Weight Loss Support - 300+ And Ready To Try Again.....#365

QueenB
07-08-2003, 09:30 PM
God Bless America!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

We chat at 8:30 PM EST, 7:30 PM CST on Wednesday and Saturday.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.
We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

:wave:WELCOME

QueenB
07-08-2003, 09:41 PM
I am seriously in the throws of PMS or battling some serious depression. Part of me just wants to walk away for a couple of days and then come back here with renewed perspective. But a bigger part of me needs you.....needs to talk to you, as I know only you will understand.

I am so tired of being fat. I am so tired of being unhealthy and uncomfortable. I am also tired of people telling me how easy it is and that all I have to do is get up off my fat a$$ and do it. If it's that easy, I don't think I would still be overweight. I don't know what magic pill people swallow that they finally hear this little "click" in their head and there's no looking back. I'm so tired of looking and hearing about all these success stories. I want to be one of these success stories. But how much do I want it? Apparently not enough. Apparently, I just don't care how big I get. Apparently, I can do well for a week or so and then I just don't care anymore. I'm so tired of not being able to stick with something.

I came home today to take a nap, hoping that it would refresh me so I could stay up a little later to be with dh. I fell asleep long enough to dream. I dreamed I was walking, painfully slow through a cemetery.....The air around me was all misty and full of fog. I was wearing this long flowing white dress, that to me..almost looked like a tent. I almost didn't look like myself because I had gained so much weight. I'm clammering through the graves, seemingly searching for something and then I hear it. Crying.....the soulful sound of someone aching, crying for their loved one. As I get closer, I realize it's my sweet dh and both my boys. I called out to them, but they couldn't hear me. I kept hearing them say, "Why? Why, Mom, why?" Why, Tina...why?" As I got closer, they were staring at a headstone. MINE. Under my name, there were no dates, just a phrase. It said, "She loved eating more than life........literally."

I woke up and tears were running down my face as they are now. I'm sorry guys. I am no help to you in this condition and I'm going to take a couple of days away. I'm not leaving for good. I could never leave you and I'm still meeting up with Michelle, Kat and anyone else who wants. I'm just not capable of offering any inspiration right now and I'm sure your tired of hearing my babbling....so I'm going to take a little break.

Please know I love you all....you are the best. :grouphug:

dixiedarlin
07-08-2003, 10:42 PM
I'm here back at work. I'm going to catch up on all of the earlier posts during my dinner break and I will try to post individual replies.

I have been getting in some exercise the past few days, mostly walking. I pruned a couple of shrubs this morning then moved the limbs to the street for pick-up :strong: This was at 8am and it was already hot and humid and believe me I felt it. I walked one lap in the mall before coming to work. I told myself that I have to stop making excuses. These are small steps I am taking, but small steps count don't they??? I can just barely walk one mile right now. I remember when I could go 3-5 miles but that was 100 pounds ago. I feel like I'm not really doing much to matter. But the point is to keep on. I know that every step counts. My feet are sore tonight, should have worn my walking shoes in the mall. If I really want this weight off I'm going to have to put some E - F - F - O - R - T into it.

Hello and welcome to all of the newbies and returnees.

Back later.

dixiedarlin
07-08-2003, 11:45 PM
Ok, I'm back. I burnt my tongue with my Healthy Choice :mad:.

On the subject of decorating shows, I don't watch Trading Spaces but I do watch the HGTV channel a lot; I like Decorating Cents and the show where they have the inspiration room; I also like the landscaping shows, especially Gardening By The Yard, that guy cracks me up.

Back to what Amanda said about not fitting behind the steering wheel, I hate it when I go to get my hair cut; the chair arms dig into my hips and I look like Jabba the Hut with the cape on. Matter of fact, I hate any chair with arms.

My cat is a pretty good fellow - all he does is lay around. Of course he's an old man now, so that probably is the reason why.

Tina - I am so sorry you are having a bad time; I know how you feel. I was so miserable then I found out I have diabetes. That was my wake up call. I had been feeling like I was in prison and I couldn't escape. Fat was my jail cell. I just kept eating and eating. I didn't care. I believe my problems started when my mom died in 1981; at that time I had lost 88 pounds, I was down to 140. But I didn't get to enjoy being slim, everything centered around her illness. So I guess in my mind I felt like "what's the use" and steadily gained through the years to over 350 pounds. I felt like I worked so hard for nothing. I never got to buy pretty new clothes. Instead of life getting better, it got worse. I was to the point that I didn't want to try again and have that happen all over again. But now I have a reason to eat healthy and exercise and I know I will have to do this from now on if I want to stay healthy. Just keep posting, it helps to talk it out. I'm here for you!!:grouphug:

Hope the rest of you ladies are having a good evening.

PheonixRising
07-09-2003, 12:35 AM
I wanted to make a post tonight-but I was too tired to think. A friend of mine sent this to me and I knew this was just the thing to post. I love all of you.

A story tells that two friends were walking through the desert. During
some point of the journey they had an argument, and one friend slapped the
other one in the face. The one who got slapped was hurt, but without saying
anything, wrote in the sand:

"TODAY MY BEST FRIEND SLAPPED ME IN THE FACE."

They kept on walking until they found an oasis, where they decided to
take a bath. The one who had been slapped got stuck in the mire and started
drowning, but the friend saved him. After he recovered from the near
drowning, he wrote on a stone:

"TODAY MY BEST FRIEND SAVED MY LIFE."

The friend who had slapped and saved his best friend asked him, "After I
hurt you, you wrote in the sand and now you write on a stone. Why?"

The other friend replied:

"When someone hurts us we should write it down in sand where winds of
forgiveness can erase it away. But, when someone does something good for
us, we must engrave it in stone where no wind can ever erase it."

LEARN TO WRITE YOUR HURTS IN THE SAND AND TO CARVE YOUR BENEFITS IN STONE.

They say it takes a minute to find a special person, an hour to
appreciate them, a day to love them, but then an entire life to forget
them. Send this phrase to the people you'll never forget and remember to
send it also to the person who sent it to you. It's a short message to let
them know that you'll never forget them.

If you don't send it to anyone, it means you're in a hurry and that
you've forgotten your friends. Take the time to live!!!

THIS DAY I HAVE BEEN HONORED WITH THE FRIENDSHIP OF MANY WONDERFUL PEOPLE. AMONG THEM IS YOU.

CONSIDER THIS CARVED IN STONE

:df:

2cute2Bfat
07-09-2003, 01:20 AM
Wow ... so many posts there is no way I can keep up. :^:
I did reply to everyone twice in a row so I am going to miss this time.

BUT... Tina... {{{ HUGS }}} :grouphug:
You are certainly in the clutches of EVIL !!! That darn PMS is the devil reincarnated. :devil:
Please hold on.... he will die out soon and you will be back to Normal .... what ever that is. LOL I sent you a PM and an email. As they say... "When you get to the end of your rope... tie a knot and HOLD ON "
I understand where you are coming from... just know this is NOT YOU... it is the PMS, and your bodies reaction to certain foods. The REAL TINA is being held captive by that da** chemical change going on within your body.

I have had a FULL day. I won't go into all of it. I spent 7 hours running all over town and I am worn out. I am heading for bed.

2cute2Bfat
07-09-2003, 02:35 AM
I am back for a minute.
someone asked why we start new threads when we do.
thin gave an excellent explaination but I want to add a little more... (not that I am a controller or anything) lol

Once upon a time we were allowed to post lots of cute pictures. We could post all sorts of funny , birthday, welcomes... you name it... we could post it. It took FOREVER to download all of them.
In our desire to keep the pictures for entertainment ... and yet not take forever for some people to download them (people like me have slow modems and dial up connections) we made the decision to start a new thread every 30 posts.

We grew accustomed to our habits plus we enjoyed knowing how many posts ( in general) we had posted as a group as a whole.

In the meantime... They took our options to post cute pics away from us totally. :eek: In time they returned partial use of cutezy pics again... but once you post them... they won't let you post it again. :mad: They are sly little ways around it. :s: but just not worth the trouble anymore.

In the middle of all of this controversy... it was suggested to post a new thread "daily". But at the time it got voted down mainly because... some days are really really s l o w .... and it was not inviting to newcomers to see a thread with only 4 posts. Also... some people who post at night would always be at the tail end ... and feel like their posts would not be read the next day.

SOOoooooo ... we decided to keep it at a new thread every 30 posts.
I for one.... am a creature of habit. :o I like it this way best.
I like knowing on average... 30 posts @ 365 threads = 10,950 mini emails I have recieved. :D

2cute2Bfat
07-09-2003, 02:46 AM
Here is an example of a cutezy picture we could stick in the middle of a post.
http://www.cartooncottage.com/images/pizza.gif
We can still do this... but only once. Then we have to find a new cutezy pic.

Or we could add a picture at the end which was most common back in the good ole days. This one will be added via the "attach file" site where you hit "Browse" at the end of posting.
These definitely won't let you post more than once.

This is one of my favorites from Thin. I hope it will let me post it. :crossed:
Oopppsss... wrong fat lady on the bike. Oh well... you get the idea.

dixiedarlin
07-09-2003, 03:54 AM
2cute - where did you get that cutezy pic of me on the exercise bike:lol: :lol:

It's about time for me to leave. Hope you all have a good Wed.

Goodnight ladies :wave:

peekabooangel
07-09-2003, 06:46 AM
Morning Chicklets,

If you all have told me once you've told me a million times to not rely on my e~mail notifications. So, I go to my e mail this a.m. and I have 0 new messages? :?: So, I say to me "let's just go check the 3fc site ourselves" and I found lots to read. Lesson learned once again!!!

2cute: you find the cutest pictures!!! I love the pizza thing. Almost as much as my little peekaboo bear.

Amanda: I love the post.

Connie: you crack me up.

Tina: You take the time you need, then you get your butt back on in here. You know we will be here waiting for you. {{Hugs}}

Now, you all know I was so excited yesterday that Big Brother was coming on!!! I MISSED THE DARN SHOW!!! I was on the computer chatting away with Amanda, well at 9:00 pm (my time) she was gonna go watch a movie with hubby and I wanted to go watch BB, well guess what????? Ther darn thing was on at 8:00! I'm bummed:( . Now I will have to go read on the site about the first show. In the words of Amanda......can we all say....BLONDIE

HUGS,
Sandy

Terri in MO
07-09-2003, 08:30 AM
Good morning ladies!

Not much time as I should be sorting through paperwork for bills to pay this morning. I have a DR appt this morning for a general physical. Can't eat until after they do the bloodwork. I had the GYN appointment on Monday. I'll be done for a year - after the boob smashing machine anyways.

I had intended on writing up a long post last night. But I'm putting exercise first, then studying for a work class, and studying for our discipleship class - and maybe giving DH a few minutes of my concentration. I'm still trying to get us going in Fitday and that takes a long time. Unfortunately, that means my posting time is very minimal these days.

I did 35 minutes on the spinner last night with the video and then walked the dog for our 1.5 route. Food was good so the scale is still looking good. This effort takes such a huge amount of work - planning, journalling, analysing what we ate, exercise - but if its going to come off and stay off, it won't happen if I don't spend the time and effort on a daily basis.

Got to run and pay a few bills online. Have a good day and be strong!

Grannie39074
07-09-2003, 08:48 AM
Good morning chicklets

First off let me say 2cute I want that pizza pleeeze

Dixiedarlin: I have two inside cats and dh has an outside cat. I also have fish tank.

Next let me say I am still OP for 3 days now. But all I think of is food. I did check out some diet cookbooks yesterday to try and find some new recipes. I am going to cook shrimp tonight probably with pasta.

Well I better run get a bath and find something for breakfast. I have to get to work.

Hope to see some of you in chat tonight

Love to all:D

pjkdreamer
07-09-2003, 09:11 AM
Good Morning Girls,

Tina....honey you hang in there...you are so worth it, above all remember that. If you can hang on and at least ckeck in and read all of our posts and know that we are all here for you and we have all been where you have been!!! It may not seem like it right now, but it will get better, come back and join us whenever you are ready....we will be right here waiting for you!;)

Dixie Darlin'...hello my Southern belle...my friend who is suffering in this horrific heat and humidity right along with me!!!! We know it is coming every summer...we keep right on living here. I have been here all of my life, but I love it...hope we can get together soon. e-mail me at pjkdreamer43@aol.com, and let's plan something soon:wave:

Connie, I so enjoy your posts...your name really fits you, you are 2 cute!!! All of you brighten my day.

Natalie, hi, here's hoping you have a great day!:cool:

I bought the walk away the pounds tapes yesterday and got started, sometimes I cant believe I am actually doing this, but I am loving myself everytime I do...I have missed so much of my life siiting on the side lines, I am not willing to do that anymore. So if it means sitting down and catching my breath, then getting right back up, and walking a little more, that is what I will do until I have enough stamina to walk without resting..I know all of you know what I mean, and it is amazing to me that you are all out there and we hav e found this wonderful network of friends. I am so very blessed to have become a part of it. All of you stay strong today.:strong:

Amanda...as always talk to you later girlfriend!!!:)

sw 356
cw 346
first goal lose 50 lbs
final goal 130ish

2cute2Bfat
07-09-2003, 09:35 AM
Pam... you have me in a split personality mode here...
I don't know if I am half empty.... :halfempty or half full :halffull: ????
Here is your quote....Connie, I so enjoy your posts...your name really fits you, you are 2 cute!!!

Now if my name was Connie... I would be half FULL... but since Dixiedarling is Connie... does that mean I am half empty. :?: Just who is 2cute here ???? ME ???? 2cute.... or DixieDarlin ... Connie ?? (although I do have to agree ... Connie is too cute. :yes:

I have been up ALLLLLL night again. I have beenwriting thank you cards for my dad's service. I had to write personal messages ... couldn't just send a generic one.

Now I am going to BED !!!! See you all this afternoon. It doesn't look like I will be driving to Missouri today. Sleeping and driving just does not mix.

In honor of Weigh In Wednesday.. here is a pic

joe anne
07-09-2003, 09:46 AM
Good Morning Chickies
My TOPS weigh in was 286, a loss of 1.50 from last week. In reality I lost what I had gained, but I'll take any loss as progress to my goal.
I wish you all a great day, and I'll see you lighter.

BarbPA
07-09-2003, 09:54 AM
Good Morning Ladies!
Happy Wednesday! :) I hope all is well with all of you. I'm an doing - ok - nothing great, but I feel like I am finally coming out of my PMS funk. However I have slacked a little on exercise and food the past few days so the scale is not kind so far this week. I have two more days till my weigh-in and I absolutely hate weeks with a gain. I know, I know, I shouldn't focus so much on what the scale says, but I can't help it. Today will be a better day!!! :cool:

Thin - Good job on your Curves work out!!! I hope you continue going and enjoying it. The dining room finish I did is called "colorwashing". I did solid base coat in a shade of off-white and then for the 2nd coat I mixed a tan-ish color w/ 4 parts glaze - roll it on and then take a big bruch and make x shapes in the glaze. Then for the top coat I did the same thing with the dark green color that is below the chair rail. It's called "pea soup" :)

Mary - Way to go staying OP! Keep it up!

Amanda - You're being a good little exerciser - way to go!! I agree with the morning exercise. I have been trying to get in at least 30 min in the morning and evening, but I just can't always get my lazy butt out of bed. I love my sleep too much!

Terri - You too, my oh my there is some good exercising going on!!! Good Job!!!

Pam - I am with you --- the support here is wonderful! Even though we don't know each other face to face I don't know if I could do this without all of you!

Andria - I hope you got a better night's sleep last night! If I don't get good sleep nothing else goes right.

Barbara - Sounds like you have a crazy schedule right now. If you can't focus on the everything, take it one step at a time. In terms of measuring sucess, I do a few things. 1. Scale - I try to only weigh on Fridays, but sometimes jump on during the week. Just can't help myself. 2. Measure - I take my body measurements one a month and keep track of inches lost 3. Clothes - to me, the change in my clothes is a hugh motivation! I have one pair of cute little capris that I bought that didn't fit and the goal is to wear them on my vacation in October. So far they have gone from barely buttoning to nearly fitting comfortably. I may have them on before October! I am also trying to reward myself with non-food activities. I have been thinking that I'll get a massage with each 20 pounds loss.

I love all the dinner ideas. I usually have very little time to fix dinner. Sometimes I just grill a chicken breast w/ some veggies or on a salad. I like soup w/ a grilled cheese - made with 2% cheese, light wheat and "I can't believe it's not butter" spray. Sometimes an omelet with fruit. Basically dinner needs to be quick and easy for me.

Connie - Good job taking the small steps right now. You have to ease yourself back into the exercise. Before you know it you'll be doing a mile or more with no problem.

2cute - get some rest! I am glad to hear you are not going to be driving today after staying up all night.

Tina - {{{HUGS}}}} I wish I could say something profound to help you, but I know you need some time to figure things out for yourself. Remember you are #1 and you need to take care of yourself so that you can take care of your hubby and children. They need you. We all need you. When ever you are ready, we will all be here rooting you on!!!
:grouphug:

Well, I have to get started on some work. I know I missed some of you, but this thread has been busy the past couple days and I can't keep up with everything. I'll check back in periodically to see what's going on!

Have a GREAT day!!!
Barb:high:

pjkdreamer
07-09-2003, 10:08 AM
2 cute,

hi...what is your name, I am sure you are the "cutest"!
Sorry, I am just learning about all of you.

hope to learn more about each of you in the coming days
;)

justme2338
07-09-2003, 10:35 AM
Good morning ladies. There is a lot of tough stuff going on in the thread today.

Tina,
Hang in there are ride this out. None of us are perfect, searching for perfection is a mistake. It's OK to have a bad time and need a break. I think it's fantastic that you said you'll never give up. That's the key to it all. The other part is that you have a wonderful support group, we are here for you when you are ready!

2cute,
Thanks for explaining the posting policy in detail. I was just curious about why we kept switching. Wanted to make sure you all weren't trying to hide from me. :D

Pheonix,
I loved your story. It is great advise, made me feel all warm and fuzzy this morning.

So today is weigh-in day? I've been weighing myself every day so far. I know I shouldn't be doing that but oh well. So today my weight seems to be 220, a pound down from Friday which is great. I'm hoping that another pound melts off before my official weigh-in day on Friday. I'm just very anxious to get to that first 10 pounds. I am beginning to see a difference, my clothes are fitting looser. I can actually breath after lunch. I also have a ton more energy. I think that's the best part!

You have all been a tremendous help for me. I find myself getting giddy when I see there is a new post. I'm also happy that it's so frequent. A lot of the other threads are few and far between with the posts. That is so annoying. No wonder this is such a popular thread.

Happy pounds away today!
:dizzy:

loranden
07-09-2003, 11:54 AM
Good morning, Dahlinks :D

No loss weightwise this week, but a pleasant surprise came when I found another inch dropped away from my hips of all places :cb: ! (hey, no complaints there)

Moron Neighbors across the alleyway decided they were going to use their weed eater and lawn mower at 7:30 this morning, so, yes, I was up as a result. Just as well, because state inspectors were coming to see the apartments today to make sure they are up to code, and I wanted to be dressed anyway in the event mine was chosen at random. Otherwise, I may have asked you all to take up a collection for bail money....:lol:

Tina: {{{{HUGSSSSSSSS}}}} My poor sweetie pie. You are in my prayers. You can do this and we are all here for you. My own wake up call came when I watched my own mother develop maturity-onset diabetes in her early 50s, end up in a wheelchair in her late 50s from arthritis, suffer congestive heart failure in 1991 (she survived), and die of cervical cancer in 1994 at the age of 68. I was diagnosed with idiopathic cardiomyopathy in 1997 at the age of 35 after years of tiredness and fainting spells because a cardiologist cared enough to admit me to the hospital and run some tests. Of course, I didn't follow their their warnings for very long.

It wasn't until March of this year I realized I wasn't in my 20s anymore and if I didn't want to end up like my mother and have my life cut short as hers was, I needed to do something. And now, here I am. Both my PCP and cardiologist are pleased with my progress; in fact, the cardiologist tells me my heart is stronger at 41 than it was at 37! Go figure!!! :cb: My new goal now is to break 300 before I see the weight loss surgeon on August 18.

Natalie: I looked at your picture on your avatar and kept thinking "She reminds me of someone." And then it came to me. You remind me of a young Loretta Lynn, the country singer! :)

Joanne: "Weigh" to go on that weigh in, lady! :cp:

And a happy dandy day to anyone I have missed!

pjkdreamer
07-09-2003, 11:56 AM
Hi Ladies,

At the risk of sounding redundant....:dizzy: I wrote a post and who knows where it went...so...what I wanted to say is...I did the WATP tape, 2nd day. Walked 3/4 of mile more than yesterday before my first little break (water and catching my breath), then I did a little more, and then the cool down. Feeling good:strong:

Doing good food wise today too...hope you all have a good one! ;)

sw 356 June 5th
cw 346 July 8th
first goal - 50 lbs
final goal - 130ish
height 5'2 1/2"

katrinabgood
07-09-2003, 02:11 PM
Pam, Sometimes the posts are eaten by mysterious forces, BUT... isn't that your post, about 6 posts back??? :chin:

I am passing on Weigh-in Wednesday...welllll...the weigh in, not the Wednesday.....due to the TOM that FINALLY arrived yesterday. Geez, I think I just exerienced the longest PMS ever...

BarbPA
07-09-2003, 02:33 PM
Good Afternoon Gals!
Hey, has anyone seen my motivation? I seem to have lost it. Not sure what is up with me this week - maybe it was the extra long weekend I had. :chin: Not just eating and exercise - that hasn't been too bad, but have no desire to do my work or clean my house. What's up with that??? Heat? Summer? Lazy? All of the above. Well, I'll get it together. Jeff and I are going to Atlantic City the weekend after next, so I have that to look forward to, but plenty to get done before then.

I just had grill chix and carrots for lunch and now I am munching on a mini-bag of microwave popcorn. It seems to be hitting the spot. :T

Lori - Sorry to hear about the rude-awakening you got this morning! CONGRATS on the 1 inch loss!!! :)

Pam - Good job on the WATP tapes!! Keep it up! :cool:

Kat - You've got every right to skip the weigh-in Wed. TOM sure does cause all kinds of problems w/ our bodies. Sounds like many of us have been suffering this week. Hopefully that means we'll all be at our best next week! :D

Alright, here I go again....I AM GOING TO GET SOMETHING ACCOMPLISHED!

See everyone later!
:)Barb

Duckie25
07-09-2003, 02:57 PM
:o First of all I want to apologize for being awhol, for so long, I no me bad. I've been reading faithfully, but just didn't feel like posting, kind of in a funk, just like my diet.:?:

And then I received I very special card from someone who is so kind and considerate (Thin ) and even though I don't live in the states and celebrate 4th of July, she didn't want to leave me out. It really made me stop and think. That I really love you gals and I don't want to miss out on being apart of your life's, if I don't post I'll slowly slip away, and won't be remembered any more, and I want to be part of this group and don't want to lose my connection or friendships I have made with alot of you, and hope to do the same with the newbies. :^:

So to all those who don't know me, I'm 27yrs old, have a 5yr old son, and a fiance of 7yrs. Live in Alberta, CA, work full time, and have alot of weight to lose. Being here at 3FC since Feb 2002.

Food hasn't been good, I try, start out good in the morning and by supper time it's gone down hill, I just love good food, I can go with out chips and chocolate bars, but put a good home made meal in front of me, I go hog wild :ink: I'm addicted to food :burger: I can't get enough, and then when I finally get enough I feel sick and beat myself up about being such a pig. Why do I have to be cursed with the love of food:mad: ( I guess were all cursed ). But luckily the scale has only fluctuated between 1-2 lbs, so I must be doing something right.

I got my hair cut last week, very cute short haircut, gotten alot of complements, DF loves it. I love it makes me feel good. Just need to start loving this body, so I can look good all around.

We've been doing alot of fishing and camping, I'm actually enjoying the sun this summer so far:flow1: I've been sitting out and getting a tan, even ventured into wearing capri's, which is a big step for me. I hate showing any part of my legs of upper arms, their huge. But I just don't care anymore, I'm taking comfort over looks this summer.

I got offered a new position at work, I don't know if it will be more money yet, but hopefully, It would be doing more of the administrative, and accounting and cost tracking, which is good experience and will look good on my resume, considering this is oilfield country and alot of oilfield company's to choose from.

I'm in the process of buying a new vehichle, it will be my first new vehichle, so have being racking my brain with questions and making phone calls to different company's to see where I can get the best deal. Hopefully next week I'll be driving a new vehichle, and enjoying my decision.

Well I guess I should go, I won't have anything to talk about for another post if I keep on rambling on here.
I'm not very good at individual replys, but I'll try to work on that in the future.

Glad to be back,:D

P.S. Tina hang on, were here for you and don't feel bad about not having anything insperational to post, just love seeing you post's.

justme2338
07-09-2003, 03:29 PM
Oh, I am so bored. I need to get a better job, I feel like there is nothing else I can learn in this position. It's been a year. I need a change. Well I'll just chat to you ladies.

Breakfast and lunch went very well. I'm feeling a little heavy on the carbs because I had a bagel for breakfast. I'll have to watch it at dinner. So far I'm at about 900 calories for the day. I am seriouly considering taking a trip to the dreaded vending machine. It's that chocolate monster at my back again. I'm not sure why I keep craving sweets. Last night I would have done anything for a hot fudge sundae. Well, apparently not because I could have drove up the street to DQ and had one. Thank goodness for laziness. :snail:

loranden,
Never heard of Loretta Lynn. Funny, I'm hoping that was a good thing. :D Most people say I look like Karen from Will and Grace. A fatter one of course...:lol:

dixiedarlin
07-09-2003, 03:41 PM
Hi ladies - it's hotter than the :devil: here today; but I'm sure it'll get hotter before the summer is out.

Okay to replies ------

Sandy - I've done same thing; I really hate it when the networks change the schedule UNANNOUNCED. But you did have a nice chat with Amanda.

Terri - you are sooooo right; it takes EFFORT to get this weight off.

Mary - OP three days; way to go:bravo:

Pam - I'll take the heat over the cold and ice any day!!! I've lived here all my life too.

2cute - Thanks for your nice comment!! Someday I hope to be too sexy:lol:

justme - Are you Natalie?? I enjoy the feeling of my clothes fitting looser and having more energy too. I never gave myself a chance to get to this point. It really encourages me.

duckie - nice to meet you; I'm new here.

tina - I hope you are feeling better - please hurry back.

Lori - I cant help but notice that Brian looks a lot like the guy that plays Zander on "General Hospital". I work nights and I hate it when somebody wakes me up early.

Joe Anne - I left you a post on the diabetes thread.

Hope everyone else is having a good day.

loranden
07-09-2003, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by dixiedarlin

Lori - I cant help but notice that Brian looks a lot like the guy that plays Zander on "General Hospital".

ROFL! You'd be surprised how many people he's gotten told who he looks like, from Zander on GH to Spanky on WWE wrestling to the late Kurt Cobain of the band Nirvana to the movie actor Leonardo DiCaprio (spelling?) I think the guy may have missed his calling....:lol:

Anyway, the state inspectors have come and gone and out of 13 units, they chose two at random, and mine wasn't one of them (of course not, I was awake and decent :lol: ). I did have an adventerous afternoon when Tigger decided to drag in a dead bird :yikes: and proceed to begin chewing it to pieces before I managed to get it off of him and toss it away in the dumpster. Just what I need in my house. Bird guts.... YUCK! The joys of cat parenthood. Needless to say, he got over giving me the evil eye once the can opener beckoned him and Noah.

Mother Nature got revenge on Moron Neighbors...it rained this afternoon....:smug: :s:

2cute2Bfat
07-09-2003, 05:48 PM
Just peeking in before I walk out the door. Duckie... so good to see you again. I feel just like you... I want to be a part of this cozy little "hen pen" too. LOL And I am really GLAD that you do too. :love:

Lori... my lovely little cat drug home mice and snakes !!! :eek:
We had a cat door for her to come and go as she pleased... and we had a house full of company one night... and she drug in a LIVE MOUSE !!! :yikes: You never saw so many running and screaming girls. :lol: :lol: It is a longggg hilarious story... but I need to act it out to get full appreciation of it all. :lol:

Okay... gotta run.
Wish I could reply to all... but the carpet and paint stores awaits me. :grouphug:

Ooppss .. Connie... when I reach my goal I am renaming myself... ONE HOT MOMMA !!! so you will be free to use 2sexy. ;)

Grannie39074
07-09-2003, 10:41 PM
Bringing us to the top. Be back later

PheonixRising
07-09-2003, 11:03 PM
I don't really have much to post right now. Chat has been fun tonight. I'm going to repost my carrot cake recipe for those that missed it.

:chef: LowFat Carrot Cake 12 Servings

1 C. Applesauce
C. Granulated sugar + C. Brown sugar (Or 1 C. Brown sugar)
1 C. Water
4 C. Unbleached flour
2 tsp. Baking powder
2 tsp. Baking soda
1 tsp. Salt
1 tsp. Cinnamon
tsp. Allspice
3 C. Grated raw carrots
C. Raisins
Optional: 1 C. Chopped nuts

Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 9x 13 pan with cooking spray and lightly flour. Blend applesauce and sugar, add water and beat. Sift the flour with remaining ingredients except for carrots, raisins, and nuts. (I dont usually sift these together, but it does make a finer texture.) Add flour mixture to sugar mixture and mix. Add carrots, raisins and nuts (optional) and mix well. Bake 30-35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.

W/O Nuts-315 cals 1 gr. fat 73 carb 6 protein
W/ Nuts-380 cals 7 gr. fat 74 carb 7 protein

Cinnamon Cream Cheese Icing

1 T. Fat Free Milk
2 oz. Reduced Fat Cream Cheese
1 3/4 c. powdered sugar
1/2 T. Vanilla
1/2 T. Cinnamon

Beat together ingredients with a mixer until smooth. Ices one 9x13 cake. 1/12th has 80 cals and 1.5 gr fat

If you wanted some nuts you could reduce the "cost" of them by putting some chopped nuts on top instead of in the cake. I made this yesterday and I didn't have any applesauce so I made pear sauce with some canned pears, added a little extra water, (since I didn't have quite 1 c. of pear sauce.) and it turned out just fine. You probably need to watch the cake the first time you make it since baking in the mountains is different than anywhere else.

:df:

2cute2Bfat
07-09-2003, 11:38 PM
STOP !!! Do Not Post Here !!
Come follow us to the next thread ..... #366 :wave: