South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2003, 06:21 AM   #1  
cranky & determined

Thumbs down SBD, Daily, FRIDAY, July 11th

Good Morning, you Gorgeous Chicks on the Beach!

Happy FRIDAY and here's to a dynamic, wonderful weekend on the Beahc!

We've got rain and cool weather this morning and my evil twin is nattering at me to not go out in the rain to my Yoga class but I'm wrastlin' her into submission.

My WL has stalled and I'm pretty sure it's too much dairy that's the culprit - I;'m gpomg tp add some berries - gradually - and maybe some Metamucil too as I'm (ahem) blocked - hope that's not TMI (too much information)

OK, I'll check in again later. Have a great day on the Beach! AND a great weekend, no matter what the weather's like where you are!

TTFN
Old 07-11-2003, 06:38 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Hey, Anna, wanna go halves on the Metamucil? I was OK when I was eating bean salads but...... That's one thing about Atkins - the higher fat gave me moving experiences! Sorry! TMI!

I am nearly falling out of ONEderland after some slips the past few days. A glass of wine here and a ju-jube there sure throws me. I will be focussing very hard on allowed foods only over the next few days. Do I have to go back to the beginning of Phase 1 in my counting? Maybe I'll just back up three days and call today Day 8.

Walking has not been on my agenda lately. My neighbour's little girl and her visiting cousin have been walking the Girls for an hour every day this week. That's great for the dogs but not so good for me. It's so easy to find something else to do. However, now that Shirleyanne has gone home, I'll try to get back at it. Not today though as we are finally having a rainy day. No matter how romantic folks say it is, walking in the rain with two dogs does NOT turn me on! Now maybe it would if The Boss was along!

I hope everyone has a great day on The Beach.
Old 07-11-2003, 06:55 AM   #3  

Height: 5'-2"

Anna and Ruth, you girls are disgusting!
THAT'S something I've never had a problem with.

It's rainy and cool here, too. I'm going to the gym with Mom... if only she'd call up and cancel. I'd love to crawl back into bed with a coffee and a book.
I'm so glad it's raining. (aside from the fact that my laundry is hanging on the line) My garden really needs it.

My WL has stalled, too. I've really been goofing up lately. Yesterday it was two sausage rolls and 4 chocolate chip cookies. ho hum.

Let's get it together for today, everyone! We can drop a pound this weekend (if only we could drop 30 in one weekend... one just doesn't do it for me).

And drink your water!!

Hugs to all.
Old 07-11-2003, 07:22 AM   #4  
GARDENING ADDICT

Good morning ladies

Melody~~~Welcome to the beach.

Ruth~~~I don't think that you need to go back to Day 1 again. Just get back on tract today and see how it goes over the next few days. If you haven't progressed as far as you wanted by then, then I would go slow in adding the phase 2 foods.

Anna~~~Thanks for starting the daily thread. Gosh you get up early. I hope you make it to your yoga class. You are a good influence. Now, if I can just drag my bootie downstairs and workout I would feel so much better about myself.

Ellis~~You're right!! Let's get it together and remember that most of weigh-in on Monday. Come on, we can do it
Old 07-11-2003, 08:27 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 266/225/130

Height: 5'1"

Thanks for the welcome. I haven't started the diet yet. I read the book yesterday and I am going to clean out my kitchen today and buy new groceries tomorrow and start Day 1 on Monday. I have a lot to lose and so does my husband so I think we are going to stay on Phase 1 for a month and just about the time when I go back to work (I am a teacher), I will be ready for Phase 2.

Anyone else staying on Phase 1 for longer than 2 weeks? One or two of the testimonials in the book said they stayed in Phase 1 for 4 weeks because they has a lot to lose.
Old 07-11-2003, 08:29 AM   #6  
GARDENING ADDICT

I was just over at the Prevention.com site trying to find some recipes and I came across a link to a site that lists many of the recipes from the members there. (such as Heide) There is also alot of other info there including the glycemic index, allowed foods, vegetarian, etc. I've bookmarked for easy reference.

http://pub46.************/brecipeexchange11667
Old 07-11-2003, 08:52 AM   #7  

good morning ladies!!! Woke up this morning and WOW, was it hazey!!! (or foggy) It seems to be burning off now...hot, humid day in Oklahoma!!! I am going to do a perfect on my eating today!!! Pistachios are gone and I won't be buying anymore!!! My worse time is night time. I want to eat then!! Have a good day!!
Old 07-11-2003, 09:00 AM   #8  

Thumbs down Good Morning

Good Morning. Wow it's raining torential downpours here this am. I just got back from driving dd to work. Helping her out this week. I just had coffee and a hardboiled egg. Having cooked eggs on hand make it easy when I don't feel like meal preperation.

Last edited by nysparkle; 07-11-2003 at 09:56 AM.
Old 07-11-2003, 09:26 AM   #9  
cranky & determined

HEE! Did the evil twin win? NO! I took both of us to yoga Got back and read your posts and totally agree! YES, Ellis Let's make today a together day on the Beach! we'll WI on Monday and report our WLs

So, YAY TEAM!!! we CAN (and will) . do it

Sil - thanks for the link!

Ruthie Glad you had fun with your pal - now it's back to the Beach with us Chicks Wish we could split that purchase... I'm reluctant to actually buy it - do you think the pills are as good as drinking that stuff?

Melody Welcome to the Beach thread!

I'll bee thinking of y'all on the Beach! In unity there is strength

See ya later!

Last edited by operadog; 07-11-2003 at 09:29 AM.
Old 07-11-2003, 10:38 AM   #10  

Height: 5'-2"

Hey darlings...

Where is Dentrassi? I disappear for a week, come back and find she's been blabbing away here, and then she disappears! She tells me she loves me... could she be lying?

I just had a good work-out at the gym with Mom. She's 78, and she's a fit babe. Fitter and thinner than I am. She's my inspiration.

Melody, I had planned on staying on Phase I for three weeks, but by the end of week 2 I was BORED, and dying to cheat. So I just added a couple of carbs from Phase II into my diet. It made a huge difference. I'm still not fully on Phase II. I'm afraid that if I add too many carbs at once I'll go hog-wild.
Do what's good for you. And good luck! This is a great plan!

Anna, I'm so glad you went to yoga! I was going to give you a kick in the butt, but was afraid you wouldn't listen.

NYsparkle, that's what I need! An egg!

Sil, thanks for the link! I'm going to check it out now...

Hi Whimsey...

Hugs to all
Old 07-11-2003, 11:04 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 227/227/140

Height: 5'9"

Hubby and I are starting Day 4...last night's dessert was pretty good. Made the lemon zest ricotta creme and added a little bit of lime juice...

One thing I have noticed is that I feel like I'm sleeping better at night...I was really feeling uncomfortable sleeping right before starting SB...

Keep it up Ladies!!!! Stick to it over the weekend...and let's have wonderful weight loss stories on Monday...

Making the world lighter one pound at a time...

Old 07-11-2003, 11:21 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 190/190/140

Height: 5'6"

Good morning everyone,

We are having a heat spell right now and am wishing it was raining here. Though if it was I am sure I would be cursing it because my 2 kids would be whinning about not going to the lake.

Speaking of the lake, my good friend yesterday had a good chuckle when she saw my funky tan lines on my legs. It seems that my belly is laying on my lap when I sit in my beach chair. So now I have rather large crescent shaped
white spots on my legs. At first I was trying to figure out how to sit to help get rid of them but then I decided I was better off just really working at losing the weight and the problem will go away.

Today is day 7 of Phase 1 and I plan on doing a little Pilates before hitting the lake.

Does this group check in on the weekends?
Old 07-11-2003, 12:47 PM   #13  

Hi everyone.
I've been reading your daily posts for inspiration. I've done fine on SB until last night. My dad made his homemade banana pudding. I just couldn't keep from having a bite. Oh well, I'll just start fresh today!
Old 07-11-2003, 01:01 PM   #14  

Hello Everyone-
I am new to the beach and hope to join your support group. I started SBD on 7/7/03 and seem to be doing ok. No overboard cravings or anything like that. I will weigh in on Sunday to see the results and will let you all know then. Anyway thanks for the great support and fun and exciting post. I hope to get to know you all soon.
Old 07-11-2003, 04:44 PM   #15  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Just popping in on my way through checking for nasty folks. There sure are not any here.

I would imagine we will all be checking in on the weekend, Tahoemom. I loved the funky tan line story.

Welcome to all the new folks! The Beach is pretty big so there is lots of room.
Closed Thread