100 lb. Club - Sweating for the wedding!

View Full Version : Sweating for the wedding!

ushotmedown
01-31-2014, 06:40 AM
Hi everyone!

So i'm Nicole and I'm new here. A little about me is necessary then I suppose.

I'm 21 years old.
My heaviest weight was 285lbs back in august 2013.
I've since lost about 30lbs.

I'm getting married on the 26th January 2015. Less than a year to go!

So I decided now was the perfect time to step up my weight loss a notch.

I would like to be between 140-129lbs by then.
From my CW, that would be a loss of between 114 and 125lb to lose.
So that is a whole **** of a lot.

I have the year off of university (health reasons) and a gym membership so let's see how we go!

Oh, I should mention I'm vegan, so I will probably do some combination of raw food and juicing throughout the year.

360 days until the wedding!

VikingBride2Be
01-31-2014, 08:21 AM
Hey! I'm Megan!

I'm getting married in May 2015. Probably going dress shopping and doing engagement pictures this fall -- but I'd like to lose (now) 98 lbs before the wedding.

It's exciting!

scarletmeshell
01-31-2014, 08:58 AM
Congrats ladies! How exciting!

ushotmedown
01-31-2014, 09:34 AM
Hi Megan! Ooh we can be weight loss buddies if you like? So we can keep each other on track.
I did something daring and bought a dress in a size 12.
So I have a LOT to lose by then!

VikingBride2Be
01-31-2014, 09:38 AM
Sounds fabulous!

That's awesome that you already 'said yes to the dress'!

ushotmedown
01-31-2014, 09:42 AM
I found one I loved and it was on sale down 114!!
I need to lose 114 pounds to get to my minimum goal weight.
It seemed like fate!

I got it like 4-5 dress sizes smaller.
It's going to be a challenge but completely worth it

ushotmedown
02-01-2014, 06:01 AM
Lost 2.8lbs putting me at 253 exactly.

Day One: 31/01

The bad
I didn't do any exercise yesterday because I was so darn cold.
That would be because I was on day 1 of my extended juice fast.
I always get so cold the first couple of days when I do this.

The good
Other than that I got in my 2 litres of water and all my juice.

ushotmedown
02-01-2014, 10:57 AM
Day 2: 01/02

Got my wii fit out today.

So far I've done an hour and fourty five minutes of exercise and burnt around 856 calories.

I did 15 minutes of yoga.
In two parts I jogged a total of 1 mile with it. With a continuous half a mile each time. (x2)

I'm planning to do level one of the 30 day shred and then around 9pm do day 1 of c25k zombie app with my partner.

We are right next to the beach so we will just run alongside it. No one should be out with their dogs then (I have a phobia after a rottweiler bit me and broke my rib, VERY slowly getting over it but i'm still not okay with dogs off of their leashes and at the beach there is an abundance)

That's all for now. Once I hit 25 posts I will put up some pictures of my wedding dress!!

359 DAYS UNTIL THE WEDDING

divinechaos
02-01-2014, 01:36 PM
I started a juice cleanse on the 27th of January and did it for 5 days. Today I'm EATING again. I'll be on a vegetarian diet for 55 days. lol and I also got my wii fit out a few days ago :) I'm getting married in October (most likely) because I would LOVE to have a beautiful fall wedding. however, I might put it off until NEXT spring because I'd also love a beautiful spring wedding :P if I get married in October, I'd like to weigh 180, which means I have 95 lbs to lose in 8 months. It seems like you and I have a lot in common :P

ushotmedown
02-01-2014, 01:45 PM
Oooh hi! It does sound like we have a lot in common!
My wedding is January 26th because that is our anniversary and it also gives me more time to lose the weight. I'd love to be 95lbs down in 8 months, that would be incredible! I know we can do it :D
I'd love someone/s to be my weight loss buddy so we can keep each other accountable :D

VikingBride2Be
02-01-2014, 01:50 PM
Big dogs at high off-leash speeds can be problematic even if they're friendly. (I have a lab and a smaller mix).

It's snowing 4-6 inches today and another 1-2 tonight so there isn't a lot that can be done outside the house. Had a crappy day at work yesterday and wanted to shove fried foods in/around my mouth but didn't binge like I so, so, so wanted to. Been on plan 100% for the past 11 days.

On the wedding front, the future in-laws are coming to visit in March to look at rehearsal dinner spaces. :)

ushotmedown
02-01-2014, 02:03 PM
Megan if you can't make it out of the house do stuff inside! I just did the 30 day shred on youtube.

It is freezing here right by the sea. I'm cold inside the flat let alone if i do end up leaving it to go for a run :/

Have either of you chosen a venue yet?

VikingBride2Be
02-01-2014, 02:07 PM
We're having a Superbowl Party here tomorrow so I've been running around like a madwoman trying to get things clean and make sure the fiance and the dogs don't get them dirty.

We do have a venue and it was one of the first things we booked when we got engaged last August. We booked in September and it was the last weekend in either May OR July 2015. It's a Public Museum in town and has a carousel which will be open for the wedding.

http://dustybrown.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/JS-2206.jpg

ushotmedown
02-01-2014, 02:14 PM
That is gorgeous Megan! I can't upload pictures yet but if you google "Lillibrooke Manor in Berkshire" that is where I am having mine.

That's fair enough, I'm lucky I don't really have anything to distract me at the moment

VikingBride2Be
02-01-2014, 02:17 PM
That. is. so. gorgeous! That's almost exactly where I would have liked to have our wedding but FI had to go and be from a huge family, and I'm not exactly from a small one so we needed a venue that over 250 guests. Ugh.

divinechaos
02-01-2014, 02:20 PM
Nicole if you'd like to be exercise/lifestyle change buddies I'd be delighted :) I haven't picked a venue. I'm thinking about having mine at a community center with a beautiful fireplace and having some of my friends to be the cooks for the wedding :) my fiance and I want to get married somewhere outside, although we have different ideas... I want to get married by a waterfall, he wants somewhere more unique. We'll probably get married somewhere RANDOM, but we're on a budget friendly wedding since I'm a teacher and his hours fluctuate too much.

ushotmedown
02-01-2014, 02:24 PM
:D Megan I fell in love with it at first sight. We are limiting our guests to under 100 because I don't want too many people there.

Yay, I definitely need someone to hold me accountable with this much weight to lose. I would even be open to swapping emails/facebook or something so its easier to keep updated if you were comfortable with that?

divinechaos
02-01-2014, 02:35 PM
sure, I'll PM you my information

ushotmedown
02-01-2014, 02:54 PM
Okay so I don't think I have enough posts to get PM so you can contact me at nmarie@hotmail.co.uk
I think I'm alright to do that? If not I will take it down and post more :P

ushotmedown
02-01-2014, 04:10 PM
My wedding dress!!!!!! http://imageshack.com/a/img856/8155/ix1l.png and another one I bought at the same time http://imageshack.com/a/img543/518/gp8p.png

I bought both in a size 12

WahineByTheSea
02-01-2014, 04:35 PM
Those are beautiful dresses!

How are you going to choose which to wear?

ushotmedown
02-01-2014, 06:17 PM
I think that I am going for the one with the flower on the hip because my wedding is a literature theme so it looks to me more like a princess dress. The other one looks more like something I would wear out.

In addition to the exercise I did earlier I just walked/jogged 2.6 miles for a total of 4.6 miles today in total. I can't remember whether I've said but I also did day 1 level 1 of the 30ds.
Nearly died but I did it :P

ushotmedown
02-02-2014, 05:08 AM
So according to my wii fit board I am down 5lbs.

I won't count it until tomorrow just to make sure it wasn't a fluke :P

ushotmedown
02-02-2014, 08:46 AM
Day 3: 02/02

I don't feel quite as energetic today, muscles are sore but I will push through

So far:

Water: 2 litres
Juice: 2.5 litres
Calories burnt: 700
Miles jogged/walked: 1
Minutes exercised: 75

To do
W1W1 of zombie c25k

divinechaos
02-02-2014, 11:15 AM
Wow! That first dress is beautiful! Where did you find it? Good for you for all the exercise :) I just got my elliptical delivered yesterday so I'll be trying that contraption out!

ushotmedown
02-02-2014, 01:59 PM
whoever said that the 30ds gets easier on day 2 is a liar :P

Mozzy
02-03-2014, 10:54 AM
Welcome and good luck on your journey!!

VikingBride2Be
02-03-2014, 11:01 AM
Ate good at the Super Bowl yesterday but even the 'good' stuff was salty. Weighed in at 270 (UGH) then drank a glass of water and it went down to 268.8. Hopefully a day of clean eating will make for a happy 'official' weigh in day tomorrow. Luckily we sent home all the leftovers with party guests so there isn't a chip left in the house.

ushotmedown
02-05-2014, 05:19 AM
Thanks Mozzy

Megan hopefully your weigh in will be better today.

As for me, my body is being pretty crazy the last few days.
It said I had gained 8lbs on monday then lost 1lb on tuesday then gained 2lbs when I weighed this morning!!!

It's driving me crazy!
I mean I can feel myself getting smaller the scale just wont budge

ushotmedown
02-05-2014, 07:27 AM
YAAAAAAAAAY!!!
I can now fit into a size 20, it's tight but I don't plan it being that way for long.
The scale can suck it :P

triptriptrip
02-05-2014, 03:16 PM
I'm getting married January 24th 2015!

I'd really love to be back in my size 8 dresses. I'm stuck at 205 and it's driving me CRAZY. My friend and I have started doing some of that Zumba thing for the XBOX ONE and it is really hard. I hope that the change up gives me the kick that I need. I also just started cutting out all of the dairy from my diet. I'm pretty lactose-intolerant so it's something I should already be doing.

Here's to feeling comfortable in my (smaller) wedding dress and wanting to hang my photos up forever and ever without feeling crummy about the way that I look.

ushotmedown
02-05-2014, 03:54 PM
Ah so close to my date!

Yes I can't wait to look amazing in the dress and then show my pictures to everyone!

I need to incorporate more exercise in.

Ooh we have a group of brides to be here now yay :D
We will all get there!

ushotmedown
02-06-2014, 07:03 PM
Lost 3lbs!
I'm on the right track again at least.

I won't know what I weigh until the 17th now though.
I'm quite nervous as I like to have the scale as something to focus on.
I am at my partner's family home until the 17th and his brother and dad are there and I'm sure his mum will want to go out for a meal while we are here.
They just won't understand me juicing. It is going to be so awkward.

ushotmedown
02-07-2014, 05:10 PM
So I managed to stick to my juice fast today, tomorrow they want to get dominos pizza. That will be difficult to get out of and to not give in.

I love being here but I can't wait to not have to lie about what I am doing.
And I want my scale to see how i'm doing.

ushotmedown
02-08-2014, 05:41 PM
Yay did not cave to the junk food and pizza.
His mum wants to do it again on wednesday. sigh.

I really want my scales so that I can weigh!
Ooh my belt which barely did up before i can pull tight enough that it goes into the first loop of my jeans woop.

ushotmedown
02-10-2014, 05:52 PM
I miss my scale.
I want to see how i'm doing.
Still sticking to my diet but only really going for a 20min walk each day while i'm here.

ushotmedown
02-19-2014, 04:23 PM
Weighed in today at 245.8! yay! 9lbs down while I was away.
I'm down 39.2lbs from my highest weight.