Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 01-20-2014, 06:29 PM   #1  
300+ Chick

Thumbs up Nutri-Bullet

My working sis gotten me and for family the Nutri Bullet for Christmas and since then been making and drinking healthy smoothies...and doing wonders with my efforts!! I just LOVE IT!!....I am getting fruits/veggies in in a thick,creamy shakes and now am hooked on it...My mom and disabled sis will have it in the summer.

Does anyone else have it and helping with thier weight loss efforts?
Liliann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 06:55 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 321/see ticker/175

Height: 5'3

i love mine too. it helps with my delicious green monster smoothies when I'm starving.
Mission Fat to Fab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 07:12 PM   #3  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

Ohh, I'm envious! Lucky you. I have the magic bullet, love it!!! I've been hinting that I want a nutri-bullet but no luck so far. Once my magic bullet bites the dust, I'm most definitely buying myself one!

Not only smoothies, I have used it to purée soups and sauces, easier to clean than my big blender and sometimes the immersion blender just doesn't make it silky smooth, ya know?

I agree that it has been helping me to be able to get in more fruits and veggies especially with the easy clean up too so in turn, it helps me stay on track and lose.
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 11:19 AM   #4  
300+ Chick

Smile

Thanks for the response....Glad to hear some folks has it or will be getting it...My favorite smoothie is banana,peanut butter,,,For me, its like an energy booster!!So yummy!! Now am having fun cutting up fruits and freeze them..it makes it thicker and creamy. My second is yams,,spinach and banana smoothie!! I always have 2 smoothies a day!!

Enjoy and stay healthy!!
Old 01-21-2014, 08:49 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 233/see ticker/130

Height: 5'4"

My favorite breakfast smoothie

1 cup unsweetened almond milk
1 cup baby spinach
1 small frozen banana (less than 6 inches, cut in half)
1/2 cup of pineapple

My favorite night time snack smoothie

1 cup of unsweet almond milk
1 cup baby spinach
1 frozen banana
1 tablespoon of coco powder

I have played around with other fruits such as berries, apples, peaches and mangos. All delicious! I replace breakfast with the smoothie and when I feel like I need chocolate, I have the snack smoothie depending on how many calories i've had for the day. Good luck! I get a lot of my smoothie recipes from Pinterest.
seaurchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 03:15 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 198/155/140

Height: 5'9"

Smoothie I'm drinking right now- 4 ice cubes, scoop of vanilla protein powder, teaspoon of chia seeds, 2 tablespoons of canned Libby's pumpkin, 1/2 banana, dash of pumpkin spice, couple of drops of vanilla extract and almond extract. Delicious and filling. Been drinking this is a substitute for pumpkin pie cravings.

walmart is great for the frozen fruits... big bag of frozen strawberries is $8. they also have blueberries, mixed berries and a couple of other mixed fruits with no sugar and nothing else added to them.
ringmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 03:36 PM   #7  
One with the Wind and Sky

S/C/G: 360/246/150

Height: 5' 8"

I started making smoothies on my Magic Bullet and eventually graduated to my NutriBullet.

I'll buy a huge bag of blueberries, mixed frozen fruit (peaches, pineapple, strawberries, and mango), and unsweetened cranberries from Sam's Club, and I'll chop up veggies (typically cucumbers and baby carrots). I measure out a cup of them all mixed and store each portion in its own Ziploc bag in the freezer, that way I can just quickly grab a bag when it's time for breakfast. Lately I've also added a pitted date to each bag, and sometimes I add spinach too.

When it's time to blend them, I add a teaspoon of chia seeds, a scoop of vanilla protein powder, stevia, some cinnamon, a couple of ice cubes, and various diet juices (that are very low in sugar) or prune juice, if needed. Sometimes I also add a little plain greek yogurt. Once it's blended smooth I add a small handful of nuts to stir in to get more omega 3's; while the smoothie is thick and creamy, I like to have something to chew on when I eat it.

I also try different fruit (like pumpkin!) but this has been my go-to for a while. It has been an enormous help with losing the last 50 pounds, and helped ensure I was getting some good nutrition while pregnant.

Last edited by Elladorine; 01-28-2014 at 03:43 PM.
Elladorine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 12:38 PM   #8  
300+ Chick

Smile

Thank you all for sharing your smoothie tips...Next I will try to get the chia seeds. and try on future smoothies..The pumpkin sounds yummy as well!! Again, Thanks!!
Old 01-29-2014, 01:34 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 191/171/153 now 185/185/155

Height: 5'3"

I have the nutria-bullet. I love it! I use the big cup to make a large fruit/spinach smoothie in the mornings and drink half for breakfast and the other half for lunch. I fill 2/3 with baby spinach, 1/3 frozen fruit and 70 calories worth of plain greek yogurt (I weigh everything). I also add a bit of splenda if the smoothie is too bitter.
ImImportant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 01:04 PM   #10  

I use my nutribullet, too! I recently made cauliflower mashed potatoes and they were quite good. I also make a green smoothie every morning with 2 cups of spinach and 1 mango ready made w/water.
emceeahura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 02:36 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

My little one drinks smoothies when it's not freezing out

I always put 1T chia seeds in about a cup of almond milk overnight. In the morning I add that, frozen fruit, and a handful of spinach. The peanut butter with frozen banana (chia, almond milk, spinach) is my favorite to taste test.
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 11:03 AM   #12  

I also have the nutribullet. Love it. Easier to clean than a blender and significantly cheaper than a Vitamix- just hope it has long term staying power and doesn't break or burn out.
Coachadaml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 02:36 PM   #13  

I have nutri bullet too. We have it in our house because we love making smoothies. Fruit and vegetable smoothies are delicious and healthy it can also helps us to lose weight by substituting your unhealthy food to healthy smoothies. You can drink your smoothies whenever your hungry instead of eating fatty foods.
alexhanney08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 08:03 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 291/ticker/154

Height: 5'7"

Coachadaml, I've had the same nutribullet for about 2 years now and I use it almost daily. So far it's still producing great results, though I may need to get a new blade soon as the plastic seal ring inside has started to separate.
LesMillsLuvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 05:54 PM   #15  
anndeezzz

S/C/G: 237/235/175

Height: 5'8"

I got the magic bullet. Is there a difference? Also bought the ninja thingy for larger mixes. Use a juicer too. Love the frozen berries with Greek yogurts and greens.
anndeezzz is offline   Reply With Quote