100 lb. Club - Old and busted: the 190s. New hotness: Getting out of the 190s.

HelloNurse
01-29-2014, 05:38 PM
Thought I'd take it upon myself, since the old thread was getting too big.

I've been really frustrated with this decade. But after a long, HARD sleep last night, I woke up this morning to an overnight loss of almost 2 lbs. No wonder I was so tired! That brings me to 196.4 today. If it keeps, then I'm right around the halfway mark for this decade. I can't wait to change my ticker tomorrow if the scale stays here.

lotsakids
01-29-2014, 05:47 PM
Yay!!! HelloNurse! love seeing you here now that we have a brand new thread :)

TooWicky
01-29-2014, 06:31 PM
Posting to bookmark the new thread, hi guys :wave:

Tiffany189
01-29-2014, 06:39 PM
I weigh 190 ish or something. I just started also.

DrivenByAmbition
01-29-2014, 07:00 PM
193.3 but now that I know what my issue has been, I'm hoping to be out really soon!

HelloNurse
01-29-2014, 08:50 PM
It's always good when you figure out what needs to be fixed to make the next step down. Makes you feel smrt.

That's actually one of the things I wasn't expecting when I started. I figured that once I found something that worked, I would just do exactly that same thing for a year and I would reach my goal. But every few months, I have to change my strategy and rethink what I'm doing. I guess in a way it keeps me from getting too bored, but I wish that I didn't have to keep guessing at what to do.

Appmom
01-29-2014, 09:59 PM
Hi guys!

I'm hopeful to not be around long. Hit onderland on Christmas Day, now down to 190.8 as of this am.

Lotsakids, your signature is exactly what I'm fighting. My scale is even moving and I'm fighting it because I don't feel any different. Not stronger after 1 month of lifting, not faster after 3 months of running, not thinner after lots of weight loss. It's hard to stay motivated, but that's why I'm here.

CrazyCatWoman
01-29-2014, 11:56 PM
Hi all

I know I'm below 190 but you guys are where I get my support and this thread will rock just like the old one.

HelloNurse, are you inside my head ?! I started last March and had an almost straight line weight loss, 5kg a month, doing the same thing each time, until January started. I'm on the last 10kg to target, chosen on the basis of BMI - as still overweight but not much. Can I get through these last kilos ? It's so much harder than the last 50!! I had a great whoosh over Christmas (a real shock) but now am battling big time. And I know I have the weight to lose as I can see the fat areas still and do not feel I am at the 'end' yet.

I am doing more exercise, and really enjoying it. A balance of cardio and weights, tipped in favour of cadio as I want to run a 10k race in May. I have reduced the calories but not by too much. And then I realised I am constipated - so I hoping that is a cause for the plateau and I can blast through it :p

But in the meantime, I am losing, although very slowly so I shall just keep on doing what I am doing and try to avoid the old stinkin' thinking. I have come this far, I just maybe need to accept the end will be slower.

It's making me think about what target weight is, and of course about maintenance. I've never been the size I am now as an adult so this is all very unfamiliar territory to me. I still cannot quite believe I can go into a shop and have a choice of what to buy, nor do I have to look at the largest sizes all the time.

scarletmeshell
01-30-2014, 09:27 AM
Hello Everyone,
197.6 this morning. I can harrdly believe it!
I started in sept and am using myfittnesspal. It has really helped me. However I am having a hard time eating enough. Yesterday I was at 950 calories.

jennybutler357
01-30-2014, 11:22 AM
Hey everyone!! I read through the posts on the old thread and then saw the link to this one...

Llilith...I couldn't see the bathing suit, what's the link? I want to appreciate it in all its vixen red glory!

TooWicky and CrazyCatWoman, both in the 180s!! Amazing!! I've missed a lot while I was lounging around in the 200s thread! And Appmom, so close to the 180s, congrats!!

Well done scarletmeshell!!

I had a busy week this week but I am STILL keeping up my exercise regime of going every day. I normally go on weekends too so I guess I will run to 34 consecutive days if Sunday is my last in the streak! I also completed the squat challenge although it was for a lot less than Llilith's squat challenge - HOW many were you doing every day?! Very impressed!! The most I did was 60, which was for today

Well done and keep going everyone!!

Llilith
01-30-2014, 12:01 PM
HelloNurse - Thanks for the new thread. Congrats on your latest loss!

TooWicky - I felt the same way about that photo essay. I sat in stunned, sad silence after I viewed it. And it helped me put it into perspective too. I'm you checked it out, and I think it's good for people to see really. So happy for you that you are in the 180s!!

Crazycatwoman - 10k wow, you go girl. And you are in the 180s too. Rock on with your bad self.

lotsakids - omg your toilet froze? that's terrible. So many parts of the country are having a tough winter!

Tiffany189 - Welcome! :D

Jennybutler - Here's the link: http://www.modcloth.com/shop/onepiece-swimwear/bathing-beauty-one-piece-in-red-plus-size I can't wait for it to arrive!! So excited. That's great you did 60 squats! Today is day 21, and it is 180 squats. I'm scared. But I'm gonna break them down thru the day to 45 x 4. :) I can totally tell they are making a difference, which is really motivating!

I had a cool NSV yesterday. Hubby and I were out and I saw my reflection in a glass window. I just stopped and stared. I was stunned. My legs aren't touching like they used to… they are two separate legs instead of one LOL. He caught me staring and said "yeah, you look way different huh? I lost you in the store the other day and looked right past you cause I didn't recognize your shape". WOW YAYAYAYA. He loves my shape however it is, but it was really cool that he told me that.

lotsakids
01-30-2014, 03:35 PM
Llilith, your post made me tear up. What a great NSV.

Appmom, I've sunk myself so many times because I didn't see progress it was a reminder to me!

Today I was down to 192.8! My goal is a hundred pound loss by my birthday in June, I think I'm going to make it!!

DrivenByAmbition
01-30-2014, 04:05 PM
193.6 Just ready to be in 180s!

TooWicky
01-30-2014, 05:00 PM
Llilith, gratz on your NSV of no longer having a unileg :lol: I've got two separate legs now, too, it's awesome!

Would like to say hello to some threadmates I haven't seen before or haven't seen in a while : Appmom, DrivenByAmbition, Tiffany189 onward and downward : :goodluck:

CrazyCatWoman, I am getting somewhat close to my goal weight. I set mine in the middle of the BMI Overweight zone for my height. I remember being that weight and I feel I looked completely fine at it. I am concerned that weight loss will slow down the closer I get not only to goal weight but to a Normal BMI weight in general (although I personally am not aiming to be in the Normal range.) I'm keenly watching what you are experiencing and wondering if something similar will be happening to me soon-ish. Definitely keep us posted.

I did get a peek at the 180s, but I did bounce back up this morning. I won't be moving to the next thread until I'm solidly in the 180s.

I am on day five of no soda (just trying it out.) I do feel better and my face skin looks slightly better.

I go to the same grocery store every week, and one of the employees stopped me and said he was going to have to start calling me the disappearing woman.

I had an awkward encounter with someone who hadn't seen me since I lost all my weight. I ran into a fellow football mom from the football season before last (our sons used to play on the same team.) She seemed very disconcerted with my weight loss. She told me she had to do a double take to make sure I was who she thought I was. I know it can be almost upsetting for some people to see a friend look so completely different :( I instinctively apologized for looking so different, which makes no sense, but I was trying to put her at ease. I immediately rattled off my current weight in pounds which helped, because it is a borderline obese number and mentally, at least, people immediately realize you are not emaciated when they are faced with an actual number. It was one of those thankfully less-common encounters when friends are upset/unhappy you have lost weight. I understand where they are coming from, and I understand how the shock of seeing me makes them blurt out things they would normally not say out loud, but that doesn't make hearing, "But you were beautiful, BEFORE!" any easier -.- I may have stood out before because I was a morbidly obese lady who took great care with her hair and makeup and appearance which is uncommon in this small town I live in. Now I have apparently started to join the ranks of almost normal sized women where I am just one of the masses looks-wise, no longer special. I wish I could let the world know that personally, I had no issue with feeling ugly when I weighed so much more. My losing weight was not and is not a repudiation of the beauty of obese women. I rocked what I had then, and I rock what I got now. My main motivator to lose weight was health.

scarletmeshell
01-30-2014, 08:39 PM
Lilith I love your swimsuit! I also love what you said yesterday that you refuse to be apologetic in the beach. Good for you!:carrot:

lotsakids
01-31-2014, 09:48 AM
TooWicky, love the insights!

A friend emailed me that some other friends were concerned about all the weight I've lost. They thought I was ill. I am moving into to the overweight that everyone around me is, no longer the fattest woman in the room. That tends to make people uncomfortable. I am in no way thin but not huge anymore. We've all known people who were as fat or fatter than us that lost weight. I would actually avoid them, because of my own feelings of failure that they were losing and I wasn't. I am not proud of that attitude but I think owning it will help me to stay on track.

I have another friend that had weight loss surgery, she looks marvelous but I went out to lunch with her (when I was my heaviest!) and she went on and on about how much people eat and how they just don't "get it." She had the full gastric bypass because she didn't get it and was sitting there judging those who hadn't had the surgery.

Those of us who were very obese (and because of my short self will be for another 20 pounds) walk a fine line at all times. Our bodies know just how to get back up there and it is a constant daily battle to make right choices. It can be easy to look at our sisters who haven't made choices to change yet with a bit of pride but the minute I start feeling that way I know I'm headed down the wrong path. I have kept to the path because my body said no more, with diabetes and a host of other problems that the doctor called metabolic syndrome my body turned on me. Everyone who tackles obesity has to find that thing that changes them, hopefully I've found mine.

Down to 192.6 today!!

Llilith
01-31-2014, 10:29 AM
TooWicky - YAY for saying goodbye the the unileg! :)

I love love what you said here: "My losing weight was not and is not a repudiation of the beauty of obese women. I rocked what I had then, and I rock what I got now. My main motivator to lose weight was health."

What an amazing and powerful statement. It really speaks to me because sometimes when I am so happy about my progress and feeling a little vain now (cause I'm hot dammit!), I feel like I'm betraying my old self somehow. Like I'm buying into society's prejudices by finally being able to feel pretty. There were plenty of times when I felt pretty at my higher weights. But, I think the beauty radiates more from within now, because I simply feel GOOD and healthy. :-)

scarlemeshell - Thanks! I love that suit too and I am really excited to wear it.

lotsakids - Wow really? Its ironic that they were concerned about your health, when you've done so much to improve it! How is your other friend who had gastric bypass? I hope she 'gets it' now, because that is what it will take to keep the weight off long term. I think GP is just another 'tool' to help us get on track, like the phentermine. It will help in the short term, but won't stick unless you DO it yourself too. I'm so excited to still be losing after going off the phentermine. :-)

As far as your friend judging, I'm happy to say that I haven't done that. It would be easy to sit on my high chair after this progress and say "I did it, anyone can!. Why haven't you done it yet?" But I am keenly aware of how hard it is, and I feel like the planets have aligned for me finally to help me succeed. Seriously, it's a combination of many things - medication (thyroid, anti depressant, blood sugar meds, phen for the first 6 months) and environment. When I was very fat, I was married to a man who was quite negative and verbally abusive, and I was very unhealthy. I hadn't sought out a doctor who could really "get it" and help me. So I know that it isn't just something you wake up and decide to do one day, at least for me. I'm grateful that all the pieces are in place now for me to get healthy. I do wish it happened before I was older though. I'm going to be 46 this month, and I feel prettier and healthier than I have in 25 years.

I GOT TO MOVE MY TICKER TODAY, after 3 weeks bouncing between 191.8 and 195!! Today, I am 190 - one more goal met now on to the next one. :-) 185 squats today too… crazy.

lotsakids
01-31-2014, 10:49 AM
Llilith, I don't know that she gets it yet. We both have a friend who has not one but two GB surgeries and still struggles with the amount she eats. My friend is competitive and I think that is what motivates her so maybe that will be enough to keep her going. She really looks amazing now and it was really hard not to be jealous of her when I saw her. She has had all kinds of issues with the surgery though so I'm glad I'm not going there, though had I access to insurance that would pay for it I'm sure I would have considered it.

scarletmeshell
01-31-2014, 11:20 AM
I have never been nor will ever be someone that judges others about their wieght. I have one friend that has had her own weight stuggles and is very supportive. Another friend that has lost wieght and has never once acknowleged my wieght loss but tells me what I need to be doing all the time. I just have to accept her how she is.

jennybutler357
01-31-2014, 12:34 PM
Wow, such a lot of great insightful posts these last couple days from TooWicky, lotsakids and Llilith, it's really great to read what you all have to say, it's really made me think, and all this time I've been going too. Sometimes I'm thinking something and don't quite know how to put it into words but then I read your posts and often you've gone through the same thing or you've said something that's really hit home, and you've hit exactly on what I was thinking and said it always so eloquently and often humorously too - so, thank you to everyone whose posts I have read, you are all very inspiring!!

Llilith - love love love the bathing suit, it's such a hot color and a great shape too, I think you'll look fabulous in it!!! And well done on the squats!! And, I think I forgot to congratulate you on still losing after phentermine - proof that it IS possible despite what people think, as long as you work hard which is 200% what you have done, well done!!!

I completed my January exercise challenge today, this is what I did each day of January....

1. Gym workout
2. Pilates class and 20 minute cycle
3. Gym workout
4. Bodypump class
5. Gym workout
6. Gym workout
7. Pilates class
8. 30 mins of weights at the gym
9. Pilates class
10. Gym workout
11. Bodypump class
12. Gym workout
13. Yoga class
14. Pilates class
15. Gym workout
16. Pilates class
17. Gym workout
18. Bodypump Class
19. Gym workout
20. Family bike ride (2 hours) and 30 mins arm weights at the gym
21. Pilates class
22. Gym workout
23. Pilates class
24. Gym workout
25. Bodypump class
26. Gym workout
27. Yoga class
28. Pilates class
29. Gym workout
30. Bodypump class
31. Yoga class

Woop! I made it!! Next month I'm going to keep going at least 4 times a week and I thought I might give up coffee for February too and just drink water and green tea. I'm not a big coffee drinker so it's a bit of a cheat but I guess I will miss it if I can't have it. I also weighed today and I lost 1.5lbs since Monday!! I think I was retaining water so that's why it was a small loss from last week on Monday but I'm super happy to finish the month this way! I hoped to lose a couple more pounds this month when I started but now I'm here I'm very pleased with losing 7.7lbs altogether!!

Have a great weekend y'all!!

jennybutler357
01-31-2014, 12:36 PM
PS - TooWicky - "Unileg" - hahahahhahahahaha!!! I lost mine too, lololol so funny!!

lotsakids
02-01-2014, 11:20 AM
Jenny!! Great job on working out every day in January. I work out 6 days a week giving myself Sunday's off. Not nearly as exciting a workout as yours, mine is with Leslie Sansone or the treadmill. I love walking outside and can't wait (as I watch yet another snowstorm outside) until it is nice enough to go walking out there again! I do some other things but mostly spur of the moment (hey I should run up and down the stairs a couple of times) things. The only thing I count is my walk. 128 miles so far into 2014! I'm doing the 1000 mile challenge.

TooWicky
02-01-2014, 10:01 PM
Congratulations Llilith, jennybutler357, lotsakids on your losses :carrot: jenny, also WOW at your fitness report for January!! Amazing dedication

scarletmeshell, I completely agree about accepting friends as they are, at whatever weight they are. One of the other moms brought home-baked cookies to our daughters' Girl Scout meeting last night. All the moms were standing in a big group when she came around with her Tupperware container and offered each of us one or more cookies. I was the only one who refused, but they are aware I am dieting and unfortunately that late in the day, I didn't have the calories to spare and indulge. The gal who got two cookies before I refused some is def morbidly obese and she kind of gave me the side-eye when I passed on the cookies after she didn't. I wanted to send her a telepathic message that I think she's awesome and beautiful and to feel free to live her life as she sees fit.

I got a new scale! It looks like a technological marvel from the future compared to our old ancient current scale. The old and new scales weigh within a ½ lbs of each other, so that's a relief. The old scale works fine, but my husband and I have been ninja-ing and stealing and silently restealing it from each other for 10 months, lol, it's been scale wars! I weigh in the master bath, which I've sort of taken over, and he weighs in the basement bathroom where he gets ready. Now we each have our own scale.

I also got a kitchen scale for the first time ever. I would like to transition a bit from easy-to-count-calories, prepackaged, prepared foods to fresh foods I make myself. I hope the scale will help me determine calories of ingredients. Wish me luck I'm a pretty terrible cook, but I'm getting burnt out on my "diet food" and need some variety.

My weight has been slightly up from my peek at 180-something. This morning I weighed in at 190½. I have made an adjustment in calories upward (adding 100 calories per day to be 1500 calories/day) and am trying that out. I have been losing weight at a rate of 2 lbs/week and would like to slow that down to 1 lbs/week as I am in the home stretch toward goal and also starting fitness/exercise for the first time. These adjustments are an experiment that I plan on trying for 2-3 weeks to see if my weight stalls, increases, or drops.

scarletmeshell
02-01-2014, 11:04 PM
Jenny! You are my hero!

Donna, I love to walk too. The weather is bad here. I need to to something inside at home. I like to go to the mall and walk but right now it is to bad to even get there.

TooWicky, I am thinking about getting a new scale. I like the one I have but sometimes it doesn't want to wake up and work!

What is everyone doing for Super Bowl?

CrazyCatWoman
02-02-2014, 01:29 AM
Hi everyone

Interesting what everyone is writing about their responses to others..... I think I don't pay much attention to what other look like, nor what they eat as I have been too focused on myself and my loathing of taking the extra cookie in the past. Now I am left with the feeling of 'how on earth did I ever get to be so huge' and am investing a lot of energy into trying to accept myself. I love the new me, but connecting her to the old me is hard. But I was the same about the drinking alcoholic me after I had been in recovery for a while! So reading about everyone else's compassion is really interesting and helpful.

My weight has dropped a bit thanks to, erm, a bit of a clearance of constipation. I' m now at 181lbs but won't change the ticker yet.

My rate of weightloss now is weird. Maybe due to constipation, maybe due to my body not getting enough calories (a friend suggested that but I am not so sure) and maybe due to muscular toning. Now, I have decided to take a few days off from the gym, and yesterday I felt fantastically relaxed. But I am looking forward to getting going again tomorrow morning. I ran 10 laps of an indoor running track on Thursday - my longest continuous run ever so that felt great. It's too snowy and cold to run outside at the moment here.

Have a great superbowl day . not that I have any clue what that entails!

HuggerBunny
02-02-2014, 07:52 PM
Love this thread! Everyone's so supportive and insightful :D Congrats to everyone for their efforts so far!

First of all, Lotsakids, I love the idea of stinkin' thinkin'. That's a good way of putting it.

TooWicky, I know this was a few days ago, but that's really interesting about your friend being disconcerted by your weight loss. This might sound completely AWFUL and I hope you all will forgive me for this. My mother, who I adore, has struggled with her weight her entire life. Even when I was very small, she'd complain about being fat and ugly and I'd of course say she was beautiful, because what child doesn't think their mother is beautiful? She was never morbidly obese, but definitely in the obese category as I grew up, minus about a year in the mid 90s when she was taking fen phen (I was about 10 years old). When I got married in 2010, she finally found whatever worked for her because she wanted to look good at the wedding, lost a good amount of weight, and has kept it off now for a bit over 3 years. She's still probably a little overweight, but has definitely gone down. I know it's much healthier for her this way and am very pleased that she's happier with her looks and that she's eating better now (she used to not eat, not eat, not eat, then binge on ice cream or cheese or something, now she actually eats fruit and veggies and protein and stuff EVERY DAY!). However, I will admit to you all... I miss how she looked before. Would never ever EVER tell her this, but I only see her once a year because we live far apart and it's still kind of jarring every time. My entire life she looked a certain way and I loved how she looked, now she looks like a different person. Her face seems gaunt. I know it's not, it's just so different than it was- she's not under weight or anything. I'm quite certain that I've never projected anything other than happiness for her weight loss, and I am very happy about it because I want her to be happy and (more importantly) healthy.

Anyway, I am down 1 more pound this week. 193. That's a loss of 27 pounds so far. Only one person has commented on my weight loss, and that was the parent of a child I work with back at the beginning of December when I was down about 15 pounds. My clothes all still fit. My pants have definitely gotten looser and I've had to tighten my belt by many notches (used to be on the first hole, now I only have 1 hole left), and I noticed that one zip up jacket I wear is quite baggy, but everything else fits okay still. It's actually fine with me that I've only gotten 1 comment, because comments about my weight make me feel really awkward! But I do find it interesting. I realize that when a person has a substantial amount to lose, they have to lose quite a bit at first to make a visual difference, but I kinda thought it would happen by now! I want to lose 70 pounds and am only 8 pounds away from being half way there.

I wonder if part of it is how I carry my weight. Many people carry their weight in a visually appealing way. I am not one of them, seriously. My face fattens up very easily and my facial structure is just naturally round. Even when I weighed about 100, my face was still round and I started getting a double chin at about 110 pounds. Even as a 100 pound 19 year old who was half a percentage point away from being in the underweight category according to the BMI calculator (no eating disorders or anything, don't worry- I spent a lot of time working out and lifting weights), I had a fat roll around my belly, the same as a lot of other women that weigh say 50 pounds more than that. Part of this may be because of my PCOS and even as a teen I carried most of my weight around my belly, so at 100 pounds what little fat I had was stored there! Heck, even now, my legs and arms are pretty darned skinny and my butt isn't especially big, either. For my height, I also have very long legs but a short torso, so all my belly fat is crammed into a small vertical space.

In any case, what I'm getting at is that I think maybe people look at faces and bellies when they're mentally forming (unconsciously or not) how large someone is, and both of those areas are the places I tend to accumulate fat easily and carry it in a not so nice looking way.

Hope this doesn't seem too negative. I've long accepted that I'll never be a gorgeous lady or anything, it's just not in the cards. My husband loves me and I'm taking care of myself, that's what matters to me as far as looks go.

TooWicky
02-02-2014, 11:55 PM
HuggerBunny, oh I know what you mean :( It's like the person they knew and cared about went *poof* and someone else is standing in their place! It does take some people some time to come to terms with the new me. My current circle of friends and neighbors only ever knew me as morbidly obese, so my current form is pretty shocking. Likewise, they mean a lot to me, and I would never want to make them feel bad about "missing" me, which is what they mean when I see that involuntary look of lamentation on their faces.

I just got home from the carnival themed party at my work where I was assigned to be the surprise fortune teller. I got a surprise of my own over a week ago when I was told that I wouldn't be reading tarot cards (which I don't even know anyway) because that might make some of our more religious employees very uncomfortable (I live in the bible belt.) I was totally okay with that decision because I definitely want everyone at maximum comfort level and enjoying themselves. So anyway, I thought my fortune telling gig was cancelled, but I was informed a couple of days ago that I was BACK ON and that I would be sort of a gag fortune teller reading a Magic 8 Ball, lololol, amg! So I felt a lot of pressure to ham it up, tell one liners and zingers, make funny comments, ad lib, you name it to make the gag fortune reading entertaining. Beforehand I made a quick sign to play off the Magic 8 Ball that said, "MADAME ZORGA'S FORTUNES - 4 WORDS OR LESS." I had like 20 people watching me every time I "read" a fortune!! It was mega embarrassing, but, psht, I delivered and had them laughing even though inside I was thinking Get-Me-Outta-Here. The point of this long story is that I posed for a lot of pictures and got pictures taken of me and I didn't even care! I have avoided the camera for 16 years *tears* I'm so happy to be rejoining the world, even if it's as my Madame Zorga alter ego :belly: I changed my profile pic to my fortune teller personae in celebration.

HuggerBunny
02-03-2014, 12:04 AM
TooWicky, you seem very caring!

Glad to hear your fortune telling gig went well, even if it was kind of stressful :D Love your outfit!!

scarletmeshell
02-03-2014, 08:14 AM
TooWicky! Love your Madame Zorga picture!
I am down a pound this week. I wish it was more.
I have a fun NSV. Jenny has inspired me. I am really bad at not exercising. But Jenny worked out every day. Surely I can do better.
I am taking an online Roman Archetecture course. I spend a lot of time watching lectures and taking notes. So I decided to put that time to good use. I have an exercise bike that is just the pedal part. You can put it on the floor and pedal with your feet or on a table and pedal witht your hands. I set myselp up and pedaled with my feet. I stopped when I had to take notes but I hope to work up to being able to write and pedal at the same time. My daughter thought the specticle of all of this very funny and our dog didn't know what to make of it. I am sore today which lets me know I am on the right track. I intend to pedal myself all around my vitual tour of ancient Roma!

lotsakids
02-03-2014, 11:30 AM
errrrgggghhhh... way up today. 195.8!!! Yesterday it was 192.8. I know some of it is super bowl, not drinking enough water bloat and um... well other things but 4 pounds since Saturday?

Whine over, back to work... drinking a lot and hoping for all kinds of movement! :)

jennybutler357
02-03-2014, 03:44 PM
Hey everyone!!

Lotsakids - love the idea of 1000 miles over the year, you're doing great to have passed the 100 mark already, especially with snow storms outside - I'm sure you'll hit your target easily - good luck!!

Thanks scarletmeshell for saying I inspired you, that is very touching!! Your course and cycling tour of Rome sounds great - getting your mind and body in shape at the same time - I love it!!! I may have let y'all down as I didn't go to the gym on Saturday, although yesterday I did, but I did also start a new challenge as well as not drinking coffee - inspired by Llilith's hundreds of squats I decided to do 50 on Saturday and add 5 extra each day so by the end of the month I'll be doing about 180 I think - yikes!!

Hi HuggerBunny - doing great!! And it's interesting to read about your mom, I had the same thing happen with a friend when I was younger and I wondered at the time if it was jealousy and I felt bad for it but I guess it was a little of both. Anyways, I'm glad to hear she's kept the weight off long term - I like hearing success stories like that, it gives me a lot of hope that it's possible!

TooWicky - I love your costume and your act sounds amazing!!

Down a pound today from Friday!! Starting my 'February Weight Challenge' today - I'm aiming for a 7 pound loss from Friday's 194 which will take me into the 180s - argghhh! I can't believe I'm writing these numbers!!

TooWicky
02-04-2014, 12:58 AM
Congratz scarletmeshell , CrazyCatWoman, HuggerBunny, and jennybutler357 on your recent weight loss :cheer:

lotsakids, hang in there, that gain sounds definitely like water retention so give it a few days to clear out. It always takes me 2 to 3 days of straight mega water consumption to clear out water retention. Chinese food is the usual culprit with me.

HuggerBunny, people started to notice I had lost weight at 25 lbs. Really close friends maybe a bit sooner than that. I predict you will start to get a whole lot of comments in the next 10 lbs! I'm trying to think back... I think people were not really noticing I had lost weight because, well, I know this sounds wacko, but I expected to lose weight in my stomach first because it was the biggest part of me (I was/am apple shaped.) But instead, I lost it all over equally. I was the same shape and proportion, just slightly smaller all over. Most people just saw that I was the same overall shape and didn't notice I had lost weight early on. At 25 lbs. lost, my shape finally started to change a little (less in the middle proportionally speaking.) After that, everyone started to notice!

My weekly weigh-in was this morning (190 lbs,) and I was ½ lbs up from the lowest weight I saw during the week (the infamous 189½ lbs.) However, I was ½ lbs down from last week's Monday weigh-in (190½ lbs.) So barely a loss, but still an "official" loss - I'm not complaining.

scarletmeshell
02-04-2014, 10:25 AM
196.6 this morning. I am pretty happy about this. I have been eating a few more calories and I think that is a good thing.
Jenny, you didn't let us down! You are allowed to skip a day.
HuggerBunny, that is interesting what you said about your mom. I never really thought about how it could take some time to get used to someone that is smaller.
TooWicky, what does Madame Zorga say about our future?
I'm off to pedal around ancient Rome!

CrazyCatWoman
02-04-2014, 01:04 PM
Hi All

HuggerBunny - hi there - really interesting what you write. It immediately reminded me of my own experience, 30 years ago when my mother became critically ill and lost a dramatic amount of weight in the space of two weeks. That had a big impact on me, and I now realise that I associated weightloss with illness. It has taken me years to work that one out, and I guess I just so wanted the larger, healthier version of her back I hung onto the association. She did recover, and regained a good amount of weight.

Also, I have had a friend say to me that she is having to get to know the new visual image of me. I am a teacher and have always had a physically large presence in the classroom. And even though my voice is the same, I look so different, people have had to get used to the new me. To hear that was bizarre. To me I am just me, but also I have no concept of what size I am -in my head or in reality!

Scarletmeshell -I love the tour of Roma by stationary bike. I wish I could go somewhere like that on the treadmill!

And yes, MadameZorga, please tell us about our collective futures!

lotsakids
02-04-2014, 02:16 PM
ack!! up another pound. I am not over eating and I am working out. I um... well am kind of stopped up so that may be the problem.

I measured today and have lost 7 inches since last month so I will be patient and drink water.

HuggerBunny
02-05-2014, 05:17 AM
The one thing I can say in regards to my mom's weight loss is that I'm definitely not jealous :) I'm quite happy for her, it's just kind of hard I guess when someone looks so different. She looked so... soft and cozy before, for lack of a better description. One thing I have been thinking about the past couple of days is how it's a shame that I've always thought my mom was beautiful (in the past and now), but she's made it abundantly clear ever since I was about 11 that she's displeased with my looks and/or weight. Even as a skinny teen, she'd say I looked disgusting if my clothes were too tight in her opinion (mind you, I'm quite modest and have never worn tight or revealing clothing). It seems sad that a daughter can think her mother is beautiful and love how she looks no matter what, but the mother can't think the same thing about her daughter. Part of it may be that we look VERY similar- there's no doubt that we're mother and daughter. She has a very bad body image and thinks she's ugly, sooo...

Anyway, thanks for the thoughts, everyone :D Sorry if I brought the thread down. CrazyCatWoman, it's interesting, isn't it? I'm in my late 20s and have been overweight for about 7 years of my life. I know I'm fat, but I still feel like I always did. Many of the people in my life are people I've met since I gained weight, so of course they've only seen me as a large girl. It's so odd. I can now tighten my belt by several more notches, but of course it doesn't feel any tighter than it did when I wore it a few months ago!

What you (CrazyCatWoman) wrote about your mom is interesting, I think it's a matter of perspective. My father-in-law is overweight and we see him and my mother-in-law 3 or so times a year. Around this time last year, we saw them. My father-in-law had lost weight because he was under stress at work and was at a healthy weight for the first time since I've known him. He probably lost about 30 pounds in a few months (he wasn't obese to start with). My husband and I actually thought he looked great, but my mother-in-law was absolutely losing her mind over it and constantly trying to shovel as much high calorie, high fat food down his throat as possible because she thought he was wasting away. Of course losing weight from stress isn't so good, but it would have been best for his health if he'd kept it off. When the work stress went away, he gained the weight back and looked the same as he always had about 3 months later.

TooWicks, you're probably right about how the fat is being lost. I'll bet it is from all around my body, so it doesn't look as dramatic. I've lost almost 30 pounds, it has to have come off somewhere, you'd think it would be noticeable by now! I will report back if I start getting any comments :) Really, I'm losing weight first of all for health reasons, second because I want to have a baby, and in a very distant third because I'd like to be thinner from an aesthetic point of view. Not really too bothered by it, but it will be a nice side effect.

Anyway, loving this thread! Lotsakids, I'll bet that weight will go away when... things... normalize :) 7 inches down in a month, very impressive!

Scarletmeshell, congrats on the loss :D

scarletmeshell
02-05-2014, 08:33 AM
Hello Everyone! The scale is stuck. I guess that happens to all of us. I rode my exercise bike for a hour yesterday! I can't eat any less either. Did anyone watche The Biggest Loser last night? It was concerning.

lotsakids
02-05-2014, 10:15 AM
still up just not as up as yesterday. Hopefully I'll figure this thing out. I changed up some of my exercise adding in some strength training. Not sure what to do otherwise, I felt kind of yucky last night so I didn't eat dinner. My blood sugar has been running high this week too. I think I may have to go to the doctor and get my meds adjusted.

Llilith
02-05-2014, 11:51 AM
lotsakids - It's so great that you've done it without the surgery! It's hard, but man that surgery is intense. I've been recording My 600 Pound Life, and wow - those people go through some pain and struggles to get the weight off. There really is no quick fix, not surgery, not phentermine, just some tools that helps and lots of hard work. Even that surgery doesn't guarantee success unless habits change.

1000 mile challenge? That is awesome! I love the idea of the spur of the moment exercises, that's really cool. Stairs are good. I wish we had 'em.

scarletmeshell - I agree. Having lived it, I know just how hard it is so I can't judge either. I do feel sad for people who haven't gotten to the point of getting healthy yet, but I know it's so hard. It took me so long to make up my mind to do it. I have a couple friends and even some family that don't really mention or acknowledge my loss - I'm not sure why, but I guess I'm not doing this for their approval. Yay for 196.6! Rock on with your bad self. :)

jennybutler357 - right back at you! I really love the support on this board... such a great group of people and it's amazing how our stories are all so similar, yet different in enough ways to show us new perspectives. Thanks for your kind words! I'm really excited about the bathing suit... it should be here today. :-) And thank you for what you said about the phentermine! It's harder now, but certainly doable. I'm glad I had the tool to get me started. :-)

WOW! You rocked the exercise in January, and a 7.7 pound loss? Congratulations on sticking with it!!! yay

Toowicky - you are beautiful in your new pic! Love the head wrap and you look so HAPPY and HEALTHY. :) I bet the fortune telling was fun! I have tarot cards and it's pretty complicated for a carnival. The magic 8 ball was probably a way better lighthearted prop. :-) Go Madame Zorga! I'm so happy for you that you could have pictures taken and be comfortable. Rejoin the world - that's a neat way to put it and I can totally relate.

Yay for your new scale! I use my kitchen scale a lot, too. The Loseit app has a think called recipe builder where you can add recipe ingredients and it will give you the total then you divide by servings. That's what I use now so I know exactly what to put down.

I have increased my calories too. 1200 is still my goal, but I don't worry if I get to 1400 or 1500 some days. At some point, we have to transition this to a live-able number for the rest of our lives - lest we end up with a lot to lose again.

And good for you for sending the positive vibe to the other mom at the GS meeting. That was such an awesome thing you said! It's sad that she was probably hearing pretty mean self talk when she saw your healthy choice.

CrazyCatWoman - Say it sister! I totally hear you on reconciling the new me with my old self. It's hard. I don't want to shame myself for where I ended up, but it is easy to do if I am not careful. 181!!! Rock on - that is awesome! Yay for pooping. :D

HuggerBunny - What you said about your mom made me tear up a bit. First, because she had the negative self talk, which probably affected how your weight developed. I know it did for me. My mom was the same way. She was quite thin, but mostly because she starved herself. I'm pretty sure now that she was anorexic at least during some phases of her life. And, it reminded me of my daughter and I the other day. She is 18, and we hugged the other day and she said "you aren't a pillow anymore". I realized that my cushiness was probably comforting in a way, because I was always that way for her whole life. She's been doing a lot of negative self talk about her own weight and I wish I could take back all the times I said I was fat and ugly and just make her know that she is beautiful just the way she is. I tell her all the time, but I think she doesn't believe me.

YAY for 27 pounds gone. That is 108 sticks of butter! I'm sure it is noticable :-) Other people just don't pay as much attention to us as we do to ourselves, I think. Round faces are beautiful too! you can have a round face without being overweight even. :-) Your long legs are a plus, when it comes to appearing thinner too, I bet. Have you considered a new hair style? There are so many cute styles that compliment round faces and you could try something completely new to celebrate your loss so far and maybe feel more beautiful? Feeling beautiful is important! Because we radiate our beauty from the inside. :)

Wow, I wrote a novel up there haha! That will teach me to not check in for several days! I am 189.6 today, that's my first ever peak at 180's. YAY! Learned a tough lesson at the mall the other day. I was starving when I went so I got a bagel dog, and thought how bad can it be? I thought about just eating half but I ate the whole damn thing and later learned it was 500 calories. JEEZ. I had pineapple for dinner to stay within budget LOL. I'm glad this squat challenge is almost over. Yesterday was 225, and I had to break it into about 6 chunks to get it done. Thank goodness today is a rest day!

lotsakids
02-05-2014, 05:46 PM
Llilith!!! you broke into the 180's!!!! Whoo Hoo! I did 50 squats yesterday and my legs hurt today! I can't even imagine 225!!

Llilith
02-05-2014, 06:14 PM
Thanks :-) My legs hurt like **** for about two days - like so bad I could hardly sit down to pee LOL. But, after I did them for a few days, it didn't hurt. If you do them for a couple more days, it won't be so bad after the first two days or so. :)

Here's the funny thing, I was all excited cause I thought today was a rest day in the squat challenge. Then I looked at the chart. 230 :(:(. I finally got them done, but I had to split it into about 8 sessions. It is hard when it gets to this many. There are only three days left in the challenge and then I'm gonna scale back to 50 per day.

DrivenByAmbition
02-05-2014, 09:00 PM
191.1 today official weigh in tomorrow.

jennybutler357
02-06-2014, 10:20 AM
Llilith – 230 squats!! I’ve been adding 5 extra per day so today was 70 – that was hard enough, can’t imagine over THREE time that amount!! Well done for keeping it up so long! And a glimpse of the 180s – incredible!!

lotsakids, hope you’re feeling better – did you go to the doctor? 7 inches lost is great – well done!!

Well done DrivenByAmbition! Very close to your Valentine’s Day challenge weight!!

scarletmeshell, keep peddling!! Even if the scale doesn’t appreciate your hard work, your legs will I’m sure!!

HuggerBunny, I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to insinuate you were jealous of your mom if that's what you thought I was saying? I meant that just as by myself, my own feelings towards a friend who was able to lose weight when I had tried and failed so many times. Now I realize how hard she must have worked, jealousy is the last thought I have for her.

I think we just get used to how people are. I know it’s not really the same thing but my uncle had a beard from before I was born until about 10 years ago and now I see him without it I can barely recognize him, even now I should be used to it, but he looks quite thin underneath all the face fuzz - in my head he has a beard, it’s just how he is to me.

It’s interesting what you say CrazyCatWoman about how you associate losing weight with illness though, I think those kinds of thoughts stay with us and are extremely hard to shake.

I am feeling very achy today after a combination of squats and new pilates exercises - the instructor had us working out with those swiss balls today and on Tuesday – I am still hurting on the inner thigh area from having to have the ball in between my legs and push in with my knees, and today I discovered I have no balance and kept on falling off the ball when trying to do this one exercise, but no one could do it so it wasn’t too embarrassing. Oddly, my left leg hurts more than my right, maybe I have lopsided muscles or something?!

lotsakids
02-06-2014, 10:25 AM
ouch... yesterday I did my 5 miles of walking with Leslie and then did 20 minutes of Zumba.... ouch ouch ouch... my legs hurt so bad! Anyway down a bit more today 194- lots of water! I need to make sure I drink enough especially after exercise. I'm hardly sore today :) time to do it again~~

TooWicky
02-06-2014, 02:40 PM
Quick check in, more later, but :woohoo: on seeing the 180s, Llilith!!

DrivenByAmbition
02-07-2014, 04:04 PM
I'm out ;) !!! Can't wait to see you guys again in the 180s, and 170s, and so on! You can do it!

lotsakids
02-07-2014, 04:17 PM
Good Job Driven!

I am still stuck at 194, I dropped like a stone to 191 and I think this is bounce back from losing really fast. My food is good, my exercise is good. Going to keep on keeping on~

DrivenByAmbition
02-07-2014, 04:30 PM
lotsakids, you will get there. Hope the woosh fairy visits you soon!

scarletmeshell
02-08-2014, 09:49 AM
Gosh I am still stuck too. I am not sure about my scale either. It is about 6 months old but didn't cost much. Now when I get on the scale it is all over the place and no readings the same. Today I weighed between 195-200! Not sure what to do. I can't buy a new scale when I don't like what it says! I can not eat any less.

lotsakids
02-08-2014, 10:04 AM
I'm down to 192 this morning, keep doing what you are doing Scarlett. Maybe a little change in the diet. I ate more the last couple of days, keeping my eating to 3 hour intervals.

kabaker
02-08-2014, 11:35 AM
Hey everyone! Joining in this thread while I get out of the 190s, hopefully its quick since I am in the low 190s. I love seeing everyone's progress, this is great!

lotsakids
02-08-2014, 08:14 PM
welcome Kabaker!

TooWicky
02-08-2014, 08:45 PM
:bravo: DrivenByAmbition! We hope to see you in the next thread soon :)

:welcome: kabaker

scarletmeshell, I'm sure you already tried this, but I hear scale readings start to go bonkers when the batteries start dying - have you tried swapping them out? Switching topics, I do not watch the Biggest Loser, but your comment earlier in the thread had me seeing what happened on that last episode. Quite disturbing! I don't want to say more in case it would be a spoiler for some, although it's been in the news and whatnot.

lotsakids, great news on pushing thru 194 to 192. My weight is bouncing around and not dependable yet as far as staying in the 180s. I did hit a new low (189.2) but not sure if it will stay that low day-to-day. I don't miss it for real, but I kinda miss how when I was much, much heavier and dieting, I seemed to lose a tiny bit of weight every time I stepped on the scale. Since I am closer to a normal weight now, the losses are smaller and more difficult to get.

NSV - I WEIGH LESS THAN MY HUSBAND.

Not a victory - I've been sloppy counting calories. I have been extremely hungry the last week and have gone over daily calories here and there. I wanted to eat a huge bowl i.e. double serving of chili, with cheese and Fritos™ on it at almost midnight with no calories left for the day. I had to fix my "emergency snack plate™" that I deploy when I'm about to lose a will power battle in a particularly egregious manner. This is not a particularly appetizing plate and it doesn't make sense taste-wise, but it keeps me busy crunching for a while and helps me to feel full: pile of dill pickles, lots of chopped celery, a dollop of PB2 for dipping, and a ½ side of bbq cracker chips, and a bottle of water. It ends up being just over 100 calories.

I'm entering a stage when I am happy with more conservative weekly weight loss as I approach my target weight. I think I'm trying to soft land into maintainence in the next few months. We will see how it goes!

kabaker
02-09-2014, 12:01 PM
TOOWICKY- I love the idea of an emergency snack plate. I am so going to have to get one together for the times when I am about to lose my willpower. Its a great idea.

CrazyCatWoman
02-09-2014, 12:30 PM
Hi all!

Looks like more are about to jump into the 180's thread - it might liven it up!

I have hopefully kicked my plateau, and need to accept the rate of loss is less than it was as I approach target. And then I get to thinking about how I decided on that target, and what will it mean getting there ? I picked a number that still leaves me with an overweight BMI, but which I think is reasonable. I still feel I have another 7kg to go and then will be in true maintenance. Wow. This feels weird.

How did everyone here pick their targets ?

A, sort of, NSV - maybe a non-scale-pyrrhic-victory: I tried cross-country skiing again. I am hopeless at it thanks to poor balance and coordination but a friend persuaded me to have a lesson with her and an expert. Well, the expert kept saying my skies weren't gliding properly and couldn't work out why. Well, it turns out that skis are matched to weight, and I bought them three years ago! No way could I ski properly on them now!

HuggerBunny
02-09-2014, 07:16 PM
Sorry, I know all this was said a few days ago-

JennyButler: I didn't think you were accusing me of being jealous of my mom :D I just wanted to clarify is all.

Llilith: I agree, not talking badly about one's weight or looks in front of children (boy or girl, but especially girl) is SO important. My mom was so very hard on herself in front of me and it most definitely had a negative impact on me. If I'm ever lucky enough to have children, one thing I plan to do is not speak poorly of my looks/weight/whatever in front of them. I actually don't do this anyway so it won't be a habit I need to change, but I really don't want to start doing it. Of course mothers don't do it thinking it will be bad for their children to hear, but it really is. Also, your daughter saying you felt like a pillow before is a very good way of describing how I feel about my mom. Pillows are soft and cuddly and cozy and good. Weird as it may sound, that's how my mom was like to me before. Not that I do any cuddling with her as an adult, but I was a very snuggly child!

TooWicky, congrats on weighing less than your husband now! I do, too, by a couple of pounds. It's nice for some reason. He's several inches taller than me and a bean pole. Yes, we're a goofy looking couple with a super tall, super skinny guy and a short, fat woman- I was like this when he married me so it wasn't a surprise or anything.

Also, good job on not giving in to your food cravings!! The Frito Pie sounds super yummy to me. We lived in Texas when I was a kid and I had my fair share of Fritos with chili and cheese, they even had it at kids' menus at restaurants. About once a year now I make it, just because. We almost always have tortilla chips because they're one of my husband's snacks of choice, but he's not a fan of Fritos (too thick I think), so if I want Frito Pie, I have to specifically plan to buy a bag of Fritos. For me, if I feel really strongly like I want to eat something I shouldn't, I do one of a variety of things depending on what I want. Much of the time I just power through. But if it's something we have on hand, I just have a little bite. Like a bite of my husband's pizza or one cracker, or if I want something sweet then a little square of chocolate. This has worked out surprisingly well for me. If I really want something carbohydrate laden and it's time for breakfast or lunch, I bust out the low carb tortillas and make a quesadilla in the toaster :D

Last of all, I'm down 2 pounds this week! 193 to 191. My scale was freaking out and kept saying I'd lost 3 pounds and am at 190, but finally it gave me 191 exactly and that's what I'm going with. Suppose I could have truly lost 3 pounds this week, but I'm skeptical. Looks like I'll be going into the 180s thread in a week or so, yay :) Also it looks like I'll probably make my goal of 190 by Valentine's Day.

I'll definitely be weighing myself in the MORNING because Valentine's Day is a celebration day for me, which means eating what I want. I'm planning to make scones for breakfast, eat healthy during the day (and send the rest of the scones to work with my husband), then we're going out for dinner and I'm going to make cookies for dessert when we get home. AND a pitcher of sangria. Oh, yes. Leftover cookies will go to work with my husband as well and he'll have most of the sangria, I'm not much of a drinker :)

CrazyCatWoman, it definitely makes sense that you are losing more slowly as you approach your goal! As long as the number's going down, I think you're in good shape!

To answer your question about target weight, I picked 150. That's a loss of 70 pounds for me. My primary motivation 150 is what I weighed 8 years ago, and my health was just fine then. My reason for losing weight is about 45% because of health concerns (I want to live a long time and keep my uterus), 45% because we really want a baby (my reproductive system is all messed up and I haven't ovulated/menstruated properly in years), and 10% because I just want to be skinnier. I think it was around 160-170 when my periods started getting messed up. Hopefully when I get to 150, I will be at a low enough weight that my period will normalize and I'll ovulate, and I'll be at a healthy weight for pregnancy. I really don't want to put my baby or myself in danger by being too overweight.

In all honesty, I'd like to get to lower than 150. Probably about 135 or wherever my body stops shedding weight based on what I consider to be healthy and reasonable eating and exercising habits. 150 is my big goal though and I will heave a sigh of relief when I get down to it.

scarletmeshell
02-10-2014, 10:08 AM
Hello Everyone!
195.6 today, maybe! My scale is still acting wierd even with the battery change. I am so glad no one is watching me hopping on and off the scale naked in the mornings!

TooWicky
02-10-2014, 10:53 AM
Hi guys!

My official weigh-in day was this morning - 189.8 lbs. - a teeny tiny .2 lbs lighter than last week. Although this represents a slight bounce-up from the lows I saw during the week, this is the very first official weigh-in day I have had in the 180s, so that's somewhat encouraging.

:dust:, everyone!

lotsakids
02-10-2014, 11:02 AM
Whoo Hoo TooWicky!!! congrats!!

Scarlett I do the naked scale jumping every morning too.

and I'm up to 194.2 again.... I usually weigh more on Monday though because of the weekend. I don't eat more or differently but because we spend the day at church 9 am - to 8 pm. I don't drink enough or move enough. The water there is yucky, I think next week I'm going to bring my own from home. I am spoiled by my well water I think!!

kabaker
02-10-2014, 12:12 PM
Great job Toowicky! Even if it wasn't a significant loss for the week its still awesome that you were in the 180s!

Llilith
02-11-2014, 11:21 AM
Welcome kabaker!

TooWicky - less than hubby? nice! I asked Mr. Lllilith what I had to weigh before he would carry me down the hall. LMAO. I just got a look, so we'll see. :P

I have had a hard few days too. We got a big snowstorm here in the Pacific Northwest, and I made bread. Oh glorious wonderful bread. How I have missed you!! Anyway, it hasn't been good for me and I was 191 yesterday. I didn't go very overboard and stayed within calories but I know that the best diet isn't bread for breakfast and bread for lunch - with BUTTER. sigh. Buy, boy was it good.

I finished the squat challenge and compared side by side butt pics. OMG there is a noticeable difference - so much so that I've committed to 100 per day from now on. :) I started a 30-day plank challenge yesterday - it starts with 30 seconds and works up to 3 minutes by the end. So far so good - I didn't have much trouble doing 30 seconds.

I really, really want to be 185 by my birthday (Feb 22). I'm not sure if I'll get there but it will really make me smile if I do. :-)

Yet another reason to get in shape - behind daughters wedding and hawaii trip: I talked hubby into going to Motley Crue this summer. Oh wow, there are going to be so many inappropriately dressed 40+ women there haha. I plan to be one of them. :):)

Paulitens
02-11-2014, 03:25 PM
Hello, ladies! I just left the 200s last week and I am 196 and SO ready to leave the 190s!! LIKE... RIGHT NOW! So excited!!!

:broc::broc::broc:

TooWicky
02-11-2014, 08:01 PM
:welcome2: Paulitens!

CrazyCatWoman, I am totally ignorant of wintertime pursuits - I would never have known skis were weighted to the user. Have you made plans to purchase new skis? We get all sorts of new stuff when we lose weight :D

Llilith, congratulations on your new butt :lol: The thought of side by side derriere pics crack me up, but the camera doesn't lie so it's very useful to have them! Sometimes I wonder what the authorities would think if I went missing and they scoured my phone and computer for clues. I can picture my butt selfies thumb-tacked on the bulletin board at a task force meeting, connected by string to the endless, morose front and side view photos, baha! I personally would love a new butt in 30 days. This is making squats sound more appealing.

My wish for today is that I recapture the weight loss enthusiasm and drive I had when I was 10 lbs heavier. I feel at risk of diet burnout at the moment. For health reasons, I would like to reach my goal weight, which is an additional loss of roughly 15 lbs.

:dust:

HuggerBunny
02-11-2014, 08:13 PM
Welcome, Paulitens :D Exciting to get into a new thread, isn't it?

Llilith, good job with the squats! 100 a day, wow! I'm glad you're seeing results from it :) And the homemade bread with butter sounds wonderful, perfect for stormy, snowy days. I haven't made bread in months, used to make it all the time. I've come to terms with the fact that my favorite food group (grains/starches) is the one that I need to avoid, but I still do love my bread and whatnot when I do let myself have it.

Looks like I'll be leaving this thread soon. This morning I weighed in at 190. Met my goal of 190 by Valentine's Day and I earned myself another bunny for my signature :D And this is what I weighed when I got married! I will keep posting in here though until my scale says I'm in the 180s.

kabaker
02-12-2014, 09:31 AM
I am still hanging around the 190s. My husband just got back from being out to sea for a month and was craving a local pizza place. I know how bad the food can be on his ship so I couldn't deny him his wish. Needless to say I didn't have the healthiest dinner last night. Oh well, today is a new day and I can try and be extra good!

lotsakids
02-12-2014, 10:16 AM
TooWicky, your post made me giggle. butt selfies LOL

Down to 191.4, we'll see if it sticks this time...

jennybutler357
02-12-2014, 03:55 PM
Welcome kabaker and paulitens!!

Well done TooWicky for getting to the 180s! And weighing less than hubby! My hubby is pretty tall but he's still lower than me...I wanted to know, does it take great resolve to ignore lower mid-week weigh-ins in favor of your official day? haha to the police bulletin board full of butt selfies!

Congrats on the new butt profile Llilith! I'm building up by 5 a day, did 100 this morning and I'm feeling some aches right now, plus my ribs are hurting so bad! It hurts when I sneeze and laugh, I did pilates with a swiss ball yesterday again and it seemed fine but I must have woken up some new muscles that didn't like it! Oh but that home made bread, sounds divine and the smell wafting through your kitchen..mmmm!

HuggerBunny, well done on getting to 190 and for your extra bunny!

And kabaker, I think welcoming hubby back from a month at sea is a pizza-worthy occasion if ever I heard one!

Woo lotaskids, we're neck and neck!

Llilith
02-12-2014, 04:42 PM
Welcome Paulitens!

TooWicky - lmao at the butt selfiess on the task force bulletin board. You crack me up!! About reclaiming the diet enthusiasm: You so got this! Think of how far you have come! I just noticed your ticker note - about being no longer obese - that is AMAZING. Do you really have to lose this next 15 pounds or are you really at a healthy weight for your body now? If so, don't worry so much - give yourself permission to relax for a bit maybe and see how you go? I am hoping to learn some things from you about how maintenance is - I wonder what that will be like. I have quite a ways to go before that.

HuggerBunny - Congrats on meeting your Vday goal! So cool to see your same wedding weight, and yay for another bunny in your sig. I love when I get to add to mine! I'll see you soon in the next thread. :-)

kabaker - Oh pizza how I love thee. Seriously, I am a pizza freak. I have just adjusted my habits and make room in my calorie plan for it now. Today is a new day, like you said. You got this! Besides, now that hubby is back - think of all the calories you can burn. (yes, I mean that LOL) I know this is TMI, but I try to 'drive' more now - I figure I might as well burn more calories if I can. Hubby doesn't seem to mind LOL.

lotsakids - 191.4! Go YOU. 80 pounds gone, you rock. That's 320 sticks of butter - wowza!

Jenny - do you do all of your squats at once? I can't do more than 50 at a time. Some days 25. I figure they all count, as long as I get them done.

I am 188.6 today, that's one pound down from last week - so the bread didn't win. YAY. I think my 185 by bday goal is possible. I would love to weight less at 46 than I did at 25! I'm gonna do it.

lotsakids
02-12-2014, 05:59 PM
Pizza.... I eat pizza but I make the crust with cauliflower. Yummy yumminess. I eat low carb and gluten free so I HAD to find something I could make my pizza with :)

On another note, I have sliced radishes cooking in the oven - they taste a lot like potatoes! Who knew??

Llilith
02-12-2014, 06:47 PM
I've never heard of such a thing - cauliflower crust? Do you have a link for the recipe? I always order my pizza with cheese and veggies now. It's amazing how many calories pepperoni and sausage add. Plus if I order veggie pizza, the kids leave it alone and I actually get some LOL.

I love radishes - never thought of trying them hot.

Isn't it weird the stuff we eat now that we never thought we'd try before?

lotsakids
02-12-2014, 07:23 PM
Radishes taste nothing like radishes once they are cooked. I sliced some tonight with butter and salt, total yum. They do turn a bit pink, but if that bothers you then peel them first.

There is a cauliflower pizza crust in the low carb recipes-
I've also subbed zuchinni for the cauliflower. They take whatever flavor you put with them so they are really good as pizza crust.

http://slimpalate.com/cauliflower-tortillas-paleo-grain-free-gluten-free/
has a tortilla you can make

you can google cauliflower pizza crust and several pop up. I tend to freestyle mine.

here's one
http://yourlighterside.com/2009/05/recipe-the-original-cauliflower-pizza-dough-2/

and another

http://www.lamberjules.com/recipes/cauliflower-pizza-crust-recipe/

hope its okay to post these!!

HuggerBunny
02-12-2014, 09:25 PM
Lotsakids, that's really interesting about the radishes! Do you just toss them with olive oil, salt, and pepper, and roast until tender? I'll have to try that!

Also, I do pizza one of two ways. The first way is definitely cheating. Two or three times a week, I have a low carb tortilla. You can make pretty darned good pizza by toasting the tortilla on both sides in the oven, then spread pizza sauce on top (I just mix a small can of tomato sauce with some herbs and spices, no sugar added that way), sprinkle with a bit of cheese, then whatever toppings. Stick back in the oven for a few minutes, then slice it up. If you pre-toast the tortilla, it's nice and crisp rather than floppy. Yum!

The other thing I do is make pizza chicken. It's rather like chicken parmesan, but with pizza toppings added. I preheat the oven to 350, grease a pan, sprinkle both sides of thinly cut chicken filets (you can buy them thinly cut) with dried Italian herbs, salt, pepper, and garlic powder, place a tiny cube of butter on each one (we're talking like half a teaspoon of butter for each piece of chicken), then bake in the oven at 350 for about 20 minutes or until cooked through. Then top each filet with pizza sauce, cheese, and toppings, and bake for about 5 more minutes.

Why is pizza so good?! The other day I told my husband that I could probably have pizza every day and never get tired of it, because there are so many variations and different types of crust.

kabaker
02-12-2014, 10:15 PM
lilith- Oh you bet I burned some of those calories later on! You crack me up!

TooWicky
02-13-2014, 09:08 AM
Hi everyone,

jennybutler357, shew, yes, it can be a real drag adhering to my official weigh-in day as my official tracking when I have been lower during the week, lol. On the other hand, there have been weeks when I've been higher and my official weigh-in day has been the lowest day, so I guess the two balance each other out ;P I have been tracking my weight loss officially since July - I can't even count the number of times when I've been discouraged by a bounce up in lbs, but then I look at my weight tracking list, and I can see steady progress. It keeps me motivated for sure. Sometimes I change my ticker up or down during the week when the mood strikes, but I don't always change it day to day.

Llilith, the goal weight I chose for myself is not a Normal BMI for my height. Rather, it's right in the middle of the Overweight BMI range for my height. So I have almost 15 more lbs to go to my goal. I felt great and looked fine when I was at that weight before. I was last at 175 lbs at about age 31/32. I consider it a realistic weight for me to maintain in life while mitigating health risks from obesity. I might change my mind when I get to goal weight, though, assuming I do eventually get there.

HuggerBunny, okay that was really helpful the advice about toasting the tortilla. I am a remedial cook to put it diplomatically, lol. I have been wanting to make a lower calorie homemade pizza for myself, but I can't seem to find a lower calorie way. I saw low carb tortillas at my grocery store yesterday. They were double the cost of regular tortillas, but they did have the lowest calories. On another thread, I saw where they used, erm, you know the popcorn seasoning shakers? They used a cheese shaker for the cheese "flavoring" for homemade pizza and then piled it high with veggies in order to eliminate the cheese calories. I wonder if that would be a disaster or if it would be tasty. I am going to give it a try.

lotsakids, I am going to give the cauliflower pizza crust a try as well. Thank you for mentioning this!

kabaker, happy to hear your husband is home after a month, and also happy to hear that you treated him and yourself to a special pizza dinner!!

I had a surprisingly good mid-week weigh in this morning (189.4) It is encouraging to see a number in the 180s again. I am still waiting on this being a permanent thing, though, since I am bouncing over and under 190 as of late.

scarletmeshell
02-13-2014, 10:55 AM
Hello Everyone!
I am missed a lot from cauliflower pizza crust to butt selfies!

lotsakids- Donna how do you cook the radishes?

ToWicky I bought a new scale. Sadly it was weighing the same as my old one but was more consitant. But today 194.6!!!!!!!

Everyone is doing great!

jennybutler357
02-13-2014, 11:04 AM
Wow I am really getting hungry reading these latest posts, it's like pizza porn with all this talk...but thank you to HuggerBunny and lotsakids for your ways round it! I have been pizza free for so long I can't even remember the last one I had....nope, racking my brains and I'm drawing a blank!

And the roasted radish, tasting like potatoes? This I have to try, I have never even tried radishes, it's true what Llilith says about us eating stuff we wouldn't have eaten before.

Well done Llilith for your new low! And a 'you can do it!' for you making your goal for your birthday! And how amazing to be lower than your 25-year-old self!? Incredible!!!!!! Lol to you driving more now! Best way to burn calories surely?!

And in answer to your question I pretty much do them in one go, pausing after 25 normally to do something as I'm often cooking when I do them and have to stir something every now and again. If I didn't I think I would forget to finish them off, I have a head like a sieve!

Lots of love :val1: to everyone for tomorrow and hope you all have a great weekend! :val3: !!!

lotsakids
02-13-2014, 01:51 PM
you can throw the radishes in a stew they will sop up the flavor or you can roast them with some oil in the oven. I've popped them in the microwave too. Once cooked they lose the radishy taste and the taste and texture to me is much more like potato than cauliflower. Besides I have to save my cauliflower for my pizza.

193.4 today, knew I was going to get a bounce up :)

Llilith
02-13-2014, 06:28 PM
Thanks lotsakids! I can't wait to try the cauliflower pizza crust. :) I'm going to the store this weekend to get radishes and cauliflower. YUM.

HuggerBunny - awww, you reminded me of what I was little. My mom used to make those tortilla pizzas for me. :) I totally agree with you about pizza every day!

Toowicky - good for you picking your own goal weight based on what is healthy for you. I think the "normal" weight charts are pretty rediculous. You know what is best for you, not some chart. :)

LOL scarletmeshell - see what happens when you are gone for a bit? Cauliflower pizza and butt selfless. We know how to LIVE here in this thread! Yay for 194.6 :)

Jennybutler - lmao at pizza porn! I'm hungry reading it too. You are rocking the squats! I love the idea of doing them while you are doing other stuff. The little breaks probably help too.

Happy Valentine's Day everyone! :-) Maybe I'll tell Mr. Llilith that I'd like a cauliflower bouquet this year. :val3:

scarletmeshell
02-13-2014, 06:43 PM
Pizza Porn!!!!! love it!

lotsakids
02-14-2014, 09:52 AM
194.4 grrr. too much salt in my diet yesterday. I made cabbage roll soup with radish potatoes. Drinking lots of water today!!

Llilith
02-14-2014, 10:45 AM
187.4 today, I'm having a woosh!! I'm really excited about that, but I am kinda sad about how it seems to be affecting other people. I know we've talked about this before, about how it's almost like when an alcoholic goes into recovery when we have a drastic weight loss. I'm really feeling that lately.

I have a friend who is very large and she always says bad things about her weight. Just a lot of fat talk and negative comments as jokes about herself. I think she is super bothered by the fact that I've lost so much weight. In January she asked me a bit about how I was doing it and even bought an exercise bike. I thought maybe we could starting working on it together and that I'd inspired her - but I didn't bug her about it or even consider that as any sort of condition of our friendship. I became her friend as she was, and I think she is beautiful the way she is. Well, I haven't heard from her in a week. She used to call me three out of five workdays on her long commute home and we'd chat for an hour or so. Last time I mentioned getting together with our hubbys for dinner out (I still do that often, and I don't make it weird for anyone else, I just have what I want and keep my portions small) - she said they had plans. It was the first time she'd ever done that without offering an alternative date. And, she hasn't 'liked' any of my FB stuff for a long time. I think I've been bragging about my progress too much on FB. :( I'm going to stop doing that.

And my 18 yo daughter has been so moody around me lately - she keeps saying how it's weird that I'm smaller and how it's weird that I don't weigh so much more than her now. Meanwhile she's been complaining about being fat and how her pants don't fit well anymore - then buying donuts and ice cream. I know that I am responsible for this, since she learned a lot of her negative self talk and bad eating habits from me. :( I have always told her positive things about herself like how beautiful and smart she is. I also told her that I've done this for health reasons rather than vanity. She IS beautiful and not very overweight - it is sad to see her so hard on herself. I feel like she is angry at me for losing, which feels really weird.

It's hard to keep the vanity out completely. I'm proud of what I have accomplished and it's sad to have to try to hide it because others are having a tough time with it.

I realize that I'm whining, but I figured I could safely do it here, if I can anywhere.

TooWicky
02-14-2014, 12:37 PM
Llilith, that was a very interesting and somewhat disheartening read :( I can identify with some of what you said... I have a few friends that my very presence now makes them uncomfortable, all because I am a new size. I am somewhat confident my neighbor is actively avoiding me :( These are all friends who are obese, however I was more obese than they were when I started dieting, and now I'm significantly smaller than they are. I can tell they have conflicted feelings all around about the change in my appearance. Some of my techniques to smooth these friendships over are to 1) not mention dieting or weight loss at all 2) if it does come up, say that dieting blows and is a big pita so I can't wait til I'm done in a few more months 3) reinforce health motivations (i.e. I no longer have borderline high blood pressure) 4) mention the numbers of what I weighed and now weigh, because my current weight is still quite high for ladies and when they hear that number, they don't freak out as much. You are sure to run into this situation more and more as time goes on, sadly.

I have posted on fb about my weight loss at 11 lbs lost when I announced I was dieting, at 30 lbs lost when I exclaimed I could not believe I had stuck with it, at 50 lbs lost, and then here recently when I was no longer obese. So, 4 times in just over 10 months. That's more frequent than I would ever normally toot my own horn to the world at large. I have a self-deprecating manner irl, and it is very rare that I draw attention to my achievements if that makes sense. I don't even post on fb about my kids' achievements, lol, that's just not my style. 3FC is my sole outlet to post ad nauseam about weight related stuff and I am so grateful for it!

What's weird is, I can't ever remember complaining to other people about the way I looked even when I was morbidly obese, or, you know, sort of making negative jokes about myself being big. I didn't engage in negative talk about myself, other than lamenting a few times to my husband about my size. I was bummed about being so big, but I didn't feel super bad about my looks. Maybe it's because I live in a place where a large percentage of people are obese, so I blended right in, or maybe I have resilient self esteem, I'm not really sure. I do believe in beauty at any size, even my own size whatever that may be. I have totally told my 11 year old daughter that I hope she never has to battle an obesity issue like I'm having to battle. I tell her being thin is never a goal either. It's important to have a nourished and healthy body, and there is a wide range of what is healthy. Basically, that moderation is key. Having been morbidly obese, I have really reinforced with my own young children how beauty comes in all sizes; I hope that message has sunk in. We are learning together as a family to have healthier eating habits. It's exciting to watch the kids make good choices about food on their own.

HelloNurse
02-14-2014, 04:30 PM
Looks like I'll be chasing some of you ladies on the way out of this thread! Congrats to all my gals who are already seeing the 180s. After being stuck in the 194 area for what has felt like months, I saw the lord of all whooshes this morning: overnight, I dropped 5.4 pounds and saw an even 190.0! I'll give it a day or two to see if it sticks before I move the ticker, but I'm excited to get even a preview.

Going back to the pizza discussion, I do the primal diet and my fiancee have found a perfect solution for us: We use a portabella mushroom cap as the "crust" for a personal sized pizza. So yum, and way fewer calories. YMMV though, since we love 'shrooms so much we snack on them raw and plain. I also have learned not to go so hard and heavy 100% of the time. This week I've been banking calories for my special annual Valentine's treat: a heart shaped pizza from a local restaurant. We do it every year, and I don't plan to miss out on it.

Paulitens
02-14-2014, 04:49 PM
I just wanted to chime in to say that I feel very proud of myself: yesterday my best friend and I went out on a super quick road trip and I did not eat one piece of candy she bought for the trip (I took a chocolate protein bar with me), and then when we went out to eat I custom ordered a salad that wouldn't break my diet terribly because even the salads offered at the restaurant were full of "no-nos." So I'm very happy with myself and with how I stuck with my diet.

But then this morning I woke up with a stomach bug so I feel awful. LOL. I guess not everything could be good, right?

lotsakids
02-15-2014, 09:52 AM
Paulitens!! good job!

I am beginning to think my body likes this thread, up again to 195.4. My pants are looser though so not sure what is going on.

kabaker
02-15-2014, 10:51 AM
192.6 today. Slowly SLOWLY inching towards the 180s

HelloNurse
02-16-2014, 08:22 PM
Well, this is not fun. After seeing 190 on Friday, I was up to 192 yesterday and 193 today. :(Whatever, even if I bounce around like this I know that I'll bounce down eventually.

I had to increase my calories somewhat; I used to stay around 1200, with weight training it definitely wasn't enough to eat and about once a week I'd go nuts and eat like 3000 cause I couldn't stop. So I figured if I increase by 200 a day, I will still lose and I might not get so hungry that I end up binging.

Paulitens
02-16-2014, 10:44 PM
Paulitens!! good job!

I am beginning to think my body likes this thread, up again to 195.4. My pants are looser though so not sure what is going on.

Thank you! :broc: :broc:

How often do you weight yourself in? If you do it weekly, as you should, maybe you gained a bit of muscle, or it's water retention, or you're approaching your time of the month? Good luck! :hug:

lotsakids
02-17-2014, 10:52 AM
up to 197.2 today. I need to figure this out, weekends are hard because I don't drink as much but this is getting downright silly.

Llilith
02-18-2014, 11:04 AM
HelloNurse - Wow, awesome woosh! Good for you :)
I can relate to your later post, I am 189.4 today - My goal of 185 by my bday was probably too ambitious. But wow, I'm so glad to be looking at 180s instead of 260s. I think you are right about needing a few extra calories to keep from binging. After all, if this is going to stick, we have to eat an amount that will be ok for us long term. Too little is probably setting ourselves up for failure.

TooWicky - It's great that you are so conscious of how your self talk affects the kids. I wish I'd figured it out sooner - better late than never though right?!

Paulitens - YAY, congrats on your resolve during your road trip. Great job!! Hope you feel better soon.

lotsakids - Loose pants = good!! I had the same type of weekend. Went from 187.4 to 292 on Monday. Drank a ton of water yesterday and I'm back to 189.4 today. Not changing the ticker dammit cause I saw 187 and I will see it again LOL.

kabaker - you'll be there soon :D

lotsakids
02-18-2014, 11:34 AM
194.4 this morning. I drank a gallon of water yesterday.

Paulitens
02-18-2014, 02:30 PM
Yesterday was my weight in and I'm down to 193.4. I only lost 3-ish lbs. But I'm still losing! :broc:

I was hoping I was going to lose 4 like I had in the previous weeks. I'm hoping I'm not plateauing because I'm not emotionally ready for it (when are we, really?). And hopefully next weight in on Monday I'll be at 190 or lower. :)

I'm loving this!

:broc: :broc: :broc:

TooWicky
02-19-2014, 12:32 AM
Hi everyone!

I had a horrid weigh-in on Monday. By horrid I mean I gained 1 lbs from last week. Gaining one pound isn't really horrible, but this is my first gain since I started dieting last March/April!! Not day-to-day gain, but a gain as far as weekly weigh-ins go. I earned this gain by overeating some every day : / I am so burnt out of dieting. I keep telling everyone how tired I am of eating at a calorie deficit. Honestly, I'm whining. I'm coming up on a year of ballz out dieting, but that's the price to pay when you have a considerable amount of weight to lose, and you want to lose it at a safe rate. You have to diet for SO LONG ugh. Mustering up will power and fortitude to reach one's goals is hard work. I have been lazy for, like, over two weeks, and I am not proud of myself! Reading everyone's updates the last few days is really helping me to refocus - thank you!!

On a more uplifting note, I went out shopping today. NSV - I FIT INTO SIZE 14 JEANS. Of course, it was dependent on the brand and style, but in a few of them, I definitely fit into size 14 jeans. I treated myself to a new pair.

CrazyCatWoman
02-19-2014, 02:19 AM
Hi all

I have been a bit out of things thanks to a work trip, and I also know I am in totally the wrong thread, but it is you lot who give me the support I find so helpful!

TooWicky, don't you give in now girl! Yes, it's been a long, long year and dull as anything on a calorie deficit but those jeans make it worth it. Let this 1lb be a warning to you :) It won't happen again! Its not worth it! But I so know what you mean.......

I am now within the last 5kgs to target - still 'overweight' then by BMI but I think that'll be a good weight for me. But the pace has slowed considerably and I am struggling to know how many calories to eat when I do not exercise - like when I was away.

However, some NSV's: bought a jacket in sale, 70% off. Size 14 (UK I think). I also told a couple of people on the course I went on I was on a diet and got a definite 'why do you need to diet look?' and then I told them I had lost a shed load of weight and they nearly fell over. I also managed to go for a run, on road, for 2km. It's too icy to run outside here now, so I took the opportunity when it arose on the trip to a slightly warmer area!

Today is 15 years since I last had an alcoholic drink (my 'AA birthday') and I am very grateful for that. I would just so love, in 15 years time, to say i have a 'maintenance birthday' And also, to have you guys there too. We CAN do this, if we want :)

Llilith
02-19-2014, 10:12 AM
TooWicky - it is amazing that you haven't experienced one gain in almost a year of working to lose weight. GO YOU. Kick that 1 pound's *** this week! I know you will. :) I bet those size 14 jeans feel great!

CrazyCatWoman. Happy sober anniversary to you - that is an amazing accomplishment! It's so cool that you were able to go for a run too. Awesome that you got the why do you need to diet look! That must have been such a new and strange feeling. I can't wait for it myself! :)

You two are inspiring, so close to your goals and just doing so great!

My rate of loss has slowed and I know I won't hit my goal of 185 by my bday - at this rate, I might not hit my goal of 180 by 3/15. I think I need to adjust my expectations a little bit since my rate of loss has slowed. And, I need to get a little more careful I guess - putting exercise in the mix has changed things a bit for me. I wonder if I'm retaining some water again since I've been doing the planks. It's a pretty new exercise for me and I wonder if different areas are hanging on to water. I remember that happening when I was sore from the squat challenge. I think sore muscles hold water. I dunno, maybe I just need to work harder and eat better. It's always that simple, really - just sometimes hard to get myself there. 189.9 this morning.

jennybutler357
02-19-2014, 11:17 AM
Hey everyone!!

Had a mini family vacay this weekend so I am just getting caught up with myself now, still have so much washing and ironing to do though, feeling a little stressed but I still want to make time for myself and exercise etc.

TooWicky and Llilith, your posts about friends and others avoiding you or getting uncomfortable about your losses were really interesting. I’ve also noticed it a little too, as where I am a lot of the people in my area are obese and now I’m getting smaller than them and sometimes I get the impression they want to ask me about it but avoid the subject and more recently I’ve been suspicious it’s a case of avoiding me. My friends are generally healthy weights but a couple do seem like they’re suspicious of how I’m losing weight as I inch closer to what might be considered ‘normal’, but I guess I have done a complete 180 with my lifestyle as far as exercise and attitude goes so I guess it’s all new for them. My children are young enough that they just like that mommy can play more so I guess I’m glad I don’t have to worry about their perception of beauty and weight yet, but I do worry about how to handle it with my daughter who’s 3, I think your attitude is great TooWicky so I’ll be plagiarizing you in future, just to warn you!

Paulitens, hope you feel better soon!! Well done on your ordering strategies and candy free road trip – you’re a stronger woman than me!! But 3lbs in a week is great, I don’t often lose that much now I’m getting closer to my goal.

TooWicky, great NSV on the jeans – size 14 wow!! I know it’s hard to see it as when we’re losing weight it’s all about the scale but I read something the other day from the other side which made me think - imagine you’re your ideal weight and size, which would upset you more, to find your clothes tighter than usual or to have gained a pound? Tight clothes right? Weight’s a good measure and probably the best we have but it’s also pretty arbitrary when it comes to feeling and being healthy, so wear the jeans with pride, you’ve earned them!!

Llilith, I have heard that too about sore muscles retaining water, so you could be expecting a whoosh soon if the aching stops – or maybe ask DH to massage where it hurts?!

CrazyCatWoman - well done on your 15 year anniversary! And the 'why are you dieting look?' and making people almost fall over - lol!! Well done, you're doing so great!!

So, weighed in as usual on Monday although it was not my usual scale and I was the same as Friday but I did loosen up a little during the weekend and being away meant I couldn't have my usual routine so I'm actually pretty happy to have maintained. When I got back yesterday my scales said I was 190.3 but I think I'll leave that 0.2 loss for next week.

Ok, so this pile of ironing won't do itself, and then to the gym for a class!

lotsakids
02-22-2014, 08:48 AM
Well, down to 191 this morning. I am not expecting it to stick around but it was nice to see it was possible again LOL.
Llilith - I've seen my weight slow down, stop, gain a little. In the past that would have been the stopping point for me and I would go on the oh well I'm going to be fat (non)diet. Keep doing what you are doing and you will see results. This past month has been a roller coaster for me, but the improvement in my health over the past year is enough to keep me going.

This week I went to a going away party for a friend from our old church and so there were a lot of people I haven't seen since October. I was called skinny more than once (I'm not even out of the obese category) it was a real morale booster.

TooWicky
02-23-2014, 11:50 AM
Great job on losses/relosses lotsakids, jennybutler357! CrazyCatWoman, so good to hear from you, and wow, gratz on your nsvs and your weight/personal achievements :) :) Llilith, I remain blown away by your new exercise life.

It's been a very busy week irl, but I wanted to stop by and give thanks for the encouragement with my recent struggles. Update: Out of the last 4 days, I have had 2 days where I stayed within calories, 1 day when I went about 100 calories over, and 1 day when I went a lot of calories over. My really awful calorie day was a 2000 cal day by my estimate. So, more good days than bad days when it comes to calorie counting - a slight improvement. Also, I have been seeing 189 point something on the scale every morning instead of 190 point something - a teeny bit better than my Monday weigh-in. So ultimately my discipline is trending slightly better than the last couple of weeks, but still nothing to write home about. I am going to keep trying to get back on track :dust:

NSV - had a simple but fun family day yesterday. Walked all over the place back and forth and here and yonder at some facility where my daughter attended a clarinet solo festival. Then we went to a mall that was nearby (I haven't shopped at the mall in years) and walked and walked and walked for a couple of hours. I wasn't even tired!

random: while at the above-mentioned mall, I had to show my driver's license to the young man who was the cashier at Hot Topic (absolutely hilarious that I was in there, by the way, I was easily twice the age of the oldest person in there, but my 11-year old HAD TO HAVE this particular Adventure Time T-shirt.) My driver's license pic is from last year and I look really different. He stared at it and I mentioned I had lost 85 lbs. He was very excited and pulled his own driver's license out. He had lost 80 lbs!!! He said he counted calories somewhat and had lost his weight doing the Insanity workout thing. He said he would like to lose another 40 lbs. He looked so handsome and I know I sound like a total MOM, but I was so proud of this young man tackling morbid obesity at a young age.

future NSVs - like others in the thread have mentioned, I am looking forward to buying a new bathing suit this year!! My last year's suit was a size 26 swim dress. I am sparing no expense (well, within reason) and no research, so I have already started looking online. I need a bathing suit top that has a built-in, real, sized brassiere for support. I was so happy to see that these exist!! I am going to start ordering them now, because I anticipate a lot of trying on and returning and reordering. If anyone has any websites they'd recommend, let me know.

CrazyCatWoman
02-23-2014, 01:31 PM
Hello all,

i don't know what's going on with my weight, but I like it! it has been dropping more again.

Lilith - exercise is really confusing sometimes. My weight leveled last month a bit and I think it was muscle stuff. Looking at photos, I was definitely redistributing volume and building muscle in some areas. Now I am losing weight again, and also a bit unclear on how many calories to eat so I am sticking around 1200. Have faith that keeping on exercising will lead to a drop!

Lotsakids, skinny comments are so awesome and reassuring. They pave the way to keep on going - even if I am still overweight!

Jennybutler maintaining when away from routine is my hope too - I have a friend visiting from the UK for a week soon, and I am really hoping to 'behave' with calories.

TooWicky keep at it! I love the photo story. And isn't it wonderful comparing notes with people ? Not sure I would have the energy to walk round a mall for hours - give me a treadmill for 20 minutes instead ;)

So, I finally cleared the wardrobe. My cats now have loads of new blankies from old jumpers, and the local Red Cross will get two huge sacks donated. All I can give to friends, I will. So many people have told me to get rid of the old stuff or I'll be tempted to grow back into it, that I think I better take their advice. I have kept a couple of things for sentimental reasons,and my worst clothes so I can do the 'OMG I used to wear that sack' routine. But yes, it feels weird to cut this umbilical cord to all my saggy baggy stuff.

Have a good week all.

scarletmeshell
02-23-2014, 09:46 PM
Great job everyone!
I have had a terrible week. I am scared to weigh tomorrow. My son died in August and to be honest this last week I didn't care about loosing. Sadly I cared about eating. Tomorrow I hope to do better. I didn't do my homework either so I hope to get back to peddaling around ancient Roma.

Paulitens
02-23-2014, 10:18 PM
I have been weighing myself throughout the week and I don't think I'll make it down to 190 as I was hoping at the beginning of the week. :(

However... even if I'm a little bit lighter than 193.4 which was my weight last Monday, I will have made a little bit of progress! Sometimes I focus so much on my next goal and what I hope it will be that I ignore the ounces, and the 1 lb I might have lost and feel disappointed.

We'll see tomorrow, but in any case, here's to hoping I'll make it down to 190 and if not, that I'll love myself anyway for my progress as little as it might be. :)

TooWicky
02-24-2014, 06:53 AM
Good luck to anyone with weigh-ins this morning :crossed:, and also a virtual hug to scarletmeshell for the tough week you have had :hug:. I believe Llilith has had a birthday if I'm reading your posts/siggy right - I hope you had a blast :celebrate:!

I *just* had my official weigh-in 5 minutes ago. Last week (190.4 lbs) I had my first ever gain in over ten months of official weigh-ins as I pretty much fell off of the diet wagon. Thanks to encouragement I received here, I made a better attempt this past week and it paid off. I weighed in at 189.0 :carrot: which happens to be my lowest weigh-in ever by a couple of tenths! I am really thrilled. I do not feel confident that I am back in dieting control, but I do feel as if I'm making a better effort. I hope to improve on that this upcoming week.

scarletmeshell
02-24-2014, 08:49 AM
Thank you for the hug TooWicky! I felt it! I am feeling much better today.
Sadly my wiegh in was 200.4! damn! I am behind in my goals.

Paulitens I kn ow what you mean. I met my Valentines goal challenge and got a bit obsessed with goal and timline. I need to keep reminding myself that any loss is good.

Llilith
02-24-2014, 11:11 AM
I feel like I'm signing in for confession here. I had the worst three days since I've started this healthier me journey. I think it was related to my knowing I wouldn't meet the goal I set for myself by my Bday and then I had a really shitty day at work on Friday. And I let all of that get to me. I was literally 1000 calories over on Fri, Sat, and Sun. Each day! I didn't weigh myself today because I am scared LOL.

I did, however, do my exercises every single day - and I even took my bike out for a ride on Sunday. I just had no self control with bday celebration dinners out and various treats that appeared before me. I am proud that I did track every calorie though, I just didn't care what they added up to.

Back on track today, though. Bless me weight loss friends, for I have sinned. :)

Oh, I almost forgot to add - I did have a NSV. When I got dressed to go out on Saturday, my top and leggings were a size large. LARGE, not XL or XXL. That was pretty awesome. I kinda look squeezed into this, but here's a picture of the outfit I wore.

https://scontent-a-pao.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/t1/q77/s720x720/1920193_10203265995633041_707997590_n.jpg

lotsakids
02-24-2014, 02:10 PM
scarletmeshell - I hope you feel better today. You have come too far to give up- sending hugs.
llileth - look at you!!! lovely- good job!
too wicky - whoo hooo!!!!!

I am up this morning, 193.8 not unexpected. I was pretty carby (for me) over the weekend and did not drink enough water at all which meant once again I was stopped up. Hope to see some improvement tomorrow.

jennybutler357
02-24-2014, 02:13 PM
Llilith, you are looking great!! You don't look squeezed in at all!! Happy belated Birthday!! Keeping up with exercise is a great victory, hopefully the scale will reward you for that!!

Sorry about your bad week Scarletmeshell but glad to hear you're feeling better! The weight loss will come when everything is in place and you're feeling strong again!

Well done TooWicky!! I also weighed in at 189 today!! It's been a lonnnggg time coming but finally I'm there!! I can't quite believe I am there, it doesn't feel real, and I'm nearly at 75lbs lost, which I can't believe either. Hope you're having fun on your swimsuit mission!!

CrazyCatWoman, you are like a weight-losing machine!! I doubly admire you for doing it all somewhere snowy, cold and (correct me if I'm wrong) dark for most of the winter. When did you start? Hope you have fun when your friend visits!!

scarletmeshell
02-24-2014, 08:08 PM
Lillith!!! whoohooo! You look wonderful!

Paulitens
02-24-2014, 10:52 PM
Thank you for the hug TooWicky! I felt it! I am feeling much better today.
Sadly my wiegh in was 200.4! damn! I am behind in my goals.

Paulitens I kn ow what you mean. I met my Valentines goal challenge and got a bit obsessed with goal and timline. I need to keep reminding myself that any loss is good.

Yes! I try to remind myself of that often. :)

Regardless, today was my official weight in and I was 190.8! WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

I'll miss you guys next week (not) when I move down to the 180s thread. LOL. You know what I mean, right? :)

I'm so super excited!!

:broc::broc::broc:

scarletmeshell
02-25-2014, 09:33 AM
Paulitens Congrats! Good for you! I am 196.4 today that is down 4bls from yesterday. I guess it was water weight but it has helped motivate me.

Llilith
02-25-2014, 10:49 AM
scarletmeshell - I'm sending you hugs - loss is so hard, and it creeps up when you least expect it. I'm glad you are getting back on track. Sometimes I think my mom is looking down on me getting healthier and she is glowing with pride. {{hugs}}
4 pounds down? YAY go you!!

Paulitens - those ounces add up! LOL, we will miss you too when you move to the next thread. I actually posted in there last week so maybe I'll join you soon if I am back to my 187 low in a few days. WooHOO for your 190.8!!!

TooWicky - YAY - lowest weight in ever! Your new profile pic is stunning. You are seriously a hottie - do you have to fight the guys off with a stick now?

Thanks all for the birthday wishes and the kind words about the pic! I was actually disappointed when I saw it - the tummy! But then I thought, you know what, I've worked really hard and I FELT beautiful in that outfit, so I posted it anyway. LOL.

So, my body is done punishing me for my terrible weekend eating. Yesterday, I had the worst cramps from about 10am - 8pm. I mean writhing in the bed cramps. I took a laxative, used a heating bag, took a xanax even. Finally at about 8pm the pain ended. and I pooped this morning lmao!! Thank goodness. TMI, I know. But wow I have never felt like that, except when my gallbladder died. The only thing I can think is that my body just said screw this, can't handle this much food now. Sooooo glad to feel better today.

I'm wondering, does anyone else tend to sabotage themselves after a good woosh? It seems like every time I get a woosh and see a new low, I go a little binge and I'm not as careful. It's weird, cause if I stayed totally on track I would be seeing even MORE progress. I don't know why I do that to myself.

TooWicky
02-26-2014, 12:16 AM
Aw man lol Llilith, sorry you had a 3000 calorie heating pad bellyache! I believe in "life happens" and want freedom to enjoy my special days. It sounds like you had an awesome weekend :). You rocked that outfit; you look fantastic. Also, um no lmao I don't have to fight off the fellas. But I was thinking of how different interactions are now that I am closer to a normal weight. I have the same outgoing and chatty personality as I did before. I run the same errands and go to the same places. I live in a smaller town where I see the same employees over and over. Men treat me very differently now. My presence is actually acknowledged. There are many unsolicited salutations, chit chat, and offers of help now where before there were few. All ages of males are much more polite and friendly. It makes me disappointed inside because I'm the same person I was before :(. Are y'all experiencing something similar?

Paulitens way to go!!! So close to the 180s!

Female friends can be so weird about weight! My co worker was going on and on about how I looked "perfect" and shouldn't lose another pound. It annoyed me so I steered the conversation toward her own weight (she is trimmer than I am and a few years older than me.) Cornered, she had to reveal that we were the same height yet she weighs 35 lbs LESS than me. Somehow I am "too thin"... mm hmm *side eye* She sort of stammered out something about our builds being different, but she knew she was making no sense -.- My figure is looking more provocative the more weight I lose which is making a couple of my age group peers increasingly uncomfortable. Deal with it :cool:

scarletmeshell
02-26-2014, 09:39 AM
Llilith thank you so much! I love what you said about your mom! I know my son would be really proud of me and be calling me "little mama". He would also be proud I am taking a few college classes and am finally ready to go back to work and start my new job next week. Yes there are times when I have had a woosh I do over eat. Not sure why, it really makes no sense.

It is interesting how others precieve us and react to us. I have some friends that seem to not notice I have lost 50lbs. Then there are others that fear I am getting to skinny. Come on! I have another 50 to loose. I just work really hard to not let either bother me. This all is very personal to me and that is what really matters.

196.0 today. Monday was 200. something!

lotsakids
02-26-2014, 10:56 AM
In the past, comments about my weight loss always sent me back to the safety of food. I think I'm beyond that now, but I have to watch it. The mind/food connection is hard to break and it speaks to the self sabotage that is brought up on the forum from time to time. I dealt with a lot (2 huge boxes) of bigger clothes yesterday and the niggling thought was that I should hold on to them for when I get bigger. I'm not going to do that, they are going to the goodwill. I can't have those "backup" outfits waiting for me. I also can't get scared of the attention that the weight loss brings.

Some people are waiting for you to fall, mostly because they don't like themselves.
Some want to do what you are doing, they really do want advice and others are just happy for you. I for one can't get inside everyone's head so I have to stay in mine :) I have enough clutter in my own mind to worry about anybody elses.

Today I saw 189.8 on the scale, jumped off and then got back on to 191.8 I believe the second one, but I was happy to see that 18* waiting for me :)

Paulitens
02-26-2014, 11:53 AM
Paulitens Congrats! Good for you! I am 196.4 today that is down 4bls from yesterday. I guess it was water weight but it has helped motivate me.

Yay! I weight myself about 5 times on Monday morning and stick with the weight that showed up more consistently on the scale. I also check my weight every day just because I'm a nutjob but I really kind of ignore it because I know it fluctuates a lot from day to day; that is probably what happened to you. :)

Paulitens - those ounces add up! LOL, we will miss you too when you move to the next thread. I actually posted in there last week so maybe I'll join you soon if I am back to my 187 low in a few days. WooHOO for your 190.8!!!

Yes, they do add up! Gotta keep it up! As my husband and I always say (and we even make the gesture with our hands): "It's something!"

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/005/600/its-something.jpg

Bahahaha!

Paulitens way to go!!! So close to the 180s!

Female friends can be so weird about weight! My co worker was going on and on about how I looked "perfect" and shouldn't lose another pound. It annoyed me so I steered the conversation toward her own weight (she is trimmer than I am and a few years older than me.) Cornered, she had to reveal that we were the same height yet she weighs 35 lbs LESS than me. Somehow I am "too thin"... mm hmm *side eye* She sort of stammered out something about our builds being different, but she knew she was making no sense -.- My figure is looking more provocative the more weight I lose which is making a couple of my age group peers increasingly uncomfortable. Deal with it :cool:

Thank you, TooWicky! I'm looking forward to the 180s! Actually one of the gazillion times I weighted myself on Monday morning the scale showed 186.8, and I was like "heck yeah!" but I knew it was not "real" so I weighted myself other times and it showed 190.8 consistently.

As for your female friends... ugh. What's with women, dude!? My best friend told me "why are you dieting so hard? You're gonna get pregnant and get fat again." Just like that. It bugged me to no end. She's taller than me, slim and athletic, she doesn't struggle with weight, and is absolutely confident about her body (I'm not any of that, and I'm working on my body image). I pretty much told her "haha, I only gained 6lbs with my last pregnancy so shove it, haha!" But I was truly meaning it. I know it's her personality; she's a go getter, a straight shooter. But I'm not that way, and I'm more sensitive than her so her lack of support bothered me. And it went on; she continued questioning why I couldn't eat avocados (my favorite), if they are "healthy fat" and that I need to eat fat to lose fat and blah blah. I love her, she's my soul sister, but she can be quite abrasive and for a more sensitive person like me who is working as hard as I am, her remarks bothered me. For a second. LOL. And then other classmates (skinny classmates, mind you), were like "you're still on that diet?" uh, yeah... I'm still on "that" diet. It's my lifestyle, and you better be on my side when I'm skinny because you won't be the hottest Argentinian in the classroom. LOL. Those are things I think and never say, of course. Hahaha! I was taught not to be rude but it doesn't mean I don't think about it. ;)

Anyway... Thank you for sharing your little experience, because I wanted to vent about my experiences with women around me being unsupportive. :)

Today I saw 189.8 on the scale, jumped off and then got back on to 191.8 I believe the second one, but I was happy to see that 18* waiting for me :)

Yay!!! I will see you in the 180s thread next week, right? ;)

Llilith
02-26-2014, 04:33 PM
TooWicky - I totally get what you are saying. I'm not invisible now. It's really very sad, when I think about how it was when I was much heavier. It's like people don't want to acknowledge you cause they will be fat by association or something. It is disappointing and I feel like saying something now when people acknowledge me - but that wouldn't accomplish anything and they wouldn't get it.

My friend still isn't calling - well she did once when she wanted to have a ***** fest on the phone but it's not regular daily calls like it was before. I've decided that just **** her! If she was a real friend she would be happy for me and realize that my progress isn't a magnifying glass on her.

scarletmeshell - my kids called me that the other day. They are grown and my youngest made a big deal about the fact that she could get her hands all the way around me now. Still {{hugging}} you - and I am inspired by the fact that you are doing so much to improve your health and life in the midst of such grief. You are a strong woman!

lotsakids - get rid of those clothes! YAY! I just cleaned out my closet again and my daughters friend is here going thru them. She is thrilled with the new stuff and I'm glad to have the finality of getting rid of the too big stuff. :-)
Good point about staying in your own head! I'm gonna try to remember that, I think it will serve me well. Yay for your peek at the 180s. It will probably be there waiting for you again in the morning!

paulitens - love the "it's something" graphic - that's too cute. You'd have laughed cause I was looking at it and actually did it at my desk and said "it's something!" LOL
I don't know what the heck is with some women either. It's probably why I don't have many friends - I always get annoyed eventually. Maybe my expectations are too high. lmao at you being the hottest Argentinian in the classroom. You go girl - show em!

I was 190 today, which is better than I expected. I'm ready for another woosh, but I know it's not gonna just come. I've got to work for it and resist carbs. 180s thread next week - challenge accepted. :)

scarletmeshell
02-26-2014, 05:50 PM
You all just simply wonderful!
TooWicky there were many times I liked being invisible. It hard to get used to the fact that I am not. Have to be honest though, I still put up my cloaking device when I walk to the dumpster to take out the trash in my sweats. No one can see that!
Llilith Thank you so much for the hugs! I love that you said **** her! love it love it! Sometimes that is what you have to do. I had a dear friend that simply went away when my son died. I was so hurt by this but now I say **** her! ha!
Paulitins You are doing great! I am so happy to hear I am not the only scale jumper in the mornings! It is a disgrace I tell you! Fat flopping totally naked! I am a morning person and thankfully my daughter hasn't had to be subjected to that!
lotsakids Donna! congrats on getting rid of the clothes. Good for you!

Paulitens
02-26-2014, 09:22 PM
paulitens - love the "it's something" graphic - that's too cute. You'd have laughed cause I was looking at it and actually did it at my desk and said "it's something!" LOL
I don't know what the heck is with some women either. It's probably why I don't have many friends - I always get annoyed eventually. Maybe my expectations are too high. lmao at you being the hottest Argentinian in the classroom. You go girl - show em!

I was 190 today, which is better than I expected. I'm ready for another woosh, but I know it's not gonna just come. I've got to work for it and resist carbs. 180s thread next week - challenge accepted. :)

The "it's something" is effective. LOL. I know it's a silly Internet meme but it stuck with me, and it helps me appreciate the little things.

I have a lot of female friends and one of them (she's awesome and beautiful) is bigger than me and we always joke about the boobage or our weight; I don't want our friendship to change because I'm losing weight. I don't want her to feel uncomfortable around me because I'm working to be out of the "chubby" girls' club. I'll just try to continue being my goofy me regardless of my weight; I think many people feel comfortable around me because I'm goofy and don't take myself too seriously.

I'll see you at 180s thread next week! ;)

Paulitins You are doing great! I am so happy to hear I am not the only scale jumper in the mornings! It is a disgrace I tell you! Fat flopping totally naked! I am a morning person and thankfully my daughter hasn't had to be subjected to that!

Hahaha! Geez... first thing I do when I get up is pee (TMI?) and check my weight. Mondays are especially exciting and sometimes I don't sleep well with the anticipation of my official weight in. I get too excited!

My husband got a gastric sleeving in August and he's been losing weight at the same pace as I have. That makes me feel great. :D I'm so excited because I never stuck with a diet for this long! I'm just surprised at my own little prowess, really.

:hug: Thank you for chatting with me! :hug:

lotsakids
02-27-2014, 01:02 PM
Saw that 189 on the scale this morning and then of course hopped off and tried again. It landed on 190.6 which I'll take. Hopefully it will stick! The 190's have been around now for 2 months of up 2, down 2, up 1 down 2. It has been slooooooowwwww. Thinking I might make it to the 180's next week - we'll see!

TooWicky
02-27-2014, 01:48 PM
Hi everyone! I am bouncing around with my daily weigh-ins from 189.2 to 190. I'm not staying within calorie limits (1500/day,) but I'm not going hideously over them. I think I'm eating at maintenance level. Still trying to get motivated again properly. I'm still slackin'. No one follow my example, lol.

Despite this, life is good! Inspired by you guys going through your closets, I went through mine last night. I haven't gotten rid of anything since before I started dieting, but I made a leap of faith. I had four big bags for donation. I also had three bags for a neighborhood consignment store - I dropped off a little while ago today. I was kind of surprised the consignment store took everything, but they just switched to accepting transitional and spring clothes, and she said they really could use Plus sizes! I kept a couple of pairs of 16 pants (I'm now in 14s) but I didn't keep any tops that were too large (I'm in Misses L/XL.)

How is everyone's skin faring with considerable weight loss? I am almost 50 and do not have the elasticity of younger people. A few months ago I noticed a hint of jowls on my jawline, but as I have lost weight since then, they have improved a whole lot! At some point when I lost enough weight in my face, I developed more prominent laugh lines from my nose to the sides of my mouth. Those are likely here to stay imo. I have some loose skin showing in my upper neck area which annoys me. My bat wings are smaller, but look just as bad as they ever did this last year. I am not doing arm exercises, yet, but I need to. I have a "situation" with my lower abdomen with loose skin... over time the problem area has gotten smaller and even tightened up a bit (it's not hanging over, more like 'out' now,) but it doesn't look great. I think it will still be there even when I get to my goal weight. I am not interested in plastic surgery; I will be living with whatever hand I'm dealt. I feel lucky to have gotten this much cooperation from my skin as far as trying to retract a little. If I sound unhappy, please know that I'm super relieved I have gotten as much skin tightening as I have. I sure wish I had tried to lose this weight 10 years ago, though!

noshoes
02-27-2014, 06:26 PM
198 pounds and happy to under 200. Would like to get under 190 in the next month.

noshoes
02-27-2014, 06:27 PM
I was worried about loose skin, haven't noticed an issue. I have had five kids so I think I will always have the 'w shape' belly.

Llilith
02-27-2014, 07:07 PM
Paulitins - Kudos to your dieting prowess! It's cool you are losing at the same rate as hubby too. I bet it makes it easier for both of you to do it together. My hubby has some weight to lose too, but it's been hard for him. Mostly cause I keep giving him my 'rest ofs' when I'm full. I gotta stop doing that.

TooWicky - Nothing wrong with trying out maintenance level for a few days! But, when you are ready again, you got this!

I'm almost 50 too (wow, I can't believe that is my reality? I don't feel 47). But I'm a damn hot almost 50 and so are you! I do notice the lines in my face more now. I also have the lower tummy situation. I have resigned myself to the fact that it will always be there, but it is getting smaller. I've been using coconut oil to tighten it up and it is helping. I'm not going to do surgery either - I guess it's a nice reminder of where I was - to keep me in line down the road. :-) For the batwings on your arms - I've been lifting 5 pound weights and it is REALLY helping. It only takes a few minutes to do 30 reps or so. I do a few different types of arm lifts (curls, butterfly things where I stretch my arms and raise them up and down and another where I bring my outstretched arms together in front of me. The weights aren't that heavy and I kinda feel like a badass when I do it. :)

noshoes - YAY for being under 200! I think that was the most exciting milestone I've had so far since I've been losing this weight. I can relate to the W shape - we created life - I guess it's a badge of honor!

I am 188.6 today. Almost back to my ticker weight. :carrot:

TooWicky
02-28-2014, 09:50 AM
I had an inexplicably good daily weigh-in today... 188.4 lbs! My first ever peek at the 188s; I'm so excited!! I did up my fluid intake the last two days, and perhaps that helped to flush out some water weight. My daily weigh-ins have been quite volatile. I don't have any confidence I will not bounce back up, so I'm remaining in this thread until I have some stability with remaining in the 180s.

:welcome2: noshoes!! Big congratz to being under 200 :)

Llilith, very impressive recovery from your weekend... yay for being so close to ticker weight, great weigh-in!!

lotsakids, I feel your foray into the 180s is imminent :carrot:

Llilith
02-28-2014, 10:21 AM
TooWicky, Congrats!! Thats exactly what I weighed this morning - 188.4! I am determined not to get derailed this weekend. Weekends are the hardest.:hun:

Paulitens
02-28-2014, 10:52 AM
198 pounds and happy to under 200. Would like to get under 190 in the next month.

Yay! Welcome to Onederland! :carrot::carrot::carrot:

Paulitins - Kudos to your dieting prowess! It's cool you are losing at the same rate as hubby too. I bet it makes it easier for both of you to do it together. My hubby has some weight to lose too, but it's been hard for him. Mostly cause I keep giving him my 'rest ofs' when I'm full. I gotta stop doing that.

I am 188.6 today. Almost back to my ticker weight. :carrot:

Yeah, having my husband eating so little at a time, and not being able to eat starches and sweets definitely helps. We have tried dieting together in the past with no luck, and he fully acknowledges that my weight gain was because of his poor eating habits and because he is the one to buy snacks and sweets when we go shopping (I tend to stick to the shopping list or maybe buy one sweet to splurge). Now that that isn't an issue anymore dieting is a lot easier, so I better stick with it! :)

Kudos on your weight in! I checked my weight this morning just because and it was 190.0 so I'm pretty sure that on my actual weight in on Monday I'll be in the 180s. Exciting!! :carrot:

I had an inexplicably good daily weigh-in today... 188.4 lbs! My first ever peek at the 188s; I'm so excited!! I did up my fluid intake the last two days, and perhaps that helped to flush out some water weight. My daily weigh-ins have been quite volatile. I don't have any confidence I will not bounce back up, so I'm remaining in this thread until I have some stability with remaining in the 180s.

I need to do more of that. I'm a slacker when it comes to drinking water. :(

scarletmeshell
02-28-2014, 08:26 PM
noshoes welcome to onederland!
After much scale jumping I am 194.4 today!
I bought some size 12/14 pants today! They are stretchy but they fit!

Llilith
03-01-2014, 10:55 AM
187.2 today! finally back to my ticker weight and even a smidgen less. woohoo :carrot:

Happy weekend everyone :)

Paulitens
03-01-2014, 05:48 PM
Congratulations, Lilith! :carrot::carrot:

I'm afraid I won't be in the 180s thread next week because I have been working out quite a bit. :( And I'm PMSing so I feel a major water retention in my feet, and bloating. Booh.

We shall see on Monday.

lotsakids
03-01-2014, 07:19 PM
Still at 190.6, I'm tired today. We had an all day bible quiz league meet at our church, so I of course woke up at 4 stressing at all that needed to get done. It went perfectly (and my quiz team is undefeated!!)

I even managed to be "sweet" to the lady who complained about how far they had to drive. We've been driving to her church for the past 5 years!! Ah well, spose she thinks its a shorter drive the opposite way!

Paulitens
03-02-2014, 06:02 PM
Hey yoooo!! I checked my weight this morning and it was 189.0. Still wished it were "188.something" tomorrow, which my official weight in day, but we will see. It's barely 1.8 lbs since last Monday; I have been eating way too many fats and calories this week and that might be a little bit of the problem, plus PMSing, plus working out a bit and probably gaining a bit of muscle mass... you know how it goes. Booh.

But...

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/005/600/its-something.jpg

Llilith
03-04-2014, 10:51 AM
scarletmeshell - 12/14!! YAY! I'm happy for you about your 194.4 too. :)

Paulitens - what better reason that working out? go YOU! Muscle is good! Darn PMS though… grrrr. LOL again at the "it's something". That makes me smile whenever I see it now.

lotsakids - I see your pic!!! You are beautiful. Next time, make that lady walk haha.

I bounced back into the 188's yesterday, but I think it's just water. I hope to see 187 or lower during my real weight day tomorrow. Over the weekend I went to old navy and tried on about 25 pairs of jeans. Turns out I am a size 16. I ended up getting a pair of skinny diva and skinny rockstar jeans!! They had a sale for $15 jeans the the girls there were so nice! I walked in like a deer in the headlights lol. I told them I hadn't tried on jeans in about 15 years and that I'd lost 75 pounds. Boy were they excited - and so was I!! I've only worn stretchy leggings for years. It felt great to rock those jeans Saturday night!!

Happy Tuesday everyone - we are one day closer to the weekend.

I feel like I should be moving to the 180 thread, and so I think I'll peek in there too. But I still want to hang with my girls, so I'm not totally leaving this thread!

lotsakids
03-04-2014, 10:57 AM
awesome Paulitens!! I have gone up and down so much in the past 2 weeks I feel like a carousel horse!! Going back and looking a before pictures is helping me to see how far I've come.

In May of last year I was in pain, short of breath, had just been diagnosed with metabolic syndrome. I was sad and miserable. I could hardly get up and down the stairs in my house and I had no hope of feeling better.

Today-

I've lost 80 pounds
I can walk 5 or more miles
I am in control of what goes into my mouth
I am not in pain!
My kids are making better food choices and working out more, because they see me working harder. :)
I am mentally much happier.
I need smaller clothes :) because even my smaller clothes are getting too big!

Make your own list!! It is amazing how much you realize what you've gained by getting sane with your eating!!

lotsakids
03-04-2014, 11:00 AM
Whoo hooo!! Llilith!!!!! rockin' the jeans!! I thought it was bout' time I put a picture up. I haven't figured out the whole before and after thing....

computer challenged.

jennybutler357
03-04-2014, 05:39 PM
Great idea lotsakids, gonna work on my list later!

So, I weighed in today at 187.6!! I was hoping to be under 189 so to have skipped 188 completely was a shock!! I have been drinking so much water this weekend though so that could have helped - normally I slack a bit at the weekend as I don't have my own routine but I have a real sore throat and feel thirsty all the time.

I think I hung around the 200s thread too long so I'm going to go and check out the 180s thread, I think it's more motivating for me to see people moving down and trying to catch up with them.

Well done everyone and hope to see y'all soon!!

lotsakids
03-04-2014, 07:25 PM
see you soon I hope jennybutler!!

scarletmeshell
03-04-2014, 09:04 PM
Oh ladies! So proud of all of you! Monday is my weigh in day and I was 193.6! I started a new job. I am really tired! Keep up the great work and I will check in soon!

lotsakids
03-05-2014, 07:57 AM
whoo hoooo!! saw 187.8 on the scale today!! It probably won't stick but it was there. twice. If I'm below 190 tomorrow I might just head over to the 180's thread.

TooWicky
03-05-2014, 09:16 AM
Hey guys :) I haven't checked in, in several days, which felt like a month in 3FC time, lol, and I'm loving the updates! Congrats to all the ladies who made leaps in the 180s!! Hope to join you in the next thread soon :carrot: Also gratz to Scarletmeshell on your new pants/job/greatweighin :cheer: And new jeans shout-out to Llilith as well!

My official weigh-in this past Monday was 189.0, which was up from the lowest weight of the week, but it was tied for my lowest official weigh-in. My last handful of weigh-ins look like this:

02/03/14 -- 190
02/10/14 -- 189.2
02/17/14 -- 190.4
02/24/14 -- 189.0
03/03/14 -- 189.0

5 weeks, one pound, lol, lawd. Let's not sugarcoat this - I have moved into maintenance calories. Upside: maintenance calories, at least at this weight, is a decent amount of food, especially considering I am not exercising at all. I don't exactly know what I am doing here. I've been doing some navel gazing, and it's true, I'm not unhappy at this weight. 190 was my soft goal as far as target weight; my will power apparently took it as a hard goal! For practical purposes, I'd like to be more securely in the Misses Dept sizes (currently I'm in 14/16 pants and XL shirts, so basically on the very max size of Misses.) For aesthetic purposes, I would like to lose about 14 more pounds and really get to my goal weight of 175. So I am going to keep trying :goodvibes: wish me luck

Llilith
03-05-2014, 11:05 AM
lotsakids - I love the list! So much awesome there!

scarletmeshell - Congrats on starting the new job and on your 193.6!!

TooWicky - I've been having the same issue with only losing a few pounds in several weeks lately - but I'm not near maintenance LOL. It just slows down as you get closer, I think. The point is I'm still tracking everything I eat and I'm still working my butt off with exercise, so it's all good! I know you can get to your goal of 175! You got this.

Today I'm 186.4 - that's a new low for me, I'm really excited. Now, I have to not let this derail me like it sometimes does. For some reason when I see a new low number I somehow go into eating machine mode. I have no idea why but being conscious of it should help avoid that.

noshoes
03-05-2014, 11:23 PM
Here is my list, lotsakids.

I've lost 15 kilos
I can walk over 10km, run over 3km and cycle over 15km.
I don't need to let food control my life
I feel lighter
My kids are interested in training with me and in entering race events with me ( 2 did 2km kids event last month while I did 5km)
I am less stressed.
I fit 'normal size' clothing.

lotsakids
03-06-2014, 08:44 AM
Wow noshoes! I love your list! I am thinking of doing a 5K this year too.

llilith - I know what you mean, about turning into an eating machine. Our bodies are strange, I almost always have a bounce up after a drop and I think my body thinks its hungrier.

Well I saw 189.0 this morning, up from yesterday but a lot more believable than yesterday's strangeness. I may have to go check in on the 180's board today!! Either that or get a new scale, which is scary LOL.

scarletmeshell
03-09-2014, 05:48 PM
Ladies you are doing so well! Thank you for still checking in on this thread. If you didn't I would be here by myself!
I had the most horrible time last thurs! I had a dentist apt. to get a wisdom tooth removed. It was my day off. The dentist couldn't get the tooth all the way out and cracked my jaw and sent me all the way across town bleeding to an oral surgeon. The dental tech there saw me and teared up. The surgeon told me he has never seen someone so mutilated. He had to give me 10 stitches. It was terrible! I was very sick friday. We had a bday party yesterday for my son that died but it was really nice. I haven't been eating on plan, just eating what I can!

TooWicky
03-10-2014, 08:43 AM
scarletmeshell, goodness, how are you feeling?? Better I hope! How is your swelling? What a story :( I have to have a wisdom tooth out >< and I have been avoiding it. I have never had a cavity, dental work, nor tooth pulled in my life. One of my wisdom teeth grew in at a slight angle and sort of slo-mo crashed into the molar in front of it, the crash part happening under the gum line where I couldn't see it. They have to come out! I do not want to have this done, but it will have to be eventually dealt with. It's not usual or ideal for a person my age to have wisdom teeth pulled (they have to come out in pairs, so if you have to have the lower one pulled, the corresponding upper one needs to come out, too.) I have major anxiety even thinking about it. I already had a consult last year with an oral surgeon, so all I have to do is schedule the surgery. *hugs* regarding the birthday party for your son who has passed on!

I have neither good news or bad news about my current weight; it has remained right at about 189-190, which is expected since I am not adhering to daily calorie limits. However, I do have a few of NSVs:

-I went down another brassiere band size! So happee
-I went snow tubing all day yesterday!!! I have such a different life now that I am not morbidly obese. I would never have even attempted a snowtubing day before, but the new me did and succeeded! I walked all around dragging a tube behind me, got in and out of the tube no problem, and just screamed with abandon down every hill. It was a wonderful family day. I was so ecstatic to be doing an activity right alongside my husband and children rather than be a spectator of my own life. It wasn't the most vigorous activity, but I certainly wasn't in any way tired out. My "new" life is so much more than a change in appearance I can't even explain!!
-I have spent 5 weeks at pretty much the same weight (within a pound or so.) My previous rate of weight loss was about 2 lbs per week, so this "stall" is a marked change. Anyway, just wanted to mention the NSV that the skin on my neck is tightening up a wee bit. Seems like my skin is catching up a little while I'm taking a diet breather if you will.

Hope everyone is doing well with their goals :dust:

lotsakids
03-10-2014, 10:33 AM
back here today! 191.4 this morning. I so so tired today too. Must beat daylight savings time, and do my exercise. On a happy note, my toilet hasn't frozen in 4 days which is a record for this winter :)

TooWicky - love your NSV's!! I've been more present in my life too and I love it!

lotsakids
03-11-2014, 08:37 AM
and up again. 194.6 - thinking too much sodium yesterday (I made chinese food- no rice, but there was soy sauce) I think I may have had a reaction to the soy sauce too, horrible pain in my stomach last night. I've been gluten free for 6 months and discovered that most soy sauce has gluten in it. Lots of water today.

lotsakids
03-12-2014, 09:36 AM
Well, with a weight of 195, it looks like I'm going to have to get comfy here for the long haul. I did measure my waist though and in the past month I've lost 2 inches and each of my thighs and calves have lost an inch. And I am down an inch in my ahem... chest.

Not sure what is going on weight wise but I can see the changes so I guess I'll just keep on doing what I'm doing and hope my scale catches up with me.

unfortunately, it looks like I'm going to be alone here for awhile :(

Llilith
03-12-2014, 02:35 PM
Scarletmeshell - oh wow, I'm so sorry for your dental troubles. Dental pain is the WORST. It sounds like you need to file a complaint with whoever governs dentists in your area. What a jerk. Seriously, I wouldn't let it go. How can he treat people like that and sleep at night?

The birthday party sounds like a nice way to honor your son. You are a good mama. :-)

I hope your jaw feels better soon - boy what a weight loss plan huh?

TooWicky - I'm so happy for you about your NSV of being part of the action and not on the sidelines. Good for you! This is the stuff that makes it all worth it, isn't it? Yay for tightening neck skin too!

lotsakids - Inches gone!! woohoo. When I started exercising I gained a bit and even stopped losing for awhile. I think it's water. Keep on keeping on! I hope your tummy feels better. I've been getting punished a bit myself when I eat something that is too rich - a few days of sore tummy when I overdo it - I guess it's a good way to stay on track.

I'm 187.6 today, a bounce up from my low of 185.6. Not sure why because I have stayed on plan this week and have been doing my exercise. I don't have my period anymore since I had an endometrial ablation - but I still have a cycle and get puffy and *****y. I think I'm puffy and *****y right now. So, hopefully I'll see a woosh in a few days. :-)

NSV - my old navy jeans are too big. I wore them once and they stretched out like crazy. So I returned them for a SIZE14 yayayayay.

lotsakids
03-12-2014, 05:47 PM
Whoo hoo Llilith!!! Size 14 jeans from Old Navy!!!! I have 2 size 14's that I wear and I feel downright skinny in them. I unfortunately have a pair of 16s that I bought at the thrift store that barely button up, I try them on every couple of days to see if I've won yet!

TooWicky
03-13-2014, 11:11 AM
lotsakids, Chinese food is so awesome, in fact, I'm going to have some for dinner tonight, but man oh man, what a price to pay afterward water retention wise! I'm sure that's what happened. Did you up your water intake to flush it out? I'm legit going to have water bottles on stand by tonight and tomorrow.

Llilith, so good to hear from you! How is life in the 180s thread? How AWFUL that your jeans were too big :D Also, I enjoyed playing Wheel Of Fortune with your asterisked-out words... I have decided you were puffy and FLUFFy.

noshoes, I hadn't responded to your earlier post, but well done on your fitness capabilities. I know I sound like a broken record, but I really need to get motivated and start working out. It seems like all of my threadmates here are doing regular exercise except for me!

I did not want to get on the scale at all this morning because I haven't been tallying calories and have been eating horribly (well, eating with a modicum of restraint is probably more accurate, but still pretty bad.) I have not been weighing daily, but today I weighed in at 189.6 lbs!! I'll take it. Miracle that I am still apparently eating at maintenance. So I am still trying to get back into diet mode. I feel great, but I would like to make some effort to get to my target weight.

Springtime seems to bring out a lot of seasonal dieters, because it seems suddenly a lot of my slightly overweight friends are trying to shed 10-20 lbs for bathing suit season and summer in general. I'm being dragged into weight loss conversations where I have the unenviable task of telling them that the way to lose weight is to eat at a calorie deficit - very unexciting stuff.

lotsakids
03-13-2014, 06:21 PM
193.2 today, better. I am upping my water TooWicky so much I feel like I'm going to float away :)

bumping up my exercise and shortening my eating window (nothing after dinner) will hopefully get me back on track.

lotsakids
03-14-2014, 10:33 AM
191.6 today, but the weekend is coming :( Got to stay focused.

scarletmeshell
03-14-2014, 09:28 PM
Hello Ladies!
TooWicky, good for you and your tubing and smaller bra size! Don't be afraid about the dental work. An oral surgeon is the way to go. Just take the pain meds, take it easy, and eat soup!
Llilith so happy your jeans are to big!
Lotsakids keep fighting those jeans! You will win!
I am feeling better. I am not sick to my stomach anymore and am very happy about that. I had to eat very soft food for a while and it was funny how I missed my heathy food. Who knew you could get sick of mashed potatoes? My mouth is still messsed up and probably will need some repair work. One exciting this that I found out at my nightmare dentist appointment is I now have normal blood pressure. It was 106/69! It was borderline high for years. I am done to 191.0 today. I have done a little exercising...very little! ha!
I gave my 2 weeks notice at my new job. It was not for me and couldn't live like that. I don't need the money right now and I may need a bit more time to grieve.
Great job my beautiful chickies!

lotsakids
03-15-2014, 06:50 PM
Scarlet! you are going to be leaving this thread soon soon soon! I'm glad you are feeling better and that you've decided to quit your job, hope that this season is full of reflection and not just sadness.

stayed at 191.6 today. Two days in a row at the same weight that in itself is a victory.

scarletmeshell
03-16-2014, 09:37 AM
lotsakids-Donna thank you so much! I feel better just turning in my 2 weeks notice. 189.0 today!

There was talk about chinese food which I love! I love sushi. Instead of soy sauce I put lemon on mine. It is really good! Even low sodium soy sauce isn't low sodium. That is a bit aggrivating!

lotsakids
03-17-2014, 11:35 AM
whoo Scarlett, you are out of here!!!

I am firmly here. 195 yesterday, 194 today. I hope I'll inch down over the week but not holding out a lot of hope. Just keep on doing what I know to do.

scarletmeshell
03-17-2014, 09:33 PM
Hey Donna! You are right, just keep doing it. I had a really hard time in Feb. I count calories and use myfitnesspal. I am under my calories today but I feel full and that kind of freaks me out a bit. I know that sounds crazy. I guess being messed up about food is what got me here! Just keep doing what you are doing! 188.9 today!

lotsakids
03-18-2014, 11:25 AM
Whoo hoo Scarlett! I'm at 193.2 today. I think my body is liking the 190's too much to leave. Pretty soon I'll be the only voice echoing in here :)

noshoes
03-18-2014, 11:49 PM
87.5kg 193 pounds

I thought my weight loss would slow down at 90kg ( my usual weight over the past ten or so years before I gained the extra last year) but thankfully it keeps dropping. I think it has a great deal to do with what I am eating.

RareandUnknown931319
03-18-2014, 11:55 PM
Oh wow! You look so pretty and lean. I can't believe you even used to be obese. You are beautiful girl, and your practically glowing! Keep up the good work!

scarletmeshell
03-19-2014, 07:07 AM
Morning Everyone!

lotsakids
03-19-2014, 09:46 AM
good morning!! I'm at 191.2 today been there before, just going to hope I can get over this decade eventually. It has been almost 3 months! I don't mind losing 5 pounds a month, that's okay, but to lose it and gain it over and over again while keeping my diet the same and bumping up the exercise seems like a mean trick my body is playing on me. Ah well, my clothes are getting looser even if my weight is staying within a 5-6 pound range.

lotsakids
03-20-2014, 09:26 AM
190.8 today, it's getting lonely in here :)

On a really good note, my BMI has dropped from being Severly Obese to Moderately Obese. That is an accomplishment. 20 more pounds and I will just be overweight!!

SeeMyFeet
03-20-2014, 12:18 PM
Hi all.....just poking my head in.....I've been waiting and waiting and waiting for my ticket to ride the 190s train...not quite there yet, but getting close! Maybe in another week?!?!?

There is a whole group of you way ahead of me in these decades threads and another big group right behind me. I hope I'm not alone in this thread next week!

scarletmeshell
03-20-2014, 02:45 PM
Donna, it is interesting how our weight sometimes just stays the same. It is frustrating but I always tell myself it is better than and gain.
Welcome SeeMyFeet!

lotsakids
03-20-2014, 05:19 PM
Seemyfeet, I'm almost convinced I'm going to be putting down roots here LOL! I've seen this weight many times in the last couple of months but I will continue working on getting to the next decade.

Scarlett, if it would stay the same :) It goes up and down by 5 or more pounds! Weekends kill me, not changing up what I eat, but I think because of our Sunday schedule I'm eating too late at night.

lotsakids
03-21-2014, 09:55 AM
192.8 - bumped up exercise, My daughters sing together and we were out late last night. Sometimes lack of sleep shows up on the scale for me, we were home by 11 but of course I couldn't sleep.

lotsakids
03-22-2014, 08:21 AM
and 193.2 today... ah the weekend...

EmilieMarie
03-23-2014, 03:57 PM
Hi everyone! I'm new-ish (ok, really I'm new), and I'm hoping I can skip out on this thread quickly. 192 this morning, which is 2 pounds down from my heaviest and the point of me realize I really have to get my stuff together and be healthy. I'm looking at the 2lb loss as a positive :)

lotsakids
03-24-2014, 07:58 AM
Welcome Emilie, glad to see you here.

I am at 191 this morning. I have seen this weight before though so we'll see if it sticks.

SeeMyFeet
03-24-2014, 10:23 AM
Well....I don't like to think of myself as "old", much less "busted", but I'm here in the 190s! woohoo :carrot: I can't believe I finally made it! By my reckoning, I will be here until May. (assuming all goes well)...we'll have lots of crazy weather to complain about (SNOW again today?!?!?)....and lots to share.

I sure am glad these threads are down to increments of 10lb!!

lotsakids
03-24-2014, 03:00 PM
welcome to the thread Seemyfeet! Congrats on getting here :) I've been trying to leave for 3 months now LOL.

noshoes
03-25-2014, 01:07 AM
Congrats Seemyfeet!

190.2 pounds, what?!
I might be leaving this thread soon.

noshoes
03-25-2014, 01:14 AM
Sounds frustrating lotsakids (how many kids exactly? I have five, not many really but these days its above average), that would be annoying 3 months of up and down. I get annoyed over a week when that happens but its usually lower each week.

lotsakids
03-25-2014, 08:35 AM
we have 11 kids, (10 births and 1 nephew we raised from age 7) ages 34-13. Five kids is a lot, once they outnumber you :) it's a lot! We only have 4 that are under 18 now and life has gotten a lot easier than it was during the baby years. I love my teens and young adults, they are amazing people. My daughters 22 and 15(I only have 2 girls) sing gospel music (and depending on the venue jazz, country and blues) together so we are kept pretty busy going to open mics and church concerts. I finally feel like I can keep up!

I am at 191 again today, I'm okay being here, it is kind of a good place to rest for a bit. I spent the last 30 years being over 250 pounds so I think my body has to rest a bit at this weight.

EmilieMarie
03-25-2014, 10:04 AM
191 today. So progress, but...not quick enough for me. Sigh.

lotsakids
03-26-2014, 09:08 AM
still 191 for me today, the scale started at 187 and went up. That is usually a good sign but who knows.

EmilieMarie
03-26-2014, 12:58 PM
Wooo! Hope it is definitely a good sign lotsakids!

I went back up to 192.2 today. Boo :(

letsgetaway
03-27-2014, 03:04 AM
well, i'm actually 200.0 but by the end of this week, i should be temporarily joining the 190s club before slipping into lower digits. :D

lotsakids
03-27-2014, 11:58 AM
nope, back up to 193 today but I went to the doctor and fully dressed I was at 195 so I'm pretty sure my scale is accurate. My blood pressure was 210/110 last May and today.... drum roll...... 120/62!!

letsgetaway
03-28-2014, 05:01 PM
today's empty stomach morning weighing reveals 198.4! i haven't weighed in since Monday. I like this progress so far. :)

scarletmeshell
03-29-2014, 11:08 AM
Hey Everyone! I have been sad and busy but I think things will get better.
I have been maintaining my wieght and eating to much. It is frustrating because it is my fault! ha!
Donna, that is indeed lotsakids!
Keep up the good work everyone!

lotsakids
03-29-2014, 08:13 PM
Hi Scarlett,

Hope you are being good to yourself!! Nice to see you visit here again.

I was at 190.2 this morning, but its the weekend and that never bodes well. Took my bible quiz team to state finals and they were undefeated! Unfortunately I'm too pooped to get any exercise in. The life of a coach.

scarletmeshell
03-30-2014, 09:45 AM
Donna congrats on the big win! That is wonderful! I am doing better. My last day at work was friday and that really helps.

lotsakids
03-30-2014, 02:34 PM
still at 190 this morning, I'm kind of messed up on Sundays due to church and life so I'll have to see where I am tomorrow.

scarletmeshell
03-30-2014, 07:38 PM
There are times when the scale is stuck for me or I keep loosing the same 2lbs but to be honest sometimes I am just happy I am not gaining!

lotsakids
03-31-2014, 09:52 AM
I agree Scarlett, only my up and down is sometimes 5 pounds!! Today I was 191, not great but the lowest Monday weight in a while.

lotsakids
04-01-2014, 08:07 AM
Sad when I have to go looking for the 190's thread... pretty lonely in here. I am at 189 today, but who knows it could just be an April fools joke my body is playing on me.

scarletmeshell
04-01-2014, 10:42 AM
It is a bit frustrating. I think I am going to have to really exercise. I am going to try and walk more. I was loosing when I was walking. I can't really eat less.

lotsakids
04-01-2014, 12:52 PM
I've done Leslie Sansones walking program all winter Scarlett. Its a great workout and incorporates more than walking. Today I got to walk outside which I probably shouldn't have done it was way too cold! 32 degrees cold, never actually warmed up and I walked 6 miles.

lotsakids
04-02-2014, 08:07 AM
188.2 this morning, oh that it would stay :) Who knows maybe I'll brave the other thread pretty soon. Don't want to have to return so if I don't leave....

lotsakids
04-03-2014, 10:14 AM
three days under 190... I'm gonna go back and forth between the two threads. Changed my ticker so that I don't keep looking at 192 and thinking my 2 pounds up and down get to be over 192!

Lea de Lonval
04-05-2014, 03:20 AM
Hi Everyone,

I'm here with you in the 190's. Hoping to make my stay here short and sweet but we'll see how it goes. Lotsakids I admire your reserve!

SeeMyFeet
04-05-2014, 02:22 PM
Hello all. I'm back! Whew! Where has the time gone?

Well, I'm in forum thread purgatory. That 2 has been coming back. :( After reaching OnderLand, I had the expected bounce-up, but I'm having a difficult time getting the scale to bounce down. I have been working 18 hour days, having trouble with the big C(on) and water weight retention (legs swelling). I'm sure it's from stress and sitting at the computer too long. I hope to stop straddling the fence soon and become a card-carrying member of this thread!

Lea de Lonval
04-05-2014, 04:01 PM
Hello SeeMyFeet! Nice to have some company. 18 hour days!? :dizzy: My guess is once your able to relax and catch up on some zzz's you'll have that card in your wallet!

SeeMyFeet
04-07-2014, 09:54 AM
Thanks Lea! I did catch up on sleep over the weekend, and kept calories nice and low. And I'm still waiting for my card!

I was feeling buoyed by the fact that my current size of pants is hanging loosely, so I went digging in the closet for the next lower size. Boy! What a wake up call! I have a way to go before I can fit into them. Ugh. I just want to be happy to be firmly in OnederLand....

lotsakids
04-07-2014, 10:16 AM
You will do it Seemyfeet!! I bounce between the 190 forum and the 180 forum, really expected to live here forever! Mondays are not usually a good weigh in day for me but it was 188.4 today. I expected more.

Lea de Lonval
04-07-2014, 11:40 PM
I feel ya Seemyfeet! I've got a closet full of clothes it's going to take a w.h.i.l.e. to get back into! Glad to hear you got some rest. That cards going to be here any day now. So far I'm holding steady to my mini goals but have yet to see any change on the scale. Ah well, I've only just started last week.

SeeMyFeet
04-07-2014, 11:46 PM
Whoa Lotsakids! Guess this thread isn't big enough for the both of us!

Congrats!:carrot:(There's no dancing carrot with a green-with-envy face!)

nonameslob
04-08-2014, 09:11 AM
:wave:

I'm not here yet. Maybe if I post here, I'll get to Onderland faster...still trying to catch up with you, SeeMyFeet!

Hope to see you all soon :)

SeeMyFeet
04-08-2014, 09:37 AM
well, that was my strategy, noname. I saw a 1 on the scale and came down here with it. I've been bouncing up quite a bit, and it's been a struggle to move down again. Let's keep plugging along!

lotsakids
04-08-2014, 10:25 AM
188.4 again today, I'm hopefull that I get to stay in the 180's but I'm still bouncing back and forth between the two threads. Finding I have to eat less now to maintain weight and even less to lose it. Slowly cutting back yet again.

Lea de Lonval
04-10-2014, 01:51 PM
Yay! Today is my first official weigh in and I'm down by 4 lbs. I've stuck with my mini goals and looks like it's working. Feelin' good!

katiepie7312
04-11-2014, 11:11 AM
Hello Fellow Weight Loss Ladies!

I just found this forum and have been on my journey for a smidge over 2 months now and am so glad to have found this forum. Everyone seems so supportive!!! I have yo-yo'ed my whole life with the leanest weight being around 135 pounds when I was about 21 years old. What I wouldn't give to be that weight again. So here I am on my journey to be the hottie I used to be more determined then ever. The biggest reason of my weight loss goal is to avoid the possibility of pre-diabetes. Scary stuff and I knew that I was creeping up to that point being only 5'2 and over 200 pounds. I am ready for change, a permanent change and think this forum is a great source of encouragement. So THANK YOU!!!!!

I want get a ticker up here but need at least 25 posts, so I will be posting away this weekend! :)

xRiotGirl
04-13-2014, 11:32 AM
Hi everyone! Like noname and SeeMyFeet I'm not here officially yet, but just a smidge away. Thought I would come say hi :)

SeeMyFeet
04-13-2014, 11:23 PM
Oh Hey! everyone!

I've been skipping school.....or placed in detention. I feel the shame of failing an exam that everyone else has Aced, and I'm hiding my papers under my desk! I don't want to go reporting my score on all those threads I signed up for, and I don't know if I should be posting here or if I should go back a grade. Sigh. I decided to keep posting here and not move my ticker up. I don't want to give myself permission to fail. I'm developing a "starting anew" attitude and considering this a minor setback/plateau.

I have been feeling tired and stressed lately and it shows on the scale. I'm keeping track of calories, and I confess I've been consuming more, but only a bit--an extra serving of pistachios here, extra glass of milk there. My coffee consumption has actually been lower (less creamer) because I don't have time to make it. I'm sure it's the lack of exercise and stress--the working with malicious people kind of stress. Anyway, I'm scared because I made zero progress from Feb to Nov of last year, and I don't want to fall into that same trap this year.

:fr: Help me out ladies....I'm being sucked into that black hole again! :fr:

Or maybe it's just time for me to re-configure things...I don't know....I've been keeping excellent records since Dec 1, and I can see my rate of weight loss steadily drop.

so g'night all. Time for this: :kickbutt: (no smiley for kicking my own butt!)

xRiotGirl
04-16-2014, 09:25 AM
Maybe find a new little goal to work towards. Or shop around until you find a workout that REALLY piques your interest, so that you just HAVE to try it. :p I'm pullin' for you, I know you're working hard. But at least your mindset is right. Hang in there, I think everyone goes through these rough patches.

SeeMyFeet
04-16-2014, 09:54 AM
Oh hey RiotGirl! Looks like you're here to stay! I'm plugging along. I'm hoping this is bloat and will come off quickly. I've had some RA flareups with swelling recently, so hoping that's it. I'm too impatient and get even more frustrated when I'm not making progress.

It's quiet in here! We need more chatters!

Lea de Lonval
04-16-2014, 02:14 PM
I'm still here too. I've been sticking with my plan but the scale is up a pound. Tomorrow is my weigh in day, we'll see what it says then. No matter what though I've decided this time to have patience with myself. If things haven't changed in the next couple weeks I'll re-evaluate.

xRiotGirl
04-16-2014, 05:42 PM
I'm going to let Friday's weigh in decide whether I'm officially here or not! haha :p Don't wanna jump the gun.

SeeMyFeet
04-17-2014, 01:29 AM
Oh No, RiotGirl! There's no going back! Keep moving those boxes in here! They're taking the keys to your old apartment, so it's here or the streets, babe!

Wannabehealthy
04-17-2014, 12:18 PM
Hello everyone! I have been in the 190s for longer than I'm willing to admit publicly, but now that I've reached the halfway mark I think I just might be able to get to the 180s if I try really hard. Maybe coming here and being accountable will help. I see several people in the lower decades who used to be here in the 190s, so if they can do it, I can do it.

Llilith
04-17-2014, 01:09 PM
Hello everyone! I have been in the 190s for longer than I'm willing to admit publicly, but now that I've reached the halfway mark I think I just might be able to get to the 180s if I try really hard. Maybe coming here and being accountable will help. I see several people in the lower decades who used to be here in the 190s, so if they can do it, I can do it.

You totally can :) You got this!:D

Olivia7906
04-17-2014, 08:11 PM

And I look at you and say the same thing....if she can get to the 190's so can I! See how that works lol...you're a motivation when you don't even notice it :D

Lea de Lonval
04-18-2014, 04:39 AM
Wannabehealthy I am using this thread to be accountable as well!
Thursdays are my official weigh in days and I weighed in this morning at 191. So far I've stuck with the plan (healthy food and calorie counting)and so far so good. I feel a tiny bit smaller. Cheers everyone!

Olivia7906
04-18-2014, 08:11 AM
Hi everyone! I'm peeking in here (I'm not officially here yet) and hoping I can move down to this thread in a few days. :D

Wannabehealthy
04-18-2014, 08:45 AM
I am happy to be here with such nice people and motivating others! I am down to 194 this morning. This was a repeat after a 2 lb gain earlier in the week that was probably fluid retention. My all time low was 182 in 2012. Then I had surgery and my eating went out of control and exercise went by the wayside and I gained 20 lbs. I would like to at least get to 179 so I will be lower than I was before and will once again fit into the clothes I had bought at that weight. But I don't want to get ahead of myself. 1 pound at a time is a victory IMO.

Ladies, start your engines! LOL

xRiotGirl
04-18-2014, 11:00 AM
^Hey, we have the same goal. :p My lowest is 180, so that my new mini goal: to BEAT my old low! And yes, I too still have all of the clothes I bought around that time..just waiting to be dusted off and worn again.Good luck to you . :)

Olivia7906
04-19-2014, 10:54 AM
Hi everyone! I weighed in at 199.50 this morning so I'm going to take my seat here in this thread ;) I was going to wait to see if it stuck but what the heck....I'm going to keep moving it forward! Glad to be here! :D

jodoto
04-19-2014, 11:07 AM
Hi Everyone! I just wanted to say hi....and congratulate all of you! Maybe one day I will join you! Hope to see all of you skinny minis in the future! Congrats to all of you!!!!! Jodoto

Olivia7906
04-19-2014, 07:39 PM
Hi Everyone! I just wanted to say hi....and congratulate all of you! Maybe one day I will join you! Hope to see all of you skinny minis in the future! Congrats to all of you!!!!! Jodoto

:hug::hug: You WILL get here! See you ligther! :D

xRiotGirl
04-20-2014, 09:43 AM
Okay, I am here officially! Down to 196.8 and keepin' in there! Well, just not going any higher at least...

Olivia7906
04-22-2014, 06:37 AM
Great job, xRiotGirl! Now let's work on getting out of here! :D

I weighed in at 195.75 today. I've had a really great month with weight loss so, if I know my body correctly, I'll more than likely be hanging out in the 190's for a bit. I'm completely happy with that. ;)

Hope everyone is doing well and is working off that Easter food! :D

xRiotGirl
04-23-2014, 12:20 PM
^Holy moly, that's awesome. I hope you break your trend this time. :D

Okay, so, I went a little higher. I had some crazy days. Easter I basically didn't eat anything all day and still went over on cals by 1200, (okay, it's because I had a milkshake with TAKEOUT dinner). :dizzy: But it's all good, I'm right back to things again. That's all you can do is get right back to it.

Yesterday I went for my first run basically since high school! I knew I missed running, I didn't realize how much.. Running never lets me down, I always feel like a different person when I've finished.

It's kinda quiet in here, hope everyone is just chuggin along. :D

Olivia7906
04-23-2014, 12:29 PM
xRiotGirl - great attitude! All you can do is keep it moving forward ;) I must say, I LOOOOOVE running too. It just feels so darn good! Running has never failed me either and has always been my key to fast weight loss. For some reason, my body likes it for weight loss. I did Insanity a while back and I had to add running in order to see better results lol. Now I just do running (with weight training) and I couldn't be happier :D

It IS very quiet in here.....let's get the conversations going! :gossip:

jodoto
04-23-2014, 06:52 PM
Man I miss you guys....Olivia...I posted to you over on the other thread!

Olivia7906
04-23-2014, 07:34 PM
Got it! Nice to have you back!! ;)

Lea de Lonval
04-24-2014, 02:37 PM
Weigh in day and still holding steady at 191 which means I didn't lose anything for the week. I've been sticking with the plan so I'm going to give it another week before I adjust anything. I may even try upping the calories first if I do make any changes as they may be a little low for my body weight and putting my body on *starvation* alert. At any rate I'm taking motivation from the rest of you lovelies and not doing anything drastic. One step at a time. Nice to see more people here in the thread!

xRiotGirl
04-24-2014, 11:50 PM
You're so close, you'll get there. :D

Olivia7906
04-25-2014, 06:18 AM
Good Morning Everyone!

I'm holding steady at 194.75 which is awesome ;)

I'm going to try to push out my usual 2 mile jog on the treadmill this AM. I hadn't jogged in 10 days so when I got back to it yesterday, I could only do 1.5 miles. It's funny how the time off sets you back.

TGIF!! HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND! :D

nonameslob
04-25-2014, 09:13 AM
*dips toe into thread*

Getting closer....you guys are so motivating! Ack! See you next week?!

Olivia7906
04-25-2014, 10:25 AM
Come on over nonameslob! Can't wait to have you over here! :D You are crazy close!

Olivia7906
04-26-2014, 08:51 AM
Yesterday, I ate a HUGE amount of vegetables throughout the day (raw salads with homemade dressings & sauteed veggies) and stuffed down fruits of various kinds too lol. Without moving the bowels, you'd think the scale wouldn't budge (I'm telling you the volume of vegetables was huge), but I still managed to lose 1.25 lbs. So I'm 193.50 this morning. Gonna enjoy the weekend with my nieces and kids.

Have a great weekend!

xRiotGirl
04-26-2014, 12:33 PM
@noname We're waitin' for ya! Get over here!
@Olivia Congratsss! My goodness you're almost out of here already!

I'm a bit frustrated this morning BUT trying not to be. In the past I would have a few "off" days in a week and still manage to lose weight, but this week I had a really fantastic week with a lot of great exercise and calorie deficits, and I've actually gained a pound. -.- Now, I've witnessed this sort of thing happen to others...I've just started running this week, (1. change of exercise routine), I finally did a little weights workout yesterday, (2. strength training), and I'm finishing off TOM while also dealing with a different, personal body issue, (3. potential TOM fluctuation, 4. water retention from stress). I would see people go through these things, be frustrated, and tell myself that when that inevitably happened to me I'd be able to sail right over it because I would know exactly why it was happening. But, NO, here I am being frustrated.

Anyway, I'm trying to be patient but I'm up to 198.2 as of this morning with a rising body fat % and it just makes no sense to me. :(

Olivia7906
04-27-2014, 08:15 AM
xRiotGirl - It's interesting how we can KNOW why the fluctuations will happen and still become upset when they actually do happen lol. This disparity between what we know and our reaction to it, for me, had to do with acceptance. I can know the scale will fluctuate. But until I truly accept it, riddening myself of the frustration was nearly impossible. You are doing the right things obviously.....the hard part is surrendering. ;) Sorry to hear you are dealing with extra stress....I hope it gets better soon.

Holding steady today at 193.50 lbs. It's a lovely day. I'm going to grocery shop and then go outside to take my bike for a quick spin.

Happy Sunday! :D

Olivia7906
04-29-2014, 08:16 AM
This thread is definitely "old and busted" lol. The 190's is just not that popular so it's time for me to get out of them ;)

192.75 lbs. I might peak into the 180's thread where it's live and happening! :D

Eydawn
04-29-2014, 02:49 PM
*waves*

Hi folks... can I join y'all here? Finally solidly in Onederland... down to 197.4 this morning... been down under 200 for about a week (I flux pretty widely up and down.)

Hoping to hit the 180's soon! Hope everyone has an awesome day...

xRiotGirl
04-29-2014, 05:59 PM
Hi there :p
Hey, we weigh the same! hehe. Welcome.

Olivia7906
04-29-2014, 05:59 PM
Hi Eydawn! Please join because there isn't much activity here lately ;) I'm with you on looking to hit the 180's soon! Let's do this! :D

xRiotGirl
04-30-2014, 02:13 PM
Breathing a sigh of relief today as I'm finally back down to 196.6! I knew what to expect of my weight, up until now. After a really great week I gained weight, but now I haven't worked out all week, (except for a 30 min walk to work about each day), because my shoulder has been bothering me and I've lost weight. Huh? lol..not complaining about the loss, but I'm sad if this means that my system doesn't work anymore!

Olivia7906
04-30-2014, 02:30 PM
xRiotGirl - Maybe your body just needed a break from the exercise and all? I'm a huge believer in rest days and adequate sleep as significant benefits to weight loss. Either way, I'm glad the scale is moving for you again! :D

192.50 today for me. TOM is just about here and I have a really tough exercise day planned tomorrow. Usually I'm drained of energy during the first couple days of TOM. I'm hoping to be able to push it tomorrow. Eating lots today for the fuel for tomorrow. ;)

Olivia7906
05-01-2014, 06:35 AM
I guess my own philosophy is still proving to work for me lol. I took a rest day yesterday and went to bed early last night to get some extra rest. I woke up 0.50 lbs lighter and truly wasn't expecting that with TOM hours away and a heavier eating day with bread/dairy/starch.

192.00 lbs this morning and looking forward to my exercise day!

Happy Thursday everyone! ;)

Wannabehealthy
05-01-2014, 07:50 AM
I gained a couple then lost them again, so I'm still here at 194. I'm trying to decide how I will celebrate when I reach 189. I don't want to buy new clothes, as I have tons of them that will fit as the weight goes down. For a while now I have been wanting to get my pierced ear holes repaired, as they are stretched out from heavy earrings. That's really expensive, but I'm worth it!

Wannabehealthy
05-01-2014, 07:54 AM
Oh, I see I have some serious competition going on here. Who will get there FIRST!

Olivia7906
05-01-2014, 08:15 AM
wannabehealthy - I also have too many smaller clothes to get into as I lose the weight so I don't want to buy any more clothes either. I think I'm going for a pedicure as my 180's treat! :D And yes, the competition is on! LOL! It's a race to the 180's! ;)

Wannabehealthy
05-02-2014, 08:32 AM
I'm down another half lbs this morning. Not enough to change my ticker, but a loss just the same!

Since I am retired I don't buy many dress clothes, but I do need to have something to wear if the occasion rises. Yesterday I tried on a summer dress I haven't worn for a few years and I can get it on AND zip it all the way up, but it's a little too snug to be worn in public. The proper under garments would help, but I'm hoping to fit into it soon so I don't have to buy another dress. My pants are another story. I probably won't get into them until I reach the 170s. I'm working on it, and you guys are really challenging me! I'm going to peek into the 180s and see what the competition is there. I know a few people who swept through the decades like it was nothing. It's always a struggle for me.

xRiotGirl
05-03-2014, 12:27 PM
This weekend was birthday weekend for me, so dinners out and Cannoli Cake. Mmmmm. Might just wait until my normal Tuesday to even touch a scale. Wish me luck :p

And YOU guys flying through up there! So excited for you :D

xRiotGirl
05-05-2014, 10:07 AM
I took the plunge today and weighed in..haha. The results were positive: 194.8! I'm very surprised that I lost as I haven't worked out in a week, but I have been leaving a bigger deficit in cals to make up for it..so I suppose it makes sense. The exciting news is that my shoulder no longer hurts, all it needed was a little rest. So I can start working out again! :D

Wannabehealthy
05-07-2014, 08:34 AM
I've was on a roller coaster over the weekend. Actually up to 199 at one point, but back to 197 this morning. I get so mad at myself when I'm over the halway line and then go back up. I want 189 so bad!

xRiotGirl
05-07-2014, 10:40 AM
Sorry to hear you're going back and forth..trust me, I know how frustrating that is, I finally just broke through it myself. Just hang in there! Try not to get too down on yourself, that seems to only makes things worse. Hey, at least you're still under 200! :D

Well, I think I am experiencing that "whoosh" everyone is always talking about...So, I normally only weigh in 2 times a week to keep my sanity. Monday I weighed in because I hadn't touched a scale in about a week; weight went down. Tuesday I weighed in because it was my real weigh in day; weight went down. Today I weighed in because I figured what the ****, let's see what's happened; weight went down, again. I'm now down to 192.4. Can't believe that just like that I'm on my way out of here...3 days ago I was sitting very comfortably in the 197's!!

Wannabehealthy
05-10-2014, 10:08 AM
OMG, you guys are going to leave me in the dust! You are all doing so well. I am back down to 195 and am anticipating only a downward trend for the rest of this 190 decade. I'll catch up to you! Yesterday was such a good "on plan" day for me. I'm just going to keep hitting the "repeat" button.