Weight Loss Support - Time for Serious Fun #10

View Full Version : Time for Serious Fun #10

gma22
07-10-2003, 05:45 AM
Time for SERIOUS FUN #10

Welcome to Time for SERIOUS FUN…..We are a group of people trying to loose weight together and help each other along the way. There is only one rule on this thread, and it is if you are not willing to help yourself along the way or help others on this thread we don’t want to hear you WHINE everyday, we like to keep a positive attitude. Some whining is expected, lol, we are only human. Other than that we love to talk about every subject under the sun. Please feel free to pull up a chair and a keyboard and join us on our journey. Every day of the week we have a little beginning to the day to start us off, for example…..Monday would be Mission Monday……you have some sort of mission to complete in your life for that day or longer totally up to you. Faye is in charge of what day it is and what we are doing, so look for her post if you are interested.

gma22
07-10-2003, 05:56 AM
THURSDAY: Today is time for us Thursday. Be sure and make some time for yourself today!

Adding to our time for us, will be a point challenge. You get one point for drinking water, one point for exercise and two points for on program. Feel free to post once a week on Thurs or everyday how many points you have for that day. For example: If I only did exercise and didn't drink enough water nor stayed on program, I would get 1 point for Thurs. Sometimes, it helps to be accountable and I feel I could use this right now! So any who want may join in!

Seeing as how no one is posting and we were dropping off the face of the earth, I started a new thread.

I have a feeling that people are lurking and not posting because they are having a bad time of it and don't want to come here. I hope that is not true. It is really important to keep positive about this instead of letting it get you down. I hope all you ladies that are reading and not posting understand that!

To everyone else, good morning. Hope all is well with you. Even if I have to talk to myself, I am going to keep posting. I truly believe you can accomplish more by a good attitude than bad. I have been having several tough weeks but I am not going to let that get me down. I am determined to get this weight off! I am still improving my health staying active with my pool workout everyday and it shows even when my food choices are poor.

Please say a little prayer for a close friend of mine, Becky and her family whose father is having triple bypass heart surgery this AM. He has had 3 angioplasties in recent months and when they went in to do another yesterday found the 3 blockages. He has no other health problems, but he is an older gentleman.

You ladies have a great day!

Faye :) PS: I WOULD LIKE TO THANK SANDI FROM THE 100 LB CLUB FOR THE IDEA!

peekabooangel
07-10-2003, 06:18 AM
I'm here Faye, not as much as I would like to be, but I'm here.
Posting has been slow and I just don't understand why? I guess summer time is busy for everyone?

Time for me Thursday....hummmm.....well first I need to go to work and do my regular stuff then we will work on the time for me. I need some of that. I feel like I'm going on overload lately. Actually my sil and I are going shopping after work tomorrow. We need to hit Sears and payless and try to find the boys (our sons) something nice to wear to the wedding on Saturday. It's an outdoor wedding and I just caught the weather report and it's supposed to be nice and cool well 70's and no muggies that day, so that will be great!!!

I'm having computer issues at work so I have to go in and deal with that this morning....it keeps telling me system resources are really low? But when I check them I have like 77% free? I will take any advise on this.....
:?:

gonna run now....hugs to all...
Peek

pjkdreamer
07-10-2003, 08:00 AM
Faye, and Barb: Good morning.....

Faye you are so right about the positive attitude, I am finding myself replacing all of those "old negative tapes" with positive ones, and it is getting easier!

Yesterday a good thing happened! I went shopping at Catherines. I have a wedding to go to in October, and usually dread the shopping experience, but they have beautiful things there and I really found myself getting excited again about picking out something new to wear...before it was such an effort and I usually just bought what I absolutely had to have. (not trying anything on, because it was usually the biggest thing in there) Anyway...I bought a really pretty blouse, creme colored with see through sleeves (a shell) and it cost me $11.19 !!!!!
It was regularly 35.00, marked down to 27.99 then take an additional 50% off that, except when the store clerk rang it up, it was just 11.19. I look forward to going back at the end of this month and buying the rest of the outfit, new undergarments and all the accessories. I hate having my picture taken, but this will be an "occasion", so I will submit one here. The blouse fit nicely, which is great, but, by October it should be exactly right!:cb:

I will ck in later...have a good day...

gma22
07-10-2003, 08:20 AM
Pam: Yeah for you! I sobbed right in the store the first thing I bought that was a smaller size! I can't wait to see you in the whole outfit!

Three Cheers for Pam! :cb: :bravo: :cp:

I was telling Peek this morning that I was fooling around with some pics and took one that was taken Christmas Eve and one I took about 2 weeks ago and lined them up on a word document together and printed them out. It isn't even a full body, just face, but it is pretty dramatic. I am going to put it up on my Fridge to inspire me to do better! I have gotten mega sloppy with my eating giving myself excuses because we were traveling and then the holiday, but I must face the challenge of getting this next 30 lbs off! With that said, I am going to add something to Thursday's time for us that I saw on another thread. Anyone who wishes may participate or not, it is your choice. I think it will help me to stay on the straight and narrow again.

Faye PLEASE CHECK OUT MY TIME FOR US POST AT THE BEGINNING OF THE THREAD FOR DETAILS ON THE POINTS CHALLENGE!

pjkdreamer
07-10-2003, 08:43 AM
Faye,

I like the idea of points for water and exercise...the water part will be easy, I am up to about 10 glasses per day, I have really flushed out the old kidneys!! Feeling good though, I was very dehydrated before! I spend a lot of time in the bathroom, sounds like I am not the only one here that does though. This over 40 bladder of mine doesn't help either.

Wanted to add another good thing I did for me yesterday..I went out to lunch with my neice to Applebee's and had the appetizer Chicken Quesadilla (low fat made with grilled chicken, grilled baby veggies, and low fat cilantro sauce), on wheat flour tortilla. There were 6 wedges. I also got the tomato basil soup without the Parmesan cheese (I LOVE CHEESE, WISH I DIDN'T), and croutons, I had them leave those off. I ate 3 of the quesadillas, and a portion of the soup, and brought the other portions home for my dinner. A big deal for me! There are not too many places you can go an make lighter choices, but they have several items on the menu that are. You may want to ck it out. I will take a look at the water/exercise challenge. Well got to go have my breakfast, the old stomach is growling, actual hunger pains too wow!!:lol: :lol:

Check in later...

gigglez
07-10-2003, 10:17 AM
Morning everyone. TIme for me............ I slept in this morning. DS got up at 630 and I stayed in bed til 730. So that was my time. I will report in on the points tomorrow. TIme is short today, have to run to wally world before work. FUN FUN FUN

sandy

pjkdreamer
07-10-2003, 11:36 AM
Girls,

Sorry I posted on 9, I am determined to get the swing of this yet!! I did it even after having posted on this one twice today already duh!!!

Sooooooooo..I am being redundant here....I finished my 3rd day of the WATP tape. I made it to the end of the 15 mins with only a 30 second break for water and to sit an catch my breath. Better than yesterday and even better than the day before.

Talk to you tomorrow morning ladies! Take care of yourselves:lol:

loranden
07-10-2003, 01:31 PM
Ahhh...Time for Us Thursday.

The cat brats actually let me sleep in this morning; not only that, when I did get up, the house was actually intact. No throw rugs in balls scattered everywhere and no cat toys spread all over to be stepped on :lol: ! Now that is a great morning! :D

It was also a pleasant one to get in a walk and weed the flower bed. The rent rebate check came, as well as a call from db that his parents want to meet me :fr: .

mugirl213
07-10-2003, 02:17 PM
OK howdy all...how is everyone doing? I am over here just about dead to the world. I finished my second day in a row at the gym and today we're shooting for #3. I'm going with a co-worker so it definitely helps to have a partner in crime. We met with the trainer on Tuesday and now we are meeting with her again tonight...so it's gonna be a TOUGH nite. But I'll do it. ;)

So I'm good with exercise. I've also pretty much eliminated snacking. I'm very proud of that. I need to just eek out a bit more water and I'll be good to go. Let me just say that I am SOOOOO sore from the gym. My arms, shoulders, etc HURT. Heh, but it's a good hurt at least.

My trainer said to shoot for 20-40 min of cardio. We did cardio the first day and 10 min killed... yesterday was 15 and it wasn't so bad...today we'll shot for 20 min. But of course that is after my serious rep weight training. Oh well..we'll see what we can do!

I'll check back in later girlies! Keep up the good work.
Over and out!
:queen: Missy :queen:

gma22
07-10-2003, 02:46 PM
:jig: :cb: :bravo: :cp: :dance: :dancer: :flow2: :jig: :bravo: :cb: :cp: :dance: :flow2: :dancer: THIS IS FOR ALL YOU LADIES WHO ARE GETTING IN THAT EXERCISE AND ARE REALLY WORKING TO STAY ON PROGRAM AND DRINK THAT OLE WATER! I AM SO VERY PROUD OF YOU!!!!!!!!!!

So far water is good, did my workout in the pool ,rain and all, and am on track for food. I am kind of hungry so am going to go and get a small snack, apple or something to hold me til dinner.

I have really worked on the kitchen today getting everything straightened out and the new pegs put in for the shelves. I have rearranged most of the kitchen, which will drive dh mad, but he will adapt! I started tossing junk (3 black trash bags full) of craft stuff I have been holding on to knowing I will never go back to it, and dumped a bunch of single recipes that I never look at and neatened up my two recipe shelves. I never realized how many cookbooks I have. I bet I have 50 and at least 20 are low fat cooking ones. I just won a BBQ cookbook signed my Al Roker a few weeks ago. The stuff looks good, but if HE eats it, that surgery ain't a gonna last long cause the stuff is ALL fattening!

Well, I still have things I want to accomplish today so better get back to it!

Faye :dizzy:

Satine
07-10-2003, 03:05 PM
Hi everyone! Hope everyone is having a great day....
for some me time today I am going to take a long, quiet bath
and forget about all my house cleaning waiting to be done...
side note...thanks Faye for all the advice with that, it made sense and I will try it....

I think I can handle the new points system, I already drink a ton of water, I have been doing great on staying on my plan, and I have been exercising, but not as much as I need to...
I need someone to give me some advice on what to do to tighten up the stomach fat...any suggestions? Good ol' situps?

Well everyone have a good day, talk to you later...

Carri
( Satine )

gma22
07-10-2003, 05:31 PM
Hey Carri: Glad I could help! My schedule used to be horrific (up at 5 am, leave at 6 take dh to work go to work, take lunch at 2:30 and go get dh and then he would come and get me at 5 pm) this made for a really long day. The only way I could handle keeping the house clean was with that system. Otherwise I would leave it for the weekend and then not do it because I was either too tired or didn't want to spend the weekend cleaning! Glad to hear you are staying the course!

I am done with dinner and can have one small snack. I got my water in and my workout so should get my full points tomorrow unless I fall off the wagon tonight and don't think that will happen.

Thanks for the thoughts and prayers for my friend's dad. She e-mailed me and said he ended up having quadruplebypass but came through it fine and is in ICU.

I hope everyone has a great evening. DH and I are in a slump because the Cubs got their butt beat big time this afternoon! :( :mad: :stress:

Faye:dizzy:

gma22
07-11-2003, 06:32 AM
FRIDAY: Fabulous down the lbs Friday. How'd we do this week girls? Don't forget to give us your points if you are participating in that!

Good Morning!

I haven't weighed though I had already put on some lbs so probably haven't taken them back off yet. My points are a different matter.

Thurs: water 1
exercise 1
program 2

Yahoo, I stayed on everything yesterday! I knew if I had to be reporting to you girlies I would. Thanks for being the EVIL eye!
:lol:

I will check back in later and post when you all seem to be up and around!

Faye :)

Satine
07-11-2003, 08:30 AM
Morning to all, to Faye, who seems to be the only one up this early....

I believe that I had just 3 points for yesterday, I did not exercise but as I said in previous threads, my Aunt Flo is visisting and I do not feel much like exercising during that time, cramps, bloating, etc...you all know the drill...

My question this morning is how much water drinking gets a point? How much should I be drinking? I think I am getting about
40-48 oz roughly a day, it probably should be around 64 oz right?

YEAH!!!!!!!!! it is Friday, the last day of the loooooooonnnnggg
workweek ( for me anyway )....cant wait to sleep in tomorrow, I get pretty lazy on the weekends...well I hope you all have a great weekend and stay on course!!!

Carri

gma22
07-11-2003, 09:11 AM
Carri: You get a :cp: for your 3 points yesterday! Anything over 64 oz is good. If you are exercising, you should add 8-24 oz to the 64 though!

I have already run some errands, gone to the store and cleaned out another drawer this morning! I am going to try and straighten the meds pantry and our bedroom closet before heading out to the pool. Need to keep busy. Looked like it was going to rain at 6 am but the sun is out full force so I should be able to get it in without being dumped on like yesterday.

I bought some Yoplait yogurt this morning and saw they have fruit yogurt with like oreo crumbles and stuff now. I looked at the cal and it is 220 for a little container. Not worth the tablespoon of cookie you get! I went for the ff stuff. They had some flavors I had not found anywhere like blackberry and this peach mango. Do any of you cook with yogurt at all? I hear it is a good substitute for mayo and such for dressings and as a sub for sour cream, but I don't know......:?:

Well girlys the day is a wastin! On to the meds cabinet!

Faye

FOR THOSE OF YOU PARTICIPATING IN THE POINTS: :bravo: IF YOU HAVE 4 POINTS!, :cp: IF YOU HAVE 3 POINTS!, :high: IF YOU HAVE 2 POINTS!, :flow2: IF YOU HAVE AT LEAST ONE POINT!, :fr: IF YOU SCORED NO POINTS FOR YESTERDAY! IF YOU ARE STRUGGLING, PLEASE LET US HELP!

pjkdreamer
07-11-2003, 10:50 AM
Morning Ladies,

2 pts for program, 1 for water and 1 for exercise, yesterday. Already had exercise today, on that 5th day of WATP tape, making the 1st mile, getting easier each time I do it. I DONT MOVE FAST, BUT I MOVE!!!!:cp: :cb:

I drink anywhere from 64-80 oz per day, sometimes more. Yesterday I had a diet soda, but didnt care for it really, are there any beverage suggestions out there? I put lemon and sometimes lime in my water and it helps, but, looking to try something in addition to water.

Faye, sounds like I could take some house cleaning tips from you, and tips on staying motivated to keep it up, man are you a cleaning machine!!!:D

FRIDAY...AAAH. Even though I work every weekend, they are a little less chaotic, for the most part, especially Sundays. A little time to breathe..

I will look in on you all later.

gma22
07-11-2003, 11:08 AM
PJ: YOU GET A :bravo: for points yesterday! Way to go! I never thought I would ever be one who would actually stick with exercise, but I have even when I was walking. As for cleaning, I get in one of those moods and off I go! I got the med cabinet done before I went to the pool and am going to shower and dress then work on the closet in our room and see if I can straighten it out some. I prefer everything lined up according to clothing type, dress shirts, casual shirts, dress slacks, etc., but dh helps me a lot putting clothes away so I don't complain! I just go in from time to time and redo it all! The one area I am sloppy is I am a shoe thrower. I just toss my shoes in the closet so I go in and straighten them all out every once in awhile.

I am down 5 lbs:cb: I am down 5 lbs :cb: ! Whoopee! I knew if I got back on track it would start coming off again.

Well, now that I have exercised and danced my banana dance, I guess I should get in the shower!

Talk soon
Faye;)

pjkdreamer
07-11-2003, 11:16 AM
Hello again Ladies,

Off to run the usual Friday errands, doing so with a lot more ease these days... it is wonderful!!:D

Faye...congrats on the 5 lbs loss that is magnificent!!:dancer: :grouphug: :dance: :balloons:

later chicklets!!

mugirl213
07-11-2003, 12:40 PM
Pam ~ i normally cannot tolerate diet drinks...but I enjoy the Crystal Lite Pink Lemonade IMMENSELY! It's really good and of course they have a great variety of flavors, but I find the otehrs taste more of nutrasweet. But that's something you'll have to find out. Also, they make those fruit20's i know they have alot of flavors and they are supposedly good. I also find Fresca to be yummy ifyou are a soda addict. Good luck!

Faye ~ No yogurt info, sorry :( But that sounds a little questionable...I can't imagine eating my ham, cheese and yogurt sandwich. LOL But I'm sure it's one of those things that SOUNDS gross and tastes great.

Anyway...let's see...I'll let you all decide on my points..

I get 1 for exercise for sure...2 hours at the gym!
I did stay mostly on plan yesterday but went straight from the gym to meet guy #1 at the movies, so all I had after lunch yesterday until I went to sleep was movie popcorn...but no butter...so that's a questionable one.

As for water...I think I had about 64, which is bad after all the exercise I did...so...maybe 1/2 point for that?

Anyway, check you later...today is splurge fast food friday and I'm gonna get arbys! Haven't weighed myself yet this week, so we shall see!

gigglez
07-11-2003, 01:09 PM
Afternoon all. I get 4 for yesterday. I got my exercise in yesterday by climbing the stairs here at work many many times. Over and over. Plus I did some ab work as well. Water no prblem and stayed OP had 15points yesterday. Yeah for me.

WTG FAYE on the 5lbs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Missy I know about hte questionable movie popcorn. Been there done that. But just keep keeping on

sandy

pjkdreamer
07-11-2003, 01:30 PM
Ladies,

I have cooked a few things with yogurt, and they are surprisingly good. A couple of nights ago, I made Indian Chicken. You cut ckicken peices into chunks, I use tenderloins, saute onion and garlic in Pam spray, cook brown rice, add to onion garlic mixture. Coat casserole with Pam spray (original), mix together plain non-fat yogurt, a little flour and diced green pepper, cumin, and ginger. Layer rice mixture, and chicken on bottom of casserole. Top with yogurt mixture, bake at 35o-30-45 mins. Yummy! Tastes a little bit Mexican and Indian, if that makes since, but it is a good alternative to traditional chicken casserole recipe. I will share the recipe with anyone who is interested, it also has all the nutritional infor there for you, so it makes it easy for us. Also have a recipe for Chile Rellenos Casserole, made with ground turkey that turned out good, if anyone is interested. Yogurt also good on Baked potato, and in Salad dressings.

Well got to get going again. Have a great afternoon.

gma22
07-11-2003, 02:09 PM
Pam: I would certainly like the recipes. Especially the chile relleno one. Dh won't eat turkey burger, but I can use ground sirloin.

Sandy:YOU GET A :bravo: for points yesterday! Good for you!

Missy: You are like the cartoon of the lady trying to use hand signals to turn, "uh, right, no left, no right, no..." So, because you were not exactly crystal clear on how many points you deserve, YOU GET A :cp: for water and exercise and one for program just in case! Have you ever eaten those French Market sandwiches at Arbys? I like the roast beef one. Even if you take off the cheese it is good!

Hope Peek is doing ok today. She told me her computer at work crashed (virus) destroying all her documents so she has to reproduce them! UGH! I imagine she is going to be quite busy. We miss you and hope you aren't buried under computer paper!

Everyone is doing great this week. Tomorrow is Sunny Thoughts Saturday so be thinking of something good to share tomorrow!

Satine
07-11-2003, 02:46 PM
I will agree with Faye sounds like everyone is doing good this week...I see that tomorrow is sunny thoughts day and it reminded me of what I wanted to ask you guys...I am doing this now on my work computer, and everything works fine...but when I go home to my computer it will not let me reply to any thread...even after I sign in...I do not think that I have anything set up oddly here at this site...I know probably none of us are computer wizards but I thought you might have an idea or maybe it happened to you... so let me know...

If I cannot figure it out I will be sending sunny thoughts your way all day Saturday, have a great weekend!

Carri

gma22
07-11-2003, 04:30 PM
Carri: Got me. I will ask my dh and see if he has an idea. Where do you live in Indiana? You know I am from Indiana. I lived there my whole life until dh and I got married and then we moved back there after he retired from the military and we lived there 12 years. I never noticed you were from the Hoosier state!

We are going to the movies and out to eat first so wish me luck. I kind of banked all my cal and fat today. Had a ff yogurt, 3 bottles of water and a peanut butter sand with 1 tbl pb.

Talk to you tomorrow!

Faye:)

Satine
07-11-2003, 04:33 PM
Faye - I am orignally from Tipton, IN, little, little town, but now live in Indianapolis...what part are you from?

Well since my computer doesnt work for this site at home, I will talk to you guys on Monday!

Carri

skribbles
07-11-2003, 05:30 PM
Good afternoon ladies :)

First of all I’d like to thank you for allowing me to join your group. From reading your posts I can see that I have lots in common with you all. Its funny how some days are easier then others.. those days that aren’t, well I’d like to find a big eraser but I guess that’s what Mondays are for lol to start over. You all seem so supportive I hope I can fit in.

I’d like to tell you a little bit about my self I’ve been a dieter for my whole life it seems and right now Id really like to get rid of that mentality of dieting and go for the life change and to be healthy.. I joined weight watchers a few weeks ago and have been losing at a snails pace, but I guess ounces lost is better then gained. Also last week I joined a new fitness club..or group I guess you’d call it, its called Curves. Exercise group for woman. To my surprise when I went to my WW meeting today the scale was up 2.5 pounds, not so sure curves is for me lol. I have about 80 pounds to lose and it’s a struggle to lose, I’m looking for some support and some help with my challenge.

Also, today I did exercise and so far have drank almost all my water so im thinking I get some bonus points for that :)

Thank you all for listening and letting me join ur posts

gma22
07-11-2003, 09:58 PM
Carri: I grew up in a little tiny town called North Liberty which is 20 miles south of South Bend, so grew up in ND territory! Since you live in Indy now bet you know all about the Indy football rivalry with Penn High School in Mishawaka. Our daughter went to Penn and until we moved, we would go to all the high school football games and to the state champ in Indy every year over the Thanksgiving holiday. We sure miss that! I would ask one of the web administrators to help you with your home computer. They might have a good suggestion for you.

Skribbles: Welcome to our happy group and YOU GET A :high: since you didn't say whether you stayed on program yesterday or not! We will upgrade you if you did! :lol: We are happy to have you here with us!

Remember tomorrow is Sunny thoughts Saturday so be thinking of something to share happy!

We went to the movies and because it started at 5 had to eat at the only place there is practically in this mall here called Peabody Place and that was A and W/ Long John Silvers. I got shrimp and chicken, gave 3/4 shrimp to dh, left the fries except for a couple, left part of the chicken, no hush puppies they went to hubby and did eat the cole slaw and diet to drink. Since I had so many cal and fat banked I am thinking I did fine. I did have some choc raisins at the movie too, but according to the box they weren't too bad on cal and fat. We went to see Pirates of the Carribean with Johnny Depp. Not academy award material, but entertaining and quite humorous. I would give it :yes: as far as spending money to go see it. We went to the matinee so it was just $5 instead of $7.

Hope you all have a nice evening and weekend if we don't talk until Monday!

peekabooangel
07-11-2003, 11:03 PM
Hey there lovely ladies,
I climbed my way out of the pile of papers on my desk. I wanted to kill the lady at the bank that was supposed to be helping me set my online banking back up!!!! She was talking to me like I was 5 years old. Anyway, I'm still recreating but for the most part I'm back up and running.

I went shopping with my sil tonight, I know Thursday was do stuff for yourself day, but guess I waited till today, cause heres what I did.......mind you~I rarely spend money on me!!! I got a new outfit for myself at Sears (love the clearence racks) then we went to Walmart, I got my hair cut (oh my good, it is in style but I look like I fell out of bed and forgot to brush my hair. It sure will be easy to manage thats for sure.) And I bought this hair wax stuff that you style with for $10.00.....this coming from someone who hates to spend more than $3.00 on shampoo and I never buy hairspray over 1.29 or so.....What a cheapy I am....Then we went to Applebees....god it was good.....

Hummmmmm. Yesterdays points? I think I get a big fat goose egg. I will get my *** back on track. You are all inspiring me!!

Welcome to the group Skribbles.....

Gotta scoot...
Hugs,
PEEK

pjkdreamer
07-12-2003, 07:14 AM
Good Morning,

It is Saturday!! 6:00am...ugh!!:dizzy:

Have to leave for work in just a few, but wanted to wish you all a good day.

yesterday: 2 points for walking 1 point for exercise and 1pt for water!

Today 1 pt for water, and 1pt for exercise...was day 6 of WATP tape,:cb: tomorrow I think will be rest day! and back at in Monday morning! :dancer:

Have a great one!

gma22
07-12-2003, 07:26 AM
SATURDAY: today is Sunny Thoughts Saturday! What can you tell us to inspire us?

Good morning little group! My :flow2: thought for today is: Within each one of us is a nugget of courage. Each one of us is using that nugget to try and lose weight and make ourselves healthier. You ladies are the more gorgeous, sexy ladies I know! Go out and capture the world!

First off:

PEEK: We are NOT going to give you a goose egg for not getting any points. YOU ARE A :love: just for being honest. We are going to get you up and going again, just like I did. Remember, we basically started in this together and you don't want to lag behind me do you? :lol: :lol: Heck, no, you never want to be behind me, it is not a pleasant sight! :lol:

Let's see for Friday: I am not giving me any points for program because I am not sure what my total was for dinner, though I am pretty sure I didn't go over, but I did do water (1) and exercise (1) so I guess that is 2 for me on Friday. I am however, giving myself a :cb: just because I was hungry late last night and kept my butt upstairs except for drinking 2 extra bottles of water! Remember we are doing this a day behind so give me your totals for the day before not the day you are posting!

Faye gets a :high: for Friday.

I cannot believe that even on a Saturday I can't get to sleep in. The cat came and "got me up" at 4:30 AM this morning. He won't let me sleep, he jumps on me, nuzzles me, bites, scratches, whatever it takes to get up with him. Does he EVER do this to dh, HECK NO! He is sound asleep right now!

Well, I hope to talk to you guys later today!

Have a good one.

Faye:)

Angel-lover
07-12-2003, 09:14 AM
http://members.shaw.ca/Sunburn_69/Bearmail_Hello.jpggma2one.......I just wanted to stop in & let you know, I've noticed you welcoming & encouraging SO MANY people on the forum! You show care & concern for all. (yes, I lurk from time to time.hehe) You posted to me & it helped. The dietician website you gave the newbie is great! I believe it's going to help me with my last 20 lbs. I'm sure there are others in the forum that help others a lot....I haven't been here long though, & noticed you.

I know you don't need my approval.....just thought I'd let you know, that the kind things you do ARE NOTICED & sometimes we don't say "thank you" enough. http://www.free4-all.co.uk/assets/images/ThankYouTextFadeOut.gif

peekabooangel
07-12-2003, 09:29 AM
Hey Angel~Lover, I like the pics and stuff you put in your post. I will have to investigate how to do that.....

Okay my Saturday thoughts are quotes I found on the web.....they really make you stop and think....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We are responsible for what we are, and whatever we wish ourselves to be, we have the power to make ourselves. If what we are now has been the result of our past actions, it certainly follows that whatever we wish to be in future can be produced by our present actions; so we have to know how to act.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It is the coward and the fool who says, 'This is fate'"-- so says the Sanskrit proverb. But it is the strong man who stands up and says, "I will make my fate".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just thought I would share....

Hugs,
PEEK

gma22
07-12-2003, 10:53 AM
Peek: What great sunny thoughts and oh so true! When we reach for the stars we really can accomplish anything. I really like the first quote. Basically, though we did this to ourselves, we can undo it by doing good to ourselves! Yahoo what an inspiration!

Angel: Though you may not see this, thank you for being so sweet. I really do care about people losing weight, but I care most about people loving and accepting themselves first. Many times the only human we can count on is ourselves, so we should be particularly good to ourselves and acceptance is one of those ways. Accept who you are, then change what you don't like!

I am freezing girlies after coming back from the pool so I want to get into the shower!

Talk later!
Faye

Angel-lover
07-12-2003, 03:32 PM
http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung/mittelgrosse/medium-smiley-043.gif Ladies....Peekaboo....I like your name & the thoughts for Saturday! For the images, I go all over the internet & find free graphics. Save them in Emotipad, I purchased. Then, all I have to do is click & drag. Sometimes it can be a headache, cause some of them(although they're free) won't let you direct link...& that's the only way Emotipad will post. I have a lot of free time on my hands (long story), so this is a good way to pass the time. I believe there are other ways to do it....but this was the easiest.

gma2one.....I saw it & agree with your advice. Oh, & I am gma2eleven! http://home.att.net/~scorh/Sign01r.gif

pjkdreamer
07-13-2003, 07:22 AM
Hello to all...

It is 6:15am, and have to go again!! No watp tape this am, I am taking a rest! I got to the end of the tape yesterday with much more ease. Hope skipping today will not make tomorrow more difficult. But, I am planning on being active too. Got to go to the grocery store after work, pantry and fridge are bear! Even everyday chores like shopping are soooooo much more enjoyable, I am not gasping for every breath!!:)

2pts for program yesterday, 1 for exercise and 1 for water.

I hope all of you have a great (healthy day)..check in with you later.:wave:

peekabooangel
07-13-2003, 08:05 AM
Good morning ladies, how are all you lovies today? I went to bed at 9:00 last night and didn't get up till 7, WOW 10 hours sleep for me....I feel so refreshed. We are off to a pool party for my neice today. All family so it's another wonderful day....lol....

Lets see if I can't finally get some replies done:

Faye: Thanks for all the support even when I am not doing my best!! You are the best. What would I do without you?

Pam: Nice to see you posting here and on the 300+ thread that I post on. Sometimes I find myself doulbe talking to you, but thats okay, double the encouragment from me and from you...

Angel-Lover: Still love the little things you put in your posts. Emotipad huh??? I will have to go check it out when I find some spare time. Thanks for the heads up.

Skribbles: Welcome again to this corner of the posting world. This is a great thread to hang on.

Carri: I wonder why you can't access the sight at home too? Humm? I use it at work and here at home. Good luck with it.

Missy: I'm with you on the Crystal Light pink....good stuff. How is the man front going? Is there still a #1 and #2?

Lori & Sandy: Hey girls, hope all is going well for you.

Well gonna run now girls.....

Hugs to you all,
Peek.

gma22
07-13-2003, 08:48 AM
SUNDAY: Today is silly poll Sunday. Here is your poll question for this week:

WHAT IS THE DUMBEST THING YOU HAVE EVER DONE? IT CAN BE FUNNIEST OR MOST EMBARRASSING SO FESS UP GIRLS!

Well, I would have to rate letting dh talk me into riding bare chested in the car on a trip right up there! WELL, HE DARED ME! That was sometime last year. I also answered the door once in only panties and bra as I forgot I was not dressed. I had been doing some kind of cleaning in the house that was particularly messy so stayed in just undies to do it. It was these poor children selling candy and I must have frightened them to death! I didn't realize my condition until I saw the looks on their faces. UTTER SHOCK!

How is everyone this morning? I see some of you beat me to the punch today.

Angel: Sometimes I have a devil of a time with clip art etc trying to post. I guess to do it right you need your software. Glad to see you here btw.

Peek: Could Carri's problems be something with cookies? I don't understand that stuff but maybe her cookies aren't enabled or whatever computer cookies do besides sit in their jar? :lol: :lol:

Don't forget to give me your points for Sat ladies. Not many let me know yesterday.

Pam: YOU GET A : :bravo: for points yesterday. Good girl! I workout 7 days a week but only because I am compelled to do so. (I am OCD) Anyway, there is nothing wrong with taking a days break from exercise and I am glad it is becoming better for you. Believe me it gets even better!

I had 4 pts total for yesterday! I get a :bravo: I hope today goes as well. I am making lasagna for dh and it is really high in cal so I may be having a very very tiny piece for dinner!

I finally got around to doing my May and June's scrapbook pages for my weight loss album. They turned out pretty cute. I did Mays with a flower type theme and June I called all about summer with picnic and park accents. July will probably be patriotic and I need to get it ready to put in the pic at the end of the month. I hated putting in June's that I had gained 10 lbs, but if I am not honest with myself that it is stupid to be honest with others! It is one of the coolest things I have done to see the changes in my body. I did this for me not for anyone else. It is not like a "See, look at what I have done." More of a "See, you can do this." kind of thing.

Better go and feed the animals and get things started for the morning so I can go over to the pool in an hour.

TTFN

peekabooangel
07-13-2003, 10:29 AM
Humm:chin: Well most resently.... I bought some new hairspray and it is in the same color spray can as my deodorant....well yes you guessed it I put hairspray on my underarms......LOL...and I am a true blonde so the stories are endless....

gma22
07-13-2003, 10:56 AM
"Be patient - the ability to persevere is what separates the whiners from the winners." This was pm'd to me by a friend who said it came from "O," Oprah's magazine and she thought this fit my philosphy perfectly. I agree whole heartedly. The race for weight loss is a slow one and to be able to persevere in the bad times as well as the good shows great strength and determination. WE ARE ALL WINNERS HERE, EVEN DURING THE
:eek: "WHINING" TIMES! Yes, you heard me say the "W" word! We are not whiners here, but sometimes we are overburdened due to lack of success, difficulty in succeeding, and overall health and "blah" problems. At those times, it is particularly important to smile, laugh and not worry about how many lbs the iron monster registers, whether the tape measure suddenly seemed to get much longer, or our behinds look fatter than yesterday. We are determined to take the disappointments in stride and know we will do our best the next day! :grouphug:

Peek: Thank goodness you don't live in Italy where I hear Italian men LOVE women who don't shave.......You would have started a whole new fashion trend...hairdos for armpits! :D Peek, I DID NOT have yogurt this am. I made pancakes (blueberry ones for me) and bad girl bad girl, :no: sausage links so am well into my cal and fat for the day! I did use fat free bisquick, eggbeaters, but had to use low fat milk as I don't have any fat free. They were pretty yummy actually and even with ff milk I bet you couldn't tell the difference from the regular ones.

Dh had to go into work today (they sure have a bunch of dumb bunnies that work out there on the weekend) so I guess my "chores" will not get done until next weekend sometime, which is ok. I still didn't get done what I wanted to yesterday and may not today as I need dh's help, but maybe he can help with the one closet when he gets home. It sits under our stairs, opens up into our living room and we have stored boxes in there because it is not easy to manuever in so you don't really want stuff you need all the time towards the back. Unfortunately, Mr. Butterscotch can manuever perfectly, loves to scoot past me when I open that door and has knocked all the boxes over fooling around in there so I need help to get them stacked back up again. The front part of the closet is for coats and my vacuum and a couple blankets because dd is always cold at my house when she comes. I don't know why... Remember the scene in Father of the Bride part 2 where he wears his coat, hat and gloves in the house and the two women are in shorts and sleeveless tops sweating to death. Well, put me in there except instead of pregnancy it is Meno and you would have our house. IGLOO CITY! :yikes:

Well, I need to get into the pool. Haven't been over there yet and this is as good a time as any!

Faye :) PS: If you want to have the taste of something famous and don't know how it is made, go to www.copykat.com. This site is unbelievable from twinkies to kfc to Chili's salsa!

pjkdreamer
07-14-2003, 08:32 AM
Good morning,

Cant beleive I am the first one here this am, Faye are you up yet?? I am sure that you are, and doing some house cleaning!;)

I got 2 pts for program yesterday (had a good food day), and 1 pt for water. I did not do my WATP tape, as planned but I did go to the grocery store on the way home, abt 45 mins..so I managed to get in some physical activity.....which felt good, because I sit on my @#! all day at work at a keyboard!:dancer:
feels great to be moving again!! My life was a sedentary one just a couple of months ago, sitting in my easy chair, and pretty much just getting up to go into the kitchen:D , I would make it to work somehow, and did only what I had to do....now I find myself wanting to do things again, and I am sooooooo grateful!:lol:

Thanks to all of you for your posts yesterday.. I cant wait to get up in the mornings and see what you have been doing!

Hope you all have a healthful day, got to go pop that tape in and get moving!!

:strong:

Satine
07-14-2003, 08:43 AM
Hi, hope you all had a great weekend...I did, I really stayed on target and I get 3 points for yesterday, I did not exercise but for some reason it seems hard to do on weekends, we are usually out and about....AND I was down 2 more pounds this morning
( originally started at 239 and now down to 224 ), so that makes me down 15 pounds in a month and two days...I am very excited!!!! Still have a long way to go though, but I will get there..

Faye - I did think that it might be my cookies ( mmmm does that sound good ) but my husband works with computers and he said everything is set up fine, so maybe I will just have to post Mon-
Friday for now...

Yesterday was Silly Sunday and I have too many stories to share -
my main problem? If I laugh too hard I pee myself, badly not just a squirt...so many stories stem around that....many embarrasing stories...talk to you girls later......have a great Monday - stay on points!

Carri

pjkdreamer
07-14-2003, 09:53 AM
Carrie,

Way to go...two more pounds that is wonderful!! you are right you can do it!!:cp:

Did my watp tape...my goal by the end of this week is to go all the way through without stopping, I have been taking a pause for a few seconds to get water and catch my breath, but every day it is getting easier, I am sticking with it too! Second wk. (back in my EATING!! Days) I maybe would have done it once, no more than twice for sure, then the box would have just been sitting somewhere collecting cobwebs! then I would be on to my next scheme! And it was just that a scheme! I could do alot of planning and daydreaming sitting on my @!*...not anymore though I AM PUTTING THOSE DREAMS INTO ACTION!:dance:

AGAIN CONGRATS!!! YOU KEEP IT UP, YOU DESERVE IT!:bravo: :high: :dancer: :grouphug: :cb:

To the rest of you girls...here's to you....hope you have a great day:wave:

Satine
07-14-2003, 09:59 AM
Pam - good job on the exercising, what is watp tape?

Carri

gma22
07-14-2003, 10:09 AM
MONDAY: Today is Mission Monday. Our mission this week is water, water, water! Get that water in ladies, you will be glad you did!

Good Morning, Good Morning! Isn't the "New" site cute! I got beat out of bed this morning, amazing!

Carri: YOU GET A :cp: for points and :cb: :dance: for your weight loss. I do apologize for contributing to peeing problems by making our mission WATER this week! :lol: You are doing a great job overall keep it up! Cookies was as educated as I get....sorry!

Pam: YOU GET A :cp: for points yesterday! Good for you! I am going to even give you a ;) for walking around yesterday and at least trying to move instead of just sitting!

Dumb Dopey Faye: YOU ONLY GET A: :high: because she didn't get all her cal and fat calculated so doesn't know if she went over on program or not! Like I said dh had to go out to work because they were having some kind of problem and was gone 9 hours, an hour of which it stormed here very badly including hail and I knew he would be outside so I was worried sick. On the weekends, it is almost impossible to reach him because the office staff is not there. So I fretted and ate. Long story short, he never got but a couple of sprinkles and my car never got hailed on! BUT...I also lost track of stuff foodwise so took a hit on my points. On the other side of the coin, he did make about $500 AND I did clean out another closet while he was gone trying to keep busy! I am going shopping :cb: , I am going shopping:cb: ! :lol: :lol:

Well, out go four more resumes for people to ignore today! I really really want to get back into a law firm and I did apply for a supervisory position which I am sure they will never even consider me for, but I did do the exact same job as fill at the law firm I worked at. Que Sera Sera.

Well, ladies, sun is out and my behind is not in the pool so I need to get the mail out to be picked up and go across the courtyard and workout!

pjkdreamer
07-14-2003, 10:19 AM
Carri,

Walking Away The Pounds by Leslie Sansone, I got a pkg of three tapes each a mile long:at Walmart for about $27.00 dollars, called WATP for abs, and you get a resistance belt with it. if you cant use the belt it is still a good workout, and it is only about 15 mins actual walking and cooling down time! It tracks your progress and shows when you have reached 1/2 mile, etc. It is low impact, good for me especially since my body has started slowly coming back to life!! Today is the beginning of my 2nd wk. I think you will enjoy them. Many of the Ladies here talked about them, so thought I would give it a try. I am glad I did...it beats getting out in the heat....a/c feels goooood!

hope that helps, and you keep at it!:strong:

Satine
07-14-2003, 10:27 AM
Pam - I actually have those on DVD, I have the walk away the pounds 1,2, and 3 miles...I only used them for about a week because I got a treadmill but now I am thinking that I will switch off between the two, I did get the stretchy thing and I think that it does help with the arm toning which is what I need right now, and I especially need stomach toning but I guess sit ups is about all I can do for that, who knows...

Carri

mugirl213
07-14-2003, 11:09 AM
Hey guys!

Pam - Just and FYI, I was researching the WATP for abs tapes and wanted to buy just the 2 mile one and the belt. I looked on ebay for it and read reviews on Amazon. They suggest reinforcing the straps that come out from the belt, as they are prone to breakage. Some said they used electrical tape just at the base to give them extra strength. I guess some people were just too strong! :fr:

As for points, I kinda forgot myself over the weekend. Had some McD's :cbg: yesterday, some chicken salad on Sat., Ice cream sundaes, you name it. But...I get a point for hitting the gym for cardio for 25 minutes! I was thrilled that I managed to go so long! My friend and I got up early today to get to the gym by 7:45 and that was OK. Got all my leg workouts in plus 15 min of cardio, which I am disappointed with, but...oh well.

Sooo what else...Oh Faye! I LOVED Pirates of the Caribbean. I am addicted to Johnny Depp so as it is, but in this movie, he was just...phenomenal :love: :love: :love: you could really tell he was having fun acting.

Anyway, my two guys? Yes, still two. Tho I had a knock-down/drag-out with #2 on Friday night. I'm getting to my wits end I think with him...I just need to get myselfa new job so I don't have to see him every day once we do break up. I can't handle that i think. I'm just not feeling very strong right now with my indepence.:o

I've also noticed lately that I need to make myself more conscious of what I'm eating. I think I'm gonna try fitday again, but like I said, I kept getting funky values from it, so I'm kinda like...should I? shouldn't I? And I don't know if I've lost any weight from my now WEEK at the gym. Yes, a week! But...I'm feeling a little better...so...that's all that matters!:strong: :jig: :cb: :dancer: :dance:

Anyway, that's all for now. I'm chugging water as we speak so hopefully that will help me out a bit today!

Mwah!

Love,

pjkdreamer
07-14-2003, 11:16 AM
Missy,

Hi, thanks for the tip about the belts. I am not using it right now, just doing movements without them, may try and incorporate the bands soon, belt doesnt fit yet!! but it will. maybe adjustable not sure, nonetheless, I AM NOT LETTING THAT STOP ME!:strong:

Got to get off of here and go do some house work..joy!! but at least I will be moving!!!:D

check in with you later girlies!:lol: :wave: :jig: :cb: :dance: :dancer:

gma22
07-14-2003, 12:13 PM
Looks like everyone came out to play while I was in the pool!

Missy: YOU GET A : :flow2: for your point. You didn't say about water so if you got a point for water, let me know and I will change it! Did you like Chocolat? That was an unusual film but I liked it. Course who couldn't with all that candy and stuff! Judi Dench played a great cranky old lady in that. The only one I cannot and will not watch again is What's Eating Gilbert Grape? That is a heart wrenching movie and hits too close to home in some aspects.

Carri: Did you say you have WATP on dvd? I have a vcr in my bedroom, but the cables have disappeared and I haven't been anywhere to replace them yet and my DVD is downstairs. I would like something for backup when it rains and I can't get to the mall to walk either.

I should get going. I am sitting here eating breakfast (blackberry yogurt) and my bottle of water and need to get into the shower before my skin peels off from the clorine! :lol:

Talk later girls!

Faye

Satine
07-14-2003, 12:23 PM
Faye, yeah they are on DVD and I bought them off of her website, you can order them right on line, it did not take very long to get them either...here is the site

http://www.lesliesansone.com/

Hi, everyone!

Carri

skribbles
07-14-2003, 01:25 PM
Good morning ladies :)

I wanted to say thank you for your welcome. I think you all are great and i enjoy reading your posts. I find weekends sometimes are hard.. hard in the eating ways and also sometimes hard to get on hear to post.. always busy. this weekend i had a wedding to go to and a bbq so i was way off my points and totally off program.. thats one thing i wish i could control.. it seems like if its way to much work to behave i sorta just say the heck with it but then after i feel guilty as heck... so today i started off good. Mondays are like a new beginning. I had my 5 point breakfast and went for a 30 min walk. right now im gonna go and do some painting. (im redo'n my daughters room) so i'll be back later. also ty for that site carri, i checked out the walking videos i think im gonna order one they look great.

peekabooangel
07-14-2003, 01:47 PM
OMG, I thought I had gone somewhere else on the web. I have to check this new stuff out when I get a sec. I actually had to sign in and that took forever, I almost forgot my password, had to try a couple different things...lol

I'm at work doing okay today. Water is so so....food is good so far and no time for exercise yet....

Just wanted to let you all know I was reading and I am around...

Hugs,
PEEK:hyper:

gma22
07-14-2003, 09:11 PM
DO NOT POST HERE, BUT COME SEE US AT #11