Exercise! - Insanity Class! Eek

View Full Version : Insanity Class! Eek

3LMCM
01-26-2014, 07:43 PM
Hello ladies! Happy Sunday.

Sooooo....I decided to sign up for an Insanity class. :^:

There's a fitness studio by my house and they have a promotion going: 60 days for $60. I figured why not? Also, since I teach I've been using the excuse of time as an excuse to not work out. I teach until 3:30 then I stay after school almost everyday until 5pm prepping and working with my after-school clubs.

The classes are M-F from 8pm-9pm! I'm terrified. Feb 3rd is day one. I've never taken a class like this before but I need to do this. The woman who took my payment Saturday said that people usually quit after a couple of weeks. ::(: She said "we usually start at 40 people in class and end up with 10." I hope to stick with it and to see my body transform after 2 months of hard work. I need some motivation and advice. Thanks. :)

penmage
01-26-2014, 08:03 PM
:eek: No advice, as I haven't quite worked up to Insanity yet, but good luck!!

3LMCM
01-26-2014, 08:04 PM
:eek: No advice, as I haven't quite worked up to Insanity yet, but good luck!!

Thanks! I will do my very best. :smug::smug:

VikingBride2Be
01-26-2014, 08:09 PM
I've done Insanity, and my only advice is listen to your body. It's a program that relies on you pushing yourself, so I wouldn't say that people quit because it's too hard, but it can be really hard on your body. I did it around my lowest weight and I'm in my mid-twenties and I stopped after a month in part because it was torture for my knees. Remember that good form always beats keeping up with the instructor, this will help you to 'land soft' when jumping and to keep your knees behind your toe when doing squats.

Good luck!

3LMCM
01-26-2014, 08:33 PM
VikingBride2Be, thank you. I am worried about my right knee. It's been my fitness obstacle for years. I'm going to keep going as long as I can and wear my knee brace. Thanks for the heads up on the knee issues.