100 lb. Club - 100 day challenge anyone?!?

View Full Version : 100 day challenge anyone?!?

saltyphoenix
01-10-2014, 08:22 PM
I recently saw an amazing woman's story of how she decided to go to the gym every day for 100 days (she then extended her challenge to 365 days). After just 100 days there were real changes in her body but, more importantly, her mind!!!

I'm planning to challenge myself to move my body intentionally for 100 days for a minimum of 15 minutes per day. Anyone with me?

I plan to start on Wednesday, January 15th but you can start any time!

:carrot:

Slimjem
01-11-2014, 11:11 AM
I just searched and found the video...what an inspiration! I'm in too! :cheer:

ainslie
01-11-2014, 03:19 PM
Ooh. This sounds like fun. Count me in too.

livcarter
01-11-2014, 03:44 PM
I'm in too. I want to get at minimum 20 minutes of exercise a day.

ainslie
01-11-2014, 09:57 PM
I went skating today. Although I didn't time it, was at least 15min.

jitterfish
01-13-2014, 03:30 AM
I really need to do this. I quit the gym last year because work got too crazy, plus I have two pre-schoolers and I was also studying so time was minimal. Since then I have really fallen out of any good exercise habits and become totally lazy.

Anyone got a good idea how to track this?

CaliforniaDreamer
01-13-2014, 06:12 AM
I saw that video too.

I've already planned out a few goals for myself so I'll put them into this challenge. I want to lose 30 lbs in two months. I started today doing Jillian Michaels Banish fat boost metabolism, I could only get through 20 minutes but my challenge is to get through the entire 55 minutes without stopping by the end of the first two months.

The 100 day goes through most of my second goal so by the end of this challenge I want complete the banish fat boost metabolism, lose 30 lbs, start a new work out video, then lose 10 more lbs. So 40 lbs in total.

Hopefully I can do it.

LaurieDawn
01-13-2014, 09:46 AM
I am in! I believe in rest days from really heavy work-outs, but I think even on "rest days," some walking might be in order. 100 days it is.

saltyphoenix
01-13-2014, 10:06 PM
Woo hoo!

I'm in the middle of a 2-day road trip to get home after a long holiday vacation when I get back I'll post a longer response. Just too tough to do on my phone! :)

So glad you're joining me! Getting ready to get moving in t-minus-2 days!!! My plan is to do an actual workout 3-4 times a week to start (I used to work out a lot but have completely stopped so I need to build back slowly) and on off days I'm going to do a non-vigorous walk and/or stretching/yoga. I've been trying to find a yoga video (DVD or online) that's do-able for a heavy person who is a true beginner! Any ideas?

crazycurls
01-14-2014, 12:57 AM
Hey everyone! I've not posted in, well I don't know when the last time I posted. I want to join this challenge.

Saltyphoenix, the biggest loser has a weight loss yoga DVD that's pretty good.

skinnyki
01-14-2014, 05:13 AM
Hey all I would like to join this challenge! I really need to add exercise as part of my plan. So as a start I am going to challenge myself to exercise everyday for 100 days with the 7 minute work out app. I will adjust my ticker to track my 7 min a day. Thats 700 mins! I will start today. Im excited! Great idea I love it!

Radiojane
01-14-2014, 01:53 PM
Love! Will start tomorrow!

saltyphoenix
01-14-2014, 08:50 PM
Yay! More people joining! I'm so glad!

Feel free to post your accomplishment here each day. But listen...sometimes life just gets real and things happen so if ANY of us fall of the wagon, let's agree to post here anyway so we can all rally around each other and then START OVER! Because falling off the wagon for a day won't make a darn bit of difference. But falling off for a year (or more!) just might!

saltyphoenix
01-14-2014, 08:54 PM
Anyone got a good idea how to track this?

Jitterfish - we can post here to track and/or there is a website you can join where you can track your accomplishments. This forum won't let me post links yet because I haven't been a member long enough but it's : give it 100 dot com

ainslie
01-14-2014, 09:19 PM
Ok so yesterday I did a weight routine at gym and today I ran on the elliptical machine. Both took about 40 min

saltyphoenix
01-14-2014, 09:27 PM
YAYYY ainslie!!! GO GIRL!!!

skinnyki
01-15-2014, 08:25 AM
Day 2 with the 7 min workout. I am really out of shape worked up a sweat and everything. .baby steps but it is better than nothing!

Slashnl
01-15-2014, 12:25 PM
Yay! More people joining! I'm so glad!

Feel free to post your accomplishment here each day. But listen...sometimes life just gets real and things happen so if ANY of us fall of the wagon, let's agree to post here anyway so we can all rally around each other and then START OVER! Because falling off the wagon for a day won't make a darn bit of difference. But falling off for a year (or more!) just might!

I like the attitude here! I'd like to join too. I will start today, too. I didn't go to the gym, because I'm so stinking sore, but I'll get a walk in before the end of the day!!

Great idea!

lotsakids
01-15-2014, 12:31 PM
I'll join! I walk about 6 days a week already. I'm going to add

20 + __ squats a day working up to 100

20 seconds + ___ plank a day working up to 3 minutes.

I take a rest day on Sunday from my walking but I will do the squats and planking.

Loved the video! Very inspiring!

ainslie
01-15-2014, 04:32 PM
Just finished a weight workout. I feel great.

saltyphoenix
01-15-2014, 09:41 PM
How is everyone doing???

I managed to do 16 minutes of a workout video despite a truly hectic day. If it weren't for this challenge I definitely wouldn't have gotten any exercise in! It wasn't much but it was for sure better than nothing! :D

saltyphoenix
01-16-2014, 11:59 AM
40 minutes workout video today! It wasn't easy...I'm way out of shape and had to modify some of the moves because I don't want to overdo it the first week and hurt myself!

I also kinda just "remembered" that I had a baby less than 6 months ago AND was on bed rest for 6 weeks before he was born. So I was really doing n-o-t-h-i-n-g as far as exercise (I was on bed rest due to high bp so activity was out of the question). So in addition to that fact that I'm carrying around at least 100 extra pounds, I've just been so low on the activity that isn't no freaking wonder I have no energy and feel tired all the time. Gotta keep moving!!!

:carrot: <---- seriously, my favorite smiley. apologies if he shows up in every post of mine!!!

Slashnl
01-16-2014, 12:28 PM
Went walking around our pasture last night, avoiding snow and wet spots. Without this challenge, I know I wouldn't have done it. This morning I went to Body Pump, a 50 minute weight lifting class. 2 for 2! Yay!

saltyphoenix
01-16-2014, 06:45 PM
Went walking around our pasture last night, avoiding snow and wet spots. Without this challenge, I know I wouldn't have done it. This morning I went to Body Pump, a 50 minute weight lifting class. 2 for 2! Yay!

So awesome...gotta love a challenge to keep it up!

Slashnl
01-17-2014, 02:20 PM
So awesome...gotta love a challenge to keep it up!

Yeah, I was telling someone about it, that I needed to make sure I got some exercise in over the weekend since I'm in the challenge. They said, "So, what do you win?" Hmm. Nothing materialistic.... Well, I guess you do win, but the challenge is better for me to keep going.

Went to spin class this morning. Now the weekend is a challenge for me to not be sluggish. :)

livcarter
01-17-2014, 02:59 PM
So I haven't been checking into this thread daily but I'm going to start. I started my 100 days Monday and so far I've done 4 days in a row of an hour of exercise.

saltyphoenix
01-17-2014, 03:56 PM
Slashnl - Too funny...I'm so used to seeing these "challenges" that I would never even think to ask what you win! But yes, we DO win something!

livcarter - An hour each day...so awesome! Also, love your avatar! My husband is a big spy vs. spy fan and he and his friend actually went as them last Halloween! :)

Did 45 minutes of a workout video today...3 days done!

lotsakids
01-17-2014, 04:51 PM
yesterday I walked 6 miles (with Leslie Sansone) and did 50 squats

today I've walked 6 miles on the treadmill and I've done 25 squats, I will do another set after dinner.

saltyphoenix
01-17-2014, 10:32 PM
yesterday I walked 6 miles (with Leslie Sansone) and did 50 squats

today I've walked 6 miles on the treadmill and I've done 25 squats, I will do another set after dinner.

AWESOME!!! :cheer2:

Does Leslie have a 6-mile video??? Please let me know!

pjnbrook2
01-18-2014, 02:58 AM
I would love to do this challenge with you. I am on day 3. I started on Jan16. I guess for me it will go until approx 04/26. So are you up to this. I'm ready let's go.

saltyphoenix
01-18-2014, 10:06 AM
I would love to do this challenge with you. I am on day 3. I started on Jan16. I guess for me it will go until approx 04/26. So are you up to this. I'm ready let's go.

Welcome, pjnbrook!!! What are you planning to do?

pjnbrook2
01-18-2014, 11:14 AM
I am doing water aerobics, zumba, walking, ellipitical. I am also changing my diet, trying to eat less carbs. Any suggestions.

saltyphoenix
01-18-2014, 03:56 PM
I am doing water aerobics, zumba, walking, ellipitical. I am also changing my diet, trying to eat less carbs. Any suggestions.

All good stuff...less carbs is ok but I believe most important thing is to eat whole grain carbs (brown rice, whole wheat bread, beans, etc.)...glad to have you!

Slashnl
01-19-2014, 09:53 AM
Still on track! I went walking around the park yesterday, it was a nice day! I know that without this challenge, I wouldn't have done that. I usually hit it hard during the week with spin class and body pump and then rested on the weekends, but with this challenge, a nice walk has become a great idea!!!

Glad to see everyone is doing well!!

saltyphoenix
01-19-2014, 09:45 PM
Oops...forgot to post my workout yesterday. Did 54 minutes workout video yesterday and 20 minutes outdoor walk today.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!!!

ridita001
01-20-2014, 06:22 AM
Hi,

I am new in the forum, loved each of the threads that I checked till now and this is one of the threads in which I want to post regularly. I am a short girl with 5'2 height and I weigh 134.5 Ibs and my goal is 110 Ibs.

I am intending to walk, run, do some cardio and eat healthy. Hope to be inspired by you all :)

Thanks.

Mission Fat to Fab
01-20-2014, 07:48 AM
I'm starting today but mine is going to be focused on clean eating as i'm already working out 5-6 times a week - 4 days training with my PT and i've started playing squash again with my dad twice a week.

I'm going to be posting pics and progress pics on my instagram and twitter accounts - MissionFat2Fab - feel free to follow on both and i'll follow back :-)

Slashnl
01-20-2014, 12:40 PM
Ok, I missed a day. Dang it. I didn't do anything yesterday. My shins were aching from the day before (must have been the shoes I was wearing when I walked on Saturday), and I didn't make the time to go for another walk. But, I'm moving on.

I went to Spin class this morning. It was so hard! But, I'm glad I made it there.

ainslie
01-20-2014, 07:34 PM
I went away for weekend on thursday. Although I guess cleaning my car out could count as activity. It was like a mini episode of hoarders. Took like an hour to do. No exercise on Friday. Saturday I went skating for an hour. No exercise yesterday, traveling home. Today I did my weight routine at the gym.

saltyphoenix
01-20-2014, 08:36 PM
ridita001 and Mission Fat to Fab - WELCOME!!!

Slashnl - such is life! glad you're moving on and still posting. tomorrow is always another day!

ainslie - cleaning can definitely be a workout!!!

I did 54 minutes of a workout video today, although my left ankle/outer shin area was killing me! It's always a problem...I've tried strengthening exercises but nothing seems to help. Maybe it will just take losing weight...we shall see.

Slashnl
01-21-2014, 01:02 PM
Good job, Salty! That sounds like a tough video!!

I went to Body Pump this morning. It was hard, but better than last week. That's encouraging.

saltyphoenix
01-21-2014, 09:20 PM
I went to Body Pump this morning. It was hard, but better than last week. That's encouraging.

Great work!!!

I did 45 minutes of a Zumba video today.

Slashnl
01-22-2014, 12:27 PM
45 minutes of spin today! It was exceptionally hard today for some reason. Just sayin.

Calypso214
01-22-2014, 10:48 PM
I just found this post...count me in starting tomorrow morning. 30 minutes a day. Walking, pool jogging, water aerobics...depending on mood.

Slashnl
01-23-2014, 12:41 PM
Did not make it to the gym this morning, so I'm going to find some time after work to walk.

Calypso214
01-23-2014, 02:00 PM
Did my 30 minutes on the treadmill. Day one...down! 99 more (at least) to go! :-)

saltyphoenix
01-24-2014, 03:00 PM
Eek! It's been a crazy few days and I haven't posted. But I HAVE been working out!

Wednesday - 45 minute Zumba video
Thursday - 54 minute walking video
Today - 54 minute walking video

Keep it up!!!

Calypso214
01-24-2014, 08:59 PM
Yay, Saltyphoenix! I did my 30 minutes today on the treadmill...but, it doesn't sound half as much fun as Zumba! I've never done it...but, love to dance...so, may get a DVD to switch things up a bit! Gotta keep moving! :-)

saltyphoenix
01-27-2014, 09:54 AM
Yay, Saltyphoenix! I did my 30 minutes today on the treadmill...but, it doesn't sound half as much fun as Zumba! I've never done it...but, love to dance...so, may get a DVD to switch things up a bit! Gotta keep moving! :-)

The Zumba videos are definitely challenging...but fun too!

Saturday I did 40 minutes of a workout video and yesterday was my "off day"...15 minutes of light stretching/easy yoga!

Happy Monday everyone!

saltyphoenix
01-28-2014, 12:43 PM
Yesterday: 40 minutes kickbox dance video

Today: 52 minutes kickbox video

livcarter
02-19-2014, 02:56 PM
It looks like this thread died out but I would really like to do the 100 day challenge so I'm going to start daily posting here. Right now I usually go to the gym at least an hour 4-5 times a week but I would like to start getting at least 20 minutes of cardio in on the other 2 or 3 non-gym days.

livcarter
02-20-2014, 12:24 AM
Ok, day 1 complete. I did an hour of cardio and some interval training.

livcarter
02-20-2014, 10:23 PM
Day 2 complete! 20 minutes on the ARC and 20 minutes on the stationary bike.