Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2003, 11:42 AM   #1  

Default Skim Milk Cows

OK Lush- here ya go- I lost 2 pounds. and I was awarded my 10% weight loss key chain. I was embarrassed to tell them I already had a key chain from the last time I lost 10%. They asked me what I had learned. I've learned that you have to keep losing the same weight over and over until you figure out that as soon as you get close to your goal weight that you can't eat all the cheesecake you want. Actually I told them that if you use your journal, use portion control. blah, blah, blah, blah..... Actually I have no idea how I manage to finally kick in and start eating right... if I did, I wouldn't have to keep doing this over and over.
Old 07-10-2003, 12:27 PM   #2  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Originally posted by Cowpernia
was just playing cribbage and to make conversation asked my opponent where she was from. Maine. South part. Said she must know about the national park movement. It'll be awesome, she said. I said not everyone agrees. Lumbermen and hunters, she said.
You're such a loyal Cowie. :

Lordie, company at 8am? I'm not even up. DH can have company at 8 am, as long as they're gone when I tumble down the stairs.

You ought to be thin as a rail, Cherry. I don't get it either. If I did all you did, I would expect some returns too.

Peaches, I did that foolish slots thing about a year or more ago, it was exactly the same!! I don't think I ever had the patience to get the end either.

Did anyone catch the latest in this summer's endless series of reality shows, Cupid? It was on last night. It was the funniest thing I've seen since, well, since the preliminary rounds of American Idol (you know, when they show all the losers). Actually I think it was better than that. This beautiful girl is interviewing men from all over the country to be compete to go out with her (she's a'looking fer a husband) with the help of her 2 friends, one of whom is very proper and nice and the other who is hoot and a half and doesn't hesitate to tell anyone they are a big loser. It's a scream. Last night they interviewed every clown in Chicago and Miami. One guy wouldn't leave--they had to get security to throw him out. He wanted to show allllll his pictures of skiing

I have 2 days before I go to NY to pick up DD. I need to get fit so I can climb the hills at Colgate. What should I do? Oh, then we are visiting a couple of friends in the Adirondacks. His idea of a good time is climbing a mountain on your way to running a marathon. Fortunately his wife is all for hanging around drinking hard lemonade.

Congratulations Wabby dear. Another 10%!

See, Painty, you're not the last one to post in the old topic this time!

Kiwi
Old 07-10-2003, 01:23 PM   #3  

Kiwi, you do so many colorful and exciting things. You deserve to be the winner of the Maine forest. I am sick, sick, sick of all these reality shows. I'm plain sick of tv. I saw a commercial for a new one - Who wants to marry my Dad?- where a guys grown children pick a new spouse for their widowed (I think) father. Yick.
Old 07-10-2003, 02:40 PM   #4  
loves kleenex box art

I are a mad cow.

DS called me 2 days ago and got the answering machine.So I'm waitng for him to call again. He shoulda called the cell phone and I'm thnking he doesn't have the number. On my internet answering machine, I put that if you're ds call this number : cell phone.

It rings a while ago and the number is blocked. Again, blocked. I get off the net and my cell rings!!! YAY, DS. MY BABY. No.

It was this: "Mrs. Peaches? ? ? ? I was just reading your article on the protestors."

Me: "I left this number for my son to use. You'll have to call me at work."

Her: "Wellllll,,,,,,,I was just reading your."

Slam. I hang up. She calls twice more.

I am infuriated. The protesters were about this guy held in jail on two misdemeanor charges of domestic battery, without bond, for seven months. I am NOT sympathetic to him yet other people don't stay in jail that long in that way. I'm sure it was the family of the woman calling me. Not a gooooood way to win me to their side.GRRRRR RRRRR GRRRR.

I changed my message which cuts down on my c hances of hearing from MY BABY and I could just slap her. Tomorrow morning, bond will be set. I wish them all into the big house.
Old 07-10-2003, 02:46 PM   #5  
loves kleenex box art

this is my day off by the way
Old 07-11-2003, 12:33 PM   #6  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Originally posted by Wabby
I am sick, sick, sick of all these reality shows. I'm plain sick of tv. I saw a commercial for a new one - Who wants to marry my Dad?- where a guys grown children pick a new spouse for their widowed (I think) father. Yick.

Yes, they are generally revolting. Apparently the networks are determined to keep doing it, digging ever deeper into the abyss of bad ideas. Much cheaper than actually coming up with interesting programming.

Peaches, that is so wrong--people are so unbelievably rude and selfish. I'm totally delighted that you hung up on her. Yay!
I know how frustrated you must be with DS. I suppose if you get really frustrated, you could totally embarrass him and call the school. No, that would be mean. Don't think I haven't contemplated that idea myself -- DD has barely squeaked by on keeping in touch with us. 2 phone calls and 1 email. But to her credit she called her grandparents once when she couldn't get hold of us, and she called her auntie L to thank her for sending a box of cookies.

I have to go have 2 ultrasounds in a half hour. Arterial things or some such madness. Because of my retinal dealie-doo. They assure me that they are no big deal. I'm p-o'ed though: I got a letter from the Dr. today saying my cholesterol is too high. Big surprise Now I have to do something about it.

Later cowies
Kiwi
Old 07-11-2003, 01:30 PM   #7  
fatter than U

Talking You should see OUR reality shows

Cheap copies of U.S. one and stupider than stupid. I hardly ever watch tv any more.

Ate chips and gained weight. Do we see a connection here? I'm doomed to be fat.

Tomorrow is the world famous Ronnenberger Stadtfest. Big party down by the church. Pea soup, disc jockey, face painting for the kids and a Miss Wet T-Shirt contest at midnight for anyone who wants to stay up that late. That's how they do things around here. Somebody save me.
Old 07-11-2003, 03:17 PM   #8  
Member w/ messiest house

Yep, can't get enough of that pea soup under a tent. Mmm-mmm

It's raining like a monsoon here today. My garden is about to bite the dust because our gutters are in such a horrible state. DH's solution? Put a stick in the end of the gutter to "direct the water wherever you want it". I nearly told him where else he could put a stick. God forbid you should ever spend any money on anything not related to boats or guitars.

Grrrrrrrrrrrr

Anyway, I'm leaving town tomorrow morning, and won't be back until Tuesday night. Will you miss my cheeriness?

Kiwi
Old 07-11-2003, 05:11 PM   #9  
fatter than U

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally posted by Kiwonk

Anyway, I'm leaving town tomorrow morning, and won't be back until Tuesday night. Will you miss my cheeriness?
Is that a trick question?

Should be in bed but I just can't seem to keep off this thing. Sound familiar?

Got most of the name tags ironed onto ds10's undies. Praise me for being so domestic. Wouldn't want the kid to come home without underwear, or worse, wearing someone else's. Like I'd notice.

Last edited by SugP; 07-11-2003 at 05:13 PM.
Old 07-11-2003, 06:01 PM   #10  
Member w/ messiest house

You're a wonder, Sugar Pie.

My fingers are numb I've spent so much time on this here masheen. Finally got maps printed for my trip. I could have bought one faster.

Ta Have a good weekend all
Kiwi
Old 07-11-2003, 08:10 PM   #11  
Most boring housewife.

Sugar, don't they have magic markers in Germany? I just wrote SH in black marker in all of DS's stuff. Now I feel all the other mothers are laughing at me. Actually, DD did it.

Kiwi, we finally just tore down our gutters and the water just spills...next we're putting stone and some other stuff to direct the water away from the house...that is what the farmers do around here. In 25 years of home ownership I don't think I've ever cleaned a gutter.
Peaches, it makes me crazy that it is no longer wrong to hold people in jail indefinitely. Everyone thinks so until it is someone they know who it happens to. I know someone who worked in a DR office where there was prescription fraud going on. She was held on suspicion for quite a while. Eventually she was cleared and someone else was charged, but she had no recourse....no body to complain to because she was not arrested so criminal rights did not apply to her. No lawyer would take her case.
Cherry, isn't it frustrating??????? Kills me.
Got to go. Have a good weekend, good title Wabby and congratulations on the 2lbs.
Old 07-11-2003, 08:22 PM   #12  
loves kleenex box art

My baby called me AND I got a card from him. The carded with this: "One very important this. Here is my address."

Sooooo sweet they can be.

Kiwi can't go!!!!! No one can go!!!! Everyone post. For me. Please.
Old 07-12-2003, 12:13 AM   #13  

Just found out that everyone in the world has already filled the hotels/inns in Bloomington for the weekend of DS's alleged Commencement next May. Jeez. Have a reservation at Holiday Inn Express 25 miles away and am apparently lucky to get that. Am hoping for one of the B&B's to come through by e-mail. Who'd have thought you had to make reservations years in advance.

Tomorrow's task is to put together home gym. Talk about having screws loose.

Went on outdoor bicycle spin this morning. 95 degrees. Only gone about 10 minutes, but sweated for an hour after. Egads. Legs are big but weak. And almost tripped over myself just getting off! Will see if I can go farther tomorrow.

Luscious-- totally agree about wrong-headedness of holding people without charges, and no apology or recourse when the "system" wasn't fair.

Will miss you Wabby. Happy Trails. Congrats Cowp on DS's card & call. They have NO idea how much it means, do they?
Old 07-12-2003, 01:16 AM   #14  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Originally posted by Cowpernia
My baby called me AND I got a card from him. The carded with this: "One very important this. Here is my address."

Sooooo sweet they can be.
Son like Yoda talk.

Mother also.

Kiwi too late is up. Kiwi tired tomorrow will be.

Kiwi
Old 07-12-2003, 09:20 AM   #15  
loves kleenex box art

Kiwi is a brat. No one else would have noticed that my post was a translation.

Painty, I guess I missed something. What is ds graduating from? My DS has a couple of relatives who teach at the U of I there. They don't talk to meeeee but I like them anyway.

Was this rude? Realtor calls to say she'll have somebody over at 4pm. I say I have a meeting at 5pm so be on time. At 4:10 nobody here. I call the office and am told that the lady was late. "She must be elderly. She drove slow." (They always blame somebody else) At 4:25 they show up, two women, I don't know them. I sort them out, find out the older one is the realtor and tell the other one "I was told you were elderly because you're so slow. I see you aren't." Her face fell. What do you think? Rude? and if so, me or them.

I need to hear of the Aventures of Bagz Woman and the flock of teenie-bopper-girlies.
Closed Thread