Looking Good, Feeling Great - Store you're most excited to shop in?

kendrabear
01-10-2014, 02:44 AM
Does anyone else have any stores they can't currently fit in and can't wait to be able to shop in?

For me, I can't wait to buy lingerie and sleepwear from Victoria's Secret. I'd also like to be able to fit into Jacob, and Banana Republic. I'd also like to be able to fit into jeans at the Gap. And I wanna go wild in American Eagle.

Silverfire
01-10-2014, 08:33 AM
Any store that isn't Pennington's or Addition-elle. My cities plus sized clothing stores are rather limited. I'm just about able to fit into some of Targets bigger sizes, So I am really looking forward to that. I find that Wal-Marts plus size stuff is generally just a big box and never fit right. Rarely I will get lucky and find something decent. I hate clothes shopping. I hate that I am forced to spend unreasonable amounts on clothing due to my size and limiting shopping choices. 40-50 dollars for a t-shirt. 90+ for jeans. Give me a break.

Riddy
01-10-2014, 10:38 AM
I got a gift card to Macy's for my birthday that I'm really looking forward to using. I never shopped ere before, because I couldn't justify spending that much on clothes that did didn't look very good on my obese body. I'm still working on losing some more, but I might just buy myself a pair of fantastic jeans soon! :D

imabehot
01-10-2014, 10:44 AM
Any store in little Tokyo CA! Japan has the best fashion!

Sasha29
01-10-2014, 10:56 PM
J. Crew. Even when I was a size 14, their size 14 was still too small. The store near me rarely carried size 14, so I was usually out of luck anyway.

Express is another one. I shopped there back when I was thin, but by the time I hit a Large at other stores, I could no longer fit into anything at Express. When I was a Size 4 or 6 at Gap or Ann Taylor, I was a 10 at Express. It crushed me when I couldn't fit into Express's largest size (12). I felt like such a failure.

RadaTwirl
01-10-2014, 11:21 PM
I'm so excited to be able to comfortably wear clothes from Forever21 and Papaya and have them look flattering.
I'm too small for 21+ and usually too big for their normal sizes, but sometimes (like 60% of the time) I'll fit properly into an XL.

BuffieLynn
01-11-2014, 12:45 AM
Victoria Secret and Red Dress Boutique(online). But honestly, I just want to be able to walk in a store and not worry about not fitting.

sheramama
01-11-2014, 01:00 AM
Ann Taylor and Banana Republic for work. But, honestly it would be awesome to walk into any store that I happen to come about and find something fantastic in my size.

MarleneV
01-11-2014, 01:51 AM
I'm already at goal... But would like to chime in that I now love Victoria's Secret and Gap. Have also found great outfits at Garage, and dresses at Nordstrom Rack. Kohls frustrates me most of the time trying to find something, but I found a SWEET Chaps dress there last week on clearance and I had Kohls cash & rewards, so it cost nothing out of pocket.

Fat Knickers
01-11-2014, 03:03 AM
Victoria Secret...and to actually look good in their lingerie, as opposed to looking like a ham in a rubber band like I do now!

AwShucks
01-12-2014, 12:31 PM
Anthropologie -- I love those quirky dresses. One of these days....

tefrey
01-14-2014, 12:20 AM
I don't know what I'm most excited about long term, but at the moment I've been finding some lovely things at Ann Taylor. It's just so nice to have choices again and not have to make do with the only plus size store in the mall!

kendrabear
01-14-2014, 01:27 AM
Great answers everybody! Now I have even more stores I'll need to shop at.

I thought of a few more as well. I'd love to be able to shop at Lululemon. While I absolutely don't agree with what the CEO said, I do think that the clothes is adorable.

Also, Modcloth. Yes, I know they have plus sizes. But if I'm going to spend that kind of money I want it to look REALLY good on me. And the smaller sizes have so many more options.

Wannabeskinny
01-14-2014, 08:29 AM
Free People and Anthropologie. I can already wear some of their clothes but not all the ones I really want.

NorthernChick13
01-14-2014, 01:19 PM
I want to be able to fit into skimpy jeans at Guess and then not buy them anyway! Muah ah ahhhh- one time in high school, I walked in and the girl took one look at me and went "...the sales are in the back"...

I WAS FLABBERGASTED! lol fair enough, I WAS looking for the sales but don't be such a twat about it! So, I want to go in there, ready to buy some skimpy white top and skinny jeans and then walk out, like Julia Roberts in "Pretty Woman". lol!

bubblybee
02-18-2014, 08:45 PM
I'd be happy to just have more than one clothing store option in the entire mall...and even at that store (lane bryant) I can only fit into the largest size!

xRiotGirl
02-18-2014, 10:29 PM
Victoria Secret...and to actually look good in their lingerie, as opposed to looking like a ham in a rubber band like I do now!

Hahahah yes! I know that feeling so well. :P

I'd love to be able to comfortably shop Victoria's Secret, Forever 21, Express, Urban Outfitters, and to feel relatively safe ordering something online, for example from Etsy or Modcloth.

Oh....just dreaming of the day. :^:

SweetPeach3388
02-18-2014, 11:11 PM
I don't have any specifics really, but I just want to be able to walk into any or most stores and fit into anything. Before I restarted my journey in January I was teetering right on the edge of only being able to fit into plus size. I got a Macy's gift card for Christmas to buy some work wear and I did not fit into any regular sized blazers and in the plus sized section they only had ONE style (really?!) and I bought it even though I didn't like it. Also, I can't wait to find jeans that fit. I've been wearing jeans with a worn out hole between the thighs for like 6 months because I have been unable to find any to buy.

BUT changes are already happening and it's exciting. For example, I haven't been able to fit into Victoria's Secret PINK yoga pants because they only go up to size Large. My little sister wanted to buy some the other day and I decided to try a pair on while she shopped and to my surprise they fit! I know they are essentially stretchy workout pants, but I was still excited.

NemesisClaws
02-19-2014, 06:03 AM
Oh my goodness....Victoria Secret, obviously! I think that's pretty much every girl's dream! LOL

Modcloth, Retro Glam, PinupGirl, Unique Vintage, etc...I'm digging their 40's and 50's style of clothing, only none of it fits me right now...UGH

dstalksalot
02-27-2014, 09:42 AM
Anthropologie -- I love those quirky dresses. One of these days....

I love Anthro......I'm a 6-8 everywhere else but a 12 there so the sizing is more boutique/ Euro.....but I LOVE it. That was my goal too.

CindySunshine
02-27-2014, 03:35 PM
Anthropologie is my favorite store! The clothes are so unique, timeless, quirky but chic I wear them for years and always get compliments.

I love Gap for jeans and casual pants.

activeadventurer
03-01-2014, 03:40 PM
It might sound silly, but I love that I can buy cloths at Costco. I have shopped there for 20+ years. The last few months are the first time I could buy cloths there!!! A real victory:D

Paulitens
03-12-2014, 11:24 PM
I want to shop more at H&M and (don't laugh) Forever 21. I know F21 is juvenile and I'm in my 30s but I'd choose age-appropriate clothes, of course. :P

Girl4him
03-13-2014, 12:19 AM
It might sound silly, but I love that I can buy cloths at Costco. I have shopped there for 20+ years. The last few months are the first time I could buy cloths there!!! A real victory:D

I agree. I just bought some jeans and capris at Costco and was so happy. Nice to see my size in their store.

skittlesfirehawk
04-10-2014, 03:47 PM
Any store in little Tokyo CA! Japan has the best fashion!

i wanna get some japanese clothes but my issue is japanese woman have no butt or boobs.I have a d cup and a butt so even if i slim down some clothes still may not fit right.

nonameslob
04-10-2014, 04:11 PM
I'd love to go in ANY store and not feel like the associate is thinking "What in the world does she think she's doing here? Our clothes won't fit her!" I always feel so self-conscious.

It would be nice to fit in H&M again (though I am not very happy with them and their whole photo-shopping regular sized women to make them look plus sized...ugh). It would be nice to walk in a store and know that I will fit in any of the clothes, not just the largest size (if that). I'm excited to see how my style will change when the options open up!

MauiKai
04-10-2014, 08:47 PM
Honestly it doesn't matter how much weight I lose, I STILL won't be able to shop at most of these stores. Maybe for shirts I guess, but I will always have to order my pants online because it's really really hard to find a 37" inseam.

Elladorine
04-10-2014, 09:56 PM
I have no clue. I've been such an alien to fashion since I'd never been able to shop outside of stores like Walmart or Lane Bryant. Only recently have I barely been able to step outside of plus sizes, and I'm getting a feel for what I like through thrift shops. I really have no clue what stores carry what kind of styles (and I'm still kind of intimidated to further explore the mall). :lol:

Wannabeskinny
04-11-2014, 11:11 AM
I'd love to go in ANY store and not feel like the associate is thinking "What in the world does she think she's doing here? Our clothes won't fit her!" I always feel so self-conscious.

This actually happened to me in my early teens. I think I was 14yrs old when I walked into a store in Europe and the saleslady immediately said to me "We don't have anything in your size here." I wish so hard that I could forget that ever happened. I do remember though that I was going in there to buy a gift for someone else, not even anything for me. So they hurt me for no reason.

berryblondeboys
04-11-2014, 11:17 AM
I don't have a favorite store really as I tend to shop at TJMaxx and Marshalls. I just never want to wear plus size again. Or even the upper regular sizes. Clothes really started look cute at 12. Even better at 10 and 8 and SO many more options.

I would LOVE to be able to shop at Anthropologie and just grab anything off the rack and know it will look awesome. I LOVE their style. But guess what? Even at a perfect weight, their clothes wouldn't look right on me. They design for fine boned, thin waifs. And that aint never going to be me! Big boobs, barrel rib cage and big hips are not who Anthrolopogie designs for. So why do I like their stuff?

mb2004
04-11-2014, 08:16 PM
Another VS person here! Lol. I can't even buy a normal bra there.... Ughh. Plus I want to fit into Charlotte Rousse. And fit my butt into American eagle or hollister jeans! Never fit before who knows if I ever will but I'm gonna try!

Shannonsnail
04-14-2014, 02:23 PM
Like a few others have said, the store doesn't matter to me, I just want to be in smaller clothes. Currently in 2x shirts and 18/20 pants and shopping is just painful. The plus sized clothes at the stores are just not flattering or styles age appropriate for me. I just don't like anything I can actually fit in. I haven't bought a new swimsuit in 4 yrs despite spending lots of time at pools/beach, lol. I just hate shopping. I'm just ready to not hate it.

mars735
05-16-2014, 08:27 PM
Marshall's. I usually head for Macy's, REI, Banana Repub. I'm hooked on Marshall's. Everything is a fraction of the price, same things as Macy's or Nordstrom. I love getting great looking clothes cheap!. I found Lucky brand jeans at Costco today. At Target, I found a a shirt & some tops that were better quality than at pricier stores. I love fitting into & looking good in size 6-8--much easier to find things too! Next time I start longing for buttercream-frosted layer cake, I'm gonna reread this post :D

mars735
05-16-2014, 08:43 PM

You may not look the way you'd like yet, but you sure have a gift for metaphor :)
I know the feeling--hang in there!

Candidcamster
05-16-2014, 08:46 PM
Forever 21, I can shop there now, but from the reviews on the plus size clothes it is hit or miss if you're a larger plus size (I'm a woman's 3x, but their 3x is meant for juniors *sighs*). Of course Victoria's Secret <3, no Pink wear though, sick of seeing that lol. More to come...

lizsp88
05-17-2014, 12:08 PM
Charlotte russe would be nice. I love their clothes but I'm just bow squeezing into a size 16 bottoms and l/xl dresses. I am upset bc I got so used to rainbow's plus section for dresses and now it's all too big but juniors won't fit.

skittlesfirehawk
05-17-2014, 12:52 PM
I have no clue. I've been such an alien to fashion since I'd never been able to shop outside of stores like Walmart or Lane Bryant. Only recently have I barely been able to step outside of plus sizes, and I'm getting a feel for what I like through thrift shops. I really have no clue what stores carry what kind of styles (and I'm still kind of intimidated to further explore the mall). :lol:

where did you get the dory ticker

GordonGirl16
05-17-2014, 03:33 PM
I'm mostly just excited to be able to fit in some clothes that have gotten too small for me, and to be able to wear certain styles of clothes that don't look good on me anymore. I'm in college, and I would like to be able to go clothes shopping with my tiny friends without being self-conscious about how things are fitting me