Fitness Videos - Insanity!

View Full Version : Insanity!

FrancesR
01-30-2014, 06:11 PM
Today I started Insanity with Shaun T, and yep, it's pretty bloody insane. The fit test was laughable, and I could barely get through the warm up, but here are my (AWFUL) stats anyway:

1) Switch Kicks: 25
TBH though, with these I wasn't entirely sure what was going on. I was drinking some water when all of a sudden I turned round and Shaun and his comrades were already halfway through the kicks! So yeah, um, next time I'll be ready! :D

2) Power Jacks: 31

3) Power Knees: 51

4) Power Jumps: 16
It started getting 10x TOUGHER from here!

5) Globe Jumps: 7

6) Suicide Jumps: 7
Suicide indeed, mate.

7) Push-up Jacks: 9
This I found pretty much impossible, I had to do the 'girl' push up where you cross your legs and lower. Modify, modify, modify!

8) Low Plank Oblique: 16
Yeah, I counted both legs as 1, so if I counted each leg individually, it would be 32 :)

Suffice to say, at the end of it I was sweating buckets and panting so much I can't even think of a comparison for it. But, you know what, I had energy. It was amazing. My spirit was willing to go on even though my flesh was dying. I pretty much fell over when I tried to get up the stairs which was an interesting experience. :) But, it was an achievement, even if it was minor.

Anyway, here are my measurements, so I and you can compare as I go on. (Hopefully I go on!!)

Weight: 12st 5

Waist: 32 and a half inches
Hips: 44 inches
Right Thigh: 24 inches
Left Thigh: 24 inches
Chest: 38 inches
Left Bicep: 13 inches
Right Bicep: 13 inches

Have any of you done Insanity? I'd love to hear if you have! And if you have any questions regarding it, please ask :) And you can follow this thread if you want for Insanity updates, I plan on updating AT LEAST once a week!

Speak soon! :D