20-Somethings - Tall Twins to One-derland!

View Full Version : Tall Twins to One-derland!

whollyhick
01-26-2014, 12:58 AM
Hi All! :dizzy:

As mentioned in the title (and definitely not intending to segregate or judge here!) this thread is intended for a specific size of woman, for all of us to check in, encourage, talk about upsets or goals met, get through setbacks, discuss things that have/have not worked for us, or generally chatter about the pros and cons of fitting into this category!

That being said! if you are:

moderately "tall" for a woman (I'll leave it to your discretion ;P I'm 5'8")
somewhere in your 20's (or early 30's, close enough)
sitting at about 225-250lbs right now
looking to lose about 50+ pounds (or just make it to One-derland)
And last, but certainly not least, willing to long in, support and coach your newly-found comrades into One-derland and beyond, feel free to post away! We're going to get there, and were going to get there TOGETHER.

No twin left behind! :grouphug:

:cheer2::cheer3:

kailpea
01-26-2014, 10:03 AM
Hey there! I would love to join my fellow tall twins. I'll go ahead and post my stats.

Height: 5'10 (actually the doctor says I'm 5'9 and 3/4)
Current Weight: 255.6

Good luck ladies!

whollyhick
01-26-2014, 11:41 AM
I guess I never really posted mine! Oops!

5'8"/233/22yo.

my mini goals are 10 pounds a month! So that what I'm going to need a little encouragement on! If anyone else wants to hit that goal as well, you're more than welcome to join me! :) I just figured it was a logical and steady goal for someone of our height and stature, AND I figured ten pounds a month is more than enough to keep ya motivated!

Skittlez
01-26-2014, 12:39 PM
Hey! I found the thread haha. I'm 5'9, probably about 250 atm I need to go weigh myself but I'm kind of terrified to step on the scale. I'm 28 years old, and I just went back to college this year. Let me tell you, that first semester just killed my diet. Between work and school I had no free time and I was stress eating like crazy. This semester I decided to do things differently. Today is my last day working, other than holiday breaks, until the semester is over. I'm very happy to focus just on school and my health for the next couple of months.

10 pounds a month sounds like a good mini goal, whollyhick! I think I'll join you in trying to hit that.

MarliQQ
01-26-2014, 04:32 PM
http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o180/Sworn2/wonder_twins3_zps4363861e.jpg

Hi Twins!!
My stats:
5'8 SW:250 CW:230 GW: 150

I can't wait until we all make it to Onederland :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:!!
Today I am feeling so drained :sp:. I am going to workout, but I so don't feel like it. They say exercise is supposed to bring you increased energy, but I do not feel that way lately at all. I literally feel like I am dragging myself lately, but it may have more to do with my mindset than my actual energy levels. I try not to say I am stressed, but I know enough to know prolonged stress is not good, and I am sure that I am not in the best of moods and haven't really been for a while :stress:.
I have stagnated on the scale, sitting firmly at 229, but I really feel like there is an upcoming woosh, so I cannot wait for that. I also am planning to measure myself again on Feb 1 so I can see my progress, I def know I have lost inches and I am so curious to see the numbers :D.

whollyhick Thanks for starting the thread :hug:.

Skittlez I definitely say weigh yourself or at least measure yourself as soon as possible, seeing those numbers go down, give such a sense of accomplishment :D. I also remember how bad my diet was in college, but it was the opposite for me, because I was pretty active back then. I actually ended up losing weight, despite pizza, starbucks, chinese food, pot lucks, alcohol, :cbg:, and Ben & Jerry nights with the girls in my dorm....

whollyhick
01-26-2014, 07:44 PM
AWH you guys! I'm glad I started this thread!!

Skittlez: don't scare me like that! I'm planning to start my Biology major this fall! :o but you'll do great I'm sure jumping back on the wagon will be easier with us to extend a few strong hands! ;) if you want super quick easy healthy meal ideas, feel free to PM me! Or, when I make something simple, I'll post it, so share! :) I've had to learn to do that because I'm eating as close to Vegetarian as possible and my husband is a bona fide carnivore!! Haha. So I've learned full well to be prepared and have healthy (and EASY) on hand!
One of my main go-tos is a flatbread wrap type deal. Here was today's:

1 fit&active flatbread (whole grain with flax) cut in half. This is an Aldi brand, and you'll see it a lot, because I'm frugal! :p
I do this to trick myself. If I think I'm eating two, I must mentally feel fuller! Or something. Either way. It makes each wrap only 50 calories (in the flatbread department ;) haha)
Inside!!
sliced cucumbers (for crunch, and to fill you up)
baby spinach
Tomato slices
Onion (if you want)
1/2 wedge spreadable cheese (I like jalapeño for this wrap I use the other half on the other wrap, so technically the whole wedge, on two. And this is happy farms, which is also ALDI brand and 25 calories! What?!)
one single serve package of guacamole (again, Aldi, I prefer spicy, and only one pack over two little wraps! Technically that makes for a LOT of guacamole, but I was indulging ;) haha)

And that's that! I use a butt-load of spinach, because I like it. A lot. It will also be a reoccurring theme in my foods! I paired it with half a grapefruit and a smoothie! And a biiigggg glass of water.

My smoothie was just frozen blueberries, strawberries, and half a banana, & golden flax, (which I prepared 6 of Saturday by throwing my dry ingredients into freezer bags and tossing them in the freezer! I do this when my bananas are perfectly ripe so they don't spoil! Then I just add 8oz. of vanilla almond milk, and budda-bing-budda-boom. Smoothie!

Which reminds me. MarliQQ, maybe you're feeling that way because you need smoothies in your life! my doc says I'm teetering in the borders of Glycemia, but my body seems to give me the right cravings to keep it in check, and I am POSITIVE smoothies are keeping me alive! And energetic!

I NEED something sweet with every meal. So. That happens a lot too. Haha. I was extra full. And felt great until just an hour ago when I made supper. Which ended up being a weird soup... Don't ask it totally doesn't have a category... Hahah!

Wow. Okay so is going to write you guys novels. Apparently! Haha
Either way nice to see you all here, and I am MORE than happy that the thread has happened! (It was your idea MarliQQ!! But myyyy pleasure!) we're going to truck our way into One-derland in an effortless twin-tornado! :grouphug:

whollyhick
01-26-2014, 08:09 PM
important message!!

Feel free to recruit any other member you see that fits the bill for this thread! My goal is to put power in numbers, and GET us there!

Twins all around!! ;) THIN-twins all around by summer! :woohoo:

SamanthaAngela
01-26-2014, 09:36 PM
Well hellooooo ladies! I was ninja'ed by whollyhick up thar' to join with you guys ^^

I'm only 5'6 (5'7 on a good day!) but I'm the tallest in my group of friends, if that counts!

Current I'm teetering between 227-230 according to my aunt's digital scale. When I was in NY over the holidays, my friend's scale read a consistant 217 almost every day I was there.. sooo... I'm not taking any chances, lol Sticking to 230 :) And that works because I'm 23 years old.

Just started my new lifestyle, felt it was necessary to accomidate all the new changes in my life. I broke up with my boyfriend of 4 years back in September (don't pity me, it was a dead end relationship that I put off ending for a good 3 years), moved to Florida on a whim, chopped all my hair off, and most recently just applied back at university for the upcoming fall, which I have dropped out of with one year left to move in with said ex.

SO now that y'all know my life story ( I apologize, I get wordy ><) I can't wait to see all your lovely progress photos as we go along and share in each and every one of your's special moments!

-Sam

whollyhick
01-26-2014, 10:05 PM
:)) :welcome: to our teeny tiny twinny club ;)

I'm happy to see recruits turning up! I cannot wait to see how this support helps us all! It's great to see people who really understand your situation!

( I've taken it upon myself to recruit gals down to 5'5" I guess that's hardly TALL tall. But I'm sure the body type can trickle down about that far, right?) haha if I'm wrong or things don't seem pertinent, everyone can feel free to come or go as they please!)

lalaes
01-26-2014, 10:07 PM
Hi chicas! Also got an invite by whollyhick.

I'm 5'10" and currently 214. My highest known weight was 370. I did get down to 194 last July and got kind of brunt out on dieting and decided to take a break. Spoiler alert, bad idea. I regained about 21lbs and have finally gotten back on track.

Hopefully we'll all be in one-derland sooner rather than later!

kailpea
01-27-2014, 12:41 AM
whollyhick, your wrap sounds delicious! I might have to try that. I think Aldi's flat bread is great. It's the Fit and Active brand right? I have never seen the individual guacamoles at my aldi. I might have to look harder. I love guacamole, but I have never had store bought. I don't make it too often because it browns so quickly.

I love Spinach too. In fact, all week I have been eating a spinach salad for lunch with strawberries and almonds. The recipe is HERE (http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Spinach-and-Strawberry-Salad/) for anyone who is interested. The only things I do differently is I use olive oil instead of vegetable and honey or agave nectar instead of the white sugar. I mix the dressing up and leave it on the counter and then slice my strawberries right before I eat my salad. About 2 tbs of the dressing is enough for a nice sized lunch salad. I challenge anyone who things they don't like spinach to try that salad. The dressing makes eating spinach like eating candy.

whollyhick
01-27-2014, 11:44 AM
Good morning.

Of course. That's a figure of speech. I mean to wish you all a good morning, because I do NOT feel good, on this particular morning. even though, it's always a morning to be good on.
(if you recognize the origin of the thought pattern that brought that last sentence. We are officially BFF's)

Anyway. Yesterday my calories stayed under, I felt awesome, and husband and I cleaned the house to an extensive degree yesterday, so I made it my day off exercise. Now, I regret it with all I have! :/ this morning I am bloated, miserable, achy, and retaining water like its my job. :cry: thanks, vagina. I really appreciate the FOUR POUNDS you're causing me to retain in water (and most likely poo, I know, TMI, but were all big girls here, so I'm sure we can accept the fact that sometimes TOM brings constipation!) but seriously. Four. Point. Six. &@!?^*% pounds. :stress::headache::barf: how is that even possible?! I'm mad. :mad:

And with that. I'm going to pout and watch a marathon of movies :corn: :wizard: and drink tea all day. *hmmph*

SamanthaAngela
01-27-2014, 12:38 PM
Awww! Whollyhick, I feel so sorry for you hun! I totally know how that is and how badly it sucks! At least it's a temporary thing, so that's good news, right? :D Stay strong hun and things will pass faster than you realize!

MarliQQ
01-27-2014, 08:42 PM
I was under my calories today after adjusting it a few days ago. I was able to workout and switched up the order of my workout a bit and I found it to be harder that way. I think I am going to stick with it, because if it is harder, that means I'm burning more calories right :lifter:?? I'd like to think so.
My weight fluctuated up about 2 pounds today :goodscale, that was a bummer, but slowly I am finding that my annoyance with the scale, has actually helped me to rely on other things, rather than become discouraged :halffull:.

whollyhick I know how you feel, I usually get the bloated and tired version of TOM as well. This month I refrained from my usual pepsi and snickers treat (the rare time I drink pepsi), but I think next month I am going to allow it. A hot cloth across my midsection usually works wonders :cool:.

lalaes Glad the 21 pounds did not discourage you, it would make me :bomb:.

SamanthaAngela Wow! Interesting history there...not going to go into a man bashing session...but sometimes those seemingly hard choices are the best for us in hindsight :hug:.

lalaes
01-27-2014, 10:23 PM
Today is the 5th day of my restart and I'm alright in calories but I'm kind of going through that withdrawal stage where I just want to eat everything or I'm trying to rationalize it as being only 50 cal or whatever over what I set my calories for. Blah.

MarliQQ I found that with daily weighing, I did get less invested in the numbers. The milestone numbers and still kind of make you :dizzy:, but overall they're just one way to track your successes.
I am disappointed in myself when I think I where I could be weight wise now but I was actually relieved it was only 21. When I finally got my act together and weighed, I really thought it was going to be more.

whollyhick Hope the tea and movies made your night better. Don't forget that the cleaning/exercise could make you retain water too if the movements aren't what you normally do.

SamanthaAngela
01-28-2014, 09:50 AM
Y'know, it's really weird, but I ate terribly while I was in NY. I think my friend and I went through 4 lbs of bacon in three weeks.. not to mention countless bottles of liquor, candy, cookies.. butter.. augh. it was just bad. BUT upon arriving back home I found that I'm not having ANY cravings... in fact, I've really been craving vegetables like a madman. I'm not trying to gloat here btw, I'm more shocked than anything that I'm really not missing any of the utter junk that I typically ate (ok ok ok, I will ALWAYS have a love/hate relationship with bacon).

I've been staying under on my calorie intake== I drink an ensure for breakfast and a lean cuisine for lunch.. it only adds up to about 600-700 calories though and I only eat dinner maybe 3-4 times a week x.x I gotta start supplementing my diet with more healthy food or I'm going to end up in starvation mode...anyone got some good ideas for snacks? :D

whollyhick
01-28-2014, 01:09 PM
Oh SamanthaAngela! I am a snack-a-holic! Sme of my go-to snacks include:

Whole raw nuts
Raisins
Apples & almond butter
Fruit in general
Smoothies
Veggies & hummus (mmm hummus)
Oatmeal
There are also some fantastic recipes for snacks that taste like cheating in createnplate dot com! :) a friend of mine runs it, it's awesomeee!

I know those are kindof generic responses, but it's what I eat!! Haha.

On another note: my day today, hopefully, looks far better than my yesterday! If I don't have massively severe cramps today I will be trying out my treadmill! Wooooo! :woohoo: and I'm getting a little bored with food (and frankly, TOM makes me have zero appetite, so I'll have to probably make something really tasty to convince myself to eat it! So, I'm up for vegetarian suggestions as well!! :) (don't worry. I'm Pescetarian which is basically Lacto-ovo-fish vegetarian, and I'm this way for health reasons not ethical reasons. So we won't have to argue over bacon or anything ;p haha)

I'm not even TOUCHING the scale until TOM leaves, so no updates there! But I'm hoping once I'm all back to normal, it'll just magically be like I lost 5-7 pounds! Of not, I might be devastated! :/ I want to keep to my goal! I REALLY want this 10lb per month thing!

MarliQQ
01-28-2014, 03:22 PM
Hi guys :D
Scale disappointment today, 230, so yeah I am def retaining water and I am suspicious that it is as a result of starting 30DS and my sodium levels. The good thing is that based on past experience, I am due a 4-6lb woosh, which would be nice to see. I'm not sad about that, I just want to see real changes in the mirror, I know I am asking a lot at this time, so I am trying to scale back my expectations. You try to remember that it took you time to put the weight on, so it will take time for it to come off.

SamanthaAngela My favorite snacks are bananas, cantaloupes, yogurt, and pre-making homemade oatmeal raisin cookies where I can control calories helps with snacking too. Chewing ice also helps with the "oral factor" if you think you aren't really hungry.
Oh and I think someone said this earlier, or maybe it was another thread--a nice boiled egg medium or soft sliced up is a good filler too.

SamanthaAngela
01-28-2014, 05:07 PM
Wow! So many good snack foods, making me hungry thinking about it, haha!

I'm definitely going to have to hit the store soon to stock up on all these fabulous items!:D

MarliQQ: Keep your chin up! You are doing wonderfully and the results will show in due time, I'm sure :hug:

whollyhick
01-28-2014, 07:37 PM
So guys, here it is. I finally told my whiny menstrual self that I needed to get a time to build from for my mile, and here it is! I did a yoga warm-up, but I still walked the first 1/10th of a mile to get a feel for the new treaddy, and the product.....

:woohoo: not too shabby!! (I think, I've never been a runner. Ever. I ran in gym class when we had to. So I have to say, I genuinely surprised myself with that time!) so. heres to improvement!! I may put on a couple more miles tonight, just to get myself feeling froggy, or maybe I'll do an hour of yoga. Who knows. Maybe I'll update tomorrow!

If you have any running tips, I'd love to hear them! Also, if you have a favorite workout song, I'll take those suggestions too! For now, I'm just kindof diving in and trying to listen to my body (and push it a little too. If it doesn't hurt, it's not working. That's my theory)

Nighty night gals! Can't wait to hear from you tomorrow! :dizzy:

SamanthaAngela
01-29-2014, 03:26 PM
That is pure awesomesauce!!! I wish I had a treadmill so bad x.x I used to sell them and other sports equipment so I even know all the right brands to buy XD I hope you get good use out of it and it performs exceedingly well for you!! Whoo! I'm excited now, haha!

Soooo I decided to do a little weigh in last night after trying out this lifestyle change for the past 2 weeks or so, and while I haven't been perfect I really thought I was doing good.. so to see I GAINED a pound... I was not happy. Stupid evil scale. Oh well... I'm gonna record every day of February just to see the fluctuations, since I've never taken time to consider that your weight changes every day (or has thte potential to)

Hope all you lovely ladies are doing well!!!

:grouphug: Sam

whollyhick
01-29-2014, 04:22 PM
Sam, don't let it get the better of you! Fluctuations are hard to cope with at first, especially since I just realized my monthly fluctuation is a good four pounds! Yikes! Haha. But this morning, I was a happy camper and those four pounds (and then some!) we're GONE! I've been waiting for this whoosh of loss! And now I'm ready to stick with it! My belly even looks different! So don't give in! We're here for you! :hug: to ONEderlaaanndd! ;) (I am just enthralled with that term! HAHAHAHA!)

MarliQQ
01-29-2014, 09:29 PM
Hi Twins!

:carrot::carrot::carrot:

I was under my calories and completed my exercise for the day. My legs are sore and I got tired just from walking up the steps :). I am at 229 today and still sitting. I plan on measuring myself on Feb. 1, which will be a month from my last measurements, I think I have made real progress, and can't wait to see what I accomplished :D.

whollyhick :celebrate:Yay!!:celebrate: I am so happy for you! 4lbs would be a sight to see for me right now :) Let me steal your happy for a moment....:smoking:...okay, you can have it back. That is also a great starting point for you on he tread, 15 min at 4.5 is really good. Keep it up! In one month I was able to significantly increase my stamina on the tread, so if you stick to it, in a month you will progress amazingly :woops:.

SamanthaAngela If you just started a new strength training regimen that can be the cause of you retaining more water while your muscles heal the tears you are making. This is what I suspect is my issue as well, but I am not certain since I don't have months and months of weight loss data to pore over :book2:.

SamanthaAngela
01-30-2014, 08:10 AM
MarliQQ I actually haven't started any workout routine XD I just completely up-ended my eating habits and cut my calorie intake, so I'm sure my body is still just adjusting ^^ That does mean I NEED to come up with a workout routine, however, lol.

Today starts with a headache... carried over from last night x.x This is gonna be a looooooooooong day ladies, so wish me luck.

Oh! And on another note, I've found I can chug water like a fiend now! I drank 144 ounces of water the other day.. that's 18 cups! Whoo!:carrot:

whollyhick
01-30-2014, 01:31 PM
Awesome job with the water intake Sam! I really need to start doing that!! And. That is EXACTLY what I did too! In January I focused in diet changes, and now I have my treadmill. And of course. Yoga. I've been doing that for about half the month, ;) but I think that's the best way to go, so that you can adjust your food intake according to what your body lets you know you need! More protein when you're sore, more water, etc. learning to listen to your body and take in foods mindfully. :) I seriously need to find a YouTube link to that little mini-seminar that Dr. Deepak Chopra does talking about mindful eating and how much to eat and stuff. It CHANGED the way I eat!

As an update. Last night my cousin was in from out of state, so we had Taco Bell. Oops. It wasn't so bad. I subbed refried beans for the beef in my crunch wrap and I stayed under calories. Surprisingly, it wasn't enough sodium to cause me to retain a lot of water! So I was happy about that! I'm hoping in the next couple days I whoosh down to my ten pound goal. But I won't be upset if I don't. :) this is a process, and I think it's going pretty well so far!
(Much of it thanks to the motivation from you gals! :grouphug:

SamanthaAngela
01-30-2014, 03:59 PM
Oh My Gosh, whollyhick! My aunt just recorded that Deepak Chopra seminar on tv the other day!! We have yet to watch it but I already know good things are going to come from it. I too do yoga, or did before I went on vacay. I love yoga so much, so so so so much XD.

Also, aside from last night I've been subbing out food I would normally eat for vegetarian meals and I'm wonderfully surprised at how much I don't miss the meat o.o Crazeh. thinking of sticking with a predominately vegetarian lifestyle (I've gotta work on the dairy half of that) because my body sure likes it!

On another note, the headache is gone and the day is passing swiftly. I'm on my 4th "sippy cup" of water, which is... *does quick math* going to be 96 oz of water so far! Whoo whoo.. I find I mindlessly drink water while I read on the computer.. so strange. But it's kinda interesting that once I started getting into the habit of getting at least 8 glasses of water a in, it because sooooo easy to just drink drink drink. Loving it. :D

BTW Jimmy John's Veggie Sub is amazing, just putting that out there!

MarliQQ
01-30-2014, 09:37 PM
Hi Twins!

Today I did workout and was on track to have a good under calorie day, but yeah...that didn't happened. I pigged out for dinner with take-out. I won't regret it until later, right now I am completely guilt free :lol:. As far as my weigh-in, I am still plateauing at 229. Crazy that this has been occurring for almost 3 weeks. This is starting to feel like I am maintaining, which I know I am not. I guess I should stop calling it a plateau, because they do say it is not really plateauing if you are losing inches...

SamanthaAngela I lived in a house full of vegetarians and I was miserable :D. I mean I could stop eating some types of meat, but not all of them :eek:. I got a meat addiction I suppose :). Now as far as the water topic goes, I started, about two months ago, to drink solely water, but I am not drinking 144oz :dizzy:, more like 96oz-112oz. I think drinking calories can be a waste...I like food more:corn:.

whollyhick Regarding the sodium, that is a surprise, because fast food joints and restaurants seem to stuff every centimeter with it. I however, am trying not to deprive myself of things I like to eat just to lose weight. I only live once and I am sure there is a balance I can achieve for the rest of my life. Anyway, with all the rambling aside, you can have your Taco Bell and not lose track of your goals, because then it becomes dieting, and who likes dieting :?:

whollyhick
01-30-2014, 09:47 PM
MarliQQ- I was shocked myself (by the sodium and how well my body took it.) but you're right, NOBODY likes dieting, that's part of the reason I just let myself have it. Last time I ate something bad I beat myself up over it. And it was silly and just made me lose traction in this lifestyle change. So. I just try to stay conscious of what's going in my cashew-hole!
(Haha, previously a cake hole, but I'm currently obsessed with raw cashews, so it seemed fitting! Hahaha :joker: yeah... That's not the last corny joke I'll be making.... Unfortunately. :rofl: :ziplip: )

Daimere
01-31-2014, 03:14 AM
I'll join. I'm 5'7"? (at work they measured me at 5'6" but a boyfriend of mine is 5'6" and I am taller than him). I always said I was 5'8". I'm 215/26. The last week has not been on plan. But I let myself eat yesterday and feel better and am on plan.

whollyhick
01-31-2014, 02:23 PM
:welcome: to the cool club ;)

But in all seriousness. I'm glad you've joined! :) I am excited to check in every day and see everyone! And I hope you will be too! Looks like you have a sweet trick for your loss, and I'm going to be checking out that blog soon as I finish my post! ;)

But today, fluctuating again. As usual. A good friend of mine sent me screenshots of her first ten pounds and how much she fluctuated, and it really smoothed out my bitter feelings toward my scale! :P slowly but surely. I'm a little shy of my ultimate month goal of ten pounds, but that means high gear in FEBRUARY!!

And also, I have a confession to make. Being that Groundhog Day is on the 2nd, I should tell you all.... Punxsutawney, is my hometown. So for all of you that get angry that our prognosticating rodent didn't "being spring" fear not, I want to shoot him too! Haha. Just kidding. As weird as the tradition is, it's the town I grew up in, and truth be told, it's not that bad. (Not that good either, just like any other mediocre small town, just with a lot more rodent statues. Hahaha!)
So now you know! :D haha

Good luck in February girls! I'm rooting for you! :grouphug:

MarliQQ
01-31-2014, 07:41 PM
Hi Twins,

I sweated a good while today, and I felt like I really did some fat damage. I am resigning myself to the idea that I will not switch up my workout until my previously set time frame occurs. I would be only doing it to get some movement on the scale, and I don't think it is worth it, I like the program I have set up, and that will be what I stick with. So I did not get the 10lb loss I wished for, that is the only disappointment I have this month. But I have to remember all of my other non-scale victories. Maybe February will bode better for me, the optimism in me says it will ;).

Daimere Nice to see a post of yours again :). Great job with the weight loss! And regarding your height, at least you are aware of the discrepancy :). Height is one of those self-identifiers you take for granted, like your shoe size, and I don't need you to tell me that I am any different than I always believed I was...but that's just me and my ornery ways...:cool:.

whollyhick I forgot all about groundhog's day :). Probably because I always thought the groundhog's opinion didn't matter much :p. But at least your town has a national identity. I have lived in towns before, where the local Walmart was the only "landmark" worth mentioning...

Daimere
02-01-2014, 11:48 AM
MarliQQ- Well, I will get remeasured in a few months (I am thinking March?) and I am hoping I will have gotten taller).

Today I went to water aerobics. Missed last week due to car issues/snow/ice/mfl. Since I overate a few days ago, I haven't been daily weighing. I will climb back on that scale tonight when I wake up. I have hardly been using my gym membership to the fullest. I signed up for Color Me Rad Run cause I'm crazy. So I am thinking of starting the couch to 5k program. Anyone familiar with it? Nervous to start running! I think I barely have 8-9 weeks before the run.

whollyhick
02-01-2014, 12:38 PM
You can do it! I'm sure 8-9 weeks is plenty of time to prepare! :) the nearest gym to me is more than 13 miles away, soo i have to use my own equipment, sometimes, it's not nearly as glamorous as it sounds...haha also, you have to rely on self discipline, which I lack. Haha. :tread:

MarliQQ
02-01-2014, 08:17 PM
Measured myself today for my monthly weigh-in and lost an average of 3in on my neck, waist, and hips. So I am hoping to lose much more in February since I will be doing the 30 Day Shred the entire month :lifter:. I have seen some people with some amazing results and I definitely want the inches off, even though it does not usually translate into crazy pounds off.
I was under my cals for today, and I was yesterday too, which is totally needed since I had a real fat girl day, days before. I think that day I was over by like :coach:800 cals!!:cheer:!!
Have not done that since I started trying to lose weight. Surprisingly it barely had any effect on my weight. I think I fluctuated up about 1/2 a lb the day after and I went back to my usual 229-230 "plateau" thing I have been doing for weeks.

Daimere I looked into couch to 5k, and I planned on doing that after I am done with 30DS. I have seen some threads on mfp where people got great results. I want to do it out of curiosity, but I just am skeptical that it could get me running:woops:in the time frame provided.

Daimere
02-02-2014, 10:39 AM
MarliQQ- I asked one of my friends about it and she said that she had to repeat a couple days. But she said that it helped her feel like she was DOING something. I'm just nervous that I won't have any time to train. Or failing. The reason why I joined the gym was to have the walking track to train. So no excuses supposedly?

Today I weighed in at 216.6. Not bad since I overate for 2 days! I did a circuit training working. I'm worried about this bad weather coming through. :(

thewalrus0
02-02-2014, 03:04 PM
Hi everyone!

I'm a bit late I think but I'm here! I'm finally getting settled into a routine this semester so I definitely intend to be on here more often.

I'm having a bit of an adjustment period today as I just got a new phone. It's one that I've been wanting, the Galaxy Note 3, but I was previously using an iPhone and so there's been a switch in apps. On my iPhone I had a cool app that tracked calories and carbs and worked really well but now I'm having to use a different app, as there's no Android alternative. :/

I mean, I like Android for a lot of reasons but carb counting apps has never been a strong spot for them, and iPhone didn't even have a lot of choices anyways.

So I'm on Myfitnesspal which, for counting calories, works really well but is a little bit of a pain for carbs.

Oh well though, right? :P Not much to do but keep on keepin' on.

I also am on TOM and had a good 3 days of cheats meals here and there so, now that I've had my fun, I'm looking to seriously push myself to get to 235lbs by the end of February.

:) I know I can do it, but some weeks I think we all need a little breathing room before getting back to the grind. My plan is pretty flexible anyways but I'm a giant sugar and bread addict so sometimes it's good to take a break and indulge. My goal during these times is not to gain and I didn't!

Well good luck to all! I'll try to catch up on all the posts on here later after I've finished my giant pile of homework.

whollyhick
02-02-2014, 07:00 PM
:welcome: :hug:
Glad you could make it! We're just throwing out updates when we can nowadays, so no worries! You're not late! It's the beginning of the month and time to put it in high gear all together! :)

Today I have hives. I think. :/ not positive why, but I have little red dotties all over my torso! I'm not itchy or uncomfortable, or having any other side effects, so, I do not know what would have triggered this nonsense! Haha

Also. I didn't weigh me. I try to consciously eat well and avoid the scale on Sundays. Like a test-run at maintaining! Haha. But. I need to get my arse in gear with the use of my treadmill! Someone threaten me! Please! :club: nah, I know it's my own stupid loss not doing it. So. Time to implement a new habit! Two days in this month already that I haven't done it! :o but! I week is day shift week for husband, so I'll be up at four AM. There aren't many better ways to force yourself to fix your sleep schedule when your duty in life is the friendly a
Arm clock! ;p hahaha

I did, however, create a hot and sour soup reminiscent of the kind you get in Chinese restaurants. And I was overall happy with how that turned out :stir:

For those of you who also are using MFP, if I haven't mentioned, my name is Jakeysmrs, and I'd be happy to have you all as friends on there!! :)

MarliQQ
02-02-2014, 11:08 PM
Hi Twins!:carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:

Was under my cal goal today and saw some movement on the scale, 228.9, which is great since I have been fluctuating between 229-231 for 2wks straight. I should be happier, but I am withholding excitement, especially since it may go back up. The good thing is that I have never seen my weight fluctuate up more than 2 pounds:goodscale.
I did not work out today, too busy all day, and actually I still am busy, I just decided to take this quick break to check in with you all. I always feel bad when I don't work out, guilty. I only missed one workout last month, so I am already off to a bad start and it is only day 2 of Feb.

whollyhick Maybe the red dots are due to you being allergic to exercise:yikes:....:p. Seriously, that is a real thing though, and it would be a good excuse for why you can't work out ;).

thewalrus0 You are talking to my inner geek, I love tech "junk, and yes the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 is a KILLER phone, great choice. I am one of those people who think iphones are way overrated. I guarantee you that you will soon forget the size of that phone, everybody does...man that phone has so many cool features...

SamanthaAngela
02-03-2014, 12:04 AM
Oh ladies, I'm feeling terribly discouraged x.x. I've been doing so good on eating and making healthy choices and staying under on my calorie intake.. etc etc... but I keep going up in weight! Just weighed myself this morning and I was sitting at 233. *sigh* I mean, I am going through TOM atm, but still just really sucks to work so hard and not a single drop anywhere.

Not giving up by any means, this next week is going to be stricter than before, and I'm going to really start back in on yoga/cardio/strength 4 days a week. So with any luck that'll give things the extra oomph to finally see ANY bit of results. x.x Oy. Wish y'all were my next door neighbors, I need an exercise pal XD

SamanthaAngela
02-03-2014, 09:47 AM
And I guess my complaining paid off XD Weighed myself this morning and I'm sitting pretty at 228.5, hey I'll take it :D

MarliQQ
02-03-2014, 06:39 PM
Hi twins!!
Drum roll please...:frypan::frypan::frypan::frypan::frypan:. ..good enough.

Weighed in at an impressive 225.8! :lol3::lol3::lol3:
^^The weight that I wanted to lose a week ago, I guess it's better than never. I am not going to say I hit my mini goal until I see some stabilization at this weight. But do you guys want to know the real horrible truth?? I am still not satisfied :dizzy:, yeah I sound crazy, but I really don't think I will find that any weight will feel like a victory for me until I get in the 2-teens. I am obsessed with getting down there :drool:. But what is even worse, knowing me, I will move the pendulum of satisfaction even further once I get there, because then I will be :cry:ing for wonderland. I'm loopy...:dizzy::dizzy::dizzy:

SamanthaAngela Lol Samantha, I wish it was that easy--ask and you shall receive. :flame:Congratulations on the wonderful burn!:flame:

lalaes
02-03-2014, 07:28 PM
Hi girlies! I finally got my first weight loss of my restart, 3lbs. I know some of it was probably water weight but it feels good to be back on the way down.

SamanthaAngela Congrats! Whatever works right?;)

MarliQQ Congrats! Swooshes are always both great and a little annoying at the same time.

SamanthaAngela
02-03-2014, 08:11 PM
You ladies are doing awesome!!! keep up the good work!! I'm getting a little scale crazy b/c I weighed in again when I got home from work, and now I'm at 231. Meh, I know it's because it's mid-day and I've eaten, etc etc, so it's not bugging me as much as it was XD

Ate meat for the first time in a couple weeks and my stomach is killing me, I wonder if I'm already building up a tolerance against it or if it's something else... hmmmmmm....

whollyhick
02-03-2014, 09:57 PM
Hi girls! I'm glad to see we're all on a roll! :) I got to update my ticker todayyy! Hooray for 231.4!! Yay yay yay yay yay!!! AND I got a new job todayyy! YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY!!! So lets keep being positive and making magic happen!
Now I need to learn to eat good, pack good lunches for work, AND begin implementing an exercise regimen! yikes! Haha. I'm really really excited for this new chapter! And I'm glad to be sharing my weight loss success with all your lovely faces!! :D

Daimere
02-04-2014, 04:14 AM
I forgot to update yesterday. 216.6. Did a leslie dvd that was walk and run. I weighed in at 216.6 again. So I doubt tomorrow it will budge much further. Next week I think I will start training for my 5k. Although I am trying to be active this week. I'm still sore from Sunday. I found out today that I lost the hoop contest I entered a week ago. This week will be busy busy busy. I am doing four more 12s and an 8.

thewalrus0
02-04-2014, 03:02 PM
Whoo I made it into the 230's! I'm looking forward to reaching 235 because that marks 60lbs down for me!

It's pretty exciting, although I'm really getting antsy to be closer to the 210's already!

My first test of the semester was yesterday so now I have just a bit of breathing room. :) I am going to be hanging out with a pretty cute guy today so that should be fun, but my TOM is just wrapping up so I'm trying to ignore the lingering low self esteem and just have fun!

@Samantha Lol, that worked out quick! Don't be so hard on yourself with the scale. The way I see it is that it's going to drop or stay stuck and if it drops, good, if it gets stuck then it's time to shake up the routine. Nothing you can't fix. :)

@Marli Oh my gosh I am LOVING this phone. Games are so much fun on it and watching videos on it is great and it came with a pretty intuitive sketchbook app and the stylus is pressure sensitive, it's amazing. I draw with traditional tools usually but sometimes when I'm out and about and the mood strikes me to draw, if I don't have any sketching supplies with me then I'm kind of screwed. :P The Note has inspired me to explore digital art a bit more! I think I'd like to try some drawing tablets sometime, now that I've seen what you can do with one, albeit a small one. Bamboo tablets from Wacom are supposed to be lovely and so I think I'll start saving for that.

Daimere
02-04-2014, 09:05 PM
Ugh the scale hasn't budged a stitch. Today is offical weigh in day and it was 216.6 again. I'm getting a bit worried now. :/ I am still sore. So maybe I am retaining water

MarliQQ
02-04-2014, 10:43 PM
I bounced up a bit to 226.2, but since it was such a small bounce from past experience, I know it won't go up much more. However, usually after these wooshes I get a nice week or two at the same weight :(. So yeah, I very much hope that this is not the case. Anyways, I was under my calories today and did workout, so I feel good about that.

whollyhick :celebrate: Congratulations!:celebrate: Good idea, pre-making lunches and setting a routine, best thing you can do, because coming home after work to workout, can get cumbersome :dizzy:. I hope you can keep the momentum in your weight loss journey.

Daimere I know I am not there with you, but I think you are retaining water too, just based off my familiarity with your previous posts. Definitely due a woosh.

thewalrus0 You are definitely talking my language :D. I too looked into Wacoms, but for my sister, who is a real artist. But I was so impressed by their pads, I started wanting one too!! Lol, don't ask me what I would do with it :hyper:. The closest I get to any form of art, is some basic gif making and stuff like this:

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o180/Sworn2/allodsbanner_zps8fc8bfe5.png

I created this banner for an account I have on another forum I participate in, and it was created with some deviant art brushes. Those people are the real artists :write:.

Daimere
02-05-2014, 01:01 AM
Definitely due a woosh.
The sad thing is once I have this woosh, I'm going to stall out again because TOM is next week. Boo! I'm also wondering if there is some mental block on this weight. When I last lost tons of weight and got to this weight, it "started getting harder." I think I'm going to have to do some major food cleaning up next week if it doesn't budge in the next few days.

Whoo I made it into the 230's!
YAY!

@whollyhick-Good job! Sounds like this is going to work for you! One time I lost 25 lbs just by taking better lunches to work than what I had been eating previously.

whollyhick
02-05-2014, 07:16 AM
So today out of sheer boredom and an over abundance of energy, I may just work out until my husband comes home. The weather hit is pretty damn hard here, and he got his car stuck in the driveway, and had to take mine! This means two things: 1. I'm anxious and I likely will be ALL day worrying about him. And 2. I officially had to call off my first day of work... Not good. Hopefully they'll have the good sense to know 13 miles isn't an average walk to work! (And that my husbands job is far more important to our livelihood!)
Ugh. So. That's MY projected day.
I've also decided that it might benefit me to step on the scale far less. Little fluctuations bother me much more than they should, and I need to focus on implementing a workout regime and drinking enough water rather than obsessing over that three point one digit number. A we shall see!

thewalrus0
02-05-2014, 12:06 PM
I'm officially rooted in the 230's! Today the scale read 235 but I hardly ate yesterday so I'm calling it 238 until I see something more solid, but it's okay because at least it's officially in the 230's!

I also met a guy. :) He's really adorable and I like him a lot so I'm going to see where that goes.

paigeinabook
02-05-2014, 02:26 PM
thewalrus0 -- good luck with the cute guy!! AND AWESOME on the 230s mark!! You are an inspiration :)

paigeinabook
02-05-2014, 02:28 PM
Hello tall people! I do believe I belong in this forum. My stats are
weight: 238
height: 5'11.
I'm also actually a twin so that is the reason I originally clicked on this thread haha

whollyhick
02-05-2014, 02:39 PM
This is a little hilarious because I just made it a point to invite you here! ;) glad you came! Great minds and all that! :) :hug:

whollyhick
02-05-2014, 03:11 PM
Oh my goodness! I feel like such a terrible thread-host right now! Though we've all had our weight ups and downs, I don't know if you guys have noticed, but we have a few absolute inspirations on this thread, and I feel that they deserve recognition!!
Daimere your progress (and your super duper hoopety hooper skills) are absolutely inspirational! Glad to have you!
thewalrus0 you've made great progress, like awesome progress! and been an awesome inspiration! I'm really happy you accepted my invite!
lalaes you've really made it a long ways, and that alone makes you a fantastic inspiration! Thanks for being a part of everyone's journey to One-derland!
Skittlez another gal who has made a lot of progress! you've been a little MIA lately, but I totally wish you'd come back! I'm sure you'd be welcomed back with open arms! :)
(Disclaimer: this post was totally not meant to disrespect anyone's journey, I just really feel like these gals need some recognition for killing it!! :) it's nice to have experienced members who can give support! We're all going to get there! Every twin in this thread! I feel so much stronger coming here every day and seeing what you've done and how far everyone has come. Every pound and inch is a little victory, and we twins are all in the same war! :)
I can't tell you how happy I've been to meet you all!! :) :grouphug:

paigeinabook
02-05-2014, 08:43 PM
hehehe @whollyhick you and I must have great, alike thinking minds :)

MarliQQ
02-05-2014, 09:35 PM
So yeah, just started week 2 of JM's 30DS, and I hate her :mad:. Nuff said :tape:. Anyhow I did go over my cals today, but I had no willpower, my grandmother makes something I call "crack cake", and I laid my eyes on it and I just couldn't....:yes:....:hungry:

paigeinabook:welcome3:

whollyhick :eek: wow your first day of work...that would be scary for me...I would be a nervous wreck coming in the next day...

whollyhick
02-05-2014, 10:05 PM
Week two is an *** kicker! MarliQQ personally I preferred her 6 week six pack DVD, because in 3DS she does a routine, and then you do it over! Ad you're dreading round two because you KNOW how round one felt!! 6wsp seemed to switch exercises much quicker and you were DONE before you knew it! I liked that about it. My mom hated it. But just throwing it out there if that's why you hate Jillian! Lol.
And as for the job thing, don't worry. Imma nervous WRECK. I had to call off day 1 because my husband got stuck on the way to work and had to take my car! :o but his job is the clear breadwinner in this case, so I had to sacrifice! (Otherwise, I couldn't afford said car!) yuck. So I know my tummy is going to be crazy nervous in the morning for my ACTUAL first day... :p I'm going to do a yoga flow for stress and relaxation, and be mindful. :yoga: Hopefully I'll be able to learn a lot and do well in this first two day stretch! (Luckily my weekends are off! Yippee!) so. Wish me luck, because I am gonna NEED it! And hopefully I pack enough snacks, because if I come home hungry... It'll be binge-central! :( and that's the last thing I need!! :/

paigeinabookwe must! It was like I was welcoming you, and you were typing on this page at the exact same time! Haha. Either way, glad you came! :)

Oh! Everyone! :balloons:
MarliQQ and I want to be in Onederland by our birthdays, mine is June 9th and hers is June 24th! :celebrate:
So. I think we should share birthdays, and birthday goals, just to reference in the future and help with supporting our twinsies! (Wow. That was a corny name. Hahaha and were officially up to being up to 9 of us if I counted correctly! which I do not know the actual name for... (Twins, triplets, quadruplets. Quintuplets, sextuplets, septuplets, octuplets, and... Us? Haha or. I could be blowing smoke. Never know with me...) :rofl:

Skittlez
02-05-2014, 11:03 PM
Ugh, school is really kicking my butt. By the time I get home from class and have to do homework all I feel like eating is a bunch of junk! I think for me a lot of it is a mindset. I don't really care about losing weight. I care about being healthy. I know I am not being healthy with the way I am eating and my lack of exercise. I'm going to stop being so lazy with it all tomorrow and actually wake up and use my treadmill. I have one, I should probably actually use it for something other than a dust collector :-P

paigeinabook
02-05-2014, 11:32 PM
@whollyhick NO way! We have the same birthday! June 9 ftw!! I am down for the ONE-derland challenge by that point!

thewalrus0
02-06-2014, 02:53 AM
Aww you guys I feel really honored to even be mentioned.

Shucks!

:P

Daimere
02-06-2014, 03:23 AM
So I have a week off. With the horrible lack of movement on the scale, I'm half tempted to change up my way of eating (either just buy a random nutrisystem box for one week from walmart or switch to South Beach Diet). Maybe that would help me move from 216.

I had a bad morning yesterday. Car died. I ate 130 over my calories. I added some chips which probably was emotional eating since I was planning to eat some soup anyways. Then my car died again. I was late for work. I just hope it starts in the morning so I can go get a new battery. UGH.

Daimere your progress (and your super duper hoopety hooper skills) are absolutely inspirational! Glad to have you!

Honestly I lost most of this weight 4 years ago. I was maintaining 40 lost. It's just now is the time to actually achieve my real body. So never give up on this! This is the first time I've actually felt a connection with the 20somethings forum. I've not been feeling much of a connection in the 100 lbers which is why I floated here. So thanks guys for being awesome no matter where you are in your weight loss!

lalaes
02-06-2014, 01:14 PM
We have a whole bunch of Geminis on the thread. My birthday is June 6th.

thewalrus0
02-06-2014, 01:28 PM
BTW @Daimere, I hoop too!

Mostly just on body stuff. I was working on the forward behind the back duckout trick but without a lot of room it's hard so I'm going to save that trick for summer. Lately I just hoop in front of the tv, although sometimes I go out in the garage and can actually get a little bit of room to dance.

I'm really thinking about getting a fire hoop but I'm so scared of burning myself! :P

thewalrus0
02-06-2014, 01:31 PM
I'm officially at 60lbs down today!

I think the scale is going to stay firmly at 235!

Skittlez
02-06-2014, 06:14 PM
My birthday is June 10 haha. Geminis all over the place!

whollyhick
02-06-2014, 07:08 PM
This is LITERALLY like the Tall TWINS thread! :hug::hug: I love it! we probably have the same bad habits and little quirks too!! We're like the perfect group to do this together!!! :balloons: I'm like super extra ridiculously excited about it! (Surely you guys know the feeling I mean! Haha)

paigeinabook you're seriously like the closest thing I could ever find to a twin, and you're already taken by an ACTUAL twin! Wahhh! Hahaha. :P but really, I've only ever known one person who shared my birthday (besides Johnny Depp and Natalie Portman) so. I'm pretty enthralled! Haha

Today, was my official first day of work, orientations and things, so nothing that exciting... But I'm OFFICIALLY in the 220s!! I'm sure it'll fluctuate up and down, in and out of the 230/22? Mark, but still!! 229.4 yayyyy! :yay: :yay: :yay:

Daimere
02-06-2014, 09:50 PM
I'm really thinking about getting a fire hoop but I'm so scared of burning myself! :P
Honestly it's fire. You will get burned. Either way, you'd only want to do things you were confident about when the hoop is on fire. I wear knitted wool fingerless gloves or my kinetic kevlar sleeves. I actually burned fire fans first before fire hoop.

MarliQQ
02-06-2014, 11:42 PM
Hi Twin Twins!! :twirly::twirly:

I have had a pretty good day, I was under my calories today, and had a really great workout. I think mostly because it was one of those mind over matter things. I psyched myself up pretty good today :hyper:, so I hit my basement with excitement, and had a better than expected workout. With all the squats and lunges though, my knees don't love me anymore...so I have been trying to show them some :love:. It's weird that all of a sudden I have a renewed focus on this weight loss thing, which is great, because I think I was starting to question my ability to actually reach my goals. Which is never ever a good thing, but thank god I was able to get myself a jump start, mentally and physically today. I will need this in the coming weeks, TOM is on the way...

Skittlez I feel you regarding school--I remember being stressed, late nights studying, midterms, finals, long *** papers, pizza, alcohol... It is a wonder I made it through. I wish you the best of luck, hopefully you are much more organized than I was, because it was hard balancing all the social activities I wanted to participate in, with my studies. I wanted it ALL, lol :D.

lalaes, Skittlez Booo! I'm a lone Cancer :p. That's fine, nobody wants to join the "bipolar" club anyways...:s:

Daimere If my car broke down I would be down-right depressed. I do not "play" with my transportation, that is like electricity going out in the house, I can't deal :rolleyes:. I hope you get it all fixed up :hug:.

Daimere
02-07-2014, 01:30 AM
MarliQQ- That's how I feel. I feel so DOWN about the not having transportation. I hate that I had to call in and was late cause of my last two car issues. That weekend I was trapped, I was so depressed!

oh, oh by the way, the scale read 215.6. Although I am worried that I may be getting sick. Stress + no sleep + TONS of overtime. I DON'T WANNA BE SICK ON MY WEEK OFF

SamanthaAngela
02-07-2014, 10:29 AM
Goooooooood Morning twins!

What. A. Week! I have been trying to find time at work to log in and post all week long but it has been crazy as all **** here because of tax season. x.x
You ladies are doing AWESOME!!!! I couldn't believe there were two more pages already since I last checked. :D So glad to see this thread staying super active and positive!!!!!! Keep it up!!

A little update about me, I've been weighing everyday so that I can see the little fluctuations in my body, but I'm holding steady at around 228.5-228. I have pilonidal disease and this week my lower back has been killing me because of it so I haven't worked out, but I'm doing much better today. So starting tonight I will be doing some awesome yoga routines, and my aunt and uncle have a brand-new un-used bowflex they bought and just never got around to using, so maybe this weekend I'll clean it up and use it a bit :o Need to find a way to get cardio in.... I do have the Kinect with zumba, sooo that might be the way to go :D

Also, I'm doing terrible this week with water. drank 3 cups yesterday and 3 the day before that. Have had terrible headaches for the past couple days, so I'm going to see if drinking the right amount of water today stops the headaches. x.x I sure hope it does.

Take care ladies!!!!!!!!!!:grouphug:

thewalrus0
02-07-2014, 04:27 PM
Hey everyone!

I didn't weigh in today cause I had some beer yesterday but I still think I'm officially 235.

I'm super nervous cause this cute guy is coming over today and I can't concentrate on my homework!

Anyways, midterms feel like they're creeping up pretty fast and I kind of just want it to be spring break already. :P

lalaes
02-07-2014, 05:38 PM
thewalrus0 Congrats on getting to the 60lbs lost and whollyhick for getting to the 220s!

It's so good to see everyone trying and doing well. :hug:

I'm feeling like Debby Downer at the moment. My TOM is coming and it seems the week before is always horrible for everything, so I'm feeling kind of blah at the moment.

Good luck and keep going Ladies!

Daimere
02-07-2014, 05:53 PM
I went over my calories by 400. I woke up and I'm pretty sure that I have strep. But I have to go to work tonight. I guess I won't be going to water fitness tomorrow. I did force myself to do 10 minutes of hooping before bed. I just didn't feel like it with my throat. When I woke up, I weighed in at 213.6. Who knows if it will stay that low?

MarliQQ
02-07-2014, 09:47 PM
Hi Twins!:wave::wave:

I had a pretty good day, I was very satisfied with my workout and I was under my calories by quite a bit, unintentionally, even with :drool: oreo cookies :drool: Got some goodies from the amish at the Reading Terminal (like a farmer's market) today. I haven't had anything from them for over a month now, and I just love their treats. Pies, cakes, pastries, mmmmmm :dizzy:. Last time I got some huge raisin cinnamon buns, this time, I got some apple dumplings :hun:--hey, it is part fruit--don't judge me :p. Used :dust: and will be saving these treats for a later time--pretty sure they will have to be ate in portions. I can't imagine how many calories would be in one....

Daimere That would suck to be sick on your week off. Even if you end up being sick though, I would suggest that you plan an uber "Bed Fest". I would get some movies, temporary Netflix subscription, and Hulu too for tv shows. I would watch every movie and season of every show I missed or never had time for. Buy some good jammies, socks and slippers, the more goofy and girly looking sets are my choice. Need something to make you smile when you are miserable. Then plan for the treats you will have during your hibernation, stuff them in your pillow and under the bed, I call them "surprise snacks"--"oh I forgot I grabbed these!". Throw in your drugs of choice, some "aah soda"--Seagrams ginger ale for me, music for all your expected moods (better work on those playlists), and you will be fine. Oh and for me, I would not be without my laptop--you get the idea, :blah: over now.

SamanthaAngela At first I thought, I wish someone would give me a Bowflex, but then I thought what the **** would I do with it. That brand always has pretty intimidating pieces of equipment, probably would go unused at my house too.

lalaes TOM is on it's way for me too, we both will be seeing how we fare...

paigeinabook
02-08-2014, 02:50 AM
This is LITERALLY like the Tall TWINS thread! :hug::hug: I love it! we probably have the same bad habits and little quirks too!! We're like the perfect group to do this together!!! :balloons: I'm like super extra ridiculously excited about it! (Surely you guys know the feeling I mean! Haha)

paigeinabook you're seriously like the closest thing I could ever find to a twin, and you're already taken by an ACTUAL twin! Wahhh! Hahaha. :P but really, I've only ever known one person who shared my birthday (besides Johnny Depp and Natalie Portman) so. I'm pretty enthralled! Haha

Today, was my official first day of work, orientations and things, so nothing that exciting... But I'm OFFICIALLY in the 220s!! I'm sure it'll fluctuate up and down, in and out of the 230/22? Mark, but still!! 229.4 yayyyy! :yay: :yay: :yay:

Hahahhaha you made my day with that. The funny thing is, we started at the same weight and I'm about ten pounds behind you right now! I see a connect happening here... :) good job on the 220s!! Pretty amazing stuff!
I know soooooo many people with our birthday. Namely, and most interestingly, twins. Of course we all four are best friends since 7th grade. Imagine my surprise to find out my new best friend not only shared my birthday but also had a twin as well??? Weirdest thing I've ever had happen to me coincidence-wise for sure.

paigeinabook
02-08-2014, 02:55 AM
And to the rest of you twinsies! Hello I'm not trying to ignore you...

I had a great day today. I was about 500 calories under my goal and I spent an hour on the elliptical (while having this site pulled up on my iPad...) and did intervals. I ended up burning close to 900 calories by the time I got off and I was even a little distracted !

I had to work tonight until 1 in the morning so I hate that I will have a weird sleep schedule tonight... But I gotta save that money for medifast!!

thewalrus0
02-08-2014, 09:16 PM
I'm doing super good but very tired.

I am still hovering around 235 but I don't mind. :)

whollyhick
02-08-2014, 09:39 PM
Hey guys! Didn't get a chance to read anything, so I'll do a more thorough check-in tomorrow! With some messages to you all!! :) <3

Days are going well so far, even night bingeing seems to be curbed (thank goodness for tea)

Next week the treadmill is going to become my BFF! There WILL be pictures as proof! I need some sort of accountability! You guys are gonna hold me to it, right!? ;) also. I've been watching Daimere's videos, and my hoop is about to be my BFF too!! So. Here's to a new good habit, or two!!

Tonight, my husband and I went to a nice little Italian restaurant, and ate in their wine cellar. I had two glasses of a white Zinfandel wine, cheesy garlic bread, and a delicious bowl of Pancetta/Zucchini pasta in a creamy garlic sauce. Followed by a piece of salted caramel vanilla crunch cake. Decadent. Absolutely delicious cake. Worth every wretched calorie! I totally indulged, and I don't regret a bite! (Not yet at least! Haha, I'm sure I might..)
But... Safe to say my calories are long long gone. But totally worth it. We haven't actually enjoyed a nice supper together for a while and I'm really happy we did tonight. Now I'm downing some Redd's strawberry ale. I foresee a good fun night in my future ;) hehe!

Anyway.. Being that I've been eating immaculately, in totally feeling this little bit of alcohol, so it's probable that my best interests do not lie on the Internet!

Much love gals! See...erm. Post you tomorrow! :) :grouphug:

MarliQQ
02-08-2014, 10:27 PM
Hi Hi Twinnies!!:hug:

So I had a great workout today, and felt like I really kicked some :kickbutt:. I am bumping up my cals back to early January standards, we will see how my body responds, it's only 150 cals....that shouldn't matter right :dizzy:?? Either way, it is going to happen, whether the scale likes it or not.
On another note, I have been compiling images that are meant to be inspirational to me to help with the motivation I need some days. I have begun creating an extensive slideshow, complete with quotes, body shapes I love, images of people who are impossibly fit, before and after shots, outfits I want at goal weight, etc., and you know what??--it works :)--especially when paired with amped up muuuzek. I test ran it today while working out, I hooked up my laptop to my tv, jumped on the tread, turned on my muuuzek, and it was great. I mean, I know people have made similar projects and you can find them all over the internet, but those were not made for me, mine is tailored to my likes and what I know to be inspirational to me, not cookie cutter by any means. What inspires you to lose weight, may not "do it" for me, eh, to each his own--or her in this case ;). Okay done :blah:.

paigeinabook Great Burn:carrot:!!! How long were you on the elliptical?

thewalrus0 That's how I sounded, I felt like I couldn't get out of 230's...funny thing is that I don't feel the same way about the 220's, I do feel this is temporary. At the end of the day, it still isn't Onderland, so we will always be complaining. But I do wonder, when we get there, will we complain too?? :dunno:

whollyhick Yum, Yum :T, Girl, I would have indulged too!! Sounds like you had a lot of fun, hope you got a nice buzz, cheers to feel good juice:hat:!!!

Daimere
02-09-2014, 03:30 AM
So since I am sick, i feel like I have the emptiest stomach ever. And I don't care. They say push fluids right? Then ice cream counts as a fluid. :p It's not strep the doctor said but a URI (about 10 men at work have uri's right now). I tried to sleep and sleep and sleep today.

whollyhick- that sounds awesome!

merilung
02-09-2014, 09:56 AM
Hi everyone! I'm joining in here. I'm 26, 5'10, and 227.4 pounds this morning!

Skittlez
02-09-2014, 12:02 PM
Welcome to the party merilung!

My brother-in-law has been visiting us this week, and he is going home today! I'm looking forward to everything getting back to normal. I don't mind people visiting but when it's time for them to leave I'm like yes finally I can get back to my real schedule. Tomorrow I am going to get up early before school and walk on my treadmill, make sure I start off the week right!

whollychick - I haven't ate breakfast yet and now I'm starving! That sounds so delicious. Hope you enjoyed every bite :)

thewalrus0
02-09-2014, 02:37 PM
Welcome Merilung!

I'm feeling ok, but I didn't weigh in today. I had a few extra calories last night but my appetite has been on and off this week for some reason.

I'm having a pretty interesting relationship with a new guy and I'm excited but have no idea where it's going to go. I figure I'll just see what happens. :)

Midterms are around the corner and I'm not freaking out just yet but am a little nervous, but then Spring Break! Yay!

whollyhick
02-09-2014, 09:07 PM
So my promise of a more thorough update, yeah no. Not gonna happen! We're almost too active of a thread for me to keep up as of late! (Not complaining, I swear! I'm glad everyone here is so wonderful and supportive <3

Anyway. Today wasn't so bad. But since MfP recalculated my calories because of my weight loss.... I just can't hit them! Like at all! It's making me crazy! So. As aforementioned. Treadmill accountability everywhere next week! (For me that is. I'm not bossy I swear!) gonna have to earn those extra calories and maybe therefore end up in a better place! I've decided my work meal planning is going to be making a double portion of whatever it is I plan to eat at work the night before, and packing it away so I can cook it up the next day! Hopefully that works well for me. This coming week, I'm probably going to be EXTRA active, because husband is on night shift, :(( essentially this means I spend the nights alone... :/ and see him MAYBE ten hours the entire week. Yep. I'm going to be a baby about it... That's one thing about this job that is the absolute PITS. Grr.

Well. See you gals tomorrow evening! Eat clean! I've made enough boooboos with my eating this weekend for ALL of us! O.o and if you find some fun exciting form of exercise, send it my way!

Love & Luck
Matraca :wave:

merilung
02-09-2014, 11:00 PM
Skittlez - I'm the same way - love it when guests visit AND when they leave! Way to go having a plan to start the week off right :cp:

thewalrus0 - What are you studying? I'm not in school right now, but my husband is finishing his undergrad this year and I'm already longing for summer. He has an honors thesis to write over spring break so we won't really get an actual break at that point, boo.

whollyhick - I would go CRAZY if my husband was gone all night! I totally empathize with missing your spouse - between work and school I feel like I never get to see my husband. Big hugs for you! :hug:

I've had a good on-plan day, with all clean food choices well within my calorie limit, a 60 minute yoga flow class, and a 4 mile dog walk. I'm busy with lots of appointments and errands tomorrow but I'm hoping I can squeeze a yoga class in somewhere! I really want to get back in the groove a bit before the Bikram's Biggest Loser challenge I joined starts up on the 15th.

MarliQQ
02-10-2014, 12:00 AM
Hi Twin Twins!! :love::love:

So today I weighed-in at an even 224, who knows if that will even stick. TOM is nipping at my heels :dizzy:--this explains my energy levels. I have had to pysch myself up more than usual lately. I read this interesting article on TOM and its effect on us, pretty good read---> Menstrual cycle dieting (http://www.optimizedwoman.com/womens-lifecoaching-article-dieting.html)
This would be more helpful, if my cycle was always predictable, and for like half of the year it is, the other half--not so much...
I was over my cals today--totally worth it. My tummy is happy :hun:. This means I can't do that for the next while though :).
My workout was killer today :wl:. The only thing is, I think this consistent dripping sweat everyday thing, is doing horrid things to my skin. I am the person who rarely if ever has pimples or break outs, but in these past few months things have been different, and the only thing that changed in my life was the addition of this weight loss journey. I have had to try all sorts of methods of "prevention". I hate what is going on...isn't this all supposed to result in clearer skin??

paigeinabook
02-10-2014, 07:26 PM
Twinnie twins!

This thread makes my whole day to read what you all have been up to during your days. :)

Welcome to you, Merilung! I'm brand new too so we shall navigate this crazy Gemini-clustered support thread together!

I had a great weekend y'all! I skipped pizza two nights in a row even though it was offered freely to me by both my parents and my best friend. I instead took out a lean cuisine from the freezer and ate it instead. :P I work a lotttt on the weekends (like 16-20 hours) so I don't have to so much during the school week so I only had time to work out on Friday (after class) and Sunday night. I haven't been over my calories yet since I joined MfP so I'm really happy with myself the last week.

Anybody need my fitness pal friends? I don't have any! Lol. My username is slightly different than the one I have here: paigeinabo0k

I hope you all have a GREAT week!!

Skittlez
02-10-2014, 08:53 PM
Well, I didn't eat the greatest today. BUT I did stay within the calorie range today and I did get on the treadmill for a bit. It's a start :D It's weird after eating terrible for awhile having to get used to your body feeling hungry. That sounds terrible, but when I'm not on my game I eat even when I'm not hungry just because it's time to eat. Damn food :-P

MarliQQ
02-10-2014, 09:39 PM
Hi Twins!:tired::tired:
TOM is hella early...but this explains my moods, going to tmi now :sssh:, so I beg your pardon, but this time it came with cramps. I rarely get cramps, so this sucks. Imagine going to your local DMV on your first full day of TOM, going early on a Monday, everybody is at work and school?, and BAM! you got lines, restless peoples, they hand you a number, wait in line :rolleyes:. That was my morning. You know the sterotyped woman on TOM, who is crying, angry, and just an annoyance to be around??....Well, that's me, just less crying and more angry. I think a lot of people I came across today, got what I like to characterize, as "decisive statements" and "the look" :smug:.
I still got a full workout in today, miraculously. I am also under my calories, miraculously. I even had soda today, haven't had any for two months, I usually only allow myself soda during TOM, fizz fizz fizz, a feel good :angel: for my feel bad :devil:.

Skittlez Can relate here, you worded it well. I think something new for me, is waking up hungry. I used to just wake up and feel...I guess satiated, understandably, because I was a midnight snacker :hun:. This allowed me to feel much better about skipping breakfast during the weekdays, however during the weekends, ate a big breakfast, well, like you said, because it was time ;).
Now, if I'm busy in the morning (which is like every weekday), I still will skip or delay breakfast, and more than likely I am eating a big lunch to balance it all out.

merilung
02-10-2014, 09:45 PM
MarliQQ - could it be hormonal acne? Losing weight releases hormones stored in fat. I definitely get more hormonal acne when I'm OP, but I know it'll all balance out once I'm maintaining at my goal weight.

paigeinabook - added you on MFP!

paigeinabook
02-11-2014, 12:25 PM
merilung I was looking for new friends and I realized that I have a 0 instead of an o form my second o in my MfP account. So it is paigeinabo0k rather than paigeinabook. Sorry about that!

merilung
02-11-2014, 01:58 PM
Haha, no worries! Added you just now :)

I'm down another pound to 224.4 this morning - can't wait to get back to my pre-holidays low weight of 218 and then on to bust out of the 200's!

SamanthaAngela
02-11-2014, 04:38 PM
Afternoon, twins!!

My my we are getting quite active here, aren't we?? That's awesome! So glad to see you all ^^. This last week and early into this week has been crazy. Family came to visit and all our diets went off the rails. I'm talking cheesecake for breakfast off the rails here, lol. It's been a nightmare to eat healthy, but I've done my best given the situation. Haven't weighted myself in almost a week and haven't really exercised either (except, I did some gardening yesterday and DAMN are my arms and legs sore. I had the leaf blower going and a weed whacker, so I'm guessing I burned a couple calories doing that, haha!)

Seriously going to try to get into yoga tonight. With my sore limbs and tight back it might be just what the doctor ordered. And while I would love to go for walks in this lovely south Florida weather, I'll try to just work in an indoor cardio routine tonight as well. Maybe. (gosh I'm so unmotivated today, lmao).

I use MFP religiously, but I don't know how to add friends on there through the mobile app, can any of you MFP users show me? Thanks a million!!!

Keep up the awesome work ladies!!!!!!

Teacher2B
02-11-2014, 08:20 PM
Hi! I'm joining in! 29 years old, 5'10 1/2 ", 245 pounds, trying to get to 187 at least. I re-started my diet yesterday, but I have already fallen off the wagon twice :( Today was complicated as I had to skip breakfast, since we had to hurry out of the house, so all my eating schedule was bonked, but I am going to get things back together tomorrow.:yes:

lalaes
02-11-2014, 09:42 PM
Hey ladies! Totally feeling everybody on the TOM situation. It just makes me feel awful and act worse:devil:.

Teacher2B Don't feel bad about falling off the wagon right away. It took me about a week to get to a more solid footing after restarting my diet.

I hope the rest of the week is great for everyone(myself included)!

MarliQQ
02-12-2014, 12:04 AM
Hello Twinzies :hug:

So I had an...:shrug: okay day?? I was able to workout and stay under cals, but with TOM here, I am so low energy:sp:. Today was an official weigh-in day and I weighed in at 224.4--merilung and I must have had our Oneder-Twin mojo activated or something :D.
Anyways, I keep notes for each official weigh-in, complete with information on any nsv's, exercise routines, calorie changes--basically anything I might find pertinent later on about the particular week that proceeded the weigh-in. So as I read through my notes, I realized that I have lost a total of 25lbs since Nov.26--less than 3 months--which should be a victory right? However, I found myself unable to muster any genuine excitement. I have been so focused on how much further I have to go, that I really have not taken time to acknowledge how far I have come. I find this disheartening, because I would like to be really excited, but my ungrateful mind is not communicating those emotions. Now, I am not posting all this to get a pat on the back, but instead illustrating, that maybe you--like me--have not taken the time to truly celebrate how far you have come. And we really should be much more proud of ourselves than we are. Onderland is a great goal, but I want to get there maintaining the best mental shape possible. I liken it to getting to goal weight, all cardio and no strength training--so I lost the weight, but now I'm mad because I'm "flabby". I feel just like that. I'm chugging along to Onderland, not particularly focused on enjoying the journey or the "small victories" but instead moving along, anticipating that 199 will be my savior--my happy--and knowing me, it won't be.
I guess what this really boils down to, is that I am afraid of getting discouraged, bored, or uninspired enough that suddenly I will give up. Now, more than likely, this will be unintentionally, because we almost always have good intentions, but nevertheless it's still a setback (whether temporary or not). A setback that could have been avoided, had I taken the time to nurture the happy moments, re-ignite my inspirations, and properly program my mind to accept this journey, as more than temporary or a means to get to a goal, but a new way of life. So yeah, my body is not the only thing that needs some "work" :rolleyes:.

merilung The hormone issue crossed my mind, and honestly I should have entertained it as more than a possibility, but of course I didn't. I will definitely be looking into it though. Honestly, I am hoping it is more of a simple matter....

Paisleymama
02-12-2014, 12:29 AM
Hi all, do you mind if I join? I'm 5'8 and 205lbs, hoping to make it into onederland by the end of the month!

merilung
02-12-2014, 12:05 PM
Welcome to the party Paisleymama!

:high: for activating our twin mojo MarliQQ! As you already know, 25 pounds in 3 months is awesomesauce. I totally relate to your feelings, though - I always had a hard time feeling like I've done something until I've lost over 50 pounds (which probably explains why I spent a lot of years losing and gaining 50 pounds). Do you have before and after pictures? I was seriously surprised by the HUGE difference the 25 pounds between 250-something and 220-something made in my appearance. Like, shocked when I saw the photos level surprised.

I think there's almost always some setbacks in a journey this long. In January of 2013 I was ALL SET to lose 120 pounds that year. Instead, I lost 50 pounds last year. But I lost 50 pounds and I quit smoking and I'm still at it, so I can't be all that bummed about not hitting my crazy goal! I've taken a maintenance break a few times when I started feeling overwhelmed and discouraged, and it helped to remind myself that as long as I'm not gaining weight, I'm winning. Whenever I felt more mentally/emotionally ready, I could pick up right where I left off!

A regular fitness routine also helps me to stay in the right mindset and see this as a forever thing. My yoga practice has been essential to getting my head on straight during this process.

SamanthaAngela
02-12-2014, 01:25 PM
When I first started this journey, I was always under the impression that the dieting would be the hard part, and exercising wouldn't be bad. Boy, was I wrong. I don't know what it is, but I just can't seem to get myself to exercise. And it's totally discouraging, because I weigh myself and think "wth?? I've been eating good, how come I'm not losing weight???" Well duh, because you aren't exercising. Been about a month now, and I've yet to do any real exercise-- how terrible is that?? x.x

I need some motivation, because it's not for lack of tools. I've got Zumba for Xbox Kinect, wii fit, plenty of walking grounds, a bowflex, numerous pilates, yoga, and even oxycize (yeah those are old lol) dvds. So someone please explain to me why my lazy butt wont doooo eeeeet.

Alright, enough complaining from me, haha. You ladies have a great day, and STAY FABULOUS!

merilung
02-12-2014, 01:36 PM
SamanthaAngela - have you considered a workout class? I WILL NOT workout at home for some reason (okay, I'll do 15-20 minutes on the treadmill here or there, but that's IT) even though I have a number of exercise videos, but I love going to yoga class or a dance class. I also walk through the park quite a bit since I have a sweet dog that needs outside time!

By the way, I'll be in Ft. Lauderdale/Miami in May! Any must-see/do things you recommend as a local?

SamanthaAngela
02-12-2014, 02:59 PM
I can't do any type of class because A) I don't have my own car with me down here, and B) I work 7:30-6:00 Monday through Friday, so I'm not sure where a class would fit in. :(

I'm actually not a local, lol I'm from Sullivan, Missouri :D But I've been working/staying with my aunt and uncle for about 5 months now. While you are in the Ft. Lauderdale area, you gotta hit ocean drive and Las Olas Boulevard. Las Olas is the ritzy part of town but it's awesome at night to walk up and down the street and check out the restaurants, clothing stores, and art galleries :D

MarliQQ
02-12-2014, 11:59 PM
Hello Twins. :coffee::coffee:

I was pretty busy today, but I think I did good. I played it smart and worked out earlier before I even left the house today, just in case I came home too tired--and I did. I had :jeno: today too and managed to stay under cals, thank god :D. TOM is here :sumo: and she wants yummies :).

merilung I have taken photos, and that has not helped. I think by about 50lbs I would see the difference definitely, but right now I just don't see enough to be excited by.

SamanthaAngela Maybe you need more of a social element when you workout? Seeing that you are away from home, maybe you can still get some motivation from home. I myself was able to keep a strong long distance relationship with one of my closest girlfriends--most days we would chat away for hours about any and everything. It got so bad, that sometimes we just both left our speakerphones on, so we would "watch tv together", or to simply just go about our day and still communicate with one another. Now you don't have to be as obsessive as we were :D, but maybe you can get a friend to motivate you for a half hour via the phone, sometimes a friendly voice is good to hear if you can't have the physical presence.

Paisleymama :welcome:!!:welcome:!!:welcome:!!

Paisleymama
02-13-2014, 12:50 AM
Thanks for the welcome! I hit 25lbs lost this morning, it feels like a small victory :) I need to find the motivation to work out though. I'm eating as cleanly and low cal as I can but I'm jiggly and I know I'll lose it faster and tone better if I could just get myself to MOVE.

thewalrus0
02-13-2014, 02:18 AM
Hi everyone, I'm just hovering around 235. :)

It got here pretty fast so I'm alright here for now. I'm excited to see the 220's!

My weekend was long and complicated and now I'm all stressed out. I'm a little behind in my homework so tomorrow I'm going to eat as good as I can and try to get back in the groove.

It's been rough this week but I'm ready to get back in the game.

merilung
02-13-2014, 12:03 PM
MarliQQ - bummer, lady! Everyone loses differently. Keep with it and you'll see your progress soon. Way to go staying under your calories even with pizza!

Paisleymama - CONGRATS on 25 pounds lost!!

thewalrus0 - you'll see the 220's before you know it!

I'm at 224 even today. I've been stuck losing 0.2 lbs a day - I know a loss is a loss and that's good, but this still kind of sucks!

MarliQQ
02-13-2014, 08:04 PM
Hello Twinz. :yawn::yawn:

I had a great workout today, I had a few NSV's with some of the varied plank exercises I do pretty much daily. So :yay:!! I also managed to stay under my cals, even had sweet potato pie, yum yum. And the scale gave me a 223.9 today, but knowing me...225 tomorrow :snooty:.

Paisleymama :cheer3:YAY!:cheer3: Our mini Twin 25 club!:crazy:

thewalrus0 We have half of a month left and there are wooshes to be had. :wizard:

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o180/Sworn2/wonder_twins3_zps4363861e.jpg

paigeinabook
02-13-2014, 09:17 PM
Hi twinzles!

I have rad everybody's updates the past couple of days (I have been snowed, literally, with work and homework so I haven't had time to be on here much) and I'm happy to see everybody's support for one another! Losing weight is hard and to the chick (tehe) that just restarted your weight loss (well there's two of you actually?) Good luck!! I'm proud of both of you for even beginning the stages toward getting into it!

Soooo what have I been up to.. well I have made it into the gym 3 times so far this week even though I've worked almost 20 hours and I have 16 hours of school. (I'm procrastinating on a history paper as I write this...) I like to stay on the elliptical for 60 minutes doing the interval program and then I sometimes lift a few weights but it depends on the day. Today, I did my elliptical time and then I got onto a stationary bike to watch Judge Judy lol. I also stretch my limbs for at LEAST 5 minutes after every workout. It refreshes my muscles so that my next day is not just miserable to handle. And I think, as tall women, it's especially important (if not annoying because who wants to reach all the way down toward their ankles to hold a position for 45 seconds?) for us to do it. Longer limbs = more maintenance, unfortunately.

In other newsss my mom and I just ordered our medifast packages and they should be arriving in the mail in a couple of days. You guys... I'M SO EXCITED! I've been working really hard the past two weeks to force myself to choose healthier options when eating out, staying under my cals for the day, and just generally eating smaller portions (along with a huge breakfast, that really helps you feel full throughout the day). I also have jumped the gun on the 'lean & green' part of the plan and have been pretty consistent with cooking lean meats (which I have recently begun frying in coconut oil omg delicious) and having handfuls of kale when I get home from school at night and before going to work.

I don't look forward to weighing in this week because my TOM is here (which in and of itself is very strange because I'm on birth control that pretty much halted that for a good 8 months until 2 months ago...) so I bet I will be heavier than I was last week. Grr nature.

I hope you all finish out your week strong and healthily as well as get some relaxation in!

merilung
02-15-2014, 09:51 AM
Way to go on the workouts, paigeinabook and MarliQQ!!

I'm up to 228 today after two bad days, hopefully mostly water weight. My bikram weight loss challenge starts today, so I'm nervous/excited to weigh in and start a 4+ times a week practice!

MarliQQ
02-15-2014, 09:00 PM
Hi Twinzies!!!:hug:

I hope you all had wonderful Valentine's celebrations :val1:!!
I was under my cals today and did work out, but this is about the funk I am in. I am beyond the point where I give myself much of a choice as to whether I forgo working out or not, but that doesn't mean that lately my motivation levels aren't prone to wane at times. I guess I am waiting for that moment when I am excited to workout, and it isn't happening. So I am going to look into some future workout routines that will make me excited to workout, since I don't see me ever becoming a gym rat :lifter:.

merilung How hard is Bikram??

paigeinabook WOW, I re-read that and it still seems like wrong. 8 months??!! Is that normal for some people to not have TOM that long? Oh, and keep us updated on how the medifast works ;).

merilung
02-15-2014, 09:21 PM
MarliQQ - Today it was hard beyond hard. I felt very, very sick and spent a lot of the class sitting down and trying not to puke. I was extremely tired afterwards and very disappointed with myself most of the day. I've committed to doing Bikram at least 4x's a week for 3 months, so I'll keep you updated! I will say that I did it 4-5 times in 2011 and it was not THIS hard then, even though I still found it very difficult. I suspect I was too dehydrated/sleep deprived going into the class, so I'm going to try and take better care of everything and hope my adjustment period is quick!

On the plus side, we had our measurements taken at the beginning of the day for the challenge and I've lost 10" off my waist in the last year!

MarliQQ
02-16-2014, 08:30 PM
Hello Twinnies!

I had a pretty good day, managed to stay under cals, and had a great workout :woops:. I feel like I really burned some cals. I have been thinking about taking a day off from exercising, but I keep feeling as if I allow that to happen the world is gonna end tomorrow when I step on the scale the next day :fr:.
Anywho, I learned through MFP that there is a site called The Hacker's Diet. Don't particularly care too much about the method, but it has been fun plugging in my weights and getting back data. It gives you that typical weight loss graph, but what I like is that it estimates your daily calorie deficit, averages your loss, and calculates a weight loss trend. So yeah, it puts the geek :book2: in your weight loss. I am going to stick with it, I want to know how accurate it can be, I find that the more data I log, the better output it gives.

merilung Congratulations on losing 10 INCHES!!!:woohoo:
And I asked about Bikram, because it looks hard, lol, I bet you will get better the second time around. You know our bodies, initially, they feign shock with new routines, but get into the swing of things fairly quickly just after.

Paisleymama
02-16-2014, 11:48 PM
The weekend was appalling. Spending today flushing out the sodium and getting in a lot of greens! Weighing in on Wednesday, hoping to be a smidge away from onederland.

thewalrus0 - Wow, 61lbs, thats awesome!
merilung - I hope you're feeling better today & see a big loss soon! I weigh once/twice a week because I can't stand looking at the little fluctuations.
MarliQQ - Oh pumpkin pie, delish! Great job with the workouts. Stick with them as much as you can, I slipped up after a great run and I'm still struggling to get back into the routine. I'll also check out the site, I find I do better with more accountability and knowledge

paigeinabook
02-17-2014, 02:53 PM
MarliQQ I am on a birth control called nexplanon that has different affects for every girl that is on it but for me, I didn't have a period from the end of March until Christmas last year. And then I skipped another month and here it is again...... :devil:

I also don't know too much about weight gain and nexplanon but I honestly don't think it has caused me to gain any weight. It's a birth control implant that lasts for 3 years and it is incredibly convenient and for me, I know I could not do any other form of birth control because I have a significant heart problem that when my hormones are affected by birth control, causes me to have TIAs (transient ischemic attacks, or miniature-like strokes).

I'm doing super well right now, I lost a pound after last week even though I ate out 3 times this past weekend (I overcompensated by going to the gym both Sat and Sun though). And my medifast shipments are coming in on Tuesday so I should be starting on Wednesday (although it makes me sad I have to forgo my workouts for a couple of weeks...)

I hope that everyone has an AMAZING week!!:hug:

MarliQQ
02-17-2014, 08:14 PM
Hey Twinnie Twins! :hug:

So I saw 223.7 on the scale today, kind of getting impatient and would like to stick with 223. I mean at this point, I would like to see any movement on the scale, even if it is only a .1 difference, just no more 224 :dizzy:.
I worked out today, even though it was accompanied by some feet dragging. I also was over my calories today, miniscule amount, but it's still over. You know what the funny thing is? When I first started counting calories, or I should say restricting, it seemed like I would always be hungry. Now I find myself much easily able to work my meals into a plan, and actually be satisfied--and full! Now I feel like what I was eating before was pure gluttony :sumo:. I mean I could "put away" some food if it was good enough :lol:.

Paisleymama Me and sodium are real close ;). We shouldn't be, but we are. I go over my daily allotted sodium level pretty regularly according to MFP, and not because I'm adding a lot of salt--or really any at all most days. I just tend to eat a lot of processed foods, and honestly it is not something I feel like tackling :sssh:.

paigeinabook I envy you ;). News Flash--since I first got a TOM, it has never given me a month off. I need me some "magic" birth control too, TOM and I talked about it, we would both like some time apart, but he said it would require me to be preggo, and I was like :nono:, and then he told me my other choice--Menopause--so I told him to :kickcan: rocks...Needless to say, he said I'll still see you in 2 weeks.

Paisleymama
02-17-2014, 11:15 PM
OMG I'm 0.6 lbs away from Onederland as of this morning. I'm going to be super good until the end of the week :D
I'm waaaay under on my salt but on par, sometimes over a smidge on sugar, even if it's from fruit and whatnot. I would be guilty of eating processed foods if they were readily available here but they aren't so I've had to work really hard on prepping meals for the week that are relatively fresh and clean. What's your MFP username, MarliQQ?

Teacher2B
02-18-2014, 02:14 PM
Didn't have a good start of my diet, and I think I have actually gained a bit of weight :( Week was a bit hectic and stressful, but it seems I will be able to get on track, finally. Won't be able to start the gym until March, though, as we are extremely short in money due to unexpected circumstances. However, I noticed that there are quite a few people running or walking at 8 am, when my husband leaves for work, so I think I will do some walking until I can afford the gym.

thewalrus0
02-18-2014, 04:10 PM
Hi everyone!

I've been having such a crazy week!

I haven't lost but I haven't gained either, and that's fine because I didn't expect to get to 235lbs so quickly this month anyways.

With midterms and papers and tests around the corner I'm kind of freaking out but I think once spring break hits I'll actually have a chance to breathe. :)

I'm sick too. :(

I'm also having kind of a hard time lately with living at my parents. I love them and they love me but I can hardly have friends over or do anything and our schedules are always so different.

I would love to have my own place but that's just one more expense and I'm barely paying for anything right now, just college.

whollyhick
02-19-2014, 10:06 AM
Hey gals!

I'm sorry I've been so very MIA lately, new job is craziness, and I've slipped up a couple times... But I have to push on!

Here's my problem. The (explitive) scale is not on my side at ALL, and I don't feel an ounce smaller... Basically, I'm worse than at a standstill, I've gained some. And I'm having a lot of trouble not beating myself up over it. :(

The terrible weather in this state isn't helping my motivation at all. I don't know what to do with myself...

So on that note, if you'd be so kind as to explain to me why I'm doing this again... Because I feel like a failure... know I'd appreciate it. I need a push. :(

paigeinabook
02-19-2014, 01:12 PM
whollyhick just remember that this journey toward weight loss is an incredibly rewarding experience which unfortunately brings with it the opposite of that rewarding feeling.... failure. But you WILL get through this mid-February slump you are in. Jobs are such interesting lifestyle changes and you just have to work to get your path toward healthfulness in line with our job habits. You can do it!!
Teacher2b I wouldn't have any money to afford a gym if I weren't spending so much on my school already (fees go into tuition payments). But walking is a great start! Even just 30 minutes a day is better than no minutes a day. :D

As for me, I am sitting at Day 1 of Medifast-Take Shape for Life and I am already predicting having a tough time with getting through the next few days. It helps knowing I will have *real* food tonight but I am just soo0o0ooo tired. Then again, I made myself wake up at 8 to start my meals after having worked until 3am this morning. I need to get a handle on my sleep schedule but it is so tough when I go to school all day long and only have time to work into the early hours of the morning...

Paisleymama
02-19-2014, 11:37 PM
Not weighing in for the rest of the week. Will check back in on Tuesday

whollyhick - I've fallen off the wagon and had to really push myself to get back on, especially over the holidays. Keep checking in here, prepare your meals in advance and before too long, it will be a habit again. You can do it! You've already lost 10lbs, you can do it again :) You're doing this for YOU. We're very close in weight and height. I can tell you that I hated being 28lbs heavier than I am now. I can feel the difference even if it isn't so visibly apparent. I'm almost out of the obese category now, it killed me to see that ticker enter that zone when I weighed in. It was then that I realized what I've been doing to my body and it wasn't ok.
Teacher2B Walking is a great start! I never go to the gym but I do DVDs, move around as much as possible and have a bike. I will go later to tone once I'm closer to my goal weight.
thewalrus0 I hope you feel better soon and the stressful times pass
paigeinabook The first few days of any change for me are the hardest. I hope the adjustment doesn't last too long and you get some rest

paigeinabook
02-20-2014, 12:53 PM
paileymama thanks for the encouragement!! :hug:

So far I'm in the second day and yesterday I had a headache that stayed with me the whole day but I finally took some medicine for it around 8 pm so when I went to work later on I felt I much better. Today is much easier than yesterday so far but I also slept a lot more :dizzy:

SamanthaAngela
02-20-2014, 03:08 PM
Hello lovelies!! Sorry I'm been so scarce lately... I'd like to say I have a good excuse, but "lazy" sums it up pretty good... Oy. Been sitting at 230 for a week now, I'm thinking because I haven't really been exercising regularly. I plan on doing a nice workout tonight though, and continuing on from there. Still eating fairly healthy and drinking plenty of water though, so that's good!

I plan on hitting my goal of being under 200 by August 7th (my birthday) and I feel that I still have time to hit it if I get my butt in gear!

What exercises do you ladies recommend for burning fat? any personal favorites?? :D

MarliQQ
02-20-2014, 09:25 PM
Hello Twinsies!! :hug:

I have been bad bad for the last two days. I did not work out either days, and actually was over my cals--don't ask. I did fix that today, managed to stay under cals, but did not do a full hour workout. But that is ok, because I almost did neither. Lesson to self though, once you stop the momentum, it is hard to get it started again, especially when you are a known uber procrastinator or as I like to put it, moonlight as a slacker :bubbles:.
So yeah, I am going to leave it here, because I am quite disappointed with moi....

SamanthaAngela I don't know if these do any fat burning but they kill me: burpees, squats, star jumps, plank jacks, rotating knee planks suck too, **** all plank exercises do, I am not so much a master at holding up my body weight for very long, so doing stuff while holding your body weight up sucks. If you can't straight arm the plank, elbow planks are fine for now.

paigeinabook Glad I am beyond having a schedule like that now. Good luck ;) --Hey but make sure you work out the sleep thing, because I remember going days skimping on sleep, and it catches up with you real soon, even though you feel like are invincible now.

Paisleymama Yup, Marliqq. Same.

merilung
02-21-2014, 09:12 AM
Hello Twinsies!! :hug:

I have been bad bad for the last two days. I did not work out either days, and actually was over my cals--don't ask. I did fix that today, managed to stay under cals, but did not do a full hour workout. But that is ok, because I almost did neither.

I've had a bad few days too - WAY WAY over my cals and put on a ton of (hopefully) water weight. Let's get back on track together! :hug:

MarliQQ
02-21-2014, 11:28 PM
Hello Twins. :):)

I weighed in at...223.3? I think, don't feel like looking. I was over my cals today. I know I said I was gonna try to do better, but :jeno:. I did a full workout today though and feel like I am getting back into the swing of things. My weight has been the same, give or take a few pounds, for almost a full month :rolleyes:. Instead of doing what I usually do when I plateau, try and change stuff, I am going to keep doing what I always have been doing. I feel like I am still in the testing phase of my journey, so I am trying to test the limits of my caloric intake and workout amounts, because really I am always looking to the future. I don't want to make any changes that I am not prepared to do in maintenance.
Anyways, I saw my dad the other day, and he says he wants us to take a family picture this summer :dizzy:. This is like the second or third time he has brought this up, so yeah, he is serious. He even has an idea of what he wants his girl's to wear, so yeah, if you knew my dad, you would know he was real serious. So I have an even bigger reason that I need to lose the bulk of this weight by summer. They will not be distributing a fat pic of me throughout the family, only to have that same pic haunt me later :eek:.

merilung :lol: Yeah, I need that kind of rah rah :D. And yes it is water weight, unless everyday the "cals over" was equivalent to a box of pizza ;).

paigeinabook
02-22-2014, 07:49 PM
MarliQQ I think it is really important that you feel like that as far as maintenance goes. Once you hit your goal weight and your routine changes from weight loss to maintenance, the hardest thing is to maintain. I think it is good you are thinking about that for right now. I would maybe change up your workouts if you've found yourself in a plateau? I have a lot of friends who are encouraging me to take up Zumba, which would definitely be a change up from my workouts now.

After 4 days on my medifast diet, I'm finally starting to not feel hungry - after today. Today (day 4) I was so hungry most of the day and I couldn't stand it. But I know that soon I will be out of the worst of the diet and it will just be autopilot from then on. I tried having my lean and green meal yesterday in the afternoon instead of at night and I think that really curbed my hunger for most of the day. I thought that having the lean and green at night would be better but I may be wrong.... Still working all the kinks out. I feel really good about this diet! My support coach is so wonderful and helpful and encouraging that it makes me look forward to having her on my side. :)

MarliQQ
02-22-2014, 10:04 PM
Hello Twins. :):)

I managed to stay under cals, :chin: yeah...almost didn't happen, but I pulled it off. What has been motivation is my recent weight loss stall. I am trying to be super good so I can see what the heck is going on, because recently, my weight has been "decimal creeping" downwards, and I've never seen that before. So this is curiosity--and yeah I know curiosity killed the cat, and that I might be the cat. So hold the condolences for when that scale bounces back up like a full pound..................:rolleyes:.

On the plus side, this is a small NSV, but nevertheless it is one--warning this is kinda tmi, but on a forum where we regularly announce the presence of our TOM....well, I feel comfortable--maybe too comfortable :dizzy:. Anyways after my shower today I grabbed one of my towels, wrapped it around me, and proceeded to my room. Walked by my mirror and it occurred to me that the towel I had on was actually covering stuff, :lol:. I mean, this is not usually a towel I grab because I know that it hasn't in the past. So now that it covers stuff, yeah...good moment.

paigeinabook I have been mulling over making changes--but not necessarily to my workout plan, because that doesn't stay the same for very long anyways. The only thing that I would say that is a mainstay in my routine is the treadmill, I do 40min 6 days a week and 1hr for the remaining day. But the treading 6 days a week is always in addition to whatever program I am on--which changes or varies in intensity like every 2 weeks. So I don't think the workout becoming stagnant is the problem. I think my body is just freaked by my cal changes. That is why I am not touching anything. I am just at a point where I want to wait and see, but that doesn't mean I'm not gonna complain along the way :spin:.
Anywho, what does a medifast meal usually consist of, just out of curiousity??

paigeinabook
02-23-2014, 10:38 AM
Medifast meals are portioned in such a way that if you are on the 5 & 1 plan, you eat 5 medifast meals a day and your sixth meal is what is called a 'lean and green' meal. The 5 medifast meals are small and usually eaten about every 2 and a half to 3 hours a day - they are meal replacements such as shakes, bars, soups, soft bake cookies, Mac n cheese, soy crisps, cereal, oatmeal and more. The lean and green meal is your 'I get to eat real food meal.' I like to have chicken salads for right now, and fish. But I'm sure I'll be changing it up as I'm gonna be on this program for 3 - 4 months. (Medifast recommends 12 weeks at least). I have a medifast coach who lives in Oregon and is super awesome to talk to. She holds me accountable for my weight loss and in the first 4 days, we talked every single day - sometimes for half an hour! (But I'm just a talkative person). We talked on the phone before we started, twice. To talk about my goals and where I wanted to be at the end of my weight loss. Its been a very tough path the last week to get started on this - hunger is a real, physiological burden as well as quiiiite an emotional one. But I knew what I was getting into with this. My parents did it while I was in high school and running track and they collectively lost over 50 lbs their first month doing it. My dad lost 32 lbs while my mom almost lost twenty. My mom is doing this with me again, after having gained all the weight she lost on it back and then some, but the program is much different now, 5 or 6 years later. There is much more accountability and it is pretty awesome. It's different than Jenny Craig, nutrisystem, herbalife, those programs because the nutritional value is set that I get 100% of my DV nutrition in as long as I have the 5 medifast meals. It can be tricky getting all five in a day though so you have to work at it.
Thanks for the question, MarliQQ!!

MarliQQ
02-23-2014, 07:24 PM
Hello Twinnies! :cool::cool:

So I did good day despite my headache. I almost didn't workout because the headache was just plain bothersome :headache:, but I made myself workout anyway, resolving to stop if it only got worse. So I almost gave up like 5 min into the first part of my routine, but I pushed on--and guess what?--no headache by the end of the workout. Yay Me! :dizzy: Who says I don't have determination?? .........Actually I did......but that was before today :p.
I also managed to stay under my cals, and saw some movement on the scale, but I am reserving judgement on that until tomorrow :ziplip:.

paigeinabook Those are some great losses your parents experienced in a month! Why did your mom stop the program? If it's personal, no worries, I am just always so curious as to why people regain. Trying to avoid the pitfalls and all ;).

MarliQQ
02-24-2014, 08:01 PM
Hello Twins. :hug:

So despite my...not so happy mood, for lack of a better word, hate to use the d word. I pulled off a great workout and stayed under my cals, even though I felt like I pigged :hun:. That is great when that happens.I saw my weight move a little today as well, so I am sitting at 221.5, which is like a pound off from my goal for the 26th, not sure if I am gonna make it. I would be highly surprised if I do.
On another note, I have found that my weight loss journey is inspiring others :). I mean, you want people to start to think about their health and fitness, but it feels good to be the :flame: that lit the fire :lol:. I know it sounds like I'm full of myself, but in my journey, outside of 3FC and MFP, I have like no support. So even though I have felt alone in this, the fact that people are taking notice of me and my changes really is a testament to the idea that our mindset does not always translate to our surroundings :chin:.
So all that to say, keep being the best you :), you never know who's watching.

MarliQQ
02-25-2014, 08:30 PM
Hello Twintys! :dizzy::dizzy:

So today is official weigh-in day, and still a pound off from my goal :(. So I guess I shouldn't be too sad, I mean a pound is not much to wait for--I just would have liked to make my deadline, and I don't think I will. Tomorrow will be that deadline, and apparently I don't care as much as I would like to think, because I had McDonald's today, and you know that sodium is gonna :boxing:. I remained under my cals, but still......:mcd:.
I did workout today, despite the fact that I was dragging mentally, so that is a good thing as always.
Now here is my sorta tmi session, I was staring in the mirror today and I realized that I may be losing weight, but I definitely don't agree with how it is coming off. I carry most of my weight around my middle, so you can imagine my stomach and I don't have the best relationship. But it is like she is refusing to go, like she is demanding that everyone but her goes. I so resent her :rolleyes:. And on top of that I am worried about how much excess skin is going to be left over :rolleyes: :rolleyes:. I''m not trying to have that, so strength training is going to have to be super bumped up, because :snooty:.

paigeinabook
02-26-2014, 01:04 AM
I'll jump in here and join ya, MarliQQ! Oh and to answer your question, I honestly don't know why they stopped.... I was a junior in high school at the time and so far removed from what was going on with them personally (our relationships were way more parental and not as open as they are now). I think that once one of them fell off the medifast wagon, the other followed suit quickly and because they missed food so much, they went crazy with cravings and unfortunately gained more than they lost back. But I'm speculating on that here... I know my mom is in a place now where she is ready to really get healthy and I want to help motivate her as much as I can since I'm still living here for my last year of school. :cheer2::cheer2:

Sooo tomorrow is my official weigh in day after the first week of medifast, I'm so excited! I've stuck to the plan 100% and I'm confident I will see results. Also, the pants I just bought that fit so snugly on me when I bought them are super loose. I kept having to pull them up at school today. They are mostly getting baggy in the thigh area although I don't have to unbutton them to pull them off soooo definitely progress here. :carrot:

Medifast so far has been a weird process for me. The first day I was basically cold turkeying off caffeine which was awful and then from days 2-4 I was trying to figure out the best routine for my meals. I'm so dedicated to this diet. Even when all my coworkers and friends at school stop to have fast food or have junk food. I'm noticing that I'm actually not that hungry. I eat so often that it's hard for me to actually feel deprived of food. That's not to say that I had a hard time with cravings and irritability at the beginning of the week. But definitely by the 6th day, it's tapered down. I truly feel like the worst is behind me. I'm just excited to get some workouts in again!!
(Tmi-time: the worst part about this diet is my awfulllll breath. I hate it. Does it go away? I don't like this part at all).

Anyways ladies -- I hope you all are having a great week! I'm off to bed as I have work at 6 am (even though I just got off an hour ago, at midnight.... :yawn:)

paigeinabook
02-26-2014, 10:32 AM
LADIES! I'm so excited that I wanna shout from the rooftops but no one really cares soooo I will shout it here:

I LOST FIVE POUNDS THIS WEEK!!:dance::dance::dance::dance:

I wasn't sure that I would have that much of a loss on MF the first week but I did!! I'm so happy today. I feel so validated in how hard this past week was for me.

thewalrus0
02-26-2014, 05:39 PM
Hi everyone!

Times are still stressful and last week I got almost NO sleep. Lol, well that's an exaggeration but I got much less sleep than I'm used to.

I was eating like crap and got up to 237 but now I'm back at 235. I'm okay with that but now I've got my sights set on the 220's.

:)

I'm gonna crush the 220's.

MarliQQ
02-26-2014, 10:06 PM
Hi Hi Twinnies! :hug:

I had a pretty great day today, I glimpsed the 2 teens!! :woohoo:
I weighed-in at 219.8!--and remember, I had McDonalds yesterday, but apparently it did not prevent me from reaching my goal, ensuring that my ten pound a month trend is still active!
Tomorrow I plan on taking a day off from working out, I will allow myself that. Not so much because of today, but because a new phase of my workout is supposed to begin tomorrow, so I figured I'd let myself heal some before....well death.

paigeinabook Congratulations on the 5 pounds!! :flow2: :flow2:
I know you are excited! How long do you plan on doing Medifast? And hey regarding the breath issue, have you ever considered baking soda? I use that to brush my tongue every once in a while, which does a great job for clearing up oral issues. Actually once a week, I make a baking soda and lemon paste to brush my teeth with--a great whitener.

thewalrus0 The 230's were also hard for me, and specifically 235. I plateaued there for weeks, and got so frustrated and disheartened, because I felt like all my hard work was for naught. So I know you can do it!! :hug:
And I hope you do get some sleep :sp:, because that can affect your weight loss as well.

thewalrus0
02-27-2014, 02:42 PM
Well I'm back under 235!

I really think with all the changes in my life my sleep was very much affected. When I don't get enough sleep I just eat and eat.

I am very happy to be back on the low end of the 230's and I'm really looking forward to the 220's. :)

I hope everyone is doing well!

whollyhick
03-01-2014, 05:35 PM
Hi girls!

I've noticed how much I suck at being here. :( new job still giving me trouble learning to have a routine, rental car because Javier and I got into a little wreck. And I'm just sortof unhappy and I don't know why!
:( I can't figure myself out. I have lost all motivation. I still eat well, or, better than most, but something is causing me to want to binge, and it's really irritating! :mad: I just want to get these freaking goals under control!

Although. At work. A girl who I share an office with, is also on a weightloss crusade, and we decided we want to work together and annihilate 20 pounds by Easter. So, if anyone out there has the gumtion to hoin me, or more, drag me to potentially hitting said goal., that'd be great. :run:

Keep me updated, gals, I'm crappy at MFP lately too, and I don't even check my Facebook or update my twitter like I used to, so, idk what to do with me. I'm having a shitfit in my life, apparently... Blah

thewalrus0
03-02-2014, 02:59 PM
Don't worry about it Whollychick, sometimes life holds us back.

I've been hovering between 233 and 237 for two weeks due to on and off bad eating and it's driving me insane!

The most important thing I learned for myself is to set up the right conditions. Stress, sleep, personal fulfillment...these are all things that tend to make or break me, particularly the sleep part.

For me I need a consistent sleep schedule and average stress levels to do well consistently. If I'm stressed for too long or go without sleep my chances of binging go up immensely. That's just something I've had to learn about myself.

People will put it all up to willpower and motivation but that's simply not true. Human beings are incredibly complex. Most of our thoughts and feelings and actions are driven by hormones which control our thought processes. If those are messed up it can make it almost impossible to do something your body is fighting you over. Hormones are affected by everything. Substances we put in our body, the food we eat, the amount of sleep we get, the amount of stress we're feeling, health conditions...

It's really very interesting and complicated. :) So when you're sitting there wondering what is pushing you to binge it could be any number of things and it's not your fault if you're feeling out of control. The best thing to do is start tweaking your conditions and try to find what's causing it. Then when you figure it out try to make it a priority to have the best conditions possible for yourself. It won't always be easy but it is worthwhile.

paigeinabook
03-03-2014, 01:43 PM
Hi ladies!!

Just checking in quickly between work, studying and class today. I hear you guys about the bingeing thing.... I have been really craving food a lot lately (I think it may be a combo of convenience plus a little bit of a lack of sleep).

I find that if I chug a crap ton of water when I get those thoughts and feelings (and stay away from the kitchen!!) I can overcome them. Every moment spent training your mind toward your end goal is better met later when you reach the scale. :)

Medifast is more or less routine to me now. I'm finding it hard to get all 6 of my meals in (they told me it would happen but I hardly could believe that in the beginning). The hardest part of the day is between the late AM hours and early afternoon hours. My body just seems hungriest at this time. I think I need to have my lean and green meal during this time frame than any other time because I don't want to deal with hunger pangs for another who-knows-how-many months.

I guess this time of year is super busy for everybody! I hope to see y'all checking in sometime this week!

Have a productive week!

MarliQQ
03-03-2014, 08:59 PM
Hello Twins! :hug:

So I have pretty much not worked out and gone over on my cals for the past 5 days, so yeah the one rest day turned into 5 :dizzy:. It was worth it, I pretty much maintained within 1 pound, so no harm done. Just felt like I needed that break before my new workout routine. And it is worth it, because I began the next phase today and it kicked my butt! I felt so weak today and I can't wait until it becomes quite a bit easier.

whollyhick I cannot tell you, what will work for you. I can tell you, however, what works for me. Keeping a diary, consistent posting on forums like this one, thinking about the anxiety I will have if I don't reach my mini goal in time, and--well--me. I actually hate catching a glimpse of my bpdy in the mirror at certain......angles. [TMI ALERT]!!!!!!!!! So what I do, is stand naked in front of the mirror and do a 360. It is not that I hate my body so very much, or am disgusted--I just find that it is a better reminder of what work is left to do.

thewalrus0 I know you can do it, and I'm not just saying that because it is a nice thing to say. We just have to get beyond feeling like it's an uphill battle :woops: from one decade to another. I am starting to truly believe that most of us are doing everything right, but it is the scale that tells us different. And we say the scale is a liar :devil:, but we still want to believe, so we get discouraged. I have come to understand that much better recently, because, honestly, for me I noticed that eating super well, exercising really hard, or changing routines, have a hit or miss ratio that is so random that it can be up to chance when it comes to the scale. We do not control the scale as much as we think we do. I just think if we continue with our healthy changes, the scale will follow....just not at the speed we want, unless we go to the extremes.

paigeinabook I am also dealing with some cravings, but mine's is because TOM is a week away and I get like that :o.

MarliQQ
03-04-2014, 09:51 PM
Hey Twinnies! :D:D

So I was under my cals and even took the time to try my hand at a recipe made primarily of chicken and couscous. I have suddenly become a couscous addict--:dizzy:--don't ask me why. I even completed a full workout today, and my gosh, with this new phase in my workout program I feel so weak! :lol:
Anyways I am boiling over with excitement, because for the first time, wonderland by my birthday is a real tangible goal :). And that, my twins, feels real damn good :cloud9:.

paigeinabook
03-05-2014, 12:18 PM
MarliQQ -- YOU ARE AWESOME! I am always so happy when I see that you are consistently under your cals for the day :) It's a great feeling staying on track!

When is your birthday? Is it June like the rest of us? (almost all of us anyways ha)
I know you can get to ONE-derland by then!! And losing 10 pounds a month is awesome!! ESP in February!!

I am just so excited today and I love where my weight loss is taking me. I lost another 4 pounds this week and I'm down a total of 15 pounds since I started my journey on January 12 of this year! I didn't think I would be this determined, but I have happily surprised myself. :)

sailor_em
03-05-2014, 01:17 PM
My twin sister turned me onto this site, so I thought I would come by to say hello. I'm Emily, paigeinabook's twin. I am 5'7" so I'm shorter than she is, but still tall. I am doing medifast with her, and am already seeing results. Within the last 2 weeks, I've lost 3 inches in my waist and 4 inches in my hips.

I'm also getting married in May, and I do want to look good in a wedding dress, of course. I started out at 200 pounds (heaviest I have ever been!), and am hoping to get down to about 160 or 155. Maybe this is the wrong place to post, but I just wanted to be around my sister… hope y'all don't mind.

MarliQQ
03-05-2014, 08:08 PM
Hey Twinzies! :cp::cp:

So the new phase in my workout program is still kicking my butt, I am just astonished at how weak I am with holding my own body weight in various positions. I know the reason I am so frustrated :mad: is because I can definitely recall a time when workouts like this weren't hard, and even remember specifically doing similar moves and just being winded--rather than feeling as if I am dying :tired:. On the plus side, I am noticing that my knees seem to be handling all the jumping, kneeling and lunges a lot better. I think at my weight you have to be careful with that--I like to imagine my knees screaming at me every time I jump or run :running: :fr:.

paigeinabook Yeah my birthday is June 24th, not a Gemini like most everybody--a Cancer. So I plan to be definitely in Onederland by that time.
And :cheer::woohoo::cheer:, great weight loss!!! That is the kind of excitement you need right now ;).

sailor_em :celebrate::wel3fc::celebrate:
Your sister said she had a twin :)!! Welcome, Welcome! This site and MFP honestly are the best support I have, except I can honestly say that I have not met any jerks here. 3FC keeps consistently reminding me that I have a goal, this is for me, and I'm not alone. I definitely suggest staying active if you need support--other than your twin of course ;). Congratulations on your weight loss :broc:.

MarliQQ
03-06-2014, 07:53 PM
Hello Twin Twins. :cool::cool:

Okay so I think I may be plateauing, but after February any previous patterns I had for weight loss have been erased :dunno:. So I am in a wait-and-see phase. I am just getting so impatient. I want Onderland now :tantrum:!
I was under my cals, had a slice of :jeno: too--I think I am slightly addicted to pizza by the way, or maybe just bread...I could not imagine a diet for myself that did not consist of either :(.
Today was a pure cardio day, so no I'm gonna die :tired: moments.

MarliQQ
03-08-2014, 07:12 PM
Hey Twinnies! :carrot::carrot:

So I had a pretty good day scale wise, my most recent new low 217.8 :carrot:. But it is my typical loss right before the start of TOM--and yes TOM is early. Funny how my weight loss has been contradicting the experience of other women. Usually the loss comes after. Me on the other hand, I get a small loss before and woosh more than a week after TOM. Weirdo...
Under cals today, yay me, was necessary, I did not work out today, hormones....don't ask....We will see if I can muster up some energy for tomorrow. It could also be that I was too pooped from the birthday party I went to last night. Party started at 9, I got there at 10 and left at 10:30....:p I wish that was the case :lol:

Paisleymama
03-10-2014, 12:42 AM
Hi All. Sorry for so many days absent! I broke into Onederland territory today but I feel jiggly and grosser than ever. I need to kick this into high gear, only 3 months until I had hoped to reach the highest end of normal BMI.

MarliQQ
03-11-2014, 08:11 PM
Hi Twins :censored: :censored:

I am so freaking annoyed by my weigh-ins, measurements, mentality, energy levels, motivation, :blah:
But maybe this was the :kickbutt: I needed....I am such a whiner sometimes, so I know my situation is not as bad as I make out to be, but I certainly could be doing better.
Worked out today and was under cals today--I even planned for my ice cream session minus crying, THANK GOD! Just deep intensive thought :chin:, because this weight loss thing is not the only thing in my life going awry :halfempty.

Paisleymama :congrat: So Happy For You! Glad someone has some good news :D. I cannot wait until I can claim wonderland as well. And I too also am finding that I am worrying about flab--but I am still at a point where I can't tell if it is all in my mind or an actual "thing" happening to me. I tend to exaggerate body related issues.

Paisleymama
03-11-2014, 11:45 PM
MarliQQ - I seriously didn't think it was going to happen. Because I feel so terrible I had convinced myself that I must have gained 10 pounds in two weeks. I've been lathering my skin with bio oil and willing myself to work out, but it hasn't happened yet. ((Big Hugs)) I hope things start looking up for you soon. I'm in one of those places at the moment, too. It can be very overwhelming and demotivating. One foot in front of the other, you'll get through this

thewalrus0
03-13-2014, 08:00 PM
Hi everyone!

Again, I've been gone for a few days longer than I would've liked, but I'm back and closer to 229 than ever!

I had a crazy weekend. A little too much drinking and eating so I was sure I was going to spend Spring Break just doing damage control but I got on the scale this morning and it was 232! I'm hoping over the next few days to get to 229 and then my goal for this month is to get to 225 so I can start next month with goals to be 219. :)

Moving forward like this is making me really happy. I knew a plateau would happen eventually but I had hoped it wouldn't be so scary. It's been pretty nerve wracking though. I've had a few days where I felt like I was surely slipping right back into old habits and that I'd be back to 300lbs in no time.

Now I don't feel that way and in fact am in pretty high spirits.

I hope everyone else is doing well, from what I've read today it looks good! :)

MarliQQ
03-14-2014, 11:14 PM
Hey Twinnies!! :hug:

So I have been doing well as far as staying on track and everything, I just have to keep reminding myself to pat myself on the back when I have done well :encore:. Like today, I honestly did not think I was gonna work out today--proved myself wrong ;). Yeah it was mostly driven by my fear of scale dissapointment-- but the fact is though, I did it :cp:. There also several times during the course of the day, where I turn down food or modify my serving to fit my needs. I have completely changed the way I view eating in these past months, and have done it in a way that I don't have to say NEVER to my favorite foods. I just truly think I would not have made it this far if I did :lol:--not at all with my inner Ms. :ink:gy.
So here is to every Twin that has made a change for herself no matter how imperfect we believe that we execute that change, because WE DID IT! :hat::hat::hat::hat:

Paisleymama :) I hope you remember to let me know how things turn out, because I hadn't really thought about what other changes to my body might occur in Wonderland--and about the bio oil too, quite certain I have heard of that too. Think it was through a review I watched or read sometime back.

thewalrus0 YOU CAN DO IT!!:carrot: We just have to give ourselves credit where credit is due, and I'm pretty sure you have a lot to give ;). And isn't that great when we expect the worst of the scale and he/she pops up and says--"I told you, I do what I want" :snooty:. Woe to those of us that attempt to control the scale :D.

Daimere
03-15-2014, 09:54 AM
I was sick for 3 weeks. And I couldn't get back into the groove when I am sick. So I got a box of nutrisystem to get me going and braved the scale. I'm at 221.5 currently. I am hoping to be under 220 by official weigh in day

MarliQQ
03-15-2014, 08:39 PM
Hi, Hi, Twins! ;) ;)

Feel gross right now, think it was the greasy french fries I ate, so I deserve this feeling :rolleyes:. On a lighter note--I am lighter :joker:. Wasn't funny?? Who cares?! :p Jumped on the scale today and was like yay--so glad I actually worked out yesterday. I like to feel like I deserve my losses, rather than "Wow, how'd that happen?". So I carried that success on, worked my butt off and despite my greasy fries, was under cals--greasy fries need love too :hug:.
On the downside, I am one pound away from having to recalculate my daily caloric intake, and because I am greedy :drool:...well, I 'm feeling...:snooty:. Hopefully it will be an unnoticeable amount, because I refuse to eat back my exercise calories :nono:--I mean--where they do that at??! :lol: I need to go to bed....

Daimere I was wondering where you went!! :hug: Send us a post card or something, dammit! :p I'm glad you are doing better, and that you are ready to get back to :kickbutt:. We can sooo do this D!!
:dust::dust::dust:

Daimere
03-15-2014, 09:23 PM
MarliQQ- Yeah 3 weeks of being sick. And then guilt after that. I just kept not getting back on plan. Finally I had a dream that I was 244 again and a resident made a comment that I wasn't losing weight anymore. So I was like gotta get back into the mode. I was 219 when I woke up. YAY

thewalrus0
03-16-2014, 12:10 AM
Hey everyone!

Looks like we're all doing pretty good!

I'm hanging right on the edge of 229 and I'm so ready to be in another bracket, I'll tell you what.

:)

Feeling good though. I really think my TOM was getting to me. Sometimes I remember the whole time "Oh it's probably TOM" but for some reason last week I just kept forgetting that it was probably the culprit behind my issues. :P Seems so obvious now but I was a little panicked.

SamanthaAngela
03-16-2014, 02:12 PM
Hi ladies!!! Miss me??

Update for y'all! I recently went out and bought a bunch of workout games, because the neighborhood I live in is just too dangerous to walk alone in.. been doing the exercizes for a week now and also just purchased some organic vitamin supplements to help with my engery levels. So far... IT'S AWESOME!!!!!!

I'm doing great, eating great, feeling great! And with any luck the scale will reflect that at my next weigh in... stil lbeen hovering at 230, so with all this added stuff I'm thinking it'll finally budge!!!

MarliQQ
03-17-2014, 05:27 PM
Hi, Hi Twinnies! :hug:

Wow! Look at everyone getting their butts back into gear. Hey SamanthaAngela! Yes I did miss you! I knew you would eventually be back! :lol: Working out with some games sounds fun, GL!

Daimere Well get back in the two-teen thread, a lot of us from 220-230 graduated! :p I miss your daily updates.

thewalrus0 I know. Been there :dizzy:. It gets hard like that during TOM. I think it is the hormones that makes our thinking fuzzy and prone to go out to buy a pepsi, snickers, ice cream, and donuts....oh, okay that last part is probably just me :sssh:.

I worked out today--:yay: for sweat! I am almost done with my current workout program, and I can just taste the end :). Or maybe I can't...only because I was considering doing an all veggie/fruit week right after. It did the body great when I did it last time. I need to decide quick, because there is no way I can choose the week before or of my TOM. I would be the grumpiest girl in the world :s:....

SamanthaAngela
03-18-2014, 11:43 AM
Ok, so I'm in love with these supplements. It's a been a day and I've already lost 2 lbs! I know that's pretty dang fast and not too terribly healthy, but considering I haven't budged in a month, I'll take it. The pills I'm taking are for bodybuilding beginners (which is what I'm doing) and one pill is for regulating the thyroid, one is a metabolizer, and the third is a multivitamin. All natural ingredients... hella expensive though ( 3 bottles was 130 dollars x.x) But they are giving me the energy to get through my daya nd tack on a 2-3 hour workout when I get home.. simply awesome!!

Daimere
03-18-2014, 12:26 PM
I made this last night:
http://www.kalynskitchen.com/2009/03/recipe-for-asian-lettuce-cups-or-wraps.html

I tried mashed cauliflower and YUM.

Ehhh, my weight keeps fluctuating lately. 220+/210+/220+/etc. I hope today will be better

SamanthaAngela
03-18-2014, 01:09 PM
Oh wow, that recipe looks amazing! I just ate lunch, but looking at that makes my mouth water, haha!

paigeinabook
03-18-2014, 03:10 PM
Hey ladies!!!

I haven't been around for about a week... sorry about that! I got a Bartholin cyst and was just out of it for a week. AND I got my TOM this past week on top of that as well and so weight-wise, I only lost about a pound and a half. Frustrating when I have been used to a 2+ lb weight loss the past 4 weeks. Oh well! I'll take any loss, especially during my TOM.:dust:

I read through everybody's posts and I am so excited to see all of the encouraging posts! It seems like whatever March slump there might have been at the beginning of this month is now being replaced with success! Love it!

Tomorrow is weigh in wednesday for me and I'm hoping for a 2 lb loss now that my lady problems have passed... :dizzy:

Hope you twins have a greattt rest of your week!

Daimere
03-19-2014, 08:24 AM
I made this tonight on top of the a bed of greens. I doubled it and then forgot to double the spices.
http://www.kalynskitchen.com/2008/03/spicy-sauteed-chickpeas-garbanzo-beans.html

I am still tracking on mfp even though I am on day 2 of SBD (no tracking needed). I don't know if I am completely out of the woods and into the teens. Officially I am 218.5. Today I will probably use this to make stuffed bell peppers. And I just made this:
http://www.food.com/recipe/south-beach-diets-mocha-ricotta-creme-phase-i-110938 (http://www.food.com/recipe/south-beach-diets-mocha-ricotta-creme-phase-i-110938)
It is a nice dessert. But don't make the mistake I did yesterday by confusing ricotta with feta (don't ask me how I did that).

SamanthaAngela
03-19-2014, 12:21 PM
So last night, I was resigned to drinking a protein shake for dinner when my aunt said she was taking my uncle and I out to dinner. Ended up eating a Caesar salad and BBQ Chicken (omg it was delicious and terrible XD). So, to make up for it I decided to break out the Zumba and did a full workout. Now, mind you all, I've never even made it through a short 20 minute Zumba workout without stopping. Last night I did the full extended workout (90 minutes) WITHOUT STOPPING. I've never sweat that much in my entire life, but god did it feel good! I am loving this new routine, I can't say it enough!!

thewalrus0
03-19-2014, 02:08 PM
Finally hit 229!

<3

I'm really glad to have broken the 220's.

Daimere
03-20-2014, 08:21 AM
Still under 220. ^_^

But my brother's birthday is next week and he chose....Olive Garden. Ugh. Talk about the worst place to be low carb ever. :(

SamanthaAngela
03-20-2014, 09:38 AM
You ladies are doing awesome!!! Keep up the great work!!

MarliQQ
03-20-2014, 08:33 PM
Hey Twinnies! :D :D

So I am crossing my fingers for a good weigh-in tomorrow, I sure need one:goodscale. I stayed under my cals and had a good workout, but some of me is still sore or was on the verge of cramping, so I know that I am going to be retaining some water--effectively masking my weight loss. However, looking at previous weight loss patterns, I should be seeing a new recent low within the next two days :lucky:. I need something good to happen right now, life is annoying me right now :stress:.

SamanthaAngela 90 minutes of Zumba! You were determined! :lol: Was the ceasar salad bad as well?? Now that I am more conscious about my food selections, I have found that some of my favorite restaurants make salads that are freakishly high in calories! I'm so confused by what they are doing in the kitchen--dropping a pound of melted butter on top??

Daimere Congrats on staying under 220! :yay:
And I need to put more effort in my dinners, you are making me feel bad :lol:.
This is for you, I love this nifty site, she keeps tabs on most chain restaurants for you: Hungry Girl - Olive Garden (http://www.hungry-girl.com/biteout/show/all-new-olive-garden-survival-guide)

paigeinabook I hope you feel better hun! :hug: You will get back on track, blame TOM--I always do :frypan:!

thewalrus0 You are moving right along! :cheer: Take the time to appreciate your progress :encore:.

Daimere
03-20-2014, 09:37 PM
Well I seemed to have missed one of my brother's birthday dinners (which would have been easier to eat than Olive Garden). But I'm still eating off some leftovers. The daily weigh in was a bit higher today. I hope it goes down. I've never really been on a low carb diet. So I am not sure if it's normal for it to go up/down/up/down like this. (i know i know fluctuating). I am pretty sure I am doing this right.

Paisleymama
03-21-2014, 05:45 AM
You're all doing wonderfully! Keep it up!
Still seeing the scale stay in onederland but not moving as fast as I would like.

SamanthaAngela
03-21-2014, 10:31 AM
MarliQQ I wish I could take the credit for the Zumba, lol. I originally thought it was a 60 minute workout, but I didn't know how to pause the game and check so I kept going, thinking, "IS IT EVER GOING TO END?!? DEAR GOD LET IT END!" lol And I'm sure the Caesar salad was killer, it was delicious. :D

MarliQQ
03-22-2014, 08:37 PM
Hey Twins. :) :)

So today I weighed-in and saw a new recent low--but I am not over the hills excited, because it's not my woosh :(. So I am hoping I get it within the next few days :crossed:. On the plus side however, I ended my workout program today:woohoo:and will be taking a "week off". Soooo, strictly cardio--and I will try not to feel guilty about it.

Paisleymama ooooooooo Wonderland!:hyper:! I can't wait to ditch Twoderville! If it makes you feel any better--you will be long gone before I get there, and you're skinnier than me.........:no:?? Well...I tried :p.

SamanthaAngela :lol: that worked for you??!!! I find that I workout better when I already know how many reps/sets are going to be done, otherwise if I am in a state of "when is this going to end" I do worse. Apparently we have different levels of perseverance :chin:.

MarliQQ
03-24-2014, 08:59 PM
Hi Hi Twins. ;) ;)

Yesterday I opted to take the day off, so I didn't work out. And today, my woosh!! But I stepped on the scale and for the first time I was not as excited by the loss, probably because it felt more like getting a previously expected gift two months after my birthday...
Yesterday, I also pinned down my next workout program, which will take me about two weeks to complete, so by mid June I should be done--right before my b-day.
NSV Alert :flame:: While I am not losing "enough" weight in every area that I would like, I am noticing really cool definition in my thighs that was not there before. Genetically speaking, I guess I shouldn't be surprised, the legs on most of my siblings tend to be crazily defined. Even at my highest weight, my calves looked defined and my thighs weren't real huge. My legs have never really been the problem that my midsection has been. I am a true apple girl.

SamanthaAngela
03-25-2014, 08:42 AM
Ack! Not working out has taken it's toll.. I've been pretty good eating wise but haven't worked out since last Thursday.. went from 227 to 228.5. Eek! Ok, I get it, I WILL exercise tonight, and tomorrow , and the next day XD

WILLPOWAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

paigeinabook
03-26-2014, 02:18 PM
Hi ladies!! I have been super absent all week.... we moved to a different house across town last weekend and it was a lottt of work so I hardly had time to make it to work, let alone sleep some days!

I read through everyone's posts and I'm so glad you all are seeing your scales moving. You ladies are doing such a good job.

SamanthaAngela I love taking supplements and vitamins to boost my energy! I usually just stick to green tea supplements (they boost your metabolism) but it sounds like you've got a great thing going there! And so happy too! Yay!
MarliQQ So wonderful to hear about your leg definition! Your workout regimes must really be getting you toned! I like reading all your updates. P.S. I do the same thing with the nude-mirror-360. It helps me in two ways: it's a reminder of how much work I have left to do, and it is also a celebration of how far I have come! I think it is a perfectly normal exercise :D

As for me, I started my 5K training last week after having a Bartholin Cyst (omg so m*therf-ing painful) for the week previously. I am down 5.5 pounds in only week after so much cardio activity! Who knew? So happy and elated today. :)

MarliQQ
03-28-2014, 07:42 PM
Hi Twins!! :bunny2: :bunny2:

I am fighting some low energy issues, I suspect that it may have to do with some temporary changes in my diet. I have been grabbing and eating a lot more "quick" eats. Generally staying under cals still, but it's the only thing I can blame at this point. I am edging down on the scale still, which is always a good thing :). And I am finding that my excitement for the start of my next workout program has waned some...enjoying my days off too much :beach:....plus I suspect that next week is going to be full of soreness :dizzy.

paigeinabook Yeah the 360 mirror view is a real motivator :lol:. And are you doing C25k or just training for a run??

SamanthaAngela
03-31-2014, 12:54 AM
Hello ladies ^^ Getting a quick post in before I drift off to dreamland. I am terrible at sticking to workouts consistently, but I've found these beach body dance workouts on youtube which are so freaking awesome :D I know for damn well i can't dance like the girls in the video, but just trying, and having fun gives you a **** of a workout without even realizing it. I lost 4 lbs my first week, barely did any working out the second week, and i managed to maintain my new weight of 227.. so if I can just get myself to do SOME workout each day, I know I'll continue to lose! My main goal is to be under 200 by the time the fall semester starts on Aug. 17. Which, is totally do-able if I just buckle down >< Gonna need lots of willpower this week!

MarliQQ
04-01-2014, 10:48 PM
Hey Twinnies!! :rain: :rain:

Today I weighed in at 209--holy two-naughts Batman!! :lol: If I can successfully make it into Onederland by the end of April!......:faint:...:angel:...:cloud9:. I am trying really hard to put a leash on my obvious excitement :hyper:--but it is hard! I say it needs to be leashed, because the new workout program has started and I have yet to see its effect on the scale for more than two days. I could be going into a "yoyo plateau" pretty soon, and during those times I need all the hoorah I can muster, so I can't use it all on today :no:.

SamanthaAngela I realized that you have not mentioned lately anything regarding settling in to Florida. Actually it sounds like you are doing really great in your new surroundings!

SamanthaAngela
04-02-2014, 10:27 AM
MarliQQ I've been in Florida for almost 8 months o.o not much settling left to do? XD Actually I need to start gearing up to prepare my trek back to the Midwest. My mother will be down on July 8th to visit and then road-trip back to Missouri with me.

Can't say I'm fully acclimated to Florida though! I was on job site yesterday for 5 hours and didn't realize the burn I was accumulating. Today I'm sore and red as a lobster x.x and my aunt keeps apologizing profusely, claiming it to be her fault (which, of course it's not, I'm just irresponsible like that haha).

SamanthaAngela
04-07-2014, 08:36 AM
So last week was an utter disaster. I got this mega sunburn on Monday that put me out of commission until Friday. It was so bad I couldn't move my arms-- my aunt took pity on me and let me stay home for the week instead of coming in to work (and she still paid me, bless her x.x).

Needless to say, while at home during the week I ended up getting my TOM (because the universe hates me) and spend the week in bed, trying not to move, and pitying myself with lots of candy... I know.. I know... ><

I guess the good news out of all of that is, even with TOM I'm only up one pound, and as long as I don't see a 230 on the scale I'm still happy lol. Also, despite the horrible tan lines, the sunburn did turn into a lovely tan. This week, however, I'm really going to be focused on getting things on track. Registration for Summer and Fall classes start tomorrow, and I've got to get my discipline in check so that I'm prepared for this upcoming year (a.k.a. ****). I'm back on my pills, will be doing AT LEAST 30 mins of yoga and 30 min of cardio per day, and I will NOT order food in for lunch this week (hello homemade sandwiches XD). Must find a place to hide the remainder of my chocolate, as well, seeing as that could throw me off track like nothing else, haha.

Good luck to you ladies, keep moving forward, and know that you can do this!! I know I'm proud of every single one of ya!!!

MonteCristo
04-07-2014, 01:21 PM
Is this group still accepting members? I'd love to join in.

I'm 28 years old, 5'6", SW 245, CW 245, GW 150-135 (Not really sure yet, never been that small since adulthood). Right now I'm counting calories and doing yoga, walking and light elliptical for workouts.

SamanthaAngela
04-07-2014, 03:46 PM
MonteCristo The more the merrier, hun!! Welcome :D

paigeinabook
04-08-2014, 04:02 PM
A big hello to you, MonteCristo !!

Hi ladies!! My past few weeks have been insane. We are gearing up for my twin sisters wedding next month, my semester ends at the end of this month and I have been working close to 40 hours each week.... This is the first week I only have 3 shifts as opposed to 9 shifts the past two weeks. I'm thankful for the spare time because I have needed it to write papers, study for exams, and to unpack and put my bedroom together finally since we moved a couple weeks ago.

I wanna share a photo with you guys if you don't mind. I'm very proud of myself and my progress. This is only after 6 weeks!!

I hope everyone is having a great start to April! I love this month and spring. :)

SamanthaAngela
04-09-2014, 09:40 AM
paigeinabook Holy cow girl!!! You look GREAT! I can't believe that's only a six-week progression photo :D Keep it up! I have classes starting up in a few weeks, so I can understand the stress and pressure you are under currently, and I commend you for your drive and optimism. I can only hope that once my Fall semester starts I will be as dedicated and focused as you. If you ever want/need someone to just chat with, hit me up!

To everyone else, I hope y'all are having a fabulous week!!! Tax season is coming to an end, and I hope everyone is getting big, fat return checks!! (Bring on the ice cream!..jk, jk) I'm down to 227-- the lowest so far, which isn't much, but hey, it's a step! And I only plan on losing from here on out.

Take care everyone!!

paigeinabook
04-09-2014, 11:58 AM
Thanks so much SamanthaAngela! I have been really determined to hit my goals. School is rough.... I wish I could take a semester off... but I just want to FINISH. All of the people I started school with are graduating this semester and I still have a year left and ugh I hate college sometimes.

SamanthaAngela
04-09-2014, 02:02 PM
Same here, sorta. I should have graduated in 2012, but I dropped out in 2010. So now I'm doubling up (basically taking 2 yrs worth of classes in one). So I'm starting my last year this fall, and it's gonna be CRAAAAAAAAZY. lol, but if I can do it, so can you!! :D:D:D

thewalrus0
04-15-2014, 02:01 PM
Hey everyone! I know I've been MIA but that's because I was plateaued for a week or two there and also finals are right around the corner so everything has been insane.

I've also been dating and it's been an adjustment.

On top of all these things it's also been time to look for summer employment.

Anyways, two amazing things happened. I broke my plateau and hit 70lbs lost, but I also have been consistently doing alternating days of strength training and interval training for about two weeks.

I've never been this consistent before with exercise and it's making me very happy. I'm definitely noticing that I feel much better.

My plan was always to start doing consistent exercise, but being that I started at nearly 300lbs I figured I could focus on getting to a lower weight first. The amazing thing is that at this lower weight I just have the energy to workout naturally. I want to workout, whereas before it was so physically draining that just the thought of it made me tired and it was hard to even get started. It's still physically hard, but not right away and once I'm going I just finish a whole workout.

Another non-scale victory is that I ran a whole minute without stopping, at the end of an interval training routine. If you don't know what interval training is, it's kind of like the first few days of Couch 2 5k, except the intention is not to run the entire time, it's to run hard for 30 seconds and then walk for 90 seconds to 2 minutes.

I'm not sure if I ever want to be a distance runner so interval training is a good in between. I like running but I don't want to overdo it and stress my joints.

Anyways, things are going pretty good over here. I'll admit that plateau around 230lbs scared me a bit. My first big goal is coming up at Onederland and I desperately want to reach it this summer before going back for Fall semester. I know it's not good to put time limits of weight loss but it's just so do-able and it'd be really motivating for me.

MarliQQ
04-18-2014, 05:19 PM
Hey Twinnies!! :dizzy::dizzy:

So I have had some NSV's these past few weeks and they have been great, and I am trying so hard to stay focused in spite of them :). Now you may wonder how can success make you lose focus??? For me, it does--I get this kind of evil man :devil: who says I can skip workouts and eat a bit more because I did "good". So far I have done really good about shutting him down, but he is still there and that sucks....Anywho, it took over 40lbs but people are really starting to give my weight loss recognition! And you know how hard that is for tall people. I even had someone look at me and say "You're losing weight?? Is that intentional?", I almost laughed at that one. And clothes are fitting much better!! And yeah, I am getting to the point that shopping for some new stuff will no longer be an option--but a necessity, because while I consider myself sort of tom-boyish--loose fitting clothing gets kind of ridiculous after a point...

thewalrus0 I know you are excited about breaking that plateau! I found it so much easier to get out of the 220's than the 230's. CONGRATS ON YOUR PROGRESS!!! :yay:

I still have to catch up on reading the rest of the posts. Just jumping on after a workout.....

thewalrus0
04-19-2014, 08:02 PM
Hey guys!

I am still hanging around 223 and 224 but I've been consistently exercising and I hit a non-scale goal of another pant size lost!

I'm fitting solidly in size 16s and I couldn't be happier!

I'm really trying to get to 199lbs but I'm finally feeling like my hard work is getting some results. :)

I hope you're all doing great. Finals are the week after next and things are gonna be a little crazy but I think we can all do it!

MarliQQ
04-22-2014, 01:03 PM
Hi, Hi, Twins!!! :hug:

I have been holding my breath for the last few days, for a sudden woosh--I have not had one all this month! I guess I should be happy though, because I am seeing numbers on the scale I have not seen in so long. How is that I lose more patience as I lose the weight? Shouldn't it be that I learn to trust my body and its ability to shed the pounds, therefore building more patience??? :dizzy:
Anywho, I am thinking of instituting a monthly fit test, just so I can check on my progress--like on the same day I do my monthly measurements. I think it would be cool to have more definitive measures of fitness.
Oh and guess what?? I have resolved that I will get back into split training, I want to be able to do a side and a front split :D. Awesome!!

thewalrus0 Fitting into a size lower is way better than scale loss!!--at least for me. I know you are excited!! There are some brands that loathe making anything near my size, and I want in that club sooo bad....not because I can't, but because I love love clothes!

MarliQQ
04-24-2014, 09:34 PM
Hi, Hi Twins! :cool: :cool:

I managed to stay under my cals today despite a recent uptick in my need to snack--which I have been indulging a little bit :s:. I had a pretty good workout today too. I just wish I wasn't so fatigued afterwards. I bumped up the intensity about two weeks ago and it feels like it hasn't gotten any easier:woops:.
I am also experiencing a nice shift downwards in my weight, no true woosh as of yet--so I am long overdue. Waiting for my :lucky: moment....

MarliQQ
04-26-2014, 06:29 PM
Hey Twinnies!! :p :p

So I'm just about done with week 4 of my workout program and I am proud to say that I am actually really impressing myself :lifter:. I am doing much better than when I started out. I am even inspiring myself to set and meet some new goals, but I am trying to keep myself grounded, because I certainly don't want to become overwhelmed. It is not as if what I am doing now is insufficient by any means. I just really want to be all the things I dreamed of, and I'm ready to cross some of these wishes off my list :cloud9:.

MarliQQ
04-28-2014, 10:35 PM
Hi Twinzies! :cool: :cool:

I had a great workout today, and I must say that it is days like this that make me proud of myself. I realize that I am faster, stronger, more flexible, and have much more endurance than old me :D, and that is amazing. I also managed to stay under cals, and treated myself to some ice cream :drool:.
Today my roaming TOM reared its head earlier than expected, and that puts my crazy scale figures in perspective, and my snacking issues. Feels good to have something to blame. I am going to try and still workout tomorrow, although I usually give myself a day off in the middle of TOM.

MarliQQ
05-01-2014, 08:58 PM
Hey Twinnies! :hug:

I weighed in at new low today, and I am excited about how close I am to Onederland! I can see the finish line! :running:....Well...not really the finish line but you know what I mean :p.
I also did my first of the month measurements, and discovered that I have lost inches all the way around. Yay! for that--but the most notable yay! is that I lost most in my waist area, which has always been my primary concern :D.
So excited that May will be the last month I see 2 - - on my scale :lifter:.

MarliQQ
05-12-2014, 11:41 PM
Hey Twinnies!!! :p :p

:goodvibes Knock Knock.

:lifter: Who's there?

:love: Onnnnnnederlaaaaaand!

:chin: Onederland Who??

:nono: Witch!! Don't act like we're strangers, you've been stalking me for months!!

:hyper: Just kidding you know I WUUUV you!!

Holy Smokes Batman! I MADE IT! :rofl: So yah yah, I'm happy, I mean I have 50lbs to go for goal, but I feel so excited about this landmark move and I'm going to pat myself on the back for a long while, because I deserve it. I hoped when I was 250 that I would get this far and I did. I never gave up on me and for that I am proud of myself. There were naysayers and people who had nothing but opinions about what I should be doing, but I DID IT MY WAY. And SUCCESS feels good. Today was definitely a love on MarliQQ day, and I am encouraging my twins to never forget to love on yourself and stay focused because YOU ARE WORTH IT! Love you guys :hug:.