Looking Good, Feeling Great - Any hair pros out there?

View Full Version : Any hair pros out there?

Leaves
01-11-2014, 06:48 AM
So, my hair is naturally a mousey brown sort of colour, and I'd like it to be more of a honey blonde. I've tried just putting a blonde dye on it, which does lighten a little but it's very coppery!

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I might get the colour I want, without forking out a huge salon fee? I only want my hair a couple of shades lighter- I've been looking into home highlighting and home bleaching kits, but I feel like bleaching would be a bit extreme! But I don't know, maybe it needs it.

Thanks guys! :)

elvislover324
01-11-2014, 04:06 PM
Hi Leaves :)

I'm not able to color my hair because of my meds for cancer and my diet (I already have so many bald spots and the thinnest hair ever now :( ).

My hair is coming in darker and grayer than ever (BOO!) so I had to get something at the drugstore to try and give me some life back in my hair.

I have been using John Frieda's Blonde Spray (here is a link to it http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?productId=xlsImpprod3120531). I love it and it's so easy, just spray, blowdry and go. I got carried away with it one week and got really light really quick so I cut back.

I hope that helps you! It's only about $9 so it's worth a try. :)

Jacqui_D
01-11-2014, 10:43 PM
I have dishwater blonde hair naturally and color it lighter. Honey blonde turns my hair a strawberry blonde color. To keep the reddish hue out, I use light ash blonde.

Psychic
01-23-2014, 10:06 AM
Perhaps you could try cheap and non-chemical based lightening? I've used it and it works.

Try brewing some really strong chamomile tea and then use it as a rinse in your hair. Let it soak on your head (preferably with a plastic cap) for an hour or so. It lasts for a couple of weeks.

You can also darken your hair with black tea in the same way. Its noticeable enough that my mom asked me if I dyed my hair.

I've also hear lemon juice will help lighten your hair, but I'm not sure if the acid would damage your hair or not.