Old 01-30-2014, 09:09 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 385/375/220

Height: 6'

Default Hi I am new

This is the first time I have ever tried using a support structure for my weight loss. I am 44 years old and I am considered morbidly obese. I am 6' tall and weight 375lbs. I fluctuate up to 385lbs and then back down into the 370's. I have been having a lot of shortness of breath lately. I've gone through a lot of tests such as bloodwork, pulmonary function test, ekg, echocardiogram and the 6 min walk stress test with echo. So far they are all fine. The soonest I could get an appt with a Pulmonologist was March 4. I have a lot of anxiety having to wait that long. I am very scared and depressed. Now my shortness of breath is even when I'm sitting doing nothing and that's what scares me the most. I have a very fat stomach and I am hoping that it's just my weight squishing my diaphram. But from what I am told obesity doesn't usually cause shortness of breath at rest.

I have tried losing weight in the past, but I always put the weight back on and more. I am really bad with food. I was never overweight as a child or a teenager. It started slowly in my mid 20's. It wasn't until I was in my early 30's that I gained the most weight. Now I have trouble fitting in cars and chairs. The most embarrassing thing that has happened to me was when I went back to college and I couldn't fit in the tiny chairs with the desk attached they had in the classroom. I had to walk around and find a regular chair to sit in every class. I don't even go out in public much anymore. I've come to the realization that I need help. But I don't know where to start.
MusicMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 09:31 PM   #2  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Hi Musicman,

You will find alot of support here so you defintely came to the right place, When you feel like it join us in the Chat Thread for daily support, Hope to see you there soon.
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 12:15 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Welcome - lots of good support. Look around and find a home!
gggirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 01:44 PM   #4  
Vortex

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/???

Yes, stick around and talk more with us. We of course can't give medical advice, but we can tell you what has worked for us.

You say you're "really bad with food." Do you mean a strong physical appetite? Or do you think you eat because you're bored or unhappy? It helps to figure out what your triggers are.

Hang in there. One bonus for you is that so far, the docs think your health is okay. Until you see the pulmonologist, did your other doctors give you any advice for how to try to reduce the symptoms?
Vortex_VVV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 01:05 AM   #5  
♥F your beauty standards♥

S/C/G: 395/ 382/ 200

Height: 5'1

Hello, and welcome.

I believe you will find a lot of support on this site, and I'm glad you're trying to better your self. The first step is realizing the problem, and second step is doing some thing about it. (That's what my best friend told be before I decided I wanted lose weight for my health.)

It certainly is true though. I'm still very new to this site, and do NOT have much experience with successful dieting. But I started about over a week ago now. And so far I stayed strong (I'm really bad with food too)

I really hope every thing turns out well for you. I'm around your weight, so I know what it's like to easily get out of breath. That started happening to me..when I was just chilling, sitting down, I'd lose my breath. It scared me, and I was like.."I'm done with this!" I've been super unhappy for a very long time. (Lost my Dad in 08, then my mom in 09) So been through alot, dealt with a lot (including non stop family drama) But I've been pushing my self to be more active lately. I know you're a lot older, and I really do hope things turn out well. Try eatting healthier, (its so hard, but youll feel better! promise) and do small excerises, like lifting your leg while your sitting afew times, arm movements, stuff like that. I figure any excerise is better then none!

Best of luck to you Musicman, and I'm always here if you wanna chat! Take care!
CutsieMina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 07:01 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 304/283/190

Height: 5'11"

Welcome!

I'm about your age, and the doc has been after me to lose for some time. I think you'll find tons of support here(I know everyone has been very, very welcoming to me). Get into one of the chat threads, and touch base regularly, because we all know what its like to struggle.

You can do it. I've struggled with being "embarrassed" about struggling to lose weight, but I've finally realized that there's nothing wrong with acknowledging that its HARD.

We're all rooting for you.

Dean
vwdeano is offline   Reply With Quote