Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc - ***2014 WonderSlimmers***

View Full Version : ***2014 WonderSlimmers***

MissMollyM
12-31-2013, 01:53 PM
Hello,

Are there any WonderSlimmers starting in 2014??? I would love to meet and take this journey with you. I am certain it's going to be a fun ride and hopefully we will end up healthier (and smaller) by year's end. :)

~Molly

MissMollyM
12-31-2013, 07:06 PM
I am getting my delivery on 1/8/14. Is anyone starting around that date? :)

Lemondroplet
01-06-2014, 12:33 PM
Hi!

I was on jenny for the past month and decided that the weekly visits weren't for. I placed my order for wonderslim yesterday! :D So I should be starting it a bit behind you :) :carrot:

Woot! It looks like my shipment has shipped and I'll actually be receiving it on the same date as you! Lol!

MissMollyM
01-08-2014, 05:56 PM
Awesome, Lemondroplet. :) :) :)

My official start date will be 1/9/14. Please let me know when you start and we can cheer each other along. :)

WonderSlim, here we come!!! :)

littlefoot
01-09-2014, 10:41 PM
Molly, I just got my shipment today. I was planning on starting on Sunday.

Lemondroplet
01-09-2014, 10:56 PM
MissMollyM - I started today as well! How was your first day so far?? I found that I haven't been hungry at all - but there's a lot of shakes to drink in a day..

littlefoot - yay! hopefully we can keep us all on track :)

littlefoot
01-10-2014, 12:02 AM
Thanks lemondrop. I'm hoping my start will go well. I've got two co-workers on medifast, so I'm hoping that will help me out too. They said the hardest day was number 3. I think my hardest part will be the lean and green, tring to come up wth meal items or lean that can be had by family so I'm not making two meals.

MissMollyM
01-11-2014, 03:04 AM
Molly, I just got my shipment today. I was planning on starting on Sunday.

That is wonderful!!! I think you are going to love it. SUPER easy and the food is yummy. Please check in on Sunday and let us know what you think. :)

MissMollyM
01-11-2014, 03:08 AM
MissMollyM - I started today as well! How was your first day so far?? I found that I haven't been hungry at all - but there's a lot of shakes to drink in a day..

littlefoot - yay! hopefully we can keep us all on track :)

I'm glad you had a great first day and that you weren't hungry. I tried Medifast a few years ago and I was starving and felt terrible. I think WonderSlim is a gazillion times better. :)

My first day went great. I was only hungry after dinner. Thankfully, I got through it. The second night was much easier. Have you lost any weight yet?

Lemondroplet
01-13-2014, 01:35 PM
That's great to hear MissMolly! Keep it up :)

I've only lost about a pound so far - but I only stuck to it for 2 days - and then I ate horribly this past weekend. I'm back to it today though - and have no social events this week so my goal is to continue on this entire week and see how it goes :)

littlefoot
01-14-2014, 01:42 AM
Just finished my fisrt day. Went pretty well. I too felt hungry after dinner, (that was the only time all day i felt hungry) about 30 minutes later i wasnt. Food was pretty good except for chocolate cake. Wonder if wonderslim does exchanges? I'll also add more water to oatmeal, next time. 1/2 a bananna in vanilla shake was great. Also added a little coffee to mocha shake this morning, then added about 1/3 cup of the shake to a regular cup of coffee to sub. For creamer. not exactly the same as a starbucks mocha, but better than coffee straight up.

MissMollyM
01-14-2014, 09:34 AM
That's great to hear MissMolly! Keep it up :)

I've only lost about a pound so far - but I only stuck to it for 2 days - and then I ate horribly this past weekend. I'm back to it today though - and have no social events this week so my goal is to continue on this entire week and see how it goes :)

Lemon, a pound is GREAT!!! :) It's also great that you will try to get through the weekend OP. I think weekends will be the roughest for me. That's when we go out to eat, buy takeout, etc. Argh. I wish I hated food. LOL!!!

Keep up the good work, my WS friend. :)

MissMollyM
01-14-2014, 09:40 AM
Just finished my fisrt day. Went pretty well. I too felt hungry after dinner, (that was the only time all day i felt hungry) about 30 minutes later i wasnt. Food was pretty good except for chocolate cake. Wonder if wonderslim does exchanges? I'll also add more water to oatmeal, next time. 1/2 a bananna in vanilla shake was great. Also added a little coffee to mocha shake this morning, then added about 1/3 cup of the shake to a regular cup of coffee to sub. For creamer. not exactly the same as a starbucks mocha, but better than coffee straight up.

Little, I don't know if WS excepts exchanges. Maybe someone else can answer that question. When you added the 1/2 banana, did you consider that half your fruit for the day? I think I'd like the shakes better with banana. GREAT idea to add shake to your coffee. If you iced it, it might be even better. :) Oh, and I found that eating my dessert after dinner helps with the hunger. I actually like the cookies.

jonimenz
01-14-2014, 03:08 PM
Hi! I began WS on Monday. It will be nice to have some support from others on the same program!
Are you guys new to WS? I am.

littlefoot
01-14-2014, 08:27 PM
Hi! I began WS on Monday. It will be nice to have some support from others on the same program!

Me too! And yes, I'm new to WS. too

littlefoot
01-14-2014, 08:32 PM
I counted the 1/2 as a whole fruit. It was pretty big.

I was thinking tonight that maybe I' ll make the cake with my dairy, might even do that with the cheesecake slotted for tonight, as I heard it wasnt that good either. Maybe that will help?

jonimenz
01-15-2014, 11:33 PM
Well day three and all is well. I find I am not hungry after supper and didn't eat snack after supper yesterday and today didn't have dessert and one meal replacement. When I tried eating some crispy o's last night it kind of made me gag; not from the taste, but my body was just refusing. I also am eating more salads than the recommended 2 cups, but I really love crunching on veggies and salads for lunch and supper. Are you guys tweaking things too? I just hope it is not going to affect my success.

littlefoot
01-15-2014, 11:46 PM
Well day three and all is well. I find I am not hungry after supper and didn't eat snack after supper yesterday and today didn't have dessert and one meal replacement. When I tried eating some crispy o's last night it kind of made me gag; not from the taste, but my body was just refusing. I also am eating more salads than the recommended 2 cups, but I really love crunching on veggies and salads for lunch and supper. Are you guys tweaking things too? I just hope it is not going to affect my success.

Day three for me too. Not hungry all day except for right at dinner time, and now 2 hours later. Time for a snack! I'm not measuring my veggies. I've got two friends on Medifast and they dont measure. They really load up on veggies. It hasnt affected their weight loss, down 50 and 30 respectively. Figured if they do it that way, why cant i? Had sauteed zuchinni tonight with a little bell pepper, seasoned with miss dash. Also had a green salad. Sprinkled salad with oregeno, pepper, and then drissled with red win vinegar. Pretty good

zoesmom
01-16-2014, 08:41 AM
LOL - Resident WS expert here. I hardly ever check new posts anymore, so you got lucky I saw this thread to answer a few questions. I mostly check HERE (I do not have a guardian listed for the below consumer. Can you please advise if there is one, and if there is, provide me a guardian name and address before the end of next week for when statements go out at the end of this month? Thanks) for WS users, questions, answers, ect. Plus, page 1 has links to a lot of useful information, such as old posts, recipes, and so on.

Anyways, let's see if I can address some of these.

Ultimately, measuring veggies isn't that big of a deal. Veggies, especially the dark greens, which you should steer towards anyways, are "negative calorie" foods...meaning it takes more energy to eat and digest them than they provide. You'd have to eat 20 pounds of brocolli to gain 1/2 a pound! So, eat as much as you want (as long as it isn't the starch or "sugary" veggies...such as corn, carrots, tomotoes, peas, ect...measure those!) The main reason why they tell you to measure is to make sure you get ENOUGH of them, as you need them for the fiber on the WS diet. Plain and simple, there is not enough fiber in the pre-packaged foods. And most people don't get enough veggies in their day. So, measure to make sure you meet the minimum requirement, but after that, eat to your heart's content. :)

Personally, I think the cake is horrible. I'd rather drag my tongue across glass shreds. But, I have found a way to make a cake using the regular packets (again, the link up top has links to those recipes) and it is better...no where near the real thing of course, but worlds better. and the cheesecake...save that "optional" fat throughout the day...then add 2 tablespoons of fat free cream cheese to the cheese cake...voila! Instant success!!!!

WS DOES in fact except exchanges. They actually are REALLY good about making sure you are happy. All you have to do is buzz them through chat on the diet direst website or call them. You will be taken care of....like, they LITERALLY have the best customer service EVER!

I've been on WS since 01/13. I have dramatically slowed weight loss due to the fact that I work out heavy....by heavy I mean I run 2-3 miles three times a week and do heavy lifting 3 times a week. So I have to add food into my diet. That being said, The first 4 months of WS, I followed the plan 100% and lost 38 pounds in that time frame. I do a very modified version of WS now, due to my heavy workouts...but I do still use the products and have crazy amounts of knowledge on the stuff (and other topics.) All you gotta do is ask :)

jonimenz
01-16-2014, 11:48 PM
have crazy amounts of knowledge on the stuff (and other topics.) All you gotta do is ask :)

Thanks zoesmom! It's good to have a pro among us newbies!
One thing I can say about WS is that I feel like I'm eating all the time and feel full more often...must be the protein. I had a headache first day...Maybe that is sugar withdrawal?
I noticed that WS has quite a few more carbs than Ideal Protein. (I was on that last year but it made my hip bones hurt and couldn't exercise so stopped it. Plus it was expensive!) With WS you aren't in ketosis right?
Anyway, hope all of your days are going well gals!
Joni

zoesmom
01-17-2014, 08:48 AM
One thing I have learned along the way is that carbs don't really matter in the grand scheme of things. Well, they matter. But not as much as we've been led to believe over the past several years.

We all know protein is super important. In truth, it is second only to water. Protein builds and maintains muscle. Muscle, in turn, burns fat. So, the more muscle you have, the more fat burning potential you have. That part is easy to understand and most people don't have a hard time with this. Also, protein will make you feel full, longer.

Carbs are often thought of as the "evil macronutrient". But in truth, they are the fuel we need to move. Our bodies simply can not turn protein into energy. Protein is the building blocks, carbs is the gas to get the hunk of blocks moving. The simple truth is, most of your calories tend to come from carbs. Our bodies are programed to want carbs, because we want energy. Enter in 20th and 21st century and we have evolved to not be required to run after our food and harvest our grain. In essence, we are lazy. That means we need less energy, less carbs, than we did 100 years ago. Or, we need to pick up exercise. The reason low carb diets work isn't because we don't need carbs. It works because we have grown lazy over the years and are not using our resources as they were intended. Tri-athletes eat upwards of 300 carbs a day. And they are rail thin most of the time. It isn't genetics, not entirely. It's that they use carbs efficently, something a good many of us don't do. It's still the old cliche, calories in versus calories out. And most our calories tends to come from carbs...so it is easy to eliminate extra calories by cutting back on our allowed carbs. Well, easy in theory. In practice, it kinda sucks sometimes. :)

And fats...did you know that the only way to burn old fat is to take in new fat? If you aren't taking in new sources of fat, your body gets scared and holds on to every ounce you have. On the other hand, if you take in moderate, healthy amounts (such as what WS recommends), your body will go ahead and get rid of that extra fat when you are dieting because it knows it is getting a very important nutrient all the time. :)

But you asked about ketosis. It depends on your own body and the way it metabolises. Some people hit it at 150g. Some at 90g. Others have to go all the way to 20g. For me, I hit it at 72g. And I HATED the way I felt in ketosis. Some people claim to have more energy and be in a better mood. Not me. I slept all the time. I was crabby. The only good thing is I didn't carve junk.

The headache the first day is a carb withdrawl. The first couple days suck. Day three was the worst for me. After that, it wasn't so hard, except I was tired all the time. But that was my fault (I didn't eat the fruit, the starch, or the milk at first.)

And FWIW, consistently high-protein diet could lead to joint pain as a result of a loss of calcium, dehydration, gout, or arthritis-like symptoms. That's why doctors recommend against long term high protein diets. :)

MissMollyM
01-17-2014, 11:31 AM

Welcome, Joni. :)

How are you doing so far? I am on day 9 and loving it so far.

Oh, and it is very nice to have the support from our fellow WonderSlimmers. :)

MissMollyM
01-17-2014, 11:32 AM
I counted the 1/2 as a whole fruit. It was pretty big.

I was thinking tonight that maybe I' ll make the cake with my dairy, might even do that with the cheesecake slotted for tonight, as I heard it wasnt that good either. Maybe that will help?

I actually didn't see cake when I purchased my WS. Hmmm... Did you order on WS.com? Please let me know what you think of the cake. :)

MissMollyM
01-17-2014, 11:36 AM

I am totally tweaking things in regard to veggies/protein. I figure an extra cup of greens won't hurt or a few extra ounces of chicken. I feel that we need to do whatever we can to stay on track. :)

I am FAR from an expert about this diet, but I would say you should try to eat every 2 to 3 hours to keep your metabolism up and to assure your body that you are not starving which will cause you to store up the fat.

MissMollyM
01-17-2014, 11:40 AM
Day three for me too. Not hungry all day except for right at dinner time, and now 2 hours later. Time for a snack! I'm not measuring my veggies. I've got two friends on Medifast and they dont measure. They really load up on veggies. It hasnt affected their weight loss, down 50 and 30 respectively. Figured if they do it that way, why cant i? Had sauteed zuchinni tonight with a little bell pepper, seasoned with miss dash. Also had a green salad. Sprinkled salad with oregeno, pepper, and then drissled with red win vinegar. Pretty good

Littlefoot, you're making me hungry. LOL!!! :) I am so lazy in regard to my greens. It's either salad with FF dressing or a big pile of broccoli. I haven't gotten too creative thus far.

MissMollyM
01-17-2014, 11:46 AM
You're awesome, Zoesmom. Thank you for the tips. Please check in on us - we need your help. :)

I do have a question... May I ask how to get a ticker? I tried going to the webpage on you ticker and it wouldn't work. :(

MissMollyM
01-17-2014, 11:48 AM
Thanks zoesmom! It's good to have a pro among us newbies!
One thing I can say about WS is that I feel like I'm eating all the time and feel full more often...must be the protein. I had a headache first day...Maybe that is sugar withdrawal?
I noticed that WS has quite a few more carbs than Ideal Protein. (I was on that last year but it made my hip bones hurt and couldn't exercise so stopped it. Plus it was expensive!) With WS you aren't in ketosis right?
Anyway, hope all of your days are going well gals!
Joni

Joni, I've heard being in ketosis isn't good for the body. Plus, I don't feel good when I am mainly eating protein. I need my carbs! :)

jonimenz
01-17-2014, 01:45 PM
Thanks for the welcome Miss Molly. I'm glad to have you guys here. None of my friends really have a need to watch what they eat so I appreciate you all being here.
When I was on IP and on one of the threads on 3FC they were so much against tweaking and called it cheating. But because IP relied so much on staying in ketosis, getting off track would pop you out of ketosis and slow your weight loss. I like WS much better as I feel I have more freedom. They tell you your calorie, fat and carb intake for the day which I like if I feel like tweaking it.
Also, just so you all know, I go out to eat once a week with friends and don't necessarily order lean and green. I know that if I deprive myself of treats at least once per week I will not succeed. I feel it really helps me stick to my program if I know I can have one open meal per week.
My first weigh in is on Sunday. I'm going to go drink some water now.
Cheers to you all! Have a great weekend!
Joni

jonimenz
01-17-2014, 01:48 PM
Miss Molly, re: ticker
I read in here somewhere that you need to have 20 posts and be a member for 20 days and then you will get the option on your Control Panel..

MissMollyM
01-18-2014, 04:47 AM
Thanks for the welcome Miss Molly. I'm glad to have you guys here. None of my friends really have a need to watch what they eat so I appreciate you all being here.
When I was on IP and on one of the threads on 3FC they were so much against tweaking and called it cheating. But because IP relied so much on staying in ketosis, getting off track would pop you out of ketosis and slow your weight loss. I like WS much better as I feel I have more freedom. They tell you your calorie, fat and carb intake for the day which I like if I feel like tweaking it.
Also, just so you all know, I go out to eat once a week with friends and don't necessarily order lean and green. I know that if I deprive myself of treats at least once per week I will not succeed. I feel it really helps me stick to my program if I know I can have one open meal per week.
My first weigh in is on Sunday. I'm going to go drink some water now.
Cheers to you all! Have a great weekend!
Joni

Hi Joni,

Your friends don't have to worry about what they eat? Lucky girls. :)

I totally believe in tweaking and that's what I LOVE about this program. We don't have to worry about ketosis and we can go out to eat if we choose wisely. Too restrictive of a diet is what throws me off. So far, I LOVE this diet.

I'm excited to see how your weigh in goes. Please keep us posted. :)

MissMollyM
01-18-2014, 04:48 AM
Miss Molly, re: ticker
I read in here somewhere that you need to have 20 posts and be a member for 20 days and then you will get the option on your Control Panel..

Oh goody!!! Thanks. :)

MissMollyM
01-18-2014, 12:36 PM
Happy Saturday!!! :)

How is everyone doing? Please check in to make sure we all stay on track.

Oh, I'm on track. LOL!!! :)

jonimenz
01-18-2014, 09:19 PM
I'm on track!

jonimenz
01-19-2014, 09:34 AM
I'm at 199. A loss of 4.6 lbs.

sara0507
01-20-2014, 12:29 AM
Hi everyone! I just came across this board. I'm getting my first Wonderslim order tomorrow...super excited :) I'm enjoying reading everyone's posts, and hope to jump in once I get started this week!!

MissMollyM
01-20-2014, 01:34 PM
Happy Monday!!! :)

How is everyone doing? Any weigh-ins today? I am down 7 pounds since the 1/9/14. Woot Woot!!! :)

I hope everyone has a fantastic WonderSlimmers week. :)

MissMollyM
01-20-2014, 01:37 PM
I'm on track!

Great job, Joni!!! :)

MissMollyM
01-20-2014, 01:38 PM
I'm at 199. A loss of 4.6 lbs.

You are in ONEDERLAND!!! Woot Woot!!! :) :) :) I am so happy for you. I cannot wait to get there myself. Great job, Joni!!! :)

MissMollyM
01-20-2014, 01:41 PM
Hi everyone! I just came across this board. I'm getting my first Wonderslim order tomorrow...super excited :) I'm enjoying reading everyone's posts, and hope to jump in once I get started this week!!

Welcome, Sara!!! :)

It is soooooooo exciting waiting for that box!!! It's even more exciting to actually get started. I think you will LOVE WonderSlim. I've tried MF, WW, Nutrisystem, and my own "diet plans" and I've never lost 7 pounds so quickly. The food is great. You feel great. It's an all around great diet plan. Please let us know how your first day goes.

GO SARA - YOU CAN DO THIS!!! :) :) :)

kellie105
01-20-2014, 06:40 PM
i just placed my order today!! Im excited to get started

littlefoot
01-20-2014, 09:14 PM
One week today. Down 3 lbs. Feel like it is pretty good, but was hoping for more. spent part of my day looking for low fat recipies for lean and green. Seasame brocolli, turkey meatloaf muffins, beer crock chicken, chiplotte tilapia. Trying to find recipes I can eat along with my family. Went to skinnykitchen.com Recipes have break down for cal, carbs, protien and fat. I'm using myfitnesspal to keep track of everthing. we will see how this works.

MissMollyM
01-21-2014, 12:00 AM
i just placed my order today!! Im excited to get started

Holy smokes, Kellie, how did you lose so much weight? Do tell. :)

That is wonderful you placed your WS order. I truly don't think you will be disappointed. I can't seem to stick to ANY diet and his one is easy-peasy. It really is. What products did you order?

MissMollyM
01-21-2014, 12:06 AM
One week today. Down 3 lbs. Feel like it is pretty good, but was hoping for more. spent part of my day looking for low fat recipies for lean and green. Seasame brocolli, turkey meatloaf muffins, beer crock chicken, chiplotte tilapia. Trying to find recipes I can eat along with my family. Went to skinnykitchen.com Recipes have break down for cal, carbs, protien and fat. I'm using myfitnesspal to keep track of everthing. we will see how this works.

I am so proud of you Littlefoot... May I make a suggestion? I am eating TOTALLY different than my family is and it works. I can't imagine trying to fit MY diet into their dinners. Eat your L/G and then make their dinner. You can sit with them while eating a cookie or pudding. This WILL work if you allow it to. I KNOW YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!!!!! :)

ChristineA
01-21-2014, 08:32 AM
Hi 2014 Wonderslimmers!
I also started this year; 1/8/14. So far I'm down 6.5 pounds and lots of inches. I've been going off program at least one day per weekend, but am being careful about what I eat. Somehow that doesn't make me feel either "deprived" or "on a diet". I'm in for a fairly long haul; I'd like to lose 60 pounds, so being comfortable is important. I look forward to seeing our progress this year!

ChristineA
01-21-2014, 08:36 AM
By the way, in case any of you don't know, the earlier Wonderslim forums have some great info. I've been particularly grateful for Zoesmom's input; her reveiws of the WS foods was invaluable when I was ready to order my food. So far my favorites are the zesty lemon bars and the strawberry yogurt smoothies. Stay away from the soups, yuck!

ChristineA
01-21-2014, 10:34 AM
Sorry, realized I made a mistake on my starting date. I actually started on Sunday, January 5, which makes my "official" weigh day on Sunday. So, after 2 weeks I'm down 6.5 pounds. I definitely go off program on the weekends, but am being careful, nevertheless. Score is now down 1 inch off bust, waist, and thigh; 1/2 inch off hips and upper arm. Yay!!!

Bozydeaux
01-22-2014, 11:05 AM
I'm a soon-to-be new wonderslimmer :) I ordered my first four week kit and it's on the truck for delivery today. I plan on starting this Sunday 1/26 as I'm going out of town on Saturday. I have several friends who had great success with medifast and ideal protein, and that's what got me. I selected wonderslim because all the reviews I read online said that the food way way better. It's the first time I'm actually excited to start a diet!

Anne

thevicgirl
01-22-2014, 04:52 PM
Hi ladies,
I am on my second day of Wonderslim and after being on Medifast, the food is a delicious substitute. I am trying to follow the womens menu plan but find it so confusing sometimes I feel like just grabbing the number of packets per day regardless of what they are. Is anyone else doing that or are you following the recommendations of the program? So far I had chocolate pudding (I loved it), Butterscotch Pudding (I liked it), cold cereal and hot cereal (very good), cheeseburger macaroni (I loved it), and tomato soup (it was far better than Medifast but am thinking of chilling it and drinking it like a V8). I'm going to try to check in here as often as possible. Great to meet a group to get support on Wonderslim.
Susan

zoesmom
01-23-2014, 11:10 AM
My apologies to all WS-ers....your resident expert WS-er is going to be MIA for a wee bit. I got a pretty significant life changing medical dignosis earlier this week and until I can come to gripes with it...well, it is just best I disappear until I can fully accept what this will mean to my future.

And no...it is not in any way related to WS or an increased protein intake. Just for you worry warts out there :)

thevicgirl
01-23-2014, 02:49 PM
Oh no zoesmom! Hope everything will be ok, haven't had a chance to get to know you but looking forward to it when you come back on board.
Sue

ChristineA
01-23-2014, 02:58 PM
Hey Zoesmom,
I hope you'll be back soon, we need you. Your attitude towards dieting, your lovely daughter, and life in general are invaluable.

MissMollyM
01-23-2014, 04:46 PM
Hi 2014 Wonderslimmers!
I also started this year; 1/8/14. So far I'm down 6.5 pounds and lots of inches. I've been going off program at least one day per weekend, but am being careful about what I eat. Somehow that doesn't make me feel either "deprived" or "on a diet". I'm in for a fairly long haul; I'd like to lose 60 pounds, so being comfortable is important. I look forward to seeing our progress this year!

6.5 pounds!!! That is AMAZING!!! :) I think it's good to go off diet every now and again. I heard it's a boost to your metabolism which is what most of us need. I'm looking forward to seeing our progress too. I am hoping/praying that this if FINALLY the year for me - and you all. :)

MissMollyM
01-23-2014, 04:50 PM
I'm a soon-to-be new wonderslimmer :) I ordered my first four week kit and it's on the truck for delivery today. I plan on starting this Sunday 1/26 as I'm going out of town on Saturday. I have several friends who had great success with medifast and ideal protein, and that's what got me. I selected wonderslim because all the reviews I read online said that the food way way better. It's the first time I'm actually excited to start a diet!

Anne

Welcome, Anne!!! :)

I am so excited for you and Sunday is the perfect day to start. :) Please let us know how you do. Oh, and the food is YUMMY. Medifast was very hard to get down for me. I believe the weight loss will be a bit slower, but I feel good, lots of energy. On MF I felt like my legs were bricks. LOL!!!

Anyway, please keep us posted. :)

MissMollyM
01-23-2014, 04:54 PM
Hi ladies,
I am on my second day of Wonderslim and after being on Medifast, the food is a delicious substitute. I am trying to follow the womens menu plan but find it so confusing sometimes I feel like just grabbing the number of packets per day regardless of what they are. Is anyone else doing that or are you following the recommendations of the program? So far I had chocolate pudding (I loved it), Butterscotch Pudding (I liked it), cold cereal and hot cereal (very good), cheeseburger macaroni (I loved it), and tomato soup (it was far better than Medifast but am thinking of chilling it and drinking it like a V8). I'm going to try to check in here as often as possible. Great to meet a group to get support on Wonderslim.
Susan

Welcome, Susan!!! :)

I had every intention of going by the book, but I just haven't. I eat the cereal for breakfast, than I might have a snack bar or cookie, than I'll have my lunch (sometimes a lean and green) and then an apple, and then dinner (sometimes a second lean and green). I have lost over 8 pounds in about 2 weeks which I am THRILLED about. :) Oh, and I haven't been using the shakes but one time. I know I should...

I love the iced cookies (especially oatmeal) and the bars. The fettuccini is my VERY favorite lunch. Super, super good. :)

Please keep us updated on your progress. :)

MissMollyM
01-23-2014, 04:58 PM
My apologies to all WS-ers....your resident expert WS-er is going to be MIA for a wee bit. I got a pretty significant life changing medical dignosis earlier this week and until I can come to gripes with it...well, it is just best I disappear until I can fully accept what this will mean to my future.

And no...it is not in any way related to WS or an increased protein intake. Just for you worry warts out there :)

(((Zoesmom))) That just breaks my heart. :( I had read you almost lost your life due to an illness (I believe) in the past. I hope it's not the same type thing. Please know we are here for you. If you ever need anyone to talk to, send me a message and we can chat by e-mail or phone. I will be praying for you. <3

ChristineA
01-24-2014, 11:43 AM
(((Zoesmom))) That just breaks my heart. :( I had read you almost lost your life due to an illness (I believe) in the past. I hope it's not the same type thing. Please know we are here for you. If you ever need anyone to talk to, send me a message and we can chat by e-mail or phone. I will be praying for you. <3

As will I.

MissMollyM
01-24-2014, 01:43 PM
As will I.

:)

MissMollyM
01-24-2014, 04:16 PM
I have a GREAT tip for my fellow WonderSlimmers. I have been adding a package of Miracle Noodles to my light entrée (noodles, chili, etc.) and it makes it SO much more filling. I have lost about 9 pounds in 2 weeks and two days which I don't believe has happened since I was a teenager.

This is information directly from their website:

Join the thousands that have invigorated and recharged their diets in a new healthy direction. Impress friends with your new discovery and find a delicious new way to lower your carbohydrate intake by eating pasta again, guilt free!!

* Made of naturally water fiber with no Fat, Sugar or Starch.
* Contains Zero Net Carbohydrates with zero calories, no gluten-made of a healthy natural fiber called Glucomannan.
* Easily absorbs the flavors of any soup, dish or sauce.
* Have shown beneficial effects backed by medical studies for Type II Diabetes, Constipation, Obesity and Cholesterol!
* Ingredients: Water, Konjac Flour, Calcium Hydroxide.

This may not work for everyone, but it has helped me. They are a bit expensive, but you can buy in bulk on their website. Let me know if anyone has tried them or has any questions.

Lemondroplet
01-25-2014, 12:27 PM
omgg zoesmom :( I hope everything's okay & that you'll be back soon, stay strong :hug:

Lemondroplet
01-25-2014, 12:30 PM
Are you guys doing any exercise while on wonderslim?? I find that I'm losing slowly so I'm not sure if I'm doing too little/much exercise? (i've never said too much before lol)

zoesmom
01-26-2014, 01:12 PM
thank you ladies. :) I am okay. Still trying to digest the full extent of how this will forever effect my life, but it is not a death sentence per say. I just have to take my extreme activity and well, slow it WAY WAY down. And here I had thought I had over come that part.

MissMollyM - You are correct. August 2012 I was hospitalized. My child, who was 3 at the time, had found me passed out, I call it a semi coma, and tried for I have no clue how long to wake me. By the time she managed to get me semi alert, she had managed to take her 42 pounds and pull my 293 pounds out of the bed and onto the floor and was screaming and beating on me begging me to wake up. She was obviously very distressed and to this day, gets VERY scared if I she sees me asleep and runs and gets her dad. Anyways, I had an O2 saturation level of 42. I later found out that corpses go to the morgue with higher O2 sat levels and all of the doctors and nurses I spoke with were amazed I was awake and able to communicate. Frankly, I don't remember much of that day. I was placed in ICU for three days and was on the super duper breathing machine. I stayed in the hospital for close to two weeks and was on an O2 tank for two months after my release. My doctors told me then to file disability and told me I would forever be on that O2 tank. I decided I controlled my fate and step by step found how to get off that O2 tank and move. Whereas I would pass out moving from my bed to my couch, I slowly managed to build up to running 2-3 miles most days and 5-6 on some. I added in hardcore strength training and was lifting heavy, starting off at a meager 5 pounds and getting to 40. Benching 15 and getting to 90. I proved them all wrong.

And..that might not have been a good idea. I still get sick a lot. I still black out. I still have breathing issues. I still get dizzy. And this recent diagnosis of HOCM pretty much sums it all up as to why. I am damn lucky I didn't send myself into cardiac arrest as I was trying to prove them all wrong. Here I thought exercise was the best thing I could do for myself. Come to find out, not only was it not, it could have been lethal.

so, MRI, holster, and stress test next week to determine full extent of my ailment. I am an asthmatic, so medications might not be the route I can take since Beat-Blockers don't play nice with asthma meds...so I may be looking at heart surgery in the next month or two.

The joys of being 30. Momma never said it would be like this. :(

MissMollyM
01-26-2014, 11:36 PM
Are you guys doing any exercise while on wonderslim?? I find that I'm losing slowly so I'm not sure if I'm doing too little/much exercise? (i've never said too much before lol)

I am losing pretty slowly, but thankful for every pound lost. I have done very light exercise, but will add swimming and/or treadmill soon. Remember, every ounce lost - is one step closer to your goal. I would rather it took me 3 years to get to my goal - than to give up and gain 10 pounds. YOU CAN DO THIS, LEMONDROPLET!!! :) :) :)

MissMollyM
01-26-2014, 11:37 PM
thank you ladies. :) I am okay. Still trying to digest the full extent of how this will forever effect my life, but it is not a death sentence per say. I just have to take my extreme activity and well, slow it WAY WAY down. And here I had thought I had over come that part.

MissMollyM - You are correct. August 2012 I was hospitalized. My child, who was 3 at the time, had found me passed out, I call it a semi coma, and tried for I have no clue how long to wake me. By the time she managed to get me semi alert, she had managed to take her 42 pounds and pull my 293 pounds out of the bed and onto the floor and was screaming and beating on me begging me to wake up. She was obviously very distressed and to this day, gets VERY scared if I she sees me asleep and runs and gets her dad. Anyways, I had an O2 saturation level of 42. I later found out that corpses go to the morgue with higher O2 sat levels and all of the doctors and nurses I spoke with were amazed I was awake and able to communicate. Frankly, I don't remember much of that day. I was placed in ICU for three days and was on the super duper breathing machine. I stayed in the hospital for close to two weeks and was on an O2 tank for two months after my release. My doctors told me then to file disability and told me I would forever be on that O2 tank. I decided I controlled my fate and step by step found how to get off that O2 tank and move. Whereas I would pass out moving from my bed to my couch, I slowly managed to build up to running 2-3 miles most days and 5-6 on some. I added in hardcore strength training and was lifting heavy, starting off at a meager 5 pounds and getting to 40. Benching 15 and getting to 90. I proved them all wrong.

And..that might not have been a good idea. I still get sick a lot. I still black out. I still have breathing issues. I still get dizzy. And this recent diagnosis of HOCM pretty much sums it all up as to why. I am damn lucky I didn't send myself into cardiac arrest as I was trying to prove them all wrong. Here I thought exercise was the best thing I could do for myself. Come to find out, not only was it not, it could have been lethal.

so, MRI, holster, and stress test next week to determine full extent of my ailment. I am an asthmatic, so medications might not be the route I can take since Beat-Blockers don't play nice with asthma meds...so I may be looking at heart surgery in the next month or two.

The joys of being 30. Momma never said it would be like this. :(

Thank you for sharing your story with us. I sent you a PM. PLEASE keep us updated - we do care. :)

jonimenz
01-27-2014, 08:20 PM
Have to say ladies,,,I really miss real food...:(
Just beginning week three and I have to say that the program is not very forgiving. I didn't stay on program on the weekend but ate healthy and watched my calories...Now I weigh almost as much two weeks after as I did when I started it.
I will stick to it. I have 10 more weeks left. We will see if it evens out...
How are you all doing?

MissMollyM
01-30-2014, 09:40 AM
Have to say ladies,,,I really miss real food...:(
Just beginning week three and I have to say that the program is not very forgiving. I didn't stay on program on the weekend but ate healthy and watched my calories...Now I weigh almost as much two weeks after as I did when I started it.
I will stick to it. I have 10 more weeks left. We will see if it evens out...
How are you all doing?

Hi Joni,

The information says that we should lose about 2 pounds per week. If you have been on the diet 2 weeks - it appears you HAVE lost 2 pounds per week!!! Good job!!! :)

If you go off program for a weekend (even being careful), you will not lose weight as fast. Would it be possible to go off program one day a week? That will speed up your weight loss.

No diet is forgiving. It is rough. BUT, we have to think of our long-term goal. To be healthy, to wear a smaller size (yippee), and to extend our lives. You have to decide if making a commitment to good health is worth it. Is YOUR life worth it? YES IT IS!!! :)

You can do this, my friend... Don't think about what you're giving up - think about what you're gaining.

~Molly

zoesmom
01-31-2014, 04:59 PM
Give me the weekend to look over posts and respond....but I think I am back in game mode.

DEEP breath.

Taxes filed.

Anxiety meds are finally helping with my moments on current medical crap. (and MAN do I have some crazy ones!!!)

And some higher power/fate finally decided to give me a break. Zoë is healthy as a whistle. Told we might need to look into....what was it...genetic coding?...and we need to do a follow up in a year to be on the safe side, but all in all, my crap most likely didn't go to my child.

Now, to get my test results in and figure out where I stand. I met with my GP yesterday and she spent some time going over in detail what my diagnosis means and what she sees it to mean (she is not a specialist and did tell me to get a second opinion.) There is no denying something is wrong with me. but, it might not be all that bad. Still a waiting game, but today is the first day I feel like I might actually be okay.

MissMollyM
02-02-2014, 01:24 PM
Give me the weekend to look over posts and respond....but I think I am back in game mode.

DEEP breath.

Taxes filed.

Anxiety meds are finally helping with my moments on current medical crap. (and MAN do I have some crazy ones!!!)

And some higher power/fate finally decided to give me a break. Zoë is healthy as a whistle. Told we might need to look into....what was it...genetic coding?...and we need to do a follow up in a year to be on the safe side, but all in all, my crap most likely didn't go to my child.

Now, to get my test results in and figure out where I stand. I met with my GP yesterday and she spent some time going over in detail what my diagnosis means and what she sees it to mean (she is not a specialist and did tell me to get a second opinion.) There is no denying something is wrong with me. but, it might not be all that bad. Still a waiting game, but today is the first day I feel like I might actually be okay.

First of all, thank you GOD that Zoe is okay. That must be a ginormous relief. :)

Secondly, I am so happy you are feeling somewhat better about this whole thing. Just keep praying for a healing and keep movin' forward. You will be fine, my friend. :)

How is the ol' diet coming along? I know comfort foods are needed at times. :)

ChristineA
02-06-2014, 12:12 PM
Hi all,I've been MIA for a while; working a tremendous amount of OT. My poor old back is killing me, I'm way too old for this stuff. Also, my brother-in-law's cancer has really progressed; I'm afraid it won't be long now. I've been going to their house for the football playoffs, etc. and eating way to much of all the wrong things, but they've been having whatever he wants and can eat. I gained back some pounds, (the same ones over and over), but as of today I'm down 6.5 overall. Even with all the yo-yoing, I think that's pretty good for 24 days of WS food. I'll be ordering my next 4 weeks of food tonight or tomorrow, it ships from Wilmington and I get it in 2 days.

ChristineA
02-06-2014, 12:15 PM
Also, my neice and her 5-year old son will be coming at the end of next week, so I'm sure there will be some family dinners, etc happening soon, but I think if I have the WS food to fall back on I won't get too out of hand. I weighed 185 this morning; I really want to be on the right side of that number...

FattyFatFat
02-13-2014, 02:11 PM
You'll do great Christine, your mindset is already in the right place !! ;-)

Jana B
02-28-2014, 02:37 PM
Hi Everyone. I wanted to introduce myself. I'm Jana B and I just turned 54 years old. Here's some info on me, I hope I don't ramble too long and bore everyone to tears.

Goals:

I'm a type 2 diabetic with my blood sugar (mostly) controlled. I want those numbers to be out of, and stay out of, the diabetic range.

I need to improve my cholesterol levels and my physical fitness, this includes endurance & strength as well as burning fat and toning up. Gaining muscle. (I measured about 48% fat….eeks) I've worked desk jobs and have been sedentary most of my adult life, that needs to change. Too bad I didn't see that before it effected my health.

I'm guessing I need to lose approx. 40-45 lbs. My metabolism is in the toilet and I don't lose weight easily. (my RMR is 1160) I will work out. I don't want a lot of my weight loss to be from water, muscle or bone. I want to burn off this fat!

With all that said, I try to be less concerned with the number on the scale, (as it is only one indicator) but it's what everyone always uses to measure success, me included. I try to keep an overall perspective on "health" and not just weight though. I try to celebrate the non-scale victories. (Like taking 2 new classes at the gym yesterday!)

I had a couple friends doing Medifast with terrific results, that piqued my curiosity. I kept hearing the food wasn't very good though and I didn't think I could stick to something that I had to try to choke down. During my research I found Wonderslim. The general impression is that the food is much better (at least most of it). I know it's a few hundred calories more than Medifast but with my plans to workout, that's probably a good thing.

I'm a vegetarian and I am a very picky one at that. I like to eat real food (as in natural…without chemical additives) I like organic products. As much as I dislike that all these diet products have artificial sweeteners, etc. I am being lured in by the consistent weight loss that is being touted and the simplicity and relatively mindlessness of following the plan.

What I am hoping to do is to get some initial weight off using this plan, then occasionally swapping out some Wonderslim foods for low calorie, healthy "real" food to see if I can have success combining both…..Eventually I want to get to where it's all (or mostly all) real healthy foods.

One of my biggest downfalls is that my son works for a great locally owned healthy foods grocery store. They have a "Hot Food Bar" with healthy foods (usually not low calorie though) They make a lot of their own foods, and bring in foods from local vendors, one being a bakery that makes THE most amazing carrot cake I've ever tasted. (It's like crack...I think I am addicted to it) I tried to get a calorie count, but it's a small bakery and they don't have that information. Anyway, the foods and desserts are amazing and we eat from there a lot. He also brings home things that are hard to resist (I will have to have a serious talk with him about keeping that stuff out of my line of sight!!)

Anyway, I am hoping to get inspiration and motivation from this sight, and hopefully be able to contribute information that will be of help to others eventually.

Until then, any advice, food preferences, mixing real foods with Wonderslim foods or just general information on the company/products/success stories would be greatly appreciated!

If you've stuck with this rambling post the whole way through, thank you! I look forward to hearing from you! :)