Metabolic Research Center - MRC January 2014

View Full Version : MRC January 2014

MarleneV
12-31-2013, 11:08 PM
Hi all :wave:

Hope that everyone has a good start to the new year. Good luck on achieving your goals, either related to health & weight loss/maintenance , or other areas of your life. if it helps you, feel free to share those goals with us.

aschooley29
01-01-2014, 06:11 PM
My goal is to stay on plan without cheating until I lose the rest of the weight. And then be able to maintain.

I did really well until Christmas Eve. Then it all went down hill. I have now been off of plan since then. Today is my first day back on plan. I have figured out that any sugar is a trigger food for me. If I take even one bite I crave it badly!! This is going to be a hard week while my body gets rid of the cravings. Any support/ inspiration I can get right now is very welcome. ;)

MarleneV
01-01-2014, 08:53 PM
Aschooley, that happens...

The big thing is that you've acknowledged it, and are now back On program.

I had some chocolate chip cookies and chocolate pie on Christmas myself. The next day, I didn't feel well at all. I was lightheaded in the morning when I got out of bed, and just not myself all day. I'm pretty sure it was the sugar... I got rid of the rest of it by making sure the the cookies went away & my daughter ate the last of the pie... Not that good for her either, but she can stand the calories.

Lady67
01-02-2014, 12:14 PM
I love sugar also, but have also found that it does not love me. I binged and ate a bunch of Christmas goodies. The next day I had stomach cramps and had a hard time eating period.

I have not stepped on a scale since the 19th of December. I will go step on tonight.. oh am not looking forward to this as I have NOT been a good girl. :/

Well, am back on track today... and will stay there tomorrow! I so want to get rid of the last of the weight...

MarleneV
01-03-2014, 12:48 AM
My goals for 2014 are:

Stay in maintenance range
Be open to career possibilities
Climb what passes for a mountain in Texas
Spend more "off" time with DH

Lady67
01-03-2014, 11:59 AM
Well, ya do silly things, ya reap the consequences. I binged and ate sugar and gained 2 lbs!

Have been on track for 2 days now. I will get those 2 lbs off...

Problem is on Jan 12 I am flying out of the country... and have no idea what food there will be for me to eat. I cannot take my HNS etc, so will have to just be "mindful" of what I eat.

On a positive note, for 2014 my goal is:

Loose the remaining weight and enter maintenance.
Look at new career options or start my Master's degree.
Find peace.

Happy New Year's everyone. May your 2014 be wonderful.

AshleyRae
01-03-2014, 06:32 PM
I almost caved. In fact, I was actually getting up to go to the kitchen to eat off plan...until I picked up my baby and she'd messed completely through her outfit. She needed a bath, and that took my mind off of snacking off plan. Woohoo? ;)

My resolutions:
Lose remaining pregnancy weight
Clean out and organize the cellar
Volunteer consistently with the local Pregnancy Care Center

MarleneV
01-03-2014, 10:50 PM
Lady Why can't you take your HNS? I did on all of the trips I took while on program (and still do because I'll have one a couple of times a week)? Where are you going? Have a great trip!

Ashley, whatever works, right? Glad that it was a good distraction.

Lady67
01-06-2014, 08:33 AM
I am going out of the country and they do not allow food/drink to be brought into this country.

bsbarlow
01-06-2014, 02:38 PM
Hello, my name is Billie. I am new here, today is my first day on the program. I did it years ago and had great success. I am glad I found this forum. I live in a small town and our center is only open three days per week.

Lady67
01-07-2014, 09:50 AM
Hi Billie :)

Welcome! This is a great place, I have gotten some fantastic support from the ladies here. It is nice to be able to talk through things with people that are going through it at the same time.

bsbarlow
01-07-2014, 10:09 AM
Hi Billie :)

Welcome! This is a great place, I have gotten some fantastic support from the ladies here. It is nice to be able to talk through things with people that are going through it at the same time.

Thank you for the warm welcome. I am looking forward the the journey and small victories...like making it thru the first day. By-the way...how do I an a tracker?:dizzy:

Sherral
01-07-2014, 10:42 AM
Hi . I am not new to the boards for MRC. I belonged a couple of years ago. I have managed to gain all back plus due to stress and other factors. I am going to go back on program beginning tomorrow. I have the diet and most of the supplements. The girls at my center are great and I will probably go visit them when I run out. This plan works. It is tough to get started but I am hoping the tightness of my clothes and talking with all of you will help to keep me titivated. The first couple of weeks are the toughest. So, here we go.

Lady67
01-07-2014, 02:14 PM
Thank you for the warm welcome. I am looking forward the the journey and small victories...like making it thru the first day. By-the way...how do I an a tracker?:dizzy:

The trackers are part of a signature, and I don't believe you can edit your signature until you have so many posts on the site.

bsbarlow
01-07-2014, 02:59 PM
Thanks, I thought I was missing something. :)

bsbarlow
01-07-2014, 03:05 PM
I think missed a lot of information from the counsler. She may have thought she did not need to explain as much because I had done the program before but that was over 25yrs ago and I know things have changed and I have forgotten a lot. I signed up for the 17 week program. When she weighed me she said my goal weight is 178. Does that mean I should try to reach 178 in 17 weeks?

patzi
01-07-2014, 04:36 PM
I had maintenance weigh in today and maintained, 5 pounds under goal.. I really worked at this, as I had so many parties, holiday dinners, etc. so I am happy I maintained.

Hope everyone has a great weight loss week.

Patzi

cmarty
01-07-2014, 05:53 PM
Hi Everyone!

Well I am fat as ever! My husband was in the hospital for a week and I got off track and stayed off for 2 months. So today, I started over again, I am determined to conquer this weight battle!
Patsy, I really admire your abililty to stay on track. I know this is a lifestyle change and I guess I haven't really made that commitment! I have to though..I don't want to be fat and unhealthy! So girls, I'm here crying again..hoping that one day I can be more of an inspiration rather than a crybaby.
So tomorrow...here I go again

Lady67
01-07-2014, 07:19 PM
I think missed a lot of information from the counsler. She may have thought she did not need to explain as much because I had done the program before but that was over 25yrs ago and I know things have changed and I have forgotten a lot. I signed up for the 17 week program. When she weighed me she said my goal weight is 178. Does that mean I should try to reach 178 in 17 weeks?

It honestly depends on which plan you are on. I am on Meta-Balance and they guarantee if I stay on plan they say I will loose 2 lbs a week. My sister is on Meta-Slim and she was guaranteed to loose 3 lbs a week. We both had to re-up on our plans as the original time was not enough.

Talk to your counselor when you go back in. Make a list of your questions so you don't miss any when you go in.

Lady67
01-07-2014, 07:20 PM
Hi . I am not new to the boards for MRC. I belonged a couple of years ago. I have managed to gain all back plus due to stress and other factors. I am going to go back on program beginning tomorrow. I have the diet and most of the supplements. The girls at my center are great and I will probably go visit them when I run out. This plan works. It is tough to get started but I am hoping the tightness of my clothes and talking with all of you will help to keep me titivated. The first couple of weeks are the toughest. So, here we go.

Welcome back :)

Lady67
01-07-2014, 07:21 PM
Hi Everyone!

Well I am fat as ever! My husband was in the hospital for a week and I got off track and stayed off for 2 months. So today, I started over again, I am determined to conquer this weight battle!
Patsy, I really admire your abililty to stay on track. I know this is a lifestyle change and I guess I haven't really made that commitment! I have to though..I don't want to be fat and unhealthy! So girls, I'm here crying again..hoping that one day I can be more of an inspiration rather than a crybaby.

One day at a time cmarty. Husband in hospital is enough to throw anyone off. Will be thinking of you as you start again... and I will be honest... I would LOVE to weigh what you weight now!

Sherral
01-07-2014, 11:09 PM
Welcome back :)

Thanks!

patzi
01-08-2014, 09:00 AM
cmarty..

Never apologize for telling us anything on this forum.. We are here to help and for support.. And you are not a crybaby.. Best thing is... Your are back after a bad spell and ready to conquer it again and that is a good thing..Take that and go with it..Today is a new day.

Try to journal your food daily.. I still do that on maintenance. I buy this small spiral journal with a happy cover and I journal in that every day. I journal
every drink and morsel of food I intake..If I gain I go back and try to find out
why.

bsbarlow.. Please tell your counselor you need some help. That is what they are paid for no matter how many weeks you bought. No one recalls from the past the complete program and MRC keeps changing things. And I welcome you to the group..If you have any questions at any time, feel free to ask here.

Sherral welcome back..

Lady67 Relative food drinks out of the country.. When I was on the weight loss challenge, I had to go out of country a few times, and in my suitcase I had the individual packets of HNS that I bought from Diet Direct. They were the packets of the dried HNS not the gel and they have a variety pack that is really good.. Just put a shaker bottle in your suitcase. I have had Gel HSN taken from me at the airport going places in US, but never had a problem with the dried in my suitcase..

If I have missed anyone new, I am sorry, but welcome and good luck to all this week on a good weight loss.

Patzi

Lady67
01-08-2014, 09:19 AM
Lady67 Relative food drinks out of the country.. When I was on the weight loss challenge, I had to go out of country a few times, and in my suitcase I had the individual packets of HNS that I bought from Diet Direct. They were the packets of the dried HNS not the gel and they have a variety pack that is really good.. Just put a shaker bottle in your suitcase. I have had Gel HSN taken from me at the airport going places in US, but never had a problem with the dried in my suitcase..

Patzi

Good to know Patzi. I will see what I can do. Thank you.

bsbarlow
01-08-2014, 11:56 AM
I had maintenance weigh in today and maintained, 5 pounds under goal.. I really worked at this, as I had so many parties, holiday dinners, etc. so I am happy I maintained.

Hope everyone has a great weight loss week.

Patzi

Congts on your loss and maintenance:)

bsbarlow
01-08-2014, 11:58 AM
It honestly depends on which plan you are on. I am on Meta-Balance and they guarantee if I stay on plan they say I will loose 2 lbs a week. My sister is on Meta-Slim and she was guaranteed to loose 3 lbs a week. We both had to re-up on our plans as the original time was not enough.

Talk to your counselor when you go back in. Make a list of your questions so you don't miss any when you go in.

Thanks for the information. It helps to know what to expect.

bsbarlow
01-08-2014, 12:09 PM
bsbarlow.. Please tell your counselor you need some help. That is what they are paid for no matter how many weeks you bought. No one recalls from the past the complete program and MRC keeps changing things. And I welcome you to the group..If you have any questions at any time, feel free to ask here.

Patzi[/QUOTE]

Thank you Patzi and all of you. I need all of the help and encouragement I can get. I think this forum is going to be my weight loss lifeline.

bsbarlow
01-09-2014, 09:14 AM
Okay, I am on day 4 and my offical weigh-in is tomorrow. I weighed this morning ad am down 3lbs! I hope this is a true loss and tomorrow's weigh-in will reflect this and dare I say it...maybe more!

bsbarlow
01-09-2014, 09:21 AM
Are they supposed to take measurements when you start? Mine were not taken.

Lady67
01-09-2014, 12:32 PM
Are they supposed to take measurements when you start? Mine were not taken.

They did with me, but I have also heard that different centers do things differently. Just another question to ask your center when you go in :)

cmarty
01-09-2014, 05:21 PM
Lady 67 and Patsy,

Thanks so much for the encouragement I am gradually getting back on track... Today I had vegetable soup ( it probably had some things in it I shouldn't have had) but at least it is not candy or ice cream hope to be back 100 percent too thanks for the idea about the food journal ! That is a great idea! Weigh in Tuesday

MarleneV
01-10-2014, 12:02 AM
bsbarlow, Welcome! Hope your weigh-in goes well!

Sherral and cmarty, welcome back!

Lady, I've not had any problems taking the powder in my suitcase or even in my carryon, and I've travelled several times while on program and since. You might check with the airline, but I would take it in the box, so it had the nutritional info with it.

MarleneV
01-10-2014, 12:04 AM
cmarty,

If you have a smart phone, I use the MyFitnessPal app, and it really helps because I always have my phone with me. Much easier for me than actually finding that piece of paper & writing it down.

peg51
01-10-2014, 10:06 PM
Hi Everyone!

CMARTY- I'm right there with you! You are not alone. I remember you from when I first started last January. I lost 85 pounds (yay), and then November and December came and I.LOST.MY.MIND, eating everything I could find. Like you, I'm back on track now, and determined to find out what the maintenance menu looks like one of these days, lol. I gained 22 pounds back, so I now have a total of 40 pounds left to lose. Glad to see that I'm not the only one who gave into my cravings, and then got back on the horse!

cmarty
01-11-2014, 07:45 AM
cmarty,

If you have a smart phone, I use the MyFitnessPal app, and it really helps because I always have my phone with me. Much easier for me than actually finding that piece of paper & writing it down.

Yes, Marvene! Thanks I have Fitness Pal on my smart phone! I just haven't ever used it. I will pull it out and use it. Thanks for the advice!

cmarty
01-11-2014, 07:48 AM
CMARTY- I'm right there with you! You are not alone. I remember you from when I first started last January. I lost 85 pounds (yay), and then November and December came and I.LOST.MY.MIND, eating everything I could find. Like you, I'm back on track now, and determined to find out what the maintenance menu looks like one of these days, lol. I gained 22 pounds back, so I now have a total of 40 pounds left to lose. Glad to see that I'm not the only one who gave into my cravings, and then got back on the horse!

Well,I know if we lost it one time we can lose it again! Glad your back!Maybe we can figure this out together!

cmarty
01-11-2014, 07:51 AM
I am proud that the scale is moving down at home! The hardest part was getting back on track! I am there now...woo! Hoo! Thanks for all the encouragement here!

cmarty
01-11-2014, 07:54 AM
Congrats Patsy and bsbarlow for the weight loss!:carrot:

patzi
01-13-2014, 10:16 AM
For you gals that order from Diet direct.. They have 20% off on their Bariwise Diet Cocoa. I just ordered Irish Creme, Mocha and Amaretta.. That is my chocolate fix at night.. I have it hot if cool here, but when real hot, I make it earlier and chill it for a cold drink..

Patzi

twinkletoes75
01-13-2014, 03:41 PM
Well...still trying to find my way back to my goal weight. However, I am getting hungry in between meals. I am doing the meta-balance menu with 3 snacks. I don't understand why I am getting hungry. I have tried the fiber drinks as a filler...and they work for a few minutes but in 30 mins I am hungry again. I can do this diet...I did this diet(and i was hungry then too). It seems like its harder now than the first time. Any suggestions

patzi
01-13-2014, 07:56 PM
Well...still trying to find my way back to my goal weight. However, I am getting hungry in between meals. I am doing the meta-balance menu with 3 snacks. I don't understand why I am getting hungry. I have tried the fiber drinks as a filler...and they work for a few minutes but in 30 mins I am hungry again. I can do this diet...I did this diet(and i was hungry then too). It seems like its harder now than the first time. Any suggestions

Are you eating enough protein? When I am hungry, I have some protein.. I always have chicken or some form of protein cooked in fridge for this.. If you go to MRC, I would have them fix this.. They will have to adjust your diet plan so you are full and not hungry so often. I found when I was on Meta Slim I was told to add more protein to my diet and that really helped. For instance,if I was to be eating 4 oz. of protein, I added another ounce to it at each meal and I cut back on my carbs. It helped with the cravings and feeling like I had to eat due to hunger.

Patzi

junebug37
01-14-2014, 08:51 AM
Hi everyone! I have been with Metabolic since last March, made it to 40 pounds lost with 10 to go to reach my goal. Slowly but surely was still working towards my goals. I had some minor setbacks. I got back on plan then had some very stressful and sad situations come up. Long story short, my father passed away on Thanksgiving. I had gained a total of 9 pounds back during all of these setbacks and going off plan with no exercise. I have gone back on-plan this week and lost 3 pounds so far. So as of today I am only 16 pounds or so away from my goal of 50 pounds lost! I am inspired by all of the stories and posts here and would love to join the thread to gain inspiration, motivation as well as do my best to motivate others! MRC does work! Its my determination I have to work on!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
:D=5 pounds lost

bsbarlow
01-14-2014, 11:14 AM
Hi everyone! I have been with Metabolic since last March, made it to 40 pounds lost with 10 to go to reach my goal. Slowly but surely was still working towards my goals. I had some minor setbacks. I got back on plan then had some very stressful and sad situations come up. Long story short, my father passed away on Thanksgiving. I had gained a total of 9 pounds back during all of these setbacks and going off plan with no exercise. I have gone back on-plan this week and lost 3 pounds so far. So as of today I am only 16 pounds or so away from my goal of 50 pounds lost! I am inspired by all of the stories and posts here and would love to join the thread to gain inspiration, motivation as well as do my best to motivate others! MRC does work! Its my determination I have to work on!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
:D=5 pounds lost

Sorry for your loss. Keep up the good work and thank you for the encouragement.

twinkletoes75
01-14-2014, 11:17 AM
Are you eating enough protein? When I am hungry, I have some protein.. I always have chicken or some form of protein cooked in fridge for this.. If you go to MRC, I would have them fix this.. They will have to adjust your diet plan so you are full and not hungry so often. I found when I was on Meta Slim I was told to add more protein to my diet and that really helped. For instance,if I was to be eating 4 oz. of protein, I added another ounce to it at each meal and I cut back on my carbs. It helped with the cravings and feeling like I had to eat due to hunger.

Patzi

thanks Patzi, I will be going to see them tomorrow. I will talk with them about it. I am only suppose to be having 3oz of protein and 3 oz of veggies.

jmgirl
01-14-2014, 07:18 PM
Sooo gained 1.2 over holidays and still no more loss...center just tries to sell me more supplements. ...complained to person in charge and she wants to switch me to metaprotein program...anyone been om this one? How is it?

faerychic
01-15-2014, 12:22 PM
I have the meta protein menus but never did the plan since I felt I could not stick to it due to the limited fruit & carbs. No carbs or fruit for 2 weeks in phase 1. Phase 2 has a one fruit and one carb serving. It's mostly protein as the title suggests - 4-6 ounces per serving at each meal - no snacks between meals. My menus are from 2010 - so I don't know if anything has changed.

minnesota1girl
01-15-2014, 01:12 PM
Hello! I am new to this site and just signed up for MRC, I start pre-conditioning tomorrow. I don't really have much of a support system so I thought this might be a good way to keep in touch with people going through something similar. Is this the correct thread or is there another one for new people? I'm not sure how this works so any feedback or advice would be great. Thanks in advance!

cmarty
01-15-2014, 07:47 PM
Hello! I am new to this site and just signed up for MRC, I start pre-conditioning tomorrow. I don't really have much of a support system so I thought this might be a good way to keep in touch with people going through something similar. Is this the correct thread or is there another one for new people? I'm not sure how this works so any feedback or advice would be great. Thanks in advance!

Hi,
Welcome, you are in the right place. You are really going to like the results of this diet! I couldn't lose on any other diet and this worked for me! All you have to do is follow the plan! I guarantee you will lose! Good luck! Stick around here for lots of encouragement!

jmgirl
01-16-2014, 08:35 AM
Ok so back to my pre holiday weight after eating off plan for a week....tells you not enough food on metaslim for me....start metaprotein last night....it was heaven...I had 6 oz of PORK...not chicken or turkey but PORK...lol sorry so excited for my variety of proteins on this plan...and once I start phase 2 I get avocado on my fruit list....yay my fave....I think I can do this one...and u can have a snack either a protein or a free item which aren't much lol

bsbarlow
01-16-2014, 02:08 PM
I am looking forward to tomorrow's weigh-in, last week did not go as well as I thought I would, but by my scale I am down 6 pounds this week. I can't wait (no pun intended) to get the offical weight.

patzi
01-16-2014, 06:30 PM

Welcome...
My name is Patzi and I am on maintenance for a few years. This diet does work. Just make sure you stick with the plan. THe support you will find from friends on this forum is invaluable. I could not have made it without the support I had on this forum.

I want to wish you good luck in your challenge.

Patzi

cmarty
01-16-2014, 09:08 PM
I am looking forward to tomorrow's weigh-in, last week did not go as well as I thought I would, but by my scale I am down 6 pounds this week. I can't wait (no pun intended) to get the offical weight.

Good luck! I know you will have good results! I am not going back until the 24 th to weigh! I am excited the scale is going down at home. I lost 4 pounds last week at my weigh in!

As most of you know ! I am busy trying to lose the 15 extra pounds I gained in about three months. I went to try on clothes and I think I could have just broke down into tears. I don't want to be fat again,! I think it was just what I needed to help me stay on this diet! I am on the yellow menu again! I am praying that I can stay on the diet and get to goal by summer!:carrot:

MarleneV
01-17-2014, 12:25 AM
Hi to everyone new! Patzi is right, if you stick With this program, it works! I lost almost 80 lbs on it, and am very happy with results. Have been in maintenance since June. Actually lost a little bit more after hitting goal. Now my focus is maintaining and getting more fit.

For me, the trick has been to always stick with the basics. I do occasionally have a special meal out or an extra special treat, but most of the time I continue to eat on program with the maintenance modifications. So basically still a low carb, high protein diet that is also low glycemic. It works for me...

Good luck to you all.

cmarty
01-17-2014, 04:19 PM
I am finding that drinking water does help me to lose weight faster!:carrot:

patzi
01-19-2014, 11:50 AM
Just stopping to say hello... Quiet here lately.. What is everyone up to and how are you all doing weight challenge wise..

Have a great day.

Patzi

minnesota1girl
01-20-2014, 01:55 PM
Thanks for the welcome, ladies!! I went to the center on Saturday and had actually gained 2lbs after my first couple days on pre-conditioning. Ugh. I was disappointed initially but then I realized it had only been a couple days and I weighed after breakfast and it's that time of the month so.. oh well. On to today! I am feeling motivated on day 1 of the yellow plan! I have tried (and quit) so many diets in the past year I am mostly nervous about getting through these first few weeks. Thanks again, I'm looking forward to sharing in the support and encouragement on this site.

cmarty
01-20-2014, 05:31 PM
Thanks for the welcome, ladies!! I went to the center on Saturday and had actually gained 2lbs after my first couple days on pre-conditioning. Ugh. I was disappointed initially but then I realized it had only been a couple days and I weighed after breakfast and it's that time of the month so.. oh well. On to today! I am feeling motivated on day 1 of the yellow plan! I have tried (and quit) so many diets in the past year I am mostly nervous about getting through these first few weeks. Thanks again, I'm looking forward to sharing in the support and encouragement on this site.

Don't worry one bit! It could be the cycle thing! That's means the scale will really change next week! Keep your head up and keep at it! It works! Drink lots of water,! Good luck!:broc::broc::broc::broc::goodluck::goodluck:: goodluck::dust::dust::dust::dust::cheer::cheer::ch eer::cheer:

patzi
01-21-2014, 07:00 AM

Don't be nervous, you will be fine.. If you weighed in after breakfast, that may be it and also time of month always adds the pounds on .

I am on maintenance now, so could be wrong, but if you are on Meta Slim, the yellow menu is 1-4 days. Then the next one is 5-11, then you go on the green menu which you stay on till you reach goal.. Remember, if at any time you have any problems, ask your consultant to help you remedy it. That is what they are there for, and also we are all here for you. You should shed some pounds with the two menus I have mentioned if that is what you are on..

Keep us informed on how you are doing and good luck.

Patzi

cmarty
01-21-2014, 04:57 PM
Looking forward to weighing in an Friday! The scale in moving every morning! I have been drinking lots of water! I think this really helps! The only problem is when you weigh everyday and the scale doesn't move one day...you get depressed!

patzi
01-21-2014, 08:08 PM
Hi..

I had maintenance weigh in this moring, and I was not able to take off the full 3 1/2 pounds I gained for eating out.. I am up 1 1/2 pounds .. I will get that off before next weigh in.. Here I come green menu.

Patzi

patzi
01-22-2014, 08:40 AM
My friend, who is on MRC Maintenance, who by the way went from size 20 dress to size 8, sent me this recipe.. She said it was on MRC site online..

If this is in your meal plan, it sound very nice. If not, it will be at a later date.

What are you having for breakfast?
I'm having this awesome yogurt parfait. Greek yogurt, 1 MRC Concentrate Mixed Berry and Frozen berries..super simple and super tasty. This can even be made ahead of time and you can "grab and go". Just squeeze any of the concentrate protein drinks into your yogurt and presto--you've got a flavored yogurt.

Patzi

twinkletoes75
01-22-2014, 11:05 AM
Has anyone did program and still used small amounts of sugar free coffee creamer?

jmgirl
01-22-2014, 01:36 PM
Loving metaprotein. .down 2.6 first week of this meal plan....

MarleneV
01-23-2014, 12:18 AM
Has anyone did program and still used small amounts of sugar free coffee creamer?

I quit coffee cold turkey when I started program, including the liquid creamer we had. Now that I'm on maintenance, I have maybe 2 cups of coffee a week with some of the liquid creamer. I think that your consultant would tell you to not use it (if you have one). If you are doing program on your own, I would say that you don't want to use it.

patzi
01-23-2014, 07:07 AM

I don't believe that is on program. I doubt very much your consultant would ok this, but if you go to MRC. I would ask.

When I starting drinking coffee on maintenance, I have one cup, sometimes two a day, and I have always used sugar free soy milk, and I sweeten with steven. That gives me a nice creamy consistency.

Patzi

AshleyRae
01-23-2014, 10:10 AM

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I used sugar-free coffee creamer in one cup of coffee daily while on program and my weightloss slowed down considerably. :(
And, when I used more than the recommended 4 packages of artificial sweetener each day, the same thing happened.

jmgirl
01-24-2014, 07:59 AM
I don't understand the coffee issue on these plans...not everyone craves carbs when consuming caffeine. ...I still drink coffee but black....I was told I could drink sprite zero w my hns to me that is worse than a cup of coffee a day....sodium. ..chemicals. ...

Lady67
01-24-2014, 09:13 AM
I don't understand the coffee issue on these plans...not everyone craves carbs when consuming caffeine. ...I still drink coffee but black....I was told I could drink sprite zero w my hns to me that is worse than a cup of coffee a day....sodium. ..chemicals. ...

Caffeine also affects other things. In some people it is actually an appetite stimulant, increases blood pressure, is a diuretic so it makes you pee more and then the water you drink does not do the good it is supposed to.

Lady67
01-24-2014, 09:17 AM
Well folks, I am back from my trip. :) I have good news and I have bad news.

Good news, I was able to take my HNS along. But on the bad news side, we had so many last minute "trips" that I was not always able to take my HNS. Being on Meta-Balance instead of Meta-trim, I take my HNS between meals, not during meals.

The place we stayed also fried a LOT of food. Even their unbreaded fish was fried. :/

So, I did gain 2 lbs during the 10 days I was gone.

But to end with a positive note, the trip was wonderful. I am relaxed, and ready to tackle anything. I have successfully started to be back on the plan and do not feel like I am missing anything - even with one of my colleague eating sugar cookies and jelly beans. :)

Happy Friday everyone! I hope you have an excellent weekend!!

patzi
01-24-2014, 09:38 AM
Well folks, I am back from my trip. :) I have good news and I have bad news.

Good news, I was able to take my HNS along. But on the bad news side, we had so many last minute "trips" that I was not always able to take my HNS. Being on Meta-Balance instead of Meta-trim, I take my HNS between meals, not during meals.

The place we stayed also fried a LOT of food. Even their unbreaded fish was fried. :/

So, I did gain 2 lbs during the 10 days I was gone.

But to end with a positive note, the trip was wonderful. I am relaxed, and ready to tackle anything. I have successfully started to be back on the plan and do not feel like I am missing anything - even with one of my colleague eating sugar cookies and jelly beans. :)

Happy Friday everyone! I hope you have an excellent weekend!!

What a great and positive attitude.. With this, you will be fine.. The key words here are I HAVE SUCCESSFULLY STARTED TO BE BACK ON PLAN. Great ..

Glad you had a great trip, that is what is important..

Patzi

AshleyRae
01-24-2014, 10:01 AM
I've got a consultation with a personal trainer on Tuesday who is going to calibrate my body fat percentage (hopefully in a more accurate way than a digital scale). I'm decidedly nervous, but I'm getting so close to my pre-pregnancy weight that I'm hoping to not be too disappointed. The goal line is in sight and the scale keeps getting friendlier and friendlier each week ;)
I KNOW I can reach goal well before my one-year pregnancy followup! I KNOW I can!

jmgirl
01-24-2014, 11:47 AM
But there is caffeine in some of the supplements they offer. ..am I wrong? All I can say is if I lose a little slower it's fine because realistically I can't go without my coffee forever it's not realistic to me...I've given up my 3 diet coke a day habit to maybe 3 a month now....If i can't see myself eating g this way forever then I will eventually cave...know what I mean?

cmarty
01-24-2014, 06:22 PM
I lost 4.5 pounds this past week and a half! :carrot:The weight was falling off until a couple of days ago! It just slowed down! I got to keep it moving any .....suggestions besides exercise ? I thought I would try to start getting up off my butt in the afternoons or least every other day

minnesota1girl
01-27-2014, 01:28 PM
:carrot:
I'm so excited!!! I started at 172, went up to 175 but after my first full week on plan I'm down to 166.4!!! WOOO!! It's been a long time since something actually worked so I'm super happy. I'm missing a little of the variety from my diet (and wine!) but otherwise I'm pleasantly surprised that I like the foods I get to eat and I'm not starving all the time.
Hope everyone has a great day!

bsbarlow
01-27-2014, 04:36 PM
What a great and positive attitude.. With this, you will be fine.. The key words here are I HAVE SUCCESSFULLY STARTED TO BE BACK ON PLAN. Great ..

Patzi

I wish there was a "like" button :)

bsbarlow
01-27-2014, 04:39 PM
I got off to a rocky start but as of today I am down 15lbs. The fisrt week I actually gained a pound so in 2 1/2 weeks I lost 15lbs!!!! I can see the light at the end of the tunnel and know that I am going to make it.

Lady67
01-28-2014, 12:01 PM

Patzi

Thanks Patzi! I think this is the biggest thing for the rest of my life. If I do step off plan or "behaving" for a few days... then I have to get it off right away rather than waiting until it has compounded!

patzi
01-29-2014, 07:27 AM
I got off to a rocky start but as of today I am down 15lbs. The fisrt week I actually gained a pound so in 2 1/2 weeks I lost 15lbs!!!! I can see the light at the end of the tunnel and know that I am going to make it.

Great attitude.. This way of thinking will bring you to the end of the challenge.

Patzi

patzi
01-29-2014, 07:33 AM
Hello..
I FINALLY took the 3 1/2 pounds off I had gained.. I am now back to 5 pounds under maintenance goal.

Green menu not working that well, this time, so what I did was went to the menu for days 5-11, and that gave my body a boost and weight came off. Not bad being on that, really.

If y'all recall, I did not eat badly , but when I went out , had a fish, veggie dinner,no breads, fesh strawberries for dessert, all prepared lean, and a glass of wine. Next day I was 3 1/2 pounds.. I know some was salt, as I could not get one of my rings off. I had a container of iced water with fresh squeezed lemon and 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar for 2 days after I ate out and saw the weight gain to detox some.

Wishing you all a great weigh in.

Patzi

Lady67
01-29-2014, 09:00 AM
Hello..
I FINALLY took the 3 1/2 pounds off I had gained.. I am now back to 5 pounds under maintenance goal.

Patzi

Congrats Patzi, know that was frustrating you some.

I guess we just have to be diligent and take this one day at a time. Realizing that when we misbehave, we have to get right back "on the wagon"

Have a great day everyone!

DixDiamond
01-31-2014, 06:49 PM
Hello all, I am relatively new to this site. I subscribed awhile ago and then got sidetracked. I lost 12.0 pounds on pre-conditioning and have lost 5 pounds on the actual program. I have been on the program for 9 days (today is day 9). I told MRC staff that I was on this site and their comment was "we love 3 fat chicks because it is actually a support group." Overall, I am extremely happy with the program.

cmarty
02-01-2014, 07:48 AM

Congratulations! Keep it up!

cmarty
02-01-2014, 07:59 AM
I followed my diet strickly this week and I didn't lose or gain.:?: It is a little frustrating!:dunno: I am going to stick with it in hopes that my body will release some fat next week. Last year, I did this once..and the next week I lost 5 pounds. How crazy is that!
A year ago I was down to 146. Now I am back up to 165. This really makes me mad with myself! I just dont know if I can stay on this diet all my life! I keep saying , I'll lose the weight again...hoping to get to 130..I know one thing Ineed to do is start exercising..I started doing at least 30 minutes every other day..hope this helps!
Sorry...a little frustrated...thanks for listening!:?:

patzi
02-01-2014, 05:39 PM
I followed my diet strickly this week and I didn't lose or gain.:?: It is a little frustrating!:dunno: I am going to stick with it in hopes that my body will release some fat next week. Last year, I did this once..and the next week I lost 5 pounds. How crazy is that!
A year ago I was down to 146. Now I am back up to 165. This really makes me mad with myself! I just dont know if I can stay on this diet all my life! I keep saying , I'll lose the weight again...hoping to get to 130..I know one thing Ineed to do is start exercising..I started doing at least 30 minutes every other day..hope this helps!
Sorry...a little frustrated...thanks for listening!:?:

No need to apologize .. We are here for support.. If you don't lose next week,
maybe do the Meta Quick for a couple of days, or ask the center for the plateu buster diet. I don't know if they still offer that. I had many plateaus, and what I did, I would eat more fish for my meals. They told me fish and eggs, like egg beaters and egg whites.

Good luck, and hang in there.

Patzi

cmarty
02-01-2014, 08:02 PM
No need to apologize .. We are here for support.. If you don't lose next week,
maybe do the Meta Quick for a couple of days, or ask the center for the plateu buster diet. I don't know if they still offer that. I had many plateaus, and what I did, I would eat more fish for my meals. They told me fish and eggs, like egg beaters and egg whites.

Good luck, and hang in there.

Patzi

THANKS i WILL CERTAINLY ASK THEM! THEY DID SUGGEST I GO ON HCG..BUT I AM NOT GOING TO DO THAT! WAY TO EXPENSIVE AND I DON'T WANT TO PUT MY HEALTH AT RISK!

raven59
02-02-2014, 11:42 AM
Hi There. I, like some of you, had great success with MRC in the past. My undoing was getting off track during Stabilization and not completing the entire program. I've tried doing MRC lite (mostly following the plan), and other things, like frequent exercise and calorie counting; but the weight just won't come off. After 4 years of on again/off again, I am convinced that the MRC plan is the only one that will work for my body and I also know that to work, it must be 100% on plan/100% of the time! So, I'm back. Today is day 1 for me and I'm looking forward to getting the weight off...for good. Time to stop "trying" and to just "do". Looking forward to the journey with all of you.

cmarty
02-02-2014, 12:33 PM
Hi There. I, like some of you, had great success with MRC in the past. My undoing was getting off track during Stabilization and not completing the entire program. I've tried doing MRC lite (mostly following the plan), and other things, like frequent exercise and calorie counting; but the weight just won't come off. After 4 years of on again/off again, I am convinced that the MRC plan is the only one that will work for my body and I also know that to work, it must be 100% on plan/100% of the time! So, I'm back. Today is day 1 for me and I'm looking forward to getting the weight off...for good. Time to stop "trying" and to just "do". Looking forward to the journey with all of you.

Welcome and Good Luck!

DixDiamond
02-02-2014, 01:25 PM
I know this may sound a little personal, but I have a question regarding what happens when you are PMS and/or in your cycle. I finally really understand about retaining water. Although I am drinking as much water as I was before I started PMSing I am not going to the restroom as much and I can feel it in my clothes. Do you find that you gain and then lose the weight? I am still in the dark range on the ketone sticks but gained a pound and a half. I hate weighing in and seeing it go up when I have worked so hard.