Weight Loss Support - Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - February 2014 - Everyone Welcome!

Diana3271
01-31-2014, 06:37 AM
Hello Everyone! :wave: Welcome to the Check-In! Let's make it a great month!

I want to welcome everyone to the Daily Accountability Check-In. Our goal is to stay accountable and on track by posting our daily food and exercise choices. All food and exercise programs are welcome. Consistency is the key to reaching our weight loss goals.

Introduce yourself or jump right in and tell us what you have been doing.

:cheer2: Here's to the start of a great month! :cheer2:

traveling michele
01-31-2014, 10:35 AM
Alaskan-- that does sound like a horrific situation. I agree that you have to establish some rules! Can they pay rent to help replace food and other items??

My weight is up this morning.... grrr.... hopefully just a blip as tomorrow is the day I'm going to Napa with dh for a foodie walking tour. 129 today (up .6)

TGIF everyone!!

Radiojane
01-31-2014, 12:21 PM
I've been stuck at the same weight for two days (I know - that doesn't count as stuck, but this particular number is always a stopping point for me). Maybe being away next week will kick my metabolism in the butt.

Yesterday calories in 1190
poached chicken
cheddar cheese
broccoli
kale
1 square dark chocolate.

Syckgirlsfv
01-31-2014, 03:48 PM
winter is finally here! it's 64 degrees today...:rolleyes:

anyway...did all my CIS homework and now just have to read accounting chapter and do online homework that's due on I think the 7th. Gives me a little time to enjoy myself and watch a movie with DH tonight...AFTER I hit the weights!!!!! :strong::barbell::barbell::barbell:

YES! I am so exited we finally got them all delivered! We now have an adjustable incline bench with a preacher station, and an array of weights. A curl bar, and some dumbbells, too. :D:D:D

Ok, today:

B - NONE. I forgot! Was too busy!
S - crunchy ricer roller (maybe an apple if hungry later)
L - salad: romaine lettuce, baby bella mushrooms, energy nut mix, light blue cheese dressing
D - Making taco seasoned ground turkey for tacos - re-fried beans, chopped lettuce, tomatoes, and hopefully avocado is ripe! Also crunchy taco shells from the store. :dizzy:
WINE~!

alaskanlaughter
01-31-2014, 04:37 PM
we've had dense fog here for almost two weeks now, making flights sporadic at best in and out of town....it's keeping my car repairs on hold because they can't get the parts in without the planes landing...to fix the two main issue with my car is just over $1,000....omg(!!)...i keep telling myself it's worth it because 1) my car has been terrific all these years 2) the engine is in amazing shape for such an old car 3) repairs are less than what we'd spend to get a new car and 4) we haven't had to repair this car for several years....and our goal is to finish the motorcycle payments that DH has and THEN get a newer vehicle

i had a very fast weight workout this morning, skipping the easiest parts and upping the weights on some others, because i just had too many other things to get done today...i ALMOST ditched the gym entirely but figured if I hurried, i could get it done, and i did....DH took me out to lunch and i had a cup of soup and declined anything else, so for me that was a success...to focus on spending time with DH and I wasn't super hungry anyhow....now i work for the rest of the day....

CoolMom75
01-31-2014, 05:49 PM
A new thread, a new month! Here's to a successful, fun February.

Today's food so far-

Breakfast:
Yogurt and cottage cheese
Bit of plain, skinless chicken
Coffee with milk

Lunch:
Sandwich with,
Mozzarella,
Mayo
Avocado
Tomato, pickle
Chicken

Total cals 740 and dinner is going to be some chicken fajitas with homemade (masa) corn tortillas. Yum! We roasted two chickens last night so it will be the theme over the next few days. lol

Missy789
01-31-2014, 07:25 PM
Hi everyone!

I've always been fit and an athlete, but after a couple big injuries over the past couple years, my weight has really gotten out of control. I'm not good with moderation and have a history of disordered eating. I'm going to try to avoid strictly calorie counting as I'm a little worried that I might become obsessed, but we will see how it goes. Calorie counting is totally second nature to me!

Alright, I'm on Day 3 of a 3 day juice cleanse to cure me of horrible Cuba mystery illness.

So far today I've had:
-Big strawberry and pineapple juice
-Vanilla almond milk
-Spinach, red pepper, yellow pepper, apple juice

Larry H
01-31-2014, 08:26 PM
I received the Volumetric Diet books that I had ordered in today's mail. I plan on transitioning from traditional calorie counting diet to a Volumetrics diet where attention is directed to the calorie density of different foods. On my own without the books I have been trying Volumetrics for my dinner. It has kept me full and all but eliminated my evening snacking which historically was always a problem for me.

Breakfast
General Mills Fiber One cereal Original, 1 cup 120
Milk 2% milkfat, 0.75 cup 92

Lunch
Fried Breaded Haddock, 4 oz 248
Mashed Potatos 2% Milk and Margarine, 0.5 cup cooked 60
Green String Beans Steamed , 0.5 cup 22
Homemade Seafood Chowder, 1 CUP 183

Dinner
Libby's Naturals Cut Green Beans No Salt No Sugar Added, 1 3/4 Cup 70
Glory Foods Sensibly Seasoned Lower Sodium Tomatoes & Okra, 1 1/2 cup 75
Giorgio Canned Mushrooms No Salt Added, 1 cup 40
Joan of Arc - Light Red Kidney Beans No Salt Added 1 1/2 cup 330

TOTAL: 1,240 Calories my goal is 1,730 :D:carrot::D

Syckgirlsfv
01-31-2014, 08:33 PM
update: dinner turned out to be chicken bacon alfredo pizza, instead of tacos! I love this pizza, and it's 290 calories per slice which means my 2 slices is only 580. That's all I had, my wine comes later, and I have a 200 calorie spread to still have a snack later!

I did 8 sets of push-ups using push-up bars at home tonight...good stuff! Tomorrow I'm buying a few more free weights, small ones for me, and then I'll do some back work.

IanG
01-31-2014, 10:12 PM
Late check-in for me today. I had to go grocery shopping. I am playing with my milk. Bought some flax milk and almond milk today, both of which have lower calores (but less protein, sigh) than ordinary milk. Also found a new source for kimchi that is cheap.

Up 0.6lbs today to 173.4lbs. Calories were about 1800. The new milks will put a dent in the calories tomorrow.

Fat Calories Protein Carbs
Breakfast
Fish oil 5 40 0 0
oats 3 150 4 27
milk 0 68 6 10
dried apricot 0 16 0 4
honey 0 21 0 6
Coffee 0 90 9 13
Sardines 5 183 33 0
Another coffee 0 90 9 13

Lunch
quails eggs 3 42 4 0
Vital choice canned sockeye 16 340 48 0
Chipotle Cod 3 171 39 0
anchovies 2 65 10 0
Honey 0 64 0 17
Olives 2 30 0 2
Tomato 0 11 1 2
Mushroom 0 2 0 0
Red onion 0 8 0 2
Kidney beans 0 18 1 3
Spinach 0 4 0 1
Lentils 0 53 4 9
Kimchi 0 70 7 7

Beer 0 300 0 26
Total 39 1833 175 141
Weight 173.4

Targets based on weight Low High
Fat 52 87
Calories 2428 2774
Protein 156 208
Carbs target 347 520
Fat based on 20-30% caloric intake 41 61
20% less calories to cut 1942

Exercise: did 50 minutes of weight training before work. Ran 5k before lunch.

Coachmike
01-31-2014, 10:43 PM
Has anyone ever heard of shake ology or actually using it
To lose weight??

Diana3271
01-31-2014, 11:23 PM
Hi Everyone! :wave:

Kelijpa Good job meeting your goal for the month! :carrot:

Wahinebythesea Have fun snowshoeing!

Coachmike Hi and Welcome to the check-in! :welcome2: I am not familiar with that shake. You can probably search the forums for it. I know it's a Beach Body product and the Mods don't like coaches pushing the product for sale. I'm sure there are plenty of people who have tried it and can advise you about how they have done with it. Good luck with your weight loss goals.

Ian Good job tweaking things and trying to get them figured out. It gets a little tougher when you get close to goal. It's truly like every little calorie, carb, fat gram etc. makes a difference.

Syckgirlsfv I'm glad you are enjoying the new exercise equipment. Good job enjoying the pizza in moderation.

Larry Good luck with the Volumetrics book. Please share some tips when you can.

Missy789 Hi and welcome to the check-in! :welcome2:

CoolMom Your dinner sounds really good! :drool:

Alaskanlaughter I hope they can get your car fixed quickly. Great job on your lunch.

Radiojane Sending you good vibes to break through that weight! Where are you going next week?

traveling michele Have fun in Napa Valley. I am hoping to go there one day. You will have to tell us all about it. Also, give me some tips so I will know what to do if I ever get there.

Diana3271
01-31-2014, 11:26 PM
Anyone have Super Bowl plans? Originally DH wanted to go to a friends house. He never said anything else about it. Then tonight he asks if I want to grill out burgers while we watch the game. Ha Ha still not sure what we will do. I don't really care, so I will go along with whatever he decides. I have some free movie passes and he mentioned that he wanted to see a movie tomorrow. He is rarely interested in anything like that so we will do that tomorrow night. He wants to see Lone Survivor.

Total Approx 1380 Calories + :coffee:

Breakfast (395 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin 130 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (385 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 100 calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 calories
Honey mustard/Lettuce 25 calories
Oikos Strawberry Greek Yogurt 4 ounce container 100 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (600 calories)
Baked chicken 300 calories
green beans 100 calories
cabbage 100 calories
turnip greens 100 calories

Exercise:
TJ Cardio Party Mix 2 w/weighted gloves
TJ 20 Minute Workout w/weighted gloves

traveling michele
01-31-2014, 11:42 PM
Ian... I have transitioned to unsweetened almond milk for my oatmeal and I really like it. So low calorie!

Diana... We live quite close to Napa and though we don't go often, we do love the area! I don't drink but dh does so I can be his dd!

CoolMom75
02-01-2014, 12:07 AM
No superbowl plans for us. It's my work weekend.

Syckgirl, that sounds awesome having your own weight bench. I need one that comes with a coach. Hopefully I can get ack into some regular exercise soon.

Dinner ended up being 4 chicken fajita/tacos. I really stuffed myself but the cals were not bad at all. With two frosted cosmos that makes 1518 cals for the day.

My feet and ankles feel like they are puffing up. :( too much salt in the taco seasonings, maybe. It was from the bulk bins at the grocery store so I can't check.

Diana3271
02-01-2014, 07:37 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! :wave:

I didn't add on any yoga last night or the night before. I was just too tired.

I woke a little too early this morning. :tired: Truth be told, I went to bed too late and my body is used to waking by a certain time. Always trying to work on that on the weekends.

Calories for yesterday: 1380 + :coffee:
Weigh In: 164
Down: 1.6 pounds

Have a great Saturday!

kelijpa
02-01-2014, 08:49 AM
Diana I'm right with you on that, stayed up until 11:30 last night, up at 6, don't know why I keep thinking I'll sleep in...haven't eaten yet, still full from last night, I guess. We're planning on going to a small concert tonight, will probably eat out. Rather than getting something really fattening for tomorrow, I bought some frozen jumbo shrimp, looking forward to that. Oh yeah, I bought a julienne peeler yesterday, some carrots are going to get experimented on later :lol: and an egg poaching pan, can't get consistent results from the microwave.

Hope everyone has a great day and great weekend!

B- coffee w/creamer
L- maybe chicken soup
D- ?
E- walk w/little dog, he's getting a trim today, so that'll be his reward, he's not a big fan of trimming, he'd rather stay shaggy :D

travelingmichelle I use unsweetened vanilla almond milk, love it for 30 cals a cup.

laciemn
02-01-2014, 10:49 AM
Hey guys, I haven't really been tracking because I've been quite ill for several days. I feel a little bit better today. I haven't been eating ridiculous stuff, just a bit less cooking than usual. I cooked for the first time since being sick today, made a fried egg, 3 sausage links, and a piece of toast.

I believe I'm eating around maintenance. We shall see when I weigh in after this thing passes.

Syckgirlsfv
02-01-2014, 11:02 AM
morning! I'm up because I have to leave for school in half an hour...I'm up a pound this morning :( but there is really no reason for it other than maybe the sodium in the pizza? :?: OR, TOM is beginning very slowly...I have been eating very lightly lately and staying under 1320 calories, so that must be it. I am not going to worry about it, because I know I'm doing well with food choices and still have NOT had any booze! And now I don't want it, either. Just my usual glass of wine at bedtime and that's all I even desire.

OK! no menu plans since I'll be at school until around 12:30, but I will eat before I leave so...

B - ancient grains cereal from Costco w/unsweetened almond milk

IanG
02-01-2014, 12:00 PM
Well, up another 0.6lbs today to 174lbs.

I am on the unsweetened flax milk today...25 calories a cup. That will dent the calories. I expect them to be about 1400 today.

Breakfast
Fish oil 5 40 0 0
oats 3 150 4 27
Flaxseed milk 2 19 0 1
dried apricot 0 16 0 4
honey 0 21 0 6
Coffee 3 25 0 1
Polar Kippers 12 162 14 0
Another coffee 3 25 0 1

Lunch
quails eggs 3 42 4 0
Dryheated Smelt 3 105 19 0
crab 1 120 26 0
Prawns 2 80 16 0
anchovies 2 65 10 0
Honey 0 64 0 17
Olives 2 30 0 2
Tomato 0 11 1 2
Mushroom 0 2 0 0
Red onion 0 8 0 2
Kidney beans 0 18 1 3
Spinach 0 4 0 1
Lentils 0 53 4 9
Kimchi 0 70 7 7

Beer 0 300 0 26
Total 39 1428 106 108
Weight 174

Fat 52 87
Calories 2436 2784
Protein 157 209
Carbs target 348 522
Fat based on 20-30% caloric intake 32 48
20% less calories to cut 1949

Exercise: Did 50 minutes weight training followed by a 5k run.

novangel
02-01-2014, 12:39 PM
Morning! :coffee:

I have been MIA but I'm back. I've spent the last few days running almost non-stop errands (plus a funeral) in between working while experiencing relentless TOM fatigue. I've been going to bed by 9pm which is very early for me. This weather is definitely not helping either.

Today is MORE snow....they say around 12 more inches expected by the time everything is said and done on Tues. It gets harder and harder to drive anywhere in my Honda. They say this winter may break the record for most snow ever! I think we should get a t-shirt or something. :lol: I'm also hearing temps may be back down to -20 by Feb 7th. Not amused.

So today is more errands and then maybe someone can airlift me to the gym.

Happy February! 7 weeks till Spring! :carrot::carrot::carrot:

shr1nk1ngme
02-01-2014, 01:25 PM
Well, up another 0.6lbs today to 174lbs.

I am on the unsweetened flax milk today...25 calories a cup. That will dent the calories. I expect them to be about 1400 today.

Flax milk is a new one for me and I thought I was pretty health-food savvy. How is the flavor? Flax anything always seems a bit fishy to me.

----------------

I am down to 154.4 this morning, down .6 from two days ago. Slow and steady wins the race, they say.

Today is an UpDay so I am looking forward to lots of healthy food: coffee with real cream, one minute flaxseed muffin with grass-fed butter, whole-fat Greek yogurt, steamed asparagus with gourmet aged cheddar cheese, an omelette with old-fashioned farm-raised eggs and local vegetables from the farmers market, etc. Started out with a bulletproof coffee. Mmmmm.

Syckgirlsfv
02-01-2014, 04:29 PM
got super hungry at school so I went to our on-campus El Pollo Loco and got a chicken taco al carbon and tortilla roll. YUM! 560 cals in total. I thought the roll would be smaller, so I didn't need the taco. I'll know next time.

Getting ready to go back out and buy some smaller plates for our weight set...we need (I should say I need) some nickels and some 2.5ers. From my push-ups yesterday, I am sore everywhere! triceps, chest, sides, lower abs...what a difference those push-up bars make!

WahineByTheSea
02-01-2014, 04:54 PM
Weekends are my kryptonite, but I was pretty good today :)

Breakfast - oatmeal (200 calories)
Lunch - hot chocolate (300 calories!)
Dinner - more hummus and tabbouleh (~700 calories)
Dessert - toast with cherry jam (~200 calories)
Exercise - snowshoeing x 1.5 h (? calories, but whatever it is I'll take it!)

IanG
02-01-2014, 07:34 PM
Flax milk is a new one for me and I thought I was pretty health-food savvy. How is the flavor? Flax anything always seems a bit fishy to me.

It tastes a little nutty. I do love fish though, so I doubt I would notice!

alaskanlaughter
02-01-2014, 09:50 PM
very long day running all kinds of errands with everyone....had another nasty run in with the lady that we had to get a protective order against...looks like we'll need another one *sigh*

it was a rest day from the gym and I also haven't eaten much at all today...610 calories and 27 carbs and i'm STARVING waiting for dinner to cook :(

novangel
02-01-2014, 10:20 PM
had another nasty run in with the lady that we had to get a protective order against...looks like we'll need another one

I don't remember this, you can't catch a break with the crazies. :/

I did Jillian 30DS...poorly. I'm just a bloated, crabby, and emotional mess this month, & TOM hasn't even started yet. I notice consistently that my heart rate goes higher during hormone surges too, I can't catch my breath and I burn out faster. :rollpin:

Diana3271
02-01-2014, 10:57 PM

Talk about a day not going as planned! Last night DH was trying to finish up a job. The parts were delayed coming in due to the Winter weather. The customer had been huffing and puffing and it wasn't even our fault. We understand though because the truck is for work and he is having to rent a truck. The parts that came in were WRONG! The dealerships were closed at that time. Most of the parts we use are dealer only but he tried the regular parts stores anyways. They didn't have the part. When the dealer opened this morning he called to locate the part. They didn't have it in our area. It was available in Columbia, which is half way across the state from us. If we ordered it, we wouldn't get it until Tuesday. We got in the truck to drive to Columbia to get it. We got the part and got back home. DH still wanted to go to the movies since we already had that planned. Hopefully the part is correct and he can finish the job tomorrow for the customer. If all goes well, the customer can pick his truck up on Monday. I am exhausted! I normally do all the driving when we travel. DH gets sleepy when he drives for long distances. Also, he can't follow the GPS. LOL He totally doesn't understand that little machine. I drove 350 miles today! BTW: I just didn't have the time to fit a workout in. :lol:

After we got the part we decided to stop for lunch. I wanted to stop somewhere I could get some decent coffee. I found an Atlanta Bread Co. We were not familiar with the area and I didn't want to drive too far off our path. I was not familiar with their menu, so I just ordered something I would enjoy. I also drank several cups of coffee to keep me going. :tired:. My day was over calorie. I haven't looked up the info from Atlanta Bread Co. yet. Tomorrow I will have to catch up with everything that I had planned for today. :lol:

Total Approx 2010 Calories + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch 715 Calories
Chicken salad sandwich 440 calories
fruit cup 75 calories
3 cups of coffee w/cream & sugar 200 calories

Dinner (550 Calories)
dinner bread 100 calories
grilled grouper 300 calories
2 orders vegetable medley 150 calories

Movie Theater (350 Calories)
Popcorn 300 calories
1 swig of root beer 50 calories

Exercise:
No time :rofl:

CoolMom75
02-01-2014, 11:50 PM
A very stressful work day so no lunch today, or water! Dumb dumb dumb.

Breakfast:
Toast with feta and leftover chicken fajita mix leftover from dinner
Two bacon
Coffee with milk

Dinner:
Grilled cheese sandwich
Two pieces of chicken

I need my veggies! Hoping to get a salad made or roast veggies soon.
Total cals today 1111

alaskanlaughter
02-02-2014, 01:55 AM
I don't remember this, you can't catch a break with the crazies. :/

I did Jillian 30DS...poorly. I'm just a bloated, crabby, and emotional mess this month, & TOM hasn't even started yet. I notice consistently that my heart rate goes higher during hormone surges too, I can't catch my breath and I burn out faster. :rollpin:

I've had more drama this year than I've had in my whole life LOL....I must be overdue for it or something

This lady is NOT connected to the creepy stalker phone calls. This is the lady who let my niece's daughter live with her for awhile...unrelated, no biological connection etc except she always wanted to adopt a little Native girl and had her sights set on this one....And when my niece came back to live with us and decided that her daughter should be here too, this lady FLIPPED OUT and when we all stood together as a family and refused to "return her", she has continued to harass us every since...BTW, the little girl does NOT want to go back to this lady and throws a huge fit every time it's even brought up and used to have nightmares waking up begging not to go back there...Makes you wonder huh?

This lady has harassed and threatened us by phone and through Facebook until we had to get a protective order....She threatened to sue us and called state child welfare services making all sorts of allegations about us, niece, her boyfriend etc...Today she was in the store at the same time as us and followed my niece around the store yelling at her and me that we "took her child away from her"...ummm NOT her child....(??!!)

Diana3271
02-02-2014, 08:40 AM

Last night I was too tired, again, to add on any yoga. Hopefully I can get caught back up on my stuff that I need to do. DH mentioned about cooking burgers for the game tonight. I am also planning on doing a workout and getting my yoga in. I am up on a scale a little. I have seen much worse gains, so I will take it. Since it wasn't a large gain, I wonder if I will show a second gain. That happens sometimes with me.

Calories for yesterday: 2010 + :coffee:
Weigh In: 164.8
Up: .8

Have a great day!

novangel
02-02-2014, 09:22 AM
This is the lady who let my niece's daughter live with her for awhile...unrelated, no biological connection etc except she always wanted to adopt a little Native girl and had her sights set on this one....And when my niece came back to live with us and decided that her daughter should be here too, this lady FLIPPED OUT and when we all stood together as a family and refused to "return her", she has continued to harass us every since...BTW, the little girl does NOT want to go back to this lady and throws a huge fit every time it's even brought up and used to have nightmares waking up begging not to go back there...Makes you wonder huh?

This lady has harassed and threatened us by phone and through Facebook until we had to get a protective order....She threatened to sue us and called state child welfare services making all sorts of allegations about us, niece, her boyfriend etc...Today she was in the store at the same time as us and followed my niece around the store yelling at her and me that we "took her child away from her"...ummm NOT her child....(??!!)

OMG! That's even more scary than the phone calls! I'd have a GPS on that child. People are really nuts.

:coffee:

I'll be off to work soon and then picking up my son after.

It's getting to the point that I don't want to work 5 days anymore. I think I want to cut back to 4 but I'm afraid to ask, I think the owner would get pissy since I was so adamant about working 5 days upon hiring...but I thought I would be broke. It turns out I'm doing ok money wise which is great (*knock on wood) but I am getting burned out working so much. I think I will play it safe and not say anything until after May when I have been there a year and 100% positive I want to drop a day. For now I should request vacation time in June before anyone else does.

BBL.

IanG
02-02-2014, 11:50 AM
Down 1lb today to 173.0lbs. Not bad. It's a tough day today as my wife went to the gym which means I don't get to go until later. Which means working out on a hungry stomach. I hate doing that.

Calories today will be about 1500.

Breakfast
Fish oil 5 40 0 0
oats 3 150 4 27
Flaxseed milk 2 19 0 1
dried apricot 0 16 0 4
honey 0 21 0 6
Coffee 3 25 0 1
Another coffee 3 25 0 1

Lunch
quails eggs 3 42 4 0
anchovies 2 65 10 0
Honey 0 64 0 17
Olives 2 30 0 2
Tomato 0 11 1 2
Mushroom 0 2 0 0
Red onion 0 8 0 2
Kidney beans 0 18 1 3
Spinach 0 4 0 1
Lentils 0 53 4 9
Kimchi 0 70 7 7

Beer 0 300 0 26
Total 52 1568 112 108
Weight 173
Protein/weight ratio 0.65
Fat 52 87
Calories 2422 2768
Protein 156 208
Carbs target 346 519
Fat based on 20-30% caloric intake 35 52
20% less calories to cut 1938

Exercise: Hope to weight train for 50 minutes and then run 5k.

kelijpa
02-02-2014, 06:54 PM
Getting back on plan a little bit, got my water in anyway, feel like my body is hydrated again. Looking forward to an OP week.

B- ham, egg and cheese scramble w/salsa
L- ham, provolone, spring mix, tomatoes, on 1/2 roll
D - shrimp w/butter and cocktail sauce
S - chips and dip, too many...
E - snow hike w/little dog, hoping to get on the bike for a half hour
80 oz. water, perhaps Irish cream later

best to all :sunny:

alaskanlaughter
02-02-2014, 08:32 PM
DH took both the little kids over to his bro's house to watch the Superbowl...they even took our dog LOL...the older kids are all out somewhere still....I've had the house to myself for over THREE HOURS (!!!!)....it's been soooo nice :) I've done all the laundry, I patched up son's Cub Scout uniform badges, I paid the last of the bills, and I even got our taxes done online and filed :D then I went shopping for supplies that I need this week at my program...now i'm going to put away the laundry and clean the kitchen....

I don't really want time to relax....it's just SO NICE to be able to get chores done without everyone underfoot, in the way, and being loud

Diana3271
02-02-2014, 09:03 PM

Coolmom Another option for veggies, especially if you are really busy. You can buy a juice that has a variety of veggies. This isn't perfect, but it can help. You can even keep a bottle in the pantry or at work if you need. There are other brands to choose from. This company has some good options:
http://www.lakewoodjuices.com/products
http://www.lakewoodjuices.com/product_detail/id-95/
http://www.lakewoodjuices.com/product_detail/id-96/
http://www.lakewoodjuices.com/product_detail/id-92/
http://www.lakewoodjuices.com/product_detail/id-94/

Alaskanlaughter I'm glad you had a little break today. It's nice to feel accomplished.

Novangel I'm glad your work is doing well and obviously growing! Good for you. :carrot:

Ian Congrats on the pound!

Kelijpa Is your DH following your lead with the food and exercise? (do you eat and exercise the same?)

Diana3271
02-02-2014, 09:14 PM
The grocery store where I shop is no longer carrying the yogurt I normally eat. I eat the small cups. I have been curious if my yogurt is triggering my sweet tooth. I have gotten to where I eat the yogurt before my apple. When I ate the yogurt last I seemed to feel munchy. Since the store is no longer carrying it, I decided to sub sugar snap peas. My only concern is that the yogurt has protein and protein seems to fill me up. But, in the past, I have consumed extra veggies to fill me up where as that small cup of yogurt wouldn't fill me up. So I bought enough sugar snap peas to get me through the week. I will see how I feel with this substitution. I probably won't change the info on my lunch posting. I will just see how it goes. If it goes well, I will change the info.

Total Approx 1845 Calories + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch350 calories[B]
Artisan Bistro Salmon dinner 280 calories
roasted cauliflower 80 calories

[B]Dinner 1100 Calories
baked French fries w/ketchup and mustard 200 calories
cheese burger 450 calories
1 mini pumpkin tart 170 calories

Exercise:
R.I.P.P.E.D. Total Body Challenge w/8's

HuggerBunny
02-02-2014, 09:15 PM
This is what I had yesterday.

Breakfast:
-light raspberry yogurt

Lunch:
-quesadilla w/ low carb tortilla and cheddar cheese

Dinner:
-cod cooked with a little butter, soy sauce, and lemon juice
-kale salad

Treat:
-oatmeal chocolate chip caramel bar (I made them for a Super Bowl party my husband was going to and of course tried one, this was planned out a good month in advance so it wasn't an unexpected splurge or anything)

Overall, wish the day had more produce, but we needed to go to the store! Store trip happened between lunch and dinner, which is how I had kale salad with dinner :) Glad to have fresh fruits and veggies in the fridge again!

alaskanlaughter
02-02-2014, 09:52 PM
sautťed red cabbage and sausage for dinner :) mmmmm

Larry H
02-02-2014, 11:46 PM
I stayed under my calorie goal today in spite of being at a Super Bowl Tailgate Party.:D

The scale was kind to me today and went down 3 pounds!! :D:carrot::D

alaskanlaughter
02-03-2014, 12:36 AM
I ended my day at 1300 calories and 93 carbs and THEN I had two bowls of cereal :( I don't know what the calorie or carb content was but i'm FINALLY full and satiated and not craving sweets anymore....*sigh* some days are just like that, NEVER full, perhaps because of my weight training? not sure...

Rasagolla
02-03-2014, 12:44 AM
Hello everyone, I have been appearing and disappearing on this forum. That is because my weight loss strategies have been on and off. As a result I have gained 8 pounds! I was 159 when I left this forum because I was frustrated that I did not lose any more weight. Now that I left it, I have regained the weight and right now I will be happy to be 159! :?:

I also got diagnosed with runner's knee so I can't run anymore which is my primary exercise. This forum was so helpful in losing and maintaining my weight last year. I look forward to getting back on and back on track

I am inspired reading your daily accountability and even if I dont post everyday I have promised myself to read everyday and get inspired

CoolMom75
02-03-2014, 01:19 AM
Thanks for the juice links, Diana. Veggie juice is hard for me to choke down. I'm having a cocktail with organic cranberry juice right now though. Much needed after the work weekend I just finished!

Today's food...
Breakfast:
Egg with spinach and feta
Two bacon
Coffee with milk

Lunch:
8 California rolls (on the run)

Dinner:
Baked yams and apples
Bit of ww pasta with red sauce
Two cosmos

Total cals 1140. Tomorrow is a fast day, with just breakfast. Hopefully this puffiness will leave!

kelijpa
02-03-2014, 05:43 AM
Back up to 161.7, ready to have a good day today.
Here's the plan

B- cream of wheat, unsweet van almond milk, poached egg
L- spring mix, tomato, smoked oysters, Italian, salsa
S- orange, apple
D- salad or v8
E- walk at work, bike

Hope everyone has a great day! :sunny:

Diana3271
02-03-2014, 07:14 AM

Last night I added on: Short Rest from AM PM Yoga for Beginners

Calories for yesterday: 1845 + :coffee:
Weigh In: 164.8
No Change

Have a great day!

IanG
02-03-2014, 11:39 AM
Up 1lb today to 174.0lbs. Sigh. Calories will be about 1600 today.

Breakfast
Fish oil 5 40 0 0
oats 3 150 4 27
Flaxseed milk 2 19 0 1
dried apricot 0 16 0 4
honey 0 21 0 6
Coffee 3 25 0 1
Another coffee 0 90 9 13

Lunch
quails eggs 3 42 4 0
Sardines 5 183 33 0
Prawns 2 80 16 0
anchovies 2 65 10 0
Honey 0 64 0 17
Olives 2 30 0 2
Tomato 0 11 1 2
Mushroom 0 2 0 0
Red onion 0 8 0 2
Kidney beans 0 18 1 3
Spinach 0 4 0 1
Lentils 0 53 4 9
Kimchi 0 70 7 7

Beer 0 300 0 26
Total 41 1556 122 120
Weight 174
Protein/weight ratio 0.70
Fat 52 87
Calories 2436 2784
Protein 157 209
Carbs target 348 522
20% less calories to cut 1949

Exercise: Ran 5k before work. Will do 1 hour weight training before lunch.

CoolMom75
02-03-2014, 12:20 PM
I'm up a pound after the weekend.

Breakfast:
Baked yams and apples
Egg with spinach and feta

Total cals 263

I think I'm going to skip the coffee this week. Hopefully the headache tonight won't be bad.

Syckgirlsfv
02-03-2014, 02:47 PM
Doing well...water slowly coming off and that's AFTER a weekend. I still have had ZERO booze. I love my wine, and now booze just sounds gross. Yesterday DH made scrambled eggs w/taco seasoned ground turkey. VERY yummy :) We ordered pizza from Papa John's with chicken breast, canadian bacon, pineapple, and jalapenos. They gave us free spicy wings AND a deep dish cookie for free - but I only had 2 wings, and 2 little slivers of the cookie. Oh, and 3 pieces of pizza. BUT, that was it the whole day besides breakfast.

Today:
B - 0% greek yogurt, 15 almonds, pumpkin pie spice, honey
L - Salad: romaine, ground turkey (leftover), baby bella mushrooms, light blue cheese dressing.
S - banana
D - chicken breasts, steamed cauliflower, brown rice. that's the plan anyway!

alaskanlaughter
02-03-2014, 05:29 PM
i did not go to the gym today...i worked this morning and then spent most of the mid-morning sitting at the courthouse waiting to talk to a judge...i finally spoke with him and was granted another 20-day protective order against this lady, applying to all the pertinent members of my household including me...we have a hearing on a long-term order after that and i thought it was funny how both me AND the judge had to bring up our calendars to see when we could schedule a hearing LOL my schedule is just so packed

then i went back to work and i'm here all day :) at least it's sunny out

Diana3271
02-03-2014, 09:14 PM
Hi Everyone!

Huggerbunny Good job having the treat in moderation!

Alaskanlaughter The sausage and cabbage does sound great! I'm glad the judge granted an extension on the order.

Larry Good job on the 3 pounds! :carrot:

Rasagolla I'm sorry to hear about the runner's knee. I know that must be frustrating for you. Try to find a low impact exercise program that you can do. There are a lot of options with DVD's. Good luck and I hope you find something that will work for you.

CoolMom Actually most of those juices don't taste like the typical veggie juice. They contain fruits so it has more of a sweet taste. DH can even drink some of them. :D Here's some more to look at:
http://nakedjuice.com/our-products/power-garden/berry-veggie
http://bolthouse.com/products/beverages/juices

Kelijpa I hope you had a great day!

Ian I saw your post about calories/energy. Do you think you are going to make any changes? I hope you can find a good balance for you.

Syckgirlsfv Good job on the changes. :bravo:

Diana3271
02-03-2014, 09:21 PM

I felt pretty good with the sugar snaps today. I didn't get that sugar craving that I normally get after the yogurt. I still don't know if that's just in my head or what. I also stayed full and satisfied all day. I will continue on with the sugar snaps this week since I couldn't get the yogurt. :lol:

Total Approx 1370 Calories + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
Raw Sugar Snap Peas 90 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (600 Calories)
Grilled salmon 400 calories
Okra and tomatoes 100 calories (sodium city!)
Collard greens 100 caloires (sodium city!)

Exercise:
TJ Cardio Party Remix w/weighted gloves
TJ Fat Blaster w/weighted gloves

kelijpa
02-03-2014, 09:30 PM
Hi Diana!

Hello all, basically stuck to my plan the only difference was Frangelico for dinner instead of salad or V8, happy to have gotten in all my exercise and back to my cream of wheat for breaky and spring mix for lunch.

Ian pulling for you!

getting sleepy, best to all :sunny:

CoolMom75
02-03-2014, 09:49 PM
Sugar snap peas sound yummy. Haven't had any since summer.

Today was supposed to be a fast day but I could not abstain after making pizza for the family. Pizza is my weakness, for sure. Homemade and loaded with veggies...

Total cals 1299.

Syckgirlsfv
02-03-2014, 10:37 PM
dinner was yummy but with a slight change...I did cook the organic chicken breast, but I cubed them and sauteed them with onions and herbs and then I realized that DH doesn't like chicken 'plain' like that. SO, I got a can of condensed cheddar cheese soup and dumped that in with it, added some salsa, and served that alongside steamed cauliflower. Also instead of rice, had baked potato ;) just a little lite sour cream on it. :D

novangel
02-03-2014, 11:03 PM
I haven't worked out in 2 days. Yesterday I was too busy and today I'm irritable to the max from hormones.

I'm becoming more and more discouraged with myself. I used to be VERY disciplined.

Tomorrow is a new day.

HuggerBunny
02-04-2014, 04:15 AM
Syckgirlsfv, your dinner sounds really good!

This is what I had today. Very tasty day of food!

Lunch:
-can of tuna mixed with a bit of mayo and mustard
-sliced medium sized tomato
-grapes

Snack:
-about 8 more grapes
-a bite of a cookie
-1 Triscuit

Dinner:
-stir fry with pork and veggies
-2 very tiny mandarin oranges

kelijpa
02-04-2014, 05:36 AM
Good morning all, feeling better today, a little low back soreness, not bad. Down to 158.2

L- spring mix, tomatoes, Italian, BH salsa ranch, smoked oysters
S- orange, apple, banana
D- fish and veggies
E- walk at work, bike

That's the plan anyway... Hope everyone has a great day :sunny:

Diana3271
02-04-2014, 07:13 AM

Last night I added on: Easing Neck and Shoulder Tension (Passive) from AM PM Yoga for Beginners

Calories for yesterday: 1370 + :coffee:
Weigh In: 164.4
Down: .4

Have a great day!

IanG
02-04-2014, 11:42 AM
Thanks everyone for the support. I am up 2lbs today to 176lbs. Crazy. It's my gain day, but that is still crazy.

I am adding a protein shake after my morning workout. I used to have one and didn't think much of it so cut it. But I am wondering if that helped pull me through to lunch and helped me recover from my workouts.

I also have a crazy day at work today that will prevent me from doing a lunchtime run. I might take a rest day from that or slip one into the afternoon.

So calories will be about 1600 today.

Breakfast
Fish oil 5 40 0 0
oats 3 150 4 27
Flaxseed milk 2 19 0 1
dried apricot 0 16 0 4
honey 0 21 0 6
Coffee 3 25 0 1
Another coffee 0 90 9 13
Protein shake 0 115 27 1

Lunch
quails eggs 3 42 4 0
anchovies 2 65 10 0
Honey 0 64 0 17
Tomato 0 11 1 2
Mushroom 0 2 0 0
Red onion 0 8 0 2
Kidney beans 0 18 1 3
Kimchi 0 70 7 7

Beer 0 300 0 26
Total 48 1662 145 111
Weight 176
Protein/weight ratio 0.82
Fat 53 88
Calories 2464 2816
Protein 158 211
Carbs target 352 528
Fat based on 20-30% caloric intake 37 55
20% less calories to cut 1971

Exercise: Did 1 hour boxing before work.

MommaMimi
02-04-2014, 01:13 PM
I can't wait to be held accountable! lol Seriously, its what keeps me moving. I hate letting other people down. Since my second weight in on Wednesday I have lost one whole pound. Better than nothing, I know. Hoping that when my schedule opens up a bit more I can start exercising on a regular basis and that will really help. So far I'm only watching my diet and eating healthy.

alaskanlaughter
02-04-2014, 01:26 PM
i have a busy day today and will not make it to the gym...i have no car with me and mine is still in the shop...maybe i can pick it up tomorrow morning...i worked this morning and came right back to work after giving DH the truck...i'm at work til 6 p.m. although will take some time to walk around the area and get some coffee....i have a class tonight until 8 p.m.

my allergies have been flaring since late last night and i have no idea why :(

CoolMom75
02-04-2014, 02:02 PM
Kicking myself for the weakness on my fast day yesterday. Pizza shot my retention weight up to 180.2.

Trying again today, back on coffee.

Blended coffee for breakfast
15 bean soup in the crock for dinner

Total cals 458.

Syckgirlsfv
02-04-2014, 03:14 PM
:wave::wave::wave:aloha party people!:wave::wave::wave:

super busy this week...here's today:

B - actually skipped due to no time (bad, I know!)
S - crunchy rice roller (45 cals)
L - salad: romaine, energy nut mix, half an avocado, lite blue cheese
D - will be quick because of school tonight; turkey burger patty or salmon patty w/light jarlsberg and maybe zoodles on top...there is a piece of pizza leftover from the other day with my name on it, but I'm thinking it's best to just let DH have it!

Lala165
02-04-2014, 07:37 PM
Hello everyone,

Getting ready for a weekend trip but threat of snow is stressing me out and possibly ruining my plans. Still doing the things I need to do before I go(hopefully).
02/04/14
2% milk
1 cup raisin bran
2 cup coffee with 2% milk

1/2 slice of deli oven roasted turkey breast
4 baby bella mushroom caps stuffed with crabmeat onion feta cheese with egg and breadcrumb baked
water

Hamburger on whole wheat bun with ketchup sliced onion and pickle
6 onion rings

exercise launchpad series stage 2 (30minutes)

HuggerBunny
02-04-2014, 09:49 PM
This is what I had today. No breakfast or snacks, but the portion of stir fry was a bit larger than I would usually have (still a reasonable amount).

Lunch:
-leftover stir fry that I made last night (pork, cabbage, mushrooms)
-grapes

Dinner:
-chicken taco salad. Chicken was cooked in the crock pot, made the dressing, and other things in it were lettuce, carrots, radish, olives, and grated cheese.
-grapes
-about a cup of Diet 7Up

Edit: I wrote this right before dinner. Turns out my avocado wasn't ripe yet and the tomatoes mysteriously and tragically disappeared (I love tomatoes), so I took those out of my salad description.

Diana3271
02-04-2014, 10:12 PM

Kelijpa I have been having some neck and shoulder soreness since upping my weights. I probably need to stretch more. How is your back feeling now?

CoolMom Today is a new day! I hope it was a good one for you.

Syckgirlsfv You dinner did sound delish. Have you ever cooked millet? I saw a program where they made mock mashed potatoes with cauliflower and millet. I like those sort of recipes but I know DH wouldn't want to try it.

Novangle How did it go today? Were you able to get a workout in?

HuggerBunny Keep up the great work!

Noshoes Congrats on your lifestyle changes. :carrot:

Ian How did it go with the protein shake?

MommaMimi Hi and welcome to the check-in! :welcome2: Congrats on your loss so far.

Alaskanlaughter I hope you can get your car tomorrow. Feel better with your allergies.

Lala I hope you are able to make your trip and the snow doesn't cause you problems.

Diana3271
02-04-2014, 10:14 PM

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (600 Calories)
Grilled Chicken breast 400 calories
2 orders steamed broccoli 200 calories

Exercise:
KCM's 30 MTF Start Here Cardio Sculpt and Upper Body Weights w/8's & 12's
Jessica Smith 10 Pounds Down Weight Loss Cardio Mix

IanG
02-04-2014, 10:41 PM
Well, I'm making some changes. 176lbs today shook me up so I need to try something different.

First, beer is back but I will go lighter than I used to. I tried to substitute tea but it just has not brought the benefits I had hoped. So beer is back OP.

Secondly, and more seriously, my exercise regime has to change. I have been doing too much and my body has just crashed. Too much cardio. And just no energy. I think a case of overtraining. So instead of prioritizing running, I am going to prioritize weight training. And aim for 5k runs instead of 10k ones.

Let's see how this goes.

kelijpa
02-04-2014, 10:48 PM
Hello all today went well, we spent a little time getting ready for the storm that should be hitting pretty soon.as ready as we can be.

Stuck to plan today, except didn't get to the bike, did some walking around the yard getting stuff ready and stacked some wood.

Diana still feeling the low back a bit, but it's not sore anymore, sometimes it gets sore with TOM, it's just there, letting me know it's there.

Curious to see what kind of snow we're going to get, good night all :sunny:

Ian sounds like you have a good plan, wishing you the best, we have to keep adjusting, we (DH and I) seem to be on a calorie cycling type of thing lately, just kind of happened, during the week we have a lower day then regular, then lower, regular, then a little looser on the weekend.

I've been doing a lower rep but more consistent exercise plan, it seemed when I tried to increase the amount of time I kept coming up with excuses to skip it, so I'm going to stick with this for awhile.

novangel
02-04-2014, 10:49 PM
I got in Jillian today. I wanted to go to the gym but we're having another snow storm. This weather is really making me blah.

alaskanlaughter
02-05-2014, 01:29 AM
my car is fixed and I should be able to get it in the morning....if this doesn't solve the issues i'm having with it, i'm not putting any more money into it...time to cut the losses and look at a newer vehicle

I worked all day 7 a.m. til 6 p.m. with a lunch break and then went to a 2-hour class....now i'm going to bed....eating was gradually horrible today and i'm not even sure why, started out well and went increasingly downhill from there...eating carbs, eating when not hungry, ugh....onward to tomorrow n better choice :) if my car actually runs well I might even make it to the gym :D

PostWeddingsmallsize
02-05-2014, 02:41 AM
Didnt make a planned gym visit, ate take out for dinner which means I almost snacked in something unhealthy. Thats were the cycle of bad ended though. Going to drink a glass of milk and go to bed.

kelijpa
02-05-2014, 06:32 AM
Good morning all, snowing away out there, we're on a delay, I'm not going in, now they're calling for 10 to 14 inches, they said to check back later...what ev...

Lost 1 to 157.2, planning on a lower cal day today, so maybe will make it back to last week's weigh in, :D

plan:
L- spring mix, Italian, balsamic, BH salsa ranch, smoked oysters
S- orange, apple, banana
D- salad
E- snow shoe, snow shovel, maybe exercise bike

Diana3271
02-05-2014, 07:17 AM

Last night I added on: Tamilee Webb's Total Body Stretch (standing)

Weigh In: 163.8
Down: .6

Have a great day!

novangel
02-05-2014, 01:11 PM
I don't want to make my life more difficult but the longer I'm 138-140p the more I see I still have extra body fat. I'm just being honest with myself...I don't expect perfection but still.

I think I want to TRY to get to 135p solid. I know that's not much but I think that would make a noticeable difference.

Decisions. Decisions.

Have a good day, everyone. We're buried in snow and more is coming this weekend. :/

IanG
02-05-2014, 01:15 PM
Up 2lbs today to 178.0lbs.

OK, I am doing a hard reset on my exercise and diet as from today. My old
regime was just not getting the results I wanted, and I was starting to feel bad.

I am all with you kelijpa on getting some consistency and sustainability and that is what I will be shooting for from now on.

So here are the new rules.

1) Beer is back but limited to no more than one.

2) Big one this. Cardio goes from being the priority to taking last place. And I am reducing the amount of time I spend on cardio to no more than half an hour. I was getting too burned out from doing 50 minutes sessions and 10k runs every day. So from now on, it's 30 minute sessions and 5k runs. I hope this will be more sustainable. In practical terms, I will do weight training or boxing in the morning and a short run or spinning session before lunch. Running first gave me no energy for weight training later in the day so I was not able to lift as well.

3) The protein shake returns in place of a morning latte to get me through to lunch.

4) The fish oil supplement gets droppped until further notice (why bother when all I eat is fish, right?).

So, my calories will be about 1500 today:

Breakfast
oats 3 150 4 27
Flaxseed milk 2 19 0 1
dried apricot 0 16 0 4
honey 0 21 0 6
Coffee 3 25 0 1
Coffee 3 25 0 1
Protein shake 0 115 27 1

Lunch
quails eggs 3 42 4 0
Octopus in oil 12 220 24 6
Prawns 2 80 16 0
anchovies 2 65 10 0
Honey 0 64 0 17
Tomato 0 11 1 2
Mushroom 0 2 0 0
Red onion 0 8 0 2
Kidney beans 0 18 1 3
Kimchi 0 70 7 7

Beer 0 300 0 26
Total 44 1517 128 105
Weight 176
Protein/weight ratio 0.72
Fat 53 88
Calories 2464 2816
Protein 158 211
Carbs target 352 528
Fat based on 20-30% caloric intake 34 51
20% less calories to cut 1971

Exercise: Did 55 minutes of weight training before work. Ran 3.5 miles before lunch.

Let's see if this works.

alaskanlaughter
02-05-2014, 01:22 PM
ian I really like your attitude about evaluating what's working and what's not...it's just facts, food and exercise etc and whether those facts give you the results that you want....I wish I could do that but I get so wrapped up in the emotional aspects of food that it gets much harder than it ought to be

my car appears to be fixed...for the amount of money we shelled out for it, it better not break ever again :( it ran well this morning and my DH is driving it for today to evaluate how it's working...it sounded MUCH better running in the parking lot than it has in a long time....I feel hopeful that this fix is what's needed...

since DH has my car, that means I have the truck so I can get to the gym later today...I actually have a much slower schedule today overall

after work I go with teenager to pick out his junior-year courses at the high school for next fall....nothing makes me feel older faster than thinking about his junior year because it was NOT that long ago that I was taking junior-year studies myself :(

Syckgirlsfv
02-05-2014, 02:05 PM
hmmmm, I posted last night before school but it seems to have disappeared. :(

WhatEV! I decided on the piece of pizza last night in the interest of time. It's ok, it was good! :jeno:

Diana I've never cooked millet, but I have made the mock mashed potatoes using cauliflower. I just used mozzarella cheese in it, too, and DH liked it a lot.

B - 0% greek yogurt/15 almonds/honey/pumpkin pie spice
S - crunchy rice roller
L - salad: romaine, energy nut mix, avocado, baby bella mushrooms, Bolthouse farms honey mustard dressing (much less calorie than the light blue cheese I've been using!)
D - good question. I've got fresh broccoli to steam, so maybe that and either chicken cordon blue or steak.

DH and I will do 6 sets of squats at home tonight.

Rasagolla
02-05-2014, 04:29 PM
Biked for 40 minutes. Not watching the eating yet. Will get there. Good to hear from everyone and glad to be posting.

Larry H
02-05-2014, 08:53 PM
I made a vegetarian low sodium chili today and I added a can of no salt added green beans to it Ala Volumetrics. I definitely over ate, I consumed all 6 servings and still ended the day 82 calories under my goal. I am stuffed :dizzy:

My food for today 1,648 calories, My goal 1,730 calories :D

Breakfast 198 Calories
3 large strawberries
Skim Milk, 3/4 cup
Fiber One Original cereal, 1 cup
Sweet 'n Low, 1 pkt.

Lunch 640 Calories
Popeyes Spicy Chicken Breast(5 ounces)
Popeyes Spicy Chicken Leg (No Skin) two legs
Popeyes Mashed Potato & Gravy, Regular

Dinner 602 Calories
Country Vegetarian Chili Low Sodium, 6 servings
Libby's Cut Green Beans No Salt - No Sugar Added, 1 3/4 Cup

Snacks 208 Calories
Granny Smith medium apple
Ambrosia Apple, Large Apple

novangel
02-05-2014, 09:14 PM
Ian, also maybe consider weighing yourself once a week. I can't speak for everyone but weighing everyday used to drive me insane because there's always a flux by 1-4p depending. I go by how my clothes fit and weigh probably twice a month now and I have maintained well for a year. I still don't believe that you're gaining fat so how your scale is up almost 10p is beyond me unless you're doing some serious lifting or are very constipated. You run more than anyone I have ever known and eat zero garbage. :shrug:

I just got back from the gym, ran 3 miles. :carrot: Felt good to be out of my funk and back to my regular level of chaos. :)

I'm off tomorrow so lots of errands.

Diana3271
02-05-2014, 09:20 PM

TTOM Started this morning, Oh Joy! :rolleyes:

Ian Good job working on things! I hope you can find a good balance that works for you. It sounds like you are on the right track.

Alaskanlaughter I'm glad you got your car back.

Postweddingsmallsize Hi and welcome to the check-in! :welcome2:

Kelijpa Congrats on the pound! Did you get as much snow as you expected?

Novangel Do you think doing a Jillian rotation would make a difference? Maybe you wouldn't feel the need to lose the extra weight. I know it makes a difference for some people.

Syckgirlsfv I haven't tried the Bolthouse Honey Mustard. Is it good?

Larry Good job on your day. Did you get the recipe for the chili from the Volumetrics book?

Diana3271
02-05-2014, 09:26 PM
Total Approx 1370 calories + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (600 Calories)
Grilled salmon 400 calories
2 orders steamed broccoli 200 calories

Exercise:
Cardio Section from TJ Punch Kick and Jam w/weighted gloves
Cardio Section from TJ Kickin' Core w/weighted gloves

Larry H
02-05-2014, 10:34 PM
Diana

The Chili recipe I used has been in my collection for a long time. I modified it today to reduce the sodium content and then added green beans. You have seen what sodium does to me. Volumetrics suggests adding very low energy dense veggies and or liquids to foods to lower their energy density. So I added the green beans and I was very satisfied with the result.

This is the recipe as modified for sodium reduction but without the green beans:

Country Vegetarian Chili - Low Sodium

Hearty, vegetarian friendly, mix of vegetables, herbs, and beans.

Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes

Makes 6 servings
Serving Size: 0.67 cup
Amount Per Serving
Calories 89

Ingredients
1 large onion , chopped
1 large garlic cloves , chopped
1 tbsp I can't Believe It's Not Butter, melted
1 tsp Alsosalt salt substitute
1 tsp dried basil , whole
1 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp oregano leaves , whole dried
1/2 tsp ground thyme (or whole dried thyme)
1/4 tsp black pepper
14.5 oz can DelMonte California Petite Diced Tomatoes, No Salt Added, undrained
15.5 oz can Joan of Arc No Salt Added Light Red kidney beans, red, undrained

Directions
1 In a saucepan, sautť the onion and garlic in the margarine until tender. Add the salt substitue, basil, chili powder, oregano, thyme, and pepper, and stir well.
2 Stir in the tomatoes and beans and then simmer, uncovered, for 10 to 15 minutes. Serve hot.

alaskanlaughter
02-05-2014, 11:27 PM
got all my stuff done today and DH made dinner for us :D nice to come home to food....DH said my car ran really well today with just one minor hitch in the idle once...so we'll see how it does....at this point, if it needs further repairs, it's just more cost-efficient to get a newer vehicle...

I have a half hour to do whatever I want before I put the kids to bed :D some evenings I don't even have that lol

CoolMom75
02-06-2014, 01:20 AM
Breakfast: granola with milk
Lunch and dinner were the same:
15 bean soup
Roasted potatoes
Sauteed cabbage

Total cals 1526. I skipped the coffee and was dragging!

Lala165
02-06-2014, 06:26 AM
hello everyone,
I have been so busy with my son's schedule that I was unable to post my daily intake last night. he should be driving in 6 months so that will alleviate a lot of my hectic schedule and start my fingernail biting to think of my teenager on the road. Anyway, my food intake from yesterday was:
02/05/14
2% milk
1 cup raisin bran
1 cup coffee with 2% milk

2 slices of deli provolone cheese

1 whole wheat bun with 2 slices of genoa salami and 2 tablespoon of potato salad

2 cups of chili with 10 ritz crackers
zero cal seltzer
large coffee with skim milk

Diana3271
02-06-2014, 07:20 AM

Last night I added on: Restorative Poses for Relaxation from Yoga for Stress Relief

DH and I are going to a concert tonight.

Weigh In: 163.4 (TTOM)
Down: .4

Larry Thank you for the recipe. I will print it out later, when I am more awake. :tired:

Have a great day!

kelijpa
02-06-2014, 07:47 AM
Good morning all, spent most of the day yesterday outside, lots of shoveling, paths for the dogs and chickens, Diana maybe 10 inches, then later another inch or so, so a little cleanup today. Going to try and go in for half a day. Work was closed yesterday, so that was a bonus,I wasn't going anyway, but saved a vacation day :D

Alaskan glad you got your car fixed, best of luck with it, we had to get a newer one in the summer, like you say there comes a point when it's time, I hated to let it go.

Ian keep at it, you'll find your sweet spot again.

Larry your chili sounds yummy, will have to try it soon. It's supposed to stay in the teens and twenties for the next week so good time for chili!

Yesterday
L- spring mix, romaine, radish sprouts, carrot, grape tomatoes, sunflower kernels, tortilla strips, Wegman's southwest yogurt dressing, balsamic
D- bean soup
S- apple, kind bar, Ryan's Irish cream
E- shovel, shovel, shovel that snow

Up 0.1 today to 157.3, must have put on muscle shoveling...lol

Today's plan
B- surprise, cream of wheat, unsweet van almond milk, poached egg
L- spring mix, radish sprouts, mushrooms, grape tomatoes, BH Caesar parmigiana dressing, balsamic vinegar, salmon
D- ? Juice or salad
S- banana, apple
E- bike, maybe walk if I make it in to work

Best to all :sunny:

novangel
02-06-2014, 11:08 AM
Quote:Novangel, Do you think doing a Jillian rotation would make a difference? Maybe you wouldn't feel the need to lose the extra weight.

Diana, yes, I think you're spot on. Jillian gives me a smaller, toned size (even when I was at a higher weight) and running gives me fat loss. When I stopped Jillian and just ran I was thin but now I have lost all tone and got a little jiggly...so I may be confusing lack of tone for extra fat. My weight hasn't changed so maybe not so much that I need to lose pounds, I need to lose a few inches if that makes any sense. :?: I have been trying to get Jill in every other workout to get the best of both worlds but I still prefer running. Jill is mean. :p

I can't wait for Summer! Besides being fed up with the cold I get to sign my son up for baseball for the first time ever. Being a single Mom that worked full-time till 6pm it was never possible until now that I switched professions. :) He is so excited (so am I) only I'm nervous that his peers have been on the team since a few years prior and he won't be as good. I know how kids can be mean if you're not as good at sports. I'm trying to think positive that he will do great. :D

We might finally go to the travel agent today. I'm eager to get it all in order but I just don't want to spend the $$$$. :barf:

IanG
02-06-2014, 11:14 AM
Thanks everyone for the tips. I am up 0.2lbs today to 178.2lbs. Hopefully this will be the turning point. I feel much more energized today about my new regime.

Calories will be about 1600 today.

Breakfast
oats 3 150 4 27
Flaxseed milk 2 19 0 1
dried apricot 0 16 0 4
honey 0 21 0 6
Coffee 3 25 0 1
Sardines 5 183 33 0
Coffee 3 25 0 1
Protein shake 0 115 27 1

Lunch
quails eggs 3 42 4 0
Bar Harbor Smoked Wild Kippers 28 350 39 0
anchovies 2 65 10 0
Honey 0 64 0 17
Tomato 0 11 1 2
Mushroom 0 2 0 0
Red onion 0 8 0 2
Kidney beans 0 18 1 3
Kimchi 0 70 7 7

Beer 0 300 0 26
Total 51 1588 145 99
Weight 178.2
Protein/weight ratio 0.81
Calories 2495 2851
Carbs target 356 535
Fat based on 20-30% caloric intake 35 53
20% less calories to cut 1996

Exercise: Did 50 minutes weight training before work. Will run 5k before lunch.

novangel
02-06-2014, 11:52 AM
Ian, also read: Fluctuations in Scale Weight and Water Weight This is posted as a sticky at the top of this forum. :)

Syckgirlsfv
02-06-2014, 01:18 PM
morning everyone! I'm down like .6 from yesterday. This is very slow going, but if I'm to keep it off it has to be this way. Before, I would do SBD phase one and lose quickly, but in reality I'm knowing that was because I literally ate ZERO rice, pasta, bread, potatoes...things like that. And I love those things too much to give them up forever. I also think the absence of those things resulted in a LOT of water weight loss. So I want to make the losses stick from now on.

B - skipping...not really up for it, I was super busy when I got here to work and I'm going to lunch in a little over an hour so it can wait. Going out for PHO! And looking forward to some Vietnamese spring rolls!!!! :D:dizzy::p

School tonight will cause me to eat something quickly...so maybe turkey burger or salmon patty (no bread) topped with lite Jarlsberg and zoodles! So far it'a all I've planned.

Last night DH and I did our 6 sets of squats. I did 20, 20, 17, 17, 20, and 15...a total of 109 squats! Legs aren't even that sore, when in the beginning I could barely move afterwards! Legs getting back in shape :cool:

Lala165
02-06-2014, 05:56 PM
Packing for my weekend trip(leaving first thing in the am) also packing lots of fruits and acceptable food items. Eating out is also on the itinerary so I will have to make good choices.

02/06/14

1 cup coffee with 2% milk

1/3 cup plain nonfat yogurt with 1 tbsp of honey, dash of cinnamon and 10 almonds
1/2 banana

Personal size frozen pizza with veggies (320 cal)

chicken baked with lemon and garlic, 1/2 cup brown rice with soy sauce, 1/3 cup boiled carrots, mozzarella and tomato salad with basil and red wine vinegarette

alaskanlaughter
02-06-2014, 06:06 PM
its another busy day...when isn't it? lol....i had time to get to the gym earlier this morning than usual...then i went to a meeting which involved walking 5 minutes up steep hills to get there (eek!) and then back afterwards to my car...there is virtually NO parking in the downtown area EVER *sigh*....at the meeting i had a good handful of corn tortilla chips and salsa, a small bowl of soup (not sure what kind, sort of like chili maybe?) and a few bites of chocolate and a cup of pear juice...i REALLY refrained from eating more than that although i REALLY wanted to lol...i wasn't full during the meeting but afterwards, after walking all the way back to my car, i got REALLY full...it was weird...i had my usual cup of coffee back at work and still feel awfully full....i work all afternoon now and then i have a brief meeting after work and then i'm done :D

my husband said "stop joining more committees!" LOL in a joking way because i'm always going from one thing to the next....my meeting this morning was the steering committee for a state education conference happening next month and my meeting tonight is because i serve on the governing board (not the right words but similar) of the elementary school that i work at

kelijpa
02-06-2014, 10:15 PM
Day turned out pretty good, I think it's going to rake me another week to recover from the Super Bowl of tostitos scoops :lol:

Ended up having a great salad DH made, have to figure out how to log it in MFP. Then an orange for a snack, got in my exercises, but am now a little awake because I just got done, then drank 16 oz. of water so I'll be up pretty soon after going to bed...well tomorrow's my day off so it'll work out.

I got to work, but didn't walk, so did 45 on the bike instead of 30, and did shovel snow in the morning, can't forget that :D

Syckgirlsfv I never heard of PHO until I was in Hartford, didn't get to go, but sounded interesting, they were going for lunch the day I was leaving. Next time.

laciemn
02-06-2014, 11:12 PM
Hey guys, even though I've been eating pretty badly and not counting, I'm ready to get back on board!

I ate today:
Graham cracker
6 cookies (I know)
2 servings of Doritos and spinach dip
5 chicken wings
Large portion of fries (they were baked, though!)

I have been sticking with exercising at a very basic level in the morning. I've definitely noticed its easier to do more crunches. I'm not noticing any upper body strength increase yet, however. The planks seem just as hard as before. The soreness of my legs has eased up some, though.

Diana3271
02-06-2014, 11:13 PM

This will be a quick post since we just got home from the concert. We went to see Merle Haggard. It was a fun concert. There were people there from all ages. It was wonderful seeing young people enjoy the concert. I grew up listening to a huge variety of music, so I enjoy it all. We didn't get to leave work early like we had planned. In fact we left late. We wanted to get to the concert on time so we were not able to eat dinner before. We ate something at the concert and ate dinner after. I did the best I could to keep things in moderation.

I feel like swapping the sugar snap peas this week for the yogurt has went really well. I haven't had issues with the munchies or getting hungry during the day. I seem to get sugar craving with yogurt. Maybe it just a mental thing, I don't know. I plan on making this a permanent change.

Total Approx 1450 Calories + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (680 Calories) <-- This was a huge success for me, sugar/carbs was higher but still a success! :carrot:
Shared a plain pretzel without salt w/DH 150 calories
Shared a cookie 200 calories
this is a new item at Cracker Barrel and listed as a healthy option -> Pecan Crusted Catfish w/steamed veggies 280 calories
fresh fruit 50 calories

Exercise:
KCM's 30 MTF Start Here Lower Body Minimizer w/8's
TJ Cardio Party

laciemn
02-06-2014, 11:16 PM
Hope you had fun, Diana! Also, good luck on your new plan, Ian.

CoolMom75
02-06-2014, 11:56 PM
I'm doing better sticking to my fast days having my one meal later in the day.

Today was a blended coffee in the morning
Lunch:
A slice of fresh baked bread with
Feta
Sautťed cabbage
Egg
Siracha

Total cals 561

roadbikerchick
02-07-2014, 07:08 AM
Hi everyone! :coffee:

I haven`t posted for a few days, because my weight spiked, and I was eating well, and working out lots, but I thought, no one would believe that I was. I was thinking that I was kidding myself. Anyhow, the water weight has finished coming off today, and I`m down to 154.6. That`s about 5 and a half pounds since Jan. 6. Not huge amounts, but heading the right direction. I think the gain was because I had increased the length and intensity of my workouts early last week.

IanG, I understand how you feel when the weight keeps coming on, and you`re doing all you know how. I hope the new plan works.

Diana: Glad you enjoyed the concert. We`ve got a Merle Haggard CD in the truck that dh just loves to play.:D

I`ll check back in later. Have a great, on-plan day, everyone!

Diana3271
02-07-2014, 07:13 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! :wave: TGIF! :carrot: Let's make it a great one!

Calories for yesterday: 1450 + :coffee:
Weigh In: 162.6 (TTOM)
Down: .8

Have a great day and start to your weekend!

Larry H
02-07-2014, 10:03 AM
Last night I must have had a major whoosh :D Every hour I woke up for the bath room. Hard to believe that with only one kidney I can produce that much liquid. :dizzy: My weigh in day is Monday and I resisted a strong urge to weigh this morning. I have a good feeling about my Monday weigh in, I hope I am not disappointed

I continue to experiment with Volumetrics. For yesterday's dinner I took 6 oz of Dreamfields Elbow pasta and added a can of Del Monte no salt added Stewed Tomatoes, a can of Giorgio no salt added mushrooms, 4 fresh jalapeno peppers chopped, Alsosalt salt substitute and pepper. A 2 cup serving calculated out to 247 calories. It tasted really good but it can be improved, The next time I make this I will add garlic powder, oregano and Italian seasonings. This had a lot of eye appeal with the white pasta, red tomatoes and green peppers. I like spicy foods and this was quite spicy mostly because I do not remove the seeds from the jalapeno peppers. The seeds have most of the heat, and I do not cook them as I like the crunch. (I use Dreamfields pasta because it only has 5g digestible carbs per serving)

I ate 3 servings (6 cups of this Volumetrics Pasta) and ended the day at 1,646 which was under my goal of 1,730 :D My sodium was especially good as my final amount was 743 grams, way under my 2,300 goal. My other meals yesterday were:

Breakfast
Sweet 'n Low - Artificial Sweetner, 1 pkt.
General Mills Cereal - Fiber One Original, 1 cup
Skim Milk (Fat Free) - Skim Milk, 3/4 cup
One Banana - Medium Size (6.5oz),

Lunch
Broiled Filet Mignon, 6.9 oz
Mashed Potatoes, Skim Milk, No Butter or Salt, 1/2 cup
Green String Beans Steamed , 1/2 cup (125g)

IanG
02-07-2014, 11:16 AM
Well, I am back on-track guys. Down 0.8lbs today to 177.4lbs.

Nice.

Calories will be about 1600 today.

Breakfast
oats 3 150 4 27
Flaxseed milk 2 19 0 1
dried apricot 0 16 0 4
honey 0 21 0 6
Coffee 3 25 0 1
Coffee 3 25 0 1
Protein shake 0 115 27 1

Lunch
quails eggs 3 42 4 0
Wild planet Canned sockeye 9 210 36 0
crab 1 120 26 0
anchovies 2 65 10 0
Honey 0 64 0 17
Tomato 0 11 1 2
Mushroom 0 2 0 0
Red onion 0 8 0 2
Kidney beans 0 18 1 3
Kimchi 0 70 7 7

Beer 0 300 0 26
Total 40 1547 150 99
Weight 177.4
Protein/weight ratio 0.84
Calories 2484 2838
Fat based on 20-30% caloric intake 34 52
20% less calories to cut 1987

Exercise: Did 50 minutes weight training before work. Will run 5k with a friend outside before lunch. Awesome.

alaskanlaughter
02-07-2014, 01:11 PM
it will be a rest day for me...I have meetings all morning...then I work all afternoon ....I don't typically go to the gym in the evenings because it's the only family time I have at home and I still have to do dinner and bedtimes...

it's COLD today, only 7 degrees this morning...it doesn't normally get this cold here...bbbrrrr

Radiojane
02-07-2014, 04:18 PM
It's about -35 here so I don't have any sympathy for you Alaskan :p

Just a quick pop in - Got back from our little vacation late last night. Very pleased to announce that I'm down another pant size. Really didn't think I was until I slid on a pair of 26's at the mall and realized how much better they fit than the baggy 28's I'd been wearing. Spent way too much on clothes I won't be able to wear very long, but I do enjoy looking good!

No work out today (I swam every day I was in the city in addition to my walking)

Calories will be about 1300 total
Steelhead trout with dill mustard
brussel sprouts
lamb roast
asparagus
kale
dark chocolate.

Have a great weekend everyone!

kelijpa
02-07-2014, 08:03 PM
Hi all, just wanted to check in
Today was my usual off-plan day, weigh in this morning 156.6 down from yesterday but up 2.2 from last week's weigh in, this week will be better.

Went for a nice snowshoe today, half with the little dog, it was hard but wonderful.

I'll check in tomorrow, hope everyone's having a great weekend.

CoolMom75
02-07-2014, 08:38 PM
A ton of snow and no snow equipment! I wish I had skis.

Today's food will be 1082 cals
Breakfast:
Egg sandwich with
English muffin
Feta
Cabbage
Coffee with milk
Cod liver oil

Lunch:
Finished off my sauteťd cabbage
Blob of cottage cheese
1/2 can of tuna

Dinner:
Lasagna with meat, spinach and all the usual stuff. I'm going to have to be careful here. I decided too late to make a spaghetti squash version for myself and now we are kinda snowed in and it's not worth a trip to the store for squash.

Diana3271
02-07-2014, 10:49 PM

Another late night. We just got home from a BBQ get together. I tried to eat in moderation while still being sociable. It's really worrisome since I normally eat my food without salt or seasonings that contain salt.

It's late, so I will catch up with everyone tomorrow.

Total Approx 1620 Calories + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (850 Calories)
BBQ chicken breast qtr. 300 calories
large serving green beans 100 calories
medium serving cabbage 50 calories
small spoon baked mac-n-cheese 100 calories
1 round slice candied sweet potato 75 calories
1 small spoon banana pudding, 1 small spoon chocolate pudding, 1 small spoon bread pudding 225 calories

Exercise:
Cardio section from TJ Punch Kick and Jam (30 minutes)
TF Fire 30
Tamilee Webb's Total Body Stretch for Beginners (standing)

laciemn
02-07-2014, 11:10 PM
Hi guys,
I clocked in at about 1450 calories and 75 carbs. I meant to eat less but I kept getting hungry this evening. So after dinner, I also ate 2 chocolate candies and a cookie. Damn my relentless sweet tooth! Besides that, today I had tuna, crackers, salad, scrambled eggs and toast.

I skipped class today and slept til 10 am. On the plus side, studied calculus for several hours. Down side, I've still got loads of other homework to do this weekend, and other stuff to do. Weekends are not even easy at all!

alaskanlaughter
02-07-2014, 11:32 PM
by the time I got home from work at 6:30 p.m. I was at 880 calories and 78 carbs...I was STARVING and we were having pizza and I ate more than I intended to....which always happens on Friday nights...I should really just make Friday night my "cheat time" or whatever because i'm normally pretty good the rest of the weekend....but by Friday night i'm exhausted and done for the week and just want to eat and relax lol....

freezing my tail off but we have a nice fire tonight....hoping to warm up :D

HuggerBunny
02-08-2014, 04:43 AM
This is what I had today. Didn't get to eat until after work.

Lunch:
-2 hard boiled eggs
-green beans

Dinner:
-leftover stir fry with pork, cabbage, and mushrooms (no rice)
-grapes
-Coconut flavored Cascade Ice (no sugar)

I've really been on a grape kick lately. They've always been one of my favorite fruits, but I also have mandarin oranges, papaya, and pears in the fridge right now and at every meal I seem to want grapes! Only one serving left in the bag though so I guess I'll have to move on to something else :)

IanG
02-08-2014, 07:27 AM
kelijpa, I just found the best canned oysters. I normally don't eat many because of the calories (Chicken of the Sea are 240 a can) but these are slightly lower (in the 160-195 calories per can range depending on the type) and are delicious. WOw.

http://ekoneoyster.com/products/smoked-oysters/

kelijpa
02-08-2014, 08:10 AM
Ian they look awesome! I'll have to give them a try!

Good morning all,

Today was the opposite of yesterday, up from yesterday but down from last week, so happy with that after Chinese, must have drank or drunk enough water...up 0.7 to 157.3

B- oatmeal, unsweet van almond milk, poached egg
L-?
D-?
S- DH is making custard, maybe that will be one of my meals...
E- plan to snowshoe once it gets up above 10!

Larry H
02-08-2014, 08:42 AM
Ian The Habanero Oysters would be great

Diana3271
02-08-2014, 09:46 AM

I can't believe I was able to sleep in! I didn't get up until 9! I must have been exhausted!

I am up a little on the scale. I actually expected more since I had to eat different from my normal meals. I am actually shocked that I am down .4 from the last couple of days, especially since I had to eat different those days. I think my weight fluctuations are mostly impacted by the angioedema.

Last night I added on: Legs up the wall yoga pose while listening to mountain streams CD for 10 minutes

I read a study on cortisol a while back. They tested the participants cortisol levels while listening to various types of music/sounds. Their cortisol levels were most improved from listening to "babbling brooks". I bought a CD that has this and have been listening to it when I get a chance. I noticed the other night how relaxed I felt after doing the legs up the wall pose in one of my yoga routines. I got to thinking that the legs up the wall pose with the cd might be a good combo. I will work that into my routine on the nights I am too tired to do anything else. Hmm, I wonder if that's why I slept so long last night. :chin: I will need to try that again soon.

Calories for yesterday: 1620 Calories + :coffee:
Weigh In: 163 (TTOM)
Up: .4

I need to go into work to do some end of the month work. I need to finish it by today.

Have a great day!

Larry H
02-08-2014, 12:53 PM
Diana The days of me getting my legs higher than my head are long gone even with a wall. :D:D:D

Diana3271
02-08-2014, 12:57 PM
Diana The days of me getting my legs higher than my head are long gone even with a wall. :D:D:D

Ha Ha So maybe I wasn't getting actually getting so relaxed that I was becoming sleepy but more like I was passing out. :rofl:

IanG
02-08-2014, 02:25 PM
Wahey, I am down 1.2lbs today to 176.2lbs. I am BACK!

Calories today will be about 1600.

Breakfast
oats 3 150 4 27
Flaxseed milk 2 19 0 1
dried apricot 0 16 0 4
honey 0 21 0 6
Coffee 3 25 0 1
Ekone lemon pepper oysters 6 165 17 12
Another coffee 3 25 0 1

Lunch
quails eggs 3 42 4 0
Bar Harbor Smoked Wild Kippers 28 350 39 0
East Point shrimp 2 100 22 0
anchovies 2 65 10 0
Honey 0 64 0 17
Tomato 0 11 1 2
Mushroom 0 2 0 0
Red onion 0 8 0 2
Kidney beans 0 18 1 3
Kimchi 0 70 7 7

Beer 0 300 0 26
Total 54 1555 124 110
Weight 176.2
Calories 2467 2819
20% less calories to cut 1973

Exercise: Did 50 minutes weight training followed by a 3.5 mile run. Then did a beer run. A six pack sure lasts me a lot longer than it used to!

WahineByTheSea
02-08-2014, 02:31 PM
Breakfast - a ton of Cheerios, milk and fruit 400 calories
Dinner - a mound of broccoli and beef stroganoff - 800 calories
Exercise - 1 hour tromping through the snow ~ 300 calories

It's so hard to get out and exercise in the winter! Everything is slipping and sliding around, and frozen fingers, and it's really not as enjoyable as it is in the late spring!

novangel
02-08-2014, 04:01 PM
Hey all. :wave: I ran errands today, now my son is having a friend over so I won't get to the gym till about 5-6pm. It closes at 7pm on weekends so I'm going to feel rushed.

I found out my favorite nail tech of 5 years quit today so now I have to find a new place to get my nails done. First world problems.

Be back later.

alaskanlaughter
02-08-2014, 06:53 PM
I got up at 7 a.m. and have been running errands until just now, 3 p.m.....all sorts of stuff to get done today and bills paid etc...one more errands left to do but it can wait until tomorrow...i'm tired, hungry, cold and my wrist bones hurt from the cold :(

coffeeshopgirl
02-08-2014, 08:00 PM
Hi! I've seen this thread a bunch of times, so I thought I'd join in too.

I've been doing pretty well the past few weeks - not eating fast food, not overeating, and exercising when I can. Weekends are always tough, but I got my shopping done today so tomorrow I can prep my meals for the week.

So far, I'm down 5 pounds since last month. Yay!!

novangel
02-08-2014, 08:55 PM
Went to the gym and ran 3 miles. Exciting Saturday night. ;)

CoolMom75
02-08-2014, 09:15 PM
Welcome Coffeeshopgirl!

Today was another good calorie day. I'm a bit obsessed with working on a sweater I'm knitting so that's keeping me busy.

Breakfast:
Egg sandwich with
English muffin
Feta
Green bell pepper
Coffee with milk

Lunch:
Lasagna

Dinner:
Lasagna
Roasted sweet potato and yukon potatoes

Total cals 1073

alaskanlaughter
02-08-2014, 09:47 PM
was starving alllll morning and finally got to eat after I was done with all my errands....it wasn't the best choices but I added everything up and i'm at 1140 calories and 142 carbs before dinner, which is chicken and onions....and i'm not hungry anymore :) I was STARVING this afternoon and craving sweets

Larry H
02-08-2014, 11:08 PM
I had a lot of food today thanks to Volumetrics. I am very full again and under my calorie goal

Breakfast
Plumrose - Deli Sliced -Lower Sodium Premium Ham -Water Added, 1 slice
Borden - Fat Free American Cheese Slice, 1 slice
Bell Pepper - Green - Raw, 25 1g
Fresh - Onion (White or Yellow) Raw, 1/2 small raw onion
Egg Large - Whole Egg, 3 egg
Sauce - Sriracha Sauce, 1/2 Tbsp

Lunch
Green Giant - Asparagus Spears Extra Long, 189 g
Calves Liver 4 oz, (113 g)
Baked Potato, Russet Type - Large, Skin and Flesh, No Salt, No Butter, 1/2 potato

Dinner
Giorgio - Canned Mushrooms - No Salt Added, 1 cup
Libby's - Naturals - Cut Green Beans No Salt - No Sugar Added, 1 3/4 Cup
Progressive - Light Beef Pot Roast, 2 cup
Joan of Arc - Light Red Kidney Beans No Salt Added, 1 1/2 cup
Sauce - Sriracha Sauce, 1 Tbsp

Snacks
Carrot - Raw, Medium Size, 2
Ambrosia - Apple, 1.5 Medium Apple 154 g
Chicken by the Sea - Pink Salmon Skinless and Boneless, 4 oz drained

TOTAL: 1,549 calories under my goal

Diana3271
02-08-2014, 11:38 PM

I went to the shop to do some work and I ran out of time for my workout. I make up for it tomorrow or Monday.

coffeeshopgirl Hi and welcome to the check-in! :welcome2:

Total Approx 1445 Calories + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (350 Calories)
Artisan Bistro Salmon Dinner 280 calories
Roasted cauliflower 70 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Chicken salad wrap 400 calories
2 orders steamed veggies 200 calories
fruit cup 100 calories

Exercise:
None

Have a great night.

HuggerBunny
02-09-2014, 02:45 AM
This is what I had today. Ended up having WAY more carbohydrate laden food than planned. The crackers and potato chip were because I was cleaning out the pantry and wanted to check if 2 separate boxes of crackers were stale, and if the bag of chips were stale. Then I lamented to my husband that I wanted cupcakes (love cupcakes), and he surprised me by bringing some home! It would have hurt his feelings if I didn't have any. They were good, too :D If I'd known about the surprise cupcakes, I definitely wouldn't have tried the crackers and chip.

Lunch:
-quesadilla made with a low carb tortilla and cheddar
-grapes

Snack:
-a serving of mixed peanuts, pistachios, and almonds

Dinner:
-Chicken Taco Salad: seasoned, cooked chicken with lettuce, radish, carrot, cabbage, avocado, olives, a little shredded cheddar, and my homemade salsa dressing

Treat:
-1 Ritz cracker
-1 saltine cracker
-1 Sriracha flavored Kettle Chip
-2 tiny (2 bite) cupcakes

Larry H
02-09-2014, 08:29 AM
My scale was kind today and gave me another 2 lb loss for this week. :D Goodbye 270's hello 269 :D:carrot::D

My scale is not digital so you will never see my weight shown with a decimal point as many on 3FC do.

Diana3271
02-09-2014, 09:37 AM
Good Morning Everyone! :wave:

Last night I added on: Legs up the wall yoga pose while listening to mountain streams CD for 10 minutes

Ha Ha I must have spoke too soon about the 2 off plan days. I am up .4 so that leaves me at a break even from those two days. TTOM is still on. The gain probably has more to do with that, though.

Calories for yesterday: 1445 + :coffee:
Weigh In: 163.4 (TTOM)
Up: .4

Have a great day!

IanG
02-09-2014, 02:21 PM
Down another 2.4lbs today to 173.8lbs! My body is adjusting nicely. I hope I can get back to the 160s. Perhaps 165 would be nice?

Calories were about 1500 today.

Breakfast
oats 3 150 4 27
Flaxseed milk 2 19 0 1
dried apricot 0 16 0 4
honey 0 21 0 6
Coffee 3 25 0 1
Coffee 3 25 0 1

Lunch
quails eggs 3 42 4 0
Skipanon Smoked sturgeon 2.8 132 24 0
Ekone original oysters 5 165 17 11
Chipotle Cod 3 171 39 0
anchovies 2 65 10 0
Honey 0 64 0 17
Tomato 0 11 1 2
Mushroom 0 2 0 0
Red onion 0 8 0 2
Kidney beans 0 18 1 3
Kimchi 0 70 7 7

Beer 0 300 0 26
Total 38 1465 121 108
Weight 173.8
Calories 2433 2781
Fat based on 20-30% caloric intake 33 49
20% less calories to cut 1947

Exercise: Did 50 minutes weight training followed by a 3.5 mile run.

CoolMom75
02-09-2014, 02:50 PM
Congrats on the new decade, Larry!

Today has been a "fast food" out of the fridge so far but I plan to make a big pot of chicken noodle for dinner.

Breakfast and lunch were a repeat of the same foods:
Roasted sweet potatoes, yukon potatoes and green bell pepper
Blob of cottage cheese
Sprinkle of feta
1 (total) coffee with milk.
Dinner:
Chicken noodle soup

Total cals should be around 1153.

Terra1984
02-09-2014, 05:25 PM
Hi Guys,

Im new to this thread. When I joined this forum I was 294 and now Im 295 from 300, I got up to 300 cause after awhile of dieting and working out I started getting lazy and I just stopped everything all together after awhile but on Jan. 16th of this year I started working out and dieting again and I've lost 5 pounds so far. I was always skinny as a kid, I didnt start gaining weight until after high school, While I was in high school I maintained a 120 pound weight all 4 years, Since I didnt have P.E.to do after high school to keep me in shape I just started eating fast food alot and I wasnt in sports prior to high school so I didnt have that to fall back on either so I just didnt know what to do when I graduated high school in 2003 so I just didnt do anything and thats how the weight started piling on. I started gaining weight from May of 2003 until Jan. 16th this year, So it took me 11 years to get to 300 pounds and I know its gonna probably be just as long to get to my goal weight of 150, I know it didnt come on fast and I know its not gonna come off fast. Anyway I look forward to getting to know all of you.

roadbikerchick
02-09-2014, 05:41 PM
Hi everyone!

Scale was down to 154.4 yesterday, and up to 155.6 this morning. Oh well. I was feeling extra hungry yesterday, and I ate about 2275 calories yesterday. I'm okay with that, because the bike training is extra tough these days. I hope to stay below 2000 calories today. No exercise today - today is a much needed rest day.

Larry: Congrats on the 2 pound loss

IanG: Iím so glad that things are going the right way for you. Sounds like youíre really losing a lot now!

Radiojane: Down a pant size Ė congratulations!

Laciemn: you still stayed under 1500 calories Ėthatís till really good!

Diana: the brook sounds with yoga sounds so relaxing, hope that keeps on working for you!

WahinebytheSea: the snow here is thigh high in our front yard. My exercise is all indoors this time of year.

Coffeeshopgirl: Iím like you, lost five pounds since January. Welcome , and the best in your weight loss efforts.

Best, everyone!

kelijpa
02-09-2014, 06:07 PM
Welcome Terra wishing you the best, sounds like you're off to a good start, keep positive and understand there'll be ups and downs, but overall downward trend in weight and increased health is our ultimate goal, no matter how long it takes.

:congrat: Larry and Ian, you guys are doing well with changing things up, Larry you have me thinking about green beans again, I have some frozen ones from the garden, need to eat up those bad boys :lol: and Ian you're a testament to keeping an open mind and not being afraid to change things up.

I had a typical weekend, up a few, low cal today, pizza and chocolate last night, big difference between this week and last is the free for all brought on by the superbowl.

I did have a weird little time yesterday, got into an almost bingey frame of mind, ate some stick pepperoni, then some white baking chocolate, 2 squares, it was like I thought this is my treat day and I'm not going to get a treat, so I thought it was a sweet tooth, so I ate an orange, then made myself go outside and ended up snowshoeing for an hour and fifteen, I knew my rational mind wasn't involved at all, then we ended up going out for pizza and stopped for a chocolate bar, so I got my normal treat, not sure what happened there, but not surprising that there's still an irrational element to my eating behavior at times...anyway, feeling better and more normal today.

Hope everyone had a great weekend, DH and I are watching "it's a mad, mad, mad world" haven't seen it in years :D

HuggerBunny
02-09-2014, 06:25 PM
Terra: Welcome to the thread! And John: Larry: Awesome job with getting down to a new 10s on the scale, it feels good, doesn't it? Ian: I'm glad you're not seeing gains anymore!

Larry H
02-09-2014, 07:24 PM
Terra1984 We already know each other from another thread on 3FC. Welcome to this thread :welcome3: This is the very first thread I joined when I started my journey on 3FC. I am still here as I have received awesome support from the Chicks and Roosters who reside here and I am sure that you will also.

novangel
02-09-2014, 08:05 PM
Ian, the scale is suddenly dropping for you which is great. I'm assuming the beer is eliminating the water weight? Guess I have an excuse to start drinking again. :carrot:

IanG
02-09-2014, 08:20 PM
Thanks novangel. I am not sure it is the beer as I am drinking a lot less than I used to. I just think my body is adapting to the new regime.

But I hope the losses keep coming!

Diana3271
02-09-2014, 09:10 PM

Huggerbunny The taco salad sounds fab!

Larry Congrats on the 260's! :carrot:

Ian Keep up the great work and keep working it! :bravo:

CoolMom Love the homemade chicken noodle soup! :drool:

Terra Hi and welcome to the check-in! :welcome2:

Roadbikerchick Enjoy the rest day! Do you listen to music or watch TV while you bike?

Kelijpa Good job getting those thoughts under control. I don't know why that stuff happens. It's like that little devil on your shoulder. :D

Novangel Hi :wave:

Diana3271
02-09-2014, 09:21 PM
Total Approx 1195 Calories + :coffee: My calories are on the low side but I had a couple higher days this week.

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (550 Calories)
Chicken salad sandwich on pumpernickel 500 calories (their website said one thing but the actual restaurant employee said something different. I posted calories between the two)
fruit cup 50 calories

Dinner (250 Calories)
dark chocolate 100 calories
flat bread w/ hummus 150 calories

Exercise
2 mile mall walk

Larry H
02-09-2014, 09:57 PM
Under my Goal again today. Ended with 1,554 Calories. My new goal adjusted today for my weight loss is 1,700 Calories :D:D

Breakfast and dinner were on the Volumetric plan, Lunch was definitely not.

Breakfast
Borden - Fat Free American Cheese Slice, 1 slice
Bell Pepper - Green - Raw, 25 g
Fresh - Onion (White or Yellow) Raw, 0.5 small raw onion
Whole Egg, 3 egg (large - 50g)
Sriracha Sauce, 0.5 Tbsp
Fresh Jalapeno, Raw, 2

Lunch
Roberta's Spaghetti, 1.5 serving 845 calories

Dinner
Delmonte - Stewed Tomatoes No Salt, 3 1/2 cup

Snacks
Great Value - 100% Orange Juice Frozen Concentrated, 8 oz

Terra1984
02-09-2014, 10:57 PM
kelijpa,HuggerBunny,Larry,Diana ~ Thanks for the welcome

alaskanlaughter
02-09-2014, 10:59 PM
im trying an idea of just transitioning to counting carbs rather than counting calories AND carbs....i'm at 42 carbs for the day....I had a sugar free mocha, a sausage, onions and a little cheese, a low sugar protein bar and 2 spoonfuls of peanut butter....and i'm so freaking HUNGRY!!...I know dinner is cooking but omg I feel so hungry that it feels like i'm going to throw up :( this happens when I get stomach-hungry instead of head-hungry....

I had a good weight workout this morning although I woke up with a weird twinge in my neck/shoulder that still hasn't cleared up...makes it hard to turn my head to the left....I took little son and his friend to The Lego Movie and let them go in by themselves to watch it :) I stayed in the building and read a book...they were very proud to go by themselves lol cute

kelijpa
02-10-2014, 05:40 AM
Good morning all, the whoosh fairy stopped by, back down to 154.9, and my regular routine.

B- oatmeal, unsweetened van almond milk, poached egg
L- spring mix, Italian, southwest yogurt dressing, salsa, salmon
S- orange, banana
D- ? I think fish and veg
E- walk at work, bike and I think some snow shoveling another inch or so last night :(

Hope everyone has a wonderful day :sunny:

Diana3271
02-10-2014, 07:37 AM

Last night I added on: Short Rest from AM PM Yoga for Beginners

Calories for yesterday: 1195 + :coffee:
Weigh In: 163.4
No Change

Have a great day!

Radiojane
02-10-2014, 12:50 PM
Good morning!

It's been a very social weekend here on Radio mountain, so I'm not quite back on track from my trip. Hoping today will be my first fully on plan day!

Calories for yesterday were 1300 + alcohol.
Short walk with the dog.

My tracker is acting up so I'll have more exact totals tomorrow.

IanG
02-10-2014, 01:13 PM
Up 0.4lbs today to 174.2lbs.

Calories will be about 1600 on account of mackeral.

Breakfast
oats 3 150 4 27
Flaxseed milk 2 19 0 1
dried apricot 0 16 0 4
honey 0 21 0 6
Coffee 3 25 0 1
Ekone teriyake oysters 6 180 11 20
Coffee 3 25 0 1
Protein shake 0 115 27 1
Lunch
quails eggs 3 42 4 0
Medium can of mackeral 21 411 62 0
Wild planet shrimp 2 80 16 0
anchovies 2 65 10 0
Mango Coconut Pepper Sauce 1 40 0 8
Tomato 0 11 1 2
Mushroom 0 2 0 0
Red onion 0 8 0 2
Kidney beans 0 18 1 3
Kimchi 0 70 7 7

Beer 0 300 0 26
Total 45 1597 143 109
Weight 174.2
Protein/weight ratio 0.82
Calories 2439 2787
Fat based on 20-30% caloric intake 35 53
20% less calories to cut 1951

Exercise: Did 50 minutes of weight training before work. Ran 3.5 miles before lunch.

Syckgirlsfv
02-10-2014, 02:28 PM
:wave: morning all!

I've been busy with school and stuff...I've got two midterms this week. Doing ok with food, though last night we took advantage of a free pizza from Papa John's and ate it while watching The Walking Dead mid-season premier! I only had two pieces, though.

today:
B - 0% greek yogurt/honey/15 almonds/pumpkin pie spice
L - salad: romaine, energy nut mix, deli sliced turkey, Bolthouse Farms balsamic vinaigrette.
S - didn't bring one
D - ravioli stuffed with artichoke/cheese and maybe zoodles, along with probably pork chops. mmmmmmmm!
WINE!

probably do some dumbbell curls for biceps at home tonight - did push ups last night with those push up bars - 8 sets of 10. :lifter:

alaskanlaughter
02-10-2014, 04:22 PM
looking down the stretch at another busy week! took the older kids to get some important paperwork done this morning...went to the gym earlier than usual and had a good workout...now i'm back at work for the rest of the day...and i dont even have anything to get done tonight :D

BCL216
02-10-2014, 04:49 PM
I have started a weight loss program over and over again. Today I went back to the Dash Diet and so far I am doing ok. I know to make a true life style change that it will take small steps to changing the way I think about food and exercise. I will need to:
Keep a food journal
change one bad habit per week
Except when I slip up and forgive myself and get back on track.
Today I have eaten:
Breakfast:
2 boiled eggs
2 turkey sausage patties
1 8 oz. Spicy V-8 tomato juice
Snack:
1 laughing cow string cheese & 10 pecans

Lunch
Turkey burger on Nature's Own whole wheat round
1 slice of tomato, lettuce, onion mustard and 1/2 tsp. catsup
1 cup of sweet potato fries
16oz. water

Dinner
Salad with fresh chopped extra lean turkey
tomatoes, carrots, 1/4cup cheddar cheese
low calorie dressing

16oz. water

My slipup: peanut butter cup( out of habit picked it up and ate it) then thought "What am doing?"

Still over all I did much better than usual tomorrow will be even better.:dizzy:

Diana3271
02-10-2014, 09:36 PM

We are suppose to get some more Winter weather in our area. Starting tonight we are under a Winter storm watch/warning. This is crazy for us.

I need to rant, just ignore me. ;)

I am truly amazed that I haven't lost much of the weight I gained during the holidays. I probably shouldn't have eaten off plan at all since I knew my thyroid/meds were not right. Sometimes it really gets me down because I am staying on plan (except for the days I post differently) and exercising. But I know that I have I have to continue the fight. If I didn't, how bad would my gain be? There is a new Beach Body program coming out. I know of some people who have gotten the program. In the program booklet it shows you how to figure how many calories you should be eating to lose weight. I think it said your weight (164) X 11 + 400 = 2204. If I understand that correct, I should eat 2204 in order to lose weight. I was losing weight before on more calories than I am eating now. It is crazy, for sure. :dunno: Hopefully things will turnaround sometime.

Larry Good job on your day!

Alaskanlaughter I hope you can have a nice relaxing evening.

Kelijpa Congrats on the whoosh! :carrot:

Radiojane Hi :wave:

Ian I haven't looked it up, but does mackeral have more calories than what you normally eat? Is it higher in fat?

Syckgirlsfv You are making good use of your new kitchen tool! (zoodles) Does your DH eat them, too?

BCL216 Hi and welcome to the check-in! :welcome2:

Diana3271
02-10-2014, 09:39 PM

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (600 Calories)
Grilled Salmon 400 calories
2 orders sauteed snow peas 200 calories

Exercise:
TF Fire 30
KCM's 30 MTF Start Here Lower Body Minimizer w/10's
Regular Cardio from TJ Cardio Party Mix 3

CoolMom75
02-10-2014, 10:53 PM
Diana, rant away. I'm feeling the same frustration with being so strict and making such slow progress. Not how it used to be!

Today was more of the chicken noodle soup x 2.
A homemade blended coffee

Total cals show 944 which I find hard to believe. The soup is so hearty!

novangel
02-10-2014, 10:58 PM
We all get frustrated from time to time, Diana. This journey is an everyday thing (consuming) and when the scale isn't cooperating in favor of all our hard work it's maddening.

3 miles today. :carrot:

alaskanlaughter
02-11-2014, 12:59 AM
Diana I did the math on that formula to lose weight and I gave myself a weight of 190 because I hover between 185-190something and it gave me just under 3000 calories a day to lose weight...what??!? that makes NO sense...I can barely maintain with eating 1500 calories :(

I kept carbs to 126 plus a tiny bowl of spaghetti today....been running around all day and all evening and just now sitting down for the night

HuggerBunny
02-11-2014, 04:18 AM
Diana, you've lose so much weight- you're doing an awesome job! I know it's frustrating and tiring to be working so hard and not see results, but like you said, imagine the position you'd be in if you were just eating whatever.

This is what I had today.

Brunch:
-2 T peanut butter spread on a toasted low carb tortilla (this is the first time I tried this, it was so good!)
-2 very small clementine oranges
-6 oz mug of hot chocolate made with low sugar Nesquik

Snack:
-small white chocolate raspberry mocha (we use to always get something from the coffee shop when our laundry was in the machines at the laundromat. I've skipped my treat for every laundromat run over the past 3 months, this time I got something! It was so good and I really needed the caffeine.)

Dinner:
-crustless spinach and cheese quiche
-plain acorn squash

kelijpa
02-11-2014, 05:39 AM
Good morning all, 156.4, still down from last week, light day today, so should work out for the week.

Diana we all need to rant sometimes, better out than in! It's a hard time of year, between the post holiday trying to get back to our healthy normal and this brutal end of winter, hoping it's the end anyway...we're not getting snow but the temps dropped again, high in the teens today, not RadioJane cold, but definitely colder than we're used to. Sad when 30 degrees is looking warm :lol:

B- oatmeal, unsweet van almond milk, poached egg
L- spring mix, Italian, southwest yogurt, salsa, salmon
S- orange, apple
D- juice or salad
E- walk, exercise bike

Hope everyone has a great day!
:sunny:

Diana3271
02-11-2014, 07:12 AM

Thank you very much for the support. :grouphug: I know I have to keep plugging along since that's what works. I also know that the thyroid issue is a huge factor for me. Of course stress wreaks havoc on my thyroid situation. A vicious cycle. I have made progress this year since coming back from the Christmas holidays. Some days are more frustrating than others. I think my TTOM hormones probably peaked yesterday. :rofl: It looks like TTOM is getting ready to stop. Hopefully if it does stop it won't start right back up in a couple of days like it did last month. Again, thank you for all the support.

Last night I added on: Yoga Now's 10 Minute PM De-Stressor w/Rodney Yee

Weigh In: 163.2 (TTOM)
Down: .2

Have a great day!

roadbikerchick
02-11-2014, 07:43 AM
Good morning, everyone! :coffee:

I was writing my post last night, and fell asleep before I got it posted. :D

Kelijpa: congratulations on the whoosh! :carrot:

Larry: youíve gotten me interested in Volumetrics. I plan to pick it up from the library today.

Radiojane: I hope you were able to stay on plan.

Alaskanlaughter: hope the carb counting works for you. By the way, you have such a busy schedule, I donít know how you do keep up!

Diana: It must be so hard, keeping to your plan and still the weight doesnít do what you want it to. You do such a good job staying on track. I admire that. Keep up the excellent work. It has to pay off sometime! :hug: You had asked earlier about I watch while working out. I watch cycling videos, like Tour de France or something, on youtube, or I watch workout videos specifically geared to cyclists working out indoors.

BCL216: :welcome3:

The scale has been at 155 even yesterday and today. I ate about 2000 calories yesterday, and worked out to the tune of 420 calories.

Today is supposed to be a rest day as far as my exercise plan goes. tomorrow's workout is brutal - 90 minutes of various intervals. Yikes! My plan is to try to keep the calories down to about 1800 or so today. I know that's so much more than many of you eat, and it must be hard. I'm losing weight very slowly, and part of that is because I can't stand the way I feel when I cut my calories back lower. I get dizzy and headachy and nauseous. I really respect all of you who eat far less, and stick with it day after day. Kudos!

Anyhow, I'll check in later. Best to all!

Radiojane
02-11-2014, 10:38 AM
LOL at "Radiojane Cold". Heck freezes over where I am!

Fasting today. I did one a few weeks ago, and I'd like to IF once or twice a week, so calories will be at 0 until around 8 or 9 pm tonight. The weather has warmed up quite nicely, so I'll take the dog for a walk. I will be house/dog sitting for two weeks shortly, and that dog is much more active than mine, so Toby and I need a warm up!

I'm holding on to about 6 pounds of water from my travels and recent meals. Hoping that I can have that gone by next week (when I'll start gaining via PMS anyways).

The never ending circular battle continues!

Syckgirlsfv
02-11-2014, 02:03 PM
morning! busy morning for me...reconciling the petty cash and counting out the safe. Didn't eat until a few minutes ago. The weather here is nuts! We had a couple days of 60's weather, one day of rain, and today it's going to be 81! :sunny::sunny::sunny: In fact all week it's going to be in the 80's through Sunday. It's freaking February! We have had almost NO winter at all this year!

Diana YES! I love that spiralizer! I make zoodles all the time - they're so yummy in spirals sauteed in coconut oil and they go with everything! You and I are in the same annoying boat with the gain...I still have 6 pounds hanging around and they are really attached to me, it appears. :devil: And I've been really good, too. It will go away eventually, right?!?!? It just isn't as easy to lose weight like it was when I was in my 30's :(

Got my classes this morning for spring quarter - MGMT 307, ACCT 310, and I signed up for the mandatory WPE, which is a writing proficiency exam. I am a fantastic writer, so that won't even require any prep! But the one class I really needed, the second half to a class I'm in now, is full. WHAT? It's intermediate accounting, and I had no trouble getting in this quarter, and now it's FULL? That doesn't even make any sense, unless the people who showed up the first night to add the first half had earlier registration appointments than me. Oh well, same professor and he let 15 extra people in the class the first night so I'm sure he'll do it again. I just have to show up the first night and ask him to add me.

MENU:
B - 0% Greek yogurt/honey/16 almonds/pumpkin pie spice
L - Salad: romaine, energy nut mix, packet of white tuna, Bolthouse Farms balsamic vinaigrette.
D - got school so I'm having the 2 leftover pieces of pizza from Sunday.
WINE at bedtime :cheers:

IanG
02-11-2014, 04:07 PM
Thanks Diana. Yes, mackeral is quite a fatty fish and comes in larger portions so I need to watch the calories.

It's my gain day so up 2.2lbs to 176.4lbs.

Calories will be about 1500 today.

Breakfast
oats 3 150 4 27
Flaxseed milk 2 19 0 1
dried apricot 0 16 0 4
honey 0 21 0 6
Coffee 3 25 0 1
Coffee 3 25 0 1
Protein shake 0 115 27 1

Lunch
quails eggs 3 42 4 0
Cockles 1 50 8 4
anchovies 2 65 10 0
Honey 0 64 0 17
Tomato 0 11 1 2
Mushroom 0 2 0 0
Red onion 0 8 0 2
Kidney beans 0 18 1 3
Kimchi 0 70 7 7

Beer 0 300 0 26
Total 44 1502 125 103
Weight 176.4
Protein/weight ratio 0.71
Calories 2470 2822
Fat based on 20-30% caloric intake 33 50
20% less calories to cut 1976

Exercise: Did 1 hour boxign before work. Ran 3.5 miles before lunch.

Lots of snow coming on Thursday so I doubt I will be able to get a workout in then.

I also just heard that I will be traveling for work in a few weeks to Thailand, Myanmar, Turkey and Belgium. So it will be back on a big seafood diet. I doubt I will be able to count calories.

Diana3271
02-11-2014, 09:23 PM

CoolMom Hang in there. We can make it work.

Novangel Good job on the 3 miles! :carrot:

Alaskanlaughter Ha Ha They must be calculating for people with a perfect metabolism. :D

Huggerbunny Good job on your day. I'm glad you were able to work in the raspberry mocha.

Kelijpa Congrats on the scale! Our weather isn't like yours but I am still tired of it. :lol: We are suppose to have Winter weather tonight and tomorrow. Hopefully it won't be like we had it a couple of weeks ago.

Roadbikerchick Do you have any of these DVD's? http://www.collagevideo.com/exercise-videos/stationary-bike-exercise-videos-122

Radiojane How did it go with IF today? Good luck with the dog sitting. Sounds exciting. Will Toby stay there too?

Syckgirlsfv I hope you are able to get into your class. When does this class start?

Ian The traveling sounds exciting. You have done very well in the past, so I know you will do well this time. Have you traveled to all of those areas before? Are you excited about one particular country?

Diana3271
02-11-2014, 09:28 PM

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (600 Calories)
Grilled Salmon 400 calories
Okra and tomatoes 100 calories
collard greens 100 calories

Exercise
TJ Cardio Party Mix 1 w/weighted gloves
KCM'S 30 MTF Start Here Cardio Sculpt and Upper Body Weights w/8's & 10's

Larry H
02-11-2014, 11:19 PM
I needed a pedometer today, I am sure it would have been a high number.

I spent all day preparing and cooking an Italian Dinner fundraiser for the Shriners. Home made lasagna, homemade spaghetti marinara and meat sauce for 40 people. As a result I was too busy to eat Breakfast or Lunch. For some reason I was not hungry at Dinner but common sense told me I should eat. So I joined my DW for a small spaghetti while she ate lasagna. I got rave reviews on the food by the way. I never tasted the lasagna but my customers said it and the spaghetti was outstanding.

When I got home my days calories were only 563 so I fixed a volumetrics meal. Progresso light chicken dumpling soup to which I added two cans of no salt added green beans. Then I ate a medium Granny Smith Apple.

Total calories or the day only 943 :D:carrot::D

Larry H
02-11-2014, 11:25 PM
Larry: youíve gotten me interested in Volumetrics. I plan to pick it up from the library today.

I have started a thread on Volumetrics. You are welcome to join us at:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-diet-plans-questions/292426-volumetrics-followers.html

We are a small group but we are growing

kelijpa
02-12-2014, 07:16 AM
Diana I saw on the news! Hope you don't get slammed!

Had a good OP day yesterday, no snacks, extra 30 mins on the bike, 154.8 so back to pre-Super Bowl weight...

Hope everyone has a great day will check in and log food later, need to get my hiney in gear :sunny:

Diana3271
02-12-2014, 07:21 AM

Last night I added on: one of the Lunar sections from Shiva Rea's Yoga in Greece

It looks like we might be iced in for a couple of days. We only have one bridge open in our area. Traffic will be a nightmare for sure.

Weigh In: 163.2 (TTOM)
No Change

Enjoy your day.

Rasagolla
02-12-2014, 10:42 AM
Diana, Thank you for the encouragement. I am trying to so hard to get back on. Work is killing me and my knees are shot so it is really hard to stick to anything. This forum is so helpful and most times I have been lurking around drawing inspiration from everyone else's stories.

Larry I read your post and planning on using my pedometer today!:) Kelijpa and Novangel congratulations!

Hang in there coolmom. I was there last year with why I am not losing any weight despite being strict and I let go and gained 5 pounds back:D

So I am back trying to do the best I can this time. We will all do it together. Trying to get into an exercise class today for an hour. Will keep you posted. Should I try sticking to a 1500 calorie diet? I can do it on days that I don't teach. The days I teach I get really hungry and load up on calories. Any thoughts? The issue with 1500 calorie is the minute I stop watching I get all my weight back....

Radiojane
02-12-2014, 10:45 AM
Diana I can't imagine coping with weather like that when it's so out of the norm! Good luck! I think I will probably leave Toby at home and bring him out for walks with the other one, but I haven't decided yet. The problem I'm facing is that Toby is crate trained and is in fact happier and less destructive when alone and in a kennel, and Luna is used to being free in the house all day. So when I'm at work, having them in the same house may be a challenge. I'm also not sure I want to spend every night for two weeks there, so I may end up bringing Luna to our place and just checking the house daily.

Fasting went well, although I ended it a little early because the sugar I'd consumed the day before was giving me hunger pangs I don't get while fasting on plan. 5 pounds of water weight down. Unfortunately still have 5 to go. I'm getting tired of being stuck at 373!

IanG
02-12-2014, 11:16 AM
Thanks Diana. I am looking forward to Thailand. The hotel and seafood look great.

http://www.mandarinoriental.com/bangkok/?kw=bangkok-oriental&htl=MOBKK&eng=Google&src=PPC&lid=1&mkwid=sQEwN7ea1&pcrid=39008407055&kwd=bangkok%20oriental&pmt=e

Down 1.6lbs today to 174.8lbs. I like being under 175. Calories today will be about 1600.

Breakfast
oats 3 150 4 27
Flaxseed milk 2 19 0 1
dried apricot 0 16 0 4
honey 0 21 0 6
Coffee 3 25 0 1
Wild Planet Sardines 5 183 33 0
Coffee 3 25 0 1
Protein shake 0 115 27 1

Lunch
quails eggs 3 42 4 0
Albacore tuna 20 400 56 0
Millers jumbo lump crab 1 120 26 0
anchovies 2 65 10 0
Honey 0 64 0 17
Tomato 0 11 1 2
Mushroom 0 2 0 0
Red onion 0 8 0 2
Kidney beans 0 18 1 3
Kimchi 0 70 7 7

Beer 0 300 0 26
Total 41 1653 169 99
Weight 174.8
Protein/weight ratio 0.97
Calories 2447 2797
Fat based on 20-30% caloric intake 37 55
20% less calories to cut 1958

Exercise: Did 50 minutes weight training before work. Will run 3.5 miles before lunch.

I am expecting a snow day tomorrow so I will elect that as a rest day. I think I need one. My workouts today felt hard to do.

Syckgirlsfv
02-12-2014, 12:05 PM
another day of 80 degree weather...this is nuts! :D:D:D Diana spring quarter starts April 1st - I have 4 weeks left of winter quarter and there is one week in between the two. :tired:

last night's midterm was stupid easy! Tomorrow is my accounting midterm...that won't be. And then Saturday is my CIS midterm. OYE!

Came home and was super hungry last night! I had some triscuits with deli turkey slices...and a couple bites of Ben and Jerry's S'mores ice cream. And the scale was down a pound this morning...go figure! My biceps are legendarily sore today - I'm really loving having weights at home now :strong: it's so nice to be able to just decide to lift and not have to gear up, get in my truck, and drive to the gym. THEN find parking, walk across the street, only to find that it's so crowded I can't get the machines and weights I want. :dizzy::dizzy::dizzy:

TODAY:
B - my homemade chili (ground turkey, kidney beans, tomato sauce, rotel, garlic, chili powder, cumin, paprika, cayenne pepper, parsley, basil, thyme, etc...etc...etc...oh and ortega chilies!)
L - salad: romaine, energy nut mix, 2 hard boiled eggs, BH farms Vinaigrette.
D - Omaha chicken breast stuffed with mushrooms, cauliflower, maybe baked potato.
WINE at bedtime :cheers:

tonight is legs at home - 6 sets of squats (to failure) in a 10 to 12 minute time frame. :kickbutt:

alaskanlaughter
02-12-2014, 01:58 PM
it's 0 here today....see my post in general chatter about being extremely cold all the time :( ive already worked and done other stuff today and its only 10 a.m....i'm back at work all day until 6 p.m. because i have interviews this morning...i do the bulk of the hiring process for the program...i brought some instant coffee to keep me warm...sooo cold today :(

laciemn
02-12-2014, 07:02 PM
Still maintaining at around 160 here. I don't really have the motivation to put into dieting at the moment, so I'm just going to maintain for a little while until I feel better about it.

Today, I had rice & black beans with pepperjack cheese, 2 sausage patties and a small serving of broiled fries, a hershey's bar, and for dinner: salmon, rice with ginger dressing, spinach, peppers, onions and one half an avocado.

Really don't know about the calories here. I'm guessing around 1500, but it could very well be a couple hundred more.

Edit: I'm really thinking of going very low cal tomorrow, and possible Friday and Saturday. I'm pretty much out of all the stuff I've been snacking on (no cookies, chips, crackers, punch, bread or anything) and we've got 5 inches of snow, expected to rain and sleet tonight, followed by more snow. Basically, all I will have to eat until I shop is 1 piece of salmon, a can of tuna, and a couple servings of beans and maybe 1-2 servings of rice. The weather is quite severe for NC. All the classes and businesses are closing. Since I won't be out, and I don't have any unhealthy food, I really have no choice but to be good!

laciemn
02-12-2014, 07:11 PM

We are suppose to get some more Winter weather in our area. Starting tonight we are under a Winter storm watch/warning. This is crazy for us.

I need to rant, just ignore me. ;)

I am truly amazed that I haven't lost much of the weight I gained during the holidays. I probably shouldn't have eaten off plan at all since I knew my thyroid/meds were not right. Sometimes it really gets me down because I am staying on plan (except for the days I post differently) and exercising. But I know that I have I have to continue the fight. If I didn't, how bad would my gain be? There is a new Beach Body program coming out. I know of some people who have gotten the program. In the program booklet it shows you how to figure how many calories you should be eating to lose weight. I think it said your weight (164) X 11 + 400 = 2204. If I understand that correct, I should eat 2204 in order to lose weight. I was losing weight before on more calories than I am eating now. It is crazy, for sure. :dunno: Hopefully things will turnaround sometime.

Larry Good job on your day!

Alaskanlaughter I hope you can have a nice relaxing evening.

Kelijpa Congrats on the whoosh! :carrot:

Radiojane Hi :wave:

Ian I haven't looked it up, but does mackeral have more calories than what you normally eat? Is it higher in fat?

Syckgirlsfv You are making good use of your new kitchen tool! (zoodles) Does your DH eat them, too?

BCL216 Hi and welcome to the check-in! :welcome2:

Diana, I feel you. I have a slow metabolism due to having muscular dystrophy and having lost about 30 lbs due to muscle loss. It really makes it hard! Just focus on being healthy, not gaining, and getting more fit. Eventually, you will lose weight!

kelijpa
02-12-2014, 09:39 PM
Hello all,
Had a good day today, took off from the exercises,first day off in awhile.
B- oatmeal, unsweet can almond milk, poached egg
L- romaine, carrot, Italian, Bolthouse Caesar, grape tomatoes, salmon
S- orange, apple, 2 bob's sweet stripes
D- southwest grilled chicken wrap, irishcream/honey whiskey
E- walk at work, 32 minutes

Spring's coming!

Diana3271
02-12-2014, 09:43 PM

We made it into work today. The power was off at the shop for a short period of time. DH took out the new heaters he ordered and put one in the office so I could stay warm. The power has stayed on at home. I'm so glad about that. Hopefully things will clear up tomorrow. The early AM is suppose to be tricky.

Larry Good job staying busy and moving yesterday.

Kelijpa Good job on the scale and getting back down.

Rasagolla Hang in there. Just take it one day or one hour at a time. Whatever it takes. Try the 1500 calories and see how it goes. Tweak things as you go along. Just keep trying.

Radiojane I can see how bringing the other dog into your home would be best. You can just check on the house when you need to. Good job on the IF.

Ian That hotel looks wonderful! It looks like Lord Jim's can handle your seafood diet! Good job on the 1.6 pounds!

Syckgirlsfv Good job on the exam and the pound! :carrot:

Alaskanlaughter When will it start warming up in your area? I could not handle those temps. We have had crazy temp swings here. One day the high is almost 80 and the next is 30. Crazy!

Laciemn Good job maintaining right now. Sometimes that's the best we can do, right. It's better to maintain than gain. I guess our weather is headed your way. Stay safe and warm.

Diana3271
02-12-2014, 09:45 PM

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (600 Calories)
Grilled chicken 400 calories
2 orders steamed veggies 200 calories

Exercise:
6 rounds (60 minutes) from Patrick Goudeau/Heather Corndorf's Kickbox Burn

alaskanlaughter
02-12-2014, 11:00 PM
Diana it's slowly warming up...it's in the teens tonight and starting to snow...the humidity here on the coast makes the low temps feel MUCH colder :(

lately I've been starting the day with good intentions and then my eating goes downhill from there.....I think it's from the cold, eating to get or stay warm, wanting carbs more etc...today was valentine's celebrations at school and I ate far too much sweets, had 3 corndogs which NEVER sit well, and too much coffee :(

CoolMom75
02-13-2014, 02:23 AM
Looks like the cold is making its way to almost everyone. We had a few snowed in days but it's all gone now.

Breakfast:
Egg, english muffin sandwich with goat cheese and bacon.
Coffee with milk

Lunch:
Bean burrito

Dinner:
A new recipe for a clam soup. It was so darn good and low calorie! Too bad the sourdough bread on the side was not low calorie.

Total cals 1622

Hubs and I signed up at a gym yesterday and tonight was our first time attempting a workout there. Its been a while! In the past I've always stuck with cardio and classes. This time I want to focus on weights. I felt very wimpy and disoriented but hopefully with a better plan and a checklist I can get a routine going.

kelijpa
02-13-2014, 05:31 AM
Good morning all, up a couple points to 155.1, on track for a good weigh in tomorrow. Snow has started, not sure if I'm going in or not, w're on the edge but still calling for 1-4 and it's 10 right now. Going to have my oatmeal and see how thing look in a half hour or so.

Basically same plan as yesterday except today no wrap and will do exercises.

Stay safe and warm everyone! :sunny:

roadbikerchick
02-13-2014, 06:48 AM
Good morning everyone! :coffee:

I havenít posted for a couple of days. I keep falling asleep early while watching the Olympics. ;)

Diana: thanks for the link. Iíve never heard of that company before. By the way, have you gotten iced in? The weather has been so freaky this year! Hope youíve kept safe and warm.

Larry: thanks for the link to the volumetrics thread. Iíve gotten the book, and Iíve just started reading it. I needed something different because I find I get sooo hungry at times. I actually eat sort of volumetrics style already Ė large amounts of fruits and veggies everyday Ė but Iím sure thereís more I can do.

Radiojane: Wishing you all the best in breaking 373! Just stick with it.

Laciemn: Hope you didnít get hit too hard by the weather. Iím so sorry to hear about your illness. Iím wishing you the best health possible, and lots of courage. :hug:

I tried to stay below 1800 calories on Tuesday, but I just couldnít do it. I didnít exercise that day, but still ate 2050 calories. Then yesterday I did a super hard workout that burned nearly 500 calories, and I ate only 1715 calories. Go figure. The scale is staying in the 154ís. Hereís hoping it goes lower soon. Iím going to start experimenting with Volumetrics, and see if that helps me feel satisfied on fewer calories.

Have a good day, everyone!

noshoes
02-13-2014, 07:18 AM
92kg
Vegan for 2 weeks.

Diana3271
02-13-2014, 08:07 AM

David Griffin Hi and Welcome to the check-in! :welcome2:

We are getting a late start this morning since it was suppose to get a little worse over night. It appears that we didn't get the worse of it. There were a couple different models the weather people were talking about. Yesterday looked worse than it does this morning.

Last night I added on: Breathing Exercises to Calm the Mind from Yoga for Stress Relief

Weigh In: 162.4
Down: .8

Have a great day!

Syckgirlsfv
02-13-2014, 11:32 AM
hi everyone!:wave: I'm feeling very blessed to be having such great weather! I'm sorry for everyone who is dealing with cold temps...I hate the cold. I am not too fond of the heat, either. Being from a beach city here in So Cal, I'm super spoiled and picky about the weather...living in the SFV (San Fernando Valley, Los Angeles County) for the past 20 years I still haven't gotten used to the summer heats of 90+. :dizzy::dizzy:

Today is going to be 82 :sunny::beach:

Ok, on the menu today:

B - blueberry Greek yogurt
L - salad: romaine, slice of deli turkey, 1 hard boiled egg, energy nut mix, honey mustard BH Farms
D - turkey or salmon patty with sauteed zoodles and lite Jarlsberg on top ;) May need a baked potato, too, to keep full and focused for my accounting midterm :write:

Radiojane
02-13-2014, 11:59 AM
Down another pound of water. I'm eating too much cheese again and I need to curb it.

Yesterday calories in:1230
Pork roast
curry sauce
broccoli
kale slaw
feta cheese
onion
aged cheddar

Larry H
02-13-2014, 12:31 PM
Yesterday's food

Breakfast was 1 cup (two servings) of Fiber One cereal with 3/4 cup skim milk and a packet of Sweet N Low.

Lunch was a medium Granny Smith Apple

Afternoon Snack was one more medium Granny Smith Apple

Dinner, I had a huge Volumetrics style serving of pasta. 8 oz dry Dreamfields elbows (that is four servings) to which I added a can of no salt added stewed tomatoes and chopped green bell pepper. I spiced it with Garlic powder, Oregano, Italian seasoning and Sirarcha hot sauce. It was delicious and very filling. My nutrition for the day:

Calories 1,213 Goal 1,700 :D
Carbs 295g Goal 213g :)
Fat 6g Goal 47g :D:D
Protein 41g Goal 106g :)
Sodium 498mg Goal 2,300mg :D:D:D
Fiber 64g Goal 30g :D:D

Syckgirlsfv
02-13-2014, 01:34 PM
Larry Volumetrics sounds awesome...I ADORE pasta! :cp: Is there anything that is restricted? I love meat, too...was just wondering if you get to eat much of it?

Larry H
02-13-2014, 02:41 PM
Larry Volumetrics sounds awesome...I ADORE pasta! :cp: Is there anything that is restricted? I love meat, too...was just wondering if you get to eat much of it?

Nothing is totally restricted, however you should eat the most volume from low calorie dense foods. Calorie density is not listed on nutrition labels but you can easily figure it out. Take the calories per serving from the label and divide it by the weight in grams. You will get a number somewhere between 0 for water and 9 for fats. Don't worry about exact numbers close is OK.

Food is divided into four groupings by calorie density.

Category 1 foods very low calorie dense foods less than 0.6
Includes most fruits and vegetables, skim milk, and broth based soups

Category 2 foods low calorie dense foods 0.6 to 1.5
Includes many cooked grains, breakfast cereals with low-fat milk, low-fat meats, beans and legumes, low-fat mixed dishes and salads.

Category 3 foods medium calorie dense foods 1.5 to 4.0
Includes meats, cheeses, high-fat mixed dishes, salad dressings, some snack foods

Category 4 foods High calorie dense foods 4.0 to 9.0
Includes crackers, chips, chocolate candies, cookies, nuts, butter and full-fat condiments

Volumemetrics stresses the need for adequate daily protein and fats but suggests most of the bulk of your foods come from category 1 and/or 2 while at the same time making sure you are getting enough protein and fats but not excessive protein or fat. Do this and your portion size will be larger for any given calorie amount.

By experimenting you can take a high calorie dense food and lower it's density by adding vegetables or water. Take for example Mac and Cheese, very high calorie density but if you start adding vegetables to it the calorie density comes down and you can eat a larger serving.

novangel
02-13-2014, 05:10 PM
Hey everyone. :wave: I've been busy with work and wedding plans. The trip is booked for the end of November with our wedding on the 27th which is Thanksgiving Day. Odd I know but there was no way around it..long story. I haven't flown since 1995 so this is HUGE for me. I'm very afraid of flying but I'm feeling determined. :)

Turks and Caicos has been on my bucket list for a looooog time. I figured what better place?

I'll be leaving for the gym in a few.

IanG
02-13-2014, 05:12 PM
No change for me today. 174.8lbs

Calories will be about 1500. It snowed hard so no work or gym today. So I have been shoveling snow. That was a workout!

Breakfast
oats 3 150 4 27
Flaxseed milk 2 19 0 1
dried apricot 0 16 0 4
honey 0 21 0 6
Coffee 3 25 0 1
Coffee 3 25 0 1

Lunch
quails eggs 3 42 4 0
Skipanon Smoked chinook 21 315 30 0
Bar Harbor Clams in water 1 67 12 0
anchovies 2 65 10 0
Honey 0 64 0 17
Tomato 0 11 1 2
Mushroom 0 2 0 0
Red onion 0 8 0 2
Kidney beans 0 18 1 3
Kimchi 0 70 7 7

Beer 0 300 0 26
Total 51 1459 100 98
Weight 174.8
Protein/weight ratio 0.57
Calories 2447 2797
Fat based on 20-30% caloric intake 32 49
20% less calories to cut 1958

Exercise: Shoveled the heavy, wet stuff.

laciemn
02-13-2014, 06:58 PM
Thanks roadbikerchick! I'm in remission now, so I don't struggle the way I used to, I just have residual weakness around of the proximal muscles. Doing pretty well today. I got a lot of studying done today, although I'm afraid I'm still quite unclear on some of the calculus concepts I'm trying to learn.

I didn't count, but ate less than usual. I was still 160.0 this morning. For breakfast, I had half a can of vegetable beef soup with added spinach, cheese and a roll. For lunch, I had beans and rice with cheese and salsa. For dinner, I am having steamed salmon with rice(and butter) with added spinach.

Larry H
02-13-2014, 07:29 PM
Hey everyone. :wave: I've been busy with work and wedding plans. The trip is booked for the end of November with our wedding on the 27th which is Thanksgiving Day. Odd I know but there was no way around it..long story. I haven't flown since 1995 so this is HUGE for me. I'm very afraid of flying but I'm feeling determined. :)

Turks and Caicos has been on my bucket list for a looooog time. I figured what better place?

I'll be leaving for the gym in a few.

Congratulations!! You will have much to be thankful for that day

Diana3271
02-13-2014, 09:47 PM

Alaskanlaughter I can see eating for warmth. Also, you are always around children and their food. That probably makes it extra difficult.

CoolMom Good job on the new recipe and signing up at the gym! You will get in the swing of things at the gym in no time.

Kelijpa I hope you have a great weigh in tomorrow. :goodscale:

Roadbikerchick We did better than I expected but there are other people still without power. I buy a lot of workouts from Collage. They are a good company.

Noshoes Good job sticking with your plan! :carrot:

Syckgirlsfv Does the Jarlsberg cheese melt well? Does it add much flavor? I tried it a long time ago but can't remember what it tastes like.

Radiojane Good job on the pound! :carrot:

Larry Another good day for you! :bravo:

Novangel Congrats on starting to make your plans! :carrot: I am eager to hear about your plans as you go along. How many days will you be there?

Ian Good job having the physical endurance to shovel that snow! It's a tough workout for sure.

Laciemn Good job on your productive day.

Diana3271
02-13-2014, 09:55 PM

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (600 Calories)
Small salad, brought my own dressing 100 calories
steamed cabbage 100
steamed cauliflower 100 calories
roasted chicken 300 calories

Exercise:
KCM's 30 MTF Start Here Lower Body Minimizer w/10's
TF Fire 55 EZ

novangel
02-13-2014, 11:03 PM
Thank you for the kind words, Larry! :)

Diana, we will be there 6 nights.

I didn't make it to the gym tonight. I'm just feeling very tired from running around all day and having to be up early on my day off for a school meeting.. I have so much to do and so little time. Now I'm annoyed that I didn't make time for the gym but what else is new.

I feel bummed with myself. Tomorrow is a new day.

mandymercier
02-13-2014, 11:05 PM
Hey guys! My name is Mandy. I'm new to the forum and wanted to introduce myself. I always find myself eating less calories than I should intake and then binge eating on days that I have a lot of down time..so my weight is always fluctuating. Right now I'm at 120- my highest weight ever! I usually eat fruit in the morning and snack on veggies the rest of the day. On the weekends...pizza, salmon, junk food..lol. Check back in tomorrow. :)

Diana3271
02-14-2014, 06:59 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! :wave: Happy Valentine's Day! :val1:

Anyone have special Valentine's Day plans?

mandymercier Hi and welcome to the check-in! :welcome2:

Last night I added on: Legs Up the Wall yoga pose while listening to mountain streams CD 10 minutes

Weigh In: 161.8

TGIF! I hope you have a great Friday and start to your weekend!

kelijpa
02-14-2014, 09:11 AM
Good morning all, good weekly weigh in, down 2.6 from last week, so lost the 2.2 I gained plus almost a half, can't complain about that.

Novangel congrats on your plans coming together looking out at the snow and hearing some wind blowing your destination sounds amazingly good! :D best of luck with everything

Larry Mac and cheese with veg sounds great, I used to eat it a lot with tomatoes, good stuff. I've gone through times when I would steam a whole broccoli and eat it, or eat a can of green beans myself, sometimes you do just need that volume, glad it's working for you!

laciemn glad to hear you are in remission, I think I'm going to make some rice and beans haven't had that in awhile, sounds yummy.

:wave: Hi everyone, have to get out and shovel our paths again and give the chickens some food and water, see you later :D

Larry H
02-14-2014, 09:15 AM
Yesterday I ate way too much. If I had cut my lunch in half I would have felt much better. It would have reduced my already low calories by 177.5 for the day. My entire day yesterday was Volumetric and I ended uncomfortably full. My calorie count for the day was 877. Breakfast was a huge omelet, Lunch was a recipe from a Volumetrics book called "Garlic Roasted Vegetables" which I modified and made it into a vegetable stew. It was very good and very large but for the best eye appeal it needed something red in color. Next time that I make it I will use either red bell pepper or diced tomatoes and I will freeze half. Seriously it was too much to eat but I pigged out and ate it. :( Dinner was a grilled chicken breast with Cajun seasoning and three medium raw tomatoes cut up with Alsosalt sprinkled on them. I also ate a Granny Smith Apple in the morning as a snack.

Breakfast - 284 Calories
Extra Large Eggs, 3 egg
2 Fresh Jalapeno, Raw
Yellow Onion 1/2 small raw onion
Green Bell Pepper Raw

Lunch - 355 Calories
Great Value Broccoli & Cauliflower Steamable, 2 cup
Sliced Yellow Squash, 2 cup
Baby Cut Carrots, Raw, 1 container (10 oz ea.)10g
Yellow Onion - Medium (2.5" Diameter), 1
Fresh Jalapeno, Raw, 2
Great Value - Minced Garlic, 1 tsp
Mccormick - Ground Thyme, 1 tsp
Alsosalt - Sodium Free Salt Substitute, 1/2 tsp
Parsley Flakes, Dried, 1 Tbsp
Herb Ox Instant Chicken Broth & Seasoning Sodium Free, 1 Packet
Tap - Water - 1 1/2 cup

Dinner - 158 Calories
Homemade Cajun Spiced Chicken Breast, 1 breast
Fresh Raw Tomato (Medium), 3

Snack - 80 Calories
Granny Smith Raw Apple, 1 medium

Syckgirlsfv
02-14-2014, 11:45 AM
Happy Valentines Day!!! :val2:

The accounting midterm I took last night was insane...it was one of those tests where no matter how much you studied, the bulk of the stuff on it looks alien! I am not pleased...it isn't a matter of did I pass or not, I know I did, but I am an A student and I'm getting B's these days! Maybe 3 classes is too much while working full time, but I just want to get it done! I want to keep my GPA over 3.6 and graduate with honors like I did at the junior college level. :o

Ok - food today:

B - cinnamon and spice instant oatmeal
L - my homemade chili, the last of it! (DH has gone crazy on it like he always does...I'm glad he likes it :D, it's healthy)

We have reservations at Black Angus tonight. We'll get the campfire feast which is where we each pick an entree and two sides, and there is a dessert at the end. GOOD food! It's a steak house. I'll probably have either a steak or chicken, though I love the salmon but with all the radiation from Fukushima coming over here it isn't wise to eat seafood :(

Everybody have a great day!!!!

IanG
02-14-2014, 12:22 PM
No gym again today as it snowed last night. Argh. I do not like getting out of rotutine. Still, got some work done.

Weight was up 0.8lbs today to 175.6lbs.

Calories will be about 1500. More shoveling snow now.

Breakfast
oats 3 150 4 27
Flaxseed milk 2 19 0 1
dried apricot 0 16 0 4
honey 0 21 0 6
Coffee 3 25 0 1
Coffee 3 25 0 1

Lunch
quails eggs 3 42 4 0
Smoked Halibut 5 249 36 0
Ocean harvest Dungeness crab 1 120 26 0
anchovies 2 65 10 0
Honey 0 64 0 17
Tomato 0 11 1 2
Mushroom 0 2 0 0
Red onion 0 8 0 2
Kidney beans 0 18 1 3
Kimchi 0 70 7 7

Beer 0 300 0 26
Total 28 1467 138 98
Weight 175.6
Protein/weight ratio 0.79
Calories 2458 2810
Fat based on 20-30% caloric intake 33 49
20% less calories to cut 1967

Exercise: Shoveled snow.

Radiojane
02-14-2014, 04:31 PM
Down .7 this morning. 2.3 pounds of water weight from my trip left, but my nephews had "valentine's day pizza" with me, so I expect a gain tomorrow.

Yesterday calories in: 1550
babybel cheese
chicken legs with spice rub
baked spaghetti squash with tomatoes, onion and cheese
dill pickles
kale salad
dark salted chocolate

30 minute walk with dog.

Got to get back to exercising. If my bf is going to have me up at the crack of dawn to get him ready for work for the next 45 days, it shouldn't be a problem!

kelijpa
02-14-2014, 05:34 PM
Change of plans, lots of shoveling, went for a snow shoe hike and then more shoveling, eating went pretty well.

B- pancakes, eggs
L- alessi mushroom risotto, salmon
D- egg roll
S- cookies
E- snow shoeing, shoveling

Larry H
02-14-2014, 08:22 PM
My DW has been very sick with vertigo since Tuesday night. I have to help her from the bed to the bathroom or she will fall due to dizziness. She is also very sick to her stomach. She had this same condition two years ago and it lasted a month. I sure hope it don't last that long this time.

I had low calories again today 999 calories total.:D:D I cut way back on lunch and it was still too much. Volumetrics sure is working for me. I have not been hungry since I started following it. My Sodium has been way down also today was 1,168 mg :D and yesterday my Sodium was 629 mg :D:carrot::D

Breakfast - 285 Calories
Cereal - Fiber One Original, 1 cup
Skim Milk, 3/4 cup
Sweet 'n Low - Artificial Sweetner, 1 pkt.
Banana - Medium Size (6.5oz)

Lunch - 399 Calories
1/2 Raw Onion - Medium (2.5" Diameter)
Sliced Yellow Squash, 1 cup
Great Value (Walmart) - Broccoli & Cauliflower Steamable, 1 cup
Green String Beans Steamed , 1 cup
Delmonte - Stewed Tomatoes No Salt, (1 1/2 cups ea.)
Green Bell Pepper 1/2
Great Value - Green Peas, Frozen (1/2 cup)
Dried Basil Leaves, Ground, 1 tsp
Bay Leaf, 1 leaf
Sriracha Hot Salsa, 2 Tbsp.
Pure Ground Black Pepper, 1/4 teaspoon

Dinner - 160 Calories
Chicken Breast, 2.25 oz
Herb Ox - Chicken Bullion, Sodium Free, 2 packet
Old Bay - Seasoning, 1/2 tsp

Snacks - 155 Calories
Apple Fresh - Granny Smith Apple, 1 medium
Large, Navel Orange

literacyqueen
02-14-2014, 08:37 PM
Starting the IP diet tomorrow I am happy to find this forum which will make me be accountable to my self

laciemn
02-14-2014, 09:18 PM
Kelijpa, yeah, beans are pretty awesome and cheap too! Adding a little salsa and cumin is still healthy and flavorful. Happy V Day everyone! I am single, but not one of those resentful singles that hates Valentine's.

Was up 1 lbs today. No big deal, I guess. Another frustrating day of studying Microeconomics and Calculus. Sheesh. My roommate brought me to the store today, since I don't want to drive. I did get a couple of snacks --Salt and vinegar pringles and some sugar free wafers. I also got some chuck steak, colby cheese, eggs, red potatoes, brown rice and frozen mixed veggies.

Breakfast -
1 package of sunflower seeds

Lunch - Roll and beans with pepperjack cheese and salsa.

Dinner - A very satisfactory slice of chuck steak, mashed potatoes with green onions and one tbs of butter, along with some mixed squash, zucchini and carrots with Italian seasoning. Glad for a break from fish, honestly!

Diana3271
02-14-2014, 10:09 PM

Novangel Don't forget about workout DVD's if you can't make it to the gym. Once you put that DVD in and start moving you will normally complete the workout. Just getting started is the hard part.

Kelijpa Congrats on your weigh in! :carrot:

Larry Great job getting full and satisfied with so few calories. I will keep your DW in my thoughts and prayers. I hope she starts feeling better soon.

Syckgirlsfv Enjoy your dinner at the Black Angus.

Ian Good job on your day.

Radiojane Congrats on the .7.

Literacyqueen Hi and welcome to the check-in. :welcome2: Good luck with your weight loss goals.

Laciemn Good luck with the studying. I think I did well in microeconomics but calculus is just plain evil.

Diana3271
02-14-2014, 10:14 PM
Total Approx 1610 Calories + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Valentine candy 240 Calories

Dinner (600 Calories)
2 Grilled mahi tacos 600 calories

Exercise:
TJ Cardio Party Mix 2
TJ 20 Minute Workout

Syckgirlsfv
02-15-2014, 01:16 AM
So here's what I had at Black Angus:

Appetizer: fire grilled artichoke
Squaw bread

Dinner

Grilled chicken breast (seasoned with thyme and rosemary, delish!)
Augratin potatoes
Broccoli
Glass of wine - Cab

Dessert: New York cheesecake with strawberry (split with DH)
All in all not too bad...servings were normal sized and not too big ;)

alaskanlaughter
02-15-2014, 01:41 AM
very long day...3 meetings, work the rest of the day and 1 interview to conduct....had a nice valentine's dinner with DH and then tracked down the dog who escaped from the yard while we were at dinner...then I cleaned up the kitchen/living room with little son and now it's almost bedtime

ive been working on incorporating coconut oil into my routine as I've read good things about it increasing metabolism, controlling blood sugar and helping moderate body temperature...so i'm hoping this will help with the coldness issues all the time...it's also helping me feel REALLY FULL

Diana3271
02-15-2014, 07:52 AM

Last night I added on:
Tamilee Webb's Total Stretch for Beginners (standing)
Short Rest from AM PM Yoga for Beginners

Calories for yesterday: 1610 + :coffee:
Weigh In: 161.2

I am so glad to have been able to eat the Valentine's candy in moderation AND not end up eating other junk. Sometimes one trigger food will lead to another. I have really been trying with the whole moderation thing. It seems like things are different since my thyroid has gotten out of whack. Until that gets better controlled, it seems like if I want something I will only be able to eat a small amount of it. So, trying to look at the positives, maybe some good will come out of all of this after all. I will be forced to learn moderation with certain foods.

Have a great day!

laciemn
02-15-2014, 08:13 AM
SO FRUSTRATED.
I got stuck trying to pull out of my driveway this morning. I was planning to volunteer carrying boxes and such at the Christian United Outreach Center today. STUPID SNOW!

I was back down to 158, though (-3.0 lbs from yesterday).

CoolMom75
02-15-2014, 10:45 AM
I started out my day on the wrong foot with granola for breakfast. Ugh! I have a load of beautiful veg I need to prepare for quick access but too full work days are zapping any energy to do that. Working is hard! LOL! /whine.

novangel
02-15-2014, 12:01 PM
Omg, I haven't done anything. Work was crazy yesterday and then we went straight to dinner. After that we chilled at home for the evening.

I'm making breakfast and then heading out to run a 5k at the gym.

Oh, BF ran for the first time ever and beat my time. WTF? :mad:

BBL.

alaskanlaughter
02-15-2014, 01:04 PM
I finally have the money to look at buying a new pair of running shoes today....i'd like to get back into running outside when the snow clears up...weather here varies from clear pavement to a foot of snow, back n forth and I could run outside when there's no snow...I tried running once on the treadmill in my very old shoes and it was horrible :( so I've been doing weights which I like and waiting for the money to get better shoes

IanG
02-15-2014, 03:17 PM
No change in weight today at 175.6lbs. Got back to the gym as well and found it tough going after just 2 days out.

Calories today will be about 1500.

Breakfast
oats 3 150 4 27
Flaxseed milk 2 19 0 1
dried apricot 0 16 0 4
honey 0 21 0 6
Coffee 3 25 0 1
Coffee 3 25 0 1

Lunch
quails eggs 3 42 4 0
Roland Marinated Mussels 8 150 22 0
anchovies 2 65 10 0
Honey 0 64 0 17
Tomato 0 11 1 2
Mushroom 0 2 0 0
Red onion 0 8 0 2
Kidney beans 0 18 1 3
Kimchi 0 100 10 10

Beer 0 300 0 26
Total 45 1520 117 113
Weight 175.6
Protein/weight ratio 0.67
Calories 2458 2810
Fat based on 20-30% caloric intake 34 51

alaskanlaughter
02-15-2014, 04:13 PM
I had a nice little run with new shoes :D on the treadmill at the gym....it wasn't very long because i'm breaking in the shoes and it was rubbing my heel raw....but I did what I could and with the new shoes and remembering my inhaler, it wasn't all that difficult....

novangel
02-15-2014, 05:07 PM
4 miles today. :)

I always feel awesome after a good run. My energy level and general mood is so much improved. It's the best antidepressant there is but once I fall off track a few days my energy level goes downhill fast. Must. Keep. Motivated. :carrot:

Larry H
02-15-2014, 09:40 PM
I don't officially weigh in until Monday but curiosity got he best of me today and I peeked on the scale. In five days I have lost another 4 pounds. The amazing thing is that I have been pigging out and eating more food than I ever did by following the Volumetrics plan.

I DO NOT claim that this is the answer for everyone. It does seem to work extremely well for me.

Breakfast
I got up late and I had to go grocery shopping while my DW was between bathroom visits. Time was tight for my shopping as she cannot get to the bathroom without my assistance due to her Vertigo. The result was I had no breakfast today.

Lunch
I dreamed up an incredibly good tasting Volumetric fish stew for lunch today using a frozen Swai filet. It was a huge lunch and only 585 calories and 254mg of sodium for the "entire recipe"

Swai Fish Stew

Ingredients:

Swai - White Fish Fillets, 6 oz. (cut in bite size pieces)
Winn Dixie - Cut Green Beans - No Salt Added, 1 3/4 cup (drained)
Delmonte - California Petite Diced Tomatoes No Salt Added, 1 3/4 cup (not drained)
Fresh - JalapeŮo, 2 Peppers
Great Value - Pure Ground Black Pepper, 1/4 tsp
Ground Cumin, 1 tsp
Chili Powder, 3 tsp
Great Value - Minced Garlic, 3 tsp
Herb Ox Instant Chicken Broth & Seasoning Sodium Free, 1 Packet
Water 1 1/2 cup

Directions

Put all ingredients into a pan
Cover and bring to a boil
Boil for 5 minutes
Reduce heat and simmer for 10 additional minutes
Enjoy

Entire recipe nutrition:

Calories 585
Carbohydrates 55g
Fat 7g
Protein 44g
Sodium 254mg
Fiber 21g

Dinner
For dinner I took 1/2 cup of home made left over beef stew and added
2 Jalapeno Peppers diced
1 can Libby's No Salt Added Green Beans with liquid
1 can Del Monte No Salt Added Mixed Vegetables
This made a very large chunky beef vegetable soup that tasted great and was only 273 calories and 250mg of sodium for the entire recipe :D:carrot::D

Snacks Two medium Granny Smith Apples

My total for the day was 1,018 calories and 504mg sodium

Diana3271
02-15-2014, 10:01 PM

Syckgirlsfv Sounds like you had a great dinner last night.

Laciemn Congrats on the 3 pounds! :carrot:

Coolmom Sorry your day didn't start well for you. How was the rest of your day?

Alaskanlaughter Congrats on the new shoes and the run! :carrot:

Ian Are you sore from the snow shoveling?

Novangel Congrats on the 4 miles! :carrot:

Larry The fish stew sounds delicious!

Diana3271
02-15-2014, 10:06 PM
Total Approx 1515 Calories + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (250 Calories)
Artisan Bistro Salmon dinner 280 calories
Roasted Cauliflower 70 calories

Dinner (870 Calories)
turkey breakfast sausage 100 calories
yellow grits 150 calories
2 eggs 140 calories
English muffin 130 calories
blueberry preserves 50 calories
over did the fresh fruit salad 300 calories

Exercise:
KCM's 30 MTF Start Here Cardio Sculpt and Upper Body weights w/8's and 10's
TF Fire 45 EZ

Diana3271
02-16-2014, 07:23 AM

I didn't add on any yoga last night. I had to go to bed early since I was getting up early this morning. We are going to the Southeastern Wildlife Expo today. It had to do with hunting, fishing, everything outdoors, hunting dogs, dock dogs competition, Jack Hannah will be there with wild animals, etc. Cody will go with us. There will be a lot of other dogs like him there. LOOK OUT! :rofl: I probably won't get a workout in either since we will spend most of the day there.

Calories for yesterday: 1515 + :coffee:
Weigh In: 161.2
No Change

Have a great day!

novangel
02-16-2014, 09:35 AM
Larry, that stew sounds delicious! I will have to give that a try! I'm going to copy and paste into a folder.

Happy Sunday, everyone. :coffee: Work at 10am and then....? I guess we'll see.

Syckgirl, Walking Dead tonight! :carrot:

Diana, Thank you for the continued support for all of us. You really are the reason why a lot of us here keep going. I have a hard time keeping up with personals but you go out of your way to address everyone and make sure everyone feels welcome and listened to. You're a great ring leader. :)

BBL.

laciemn
02-16-2014, 11:23 AM
Thanks Diana!

Haha, I should have known I'd start snacking as soon as I bought some snacks! Yesterday was quite good, besides perhaps a bit too much snacking. I ate about 6 vanilla wafers and 10 pringles along with a breakfast of scrambled eggs, lunch of soup and dinner was 2 meatballs, potatoes and a big bowl of mixed veggies.

Today, I've only had a couple of vanilla wafers with my coffee and a small piece of chuck steak.

I do also agree with Larry about adding volume to food. I've done this before when dieting to try and cut the calories, but never really thought about actually practicing it regularly. I did add quite a bit of of mixed veggies to my soup. Larry's method, along with adequate protein / fat, seems to be the key to controlling snacking! Last night, after I got hungry for snacks, I just made a giant bowl of mixed veggies. It really helped! This morning, I wanted to eat more wafers after my morning coffee, so I just made a little bit of steak and I don't even want wafers now.

I do find I have to add salt if I add water or extra veggies, though. I just don't like the taste of stuff without salt. I even eat sweet potatoes with a little bit of salt! My blood pressure is always on the low side, though, so I don't worry about it too much, since I get lots of potassium and water.

Royalj1979
02-16-2014, 11:48 AM
Hello everyone,

It's hard to find motivation these days but once you find a good one its like riding a bike through your weight loss journey. At first your weak, the pain is unbearable physically,emotionally,and mentally. Then as you pedal more and more you start to notice that your becoming faster and less winded. Then your face feels warm, as a result the best thing happens you SMILE. Even though your in pain you SMILE. You keep smiling and you realize that life is beautiful and you can do anything! Believe in yourself!

For some free tips click my link!

Larry H
02-16-2014, 12:45 PM
I do find I have to add salt if I add water or extra veggies, though. I just don't like the taste of stuff without salt. I even eat sweet potatoes with a little bit of salt! My blood pressure is always on the low side, though, so I don't worry about it too much, since I get lots of potassium and water.

As long as salt does not bother you then by all means continue using it and do not worry about it. I also love the taste of salt and like you I have low blood pressure. My problem is that I retain water like crazy when I have a lot of sodium. I started looking around for salt substitute but I hated the taste of all of them until I found "AlsoSalt" It is the only one I have found that tastes like salt and has no after taste. It can be a little pricey. You can find it in some grocery stores or order it on Amazon. I say stay with salt if your BP is good and you do not retain water but if you ever need to change I highly recommend AlsoSalt.

IanG
02-16-2014, 01:52 PM
Down 0.4lbs today to 175.2lbs.

Yes Diana, I was sore from the shoveling. But it's back to the gym now.

I have been playing around with my diet again. I have just not felt fired up enough for my workouts. Tired, mostly hungry and sometimes achy.

So I have upped my calories today to feel more comfortable.

Some extra smoked oysters for breakfast.

A banana before working out.

And some extra smoked osyters at lunch. (I'm really getting into smoked oysters!).

So I am looking at 1900-2000 calories today. Let's see what that does to the scale. I found my time at the gym a little easier.

Breakfast
banana 0 105 1 27
oats 3 150 4 27
Flaxseed milk 2 19 0 1
dried apricot 0 16 0 4
honey 0 21 0 6
Coffee 3 25 0 1
Coffee 3 25 0 1
Ekone habanero oysters 6 165 20 9

Lunch
quails eggs 3 42 4 0
Ocean harvest Dungeness crab 1 120 26 0
Ekone original oysters 5 165 17 11
anchovies 2 65 10 0
Honey 0 64 0 17
Tomato 0 11 1 2
Mushroom 0 2 0 0
Red onion 0 8 0 2
Kidney beans 0 18 1 3
Kimchi 0 100 10 10

Beer 0 300 0 26
Total 51 1930 160 156
Weight 175.2
Protein/weight ratio 0.91
Calories 2453 2803
Fat based on 20-30% caloric intake 43 64
20% less calories to cut 1962

laciemn
02-16-2014, 05:58 PM
I'm going to try some of that NoSalt, Larry! I won't cut out salt completely even if it's a good substitute, but it will be nice to use on things I use a lot of salt on, like potatoes or rice.

Today, I had 4 wafers, 5-10 pringles, a piece of chuck steak (1/2 for breakfast and 1/2 dinner), a small salad with avocado for lunch, and I will have steak, rice and steamed spinach for dinner. Since I'm going to eat early, I will definitely have a snack later.

I did a 10 minute workout video on youtube instead of my usual routine. Needed a break!

alaskanlaughter
02-16-2014, 07:36 PM
ian my dad LOVES smoked oysters :) but I never liked them as a kid...the oysters we get now are when we go camping with friends, catch them fresh and put them over the campfire...even those I don't really like but others seem to love them a lot

I had another short run at the gym...breaking in new shoes and getting back into running after an almost 8-month break to focus on weight training...i'm finding that I enjoy it still but my lungs with asthma have lost the capacity they used to have...so i'm focusing on what I can do right now and building from there...so glad to have new running shoes even if they did rub me raw in one spot :(

did some errands today, doing house cleaning, rearranged some things that needed to get done, and doing laundry...glad to have tomorrow off work for the holiday

kelijpa
02-16-2014, 07:42 PM
Hello all,
Quick check in, we got out finally yesterday and then got stuck coming back in the driveway, kind of got plowed too narrow at the end, anyway, today we got the truck out, the driveway widened at the end and went for a ride on the quad. I'm feeling the shoveling, it seems like it's snowed every day for 3 or 4 days, and a few more forecast for tomorrow night, hope I can get in to work.

Food was good today, didn't do my exercise plan yesterday or today due to the unexpected snow related exercise, but so be it, I will get back to it tomorrow for sure, if I do them when I get up, like I almost did today, I'll get them in.

Sounds like everyone's doing well, Larry you've got me thinking about green beans, big time, lol, I'm going to cook some up tomorrow, I have some in the freezer from the garden. Ian smoked oysters are addicting...lol, I bought a bunch of avocados, so will be eating them this week in place of the oysters, I need to order some of those you mentioned, dying to try them.

Best to all, hope to be back to my version of normal tomorrow, although it is a holiday, so there's that... :sunny:

kelijpa
02-16-2014, 07:45 PM
another way oysters are great is in bread crumbs and fried in a bit of oil, wow, really good, easy to google fried oysters, good for a little treat, change of pace, we got the oysters at Wegman's at the fresh seafood counter.

shr1nk1ngme
02-16-2014, 07:48 PM
As long as salt does not bother you then by all means continue using it and do not worry about it. I also love the taste of salt and like you I have low blood pressure. My problem is that I retain water like crazy when I have a lot of sodium. I started looking around for salt substitute but I hated the taste of all of them until I found "AlsoSalt" It is the only one I have found that tastes like salt and has no after taste. It can be a little pricey. You can find it in some grocery stores or order it on Amazon. I say stay with salt if your BP is good and you do not retain water but if you ever need to change I highly recommend AlsoSalt.
I'm going to try some of that NoSalt, Larry! I won't cut out salt completely even if it's a good substitute, but it will be nice to use on things I use a lot of salt on, like potatoes or rice.

Also, NoSalt (or similar salt substitute) is made of potassium so it's great for preventing low-potassium leg cramps. I use it all the time, in eggs, on sandwiches, in broth, on my veggies, etc. Not because of issues with sodium. I get plenty of dietary sodium from cheese and dairy products. My blood pressure is just fine and I don't retain water - but because I am a low-carb vegetarian, I have a lot of trouble obtaining adequate potassium from food sources alone. NoSalt to the rescue! Well, that, and Low-sodium V8, which also has LOADS of potassium.

Angie
02-16-2014, 07:51 PM
Hi Diana! Hi everyone :)

I'm returning to 3FC to try to get myself back in the right mindset to lose some weight. My goals are very undefined at the moment, just a general 'lose weight', 'exercise more', 'do better'....

I haven't even made a ticker yet, but I think I need to set a series of small goals...and I guess I'll start with 20lbs.

Low carb/high protein/low sodium seems to work best for me. I just did the shopping and some pre-cooking to support that...so here goes. All my calories are estimates based on the 'lose it' app.

Breakfast: Italian wedding soup (3/4 serving) (192 calories), coffee with cream (120 calories)
Lunch: Italian wedding soup (256 calories) saltines (72 calories)
Dinner: Taco salad (500 calories)
Snack: Greek yogurt (140 cal)

Total: 1280 calories

Exercise: TBA -- I'm about to get on the treadmill
Current weight: 236lbs

Diana3271
02-16-2014, 08:57 PM

We had a great time at the Expo today. We need to work on getting Cody comfortable around people and other dogs. He got so excited and crazy acting. He also pulled a lot on the leash and ended up making himself sick. Last week we took him to walk in Pet Smart. I think we will try that on a more regular basis. He goes to the groomer ever other week. He also goes to the Vet once a month to get weighed for his flea control/heartworm medicine. I guess that's just not enough. I think we need to go to Pet Smart every day. :lol: The last time we went to the Vet, he really disrupted the waiting room. :lol: You know the bad kid in school? The Dennis the menace? That's Cody. I keep trying to remember that he's only 8 months old. Hopefully he will start acting better with age. I can say one thing though, he was prettier than the other Boykin's there today. :D (he just can't act right :lol:)

My food wasn't great today. They had a lot of samples of food and wine, etc. I will chalk this up as an off plan day. Back at it tomorrow. Also, since we were gone all day I didn't get a workout in. Again, back at it tomorrow.

Novangel Thank you. :)

Laciemn I have done the big bowl of veggies too. They have helped me get through a rough time. I like to feel full. Good job enjoying the wafers in moderation.

Royalj1979 Hi and welcome to the check-in! :welcome2:

Larry Hi :wave:

Ian Good job on the .4 and for tweaking things until you can find your sweet spot. :carrot:

Alaskanlaughter Good job on the run. It will take time to build back up. I have noticed that I don't have the cardio stamina that I used to have. I lowered the intensity of my workouts since the Dr. felt I needed to watch my stress levels. I am trying to build it back up. Enjoy your day off.

Kelijpa Do you have tomorrow off, too? If so, enjoy your day! :carrot:

Shr1nk1ngme Hi :wave:

Angie Hi and Welcome back! It is really good to see you. Good job planning ahead with your shopping so you will have what you need. Did you workout on the treadmill?

Angie
02-16-2014, 10:41 PM
Diana -- I did get on the treadmill, but I only lasted 15 minutes. I have just felt so lazy lately...I have a great day on the treadmill and then I don't want to look at it for a week! So today, I'll take my 15 minutes and try for 20 tomorrow. I'm also going swimming with Cameron and his friends tomorrow -- it's Family Day here -- so having to put on a bathing suit ought to motivate me a little.

I see that you have a new dog -- what breed is he? He sounds like a mischevious one! Our little Goliath passed away in November :( -- I miss him terribly.

Larry H
02-17-2014, 08:11 AM
Today is my self proclaimed official weekly weigh in day.

The results for my third week of eating more to weigh less using the Volumetrics Plan are:

4 pounds lost this week!!

:goodscale:woohoo::dancer::carrot:

Diana3271
02-17-2014, 08:32 AM

We are working today, but I am moving very slow! I went to bed early last night and slept well. It probably has to do with the wine that I had at SEWE yesterday.

Angie I'm sorry to hear about Goliath. It was horrible for us when Magnum passed away. We actually continued to hear him around us until we got Cody. That went on for a couple of years! (We probably sound like crazy people :o) Cody is a Boykin Spaniel. This is what they look like. Don't be fooled by their cuteness. They are evil Tasmanian Devil dogs. :rofl:
http://lilypadboykins.com/puppies.html
http://lilypadboykins.com/PHOTOS.html

Larry Congratulations! :bravo:

No yoga to report for last night. I am back on plan today. I might have a second gain tomorrow since I was off plan yesterday. I am up 1.2 pounds from yesterday.

Angie
02-17-2014, 09:22 AM
Breakfast: Meatballs with tomato basil sauce + coffee (639 cal - ouch!)
Lunch: 1/2 chicken breast with broccoli and cauliflower (299 cal)
Dinner: Going out with friends, so I've preselected...8oz sirloin with vegetable medley (576 cal)

This will be a higher calorie day than I would like, but I already ate that darn breakfast before realizing how high it was! We are going swimming with some friends today and I'll get back on the treadmill again later this evening.

Food: 1514 calories
Exercise: -369 calories
Net: 1145 calories

Today's weight: 238.6 (up 2.6!)

This is the plan, so we'll see how it turns out. It was pretty frustrating to wake up to this big gain this morning, but I'm sure it will pass. I already had 50-60lbs to lose, so what is 2 more?

Diana - I remember when Magnum passed, and I thought of you when it happened with Goliath. It still hits me sometimes when I come home and he's not here to greet me, or trying to push past me to make a break for a romp around the neighbourhood. I love those puppies, they are very cute! I'm sure they have to be cuter to make up for the mischief -- that's how I felt about Jack Russell's too -- if Goliath wasn't so darn cute I don't know that we would have made it 12 years!

kelijpa
02-17-2014, 10:24 AM
Larry :congrat: it's great when something works for you!

Diana our little dog must be related to yours, he's a little older, but pretty bad behaved in public, since he hasn't been around too many people besides me and DH with this weather, I shudder to think when I get him out somewhere...and today he's laying around like a stuffed animal, so relaxed. If someone came by, the switch would flip and so would he :lol:

Angie sorry for your loss and best of luck with your program.

Off to a good start today, OP with food and got in my exercise already, so looking forward to a much needed on plan day.

IanG
02-17-2014, 02:23 PM
Up 0.4lbs today to 175.6lbs.

I upped the calories today to about 2000 as well. I feel nice and full. I have had two extra helpings of smoked oysters and went double on my oats. The workout felt better because of it. Let's see what it does to the scale. At this point, I think I am done with expecting any major losses. I just need to try to keep things below 180. It's just too tough to lose any more weight.

I mean I could do it, but I would have to waste away and I am no longer into that. By waste away, I mean cutting the calories and the exercise so the muscle goes with the fat. I am not into that game where I am. I was at 280lbs when I had a little bit more muscle to spare!

A real test will be tomorrow. I have boxing in the morning and the last few sessions I have not been able to give 100%. I am hoping a few more calories and carbs will give me the boost I need.

Breakfast
oats 5 300 8 54
Flaxseed milk 4 38 0 2
dried apricot 0 32 0 9
honey 0 42 0 12
Coffee 3 25 0 1
Coffee 3 25 0 1

Lunch
quails eggs 3 42 4 0
Cockles 1 50 8 4
East Point shrimp 2 100 22 0
anchovies 2 65 10 0
Honey 0 64 0 17
Tomato 0 11 1 2
Mushroom 0 2 0 0
Red onion 0 8 0 2
Kidney beans 0 18 1 3
Kimchi 0 100 10 10

Beer 0 300 0 26
Total 63 2053 163 164
Weight 175.6
Protein/weight ratio 0.93
Calories 2458 2810
Fat based on 20-30% caloric intake 46 68

Exercise: Did 45 minutes weight training followed by a 3.5 mile run.

alaskanlaughter
02-17-2014, 02:36 PM
for a 3-day weekend I've been awfully busy...ate well yesterday and did a short run...i'm going to shovel out the truck and go to the gym again soon...i'm really sore from it too because i'm just getting back into it...

laciemn
02-17-2014, 06:40 PM
Ian, I'm sure in a few days, you'll be like your old self again. When you're very stuck on your way to a goal, sometimes it's best to give it a rest and try again later. Or you can adjust your goal to something fitness/overall health related rather than just weight loss.

Today, I cheated quite a lot throughout the day. It can be summed up as : oatmeal cookies. I also had pizza for lunch. I know I need to be more serious about my diet. My "good days" are turning out to be mediocre days because my regular days get filled up with so much sugary goodness! I know I'm going to gain as a result of this day. Oh well. I really do need to be more strict.

I once read that you should eat the way you imagine someone at your goal weight would eat. I can hardly imagine a 115-120 lbs girl eating as many sweets as I do!

CoolMom75
02-17-2014, 08:50 PM
I was so happy to have roasted veg stocked in the fridge I ate it for all three meals today. We did our first gyming with a plan and i must not have used heavy enough weights because hubby is sore and I feel nothing. I'll have to try a little heavier.

alaskanlaughter
02-17-2014, 09:11 PM
i'm sore from running...but it's expected....tomorrow is a rest day because i'm too busy and so is Thursday because i'm too busy...and possibly Friday as well due to meetings *sigh* but I NEED to go Wednesday if at all possible

I found a really neat treat at Costco....Veggie Straws....it's like veggie sticks or something, crunchy and salty and seem decently healthy...has anyone else tried this?

novangel
02-17-2014, 10:14 PM
Between work, a horrendous snow storm, and spending forever driving to get my son from his dads and back I wasn't able to get to the gym. :mad: BF is taking up the bedroom doing guitar stuff so no Jillian either. I'm seriously done with this winter.

I'm going to the gym tomorrow. Goodnight. :/

Diana3271
02-17-2014, 10:27 PM

We took Cody to walk around the Pet Smart. We ended up buying another no pull device. I think we need to take him back tomorrow and maybe the SA can help us fit it on him. It seems too loose since he got out of it and was able to bite it. :lol: I can't seem to tighten it enough. We also bought another toy while we were there tonight. Hmm, is that their way of making money? Telling us we can bring him there to walk around and then we end up buying stuff. ;) I think that's a win/win for them.

Angie I have heard that Jack Russell's are very active, too. Do you think you will get another dog? I had forgotten how much time they need. Since Magnum was an older dog we spent more time enjoying each others company. Cody it's all about keeping him occupied and out of trouble. ;) How was the swim? I enjoy swimming but only get to do it when we go to hotel during travel.

Kelijpa Good job on getting your exercise in early! :carrot: I hope Cody calms down. I couldn't believe how calm the other Boykin's were, yesterday. How does your dog do when you take him to the Vet?

Ian I hope the extra calories will give you the energy you need.

Alaskanlaughter Good job with your food and exercise.

Laciemn Tomorrow is a new day. It's hard when there are sweets in the house.

CoolMom I don't always get sore, either. Everyone is different. I have to do something very different or lift very heavy for me to get sore. Not sure why it's like that.

Novangel Spring is just around the corner. Hang in there.

Diana3271
02-17-2014, 10:32 PM
Back on track and feeling good about it! :carrot:

Total Approx 1420 Calories + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice