General Diet Plans and Questions - Apple Shaped......

View Full Version : Apple Shaped......

Palm Bay, Granny
07-09-2003, 11:24 AM
Like to hear from ladies (or gentlemen) who are Apple shaped and are losing weight. Seems to be a little harder than normal. Any opinions on this?

Venetia

gma22
07-09-2003, 03:30 PM
According to my dietician I am apple shaped, but considering how much wider I am at the bottom I don't see how. To answer your question though. No, I have not had problems losing weight, nor problems seeing it, but it is coming off my tush slower than anywhere else. Hope you have lots of success!

Faye

aphil
07-10-2003, 09:42 AM
I am not apple shaped-I am hourglass-big boobs, big butt and thighs, smaller waist-but I don't think that it is HARDER to lose weight if you are a certain body type-you just have different problem areas. Apples usually have great legs, and hourglasses and pears usually have nicer waists and upper bodies, while our problem area is our buns and thighs. You just have to accentuate your good points and work extra hard on your problem areas.
gma2gone-you can still be an apple shape even if you have a larger behind, even though they are usually notorious for having "no butts." :lol:
You are an apple if you have most of your fat stored in your tummy, chest area (I don't mean the breasts, you can be an apple with small ones, I mean your whole chest and back area is usually heavier) and in your shoulders and upper arms. Apples usually do not have a defined waist.
Aphil

Daisynyc
07-13-2003, 08:19 PM
I have read articles suggesting that people who are apple-shaped have a tendency toward insulin resistance. Insulin resistance definitely makes it harder to lose weight, so there could very well be a connection for you. Hope this helps.

QuilterInVA
07-16-2003, 03:18 PM
I am insulin resistant and very successful at losing weight on the LOWER carb higher protein plan my RDA put me on. Insulin resistence can turn into diabetes so you really need to cut the junk and sweets and refined carbs to 0.