100 lb. Club - new again

View Full Version : new again

redjb7
01-06-2014, 12:25 PM
Hi, I am "new" - haven't been here for a while, but am back. Gained 40 pounds in the last six months. Husband was sick, I ate because I was worried, and now he is better and I am fatter.
It is always hard to start again. Hard to get through that first day. Because of the weight gain, I have exacerbated physical issues, like back pain, neck pain, and now a new thing - twisted knee. I exercise every day, but that doesn't seem to keep the weight off.
So here is hoping I can make this work this year. I have never had high blood pressure, but now I am on the edge, and I am also starting to have a little higher on my cholesterol. It is amazing what gaining weight can do!
I am hoping to spend more time on these boards getting and giving support!

Goddess Jessica
01-06-2014, 01:21 PM
Welcome Back!

Mozzy
01-06-2014, 01:42 PM
Welcome back and good luck on your journey!!

tefrey
01-06-2014, 02:49 PM
Hugs! I know exactly how you feel, you sound just like me on day one, six months ago.

And here I am, 50 pounds lighter and my joints are so much better. In fact, I was at the doctors today to get new bloodwork and see how much better things are.

So you can do this!

And as for emotional eating, I understand that too. Come up with some non food ways to soothe yourself during the hard times. There are lots of ideas here.

And again, good luck! I believe in you!!!!

redjb7
01-06-2014, 03:44 PM
Thanks for the support!
Tefrey, it is good to hear that people come out of bad times and succeed. Sometimes it seems impossible. It is even more difficult when you are an emotional eater! When I am in discomfort I eat too!! It is my medicine for just about anything.
I look forward to learning some new ways to cope!