Mini-Goals - My mini goal

View Full Version : My mini goal

Debbyd1959
01-17-2014, 12:39 PM
I started on Monday January 13, 2013. I weighed 233. My goal is to lose 6 pounds by Monday 20,2013.

In 2004 I had gastric bypass. My weight the day of surgery was 301. I just have not been able to get past 230. My long term goal is 150. I know that I may be setting myself up for a failure and I just need to think really hard about that number.

I feel like I am not in control. I want to be in charge. I need to really think long and hard about the long term goal. But for now, I going to set for myself small goals.

:carrot:

ValerieAnne
01-17-2014, 01:13 PM
Hello and welcome! I don't know about that goal (if I'm reading right it's only a week). I'm sure it can be done, but 6 lbs seems like an awfully lot in a week (that could just be me though). I think your end goal weight is doable, but that you shouldn't give yourself such short amounts of time too reach each goal. I think as long as you have it in your head what your goal weight is and work towards that, you'll be fine. Good luck on your mini goal!! Keep us updated.

arerefngela
01-17-2014, 05:16 PM
Starting 1-20-14 workout everyday
Cardio 30 minutes
Weights Every other day
eat right.

I've been eating a little better but working out is so hard for me. Wish me luck, i need all the support I can get.

I will post daily on how I'm doing. If anyone wants to join the 7 day challenge feel free.

Debbyd1959
01-17-2014, 05:40 PM
Okay, I think you are right 6 pounds is unreasonable and I am doing what I always do and that is set myself up to fail. So, I will make the goal to be 3 pounds and to make it the first week.

I went to the pool. I exercised very hard. I am so proud of myself.

Debbyd1959
01-20-2014, 08:26 AM
:) Well I made my 7 day challenge of 3 pounds +2 for a total of 5 pounds. So I am very thankful.

I am going to my dr's office and then it will be off to the pool. I can't wait to get in that pool. I am going to get the small weights again. These are deceiving little weights. They are made of styrofoam, I think, but when you pull them through the water, they get so heavy.

I am pleased with this week.