Weight Watchers - February WW Chat

View Full Version : February WW Chat

DrivenByAmbition
01-29-2014, 08:40 AM
Here is to a new month! For some of us it's a re-starting point; for others it's a continuation of the plan or a brand new beginning. All are welcome.

:carrot:

DrivenByAmbition
02-01-2014, 12:39 AM
Happy February! I am looking much forward to a successful month. I have been gluten-free exactly one week, and my vitamin deficiency signs are slowly fading, and I am feeling good! No more bloating or abdominal pain, though I am very sleepy still. I know that it'll take months to see long-term effects, but I am glad I took this step because it has all become clear.

Suffering a minor sinus infection, but I have the weekend to conquer it. My honey seems to have a stomach bug, so I hope we are both feeling better soon.

Please make sure to stop by the February WW goals post.

VikingBride2Be
02-01-2014, 08:26 AM
Feeling good again today! Had a good NSV yesterday because I had a crappy day at work and all I wanted to do was shove fried food in my mouth -- it's the first time since I started that I really felt my brain go 'You need to go fix this with food.' And since there's no bad food in the house, you should go out. But I didn't!

One more day down, one more day closer to goal.

Deelou
02-01-2014, 08:32 AM
Went VLC yesterday after a high 1300 cal day, think I will try at least one day a week of this....

Serenity100
02-01-2014, 01:43 PM
DrivenByAmbition, thank you for starting the February and January threads! It is so nice to feel organized.

Did my weekly grocery shopping, managed to shove all the food into the fridge. So happy I was able to score the jalepeno string cheese:D Bought some kale, I hope to make some Kale chips for watching the Superbowl. I was able to flush out that salt from the other day, thank goodness, but still need to up my water.

One interesting thing that I learned is that 1 oz of vodka is only 2 points! So I can drink 2 shots of vodka in an evening (of course mixed with seltzer or diet cranberry juice) and that is the same points as 1 glass of wine. I keep the alcohol to one weekend day a week, and I keep within my daily points. I usually give up my shake or smart ones dessert for the alcohol. I love that on WW you can plan to have a cocktail or two:dizzy: and still remain on plan and lose weight.

Here's to a successful month. I'm aiming for five pounds this month.

JuvenileNarcissist
02-01-2014, 01:55 PM
Was having trouble getting my lifetime weigh in for January. But I managed (I was right at the top end of my allowable weight). So yay. My body has been fighting me all January, so I'm glad to have made it back down to my goal range. Started a new work out program based on the BarreAmped workout. It's really fun, but hard work. Can't wait to see results from that.

DrivenByAmbition
02-01-2014, 02:49 PM
No problem.

Way to go Juvenile, I totally failed at maintaining and am 30lb above goal, but not discouraged.

mrswesleycrusher
02-02-2014, 04:35 AM
Was having trouble getting my lifetime weigh in for January. But I managed (I was right at the top end of my allowable weight). So yay. My body has been fighting me all January, so I'm glad to have made it back down to my goal range. Started a new work out program based on the BarreAmped workout. It's really fun, but hard work. Can't wait to see results from that.

I'm addicted to barre classes! My favorite part is that there's not a lot of choreography w/the class.

Serenity100
02-02-2014, 08:12 AM
:congrat:Juvenile Lifetime Member is an awesome achievement.
Here's a little bit of my story:
I became a Lifetime Member twenty years ago, but instead of keeping up, I became seriously derailed. One of the reasons I became derailed was that my goal weight was too low for me. It looked good on paper, but for my particular body, it was too low. I could not maintain it. I knew I couldn't, so instead of just finding a reasonably low weight I could maintain, I just gave up.

Learn from my mistakes. Choose a goal weight that you know in your heart of hearts you can maintain forever, without constant daily struggle.

Happy Superbowl Sunday Everyone!

DrivenByAmbition
02-02-2014, 10:10 AM
I am doing a cleanse Monday-Friday and will start counting points again on Saturday. I think I will be doing more of the simply filling technique when I begin to introduce foods back in. I'm excited. Let's do this!

VikingBride2Be
02-02-2014, 10:17 AM
Ate out yesterday. Stayed on plan but didn't drink enough water to compensate for how much saltier it is than my usual food. Didn't gain but didn't lose and just feel bloated. Ugh. Thank goodness there are a few days until official WI day.

Autumnjana
02-02-2014, 07:46 PM
Hi Everyone,

Sorry for the delay; it has been a hectic week. Thank you so much for the warm welcome :)

LizzyLou - I wanted to say that I really encourage you on your journey! Even tho 100 pounds may seem impossible to you, I know you can do it!!! One thing that really helped me, aside from the regular 5 pound stars and 25 pound increment charms, was after I moved from 250 to 240 lbs, from 240 to 230 lbs etc...I would say to myself "I am no longer in the 250s!!" (240s, 230s, 220s etc.) It was a thrill to know I would never be in that weight range again and it was a huge motivator for me and made the total amount of weight I was looking to lose seem manageable :)

On a more personal note, ever since I started WW I had absolutely no inclination to cheat or binge eat. So, for the last 11 months. However, I am noticing this past week that the temptation seems to have returned. I know I won't give in - sad to say, but my self-worth is now a little too tied into staying on plan. I know I would feel awful about myself if I ever gave in.

I am not sure what has brought this on. I think in part, it is because I am getting to the end of my weight loss and will be maintaining soon. And I am just going through a lot in my life and I am frustrated that losing weight hasn't solved certain problems (mostly friend and relationship issues). I guess when I was bigger sometimes if people responded negatively to me or rejected me, I sometimes assumed it was because of my weight - and sometimes I was actually correct. But now I am left feeling empty wondering what is wrong with me/feeling like something must be wrong with me if I am so lonely.

So, I just sit here, hungry like I never as before, feeling my sad little thoughts. Don't get me wrong, each day I really do wake up feeling like it is Christmas all over again. I can't believe this is my body and I can't believe some of the new opportunities that have come my way. I love to dress up. I love shopping for clothes now. I love doing my hair and makeup and feeling proud of myself. But yet there is a hollow feeling inside of me throughout the day, as I said - wondering what is wrong with me. Anyway, suffice to say that I think that is what is bringing the obsessive thoughts of food on.

Not to make this thread all about me of course; I really encourage everyone here to keep at it :) Weight Watchers is a wonderful program and I am so incredibly grateful for it.

Koshka
02-02-2014, 08:32 PM
Autumnjana - I remember when I got to goal. I actually got below my goal of 125 all the way to 119. I don't think there was ever a time in my life when I am happier. I remember one time in particular at a department store. I was trying on new clothes and kept having to send them back for a smaller size which was not something I was used to! It was great and I still remember it. Yet, I did regain unfortunately. Which just - to me anyway - shows how hard it can be to maintain. I think that I really needed to have constant vigilance but I am got a little over confident. Not just that. There were other factors (a long business trip of eating out every meal for 2 weeks just after I got to maintenance didn't help at all). It is good that you are aware of the emotional aspects at this point and know the need to stay on plan.

As for me - I had a great Friday but haven't felt well all weekend so I haven't done any exercise. I have stayed fine as far as eating so that part is OK, but I just haven't been very active.

Autumnjana
02-02-2014, 10:05 PM
Koshka,

Thank you for your encouragement :) I agree, it is a little surreal to keep on having to request smaller sizes when clothing shopping. Before, I only went clothing shopping if absolutely necessary and even then I wanted to be in an out within 10 minutes.

Thank you for your perspective on what it takes to maintain - constant vigilance. I am surprised with myself because I thought the desire to overeat was gone. I think I am unhappy overall because now I am sitting here feeling my feelings instead of eating them; there isn't a buffer between me and what I don't like about my life. Still, for me right now, I keep on reminding myself that it is better to feel my feelings and feel a bit miserable during the day due to the things going on in my life, then to turn to food and be overweight again.

I am sorry to hear that you are feeling under the weather :( Hopefully it will pass quickly!

Serenity100
02-03-2014, 07:36 PM
:wave: Hi everybody! :grouphug: This is such a wonderful group we have here. I know if we stick together we can do this!

I was supposed to go out to dinner tonight but it got canceled due to the weather. I am actually glad. I don't want to be a hermit and stay in and away from people, but it is so much easier sticking to plan when you don't have to make choices, which might be a wrong one.

DrivenByAmbition
02-03-2014, 07:52 PM
Yet, I did regain unfortunately. Which just - to me anyway - shows how hard it can be to maintain. I think that I really needed to have constant vigilance but I am got a little over confident.

Same here. :/

Koshka
02-04-2014, 12:39 AM
Well so far this month is very blah for me. My allergies have been bothering me and I have a sore spot in my throat that is just intensely painful at times. I haven't been sleeping well and it has been cold/rainy so haven't exercised. I've stayed on track eating, but my calorie deficit has been about half of what I like it to be since I haven't been active the past few days. I guess I should be happy that I'm staying on track with the eating part but if I don't exercise my weight loss is very slow.

smashlers
02-04-2014, 07:39 AM
Good morning, things are pretty crazy in my world. We are working on getting my fiancÚ all packed up and ready to move to Chicago for work, plus school is getting pretty hairy for me. I'm taking 3 graduate classes and working full time, so it is really important that once he is gone I have my eating schedule and planning down pat.

I've also been fighting a cold, so going out into the cold weather is especially awful for me. I can't wait until spring when I stop being sick and start being able to go for walks outdoors! The dogs are just about sick of sitting in the house. The most exciting point in their day is when the mail man comes. Lol.

VikingBride2Be
02-04-2014, 07:42 AM
Official WI for Week 2 was this morning. Down 8.3 pounds so far and got my 5 pound (online) milestone. :)

DrivenByAmbition
02-04-2014, 03:19 PM
Great job, Viking Bride. Those little 5 lb milestones mean a lot! Because when you have 5, you are down 25... When you have 10 your down 50. Reminds you to be thankful for the whole journey.

DrivenByAmbition
02-04-2014, 03:21 PM
Liquid cleanse is not my cup of tea. Switched to a strictly veggies one. Ready to have meat again.

Serenity100
02-05-2014, 05:15 PM
Koshka- I have to work on the exercise thing too. I just can't deal with it now in this darn cold.

VikingBride2Be - Great Job. You are off to a great start and it keeps us motivated.

smashlers - I went to grad school had a full time job and I know it is so difficult. Especially when going straight to school from work and the only food is from the Student Union. You are so wise to plan ahead. Of course I never did. haha

The bad news is that the scale said plus one lb. WTF! The good news is that my friend said I look so skinny today! I'll take it. It's my own fault the scale is up I ate too many carbs Super Bowl sunday and went over my daily points. I knew I should never do that. Live and Learn.

Have a great evening!:)

Koshka
02-05-2014, 08:27 PM
I am steeling myself for a gain on Friday. My Fitbit says I've had a calorie deficit of about 2600 calories this week with tomorrow to go. So, theoretically I should show a loss. But I was up .8 on my home scale this morning.

I'm pretty sure that this is mostly because I'm taking prednisone for my allergies which causes temporary water retention. I will probably skip my WW weigh in this Friday as it crazes me to have a weigh in where I gain when I haven't done anything that would lead to the gain.

By Friday of next week I should be back to normal I hope (although I read it can take up to a week after stopping it and I want be stopping it for another 6 days so it might be 2 weeks.

DrivenByAmbition
02-05-2014, 08:38 PM
Even when I would go in and know I would have a gain, I didn't take it too bad. Given the circumstances, you know you followed the plan. Maybe the woosh fairy will visit you tomorrow and surprise you. Not only that, but WW scale was always different then mine.

Koshka
02-05-2014, 09:11 PM
For me the WW scale is actually pretty similar to mine (maybe .2 of a difference at most).

I know I followed the plan, but it just crazes me to show a gain that I know isn't a "real" gain. I'm leaning to not weighing in Friday (I might go to the meeting) and just skipping it until the water weight from the medicine is gone.

I know I've done OK on eating. I've averaged 1201 calories a day since the start of the month. In January I averaged 1213 a day and I had good losses. (Basically 1200 calories a day works out to about 31 WW points a day for me).

Autumnjana
02-05-2014, 09:23 PM
Koshka,

You made a great point. If you go into your weigh in knowing that you have done everything according to plan, what more can you ask of yourself? If the scale shows a gain or that you maintained your weight, it would have no reflection on your effort. And likely, the following week you would likely show a loss. From my experience.

In other news, depending on what the scale says at my next weigh in, I may call it goal. I am at the top of my healthy weight range right now. I like the way I look. I am also smaller than other people of the same height who weigh 10 pounds less. I work out a lot and lift weights. I am currently wearing a size eight across many stores. I have just been sitting here this week thinking - is another five pounds worth it?

I want to be able to maintain my weight and enjoy life. I have been feeling very hungry lately and even light headed. I am not getting much sleep either. My leader feels that I am not eating enough activity points. So I'm not sure if my sudden idea to change my goal weight is truely due to me being happy where I am *or* is it due to lack of sleep/under eating? I have also had the two trainers I work with at the gym say that I am pretty tiny; that there is nothing left for me to lose and that another five to ten pounds would be at the cost of my muscle mass.

So anyway I'm just not sure what to do. I am not going to make a decision right this second but it's something that has been weighing on my mind for a few days.

I really like my shape and my size. However, I come from a past of disordered eating (under eating) and I've never ever in my life looked at myself and said, This is my body. It's not going to get any smaller. I better learn to accept my imperfections. So I think that is a bit scary to face. Also, I find it scary to accept that losing weight hasn't changed certain things in my life (to do with friendships or relationships).

I have a lot on my mind this evening :).

Keep at it everyone! You can do it! Focus on one day at a time.

Koshka
02-05-2014, 11:54 PM
Autumnjana - just wanted to comment on a few things in your post even though I'm not DrivenbyAmbition.

You made a great point. If you go into your weigh in knowing that you have done everything according to plan, what more can you ask of yourself? If the scale shows a gain or that you maintained your weight, it would have no reflection on your effort. And likely, the following week you would likely show a loss. From my experience.

One thing is that I think it is important to know yourself. On my blog I recently did a series of posts about my weight loss (and gain history). So far I've gotten up to when I got to goal at WW. I have left to do the sad story since then. Anyway, while doing those posts I've reflected a lot on what has worked for me and what hasn't worked for me in the past. And, I'm trying to pay attention to that now.

For me to avoid weighing in at WW when I know I've overeaten and legitimately gained weight is just deadly to my weight loss efforts. I know that I'm up because of the food choices that I made so that I've actually gained weight, then it is vitally important that I go to the meeting and weigh in.

On the other hand, I am taking medication now that tends to make me retain water. I've taken this medication occasionally for years so I know this is very temporary. I also have watched my food intake closely so I know that I haven't overeaten. I also have a Fitbit and know that I am showing a calorie deficit there. It is less than usual since I haven't been able to exercise, but I "should" easily lose at least half a pound this week. But, unless things change drastically between now and Friday I may show a gain when I weigh in. And, I hate to show a gain when I know it is water weight that is temporary. Weighing in when it is that situation has been known to derail me so I am inclined not to weigh in while I have the excess water weight.

In other news, depending on what the scale says at my next weigh in, I may call it goal. I am at the top of my healthy weight range right now. I like the way I look. I am also smaller than other people of the same height who weigh 10 pounds less. I work out a lot and lift weights. I am currently wearing a size eight across many stores. I have just been sitting here this week thinking - is another five pounds worth it?

I personally think that it is usually best to set your WW goal weight - at least at the start - at the top of your range. I see anything within that range as being a healthy range. That doesn't me that I might not choose to go into a lower part of the range. But, I think that within that range it shouldn't just be based upon a number.

When I got to goal I fixated on a number. I wanted to be 125 pounds which was basically what I always wanted to weigh when I was in my 130s and thought I was just a little overweight. So, I fixated on that number.

And, I got there. (In fact, I got to 119 at my lowest weight in). But, my body sure didn't want to be there. I spent about 3 years in my healthy range, but I was only under goal weight a few months of that time. And, when I couldn't maintain it, I gave up and ended up heavier than I started.

This time, I've changed my official goal to 146 (top of my range). And, I'm leaving it open beyond that. Once I get there, I may choose to go somewhat below it. Looking back to when I was at goal before I think I was happiest at about 135 pounds. But, even then, I don't think I'll change my official goal to 135. I will probably keep the official goal at 146.

Also, bear in mind that if you have a lower body fat percentage then it may not be to your benefit to lose any more weight. Have you thought about getting your body fat percentage checked? Maybe that would help you make a decision.

Another thing is that you could set your weight at the top of your range now, maintain and become a lifetime member. Then you could see how hard it is to maintain that weight and decide later if you want to lose any more.

Serenity100
02-06-2014, 08:33 PM
Hi Everyone!
Autumnjana I think you have a really good attitude. Don't get too hung up on the number though. If you feel and look good that is what is important.

Another co-worker noticed my weight loss.:D Even though I am far from goal, just knowing that I was able to stop my destructive eating and turn things around is very empowering for me.

Koshka - I have relatives and friends that were on prednisone, that makes weight loss more challenging. I know you can do it. My points are only 27:dizzy: But I read that you can't really convert points to direct calories, because there is more that goes into figuring the points, such as protein and fiber. If you google it I'm sure it will explain it better than me. Anyhow, you are doing great, so it doesn't really matter.

Have a great evening!

Koshka
02-06-2014, 10:16 PM
But I read that you can't really convert points to direct calories, because there is more that goes into figuring the points, such as protein and fiber. If you google it I'm sure it will explain it better than me.

You are correct. In my case, I like the data I get from calorie counting so I count calories at My Fitness Pal in addition to counting WW points (yes, I track both at MFP and WW). Also, MFP talks to my Fitbit and tells it how many calories I ate so Fitbit tells me what my calorie deficit is for the day.

I do - just for grins - keep track of how many points I eat each day versus how many calories I ate (note that calories eaten does include zero points foods such as fruits/veggies). FWIW, for January each point I ate equated to 39.4 calories (again those calories include the zero point foods). However, on an individual day the range of calories per point ranged from 35.9 (a high calorie day where I ate a lot of food high in carbs and fat and very little zero point fruits/veggies) to 42.3 (a day where I ate more zero point foods). I do mentally use about 40 calories per point to estimate points if I'm in an environment where I only have a calorie count.

amandie
02-07-2014, 10:09 AM
Good morning everyone!!!

So glad today is Friday. I don't think I have anything planned for this weekend aside from homework and reading. I ended up getting a B on my sociology test, I was hoping for better but some of the questions were darned tricky! 2 more upcoming tests- interpersonal communication and computer applications , currently on MS Word 2013, not too bad.

Semi rant/confession- I've been feeling a little guilty about going to the Disability and Access center and asking for a different ASL interpreter since the one I had isn't good, she does not translate what I say properly (I can read lips and had to correct her a few times) and once during a 5 minute conversation activity with another student in class, it took 3 minutes just for her to get one word!!! I even used my voice while slowly fingerspelling the word, just...wow. In case anyone is curious to what the word was, haboob (conversation topic was weather.)

Ever since then, I've been afraid to participate in that class because I don't wanna look stupid in front of the class if the terp cannot understand what I'm saying. Praying I have a better one on Tuesday!

Have a great weekend, all!

Oh yea, currently on TOM and I still weighed less! :carrot: 162.6! :carrot: (from previous fluctuations of 163-165.)

DrivenByAmbition
02-07-2014, 03:29 PM
Showed a big loss today... I'm doing simply filling and have cut added sugar and am low carb. Hope it sticks!

Koshka
02-07-2014, 04:52 PM
Congrants on the losses Amandie and DrivenByAmbition. I was still retaining water due to my medication so didn't weigh in today. But I had a good week foodwise so think I'll be OK once I'm off the meds.

mrswesleycrusher
02-07-2014, 11:04 PM
Good discussion on goal weight! I have been doing well with my goal of 3 classes per week at the Y. Today I did spin and my bum hurts so bad!! What's your favorite low point dessert?

amandie
02-07-2014, 11:40 PM
Mrswesleycrusher- I don't know what your idea of low point but I love 1/2 cup to 1 cup of Greek vanilla yogurt with 12 grams of PB2 mixed in with an apple, sliced. Another fave is 1/4 to 1/2 cup cottage cheese with roasted garlic powder, dried chives or dill weed and some carrots, celery and/or cucumbers for dipping. Lastly, I love hummus especially the roasted pepper ones so I have it with some veggies, just 100 calories worth. HTH!

Good for you on keeping up with the activity! So proud of you. I need to get back to working out or at least some sort of activity!

Koshka Thanks! Hoping you are feeling better with your allergies and all. You should have a nice weigh in sometime soon enough since you stayed on track food-wise. :)

Autumnjana
02-08-2014, 05:07 AM
Koshka - I actually meant the post for you; I made a mistake with the usernames but I have update the original post and made the change. Whoops. Lol.

Anyway, thank you so much for your lovely post. It gave me a lot of insight. I will have to check out your blog. I find it very helpful to learn from those who have went through the regain process; I did WW several years ago and lost about half of what I was supposed to. Then at some point my little brain decided that I didn't need to go to meetings (which I actually enjoyed) and that I didn't need to continue eating healthily and tracking my points. So, I too ended up regaining the weight plus about 40 pounds more (I can't recall the exact amounts).

I really like your insight. I think my hesitancy with my goal weight comes from a personal desire for perfection and also because one of the leaders made a comment about how it is best to set your goal in the middle of the healthy range so that if you gain you'd still be within the healthy range (if you gained 10-15 pounds). So that kind of stuck with me. However, well - I don't plan on regaining 10-15 pounds so I really should discard the advice, you know?

I agree with you, after reflecting on it, that any weight within the healthy range is a healthy weight. As well, as you said if I maintained the weight for a while and then for some reason decided to go lower, then the option is always there for me. After reading your comments and doing a lot of reflecting this week, I really think today at weigh in that I will have reached my goal (I am already in the healthy range by a pound or so).

I think I am definitely ready to say, "This is my body. It looks good and feels good. I'm going to accept it as it is now and stop hoping that all my imperfections go away" I also was thinking of how many people, for a variety of reasons, never get to say that in their lifetime and how incredibly blessed I am that I *can* say that.

I am starting to get a little excited. I want my star charm! I still have to see what the scale says today; I always stick to my plan but you just never know I guess. Our bodies are funny things.

I am also trying out a few new recipes this weekend. Mostly Greek and Indian dishes.

Serenity - thank you for your encouragement :) I have struggled with my attitude my whole life and over the pst year have tried very hard to develop a better outlook.

I wanted to encourage everyone to keep on working at it :) I see so many positive decisions and changes here - it is truly amazing. I also respect an have learnt from the people who post their challenges; it is very helpful.

Serenity100
02-08-2014, 09:50 AM
Happy Saturday! I am learning much about myself through these respectful conversations about our food plans. I think the bottom line is that we are all trying to maintain a healthy relationship with food and eating that will last a lifetime.

Today is my usual Saturday of chores and catching up around the house. Which of course means checking to see I have all my Weight Watchers foods.

Here is to a week of continued success:flow1:

DrivenByAmbition
02-08-2014, 10:07 AM
Serenity100, I also find weight watchers to be a learning process. I am totally missing being able to eat gluten and just count points, but a modified simply filling technique has been okay.

I am going to wait a few months to reintroduce some foods, I just think my body needs to detox. My diet consists of meats (mostly white), eggs, and veggies only right now. I have seen an improvement in how I feel and I am never hungry. I have never really done a low carb approach which I know this diet does, but it does overlap with simply filling. I am getting healthy oils in and am hoping to see improvements in my nutritional deficiencies.

memoree
02-08-2014, 08:27 PM
Hello all. I'm back on WW. I have about 35 pounds to go. I have been reading alot about cleanses but have never done one. Are they really that beneficial? How did it improve weight loss for you? Can someone point me to a good one?

Koshka
02-08-2014, 08:48 PM
Autumnjana - Thanks for the kind words. And I think it will be great for you to just declare yourself at goal. You can always change it later if you want or can set a personal, non-official goal later.

I hope I've learned from my own mistakes and do it all better this time. I do know that for me attending meetings is super important. I regained when I went out of town on business for 2 weeks, had a small gain over the 2 pounds I was allowed and then was embarrassed to go back and weigh in. So, I decided to go back once I was within 2 pounds of my goal . Well, you can see how well that worked out!

Anyway - today I finally felt well enough to get back to exercise. I walked a little over an hour on the treadmill. Then I did the basic strength workout from Burn The Fat, Feed the Muscle by Tom Venuto which is a really super book I just read. So I'm all tired out now.

Tereyin
02-08-2014, 10:13 PM
Fell far off the wagon. I just started in jan too. I got sick and didn't go shopping so I just ate crap. Gained 6 pounds in the two weeks. Hopefully it's just bloat and it'll be back down. So mad at myself.

Serenity100
02-09-2014, 11:17 AM
DrivenByAmbition - Low carb works for me too. Two years ago I did fantastic doing Atkins. But I needed to reintroduce carbs because I knew I couldn't live like that forever. I started reintroducing, and then got totally derailed. On top of that, last Jan. my dad became critically ill all of a sudden in Jan., and then by April he was gone. That drove me off the edge and back to my unhealthy eating compulsions. But now I know what works and I am choosing small portions of low glycemic carbs and keeping my carbs on the low side, but not extremely low. Its working. If it starts to slow down, I will track on FatSecret, besides the WW app, to watch my carbs and calories to see any patterns. But so far no need to.

Tereyin Pick yourself up and dust yourself off. You are in good company with falling off the wagon here. ;) Try again.

Happy Sunday! Still freezing cold here, but I'll get out of the house to run some errands anyway. It is better for me to be away from food.

DrivenByAmbition
02-09-2014, 11:41 AM
Sounds like a great plan, Serentity100. Unfortunately I have recently discovered that I may have an intolerance to gluten. I don't know if it's Celiac or not, but I know that I am now absorbing nutrients and I wasn't doing that for a long time. I am going to wait a few months before incorporating dairy back in... Just to kind of let my body heal.

Tereyin, we have all fallen off before. I'm sure some of the poundage is water. Just keep pushing on.

amandie
02-09-2014, 11:44 AM
Welcome back, Memoree and Tereyin!

Memoree- I've never done a cleanse and never really felt the need for one so I cannot help you there, sorry!

Tereyin- I'm with Serenity. Hang in there! Don't give up and keep going.

DriveByAmbition- Here's hoping you will feel back to your old self without any symptoms ASAP!

Koshka- Yay on getting in your activity!

Autumn- I absolutely love Greek dishes! I don't get to have it that often since not many places around here serve that and my household isn't exactly a fan aside from the usual gyros with tzatziki sauce.

It was a quiet weekend for us. I stayed in and had a Vampire Diaries marathon on Netflix, lol. Today, I am doing all of my homework and a bit of studying. I got 2 tests coming up on Thursday, fun fun!

DrivenByAmbition
02-09-2014, 04:15 PM
Good luck on your tests, Amandie. I haven't seen the latest season of VD but look forward to when it comes on netflix.

Tereyin
02-09-2014, 09:17 PM
Has anyone used the yonanas machine? A girl at work bought it and I've been interested in it. Looks like a good way to satisfy that ice cream craving but being healthy.

mrswesleycrusher
02-09-2014, 10:14 PM
Tereyin, I've fallen off the wagon so many time! And it is ok. Because you didn't stay off, you're back and wiser and that's all that counts :) I never heard of the yonanas machine, sounds interesting! I just learned I have to go out of town for 4 days of training in a week, really worried about being able to stay on plan :/

Serenity100
02-10-2014, 04:56 PM
How's everyone doing? I ate a cookie today. My friend went to a special pastry class and they made macaroons like from Paris, France. She gave me some, I said I'll take two one for me and one for hubby. I just ate one, was happy, and it was worth the points!:)

Didn't eat my lunch orange, so I ate that when I got home as a snack. 0 points. Drinking my water. I am determined to have a good WI. Scale is looking good.:D

DrivenByAmbition
02-10-2014, 07:36 PM
I'm drained, and here come's the ice. do do do do... Here comes the ice, and I say... it's NOT alright.

BethC
02-10-2014, 09:33 PM
Hi everyone! I'm not new, but I haven't been on WW in 4+ years. I was reading what some of you said, I should never have stopped! I was down 60+ lbs, life got in the way and I gained almost all of them back... at least I stopped before I was even higher.

I'm Back 2 weeks now and down 5.4#s. Happy to be back here and moving forward!!

Serenity100
02-11-2014, 06:08 PM
I'm drained, and here come's the ice. do do do do... Here comes the ice, and I say... it's NOT alright.

I hear ya sista! Here in NY it is every other day snowstorm, and bitter cold every day. The only good thing is that I count shoveling as APs:D

BethC - Great that you came back

Snoofie
02-11-2014, 06:52 PM
Tomorrow is my first weigh-in day since returning to WW after a pretty long absence.

I'm antsy as ****. *L* I'm trying to break the mindset I had before, that if I didn't lose at least a pound a week, I'd had a "bad" week. I know that since I don't have much weight left to lose, I can't expect to see big losses every week, and even .1 of a pound in the right direction is a good thing.

Hard to convince myself, though!

Koshka
02-11-2014, 07:10 PM
Good luck with the weigh in Snoofie! And, yes, at your height and being lowish weight already, it is really, really hard for you to lose much each week.

Here is a link to a great article talking why it is hard for women - especially shorter women - to lose a lot in a week:

http://www.burnthefatblog.com/1-reason-for-slow-female-fat-loss.php

BethC - Glad you are back. I've done the same thing before.

VikingBride2Be
02-11-2014, 08:46 PM
Had my 3rd WI this morning and was down .8 lbs. I'm trying to keep in mind that a loss is a loss, and considering that I weighed in within the same pound for 6 days -- I earned those .8 lbs. Headed in the right direction and on to Week 4.

VikingBride2Be
02-11-2014, 08:50 PM
Just went in to change my weight on my profile and realized that it's been 20 days since I joined and so I get a ticker! :carrot:

Autumnjana
02-11-2014, 09:00 PM
I wanted to say thank you all for your encouragement and well wishes. Things have been hectic for a few weeks but my plan going forward is to read and post everyday. I enjoy reading what you all have to say, your successes and your challenges.

To the poster who mentioned Greek food...if you are looking to incorporate a Greek dish or two and have others in your family who aren't interested you could simply making wraps or pizzas and making yours Greek and let others decide their toppings. I love Greek!

Just to keep everyone up to date, I did reach my goal weight on Saturday and got my star charm. Officially I have lost 110.6 pounds. I am happy with the weight I settled on. It's a couple pounds below the high end of my weight range, so I feel content with that. Thank you Koshka for your invaluable advice on picking a sustainable goal weight. It made a big impact on me and helped me feel certain that I was making the right decision for my body and my lifestyle. I did do the body fat test and I a within the healthy range for that as well.

I am so excited to be at my goal. The last few days have been wonderful, joyful, peaceful, exciting and terrifying all at once. They gave me a book congratulating me for reaching goal and encouraging me in the next phase. It was really sweet. The book also stated that I am to start by adding 6 points per day. Now, my leader suggested that I start by adding three. I don't know if that's unusual. The book made it seem like you start by adding six points per day and increase if you keep losing weight. I am a pretty active person so it will be interesting to see if I have lost weight or not next weigh in. Secretly I hope I do lose weight so that I can regularly eat more points per day to maintain my weight. I would just like to eat a little more and enjoy myself a little more. But whatever it takes, whatever amount my maintenance points end up being, I will stick to it as no amount of joy I get from eating surpasses the joy I receive from being healthy and smaller.

I am excited. I am already loving my three extra points per day. It just opens up more possibilities for me and I am enjoying rethinking my menu options.

Just wanted to give a little hug to everyone fighting the good fight - I am so inspired by you all!!!

DrivenByAmbition
02-11-2014, 09:17 PM
Congrats, Autumnjana. That's amazing, and glad to hear that you are entering maintenance now. I find the more active I am on this board, the more I stay on plan.

Can't wait to join you. With 23 lbs to go, I am more motivated than ever.

Autumnjana
02-12-2014, 06:23 AM
Driven,

Thank you :) I think that will be part of my ongoing "maintenance plan" - visiting and contributing to this site. I think it will keep me motivated, keep me learning new things and also be a nice place for support. I am constantly reminded every day that I don't know everything there is to know :)

I have been asked several times to work at WW recently but after some thought yesterday, I am realizing it is not something I need for myself at the moment. I get that it would keep me connected to WW; however, I also faithfully attend the meetings each week. My point is, I just need to continue doing things for me and not what others feel I should be doing or what they feel is best for me. It's hard, I'm constantly seeking others' approval for the littlest decisions in life. Losing weight has not changed that, but I am working on it.

I just noticed your signature and see what amazing accomplishments you've made. Wow! That is really incredible. You must feel like a million bucks. Well I will root for you!

DrivenByAmbition
02-12-2014, 09:03 AM
Thanks for your kind words, Autumnjana. I remember when I was first starting out, working for weight watchers became a goal so that I could help others. As I got closer to goal, so many weight watchers meetings were canceled in my area. I just couldn't see myself starting that journey with meetings after meetings closing. Plus, I feel like I can help support a broader audience here at 3FC, and get support too. :)

Autumnjana
02-12-2014, 09:04 AM
I am just reading back at posts that I missed. Viking Bride, you are right to think that a loss is a loss. There were many weeks where I lost - for no reason at all - "only" ".2, .6 etc. and momentarily I would be bummed. But I kept it in my heart that as long as I continued to put on foot in front of the other, that everything would work out, that the weight would come off. 0.8 pounds off is a big accomplishment. :)

Autumnjana
02-12-2014, 03:12 PM
Driven,

I feel similarly. I feel the need to be supportive of other people, but feel I can do that as a regular WW member and also a a member of 3fc. I know other people's support has been key for my success so I want to do that for others as well!

VikingBride2Be
02-12-2014, 03:42 PM
I am just reading back at posts that I missed. Viking Bride, you are right to think that a loss is a loss. There were many weeks where I lost - for no reason at all - "only" ".2, .6 etc. and momentarily I would be bummed. But I kept it in my heart that as long as I continued to put on foot in front of the other, that everything would work out, that the weight would come off. 0.8 pounds off is a big accomplishment. :)

Thanks for the support. :) I know lots of .8s add up to a much bigger number!

Koshka
02-12-2014, 03:47 PM
Congrats Autumnjana at getting to goal. I am sure you will do great on maintenance. Figuring out the right maintenance level is sort of trial and error which is why they give you 6 weeks to do it.

Serenity100
02-12-2014, 04:49 PM
Autumnjana :cheer2: Great News!

VikingBride2Be I agree don't get down on yourself. Last week I gained a pound:dizzy: But if you find that your loses aren't as big as you want, I recommend no eating your weekly points, or activity points. Also watch your carbs. I've been trying it that way and it is working for me.

:dancer: So happy that I lost 4 lbs this week. The only thing I changed was upping my water. Yep I finally did it and it works! Try it

Bracing for another blizzard. Did I tell you guys I was a NYC school teacher? And we hardly ever, ever get snow days, even when they say it is treacherous outside, stay home. lol. Well somebody said if you put a spoon under your pillow and wear your PJs inside out you will get a snow day. . . I'll let you know how it worked out tomorrow.
ttfn

BethC
02-12-2014, 06:27 PM
Autumnjana :cheer2: Great News!

VikingBride2Be I agree don't get down on yourself. Last week I gained a pound:dizzy: But if you find that your loses aren't as big as you want, I recommend no eating your weekly points, or activity points. Also watch your carbs. I've been trying it that way and it is working for me.

:dancer: So happy that I lost 4 lbs this week. The only thing I changed was upping my water. Yep I finally did it and it works! Try it

Bracing for another blizzard. Did I tell you guys I was a NYC school teacher? And we hardly ever, ever get snow days, even when they say it is treacherous outside, stay home. lol. Well somebody said if you put a spoon under your pillow and wear your PJs inside out you will get a snow day. . . I'll let you know how it worked out tomorrow.
ttfn

My mom was a NYC teacher too, we used to have snow days where we lived in the suburbs, but she would still try to get in to work. Now, I live in the city and my son is so upset seeing all of the schools in NJ and other places close, but not in NYC! I guess we'll see what happens tomorrow!!

BethC
02-12-2014, 06:30 PM
Doing ok on my 3rd week on plan, my friend (my angel) at work dragged me down to the gym and got me working with a trainer. It's going really well!!

Raine101277
02-12-2014, 07:34 PM
Hello everyone. Thought I would jump on in here. Long story short this is my 2nd serious attempt to lose a significant amount of weight using WW. In 2002-2004 I lost 125lbs. I met my now husband in 2005, and gained all that back :dunno: in about 2 years, unfortunately. Over the past 5 years I have hovered around 275. Pretty much maintaining that weight and the same size (22). While I am lucky to not have gained even more, that is obviously not were I want to be. I started WW online in August '13. I have lost 16.1 lbs so far. :carrot: I'm looking forward to posting here!

Koshka
02-12-2014, 07:51 PM
Welcome to all the new members. Sounds like lots of people are doing really well!

Serenity100
02-13-2014, 05:47 PM
I second the :welcome3: The more support we all have, the better.

Well, even though there was 8 inches of snow, school was not cancelled. Even Al Roker told the NYC mayor all the way from the Olympics that he made a mistake not closing the schools. The good news was that only five students showed up. Also, since I was work, there was not temptation to eat, even though they did offer the teachers some cafeteria food if we didn't bring in anything. lol I brought in a low-fat cream cheese and no-sugar jelly light bread sandwich.:)

Tomorrow's Friday, oh yeah!

Serenity100
02-14-2014, 06:36 AM
Happy Valentines Day!:val1:

amandie
02-14-2014, 10:20 AM
Welcome to the newcomers to the thread!

So happy it is Friday.

Happy Valentines Day, everyone! I will be making garlic peppercorn filet, mashed potatoes and bacon wrapped asparagus for the BF and I this afternoon after classes are out then we are gonna get a movie or two to watch at my dad's clubhouse (he has a projector connected with a DVD player and an inflatable bed! ;))

I also have to make dozens of goodies for my niece's fundraiser this Sunday (her 8th grade class are going to NY and Washington, D.C. at the end of the year. Lucky ducks!) I'm thinking white chocolate and cranberry cookies. I normally add pecans or walnuts but I'm gonna omit in case anyone is allergic.

Serenity- 8 inches and school wasn't cancelled? Dang! You're awesome for being a teacher. I could not do it, I still remember how I was as a student, lol.

Koshka
02-14-2014, 03:43 PM
Weighed in this morning, down 1.2 pounds. This was for 2 weeks since I didn't go last week as I was taking medication that causes me to retain water. Since I was less active last week due to allergies (which is why I was taking the medication) I'm content with the down 1.2 pounds.

We went out to lunch at Carabba's after meeting for Valentine's day. I called the nutritional info up on my iPad before going in the restaurant and consulted it while ordering and got out for 18 points. SO I was happy with how that went. Now, DH and I are about to go for a long walk.

mrswesleycrusher
02-14-2014, 07:44 PM
Koshka, 18 points at ANY restaurant is good. Especially an italian one :)

DrivenByAmbition
02-14-2014, 09:22 PM
Up a little bit from last weigh in. I kind of let myself go with the snow, not having much gluten free groceries, I made due with what I had and was nervous and overate a little. Eating gluten was not a choice. Can't do it.

Serenity100
02-15-2014, 08:28 AM
I find that eggs are really great to have on hand. You can make some delicious low point main dishes with them. Omelets, quiches from WW cookbooks, even hard boiled for a healthy snack.

I also have the plain Greek Yogurt on hand at all times, and I add in a packet of stevia. 3 points. Add some non sweetened applesauce 0 points.

And, lets not forget the famous string cheese. Couldn't live without those 1 pointers.

Have a great Saturday! More snow coming here. I'm hoping that the cold weather causes you to burn more calories in order to keep warm. haha

Autumnjana
02-15-2014, 10:38 AM
I wanted to wish everyone a wonderful, healthy and happy Saturday. I am reading everyone's comments and will comment more a little later. It's been busier than usual these last few weeks.

I am cheering you on. Also in my first week of maintenance I lost 0.4. I think I'm going to up my points by two a day because this week I felt extremely week. I am eating lots of protein so it's not that.

Serenity100
02-16-2014, 07:18 AM
Feel better Autumn!
Have a great Sunday everyone! I noticed that I'm up due to drinking those 2 glasses of champagne and using 3 weekly points on Friday. :devil: I have to be really careful wit the points if I want to continue to lose.

Today drinking my water and getting out there and shoveling some snow for APs. Gotta get my metabolism going!

ttfn

Autumnjana
02-16-2014, 08:49 PM
Serenity - Congrats on the 4 pound loss and on resisting the cafeteria food and for bringing your own lunch in! That's commitment :)

Beth - Yay for getting to the gym and for working with a trainer! After a few months of WW I started walking for exercise and it changed a lot for me :)

Raine - i love your attitude on maintaining your current weight. I think that is a big accomplishment. I know for me I was never able to maintain any weight. It just kept on climbing and climbing.

Amandie - glad you enjoyed Valentine's Day :) it sounds like it was lovely. I'm sure everyone enjoyed their food and snacks.

Koshka - congrats on the weight loss!!! And for looking up the menu before going. It must have been nice to have a peace of mind so you could go and enjoy your evening :)

Driven - Hugs. We are having quite the blizzard here. I have been feeling unwell and for the first time in a year I too overate. I counted my points tho and im just going to have to not use the rest of my weeklies. not sure how smart that is of me. Anyways, I definitely can sympathize with you.

Serenity - thank you for pointing out snacks to bad on hand. I might pick up some string cheese. Tomorrow I am bringing all the granola bars I have in the house to work to leave in the lunchroom. They are what I overate/binged on :( I don't normally even by them but for whatever reason started buying them after I reached my goal weight last week.

Serenity, thank you for your well wishes. I am hoping that I feel better by tomorrow so that I can get back to my normal routine. I am a huge routine person and I have felt that going to the gym and staying on plan has provided me with the consistency I was lacking in other areas of my life.

I am finding my first week of maintenance pretty difficult. I lost 0.4 pounds which I was happy about. I would not have liked gaining weight, even an ounce. The thing I am finding difficult is that the maintenance phase is not as straight forward/absolute as I thought it would be. I would rather be told how much I could eat instead of experimenting. I was also told that in maintenance people are always gaining and then they have something to look forward to - losing the extra 1-2 pounds the next week. My leader told me this and I have a hard time accepting it. As a former binge eater this really triggered a strong reaction in me.

To be more specific, although I ate within my point range (in terms of my weeklies) and am technically on plan and while I wrote down everything I ate, all in all I still overate/binge ate this evening. For the first time in over a year. Are four fiber one bars and a small bowl of oatmeal considered a binge? Anyways I'm disappointed and disgusted with myself. Also a bit discouraged that these cravings are returning just as I have reached my goal.

I can't pinpoint the reasoning behind it. I guess I'm stressed that my leader kept going on about how I can have some fun now and learn how to gain and maintain. Because if I am maintaining every single week there is nothing to look forward to the next week, no challenge to lose weight to tackle. I have never heard of this before but since he said it others have said it to. These are people who have successfully kept off their weight for 5 plus years. They pretty much stay within five pounds of their goal weight using this strategy. Allowing themselves to slightly overeat or indulge one week, expecting that there will be a weight gain, and then tackling losing the extra 1-2 pounds gained the next week.

I am so afraid of regaining :( I don't know what to do and as it is I'm very controlling of my eating and exercising to the point where it is causing me a lot of anxiety :(

Koshka
02-17-2014, 01:14 AM
Autumnjana - Maintenance is much, much, much more difficult than people think. And, there isn't a lot written about it. There is a website http://refusetoregain.typepad.com/ that is interesting. The writer is a physician who wrote a book on maintenance. She is a bit more Paleo-ish than I am but has some interesting thoughts.

When I was at goal and doing maintenance I never once heard anyone suggest overeating one week to then lose the next. That just seems bizarre to me. And I would have no intent of intentionally doing that. That could derail me entirely.

Most of the people I've seen who did well at maintenance chose some number that spurs them to action. If they go above that number (maybe 2 pounds or 3 pounds above goal) then they take action. As you know, I "failed" maintenance. I got 5 pounds above goal during a two week long business trip and utterly panicked and made the foolish decision not to go back until I was within 2 pounds of my goal weight. Really bad decision.

One of the hard things about maintenance though is that you do have to experiment. Some people can add in more than others. So, it tends to be individual. As far as what to do. If it was me I would keep eating and exercising exactly as I did in the past but add in a few more daily points. If you added 3 this week and still lost, then I think you are right and should add another 2. Otherwise, I wouldn't make any changes to the way you eat or exercise. Keep doing what has worked for you, just eat some more food. Maintaining is itself its own reward.

smashlers
02-17-2014, 10:35 AM
Happy Monday all! I moved into a new decade last week! Yippee! 230's! It's crazy how closer Onderland feels these days!

Over the weekend I went all out. We ate everything. It was Valentines day (as you know) and our first visit since he got his job and we enjoyed some time together. We went to a German restaurant on Friday night, it was Awesome. Saturday night we went out with my mom and aunts and I ate terrible. But--we had spent the day walking around the city looking for a new apartment, which was really exciting and also exhausting. We didn't sign on anything yet, since he wants to move in Mid-March, but we got a feel for what we should be expecting. I will go back in 2.5 weeks and we will sign on the dotted line.

Eating is definitely a lot easier with just me in the house. I just buy things that are healthy and on my plan.... And that is that. Plus, I feel like I am doing a lot more running around with the dogs and just taking care of the house since I am the only one doing it. Makes me thankful for him! I miss!

Serenity100
02-17-2014, 12:24 PM
Smashlers - I love German food also. My family is German and I gotta tell you, I don't think anything in German cuisine has low points. lol But boy is it good. And then there is the German tradition of having not one but two or three cakes offered for dessert. . . Oh I digress.:D Once you have all of your plans finalized you will feel less stressed out.

I am off this week so I am really going to have to focus on my meal planning and stick to it. No mindless eating out of boredom allowed.:devil:

Have a great day all!

Autumnjana
02-17-2014, 06:21 PM
Koshka - thank you for the name of the website . I'll check it out this evening :) I am all ears to read more about it. I had read quite a bit of the Maintainer's forum and realized of course that whatever I did before, I needed to do afterwards in order to maintain. But I did not expect the uncertainty or the crazy negative emotions that came with meeting my goal.

It's hard for me to accept the grey area - that I have to experiment to know what the right balance of calories and exercise will be. I think I'm also scared of knowing what the answer will be.

Thank you for sharing your experience. I can understand how going over your goal weight by 5 pounds would spur that type of rationalization - to wait until you were within two pounds to go back.

I'm glad you agree that purposely letting yourself overeat or the purpose of having something to lose the next week is a little bizarre. Apparently my leader does this. I just think that type of strategy...I don't know. I used to binge eat all the time before WW and I don't think I would stop at one week. I think I would overeat to the extreme one week and then take two weeks of hardcore "dieting" to lose the gained weight. I have no intention of following their advice. That type of mentality simply would not work with someone with a past of disordered eating.

That said, I need to find my balance. And to ease up on my all or nothing type thinking towards WW. My self worth has been so tied up on losing and being on control of my food intake that maintenance has not been fun or exciting. It does not feel rewarding. I do think I need to come up with a list of things that are exciting and rewarding about maintenance. I would like to come up with a list of exciting recipes and snacks as well.

Thank you for your feedback on how many points to add. I wasn't sure and I didn't want to go overboard. But my body did feel like it was at starving all last week and in the end I did lose weight on the points allowance I was on.

It's the weirdest feeling. I am incredibly grateful for this second lease on life but also scared / terrified of gaining and not being able to control myself.

Smashers - I am happy to hear you had a nice Valentine's Day with your partner. Also, I always celebrated moving from one "decade" to another. It was the biggest thrill and something I always looked forward to. You are right, Onederland is so close for you. With all your running around and excitement, you'll get there in no time I'm sure.

Serenity - I love German food and in particular German desserts. There is nothing like it in this world :) I think you have a great idea to focus on meal planning. I have been doing it for the last few weeks and it has helped me stay on plan and be able to eat delicious meals instead of the boring last-minute meals I would make.

Serenity100
02-18-2014, 08:59 AM
Another snowy day:censored:

This kind of weather makes me crave carbs, which are :devil: to me. I stayed within my daily points. Plus I made my soup but I couldn't find the salt free diced tomatoes. Retaining water like crazy, I feel it with my wedding ring being tight, and even my ankles get puffy.

Going to drink gallons of water today, and probably shovel some snow. Hoping for a positive WI tomorrow. I know it seems ridiculous but if I'm working so hard to stay on track, which I really don't mind, I wanna see results!:D

I love all the support and positive energy on this forum. Everyone is able to be honest and give honest feedback, but keeping it positive. That is not an easy thing to do.

ttfn

bubblybee
02-18-2014, 11:27 AM
Just wanted to say hello to everyone! I'm a new member and although I have a lot of weight to lose, I credit weight watchers with the amount I've already lost and for everything I've learned about healthy living. I'm currently tracking points with momentum after years of struggling on PP+ but I'd still love to be able to chat with those living the WW life! Hope to be inspired by you all!

Serenity100
02-18-2014, 06:24 PM
:welcome: Bubbly!

Guys, tomorrow I'm going into the city with Mom and Mom want to go out to eat at a fancy steakhouse. She doesn't get out much so I'm going to do it. I looked at the menu with the calories OMG! no wonder I need to lose weight.:dizzy:

It's a special deal, appetizer, entree and dessert. Right off the top, I'm going to tell them to wrap up the dessert, choice Key Lime Pie 430 calories or Cheese Cake 730 calories! in a doggy bag.

For the entree I'm going to chose either the 5 oz filet mignon or the salmon 360 calories and tell them to keep the potatoes off the plate. If they want to give me extra veggies, fine, but I really don't need more food.

Now for my favorite course the appetizer. They have the signature salad, The Wedge that includes bacon and blue cheese 420! calories, or French Onion Soup 530! My plan is to order the soup and consider it my dinner.

When I get home if I'm hungry at dinner time, I'll eat fruit and maybe a hardboiled egg or two.

OMG, so much work to plan not to be fat:D Thanks for listening and keeping me accountable.

amandie
02-18-2014, 06:46 PM
Hi, Bubblybee!! :wave: love the username and avatar! I am sort of doing a combo of momentum and PP+, I eat momentum points and 35 weekly points but don't count the first 3 servings for fruit, vegetables I don't worry so much. Welcome!

Serenity- Everything sounds so good!!! Yikes at the cheesecake, what do they put in it?! Haha, enjoy your dinner and time with your mom.

Smashlers- German food, nomnom! So glad things are going well with you since you were a bit concerned about being alone in the house, I definitely do better when it's just me! A new place, how exciting! Moving, for me, not so much, lol. My favorite part is unpacking! ;)

Autumn- You will get there eventually on finding the right balance for you. That is one of my fears too, that I will regain all of it back and/or more. I think as long as we try to remain vigilant/mindful on our eating, we /should/ be okay.

Great advice, Koshka. Thank you for sharing especially the last paragraph.

Doing okay here, just busy with school and life, lol. I didn't do great over the weekend so I'm not really expecting a drop on Friday. I joined a challenge on here (100lb club) that goes up to Easter to help motivate me more.

Have a great week, all!

Koshka
02-18-2014, 08:26 PM
Serenity - Just remember that just because they serve something doesn't mean you have to it or eat all of it or take it home. If you really love the desserts offered and want to take them home and later spend the points for them then fine. But, you do have the option to eat a bite or two at the restaurant and just leave them there. Or, even just not eat any of it if you don't really love those items.

Same thing on the soup and salad. You can eat some but not all of them or none of them if you don't love them.

bubblybee
02-18-2014, 09:52 PM
:welcome: Bubbly!

Thank you kindly! And your plan for your meal out tomorrow sounds flawless!

Hi, Bubblybee!! :wave: love the username and avatar!

Thank you!! I love your avatar as well, I was kind of obsessed with Lee Pace's eyebrows in The Hobbit! :high:

I am sort of doing a combo of momentum and PP+, I eat momentum points and 35 weekly points but don't count the first 3 servings for fruit, vegetables I don't worry so much. Welcome!

So awesome to hear there's another momentum-er! I like your idea with the fruits and veggies too! May I ask, when you use your 35 weeklies do you space them out evenly or just use as needed? I'm just starting back up with points so I'll have to play around and see what I can get to work for me, but back in the day I tended to spread my points out over the week...was curious if 'hoarding' them for one day or two hurt or helped!

tabuchheister
02-18-2014, 11:19 PM
Is this how I join? By replying? I am new to the site. I am on day 4 of ww ...gotta lose 25 in 7 months. Daughter getting hitched in September. Am I on?

Autumnjana
02-19-2014, 06:36 PM
Serenity - congratulations for staying on plan amid your carb cravings, I know that can be very hard.

I am really enjoying the positivity on the website and in this particular thread myself. I love that everyone can share their joys and sorrows and receive such encouragement.

Bubblybee - I love your username as well :) I'll have to look up momentum to refresh my memory as to how it's different than points plus. I really think that if a program is working for you, why change? I myself am continuing with Points Plus, although I know some people are switching to Simple Start in my WW group. It has worked for me for the past year.

Serenity - Major, major, major congrats at looking at the menu online first and going in with a plan! Look at you go! Truly, I think that is an excellent move on your part. That way, you can still enjoy the outing but be in control of your decisions. I like your plan in that it includes planning in advance in the event that you are hungry when you get home.

You are right, it does take a lot of effort in order not gain/be a bigger size. I think in part, and I've read this elsewhere, our modern way of eating and our modern diet makes it so that you do have to really plan in advance and make conscious food choices to achieve or maintain the weight you desire.

Amandie - Please tell me more about how you deal with fruit (if you don't mind). My "dirty little secret" is that I've always counted fruit on the Points Plus plan. I know plenty of people who do not count fruit and have been very successful. But for some reason the thought of not counting fruit terrifies me. I do not want to gain weight.

My dilemma is that I'm in my second week of maintenance and truly there are times when I feel lightheaded and probably would do well with a banana. I eat extremely, extremely well. I get all the protein I need, so that is not the problem. I'm worried that if I add even one banana a day uncounted, that's 14 uncounted points per week. If I have two bananas a day that's 28 uncounted points.

I'm really unsure as to what to do and am open to any of your feedback. I am wondering if I should not count one banana per day and see how that affects my weight maintenance. Again, I'm terrified to gain weight. I wish I could see more shades of grey in my maintenance phase but it's a challenge.

Tabucheist - yes you are on lol. Welcome to WW :) How are you finding it? I wish you well; you can do it!

Koshka
02-19-2014, 09:15 PM
My dilemma is that I'm in my second week of maintenance and truly there are times when I feel lightheaded and probably would do well with a banana. I eat extremely, extremely well. I get all the protein I need, so that is not the problem. I'm worried that if I add even one banana a day uncounted, that's 14 uncounted points per week. If I have two bananas a day that's 28 uncounted points.

Here are a couple of articles that talk about the WW formula (note the first one was written when 29 was the minimum)

http://sockii.squidoo.com/weight-watchers-points-plus-the-problem-of-29

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weight_watchers#Daily_Points_Target

While the formula is a little murky, it is clear that WW does count some consumption of fruits and vegetables in determining the overall points. That is, WW doesn't assume you eat zero. The recommendation is to eat 5 fruits/vegetables per day. Of course, these vary in calories. Personally, as long as my overall consumption of zero point fruits/veggies don't exceed 200 calories a day I don't worry about it. I do count those calories though to determine that.

Serenity100
02-20-2014, 10:07 AM
Tabucheist -:welcome2: You're in! Start chatting away.

Autumn- We can help you figure this maintenance thing out. The lightheadedness is not good. I thought of a couple of things. First, you should keep very accurate food diaries and write down exactly how you feel each day after eating certain foods. Start with 1/2 a banana. Back in the day that was the equivalent to 1 fruit serving. See if that helps. Also have you thought about Coconut Water? It was just on Dr. Oz's show how coconut water has potassium and is low in calories. I remember a gal from work talking about how the Dr. told her to drink it because she didn't want to eat two bananas a day.

Koshka - thanks for the articles. Since the formula is patented and secret we will never know the entire truth. But, we do know how our own bodies react. Also WW cut the points down because some people were just not losing when given the range of points. My points are 26, the lowest allowed. When I started Jan 1 it was 28, then as I lost weight it decreased. But I know if I eat high sugar foods as points and an abundance of carbs I just won't lose. Even if I stick to my points. Everyone's metabolism is different so we have to figure out what works for us. But I do think everyone should eat the points because it keeps you from getting hungry and you don't want to feel miserable or you won't stick to the plan.

Have a great day everyone! My outing with Mom went well. I told the waiter to leave the potatoes off the plate, and to wrap up the cheesecake before he served it. Worked fantastic!

amandie
02-20-2014, 12:28 PM
So awesome to hear there's another momentum-er! I like your idea with the fruits and veggies too! May I ask, when you use your 35 weeklies do you space them out evenly or just use as needed? I'm just starting back up with points so I'll have to play around and see what I can get to work for me, but back in the day I tended to spread my points out over the week...was curious if 'hoarding' them for one day or two hurt or helped!

I use as needed, usually for weekends and/or TOM. I don't usually eat them all though unless I'm working out. I'm so sedentary aside from walking around on campus to classes and etc.

Is this how I join? By replying? I am new to the site. I am on day 4 of ww ...gotta lose 25 in 7 months. Daughter getting hitched in September. Am I on?

Yes, welcome!! Just start chatting away.

Amandie - Please tell me more about how you deal with fruit (if you don't mind). My "dirty little secret" is that I've always counted fruit on the Points Plus plan. I know plenty of people who do not count fruit and have been very successful. But for some reason the thought of not counting fruit terrifies me. I do not want to gain weight.

I tend to have all of my fruit for the day in a green smoothie. Usually it is 1/2 cup servings of frozen berries, 1/2 cup natural unsweetened applesauce or 1 small apple along with half of a (frozen) banana along with some carrots, spinach and water. I did the same thing when I was on PP+, I still counted fruit since I have had the same fears as yours so I decided to change back to momentum and try to follow the GHG as closely as I can. Hope that answered your question? Let me know. ;)

You could still have the one banana a day and use it towards WP if that'd make you feel ok or you could just do it and see. If you gain, then back off or substitute something else so you can have your banana? I don't know, I've yet to reach maintenance. Serenity's recommendations are good also.

Here are a couple of articles that talk about the WW formula (note the first one was written when 29 was the minimum)

http://sockii.squidoo.com/weight-watchers-points-plus-the-problem-of-29

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weight_watchers#Daily_Points_Target

While the formula is a little murky, it is clear that WW does count some consumption of fruits and vegetables in determining the overall points. That is, WW doesn't assume you eat zero. The recommendation is to eat 5 fruits/vegetables per day. Of course, these vary in calories. Personally, as long as my overall consumption of zero point fruits/veggies don't exceed 200 calories a day I don't worry about it. I do count those calories though to determine that.

Very interesting! Thanks so much for sharing.

Tabucheist -:welcome2: You're in! Start chatting away.

Autumn- We can help you figure this maintenance thing out. The lightheadedness is not good. I thought of a couple of things. First, you should keep very accurate food diaries and write down exactly how you feel each day after eating certain foods. Start with 1/2 a banana. Back in the day that was the equivalent to 1 fruit serving. See if that helps. Also have you thought about Coconut Water? It was just on Dr. Oz's show how coconut water has potassium and is low in calories. I remember a gal from work talking about how the Dr. told her to drink it because she didn't want to eat two bananas a day.

Koshka - thanks for the articles. Since the formula is patented and secret we will never know the entire truth. But, we do know how our own bodies react. Also WW cut the points down because some people were just not losing when given the range of points. My points are 26, the lowest allowed. When I started Jan 1 it was 28, then as I lost weight it decreased. But I know if I eat high sugar foods as points and an abundance of carbs I just won't lose. Even if I stick to my points. Everyone's metabolism is different so we have to figure out what works for us. But I do think everyone should eat the points because it keeps you from getting hungry and you don't want to feel miserable or you won't stick to the plan.

Have a great day everyone! My outing with Mom went well. I told the waiter to leave the potatoes off the plate, and to wrap up the cheesecake before he served it. Worked fantastic!

I agree with everything you said.Glad everything worked out with the outing with your mother! Have you ever tried coconut water? What does it taste like?
Have a great day as well!

Happy news all around, got As on my last 3 tests! I was so stressed out and worried I didn't do well. I think it helped tremendously that I got a better ASL interpreter who can actually understand me and translate properly. My participation grade should be better in Interpersonal Communications class from now on.

I've been enjoying the weather this week, it has been not having to zoom from building to building on the way to my classes so I can stay warm, LOL.

I hope everyone is having a good week so far on all fronts!

Koshka
02-20-2014, 04:29 PM
Serenity - Glad to see that the outing went well! That's wonderful. On the WW formula, the patent itself and the formula set forth in there is not secret. However, there are some parts of it that are, well, less than clear (they talk about that in the Wikipedia article). I remember when WW switched from the 29 minimum to the 26 minimum. In fact, my leader told me to do it a few months before it was officially released. It does bother me that the 26 minimum often will lead to less than a 1000 calories of food. Theoretically the plan is meant to have everyone eat at least 1000 calories, but I've occasionally eating 26 and been closer to 950. I really think that the 29 minimum was really better for healthy eating (that still is less than 1200 calories for many), but it did make losing slow for some (me included).

Amandie - Great on the tests!

DrivenByAmbition
02-20-2014, 06:48 PM
Been having a rough couple of days. Believed something I read online about something being gluten-free, and BAM!! I've been glutened and hating life. It's almost to the point where I don't want to eat anything.

Say a prayer for me.

Autumnjana
02-21-2014, 05:24 AM
Serenity - thank you for your thoughtful response. I really appreciate your support during this phase and your offer to help me figure it out. Last night I felt like I was in a dark place and was really panicking.

I like your idea about the food diaries. I have the 3-month book type tracker from WW. I love it. I'll have to find room on each page to detail how I feel after each meal/snack.

Yesterday I did something different. I had a banana early in the day and did not count it. Of course then panick set it. However, my last snack of the day was 3 c. Of popcorn with gomaschio seasoning. I had it about 8:30pm at night. It was part of my plan and of course counted.

This morning I felt like my mind and body was renewed. Completely different. I don't know if it was the uncounted piece of fruit or if it was the late night snack or both. I did this again today. I'm terrified but I feel like I really need to experiment and see what works to maintain my weight. I felt my quality of life was greatly, greatly improved today.

I'll see tomorrow if I feel the same physically. I noticed today that increasing my point value for my post workout snack and deleting my extra afternoon snack really had a positive effect on my day at work.

Thank you for the info on coconut water! I'll have to look into it.

I am happy that your outing with your mom went well. I never thought of asking the waiter to leave an element of a dish off my plate; that's an idea right there!

Amandie - thank you for your clarification. Are you saying that you don't count the points for fruit in the smoothie but that you do count for fruit you may have later in the day?

My weigh in is tomorrow; if I've gained I think I will have to go back to counting fruit - even tho by then I will have "only" eaten three uncounted bananas and it may not be enough to tip the balance (although it may). Three bananas meaning one banana a day over three days.

Congrats on your good grades. That's excellent!

DrivenByAmbition - I will definitely pray for you. Feel better soon!

amandie
02-21-2014, 08:43 AM
Autumn- Yes, that is correct. I count any additional fruit that I may have later in the day but I am not big on fruit, though so it is very rare for me to eat any fruit later in the day aside from the smoothie. That is kind of why I do it in smoothies because if I didn't, I'd forgo the whole fruit thing and some veggies too.

Thanks for the kudos on my grades, Autumn and Koshka!

DriveByAmbition- I hope you get to feeling better ASAP! So sorry you're feeling like this. :hug:

It is Friday, yay!!!! But some (totally unnecessary and childish, if I may mention) family drama happened last weekend so bit awkward and I'm not sure what's gonna happen this weekend. /sigh Have a great weekend, lovelies!

sasyblond401
02-21-2014, 09:05 AM
This week I lost 2 and a half pounds .

I am using this drink to lose weight. ------In a glass you put 3-tblspoons of lemon juice, then two slices of fresh ginger. and water and ice...
This drink takes out fat from the body.........let drink set for 15 mins.

then drink.

I hope some one will be helped with this.................

Serenity100
02-21-2014, 10:05 AM
TGIF! Wow, this week has flown by. As you know I had this week off, so I had a little extra time to play on the computer. I found this awesome blog/fb page. It is written by a young woman who lost 200 lbs on WW using the Simply Filling plan. It is very inspiring, plus she is just a regular person like you and me. She is honest with her struggles yet inspiring. "From Fat to Fit Chick" is the title both on FB, and you can use google to find her blog. She also mentions that she was on 3FC.

Also, I don't know if any of you are on Pinterest, but I use it a lot, and there are tons and tons of recipes on there. The TV show "The Chew" had a contest for the new WW chef and there are a couple from him too. I hope he posts more.

I wish we all can just lose the weight without too much struggle and angst.

Sasyblond, thanks for that recipe. Yes it does work, maybe not all the time, but it definitely is worth doing, it can only help, not hurt. I'm going to drink it faithfully and see if I notice any difference.

Serenity100
02-22-2014, 12:14 PM
Happy Saturday! Hang in there everyone!:hug:

bubblybee
02-22-2014, 02:10 PM
4 pounds down my first week back on the old Momentum program! I know first week losses tend to be huge, but boy I'd be happy if I could keep these losses coming the next few weeks as well! :cheer2:

amandie
02-22-2014, 03:27 PM
Great going, Beatrice!!! Enjoy it while you can!!! ;)

Have a great weekend, all!

amandie
02-22-2014, 04:30 PM
Yum!!! To make up for my overindulgence last night (I'm in the red points-wise), I'm taking it easy today with a small green smoothie, one large salad greens with a bit of black bean and corn sort of salsa mixture then I had asparagus wrapped with a 1/3 slice of bacon along with some mushroom/bell pepper kabobs, also a little bit of bacon stuffed in the kabob-ed mushrooms. So good and satisfying!

DrivenByAmbition
02-23-2014, 01:23 AM
Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend. I got my wedding dress today.

So when I got married the first time, I wore a size 22. My wedding dress I bought today, size 14. Would have not been possible without the help of weight watchers! Such a happy day.

Autumnjana
02-23-2014, 07:53 AM
Hello Everyone,

I will definitely take the time to respond to everyone's updates/thoughts but to start, I thought I would give my own update.

I ended up losing three pounds this week. So I am adding two extra points per day I guess, per the receptionist's suggestion. I am happy I didn't gain but for whatever reason I'm still not happy.

I was fine yesterday; I had made a resolve before my weigh in as to how I was going to deal with a big loss or a big gain. I didn't want to let it affect my day and I always try to keep in mind that since I'm in it for life, that I have to approach weigh ins differently now.

I think what triggered my sad/negative/hopeless mood is a conversation with a close friend after my meeting. She has been supportive the entire way. However, she will give you her honest opinion even if you haven't asked for it. She is not by any means rude but will state her observations. Sometimes it has taken me a while to realize that what she has observed has truth to it and it has helped me progress emotionally with the program. Well yesterday I merely mentioned that I was going to have to take some time today to figure out my new daily and weekly points. Because I had to figure out exactly what I did last week and add the extra points. She texted me back and said she felt I was too obsessive, that my life has become all about points and that I needed to just eat according to how my body felt. She kind of left the conversation after that (this topic was a brief moment in a larger conversation about weekend plans).

I will say, her comment stung even tho I know she was not ill-intentioned. At the same time, I don't know that she would be bothered if she knew it hurt my feelings. She is very caring and gets excited about people's milestones and accomplishments, but will very occasionally make an observation (very polite and said lovingly) and as I said wouldn't be bothered if someone took it the wrong way. She would feel sad that the person was troubled by the statement but would stand by the statement.

So that is a little background. She has "observed" in the past that I'm "obsessed" with exercise. I hardly think that 1 hour a day five days a week is obsessive. It's not like I'm scheduling my life or work around the gym. It's not like I ever even talk about the gym - because I intentionally don't. I also don't talk about nutrition or food with people, unless they engage me specifically on that topic.

So I'm confused how trying to figure out a game plan points-wise for the week is obsessive. And to be honest I'm feeling very hurt. As a Christian, I know I need to swiftly forgive and forget and not take offense. And to not fret over comments people make.

But lately I'm feeling judged and unsupported by my friend. And dealing with comments from people on a daily basis - being told I should be fed a Big Mac, being told I'm too thin, that I'm skeletal. It's laughable because as discussed I'm at the top of my weight range. If I was skeletal or obsessive wouldn't you think I would still be in "losing" mode? It's just frustrating.

I think I definitely need to forgive and forget. And I think just accept that my friend cannot be the person I want or feel that I need her to be for me. And I think when she engages me in conversations about diet and exercise I'm just going to be honest with her and tell her that I'm not wanting to discuss it with her because when she brings up the subject her comments kind of sting and she will often shortly leave the conversation. So, not to punish her but not to keep on expecting her to change how she feels about my weight loss.

Frustrating because I've been very very quiet about exercise and food and weight loss since I started; I was intentional because I didn't want to draw attention and didn't want to be preachy to other people.

And - yesterday I dealt with intense feelings to overeat. I'm proud of myself that I limited myself to air popped popcorn (I had already had a big treat earlier) and tea and therefore staved off a huge binge.

Sorry for the long story. I'm feeling good and emotional. I'm just dealing with a lot in terms of my best friend, with another friend who may be more than a friend/not sure what I want there and dealing with alternating feelings of being hungry when I shouldn't be and the urge to binge eat.

My plan for today is just to do what I have to do (chores) and stay to my daily 33 points. I have like 12 weekly points to last me until Friday. I'm really upset today over my two friend situations and I'm really trying to resist the urge to either over eat or go on a major (unaffordable) shopping spree :(

I will comment later on everyone's news. As always I'm cheering you all on!

Serenity100
02-23-2014, 10:52 AM
Happy Sunday!, the sun is shining, the ice is melted and I'm going out for a walk.:exercise:

Yesterday was a little off course. Darling husband decided to invite a crowd over for dinner at the last minute. I cooked the only thing I know how to cook for a crowd on short notice, baked ziti, with sides of meatballs and sausage. The good news is that I made the ziti with whole wheat pasta and the sausage was chicken sausage. The bad news is that I did go over my points but am still within my weekly points.

Lots of good news reported by y'all :cheer:

Autumn, sorry you are having a hard week. But I think if you lose three pounds on maintenance you need to have a long chat with your leader. She is trained to help. Get healthy and you will be happy.

ttfn

Autumnjana
02-23-2014, 12:12 PM
Serenity,

Thank you for your response :) I am actually not too concerned about losing three pounds over the week. I just mentioned that in my post to provide context to my conversation with my friend. As mentioned in my post, I already discussed a strategy to increase my points this week so really - it's a non issue for me.

Autumnjana
02-23-2014, 03:07 PM
Amandie - thank you for explaining how you count your fruit. I am all for following WW's plan but from speaking to the leaders locally and reading on the WW website, it seems to me that it is really a "try and see" situation. I like how you count your fruit and it seems like it may be worth a try on my part :). Also, I wish you luck with your family situation :) Hugs!

Sasyblond - congrats on your weight loss. I have heard of this drink as well; it actually sounds tasty although I'm curious as to why the drink works. I have heard from a lot of people that they have been very successful with it.

Serenity - I want you to know how much I enjoy reading your posts :) You are so thought up and encouraging to us all. And very positive.

My apologies that I was defensive earlier. I think I have been really tired and worried lately and it effects my communication style. I may just continue with my plans for this week and next weekend have another chat with the leaders (usually there are a few on hand, we are a big group of people). They did mention switching from non fat yogurt to full fat yogurt. In general they said not to increase the volume of food but rather the amount of calories in the food. I'm not sure how I feel about that. I'm not dismissing the suggestion but id rather have more food than richer food.

Bubblybee - congrats on your weight loss! You must feel encouraged by your efforts! :) Good for you!!

Driven - your post put a smile on my face! You just have felt so happy - your hard work paying off :) I bet your dress is stunning.

Serenity (again) - I am glad to hear you made a meal you felt satisfied with. And - that's what weekly points are for, in part - for those unexpected life moments :) The ziti sounds delicious.

Koshka
02-24-2014, 02:07 AM
Sorry I haven't posted much this week. It has just been an awful week. Very busy with lots of unexpected stuff. We've had all kinds of house problems the last week or two. We had a problem with our smoke alarm, and then our undermount prep sink in the kitchen came loose and fell down. We had to have someone out for a problem with the HVAC. The worst of all of these was that our over the counter microwave quit working and replacing it is complicated (the unit isn't made any more and we would really rather have a hood). Anyway, we have already spent way more than I had budgeted for the entire year for home repairs!

Then, I had a big plan for Friday. We were going to go to WW and then go home instead of eating out since our anniversary was Friday night and we were going to a relatively high point place. Well, at the last minute we had to take our daughter to a doctor's appointment which meant we couldn't go to our meeting and then I had another unexpected appointment. So, we are out all day Friday.

I had to rearrange some eating as a result. We ended up deciding to go to a different restaurant for Friday so we had better point choices (DH has lost 65 pounds on WW and is getting close to goal). It has all been very stressful all week. The good thing is that I did fine from an eating standpoint. The bad thing is that allergies bothered me all week so my activity is way down. Hope it gets better next week.

Autumn - Some people just have difficulty understanding that someone else thinks differently than they do or that what works for them won't work for the other person. I am like you though in likely to keep track of stuff and not just winging it.

Serenity100
02-24-2014, 06:22 PM
Good evening everyone! Having a good day. Someone had some Whitman chocolates at work during a meeting. I wasn't even tempted.

DrivenByAmbition
02-24-2014, 07:39 PM
Been a very long day... Longing for Friday as always. Ate pretty well today. Have a good week.

Serenity100
02-25-2014, 05:41 PM
Tuesday gone! But then tomorrow is weigh in. I'm not expecting good news.

DrivenByAmbition
02-25-2014, 06:56 PM
Aww, well I hope you get good news, Serenity.

Autumnjana
02-25-2014, 07:58 PM
Koshka - I am sorry that you had such a tough week! Hopefully things will look up soon for you.

However, I really commend you for choosing a better restaurant due to having to rearrange your points! Amidst all the stress, that is truly amazing. When I read your post, what comes to mind is the little book WW gives you when you hit your goal. It's called Welcome to Goal if I recollect. Anyway in it, they say the same skills you have been using to get to goal are the same skills you will use to maintain your weight. Then they say - You have been practicing maintenance all along! So that is what comes to mind as I hear you talking about making the conscious choice to change your restaurant choice - you are practicing skills that will have a lasting effect on the way you live your life. That is a big, amazing accomplishment right there!

I wanted to thank you for your help with regards to my friend. It was very troubling to me. I love her very much but I felt as if she didn't approve of me/of my choice to count points. I did dwell on it far too long and I let it really, really upset me.

That said, I did take to heart what you said about other people not understanding that what works for them may not work for everyone. I think this is likely the case looking back, and helped me see that my friend wasn't being callous, just was probably unable to understand that not tracking wouldn't work for me.

Serenity - congratulations on resisting the chocolate. Even better that you didn't feel tempted!!! I hope you got the results you wanted for your weigh in :)

bigdog
02-26-2014, 12:45 PM
I joined 3 weeks ago - monthly pass... Love the online tools and am losing 1.5 to 2 lbs weekly. I'm a lifetimer and regained 30 lbs so need to get the weight off. I hate the meetings and don't have time to go in the evening. Small town so we have two meetings 630 mon and thurs. plus $45 a month is too much for me.
Does Etools have the online apps to track points and scanner to scan in name brand foods? That's all i need and will have my online support to keep me accountable
Ill probably weigh in once a month and pay $13 if I feel the need to do that.
How much is ETools per month?
And what are your thoughts?
Thanks for any advice you can provide!
(Posted in new thread also)

Serenity100
02-26-2014, 04:52 PM
BigDog- I do WW Online exclusively. I use it on my laptop and my IPhone. On the iPhone you can't get all the recipes and message boards, but tracking and getting the points with the bar code is amazing. IPad it doesn't work well because you need Adobe and my iPad doesn't take Adobe. I can't remember the cost, but I do remember that if you pay for three months it is much cheaper than month by month.

I managed to lose .5lb this week. Which is my usual when I eat my weekly points. I guess I have to up my exercise or live without the weekly points. I definitely have to up my exercise for a purely health standpoint. I know I keep saying that. LOL.

bigdog
02-26-2014, 10:24 PM
Serenity,
Thanks for info. I cancelled my monthly plan just now online and since they have my credit card on file, have already charged me for next month so first week of April, I'll switch to online only...I'd like to just do Etools - I love the tracking online, calculator and the scanner app. I'm trying new recipes too and I really hate to cook so very motivated. The huge database of food and restaurants plus the scanner app is keeping me honest about tracking the correct points.
I'm a slow loser but it ALL adds up as long as the numbers go down.
:dancer::dancer:

Good luck everyone and please keep sharing tips on great food finds and how u stay motivated!

Serenity100
02-28-2014, 04:04 PM
TGIF :D If I plan out my meals for the day I'm fine. If I start to "free range" forget it. I got everything down including 4 points for a glass of wine later, now I just have to figure 8 points left for dinner. I'm sure I'll figure something out.

ttfn

DrivenByAmbition
02-28-2014, 10:23 PM
Started the march post. I have been suffering a rash the past few days due to accidental gluten ingestion. It's getting old. I'm really trying here. :/ I was in so much pain and still don't feel right.