Weight Loss Support - Getting Out of the 150s - all ages and diets welcome

Pages : [1] 2 3

vix
01-10-2014, 01:43 PM
Hi everyone!!

I was just in the 160s thread for all ages and diets and then struggled to find much activity on any threads for those in the 150s so I thought I would start a new thread for anyone who finds themselves in the same place as me.

The idea is to just share weigh-ins, NSVs, concerns, advice etc with each other while we make our way down towards our goal weights; the end is in sight but often it gets harder and harder the closer we get so I'd like for us to all be here to support each other on this tough part of the journey!

vix
01-10-2014, 01:50 PM
ok well, I'll go first!

Weighed in today as I do every Friday now and I was super excited to see that I'm 157.2!! I've lost 1.8 this past week which puts me lower than my pre-Christmas weight of 158.2, so I've clawed back from the damage I did over the holidays, finally!

I'm keeping to my other goals for January too which are to do exercise every day, and as I went to the gym on December 31st to finish the year off right, I've completed 10 days straight of exercise and this evening I'm going to pilates to unwind a little after a hectic week at work.

I'm also eating better with more fresh fruit and veg, and I even made a stew yesterday for dinner which was delish! Having it for lunch today too!

Well, have a great weekend everyone and I hope hope hope I don't end up talking to myself as this is my first thread I've started but if any of you swing by over the weekend then... Welcome!!!

shr1nk1ngme
01-10-2014, 10:44 PM
I am not quite ready to be here but, if I don't hit a stall, I anticipate joining you here by the end of next week. :)

vix
01-15-2014, 11:07 AM
Hey shr1nk1ngme!! I hope you do get down to join me here, it's a little lonely at the moment! lol

Good luck for the rest of the week!

ICUwishing
01-15-2014, 12:22 PM
Hey, Vix, I'll join you! Getting the heck out of the 150s has been a long-term project for me, and I can't seem to wish myself there. ;) I was drifting along in the low 150s until December and indulged myself right up to 156. I figured that if I was going to take that extra 5 off, I might as well go for 10 while I was at it.

I've been eating much better since late last week and am getting back into the swimming pool.

yoyoma
01-15-2014, 12:26 PM
I'll join you, at least for the moment. I haven't been doing any sort of rigorous diet. I usually do some kind of counting calories, although I have also done Atkins and low-carb hybrid.

But I have never been able to maintain. So, I am trying to find a WOE that I really can maintain and I know counting isn't part of that. I've dabbled with IF before but I've decided that fast days are not for me. I am too miserable on fast days and I end up mini-binging late on the day prior to a fast day. But I am trying an eating window with some success. I have to add on some additional restrictions (low-carbish), but it seems to be working and I think I can live with this WOE permanently. Here's hoping!

This morning I weighted in at 151.2. I was a bit lower before Xmas, but I gained a few pounds over the holidays. For me that was a victory, since I usually gain more than a few.

I'm surprised that there aren't more people interested in getting out of the 150's, but hopefully more will join in if they see the thread!

WannaB2cute
01-16-2014, 10:47 AM
Glad you started this group I have been stuck between 158 and 160 for about four months now

ICUwishing
01-17-2014, 10:19 AM
:wave: Down 0.5 (the smallest increment my scale measures). I can't say I've been "good" with my eating, but I can say I've been "better than I was". I'm hoping that my back will let me get back to being "better than I was" at exercise.

vix
01-17-2014, 03:21 PM
Hey this is great!! Thank you all so much for joining!!

Welcome ICUwishing, yoyoma, WannaB2cute!!

Very close to the 140s yoyoma, I'm sure you'll be there in no time!! I imagine it's a kind of eating routine or diet but what does WOE stand for?

And well done ICUwishing, all those half a pounds add up!!

Everyone is doing so well!! And there's so much positive energy on this thread - love being a part of it!!

Well, weighed in today and I'm real happy!! Down to 154.8!! So that's a 2.4lb loss which is better than my average these last few weeks. Just under 20lbs to go now so I am hoping to have that down before summer starts, in the mean time my January goal to be 150 by the 31st still seems possible in 2 weeks.

I'm also keeping up my exercising daily which has been a struggle this week just for finding the time but it just means I haven't caught up on any TV this week so the weekend will be filled with series I think!

Happy Weekend Everyone!!

yoyoma
01-18-2014, 06:36 AM
Hi everyone...

WOE stands for Way Of Eating. It's a general term that implies a life-long eating lifestyle rather than a temporary diet. So, WOE could be a diet such as calorie counting or Atkins adopted as a permanent WOE. I rock dieting, but I stink at maintaining and I've been searching for a WOE for weight loss that I can truly keep up as maintenance when I am at goal weight.

I weighed in this morning at 150.0(!). I ate out two days ago and I intentionally skipped weighing yesterday since I didn't want to see a big bump up. I expected I would still be up a little today, so that was a very pleasant surprise. :)

Being able to eat out without messing up my plan is a big plus for making this a permanent WOE. The other big factor is that even with the best of intentions, sooner or later I stop logging/counting/measuring so I know I need a WOE that does not require that. Since I haven't maintained on this lifestyle with success yet, I am not sure it will work, but I'm feeling very hopeful about it!

underanalysis
01-18-2014, 11:59 AM
Hey thread! I've been weighing Wednesdays and Saturdays. Last Saturday I weighed in at 154.5, then Wednesday I was at 154.

I had a pretty crummy week, missed one of my gym days, and yesterday I ate over my calorie goal in the evening, then went out with my roommate, had a few drinks, and went and devoured some drunk 2 AM breakfast (NOT a habit I'm in these days) so I was expecting the scale to not be so great this morning.

But somehow when I weighed in I'm at 153! So, down a pound and a half in the past week.

I'm eating around 1400-1500 calories a day (my magic number is 1560) and just trying to be high protein and high fiber and non-processed foods. I'm also going to the gym 5x/week, running and doing weight/resistance training.

ICUwishing
01-18-2014, 12:24 PM
I weigh using a tracked weekly average - though I weigh every day and record it. It really helps flatten out the swings that freak a lot of people out. I graph the weekly average and use moving control limits (yeah, I'm in quality). So, yesterday was my second weekly point and it was down 2.5. Which doesn't say much except how glad my body is to be eating better, really - cuz it is going to be a long slow haul from here. :D

My WOE is mostly unprocessed foods and pretty high levels of fat. Think Sally Fallon, Weston Price, etc. We make a lot of fermented veggies and can/preserve a huge amount of stuff. Time consuming, but oh so worth it. I'm one of those people for whom a calorie is not quite a calorie; my metabolism does some wonderful things with nuts, butter, avocados, cheese, coconut oils. As in, I can eat a whole heck of a lot of them. I can maintain very well around the 2400-2600 calorie mark as long as I stay out of the sugar.

Exercise is a weak link for me. I recently have been getting back to competitive swimming, which is the only form of exercise I actually enjoy and am decently good at. I am trying to consistently make it to practice 3 times a week, for 5 hours total a week. Other than that, I am just trying to consciously move more for now. :)

shr1nk1ngme
01-18-2014, 02:37 PM
Well, I weighed in at 159.0 this morning, down .8 since two days ago.

It's only been three days, but I don't usually bounce back up, so I hope I am solidly in the 150's now.

Gonna walk with weights again tonight. It seems to be serving me well and I can feel myself getting stronger each time I do it. I am walking further and carrying more weights that ever. Maybe soon I will be ready to try C25K again.

http://www.nicholina.com/img/uploaded_pics/weight_trend.jpg

yoyoma
01-19-2014, 07:09 AM
Vix, delayed thanks for the welcome and starting the thread. Glad you're making good progress. :)

UA, your exercise rocks! Even if I can maintain at goal weight, I know I will always be flabby if I don't up my game (a lot!). I pretty much just walk and with the weather, lately there hasn't been so much of that. I do have a treadmill, though, so I just have to get back in the habit.

ICU, that sounds like a great way to help even out the bumps on the scale. It's a bit too much work for me though, since I don't even bother to write things down.

Shrinking, nice chart! I think you are more nearly monotonic than a lot of folks, but even you have had a few minor bumps up. But your chart really puts those in perspective.

I feel so lazy when I compare myself to all of you. But I will be a happy puppy if I can lose weight, even slowly, with my low-effort approach.

shr1nk1ngme
01-19-2014, 12:17 PM
Shrinking, nice chart! I think you are more nearly monotonic than a lot of folks, but even you have had a few minor bumps up. But your chart really puts those in perspective.

That's only ONE of the reasons I so love my FitDay PC software. I have the old version. Its charts and graphs are extremely detailed and customizable AND it has a column for net carbs (most nutritional software doesn't). I have had it for years so by now I have a whole enormous database of custom foods and recipes... there are a million reasons why I love it better than MFP, LoseIt, or any other fitness application. The main liability is, it's the old version; it doesn't sync with the phone app or the online version.

I am extremely unwilling to "upgrade" to the new version even though the premium membership allows for syncing because I am sure in the newest version they have eliminated one of the most important features: net carbs. I can always calculate net carbs myself with simple subtraction in my head, but since it's the MAIN number I look at, it is so much better to have it displayed for me.

Edit: NVM I just found out they don't even HAVE an Android app, so that's a deal-breaker for me. :(

Thousandsunny
01-19-2014, 01:53 PM
Hey all,
I've been living in the 150s for months now; much of it my own fault. I need to get back to the gym and stop eating pizza and cheeseburgers during football and hockey games. I've been hovering between 157 and 154 forever and I just want to see 149.9 once before this winter is over!

shr1nk1ngme
01-20-2014, 04:11 PM
Down to 158.4 this morning. :carrot: Slowly creeping down...

yoyoma
01-20-2014, 05:36 PM
Welcome. TS!

'Grats on the progress, Shrinking!

I was down to 149.2 this morning. :)

I round up, so I'm not declaring victory yet. Also I tend to bounce a bit so I don't think I'll be really ready to move on for a while.

I do find myself getting distracted in the 2 hours before my eating window. Not necessarily hungry, but needing something to do to make the time pass. Right now, that's 3fc!

vix
01-21-2014, 01:19 PM
Hey yoyoma! Thanks for the reply on WOE, I think it’s a great way of looking at it, if you can’t do it forever then the results won’t last forever. Well done for getting under 150!!

Welcome underanalysis! Well done for the loss (despite the 2am drunken breakfast! What did you eat? I bet whatever it was will make me jealous! ) Your routine sounds great though so you deserved a little relaxation!

Welcome for good shr1nk1ngme!! Well done for getting into the 150s!

Hey thousandsunny! Welcome to the thread! We can get out of these 150s together!!

Still going with the daily workouts and still eating good but I only weigh in once a week so I have to wait til Friday to see about that...

buddha belly
01-22-2014, 12:20 AM
I need to join you all. I have been in the 150's for probably 4 months now. I am low carb, but have been at this for a year and so things are not moving so fast. Part of that is NUTS. I eat too many nuts, When I limit my nuts I inch my way down. I saw 152.8 on Saturday AM - but it has disappeared in a bag of macadamia nuts and 2 cans of Blue Diamond almonds on sale at Target,

I get discouraged about my body fat percentage and waist and abdomen not going down very much. I had to lose 55 lbs to go down 2 sizes. For my first 50 lbs I only lost 2 percent body fat, even though I was spending hours on the treadmill, elliptical and a little bit of time on the bike every week. I have since started with kettlebells in classes that seem a cross between weight training and high intensity training and have lost about 3 1/2 percent more body fat but am stalled again.

I am only about 3 lbs away from having a normal bmi, but the other measurements are still flashing obese. Ugh

yoyoma
01-22-2014, 01:07 AM
Hey, BB, welcome!

I hear you about the nuts. I did low carb for a while but I had issues when I didn't strictly limit nuts, PB, cheese, cream, etc.

I was up to 150.4 this morning. I had a good day yesterday, but I know it goes up and down normally. I won't be surprised to see a higher number before I see more downward progress. (But I can't help hoping that it just goes down instead!)

shr1nk1ngme
01-22-2014, 01:41 AM
I eat too many nuts, When I limit my nuts I inch my way down. I saw 152.8 on Saturday AM - but it has disappeared in a bag of macadamia nuts and 2 cans of Blue Diamond almonds on sale...

I remedy this by only buying nuts in-the-shell. It forces me to slow down and eat them one at a time, relishing them.

underanalysis
01-22-2014, 03:50 PM
Wheeew. Bad week again. We've been really busy and work and I've been pulling 9-11 hour shifts. Last night I had to break my "no fast food" resolution because the guys wanted Culvers for dinner (but I still kept it under 400 cal) AND there was gelato in my house. Key word: WAS!

But I weighed in as usual this morning and I'm down to 152.6 today, so .4 lbs since Saturday. Hopefully if I behave I can move that into 152 flat by this Saturday.

Vix - drunken breakfast was this seasonal dish at the local cafe. Don't remember the name for it, but it's an over-hard egg served on a corn tortilla with a thinslice of ham, covered in ranchero sauce and served with fried plantain slices.

... sorry to make everyone hungry. :D

yoyoma
01-22-2014, 04:32 PM
Meh. The scale is still not my friend. Up to 150.6 today. I'm just going to hang in there and see how it goes. If I'm not making any progress over the next week I will rethink what I'm doing, but it's way too early for that now.

UA, going in the right direction is always good!

Hope everyone else is doing well today!

Thousandsunny
01-22-2014, 11:04 PM
Thanks for the welcome, Vix!

Underanalysis, I know what you mean about tough weeks! I've been doing so poorly this week, I need to shape up and get with the program. I just need a program to get with, hehe. Still hovering around 157 for now and a little bummed. Gotta get with it, I've had far too many "oh well, start again tomorrow" days.

shr1nk1ngme
01-23-2014, 10:27 AM
My weight still wants to stay at the exact same weight it has been for the past five days: 158.4, in spite of the fact that I completely changed what I ate yesterday and added a bunch of different exercise. I think I have found my first "set point". It's really only been five days so I'm not in a panic yet, but I'm definitely going to be mixing it up again today. :mad:

But now I am so sore! I am sure I am retaining water in my muscle tissue because I did some serious muscle work yesterday. I have a massage envy gift card in my desk I have been saving for sometime when my body was sore from working out; I think I may need to use it today. I wonder if they can take a walk-in? It would be only the second massage I have ever had in my life. Ordinarily we are too broke for such luxuries.

Bet I will have a nice whoosh after my massage releases all the fluids and any toxins I have been holding on to for days.

vix
01-23-2014, 12:38 PM
Welcome BB! I love nuts, at home we only used to have them at Christmas so they remind me of that excited feeling I had as a child when I even smell them. Right now I love PB but limit myself to a little every couple days.

Man oh man UA, that breakfast sounds divine!! And gelato, it’s always gotta be referred to in past tense right, the phrase ‘I have gelato in my house’ just doesn't exist!

I had some tough shifts this week too and I know made some bad choices due to lack of time, so I’m disappointed about that. But I am pleased that I am still keeping to my working out every day, even if it’s just for half an hour I absolutely have to go. On Monday I didn’t get home until 11pm but I still went, I just want to stick to it for one month to prove to myself I can do it but as soon as February hits I’m going for an easier challenge! I’m also trying to learn Spanish at the moment so maybe after a month of working out my body I will work out my brain next month and try to learn a new word a day or something – suggestions welcome!

I think it sounds like you deserve that massage shr1nk1ngme!! I only ever had one professional one before myself, like you say they are a luxury. I have a friend living in Thailand though and she gets a massage every week – it’s like $10 or something for an hour!

yoyoma
01-24-2014, 09:06 AM
Shrinking, go get that massage. You deserve some TLC, since the scale is not treating you kindly. Your muscles are clearly telling you that you are putting in the effort!

TS, hovering is better than gaining! If you can maintain, you are close to being able to lose. Maybe you can adopt some small changes to just get in the habit?

Vix, sorry to hear about the tough week. Continuing to work out is great, though, and fantastic for your health.

I've been doing well with eating on plan but the exercise, not so much. The one thing I can really stick with is walking outside, but the cold has kept me indoors. I guess I should find something else I can stick with or move to a warmer climate!

On the bright side, I've bounced back down to 149.2. Still counting that as 150. I'd like to see some lower numbers more consistently before I really view myself as being in the 140's.

apo9
01-24-2014, 09:47 AM
For many years I just wanted to reach 150 lb,and this year I buckled down and started counting calories,measuring food and limiting carbs and have been able to reach 144 lb.Now attaining 135 to 140 is my new goal.I started at around 165 and am 5ft 5.5 inches and it has taken me 2 months.
By being on this thread and around others with the same goal who understand, I will be more accountable to myself and able to succeed.

shr1nk1ngme
01-24-2014, 10:06 AM
Never got the massage. My day got too busy and it just wasn't meant to be. But the pain is mostly gone (gonna do the same workout again today) and I finally went down 1.4 pounds, so all is well with the world.

NSV: I can feel my body getting stronger; little things like reaching for something on a high shelf, sitting up in bed, etc. are starting to feel easier. Also my legs are feeling firmer to the touch. w00t!:carrot:

vix
01-24-2014, 12:27 PM
Welcome apo! Well done for what you've achieved so far!

Great NSVs shr1nk1ngme! I know what you mean about feeling stronger and things getting easier, I feel younger for it too!

Thanks yoyoma, next week will be easier so I can devote more attention to my job of getting fit and healthy! Well done on getting below 150, I hope it sticks for you!!

Weigh in day for me today and I'm down 1.6lbs to 153.2!

Have a great weekend everyone!

Thousandsunny
01-26-2014, 09:56 AM
Nice work, Vix! I saw 153 yesterday but I'm waiting a few days to see if it's real for me! This weekend was tough, a lot of get togethers but I think I did alright. Stayed low-carb and such, didn't give into nachos and pizza like I am prone to!

How have y'all been?

shr1nk1ngme
01-26-2014, 12:43 PM
Well, it was a nice whoosh but here I am two days later and now my weight is up .2 to 157.2. So I think the mid-upper 150's is definitely a set point for me and my "new normal" is going to be a loss of 1 pound every four days. Which will put me off my goal date but I suppose I can live with it as long as the weight keeps coming off. I knew it would slow down eventually.

On the positive side, my blood glucose level is coming down even more and my blood ketones are inching up. Blood ketones were 1.0 this morning and blood sugar was 79 (my lowest yet, and in the zone I am trying for ~ 75-80). I am confident in my decision to add more dietary fat, take out some protein, and add some light weight training. This will make it certain that any weight I lose from here on out is fat. -- Even if my weight loss slows to one pound a week.

yoyoma
01-27-2014, 09:12 AM
Vix, great progress! You are blowing through the 150's!

Shrinking, kudos on your focus on improving your health/body and less on the rate at which you lose. I know that when I was exercising more and more regularly, I had great gams (except for my inner thighs, which have always always been problem spots for me).

Sunny, congrats on the progress and great job on resisting those carbalicious weekend foods. I have to stay away from them too.

I was up a titch to 149.4 yesterday. Last night I ended up eating very little (got busy at the wrong time) and I am lower this morning, but I'm not counting that number since it's artificially low. I'll see where I am in a few days and hopefully I will be more solidly in the 140's for real.

vix
01-27-2014, 02:36 PM
Hope everyone had a great weekend!

Well done for resisting the nachos and pizza, thousandsunny! A big NSV for sure!

Keep at it shr1nk1ngme!! That's still 1.5lb a week which is about what people say you should lose, like you say to make sure it's fat and not muscle.

Thanks yoyoma! I'm waiting for a stall, it's my TOM this week so I think my losses will be messed up because of that. I'm still keeping to the exercise regime still too, I was on the rowing machine for 30 minutes yesterday!

shr1nk1ngme
01-29-2014, 06:43 PM
Nothing new to report. Tomorrow's the next weigh-in so I guess I will find out if I am still semi-stuck or if the scale is still moving along.

It's a DownDay and I am really busy so that's all for now. See everyone tomorrow!

yoyoma
01-30-2014, 07:02 AM
Shrinking, sorry to hear your day was a downer. :( Hope you get a boost from your weigh-in tomorrow!

Vix, good luck this week. I know how tough it is to look at crazy numbers on the scale when our hormones are wreaking havoc with our moods to boot. I'm post-menopausal now, and it's nice to have one up side to growing older.

I've been clocking in at 148.x since I last checked in (148.2 today), so I am officially moving the ticker down to 149. Of course, I could easily bounce up but I think it's legit.

I was looking for a 140's thread to join but most are age-specific and none in the golden group. The only other one is in the featherweights (those with less weight to lose). I really didn't feel like a featherweight with 20 lbs to lose, especially since my approach is not built for speed. I gave it a lot of thought and decided to move my goal weight UP to 139 (from 129). I know that I like how I look better at 129, but if I could really maintain at 139 I'd be pretty happy (especially if I could build some muscle).

I might well move my goal weight back down later, but for now, I feel more confident that my slow approach can get me to goal and keep me there and I'll feel more like a featherweight with a goal of 139.

Anyway, I may well check in here on and off but I hope to see you all in a 140's thread. If someone starts a general 140's thread, let me know! Good luck everyone!

shr1nk1ngme
01-30-2014, 10:30 AM
I was looking for a 140's thread to join but most are age-specific and none in the golden group. The only other one is in the featherweights (those with less weight to lose). I really didn't feel like a featherweight with 20 lbs to lose, especially since my approach is not built for speed. I gave it a lot of thought and decided to move my goal weight UP to 139 (from 129). I know that I like how I look better at 129, but if I could really maintain at 139 I'd be pretty happy (especially if I could build some muscle).

I might well move my goal weight back down later, but for now, I feel more confident that my slow approach can get me to goal and keep me there and I'll feel more like a featherweight with a goal of 139.

Anyway, I may well check in here on and off but I hope to see you all in a 140's thread. If someone starts a general 140's thread, let me know! Good luck everyone!

Go ahead and join the featherweights 140's thread! We are all here to support one another even if you don't "feel" like a featherweight. I don't either, and my goal weight is 115, but I'm going to join anyway. I have already subscribed to it but I'm not posting there as the 140's are still a few weeks away for me.

155.0 today. :D

The fat/protein re-balance has worked for me.

apo9
01-30-2014, 11:35 AM
Thanks for the welcome everyone.Today the scale rewarded me with a 143.Of course that was first thing in the morning and naked.
The journey out of the 140s will be more of the same...counting cals and carbs,weighing portions and long walks.

underanalysis
01-30-2014, 12:03 PM
I popped back up to 153 on Saturday, but it's Shark Week at the moment and I know that can throw things off. I had some NSVs in the form of inches lost, though, so I think my progress is still good.

vix
01-30-2014, 12:45 PM
Hey everyone!! Nearly the weekend, and this week has seriously d..r..a..g..g..e..d!! Tomorrow I finish my January challenge of exercising every day, which I'm very proud of myself for achieving, especially when it meant going to the gym even if it's very awkward and leaves me with little time to do anything else, at least I know now I CAN do things I put my mind to so that's a big NSV for me!

Yoyoma, I would go and put myself in the featherweights too, like shr1nk1ngme says, you belong there!! Or start your own thread? That's what I did with this one as there was zero activity on all of the age-specific 150s threads. I don't know why they're age specific really as we're all here to support each other and it shouldn't matter whether you're 25 or 85, we still all have similar goals and can share experiences.

underanalysis I feel your pain, shark week is coming for me too - I can hear the jaws music now! Inches lost is great though - I know they count more for me than pounds if I'm putting them on!

Well done apo! You're well into the 140s!!

vix
01-31-2014, 02:14 PM
Hey, it's Friday!!!

Weighed in today for both my weekly weigh-in and to finish the month off for the January Weight Loss Challenge - down to 150.4!!!! My goal was 150 so I am just over by 0.4 - I didn't think I would make it but a whooshy week has helped me along since last Friday, very very happy to be here, and I realized also past the half way point too!!

I also completed my exercise challenge today, which was to hit the gym every day this month - 31/31!!!! Bring on February!!!!

underanalysis
02-02-2014, 01:19 PM
Good news: it looks like I was right about my gain being artificial because of Shark Week. This morning I weighed in at 150.2! Of course, I'm visiting my parents so this was on a different scale than my usual, so that may change again when I check it on my scale at home.

I'll be sad to leave this thread when I get into the 140s, though. I'm with yoyoma, not a big fan of the idea of heading into the Featherweight area personally. I've popped in there a couple times and seen some pretty unhealthy talk that I don't really want to expose myself to. Maybe I'll start a general 140s thread myself when I get there. :)

buddha belly
02-02-2014, 11:15 PM
I am down to 152.2. Trying to do my kettlebell class 4x a week now and would like to do an hour or little bit more on treadmill and elliptical 2x a week. HopingI can do that and lose another 10 lbs and another 3 percent of body fat by end of July. I will still be obese by body fat %,but normal weight by bmi.

Many of you seem to be doing very well. Everyone is really so close - or already there. Congrats to everyone for their dedication

shr1nk1ngme
02-02-2014, 11:46 PM
154.4 yesterday morning. Next weigh in tomorrow morning! Halfway there....:carrot:

vix
02-03-2014, 03:30 PM
Hey UA, great news on the 150.2! That's a shame about the featherweights having unhealthy talk on there - I think a new thread is the way to go then!

Well done buddha belly and shr1nk1ngme!!

My February challenge is a 3-pronged attack -

1.no alcohol (not that I drink much but I read all these stories about how alcohol slows down weight loss that I thought I could go without for a month), 2. squats - started at 50 on saturday and I'm going to add an extra 5 per day, 3. use this arm-toner for 5 minutes per day - I got it years ago and never used it regularly so I want to now to see if it works at all

Have a great week everyone!!

beccyboo
02-05-2014, 03:50 AM
Hi!

New here :) can I join this thread?

Been lurking around these forums for quite a while but thought I might finally post something. I started my weight loss journey last year and have lost about 66 lbs.

Currently sitting at 153, hoping to get down to around 135 :)

vix
02-05-2014, 01:06 PM
Hi beccyboo!! Yes absolutely, come and join us!!! Welcome to the thread, although it looks like you may not be here for long!

Huge well done on your losses so far - 66lbs wowowow!! What diet or exercise plan have you been following?

shr1nk1ngme
02-05-2014, 03:54 PM
Nothing new to report. Still at exactly 153.8. :mad:

Thousandsunny
02-05-2014, 09:26 PM
Nothing new to report.

Same. Frustrating, right?! I know it's my fault on this end, but that makes it more frustrating, hehe.

buddha belly
02-05-2014, 11:42 PM
Welcome beccyboo.

I am one lb from being in the 140's and 1 lb from having a normal bmi. Of course my body fat percentage is still obese. .....And I tend to go up and down. I will probably have to see about 146 before I can be sure I am really out ofthe 150's

beccyboo
02-06-2014, 01:13 AM
Thanks vix and buddha belly :)

I know what you mean buddha belly about the scale bouncing up and down. It seems to have a problem committing to a downward trend.

However, 152.1 this morning, woo!

I started out counting calories and walking, which helped my initial loss, but I completed Jillian Michaels' 30DS on Sunday and lost 13 lbs doing that!

Starting on her Banish Fat Boost Metabolism and No More Trouble Zones to hopefully lose some more inches :)

How is everyone else approaching their journey?

shr1nk1ngme
02-06-2014, 10:35 AM
Threw in an extra DownDay and managed to move the scale to 153.2. Inching downwards. Slooooowwwwwllllyyyyy.

underanalysis
02-06-2014, 01:15 PM
I had to go out and buy a new scale this week, because the one I was using before was claiming I'd suddenly shot back up to 154... literally mathematically impossible considering I've stayed on-plan on my calories and still been working out 4-5 days a week.

So, I got the new scale. It says this morning that I'm at 150.4 and 33.8% body fat, so I guess you guys get me in this thread for a bit longer. ;)

buddha belly
02-06-2014, 10:41 PM
That's great underanalysis! What kind is it that is has the body fat percentage?

vix
02-07-2014, 12:46 PM
Well done beccyboo! That Jillian Michaels shred looks hard but I heard so many people talking about it, and with great results like yours, it clearly works!

I bet you were relieved to see the lower number underanalysis!! I wonder if I should treat myself to a new scale as I'd like to keep track of body fat, would love to know the brand too.

You'll be starting the new thread soon I guess then? It's just I weighed in at 149.6 today!! I'm barely into the 140s so I don't want to jump down yet but I'm hoping next week could be the week! It's my lowest loss in a week yet (0.8lbs) but I'm aching in various places from squatting and some hardcore pilates this week (left thigh, left ribcage and left forearm...why only my left side?!) and I heard that aches mean your muscles are retaining water so I wondered if any of you guys knew if this was true? Anyways, I'm under 150!! That's the main thing!! Just gotta keep working to make it stick and get down into the 140s for real and not just hanging on the edge

Have a great weekend everyone!!!!

shr1nk1ngme
02-07-2014, 05:43 PM
I want a new scale too. I was thinking of getting the FitBit Aria scale. Maybe I'll put it on my birthday/Christmas list.

Stick to the plan. Stick to the plan. Stick to the plan.
Even if it's sloooowwwwlllyyyy, eventually it has to work. They say that's the best way to lose weight anyway, right? But it's so hard to wait.

Had a nice whoosh overnight! I weighed in this A.M. at 152.4, down .8 since yesterday.

:carrot:

underanalysis
02-07-2014, 11:18 PM
I picked up the Taylor Body Analysis scale for $30 at Target. It was easy to program and seems pretty darn accurate to me. :)

Vix I hope I'm moving into that 140s thread soon for sure, but we'll see how the weekend plays out

buddha belly
02-08-2014, 12:20 AM
Vix, I hit 149.6 on Thursday AM.But with me it doesn't stick. This AM I was 150.6, and I would not be surprised to be another lb up tomorrow AM.

Congrats to you on hitting it. If nothing else it made me feel like it will be possible in a week or two to stick there.

Thousandsunny
02-08-2014, 10:11 AM
Hey y'all!
Finally saw some downward movement! 153 yesterday and today so I made the official ticker change. :carrot: 149.9 is looking closer! :D

Hope everyone is well and having a great weekend.

shr1nk1ngme
02-08-2014, 02:01 PM
Hey y'all!
Finally saw some downward movement! 153 yesterday and today so I made the official ticker change. :carrot: 149.9 is looking closer! :D

Hope everyone is well and having a great weekend.

Way to go ThousandSunny! Hopefully we will join each other in the 140's thread really soon. I am not weighing in today; will post my stats tomorrow morning. :)

beccyboo
02-09-2014, 06:35 AM
Thanks Vix! You'll be well into the 140's before you know it :D time to start a 140's thread?

buddah belly little bit more time and you too will be well into the 140's. You guys are doing so well!!

Well done with the whoosh shr1nk1ngme and Thousandsunny :)

Weighed in at 151.4 today, but the inch loss doesn't seem to be going down. Does anyone else find that the weight is going down but the inches aren't? My tummy is such a problem area and I just cant get the fat to budge from there :(

Speaking of scales, do people find the ones which show body fat % very accurate?

buddha belly
02-09-2014, 02:53 PM
Hi Beccy,

The inches thing seems to be individual. I read a lot about people losing 10 lbs and going down a size. I had to lose basically 55 lbs in order to go down 2 sizes. I never seem to lose anything off my abdomen. Where my belly button is. But the smallest part of my trunk,which I consider my waist I do lose, but not like amazingly so. I am an apple. But I have finally gotten into a size 14, where I have not been since like 13 years ago, 14?
The last 6 months, I have lost only 3 percent body fat, 10 lbs, even though I started kettlebell class and went 3 times a week. This next 6 months I am trying to stay on my diet better, upping the kettlebell class to 4x a week and doing treadmill/elliptical 2x a week in hopes of losing another 3% body fat loss over 6 months. I don't think it will get me into a size 12 though.

shr1nk1ngme
02-10-2014, 10:15 AM
151.4 this morning! :carrot:

Today is an UpDay and also a heavy exercise day, so I am sure my weight will stay here for another day, but day after tomorrow I hope to see 150.6.

Hang in there 3FC's! We can do this.

beccyboo
02-11-2014, 07:44 AM
I know what you mean about being apple shaped buddah belly! Just have to keep at it until it finally melts away :-)

It does get hard to stay motivated some times though, especially when the scale or the inches aren't moving for a little while. Ahh patience never was my strong point :P

Great job shr1nk1ngme!!

beccyboo
02-12-2014, 04:18 PM
Weighed in at 150.3 this morning. Woo! :cb:

vix
02-12-2014, 04:59 PM
Hey buddha belly, your comment made me remember this article I read, it's how to get from an apple shape to an 'apple core', as in hourglass shape I guess - http://www.phentermine.com/blog/apple-shape-apple-core/

Well done beccyboo and shr1nk1ngme!!

shr1nk1ngme
02-12-2014, 08:32 PM
Ugh I just can't seem to move the scale for three days at a time lately. ...hopefully tomorrow morning I will finally get to 150.

:snail: :snail: :snail:

shr1nk1ngme
02-13-2014, 10:17 AM
150.6 this morning. My pattern is holding true! I guess my next loss will be in three more days. 140's, here I come! :dizzy:

beccyboo
02-13-2014, 10:46 PM
149.6 today, hope it sticks! :D

vix
02-14-2014, 12:26 PM
Well done beccyboo!!

How are you doing today shr1nk1ngme?

I weighed in at 148.5 today!! It's 1.5lbs off the Valentine's goal I set myself back at the start of the year but I'm very happy with it all the same. Has anyone started a 140s thread? I will see if I can find one and if not, do it myself!!

:val1: Happy Valentines Day everyone!!! :val1:

shr1nk1ngme
02-14-2014, 01:18 PM
Well done beccyboo!!

How are you doing today shr1nk1ngme?

I weighed in at 148.5 today!! It's 1.5lbs off the Valentine's goal I set myself back at the start of the year but I'm very happy with it all the same. Has anyone started a 140s thread? I will see if I can find one and if not, do it myself!!

:val1: Happy Valentines Day everyone!!! :val1:

I'm 1.6 pounds off my goal as well, but I set an ambitious 16 pound goal for 6 weeks, so I'm still happy with 14.4 pounds. Today's a DownDay; we have an unavoidable obligation this evening so we went out for dinner last night instead. I don't weigh on DownDays so my "official" Valentine's Day weigh-in will be tomorrow morning. We'll see how I do then. :D

underanalysis
02-15-2014, 11:10 AM
Well, it took way longer than I expected... had to change up my fitness routine some, but...

149.8! At last!

buddha belly
02-15-2014, 11:24 AM
Vix, I like that apple core idea and am doing many of the things in the article, except not as many carbs, and no pilates.

Congratulations to beccy, vix, and underanalysis for getting into the 140's and congratulations to shrinkingme for the 14.4 lbs in 6 weeks. That is amazing at your size. I think you were in the same to Valentines day challenge I was?

I am 150.4 today and my high for the week was 151.8, but the last time (and only time) I saw the 140's was on Thursday the 6th.

shr1nk1ngme
02-15-2014, 11:39 AM
buddahabelly, underanalysis, and thousandsunny , I predict we will all be moving down at the same time to join vix and beccyboo. Let's buckle down these next few days and move on down to the 140's thread. I am at 150.4 today as well, but today is a DownDay (low calorie day for me) so I expect a little whoosh tomorrow morning. Lately I seem to show a loss on the scale every third day and I don't seem to be bouncing back up (knock on wood).

Thousandsunny
02-15-2014, 11:47 AM
Woo! Let's go, girls! I saw 151.6 today but I'm calling it 152 until I'm sure it's real. We're so close, we can do it! :carrot:

shr1nk1ngme
02-15-2014, 08:47 PM
OK I had a freak moment of strangeness and I decided to weigh myself in the afternoon. Which is something I NEVER do.

:carrot:!!! 149.8 !!!:carrot:

It won't be official until it's my morning weigh-in. But still. :carrot::carrot::carrot:

beccyboo
02-15-2014, 11:42 PM
Wow everyone's doing so well! Great job guys! :)

shr1nk1ngme
02-16-2014, 12:34 PM
OK it's official. My morning weigh in was 149.6. My pattern has never been to bounce back up. So, I'm calling it. See you all in the 140's thread! :)

buddha belly
02-16-2014, 12:46 PM
See you later, shrinkingme, congatulations. I hit 149.2 this AM, but don't want to call it just yet. Of course I didn't eat the 10.5 oz of mixed nuts and drink the 2 diet sodas I did last Saturday, and I didn't do kettlebell class like last week since I was a little too sore. I think I will only try for 4 x a week for a few weeks and then notch down a week to 3x. I did though spend 50 mins on the treadmill and 50 mins on the elliptical yesterday. 25 mins more than last Saturday.

Sassyblonde
02-19-2014, 02:52 AM
Hi all! Glad to have found this thread. I have hit a plateau before but nothing like this one..bouncing between 155 and 154 all month long. Frustrating to say the least. I work out daily 45-60 minutes, calories almost never exceed 1400-1500 and I drink tons of water. I am stumped! Trying to ramp up workouts to burn 500-600 calories a session but can't do that everyday due to work. I changed workouts, treadmill, arc trainer, weights, personal trainer, walk in hills,Zumba and yet nada!! Any advice? Thanks!

shr1nk1ngme
02-19-2014, 10:38 AM
When I hit a plateau I change something drastically for a few days. Eat nothing but tons of veggies to cleanse my colon for a few days. Go on a juice fast. Eliminate carbs for a week or two, or even go on a fat fast (eat nothing but fat for 3 days). Just change it up - a lot - and your body will start losing again. I need to confuse my metabolism when it has gotten all settled in where it is.

buddha belly
02-19-2014, 11:31 PM
See this is why I am still in the 150's group. Sunday 149.2; Monday 149.4; Tuesday 149.6; Wednesday 150.4, I hate t think what Thursday will be

CleverName
02-24-2014, 12:45 AM
Hi everyone,
Looks like this thread is about to become a ghost town- everyone is heading into the 140's!
I haven't been on 3FC for a couple of months, I've had some medical stuff going on and haven't been focusing on weight loss.

I've recently gotten back down to the 150's (again... ugh), and am currently sitting at about 155-156.

ChunkyDrop
02-24-2014, 02:45 PM
Hi all,

So far I'm at 147 lbs. I'm going to do my weigh in this week. I would have done it last week but you know.. time of the month really sucks and I didn't want to become discouraged by the water weight gain due to the bloating.

-My struggle has to be my belly fat. I have noticed that the top of my belly has gone down but the bottom belly fat is so stubborn! I keep reading that it's all about diet for the belly to go down.

-I do cardio about 4 to 5 times a week. I do strength training about 2 to 3 times a week. I'm trying to do more but I guess I just don't have that much motivation or will power at all time. My boyfriend is a personal trainer and he constantly wants me to do squats, hamstring curls, and lunges.

-As far as my diet, I eat hard boiled eggs every morning. I'm pretty bored of egg whites by now but I like egg whites more than oat meal. I try to eat clean. Lean red meet, turkey, fish (dislike), and I've been trying to get less tuna (afraid of Mercury poising). I replaced mayo and ranch with lime and salt for flavor. I also drink a lot of green, oolong, and green tea. Specially in the morning to speed up my metabolism. I started drinking Chia seeds. I read that it helps with weight lose, in my experience it makes you feel full after you drink them.

- I really wish there was a way to lose weight and inches faster(with out surgery)! Until then I will keep working on this and try to smile through the process because at times it feels over whelming not seeing a lower number on the scale.

CleverName
02-24-2014, 06:29 PM
Weighed in this morning at 154.4! :)

skirty
02-26-2014, 12:41 PM
Hi, I am brand new here, first post. I have put on about 25 pounds in the last few years. I am 48 and figure skated 3 or 4x a week until then, I think my body was used to that type of workout. I also got sober 8 months ago, sugar was never my thing….and then, well, umm, it became my new best friend.

I feel that I am finally at a point where this needs to be addressed. None of my clothes fit and black yoga pants are starting to get very boring.

Weighed in at 153.6 today. So happy I found 3FC, it is exactly what I needed!

buddha belly
02-27-2014, 02:18 AM
Hello Skirty,

I used to skate too. I had to quit because 1)it was just becoming too much financially and time wise, and you know the politics around any skating rink got annoying. That was when my weight gain started.

I feel like I would like to go again sometime, I can't afford like before, but I am not sure - my feet got bigger and I am sure cannot fit in my skates.

WannaB2cute
02-28-2014, 08:11 AM
159 for nearly 6 mo after 65lb loss in 10 mo :(

skirty
02-28-2014, 10:10 AM
Buddha…I actually have "fat skates" and "skinny skates"…:). I lost so much weight when I was skating regularly my feet were swimming in my boots so I had to have new ones made (and of course the old blades didn't fit so I had to buy new blades for those boots…I consider it like buying a gym membership I guess). Went to skate for the first time at a rink that was 30 minutes away this summer and got there and had brought 2 LEFT skates!

This site is really inspiring to me…I love reading the success stories and reading about others who stick it out even when the scale plateaus for a few weeks is so motivating!

I was 149.8 this am (TOM ending). Can't do a ticker yet!

Sassyblonde
03-01-2014, 03:37 AM
Oh finally broke the plateau! 153 this am. This was the hardest month ever! And I lost weight after I backed off the exercise a little. My personal trainer said I was working out too much and maybe too hard . (I thought that was crazy that someone would ever say that about ME!) anyway I let my body rest a little and that did the trick. I hope I can keep up some loss for a while. It seems every 6 pounds and I get stuck. Whew! What a blah month, thank goodness it's over!

buddha belly
03-02-2014, 10:51 AM
I was 148.6 this AM, but I also was over 150 4 out of 7 days this week. Can't let go of the 150's yet, I guess.

love2b150
03-03-2014, 06:50 PM
I'm holding a spot hoping to join you all this by the end of this month :) Weighed in today at 164.8

buddha belly
03-04-2014, 12:44 AM
OMG, luv2b150, I better not still be here at the end of the month - no offense.

What I have noticed is that my weight gain starts for the week on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday - as I drink coffee at my desk and then I retain that stupid fluid.!!!!! Then I lose back down on Thursday and Friday, and hopefully will reach a new low on Sunday or Monday before the whole cycle begins again.

amandie
03-04-2014, 10:25 PM
Marking my spot here. I've been waiting for the 150s for a long time now. I hit 157 once for like a day then been working my way down since. 161.8 a few days ago. I hope to be joining to some of you. Congrats to those who are on their way out to the 140s!

amandie
03-07-2014, 11:01 AM
160.8 today, sooo happy and SO close to the 150s.

Arwen17
03-10-2014, 11:38 AM
Finally joined the 150's today! I weighed in at 159 this morning!

amandie
03-10-2014, 12:06 PM
WTG, Arwen!

Thousandsunny
03-10-2014, 06:29 PM
Wow! This thread blew up, I love seeing it! Great job, y'all. I saw 150.4 or so for a few days and then TOM showed up and that's out the window! Hopefully, I see those numbers again soon. Have to keep hitting the gym but I've been bad with it (...still. :^: )

kk2323
03-12-2014, 10:07 AM
Hi All!

I'm officially here! I've weighed in the high 150s for five days now, so I think it's safe to say that I'm here...back actually. This was one of the best groups I joined last year, so I'm looking forward to hanging out with everyone for a bit. I'm so glad to be out of the 160s and hopefully will never see them again.

Today = 159.7

Best of luck to everyone!
:)

Sassyblonde
03-12-2014, 11:20 AM
153 you mock me! 12 days stuck! I just hope I am building muscle and as I continue good eating habits I am reinforcing that but this is seriously annoying. I know I should look at how clothes fit and how I feel but that scale beckons me and I can't resist, then the let down. My trainer is having me change all of my foods and all of my workouts so hopefully we can get me unstuck. I do need to be grateful though! I feel good, I've come a long way. I have to remember it's a journey and I am learning so much about my body along the way. Anyway I suppose if I just continue to lose 1-2 pounds a month then by the end of the year I'd be at my goal and that would be ok. Not the ideal but I live in reality and right now my reality is sloooooooooooowwwww. Thanks for reading, just need to vent this a.m.!

amandie
03-12-2014, 01:29 PM
Omgomgomg, 159.8 this morning!!!!! I actually did a happy dance and screamed a little. So happy.

Sassyblonde
03-15-2014, 04:08 AM
I was 151 today ! Yay!!! Even when it seems Everything else is falling apart somedays I am so happy to be inching down. I went to mostly whole foods diet and that did the trick.

jennykay
03-15-2014, 10:30 AM
I am joining you all! After a few days in the high 150s I am sooo ready to be here. But hopefully not for too long :)

Thousandsunny
03-15-2014, 11:15 AM
@SassyBlonde: right there with you! 151.2 today. :carrot: I completely know the feeling; everything is stressful and a mess here at times but at least that damn scale isn't winning the tug of war!

Sassyblonde
03-22-2014, 04:19 AM
I am 150! Hopefully I'll be moving on by the end of this month ;) hope everyone is doing well.

jennykay
03-26-2014, 01:02 AM
156 today - most notably I went on vacation for 4 days and did not gain!

Thousandsunny
03-27-2014, 09:09 PM
Bounced to 153 but I just got back from 4 days away so I am guessing that could be in. Won't move the ticker until I see the weight stay longer (but it better not!)

Sassyblonde
03-28-2014, 01:58 AM
149, whew! Just as I decided to stay at 150 and just maintain for a while. I'm so close but work and home have been so rough I didn't want to put additional pressure on myself to hit my goal. Now I am renewed. I feel like my weight is the only thing I can actually control right now. This is very very odd to me because I never could before and I could control the other things. This forum has been my lifesaver over the last few months! Thanks to all for support :-)

jennykay
04-07-2014, 01:38 PM
Made it to 152 today! Getting close I am so excited :)

Arwen17
04-10-2014, 03:34 PM
Weighed in at 154lbs yesterday so I'm slowly inching my way to the 140's. :)

amandie
04-10-2014, 04:45 PM
Good job, Arwen!

Arwen17
04-20-2014, 11:09 AM
*breaths sigh of relief* 153lbs today!
So I think I am losing .5 lb a week. It's just hard to tell because it's soooo slow and my weight fluctuates a lot due to salt and water.
I was afraid I had hit another plateau.

buddha belly
04-20-2014, 01:39 PM
I am finally able to leave the 150s. I have not bounced up to 150 in 12 days, and my current weight is 146.6 so I don't think my bounces will hit 150 anymore. What a long road!

Arwen17
04-28-2014, 09:15 AM
152 this morning. I'm on a roll this week. I love it when my body just cooperates. Even splurged a little on sugar yesterday, but it didn't punish me for it this morning. woot!

I'll have weeks of stagnation/slow-down, followed by crazy drops in a short space of time, followed by stagnation again. XD
Not on my period right now so we can't blame that.

love2b150
05-01-2014, 11:06 AM
Weighed in at 159.8 this morning, barely here :) I hope it sticks and continues to move on down.

dangerouscurves76
05-01-2014, 10:06 PM
Hi all! :wave: I've been hanging out in the 150's for months and months. Spring is here and summer is coming fast. I've got to get it together pronto. :dizzy:

Last weigh in, I was at 156. Praying that on Sunday the scale will reflect the hard work I put in this week.

Arwen17
05-02-2014, 06:26 PM
Welcome to the 150's, love2b150!
Feels great to tip over into the next "level", doesn't it? :D

On my period right now so my weight has gone up a couple pounds. Hoping for my typical crazy weight drop after period is finished. Maybe I can slide into the 140's soon, pretty please bodyofmine?

love2b150
05-03-2014, 01:10 AM
Thanks Arwen :) Yes it does, especially since the last time I saw this number was in 92-93 when I was gaining weight during pregnancy. :)

I weighed in yesterday 5/2 at 159.6 only down .2. I spent the evening at the mall with my children walking and then we went to McDonald's and I had a cone. I've been bloated all day so I hope whatever is going on with me doesn't take me back up :crossed:

Arwen17
05-04-2014, 07:34 AM
Thanks Arwen :) Yes it does, especially since the last time I saw this number was in 92-93 when I was gaining weight during pregnancy. :)

I weighed in yesterday 5/2 at 159.6 only down .2. I spent the evening at the mall with my children walking and then we went to McDonald's and I had a cone. I've been bloated all day so I hope whatever is going on with me doesn't take me back up :crossed:

whenever I "indulge" on a certain day, I eat really cleanly the next day to get all of the salt and sugar out of my system. Or if I know a special occasion is coming up and there will be lots of "bad food", I will eat really cleanly in the days leading up to the event. That way I don't feel bad about having a cheat day.

Weighed in at 151lbs this morning! woot! still on period tho.

Veloria
05-05-2014, 10:01 PM
Hi all. I am trying to get my butt in gear and get the scale moving again after gaining and losing the same 5-6 lbs over the past couple of months. I'm currently at 158.7 up from my all time low of 153.7 a couple of months ago. Calorie counting is working really well for me, but I've been traveling a lot for work and can't seem to stay on track with my eating when I'm away from home. I have a trip coming up next week, so I need to get a plan in place now to prepare myself so I don't continue to sit here. Another problem is that I've been overweight my entire adult life. 153 is the lowest I've been since probably middle school, so I am losing weight I've never lost before and my body just doesn't seem to want to give it up without a fight. I'm super motivated, though, and I fully intend to get out of the 150s by June!

love2b150
05-06-2014, 09:17 PM
whenever I "indulge" on a certain day, I eat really cleanly the next day to get all of the salt and sugar out of my system. Or if I know a special occasion is coming up and there will be lots of "bad food", I will eat really cleanly in the days leading up to the event. That way I don't feel bad about having a cheat day.

Weighed in at 151lbs this morning! woot! still on period tho.

Thanks Arwen good advice :) ... and :congrat: on 151 :high:

love2b150
05-06-2014, 09:21 PM
Hi all. I am trying to get my butt in gear and get the scale moving again after gaining and losing the same 5-6 lbs over the past couple of months. I'm currently at 158.7 up from my all time low of 153.7 a couple of months ago. Calorie counting is working really well for me, but I've been traveling a lot for work and can't seem to stay on track with my eating when I'm away from home. I have a trip coming up next week, so I need to get a plan in place now to prepare myself so I don't continue to sit here. Another problem is that I've been overweight my entire adult life. 153 is the lowest I've been since probably middle school, so I am losing weight I've never lost before and my body just doesn't seem to want to give it up without a fight. I'm super motivated, though, and I fully intend to get out of the 150s by June!

Veloria :congrat: on your adult low, that is fantastic :) I weighed in today at 164.0 after seeing 159.8. I knew I would go back up because I honestly think that little craving/snack voice gets to me when I see a new low. I am working on getting fully into the 150's. I'm rooting for you to get out of here by June, you can do it :)

Veloria
05-06-2014, 10:06 PM
love2b150, I can completely relate. I have a very bad habit of getting to comfortable when I am making progress. It's scary how easy it is to get off track. But I'm sure you'll get right back on track and back down into the 150s. Good luck to you!

Thousandsunny
05-06-2014, 10:30 PM
I'm trying to get out of the 150s by June too! Can't get a good number this week as I've got my cycle going on too. Messes with my weight so badly. Saw 157 one day; then 153 the next!! Crazy, crazy. Been working out like a fiend these past few weeks, just hope it helps. I'm hoping to tone some of the loose skin away, I've got bat wings for days...

Veloria
05-07-2014, 03:05 AM
I hope you all had a successful day. I didn't like the number on the scale today. I don't even want to talk about it and hope I'm just retaining water or something. I was 100% on target with my calories today and dragged myself to the gym after work, so I feel like I should see a better number tomorrow. This winter has done a number on my motivation to work out. I am really trying to bust through that.

Thousandsunny, your bat wing comment made me laugh. I am in the same boat. Although I'm not done losing weight, I have made a lot of progress and am pretty pleased with how my body looks (in clothes) most days, but I have to wear sleeves. My bat wings are out of control and do not seem to be getting better. It's definitely the part of my body I am least happy with. I've heard a lot about heavy lifting, but don't even know where to begin with that, so I'm going to start going to BodyPump classes at my gym to see if it helps. Certainly can't hurt! If anyone has suggestions on what has helped them reduce the wings, let me know. I'm dreading tank top season.

love2b150
05-07-2014, 07:47 AM
Thanks Veloria :) it is scary how easy it is to get off track and think you are comfortable with the number on the scale knowing it's not goal :) Been there done that.

ThousandSunny you'll get out of here as soon as TOM is gone. :crossed:

My arms aren't bad, it's my back, stomach and thighs that need work. I hope the two of you find something that helps. I got my first whoosh in 17 months and I am happy. Weighed in at 160 this morning. Hoping to be back into the 150's this week :crossed:

Veloria
05-08-2014, 12:03 AM
Ugh. Same here. I was at 158 2 days ago, and have weighed in at 160 for the past couple of mornings. I'm spot on with my calories and have been working out, so I don't know what the problem is. I better see that number go down tomorrow! I'm over it.

love2b150
05-09-2014, 12:59 AM
Veloria :crossed: for a great weigh in tomorrow for you and me and all of us :crossed:

love2b150
05-10-2014, 04:06 PM
I am stuck at 159.4 ... 3 days now

Arwen17
05-10-2014, 04:18 PM
Still at 150lbs for the moment, but decided to go to Walmart again to try on jeans to see if the situation has improved yet. I fit into size 6 jeans comfortably! yes!
My size prediction for 150 was correct!

Veloria
05-10-2014, 09:26 PM
Amazing, Arwen17!!! That must feel so good. I would kill to fit into a size 6.

The scale is still not budging for me. I dipped down to 159.4 yesterday and back up to 160.5 this morning. I really do not know what the issue is, but I'm beyond frustrated right now. I thought I was done with the 160s for good, but my body is fighting me every step of the way back down. I'm just going to continue to count calories and exercise and try to be patient. I'm traveling next week for work, so I really need to work on keeping myself in check so the number doesn't go above 160 while I'm away from home. There are lots of happy hours and dinners planned, so it is going to be a challenge for me.

Arwen17
05-11-2014, 10:01 AM
Found the 140's thread under a different section
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/featherweights/294027-goodbye-140s-8.html

Good luck guys and hope you'll be joining me soon!

Veloria
05-11-2014, 01:32 PM
Yay! The scale finally budged. 158.7 this morning and I will NOT allow myself to see 160 ever again. I think my body was just retaining water from all the working out I did this week.

I hope everyone else continues to see their number go down!

love2b150
05-12-2014, 12:24 AM
Arwen :congrat: on the new decade :high:

Veloria :congrat: on the scale moving :high:

I am extremely happy for you both :hug:

I won't be joining either of you anytime soon ... I weighed in at 161.4 this morning and I know after today's consumption of mess I will see a higher number in the morning.

Keep up the great work ...

Veloria
05-12-2014, 01:09 AM
Love2b150, thank you and hang in there. Just keep plugging away. It is a continuous battle. I know that all too well. Here's wishing you a better week next week!

Veloria
05-12-2014, 08:01 PM
158.3 this morning. Happy to see the scale moving in the right direction. I'm heading out of town tomorrow - Friday for work. I'm packing my gym clothes now and will do my best to stay on track. I fully intend to be at this weight or under when I weigh in on Saturday morning!

Syckgirlsfv
05-13-2014, 04:17 PM
hi all :wave:

hoping to join you VERY soon...weighing in at 160.8 today, up a tad from 160.4 yesterday. I say by the end of the week I'm here :D

gigantosaurus
05-14-2014, 04:31 PM
Hi everyone!

I weighed in at 159.2 today, which means I get to join you guys. :D It's so surreal being in the 150's. I can't remember the last time I weighed 150-something (I've said that for every decade I hit under 190... it's all so exciting)!

Anyway, it's nice to finally join this thread. Hope everyone is having a happy hump day!

Syckgirlsfv
05-16-2014, 05:29 PM
went down to 159.8 yesterday, but bounced up to 161.4 today. no reason. ha! well, most likely ovulation so I'll be back!

dangerouscurves76
05-19-2014, 03:05 AM
Hi all! :wave:

I've been hanging out in the 150's for quite a while now. Enough is enough. Time to move on as soon as possible. :drill:

CW: 154

lexie67
05-19-2014, 08:40 PM
I've been hanging out in the 150's for quite a while now. Enough is enough. Time to move on as soon as possible. :drill:

Meeeee too! I've been bouncing between 155-165 since 2010. And while I'm glad I've managed to maintain the 30ish pounds I lost a few years ago instead of gaining back up, I'm so ready be outta here. So I'm joining this thread about getting outta here. I've been lurking 3FC and back on OP for a couple of weeks... 157.0 this morning. We can do this!

Syckgirlsfv
05-19-2014, 08:53 PM
I am at 160.8 today...movin' in on the 150's again, finally, after almost a year! Was 158 last July and then went to Vegas. End of story ;) Didn't try after that and went back up to 172, yuck! I'll be back soon!

dangerouscurves76
05-22-2014, 12:10 PM
Well...I'm getting closer and closer to my weigh-in day on Sunday. :dizzy: Please scale gods be kind to me! Show me a little mercy and of course some kind of loss.:goodscale: Pretty please! :)

Syckgirlsfv
05-22-2014, 12:44 PM
ok so I'm 159.6 two days in a row...let's hope this sticks and the downward trend continues! 4.4 more pounds and 25 days until VEGAS!

Lilbert
05-23-2014, 03:31 AM
158 lb this morning! :D joining you all (just hopped over from the 160 thread). :carrot:

lexie67
05-24-2014, 01:11 PM
Nice work everyone! Here's hoping we never have to see 16x.x ever again.

I'm 158.3 this morning after a nice week in the 156-157 range :/. I know it's water because I can see it, but I've also unnecessarily indulged in some of my roommate's chocolate the last couple of nights... certainly not on a binge level, but they did add some x marks to otherwise healthy eating days. I don't think that's why I'm up, but I still want to be better about it this weekend!

Syckgirlsfv
05-24-2014, 01:23 PM
yesterday I was still 159.6 but I ate out. That right there is reason enough to have water gain! I had taquitos, chips and guac...amazing stuff and not too much, but sadly, I thought it might result in a gain. I'm up .8. 160.4 this morning - I'll make sure and do some good sweating today and get it off. But I'm a little pissed about it. >:(

dangerouscurves76
05-27-2014, 12:40 PM

I'm super excited to report that I weighed in at 151.5 on Sunday! :carrot: If I really buckle down and stay motivated, I could be in the 140's by this weekend. :dizzy:

Keep up the good work everyone!

Syckgirlsfv
05-27-2014, 01:06 PM
159.2 this morning...getting close to my goal of 155 by VEGAS!

kk2323
05-27-2014, 02:44 PM
Hi guys,

You all are amazing! Hang in there. We will all be out of here before we know it. As for me, I'm on the struggle bus - trying to get off. I keep going down and right back up.

Today: 155.4

Go away weight.

Thanks all! :)

Lilbert
05-29-2014, 04:09 AM
Still 158lb this morning. :)

Syckgirlsfv
05-29-2014, 12:11 PM
I was 158.8 yesterday and then I ate popcorn which was little too salty...that said, still here!~

Lilbert
05-29-2014, 12:24 PM
Well done! :carrot:

Lilbert
05-30-2014, 04:56 AM
157.2!! Bit of a whoosh there! :)

Syckgirlsfv
05-30-2014, 12:43 PM
159.2 - almost back to the 158 range! TOM is stalking me...but usually once it gets going I start dropping the water it causes a few days before. 16 days to Vegas...a couple more pounds would work! :D

BeachBreeze2010
05-30-2014, 03:18 PM
Hi Syckgirlsfv! I found the new thread!

I'm 158.2 as of this am. I'm going to keep my head on this weekend and keep going through these 150s!

Syckgirlsfv
05-30-2014, 04:41 PM
alright way to go beachbreeze!!!

dangerouscurves76
05-30-2014, 08:11 PM

I'm so happy to see everyone kicking booty in here! Can't wait to say goodbye to the 150s...the sooner the better!

My next weigh-in is Sunday. Praying as always for some kind of loss. :dizzy:

Syckgirlsfv
06-02-2014, 02:03 PM
morning all I was bad yesterday and had a few shots of vodka with DH. ugh. But I've had a bunch of coconut water already today and some recovery hydrating powder I got that is amazing. So I feel fine. I am not going to like the scale later, though, because I do expect water gain from it. But this morning the scale said 157.4

We are having so much fun on our new bikes that we rode a total of 24 miles yesterday!!! MapMyWalk says I burned over 1,000 calories! I believe it because of all that biking. It is such a HUGE difference to have speeds! I've never used them before...always before on our fixed gear bikes we would be just dying to get home after riding like 8 miles.

Here's to drinking enough water today to drown in!

Syckgirlsfv
06-03-2014, 02:11 PM
6/1/14 - 158.8
6/2/14 - 157.4 (expecting water gain...damn vodka!)
6/3/14 - 158.6 (there's that water...not bad though!)

I have a group presentation to do tonight in accounting...I HATE presentations. I don't even really know what I'm going to say! I guess I'll figure it out when I get up there - it's just financial ratios. WHATEVER.

Lilbert
06-04-2014, 07:44 AM
159, keep bouncing between 158 and 160 :( can't seem to break past 157 consistently.

Thousandsunny
06-04-2014, 09:30 AM
Hi all,
Been bouncing between 153 and 158 (I know, right? A loooooot of cookouts recently...) and I think I'm steady again at 154. It's been tough to keep at the gym but I've been better. I need to start upping my cardio since I am having trouble getting my mile down. Grr...

Good luck to all!

Gingerjv
06-04-2014, 12:19 PM
Good luck to all! keep going! congrats with great results!)

Syckgirlsfv
06-04-2014, 01:15 PM
I think I'm here for the long haul now! Bye Bye 160's, it's been over a week I've been in the 150's!

I'm off today for a Jewish Holiday, the temple and schools I work for is closed. Going to the doctor for a follow up on my blood work - I'm sure he wants to tell me to lower my cholesterol, even though I last tested at 207. He wants it to be 190 or less :( also my billirubins were high last time, so I'm sure it's the same this time, though I don't know why or what that really means. My liver numbers were super low, so I don't really understand!

I weighed 157.4 today :D presentation went well and I'm SO glad it's done! Finals next week and then a week off before Summer quarter starts!

Taking a big, long bike ride with DH later after Dr. appointment! YAY!!!

6/1/14 - 158.8
6/4/14 - 157.4 (there's that number again! ;) )

Syckgirlsfv
06-05-2014, 01:06 PM
6/1/14 - 158.8
6/4/14 - 157.4 (there's that number again! )
6/5/14 - 157.6 (little bit of water, no biggie)

Syckgirlsfv
06-06-2014, 12:53 PM
6/1/14 - 158.8
6/4/14 - 157.4 (there's that number again! )
6/5/14 - 157.6 (little bit of water, no biggie)
6/6/14 - 157.6 (didn't get to do cardio yesterday)

tropica
06-06-2014, 01:10 PM
Hey guys!

I would like to join you. I use to be on here in 2011 and I am now back to do this again! I have found it a lot harder this time around, but I think I'm on a better track than before. I have been stuck at around 157 for 5 weeks. It's been super frustrating, but excited to have some support on this forum!

Syckgirlsfv
06-07-2014, 02:27 PM
morning :D

9 DAYS TIL VEGAS!!! WEEEEEEEEEEEE!

I'm STILL 157 range...this morning 157.4. I seem to be sticking on the scale a little right now, but I try to remember that happens and then one day it will be lower all of a sudden. I guess I just want to see 155 really bad, before Vegas, so that any water gain afterwards will still keep me under 160.

Rode 12 miles on our bikes yesterday - fun! We are going to ride to a place called Bon Vivant a little later for lunch. It's a very cool market style restaurant with the whole front of it opening on to the sidewalk. Very eclectic and swanky! Should be fun, and they have healthy stuff, too.

love2b150
06-08-2014, 09:36 PM
Hi tropica :welcome: back to the forums :) I'm trying to stay in this decade. I'm still posting in the 160's thread since I can't seem to fully move from it but I hope to join you and Syckgirlsfv soon :)

Syckgirlsfv, I'm trying to get a streak going to show me that I am actually moving forward, hope to get in here soon :) Hope you see a great whoosh soon :crossed:

I'm 158.2 today ... the last time I saw this number I went back to 160

love2b150
06-09-2014, 09:03 PM
up .2 to 158.4 this morning. I think trying to get to 157 is gonna be hard why because I can't seem to get under 158.2 :(

tropica
06-09-2014, 10:09 PM
up .2 to 158.4 this morning. I think trying to get to 157 is gonna be hard why because I can't seem to get under 158.2 :(

I feel ya love2b. I can't seem to get under 156

Syckgirlsfv
06-10-2014, 11:57 AM
morning everyone - I'm in the midst of finals and haven't posted for a day or two - was up 2 pounds due to sodium and mid-cycle madness, but as of this morning one of them has departed. 158. Eh. Never left the 150's though! Need the other pound to leave quickly so I can drop 2 more in the next 6 days! (I'm gonna try like ****!)

Lilbert
06-11-2014, 07:23 AM
158 this morning. After a weekend camping with constant BBQ and wine and a takeout when we got back!! :o think I got away lightly there!

Syckgirlsfv
06-11-2014, 11:59 AM
back to 157 this morning...2 more pounds in 5 days? can I do it? I'm going to try my *** off!!! ha ha VEGAS in 5 days!

Syckgirlsfv
06-12-2014, 02:20 PM
157 still. ARGH! ate under calories yesterday AND the day before, and rode 11 miles on bikes with DH last night. oh well...seemed to have been a little plugged up until I got to work this morning, and then magically the situation corrected itself. I expect the scale to move down tomorrow...

Syckgirlsfv
06-13-2014, 02:03 PM
HI EVERYONE!!!! So I'm 157.4 today, and it's ok by me but I'm still going to try to get at LEAST to 156 by Monday. VEGAS!!!!! :carrot::carrot::carrot:We leave around 10 a.m Monday morning, and it will take us 4 hours to drive with some stops in between. The drive there is always fun :D

I'm bringing coconut waters with me and also some re-hydration powder that's clinical strength. I plan on staying hydrated to reduce any water gain to a minimum, but if we get out on to the strip to do some walking that will help. I plan on mixing the rum I got with the coconut water but I'm thinking during the day I may just drink water. It's going to be 100 degrees.

Rode 11 miles again yesterday.

hiddenstar
06-13-2014, 09:33 PM
Greetings to old friends and new in the 150's.

I believe that I am officially here and not going back to the 160's. I haven't yet decided if I am going to be a permanent member or just passing thru. My original goal is 150. However, i still have a lot a fat in my stomach and thighs. Hopefully, that will start to disappear the closer I get.

6/8 - 160.0
6/9 - 159.8
6/10 - 159.6
6/11 - 158.4
6/12 - 157.6
6/13 - 159.4. (Survived ds birthday at pizza buffett)

hiddenstar
06-14-2014, 03:36 PM
I stayed the same but have learned in the past it usually takes me 3 days to drop after high sodium meal.

6/8 - 160.0
6/9 - 159.8
6/10 - 159.6
6/11 - 158.4
6/12 - 157.6
6/13 - 159.4
6/14 - 159.4

Syckgirlsfv
06-14-2014, 03:38 PM
I'm still 157.4...argh! LOL not complaining...still in the 150's.

hiddenstar
06-14-2014, 11:00 PM
Syckgirlsfv - have an awesome time in Vegas. Hope to see you back here when you return. Perhaps activity will pick up in this thread by then.

Syckgirlsfv
06-14-2014, 11:08 PM
I know! I seem to be talking to myself a lot here, which is why I still go back to the 160's thread. And thanks, Hiddenstar!!!

hiddenstar
06-15-2014, 08:24 AM
Lost some of the sodium weight. :) I have a family reunion in middle of July so I'm trying to get as close to goal as I can by then.

I found for me daily taking of weight helpful. I can see where I messed up or had to much sodium. The days that I can't explain, I usually relate to hormones.

6/8 - 160.0
6/9 - 159.8
6/10 - 159.6
6/11 - 158.4
6/12 - 157.6
6/13 - 159.4
6/14 - 159.4
6/15 - 158.2

kris2008
06-15-2014, 11:00 AM
Hello 150's! I hope to be in 140's next week. Looks like I'll have to start a new thread. Make your own luck and keep moving!

hiddenstar
06-15-2014, 07:45 PM
WELCOME KRIS2008 - glad to have you join even if your stay might be short. I'm new to the group also this week. But i know i will be here at least a few weeks before i even hit the 140's.

I screwed up today. DH wanted to go out for Fathers day. I ordered a sandwich and subbed the side. However, they brought it to me with the standard potato chips. They eventually came with my side but the chips were still there. I'm sure you can guess what happens next. I start munching on the chips. I don't think that i overly screwed up my calories - going to eat small dinner. But i bet my sodium will be high again. So i'm drinking lots of water but i bet i'll be up in water weight tomorrow.

Syckgirlsfv
06-15-2014, 08:28 PM
157 still...doesn't look like 156 or 155 by tomorrow, but whatever I leave around 10 in the morning and roll in to Vegas around 2! Burned 300 calories on a short bike rider earlier - rode 7.5 miles to some banks in the area pulling out cash for Vegas with DH. Ha ha! We are going to eat soon for Father's day - Not a Burger Stand is what DH wants. Love that place! We'll see what happens.

I have us stocked up on electrolyte water and rehydration powder for the next 3 days. Got coconut water to mix with my rum, too. Gonna do my best not to become dehydrated!

hiddenstar
06-16-2014, 09:00 AM
:carrot: 157.4 today

Surprised but happy. Really pushed the water yesterday. Need to stick to plan next 4 weeks. Family reunion coming up. Doubt i would reach goal but want to be as close as possible,

love2b150
06-16-2014, 02:18 PM
Hello 150's! I hope to be in 140's next week. Looks like I'll have to start a new thread. Make your own luck and keep moving!

the 140's thread is in the featherweights forums, I'm so happy for you all, keep up the good work :)

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/featherweights/294027-goodbye-140s.html

hiddenstar I think you can do it in four weeks, GO FOR IT :high:

hiddenstar
06-16-2014, 06:58 PM
"the 140's thread is in the featherweights forums"

- even if I make it to the 140's, I don't think that I could ever imagine myself as a featherweight. :D. Just by being taller, I always feel bigger than most.

Thanks for the encouragement Rennie. Can't wait for you to be here. 150's is a bit lonely.

I sure wish I knew what weight is my stopping number. I start to think only 10 more pounds. Then It is maybe 15 or 20. Which can get a little depressing. I know that I have to keep working at it and I will get there eventually.

love2b150
06-16-2014, 08:26 PM
LOL hiddenstar I thought the same thing. I guess I don't know what a featherweight is. I was thinking like my daughter and my Mom's size 120-109. But maybe it's like in boxing, idk :D I'm trying to get here and stay here. I don't know what tomorrow's weigh in will be. I started out doing really well today and blew it so it won't be tomorrow ;) I don't know what my stopping number will be either. I first said 150, then 132 but some are saying that still looks heavy at my height so we shall see :) I've gotta get out of the 160's first ;)

JenteIsving
06-17-2014, 06:10 AM
:D I'm with you on the featherweight thing, Rennie and hiddenstar.
It feels totally surreal to me that the next thread after this one is in the featherweight forums :dizzy:

Buuut first I'd have to get there anyway :D

I just got down to 158.1 this morning :D

Um, I'm just gonna copy what I wrote over in the "Out of the 160's" thread:

I have a family trip waiting for me at the end of the month. My parents, my siblings, their partners and me will all travel to Austria for my dad's and my SIL's birthdays. I mean it's just a few days and it's "just" Austria, but at the same time... it's Austria. The land of strudel and gourmet coffees-coffee specialties and mozart chocolate and a very Alpine kind of "mac'n'cheese" and all sorts of fabulous, delicious desserts that are nonchalantly, and traditionally to boot, served as main courses and... um, I guess you get the picture

So here's the plan: before any of that happens, I'd like to get down at least another couple of pounds, like two or three would be awesome. I just have this sneaking suspicion that the entire trip might turn into one gigantic "cheat meal" (one that I won't even regret one bit ), so I guess the only way to minimize the damage is to lose a couple of pounds before I even leave
And we'll see if I still belong on the 150s thread then (fingers crossed)

On another note - I'm getting closer to my next mini goal. 152.5 pounds. Half my starting weight :o

Lilbert
06-17-2014, 08:01 AM
156.5 :) its coming off slowly but surely! x

hiddenstar
06-17-2014, 09:55 AM
Jentelsving - CONGRATS on reaching the 150's. Your trip sounds like fun. Enjoy. I think cheating is ok for special occasions like vacations. As long as every day doesn't turn into a cheat.

Lilbert - slow and steady. It seems that is how most of us progress. If we don't quit, we will get there.

Still doing good. Up a little but that's how it goes sometimes. Yesterday, I stayed within calories and got in a workout.

6/16 - 157.4
6/17 - 157.6

love2b150
06-17-2014, 10:27 AM
JenteIsving, :congrat: on the 150's :high: I copy and paste alot ;) I would definitely enjoy each and every moment in Austria. I would be conscious of what I ate but I would eat everything that I wanted without stuffing myself. I can say that because last week that is what I did right here at home. I think mentally I was tired of eating OP and decided I wanted to eat what I wanted and I did. My highest weight was 165.6 and I thought oh no but I did it. It was all carbs, sweets and junk and so so good :drool: ... :congrat: on being so close to your next mini goal :)

Lilbert, nice weigh in :)

hiddenstar, you're doing great, just a smidgen of water in your muscles :)

I hope to join you all soon. My bloat is coming off thank goodness, since it's just water weight. Weigh in today 161.2

hiddenstar
06-18-2014, 09:42 AM
Up a little again. Must be some hormone thing cuz I kept to plan.

Exactly 1 month to reunion. Hoping I could drop another 4-5 pounds by then.

6/16 - 157.4
6/17 - 157.6
6/18 - 157.8

love2b150
06-18-2014, 11:35 AM
hiddenstar could be just a little water, our bodies are so interesting :)

OK so you want to be 152-153 by July 17-18th. I hope to be 155 by then. Our anniversary is on the 27th. It would be a great present to me and a shock ;) I hope to join you soon. My weigh in today was 160.4.

love2b150
06-18-2014, 02:30 PM
OK HERE IS SOME INFORMATION ON THE FEATHERWEIGHTS FORUMS ... I copied it from the start up thread (I think it was the start up thread)

Welcome, Featherweights!

If you only have a few pounds to lose, you're a featherweight! We have all types of women on 3FC, and we all have different needs. A woman that has 200 pounds to lose has different needs from one that needs to lose 50 pounds and one that needs to lose 10 pounds. Thus, we have added Featherweights!

If you need to lose 10-15 pounds, you might find that you don't get all the sympathy you feel you deserve. We understand that it isn't always easy to lose weight, no matter how much you need to lose. We hope by starting this corner of the forum, that it will enhance the whole Fat Chick Experience for you.

Welcome!!

PS - This is not only for 10-15 pounders - if you feel like you can benefit from this forum, you are welcome!

So I guess when I get to the 140's I'll belong there with 12lbs to lose :)

hiddenstar
06-18-2014, 02:45 PM
Interesting about the feathweights. I guess that i need to check it out. Maybe there is more activity over there. But i will stay posting here also. I got tobe getting close according to the charts/calcs that i used. I just seem to have a lot stillin stomach and thighs.

Rennie - i was reading the 160's thread also. Noticed that your not a jelly person either. Thought i was the only one. I eat my peanut butter sandwiches plain. Just PB and bread.

love2b150
06-18-2014, 02:50 PM
hiddenstar, Yeah you definitely need to be over there with only 7lbs to go. I am so happy for you :high: I buy the Polaner's grape and Welch's grape jam. You can spread them super super thin. I do that when I want something sweet, otherwise I just do peanut butter also. I can eat that stuff by the jar :) sad.

hiddenstar
06-19-2014, 01:20 PM
157.8 again today. Ready to start going down more. Wish the scale agreed. Feeling the blahs today. No particular reason but its making me want to just sit and munch in front of tv.

I posted on the featherwights but no one responded yet. They have a 130 and 140 group but no 150.

Syckgirlsfv
06-19-2014, 02:59 PM
I'm baaaaaack!

So I did have a gain, obviously, but as of this morning it's only 4 pounds of water instead of the usual 7. I drank a lot less this trip :lol:

161.4 :cry: LOL I'm ok with it. It's absolutely water as I did have some Thai food for dinner last night, too. We'll go for a bike ride after work!

We had such a blast! Ridiculous! I was up $1000 the first night, then another $100 on Tuesday night, but I gave $300 back. I did come home winning $800 though! I only took $700 with me and I came back with $1500. Can't complain. Back to the weight loss journey!

hiddenstar
06-19-2014, 04:14 PM
WELCOME BACK Syckgirlsfv! :hug:

Sounds like you had a good time and kept things in control. I'm sure you will be back in the 150's in 2-3 days. At least that's how long it takes me to get rid of water weight.

Congrats on your winnings! What game did you play that won you the most? I hope you use a little of that money for something special for yourself.

Glad you are refocusing on your weightloss journey. Let's finish this race and knock off those last few pounds.

love2b150
06-19-2014, 04:32 PM
copy & pasted from 160's thread :) Syckgirlsfv, no tears, you did great :hug: and :congrat: on your winnings :) I think with your level of activity you'll see the 150's sooner than later :)

hiddenstar, I can't wait to get over there. Maybe you can start a 150's in the featherweight using the same criteria that they had on the first post which I copied above and title it something about tall and featherweight. You may get more hits. Just a thought. I'm sorry to hear you are having a blah feeling day :hug: hope it improves. Do you have anyone that you can text that is doing this journey with you. I am so grateful for my text buddies. It sure does help to get it out and not on the boards for the world to read. We actually do messaging on MFP which is great because it comes straight to my phone so it's just like texting.

I am so close to joining you on this thread, 160.2 today. I so hope I have a great weigh in tomorrow :crossed:

Syckgirlsfv
06-19-2014, 05:50 PM
hiddenstar - I play black jack :) I don't usually do slots because it's a big waste of money most times, but I really wanted to play The Walking Dead slots - it's just I didn't get time. Right after we saw the show (KA) was when we were over where those machines are, and there were no open spots. But there was only 6 machines :(

love2b - lets get back in the 150's! I'm saying I should be back to 157 by middle of next week. I pick Wednesday! BUT, TOM should be here soon and the alcohol from Vegas has got me plugged up since Tuesday. I'll try though!

love2b150
06-19-2014, 11:37 PM
Syckgirlsfv sounds like a plan. :crossed:

We loss power after a freak storm and decided to go to our daughters to cook. The power came back on as I was getting things together but her Daddy said, let's go anyway :) We made our baby's evening ... she got to spend time with her family and had dinner to boot, that she didn't have to cook nor clean up afterwards ;) and I got to go to the mini gym for my 2.19 mile treadmill walk. I really really want to see the 150's tomorrow, pleaseeeeeee :)

Lilbert
06-20-2014, 03:37 AM
152.5! massive whoosh. Going to change the battery on the scale later to make sure that's correct, lol!

maddierep
06-20-2014, 07:22 AM
152.2!

now of course to stay on track for a whole week so can leave the 150s behind.

just need to keep my motivation up

Syckgirlsfv
06-20-2014, 11:41 AM
down

Syckgirlsfv
06-20-2014, 11:42 AM
down 1 pound of water...160.4. So far so good, just need to ditch the other 3 :D

hiddenstar
06-20-2014, 06:01 PM
Yesterday, ate alot early in the day. Kept track of everything. By dinner, I wasnt hungry so I ended the day Op. Made a decision that I really need to eat more veggies. So I will start concentrating on that.

At my low again. Staying solidly in the 157.

6/16 - 157.4
6/17 - 157.6
6/18 - 157.8
6/19 - 157.8
6/20 - 157.4

love2b150
06-20-2014, 07:57 PM
got to see 159.8 this morning ... it really made me smile. Don't know if it will last through the weekend ... we shall see ... sending myself some :dust:

Have a great weekend everyone :wave:

JenteIsving
06-20-2014, 08:11 PM
Hi ladies!

Ugh, I feel like I keep disappearing from these forums way too often. I'm still around, though, and still on this journey, apparently just not very talkative these days :o

Thanks for the welcome, ladies :hug:
Oh, I will enjoy my trip! And I will taste each and everything that comes my way - hopefully in moderation, though. Ah, let's see if that's even possible :D
I'll report ;)

hiddenstar - 4 pounds in one months seems doable, and you are so disciplined and focused. I'm rooting for you! :carrot:

Rennie - Whoa, you are so close now! Hurry up! ;) :hug:

Syckgirlsfv - Sounds like you had a great time in Vegas. Congrats on your winnings (and on keeping the "damage" minimal ;) )

Lilbert and maddierep - Whoa, you two are almost out of the 150's! :carrot:

As for me, I had a kind of-sort of planned cheat day yesterday. It was a public holiday so my oldest brother and his family came by and we all went out for dinner. I didn't go too crazy, just ate *cough* "a little" more than usual. Truth be told, I'd wanted to try a scheduled cheat day for a while now because I thought shaking things up a bit might help.
Turns out it didn't. I'm up today. 158.2 ;)
Yeah, I know, definitely not worth crying over and I won't even change my stats. I suppose I'm just not really sure what to make of that right now. Should I be wary of the upcoming trip? Ah, it's probably just me overthinking and complicating things again, right? Right.
To be perfectly honest, though, I think I'm slowly growing impatient these days. It dawned on me not too long ago that I'll probably, hopefully (fingers crossed) apply to grad school in March, and I'd love to do that at "goal weight" (whatever that will be). Plus, that time frame coincides roughly with my three year anniversary (I set out on this journey on Feb 28). So yeah... I don't know. Right now, that would be a dream goal of mine.

Oy, talk about addleheaded! :o

Anyway, I was back on plan today, both eating-wise and exercise-wise. So here's to hoping the scale will acknowledge just how good I've been lately (minus yesterday, of course) ;)

JenteIsving
06-20-2014, 08:13 PM
Ha! Here I am, still typing and asking Rennie to please hurry up - and you are already here :D

Congrats on the 159 :hug:

love2b150
06-20-2014, 10:55 PM
Lilbert :congrat: on your whoosh .... omgoodness wouldn't I love to do that also :)

Maddie and Lilbert you are on your way out of here for sure :high:

Syckgirlsfv you are here :) but you already knew that ;)

hiddenstar I want to join you on the decision to eat more vegetables if you don't mind. Which veggies do you like the most? Raw/cooked?

We need to grocery shopping (I need to) ... most of the vegetables that I like are starchy and heavy or I don't prepare them in a not so healthy way. I love green peas (but only LeSueur early June peas), corn, potatoes, yams/sweet potatoes (not the healthy way), broccoli and cauliflower (steamed not raw), cucumber, pickled beets, cabbage (raw and cooked), greens (collard, turnip, mustard), turnips, zucchini, yellow squash, spaghetti squash, tomato, Brussel sprouts, spinach (raw and cooked) and bean sprouts ... wow I like more than I thought.

Thanks JenteIsving :) No you shouldn't be wary of the upcoming trip. I personally think that family/good friend time is important and we should enjoy ourselves. Now with that said ... We just have to learn how to be mindful of the amount of food that we consume and what we consume. (talking to myself here) I had to focus on that last weekend and the food part wasn't hard it was the desserts for me :drool: I learned that when I want something sweet nothing is as sweet as it use to be and I just kept eating to try to find it. So hopefully the next time I get that taste I will be able to control it. :crossed: Good for you on making up your mind to go back to school, that's great :)

Hoping for great weigh-ins for all :crossed:

hiddenstar
06-21-2014, 09:16 AM
Rennie - I like most of my veggies raw. Maybe with a little Ranch but need to find a better dip. You like way more veggies than me. I think that is one of my struggles. Yesterday, I ate raw carrots for a snack instead of a granola or something like that. I need to get to the grocery store and by more varieties.

Lilbert - congrats on your woosh!

Jentelsving - keep up with that great attitude.

I seem to be holding steady.

6/16 - 157.4
6/17 - 157.6
6/18 - 157.8
6/19 - 157.8
6/20 - 157.4
6/21 - 157.4

love2b150
06-21-2014, 11:41 AM
hiddenstar, raw is much healthier than cooked so you get all of the nutrients. And at least you like carrots. I can only eat them cooked in a stew or shredded and I mean shredded (like when I make a slaw). I was told to watch the sugar content in them which I didn't know even existed. I just thought they were a healthy vegetable. You're holding at 157 and I am at 159.8 day two. I guess I shouldn't complain huh :)

Syckgirlsfv
06-21-2014, 12:47 PM
down another pound of water this morning!

159.4 :D

didn't exercise yesterday - we had a rest day AND ate pizza. We're planning a big bike ride today, though...just deciding where to go right now. We want to make it at least 14 miles :dizzy:

All of you ladies have a great day!!!!! :sun:

love2b150
06-21-2014, 09:26 PM
Still at 159.8 this morning ... I hope that I have a good weigh in tomorrow. Today wasn't an OP day :(

Syckgirlsfv
06-23-2014, 03:30 PM
159.0 this morning...scale moving down slowly, but TOM is here. Rode 13 miles yesterday with DH and some of it was some pretty beastly hills :)

I booked Vegas for December's vacation already...I know, I'm :crazy:! LOL. But I get really good deals and have something to look forward to until then. :D

hiddenstar
06-24-2014, 10:33 AM
Had a bad weekend food wise. My sister came in town. Ended up having pizza and other stuff that I know is high in sodium. Weight shot up high but is coming down now. I am at 158.4 today. Plus I am having a hard time drinking water. It's funny some days, I could just guzzle the water and other days I'm hardly drinking any.

Syckgirlsfv - good job keeping up the bike rides. Sounds like you have a new goal date in December for your new Vegas trip. Will you be going to mgm again or try different hotel?

Rennie - hope your still in 150's this morning.

Syckgirlsfv
06-24-2014, 12:42 PM
I booked strip view at Mandalay Bay - I've stayed in their strip view rooms before, and they have some of the best views on the strip because they are at the south end of the strip, which means you can see all the way down. It's intense, and the windows are floor to ceiling, which adds to it :D It's a very large place, and it's beautiful, plus it connects via Mandalay Place (shops and restaurants) to Luxor.

on the scale this morning - 158.6 another pound and a half and I'll be where I was the day I left for Vegas, which was only 8 days ago. Not bad considering I came back only 6 days ago! We might have pizza tonight, though :dizzy: but we're going to get in at least 11 or 12 miles of bike ride!

maddierep
06-25-2014, 02:45 AM
hi everyone - am still here 150.8

now just need to make sure i keep up my good habits.

good luck all!

Syckgirlsfv
06-25-2014, 12:19 PM
158.2 this morning...but I had El Pollo Loco last night after the bike ride, which is sort of sodium heavy! Rode 20 miles this time...DANG. Loved every minute of it~!

hiddenstar
06-25-2014, 05:02 PM
Syckgirlsfv - that weight is good after high sodium meal.

I'm back to 157.8. Now have to try and get lower.

love2b150
06-25-2014, 05:42 PM
hiddenstar yay, glad you are back to 157 :high: but me, nope not even close to the 150's. I have had some off eating days and then TOM showed up full force so I am up to 166.2 today. I am today (so far) having my first OP day with food but no exercise. My throat is still bothering me off and on but I'm surviving. I hope to at least be back at 160 even by the 30th since that is what I was on 6/1.

Mad Donnelly
06-26-2014, 05:59 AM
I'm here! Nothing to say other than that right now in the middle of the night.

hiddenstar
06-26-2014, 10:16 AM
Mad Donnelly - :carrot: congrats on making it to the 150's.

Rennie - hang in there. :hug: TOM is never fun. I'm finding summer harder with schedule all over the place.

:D. I'm down another pound 156.2. However, i was up most of the night with my sick ds. Don't know if that contributed to it. Maybe got dehydrated more than normal. Hope I'm 156 tomorrow.

Syckgirlsfv
06-26-2014, 12:09 PM
back to 157 already! :D:D:D Took less time than I thought it would :carrot:

I usually just stop when I get back from Vegas...then I have to start all over when I get up around 170 again. WELL NOT THIS TIME! :dizzy::dizzy:

Feels pretty good. School again tonight...:p Everyone seems to be doing well, lets keep it up! love2b I have no doubt you'll be here again quickly...it's water and we all have to deal with it because we are SO blessed with hormones and the like, being women. what fun! LOL. You will do it!;)

Mad Donnelly
06-26-2014, 09:42 PM
Happy to be here. Sad to think how long it'll be to see the 140s since I was in the 160s since March.

hiddenstar
06-26-2014, 10:09 PM
Happy to be here. Sad to think how long it'll be to see the 140s since I was in the 160s since March.

Don't feel too bad. I only got here a week or 2 ago. I got into 160's back in February. Maybe that was our learning curve and will do better this time.

hiddenstar
06-27-2014, 09:21 AM
:goodscale: :woohoo: 155.4 today. Not sure what I did but I'm happy. I haven't been doing the gym as much wonder if it is water weight from the muscles. Going to take measurements tomorrow to see if any is visible.

6/25 - 157.8
6/26 - 156.2
6/27 - 155.4

Family Reunion 7/19

Syckgirlsfv
06-27-2014, 12:50 PM
good going, hiddenstar!!! :yay:

157.0 this morning - the exact weight I was when I left for Vegas on the 16th. Took me 11 days to shake that 4 pounds of water! But TOM was involved earlier this week so I'll take it. Everyone keep on keepin' on !

hiddenstar
06-28-2014, 10:15 AM
:stars::stars: My head is spinning right now cause I don't know what's going on. Must be a swoosh thing. I dropped another pound today. Which means that I have officially lost 40 pounds total today. I never realized that I had that much and more to lose. I was in self denial before. I look at my dog that is 40 pounds and am in total shock.

I did my measurements today and I am down an inch in the waist. I also did a online calculator where you put in your measurements and it suggest my goal weight should be 145.

6/25 - 157.8
6/26 - 156.2
6/27 - 155.4
6/28 - 154.6

Syckgirlsfv
06-28-2014, 11:55 AM
nice, hiddenstar! I am down, too...156.4 today! :yay:

hiddenstar
06-29-2014, 10:06 AM
Syckgirlsfv - woohoo to your 156. Let's get thru these 150.

I'm up a little but I expected it. We had pizza yesterday and went over on sodium.

6/25 - 157.8
6/26 - 156.2
6/27 - 155.4
6/28 - 154.6
6/29 - 155.4

Syckgirlsfv
06-29-2014, 01:26 PM
i'm up a little today, too. 157.0. We had an event yesterday at a convention center that included dinner and drinks...needless to say I did have some drinks. I expect a little water gain, but I did make sure to drink a lot of water, too, so it may not be bad. Probably going to get out on our bikes later and get our sweat on :D

LilDazed
06-30-2014, 11:22 AM
Alrighty! Recently made it into the 150's. =P Time to keep trucking. I do feel lighter though. It's nice. :cb:

GourmetGirl
06-30-2014, 12:44 PM
Its inspiring to see all of the weight everyone has lost. I just joined this site and Im at 159 right now and hope to get down to 130. I'm not quite sure where to start though. I know I don't want to diet and it seems easier for me to just count calories. Breakfast seems to be the hardest to come up with meal ideas. I can't eat eggs and I'm not too fond of breakfast foods like oatmeal and I don't like nuts.
What does everyone do for exercise? I figure I could jump rope, do push ups, lift weights, and go on the elliptical in my garage.

Mad Donnelly
06-30-2014, 01:15 PM
GourmetGirl, you can eat whatever you want for breakfast. I think it's easier if you start thinking out of the box cos for me, my "go to" breakfast would always be nothing but carbs and would get me nowhere.

Lift weights def. and/or all the other stuff you mentioned.

hiddenstar
06-30-2014, 09:47 PM
Gourmet girl - what did you use to eat for breakfast? It's all about portion control when counting calories. I have changed some meals cuz of high calories but alot stayed the same just smaller/reasonable portions. I use to do cereal in the morning but found carbs that early didn't help me. I now do smoothies. Typically milk, banana, spinach, cocoa and protein powder. Sometimes, I'll add blueberries or strawberries. Helps make sure I get my fruits and veggies. Spinach may sound gross but can't even taste it. Someone else told me about it. Tried it and couldn't tell. All exercise is good - pick what you enjoy best or keep changing it up. I do a lot of weight lifting but I really enjoy it.

Lildazed - :welcome3:

I went up again but knew it was going to happen. I was feeling a little sick yesterday so ate a can of soup. Even though I my calories, sodium is outrageous. I love soup. I really need to make homemade soup and freeze some. Got a great workout today at the gym. Haven't done that most of June.

6/25 - 157.8
6/26 - 156.2
6/27 - 155.4
6/28 - 154.6
6/29 - 155.4
6/30 - 156.2

hiddenstar
07-01-2014, 09:50 AM
Stayed basically the same. Was OP Yesterday and came in low on sodium. So hopes that offsets the high sodium days.

7/1 - 156.0

Syckgirlsfv
07-01-2014, 12:36 PM
morning! holding a little water...158 this morning. Result of Saturday's dinner outing plus drinks. I don't mind - it's water and I'm getting it off!

going to ride at least 15 miles tonight with DH :D

hiddenstar
07-01-2014, 03:00 PM
Syckgirlsfv - I'm just amazed at your dedication to bike riding! Is your dh losing weight also or just trying to get healthier?

LilDazed
07-01-2014, 03:13 PM
hiddenstar - Thanks for the warm welcome! :hyper:

Syckgirlsfv - 15 miles! Wow! That's impressive. :)

GourmetGirl - I try and make it to the gym at least 5-6 times a week and use the elliptical. I haven't done any strength training yet, but I'm debating on starting maybe in a month. I've always liked cardio a lot more. As for breakfast, I've taken a loving to rice cakes with peanut butter and/or spreadable fruit. It is tough to take the time and prepare stuff in the morning. I'm always on the go rushing to get to work. =P

love2b150
07-01-2014, 04:00 PM
hiddenstar and Syckgirlsfv ... I'm trying to keep up with you ;)

hiddenstar, I love soup also, it's crazy the amount of sodium in it and then if you eat the whole can like me and add crackers, yowzers :yikes: I hope you're feeling better :) It's amazing how you can add the spinach and it changes the color a little or alot without berries but doesn't change the taste at all :)

Syckgirlsfv as usual you've got this no worries :)

Hi GourmetGirl and LilDazed :wave:

Please send me some :dust: to stay here this time, this is my third time on this thread ... 159.4 this morning down 1.2.

My son and I have decided to do a 15lb challenge till Sept 1st. He told me he reached a new low today of 242.6 so he is coming down nicely with football. His goal is 227 and mine is 144. Our first weigh in is Monday. I need to lose 1.5lbs a week to make goal :)

Syckgirlsfv
07-01-2014, 04:19 PM
hiddenstar - he is losing some pounds, too...but he still drinks more than I do so it's slow. But he HAS lost about 12 pounds - he's down to 250 and he was 262 a few months ago. He really just loves to ride mostly for the fun of it, but also for the health benefits. He's a big guy, though...6 feet tall and very muscular. Here is a pic of us from Vegas 2 weeks ago :D after both of us have lost 15 pounds. We still are at these weights ;)

hope it comes out!

love2b150
07-01-2014, 04:52 PM
Great looking couple :)

Syckgirlsfv
07-01-2014, 05:05 PM
love2b150 thank you, that's very kind of you :D

Mad Donnelly
07-01-2014, 08:30 PM
Down another pound so I'm officially calling myself in the 150s and out of my stall. I had slowed down to about 3 lbs a month for the last couple of months, but now I feel like I'm changing my number a lot more often again. Yay!! I think it's about 4 pounds in one month now so I am fine if I stay at that rate or maybe a little faster because that means I can call goal in 2 or 3 months!

I will reassess how I feel emotionally when I hit goal. I am defining "goal" as 145 or no longer considered "overweight". Obviously I'd like a little "cushion" pounds; but also, I will still be doing what I can to help my body to tone and to get rid of the belly fat. I feel like 13 more pounds will not rid me of all the fat I need to get rid of.

hiddenstar
07-02-2014, 08:17 AM
Syckgirlsfv - you both look great! :)

Love2b150 - :dust::dust::dust:
Hope you are here to stay. That's great that you have a challenge with your son. It will help keep the 2 of you motivated.

Mad Donnelly - glad that you made it fully. :D

I'm up another pound to 157.0. I was completely ravenous yesterday and kept eating. Then I realized tom is on his way. Usually have a day like this before. Hopefully my numbers and appetite will be normal again when tom leaves.