Old 01-29-2014, 08:40 AM   #1  
Goal is health

S/C/G: 238.8/176.1/163

Height: 5'8"

Default February WW Chat

Here is to a new month! For some of us it's a re-starting point; for others it's a continuation of the plan or a brand new beginning. All are welcome.

DrivenByAmbition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 12:39 AM   #2  
Goal is health

Happy February! I am looking much forward to a successful month. I have been gluten-free exactly one week, and my vitamin deficiency signs are slowly fading, and I am feeling good! No more bloating or abdominal pain, though I am very sleepy still. I know that it'll take months to see long-term effects, but I am glad I took this step because it has all become clear.

Suffering a minor sinus infection, but I have the weekend to conquer it. My honey seems to have a stomach bug, so I hope we are both feeling better soon.

Please make sure to stop by the February WW goals post.
Old 02-01-2014, 08:26 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 284/See Ticker/170

Height: 5'9"

Feeling good again today! Had a good NSV yesterday because I had a crappy day at work and all I wanted to do was shove fried food in my mouth -- it's the first time since I started that I really felt my brain go 'You need to go fix this with food.' And since there's no bad food in the house, you should go out. But I didn't!

One more day down, one more day closer to goal.
VikingBride2Be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 08:32 AM   #4  
Jacksonville, FL

Went VLC yesterday after a high 1300 cal day, think I will try at least one day a week of this....
Deelou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 01:43 PM   #5  
Never Giving Up

S/C/G: Going from chubby to not

DrivenByAmbition, thank you for starting the February and January threads! It is so nice to feel organized.

Did my weekly grocery shopping, managed to shove all the food into the fridge. So happy I was able to score the jalepeno string cheese Bought some kale, I hope to make some Kale chips for watching the Superbowl. I was able to flush out that salt from the other day, thank goodness, but still need to up my water.

One interesting thing that I learned is that 1 oz of vodka is only 2 points! So I can drink 2 shots of vodka in an evening (of course mixed with seltzer or diet cranberry juice) and that is the same points as 1 glass of wine. I keep the alcohol to one weekend day a week, and I keep within my daily points. I usually give up my shake or smart ones dessert for the alcohol. I love that on WW you can plan to have a cocktail or two and still remain on plan and lose weight.

Here's to a successful month. I'm aiming for five pounds this month.
Serenity100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 01:55 PM   #6  
I dream in sci-fi

S/C/G: 222/150/150

Height: 5'6"

Was having trouble getting my lifetime weigh in for January. But I managed (I was right at the top end of my allowable weight). So yay. My body has been fighting me all January, so I'm glad to have made it back down to my goal range. Started a new work out program based on the BarreAmped workout. It's really fun, but hard work. Can't wait to see results from that.
JuvenileNarcissist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 02:49 PM   #7  
Goal is health

No problem.

Way to go Juvenile, I totally failed at maintaining and am 30lb above goal, but not discouraged.
Old 02-02-2014, 04:35 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 299/284.6/250

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuvenileNarcissist View Post
Was having trouble getting my lifetime weigh in for January. But I managed (I was right at the top end of my allowable weight). So yay. My body has been fighting me all January, so I'm glad to have made it back down to my goal range. Started a new work out program based on the BarreAmped workout. It's really fun, but hard work. Can't wait to see results from that.
I'm addicted to barre classes! My favorite part is that there's not a lot of choreography w/the class.
mrswesleycrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 08:12 AM   #9  
Never Giving Up

Juvenile Lifetime Member is an awesome achievement.
Here's a little bit of my story:
I became a Lifetime Member twenty years ago, but instead of keeping up, I became seriously derailed. One of the reasons I became derailed was that my goal weight was too low for me. It looked good on paper, but for my particular body, it was too low. I could not maintain it. I knew I couldn't, so instead of just finding a reasonably low weight I could maintain, I just gave up.

Learn from my mistakes. Choose a goal weight that you know in your heart of hearts you can maintain forever, without constant daily struggle.

Happy Superbowl Sunday Everyone!

Last edited by Serenity100; 02-02-2014 at 08:14 AM.
Old 02-02-2014, 10:10 AM   #10  
Goal is health

I am doing a cleanse Monday-Friday and will start counting points again on Saturday. I think I will be doing more of the simply filling technique when I begin to introduce foods back in. I'm excited. Let's do this!
Old 02-02-2014, 10:17 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 284/See Ticker/170

Height: 5'9"

Ate out yesterday. Stayed on plan but didn't drink enough water to compensate for how much saltier it is than my usual food. Didn't gain but didn't lose and just feel bloated. Ugh. Thank goodness there are a few days until official WI day.
VikingBride2Be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 07:46 PM   #12  

Hi Everyone,

Sorry for the delay; it has been a hectic week. Thank you so much for the warm welcome

LizzyLou - I wanted to say that I really encourage you on your journey! Even tho 100 pounds may seem impossible to you, I know you can do it!!! One thing that really helped me, aside from the regular 5 pound stars and 25 pound increment charms, was after I moved from 250 to 240 lbs, from 240 to 230 lbs etc...I would say to myself "I am no longer in the 250s!!" (240s, 230s, 220s etc.) It was a thrill to know I would never be in that weight range again and it was a huge motivator for me and made the total amount of weight I was looking to lose seem manageable

On a more personal note, ever since I started WW I had absolutely no inclination to cheat or binge eat. So, for the last 11 months. However, I am noticing this past week that the temptation seems to have returned. I know I won't give in - sad to say, but my self-worth is now a little too tied into staying on plan. I know I would feel awful about myself if I ever gave in.

I am not sure what has brought this on. I think in part, it is because I am getting to the end of my weight loss and will be maintaining soon. And I am just going through a lot in my life and I am frustrated that losing weight hasn't solved certain problems (mostly friend and relationship issues). I guess when I was bigger sometimes if people responded negatively to me or rejected me, I sometimes assumed it was because of my weight - and sometimes I was actually correct. But now I am left feeling empty wondering what is wrong with me/feeling like something must be wrong with me if I am so lonely.

So, I just sit here, hungry like I never as before, feeling my sad little thoughts. Don't get me wrong, each day I really do wake up feeling like it is Christmas all over again. I can't believe this is my body and I can't believe some of the new opportunities that have come my way. I love to dress up. I love shopping for clothes now. I love doing my hair and makeup and feeling proud of myself. But yet there is a hollow feeling inside of me throughout the day, as I said - wondering what is wrong with me. Anyway, suffice to say that I think that is what is bringing the obsessive thoughts of food on.

Not to make this thread all about me of course; I really encourage everyone here to keep at it Weight Watchers is a wonderful program and I am so incredibly grateful for it.
Autumnjana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 08:32 PM   #13  
Less of a Better Me

Autumnjana - I remember when I got to goal. I actually got below my goal of 125 all the way to 119. I don't think there was ever a time in my life when I am happier. I remember one time in particular at a department store. I was trying on new clothes and kept having to send them back for a smaller size which was not something I was used to! It was great and I still remember it. Yet, I did regain unfortunately. Which just - to me anyway - shows how hard it can be to maintain. I think that I really needed to have constant vigilance but I am got a little over confident. Not just that. There were other factors (a long business trip of eating out every meal for 2 weeks just after I got to maintenance didn't help at all). It is good that you are aware of the emotional aspects at this point and know the need to stay on plan.

As for me - I had a great Friday but haven't felt well all weekend so I haven't done any exercise. I have stayed fine as far as eating so that part is OK, but I just haven't been very active.
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 10:05 PM   #14  

Koshka,

Thank you for your encouragement I agree, it is a little surreal to keep on having to request smaller sizes when clothing shopping. Before, I only went clothing shopping if absolutely necessary and even then I wanted to be in an out within 10 minutes.

Thank you for your perspective on what it takes to maintain - constant vigilance. I am surprised with myself because I thought the desire to overeat was gone. I think I am unhappy overall because now I am sitting here feeling my feelings instead of eating them; there isn't a buffer between me and what I don't like about my life. Still, for me right now, I keep on reminding myself that it is better to feel my feelings and feel a bit miserable during the day due to the things going on in my life, then to turn to food and be overweight again.

I am sorry to hear that you are feeling under the weather Hopefully it will pass quickly!
Autumnjana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 07:36 PM   #15  
Never Giving Up

Hi everybody! This is such a wonderful group we have here. I know if we stick together we can do this!

I was supposed to go out to dinner tonight but it got canceled due to the weather. I am actually glad. I don't want to be a hermit and stay in and away from people, but it is so much easier sticking to plan when you don't have to make choices, which might be a wrong one.