Chicks up for a Challenge - W.O.W. Women on WEED New Year Challnge!

jcatron243
12-31-2013, 12:22 PM
Women on WEED!!

For any newbies, the traditional copy and paste:

Women on... WHAT??

Okay, let me explain that "Women on WEED" is not what you might be thinking. During previous challenges, a group of us formed a great bond, and we've been challenge buddies ever since. We use the word "WEED" as a mnemonic device to set daily goals, an easy and very specific way to remind yourself during your day to take care of your body, and to nurture your Mind, Mouth and Muscles... it really does help. After all, we are all taking this a day at a time, right?

If you join this challenge, you will see it often - and you are encouraged to give it a try. Here's what it stands for:

W - Water intake. Set a daily goal for how much water you're going to drink. Although there is conflicting research as to how much to actually consume in a day, we all agree it is important to drink lots to stay healthy. So make it a goal!

E - Exercise. Efficient, healthy weight loss isn't going to happen unless you incorporate some kind of physical activity in your life. Everyone does it differently; some go to the gym, some work out at home, and some find ways to sneak in little bits of exercise all throughout the day. Set yourself a goal, even if it's small. Little bits done often WILL add up over time!

E - Eats. Being that we all have different eating plans and weight loss philosophies, this is sort of a wild card. Whatever plan you're on, set yourself a plan-appropriate daily eating goal for the day. Don't forget to make it specific!

D - Daily goal/Daily affirmation. This is another wild card. It doesn't even have to be weight-loss related! This is the spot where you list something you want to get accomplished. Or, you can use "D" for a a daily affirmation - it's an opportunity to say something good and positive about yourself. Sometimes, when we fall short - and we ALL do sometime - we are tempted to berate ourselves. Although it's good to recognize when we don't reach our goals, it's also good to remind ourselves of the awesome parts of ourselves. So go ahead and remind yourself of that in the "D" part of WEED.

Well here it is! Jump right in, tell us about yourselves, your goals, your home lives, your healthy plan, etc. We LOVE newbies! And we LOVE our regulars! Welcome back!

jcatron243
12-31-2013, 12:25 PM
Here We go!

New Year Challenge!!!! My name is Jeni. Almost 37, two amazing kiddos Mak (DD 10) and Tommy (DS 8), and (DH) Will. A few years ago I was really close to my goal weight, but an on the job injury followed by a series of unfortunate events led to me gaining almost 50 pounds back! I recommitted myself to losing the weight again July 22 (my official W/I date is the 22) I was doing great with working out and food consumption, but I lost the edge on my workouts with the holidays so I am focusing back on my workouts!

I am a wanna be runner. I run, but I am slow. My plan is to work on my distance first then speed second. I am starting at the beginning again but my goal is 6.25 miles I would love to be able to do it in an hour, but my knees and feet will probably never allow that. My last time was 87 minutes (that was a couple of months ago.

As far as being close to my "goal", I realized that my goal weight was not sustainable for me. at 136 (goal 130) I was working out almost 3 hours a day, eating 1200 cals. So I am testing my ground right now with a good, sustainable weight goal. In July it was my goal to reach 150 by March. (for my dear friends it is my Disneyland Month!) I reached that goal in October/November. I have gained 1.6 pounds through the holiday season :( but it will come off with my plan! But I do know that 150 is a realistic weight for me. I have basically maintained this weight with little to no exercise for 3 months. Now, I am reaching for 140 by March 8 (Disneyland trip) I am not going to go crazy with my workouts, but I will follow my plan and see where it takes me.

My plan?
W~ no less than 64 oz per day!
E~ Run/walk 20 minutes on work days, cardio for 60 minutes on days off plus at least 15 minutes of light weights. If I am not hitting weights at the gym I will do squats/pushups/lunges/sit-ups at home for 15 minutes.
E~ Keep Calories at or under 1350. No carbs at night. Cut back on wine absolutely none on work days/nights.
D~ continue to build back my self esteem. check in here every day, even if it is just a quick one.

today:
W 96 oz
E 1 hour cardio, 15 minute home weights
E 1350 cals
D clean up after Christmas!!! Enjoy being with my kids. Maybe make it to the steam room tonight after dinner.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
MM~ your plan for tonight sounds great!

I am going to bed early. Yep I work tomorrow (4am-4pm) so no fun for me tonight. Dinner? Chicken and Broccoli or maybe Taco salad?

emiloots
12-31-2013, 07:31 PM
Glad to see this thread is still going strong - saw some familiar faces on the previous thread (Hi Mindy, Mavis, Nixmom, Jeni). The last time I was on this site was April so its been quite a while.

My name is Emily, soon to be 34 in a few days. I have three kids Connor(7), Desmond (almost 5) and Darcy (2.5). I work full time outside of the house and my hubs works and travels quite a bit. With my first two kids I kept about 15 lbs each on my frame, after Darcy I kept another 20, but then somehow managed to gain another 15 lbs postpartum. So since we can't technically call it baby weight anymore it's gotta go. I don't have a goal weight yet, seems that my pre-children weight may be inappropriate at this point in my life but we shall see. For now my goal is to get into the 170s (I'm currently about 193 I think).
Glad to be back - hope you're all doing great.

My Plan:

Water - 100 oz
E - Fit it in where I can, walking the dog, running at lunch, the only time I can get to the gym is at 5 am - it may come to that
E - Calorie counting and lower carb (about 100 g/day)
D - Time to de-clutter and de-stress (those things come hand in hand for me!), get my house back to normal after the holidays.

jcatron243
01-01-2014, 05:45 AM
Happy New Year!

Hi Emily! I can't believe Darcy is 2.5! Your kids are getting so big!

So yesterdays update:

W: 100 oz!
E: 4.25 miles (65 minutes) 5 minute strength training. Need to do better on strength, no excuses!
E: 2084 cals :o TERRIBLE! I was good up until the doritos and 7 layer bean dip came out! Plus DH and I shared a piece of german chocolate cake!
D: Got my house organized. CHECK! Enjoyed my kiddos? Mostly, but they were battling on the xbox in between cleaning their rooms. No steam room. I could have, but didn't.

Today is a work day:
W: 64 oz take my water bottle into the plant this time!
E: 20 minute walk/run after work. I am going to give in on this one, I didn't get much sleep so I may only walk. Try out my new workout app!
E: 1350 cals. No problem today!
D: Happy new year! My resolution is to Let it go. It is in the past. We have moved forward into a new year. I am responsible for making this year great for myself. I control my actions/reactions to any situation. I am going to improve my self worth. How? By knowing that I will be strong, knowing I am perfect just the way I am, and knowing who I am.

mothermavis
01-01-2014, 08:47 AM
Good morning to all!

Emily, wow, that was fast wasn't it? I am with Jeni, can't believe the kids are that big already.

Jeni, Thank you for the new board!! I love,love that D!

I'm Mavis I'm 47, I work two full time jobs (by choice :dizzy: or what passes for choice) I am married to a great guy who drives me insane only part of the time, my beautiful man children are mostly grown. 26 & 23, my FIL is 91 and then a dog and an ancient bird round out the circus of my life.

I have been on the weight roller coaster since junior high. I know I can be thin, because I got there twice but I am currently far over where I want to be. I was back into the 140's about 2 years back and then hysterectomy became necessary and menopause has thrown me into a tailspin.

I adore this board for the support of the women on it. But I need to spend far more of 2014 on the treadmill and far less on the computer.

I weighed in at 164.6 this AM and I am not sure what my goal is, but I am looking to move the first 10 by Valentine's Day! I felt decent in the low 140's, so would love to be there for summer and see where it goes from there.

W 100
E today, treadmill and I found a new Squat and push up boot camp challenge that is my January 30 day challenge (going to do a new 30 days challenge every month this year. I also need to get back into a gym, will work on that Friday as I am going to join near work)
E POP today, been saving recipes on Pintrest. Low carb works for me and I am going back there.
D Tackling one project every day because like Darcy, clutter compounds my stress! Today, it's my kitchen as that is where you enter the house. Also have to show a house at 1, so lots to do today!

Nixmom
01-01-2014, 12:06 PM
Mavie, Mindy, Jen and Emily :hug::carrot:

I woke up feeling pumped this morning. I love you ladies, and can't wait to triumph into healthy with you all this year!

My name is Kris. I'm 42, married to my best friend (who also only drives me nuts part of the time Mavie) and together we have 24YO Son, 14 YO daughter, 12 YO son and 9YO son. Our house is pretty full.

I work as the Director of the Public Works Department in my home town. It's grueling, stressful, and so rewarding to live and work where I get to make a difference. In the past it has not left me much time for me, but I have slowly come to realize I control that. This year my goal is to find balance, because in 2013 I found 19 lbs.

I think I started on 3FC around 185lbs. I weighed in at 225.2 this morning. HIGHEST WEIGHT EVER. I have too much life left to be burdened with these extra pounds. My goals is to ditch 6lbs a month and hit the 150's by December 2014.

All you girls here inspire me to live better. Your 5ks. Your grandbabies. Your strong hearts. Your ability to see beauty in life's challenges (I said see them, not LIKE them) :dizzy: . My other goal is to get here on a REGULAR BASIS and learn and really encourage you and myself . No more letting life take over and place myself second (or 3rd or 5th)

I am with Emily on the exercise thing. Fit it in, find a way, and it if it means the dreaded 5am gym run, then that is what it means.

I am taking before pics today like I do every year. I am going to strap the bodymedia fit on, and I am going to refresh my MFP account.

Wishing you all so many blessing this year! Lets go after it ladies!

WEED goals generally for the year.
W - 1/2 my weight in oz daily (ex: 225/2 = 112.5 oz)
E - Walk the dogs daily, get through Jillian Michaels 90 day Revolution, Run a 5K
E - Log it DAILY. Plan each week ahead, cook and package it.
D - Love myself enough to say no to overeating, to overworking, and practice living in today - not yesterday or tomorrow.

Looking forward to continuing to build friendships here. Lean and mean in 2014 chicks!

aschooley29
01-01-2014, 06:29 PM
Happy New Year Ladies!!

I am 36 years old and a mother of 5. I am a stay at home Mom. I am currently home schooling 2 of the 5 kiddos. The other 3 have decided to go to public school. I live on a ranch in the middle of nowhere. The closest Walmart is an hour away, if the roads are good. I do not have the ability to go to any work out center or gym. I have been trying to exercise at home but it is hard to stay motivated.
I have lost 26 lbs since OCT. I still need to lose 28 more. I went off of my eating plan for a week at Christmas. I gained 2 pounds :( back. I would like to be at goal in 3 months.

W: still trying to drink at least 64oz a day
E: Do at least 30 mins a day.
E: Stay on Plan
D: Stay positive!!

jcatron243
01-02-2014, 05:44 AM
Good Morning Ladies!

MM~I need to look at low carb stuff on pinetrest. I run out of good dinner options!

Kris~ Love that you are pumped up! I keep going back to my phone and seeing if I have a good pic from July, but I don't do body shots! Finding Balance, is very important. I have to do that too!

Aschooley~ It's good to see you back!

WELLLLLL<
Yesterday. Was pretty much a tough day. Tommy got sick. I hate working when my babies are sick. Luckily Will was home with them. Work sucked. I asked for something in writing before I did it,or I wanted the message directly from my supervisor. and boy did my supervisor not like that. But I got what I wanted and a 30 minute lecture on how he is god, do what he says yada yada. Okay, it wasn't that bad, but it was 30 minutes.

So Yesterday
W~48 oz. I took my water bottle in, but I missed a couple of breaks
E~I didn't get any treadmill time in, but I did try my new app and loved the free version so much that I bought the paid version! gonna do it again soon!
E~I did well here 1297!
D~ I thought a lot about my resolution yesterday.

Todays goals!!!
W~64 oz
E~20 minutes on the treadmill 5 minute ab workout
E~1350, no carbs tonight.
D~Make it through 12 hours without exploding!! then I am off for 4 wonderful days!

mothermavis
01-02-2014, 05:57 AM
Morning all. Let's stay on track for our goals today.

I also got back to my MFP account yesterday. Takes me a bit to to use it and I forgot to put my exercise in too. Ah well, as I use it, I should get it all sorted out.

We are supposed to get another 8-15 inches of snow today. :jig: Not sure I am all that happy about that, but it's been really icy since the last storm, so snow will help that. I am thinking that Saturday I am going to take my snowshoes for a walk.

I have decided on a gym. I am going with the Y. Unfortunately, they are higher priced than the others in the area, but they also offer more and they are right on my route to and from work, so I will not have any excuses. I have to drive by anyway. Emily & Kris, we can think of each other at 5 am. Ugh, but I am also thinking that may be my best option!

Aschooley, welcome back!

Jeni, we were posting at the same time. Hope Tommy feels better. PM me if you want and I'll give you my pinterest info so you can check out the recipes I've gathered so far. Made jalapeno popper chicken last night. Very good!

W 100 oz
E Day 2 of squat/pushup challenge, 3 dreadmill miles (try to remember pedometer too) (back to say sq/pu challenge done, also did day 1 of sit up/plank challenge and ran 2.25 so far, gotta hop in the shower, unfortunately, off today to go to my friend's Dad's funeral.
E POP
D Live the life you've imagined.

mtiger
01-02-2014, 08:09 AM
Well her is Mindy checking in for the New Year. I am 53 and married.I teach 4th grade in a challenging school. I have 2 kids, he has 2 kids. His son got married in 2013 and they just had a baby boy Dec. 29. He is a sweetheart. We have a house full of animals, 3 dogs, two kitties and then the barn cat, a horse and some chickens. Keeps us busy.

We survived the ice storm and 5 days with no power. Boy the things we take for granted. It is great to have those modern convienences back again. I got a fit Bit for Christmas and am learning how to use it. I have made some adjustments since I was gaining weight on the original settings.

I will have to find you all on Pinterest..I am a huge pinner. So much good stuff out there.I don't usually type in all the WEED stuff, but my goals are to drink more water, exercise regularly, eat what the program tells me to do and lose some weight. 150 is my goal and I am 185.8 today.

Nixmom
01-02-2014, 12:33 PM
Morning chicks!

Aschooley! Mindy! Good on ya for gettin here!

Ashooley - the 5 kid thing still blows me away. You are amazing. The older I get the less patience I have. You are blessed!

Mavie - I just followed you! On pinterest (not literally!) Excited to share recipes!

Mindy - You just reminded me to plug in the body media. CRAP! Hope your fit bit tweak is just what you need to get the 170's you have been working so hard for!

Jen - Awesome on hitting your calorie goal! Hoping Tommy feels better soon. Maybe this could be the ONLY sick he gets this year! Get it over and done!

I just got in my 1st dog walk and first 100 situps of the year :carrot: Rawly is a beast to walk. He does fine by himself, but when I take the other dog, he wants to be where she is. She does fantastic. He is still a puppy. A friggen overgrown puppy. We did the doggie DNA thing on both for giggles. Rawly - who we were told was Mastiff/Weimaraner mix, is actually an American Staffordhire Terrier/Mastiff/Vizsla mix. Yes, essentially a pit mastiff mix. Oye. Derby - who were were told by shelter was lab/pit mix is actually Lab/Border Collie mix. Either way both are dead asleep right now which makes them perfect. AND the house is empty and I have the day off! Gonna be a good regroup day.

Sidebar - Richard Simmons on the morning news says quit whining about your weight and do something. "Whiners get big behinders". LOVE IT!

Yesterday not great food wise. LOTS of walking and a goodly amount of water

Check in later with full day WEED report!

mothermavis
01-03-2014, 05:37 AM
Jeni, what's the new app you liked enough to buy?

Kris, glad you found me on Pinterest, I just did the same! I want that puppy, he is so cute!

Mindy, a grandbaby? That's awesome! 5 days with no power, ugh! Did you have a generator? We had 3 after hurricane Irene, but we had a generator, so we could run some stuff.

Back to work today, but only for the day! Stopping at the Y on my way in and signing up and then meeting my friend after work to get back at it. (definitely taking 20 minutes in the sauna too!)

W 100
E Squat push up and ab challenges this am. New cardio this afternoon? Maybe a bike? :D Weight circuit at the gym
E POP
D Remember how blessed you really are.

jcatron243
01-03-2014, 12:02 PM
MM~ I'm still working on learning how to use Pinterest. My user name is (surprise) jcatron243. But I did see that recipe. AND I talked my husband into trying the zucchini Lasagna. I love the group exercise programs at my Y, but I haven't got back to them yet. The App I bought (I tunes) is just called Workouts. It has workouts for different areas (abs, arms, butt, legs, cardio, or full) the paid version has 5 different workouts for each area. You have the option for 5, 8, or 10 minutes. Its like a workout video, there is a woman who is demonstrating the moves and tells you what to do next and when (plus it gives a written explanation). My favorite part is that I can have my music going and the women talks over it when it is time to switch.

Mindy~ Glad you made it through the storm! I would love to see how your fit bit thing works out for you!

Kris~ My friend did the doggie DNA thing too, she thought is as a great thing to know. 100 Situps. OUCH!

Tommy is feeling better, thanks.

Yesterday's WEED was in the bag (until the second glass of wine :o) then I came in just over my 1350. I did get in my run and water though!!

W 96 oz
E 60 minute cardio 15 minute strenght/stretching
E 1350 cals.
DFollow work eating schedule the best I can, take down my tree (I've been working and didn't get a chance yet), catch up on the laundry, again

Nixmom
01-03-2014, 12:58 PM
Happy Friday.

Day two dog walk done and both dead asleep, AGAIN! Gonna take advantage of it and get some cleaning done while they are not on my arse.

Mavie! I want to snow shoe but have never been anywhere where the snow is think enough or sticks enough to do it. I guess I will live vicariously through you!

Jen - Had disneyland in my head on my walk this morning. The Cars land or town or what ever they call it is awesome. If you haven't been on the ride, make sure you make it there. Kids will love it.

I have a favorite quinoa salad that my hubby LOVES! This was rather shocking to me as he is a total meat and taters guy. He actually requests it now, and takes it for lunch. Maybe we could do a group board where we WEEDERS share low cal recipes? I think there's a way to start a board and then invite pinners. I can try to hook it up if anyone is interested.

WEED fell pretty short yesterday other than exercise. I didn't hit the water mark, missed the calories by a mile, but did let myself do or not do whatever I wanted. Strolled through some stores and just kinda piddled the day away. It was nice.

Today though....
W - 100oz
E - Done! Dogs walked 1.5 miles
E - Logged so far.
D - Read my daily scripture and remember where the blessing come from.

mothermavis
01-03-2014, 08:22 PM
Kris, we have a sh^t ton of snow, approx another foot Thursday into early this morning, but they are talking windchills of -20 tomorrow, so it may be Sunday for snowshoes! Come to NY, I'd love a friend to go with! Just me and the puppy this weekend!

I love the idea of a WEED board on Pintrest! Jeni, I'll look for you! ( I think I just found and followed you!)
I got to the Y today, my friend stood me up, she had to run an errand, but I went anyway!
4 miles on the bike and 1.6 on the dreadmill
I signed up for a cycling class on Tuesdays at 6:30 AM. Gotta do what I gotta do!

On a happy note, came home tonight to my Victoria's Secret order! 2 new sports bras (love love theirs) If your girls are on the large side, their maximum support sports bras are the BOMB! 2 new pairs of yoga pants and I am in heaven!

Got all my exercise in, gotta log the rest of my food!
PS Jeni, I am having 1/2 a glass of wine
Kris, you need days like that!

soon2beskinnyCarma
01-03-2014, 08:55 PM
Happy New year everyone!
Okay 42 year old mother of DS 11, DD 9, DH 47 and an aging Golden retriever who will be 15 this year and who I learned has heart worm as his neglectful Mother in her very busy year probably only gave him his heartworm medicine 2-3 times and we had a lot of mosquito's this summer and he spent a lot of time outdoors. I have been faithful about the antibiotics he is now on and made sure to mark the calendar for his heartworm meds.
I am a registered nurse who currently works in a Cardiac and Pulmonary rehabilitation department at a local hospital that has merged with a big hospital in our tiny state so lots of unknown entities in this next year. For that reason I also try to work at least one shift a month in Critical care to keep my skills up and make myself more marketable.
I have been higher than 185lbs since 1995. Hitting a known high of 253.2 which was my last New Years weigh in. I got down to a low of 199lbs and then had a rough last few months of the year between going on a vacation to see my sister and then my MIL passed away in December. I am married to a stress baker and I am a stress eater particularly when I was dealing with my husbands stress. I gained back up to 216.4 and started the new year this year at 213.4.
I am the proud owner of a fitbit so I am hoping that will help me compete with their support group. Goal is 10000 steps a day. I will also like to increase that amount.
WEED for the year goals
W: try to have 100 oz most days.
E: I want to be able to run 5 miles by the end of the year. I was almost their with my Couch to 5k training and fell off towards the end of the year. I would also like to start weight training and do 3 days a week for a half an hour a day. Mavis I like the idea of doing a different 30 day challenge a month. Maybe I will restart the plank challenge this month. We were doing it as a family before my MIL got sick.
E: I want to try and have more of a plant based diet. I need to learn to control my monthly cravings. I would like to keep my calories under 1800 each day. Hopefully healthy eating and exercise will allow me to reach an all new low of 165lbs.
D: “Stay committed to your decisions; but stay flexible in your approach.” ~Tony Robbins

soon2beskinnyCarma
01-03-2014, 09:34 PM
WEED for the week
W 100oz
E 10000 steps a day with walking 3 miles straight or doing Leslie sansone walking video equivalent to 3 miles at least 5 days. 2 miles the remaining days. Weight lift Sunday/Tues/Thursday. Monday start back at piloxing class and start a yoga class that follows it.
E: Get back into recording my food.
D: “A diet is the penalty we pay for exceeding the feed limit.” ~Unknown

mothermavis
01-04-2014, 09:33 AM
OMG, so freaking cold here. Below zero (about -10). Not so bad in the sun though (I just went out to fill the wood furnace) so maybe afternoon when the sun is the warmest I will go for a short snowshoe outing. If I stay in the fields and not the woods I'll be in the sun. :D Great butt workout too!

I have lost a library book that was due yesterday, so I guess I'm going to need to hunt for that today. (Can't use the Ipod book downloads from the library site when you have one overdue...and I want to get some new listens) Not a clue where it might be!

W 100 harder on the weekend, so need to get started

E Did all my 30 day challenges already sit up/plank and push up/squat! Not sure yet whether the Y or the basement dreadmill or the snowshoes are in my future. If I can find the book, it's the Y because I'll take it back and grocery shop and go to the Y while I'm there! Want to go get a couple things, found a great indian recipe on Pintrest, would be awesome in the crockpot!

E POP
D And with this thought, I am off the computer and moving “A bear, however hard he tries, grows tubby without exercise.”
― A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh

Nixmom
01-04-2014, 09:53 AM
Good morning!

I am so sore this morning. Probably a combo of walking, restraining large pets, and our crappy mattress. I went to be at 8:30 :?: and got up at 5:50. Thats a lot of sleep time.

It is now 6:50. Dogs are fed, dishes are done, and laundry is moving. I have a nice cup of coffee and am ready to map out my day a bit. Good chance we will head over to the new house to go over some stuff with the old owner. :carrot: They move out next weekend!

Carma - I'm back to MFP. Doing a cruddy job of completing my day, but getting there daily at least. Come on back girlie!

Mavie - where are your 30 day challenges coming from? an app? I hope you find plenty of sun for your snow shoe adventure! Also, I'm gonna do 1000 miles in 2014 too darnit!

:hug: to the rest of you girls. Hope all is well.

Okay... gonna get outta here. Be back to check in tonight or tomorrow!

jcatron243
01-04-2014, 11:14 AM
MM~great job and sticking to your workout plan! I don't go into Victoria Secret because the bras don't fit me. :( but I am always looking for a good
Sports bra. If I end up shopping today I will take a stop by and see!

Carma~ Good to see you!

Kris~ We made it into Carsland last year! It is by far my favorite place in Disneyland now! The first time on Radiator Spring Racers was right at sunset, it was beautiful!

My food intake was a bit high yesterday :(. I forget how much my appetite increases when I am running. But this is on me. I didn't go for the low cal snacks.
Yesterday:
W: 96 oz
E: 65 minutes 4.25 miles on the treadmill 15 minutes stretches and strength!
E 1984 cals :(
D: I didn't get much of my chores done. SAD!

~~~~~
Today is a new day.

W 96 oz
E I want to get in 60 minutes, but I will be out of town this morning so I will try my hardest.
E Today will be a carb day. DH and I agreed that one day a week we will enjoy ourselves, have a couple of drinks, and eat carbs at night.
D: building muscle. I know the up movement on my scale is due to the muscles working and building again since I have been a bit lazy on my workouts. DO NOT GET DISCOURAGED!

Today I am helping my mom with a couple of dump runs, saying goodbye to my little sister as she goes back to college, and taking some clothes back to the store for my niece. Then I am doing my chores that I ignored yesterday. Plus Will has gotten the bug Tommy had. Wish me luck!

D

soon2beskinnyCarma
01-04-2014, 08:48 PM
Kris: I promise I will get back into MFP tomorrow. It was too hectic today.
I was pathetic. I need to do some serious walking today. I have only done 3500 steps so far. I was a lump, lump, lump.

mothermavis
01-05-2014, 07:50 AM
Carma, some days are like that, today is a new day, it will be better.

Jeni and Kris, does Disneyland have a Harry Potter world too or is that only in Disneyworld?

Here is a thought for all of you. Both Disney's have marathon and half's. The Tinkerbell half is at yours in January. I think we should all make this our year to get fit and meet at the Tinkerbell half next year and run it together. :carrot: I love Tink and I would absolutely love to meet you girls and run it with you! Think about it!

Jeni, I never find their sports bras in our local store, but I know my size in their bras, so I order online when they have sales and free shipping. My son does not go back to college for 3 more weeks. Strange how different the schedules are.

Kris, I am finding the 1000 miles thing to be motivating, love to see that number creeping up! Hope you found some challenges you liked. I tried the oven baked fajitas from Pintrest last night. We all loved it!

W 100oz, I was down yesterday, need to get that today
E sit up plank & push up squat and a snowshoe hike
E POP
D “You wanna fly, you got to give up the sh*t that weighs you down.”

mothermavis
01-05-2014, 01:57 PM
45536 Today's exercise partner! This is O'Neill.

soon2beskinnyCarma
01-05-2014, 09:25 PM
Today was a better day. Ate slightly over calories but overall a loss with exercise.
I got 88 oz of water in ans at least 12 oz other fluid. Did my 10000 steps. I will do weightlifting MWF this week.
I am excited about getting back to my exercise class tomorrow. Plus bonus yoga class too. Going off to bed soon. I want to get up and walk in the morning too.
Mavis: will have to look into that Tinkerbell 1/2 marathon. It will depend when in January it is.

jcatron243
01-06-2014, 11:15 AM
I would love to do the tinkerbell 1/2!

So Will got sick Friday night with Tommy's bug. Then apparently it was my turn on Saturday night. I was perfectly fine when I went to bed at ten, but I was sick by eleven. ERRRR. I was in and out all day yesterday. I slept a lot. My stomach hurts from all the, ahem, over use of the muscles, but I feel much better today.

My Free day Saturday turned into no workout, and my cals were not too bad. 1660 ; water was only at 48 oz. yesterday I ate a whopping 500 cals (tomato soup and a grilled cheese. Yum). I think I drank about 48 oz, but I wasn't really calculating. I just wanted to stay hydrated.

Today: I have to take it a bit easy, so I am going to let my body tell me if enough is enough.

W 96 oz
E 60 minutes 15 minutes strength and stretching (I may have to accumulate the 60 minutes!)
E 1350 I am struggling with this goal, darn salad dressing! Kills me every time!
D catch up on chores.

jcatron243
01-06-2014, 08:21 PM
So far today has been okay. I got in my 60 of cardio, but not my strength and stretch. Cals are on target, but I am yet again short on water. (I will get in as much as I can in the next couple hours before bed. Mak came down with the bug, so I had to pick her up early from school, but she has been fine since the initial vomiting. (YAY, I hope it holds).

Goodnight everyone!

mothermavis
01-07-2014, 05:18 AM
Jeni, here's hoping this bug is out of your house!

Karma, I have no idea when it will be for 2015, 2014 I think is next week, so I am sure about the same, but a great goal to aim for and we could all meet and have fun and take our families on vacay too!

W 100
E Today I have my first cycling class at the Y (6:30 am) I will do my challenges tonight, have to get dinner in th crockpot and out of here before 6 am so this quick post is all Im doing!
E POP
D I'm doing whatever I have to do in order to get the results I want!

jcatron243
01-07-2014, 05:55 AM
MM~I hope the bug is out of my house too. Woke up nauseous again, but I am going to head to work and hope I can just manage through. I hope you enjoy your class! If DH doesn't get off his booty soon I may be getting up for my fave 530 class!

Workday

W 64 oz ( I ended with 72 yesterday, still feel dehydrated today)
E At least 20 put possibly 45. Kids have Cooking class today and DH needs a boost to why he wants to workout. He is eating better, just not gotten to the workouts yet.
E 1350
D "Let it Go"

Pattience
01-07-2014, 06:33 AM
Well you got me. I was not expecting to find a thread that i would want to join but here i am. I am think i am most attracted by the daily/goal affirmation thingy. I love messing about with goals. And the formula is good. I need to keep the notion of exercise high in my mind.

I'm 50. I've done a number of successful diets but after i reach my goal i tend to just fall back into old ways. I am currently about 10kg overweight but i want to lose a bit more than that to get down to 60kg. Today i am 77.6kg, having started at 80.2kg - ( 176lbs) I"m not good with the imperial measurements and i know none of you will want to bother with understanding metric so it might just all be double dutch. On the other hand, its 2.2 pounds to the kg.

I'm single, no kids, love to travel, but probably not this year. This year i'm starting a new micro business, making and selling clothes at a local market. I'm Australian.

W - Water intake. I'm probably not going to set a goal for this. I"ve got enough to think about and don't really want to be obsessive about it. I suppose i could aim to always have a glass of water on the go. That's what i did the other day when i was fasting.

E - Exercise. My exercise goals are: 1. to join in the weekly 40km bike ride. The hardest part about this is that its early in the morning. So far i've haven't been up at that time. And even when i am awake, i tend not to want to go and exercise. Its really hot these days so its not easy to exercise much at other times. I am planning to try out a friend's yoga class this wednesday evening. And 2., my big goal is to go in the 10km race that is part of our annual marathon festival in November. My sister won it last year much to her/our surprise. Because of all the other races attracting the better runners, i do have a chance to win it just as my sister did. First prize is worth it: five nights in a five star resort. Although i could be getting ahead of myself. I haven't won such a race before but i have done mms runs and been really fit in the past. I was pretty fit earlier this year when i returned from a cycling tour of France and lost 5kg in 2 months doing it. If it has been Austrlaia or asia, i would have lost much more :-)

In the meantime i garden. I don't know what else i will try yet. I know i need to get up to a point of doing more.

E - Eats. My diets are always about healthy eating, and trying to avoid getting hungry. When i was young i experimented with fads. Although this time i have introduced one day water-only fasts. I don't know how often i will do them but it would be great to do it once a week. I've done one already and it was tough. I don't count calories. (too much work) but i have a good idea of what is high cal and what is low cal. I mainly try to eat at meal times, avoid sweets from the shop of any kind. That is enough of a challenge for me. And just eat quality nutritious food mostly that i've cooked myself. I'm basically a vegetarian. I tend to start my diets slowly and fine tune what i eat as i go along.

D - Daily goal/Daily affirmation. I did good today. I accomplished my goal of cutting out a dress pattern. I have been procrastinating about sewing after a month off over the christmas period. And i have a lot to do before my business launch in March.

mtiger
01-07-2014, 08:28 AM
So let me catch up here. Since the 5 day no power ice storm, we now got a foot of snow and below freezing temps. Currently -15. My car couldn't make it up the road if I tried, school has been cancelled for 2 days now and my butt is stuck is in the house....except for the deck shoveling and feeding the horse. I have become a true lump and need to get back to some normalcy in my life.

Kris- Lookout. you may need to make some room. I'll even sleep with the dogs.

I am going to try to find you all on Pinterest..I am a big pinner and hope we can do that group board thingy.

Today's mission...straighten the house and maybe put in a walking video. Man..I've got to do something.

emiloots
01-07-2014, 12:22 PM
Hey ladies - hope everyone is surviving this cold snap! Sorry it's been a marathon of painting, painting and more painting and home improvements the past few days. We were trying to get it all finished before vacation was over but no such luck. Still have molding (my arch nemesis) in my daughters room to paint and carpet to order.

So yesterday I was officially 34, time to get to it. Sushi for lunch tomorrow with friends to celebrate but should be fine on my calories. Trying to stay motivated at work today but I just want to go home and curl up with a book under a warm blanket.

Jeni - sorry you got hit with a bug, hate when that happens because it inevitably spreads to everyone.

Mavis - you walking parter is adorable!

Kris - so exciting about the house :)

Carma and Pattience - Welcome!

W - 100+ (a little behond today)
E - well between karate and dr.s appts after work today I may have to settle for some enthusiastic cleaning and floor work
E - stay within cals and watch the carbs
D - keep plugging away at our house clean out

Nixmom
01-07-2014, 11:10 PM
Tiggie - you just pack up and come on out sister. I was driving home tonight and got "cold" with the window down. It was 60 outside. :cool:

Mavie - No Harry Potter at d-land that I am aware of. The tink 1/2 would be awesome! I suppose if we plan now we could get it all pulled together! That would be a huge challenge for me. Would really have to get my butt in gear. How was that cycling class, sister?

Jen - Creeping crud gone? I hope so. My SIL works in my office, and she has been sick for YEARS (okay weeks, but seriously, get well already). If she brings her hacking cough in tomorrow, I may

Carma - I have failed to get to MFP for 2 days (I think). Headed back to find ya. Promise.

Em - HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY! 34 is such a great age! Embrace it. I am gearing up for the eternal home makeover moment myself. The stuff at the new house will by done by Hubby's employees before we move in. Then its get out of the old place, give it a spruce up, and try to sell it. It's still all kind of surreal but I know its going to hit me any minute!

Pattience - welcome! So glad to have you become a WEEDER! Single, no kids... I must admit there are days I want to be you! Lately more than normal, but that's beside the point! :D And you are a runner... and you get to sew... and garden... I definitely will be living vicariously through you! Look forward to getting to know ya!

Pinterest board info - we can make it private so it won't post all over facebook or other places when we each post. Some people don't like seeing those updates. I'm okay with them. You guys let me know and I will start it on Friday! (give some time for everyone to chime in). I shall call it - WEED'n Feed unless someone has something in mind. :smug:

Alrighty - entered a 3 month "get healthy" effort at work. There's a $500 prize for largest % lost. I gotta do this!

Here's to some warmer weather for my east USA'ers and a little break in the heat for our new Aussie. Be good to yourselves girls!

Pattience
01-08-2014, 07:12 AM
Thanks for the welcome nix mom. I assure you my life sounds better on paper than in reality. Though it might be a bit less stressful and busy.

Goodluck with the competition. just don't bugger your diet up by forcing yourself beyond sensible. Stick to your plan for a win win.

So today:
Water: perhaps i should make a goal of a say three cups of water. I know i drink at least that but in truth i don't know so maybe i will count them for a bit. I do like drinking water. But tend to drink a lot of coffee.

Exercise: Alas no. I intended to go to yoga tonight but didn't. I"m really quite lazy and haven to be in a really good mood to start a new exercise.

Eats: Good. Food is pretty much the easiest part for me when i'im on a diet. Last night i was conscious of not giving in to munchies after dinner and i was up late. A good test of my restraint practice. I ran my daily food through the fitness pal machine. I'll say more about that next time perhaps.

D for? Goals? Doing?: I didn't have a such a good day though i did get a sewing task done. Just not the one i had hoped to do. I had an unexpected problem with tension on my sewing machine which i don't know how to fix. Groan. Sorry for grizzling but i am struggling a lot to get into FLOW with my clothes sewing. I was doing so well before December.

mtiger
01-08-2014, 09:07 AM
Kris- Looking forward to the Pinterest board. I love pinning. And just for the rest of us...roll up the d*** window. My road is still unplowed and I can only get out when hubby shows up with the truck. Luckily we have that.

So hubby rescued me after he got home from work....took me to the gym. Then an exciting hour of wandering Lowes. No real reason, just cuz. Scale is stuck but what can you expect when you sit around at home all day. Guess the gym didnt count.

I was telling me hubby about the half marathon as we did a 5k on the treadmill last night. He asked "could you do that?" HA!! I said I would need to walk alot of it.I wonder how many hours that would take. YIKES!!

jcatron243
01-08-2014, 11:56 AM
Pattience: :welcome: glad to have you on the WEEDing track with us!! I would love to travel! But, I must wait till retirement! (only 33 more years to go!)

Em~ Happy Birthday!

Kris~ That is a great prize! You can do it!!! I'm am so NOT fluent in Pinning. I find stuff that I like and I can pin it, but I don't know much else. But, I am looking forward to the board! (You ladies may just have to steer me in the right direction).

Mindy~ Glad the Hubby got you out for a bit. We don't get the kind of weather you are experiencing here, but I hate the cold so I wouldn't like it. You can definitely do the 1/2. It sounds scary! But the idea of training for it is really exciting for me. The most I have run recently is 6.25 miles. I am working my way back up to that!

MM~ Your Dog is so cute!! I hope you are staying warm!

So to those who use My Fitness Pal~ Do you count the calories eaten or net calories? I consider myself good if I come within my net calories, but I really try to stick to my consumed calories as far as my WEED.

Weather here? Same ole' Washington weather! (oh that means 46 and rain :) ) I am dreaming for the Sun!! I can't wait for my trip To CA (two months from today :))

I made it through work (barely) but I felt better by two. Whenever I get sick, it always hangs on. I don't know why, but the last time I had a flu type bug moderate symptoms lasted close to a month. It's a little late in the season but we are going for flu shots today.

So with that being said yesterdays WEED was okay about 56 oz of water, 55 minute very light workout at the gym, food was not much only about 750 cals. But I had a good salad and soup for dinner. Today will be better.

AS for the "Let it go" My ladies who know what happened during the summer. (Sorry I don't want to leave anyone out, but I don't want to re-explain). I have been working very hard at this. Yesterday was really hard. I have severe flashbacks of what happened every month the day before I start my period. (sorry TMI). Knowing this I try not to freak out and pick fights with him. BUT, I have seen her in my neighborhood, and found out she moved a half mile from us. She has been trying to reach him again (he has told me about it) and I am afraid she is stalking him. I believe him when he says he isn't talking to her again. I know I can't control him, I control my reactions. I told him this (after a very emotional yesterday). I also told him that if he hurt me again we were done. No explanations, nothing. I feel better today, like I knew I would. I suppose when I feel really weak, it helps me feel strong when I tell him.

Today:
W 96 oz
E 60 minute cardio 15 strength and stretch (editing to say I ran 97 minutes slow and steady 6.5 miles!)
E 1350 cals
D make peace with yesterdays lapse in letting go of things. I know it is a long process. Control the controllable!

Pattience
01-08-2014, 05:10 PM
Speaking for myself, I don't trust the exercise calorie counters to be accurate so i don't even pay any attention to them. Besides its too much extra detail to worry about. I go by calories consumed.

ON the other hand, there are formulas that make it quite easy for you but in a general way. They factor in light activity, strenuous activity but over the whole day. I think this is probably more useful overall.

mothermavis
01-08-2014, 06:01 PM
Jeni, I'm getting back into MFP and I use my overall calories, haven't really figured the rest out! LOL You just keep on keeping on, you got this, sounds like he's being honest, he can't help what someone else does. He damn straight better realize what he's got!! Dream of my weather, high today of 3. Yup, seriously.

Kris, got a full year to get ready to run it (The Tink), the cycling class kicked my butt, but that's the goal! :D

Mindy, of course you can and it's a great place to work toward!

Emi; Happy Birthday!!

Pattience, would be neat to see some of your sewing if you ever feel like attaching a pic or 2!

W 100
E Did Body Sculpt at the Y again!
E POP so far, not sure what I am having for dinner. Leftovers?
D Making choices, choose wisely!

mtiger
01-09-2014, 07:33 AM
Jeni- Keep talking to him and sharing your feelings. Trust is hard but so important. Keep your relationship strong and it will prevail.

Back to work today for me. I asked if I could take the truck instead of the car. Our road has been plowed to the corner...by my husband. The rest is crap. We have had 5 vehicles stuck now and the last one was a county sheriff, right in front of my house. Here's a funny.....My hubby opened the front door to take a pic, in his underwear. Then was yelling out to the cop about how many people have gotten stuck, then asked if we get plowed now. YOU BET!!!

Off to work after....I have no idea how many days now.

jcatron243
01-09-2014, 11:30 AM
Paitience~ I don't trust the online calorie counters either. I always input my workout times anyway, just to have a diary of what I am doing. That way I know what works and what doesn't.

MM~ Does the body sculpt class include cardio or is it all strength type exercises? The class I would love to get back to has 45 minutes of cardio and 15 of strength.

Mindy~ Back to work? Its funny because around here an inch will cancel school for days :) (Well, our superintendent is from the Midwest so he refuses to cancel school, but the other towns cancel.)

Yesterday was a very perfect day for WEED! 1321 cals, 97 minutes cardio (6.5 miles ), 100 oz of water! I looked into the Tinkerbell 1/2 they suggest a training speed of 15 minute mile and the minimum speed is 16 minute mile. They have a 10k on Saturday the 18 and the 1/2 is on the 19th of this month so it will probably be the same weekend next year.

Last day off so I need to make it count. I am doing low impact today so I need to hit the gym for the elliptical and bike. I would love to swim, but not feeling it today.

W 96 oz
E 60 minute low impact cardio 15 minute strength/stretch
E 1350 cals
D get my chores done, spend some good quality time focusing on my well being.

jcatron243
01-09-2014, 05:21 PM
Changing my previous post about the Tinkerbell half marathon~ Looks like it is being moved to mothers day weekend~May 10

soon2beskinnyCarma
01-09-2014, 07:16 PM
Jeni: OMG they actually do a 1/2 marathon at a speed I can run. Excellent. I do about a 12-14 minute mile dependent on hills. Glad to hear the stomach bug is going away. As far as the husband goes keep the communication channels open is your best bet. Sorry to hear she may be a stalker. My husband will be going to a marine corps thing in October so maybe I can go out to California for a race. Leave the kids at home with him. Yay.
Mavis: Glad you did your class. I have yet to get back to mine. We had black ice the other night. I didn't want to chance it.
Mindy: Hopefully all the snow/ice doesn't mean late June out for you.
Patience: Welcome. I am a nurse so I am used to KG. I even had to tell my know it all partner when he told a patient that he wished that it would be put in stone's then he would weigh less like 85 or so. I told him he would be almost 1000lbs or 450kg. He of course didn't believe me so had to google it. It pays to have British/Australian relatives. I have an aunt that lives in Adelaide Australia. That may be the equivalent of you telling me you have a relative that lives in San Francisco compared to my Connecticut. Not sure. One day we would love to get over there on vacation.
Emiloots: Thank you for the welcome and good for you to be in a painting movement.

soon2beskinnyCarma
01-09-2014, 07:20 PM
As far as my WEED
Water on the money.
Exercise. Still about 2500 steps shy. I think I am going to do Leslie Sansone 45 minute work out as my other E is over by about 300 calories. Apparently my way of celebrating my losing 2 lbs was to overeat today. Idiot.
Eating. As above I am sitting at about 2200 calories. Which is 300 over when my Fitbit is taken into consideration.
D: I am stronger. I have the power to do this.

Pattience
01-09-2014, 07:33 PM
Morning all. I didn't post yesterday. Sometimes i get a bit confused on this forum. I decided to quit my 21 one day goal thread yesterday because i couldn't find it. I thought i was subscribed but i guess not. I know where to find you guys but must have had something else going on making me forget.

I really like the format of the posts you follow here. A bit of chitchat/gossip/ news and then the nitty-gritty. So i'm keen to stick at it, even if i slip up with posting from time to time. It doesn't mean i've failed on my diet if i'm not here. I don't mind admitting my slip ups and so on anyway.

Mavis: When i my business up and going properly i will endeavour to post some pics. You might have to be patient on that score though. Are you a sewer yourself?

Jeni: Yes i like to keep a diary of my exercise as well. right now though there's nothing to report :-/ Although i'm reminded that tomorrow is saturday and if i'm to be really good this week, i would start my bicycle group ride tomorrow morning. I just find it so hard to get up cracking at the light of dawn. I will get there when i get there. No pressure.

For yesterday 9 January. My weed is as follows.

W for Water: oh very good. I drank well over 3 glasses. I start by having a glass of water in the morning before anything else. I find it suits me better to drink water by the glass than sipping all day. I don't really like going to pee so much. Perhaps if i drank less coffee i could cut down on that but i rely on the bit of milk in my coffee to give me a few calories. Its like a snack to me but not one i'm likely to overindulge in.

E for Exercise: The best i can say is that i went to work yesterday so was more active than i have been lately. It didn't add any extra strain to my appetite so that was great.

E for Eat: Well on balance, i know it was great but i had a rough time with the food calculator. I find it hard to use when i eat a portion of a recipe. Its such a lot of fiddle so i tend to pick something off existing food lists which are bound to be higher fat than i would make e.g. last night i ate chickpea curry which has been in the freezer for a long time. I have no idea what went in it except that it would have been made when i was on a previous diet. And then i have difficulty with the quantity options. Yesterday i put in the wrong quantity but couldn't correct it after i'd saved it, so i ate 400 calories more than i am supposed to eat according to the program. But i know it is not accurate so although shocked at the numbers, let it go. This morning i have lost weight according to the scales. Probably a lot more water since i'd been eating a fair bit of cheese in recent days which are high salt and therefore water retaining.

D: for Goals (I really must reread the first post). And sorry if you find me verbose i have been accused of this often enough before. Anyway i didn't sew yesterday because a) i went to work for half a day and b) i had a meltdown. The procrastination stress reached a bit of a climax added to by having to get up earlier and rush off to work. I work with social workers and the like so had a counselling session with one of them. It did the trick, further helped by sitting with a friend while she ate her lunch. And just having a general chat. And then i decided not to try to work for the rest of the day. Meanwhile today, Friday is a new day and i must have another bash at it. I've got a fabric parcel waiting for me at the post office too.

Food is the least of my worries at the moment. Its actually easy for me to stick to my plan. I don't restrict calories too much because i am intending to lose this weight slowly to make it work for the long haul. My diet challenge is to eat well all the time and restrain myself from resorting to bad habits and patterns.

Yesterday i was 77.6 and today 76.0kg that's more than two pounds.

Nixmom
01-09-2014, 11:08 PM
Evening ladies!

So I went ahead and started a "secret board" on Pinterest called Weed'n Feed. Mindy, Mavie... you're invited already.

Emi, Pattience, Jen, Carma, aschooley... I need your Pinterest names and we'll get ya there. I figured with all the "noise" on facebook, if you wanted to have a pin show there, you could always repin onto your own board and share it.

No time to read tonight. Promise to catch up tomorrow. Have a great nights girls!

jcatron243
01-10-2014, 05:47 AM
Carma~I was happy about the running times too (for the half). I'm still running a 15 minute mile (Well when I do short runs its a bit faster). I really working on the distance over speed.

Pattience~ There are plenty of times that we don't get a chance to get on the board. It's just because life gets away with us, not because we are slipping.

Kris~ my name is jcatron243 (same as here).

WEED yesterday was right on again :) water was good, cals were a little under 1278 and workout was good. I did two sessions yesterday. I am really trying to help Will get to the gym. He wants to, but has trouble getting up in the morning at 5. Additionally on my work days I have to be in bed by 7:30 so he really doesn't want to go at night because he wants to be with me. SO, we are trying to come to a happy medium because hitting the gym from 5:30-6:30, getting home, cooking dinner, showering and going to bed by 7:30 is impossible. He is just going to have to go without me, or on his lunch break.

Workday:
W 64 oz!
E At least 20 minutes
E 1350 cals
D Workday. Keep a good attitude. Control my actions, ignore the negativity.

mothermavis
01-10-2014, 06:42 AM
Kris, I joined, love it (and I pinned a happy thought too!)
I'll pin some more this weekend.

Jeni, my sculpt class is both. Intervals, super sets of chest and then jump rope, then walking lunges with pull ups around the room and such, then plank... I hate her by the end! LOL

Thinking of joining the local Fleet Feet's running program, but more important, tonight I go to the airport to get my son for three weeks. I have missed him terribly, so I am so excited.

W 100
E rest day. Stairs at work and walking 10k steps, but that's it.
E POP. last night I had a few kisses and some peanut butter and a beer (not together :D, not too bad, but took my over my calories. Today...back on track!
D Relax, deep breath. Tomorrow I have 2 real estate deals going on, so it will be crazy!

Pattience
01-10-2014, 08:00 AM
Its evening now of the day i last posted. Hence their proximity to each other. I'm quite the addict.

Anyway …

Nix what sort of pics do you post on the pinterest page. I am not certain i want another webpage to get addicted to. But i am happy to check it out.

W: Ok tons of water. Tons of peeing too.

E: Still on my arse most of the time :p. And i don't feel like going cycling tomorrow. Or rather i wouldn't mind cycling. I just don't want to get up so early.

E: Food was good and so was my almost mastering of fitness pal. I posted four recipes three of which i cooked today. So i think the total calories could be reasonably accurate. I'm under goal at 1590 or something close to that. I resisted a friends offer of biscuits at tea but because i wanted to cook this special little cake recipe tonight, i had to have one to see what they were like. And that is quite an achievement for me, trust me. Just one little cake. Its not something i plan to do everyday and i said to my housemate to eat as many of them as he wants to so i don't have to. I will be making these again as i'm trying to remake something i had in France which bewitched me. Has anyone here ever eaten canele. IF so please tell me all about, especially if you've ever had a go of making them. Though this might trigger people's appetite so perhaps it would be advisable to do it in a pm.

D: I began attended to my sewing machine problem but didn't do much in my workroom. instead i went to collect my fabric parcel and loved my choices this time. Last time i was not happy. I'm hoping this will help motivate me again.

soon2beskinnyCarma
01-10-2014, 11:30 PM
Pretty good day today. Forgot my Fitbit so a little annoyed. Grabbed at 3pm and forced myself to get 11000 steps after 3. I probably did between 3000 and 5000 at work. I also did 4 flights of steps that didn't get counted.
Food was okay. I went over my goal but didn't eat all my exercise calories so I guess that was a win.

jcatron243
01-11-2014, 05:46 AM
Hi ladies! I'm running a bit behind, so no personals!

Yesterday's WEED was great, I don't have the official Calorie count, but I'm sure it was less than 1300. I made it to the gym with DH after work, 55 minutes. plus I got my strength workout in. The problem with working out that late, is I have had trouble sleeping, but I really felt good (cant win them all!).
Day 2 of work:
W 64 oz
E 20 minute run
E today is a carb night. but I am still shooting for 1350, Baked Ziti (YUM)
D Understanding my mood swings. Make every movement deliberate!

Pattience
01-11-2014, 08:12 AM
Hello hello. I'm walking on air! :dance:

When you are free Jeni, i'd like to what that thing was you had for dinner. It doesn't sound like food. ;) No but really i'm curious.

Business first:
W: ok plenty of this. I like to be reminded to drink water so its good to do the weed even if i don't count my ounces or glassfuls.
E: Just to and from my workroom a few times. So no exercise.
E: Good. Even less than i think it should be but i'm coping fine with it so i'll stay with it. I think because i'm so inactive its better to err on the lighter side. rather than eat up to my limit. This morning i pondered the wisdom of a fast. Its a week since last time and decided against it for the moment.
D: But this is why i'm feeling so good. I have persisted with my struggles in the sewing room and tonight i think i have finally had a good breakthrough.

First though this afternoon, i sat down at my machine and tried to see what the tension was like today and found it sewed all right on the smaller stitches. That made me feel a little bit better. so i should be able to actually sew something up tomorrow.

Ok i'll spare you the blow by blow of events but i ended up having an inspired moment, altered one of my patterns and now i think i've got it working much easier and will look great in my new fabrics. I cut one out, pinned it up and put it on, and i like it. I've just got to figure out how much i need to charge for it. That's a scary bit too because the fabric is expensive. But now that i've got an easy pattern to work with, i can get the price better looking.

And now i just want to go and turn all my new fabric into this lovely little thing. Its a tunic to wear over pants. I love tunics. They are so flattering on the fatter me. I have been stressing about this stuff so much. I survived. I haven't quit. I feel like a winner already. :dance:

So i'm happy now.:cheer2::celebrate:

mothermavis
01-11-2014, 03:53 PM
Yay Patteince for happy days!

I am happy, my boys are both home, life is wonderful!

W 100
E Already went to the Y
E OP
D Love having my family around me

jcatron243
01-12-2014, 05:44 AM
Pattience~ my version of Baked Ziti~ (what I had here) Penne Pasta with meat sauce, mixed with ricotta, parmesan, and Mozzerella, then its baked. Its Yummy. Glad you had a good day! I work 12 hour shifts (4a~4p) I'm on my long week now.

MM~ I'm glad you have your boys home!

Got home yesterday to my Mom, StepDad, and Nephew. They lost power and had to come to my house to watch the Sehawks beat the Saints. Then they stayed for dinner, which was nice although I was exhausted.

Yesterday I decided needed to be an off day from working out. Well, I did ten minutes of abs and arms, but no cardio. Water and food was pretty much on, I only ate 1200 cals though. I do think I understand my mood swings right now, (too little carbs during my day, plus normal hormones, I can focus on bringing my moods back to normal by eating a sandwich for lunch.)

W 64 oz
E 20 minute run
E 1350 cals
D Be positive, Kick the negativity to the curb. Control the controllable.

mtiger
01-12-2014, 09:31 AM
Kris- I am headed out to find that board next.

Jeni- 15 minute mile huh?? I can only do that for a little bit and then need to walk a bit. Don't know how it would average out over the long haul. It is expensive isn't it??

Mavi- Enjoy the boy!!!!!

Patience- glad you are working it out.

No workout yesterday....hitting the gym today. I am losing a little bit, slowly. Getting back to work helps as I am more active on work days.

Water- I have drinking some Fuse lately. It has garcinia cambogia in it and it tasted good. I have also been taking a GC supplement. Maybe it actually helps.

Pattience
01-12-2014, 09:46 AM
I came in to post. I'm too tired now and want to skip it after all and go to bed. I've been a good girl today and had a good day in the work room. Done all my weding as usual.

Jeni, Ziti sounds delicious. Only i avoid meat as much as possible.

mtiger
01-12-2014, 10:02 AM
I pinned a few things on our board, but I can't see them. Confused.

mtiger
01-12-2014, 10:04 AM
And now they are there. This is just a few of my things. I didn't go crazy on ya.

Nixmom
01-12-2014, 10:08 PM
Evening girls!

Pattience - we pin inspirational messages and yummy recipes or what ever you think the weeders need to see! get yourself a sign on and let us know what it is!

Jen - Wendy invited and I approved (I guess it makes me since I made the board). Sorry if I held up your fun! Following you too, btw!

Mavie - :hug:

Em - achsooley - hope you two are doing alright!

Carma - YOU GO GIRL... 11,000 steps after 3pm? you jog in place for 5 hours?

Mtiggie - sometimes pinterest is strange. I love our board!!!!

So HORRIBLE on keep on task this weekend. I did load my new nano. I also cleared off my desk (giant pile o'crap). Conquered mount washmore, and GOT THE KEYS TO MY HOUSE!!! So friggen excited. Gotta reign myself in though. I already don't wanna go to work tomorrow to start the remodel! But I suppose I have to continue to pay bills too, so...

alright. I will be back in the morning with a fresh head. Have a great night sistahs!

soon2beskinnyCarma
01-12-2014, 10:26 PM
Kris: No I didn't jog in place. We did go shopping which helped out a lot. I did have to do laps in my small kitchen. Congrats on getting your keys to the house. Now onto moving.
Mindy: I hear you on getting back into the work outs. I need to get my MOJO back.
Jeni: Good luck on your long work week.
Mavis: Enjoy your boys.
Patience: I love a good tunic too.
My weekend was good. Got my daughters room somewhat together yet again. Next will be finishing getting all the remaining Christmas stuff packed and downstairs so that the living room will return to normal. Then I will work on my son's room. My room will be next and then the basement needs to finally be tackled.
WEED for week.
W: 100oz
E: set my fitbit goal of 12000 steps a day. Hoping to get to my exercise class this week last week I missed it due to black ice last Monday.
E: Going to shoot for 1500 calories. Already have my salad packed for tomorrow's lunch.
D:“Life is 10% what happens to us and 90% how we react to it.” ~Dennis P. Kimbro
Have a good week ladies.

Pattience
01-13-2014, 03:31 AM
W: not as good as recent days but still have it in my mind.
E: nope
E: going well but nearly forgot to take lunch to work and that would have been difficult. I'm hungry for dinner right now but want to do something else instead of cook so it might have to be a quick bobbie.
D: I showed two of my uncompleted garments to two people today and they both loved them. I am so relieved to get those responses. So of course now i want to get up to my work room and cut and sew…. So why am i here at my puter? Good question.

jcatron243
01-13-2014, 05:46 AM
Mindy~ The cost of this years half was $175-205.

Kris~ I saw the invite, now I just need a few spare minutes! Congrats on getting your house!

Carma~I love your D! I need to remember that.

Pattience~ My sister is big on sewing! She doing some theater arts credits at college for costume design this quarter. She is 18, but I love everything she has done.

Yesterday was good, but I barely ate 1200 calories again. It's normal for me on work days to eat low cals (because I can only eat what I bring!)

I made an appointment to get my hair done :) I stopped in the salon yesterday to see if what I want is doable, and how much. I have a gift card from my hubby which will cover 2/3s of it. The family and I are heading shopping this weekend for my birthday, too! I am so excited, I love family time.

W 64 oz
E 35 minute run
E 1350 cals
D Smile and mean it!

mtiger
01-13-2014, 07:35 AM
Looks like everybody is up and active these days. YAY!!! Made it to the gym yesterday. I ran my fastest 3 miles in a while. First mile was 11 min. Slowed down a bit after that. Still came in well under 12 min. miles.

Scale is being somewhat Kind. SLOWLY inching it off. This menopause thing is for the birds. It creates total chaos in the weight loss world. Enough already.

mtiger
01-14-2014, 07:24 AM
No workout yesterday...helping out my daughter with her car. Gained almost a pound. How does that happen?? Back at it today. I am tired of the 180's....

Pattience
01-14-2014, 09:04 AM
Hi Mindy. I wouldn't take the ups and downs of day to day very seriously. Its usually water loss and water gain. Lots of things can do it. I find if i do strenuous exercise, i gain overnight. I think its the muscles taking on a lot of fluid to a) do some repair and building work and b) store up for tomorrow's exercise, which they don't know you may not have scheduled until the day after. Other things can do it: periods (probably not if you are menopausal, but then i'd say hormones; saltier food than previously so you will retain more water, things like that. And maybe sometimes there might not be a clear explanation.

Anyway there's plenty of factors causing significant rise and falls on a daily basis so i watch, but don't get worried. Actually i only worry if i know i go out and eat a bag of lollies and then even if i do it a few days in a row.

Of course if it stays up and doesn't go down over time, then some adjustment with the diet must be called for. Some people get into a trap of thinking they must do more and more exercise. Its better to eat less than just keep on increasing the exercise.

Anyway me today:
W: not as much as i should but i still am peeing a lot. And as i've been busy, i haven't needed water to distract me from my appetite.
E: not yet
E: slightly over my limit. On paper what i've eaten looks fairly decadent (I ate a packet pastie for lunch which is pastry stuffed with veggies for those who don't know) but to me its not. And in my dinner, i put half a cup of ricotta cheese. But i passed on the wine. I"m too busy to have time to drink it.
D: Lots of sewing work today. Its tricky stuff though each print is different and creates cutting out problems to solve. I found a sewing forum last night which i might become a regular on. My father's partner has shingles. She's in a lot of pain. I had a friend who had it recently she said it was awful. I hope my father doesn't catch it from her.

soon2beskinnyCarma
01-14-2014, 07:47 PM
So totally copy and pasting my response from the other group of girls. I need to get working out so being sneaky.

Pretty good day off. Didn't get exercise in yet. I walked a lot with appointments am at 5500 steps. My goal is 12000 so I have catch-up to do. D Plan on doing a Leslie Sansone video and walking while catching up on sleepy hollow. Just need the kids to go to bed. Pouring like mad otherwise I would go out for a walk. Should have this am.
Good(tasty not healthy) dinner tonight. Pulled pork sandwich. I only ate a half a one. Small serving of potato salad. Baked beans, green beans and Pickled peach from my visit to my sister. She sent me home with a jar.
The kids had endocrinologist appointments. DD thyroid is more enlarged than DS's but her disease went undiagnosed for longer. The new doctor was very nice and both kids seemed to like her.

Patience: glad to hear your clothes are getting good reactions from people. Always nice to get a feel for things early.
Mindy: Hang in there. We are in this together you want out of the 180's and I want into the 180's. LOL. Seriously though .I want out of the 210's. So frustrated I got back up into it again.
Jeni: Happy early birthday. Family time is great. Glad you liked my D.
Mavis and Chris Hi

soon2beskinnyCarma
01-14-2014, 07:49 PM
Oh yeah and Piloxing kicked my tushie. I kept up pretty much. I liked the yoga class after though. Good scale this morning though. 211.6. Yay.

jcatron243
01-15-2014, 05:40 AM
HI everyone. I got called into work yesterday so I didn't have a chance to post.

the last two days have been good. My calories have been too low, so I have to work on bringing them up. I had some good workouts after work the last couple of days too. Last night was 55 minutes, the night before 35 minutes.

W 64 oz.
E 30 minutes on the treadmill while dinner is cooking
E 1350. Monday and Tuesday both I was under 1200. I was busy at work so I didn't get a chance to eat, and dinners were very light calories. (not hungry, so that's good) I need to get my calories up. Tonight I am having a higher calorie dinner so I will be getting back to normal. But, I am going to be eating more on Saturday, we are going to the Rainforest Café for my birthday!! so for the week I will even out.
D eat more calories. Stay calm (HUGE corporate meeting today).

mtiger
01-15-2014, 07:30 AM
Jeni- How fun, the Rainforest. Havent been to one in years. Happy Birthday. We will be going out Monday for my hubbies birthday.

Patience- I dont get too worried. I know if I dont workout I will probably gain a little.

Hit the gym last night 3.25 miles. It wasnt all that fast..about 12:15 per mile. Husband needed food so we left before doing any weight. 185 today.

Pattience
01-15-2014, 07:44 AM
I can't think of anything much to say to each of you but its nice to be included in your comments. Thanks for being so welcoming.

Today:
W: yes i made more effort today. At the moment, i don't need to drink water to suppress appetite. CAuse i'm busy and interested in what i'm doing.
E: not really
E: good a bit lower today. Lots of yumminess and fruit
D: I did a task i'd been not looking forward to and it went quite easy really. Basically there is a two inch difference in dress sizes. It seems to be really that easy. So i resized two of my patterns down to size 12 and 10. I wanted to make mock ups in old sheet material but i couldn't find any. I am not sure about the armholes and as i'm going to work tomorrow, i wanted to get the smaller girls to try on my mockups to see how well they fit.

I think someone has stolen my drake and maybe two ducks. I should go track them down. if they have not been stolen, then it would appear a python has got them but i had thought the ducks were fending the pythons off successfully because i've had them for a few years now and so far i haven't lost a single duck. Only babies. I have had a few battles with the pythons myself before i knew the ducks could fight them off. I might phone the police and ask them for advice. I know that sounds a little silly. I don't know the actual address of a person who I think could possibly have taken them but i do have a suspicion about a particular person because not long ago when i met him he was asking strange questions about all the animals in the area.

jcatron243
01-16-2014, 05:36 AM
Mindy~ good job on the run. I have been working on speed a bit, I ran my fastest (in a while) on Tuesday 13:35 mile. (3.25 miles)

Pattience~ I hate losing animals.

Today is my last day of work until my weekend. Yesterday was really hectic with corporate, but we made it through. I don't think they will be there today, but it still will be okay today.

I got an armband for my iphone for my birthday, but I am disappointed, the back isn't waterproof so it gets drenched in sweat. I'm afraid it may ruin my phone. I guess I will look for a different one for my long runs.

W 64 oz
E hitting the gym tonight so probably 60 minutes
E 1350 cals. Finally got my cals in yesterday! ( I don't like eating to few of cals)
D Be Happy, Smile a lot, know that I don't work tomorrow.

mothermavis
01-16-2014, 05:40 AM
Morning all! Sounds like everyone is doing well!
I've not had much time, just poking my head in for a second.

W 100
E running
E OP
D One thing at a time!

mtiger
01-16-2014, 07:28 AM
Did some Jillian videos last night. They weren't as difficult as the last time I tried them. Getting back into "fighting" form I guess. Lost no weight today. Plan to get in a long run tonight. Hopefully drop a little tomorrow.

Jeni- I ran an 11 min mile the other other day. I just can't keep it up for all three.

Pattience
01-17-2014, 12:32 AM
I didn't post yesterday. i was so messed up from lack of sleep and withdrawing from one of my meds and having to go to work that i was too tired at night. I enjoyed a great tennis game on tv though for the Australian open. lol i shoulda put that in my exercise.

Anyway, I did my WEED
W: yes
E: no
E: food yes though i had to have an extra couple of slices of toast to keep me going at work because i forgot to take my lunch in the morning rush.
D: It was all i could do to get through this day but i had a good chat with a psychologist at work about a long term desire for a depression support group. It was good to thrash it out at last. the upshot is though that we have a numbers issue in our community. Its too small and people just do not want to/are too apathetic or scared to come along to a lot of stuff that would make our community more healthy and happy. Anyway maybe she will give it more thought and try to start as she has done groups before.

About my food. I'm starting to think that i need to lower the calorie count a little. I am so pleased that i've been have to switch out of my binging and eating crap food stint that i was in. Now its time to start letting some flab go, though i'm still not ready to start exercise just yet.

I've been eating 1650 per day more or less. The scales have settled around 76kg/165 pounds plus a bit but it goes up and down all the time.

I started my diet earlier this month. Can't quite remember the day. SO maybe about 2 or 2.5 weeks ago.

I'll try and lop off between 50-100 calories.

I'm very happy with my restraint. Yesterday was a bit testing after work. Its always a danger time when i'm in town. I'lll have to be more attentive to water drinking as well.

Nixmom
01-17-2014, 10:50 AM
Hey girls. I am literally stopping before running out the door to say "I hope you all are taking care of you!" I will be back tonight. I have to hunt down tile, granite, carpet and paint today.

Works been crazy. I have been a crappy eater. My heart is here though, I promise. Hoping for a quiet Friday night to catch up!

BE GOOD!

jcatron243
01-17-2014, 08:39 PM
Well, I got called into work, again. So my plans for a long run were shutdown. The work today was very physical, so I am skipping my run altogether. BUT I did get in a good run last night after work. 4.57 miles in 60 minutes! I added a .57 mile to a 60 minute run! I am going to get up early tomorrow and run before I have to head out of town for my birthday celebration.

Food has been awesome, Water has been good to (except for today :() and my moods have been great! Exercise Has been good. I took Wednesday off because my ankle was sore, and I am taking today off because my body is sore from the lifting I did. I have run about ten miles this week, plus I spent some time on the elliptical and recumbent bike.

jcatron243
01-18-2014, 11:30 AM
Happy Saturday!

I am pretty excited for today. DH got up to go workout at the gym, and I am about to hit my treadmill! Then after Mak's basketball practice we are heading to the Rainforest Café! We are going to do a bit of shopping too!

W 80 oz!
E 60 minutes
E 1350 cals
D enjoy my family time!

mothermavis
01-18-2014, 01:50 PM
Have a fabulous day Jeni! Happy Birthday!

W 100
E Already ran!
E OP
D Enjoy the day off!

Pattience
01-18-2014, 09:54 PM
I figure if i keep reading what you lot are up to with your fitness, that at some point, i will get motivated to do it myself. but at the moment, my focus is on the food and sewing. I'll get there eventually.

Jeni, you sound really up and its nice to read.

Nix, good luck with getting back on track. One bad day need not be the end but i think you know that. That said, i'm not good with any failures. I think its something about the way the mind works when you feel you've let yourself down. The momentary depression seems to undermine the strength of my overall resolve. But i notice on these forums that many people seem to be better at picking themselves up gain after a mistake or two.

Yesterday i went away overnight and spent most of the day in town which is usually quite a test of myself restraint. But i did really well. I kept myself busy and having taken more lunch (healthy low cal stuff) with me than i might need, I was able to completely avoid losing focus without any trouble at all. Also my friend who is not overweight helped me by not over ordering when we went out too. I followed her lead and ate these same thing at the japanese restaurant - a sushi set menu which included miso soup, 4 pieces of sushi and a tiny bit of fruit. They serve barley water with it which i love. It was quite a small meal but once i'd had a coffee at the theatre afterwards, I was satiated and enjoyed my glass of wine at intermission.

So:
W: yes good. I took water with me in the car and in the shop where i knew i'd be for a while.
E: no still at the thinking, talking, stalling stage.
E: yes good but i haven't counted calories. I think i'm not really wanting to spend too much time doing that.
D: Just felt good to get through the day without losing focus.

today i bought some indulgences for my father and his partner because it was his birthday. I did well to forego buying any for myself. Very pleased with that.

jcatron243
01-19-2014, 12:30 PM
Good Morning! Go Seahawks! (sorry to any 49er fans!) I will restrain from watching the game today BECAUSE the games I have watched this season the team has lost (2 of the 3 losses.) SO instead I am going to have my hair done. Cut, highlighted, styled! I am totally excited for this.

MM~I had a great day. Thank you!

Pattience~ Great job on taking the water with you! I have been feeling really great this past week. Its really nice after the lows from the week before!

Lunch was great. Time with the family was great! Got my nephew some much needed shirts. And the kids added to their collection of Hand sanitizers from Bath and Body Works. I got myself a shirt and a belt! DH was able to buy a sweatshirt that he has wanted for over a year but it was too small! The scale isn't doing much for him, but that sweatshirt fitting was a huge boost to him! It is definitely a reminder that we can't only use the scale to determine our losses!

W 64 oz
E 35 minute run (no time for anything else) done
E 1350 cals. (yesterday I ate 2450 :o but I did run 4.69 miles before hand)
D enjoy my mommy day! avoid the game at all costs!

soon2beskinnyCarma
01-19-2014, 04:17 PM
I worked a night shift last night so between that and my TOM hitting on Friday things are not looking too good scale wise. Hopefully tomorrow will look better scale wise. I did go out with a friend for breakfast this morning after work but then came home and slept. My steps were/are awesome today with working and I am going out for an hours walk/run in a few minutes. Just have to get my gear on and that will hopefully put me at around 16000 steps which might bring my weeks average up as I had a few 9000 and 8000 step days and I set my goal at 12000. One day I hit that one day I went to 14000.

Jeni: Happy Belated birthday, glad to hear it was so good.

Patience: The workout will happen when your ready. I started out with just diet and added walking in first but only like 3 days a week. It will come. Good job on your controlling your intake on food into town and for bringing your water with you.

Mavis: Hope all is well with you.

Mindy: great job on the running. I did some running yesterday. Still not up to a full 5 minutes of running yet. Slowly but surely I will get back there.

Kris: We need to get back on MFP posting food. I will start tomorrow. Sounds like things are getting exciting with the house.

WEED for week.
E: Going to shoot for 12000 steps a day again since I missed it this time. I need to get back to my morning workouts to jump start the day. Also will do my Piloxing/Yoga class Monday. Going to start weight training MWF again. Only one set of 8lb weights. I have a patient I will be joining.
E: blew it this week with TOM starting in. Going to stick to 1500 calories and will be back on MFP tomorrow.
D:
Progress is impossible without change, and those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything.

George Bernard Shaw

Have a great week ladies. :hug:

Pattience
01-19-2014, 06:29 PM
Jeni, i missed noticing it was your birthday. Happy Belated Birthday and my apologies for not reading more carefully.

Skinnycarma, I'm not intending to start running til my weight is quite down. I don't want to injure my knees (i've had one before though not from being too heavy. Its not worth it) or my back with all the extra weight on my joints. I don't do the gym - think its boring but walking in the countryside is great and so is cycling. Smart you doing yoga. I'd love to be doing yoga but a) its too pricey here and b) its a half hours drive away and i don't like much doing a long drive for a short thing like that. On the other hand, a friend of mine is just trying to get going as a yoga teacher and i would definitely support her. I love yoga and think its one of the greater types of fitness. We've also got a cheap tai chi class in town (30 minutes drive again) but i don't like going out in the morning. By now you must appreciate what a lazy sod i am. lol. But as you say, i will get there eventually. No pressure.

So yesterday:
W: yes but could do more. I was aware of using it when i was a little bit peckish to abstain. Its very effective that way.
E: good food. Big interesting salad at lunch and cooked an indian dish aloo gobi for dinner. Its one of my favourite indian dishes - cauliflower potato curry. Ate it with rice and not too much!
D: In town the day before i bought a lot of coloured threads to finish my garments nicely so last night i was keen to start using them. Today i have to go to work and to the doctors but i'd rather be home sewing.

jcatron243
01-20-2014, 11:41 AM
Carma~ Good job on getting in your steps. Even if you aren't hitting your goal every day! Thanks for the B-day wishes.

Pattience~ Thanks for the B-day wishes! I here you about not wanting to injure your knees. That's why I run slow and steady. I am really trying to work on my technique rather than speed.

Yesterday wasn't quite what I wanted it to be food wise. I forgot to eat before I went to get my hair done, so I was way to hungry when I got home and made poor choices. Today is a new day, I will be okay. Plus lots of working out planned. I have a run in my near future and I am considering working out while Mak is at bball practice. (or I will stay home and cook dinner, who knows.)

W 100 oz. I haven't had enough this weekend
E run 60 minutes +
E 1350 cals. clean good.
D continue my positive thinking. Smile. Be happy.

Pattience
01-20-2014, 07:08 PM
Jeni, i wasn't thinking of you and running because i don't know how much you weigh and presumed because of your picture that your weight is quite low but although its hard for me not to tell others what to do (!!) i know that each of us has to do our own thing. So continue.

If you are running for an hour, you must be getting your endorphin highs. Lucky you. I love those running highs.

W: good
E: talked about it with my doctor.
E: A bit more than i meant too I ate, it was two big mangoes and could have scoffed anything all night long but i made a choice distract myself and stick with the program after that. My weight this morning is still 76.2kg which is nothing to worry about.
D: I'm reading Bram Stoker's Dracula. Enjoying it.

soon2beskinnyCarma
01-20-2014, 10:32 PM
Class was good tonight. Abs are sore. I need to start working my abs a few days a week. 14000 steps a day. Down on water. Calories good. Hopefully scale kind in the am!

jcatron243
01-21-2014, 05:34 AM
Carma~ I'm glad your class was good!

Pattience~ I'm not at the weight I was in that picture. But I am getting close. I started running again in July, I was at 180.

Yesterday I ran 7.25 miles! (99 minutes) at 86 minutes "Eye of the Tiger" came on my Ipod. It was perfect timing. I decided to finish out 7 miles. (which was at 94 minutes) then I walked the last .25 for a cool down.

I was over on my calories yesterday by about 200, but I needed the energy after the run so I am okay with it. Water was perfect. My weight is up a bit today, but I'm not worried about that either.

W 64 oz
E 60 minute low impact at the gym.
E 1350 cals
D Have a good day at work. Ignore the negativity and stay positive.

Pattience
01-21-2014, 06:34 AM
ooh no i wouldn't do that jeni. I was 176 when i started. No way i could/would run that fat. I would prefer not to run until I'm in my healthy weight range. The ligaments of the knees take all the strain of weight bouncing up and down. Thats why even long term obese people who don't run end up with buggered knees prematurely. But i don't expect you to take too much notice of what i say.

mtiger
01-21-2014, 07:37 AM
Yesterday was hubbies birthday. we did all kinds of errands and then dinner with the family. No workout for me. I have a busy schedule this week and working out will be tough. I know I cant make it to the gym but I NEED to do something here at home. It will be later in the evening so I hope I can find motivation.

Darn scale-----188.2. Jumped over 2 pounds in one day. How the H*** does that happen??? Food?? Toast, a small turkey sandwich, some special K chips and a salad for dinner. Really??

Pattience
01-21-2014, 08:59 AM
Mindy its water. And if you are eating chips they are probably high in salt. That is one explanation. There are lots of triggers for the body to hold water. Menstruation is another one. Try not to let it get to you.

mothermavis
01-21-2014, 07:59 PM
Hey ladies. Hope all is well. Met with a trainer tonight for a weight loss challenge I joined at the Y! Tomorrow we meet with the Dietician. I'm excited!

W need to get back on track, only about 50 oz today
E Did spinning class this AM and free weights with the trainer!
E OP
D Little choices, big results

Nixmom
01-21-2014, 11:05 PM
Hey girls. Work has me spinning. Still here. Just exhausted and unable to focus. I'm here. Want you all to know I miss ya. I have an 85 page "prep" document to read for a meeting I have tomorrow. I promise I will be back. I need to be back.

:hug:

mtiger
01-22-2014, 07:41 AM
Busy week. wish I had time to workout. It will have to wait until Thursday. We are starting BL at work Th, so that will be my official weigh-in. Trying to be bathing suit ready by April. SPRING BREAK!!!!

jcatron243
01-22-2014, 12:06 PM
Hi ladies!

Pattience~ As far as running vs injuries go, I think that your body will tell you if you can't do it. (Not your brain). Starting at a slow pace for short distances will help decrease your injury risk. To me it is all about the build of up muscles and strengthening the tendons. I do think if you go from 0 activity to trying to run a 5k without training you may injure yourself. But it is all about the training. I know plenty of people that are within the "healthy weight" range that couldn't run a mile if I paid them $1000. Just because your weight is considered healthy, doesn't mean you are.

Mindy, Sorry the scale isn't being kind. Do you have something for an NSV? I have my skinny jeans that I wore when I was at my lowest weight (my avatar pic). DH's scale isn't budging either, but his sweatshirt was a huge NSV. Have you tried to go gluten free? I have heard a lot of people try this for a month and they jump start their weight loss.

MM~ I was thinking about doing a personal trainer to help me with weights. I am really shy when it comes to the free weight area at the Y. I did spinning once. I had to run a mile and a half when it was over to help loosen my muscles up! Maybe I will get in and try a class tomorrow. LOVE your D!

Kris~ Busy Busy Busy. I hope things settle down a bit so you can focus on yourself for a few minutes a day. Take MM D~ little choices, big results. Even if you can't get in a full workout or need to eat take out!

Looks like most of us are joining in a BL style contest. I'm thinking about joining another challenge at work, this one is based on % lost. I don't have much more weight that I want to lose though, maybe 10 lbs? I'm not sure.

6 MONTH MARK! In July I decided to start working out and eating healthy again. I was ashamed of the fact that I had gained 45 pounds back over the course of a few years. (after I had dropped about 60). I made a promise to myself to understand the mistakes I had made before. 135 wasn't a sustainable weight for me, 145 was a more realistic weight. In July I decided my goal was to lose 30 lbs by March 9 (Disneyland) I hit that goal in November, I pretty much Maintained that weight through the holidays. Today is my Official WI day:
July 22~180
August 22~172.8
September 22~160.8 (I am not proud of this weightloss month because I was going through a lot emotionally and not eating at all. I also didn't workout much, so I didn't earn it. But it has stayed off)
October22~150.2
November 22~149.8
December 23~151.6
January ~~~145.2~~~~ YAY! Down 6.4 pounds this month!

So now the decision to make~ Do I continue to work on losing? Maybe try to reach that 135 mark again and see if I can maintain it, Or be happy with where I am? Since I still have 7 weeks left before my Disneyland trip, I am going to continue what I am doing now. If I lose great, If not I will still be toning and being healthy.

Months goals
W~64 to100 oz depending on whether or not I am working
E~ Continue to add miles and increase my speed to my run. Work on toning my body, not just running. Work on my strength and stretching times
E~ I am sticking to 1350. I have been losing steadily eating this, and I don't want to cut back to much. (I know there have been days above and below, but this is my current goal)
D~ Continue to work on my mood swings and trust issues. Stay positive with my body.

Today:
W 100 oz
E 60 minute run today. Strength and stretching
E 1350.
D Be happy.

Pattience
01-23-2014, 12:17 AM
Yesterday went fine. But i cut my finger and it hurts to type and i make a lot of mistakes. Its my third right finger.

So quickly
W: Yes
E: yes very good
D: all good

Jeni, I wasn't particularly clear on the running. Of course i could do it if i wanted to and of course i couldn't run 5kg straight off. Usually when i do start running again, i start by walking about 10 km for a few weeks until i feel fit enough to start running. I do it every second day. I can get up to 5km in no time this way. And of course i jog slowly. I did discover that its sustainable for me to try to do fitness every day. Every second day seems to work quite well. Fitness takes too much time if doing every day and i always lose interest after a while. Hence why i prefer to combine something else with it if possible.

BEfore when i said i couldn't i meant, it doesn't feel at all good, though no pain, to start running on this weight. I'd much prefer to walk. But I'm fairly bored with walking at the moment. Im into sewing alas it doesn't burn many calories or build fitness.

Had a chat with a woman at work about joining netball which i used to play as a teenager, but she told me it was on the same night as my choir. A team sport like that would be good for me. An easy way to stay motivated when there are other dimensions to the activity. I mean i loved zumba but i have motivation troubles with it. I'm just lazy. lol

Dance is another think i would like to consider if it had a social dimension. I am a shocking dancer though.

mothermavis
01-23-2014, 08:24 AM
First weigh in at the Y, I was down 1.2!!

So far, so good. It'll take a bit to get everything moving together. Have way upped my exercise and they have me eating differently, so it'll take a few weeks to get all moving (also got to meet with a dietician yesterday) :carrot:

I have a plan, so happy to have one too! Logging everything into myfitnesspal is something I am working on!

On a sad note, the fabulous time that has been both kids at home is coming to an end. ;( Makes me sad. Today, YS GF comes to stay for a couple and Saturday or Sunday they go back to school. They have not decided for sure which day. Next weekend OS leaves to go home as well. On a good note, I've been able to have 2 weeks with both of them, so it's good! I guess the up side is when they leave, I will have even more time to workout!

YS is only 100 miles or so, so I can see him for dinner every couple weeks, but OS is 2000 miles away, so that has to be planned.

Ah well, enjoy what I have.

Jeni, I really liked the trainer, 11 weeks of training is part of my contest, and 8 more weeks of the dietician too! Free weights intimidate me too, hoping to change that! I love your D as well, be happy girl.

Kris, girl, you know I adore you, but life is not going to give you time to take care of you, you need to take it. If you don't take care of you, you won't have the energy to care for the rest of them.

Mindy, Dietician gave me 1200 calories to work with. Think we are about the same height and age? I am 47 and 5'3"

W 100
E Today is my rest day for this week.
E POP, we are going to TGIFriday when we go pick up the GF. Dragonfire Salmon
D Same D, little choices, big results!

jcatron243
01-23-2014, 10:35 AM
MM~YAY!!! Congrats on the loss! My Y has a similar program, It started as a high school girls senior project about 6 years ago. It was so hugely popular with such an amazing outcome, they continue to do it. Your dietician has you at 1200 calories? You can do it! Sorry your kiddos are heading back to the real world.

Pattience~ Sorry about your finger that really sucks.

Last night was Mak's last basketball game at the Y! They finally won! Mak did so great she got three baskets and 2 free throws! She scored 8 of the 19 points! Now she is playing for the school, different coach, different teams! Tommy starts on Feb 24! Hurray for sports!

I have to say that the scale was completely nice to me today (of course yesterdays official weigh in stands.

W 80 oz
E 60 minute run/ 5 minute abs/5 minute arms/5 minute legs/ plank challenge day 2
E 1350 cals.
D Get my stuff done!

Pattience
01-23-2014, 09:16 PM
Finger is still giving trouble so typing is to a minimum because it hurts so much to type.

WEED is all good.

Found a missing duck today. Good no little yellow surprises from her to come. I am quite sad about all my ducks at the moment.

Back to sewing work. Loveing it.

had a chat with a work person about netball yesterday. I would have done it but its on the same day as choir alas.

jcatron243
01-24-2014, 05:27 AM
Workday:

W 64 oz
E 10 minute strength and abs/ 60 minute cardio
E 1350
D ignore the negativity, remain the positive person I am!

Pattience
01-24-2014, 09:55 PM
Yesterday i did some gardening and my scales have gone down today from the effort. 75.8kg which is about 167.11 pounds

W
E
E
D Will be good. Its good so far and to be honest i am not having any issues with my diet at all. I don't mind that the scale is slow to move. Its more important at this stage that i am stable in my eating habits and eating nutritious food. NOt wanting to binge or eat junk of any sort. I'm still drinking water, eating well and thinking about exercise. And sewing.

I thought i'd share my yummy lunch salads with you. As a vego, i cant have slices of chicken and such. Instead using beans and lentils is a low fat way for me to get some protein. Now i use 1/2 cup of beans or lentils of some variety as the base of my salad + 2-3 vegetables diced or grated, approximatey 1/2 cup each and depends on what i've got in the fridge + dressing of 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar and if i've got lemon i put that in too + because they are so tasty, and nutritious, 5 walnut halves (or other nuts if i didn't have walnuts/tbsp of seeds). The onion and garlic are extra and on whim.

I now keep a jar of finely chopped onion in the fridge so i can use onion more often. I don't like much raw onion but its adds oomph to my salad if i use a little.

This is today's salad.It makes about two cups and is yummy and filling and nutritious.

1/2 cup canned chickpeas
1 tomato diced
1 small carrot grated (beetroot is also good)
1/2 cup bean sprouts
1tbsp finely diced onion
1 clove garlic
1tsp olive oil
dash of balsamic vinegar
squeeze of half a lemon because i have them
black papper and pinch of salt.
5 half walnuts broken into smaller bits.

Makes about two cups so its filling, satisfying and nutritious.
Pattience is online now Report Post

Jeni, in the end everybody does things according to what suits them best. I am not sure if you are referring to me about what i said about running when overweight but you are in a healthy weight range you've got nothing to worry about anyway. I'm not there yet.

Ok make a coffee and back to my sewing room. Have a good day everyone.

mothermavis
01-24-2014, 11:16 PM
That salad sounds delicious!

jcatron243
01-25-2014, 05:31 AM
Pattience~ That salad does sound good. I'm not worried about myself running at all.

I got in a good workout with DH last night. I love working out with him. He is the only person that I can agree to go to the gym with, normally I like working out alone.

W 64 oz
E 35 minute run
E 1350 cals
D positive thinking always wins! Don't let my thoughts bring me down.

jcatron243
01-26-2014, 05:33 AM
I ended up giving my body a break last night. It was very needed. Today I already feel so much better!

W 64 oz
E 35 minute run
E 1350
D be positive

jcatron243
01-26-2014, 05:35 AM
Editing this posted twice!

mothermavis
01-26-2014, 06:20 AM
Jeni, yay for rest days! I took one yesterday too. It was snowing and blowing and there were accidents all over. DH asked me to reconsider my plans to go the Y, He works out in it, so I figured he knows more about that than I. I planned to use my treadmilll, but I just lazed instead, Today, I'll jump on the dreadmill after the kids leave. I also cleaned out the downstairs bedroom where the boys had their weight bench and I have room yo use that again

(On a good note, that weather meant YS put off leaving until today! So I got one more evening with he and his girl!)

Pattience, your talk about your sewing inspired me to pick up my crocheting again! Worked on a scarf yesterday. On a good note, I can't eat and crochet at the same time!

W 100, did not make this yesterday, push today!
E Dreadmill and weight training, both home
E POP, 1200 calories, focus on fiber and whole foods to fill me up (1245 yesterday) even with a delish small brownie!
D Stay the course, looked at a weight calculator on line. If I stick with my plan, I'll be at 115 for Christmas.

Pattience
01-26-2014, 09:16 AM
Mavis, i'm glad you got inspired to crochet. I'm not much at that sort of thing but i would quite like to take up knitting and incorporate it into my clothes or business at some point. It might take me a year or two though. lol. So much to do.

Jeni, a rest day is good. Give the body a chance to repair muscle damage.

Today:
I got up late and didn't get so much work done. I'm reading Dracula which i'm really loving believe it or not. I always avoid dracula and other horror movies. I don't like fantasy books but i've got into this and its great.

W: trying to remember to drink water
E: I actually did maybe about 45 minutes mowing today which at my place is quite strenuous work. Its hot so do get up a sweat at least.
E: good. Wine today instead of fruit salad before dinner. I've decided i can do one or the other. And maybe its good to alternate my days though i do like to eat fruit every day. I"m just eating so many veggies at the moment.
D: I really don't know if people are going to like my first garment going on sale. I think it could be better but the cotton print fabric is so lovely, its just such a pleasure to sew as i have a variety of prints to work with. And i'm not just sewing the same fabric over and over which would be hard. And so i am not going to bother stressing if my first garment is does not sell well. I will wear them as i like them.

so i think i've only got two ducks left. This is a tragedy. They will be so lonely and more vulnerable. I don't know what happened to all the other female ducks. They've all gone quite suddenly. Someone suggested it might be a dingo, and not a snake.

Pattience
01-27-2014, 04:38 AM
Today was a bit different

W: yes
E: brushcrutting the long grass in the garden for about 40 minutes. Very sweaty
E: good Just two meals today as i got up late and don't want to eat later at night. I hope i can go ok tonight.
D: everything going fine today.

jcatron243
01-27-2014, 05:29 AM
After the day at work I had yesterday, there was no way I could run. :( I will get to my workout tonight though!

W 64 oz
E 60 minutes
E 1300 cals cutting back 50
D get my water in. don't stress.

mothermavis
01-27-2014, 08:57 PM
Pattience, sounds like a good and busy day!

Jeni, hope today is a better day!

W 100
E Body sculpt class
E 1214 calories
D Keep on making the best choices I can

mothermavis
01-28-2014, 05:27 AM
Today is busy for me!
Spinning at the Y this am and meeting with the trainer for my challenge for pool work at 5! Double day (weigh in tomorrow, so I am hoping for a great week!)

W 100
E see above!
E POP
D Making a healthier me!

soon2beskinnyCarma
01-28-2014, 08:36 AM
Hi guys, Sorry I have delayed posting. I got into reading a book and snuggled up in bed all day Saturday and Sunday. Read one old school and one on my IPAD. I read the Runaway Quilter by Jenifer Chevarini(spelling is probably off) Going to pick up another one of hers today at the library. The IPAD book was Janet Evanovitch's latest book. I just love the Stephanie plum books. Her last few haven't been as funny but this one had a few good parts that made me lol.
Off today, errands going to shoot for 18000 steps today as I am off and should be able to get a few workouts in although it is going to be cold. 12 degrees not including wind chill.
WEED for week
E: 12000 steps goal each day. Already did my Piloxing/yoga class for the week.
E: Really trying to stick to the goal. I have been bad on food lately. 1500 calorie. Not eating any of my exercise calories.
D:No matter how slow you go your still lapping everyone on the couch.

jcatron243
01-28-2014, 11:17 AM
Good morning everyone!

Didn't workout at all this weekend :( Yesterday either. I got on the treadmill, but I couldn't work the kink out of my calf so I stopped. I could have gone to the Y for a low impact workout, but I just wasn't feeling it.

I'm ready for my workout today! But I am starting to catch a cold. I am going to dose myself with Vitamin C and Zinc, Green tea, and Lemon water!!

W LOTS!
E I want to run 100 minutes, but I have to let my body tell me when to stop
E 1300 cals.
D Do not continue to let this mid cycle crap get the best of me!

soon2beskinnyCarma
01-28-2014, 12:57 PM
Feel better Jennifer
Mavis you are an inspiration to me with your workouts
Patience that salad sounded yum
Mtiger: hope all is well
Kris: hope your managing to control your work stress! Hugs.

jcatron243
01-28-2014, 01:36 PM
I have to pop in to say yay! I got in 105 minutes! I ran 8.32 miles!!! Personal best. My treadmill shut off at 100 minutes (8.07 miles) So I walked 5 minutes to cool down. I guess I am going to have to get over my fear/embarrassment of running outside if I am going to continue to add miles to my runs.

2 weeks ago 6.5 miles in 97 minutes
1 week ago 7.25 in 99 minutes
today 8.32 in 105 minutes.

I guess my training method is actually working!

soon2beskinnyCarma
01-28-2014, 03:46 PM
Great Job Jeni. I am already at 13000 steps so pretty happy myself but not 8.32 miles happy. :)

soon2beskinnyCarma
01-28-2014, 09:36 PM
18,722 steps, food 1656 calories. water 100oz. MFP said that if I did this every day for 5 weeks I will be 200lbs. Just the motivation I need. I was 213.2 this am. 210 here I come.

Nixmom
01-29-2014, 01:05 AM
Hi Chicks -

I'm off work Thursday and will catch up, I promise.

Carma - work stress is leveling out. New house stress is ramping up. :dizzy:

Miss you girls. I promise this is not a flake out moment. I will be back full on very shortly!

Be good to you!

Pattience
01-29-2014, 05:03 AM
Jeni, I'll refrain from giving your treatment advice and just wish you rapid recovery.

Nix: wishing you stress relief soon. I hate stress and i've also seen how it is with building a house if that's what you are doing. My sister just finished building a house and i watched it for several years in process.

carma i based my calorie numbers on what MFP said and so far its working, though i am not fixated on the actual timing, just that my weight keeps going down doing what i'm doing. So i hope you find it works well for you too.

Jeni, i not sure why you would be embarrassed at running public. I used to run where a lot of people run and seen everything. No one cares. And anyone who would make a negative comment (which i never saw happen) isn't worth it. But i did notice how much motivation i got from running in a group. And i allowed myself to do that when i was completely unfit and so floppy i wouldn't wear shorts to run in. I actually wore a skirt! You are a much more fit and thin than i was when i started. No doubt some people thought i shouldn't be doing it but frankly i didn't care. I wasn't there to make friends really. But i learnt some good running tips and got quite a lot out of it. Actually we ran together and sometimes had short duathlon races (i.e. in the pool as well) amongst ourselves, but it was a triathlon group. I always had someone to run with. Before i injured my knee, i had run my first triathlon and actually did quite ok.

Mavis, what actually is spinning. I think i've been told but can't remember.

I didn't post my weed yesterday but i have been good. Resolve and willpower are not an issue at the moment at all. Everything is so good and so easy.

W All good.
E Wanted to do more heavy garden duty yesterday but it rained and so i couldn't.
E all good.
D. I got another fabric parcel today which is exciting. I found a sewing forum recently that is pushing me in what may be the right direction. God i love working for myself. Not that i have begun my shop yet so there's still the test of whether anyone will buy my stuff to come.

jcatron243
01-29-2014, 05:29 AM
Morning All!

Last night was crazy, with Mak's BBall game (with the school). and cooking class!

Working again today:
W 64 oz
E try for a 35 minute run after work. We will see my energy level.
E 1300 cals. I ate more yesterday because of my run.
D Stay positive.

mtiger
01-29-2014, 07:42 AM
Well I am here. Our computer died and we just got a new one. It is weird getting used to. Had to hunt and find our group. I found ya!!!

Weather is FREEZING here. Well below zero everyday. They cancelled school yesterday but we are on for today. I did a Jillian DVD yesterday and have some sore legs to show for it. No movement on the scale. It just won't give it up. Today I am off to the gym. Going to run like Jeni.... I either do 30 min. and see how far I get, or do a 5k and see how fast I can go. Maybe I need to amp it up.

Jeni- Do you run the whole time or walk some?? You get outside when you can. No Tink for you unless you run with people. Just sayin.

Kris- Make yourself priority one. You know this.

MM- Glad you could enjoy the boys. 1200?? My Fitbit tells me something different everyday based on my activity. Usually it tells me a high number that seems ridiculous. 53, 5'5", 185.8, menopausal, can't lose a d*** thing.So frustrated.

mothermavis
01-29-2014, 09:12 AM
Good morning!

Mindy, 1200 is what they gave me. She went back and forth between 1200 and 1400 before she decided, but I am small framed, so they went to the 1200 and it's working!! I am using my fitness pal, it helps alot to keep track of it. Gotta take the older son to the airport this weekend, but its been so awesome to have them both here!

Jeni, 8.32 miles. You. Are. Awesome. :carrot: Cooking class always sounds fun.

Pattience, spinning is a cycling class inside. It was -10 when I left here this AM, so I am awfully glad it was inside!

Carma, that's alot of steps!! Good for you!

Kris, I miss you! Hope you are back soon!

W 100
E Body sculpt already done this morning!
E Meet with the Dietician again today! Logging all my calories and staying within!
D Relaxing with the boy, packing some things he wants to take home

soon2beskinnyCarma
01-29-2014, 10:13 PM
Okay Weed for today so completed.
E: 17147 steps. 40 stairs. (the uphill walk counts towards stairs) 10 stair wussy pushups. 10 tricep dips. 10 cross arm crunches, 10 straight arm crunches. 15 flutter kicks. 15 bicycle. plank for 30 seconds and then 15 seconds (done on my elbows harder for me.)
E:1541 ish. Couldn't find an exact on the pizza I had so I am approximating. Hopefully I am okay for calories. I gave myself a 180 calorie cushion.
D: You've got to say, I think that if I keep working at this and want it bad enough I can have it. It's called perseverance.

And that my friends is why I weighed in at 212.4 this am. Booyah.

soon2beskinnyCarma
01-29-2014, 10:25 PM
Kris: :hug: hope the craziness settles soon.

Patience: I find if I stick to MFP I do well. It's when I go a month and don't record my food and also don't exercise that I gain 15lbs back. Still so annoyed. Glad the fabric made you happy. I never got the hang of sewing so I totally admire what you do. Also glad that you found a sewing forum to bounce ideas off of.

Mindy: Stay warm, sounds like you have it worse than us. Is it one of those touch screen computers? My husband got one like that. I try and stick with MFP goals of food and whatever my fitbit tells me I figure is bonus exercise calories that I won't eat. Do you want to be fit bit buddies. I am carmaoks at aol

Mother: One of these days I will give a spin class a try. I hear that there is one in a town not to far from me. Good for you meeting with the dietician. I keep saying I should go see a personal trainer. I heard about some weight loss bet thing you can do to make money on your weight loss. I will have to research later this week. They said they put a link on this show better Connecticut's website.

I have completed day 3 of staying on point with some begging that my husband not make a coconut custard pie. My co-worker sends me texts letting me know how much exercise he has done which has helped motivate me. Little nervous of the super bowl party we have been invited to.

Night all.

jcatron243
01-30-2014, 05:37 AM
Mindy~ I walk the first .25 mile and the last .25 mile. I won't run outside probably until this summer. Even though we have had a few nice days lately.

MM~glad your 1200 cals is working! Not to mention getting to your classes!

Carma~Great job!!!

MID CYCLE CRAVINGS SUCK! Ok I have controlled them for the most part but man, I haven't been like this in a while! We are changing our carb day to Sunday again this week (Superbowl). We are having a few people over, normal superbowl foods, so I have to be extra good and get in a good run before they get here.

Work is catering today for lunch ~Taco Salad YAY!
W 64 oz
E Hoping to run or hit the gym. I am having a rough time getting it done after work these days
E 1300 cals
D Last day of work, be happy , control the controllable!

mtiger
01-30-2014, 07:50 AM
Carma- I will check into how that is done. I have no buddies yet. That would be fun.

Jeni- you go girl. At what speed are you running. I watched some tall, lanky, skinny thing running last night at 7.5. I would die. I am short and overweight. All I can manage is 5.5 for a little bit, but vary between 4.5 and 5 usually.

That being said....I ran (with a few walk intervals) 3.5 miles in 45 min. then walked a bit. Scale????Poop on it. It WILL NOT budge. I am at a loss. Is it exercise??? Calories??? No clue.

mothermavis
01-30-2014, 01:06 PM
Jeni & Carma, I've been thinking about my Super Bowl plan too. Have to take the OS to the airport and then the YS back to school (we are going thru the town where he goes to school on our way to the airport, so I am going to take him with me). Will be a tough day, so need to focus on not eating emotionally.

I will be home in time to watch the game with DH, we are going to have shrimp cocktail, fresh fruit platter, and boneless wings with blue cheese and celery (and a couple of beers)

I would love MFP friends! Let me know your names if you want so I can add you! or I will PM you mine!

W 100
E Ran on my dreadmill today, have not been running as much with all the classes, need to keep that it my routine. Went back to Week 2 day 2 and upped my running speed to 6.5. Going to keep doing the classes at the Y and the running at home. (I need to keep my gym time to the AM, works much better for me)
E POP, keep logging in MFP
D Look at the positives, kids are doing well. I can go visit!

Pattience
01-30-2014, 04:18 PM
Jeni: I wasn't sure from your comment if cooking class was great or a test for your diet. HOping it was the former.

Tiger: I don't envy you the cold. I don't think i could even contemplate a diet in freezing weather like that. Although its probably completely warm inside so I don't know.

Mavis: ah of course. Why didn't i know that already?

Carma: If i food diarise that works for me. I guess it doesn't matter too much how you keep track of what's going in, so long as you do it and an can make a fair assessment of the calorie content. Yes its perseverance. I called myself patience here and persistence on my sewing forum. Two qualities that are not second nature to me and i have to try to be conscious of.

Yesterday i posted my first mini goal in the forum. I don't know if i mentioned it here but i am now down below 75kg which is a loss of about 11 pounds since the beginning of january. I know it always comes off really fast in the first month so i don't expect it to continue at that speed by any means.

W all good
E planted some plants which included lugging about a heavy wheelbarrow. not sure i worked up a puff but must have used a few more calories than on other days.
E Good, though i made a pasta dish with cream in it last night. The night before i made a most disgusting fish soup. Had to throw it out yesterday. What a waste of food. Luckily i didn't pay for the fish heads.
D Getting bored seeing up my first design which i've done more than 15 times so far and have more to do. Its because i am putting it in different prints that i have to do so many. can't wait to move on to my next design and get to the market to see how they go as well.

We almost had a cyclone come our way but as often happens it went south and missed us. Its only a small one and the farmers are hopeful it will bring rain for them.

Pattience
01-30-2014, 04:24 PM
Mavis i don't do mfp friends. I am on enough forums as it is. They are taking up a lot of my time. Do you like it so you can see what each other is eating? I log my food in a diary in the vegetarian section.

Tiger: I got in trouble on the sewing forum for using the word skinny. Can you imagine being offended by that? Even if you are skinny and don't like it. Its hardly offensive. It was a general comment as well, not directed to anyone. To me its like saying referring to rich people is an insult. I didn't think to say that at the time though.

soon2beskinnyCarma
01-30-2014, 09:30 PM
Mavis I am coks1130 but I also think you can find it by email. Which I added above for Mtiger for the fit bit buddy thing. Sounds like you have a good plan for super bowl. I am going to my friend from nursing schools house. I plan to bring a big bottle of water with me. My sister in law is making Kahlua pork and wings. There apparently will be veggies. I will probably bring shrimp cocktail. I will also try to have only small lunch and have a late bigger breakfast. Oh and I fully plan on getting a good work out. I found a girl on you tube called cafémom. She has a cardio workout which included jump squats, I did 10 and did some imaginary jump rope for about a minute. I gave up when she went side to side. I will probably try it again on Saturday.
Jeni: I hear you on the cravings that was me last week and the week before.
Patience: Great job on the 11pounds. That is awesome. I will be happy if I am down 3lbs as I was bad most of January.
Mtiger: Good job on the run. I need to get back into running. So far I have only gone a half a mile. I think I need to get back onto the C25K and have the drill sergeant yell at me. lol.
Kris: Hope all is well.

soon2beskinnyCarma
01-30-2014, 09:51 PM
Forgot my WEED progress for today.
W 108 oz
E 17011 steps, 22 flights of stairs. 12 stair push ups no plank, no yoga. did do 2 sets of 8 lb weights at work with the patients. 11 exercises.
E: slightly over 1868 calories. Fit bit tells me I could still eat 544 calories so I think I am good with exercise.
D: Those who think they have not time for bodily exercise will sooner or later have to find time for illness.
– Edward Stanley
WEED plan for tomorrow
E: Going to shoot for 18000 steps. Will depend on how my eye doctors appointment goes and how early I drag myself out of bed in the am. I will be happy with 12000 however.
E: 1700 calories goal.
D: To feel 'fit as a fiddle', you must tone down your middle.
-unknown
Good night all.

mothermavis
01-31-2014, 05:36 AM
Happy Friday!
W 100
E On my way to the Y (it's 5:30 AM so I have about 10 minutes til I leave)
E Stepper or elliptical today
D Celebrate what you have, don't dwell on what you do not.

mtiger
01-31-2014, 07:35 AM
What is a girl to do when she gains weight after doing "Cardio Max, BL"? Just nothing is working here. I will go back to the gym tonight and hit the treadmill. Long, short, fast, slow pace??? Who knows?? and does it really matter??

Maybe I should just have the last 30 pounds surgically removed.

jcatron243
01-31-2014, 01:13 PM
Mindy~Speed~ I start with a quarter mile 3.5 walk. Then I run a quarter at 4.1 then I push it up .2 every quarter mile until I hit point where my body says no more~then I stay there until I get in my 3.1 (right now its about 5.4)~ then I back down until I am comfortable. This is for my 60 minute runs. I also set my incline at 1.5 for 30 minutes and then I back it off to 1.0. I back off to .5 on my long run days. I think it averages 12:37 right now.

Pattience~ cooking class is for my kids. this week they made cupcakes. MMMMMMM but only enough for the class, not the parents.

MM~I used to run 6.0 on my runs, but it killed my feet so bad that I don't know If I will ever get back to that speed.

Carma~loving your D's!

W 80 oz! I am failing at this. I need water!
E ran 45 minutes today 3.56 miles. I set the incline to 2.0 today then backed it to 1.5 after 20 minutes and 1.0 at the 30 minute mark. I also warmed up by doing a 3 minute walk 2 minutes at 4.5 then straight to 5.2. My stamina didn't hold like I was hoping it would, but it will be better tomorrow.
E 1300 cals
D stop being cranky! but I would rather be cranky than depressed (damn pms!)

Pattience
01-31-2014, 04:25 PM
Mindy, There's obviously an imbalance between your exercise and your food intake. I think you don't need to exercise harder, or more, (which could cause extra stress and failure) although i do think walking is a good type of exercise. You need to reconsider your calories count and your diet. Don't try estimate the calories you are burning with exercise. Rather Include them in your calculations only as a general term light, intense etc type of exercise. And go for underestimation rather than over estimation. And don't try to eat 1200 calories a day. Eat more.

It seems to me a lot of people get caught in a vicious cycle of exercising more and more in a panic to lose the weight that doesn't appear to be shifting. When it is much easier and more effective to adjust your food intake. Did you use the MFP to determine your calorie loading?

I have never had the problem of plateauing. Whether i am on my bike all day long (when on tour) or doing nothing much as now, i have always been able to lose steadily just by having the right balance between in and out calories.

soon2beskinnyCarma
01-31-2014, 10:46 PM
Quick weed post then bed. I watched 42 with my DH and DS what a good movie.
W: 96 oz
E: Hit my 12000 steps.
E: Fail I ate like 2200 calories.
D: "If at first you don't succeed, try, try again." --Edward Hickson, "Moral Song"

mothermavis
02-01-2014, 08:24 AM
Morning all!

Irritated! I went to dinner with hubby and son. Stuck with my food plan and I think to my calories as well (Fish, broiled no breading, sauteed veggies and salad and I was up a full pound this AM! Boo! ( I did have 2 glasses on Pinot though) Thinking it's just one of those things because my food was fine! Oh well, going to drink lost of water and running later, I am sure it will take care of itself!

Today is my last full day with my son, Tomorrow, I take him to the airport. He is ready, I am not. I can't complain too much, I've had him here for 3 weeks and 2 of them his brother was here too. ♥ My whole heart in the house.

The only good part of taking him to the airport is I have no excuses to not focus entirely on my challenge at the gym. Hubby is supportive, and it doesn't effect him anyway because I leave when he does in the AM and work out before work. I still get home at the same time most nights, although Tuesday I meet with the trainer in the evening and Wednesday with the dietician. So, let's say most nights!

Mindy, no kidding, I have thought of surgery too! I seriously have not ruled it out. I am absolutely thinking I may need to get some skin removed when I get to goal. Have you ever met with a nutritionist or dietician? I am finding that really helpful!

Carma, I love that movie too!

Jeni, You rock! Sounds like a great workout!

Kris, get back here!!!!!!!!!! We miss you!

Pattience, Hope all is well!!

W 100
E The previously mentioned run and it is a weight day!
E OP
D Treasure today, it won't come again. Tomorrow or the next time is always a little different. (And I won't see my son for at least a few months)

soon2beskinnyCarma
02-01-2014, 10:32 AM
Mindy: Are you also checking salt content? I am just curious if you are having hidden sodium. Are you only having a portion size of the food. I go back to measuring again if I am gaining for no obvious reason. Also are you eating all the fitbit calories it tells you? I am trying to stick to the MFP calories unless my fitbit calories are like 1000 more and then I may eat some back. I have found at this point in my weightloss I have to have a either a 500 calorie deficit in my diet or 500 calories of constant exercise that I don't eat.
Mavis: Did you make sure to tell the waiter not to add salt to your fish and vegetables? I am finding that there is so much hidden sodium. For instance did you know that a baked potato you make at home has only 105mg of sodium but most restaurants soak the potato in a salt brine and that adds 500 mg of sodium. It has gotten to the point that if I am out at a restaurant I tell them I am on a low salt diet and ask for no added salt to the food. If I am having a fish I ask for a lemon wedge on the side. Sorry to hear that your son is leaving you tomorrow.
Jeni: Glad you are liking my D's. Is the kids cooking class a community thing or are they going to a program for it at a chain? My daughter's conservation and caring club will be starting growing a garden in the spring. I am hoping that inspires her to eat more vegetables.
Patience: How goes the sewing? Any new designs? Have you finished Dracula?
Kris :We miss you. Hope all is well.

soon2beskinnyCarma
02-01-2014, 10:53 AM
As for me I was up slightly on the scale to 212.4. I am home with the kids and running errands this morning. I plan on going out for a 1 hr walk/run this am and since it is 1043 and I am just getting to my breakfast now. Going Mexican with EL Monterey's Breakfast tostito's served over a bed of lettuce with one pack of wholly guacamole and a tablespoon of salsa with a 1/2 tbsp of sour cream.
We have a mass for my Mother in law this afternoon at 4pm and a 60th birthday party for a cousin tonight. It's at a Chinese restaurant so I am going to try to do low sodium for lunch which will be around 2:30. I also plan to only eat around 300 calories. Going to stick to more veggies, less noodles and meat at the restaurant. Hopefully I won't see a high sodium gain in the am. I am already half way through my first liter of water this morning.
Have a great weekend guys.

Pattience
02-01-2014, 07:05 PM
Carma, No i haven't finished dracula. Been too busy sewing. Its getting a bit less exciting than in the beginning but i still like it and will finish it. ….Some new designs half made but i'm focusing on just getting my basics ready for the first market in March. I've got 1-2 tunic dress designs in print and will have matching black or white palazzo pants, capri pants, above the knee pants and mid thigh shorts. Eventually mini skirts and others. I want to cater to everyone's preferences in that regard. My tunics look well with something like that worn with as i don't think too many will want to wear it as a dress, though they can. I raid the fashion designer runway pages for ideas. I got this lovely one to work on: http://turnyourfacetothesun.tumblr.com/post/49845561097/stella-mccartney-resort-2011 Though its probably only good for flat chested people. and maybe skinny girls. But i will be able to wear it when i'm skinny soon!

I was going to show you another one, a yoke dress, i call it, but i couldn't see the web page address anywhere so couldn't make a link. That one inspired by a second hand dress from a shop. Saw it on a chinese small. Stunning!

What about you - have started crocheting yet? I had the thought that i would like to include some knit things on my stall too as most customers come up from colder climates in the middle of winter but first things first and sticking with sewn cottons for now.

I agree with you about salt possibility for Mavis. But also its only one day and i don't worry about fluctuating weight if its its only one day and i know what i'm eating is right.

I don't really worry about how much salt i eat, when i go out. I know the gain on the scale relates to it and its not fat. And it won't stay. Japanese food makes an amazing difference to the scales the following day but i doubt there is too much calorie in it.

Now i can't see or remember earlier posts so have to go back and check again and post again. … Ah there weren't other comments since my last.

Yesterday:
W: Good
E : going to detail my gardening now. I repotted some mulberry cuttings and planted out some pawpaws. Quite a physical the lot of it. Pushing wheelbarrows of dirt about our property.
E: yummy fried rice last night.
D.: I wish i could think of something inspiring or goal oriented. I use 43things for achieving goals. I like that site. And i've achieved a lot of goals because of it.

Nixmom
02-02-2014, 01:09 AM
I'm here girls!

In San Diego last night to see George Strait and Miranda Lambert. AWESOME Seats, and a great night. I'm glad to be home and ready to be back here.

Superbowl tomorrow. I plan to sit on the couch and relax. Monday is back to a structured attempt to shake the weight. I will be here to catch up too.

Miss you girls!

MINDY - DO NOT GIVE UP.

Love ya ladies!

Till tomorrow.

Kris

mtiger
02-02-2014, 10:56 AM
Kris- THANKS...I needed that!!

Jeni- We are doing about the same thing. I just don't go for an hour. 30-45 min. max. My last run Friday was a good one. Under 12 minutes per mile.

The whole exercise/food thing has me baffled. When I work out Fitbit wants me to eat tons of calories...which I don't. Then if I am having a lazy day (like yesterday) it may tell me to eat like 900. I just don't know what to try since nothing seems to work.

MM- Maybe a nutritionist is in order. I have even thought about going back to Medical Weight Loss. So confused and disappointed.

soon2beskinnyCarma
02-02-2014, 12:25 PM
Well all my plans for eating high vegetable low protein/carb last night were blown by the buffet of
Chicken fingers
Teriyaki Beef
Crab Rangoon
Sweet an sour chicken(was actually just chicken sauce and pineapple)
Pork fried rice
Lo Mein

Not a vegetable in site. However pleased to announce that it was either my later weigh in this morning or all my Water I drank. 116oz. The fact that I left 1000 calories still in my meal plan for dinner, or the exercise that I did the scale was 212.0 this morning. :woohoo:

WEED for today
W: Going to shoot for 116, may only get 100oz
E: Going out for a Run/walk for 60-90 minutes.
E: Going in with a game plan. I still have around 300 calories left for the day for mystery food. Having a salad prior to grocery shopping and the super bowl party.
D:“Bigger snacks mean bigger slacks.” ~Unknown

soon2beskinnyCarma
02-02-2014, 12:36 PM
Mindy: I agree with the Nutritionist. Sometimes It just takes having an outside person look at what your eating. I am thinking about going to a personal trainer to get my weight lifting jump started. If I fork out money I should be able to do it and if I do it for a month.

Patience: I love the look of that tunic, but agree with you that it wouldn't work for a large busted girl which I will always be unless I get drastic surgery to reduce them. Haven't started crocheting/knitting yet. I need to take a class I think. I am not one of those self taught people. Although I suppose I could always look it up on you tube. I will have to check out 43 things.

Kris: glad your back. That sounds like it would be a good concert.

Mother: Hope you enjoyed your visit with your son. :hug: on bring him back to the airport.

Jeni: :wave:

Nixmom
02-02-2014, 10:48 PM
Ladies,

I just typed a post for 30 minutes and lovely new dog layed his head on my keyboard, erasing it all. Unbelievable.

I'll be back to try again tomorrow. Sheesh.

Kris

Pattience
02-03-2014, 06:01 AM
Sorry i posted this before but addressed it to mindy instead of Tiger. Maybe tiger didn't read it but i think you might have ignored it. Obviously fitbit isn't doing it for you because you are not doing what it tells you anyway. I think though that if you did what it said, you might make some progress, though 900 calories even if you are doing nothing is much too low for you. Its too low for anyone. Its ridiculous.

You will lose weight if you are starving yourself. But it will catch up with you sooner rather than later.

Here's a good analogy of what's going wrong with your diet though. A pilot in his plane is taught to fly by his instruments and not what he feels is right. Ok most of the time in the day you can see where you are and you know which is up and which is down but when you are in cloud or its night and pitch dark, you can become disoriented and not know which way is up or down. Last year we lost a couple of well known and respected journalists when this happened to them in a helicopter on a dark night. They couldn't see anything at all and didn't bother to take notice of their instruments but went with what they felt was right. They are dead now. Sadly. They flew straight into the ground.

So the moral is, if you've got a plan or been given a plan you have to follow it otherwise you don't know where you are and you can crash which is what you've done.

I think you are a bit at sea and not following your plan properly because you don't understand the fundamentals very well. I would recommend reading some nutrition books so that you can understand where the calories are, why you need them , how many you need and why you need more when you do a lot of physical activity. People these days even recommending eating some protein and carb foods as soon as possible after an intense workout. It makes when you understand why and the gym people should be able to explain it to you.

mtiger
02-03-2014, 07:35 AM
Chatted with a trainer yesterday at the gym. We are going to meet and see what we can come up with. Hope this works.

jcatron243
02-03-2014, 09:55 AM
SKITTLE HANGOVER! The SEAHAWKS WON! Okay, the Superbowl party would have been perfect if not for the dang skittles. I had one small slice of pizza, lots of veggies, and some meat and cheeses. I had a couple of sodas, but two really big waters as well!

Okay, This weekend wasn't that great for me. No working out. Either day, so I may postpone my long run to Thursday. But I am going to get on and go. This week I am going to focus my calories on fruits and veggies.

W 100 oz
E as long as my brain takes it! My plan was to shoot for 9 miles today.
E 1200 cals. Make it clean!
D enjoy my day alone today.

Sorry I don't have time for personals this morning ladies, but Mindy~I'm glad you got in to see a trainer, maybe they will help you out! I think seeing a nutritionist is always a good idea!

Carma :woohoo:

mothermavis
02-03-2014, 10:25 AM
Morning all!

Everyone is gone. Hubby to work, youngest back to college and oldest back across the country to work. Ah well, nice to have them here for a while. Probably going to be a crappy weight loss week, out to dinner Friday, made cookies and lasagna Saturday and then yesterday, breakfast and lunch out and then 3 drinks for the Super Bowl, but all in all I made pretty good choices (and ate only a small piece of lasagna, so whatever it is, it is.

We are supposed to get a foot of snow tomorrow night, so I need to get my running around done today in case I can't stop tomorrow/Wednesday.

W 100 or more, need to flush the salt from the weekend
E Just got off the treadmill, lifting tonight
E POP
D Focus on the positive. Your children are not here because they are succeeding. It's a great thing, nothing to be sad about at all!

Pattience
02-03-2014, 01:00 PM
I'm quitting this thread. I don't think its the right place for me. Good luck to you all with your weightloss.

soon2beskinnyCarma
02-03-2014, 06:08 PM
Sorry to see you go Patience.

Well scale was 211.6. My Piloxing and Yoga class tonight was cancelled. Bummer. I will have to do it on Wednesday instead. Tomorrow night we do dinner with my husbands dad. Well I cook dinner for my FIL and my family. I am off tomorrow and plan on attempting a run.(Roads will be bad) Getting my taxes started and gathering up my Mom's tax info. Oh and trying to get my house together. I am having a cooking party this weekend.

jcatron243
02-04-2014, 05:46 AM
Well, this Dang congestion I have been fighting off finally got the better of me. I started coughing during my run (at 25 minutes) and I haven't felt very well since. :( I ended my run at 35 minutes. Now I have no choice but to sit back and ride out this cold. Making sure that I drink a ton of water, eat soups, get in my fruits and veggies!
Working today:
W 64 oz
E 60 minute low impact/light workout
E 1300 cals FOCUS!
D Don't lose focus!

mtiger
02-04-2014, 07:35 AM
Haven't hooked up with the trainer yet. She is supposed to email me. Hopefully soon. Going to the gym tonight.

Jeni- Sorry you feel like crap.

MM- We are getting that snow tonight. They have down graded from a foot to 3-4 inches. We shall see. Tired of it for sure.

soon2beskinnyCarma
02-04-2014, 09:56 PM
Hit 211 today. Hoping to be in the 210's tomorrow. Day 3 no eating after 7pm. I did taxes most of the day and didn't run. Ugh. I did walk though.
Well will do personals tomorrow. Too busy today.

jcatron243
02-05-2014, 09:25 AM
Great Job Carma!

Mindy~I hope the trainer has some good advice for you!

I got to the gym last night. I ran for 35 minutes biked for 18! It was a nice workout. Now I need to rid myself of these superbowl leftovers and I will be happy!

W 100 oz!
E 60 minutes today even if I have to split my run. I will not be hard on myself!
E 1300 cals.
D I don't feel well, so it is okay to give myself a break.

mothermavis
02-05-2014, 08:03 PM
Pattience, I hope you find the thread that works for you!

Mindy, we have 15 inches or so, it's still snowing. Did you get hooked up with the trainer?

Jeni, It is ok to take it easy on yourself!! Esp when you are feeling crappy!

Kris, Hope all is well.

Carma, you are doing awesome!!

W need a couple more glasses and I'll be good!
E Ran today! Crunches while I watch TV
E Doing pretty well staying with calories
D Stay focused

soon2beskinnyCarma
02-05-2014, 08:19 PM
Quick note since i am on my kindle sleeping at work on a stretcher. DH didn't want me driving on the icy roads. Scale good. Think this was a pre TOM drop but I have been working hard so i will take it.
W:100oz
E:1 hr TM at work. 10 min stationary bike. 2 sets weight lifting tricep, bicep squats. 15426 steps
E: 1790 calories
D: missing my kids.

mothermavis
02-05-2014, 10:29 PM
Yay Carma :carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:

mtiger
02-06-2014, 07:17 AM
Sleeping at work on a stretcher..HHMM!!

MM- Done with snow and cold. How bout you??

The trainer has not responded to my email. Maybe I should try again. 186 STILL... Did a 3.1 run and then finished up walking to make 4 miles. My lower back hurts today.

jcatron243
02-06-2014, 11:21 AM
Carma~ :woohoo:

Mindy~ Definitely e-mail again!

MM~ Keep on doing great!

I ran 36 minutes yesterday. I wanted to make sure that I didn't over-do it. I had to round it to 2.5 miles :) I also tried my first green smoothie! It was actually good! Today I will be buying some Kale and spinach, Flax seed and protein powder. I am excited to try some different flavors too. I would really like to make this for work, but I can't run my blender at 3am. SO I am considering making it and putting it in the freezer. Then take it to work with me. I think it should be ready to drink by 10. I'm going to use one of those blender cups so I can shake it up, just in case it separates. If it doesn't work, then I know.

W 80 oz
E 60 minutes at the Y tonight
E 1300 cals
D take care of myself, don't over do it!

mothermavis
02-06-2014, 07:59 PM
Mindy, I agree w Jeni, email again! If that doesn't work, grab a different trainer!
and YES! I am so done with winter!!

Jeni, You rock, great job! Let me know how the smoothies are, I've been thinking of going that route for breakfast

soon2beskinnyCarma
02-06-2014, 09:48 PM
Yes mindy slept on a stretcher. No greys anatomy life for me. I refrained from giving the security guards a thrill and weighing in naked. I did however weigh my pj's the night before and deducted 0.8 off the scale. 208.2 not my scale so will see what the morning brings. Glad to be home in my bed next to my snoring husband.

jcatron243
02-07-2014, 05:33 AM
Workday today. Last night's workout was a bust. If I would have known earlier I would have hopped on the treadmill, but DH had some errands to run after work.

MM~I really have enjoyed all of the smoothies I have tried so far.

W 64 oz
E 60 minutes at the gym. It will be a late night, but it will be worth it.
E 1300 cals.
D 1 month/4 weeks left!

mtiger
02-07-2014, 07:21 AM
Last night was a pretty fast run for me. 2.52 miles in 30 min. Not bad. Did the stair master for 10 min. also.

Yearly physical yesterday. Discussed weight and this fluctuating TOM. We are going to further investigate. Having hormone levels tested and a gyno visit to see why TOM just hasn't quit. Being on Tomoxofin usually stops periods. Not mine. FUN FUN.

jcatron243
02-08-2014, 05:44 AM
Mindy~ I'm glad you are going to get everything checked out! Great Run!

My green smoothie worked! Well, my co-workers tried it and didn't like it, but I hadn't mixed any water into it yet (thinned it down a bit!)! Today they want me to bring some stuff in so they can make their own. Not green, just with fruits, (and protein powder).

I made it to workout last night too. This cold sucks, so I made it a slow run (4.2 mph) but I ran it at random inclines up to 4.8. 35 minutes and I wasn't winded, but I did work up a sweat. Then I got on the elliptical for 25 minutes!

W 64 oz
E 35 minutes run
E 1300 cals (today's green smoothie spinach, pear, blueberries, banana)
D Motivation: 4 weeks until Disneyland Countdown!!! I want to run at least 30 minutes a day (or some cardio) until then!

mothermavis
02-08-2014, 07:02 AM
Tweaked my back and ate like crap for the last two days. Up 3.2. Guess I better stop this train before it becomes a wreck.

Nixmom
02-08-2014, 11:08 AM
Hi girls. Still hectic, but still here. Grandpa has been in hospital for the last week. He has pulmonary fibrosis, congestive heart failure and now, pneumonia. The worst part, that frail little old man is strong as nails and sharp as a tack. His brain doesn't match his body at all. So hard to sit there and watch and wait and wonder if he's heading back to his house or to Heaven with grandma. Say a prayer he finds peace either way. We lost Grandma in 2008 and I think he has been dying of a broken heart ever since.

Other than that, house is still in bits and pieces. We probably wont be in until April. I have been eating with reckless abandon. I need to hire a gate keeper to keep me out of the kitchen. My mom (who might have 15 lbs to lose) is doing Medifast. I'm considering it but hubby is against it. Thinks is just a crutch. At this point what ever would get me back into onederland might be worth it. I've even thought about buying the quick starter week of food that nutrisystem sells at Walmart.

I need to come back for personals. I am gonna see it I can't take care of stuff while the day is young.

Goal for today is 80oz of water. Gonna start small.

Be good girls.

Kris

Nixmom
02-08-2014, 08:13 PM
Do I really have two sleeping dogs, a quiet semi-clean house and a minute to hit 3FC? :carrot:

Mindy - I'm interested to hear what your doctor says. I just went yesterday for a cancer genetics testing consultation. My mom and 2 aunts have all had uterine cancers, so my doc wants me to have testing don.e Are dang chick parts are nothing but trouble! :) BTW, congrats on your speedy run! Did you decide to try to get a hold of the trainer again?

CARMA!!!! 209! AWESOME! So proud of you!!! Okay… I feel the inspiration creeping back up in me~ lead the way sister!!!

Mavie – Yes, get off the train immediately. If it’s the depression train that you occasionally get a ticket on, drop it. Go hug your doggie if you are missing your boys, and YES they are growing into successful young men. They are direct reflections of your awesomeness and just trying to show YOU how well you love them. (Note: I wish I would have had the foresight to get off my train this time last year. I would be 20, yes 20lbs lighter had I just maintained then.) BE GOOD TO YOU.

Jen – I’m interested in the green smoothie thing too! Been reading a lot about people who pre freeze veggies and stuff in baggies and grab one daily to blend up with liquid. Sounds like blending and then freezing works too then! That’s good news! And D-land in 4 weeks! Wooohoooo!

Pattience – I’m sorry that you are leaving. Wish you well.

So off to find a few recipes for healthy dinners. Gonna try to get my desk at home cleared. Looking forward to some progress.

Hope are all safe and warm somewhere.

WEED is the usual.

jcatron243
02-09-2014, 05:41 AM
MM~ Take care of yourself! Does your Y have a pool? Maybe you can swim some laps for a no impact workout.

Kris~It's good to see you! Glad you are getting your house together. I don't know much about Medifast, but if you need something to help get you started Nutrisystem isn't a bad idea. It is still important to re-teach yourself what to cook and eat. I need to get organized and get my stuff into baggies for my smoothies, that way its all ready! I was really nervous to try it, but once I did I loved them! Also, even though I have this dang cold, I have a ton of energy!

We got about 2 inches of snow last night. I don't mind the snow, but I hate driving on the ice, and since I leave for work at 3:15 it is going to be a very slow trip.

W 64 oz
E 35 minutes
E 1300 cals (may need to drop this down a bit!
D Be good! take care of myself!

Nixmom
02-09-2014, 11:07 PM
Evening ladies. I'm exhausted. At hospital today most the day, then to grandpas house to prepare for them to let him come home with Hospice help. Sad moments. My eyes are so tired from crying on an off all day. Hope it doesn't show for work tomorrow. Grandpa is so small and weak, and just waiting to have some peace. Its hard to watch.

I am going to go grab a hot shower and set my work clothes out for tomorrow so I dont have to think in the morning. Gonna try for my water goal tomorrow again. I'm getting close.

Jen - be careful tomorrow driving. Leave extra early.

Night girls.

Kris

jcatron243
02-10-2014, 05:25 AM
Kris~ :hug: I'm so sorry you are going through this.

mtiger
02-10-2014, 07:32 AM
Kris- I just emailed the trainer again. Hopefully she will get back with me. I have been considering going back to Medical Weight Loss. I at least need to pull out their info and see if I can follow it on my own. Somethings gotta give. Prayers for Grandpa. I know it is tough.
Recently on FB I saw a post about if you had one hour to sit on this beach and talk with someone, anyone, who would it be. It would have to be my grandma. She was very important to me and I miss her still, even though it has been about 20 years.

Jeni and MM- Feel better.

Got new running shoes and some clothes this weekend. Ready to hit the gym.

So tired of snow. We get some about every other day here. And today it is a whopping -1. Yep!!!!

soon2beskinnyCarma
02-10-2014, 10:18 PM
Kris:hug: hang in there. Hospice is a true blessing for families.
Mavis get off that train!
Jennifer: hope your drive was safe
Mindy:good luck at the gym!

207.6 was 207.2 yesterday but not great on water. Today was better. Pedicure with my best friend tomorrow. Need to research food at there restaurant.

Weed for tomorrow
W 100oz
E going to try and get a morning run in.
E try to stick to 1720 calories
D enjoy my day off with my best friend.

jcatron243
02-11-2014, 08:48 AM
Kris~ I hope you are doing okay today. You are in my thoughts.

Mindy~ I love getting new running shoes! I've had my current ones since September and I am considering getting new ones, but these ones are still holding strong.

Carma~ Don't worry about the .6 gain, you are doing great!

My drive to work was fine. The thing about snow here, where I live, it stays maybe 12 hours then the warm front moves in and it melts. Today we get high winds and rain. yay. I am always super careful, and if it is to bad I drive the 4wd truck.

GREEN SMOOTHIES!! Okay, so you all know I started drinking these right? Okay you do. I love them. I didn't expect the huge energy increase though. Honestly, even with this cold I don't remember the last time I have had all this energy. BUT calories, My average smoothie is about 450 calories, (after adding the protein powder and chia seeds=230 cals), that is about 3.5 cups of smoothie. At work, I split it up into two servings, so I stay full throughout the day, but I know at home I get the munchies so I'm going to have to either cut out some of the protein powder to make it lower calorie, or just take the calorie hit and see how my weight loss goes. I know the calories are good ones. I think for the first time in my life I am getting 5 servings of fruit/ veggies a day. I even have my hubby on the bandwagon! And a couple of my co-workers are starting with it after seeing my energy level go up so fast! If we make these smoothies a permanent part of our lives (which I intend to for myself) we may get one of those fancy blenders!

Today, I would normally try for my long run, but I have to take Tommy to the doctor :( he broke out with a rash on his legs on Friday. It is clearing up, but I want to talk to the doc about allergy testing for my poor man. So my long run will have to be Friday (unless I get called into work, AGAIN!)

W 80 oz
E 60 minutes at the gym tonight with DH! (was so hoping to run today so we could sit in the steam room tonight)
E 1300 cals
D take care of Tommy, get Valentines done up for the kiddos

jcatron243
02-12-2014, 05:27 AM
Good Morning everyone.

Tommy's rash is Eczema. poor guy.

W 80 oz
E 35 minute run
E 1300 cals
D be positive!

mothermavis
02-12-2014, 08:52 PM
Kris, so sorry about your Grandpa. Awesome pic!

Jeni, hope Tommy feels better!

w 100
e did sculpting class this AM
e OP. logged it all too
D choices

soon2beskinnyCarma
02-12-2014, 10:06 PM
Jeni: sorry to hear about your son's eczema.
Hi to everyone else

I got down to 206.8 and think TOM must be pending as I was 209.4 this am. I did eat out but was pretty good. Unless it's sodium. Frustrating.

jcatron243
02-13-2014, 05:39 AM
Carma! you are doing great! Don't worry about the daily fluctuations! They drive us all crazy!

MM~ Glad you are staying OP! Food logging is so hard to do, but it is worth it when you can see what you are doing.

My scale was looking pretty today! My official W/I isn't until the 22nd though, so I hope this isn't a fluke! I've had several comments on my weight loss lately. My supervisor was trying to correct himself after telling me I have lost a "ton" of weight. that was fun to watch. I really don't like the attention some people put on it though. Thanks for noticing and telling me I look great, but please stop staying on the subject!

W 80 oz
E none today. Makenna has a basketball game.
E 1300 cals.
D one more day of work for the week. It's going to be a great day!

mtiger
02-13-2014, 07:23 AM
Gym every night this week so far. Running my but off...I wish.

Went to GNC and had quite a lengthy discussion about weight loss, eating etc. with a young body builder guy. He has suggested that I am not eating enough for my calorie burn. AT MORE?? Scary thought. My fitbit says I burn about 2400 on a workout day, so I should eat 1700. I'm scared to try it, but it "might' work. I dont know.

Jeni- Do you eat different amounts of calories depending on your workouts??

soon2beskinnyCarma
02-13-2014, 10:20 AM
So it must have been weird sodium gain as no TOM showed and I am back to 206.4. Pretty excited. My husband and I did a bet for Valentines. Whoever could lose the most weight didn't have to pay for dinner. I did this to encourage us both but I really want him to lose weight. He is 6'2" and on January 3rd he was 298.6. I was 213.8. We weighed in today and he is 291.4 and I was 206.4. That is 7.2lbs for him and 7.4lbs for me. We will see what tomorrow's weigh in will be but pretty excited for us both.

mothermavis
02-14-2014, 06:54 AM
Carma, good for both of you.

Kris, thinking of you. :hug:

Jeni, Sounds like you are right on target for a great weigh in! It's nice when people notice, but you are right, move on!

Mindy, How's things? Any progress with the trainer? I try to eat the same calories every day, workout or no.

We are under yet another foot of snow. My class at the Y is cancelled, so I'll go tonight or run on the treadmill tonight. Too lazy this AM, so I am here posting!:D

W 100
E Running and stairs
E OP, think hubby and I are staying in tonight, he worked all night. That's good, then I control what's in it!
D Happy with my progress since the first of the year. Keep it up!

jcatron243
02-14-2014, 10:04 AM
Carma~ keeping my fingers crossed! You both are doing so good congratulations!! Enjoy your Valentine's meal no matter who pays!!

MM~ You are also doing great!! I am so ready for my workout! A foot of snow! :) The couple of inches we had the other night was long gone by the time I get off work. We are in for another storm tomorrow, but it happens weekly!

Mindy~ The simple answer is I eat more when I am hungry. I refuse to starve myself. If I am hungry I eat, I just watch my choices, (like yesterday, I ate 1600 calories because I was hungry). I also pay attention to when I am full. When I get in a full hour long workout I have always had something like a Slimfast shake or a protein shake of some sort post workout. On work nights, I have dinner (meat and veggies). For me, I believe the "no white at night" has helped me keep losing steadily. When I first started doing this, I made sure that if I was craving my bread or pasta, I would eat it for lunch. I don't crave it anymore. I still have a glass or two of wine, or maybe a margarita or two, 2 nights a week. I don't believe in cleanses, but I do love this new smoothie kick I am on! (DH even likes them with the spinach!) One thing that I am doing this time around, I have a cheat day. Not a binge day, don't get me wrong, but a day that DH and I will have spaghetti for dinner (last week), or maybe pizza. I know that some "experts" say not to do this, but it really is helping me (and DH) not lose focus . My biggest suggestion would be to shake up your diet and workout. I'm not sure what your typical food day looks like, but I am guessing your body is used to it. If you simply calorie count, maybe cycle it for 2 weeks. Maybe trying to cut out all fat for 2 weeks, or try "no white at night". Shake up your workouts too! Set the incline up on your treadmill and run a little slower, or do intervals! Definitely talk to your doctor to see what he/she has to say. You are doing what you need to, maybe the doc will see something that you don't.

W 80 oz
E at least a 60 minute run (hoping for 100 minutes today, but my confidence was shaken with this cold!)
E 1300 cals
D catch up on housework. do some grocery shopping.

mothermavis
02-15-2014, 07:32 AM
Good morning ladies! Hope all is well! Happy belated Valentine's Day. Hope all your Valentine's were good to you!

I talked to Kris, her Grandpa passed away. She said to let everyone know she's OK. She needs to get everything squared away and then she will be back.

Mindy, good for you for getting to the gym every night! It's hard to make time for ourselves, but we have to do it. I am enjoying the sculpting class at the gym. Intervals of cardio and weights. If I have not mentioned, I am a weight lifting nerd and the class is much easier. Just tell me what I need to do and I'll do it! Are you going to SC for April break?

Jeni, yup, that is the second storm in 2 weeks that dropped a foot or better. Join that with all the little ones, We've got a great base. I plan to take the dog and go snowshoeing this afternoon when the sun gets up enough to be a little warm. If I can remember, I'll share a couple pics tomorrow. I've been checking out some smoothie recipes on Pintrest for inspiration! I even found a couple that gave me some calorie ideas. I am going to the Y this AM and stopping at the grocery on my way home. Going to replenish my spinach, kale and fruits!!

Carma, who bought? Either way, Jeni is right, you are both doing great!

OK, well, lots of stuff to do, so I better get moving!

W 100
E going to the Y, a girl in my training group (3 to a group, awesome) is going to show me how to use some new thing they have, it's called a TRX. It looks interesting. This week, when we did our group workout, she was working on that while I was working on something else, so today she is going to show me!! Then later I am planning on some snowshoeing!
E POP, DH helped by NOT including chocolate in my Valentine!

D "It may be hard for an egg to turn into a bird: it would be a jolly sight harder for it to learn to fly while remaining an egg. We are like eggs at present. And you cannot go on indefinitely being just an ordinary, decent egg. We must be hatched or go bad." C. S. Lewis

Ladies, I am off to turn into a beautiful swan! Enjoy your Saturday!

jcatron243
02-15-2014, 01:45 PM
MM~I'm glad you talked to Kris. I've been thinking about her. I tried my first smoothie with Kale yesterday. My sister said it was bitter, but I didn't get that at all! I really did enjoy it. V-day was good. I had one too many margaritas, and too much popcorn, but no sweets!

No workout today. I planned it, but since the kids got up too late, and I have an appointment to get a tattoo today :) I may try to walk this afternoon, but I am not going to want to work up a huge sweat.

W 80 oz this afternoon (don't wanna have to go potty a lot during my tattoo!)
E maybe walking?
E 1300 cals. My smoothie this morning was delish! Going out to dinner tonight with the family for V-day. I'm planning on having salmon, and veggies. (no potato)
D family time!

mothermavis
02-16-2014, 07:03 AM
Jeni, How'd the tattoo go? Back to say, just saw them! Awesome!

Carma, Mindy, Kris :wave: Thinking of you girls too, hope all is well!

Kris, extra hugs to you. Hang in there.

As for me, I was exhausted yesterday and skipped the snowshoeing in favor of lying on the couch watching movies with hubby! Did get the Y in though, so that was fine! Today, I've got a house to show this morning and then we will see how the rest of the day goes. I think hubby and I are going to run some errands and maybe go to TGIFridays for lunch. Love the Dragonfire Salmon there.

W 100 always a struggle on the weekend for me, got about 1/2 gallon yesterday.
E Planned day off.
E POP, even if we go out, making good choices, swap out the starch for double steamed veggies!
D Make the choices you future you will thank you for!

mtiger
02-16-2014, 09:17 AM
The trainer never got back with me. I did talk to another guy at GNC. He directed me to Bodybuilding.com. I have been checking that out a little bit. The advice I got was...40, 40, 20. Protein, carbs, fat. He suggests to eat carbs around workouts. Then I saw the one, one, one diet. Very similar. Checking this all out further.

Got labs back and everything looks good. OH and hormones indicate I am NOT in menopause. WTH??? going on 80 days without TOM now. I have another appt with OBGYN to make sure things are okay. Being on tomoxafin for the cancer gene should have thrown me into menopause. HHMM??

mtiger
02-16-2014, 09:20 AM
Jeni- 1600?? pretty typical?? That seems like so much to me, but eating 1200 doesnt seem to working either. My Fitbit will tell me numbers similar to that when I work out. Maybe I just give it a shot.

MM- It is currently snowing here. BIG fluffy flakes. Enough already...We are going to TN for spring break. Can't wait.

workinglikeadog
02-16-2014, 12:15 PM
This looks like a great thread for daily accountibility, which is much needed now. May I join?

Some things about myself. Farm lifestyle, artist, mother of graduating senior this June. I'm an emotional eater and need encouragement to workout in the winter. Gained 8 pounds during the holidays (yikes) and need to shed those 8 plus probably an additional 4 to feel my best. Have been working most of my 59 years to not have food/weight issues.

mothermavis
02-16-2014, 01:16 PM
Welcome Diana!

Looking forward to getting to know you!

jcatron243
02-16-2014, 01:33 PM
:welcome: Diana

Mindy~ the 40:40:20 diet is a great idea! I'm glad your labs came back normal, but geez how frustrating!

MM~I can't wait to take the bandages off my Tattoos and get some good pics. I absolutely love them!

Last nights dinner out was great! I stuck to my plan, salmon and broccoli, with a salad. MMM. It was very tasty. I haven't been getting in enough water though, my scale is up today. Today we are taking the kids for haircuts and Mak wants highlights.

W 64 oz. Take my water with me today. I have been failing on this lately!
E walking at the mall. I don't want to sweat under my bandages.
E 1300 cals
D enjoy family time.

mtiger
02-16-2014, 06:16 PM
DId some research online at bodybuilding.com. Found a trainer and a food plan. It seems pretty simple. Eat that 40, 40, 20. Whole foods, nothing processed and can throw in a protein shake after my workout. She also suggested amino acids to help build and repair muscle. Made a trip back to GNC and chatted with my boy again. Got whey protein and AA.

went shopping with hubby and bought lots of meat and veggies. gonna give this a whirl. Not worrying too much about calories right now. 6 small meals a day. Now I am looking for creative way to put these components together to make food more interesting.

workinglikeadog
02-17-2014, 10:09 AM
mtiger- sounds like a healty diet and great plan if you are weightlifting. My most successful weight loss period was that combo. I can't wait to see your tatoo, you are soooo brave.

Thank YOU for the Welcomes mm & jcat. Let me know if I have the right idea with my WEED posting.

W- Aim for a minimum of 50 oz of water today.
E- Going for a Jillian circuit today, wish me luck.
E- Write down & act as if showing to Jillian for approval.
D- I can do This!

jcatron243
02-17-2014, 01:38 PM
Morning everyone! Wow is the scale mean today! I didn't even eat bad this weekend. Oh well, take it in stride. The scale bounces.

Mindy~ I really hope this eating plan helps you!

Diana~Actually I am the one with new tattoos. I will try and post pics of them on here. Your plan for the day looks great.

W 80 oz!
E got in a 5.25 mile run today. I wanted to go farther, but I got a cramp so I stopped at 65 minutes. I really need to get in some floor work today. I have been so slacking on my toning. Last time I was at this weight, I was still a smaller size because I did a lot more floor work, weights, and toning exercises.
E 1300 cals.
D get in some floor work today.

mothermavis
02-17-2014, 06:50 PM
Hey ladies! Hope all is great.

Diana, Looks great! I love Jillian!

Jeni, 5.25, darn scale better cooperate!

Mindy, hope this one works for you!

Today is hubby's birthday. Pretty on plan though!

W 100
E Did a sculpting class this morning
E OP for the most part, did have a sliver of cake though
D Gotta keep focused.

soon2beskinnyCarma
02-17-2014, 10:40 PM
Welcome Diana!
So I turned into a major slug this past Sunday. Just over 1000 steps:rollpin: not going to beat myself up over it. Gained back up to 210. TOM showed up Friday. Had my piloxing class/ yoga class today. Off tomorrow. More snow. Ugh. Hoping to get w8d1 in on c25k.

Weed for week:
W 100oz
E: 350 minutes exercise
E: 1720 calorie goal
D: what doesn't kill me makes me stronger.

Have a great week all will do personals in am.

jcatron243
02-18-2014, 05:36 AM
MM~ No. The scale isn't cooperating at all. It says I am up 5 pounds since Friday. Frustrated, yes, but I know its just mid-cycle garbage couple with extra sodium. Drink extra water and be patient, it will come back down again.

Carma~ just like me it will come off again soon.

W 80 oz (working today so this is hard)
E about 60 minutes at the gym
E 1300 cals
D make it through 12 hours of nonsense at work.

mtiger
02-18-2014, 07:15 AM
I really enjoyed that 4 day weekend. I am not looking forward to going back to work, especially in the new 6 inches of snow. Give it up already!!!

No gym last night so I did Walk away the pounds. I lolst a little today. Still wanting to get below 185. Maybe this week.

workinglikeadog
02-19-2014, 10:46 AM
Good Morning Ladies. A quick post then to my a.m. exercise. I followed WEED fairly well yesterday except for my birthday cake. A friend had us over for dinner and movie, very nice, I feel loved. I had eaten on the light side for the day so went ahead on the cake and ate each fork full slowly, a choc/rasp cake that was totally yummy. Up 1/2 pound today. Thursday is my official birthday and I'm looking forward to have my art group fixing lunch in my honor - will have to exercise extra today and watch proportions tomorrow.

Mindy and Carma-Michigan (and the Midwest) has had more than there fair share of snow this winter, send that moisture this way, we are still behind on moisture for the agriculture year(since Oct around 5 inches). My brother lives in Ludington and feels winter housebound.

Jeni and Carma- I can have a 5 pound gain in one day also, so frustrating. This WEED program does work, so we can do it!

mm- Happy b-day to Hubby. Jillian's program does work, gonna work up to 3 circuits a week at this point.

W- Aim for a minimum of 50 oz of water today.
E- Doing Jazzercise today, give my achy body a chance to heal.
E- Write down & act as if showing to Jillian for approval.
D- Stick to the plan!

jcatron243
02-19-2014, 11:11 AM
Mindy~ It's easy to say I feel for you! I am so ready for Summer!

Diana~ My motto is I have to live! I want to enjoy life and its little treats, but on those days I know I will be eating sweets, I just watch the portions. Good Job! I started a new W.O.W. Challenge thread. Follow the link below to get to it!

I started a new thread!
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/292953-w-o-w-women-weed-spring-near-challenge.html#post4946966