Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-19-2014, 12:53 PM   #16  
Sailing the Grand Line!

S/C/G: 255/See Sig/130

Height: 5'8"

Hey all,
I've been living in the 150s for months now; much of it my own fault. I need to get back to the gym and stop eating pizza and cheeseburgers during football and hockey games. I've been hovering between 157 and 154 forever and I just want to see 149.9 once before this winter is over!
Thousandsunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 03:11 PM   #17  
Vegetarian, Low carb

S/C/G: 180/168.1/120

Height: 5'2"

Down to 158.4 this morning. Slowly creeping down...
shr1nk1ngme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 04:36 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 180/ticker/129 or so =)

Height: 5'6.5"

Welcome. TS!

'Grats on the progress, Shrinking!

I was down to 149.2 this morning.

I round up, so I'm not declaring victory yet. Also I tend to bounce a bit so I don't think I'll be really ready to move on for a while.

I do find myself getting distracted in the 2 hours before my eating window. Not necessarily hungry, but needing something to do to make the time pass. Right now, that's 3fc!
yoyoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 12:19 PM   #19  
vix

Hey yoyoma! Thanks for the reply on WOE, I think it’s a great way of looking at it, if you can’t do it forever then the results won’t last forever. Well done for getting under 150!!

Welcome underanalysis! Well done for the loss (despite the 2am drunken breakfast! What did you eat? I bet whatever it was will make me jealous! ) Your routine sounds great though so you deserved a little relaxation!

Welcome for good shr1nk1ngme!! Well done for getting into the 150s!

Hey thousandsunny! Welcome to the thread! We can get out of these 150s together!!

Still going with the daily workouts and still eating good but I only weigh in once a week so I have to wait til Friday to see about that...
vix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 11:20 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 212.6/144.2/121

Height: 5'5"

I need to join you all. I have been in the 150's for probably 4 months now. I am low carb, but have been at this for a year and so things are not moving so fast. Part of that is NUTS. I eat too many nuts, When I limit my nuts I inch my way down. I saw 152.8 on Saturday AM - but it has disappeared in a bag of macadamia nuts and 2 cans of Blue Diamond almonds on sale at Target,

I get discouraged about my body fat percentage and waist and abdomen not going down very much. I had to lose 55 lbs to go down 2 sizes. For my first 50 lbs I only lost 2 percent body fat, even though I was spending hours on the treadmill, elliptical and a little bit of time on the bike every week. I have since started with kettlebells in classes that seem a cross between weight training and high intensity training and have lost about 3 1/2 percent more body fat but am stalled again.

I am only about 3 lbs away from having a normal bmi, but the other measurements are still flashing obese. Ugh
buddha belly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 12:07 AM   #21  

Hey, BB, welcome!

I hear you about the nuts. I did low carb for a while but I had issues when I didn't strictly limit nuts, PB, cheese, cream, etc.

I was up to 150.4 this morning. I had a good day yesterday, but I know it goes up and down normally. I won't be surprised to see a higher number before I see more downward progress. (But I can't help hoping that it just goes down instead!)

Last edited by yoyoma; 01-22-2014 at 12:07 AM.
Old 01-22-2014, 12:41 AM   #22  
Vegetarian, Low carb

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddha belly View Post
I eat too many nuts, When I limit my nuts I inch my way down. I saw 152.8 on Saturday AM - but it has disappeared in a bag of macadamia nuts and 2 cans of Blue Diamond almonds on sale...
I remedy this by only buying nuts in-the-shell. It forces me to slow down and eat them one at a time, relishing them.
Old 01-22-2014, 02:50 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 155/124.5/135

Height: 5'7"

Wheeew. Bad week again. We've been really busy and work and I've been pulling 9-11 hour shifts. Last night I had to break my "no fast food" resolution because the guys wanted Culvers for dinner (but I still kept it under 400 cal) AND there was gelato in my house. Key word: WAS!

But I weighed in as usual this morning and I'm down to 152.6 today, so .4 lbs since Saturday. Hopefully if I behave I can move that into 152 flat by this Saturday.

Vix - drunken breakfast was this seasonal dish at the local cafe. Don't remember the name for it, but it's an over-hard egg served on a corn tortilla with a thinslice of ham, covered in ranchero sauce and served with fried plantain slices.

... sorry to make everyone hungry.
underanalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 03:32 PM   #24  

Meh. The scale is still not my friend. Up to 150.6 today. I'm just going to hang in there and see how it goes. If I'm not making any progress over the next week I will rethink what I'm doing, but it's way too early for that now.

UA, going in the right direction is always good!

Hope everyone else is doing well today!
Old 01-22-2014, 10:04 PM   #25  
Sailing the Grand Line!

S/C/G: 255/See Sig/130

Height: 5'8"

Thanks for the welcome, Vix!

Underanalysis, I know what you mean about tough weeks! I've been doing so poorly this week, I need to shape up and get with the program. I just need a program to get with, hehe. Still hovering around 157 for now and a little bummed. Gotta get with it, I've had far too many "oh well, start again tomorrow" days.

Last edited by Thousandsunny; 01-22-2014 at 10:06 PM.
Thousandsunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 09:27 AM   #26  
Vegetarian, Low carb

My weight still wants to stay at the exact same weight it has been for the past five days: 158.4, in spite of the fact that I completely changed what I ate yesterday and added a bunch of different exercise. I think I have found my first "set point". It's really only been five days so I'm not in a panic yet, but I'm definitely going to be mixing it up again today.

But now I am so sore! I am sure I am retaining water in my muscle tissue because I did some serious muscle work yesterday. I have a massage envy gift card in my desk I have been saving for sometime when my body was sore from working out; I think I may need to use it today. I wonder if they can take a walk-in? It would be only the second massage I have ever had in my life. Ordinarily we are too broke for such luxuries.

Bet I will have a nice whoosh after my massage releases all the fluids and any toxins I have been holding on to for days.

Last edited by shr1nk1ngme; 01-23-2014 at 09:40 AM.
Old 01-23-2014, 11:38 AM   #27  
vix

Welcome BB! I love nuts, at home we only used to have them at Christmas so they remind me of that excited feeling I had as a child when I even smell them. Right now I love PB but limit myself to a little every couple days.

Man oh man UA, that breakfast sounds divine!! And gelato, it’s always gotta be referred to in past tense right, the phrase ‘I have gelato in my house’ just doesn't exist!

I had some tough shifts this week too and I know made some bad choices due to lack of time, so I’m disappointed about that. But I am pleased that I am still keeping to my working out every day, even if it’s just for half an hour I absolutely have to go. On Monday I didn’t get home until 11pm but I still went, I just want to stick to it for one month to prove to myself I can do it but as soon as February hits I’m going for an easier challenge! I’m also trying to learn Spanish at the moment so maybe after a month of working out my body I will work out my brain next month and try to learn a new word a day or something – suggestions welcome!

I think it sounds like you deserve that massage shr1nk1ngme!! I only ever had one professional one before myself, like you say they are a luxury. I have a friend living in Thailand though and she gets a massage every week – it’s like $10 or something for an hour!
vix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 08:06 AM   #28  

Shrinking, go get that massage. You deserve some TLC, since the scale is not treating you kindly. Your muscles are clearly telling you that you are putting in the effort!

TS, hovering is better than gaining! If you can maintain, you are close to being able to lose. Maybe you can adopt some small changes to just get in the habit?

Vix, sorry to hear about the tough week. Continuing to work out is great, though, and fantastic for your health.

I've been doing well with eating on plan but the exercise, not so much. The one thing I can really stick with is walking outside, but the cold has kept me indoors. I guess I should find something else I can stick with or move to a warmer climate!

On the bright side, I've bounced back down to 149.2. Still counting that as 150. I'd like to see some lower numbers more consistently before I really view myself as being in the 140's.

Last edited by yoyoma; 01-24-2014 at 08:07 AM.
Old 01-24-2014, 08:47 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 169/135/140

Height: 5ft 5.5 in

For many years I just wanted to reach 150 lb,and this year I buckled down and started counting calories,measuring food and limiting carbs and have been able to reach 144 lb.Now attaining 135 to 140 is my new goal.I started at around 165 and am 5ft 5.5 inches and it has taken me 2 months.
By being on this thread and around others with the same goal who understand, I will be more accountable to myself and able to succeed.
apo9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 09:06 AM   #30  
Vegetarian, Low carb

Never got the massage. My day got too busy and it just wasn't meant to be. But the pain is mostly gone (gonna do the same workout again today) and I finally went down 1.4 pounds, so all is well with the world.

NSV: I can feel my body getting stronger; little things like reaching for something on a high shelf, sitting up in bed, etc. are starting to feel easier. Also my legs are feeling firmer to the touch. w00t!