South Beach Diet - SBD What's for Dinner?

View Full Version : SBD What's for Dinner?

CyndiM
01-03-2014, 09:02 AM
I can't remember what we used to call this thread but this should work :)

So Beachers, what are you having for dinner tonight?

Last night I made a really yummy stew with baby lima beans. I sauteed turkey bacon with onions and garlic, added sage, thyme, powdered fennel,and a little chipotle pepper (not enough for heat just enough to tweak the flavor). Then broth, a few diced carrots, coleslaw mix, some dehydrated zucchini, and cooked on low for 2-3 hours. The house smelled great and we really liked it. The carrots make this a phase 2 soup but any vegetable would be good. I just needed to use them so they went in.

Tonight I'm making Kalyn's Almond Parmesan Tilapia (http://www.kalynskitchen.com/2005/09/almond-and-parmesan-baked-tilapia.html) (phase 1) with buffalo roasted cauliflower (http://www.closetcooking.com/2013/01/buffalo-roasted-cauliflower.html).

jekel383
01-03-2014, 09:43 AM
Tonight we are having Mexican stuffed peppers. I am using lean ground beef (97%) I add salsa, black beans, the tops from the peppers chopped up and a little taco seasoning. I top the peppers with LF three blend cheese. DS loves them :)

jenne1017
01-03-2014, 04:54 PM
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/entrees-phase-1/194446-colls-modified-crack-slaw.html

Beth19
01-03-2014, 07:41 PM
Mock Cornbread with Spicy Beef

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/entrees-phase-1/179853-mock-cornbread-spicy-beef-casserole.html

eta: At this time of year I have a hard time finding fresh zucchini so I substitute celery.

pearlygirly
01-03-2014, 11:16 PM
My roomie & I take turns with cooking and she is basically on South Beach too but more Phase 2. Tonite was her turn on kitchen duty. She made a stir fry Mediterrean style...kale, onion, garlic, a sliced red potato & TJs chicken pesto sausage all sauteed in olive oil.

Sue

jekel383
01-04-2014, 08:34 AM
Beth, what kind of beans are they? I do not believe my stores carry Great Northern. I am thinking a white bean? Sounds really good will add to my repertoire :)

Tonight's dinner ham, asparagus and broccoli with cheese.

Ruthxxx
01-04-2014, 09:16 AM
Yes, Jeckel, it's the same as a white bean but smaller than a white kidney bean. They are sometimes called pea beans. I've never seen them in cans around here. I usually buy them dry, soak overnight and then cook. I'm sure white kidney beans would work as a substitute in that recipe.

Beth19
01-04-2014, 09:34 AM
Jennifer, to echo Ruth, Great Northern are the white bean that is in between Cannellini and navy beans in size. I think you could use any white bean you can find. I find them in cans at Walmart or the local grocery stores here.

ETA: Tonight will be turkey burgers and this soup:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/soups-stews-phase-1/51890-broccoli-cheese-soup-daily-dish.html

I have been looking at this recipe for the last few days and can't wait to try it.

jekel383
01-05-2014, 09:21 AM
Thanks for the info :) I think DS will enjoy it too. Tonight is shrimp scampi (olive oil, garlic, scallions, chicken broth, S&P, red pepper flakes) over spaghetti squash

CyndiM
01-05-2014, 12:37 PM
Oven roasted chicken, crockpot braised cabbage, maybe some kale, and a few roasted beets for color

ETA - oops, Phase 2 with the beets

Sum38
01-05-2014, 12:49 PM
Trying South Beach once again...

Tonight we shall enjoy :drool:
- Ginger Chicken
- Surprised mashed cauliflower "potatoes"
- Sauteed peppers and onions

yankeeinsouth
01-05-2014, 06:02 PM
Ok, finished for the week. This year I am really going to try to do better with vegetables but I need some helps with sides.

My dinners are
Chili
Oven baked chicken with bacon and cheese
Lemon garlic shrimp
Hopping John soup
Creamy taco bake

I'm thinking of asparagus with the chicken, green beans with the shrimp and that the others don't need sides. Any better suggestions?

I love reading what others are having! This will be the first time for hopping john soup.

CyndiM
01-05-2014, 06:19 PM
What phase are you in? I always roast veggies with baked/roasted chicken, usually carrots, turnips, beets, onions, sweet potatoes. For Phase 1 I might roast brussels sprouts, cabbage (I have some in now), green beans. The asparagus sounds nice with the shrimp. Chili and taco bake lend themselves to all kind of veggie add-ins - peppers, onions, zucchini, and thin eggplant. I never ate eggplant before SBD, then I realized if I slice it really thin I can hide an entire eggplant in a stew or casserole.

Ok, finished for the week. This year I am really going to try to do better with vegetables but I need some helps with sides.

My dinners are
Chili
Oven baked chicken with bacon and cheese
Lemon garlic shrimp
Hopping John soup
Creamy taco bake

I'm thinking of asparagus with the chicken, green beans with the shrimp and that the others don't need sides. Any better suggestions?

I love reading what others are having! This will be the first time for hopping john soup.

TwynnB
01-05-2014, 06:48 PM
Hey yankee!! XOXO!!

Dinner for us tonight: pork tenderloin, greens and beans, cauliflower au gratin, deviled eggs.

TwynnB
01-05-2014, 07:34 PM
Yankee - for me, I'd do:
Chili - no sides. But I put peppers, celery, onions and beans in mine. The kids (and DH) get Fritos scoops with theirs. When i'm good I ignore the fritos :)
Hoppin john- should have enough veggies? I had mine over collards (mine wasn't really "soup"), they had theirs over rice. My kids really enjoy it.

You can see what I had tonight above. The kids had leftover corn and apple slices while I ate those veggies listed (and they had a hard boiled egg too). I often just keep canned veggies on hand for them to go with their meal. Many of my main dishes (esp. crock pot and soups) don't need additional veggies. Where you live, I'd have salad a lot as sides, if they don't like salads, I'd just give them sliced veggie plates.

We'll have to chat again soon!!

jekel383
01-06-2014, 07:33 AM
Monday night's dinner will be mocked backed ziti. I use ground turkey breast, LF ricotta cheese, NSA marinara sauce. I put that on top of spaghetti squash. Top the entire concoction with more sauce and shredded LF mozzarella cheese

Beth19
01-06-2014, 07:49 AM
I guess Jennifer and I are on an Italian theme today. I am planning on making meatballs.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/entrees-phase-1/46697-meatball-casserole.html

Trying to do Phase 1 this week so I will skip the spaghetti squash but might have them over baked beans. (sounds gross, I know, but it works)

cottagebythesea
01-06-2014, 08:11 AM
I have a gallon container of vegetable soup thawing in the fridge from my freezer stash for tonight's supper, and probably lunch tomorrow.

Beth, I bet those meatballs would be good over "riced" cauliflower. ;)

CyndiM
01-06-2014, 08:18 AM
I'm putting meatless chili into the crockpot. I load it with small pieces of dried veggies like squash and eggplant. They aren't noticeable but add lots of good nutrients, fiber and just make it thicker.

M0vingon
01-06-2014, 11:53 AM
Tonight is cubed pork tenderloin marinated in greek seasoning paired with greek salad and raw veggies- or asparagus if we still have some.

Tomorrow will be Phase 1 friendly italian turkey meatloves (in mini loaf pans), mashed cauliflower & salad.

pearlygirly
01-06-2014, 12:47 PM
We have LO Taco Bake :T:T that's tonites dinner.

But what I am wondering is has anyone made the West African Chicken & Peanut Stew from Kalyn's Kitchen?

Sounds really good but this is pretty exotic for me.

Also considering the Red Lentil & Chickpea Stew.

I was thinking one of those could be Wed nite dinner (we usually host a discussion group on Wed that doesn't include dinner) so speedy crockpot adaptable meals are perfect for Wed.

Thanks

KO
01-06-2014, 05:02 PM
I just planned out my meals for the week
Garlic shrimp with Spag squash for me and pasta for da hubs
Chicken and spinach casserole subbing 2% greek yogurt for Sour cream and reducing mayo b/c all I have is full fat
Salsa chicken bake with tortillas or rice for dh and mom and nada for me (maybe salad)

Ruthxxx
01-06-2014, 05:33 PM
Stir fried shrimp with assorted veggies over some ww noodles.

CyndiM
01-06-2014, 07:59 PM
vegetarian chili with coconut flour biscuits. Personally I would consider coconut flour Phase 1 safe, 9 carb, 6 fiber in 2 T and 2 T is usually at least 2 servings (it's a very interesting four to bake with, very absorbent). There is about 2t in one biscuit. Since I'm not doing real Phase 1 (I had winter squash earlier) it's not an issue for me but just a heads up if anyone is thinking about trying it.

jekel383
01-07-2014, 08:18 AM
Tonight is Mexican stuffed peppers and salad.

Pearlygirly I LOVE the red lentil and chick peso up. Made a double batch this week. My SO and I "share" food. We double soups, chills etc and exchange with each other. Keeps the grocery bill in check and nice variety too. I keep hinting though he needs to make white bean and escarole soup SOON lol

TwynnB
01-07-2014, 08:28 AM
oh Jekel, I love escarole in soups! (men don't take hints well, just tell him!! :rofl: )

I'm having the good ole standby of mexican creamy crockpot casserole.

SunshineMia
01-07-2014, 09:53 PM
Tonight I had Slow-Cooker Cannellini Bean Stew from Kalyn's Kitchen. I made it last night and reheated it....so yummy on a cold night!

:hun:

yankeeinsouth
01-08-2014, 12:04 AM
Had the chicken with bacon and cheese tonight and it was just ok. It was a recipe for Alice's spring chicken(Outbacks) but I tried to modify for phase 1. Without the honey mustard it just wasn't that great.

My beautifully planned menu for the week had one tiny flaw..... Tomorrow is the youngest's 3rd birthday. I'll have to rework the menu to make tomorrow more kid friendly.

Cyndi, why dried zucchini and eggplant? Is that just what you had on had or does it do better? I have never heard of dried zucchini.

jekel383
01-08-2014, 08:23 AM
Tammy you are right! I am going to put my foot down and tell him to make it lol. I am happy he finally parted with the Christmas cookies!!!!

Tonight it's Wendy's chili from the recipe section. One of my favorites!!!

CyndiM
01-08-2014, 08:58 AM
I found a recipe for Brazilian-Style Seafood Stew that uses salmon so that's on tonight's menu. I'm going to serve it over mashed cauliflower instead of rice. I have greens to cook so those will be on the side.

Beth19
01-08-2014, 06:05 PM
Enchiladas with leftover turkey from last week. (don't worry it's been in the freezer!:D) I will make a pan of the meat with cheese and sauce and a 2nd pan with tortillas for DH and DS1 since I'm doing Phase I for a few more days. Will serve with sour cream, guac, refried beans, salsa, etc.

Sum38
01-08-2014, 06:13 PM
Light dinner; 2 1/2 California wraps

pearlygirly
01-09-2014, 02:54 PM
Hi

Made West African Chicken & Peanut Stew w Chiles, Ginger & Green Onions from Kalyn's Kitchen yesterday.

Wow is this good stuff:T:T

Although, I made it with canned jalapenos & should've made it with fresh I think to me the spice level was kinda of on the mild meter. I think fresh jalapenos would've helped but then I am Mexican food lover & add lots of chili powder & salsa to food too.

Also this recipe says it serves 6...no way. We got about 4 servings and my roomie and I were sad :( there weren't more leftovers.

Sue

Cabrnrn
01-11-2014, 12:41 AM
Hi!

Baked mahi mahi, artichoke dip (artichoke, spinach, low fat crm cheese, light mayo) with celery sticks, salad

SB lemon cheesecake for dessert!

cottagebythesea
01-11-2014, 08:34 AM
Last night I tweaked a recipe to make it SBD friendly for Bang Bang Cauliflower that was absolutely delicious, and I served it over quinoa. There's enough leftovers for tonight! :drool:

CyndiM
01-11-2014, 08:39 AM
Cottage - I am a cauliflower fiend. Share your recipe?

Last night we had leftovers. Tonight is Mexican Baked Eggs (http://www.kalynskitchen.com/2009/10/recipe-for-mexican-baked-eggs-with.html) with butternut home fries on the side and crustless apple pie for dessert

TwynnB
01-11-2014, 09:14 AM
Ohhhh, these look yummy! I love how people are finding new recipes. I'm interested in your cauliflower recipe as well, Cottage!

Sum38
01-11-2014, 10:57 AM
Salmon filet, sauteed peppers and onions.

cottagebythesea
01-11-2014, 12:55 PM
Cottage - I am a cauliflower fiend. Share your recipe?

I'll be happy to share, Cyndi! I'll post it, along with my tweaks, in the Phase II Entrees.

TwynnB
01-11-2014, 08:01 PM
Ahhhh, you reminded me of: http://www.kalynskitchen.com/2012/10/layered-mexican-casserole-chicken-green-chile.html

It was delish!

CyndiM
01-11-2014, 08:24 PM
Made that one last week Tammy. We loved it too :)

jenne1017
01-11-2014, 09:15 PM
homemade chicken tenders and sweet potato fries

CyndiM
01-13-2014, 08:18 PM
meatless split pea soup (http://blogs.prevention.com/meatless-monday/2014/01/06/split-pea-soup-provencal/), roasted delicata rings, ww garlic bread for Tim

TwynnB
01-13-2014, 09:05 PM
Deep dish spaghetti squash pie! DH is gone, so I don't even have to share :D.

Beth19
01-13-2014, 09:15 PM
Baked split chicken breasts(some with Montreal seasoning, some with basil/oregano/salt/pepper/garlic), leftover broccoli, beans a few green peas

RiverGirl
01-13-2014, 11:34 PM
Cyndi those mexican baked eggs look fantastic.
Last nights dinner was a layered mexican casserole from Kayln's Kitchen (http://www.kalynskitchen.com/2012/10/layered-mexican-casserole-chicken-green-chile.html) ...yum!

CyndiM
02-10-2014, 08:16 AM
Saturday night was fish tacos in Romaine leaves. They were so good with grated cheese, sauteed broccoli slaw (in the same pan as the fish, so same seasoning), and guac and salsa. Tom pronounced them better that way than in shells. I made a pumpkin black bean soup for the side.

Last night we had chicken and mushrooms with a really yummy side of pureed carrots and parsnips. Next time I'm going to try it with cauliflower too.

tonight I'm making the cauliflower crust calzone (http://www.theironyou.com/2013/07/cauliflower-crust-calzone.html) recipe. I've had my eye on it since I first saw it. Hope it's good!

cottagebythesea
02-10-2014, 08:30 AM
Cyndi, I've been eager to try the cauliflower crust calzone recipe, too, but I'm going to wait until the price of cauliflower comes down. It's at an all-time high around here.

Since I'm going to be getting home late tonight, I'm grabbing a piece of Kale and Goat Cheese Mock Lasagna from my freezer stash for supper.

TwynnB
02-10-2014, 09:28 AM
I made jambalaya last night.....MMMMMMMmmmmm! I've never had it before, but it was delish. It called for andouille sausage, which I did use...but less of it, and I cook it the drained (squeezed) as much fat out as I could. Really, that was the only fat in there. Served it over rice, even DD enjoyed it.

RiverGirl
02-17-2014, 02:50 PM
Tonights dinner is stir fry - Yummo!
W/ chicken, zuchini, yellow & red peppers, sprouts, snowpeas and bean thread noodles topped with a dash of soy sauce and probably a drizzle of franks hot sauce. I may or may not sprinkle a few crushed peanuts over the top.

jenne1017
02-17-2014, 04:24 PM
tilapia with avocado relish, broccoli with lemon, parm and garlic and a side salad

CyndiM
02-17-2014, 06:16 PM
Vegetarian chili with the savory version of this http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2012/10/11/eggy-breakfast-bread/

Beth19
02-17-2014, 07:00 PM
Leftover Mock Cornbread with Spicy Beef. Probably green beans or cole slaw on the side.

TwynnB
02-18-2014, 08:35 AM
I made this as a side dish yesterday: http://www.kalynskitchen.com/2010/04/recipe-for-pureed-cauliflower-and.html

Pretty good and filling. I'm not sure you'd have to have the parmesan either, if you didn't want it.

I need to have more versatile sides!

WaistingTime
02-18-2014, 09:16 AM
Also considering the Red Lentil & Chickpea Stew.

We tried Kalyn's Red Lentil, Chickpea and Tomato Soup with Smoked Paprika (http://www.kalynskitchen.com/2011/03/crockpot-recipe-for-red-lentil-chickpea.html) last night for the first time and like it. Next time I think I'll blend the whole thing, not just half; I liked that texture better.

I haven't checked this thread in a long time and there are lots of great ideas here! I have many recipes to check out now. Thanks, chicks.

RiverGirl
02-18-2014, 07:57 PM
Tonight was baked falafel & greek salad.

CyndiM
02-19-2014, 09:16 PM
Halibut, side dish with quinoa, broccoli, & mushrooms

TwynnB
02-19-2014, 10:56 PM
Stir fry - carrots, celery, onion, mushrooms, cabbage, chicken breast.

TwynnB
02-21-2014, 10:42 PM
This was pretty good, Cyndi.... http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Fish-Fillets-Italiano/Detail.aspx?soid=carousel_0_rotd&prop24=rotd

watch the reviews, I did what they said...no olives, sub chicken broth for wine (kids don't like that...I do!), add italian seasonings, salt and pepper). I would've added mushrooms (hubby made it). Served over rice. I had some leftover pureed cauliflower/cabbage that was a good side dish.

CyndiM
02-22-2014, 08:35 AM
Last night we had cauliflower crust pizzas - one pesto and cheese and one with sauce, the co-op's own chicken sausage (so low fat I have to add oil to cook it), mushrooms, and more cheese. Then I made peanut butter pie (http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2012/09/09/no-bake-peanut-butter-pie/) for dessert with a thin chocolate layer over the top. I actually didn't notice the additional sweetener in the recipe until after the pie was done. We didn't miss it at all.

I'm working on the menu for the week. Definitely trying that cauliflower cabbage dish.

CyndiM
02-23-2014, 06:59 PM
Crockpot Creamy Mexican Casserole (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/crockpot-slow-cooker-phase-2/204693-crock-pot-creamy-mexican-casserole.html) and roasted turnips

CyndiM
02-25-2014, 07:35 AM
Last night we had Crispy Buffalo Tofu, roasted cauliflower, and roasted green beans. Tonight it's leftovers :)

Tomorrow we are celebrating Tim's job upgrade (long overdue) with sauteed scallops with garlic, farro with mushrooms, a new cabbage side dish (http://www.kalynskitchen.com/2014/02/roasted-cabbage-lime-sriracha.html) from Kalyn, and some kind of dessert with raspberries

Beth19
02-25-2014, 08:38 PM
last night was NS marinara with sausage, shirataki noodles and sauteed veggies (mushrooms, onions, peppers)

tonight: Salmon patties, sweet potato fries, snap peas

Nikkilovesyoga
02-27-2014, 04:29 AM
ohhhh this looks like a tasty thread!! I'll post some of our Filipino dishes if it's alright?

As is their a thread for breakfast posts i'm always on the look for new tasty morning recipes because that's my duty to cook for my mother-in-law and soon to be husband:)

Nikki :yoga:

cottagebythesea
02-27-2014, 07:41 AM
ohhhh this looks like a tasty thread!! I'll post some of our Filipino dishes if it's alright?

As is their a thread for breakfast posts i'm always on the look for new tasty morning recipes because that's my duty to cook for my mother-in-law and soon to be husband:)

Welcome, Nikki, and we'd love to have you post some Filipino recipes! You can post them in our SBD Recipe section of this forum under the proper Phase.

You'll find an entire section of Phase I & Phase II Breakfasts in there, too.

We look forward to hearing from you, and good luck!

Nikkilovesyoga
02-28-2014, 04:03 AM
Welcome, Nikki, and we'd love to have you post some Filipino recipes! You can post them in our SBD Recipe section of this forum under the proper Phase.

You'll find an entire section of Phase I & Phase II Breakfasts in there, too.

We look forward to hearing from you, and good luck!

ohhh thanks! Can I have a link to these threads? I don't want to get in trouble off-posting, but for here I can post dinner? I eat meat is it ok post meat recipes here?:o

Just want to ask ahead.

Thanks,

CyndiM
02-28-2014, 10:02 AM
Nikki - as long as the recipes are South Beach friendly you can post any recipe. If you scroll up to the top of this forum you should see the recipes section. I can't wait to see your recipes! I'm always looking for something new.

It's Friday movie night so we are having Buffalo Chicken pizza on cauliflower crust. I'll probably make some kind of veggie side dish because I can never have too many veggies

CyndiM
03-03-2014, 08:31 PM
Greek Lentil Casserole (http://www.kalynskitchen.com/2013/02/vegetarian-greek-lentil-casserole.html) and Cauliflower, Carrot, and Parsnip Puree (http://nomnompaleo.com/post/4157757611/cauliflower-carrot-and-parsnip-puree)

Muffin
03-03-2014, 09:07 PM
Grilled chicken breast and creamed spinach

TwynnB
03-03-2014, 09:22 PM
Oooh, cyndi, that puree looks delish. Is it?

I made meatballs - and the rest of the family had meatball subs, while I had them with moroccan tagine. Delish and very filling.

CyndiM
03-03-2014, 09:31 PM
That puree is very good. I've also made the carrot parsnip version. We like both.

RiverGirl
03-03-2014, 09:57 PM
Tonights dinner was a nice warm bowl of chili.

CyndiM
03-07-2014, 07:48 PM
Cauliflower crust (http://detoxinista.com/2012/01/the-secret-to-perfect-cauliflower-pizza-crust/) Greek pizza with mushrooms, spinach, garlic, feta, and black olives. I'm experimenting with different recipes for the crust

Wednesday night we had Kalyn's Shrimp with slow roasted tomatoes and feta, lime roasted cabbage on the side

Beth19
03-07-2014, 07:50 PM
Last night was the old standby: Tacobake.
Tonight: salmon filets and sweet potatoes.

Muffin
03-08-2014, 10:02 PM
Cyndi, thanks for posting those links. I will be making the lentil casserole next week :)

CyndiM
03-09-2014, 06:59 AM
Last night I grilled chicken and made a raw baby kale salad. It tasted like spring :)

CyndiM
03-09-2014, 09:15 PM
I already thawed the chicken so I made Greek Marinate Chicken (http://www.budgetbytes.com/2013/06/greek-marinated-chicken/) and roasted cabbage. I am really excited about this marinade technique. Can't wait to experiment with other seasonings and grilling

CyndiM
03-10-2014, 07:48 PM
Spinach Nutmeg Pie (http://www.thecleandish.com/spinach-nutmeg-pie-with-wild-salmon-vegetarian-option/), used haddock instead of salmon because it was thawed, 1 lb of fish, swiss cheese, and low fat cream cheese. I'm not a fan of the nutmeg but we loved the basic idea. Next time I'll replace 1/2 bag of spinach with peas, use a white fish or even tuna, and cheddar cheese (no nutmeg) because I always had a soft spot for tuna noodle casserole :) It would make a great vegetarian dish too. The fish just adds some extra low fat protein but doesn't contribute a lot to the flavor.

Muffin
03-10-2014, 09:03 PM
Today I had baked chicken breast and steam broccoli with cheese.

Cyndi, I got it check the recipe for the Greek Marinate Chicken.

CyndiM
03-14-2014, 07:09 PM
It's cauliflower crust pizza experiment #4. If it's good I'll share :)

TwynnB
03-24-2014, 10:59 PM
I made this for dinner tonight....

http://www.kalynskitchen.com/2007/02/chicken-and-pinto-bean-soup-with-lime.html

Highly recommended!! My kids tried it (their dinner was ravioli), and voted to have it in their lunch boxes :D.

RiverGirl
03-24-2014, 11:38 PM
Tonight was breakfast for dinner, Eggs over easy w/ turkey bacon.

CyndiM
03-25-2014, 07:10 AM
Sunday night I made grain free noodles and lasagna (http://againstallgrain.com/2012/06/29/grain-free-lasagna-with-noodles/). It was a bit of work but really good. I've made the crepes sweeter with cinnamon and vanilla and filled with nut butter and bananas. Next I'm going to use them as tortillas.

Last night Tim was craving grilled cheese so I found some whole grain gluten free rye bread and made grilled cheese and tapenade sandwiches and Kalyn's asparagus with lemon Dijon vinaigrette.

cottagebythesea
03-25-2014, 07:59 AM
The supermarket had a terrific deal on red peppers on the clearance rack that I just couldn't pass up, so I used them up in a yummy stirfry with fake "chicken" strips, shirataki, onions & lots of garlic.

I'm looking forward to the leftovers for tonight's supper.

CyndiM
03-30-2014, 08:24 PM
I tried this Indian Spiced Chicken (http://bevcooks.com/2011/10/indian-spiced-braised-chicken/) recipe tonight. It was a hit though I will use less of the hot pepper next time. I liked it but it was a bit much for Tim. it's fine on rice with a little yogurt on top. I want to add veggies next time too, make it a one dish meal

TwynnB
03-30-2014, 10:43 PM
I had fish italiano ( http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Fish-Fillets-Italiano/Detail.aspx?event8=1&prop24=SR_Title&e11=fish%20italiano&e8=Quick%20Search&event10=1&e7=Home%20Page&soid=sr_results_p1i2), with tuscan style white beans and kale http://vegweb.com/recipes/tuscan-style-white-beans-and-kale. I really enjoyed it!

CyndiM
03-31-2014, 09:05 PM
Tonight I made soup with wild mushroom powder and dehydrated, dried squash and broccoli bites (http://www.foodrenegade.com/broccoli-bites-recipe/). I wanted to make them healthier so I used 1/2 almond meal and 1/2 flax. They were yummy.

RiverGirl
04-08-2014, 11:37 PM
Tonights dinner, I had meatballs with this salad on the side... though I think next time I will throw some chicken in the salad as well and have it as the main dish... so good and it reminds me of summer.

Salad w/romaine, red onion, cucumber, tangerine slices, rf white cheddar, italian dressing & a scant few crushed peanuts

TwynnB
04-09-2014, 07:08 PM
HAMBURGERS on the grill!! Me - sans bun....it's spring!!

CyndiM
04-14-2014, 09:41 PM
Last night we had a frittata with asparagus and chicken sausage. Tonight I dry fried some tofu and served it with a generous helping of homemade avocado mango black bean salsa (the tofu was just the excuse to eat the salsa!)