100 lb. Club - Getting Out of the 240s

Pages : [1] 2

View Full Version : Getting Out of the 240s

Goddess Jessica
01-08-2014, 12:19 PM
Our old thread was getting a bit too long so I've closed it and started this new one.

Jessica

pnkrckpixikat
01-08-2014, 02:20 PM
Really Jessica? Usually they get closed at 300 and it was only at 160.

Pam sounds like you have lots of motivation to exercise! that is good:) What is the stretching work out like? what does it have you do? I really need to work on my flexibility, I remember when I could do the splits... now psh never happen! I'd still be a foot or two off the ground.

peaches that sounds likely!! good for you for recognizing the problem. I find water weight from bad eating flushes off faster when I am exercising... i think it turns to sweat lol.

justalozer ooooh I am sure you will see that halfway mark fairly soon! hooray!

Sorry I have been quiet, it has been crazy at work so when I have a few minutes I just want to veg and not communicate :s I am reading on 3fc even when not writing tho!

amandie
01-08-2014, 02:29 PM
From my experience on here, it is 500 posts max per thread so 160 is barely half but whatever, it isn't the first time she has done this because she felt like it was "too long."

JellyBelly1908
01-08-2014, 04:36 PM
I'm back looking for support guys. My Christmas present just arrived - a nice treadmill, and I'm trying to decide between various diet delivery plans. This is the fattest I've been in years. :-(

pnkrckpixikat
01-08-2014, 05:55 PM
yay a treadmill! you lucky duck!!! I want an elliptical but would have no where to put it in my small apt.

pnkrckpixikat
01-08-2014, 06:00 PM
ah! 500! I knew it was an odd number up front lol

akelly728
01-08-2014, 08:25 PM
Well, crossing over to this new thread..

Ready to get into the 230's thread- who is with me??

JennyT
01-08-2014, 11:24 PM
I am SO ready!!! You can gladly take me with you into the 230's :) I have been to hot yoga twice this week, holy mama! I loved it but I was definitely the largest person there...lol oh well. I kept up the best I could. So ya, my yoga clothes actually made it to yoga LOL

Mara
01-09-2014, 09:28 AM
I am definitely ready to be in the next decade akelly I keep flirting with it. LOL

JellyBelly a treadmill is awesome! I like to walk and run (slowly) outside, but right now it is too cold to venture out. I find myself dreaming of a treadmill.

JennyT what is hot yoga exactly? I have done a little yoga, but never hot yoga. I have trouble with some of the positions because I am big chested so they get in the way at times. Can't get my head low enough to the floor because of the girls. LOL

I weighed in at 243.2 this morning. Yay!

akelly728
01-09-2014, 09:50 AM
Wow, yoga clothes making it to an actual yoga class. Sounds like a fantasy in my world LOL!

I am also dreaming of a treadmill. Stupid things are so expensive, and I hate them, but mannnn I love what they do to the scale for me! This weekend is supposed to be warm in GA so I hope to get out and jog (aka look like I'm being pushed by a ghost in caramel) outdoors!! I work in Boston Monday - Thurs this month and I can't even walk to the car without cringing. Lucikly the hotel has an awesome gym with a couple of treadmills with TV's so that has been great!

Come on guys! We can get there! I'm 2 pounds away from the 230's....let's get it!

JennyT
01-09-2014, 09:55 AM
Hot yoga = me doing yoga = hot yoga LOL no no, its in a heated room, it gets quite warm and the sweat just drips off of you but its not like being outside on a hot day. It helps you stretch your muscles so much more and you aren't sore after. Google infrared yoga, its quite interesting. It's perfect on a cold day too! Healthy eating everyone today :)

Goddess Jessica
01-09-2014, 11:07 AM
Whoa!

I apologize if I ruffled some feathers. I thought I was being kind and keeping it from getting unwieldy.

You do know I'm a person, right? No need to talk about me in the third person. You can simply private message me if you feel like I've done something not in the best interest of the board as a moderator and I'll be happy to try to fix it.

akelly728
01-09-2014, 11:14 AM
Sounds interesting Jenny...will have to look into it! Sweating is good - regardless of how you get there :)

pamatga
01-09-2014, 02:18 PM
Good day everyone! :coffee2:

Goddess Jessica : Until you told me that you were a moderator, I didn't know that you were. I re-started this thread because it had died back on the vine back in early November. It is a small group of women who are working hard to move to the next thread. I didn't think it was that long since the group is so small and not everyone posts. However, if you have the authority to do that, then I guess go ahead and do it. I don't take any particular offense to it since I bookmark the thread and it brings me back to where I was last.

Gang: Sorry I have been M.I.A.:eek: from this thread on a daily basis. That might be so for a while longer. Since the first of this year I have been doing a couple of group challenges; mostly involving exercising as well as packing up my stuff to prepare for that move I talked about. Time flies. :angel:

In spite of me exercising every day for the past 9 days, the scales has not budged an ounce. I am not even sure what to make of it. So, all I am doing is just trying my best to be patient and maybe I will see some results within a week or so.

The stretching dvd that I do is from Gaiam: "A.M./P.M. Stretches". Anything from Gaiam is great. That's the name of the company. They have a lot of yoga dvds too. The stretching is demanding. It alternates from doing some positions on the floor and some standing up. You might recognize some of the positions as Pilates-based but essentially it is just going through the range of motion for each body part. I am pretty flexible in my lower body since I spent most of 2013 doing Pilates but it is my upper body around my neck and shoulders that I can really feel stiff and sore.(I am sure that sitting at a computer for long periods of time doesn't help either!) Each section lasts about 35 minutes and it is continual from start to finish. I think (including myself) we forget that we need to make sure that our muscles are primed and ready to be put in certain positions.

I am sure that is also part of the reasoning behind the hot yoga concept. The only concern that I have about sweating that much is if you have any kind of low blood pressure issues. If that would be the case; I could see a person passing out. Of course, making sure that you have some kind of electrolyte replacement drink before or afterwards will usually fix that. When I lose too many fluids too quickly (this has happened when I have had unusually heavy menstrual flows), my heart races and my pulse gets really thready until I have some Power-ade or something like that.

:welcome2: akelly728 and jellybelly1908. Glad to have you here even if it is only for a short while. All of us are very eager to "cross over" to the 230s. I just hope the next thread will be ready for a mass exodus of us joining. :D

:bravo: on getting the treadmill. I bought mine 10 years ago and paid $1200 for it (I was working at the time and making monthly payments). I have never regretted getting it although I agree that some of this free standing exercise equipment can take up a lot of space. In fact, the benefit of us moving to a three bedroom apartment is that I will finally not have to have a workout room/guest room. I will now be able to have a designated work out room. :carrot::woops::strong::ebike: I couldn't help doing that. :lol: :D

pixiekat: I have always loved exercising and, in spite, of too many old injuries to count as well as an aging body, I just enjoy doing it and how good I feel afterwards. "A body that is in motion has a tendency to stay in motion." We were not meant to sit at a computer all day. :comp::nono:

I see that you are also joining in on that January exercise challenge thread. I heard about it from another person, gardenerjoy, who is in another thread on here that I post in, the Beck Diet Solution thread. When she mentioned it in December, I knew that I would be rejoining another group (another off site one) so I figured I would kill two birds with one stone.

I am determined to meet my posted goal (at the end of my signature page) and it is going to take some work to "get 'er done". ;)

mara Glad to hear that you are continuing to lose.

I feel that the biggest benefit that I have gotten out of losing so slowly is that I have gotten to know so many great ladies here in this 240 lbs. thread.

You are all the best! To the "new kids on the block", again, :welcome: and here's hoping we all get to the 230s before :val1: and let's hope we don't bounce back here afterwards :D:val2:

Take care all, Pam :comp: :coffee2:

Mara
01-10-2014, 10:24 AM
Jenny that does sound fun and effective.

Pam I hope you packing is going well. Sitting at a computer cause my shoulder and neck to tighten up. I have to remind myself to loosen them and stretch throughout the day. I think stress causes them to tense up too.

I am still at 243.2 today. I am a little worried because we have a lunch meeting and I have not idea what is being served. Hopefully I will make good decisions. :)

pnkrckpixikat
01-11-2014, 03:48 PM
Jessica I wasn't trying to come off as rude or talk in the third person or anything. I was just surprised and confused, thought maybe something had changed. In terms of how I referenced you, that is just how I type. I either start with the name or add it towards the beginning of the sentence to indicate who I am speaking to.

Welcome akelly! It looks like you will be moving on down quite soon!! Did you get to jog before heading to Boston? Boston is freaking cold but hooray they have a good set up gym-wise :)

You are close too Jenny!!! Hot Yoga sounds... sweaty lol but I have heard good things! Yoga is one of those things I want to like but never seem to get into much. Maybe once I am more flexible. Maybe I will start with a video like pam's

No worries pam I have been MIA too because work has been PSYCHO! lol not sure how much better it'll become with classes starting. Work will be slower but I will still be crazy busy :dizzy:

mara I hope you made good decisions at your lunch!!! If not, no worries, it was only one meal! :)

justaloozer
01-13-2014, 08:01 AM
MIA here too. I had a stomach bug and somehow managed to GAIN .4?! :?: So I am at 247 today.

Mara
01-13-2014, 09:05 AM
Thanks pixicat.

I did pretty good, but this weekend not so much. Saturday was okay, but yesterday I was snacky and caved. Up again to 244.8. On a positive note I did go walking since the weather was better. It has been a while so my legs did feel it a little. :)

pnkrckpixikat
01-13-2014, 03:03 PM
justalozer your body uses extra water fighting off sickness/healing injury etc so it is almost certain water weight from that. it should flush off in a day or two :)

No worries mara! Just get back on track and stay there now :P

Mara
01-14-2014, 08:21 AM
Lost some water weight. :D I weighed in at 243.2. I hope everyone has a godd weigh in and an awesome day!

JennyT
01-14-2014, 10:21 AM
Looks like I am hanging about for another week. 240.6 this morning! 3.2 down this week :) I haven't been moving my body much either as my back started to get really sore on Saturday as I was driving soooo much. Just starting to feel better today. Looking forward to a good week of staying on track!

pamatga
01-14-2014, 12:13 PM
Hello all :coffee2:

I came down with the flu this past Sunday. I have had two days where I slept nearly 12 hours each day. My head is so congested that I have had a bad ear ache in my right ear.

This may sound crazy :dizzy: but I also decided to join an exercise challenge thread here on 3FC for the month of January, and since I set my monthly goal as " exercising every day", I decided to stick to my guns and do that. I did a Leslie Sansone Walk dvd last night and my legs felt like limp spaghetti. I could barely lift my legs on the leg lifts. I only did 1 mile but at least I can say I did exercise that day. I haven't broke my streak yet but it is tough to do cardio when you feel so wiped out before you have even begun.

My DH has been doing some of the shopping and I suggested some food from our local grocery store deli. It didn't have the food label on the deli chicken but something tells me it was a lot of sodium because I regained 3 lbs. in a blink of an eye. I am really getting tired of doing the two steps with my weight. It goes down two pounds than back up two pounds, etc. I honestly thought all of this extra activity would translate into more weight loss or at least sweated off.

Besides that I also had to change my packing plans because our property management wanted to power wash all of the exterior patios and open porches so I had to help my DH move our porch furniture as well as plant stand, etc. yesterday while it was cold and raining. Who decides to power wash anything in the middle of January and especially when colder temps and rain is predicted?? It is like getting your car washed right before a storm watch. :spin: Oh well...

Jenny T: you are sooooo close...I am green with envy :p but I know that you have worked hard on this so if I don't see you again here when I post again, congrats on all of your hard work!:cp:

pixiekat: Sounds like you have been super busy even during winter break. How much longer do you have to attend school before you have your degree?

mara you are doing great. Glad to hear that you got a walk in when the weather cooperated. I resumed working out this month after a hit and miss approach this past fall. For me, it is always a matter of feeling more fatigued initially but I just add an hour of sleep to compensate. I just wish I wouldn't have gotten sick though. :?: Yes, I do think that a lot of my shoulder tightness is from sitting at the computer a lot. I do try to limit myself but somedays I find myself looking up and realizing that I have sat here a couple of hours. Hard to believe.:sp:

akelley: Hey! :wave:

Not much else happening here. Trying to just ride this cold/flu out. I hope I feel better by the weekend.

Take care all, Pam :comp:

justaloozer
01-14-2014, 01:43 PM
pnkrckpixikat That is interesting! I did not know that! Thanks!

Hello all :coffee2:

I came down with the flu this past Sunday. I have had two days where I slept nearly 12 hours each day. My head is so congested that I have had a bad ear ache in my right ear.
I am really getting tired of doing the two steps with my weight. It goes down two pounds than back up two pounds, etc.

Pam, hope you are feeling better now. I totally understand how you feel. I am bouncing again between the same numbers and I am getting extremely frustrated.

I stayed within all of my numbers yesterday AND worked out and somehow gained 1.4lbs overnight. Totally bummed about it. So today I am 248.4. At this rate I am not going to make my Valentine's Day goal. This weekend is my birthday and I fully intend to splurge with a trip out for dinner. And I refuse to count calories that night!

Mara
01-14-2014, 01:43 PM
Way to go JennyT! Lead us to the next decade's thread. :D

Pam some of the weight might be from the flu. Your body is busy fighting off the virus. It is probably holding onto what fluids it can.

ubercast
01-14-2014, 07:13 PM
I'm going to be joining you for a few weeks!

I'm excited to meet everyone!

JennyT
01-14-2014, 10:05 PM
Thanks everyone, I only weigh in on Tuesdays (officially, I sneak a peek here and there) so I will be around for the week :) Pam I bet you will have a loss after your flu is over with, hang in there!

akelly728
01-14-2014, 11:42 PM
So I did dabble into the 230's...I'm on the 239/249 fence so will post here a bit, and there too. You guys are so welcoming and very chatty - I love it!

Pam, good luck on the move! Glad to see a fellow GA girl on here :) I get up around your area on my way to the Dillard mountain area. I live in Macon :)

Pixikat, yes I tried to jog outside before the cold hit. However I never capitalized like I should have....2014 during the warm sunny days I will be outside jogging! My next project is in your area I think - Dallas! Much warmer. I love Dallas so I'm super excited to get there. I return home to Ga for weekends (I'm an IT consultant) so the shorter flight will also be nice.

Justaloozer, hope you feel better soon!

Mara, cravings alllllllwayysssss get the best of me. Or the worst of me, depending on how you look at it I guess!

JennyT, nice loss for the week! That's great!

Mara
01-15-2014, 09:04 AM
Justaloozer I am positive the bump up is from water weight since you exercised. Especially since you just had a bug, aka dehydration.

Welcome ubercast!

JennyT I bet come next Tuesday you will be outta here and well on your way in the next decade.

Akelly I am trying to keep those cravings under control. LOL Sometimes they seem to haunt me.

I am up .2 this morning, 243.4. Hopefully not an upward trend again. I was proud that I stuck to my plan for dinner last night. There was a wreck on the way home and it made the commute even longer. I was so tired and hungry that I wanted to cave and stop by McDonald's, Taco Bell, etc. But I went home and had salad and chicken for dinner.

Hope everyone is doing good this week. :)

peachesandcream
01-15-2014, 02:46 PM
I've stayed steady at 244. I think I might be loosing fat but gaining muscle... I'm trying not to be so obsessed with the number on the scale but instead focus on feeling better and clothes getting looser. It is really easy to feel discouraged though. Perhaps something similar is going on with you justaloozer? Really I think I just feel discouraged about life in general right now but I could write a novel on that.

Yay for the NSV Mara. I know the feeling- for me it's wanting to stop at pizza places.

Enjoy your jogs Akelly.

Nice to meet you ubercast.

Hope you feel better soon Pam. The goal of exercising everyday is great. I'm trying to get to exercise every weekday (Monday -Friday).

MamaPu
01-15-2014, 06:02 PM
Hi! I just wanted to pop in to say hi, hopefully I'll officially be in here on Friday (my official weigh day) I weighed in at 250.2 this am. Can't wait to get to know everyone soon :)

Mara
01-16-2014, 12:43 PM
Hello MamaPu!

Peaches I understand the feeling, but don't give up you can do it. I think focusing on fit of clothing is a good idea. Although it is still hard not to think about the number on the scale.

JellyBelly1908
01-16-2014, 02:48 PM
I lost 2.8 lbs this week! Only used my treadmill once though. :-(

justaloozer
01-16-2014, 03:29 PM
Welcome Mamapu!

It's so hard not to focus on the scale at this point Peaches! I am sorry you are feeling down.

My birthday is this weekend and I am also going to a friends party. I am sure that my weight will go up so I am prepared for that. Scale has stayed the same for 2 days now- 248.6.

pnkrckpixikat
01-16-2014, 07:35 PM
Pam I up set to graduating with my bachelors in Dec of this year as long as one or two of my classes needed are available over summer and IF none of my classes are offered in the same time slots in fall. But, I will hopefully be turning around and starting my Masters program here at the same school in Jan of 2015 so not much will change except what I am studying since I am gong from psych to business.

akelly I think it has been a bit warmer here, but idk how much, it did get pretty frigid here. it is back in the 60s for the daily high though, I hope it sticks but my DH is wishing it away, he likes the cold! I am in the Dallas area, just above it in Richardson

I'll be back later to write more, running out somewhere now :)

Sakai
01-16-2014, 10:53 PM
Ah! how could I have missed this thread!
I've been trying to get out of the 240's for 2 months now.
Back story: 6 (almost 7) months ago I lost a good deal of weight. My cousin was coming to town with my daughter ( they adopted her) my cousin's wife and myself started a little blog about our weight loss adventures. Well, right after they came to visit for my daughter's first birthday, i totally threw myself off the wagon. I was eating clean, a vegetarian and hardly any wheat. That went right under the rug and I went back to eating meat, bread and pasta and had more processed and fast food in the past 6 months than i had in over 2 years.
So yeah, I gained 25 pounds in 6 months. Not happy about it. Now my cousin and his wife gave my man and I tickets to go visit them in Atlanta. We're super excited as we've never traveled much and we get to see our daughter for her 2nd birthday. I'm determined to get back to the weight I was (or smaller). but the 240's are killer!
As of right now I'm 248.6 But I just ate breakfast so that's not an accurate number. I'll have a more accurate number tomorrow when I weigh myself before breakfast.

MamaPu
01-17-2014, 08:07 AM
Ok I'm officially in here! 249.8 this morning, up .2 from yesterday morning, but today is my official weigh day.
Welcome Sakai, it's hard but you can do it!
I'm at my lowest weight I've been for about 3 years, or longer! That's all the motivation I need right now!

Mara
01-17-2014, 09:20 AM
Welcome Sakai!

And yay for making it offical MamaPu!

I am down to 242.4 this morning! I really want out of the 240's. This has been going on for too long now. Lol Must stay strong. Must stay strong. That is my mantra this week. ;)

peachesandcream
01-17-2014, 12:10 PM
Hey Everyone!

Even though things are rough for me but I'm try to stay focused on what I can control. What I can control is eating healthier and exercising. I'm down to 243 again BUT I need to work on curbing my late night snacking. That's why I've gotten stuck again. I try to keep remembering how far I've come when I put on my clothes.

Welcome Saku and MamaPu.

I like that mantra Mara. Must stay strong!

Thank you for the encouragement justaloozer.

Yay for Jellybean.

Sakai
01-17-2014, 10:02 PM
I have a more official weigh in. 245.8
I have a horrible, very nasty habit of not really ever exercising. >.< It's really bad, i know. My goal this year should of been to start working out more. I'm so worn out after work. I'm on my feet and walking over 10,000 steps just at my job. However, my heart-rate is never elevated so I guess it doesn't count.

justaloozer
01-18-2014, 07:31 AM
Yay Mamapu!

Mara you can do it!

Sakai I also move a lot for work but I find that I have to exercise separately in order for my weight to continue moving downward.

AFM I hit 70lbs lost today! I am going out to eat for my bday tomorrow so I know it will go back up again, but I am so ecstatic today!

wannaskipandlaugh
01-18-2014, 08:14 AM
I just want to say hello to my friends I have posted with for weeks (Months in my case - since August)... I am down to 239 this morning and thrilled to pieces!. I also welcome those of you who have joined and/or moved from teh higher decade thread.. HOORAY! and enjoy this group.. THEY ARE AWESOME!

Hurry up and follow me to the 230-220 thread.. I am waiting for you! :)

Mara
01-19-2014, 02:12 PM
Way to Sue! Hopefully we will be joining you soon.

I got 242.0 this morning. :)

pamatga
01-20-2014, 01:43 PM
Good day all! :coffee2:

I am so glad to be back here.:dance: I am sorry that I haven't posted in a week's time. I just read all of your posts from the last time that I posted so I will respond to the ongoing chat here now.

:welcome: MamaPu and ubercast. As I always tell the "newbies", we love to have you but we also love to see you move on down. So, here is hoping that while you are here, we will get to know you a little better but hopefully, you will across 'cross over' to the next decade when "it is time" with the idea that we are not saying "so long" but "glad to see ya again" in the next decade. That is my "official" "Hey, y'all" and "Hey, hope we all get on down" as we all want! :cp::goodscale

I slowly regained about 0.2 lbs. per week for the past couple of weeks. I could blame it on the flu or I could blame it on exercising every day (in spite of the flu and also re-injuring my left shoulder and neck muscle again) but I honestly think that it is a combination of extra calories and way too many of those coming from sodium. So, last Friday I spent all afternoon going back through my food plans that I log faithfully and really looking for some clues :book2:
Then, I made a new food list to have both at home and also to take to the grocery store so that I am more alert to hidden sodium. Let's hope this is all that I need to keep things moving downward.

For example; I noticed that when a product says "reduced fat" usually the manufacturers raise the sodium in that same product! Since I have eating "low fat" down pat, I now really need to work harder on being more low sodium. The same goes for "fat free" but with a different twist: when the fat is completely removed usually more sugar, even artificial is added, and for me, this means that once I start eating a product (like fat free peppermint chocolate cookie cakes last Friday) I can't stop. I hate to make my own self a guinea pig" but I guess that is what I have done.:yikes::sorry: The results end up showing up on the scales.:stress:

justaloozer Congrats on losing 70 lbs. That is no easy feat and you should be very proud of this accomplishment. :bravo::bday2you: I hope your B-Day was as special as it can be.

ubercast and akelly728 I just had to mention how adorable your dog avatars are. akelly728--looks like yours is ready for V-Day as well.
:val2:

mara: What kind of cravings are you struggling with? The times when I have cravings it is usually for carbs and it seems like the more carbs I eat the more that I want them so it is a vicious cycle for me. :eating2::frypan::lol3: The best remedy for me when this happens is to eat some protein.

peachesncream: I too am noticing that my clothes are fitting a lot better (all of the exercise that I am doing :exercise::lifter:) but still there is something about seeing that number on the scale go down that makes me feel like I am headed in the right direction. :goodscale and that I am not just spinning my wheels :kickcan:

jellybelly1908: :woohoo: on the big lose. Keep up the good work!

pixiekat: Hope it warms up soon for you in the DFW area. We are unseasonably cool here in GA but it is bright and sunny:sunny: even if I still have to wear a winter coat. Sounds like you will be hitting the books for some time to come.

Sakai: I admire your decision regarding the custody of your child. I am sure that it was not an easy one. I am sorry to hear that the backlash resulted in a regain of 25 lbs but you are in the right place and you will get that off in no time. Be diligent. Be patient. Be forgiving to yourself. :hug:You did it once before, you can definitely lose it again.

I too have been treading water :swim: in the 240s longer than I care to admit but at least I haven't gained any more than 3-5 lbs at any given time so that is progress of sorts. The only thing that is hard is when you want so badly to break that 240 barrier but things turn out otherwise. Now, that I have returned to more daily exercise as well as recognizing my issue with sodium, I think within a few weeks I can see some improvement in those weekly weigh ins. At least, I hope so.:crossed:

MamaPu I too am at my lowest ( in 20 years ) so I just have to quit feeling so blasted comfortable here and crank up my efforts. :woops:

"Must stay strong!" ---we all embrace your mantra Mara. We can do this!

Take care all, Pam :comp: :coach:

MissMollyM
01-20-2014, 01:57 PM
Can I join in? I am at 242.2 and can't wait to get to my 30's. I haven't been in my 30's for about 6 years. I can't wait!!! :)

What diet plans is everyone doing? I am on WonderSlim and love it. :)

Mara
01-20-2014, 03:13 PM
Welcome MissMolly! I am currently focusing on watching my calories and sodium. The salt will sneak up on you everytime. :)

Pam the cravings were for mostly warm gooey cheesey food, think pizza, Chuy's cheese and creamy jalapeno dip. Mostly gone now. :) And I had noticed that about low fat foods. Sneaky sodium.

MissMollyM
01-20-2014, 04:28 PM
Welcome MissMolly! I am currently focusing on watching my calories and sodium. The salt will sneak up on you everytime. :)

Pam the cravings were for mostly warm gooey cheesey food, think pizza, Chuy's cheese and creamy jalapeno dip. Mostly gone now. :) And I had noticed that about low fat foods. Sneaky sodium.

Thank you for the warm welcome, Mara. :)

Yes, sodium stinks. I can't believe how much sodium I take in - not even adding additional salt. Argh!!! :mad: I would rather something not taste as great as long as it had less sodium. Oh, well... I guess it is what it is.

Calypso214
01-20-2014, 11:28 PM
I'm a "newbie" both to this site and to this thread...in fact, I just began today on the 3Fat Chicks site! At around 240lbs...my highest ever.

However, on Jan 6th, I made the decision to leap on my rarely used treadmill and do thirty minutes a day (around two weeks now). I've been trying to do Weight Watchers on my own (1200 cal/ day) , as I live in Mexico. I have done treading every day until about 4days ago, when I injured my right foot. I'm not sure if it's a stress fracture or plantar fasciitis, and I do have an appointment with my doctor for an XRay and examination.!

I'm SO frustrated at it happening now. I've been so committed and can no longer walk at a decent speed on the treadmill. And, my foot hurts afterward...drat it! The plus side is that I do see a slight difference in size...very slight, as I am weighing only one time a month.
I waver between giving my foot rest...and walking on the treadmill slowly. I just don't wasn't to fall back into inactivity. Any tips/ advice! I'm a bit bummed out!

Mara
01-21-2014, 09:08 AM
Well the sodium got me at dinner and I am up at 243.4. :( Oh well, time to flush it off with water.

Welcome Calypso! I would take a break from the treadmill until you see you doctor. Or at least take it super easy. You don't want to injure it further and be out of commission longer. :) Just watch your calorie intake until you are back to full fighting strength.

JennyT
01-21-2014, 09:41 AM
Down 1.6 this past week, I was hoping for a little more but I had a pop corn incident on the weekend...lol BUT I am down to 239 :) I didn't post a lot in this thread but I read it everyday and was encouraged by all the thoughtful words. Good luck on your journey everyone!

akelly728
01-21-2014, 09:53 AM
Moving on to the next decade. Good luck to those here - hope to see you soon in the next thread :) It's a double decade so will probably be there a while!

thewalrus0
01-21-2014, 06:01 PM
Hi everyone!

I've been a bit distracted since school started last week! Lots of homework, but I'm glad to be busy again. This weekend was long because of the holiday so I worked pretty hard to get all my homework done as well as try to jump ahead a bit, well, at least as far as I can in the classes where it's possible.

The scale has been hovering painfully close to 241 but last night I took a break to drink some alcohol and have some fun! Today I feel terrible, but it was worth it. I probably won't weigh in until Saturday since I had so much alcohol and ate some unforgiving foodstuffs.

However, I'm hoping to be in the 230's by the end of the month! :)

Mara
01-22-2014, 08:42 AM
Way to go akelly and jennyt!!! Hopefully with all you guys moving down the rest of us will be pulled with ya'll. :)

Thewalrus sometimes you have to take a break. And I would stay away from the scale to just so the sodium water weight woudn't discourage me.

I am at 242.4 this morning. Trying to watch my sodium. It really does a number on me.

JellyBelly1908
01-23-2014, 01:52 PM
Today was a bad week. I binged 24/7 and didn't exercise. Gained 3.4 lbs. :-(

Mara
01-24-2014, 09:21 AM
Everyone has those jellybelly so don't be discourage. :hug: I read a post on here once that said if you were mountain climbing and slipped you would not give up and throw yourself off the mountain. You would grip tighter and keep climbing. That was the short version of the saying. LOL But I have it taped up at my cubilce.

I had a semi bad week. Just found out that one of my co-workers is leaving and today is her last day. So there was a last minute going away lunch yesterday and I did not make the best choice. However I planned my meals for today and am about to for the weekend.

Hope everyone has a fabulous weekend! :D

MamaPu
01-24-2014, 10:51 AM
Congrats to those moving on! I know I haven't posted much this week I'm easily distracted, so when I got time I got busy with something else lol...I hope to get to know everyone a little better :) I'm down 2lbs this week!
Don't feel too bad JellyBelly, I had a bad couple of days this weekend too, tom cravings got the best of me!!
I like that thought Mara!

justaloozer
01-25-2014, 06:25 PM
Hugs jellybelly! I have been binging on and off the last week. After my birthday I have had a difficult time getting back on track. I haven't been exercising either. Tomorrow's weigh in will be a disappointment for sure.

WTG Mamapu!!

justaloozer
01-26-2014, 12:51 PM
Weigh in was 245.2. Only a .2 weight gain. Thank goodness it wasn't so bad this week!

Mara
01-26-2014, 02:28 PM
I'm glad your weigh in went better than you expected justaloozer.

I saw 240.6 this morning! Trying not to get too excited in case tomorrow is an increase. Lol

jodoto
01-26-2014, 02:34 PM
:carrot::carrot:I am just starting a new way of eating... I am determined to "get out of the 240's" so here I am!

justaloozer
01-26-2014, 04:22 PM
WTG Mara!!!!

Welcome jodoto!!

Mara
01-28-2014, 08:51 AM
Welcome jodoto!

Justaloozer I did see an increase, 241.4, but that is okay. Could have been worse. :)

I hope everyone has a good day and may the scales be forever in your favor. ;)

justaloozer
01-28-2014, 11:21 AM
You are still so close Mara!!

As for me, I had a whoosh! I am down to 241.8. I will probably have an increase but it's so motivating to be this close to halfway to my goal!

peachesandcream
01-28-2014, 12:28 PM
Hey Everyone!

I know it's been awhile. I overate a bit and didn't exercise as much but the difference between all the times that I've given up long term and now is that I'm getting back on the horse. A few days after getting myself back into shape I'm down to 241! I'm trying to keep the momentum going even on stressful days. I hope that encourages you Jellybelly.

WTG justaloozer, Mamapu and Mara.

Thanks for giving me a good laugh Mara with the scales being forever in our favor.

Welcome jodoto!

I love that quote "if you were mountain climbing and slipped you would not give up and throw yourself off the mountain. You would grip tighter and keep climbing."

Keep up the good work walrus and JennyT.

Congrats to akelly!

Mara
01-29-2014, 09:47 AM
WTG justaloozer!!! We can make the final push into the next decade!

Peaches the Hunger Games reference made me laugh when I thought of it. It is how i feel before getting on the scale.

http://http://pagelady.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/hunger-games-district12-salute.png%3Fw%3D500

pnkrckpixikat
01-29-2014, 12:06 PM
Hey everyone! Just wanted to say I am still staying mostly on plan, I have been exercising a few days a week and I am trying to wait out the scale antics.

I have been reading but not talking because when I have free time posting just seems like SOOO much effort lol

wannaskipandlaugh
01-30-2014, 08:08 AM
I miss you all! I hope that I see you ladies soon in the next thread! I know that scale will reward you soon! (WHOOSH FAIRY COME VISIT THESE HARD WORKERS) !!

Mara
01-30-2014, 08:42 AM
Miss you too Sue! You are doing great. Hopefully we all will be seing you next week in the next decade thread.:crossed:

I am up today, 242.4. But that is because of last night I think. Went out for a friends birthday and had some of dessert.

jodoto
01-30-2014, 03:11 PM
Thanks for the welcomes! I was at 243 this morning, so I am happy with making the needle on that scale move in the right direction. I am from Atlanta, so we are "snowed" in and were yesterday, as well. It is harder for me to eat correctly at home, hanging out, bored!

Mara
01-31-2014, 09:01 AM
Happy Friday! I weighed in at 241.2. Hoping next week I will see the 230's.

Jodoto I'm glad you guys are okay, but being stuck inside sucks. :( Hopefully you will be able to get out and about soon.

AxelGoldstein
01-31-2014, 10:44 AM
Hello Ladies! I weighed in this morning right at 240.0 but have been sick and am sure to see a couple pounds back when I get back to normal. I'll probably be here for a bit.

I have lost weight recently due to illness but am looking for the support and ideas to maintain and keep losing!

Ordered some yoga DVDs and am hoping they come today so I can start getting some movement back in my life. Being sick and stuck at home is so lame!

Happy Friday to all - have a great weekend!

pamatga
01-31-2014, 03:53 PM
First of all, I just wanted to say that I have been 'around' here but it seemed like when I reported on one thread and then am doing my best to lead another challenge on another thread, this gets pushed to the back. I apologize for those choices that I made because this is where it all started for me this past fall and I miss all of you, I really do!

Well, I will report the "good news" first. I managed to exercise every day for the month of January. :woohoo: I do enjoy moving since I am at home a lot but I have a second bedroom set up as a designated workout room. The problem is that I had to move all of our porch furniture in there earlier this month when our leasing management decided (in the middle of unseasonably cold weather here in Atlanta) to power wash the exterior patios and porches. Really? Well, it hasn't happened yet but in order for me to access my treadmill I had to spend about a week rearranging lots of stuff. Well, to add another "hurdle" in the way, I overdid it with my free weight workouts and my left shoulder and left elbow are inflamed, especially my left elbow. :mad: Mea culpa. :devil:

So, lessons learned in the month of January is exercise on warmed-up muscles (I hate to admit this but I often jump right into a routine because I do so much of it on the fly :nono:) as well as treat injuries at the beginning and not ignore them. Yes, I know this but I just didn't practice it. Now, I am!

The "not so good" news: after bobbing up and down for the past month, I had to scrap my January goal of weight loss (which I did not make):( and redo my profile to reflect accurately my weight today. I am at the upper end now of the 240s. Two reasons: I ate more calories than I burned and I made poor food choices---mostly too much sodium.

"Good news" again: I spent time about a week ago and I went through everything that I ate (I keep detailed food logs) and I made a list of the good and not so good food choices. Since then, I have been more careful in choosing foods that have sodium in them. The best place to do that is where it all starts: at the grocery store. I am not a dieter per se. I focus more on eating healthy. What was lacking this past fall was being active. Period. Now, that I have been more active and my metabolism is starting to show signs of responding, I do think that I will start to see the scales respond more in my favor (as Mara pointed out). So, for me, it is really all about being and staying active. Since I simply do not want to follow a super low calorie food plan (I just think that brings a whole set of new problems), then I know that I have to "move". It may not have been as necessary a couple of years ago, but today it is. My metabolism is just simply slowing down as I get older. :(

As my avatar says" Finish what I start!"

:welcome: axelgoldstein , calypso214, jodoto and MissMollyM.

For those of you who asked or shared your plans/workouts: I am following a diabetes weight loss plan (devised by a R.D.) that emphasizes healthy eating (meaning fruits, vegetables, whole grains and lean protein) along with moderate daily exercise. The later has become more important as my life is very sedentary if I don't actually do a specific workout. I have a huge selection of really good dvds that I rotate so my workouts seem fun and interesting. I do have some physical limitations (especially during the colder weather) with RA and I need knee surgery. I still have found several dvds that address this and I have been able to do workouts.

Again, for all the "regulars" I am so sorry that I have been "missing in action". I hope to get back into posting on a more regular basis. To all of the "newbies", again :welcome2: and you will certainly be happy you choose to join us. This is a great bunch of "chicks".

Take care, Pam :comp" :coffee2:

jodoto
02-01-2014, 09:35 AM
242 for me this morning....hopefully by Monday I will bid you good-bye and head to the 230's ...trust me, it's not you, it's the numbers on a scale! Have a good weekend....hope everyone stays on whatever their plan is!

AxelGoldstein
02-01-2014, 02:54 PM
Happy Saturday to All! Good work jodoto and kudos to everyone that can keep up and reply to everyone! What's the trick I'm missing? I'm new to this forum thing and am feeling old.

Weighed in at 239.8 this morning but I am not convinced that it will stay that low so I'm not going anywhere just yet!

My daughter and I are snowed in today and my DH is sleeping (he works nights) which means quiet (slow) play. The yoga DVDs I ordered came, maybe she and I can do one together. Though, I doubt I'll be able to focus with all the "look at me mommy"s there would be as she quickly masters each move and mommy gets red in the face. haha

Have a great day everyone!

foreverfaye
02-01-2014, 04:29 PM
Hey guys!!!!
I'm back on 3FC after a regain. I got on the scale this AM and it read 244.4. Not thrilled about the number but I'm glad I'm joining a great group of 3FCers.
My goal for the week is daily workouts, drink 64oz daily and log in to 3FC everyday. I'm going to let go of the food/calorie/number crunching because that almost always lead to me going into a mental food famine and eating everything in sight. I just want to start building consistent healthy habits.
Have a good weekend all!
~Faye

jodoto
02-02-2014, 08:41 AM
241.5 for me this morning....I hope I can do what I need to do concerning Suberbowl food! See you lighter! Jodoto

justaloozer
02-02-2014, 09:08 AM
Good morning ladies!

I am back up to 244.4 today. My kids have been super sick this week and I made poor food choices because it was easier. In hindsight I should have just made a big batch of food and eaten from it all week.

This week I am flying out to see family which I am hoping will not throw me off plan. I am so close to being halfway to my overall goal!!

Hope you all have a fantastic weekend!

thewalrus0
02-02-2014, 02:49 PM
Hi hi! I feel like I'm never on here anymore but I definitely miss it. :(

I've been hovering around 240, so definitely on my way to the 230's but it's TOM and I've had a few cheat meals here and there this week but I'm hoping to get down to 235lbs this month. :)

I hope everyone is doing well today. I've got loads of homework. I'm just taking a mental health break but I've got to get back to it. This semester is looking to be rough but my goal is to stay on track and hopefully be down into the low 220's before summer!

I know when summer hits I'll have some breathing room but the next few months are not going to be exactly smooth sailing, so I'm just trying to stay on the boat! :P

smashlers
02-02-2014, 02:57 PM
Holy cow! I am so close to saying goodbye to the 240's I can taste it! Weighed myself this morning and saw an all time low 240.8. That is amazing! 230's can't come soon enough!

Mara
02-03-2014, 09:36 AM
Welcome to the new thread memember!

And great job to the ladies about to head out to the next thread.

I am not sure of my weight. Avoiding the scale. I went to the doctor for some irregular bleeding and turns out my body is not absorbing the birth control anymore. So we are making some changes to my prescription and for now I get to have an unexpected time of the month. :(

The cravings and cramping have been more extreme then normal so I caved had some cake over the weekend. Sigh...back on plan today so hopefully by end of week I will be back to normal.

Mara
02-04-2014, 09:07 AM
I hope everyone is having a good week. I am at 242.4. I am hoping it flushes away when TOM is over.

thewalrus0
02-04-2014, 02:47 PM
Whoo! I've made it out of the 240's! I hope to see you all in the next thread soon and good luck!

Mara
02-04-2014, 04:55 PM
Way to go walrus!!! Hope to see you soon too. :)

jodoto
02-04-2014, 08:37 PM
I made it to the 230's....hurry to the rest of you, and I will see you lighter!

Mara
02-05-2014, 01:40 PM
Way to go jodoto!!!

Kate79
02-06-2014, 02:57 PM
Hello 240s! :D I'm so excited to be in a new "decade"!

Mara
02-07-2014, 11:20 AM
Welcome Kate!

Here is to a great weekend and weightloss!

Mara
02-10-2014, 08:50 AM
Well I got 239.8 two days in a row. I am going to mosey over to the next decade thread. Hopefully the scale does not jump back up. :)

See you ladies soon in the next decade!

Olivia7906
02-10-2014, 06:57 PM
Hi everyone! I'm new here and am starting my 2014 weight loss journey. I have a weight loss journey every year lol. I get close to goal then fall off the wagon, then wait until the new year starts to try again. I'm a month late though lol. But at least today is a true start.

I weighed in at 243.00 so hopefully I won't have to hang around the 240's long. Here's to getting out quickly! :)

Olivia7906
02-11-2014, 07:26 AM
Good Morning,

I weighed in at 239.50 this morning! 3.50 pounds since starting yesterday. I should say 3.5 pounds of water lol. Still weight gone! I'm going to stick around this thread for a few days to make sure it sticks because TOM is due in 2 days and I usually gain weight during that time. Off to a good start!

Olivia7906
02-12-2014, 07:16 AM
TOM has been around for 2 days now and the scale is still dropping so I'm going to head on outta here! YAY! Happy losing :)

wannaskipandlaugh
02-15-2014, 08:46 AM
Bump.... anyone else moving out of here and into the 230/220's??

justaloozer
02-15-2014, 08:52 AM
Sadly I am still here. I went away last week and gained a few lbs. As of today I am back down to my ticker weight. Hopefully I will see you all soon!

Congrats to everyone for making it to the new decade!!!!

wannaskipandlaugh
02-15-2014, 08:59 AM
Sadly I am still here. I went away last week and gained a few lbs. As of today I am back down to my ticker weight. Hopefully I will see you all soon!

Congrats to everyone for making it to the new decade!!!!

We will be seeing you in a day or two Justa! I KNOW IT! :)

justaloozer
02-16-2014, 09:25 AM
I hope so wanna!! :)

Mara
02-17-2014, 08:44 AM
You can do it Justaloozer!!!

pamatga
02-17-2014, 07:29 PM
Based on reading previous posts, it looks like many of the "regulars" here have left. :bravo: mara, justwannaskipnlaugh, walrus and anyone else I may have missed who has broken the 240s and back in the 230s. Unfortunately, I was in the 250s for a short while (about 11 days) and so I felt that I needed to wait until I was in the 240s again before I start posting here.

Well, the long and short of it for me was simply that once I started exercising every day [since January 1st] my appetite increased and I started to go backwards on the scales. I have seen this happen in the past when I resumed exercising so I waited patiently and just recently in the past week it is now going back down where it needs to be going. My metabolism has caught up with my activity and the hunger reflex is no longer an issue anymore. I eat more appropriately for my activity level.

:welcome: the new faces; olivia and kate. I am sure that you won't be here long. I am really happy for all of you who finally slayed that weight dragon :devil: and now are in the 230s. :cloud9: I "might" be there in March. We'll see. Now that I have stabilized things on this end, I do expect to see a more downward trend. I also hope to be posting more regularly for awhile now that I am back in the 240s again.

Glad to be back, Pam :comp: :coffee2:

justaloozer
02-18-2014, 06:46 AM
Hi Pam! Glad your metabolism is catching back up.

I hit 75lbs lost today! Halfway to goal, plus I get to change my avatar!

grneyedmustang
02-24-2014, 10:55 AM
Hello everyone! I am slightly happy to be back in the 240's...where is everyone? I thought I'd try and revive the thread :D

Silverfire
02-28-2014, 12:20 PM
Poking my nose in here... Hope to be in this decade soon!! 4 lbs to go!

justaloozer
03-01-2014, 02:49 PM
I'm here, teetering between 239.8-241. I wish the scale would cooperate!

RoxieK
03-02-2014, 02:05 PM
I'm here at 248.5. Downward we all go!

It's been so cold here this winter as everywhere. Someone told me the other day it's been the coldest winter here in 50 or 60 years. I think once spring is finally on the horizon it will bring everyone's spirits up!

Hope everyone is having a fantastic sunday!

kailpea
03-04-2014, 12:42 PM
I'm poking my head in here because this might be my new home for a few weeks. I weighed in today at 250.0 one one scale and 249.6 on the other. I am ecstatic to finally be almost through with the 250's and moving through the 240's!

MandyLamy
03-08-2014, 07:57 PM
Hey everyone <3 I weighed in a 249.5 today! Seems pretty quiet haha.

BethC
03-08-2014, 08:03 PM
Hello everyone, so happy to be here!!! I woke up this morning with TOM didn't want to get weighed in, but went anyway because I've been on vacation for two weeks. Not knowing what I was going to see, I was down to 249.8! Knowing that usually get about 2 pounds my first day of TOM, I will definitely take it!!

kailpea
03-11-2014, 07:44 AM
248.6 today! So happy to be out of the 250's

BethC
03-15-2014, 10:48 AM
Down another #!! 248.8 today!! Have a great week everyone!

wannaskipandlaugh
03-15-2014, 12:34 PM
OOOHHH I see a bunch of newby's posting here! Can't wait to have you join us in the 230-220 thread! We have a alot of posters... but just recently lost 3 to the Two Teens ... so come on down! Just think and believe that this is the FAST Thread.. only 10 lbs to lose... that's all! Quick and easy and then join us! :)

kailpea
03-16-2014, 10:16 AM
Wannaskipandlaugh Can't wait to be there! This thread is kinda dead. =(

So yesterday was a complete off-diet day. Ate out for 3 meals because we went on a day trip And I am paying for it today. 249.2. =( I will NOT change my ticker though.

Mara
03-18-2014, 10:17 AM
Hello! I was in the 220's/230's thread briefly. But due to a lot of pressure at work, and a hurt back, I was not as diligent as I should have been. Back up to 242.0.

Hopefully it won't take long to get it back off and I can move back down to the next decade. :)

cleanslate
03-18-2014, 02:14 PM
Hi Everyone :)
When I weighed myself this morning I was 245 lbs, so I have found a place to belong for now.
I am quite new to this forum and happy to read all the posts, support, struggles, and victories.
I am so grateful that I came across 3 fat chicks on a diet a few days ago.

It feels good to identify with others that are traveling this challenging but rewarding journey!

CharityMarie
03-18-2014, 04:17 PM
So excited, 249 today!!

Mara
03-19-2014, 09:35 AM
Welcome Cleanslate!!!

And way to go Charity Marie!!!

I am still at 242.0.

kailpea
03-19-2014, 12:54 PM
248.4 today. I saw 246 earlier this week and I want to see it again!

MandyLamy
03-19-2014, 04:56 PM
Yay it seems the thread is picking up a little! Hey everyone :) I weighed in yesterday at 247!

CooCooCaChoo
03-19-2014, 05:34 PM
Can I join? I was 245.5 this morning. Excited to move along with you ladies!

CharityMarie
03-19-2014, 08:28 PM
I should really sit and look at my weigh ins but I have a sneaky feeling my 240's will take a while. My 250's sort of flew by, or at least seemed too. Guess we shall see. At 249 I'm barely tipping in this thread, official weigh in next Wednesday!

Mara
03-20-2014, 09:46 AM
Morning Everyone! Happy first day of Spring! :)

kailpea
03-20-2014, 09:54 AM
Horray for spring! I am hoping we have seen the last of the cold weather and snow in my area. I was hoping the warm weather would get me motivated to go out and exercise, again but it hasn't. I need to stop making excuses. Weighed in at 247.8 this morning, Moving in the right direction, but not quick enough in my opinion.

cleanslate
03-20-2014, 11:19 PM
Hi Everyone!
Thanks for the welcome Mara,
So far I am holding at 245, hopefully that will start going down again.
I am looking forward to being a loser until I am a winner at this healthy eating healthy weight lifestyle

Mara
03-21-2014, 09:00 AM
Yay Kailpea! Another loss today I hope. :)

Cleanslate I bet you get a loss today. I have had times where I hold steady for a few days and then drop two lbs.

I am still at 242.0 myself. Fingers crossed for this weekend. I walked over a mile yesterday. Now that the weather is nice I am working my way back up to 8 to 10 miles Sundays. lol

kailpea
03-21-2014, 09:21 AM
Wow Mara! 8-10 miles. Nice! I took a six mile walk a few weeks ago and wanted to die the next day. lol.

Weather is getting nicer here too. Today I'm having breakfast with two friends and I conned them into going for a short walk with me. =) I've been off my exercise plan so it will be nice to have some company to get the ball rolling again.

246.2 today Woot Woot! Kinda surprised about that though. . . I worked late until midnight last night and I was so boring that I started snaking on some chocolate covered pretzels and sour patch kids =/ Felt pretty guilty about it.

Mara
03-21-2014, 02:00 PM
Kailpea I usually pay for it the next day in the beginning too. :) It is a great day for hanging out with friends and walking. :)

CharityMarie
03-21-2014, 09:37 PM
I don't think it's going to stick but my scale flashed 247 today! Not changing my ticker for a couple days because I won't change it to a higher number - will recheck on Monday! Excited!

MandyLamy
03-21-2014, 11:39 PM
CharityMarie Thats awesome!!

I started Day 1 Level 3 of the 30 day shred today and it kicked my butt. lol. So far I've been very bad with staying off the scale for the whole week :P I saw 246 today but, I'm trying not to get too excited.

kailpea
03-22-2014, 08:31 AM
Mandy LEVEL 3? I think I would die! I did LEVEL 1 and few years ago, and I never went back. =P Haha

Everyone is doing so well! We're going to be outta here in no time! *fingers crossed*

245.8 today. Keep Moving Down Scale. Keep Moving down. I promised myself that this week I would get back into the habit of using my fit bit. I've been really bad about remembering to put it on in the morning but I was WAY more active when I was wearing it.

MandyLamy
03-22-2014, 07:54 PM
kailpea Yeah it's pretty brutal haha! But, I've seen so much change in my body and thats kept me motivated :)

CharityMarie
03-22-2014, 08:24 PM
It's sticking so I moved my ticker to 247. I just keep thinking.. By the tail end of summer I'll be 200-220 somewhere.. Lower than my high school graduation weight and I am seriously in awe of myself

kailpea
03-23-2014, 04:11 PM
Congrats Charity! That's awesome to be below your high school weight by the end of summer!

Got a good walk in yesterday, but today I'm just sitting on the couch watching basketball. My Kansas Jayhawks (went to school there) failed me but Wichita State (my hometown team) is looking pretty good against Kentucky but its a close game! Woo!

MandyLamy
03-23-2014, 08:06 PM
I saw 245 today! Although my weigh in isn't until Tuesday and I don't know if it will stick so I'm going to wait to change anything.

MissSMcC
03-24-2014, 05:55 AM
Hey everyone, hope all is well. I am currently skipping around between 249 and 245, really need to get my butt in gear as I can feel myself slipping back to bad habits, not logging straight away, picking between meals ect. I am sitting in waiting for a repair man this morning but as soon as they are gone I am goin for a walk, even if it's a short one it's still something! Can't wait to say goodbye 240's! Please excuse typos I am using my kindle lol

Mara
03-24-2014, 09:02 AM
That is some nice losses ladies! Keep it up. I up today. :( I am sore too from all the house, yard work, etc. Here is to some drops on the scale.

CharityMarie
03-24-2014, 01:21 PM
Alright so yesterday I ate really crappy. I had a chocolate bar, and some pizza hut cheesey bread sticks and ate a personal pan pizza and felt reeeeeaaaaally full and bloaty afterward, so, I am going to save myself the depression and avoid the scale for a few days. Right back to only good habits.. it's been 3 or so weeks since the last time I really felt like I *needed* to eat something I was craving, so I guess all in all I didnt do too badly. It's just one day, afterall. Worse things have happened =)

Here's to a fantastic on plan week!

kailpea
03-24-2014, 03:15 PM
Boo! Huge 3 lb weight spike today. 248.9 I'm not sure what it's from. Maybe Aunt Flo is on her way or maybe it was the asian good I had last night. Even though I went light and had the teriyaki salmon, I am sure there was still a ton of salt in it. Fingers crossed that the scale will look better tomorrow.

Mara
03-25-2014, 09:07 AM
I am still up, but down 1lb from yesterday. Chugging along. :)

MandyLamy
03-25-2014, 05:16 PM
Today was my weekly weigh in and I'm at 245.5 :D yay!

Mara
03-26-2014, 08:54 AM
Way to go Mandy!

I am still at 244.0. But I planned my meals for today and tomorrow and that is always helpful. :)

kailpea
03-26-2014, 09:47 AM
Still hanging out at 248. Uggh! It's so frustrating. I need to probably tweak my diet a little bit. I've been having muffins for breakfast every morning because I have gotten really into healthy baking/ using alternative flours. But none the less its still a ton of carbs in the morning which I am sure doesn't help my snacking for the rest of the day. I've also gotten out of the habit of counting calories. So I guess I need to start that back up.

Silverfire
03-26-2014, 09:49 AM
Ohhhh I'll be here soooooon I hope! 250.6 today! Cross your fingers and hope it sticks!

MandyLamy
03-26-2014, 09:50 PM
Woo Silverfire :cheer:

kailpea
03-27-2014, 07:49 AM
Yay! Silverfire! You're so close! 246.8 today. Going back down, but I am afraid I am going to have the same issue I had in the 250's. Up, and down, and up again. Had a terrible food day yesterday. Breakfast was okay but I skipped a real lunch and had a butterfinger icecream mix, and then I ate pizza for dinner. =( I don't know what came over me. I just couldn't help myself.

Mara
03-27-2014, 09:46 AM
Come on Silverfire!!!

Kailpea everyone has moments (or in my case lately lots ;) ) were we just spurlge a little too much, but there is always the next day to do better. And I have been making turkey bacon, a scrambled egg, and a piece of whole wheat toast the night before and reheating at work for breakfast. It helps. Although I take a chia pumpkin/banana muffin that I made every now and then to change it up from time to time. :)

I am back down to 242.0 this morning. :D Fingers crossed it is a downward trend.

kailpea
03-27-2014, 03:01 PM
So NSV : I've been needing to get a new pair of pant's for work because my size 20's are getting a little baggy. I went to several stores and couldn't find my size 18 Talls anywhere so I am going to have to order online. The sales lady did have me try on the 16s and they were still a little too tight, but I did get them on so that was a plus. Felt like I was making progress! But the real no scale victory was when I pulled off my pants last night without having to unzip or unbutton them. Woot! I guess that means I really am a size 18 again!

cleanslate
03-28-2014, 01:01 AM
Hi Everyone!
I was very excited this morning when I got on the scale and it read 239.8!

I will give it a day or two and if it stays there or goes down I will move over to the 230's thread.

A couple days ago I posted my introduction in what I thought was the introduction section....my post was very long. I looked and looked for it but I can't find it, so my apologies to anyone who may have responded to it.

I am curious do most of the members change their current weight on a daily, weekly, monthly basis? So far I have been changing mine every time I come on here to read or post something.....which isn't every day anyway.

Mara
03-28-2014, 09:23 AM
Yay Kailpea! Great NSV!

Way to go cleanslate!!!

I think my allergies might be turing into a chest cold. Started coughing a there is a little rattle in my chest. :( Hopefully it goes away soon.

Silverfire
03-28-2014, 10:52 AM
Hey hey hey! 250.0

http://media.tumblr.com/283ba4114f6472639aec79d5fe7e6d52/tumblr_inline_moc7sjmG3O1qz4rgp.gif

Everyone is doing so well!

kailpea don't beat yourself up! Everyone has those days, sometimes in a row. You just gotta get right back at it and not let yourself totally derail.

I was getting really pissed at the scale not moving for so long. I think once I increased my cals (since I am working out way more than before) the scale un-stuck. I hope that's the case anyway :) It's hard to stick with it when you're stuck!

I'm pretty pumped to be in this thread (tomorrow?!)

3lbs and I will have lost 50
14 lbs and I will be halfway!

A few people have said they can tell I have lost weight!

CharityMarie
03-28-2014, 10:53 PM
I've been terrible all week! Havent gained any but a week of ZERO loss.

So my crappy eating moments are ooooover and tomorrow it's back to the calorie count grind and back to the gym! I guess maybe I needed a moment to freak out so I could re-commit, and hey, I didnt gain anything so win-win!

Youre all doing so well. I'll have some progress to report soon! I do notice when I stop checking the site I start slacking on my accountability. Sheesh! Just goes to show me how important support is. 230's here we all come!

Silverfire
03-29-2014, 01:54 PM
248.8!

kailpea
03-29-2014, 04:01 PM
Yay Silverfire! WOOOOOO! Hoping that the 240's will be better to both of us!

Charity, my entire week has been crappy too. and I am the same way, I have to check this site or I fall off the wagon!

246.6 today. Not bad, Still want to be back at 245 though. I have a feeling TOM is going to come and I am going to skyrocket again though right as I get back down there.

I did W3D1 of C25K today and I was very pleased with my progress! I managed to get 10,000 steps in before lunch and I am hoping I can get up to 15,000 before the end of the day!

Mara
03-31-2014, 09:20 AM
Yay Silverfire!!!

Charity and Kailpea I bet the scale is movign down for you today!

I am at 242.6.

Silverfire
03-31-2014, 11:59 AM
Well I'm back up to 250.7 today after being below 250 for the weekend.

I'm still hanging out here anyway :)

Fitbit has caught on like wildfire here at work (we get free ones for signing up for a fitness coaching thingy) and I've started a work group. Some of them are taking it VERY seriously! I have some pretty stiff competition to keep my spot at the top of the work's leaderboard lol!

Training session today that I am really looking forward too!

SucreSucre
03-31-2014, 12:24 PM
250.8 today ladies - sooooooooooooooooooooo close, can't wait to move on to a new thread!

kailpea
04-01-2014, 07:28 AM
*sigh* slipped back into the 250's. =(

Mara
04-01-2014, 09:10 AM
Silverfire, kailpea, and Sucresucre your guys can knock those lbs to the side! The 240's are right there and the 230's is beckoning! We can do it!!!

Silverfire
04-01-2014, 03:38 PM
Up to 251.2 this morning! BAH!!

Screw the 250's!

Imma just pretend that scale still says 248 (until it says it again!)

KarinRose
04-01-2014, 09:54 PM
Subscribed to this thread, stayed on plan, exercised regularly... Just waiting for the stupid scale to get with the program!

I'm with Silverfire, screw the 250s! :-/

SucreSucre
04-01-2014, 10:50 PM
Agree...SCREW the 250's, back up to 252 this morning

Guess I'll mozy on over to the 250s/260s thread...ugh

CharityMarie
04-01-2014, 11:54 PM
AAAAAaaand TOM hit at the worst time right after my binge week. I'm not even stepping on that scale until its over. I wont be able to handle it telling me I'm in the 250's again because of dumb TOM =(

KarinRose
04-02-2014, 07:29 AM
My scale heard me... 250.9. Getting closer!

Mara
04-02-2014, 09:26 AM
LOL KarinRose. I need to try that with my scale so I can get back into the 230's.

Don't worry ladies. It is a momentary lapse in the scale's judgement. It will see the light soon and you gals will be on your way down! :)

kailpea
04-02-2014, 11:23 AM
Ahh! Well the scale went back down today 249.2. I want to to say 245 again though!

I've been pretty bad about my eating habits lately and I need to get them in check.

Mara
04-03-2014, 09:07 AM
Kailpea I have been struggling with my eating habits too. Been more maintaing then losing. Really need to reboot and get serious again. I really want the weather to cooperate so I can walk more often. I have started my routine again, so hopefully that will help. :)

Silverfire
04-03-2014, 09:14 AM
Ok 250.5. Getting there.

Man. What IS IT about the 250's that are such a struggle! Gettin real tired of it already!

240 wont be as bad as 250, I'm almost sure of it :)

SucreSucre
04-03-2014, 10:41 AM
249.8!!!!!!!!!! But that's because I'm sick and eating isn't on my list of top priorities...oh well, at this point, I'll take it cause the 250's are the WORST

kailpea
04-03-2014, 02:03 PM
The he 250's are the worst. Luckily TOM has passed for me and I am back down to 247. Still not the 245 I saw earlier this month though. Grr.

Mara The weather is finally getting nicer here, but despite higher temperatures, the wind has been vastly making walking outside kinda a chore.

KarinRose
04-04-2014, 07:10 AM
249.6!!!! Yay, I can finally post here without feeling like an interloper! :-)

We can do this!!!!

Mara
04-04-2014, 09:53 AM
kailpea the weather here right now is crazy. The drive in was awful with the wind and rain.

Yay KarinRose!!!

SucreSucre I hope you get to feeling better.

Silverfire you can do it. I have really struggles with the 240's.

CharityMarie
04-04-2014, 12:00 PM
I knew I should of waited until my weigh in day but I stepped on the scale anyway and it was 249.8

Soo... while its worse than my lowest I just have to try and get back there by my weigh day. I want to be SOLIDLY in the 240's and then pass them up as fast as I can. I really shouldnt of taken those 4 days and totally crashed my diet. Oh well, its out of my system now! Just have to be patient, keep up the diet and exercise and watch the numbers (hopefully) get lower. If I get into the 230's at all it'll be the weight decade I was when I graduated high school, so the lowest weight I've been in 8 years.

CharityMarie
04-06-2014, 01:20 PM
Back to 247 officially!! Never been so excited to see that number before, haha.

Hopefully by Wednesday's weigh in I might have another progress pound, that'd be so great! Hope all you ladies had a great on plan weekend!!

Also new avatar picture :D The last one was months old.

kailpea
04-06-2014, 05:25 PM
Charity I love the new picture! So pretty! Congrats on the loss!

I'm back down to 244.9. Wooooooot! Half way through the 240's! I felt super thin yesterday because I texted a photo of a new shirt I bought to a friend. . . and she didn't even comment not he shirt she just said, "OMG look at your waist! it looks like you've lost ay more than 25 lbs. You look so slender!" Coming from her it felt amazing. We're polar opposites when it comes to height and weight. I'm tall and heavy and she is shorter around 5'2 and weighs about 110 lbs and is super athletic looking. So yeah, felt pretty awesome that my super healthy BFF commented on my weightloss.

KarinRose
04-06-2014, 06:18 PM
CharityMarie Love the pic!
kailpea Congrats on the skinny waist compliment!!

This weekend was riddled with temptation, but I feel like I did a good job with moderation. I don't feel deprived or guilty of binging either. So I will take that as a NSV. I also managed to get two workouts in (one long and one short)!

KarinRose
04-08-2014, 11:01 AM
And I guess i survived the temptation, 247.8 this morning. :-)

Mara
04-08-2014, 01:41 PM
Hello! Looks like you guys are doing great! Keep it up. I am hoping for decent weigh in tomorrow. :)

CharityMarie
04-08-2014, 05:47 PM
246! Officially 50 pound loss now. Now to lose another 50...

KarinRose
04-09-2014, 07:36 AM
CharityMarie, You freaking rock!!! 50 pounds, that is amazing!!! :-)

I think you should treat yourself to a massage, a new purse, some new clothes or whatever will make you feel great to have made such an accomplishment and keep you motivated!

Mara
04-09-2014, 01:49 PM
Congrats CharityMarie!

I got 242.8 today. :)

kailpea
04-09-2014, 02:55 PM
Wow CharityMarie! 50 lbs is such an accomplishment! You rock!

I'm back up to 248 today. Put I'm not going to change my ticker quite yet. I know my weight fluctuations is due to some pretty crappy eating habits that I am ready to kick to the curb. Husband brought home donuts today which I ate, only to feel sick a few minutes later from all the sugar and yesterday I ate really healthy for breakfast and lunch, but didn't pack anything for dinner while I was at work. So when I finally got home around 9 pm I was starving and rather than making something healthy I had a grilled cheese sandwich with too much cheese and goldfish crackers. =/ Oh, and I'm addicted right now to coconut cream pie milkshakes, so that's not helping.

But,I did go out of my way to make some healthy trial mix for a pre-gym snack and packaged it all into 1/2 cup portions for an easy grab and go snack. And I've been getting these Sabra Hummus cups with Pretzel thins at work when I get hungry so instead I got some divided snack containers and put hummus and veggies in it to cut out some of those processed carbs. So hopefully the lbs will start coming off again.

KarinRose
04-09-2014, 05:40 PM
246.9 this morning....but STARVING! I haven't felt this hungry during this whole process! Not sure what is up. I did not even stay entirely on plan this past week, but whooshed.

I wish I could understand the mysteries of the human body in terms of weight loss.

Eating a protein heavy dinner to try and stop the hunger!

MissSMcC
04-10-2014, 08:17 AM
Well done CharityMarie! 50lbs lost is so amazing :)
I am currently at 245, hoping to move into 230's soon.

CharityMarie
04-10-2014, 08:31 AM
Each new decade is so exciting to get to, then you just get impatient for the next one! I love that some of us have moved own threads all somewhat the same time. Makes me hopeful for the next decade down that we all make it (and soon!)

If I lose 16 more pounds I'll be the weight I graduated high school at. Gotta stay motivated. :)

Mara
04-10-2014, 11:19 AM
Morning! I weighed in at 241.4! On my way back to the 230's. :)

Kailpea great job portioning out your snacks! I know I have to keep some on hand or I start thinking about the vending machine. LOL And I always want icecream. Which in moderation I think is fine. But I usually want a blizzard or shake.

KarinRose I have been really hungry too lately. Maybe it has something to do with the season/weather?

MissSMcC keep it up! The 230's are just around the corner. :)

CharityMarie I am all for stampeding the 230's. LOL

CharityMarie
04-11-2014, 08:37 AM
245! Back on track!!

Silverfire
04-11-2014, 11:22 AM
I might be back? 248.8 this morning! I REALLY want it to stick and to move down from here and NOT bounce back up again!

It's been a super busy couple of weeks, between job #2 and the gym, everything else seems to be falling by the wayside! I haven't cooked more than 3 times in the last two weeks, I've got no clean dishes and I only JUST managed to run a load of laundry so I had some clean underwear!

I only work Saturday this weekend so hopefully I'll be able to get my ducks in a row over the weekend and get back on track.

KarinRose
04-11-2014, 11:29 AM
So, the (kinda) funny thing is that I went from a day that I was starving to a day that I ate almost nothing and was diagnosed with the flu.

The odd thing is that I didn't recognize that I had the flu because I had had the flu shot this year and I didn't notice my energy level was down that much...it felt like "old normal."

How sad is that? Me now with the flu, felt like my old normal. Hadn't occurred to me until now how much energy I had gained back. Even more motivation to keep losing and working out.

And, CharityMarie, I totally agree! Love chasing everyone down through the threads! I get so much more motivation from all of you who are similar to me than I do from either myself or people with just a little to lose.

MandyLamy
04-13-2014, 08:15 PM
Hey everyone! So for the past 10 days I threw my diet and exercise out of the window because my mom came for a visit (she lives in georgia and I live in canada) Today I stepped on the scale because I'm starting up everything again and I was 250.0 :( It really sucks but I was expecting it to be up because we ate ALOT of take out and I didn't exercise lol. But, I'm back! I did my workout and I'm back on healthy eating.

Mara
04-14-2014, 01:39 PM
Hello everyone! How are you guys?

Silverfire I hope you were able to get everything caught up.

KarinRose I hope you are feeling better. The flu stinks. :(

MandyLamy way to recommit! It is stuff.

I went to visit my Dad for his 50th birthday this weekend, so while I was active, I also ate alot of bad food. Going to avoid the scale for a little while.

CharityMarie
04-14-2014, 01:49 PM
243!!

Silverfire
04-15-2014, 10:23 AM
249.3 today. I did get mostly caught up and sort of back on track last week, but I've been working quite a bit at job#2 and have been spending lots of time at the gym, I feel like everything else is slipping a little bit. My eating hasn't been very great the last few days. A few small binges, and a few more than a few things I shouldn't have had.... With the temperature starting to get back above zero I'll be able to Start BBQing again and plan on marinating and freezing all sorts of BBQ friendly things to just chuck on the grill come dinner time, hopefully that will get me out of my "I dont wannna cook anything" rut.

MissSMcC
04-15-2014, 11:38 AM
CharityMarie you and I are so close to moving threads! :)

CharityMarie
04-15-2014, 12:27 PM
Blah I just had a huge dinner and dessert last night for my birthday. Im expecting a water weight gain, I'll avoid the scale for a minute lol.

Close though! Excited!

Silverfire
04-16-2014, 09:14 AM
Happy Birthday Charity!!! I took me a couple days to come back down after my birthday booze/food fest! I had a blast so it was worth it ;)

248.2 today! Huzzah!

Streudel
04-16-2014, 11:43 AM
:wave:

I've not tried these " Getting Out of the __________ " weight based threads before, but I thought maybe I should give it go. It seems like it would be good for keeping focused on the job right at hand instead of the somewhat more daunting task of losing 100 lbs.

I'm at 246 today. I waited until I stopped bouncing between the high 240's and the low 250's. How does everyone else handle this? Do you go to the next weight thread ( up or down ) immediately or do you wait for your weight to stabilize before you call it?

Silverfire
04-16-2014, 01:38 PM
Welcome Streudel! It is much less daunting to take it a decade or two at a time! Plus having people battling the same numbers on the scale is nice!

Personally, I'v been stuck in the 250's for so long, the first time was really close (250.1) I hopped on over here to see what was happening! I poke my nose in both threads, I don't think anyone minds :)

Hopefully I can just bounce my way down to the 230's without going back to the 250's!

CharityMarie
04-16-2014, 07:51 PM
Well after 3 bad eating days because of my birthday I apparently gained 5 pounds lol from 243 to 248. Water weight mostly I hope! Takes forever to lose and seconds to gain! I'll look back at the scale on Friday. I was so close to the 230's!!

Mara
04-17-2014, 09:10 AM
Welcome Streudal!

Way to go Silverfire!

CharityMarie I am sure it is water weight and will be gone in a blink. :)

I am not doing well. I do great, plan out my meals, and then for some reason I derail. :( Keep hindering myself.

Streudel
04-17-2014, 03:44 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome, ladies! :D

246.5 today.

Last night, my daughter and I had our weekly homemade fast food night ( burger, fries, and soda ). I'm actually pretty happy to only see 0.5 lbs water weight; I usually gain more that that.

Silverfire, I know what you mean when you say bouncing through a decade. If you graphed it, my weight loss would look like a seismograph. But hey, as long as we get there in the end, it's all good, right? :)

Mara, sorry to hear you're struggling. Maybe you're bored with the plan and need to shake it up a little?

I read something in a book called Change Anything that I think applies. It said use a bad day to get good data. If you keep looking at why you go off track, you'll figure out what those critical moments are when a decision has to made and what needs changing for a better outcome.

Olivia7906
04-17-2014, 08:07 PM
Last night, my daughter and I had our weekly homemade fast food night ( burger, fries, and soda ). I'm actually pretty happy to only see 0.5 lbs water weight; I usually gain more that that.

I love that you do a homemade fast food night! I do the same with my daughters once a week. The water weight gain would be TONS more if it was done outside of my home lol. Good for you! ;)

KarinRose
04-18-2014, 01:21 AM
Hey guys... I just got back from my Spring Break trip and I'm a little afraid of the scale. I may...or may not... still be in this decade when I weigh-in tomorrow morning. However, I am feeling that this is a temporary blip.

I was able to take a physical and psychological break from work, stress, dieting, everything. My body really needed at least some of that break (knee injury, flu, etc) and my mind definitely needed the break. I feel like I can recommit to the diet and exercise now more easily and have prevented burnout (for now).

However, I am worried that I will not be able to handle future plans away in an on plan way. But I guess, I'll recommit to being on plan at home and figure out those hurdles when I get to them.

Thank you ladies, for being here and being pleasant and motivating.

Continuing to chase you down the threads,
KR

MissSMcC
04-18-2014, 06:13 AM
Happy Friday everyone!
241 today, so close to leaving the 240's for good. I love the home made fast food idea, I have been craving pizza lately so may try that with the brat, won't be too unhealthy either coz I can load mine with veggies. Yum!

CharityMarie
04-18-2014, 10:59 AM
Happy to report 242! I'm really pumped to soon be moving down a thread, the 240's have been a true roller coaster for me.

Glad to see everyones doing so well and I really love that homemade fast food night. I wish I had thought of that!

I think when I hit the 230's instead of just the gym I'll finally sign up for some zumba classes, I've been telling myself that every decade I'm just so embarrassed of being so jiggly in there! But, darnit, 230's and I really will sign up!

Peachee
04-18-2014, 11:43 AM
You guys are so inspirational! I'm looking forward to kicking the 240's in the butt and leaving it in my rearview mirror!!!

Mara
04-18-2014, 01:56 PM
You are right Struedel. :) I am trying to think outside the box on meals. It is dinner that usually throws a wrench in my day. I have a long commute and there are times that it takes forever and I cave and eat out. Which can be done healthier than I do.

MamaChelsey
04-18-2014, 02:01 PM
kinda new here! but 243.. was 252 so i've almost lost 10 lbs! helps that ive been going for walks with my son, and theres this one hill... it's quite a doozy!

Streudel
04-18-2014, 04:10 PM
246 today. :)

Boy, I feel ya on the long commute, Mara. Mine's 45 min each way. Put that on top of a ten hour work day, or for some of you the exhaustion from chasing around little ones all day, and sometimes you just don't feel like doing much for dinner besides eat it. For me, I think it's just as much about saying " You know what? Someone else can get this. I've earned a break! " as it is about being hungry.

There's nothing wrong with saying "I'm going to hit the easy button tonight". I try to keep a few quickies around like frozen pizza or burger( or soy ) patties and Ore-Ida's, but I also pull the " Subway card " every couple of weeks.

For those moments when it isn't about the time saved but the taste, I pull out my secret weapon: homemade Big Mac sauce. No, it isn't low cal, but then I don't put it on with a caulk gun ( those of you who've worked at Mickey D's will know what I'm talking about LOL! ). McDonald's puts on about a 1/4 cup between 3 buns whereas I use about a tablespoon.

BTW, there are a ton of great copycat recipes out there that you can tweak to be lower cal, or at the very least you can give yourself a smaller portion.

Hello there, Mama Chelsy! Great job on your 10 lb loss! :D
Hi there Peachee! I have no doubt you will lay waste to the 240''s and never look back! :D

BethC
04-18-2014, 06:12 PM
I'm back after being sick...the thread is moving a lot faster!!! Not sure I'm still in the 240s, but I'll find out tomorrow.

CharityMarie
04-19-2014, 04:22 PM
Holding at 242 - so thats a positive that it wasnt a weight loss fluke!

Streudel
04-19-2014, 08:14 PM
247 today. Last night's dinner was pretty salty.

LGW
04-19-2014, 09:34 PM
I hope to join this thread shortly!!!!

Streudel
04-20-2014, 12:16 PM
Hello there LGW! :wave:.

Looks like Charity Marie is on her way out soon! Good job. :D

Hello Beth C, nice to meet you. Glad to hear you're feeling better. :D

246.5 today.

CharityMarie
04-20-2014, 01:18 PM
Did my Easter thing yesterday. Very surprised the scale didnt move upward this morning. Surprised and happy though! Still holding these 2 darn pounds then its thread movin time!!!

CharityMarie
04-21-2014, 01:50 PM
241 today. I doubt it'll happen by my "official" weigh in day but it'd be great to move threads on Wednesday! I'm trucking along on my goal of 225 by June 15th! I think I might actually be able to do it!

Silverfire
04-21-2014, 03:32 PM
F-balls! Back up to 250.5 today. I crept back up over the weekend. Didn't even go too crazy at Easter dinner! Did have quite a few beers on Thursday night though. Hopefully it's just water and I'll be cruising back down the 240's in no time!

I hope everyone had a lovely Easter weekend!

Also happy 420 to anyone who celebrates this one ;)

MissSMcC
04-21-2014, 04:17 PM
Great loss CharityMarie, hopefully we move threads together! SilverFire, those lbs will shift you got this :)

Streudel
04-21-2014, 06:38 PM
246.5 today.

Good going CharityMarie!

Silverfire, I think the beers were probably worth it. LOL! I know I would LOVE one right now! Like you said, it's just water weight. Beer puts 4 or 5 on me. Hang in there!

MissSMcC
04-22-2014, 01:45 AM
240 today, so close!

Streudel
04-22-2014, 05:23 AM
246 today.

Silverfire
04-22-2014, 10:02 AM
Thanks guys :)

Back down to 249.1! Phew!

KarinRose
04-22-2014, 08:33 PM
I'm still having a little trouble getting into the swing of things. Started back at the gym today. Am hanging out around 247.

The problem is... I like tasty food. I'm a little burnt out on my options. Anyone have any quick, flavorful ideas?

Silverfire
04-23-2014, 10:04 AM
Eeeep! 249.9 this morning. Beer and super duper cheesy lasagna for dinner for my aunt's 70th b-day last night. It was worth it :) I did get lots of compliments from my family and that was nice.

Karin - What are your go to meals?

Mara
04-23-2014, 11:50 AM
Hello guys!

Silverfire lasagna sounds amazing! Yum

Streudel I just need to change my way of thinking when I eat out. Yes, I deserve to treat myself, but just not all the time. LOL Need to practice self control, especially since I do like salads, grilled chicken, etc.

Karin have you tried skinnytaste.com or theyummylife.com?

CharityMarie
04-23-2014, 11:56 AM
Ladies on my official weigh in day the scale graced me with 240 even! So close to moving threads, which doesnt really mean anything in the "real world" but its sort of a great feeling accomplishment to move down in the decade threads here!! I'll try and refrain from the scale for a few days so that if it goes up for any fluctuating reason I dont get bummed, and then maybe in 3-4 days it'll really say 239 !!

SugarRomeoTango4852
04-23-2014, 12:53 PM
So I have been sitting around the 249.8 and 249.9 for a little while and I figured I would jump in. I've no idea if I will drop any time soon so I may as well make myself known!

Streudel
04-23-2014, 08:26 PM
Hi all!

Welcome, SugarRomeoTango4852 :wave:

CharityMarie wrote:Ladies on my official weigh in day the scale graced me with 240 even!

:cp:

246 today.

KarinRose
04-23-2014, 10:30 PM
Karin have you tried skinnytaste.com or theyummylife.com?

Where have I been?!? So excited to try out some of these recipes.

Silver fire, I do a lot of stir fries (love spicy sesame oil from Korean market for spice). I also tend to use a lot of sriacha (sp?) sauce and salsa on my lean meats and veggies.

Silverfire
04-24-2014, 09:55 AM
249.9 by the skin of my teeth! Phew! And that was after a big meal out! I skipped dessert this time even.

I was going to suggest skinnytaste.com too, I don't know if I've been to the other one, I'll have to check it out too :)

Karin - What if you tried making your own spice blends, salsa's and marinades? You'll have the simplicity of making your usual eats but with a broader range of flavors! Just jazz up what you already like

Mara
04-24-2014, 12:02 PM
Waving bye to you Charity as you switch decades, but not for long. :) We will hopefully be joining you soon.

Karin, I have tried the cilantro lime rice, turkey nachos, and zucchini enchila boats from skinnytaste and loved them. I love the overnight oatmeal smoothies from theyummylife.

Silverfire great job on skipping dessert. I have a hard time with that sometimes. LOL

I did not weight this morning as I got up late. Fingers crossed for tomorrow.

kailpea
04-24-2014, 02:08 PM
Ahhh! I have been so off plan these last two weeks. I weight in yesterday at 249.5 so I have definitely done some damage. But I am ready to get back on track. I have just been so swamped that thinking about eating well and exercise has been on the peripheral and I have had a lot of stressors that have made me reach toward food. . . not an excuse I know.

Was super upset because about 2 weeks ago I dropped my fitbit into a toilet and alas it could not be saved! But, my hubby has expressed interest in getting one and my sister happens to work at an electronics store that sells them. So I am going to see what kind of a discount she could get and have her buy me two Flexes, one for me and one for my hubby if the discount is good enough!

I also convinced a good friend to join the gym I go to! Yay for work out buddies.

CharityMarie
04-24-2014, 02:12 PM
Ok, so I SAIIID I wasnt going to weigh for a few days so I could be pleased at seeing 239 on the scale and you know what? I stepped on that darn thing today. Not bad news, still 240.2 but I guess if I'm having willpower with food that losing it a little with obsessive scale stepping isnt the WORST thing I could be doing. Alright, for reals this time, I'm not getting on the scale until Saturday!

MandyLamy
04-24-2014, 05:42 PM
248! Slowly but surely getting back on track. I think restarting after a break it harder than starting the first time :(

Streudel
04-24-2014, 07:11 PM
245 today.

KarinRose
04-24-2014, 11:03 PM
MandyLamy! We've missed you! So glad to see you back!

Charity, here's hoping we see you soon!

I was at 247 after spring break, then I started exercising again and I bounced up to 249.6. Argh. What a reward for getting back on plan with diet and exercise! :-/

I have been good with food, though it was hard the first couple days (I agree that is harder to restart than to just start).

So excited about doing some shopping and trying out new recipes, particularly the refrigerator oatmeal smoothie things. That looks so easy in the morning and tasty too!

Nagazim
04-25-2014, 12:35 PM
Well I've landed here now. After gaining a crazy amount over the past two weeks I still need to get back outta this thread just to be where I started with this pregnancy.

Why does bad food taste so yummy?!

248.8 today.

Streudel
04-25-2014, 06:57 PM

D'oh!

SucreSucre
04-26-2014, 07:55 AM
Soooooooo....April was a terrible month for me! After being sick and then just generally falling OP, I was seeing numbers like 256 again and I got really discouraged. BUT this past week and some change, I said enough was enough!! I've been seeing 249 and I'm officially moving over here.

I'm ready to be OUT of these 240s and around 239 for June! Good luck and way to go for everyone moving down to the next thread.

KarinRose
04-26-2014, 08:42 AM
Holding pattern at 249.x. :-(. Hoping a whoosh will come along and get me back to where I was before break. In the meantime...off to exercise and meal plan...

Streudel
04-26-2014, 03:53 PM
246. Hope everyone's having a good weekend! :D

Avezy44
04-28-2014, 12:44 AM
I can finally join this thread! Had a major whoosh today after a 2 week plateau :)

Mara
04-28-2014, 09:06 AM
Welcome Avezy!

Hi Nagazim! You will be outta here soon. When is your due date? You were flying through these threads before your pregancy so I expect once you have your bundle you will be flying through again. :)

Well looks like we might all be struggling, but I feel that it is about to change. We are strong and we have all come so far. That is my Monday morning battle cry. ;)

Streudel
04-28-2014, 06:31 PM
245. Onward and downward, I hope.

KarinRose
04-28-2014, 09:13 PM
Mara, I want to thank you for telling me about skinnytaste.com! I love it! I had the philly cheese steak baked potato tonight and have Santa Fe chicken in the crockpot! Thanks! :-)

KarinRose
04-30-2014, 07:21 AM
246.3. Finally headed in correct direction after TTOM. A little depressing that it took me all of April to get back to where I was at the beginning of April but --it happens...

SugarRomeoTango4852
04-30-2014, 09:19 AM
WOO! I have to say, I have not gained or lost or gone anywhere with my weight lately.

I am still counting it as a small victory - so long as the scale isn't going up!

But I still need to figure out how to make it go in the right direction so I am waiting for my "Super Shred" book. Has anyone tried that?

Silverfire
04-30-2014, 09:40 AM
Ending the month off on a high note! 246.7! After a BRUTAL workout yesterday, followed by equally brutal hot yoga and a smoothie for dinner I'm sure is what made this loss happen. Doesn't matter, I'm thrilled and have even changed my ticker ;)

I'm so bloody exhausted today though. I'm going to have a **** of a time at job#2 tonight :(

I'm really looking forward to May! It's going to be good month, I just know it!

Nagazim
04-30-2014, 01:07 PM
Hi Nagazim! You will be outta here soon. When is your due date? You were flying through these threads before your pregancy so I expect once you have your bundle you will be flying through again. :)

Hey :wave:
Due date is July 8th, csection (eviction) date is July 1st. I'm ready to be on the ball again. I've been way too lazy this pregnancy.

Mara
04-30-2014, 02:00 PM
KarinRose you are very welcome.:) I just discovered another site. http://www.snack-girl.com/. Looks promising.

Sugarromeo maintaining is better than gaining. :) Way to go!

Silverfire Woot Woot! May better watch out.

Nagazim I have not doubt after the baby you will be getting butt and taking names. That scale will be hiding.

I am at 243.6 today.

Streudel
04-30-2014, 07:01 PM
Finally got the whoosh...243.5 today.

Mara
05-01-2014, 09:46 AM
Wooh Hoo Streudel!

I am at 242.8 today.

Silverfire
05-01-2014, 10:13 AM
Woo!!! Still at 246.7 :) I was expecting some water retention after the long @ss day I had yesterday!

Streudel
05-01-2014, 07:23 PM
Wooh Hoo Streudel!

I am at 242.8 today.

Awesome Mara! We're almost there! :D

242.5 today.

Hope everybody is having a great week!:carrot:

KarinRose
05-02-2014, 06:57 AM
Way to go, everybody!

I'm at 244.5 this morning and super happy to be going in the right direction! :-)

Mara
05-02-2014, 08:44 AM
Way to go everyone! Ending the week on a strong note. :)

Streudel I can't wait to go to the other thread. :D