Exercise! - Going to be a gym rat yet!

View Full Version : Going to be a gym rat yet!

Navywife12
01-13-2014, 10:22 PM
Hello everyone! I'm new but I started 12 days ago a new gym routine. I go to the gym everyday and burn at least 500 cals a day. So far it's going good and it's making me become more aware of what I put into my mouth. I'm excited to see what everyone else does for exercise to incorporate into my daily so I don't get burnt out. My husband is deployed so every workout I get in I have 2 little mini me's tagging along :D

tefrey
01-14-2014, 12:39 AM
That's awesome!

Hopefully your gym has a daycare component!

And you are smart to want to shake things up periodically! Lots of people are content to do the same thing at the gym day after day, but others of us really do get burnt out. Not to mention that there is no one exercise that will burn tons of fat and tone each and every muscle ... it takes a mix to keep things balanced.

As for me, I've been ramping up my exercise as I lose weight. So at first I had to be somewhat gentle for about 30 minutes but now I am running and using the elliptical and lifting weights, etc. for around an hour.

I would be swimming too but my suit doesn't fit anymore, and I am hoping to get just a little bit smaller before I buy a new one, ha ha.

Chardonnay
01-15-2014, 10:30 PM
I've become a gym rat too, it's a wonderful thing :)

The only thing I notice is that I get terribly sore knees if I do too much cardio - this is due to an old skiing accident, I get so "gung-ho" and never want to stop working out...but I have to be careful of my body and its limits. My routine is M-W: 45-60 minutes of cardio and stretch, then T-TH-Sat 45 minutes cardio, full weight-training routine, ab workout and stretch. I'm lucky to have a gym that is basically empty from 10am-noon most days. My daily reward is 15 minutes in the sauna. The only times I burn out is when I overdo the same cardio machines, like if I do the elliptical every day. The key for me is to change machines often.

I took up hula hooping at home when my knees got really bad, BOY, that is a workout! Try going over a minute lol! I still love the old Jane Fonda videos too, if you have the room :) And on YouTube, I found some belly dancing workouts, those were kind of cool, made me feel very womanly lol... But I still prefer the gym.

Keep it up, be a proud gym rat! :)