General chatter - Most/Least tempting carb food for you?

pixelllate
01-28-2014, 11:38 AM
Question - I'm sure that overall there might be trends or not, but I am curious for you as an individual - what forms of "carb food" do you find most/least tempting?
These are the categories I can come with off the top of my head, but please feel free to list whatever I may have missed -
White Bread, White rice, regular potatoes, regular pasta, whole grain Bread, brown rice, sweet potatoes and whole grain pasta
I feel most tempted towards whole grain bread (like the real whole grain stuff!), and whole grain pasta tempts me the least. All the other categories are moderately tempting, all about the same degree. Oddly enough all of these rank as more tempting to me than sweets!!

krampus
01-28-2014, 11:43 AM
White flour pasta and noodles for me, especially combined with cheese.

I think cheese ravioli is #1. BF makes this sometimes and it's like a runaway train.

Link to a picture of cheese ravioli (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/foodphotos/downtown/images/Ravioli%20Wolfgang%20Puck%20Cafe.jpg)

Melonlefey
01-28-2014, 11:54 AM
I'm pretty much in a constant state of craving pizza, but I ignore it because I just don't know moderation. Also, same as krampus, white flour pasta is also hard to avoid (or avoid going overboard)

alaskanlaughter
01-28-2014, 11:54 AM
anything sweet is hard for me to pass up and it's followed closely by pizza....i think those are interchangeable for me as the most tempting things with carbs

Munchy
01-28-2014, 12:19 PM
I'm pretty much in a constant state of craving pizza, but I ignore it because I just don't know moderation. Also, same as krampus, white flour pasta is also hard to avoid (or avoid going overboard)

If you're willing to eat some carbs, have you ever tried using a flatout light (http://www.flatoutbread.com/products/flatout-wraps/flatout-light/) as a pizza crust? The entire single serving pizza can be anywhere from 200-350 calories with all of your toppings depending on what you put on them. The bread itself is only 90 calories, has 9 grams of protein and 9 grams of fiber, and can be topped with any traditional pizza toppings, bbq chicken, buffalo chicken, etc. Here is a link with a recipe with calorie count (http://www.nothankstocake.com/2012/05/22/new-recipe-bbq-chicken-flatout-pizza/).

dehtripper
01-28-2014, 12:25 PM
Most tempting - White pasta, salty chips & fries. I could eat it all day, every day, no stopping till I'm sick. No prob.

Least - White cake & icing (i.e generic pound/birthday cake or cupcakes etc.) Probably tied with hard candies, gum drops and jelly beans. Do not like 'em at all.

Dottington
01-28-2014, 12:27 PM
I too have constant pizza cravings and have had them for as long as I can remember. I don't like pasta actually so that would be the least for me.

penmage
01-28-2014, 02:00 PM
Most tempting- white bread, definitely. Least tempting...any form of rice lol.
I'm not a big sugary food eater. Unless it's an ice cream cake from DQ, then yes!

I'm a huge bread fan. I'd go to Panera (not lately, of course) and get a soup in a bread bowl, eat the side baguette and probably most of the bowl.

EasySpirit
01-28-2014, 02:11 PM
Pizza and store-bakery yellow cake with white frosting are probably my two biggest downfalls. I scour the reduced rack at my local market because if they have older sheet cakes, they slice them and sell them by the slice. I will buy a slice, then sit in their cafe with a cup of coffee.......when I am being very, very, very good, I stay away from the bakery and its reduced rack! But, this is actually much better than when I would buy a small birthday cake and eat the entire thing.

Nothing but pizzeria thin-crust pizza satisfies my pizza cravings. I have tried to make low calorie versions, and I have bought every frozen diet pizza I have ever seen for sale - - NONE satisfy my craving for the real thing.

Avezy44
01-28-2014, 02:24 PM
I don't think I have a least.. I am a carboholic.

GlamourGirl827
01-28-2014, 02:33 PM
I don't think I have a least.. I am a carboholic.

^same here!^

I've basically given up carbs (for now) I've even stopped with fruit...If I had to pick a least, I'd say pasta, but its more like which carb do you find the least addicting (but still addicting) most...bread, whole grain yes, homemade, omg...I stopped making it homemade for now because like I said no carb for now and could not NOT take a bite!!!

BettyBooty
01-28-2014, 02:58 PM
Most tempting to me are potatoes and pizza. Least is probably white bread.

pixelllate
01-28-2014, 03:04 PM
store-bakery yellow cake with white frosting are probably my two biggest downfalls
YES. I thought I was the only one!!!!!!!!
Home made cake, or fancy pastries from locally sourced ingredients? nope...totally tempted by the generic grocery store yellow cake with white frosting even though I know that I can bake something that tastes better. Don't get it.

ReillyJ
01-28-2014, 03:29 PM
Least tempting although i still like them: probably pasta, rice, potatoes

Most tempting? Just about all but i'd kill for a huge slice of warm bread dripping with butter (i try to relatively low carb it so i mostly don't have bread except for Fridays - my free day), and i love ALL cakes, cookies, brownies, etc. etc. etc. LOL

Jacqui_D
01-28-2014, 03:47 PM
I have a weakness for sugary sweets: cake, cookies, candy, pie, ice cream. They are definitely my most tempting. I do not like sweet potatoes or yams, so they would be my least tempting.

nitrus29
01-28-2014, 04:00 PM
most tempting - Bread!!!! It's a must have most of the time!!
least would be pasta.. I can always skip pasta.

WahineByTheSea
01-28-2014, 04:05 PM
Fresh baked bread . . . hot with butter . . . . mmmmmmm!

nelie
01-28-2014, 04:16 PM
I love good bread and I'd probably say it is my most tempting thing. Due to the calories though, I limit my bread. Somehow I can bake bread at home though and not be tempted to eat it.

My least tempting things are things I don't like which are non-chocolate candy, donuts, pasta, cake frosting and pie. Although I used to love cake, I actually don't care for it anymore so it doesn't tempt me. I also like potatoes and rice but I don't find them tempting.

Elladorine
01-28-2014, 04:24 PM
Sweets combined with fats are a lethal combination for me. Fudge, cookies, brownies, cake with lots of frosting . . . heck, frosting by itself! Luckliy I satisfy my sweet tooth with smoothies these days.

Fortunately, bread doesn't seem to phase me; I can occasionally enjoy it without getting derailed. And even though I enjoy pasta, I can't remember the last time I had any so I'd say that's the least tempting carb for me.

ChickieChicks
01-28-2014, 09:33 PM
Salty/savory carbs are my fave.

Sugary stuff doesn't tempt me as much.

bugsiee
01-28-2014, 09:37 PM
Most tempting - pizza. Fortunately we rarely buy pizza and even though there's like 4 pizzerias near me I'm too lazy to put any effort into going out and getting any.

Least tempting - any sliced bread. I quit cold turkey this year but before I used to have up to 8 slices a day. Jeez.

Naama
01-29-2014, 02:31 AM
I'm not a carboholic by any means and apparently I don't do addicted at all.. but put cake in front of me and bye bye cake.. At a staff meeting a while ago I pathetically had to ask to put the box of donuts on a chair across from me out of my line of sight. Seriously pathetic .. Thankfully though, while I can't resist eating the cake that's in front of me, it doesn't trigger cravings for more. I eat a couple slices (weirdly, it has to be two to satisfy) and I'm done.

ICUwishing
01-29-2014, 08:46 AM
Least: sugary stuff - I like sweet stuff, but never feel compelled to eat it.

Most (as in, will binge myself sick): Cheezits. Only slightly less: pretzels, chips, and any other form of salty combined with crunchy.

BettyBooty
01-29-2014, 09:02 AM
Least: sugary stuff - I like sweet stuff, but never feel compelled to eat it.

Most (as in, will binge myself sick): Cheezits. Only slightly less: pretzels, chips, and any other form of salty combined with crunchy.

The ColbyJack Cheezits are de debil! My 3 year old loves them, and it is so hard to not eat one or two when I am serving him some for a snack.

krampus
01-29-2014, 10:02 AM
Oh man, Cheez-its. That's a scary one-way street.

Em Coconut
01-29-2014, 06:44 PM
Most: potatoes in just about any form, cake, chocolate pastries/desserts, really good fresh baked bread...and carrots :D

Least: Rice, pasta, pizza. If these hadn't been so easy to make/order for dinner, I could easily do without. At least I think I could

DrivenByAmbition
01-29-2014, 07:10 PM
Pizza, which I am going to miss, but surprisingly haven't... It's Day 5 of my gluten-free adventure towards lifetime. Will try an alternative to crust when I'm ready, but I can't tell you how great I feel and think that I won't miss it.

I don't like sweet potatoes either... So that would be my least.

love2b150
01-29-2014, 08:22 PM
Tempting things I will probably not attempt to eat until I hit goal ...

1 - store bought bday cake with white icing (not buttercreme) chocolate cupcake (store bought) white powdered donuts, Krispy Kreme
2 - white bread, biscuits, yeast rolls
3 - Bob Evans or Country Crock mashed potatoes
4 - McDonald's, Burger King, Wendy's fries
5 - my mac n cheese
6 - chips (potato, nachos, snacks including pretzels)

Least temping

1 - white rice (I like it but it won't set me off)
2 - oatmeal, yuck

seabiscuit
01-29-2014, 08:58 PM
interesting post...

most tempting for me is chips, candy, pastries, cake and cookies

least tempting is oatmeal and filling grains like quinoa

:)

VioletDolphin83
01-29-2014, 09:39 PM
Pizza - it's something I can't have because I binge on it so easily.
Bread and butter - yum!!
Mashed potato

Samantha18
01-29-2014, 09:39 PM
Most- Egg Noodles. I'm actually okay with all other pastas and can eat them in moderation, but I have trouble with egg noodles (ground beef stroganoff, swedish meatballs, beef stew over them, egg noddles w/cream of chicken- most of my old favorite foods involve egg noodles, what??). Also tortillas, whether they be whole wheat, corn, or white! I eat wheat ones in moderation, however.

Least- Sweets. Never been much cake, cookies, etc... fan. And bread.

Mad Donnelly
01-29-2014, 10:34 PM
Nearly any sweet baked good and then hot, fresh bread.

I love a REALLY GOOD slice of pizza. But since where I live there is no such thing, it's not been a problem (I see a LOT of you have mentioned pizza).

Pretty much any pasta but there was a place nearby that I found with the BEST mac 'n cheese made with long macaroni that I was going to try to replicate. And no sooner did I finally buy long macaroni than I decided to go low carb again so it sits in the closet. I will make it sometime but pair it with protein whereas before I just would have scarfed nothing but the pasta.

divinechaos
02-02-2014, 12:54 AM
My most tempting is french fries by far. My least tempting is anything sweet.

monmis12
02-02-2014, 07:18 AM
I limit my carbs right now to fruits and veggies mostly
Most temping carbs:

Anything fried. I love french fries, onion rings, tator tots, chicken strips, and I think that is connected with the fact I love to dip stuff in ketchup and sauces.

I love frosting. Not all frosting... Mostly buttercream frosting or wedding cake frosting. I like cake too but can leave the cake and eat the frosting.

I don't like all pasta... I don't like spaghetti and meatballs but I do love the fattiest stuff like stuffed shells, chicken or seafood alfredo, etc... I don't eat pasta much because I serving is so small.

Least favorite: Rice... Just not worth it to me in calories and would rather eat something else, beans(pinto, black,) etc... Could do without a bake potato. I don't crave bread anymore so that goes here.

Paramedic
02-03-2014, 05:31 AM
Most tempting: Rice(especially stick rice), Italian bread, some lighter pasta.
Least tempting: Pizzas, fried foods, cake treats, most heavy pastas... Bascially anything that's considered heavy is really gross to me.

Pattience
02-03-2014, 05:39 AM
Whej people say the crave pasta, and that its a problem is it the pasta that's a problem of what you put on top of it. If its the latter, why not just learn to eat it a low calorie way?

Same for bread rice and potatoes.

Anyway i eat all of those and have no problem with them.

Only sweet stuff i have no control over. Of course if i was in a binge mode, i could binge on steak even, or lettuce, (probably not lettuce) but cheese, nuts, anything that tastes strongly.

Incidentally, not many people seem to know this but basmati rice is the lowest GI of all the rices and its is a good source of carbs. Low calorie and goes perfectly with curries and beans and most asian foods. Being low GI means its slower to pass through your stomach so it satisfies for longer, as does whole grain bread and other whole grains. Pasta made from durum wheat also has lasting satisfaction.

but if you need to smother everything in cheese or cream sauces, yes you will be in trouble. ditto bread with jams, sauces and other high fat and high sugar foods. I find two plain slices of wholegrain bread rather satisfying if i'm in a fix.

thirti4thirty
02-03-2014, 05:48 AM
Most tempting is RICE, RICE, RICE. The only food I never get tired of. I guess I was asian in my previous life.
Least tempting...may be biscuits. None that I can think of right now anyway