Old 01-18-2014, 09:48 AM   #1  
heavenleighstar

S/C/G: 332/320/220

Height: 5'4

Default One Week At A Time

Hello all I count calories and have been doing so since September 2013. Calorie counting is great and I love it. I dont feel deprived at all. But that also can be a problem. Ive read that when u calorie count u eat basically anything u want as long as its within calorie range and still lose. Well I want to but that theory to a test. Starting today I am going to cut out sweets like cookies, chocolate, biscuits and candy of any kind and replace them with fruits and veggies. Im still going to eat whole wheat bread and my normal snacks like 100 calorie granola bars but limit them to 1 or 2 a day.. ect. Bc they are high in fiber and low cal. But that is also whole foods no fast food. I just want to see if that will change my weekly weight loss which right now is kind of slow 1-2lbs a week. Im also starting to work out in baby steps.. i found this 7 min workout app that I will do this week as well. So that is my own personal challenge for this week. If anyone else wants to chime in feel free. I will post on here daily my progress for a week..maybe longer if it works.

Last edited by skinnyki; 01-19-2014 at 04:05 AM.
skinnyki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 05:17 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 174.2/148.6/145

Height: 5'7"

As a scientist my first reaction is to say your cannot test a theory and also add additional exercise and get an accurate result to your theory. Sorry, that was the first thing that jumped out at me. I personal just do calories in calories out. The issue with that is that you don't get to eat as much if your calories come from sweets rather than fruits and veggies, but I love that I can choose.

Good luck,
Angela
diamond_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 06:09 PM   #3  
heavenleighstar

Diamond girl I know u are right. I was thinking that when I was typing the word theory but I will still cut back on sweets and do the work out. Hey if I lose more than it is a win win. So im not going to take that out but thanks for your input.

Last edited by skinnyki; 01-18-2014 at 06:11 PM.
Old 01-19-2014, 01:53 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 228/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'8

Best of luck!
I try to limit carbs and fats as much as I can. I can't say I'm clean eating but I'm eating pretty well. 1-2lbs per week is good, safe and healthy but cutting the sweets and adding exercise in is as well You'll probably feel a lot better, even if the scale moves at the same pace
Paisleymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 12:39 PM   #5  
heavenleighstar

Down a lb. I am sure it is not bc of the no sweets thing. But hey u never know I now it didnt hurt I will just see if my weight loss is the same this week as lasr week.
Old 01-25-2014, 07:50 AM   #6  
heavenleighstar

Well my week theory is shot. I havent weighed myself bc of TOM and I havent done well on the no sweet tging yesterday I had a brownie cookie thing at taco bell that was 400 calories but so yummy! I have to admit. Lol oh well today is a new day. So I will put my first effort and try not to have sweets today beside my skinny cow icecream I wont be too hard on myself self. It happens. All I can do is move on. And try to make better choices today.
Old 01-25-2014, 10:55 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 174.2/148.6/145

Height: 5'7"

That's it, one day (or two) won't kill you. TOM is bad because those sweet craving are a beast. Good luck
diamond_girl is offline   Reply With Quote