Mini-Goals - NSV someone asked if I had gastric bypass

diamondgeog
01-15-2014, 01:31 PM
I took it as a compliment. Also saw my father in law over the holidays. He hadn't seen me in about 4 years. He couldn't stop raving about how I looked.

Have people at work virtually every day saying how good I look. It is funny that it took around 45 or so lbs for people to really start commenting. I think that is when it just came all out of my face.

I swear one 5 lb chunk was all my face.

Anyhow it is nice. Now to 220...a longtime goal which will be a mini-goal when I get there and then downward and downward.

IdealProteinNewbie
01-15-2014, 05:13 PM
Haha yes, my gynecologist asked if I had weight loss surgery during my last visit!

watchoutforthatcar
01-15-2014, 05:40 PM
Isn't it great! I've had so many people at work come up to me recently telling me how great I look and that I've lost so much weight. Can't imagine what it's going to be like when I get down in the 100s.

Mozzy
02-06-2014, 01:59 PM
Yay!!!

mainecyn
02-06-2014, 02:32 PM
I took it as a compliment. Also saw my father in law over the holidays. He hadn't seen me in about 4 years. He couldn't stop raving about how I looked.

Have people at work virtually every day saying how good I look. It is funny that it took around 45 or so lbs for people to really start commenting. I think that is when it just came all out of my face.

I swear one 5 lb chunk was all my face.

Anyhow it is nice. Now to 220...a longtime goal which will be a mini-goal when I get there and then downward and downward.

Congratulations, you have worked very hard I am sure. I had to comment because several years ago I had the same issue at work. There was a rumor going around that I had surgery to drop weight as well. I also noticed back then that I had to drop close to 40 lbs as well for people to really notice I had lost. Or, to drop pant sizes.

Haha yes, my gynecologist asked if I had weight loss surgery during my last visit!

LOL

TooWicky
02-06-2014, 03:36 PM
If my friends and co-workers didn't see me on a daily basis, and didn't see how/what I eat, they, too, might toss out the gastric bypass comment, lol, congratulations! I think when we've lost such a large number as far as weight (ex: 70+ lbs,) it is higher numerically than most people can even imagine someone losing, so they naturally think surgical help.

buddha belly
02-08-2014, 01:44 PM
Actually when some people from another office saw me after about 6 months, when I had lost almost 50 lbs, they asked whether I was trying to lose weight or had I been ill.

diamondgeog
02-09-2014, 04:46 PM
My wife told me at Thanksgiving her niece was afraid to say how much better I was looking because she thought it might have been from an illness. I have gotten that a few other times.

Terra1984
02-12-2014, 08:44 PM
Congrats on the NSV

yoyoma
02-13-2014, 06:25 AM
Congratulations! :)

mars735
02-13-2014, 07:43 AM
Isn't it great! I've had so many people at work come up to me recently telling me how great I look and that I've lost so much weight. Can't imagine what it's going to be like when I get down in the 100s.

That's fantastic! Congratulations :cp::cb::bravo: