Weight Loss Support - Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - January 2014 - Everyone Welcome!

Diana3271
12-31-2013, 10:25 AM
Hello Everyone! :wave: Welcome to the Check-In! Let's make it a great month!

I want to welcome everyone to the Daily Accountability Check-In. Our goal is to stay accountable and on track by posting our daily food and exercise choices. All food and exercise programs are welcome. Consistency is the key to reaching our weight loss goals.

Introduce yourself or jump right in and tell us what you have been doing.

:cheer2: Here's to the start of a great month! :cheer2:

IanG
12-31-2013, 01:58 PM
Spinning yesterday was tough. I thought I would be good at it because of my running but it seems to exercise different bits of my legs. Anyway I was a sweaty mess after 50 minutes. But I think I will do it again. The standing up (hill climbs) was the hardest.

Down 0.6lbs today to 166.2lbs.

Breakfast: 1/2 cup Oats with 1 cup non-fat milk, 1 dried apricot, vanilla and cinnamon, 1 teaspoon honey, 1 coffee, milk, no sugar. Mackeral.

Lunch: Smoked sturgeon, jumbo lump crab, clams, 10 anchovies, 2 scrambled eggs, pickled garlic, tabasco sauce, hemp seed, 4 olives, kimchi, blueberries, tomato, seaweed, mushrooms, red onion, kidney beans, spinach, lentils, 1 chestnut.

Dinner: Beer (Clown Shoes Galactica).

Exercise: Ran 10k this morning. Will fit in 1 hour weight training this afternoon.

Could be difficult to get some exercise in over the next few days.

alaskanlaughter
12-31-2013, 02:30 PM
I feel slightly sore today from shoveling....no big deal....i'm headed to the gym soon....it's nice to have some vacation where I don't have to get up at 6 a.m. and can sit with a cup of hot chocolate or something....go to the gym when I'm ready and have time to read in the afternoon...one more week left of vacation!

Larry H
01-01-2014, 12:54 AM
Happy New Years everyone,

I have been through some hard times, My sister passed away just before Thanksgiving after a long period in Hospice where she was unresponsive almost all of that time. She is now finally at rest.

I have been anemic and extremely tired for the last six months. Recently, (one week ago) I started seeing a hematologist. Today he told me my anemia has resolved itself, and that he did nothing to make this happen, just ran tests.

Now he tells me that my blood work shows a problem with my immune system and I should see a rheumatologist.

I started tracking my food again yesterday 12/30/2013 and am looking forward to a better 2014.

Inkrid
01-01-2014, 09:57 AM
Hi Everyone! Happy New Years! :)

One of the holiday gifts was a pizza maker, which is kind of funny with the Nutri-Bullet next to it! Needless to say we had a pizza party last night! Everyone loved it in the house ~ it might be a long year... LOL

Went on vacation and gained three pounds, even while eating "the best of the bad", but lost one the day after we came home.

I might try some Intermittent Fasting as some people here have had good luck with it.

DH got a family membership at the local Rec Center, so I'll be posting about TRX90 (or whatever it is LOL), Spinning and/or Yoga, etc.

Happy 2014!!

Diana3271
01-01-2014, 10:42 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! :wave:

Today I will face the music and post my weigh in. I gained 2 pounds from eating off plan yesterday. I know it's not "real" weight, probably just water weight. I know drinking alcohol lowers my inhibitions and causes me to have problems. I had completely planned to weigh and measure my food last night but that didn't happen. I got a wedge of cornbread just like DH did. I got a large spoon of rice, and 1 bottle of wine led to us drinking 2. I know it's not the end of the world, but I had a different plan and didn't stick to it. So as of this morning I am up 10.2 pounds from the day we left for our vacation. Not good, but that's my starting point for 2014. I weighed daily while we were out of town. I ate lunch portions and kids portions. Again, I don't feel this gain is "real" weight. I feel it's mostly water weight. I am still dealing with my TTOM, too. I'm not sure if I will have a carry over gain tomorrow. I have been known to do that. But anyways, I am back on track, starting today. Also, I am really wanting to work on my mental healing this year. Dealing with the death of both of my parents continued to be a challenge in 2013. I want to continue to work on lowering my stress levels and get to a better place. As I always say, I am a work in progress. ;)

Wishing everyone the best for 2014!

I will be back later for some personals. I need :coffee:

Calories for yesterday: Unknown
Weigh In: 170.4

Have a great day!

Larry H
01-01-2014, 10:59 AM
I Love the first few days when weight falls fast and furious :carrot:

I will enjoy this slide for now as my experience has shown that this fast weight loss will not continue.

12/30/13 296 lbs :D
12/30/13 285 lbs :D
1/1/14 282 lbs :D

newleaf123
01-01-2014, 12:00 PM
Just wanted to stop in here and wish everyone a Happy New Year! Even though I don't post to this thread regularly, I think of you all and cheer on your success. Here's to a great 2014!

novangel
01-01-2014, 01:30 PM
:newyear:

I hope we all have a great 2014! :carrot:

I slept almost 12 hours. I guess I needed it.

It's snowed pretty bad again overnight. Hopefully they can get the streets somewhat cleaned off again so I can get to the gym otherwise I will have to drive very, very slowly. The gym is only a few blocks away but my Honda Accord is terrible in this weather.

Is it May yet?? :dizzy:

kelijpa
01-01-2014, 03:32 PM
Gearing up to take the little dog for a hike in the snow in our woods.

Food was ok 'til chips and dip got broken out again, planned to be off plan for a couple days, still hard not to feel the need to work it off anyway, guess that's a sign of healthy habits.

We're weighing in Friday to start our 12 week get that weight off challenge, hence the off plan days, really not as off plan as in the past, just can't do that anymore and glad of it.

Best to all :sunny:

alaskanlaughter
01-01-2014, 04:18 PM
larry!! welcome back!! :)

I stayed up til almost midnight and have had a scratchy throat for a few days....I went to sleep and woke up sicker than I've been in a VERY long time :( my throat is so swollen that it's hard to talk, breathe or swallow and my nose is all stuffed up and I can feel my ears clogged too...I don't think it's an allergic reaction....I think it's a head cold....and I don't drink so it's not a hangover :) I slept in much later than normal and took some cold meds...I wont be going to the gym today and probably wont be doing much of anything

Inkrid
01-01-2014, 07:42 PM
Had a good day with No Sugar ~ well, except for DnD!

DH made us omelets with leftover holiday salmon and cheese.

For lunch had a chicken cutlet sandwich.

DnD run ~ minor fail with coffee and glazed donut.

Dinner Cheesy Chicken with pasta, veggies and corn.

Had two glasses of milk.

Think I'm done for today. LOL

Tomorrow will ease back into Paleo. Enough with the carbs already!

VLMGA
01-01-2014, 08:18 PM
Today was good - helped that I got up wayyy late (1pm) so didn't snack all day... especially having pigged out last night :o :D

1 cup coffee around 2pm, with a bit of milk

dinner: 12 pan fried (in just water) shrimp with garlic and lemon over spinach, bean sprouts, cucumber, tomato and onion with a homemade dressing made from a low-cal kraft zesty italian dressing, vinegar, franks red hot and some soy sauce.

snack I'm about to have: 1 slice low carb bread, toasted, with a slice of fat free sliced cheese melted over it

planned snack for later if I want it: sliced apple

Misha
01-01-2014, 08:36 PM
Hi! I've lurked on this thread for a couple months. Frankly, I'm not sure I should join this thread but I thought I'd take baby steps ....

I'm 51 years young. I'm physically fit because I regularly work out to home DVDs and attend yoga classes. However, I'm rather complacent about getting the last 10-15 pounds off. I'm not sure what my level of commitment is, so please forgive me if I "flunk out" here. Right now, I'm trying to motivate myself by jumping into a community. I may make a lot of mistakes.

For now, I plan to keep things simple:

1. Keep carbs under 150 grams (I'm terribly sensitive to sugar);
2. Keep calories under 1,500 a day;
3. Exercise 1 hour a day;
4. Allow myself one splurge meal on the weekends.

If I can't do well on my own, I may commit to a formal diet or WW for more structure .... I'm still feeling my way through this!

I recently read some fascinating stuff on fish intake in, all of things, "The Anatomy of Violence." (The science is a very readable and fascinating for laypeople.) There is a direct correlation between fish intake and violence in various countries. The stats are shocking! The author explains why fish intake is so important. So, while I'm not violent (smile), I do want to follow Ian's lead and incorporate more fish in my diet in 2014.

I will start logging my food tomorrow.

Thanks everyone!

IanG
01-01-2014, 08:50 PM
Good luck Misha with the fish! It's certainly helped me. I eat mostly canned but also smoked, fresh and frozen for a treat when I have time.

My favorite has to be pan-seared scallops. Followed by crab and lobster.

My go-tos are sardines and kippers. And everything else in between.

And Happy New Year everyone.

No change today at 166.2lbs.

Breakfast: 1/2 cup Oats with 1 cup non-fat milk, 1 dried apricot, vanilla and cinnamon, 1 teaspoon honey, 1 coffee, milk, no sugar. Mackeral.

Lunch: Smoked salmon, baby prawns, mussels, 10 anchovies, 2 scrambled eggs, pickled garlic, tabasco sauce, hemp seed, 4 olives, kimchi, blueberries, tomato, seaweed, mushrooms, red onion, kidney beans, spinach, lentils, 1 chestnut.

Exercise: Ran 10k this morning.

Wife is going for a medical procedure tomorrow so I will have to look after her and the kids. So I will take a rest day from running but hopefully sneak in 1 hour of weight training somewhere.

kelijpa
01-01-2014, 10:41 PM
Got in my first 5k of the year, snow hike, half with the dog, half without, it was so hard, snowy and cold but so gratifying even though it took an hour and fifteen, it was 3.27 actually.

Welcome Misha nice to see another 51 year old trying to lose about 15, hopefully we can help each other! Best of luck to you!

Feeling good even though the food intake was not so great, a little bourbon and Irish cream may be behind my good mood at the moment...but overall feeling strong and motivated!!

Ian you're doing great, take good care of DW, DH is recovering well, I attribute it to him resting and recuperating right from the beginning which seems to be shortening his overall recovery. Best to you and your family.

Diana3271
01-01-2014, 11:10 PM
Hi Everyone! :wave:

Ian Sending good thoughts for your wife. Good job on the spinning class.

Syckgirlsfv Good luck with your appointment tomorrow.

Alaskanlaughter Enjoy your vacation time. How are you feeling?

Larry Welcome back! I'm sorry to hear about your sister. At least she is at peace now. I hope the anemia can be easily resolved. Keep us updated.

Inkrid LOL on the pizza maker and Nutri-Bullet sitting next to each other. ;)

Newleaf Hi :wave: It's good to see you. I hope you have a great 2014!

Novangel Were you able to make it to the gym with all the snow?

Kelijpa Good job on the lifestyle changes and the 5K. LOL @ the bourbon and Irish Cream. The wine made me feel like Super Woman last night and that I didn't need to count calories. :lol:

VLMGA Hi and welcome to the check-in! :welcome2:

Misha Hi and welcome to the check-in! :welcome2: Nothing wrong with baby steps. :bravo:

Diana3271
01-01-2014, 11:15 PM
Total Approx 1205 Calories + :coffee:

Breakfast (395 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin 130 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (280 Calories)
leftover collard greens 100 calories
raw sugar snap peas 100 calories
apple 80 calories

Dinner (530 Calories)
Artisan Bistro Salmon Dinner 280 calories
extra salmon filet 180 calories
roasted cauliflower 70 calories

Exercise:
Billy Blanks This Is Tae Bo

Diana3271
01-02-2014, 09:48 AM

Last night I added on: Improved Digestion from Yoga for Stress Relief

Calories for yesterday: 1205 + :coffee:
Weigh In: 169.8
Down: .6

Enjoy your day!

Psychic
01-02-2014, 10:02 AM
Happy New Year Everyone! Ready to start again after the month-long hiatus. Gained a few pounds over the holidays, but I am ready to start again and lose the last 24 pounds. I have my house stocked with healthy foods.

Yearly Start Weight: 174.5
Yearly Goal Weight: 150

January Goal Weight: 171 (-3.5)

Larry H
01-02-2014, 10:17 AM
Good Morning Everyone

Yesterday's Food

1,529 calories - daily goal is 1,650 :)
175 carbs - daily goal is 227 :)
35 fat - daily goal is 55 :D
106 protein - daily goal is 62 :(
2,132 sodium - daily goal is 2,500 :)
31 fiber - daily goal is 29 :)

lost 3 pounds :D:carrot::D

novangel
01-02-2014, 11:51 AM
Too much snow!! :mad: I have been off the last two days and have so many errands that I can't get done. My next car WILL be an SUV with 4-wheel drive. I'm very much over winter, give me 80 and sunny.

Last night I did Jillian 30DS level 1 and today will probably be the same unless I can get to they gym. We'll see how the plowing goes over the next few hours, maybe things will be clear enough. :shrug:

I got on the scale today not remembering that TOM is due any day. I about died thinking I had gained. False alarm. :D

alaskanlaughter
01-02-2014, 05:29 PM
i'm still getting over one of the worst head colds that I've had in a very long time....I rarely EVER get colds :( it's always an ear or sinus infection or pneumonia and even that's about once a year or less.....all yesterday I pretty much sat in my chair and read and rested....it felt like there was so much pressure inside my head and I could hardly talk....today I feel much better but i'm still very sore and stuffy....my whole body aches which is probably because I haven't been moving around too much...

i'm not going to the gym today...I really feel like my body won't handle a heavy weight workout session...I have some general house cleaning at home to do and need to tackle teenager's room before he gets home tomorrow :D so glad he's coming home tomorrow yay!

both the littler kids are sick too :( but at least it's vacation so we can all rest up

novangel
01-02-2014, 07:25 PM
The roads were finally cleared enough that I could make it back to the gym. I feel for those in the NE. I spent about an hour there. :carrot: Running was difficult because my thigh muscles are still like fettuccine from Jillian last night.

Tomorrow we're meeting friends after work for dinner so I won't be able to exercise again until Saturday.

:wave:

Inkrid
01-02-2014, 07:44 PM
Had bacon for breakky.

Was s-t-a-r-v-i-n-g later so had popcorn.

For a PM lunch/snack had avocado mixed with tomato and olive oil.

Had another food meltdown and noshed on cheese and made another pot of coffee.

Just had ribs and spinach for dinner.

Two glasses of milk today.

I think I ate so much this holiday my stomach has expanded and wants more food!!

IanG
01-02-2014, 09:34 PM
Wife went in to hospital and is now out. She is doing fine. While she was in, I sneaked off to the gym and went mad. I did one hour of weight lifting and then saw the indoor running track was open to the public, so ran round that as fast as I could for 45 minutes. Then the hospital called for me to pick DW up. So pretty good timing.

Up 0.8lbs today to 167.0lbs. I had been constipated though and have had at least 4 trips to the bathroom today. Am expecting a loss tomorrow. I hope constipation is not going to throw my scale too much going forward. Eating badly, I used to be as regular as clockwork.

Lunch: Smoked salmon, albacore tuna, jumbo lump crab, lunch herring, 10 anchovies, 2 scrambled eggs, pickled garlic, tabasco sauce, hemp seed, 4 olives, kimchi, blueberries, tomato, seaweed, mushrooms, red onion, kidney beans, spinach, lentils, 1 chestnut.

Exercise: Did 1 hour of weight training and ran for 45 minutes.

kelijpa
01-02-2014, 10:21 PM
Hello all, just checking in, tomorrow should end this off plan eating, I think all the bits and pieces are out except a few if the dang chips. So ready to get back OP. I guess I needed this, tomorrow is supposed to be wicked cold, it's down to about 8 degrees now and supposed to get colder. Good day to start back with the weights.
Good night all :sunny:

Diana3271
01-03-2014, 12:06 AM

Psychic Good luck with your goals! You can do it!

Larry Look at you! :carrot:

Novangel Good job with your weight and subbing Jillian. :bravo: Enjoy the dinner with friends.

Alaskanlaughter Rest up and hope you feel better soon.

Inkrid Sometimes it takes a couple days to get back into the swing of things.

Ian Good news about your wife. Are you drinking enough water? I know you are active and need to replenish your fluids. This can cause problems in the bathroom dept. too.

Kelijpa I thing getting back on plan is very mental. For me, even if I eat within my calorie range, I don't feel as well when I eat foods that I don't normally eat. It just does something to me mentally. :dunno:

Diana3271
01-03-2014, 12:10 AM
Total Approx 1425 Calories + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (330 calories)
Broiled Salmon 180 calories
Roasted cauliflower 70 calories
Small apple 80 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
2 Grilled Tuna tacos 600 calories
sauce 100 calories

Exercise:
KCM'S 30 MTF Start Here Cardio Sculpt and Leg Work premix w/#10's
Leslie Sansone's Walk to the Hits Party Songs 3 Miles

Diana3271
01-03-2014, 09:14 AM

Last night I added on: Tamilee Webb's Total Body Stretch (standing)

Calories for yesterday: 1425 + :coffee:
Weigh In: 169.2

Have a great day!

Larry H
01-03-2014, 11:26 AM
Good Morning Everyone

I will enjoy this water weight loss as long as it lasts.:carrot:
My experience has shown that this fast weight loss rate will not and can not continue.

One :D for each pound lost

12/30/13 296 lbs :(
12/31/13 285 lbs :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
1/1/14 282 lbs :D:D:D
1/2/14 280 lbs :D:D
1/3/14 278 lbs :D:D

1/2/2014 Yesterday's Food

1,171 calories - daily goal is 1,650
169 carbs - daily goal is 227
26 fat - daily goal is 55
65 protein - daily goal is 62
1,787 sodium - daily goal is 2,500
35 fiber - daily goal is 29

Psychic
01-03-2014, 12:00 PM
Yesterday's Calories: 1754
Today's Weight: 175.2

Off to do some cooking. Making turkey, ranch, and swiss pinwheels and hard caramel apple cider. I have a party tonight and I won't be home again until tomorrow evening.

alaskanlaughter
01-03-2014, 02:18 PM
im feeling much better today but still with a cold lingering on....yesterday I had moments of such exhaustion that I felt weak....it was weird...even last night every time I got up to go to the bathroom i'd lay down and just feel soooo weak...but I slept really good and the kids slept in too so I feel closer to normal today

i'm going to the gym this morning for a "half workout"...I don't want to push my body too much right away especially with this weakness lingering so i'm going to do exactly HALF of what I normally do lol

and then my teenager comes in this afternoon!! yay!! in fact what woke me up this morning was his dad calling to tell me his flight had left their town :D

Misha
01-03-2014, 02:33 PM
Hi everyone! I had a good day yesterday, even though I ate 1600 calories -- 100 calories more than my target.

01/02/13 Exercise, I did one hour of upper body weight training (Cathe Friedrich's STS - Meso Cyle 1/Week 1/Disc 2 - Back & Triceps).

Breakfast: 300 calories. Smoothie with 2 tablespoons flaxseed, 2 cups kale, 1 turmeric root, 4 baby carrots, 1/2lemon, tablespoon acai powder and tablespoon of cinnamon powder. 300 calories. P.S. Yes, my breakfast smoothie tastes dreadful. My husband insisted we drink these smoothies each morning after he spent $400 on a BlendTech in 2008. I'm used to them now. I always had colds before 2008 but since drinking the morning smoothies, I seldom get sick. It's my lucky talisman.

Lunch: 600 calories. 2 cups of steamed broccoli with food court bourbon chicken.

Dinner: 700 calories. Chicken breast (thick piece the size of my palm) w/ melted provolone cheese and a tbspn of hickory BBQ sauce. For dessert, I had a 100-calorie bag of microwave popcorn and 1/2 cup of blueberries. I also had couple glasses of diet tonic water with ice & 2 slices of fresh lime.

Weight: I got on the scale yesterday morning after weight training and weighed 4 pounds more than I did this morning. So I really don't know what I truly weigh today. I usually have to go by how my clothes fit (or don't fit). The charts say I should weigh 115 lbs. for my size but, if I go below 125, my body gets so scary skinny & bony that, historically, people start routinely pushing eating disorder clinic pamphlets on me. :dizzy: So I've learned to ignore the "experts" and just listen to my body -- and third-party comments!

Kelijpa, thanks for your warm welcome. It's good to know we're the same age and in this together. Congrats on the first 5K of the year! I'm glad your husband in on the mend .... 8 degrees in PA! Yikes!

Alaskanlaughter, I hope you and your children are feeling better.

Ian, I'm glad your wife is better. I'm impressed that you got a great workout in in the midst of all that. Good for you!

Waves to Inkrid!

Novangel, good luck with Jillian (and running). I really enjoyed her Body Revolution series and may have to pull it out again for 2014.

Larry, congrats on your weight loss, water weight or not! You deserve to enjoy every good feeling!

Psyche, your turkey, ranch & swiss pinwheels served with hard caramel apple cider sounds delicious.

Diana, thanks for posting your meals. I'm always looking for ideas! I may have to try the Artisan Salmon meal soon ....

alaskanlaughter
01-03-2014, 02:47 PM
misha we are slowly feeling better

in our house right now I have my niece age 21, my teenager age 16, my little son age 7 and my niece's daughter age 3...and quite often other kids visiting or hanging out as well

kelijpa
01-03-2014, 06:23 PM
I agree Diana with the mental aspect, today was like a normal Friday (except for the snow and frigid cold) I started my exercise program again and I feel so much better.

Alaskan glad to hear you're feeling better, take care.

Misha I used to have a smoothie for breakfast, it was tasty though, :D, unsweet vanilla almond milk, kale, baby spinach, wheat germ, banana and peanut butter, I love it, DH not so much, he calls it a green nightmare, lol,we have the Ninja, it works great. I weigh myself very day, at the same time in my morning routine, weight fluctuations from morning to night, after having a coffee, after working out, can drive you crazy, I only compare week to week.

Larry you are doing great!

Syckgirlsfv
01-03-2014, 07:28 PM
Diana - thanks for thinking of me! the appointment went fine, but as usual they don't tell you anything at all. Gotta wait for the doc, I guess. She did look like she was measuring the diameter of something dark and round...who knows.

Hey all fish eaters...it's time to stop! There is so much radiation coming overseas from Fukushima, and it's been found in ALL seafood. It isn't safe anymore...sorry :(

Ok I bought a drink mix called Raw Fit and it's EXPENSIVE, but it's all raw and vegan and there's 28 grams of protein in it, it also helps with appetite. Had it this morning and wasn't hungry until after 10! Plus, it goes great in almond milk!

B - Raw fit mixed w/almond milk
S - 1 slice Ezekiel bread with 1/4 avocado
L - half of a mushroom stuffed chicken breast and about 5 asparagus
S - fuji apple and 6 almonds

I'm still ok and not too hungry! Gotta go buy a new laptop tonight...my power jack port is broken. laptop is only 3 years old, but why waste time and money sending it out? Need new one NOW. School starts Tuesday! :book2:

Anyway happy new year everyone!!! :woo:

novangel
01-03-2014, 08:18 PM
Alaskan, if you feel weak don't push.. I know you feel guilt but the gym isn't going anywhere. You'll be back at it in no time. :) I loathe being sick.

Misha, I am a Jillian fanatic too. I did 30 Day Shred and Ripped in 30 last year and now I am starting all over again. I lost some (ok, probably all) of the tone she gave me because I have been doing nothing but running for months on end. She works wonders but is brutal on the thighs.

Hey all fish eaters...it's time to stop! There is so much radiation coming overseas from Fukushima, and it's been found in ALL seafood. It isn't safe anymore...sorry

Really? :o

IanG
01-03-2014, 08:38 PM
Down 1.6lbs today to 165.4lbs. I'll try to drink more water, else I think the cycle will continue.

Breakfast: 1/2 cup Oats with 1 cup non-fat milk, 1 dried apricot, vanilla and cinnamon, 1 teaspoon honey, 1 coffee, milk, no sugar.

Lunch: Albacore tuna, kippers, sardines, lunch herring, 10 anchovies, 2 scrambled eggs, pickled garlic, tabasco sauce, hemp seed, 4 olives, kimchi, blueberries, tomato, seaweed, mushrooms, red onion, kidney beans, spinach, lentils, 1 chestnut.

Exercise: Ran 10k.

Diana3271
01-03-2014, 10:23 PM

Larry Good job staying within your goal range. How is your DW?

Psychic Have fun at the party! Hmm, "hard caramel apple cider" sounds delish! Enjoy!

Alaskanlaughter Take it easy and don't push too hard.

Misha Does your DH still drink the smoothies? My DH gets on a kick and then will drop it like a hot potato. :rofl: I tried an Asian Salmon Artisan Bistro meal today. It was very good, too.

Kelijpa Good job starting back with your exercise program. Is your DH doing the exercise, too?

Syckgirlsfv Hopefully you will get the info/results quickly. Did you get the new laptop? Does it have Windows 8?

Novangel Is work still busy or did it calm down some?

Ian Good job on the 1.6 pounds! Hopefully the extra water will help. If not, at least it won't hurt anything.

IanG
01-03-2014, 10:26 PM
It might hurt the water bill Diana.

Diana3271
01-03-2014, 10:31 PM
Total Approx 1475 Calories + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch 430 calories
Artisan Bistro Sesame Ginger Wild Salmon Bowl 270 Calories
Roasted cauliflower 80 calories
Apple 80 calories

Dinner (650 Calories)
Chicken salad wrap 400 calories
Steamed veggies 150 calories
fruit cup 100 calories

Exercise:
earlier in the day: The Yoga Solution With Tara Stiles / Yoga for Holiday Meal Digestion
War 3 w/#1 hand weights
Lindsay Brin's 10 Minute Hiit Cardio

Diana3271
01-03-2014, 10:33 PM
It might hurt the water bill Diana.

Ha Ha Well, don't drink that much! :lol: Or if you are like me, before I found out about the angioedema, I would drink extra water to help "flush" my system. Since I was having a reaction the extra water would just hang around on top of what I already had. :rofl: Talk about miserable!

Misha
01-03-2014, 11:23 PM
Friday, January 3, 2014: 1700 calories
Exercise: 1 hour hatha yoga class with DH
Breakfast: 300 calories / 3 tablespoons peanut butter. (DH made the breakfast smoothie today. After he left for work, I had to throw it down the sink because it was so bad tasting. I was running late so I improvised a quick breakfast with some p.b. instead.)
Lunch: 600 calories 2 cups steamed brocolli & food court bourbon chicken.
Mid-afternoon stress weakness:75 calories/ 3 Werners candies -- 75 calories that ultimately didn't satisfy
Late afternoon: 200 calories Hungry at office with 1-2 hours to go, so I ate an emergency package of oatmeal with a little creamer.
Dinner: 525 calories 3 London broil strips (250), tablespoon horseradish sauce (50), large serving of brussel sprouts in light butter sauce (200), tablespoon chunky applesauce (25) for "dessert"

Alaskanlaughter, I'm glad everyone is feeling better.

Kelijpa, your "green nightmare" sounds rather good! ... I'm going to adopt your idea to look at the weight from a weekly, rather than a daily, perspective, too.

Syckgirlsfv, I'm sorry you're in waiting mode on the test results. Hang in there! Thanks for mentioning the Fukushima radiation claims, too. I'll have to read more about that ... Your Raw Fit mix sounds great!

Novaangle, Jillian certainly does tone things up, doesn't she? Running does, too! I ran for years, and nothing worked better on my lower body. I may take it up again in 2014.

Ian, I like your dinner ...

Diana, it's crazy, but I'm more like your DH! My DH is the one who wants to drink smoothies each workday morning. I would probably skip smoothies altogether if I hadn't seen clear benefits. I prefer Cheerios, ha! .... Thanks for mentioning the other salmon dinner, too. I'm putting both Artisans on my grocery list.

Syckgirlsfv
01-04-2014, 12:15 AM
Diana got such an amazing laptop! Toshiba Satellite Ultrabook, touchscreen, and yes it has windows 8, which I happen to love already! It's so cool, maybe a little more involved at first because you have to learn how to navigate it, but I am used to iPhones and iPads, so all the apps and stuff are very friendly to me. I love how you can just start typing something you want to find on the start screen and it just finds it for you!

Novangel sadly, yes...but they're trying to cover it up like they always do by saying it isn't that bad. The blue fin have been coming up radioactive along with all other seafood. Radioactive waste has been pouring in to the ocean on a daily basis for over a year now! And NOBODY has bothered to really try to contain it. Thanks, Japan!

Misha the waiting game does suck, but I'm not overly concerned yet!

alaskanlaughter
01-04-2014, 01:49 AM
I am really really tired again tonight and I don't know why :(

I went to the gym this morning and did 2/3 of my normal workout....doing 2 sets of each machine instead of 3 so shortened it a bit...I was busy and didn't eat much until much later in the day...and even then wasn't too much...my teenager came home today :D and I ran some errands...nothing much else and I still feel awfully exhausted

Diana3271
01-04-2014, 09:40 AM

Last night I added on: Short Rest from AM PM Yoga for Beginners

Calories for yesterday: 1475 + :coffee:
Weigh In: 168.8
Down: .4

Have a great day!

kelijpa
01-04-2014, 10:45 AM
Good morning all!

Feeling good, down 0.5 lbs, feeling the exercise, but in a good way.

Diana DH and I are doing the weight loss challenge together and when we can walk/hike together, but he does his work out and I do mine. This program I'm doing is one of those things I've started a few times and never get all the way to 12 weeks, so I'm making that my goal, kind of like I did with the C25K, just want to see if if can do it, then transition into (hopefully by then) some type of maintenance program. And hopefully by then the weather will be nice enough again to do most of my cardio outside!

Larry H
01-04-2014, 12:25 PM
Alas, all good things must end. My weight today is the same as yesterday 278 lbs. The whoosh is over but the good news was there was no bounce back.

Yesterday "1/3/2014" Food

1,121 calories - daily goal is 1,650
158 carbs - daily goal is 227
26 fat - daily goal is 55
72 protein - daily goal is 62
1,945 sodium - daily goal is 2,500
26 fiber - daily goal is 29

Alaskan Hope you are feeling better by now. I had a Summer Cold/flu? that stayed with me a whole month this year.

kelijpa Thanks for the encouragement and congrats on the 1/2 pound loss.

Syckgirlsfv The fish eaters among us, me included, will be easy to find in the dark after Fukushima.

IanG Congrats on the 1.6lbs. My cardiologist says I need to be careful with the water. Too much and I will be in the hospital or worse.

Diana Thanks for your support. My DW is rapidly becoming immobile due to severe arthritis in her knees. The orthpedic surgeons we have seen all say she needs total knee replacements but none of them will do the surgery due to the fact that she is allergic to ALL of the pain medications needed post surgery.

Misha I got a big smile visualizing you throwing the smoothie down the sink after tasting it.

novangel
01-04-2014, 06:12 PM
SO bloated! I wish stupid TOM would start already because I feel like a waterbed. :mad:

Another 8-10" of snow coming on top of the 10" we already have and then temps are going to drop to -50. Never in my life..

I had to run errands all day before the snow started so no gym for me. *sigh* I will try for Jillian but I'm still very sore.

IanG
01-04-2014, 08:19 PM
Thanks Larry H. You are doing awesome on meeting your targets by the way! Well done. My father-in-law was diagnosed with heart failure when he came to stay with us (a 2 week visit, turned into a 2.5 month hospital stay). So I am well-versed with the evils of too much water. I hope you are well. My advice for a healthy heart is it consume a lot of oily fish. I do and I have benefitted enormously. It sounds like you enjoy fish too :).

Anyway up 0.2lbs today to 165.6lbs.

I have had a crazy day. I had to take the kids to a birthday party and do grocery shopping. Added to that I tried to fit in a workout. So the bottom line is I did not have time to eat my usual so I turned the day into a big cut. I also did a hyrbid workout today where I combined running with weight training. I do not like to do that (I like to do both some days but with a few hours rest in between). But, today, no time. But because of the limited food I am looking for a loss tomorrow.

Breakfast: 1/2 cup Oats with 1 cup non-fat milk, 1 dried apricot, vanilla and cinnamon, 1 teaspoon honey, 1 coffee, milk, no sugar. Sardines. Kippers.

Lunch: Kippers. Crab. Yep, that was it!

Exercise: Did 1 hour weight training followed immediately by a 5k run.

Inkrid
01-04-2014, 10:36 PM
Ate really well (good) today in the beginning ~ coffee with cream, bacon, hot dog without the bun (at mercy of vendors during son's track event) and had nuts for a snack.

Didn't eat until stomach literally talked to me. Then got Chinese for family and teenage friends coming in and out. Ate mostly beef and broccoli or chicken.

Will bust out the Nutri-Bullet tomorrow. It is time!!

Larry H
01-04-2014, 10:59 PM
I sort of painted myself into a corner with today's food choices. I am way too low on calories, only 810. :(

I am not hungry at all but I know I should eat at least 1,2.00 calories each day for proper nutrition. Sodium is my problem, at 2,146 I am very close to my daily limit. Experience has shown me that I don't fare well with too much sodium. My cardiologist calls me very sodium sensitive. I retain water like crazy and that is not good for my heart. :(

I have decided my heart trumps everything else so I am going to leave well enough alone and not eat anything more today. :) I will watch my sodium closer tomorrow. The problem stemmed from eating Progresso Light Chicken and Dumpling soup today. It is evident that I need to start cooking my own low sodium soups and quit using most canned soups.

Today "1/4/2014" Food

810 calories - daily goal is 1,650
109 carbs - daily goal is 227
10 fat - daily goal is 55
46 protein - daily goal is 62
2,146 sodium - daily goal is 2,500
22 fiber - daily goal is 29

Diana3271
01-05-2014, 12:11 AM

We just got home. I have been in and out of the office all week. I have been working on closing out my monthly books. I put our mail (business) on hold with the idea that I would pick it up while we were closed. Every time I went in to get it they told me that it was not there. Hmm, well where is it? I am hoping the delivery person took it with them to deliver every day. So frustrating to request something to be done and they don't do it correctly. I wasted so much time waiting in line and on top of that I haven't been able to start on my A/P's. :mad: I told DH that we will not take any more time off until he installs a mailbox on the building. At least they can deliver the mail to the box and I will be able to get it out. We have never had this problem before.

Total Approx 1495 Calories + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch 350 Calories
Artisan Bistro Salmon dinner 280 calories
roasted cauliflower 70 calories

I am starving snack! 100 calories
raw sugar snap peas 100 calories

Dinner (650 Calories)
6 very small grilled chicken tenderloins 250 calories
3 servings turnip greens 300 calories
corn muffin top 100 calories

Exercise:
KCM's 30 MTF Start Here Cardio Sculpt and Upper Body Weights w/#8's & #10's
TF Hiit 15

alaskanlaughter
01-05-2014, 01:12 AM
I am very short-changed on sleep today and did not go to the gym...im also still recovering from being sick and don't want to press it...I have an extremely busy week coming up starting Monday...I did some stuff around the house and made venison stew for dinner....im exhausted but I made almost entirely good food choices today....

Misha
01-05-2014, 01:29 AM
Hi! Just a quick check-in. I ate 1,850 calories. Splurges.

I did STS Meso 1 - Week 1 - Workout 3 - Legs.

kelijpa
01-05-2014, 09:50 AM
Stayed the same at weigh-in

Yesterday was pizza day, we actually managed to make two meals out of it, used to eat the whole thing at the restaurant :D yikes

Hope everyone has a good day!

Diana3271
01-05-2014, 10:03 AM

Last night I added on: Letting Go and Completing Your Day from Gael Chiarella's PM Yoga Meditations

Calories for yesterday: 1495 + :coffee:
Weigh In: 168
Down: .8

Have a great day!

kelijpa
01-05-2014, 04:46 PM
Doing a juice/veg day to kick start the program. Had a 100 cal. Hot chocolate after a really tough 3 mile hike on snowshoes w/DH,can't tell you how blessed I feel to have a nice warm house to be in, you could feel the temperature dropping as we were coming back.

Diana love the description of your snack, great choice under those circumstances, it would be so easy to grab something less healthy when you're starving.

alaskanlaughter
01-05-2014, 05:10 PM
im feeling back to normal today and went for a full weight workout today....I felt weak still and not at my normal strength but I completed it...it felt like it took a much longer time to finish my workout but when I looked at the clock, it hadn't taken any more time...but it FELT so much longer than I almost thought the clocks were wrong lol

I need a shower and to run errands and do laundry today....I go back to work tomorrow :( ughhhhh....staring down the barrel of a long, stressful, busy time now going into the second half of the school year, spring break and summer which all are much much busier than they sound

IanG
01-05-2014, 07:51 PM
Down 1.8lbs today after the cut to 163.8lbs.

Ate normally today.

Breakfast: 1/2 cup Oats with 1 cup non-fat milk, 1 dried apricot, vanilla and cinnamon, 1 teaspoon honey, 1 coffee, milk, no sugar. Sardines.

Lunch: Smoked salmon, jumbo lump crab, baby prawns, lunch herring, 10 anchovies, 2 eggs scrambled, 3 quails eggs, pickled garlic, tabasco sauce, hemp seed, 4 olives, kimchi, blueberries, tomato, seaweed, mushrooms, red onion, kidney beans, spinach, lentils, 1 chestnut.

Exercise: Ran 10k.

Larry H
01-05-2014, 09:10 PM
Good evening all - I was mostly on plan today so it was a good day. Since it was 76 and sunny today, I even took down the outside Christmas decorations. It was a great day to be outside and enjoy the warmth. This is supposed to all change on Tuesday morning. They say we will be around mid 20 degrees.

I think I need some WD-40 for my scale as the needle seems to be stuck at 278 :dizzy:

Today's Food "1/5/2014"

Breakfast
1 cup Raisin Bran with 1/2 cup 2% milk

Lunch
4 oz Grilled Turkey Breast Steak
1/2 cup Mashed Potato
1/2 cup Yellow Corn

Dinner
4 slices of Cici"s 12" buffet pizza
1/2 cup Cici's Pasta Salad

Snack
1 Medium Granny Smith Apple
1 cup Del Monte NO SALT ADDED Leaf Spinach
1 Tbsp Cider Vinegar

1,573 calories - daily goal is 1,650 :D
248 carbs - daily goal is 227 :(
30 fat - daily goal is 55 :D
73 protein - daily goal is 62 :(
2,721 sodium - daily goal is 2,500 :(
33 fiber - daily goal is 29 :D

roadbikerchick
01-05-2014, 09:28 PM
Happy New Year, everyone!

I used to post here a couple of years ago, and then got out of the habit. I've gained 20 pounds :?:

I know my goal should be to lose 20 pounds, but that's just too much to contemplate. Even 10...even 5. Someone at my work says that the way to handle a big problem is to half it, and then half it again, until the part you're left with seems manageable.

Two or three pounds. That seems manageable.

I'll post this, then get caught up on all of you. Talk soon!:D

Diana3271
01-05-2014, 10:54 PM

We just got back a birthday party/get together. It was held at an Italian restaurant. It was something that I had to attend. I didn't even want to talk about it earlier. I just wanted to do the best I could with the circumstances and try not to worry about it too much. It's frustrating because I am just getting back on track from the holidays. I asked the waitress a few questions. There were not any options for grilled protein/veggies. We have never been to this place before and we will not go back. Unless we are in a similar situation. Although, I think if DH knew the party was going to be held at this same place, he would opt out. :lol: I will try to do my best with estimating the calories.

Alaskanlaughter Good luck with your first day back to work. I know the feeling. I was starting to get used to having the time off. :lol:

Misha Good job on the workout!

kelijpa Good job with enjoying the pizza in moderation. I'm telling you! I can have some moments of starvation and bottomless pit going on! :lol: It gets really ugly!

Ian Good job on the 1.8 pounds.

Larry Good job on your day.

roadbikerchick I remember you. Welcome back! :welcome2:

Diana3271
01-05-2014, 10:59 PM
Total Approx 1645 Calories + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (350 calories)
Broiled salmon 170 calories
cauliflower 100 calories
apple 80 calories

Dinner (900 calories)
Plain salad w/ranch on the side 150 calories
bread w/olive oil 200 calories
chicken marsala 250 calories (it came with a side of pasta but I didn't eat it)
Small chocolate cupcake w/cream cheese frosting 300 calories

No Exercise

PostWeddingsmallsize
01-06-2014, 12:09 AM
Ate too much last night enabled husband asked if I wanted more and I just went for it.

Starting today with this don't remember what I ate.

Was hoping to work out by now but too sick too still. :(

alaskanlaughter
01-06-2014, 01:53 AM
I felt fine today after my normal weight workout....even though I posted earlier that it was a hard workout to get through, I wasn't weak or exhausted later today...I ran errands, did laundry and got the kids scrubbed up and clean for sunday night lol....I didn't eat dinner and am hungry but nothing sounds good...I hate going to bed hungry though because in the morning I am RAVENOUS and my schedule in the mornings doesn't allow me to really sit and eat

kelijpa
01-06-2014, 06:48 AM
Got some of that water eight off yesterday, down 2.6 back to 159.4

B- cream of wheat, unsweet van almond milk, banana
L- spring mix, BH Italian, salsa ranch, avocado
D- DH making a salad
S- giant navel orange (counting as 2 med) plum
E- functionals and exercise bike planned, hope to get in walk at work

Feeling good about getting back on plan, wind is whipping out there, everything is melting right now, it's about 40 supposed to drop to the single digits tonight so everything should freeze up...yuck, oh well spring is coming, about 75 days!

Hope everyone has a great day :sunny:

Diana3271
01-06-2014, 08:10 AM

Going back to work today! I really do need to find a way to retire!

Last night I did: Cleanse and Rest from Sara Ivanhoe's Taste

Calories for yesterday: 1645 + :coffee:
Weigh In: 168.2
Up: .2 (I will take it, especially with the birthday party at the Italian restaurant!)

PostWeddingsmallsize Hi and welcome to the check-in! :welcome2: Today is a new day! Keep trying.

Have a great day and start to your week!

Psychic
01-06-2014, 08:29 AM
Yesterday's Calories: 1640
Today's Weight: 177.4 (Must be from Sodium on Saturday)

B - Turkey, Ranch and Swiss Pinwheels (2) + Cucumbers + Broccoli
S - Homemade Nut Roll (2 inch slice)
L - Turkey, Ranch and Swiss Pinwheels (3) + Sliced Swiss Cheese (2)
S - Black & White Trail Mix (1/4 c.)
D - Spring Mix Salad (1 c.) w/ Venison (3 oz.), Shredded Cheddar (1/8 c.), Mixed Veggies and Light Ranch (1 Tbsp)
S - Doritos (1 serving) + Sliced Swiss Cheese (2)

I should have cut out the doritos, but dad was eating some and they sounded really good. I really should cut back on cheese as well. Gym today, as long as its not too icy out. Its supposed to be 10 degrees by the time I get off work.

novangel
01-06-2014, 12:10 PM
This weather is just brutal. Between 2 bad snow storms and now dangerous record low temps I haven't been able to do anything. Not even drive. Work and schools are closed. To top it off TOM has me fatigued. :/

It's Jillian for sure today. I don't do -50.

I'm just sitting here a bloated mess with cabin fever. :spin:

IanG
01-06-2014, 12:14 PM
Up 1.4lbs today to 165.2lbs.

It's going to get cold people! 5 degrees in DC when I wake up tomorrow!

Breakfast: 1/2 cup Oats with 1 cup non-fat milk, 1 dried apricot, vanilla and cinnamon, 1 teaspoon honey, 1 coffee, milk, no sugar. Kippers. Sardines.

Lunch: Smoked salmon, dungeness crab, clams, lunch herring, 10 anchovies, 2 eggs scrambled, 2 quails eggs, pickled garlic, tabasco sauce, hemp seed, 4 olives, kimchi, blueberries, tomato, seaweed, mushrooms, red onion, kidney beans, spinach, lentils.

Exercise: Did 1 hour weight training this morning and 50 minutes spinning class before lunch.

alaskanlaughter
01-06-2014, 02:30 PM
This weather is just brutal. Between 2 bad snow storms and now dangerous record low temps I haven't been able to do anything. Not even drive. Work and schools are closed. To top it off TOM has me fatigued. :/

It's Jillian for sure today. I don't do -50.

I'm just sitting here a bloated mess with cabin fever. :spin:

I hate being stuck inside for any reason for very long :(

up north where I grew up, my high school closed at -50 degrees....if it was -45 we were still out on the road waiting for the school bus....however dad wouldn't drive anywhere if it got down to -30, maybe just for water if we needed to haul water....I grew up without running water

mamakat
01-06-2014, 02:44 PM
Good Afternoon Everyone,

It's been a super long time and whole lot of bad habits (ie. no exercise and gluten full foods). Today is the start of cleansing my body. Hopefully, I will see the 20 pounds I've gained the last few months come off in the next two months or so. I've grown uncomfortable in my own skin which I hate. But I have no one to blame, but myself, so it will be me that gets me back on the horse.

I went for a 90 min walk in the rain. I have a routine started in my gym during the cold and snowy days, but the walks burn more calories and are less boring. So, when I can, I will walk.

I have a new neurologist who says, he doesn't think I have MD (let's hope he's right). He will run me through every test possible in the next few weeks. I've already given 8 vials of blood...he should have given me a heads up, I was dizzy afterwards :lol: Good news, I'm not even close to being Diabetic which runs in my family. Bad news, my kidneys are taking a little hit from my Lithium intake...so we have to work through that. First thing first, get Celiac's back under control because chances are I haven't been absorbing properly the past few months.

So back to the health track.

Hello, Diana, I hope your new year is starting off wonderful. I need to catch up with a warm cup of coffee before I make any kind personal. I hope everyone is having healthy year. Stay positive. :D

Larry H
01-06-2014, 03:43 PM
Today is a great day, I have been staying on plan and the scale rewarded me with a 2 lb loss today. :D:carrot::D

Misha Hi, Hope your day is going well

kelijpa Congrats on the 2.6 lb loss, WAY TO GO. DW and I have pizza out ocasionally. yesterday It was Cici's Buffet and I would be faced with a huge variety and all you can eat. To counter this I went on line and printed out thier nutrition sheet and took it with me. I selected the best calorie / sodium balance I could and ate 3 pieces of Pepperoni & Japapeno and 1 slice of Buffalo Chicken. All pizza's are 12 inch. This totaled to 606 calories and 1,240 mg sodium. This was well within my calorie and sodium allowance.

IanG You are doing so great! Have you developed Gills yet from eating all of the fish?:D You drink beer with the strangest names I ever heard of. :dizzy:

roadbikerchick Great to have you back. I was missing also and have been back only since December 30th.

Diana - I can understand your frustration at the new restauarant but you summed it up well by saying "I will try to do my best with estimating the calories." Sometimes that is all we can do.

PostWeddingsmallsize Sometimes we all eat too much. Pick your self up and start again. The only people that fail are those who stop trying.

Psychic If you are like me sodium weight gains come off much slower than they go on.

novangel Stay safe in that weather. I am originally from the Buffalo, NY area and have occasionally seen snow myself.

alaskanlaughter Driving for water at -30 degrees? Are you sure it was water and not ice you brought back?

mamakat I remember you. Great that you are back. I have only been back about a week my self.

Syckgirlsfv
01-06-2014, 05:52 PM
hi guys and gals! :wave::wave::wave:

doing well...loving new touch laptop and LOVING this So Cal weather! It's 75 and sunny right now :sunny: I feel bad for all you that are somewhere freezing - but this is warm even for me in January. We are looking at 73 degree weather all week in to the weekend so far - which is good because I start school tomorrow night.

I made zoodles last night! LOL I spiralized zucchini with my new spiralizer...here's a pic:

I sauteed them in coconut oil and served ground turkey in alfredo sauce over them...yum!

ok today:
B - raw fit in almond milk
L - bbq chicken breast and sweet potato fries (leftover from Saturday's lunch0
S - salad w/energy mix and vinaigrette, an apple
D - leftover ground turkey and alfredo sauce served over ZOODLES!!! I'll shred a sweet potato with my spiralizer, too, or red potatoes...ends up being like hash browns when sauteed.

gym tonight...

IanG
01-06-2014, 06:02 PM
*Newsflash* I have decided to cut my alcohol consumption in half to see if it has an impact on my weightloss.

Big one for me this as it was always a red line for my diet. To have given up beer would have broken my diet long ago.

But I need to see once and for all if beer is now stalling me out and whether, by implication, all the calorie counters are right.

If the weight drops in a week or two, the beer gets the chop.

Watch this space.

alaskanlaughter
01-06-2014, 06:59 PM
im not as tired as i expected i would be for jumping right back into work today....i went to bed just after 9 p.m. and didn't fall asleep til closer to 10 p.m...i woke up at midnight when DH came to bed...i woke up at 2 a.m. when little niece came to sleep in our room and i woke up at 5:30 a.m. and didn't sleep after that, just dozed off n on...

i had a hard weight workout today and it felt almost back to normal....i've been busy since 6 a.m. and really wont be done until little niece goes to sleep by 9 p.m.....i get home around 6:20 p.m. and then cook dinner, get stuff done at home, and settle niece to bed around 8 p.m. and then actually PUT her to sleep at 8:30 p.m. and after much routine fussing for her mom (who isn't ever home at night) she will be asleep by 9 p.m.

kelijpa
01-06-2014, 09:19 PM
Stuck to the plan today, ended up with a meatless Monday kind of by accident, almost had fish steaks on the salad but we had so much veg left them off. TOM showed up today (sorry for the TMI guys :D) sometimes it affects my weight sometimes not. Managed to get in a good walk at work and my exercises. I decided to stay home tomorrow, I'll be dreaming of SoCal tonight, lol, we're only going to have the one bad day tomorrow, I feel so bad for the people in the northern Midwest, brutal.

Larry great job planning, I do so much better when I look before I go. I get annoyed at myself when I eat first and then look up, never works out the way I think it's going to... :)

Ian! wow, bold move! I'll be interested to see how beer makes out, I remember poor hummus...lol.

mamakat welcome back, sounds like you're in a good frame of mind to get back to your healthy habits. Best of luck with all your tests, wishing you well.

:wave: Diana

Syckgirlsfv your zoodles look awesome, do you cook them? I read a little after you posted about the spiralizer, some people said they eat them as part of a raw diet, some said they warm them, oops, I just remembered you said you sautťed them! :rofl: what a memory I have

Diana3271
01-06-2014, 10:34 PM

Another TMI here! TTOM ended on Jan 1 and it decided to show up today. Not sure what's going on with that, but that happened last month, too. It lasted only 1 or 2 days My thyroid has an effect on my TTOM. The Dr. increased my meds last month so maybe that's what's going on. Also, my last TTOM was a little shorter than it had been. Maybe the extra meds will help to shorten it and regulate things better. Who knows. Probably just another change I have to deal with. :lol:

Psychic UGH! On the sodium. Were you able to make it to the gym?

Novangel I hope it warms up where you are. We are suppose to have a wind chill of 0 in the morning. I can't do -50!

Ian Do you think you can estimate the calories in your regular beer and then find one that you will enjoy that's lower in calories? Maybe one glass of wine? Everyone is different, but I personally feel alcohol affects my metabolism. This may not be true for you, though. I admit that it impairs my judgement with food, but it seems like everything really slows down for a while. Not sure why it does that for me.

Mamakat I thought about you a lot during the holidays. I am so glad you checked back in. I hope they can eliminate the MD and you don't have that. LOL on the 8 vials of blood. You can just say that you had an appointment with the vampires. ;) I'm glad you are getting back on track. I know you will feel better. I had a gain during the holidays, so I've got work to do, too.

Larry Good job on the 2 pounds! Yes, sometimes that's all we can do. The birthday party was for a really good friend who has been very sick this past year. I didn't want to draw attention to me at the restaurant. I just managed the best I could.

Syckgirlsfv Love the look of the zoodles. Do you have a link for the spiralizer you have? A local kitchen gadget store was advertising a hand held model that looked good. I haven't had a chance to go check it out.

Alaskanlaughter Any news from the police about the phone calls?

Diana3271
01-06-2014, 10:36 PM
Total Approx 1380 Calories + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (385 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 100 calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 calories
Honey mustard/Lettuce 25 calories
Oikos Strawberry Greek Yogurt 4 ounce container 100 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner 600 Calories
Baked chicken 300 calories
spinach 100 calories
turnip greens 100 calories
cabbage 100 calories

Exercise:
KCM's 30 MTF Start Here Lower Body Minimizer Premix w/#10's
LM Pump Combat w/#1's

Syckgirlsfv
01-06-2014, 11:43 PM
Diana it's this one: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GRIR87M/ref=oh_details_o04_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I just did red potatoes and fried them in coconut oil plus a little Pam, and they were so good! I am having too much fun with this thing...I will find everything that I can possibly spiralize!!!

So dinner was the leftover ground turkey in alfredo served over the zoodles...and a few bites of the red potatoes I made for DH. My stomach is terribly bloated and I don't know why it should be. I didn't eat anything junky at ll today! GRRRR
I'm getting tired of this. :tantrum::tantrum::tantrum::tantrum::tantrum::tant rum:

roadbikerchick
01-07-2014, 12:08 AM
Hi Everyone!

I'm posting this so late! I hope you've all had an on-plan day!

MamaKat, Larry, Diana, and Alaskanlaughter: I remember all of you, and you're all looking fantastic! :carrot: Good to see you all again! :hug:

I had an okay day today - I did an indoor bike workout before work today, and I stayed close to the calorie limit I set for myself. I'm just getting back into good habits again, and I'm still working on building up motivation.

I've found something that helps me get through the evening cravings - ginger tea! I brew some ginger in water, add a little lemon juice and artificial sweetener and - tada - a warm and tasty evening treat for almost no calories. :coffee:

I really, really hope the scale will go down, even a teensy bit, in the morning.

See you all soon!

novangel
01-07-2014, 01:01 AM
I got beat up by Jillian and now I'm going to sleep before I get super hungry. Back to work tomorrow....I hope my car starts after sitting in the parking lot all day. :crossed: School is still closed.

All this sitting around the past few days pre-Tom didn't help boredom snacking. I demolished a great deal of chex mix. Oh well!

Goodnight!

novangel
01-07-2014, 01:05 AM
Ian, I'm betting the beer is causing a stall. I always had a problem with it as well as a lot of other people.

Diana3271
01-07-2014, 08:19 AM

Kelijpa Good job getting your walk and exercise in. I know it's terribly cold. Are you off from work today? If so, enjoy your day.

Calories for yesterday: 1380 + :coffee:
Weigh In: 167.6 (TTOM)

Have a great day!

kelijpa
01-07-2014, 09:10 AM
Good morning all!

I am home Diana glad I chose to take the day off, -6 according to the thermometer on the deck, w/TOM good day to just hang out in the house.

Down 0.4 to 159 happy about that, motivates me to stay OP today.

Plan
B - cream of wheat, banana
L - spring mix, Italian, avocado
S- plum, Kerrigan chai latte
D- Frozen cod, Normandy mixed veg, homemade tartar sauce
E- recumbent bike

Psychic
01-07-2014, 11:35 AM
Yesterday's Calories: 1619
Today's Weight: 176.2 (better than yesterday)

B - Slimfast Shake
S - Yogurt Covered Pretzels
L - Venison + Twice Baked Broccoli & Cheese Potato
S - Oh Henry Bar
D - Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup + French Bread
S - Tortilla Chips + Homemade Ranch Dip

Carbs. My problem is definitely carbs. And its not even sweets or pasta. I'm a sucker for potatoes and gourmet breads. Its something I need to work on, but I don't know where to start. If I don't eat enough carbs, I get light-headed and shaky (possible pre-diabetes).

Syckgirlsfv
01-07-2014, 01:16 PM
TMI warning...TMI warning!!!

Damn TOM finally arrived...12 days late! There were 40 days in between...WTH???:?::?::?: to top it off it HURTS...that is very unusual. And no word from the doctor's office at all regarding the ultrasounds. Shouldn't they have the report already? ARGH! And school starts tonight. And I have cramps. And it sucks.

Moving on...the menu:
B - Raw Fit / almond milk
L - Salad w/romaine, ham, energy mix, avocado, vinaigrette
S - I failed to bring one.
D - not sure - need to whip up something fast when I get home so that I can leave for school by around 5:15, since it's the first night back it will be crazy crowded and I want to find parking with no hassles...AND I have to find my class!

Wish me luck with today...it's already a challenge! :dizzy:

Diana3271
01-07-2014, 04:17 PM
Syckgirlsfv That spiralizer looks like a good one. I hope you start feeling better quickly. My TTOM's have always been horrible. Can you call the Dr. to get an update on what they found?

roadbikerchick Good job getting back into the swing of things. Sometimes it takes a while. Keep with it and it will all come together for you.

Novangel How is your day going? Did your car start and get you to work?

Kelijpa UGH! on the -6! I hope you enjoyed your day off and stayed nice and toasty.

Psychic Maybe you can swap out some of the simple sugars/carbs for more complex versions. Make the change a little at a time so you don't miss anything or feel deprived.

novangel
01-07-2014, 04:17 PM
I walked into work this morning and it was 46 degrees. The heat wasn't working. The owner's husband was trying to get us to stay by bringing a small space heater (for a huge salon) that was doing absolutely nothing so he headed out for a second one. :lol: We couldn't feel our toes or fingers. Um.....No! Call me when the REAL heat is working again. We called his wife and bailed at 11am.

So another day of not making any money. Have to suck it up and deal.

Off to the gym.

Syckgirlsfv
01-07-2014, 05:10 PM
Diana the doctor's office did call soon after my post - they want me to come in on Monday to discuss the results of the ultrasound, but they said it isn't' urgent. we'll see! My coworker gave me ibuprofen and the cramps are gone, at least. I've never been one to have cramps or anything like that during TOM, so I'm thinking it has something to do with whatever's going on in there!

Inkrid
01-07-2014, 05:12 PM
So trying to eat only when I'm hungry (when my stomach starts talking to me). Had bacon at 8:30 AM, then didn't get hungry again until 1:30 PM and ate a Rueben Sandwich. Coffee was everywhere today, so don't know when my "dinner" will be as that filled/warmed me up.

Wish me luck saying "No thank you"!

IanG
01-07-2014, 05:16 PM
Well, so much for cutting out the beer. Up 2.8lbs today to 168.0lbs.

But I will give it two weeks. If no loss, the beer comes back.

Breakfast: 1/2 cup Oats with 1 cup non-fat milk, 1 dried apricot, vanilla and cinnamon, 1 teaspoon honey, 1 coffee, milk, no sugar. Kippers. Sardines.

Lunch: Smoked trout, jumbo lump crab, mussels, sardines, baby prawns, lunch herring, 11 anchovies, 2 eggs scrambled, 3 quails eggs, pickled garlic, tabasco sauce, hemp seed, 4 olives, kimchi, blueberries, tomato, seaweed, mushrooms, red onion, kidney beans, spinach, lentils.

Dinner: Nothing.

Exercise: Did 1 hour boxing this morning and ran 10k before lunch.

alaskanlaughter
01-07-2014, 06:07 PM
diana i heard yesterday that the police have a possible phone number from the search warrant...it's a cell phone number and they havent told me who it belongs to...they might not know yet...i understand that, in a police officer's work, my phone calls are not at the top of their priority list lol...if i dont hear in a few days, i'll get ahold of them again

im finally feeling back to normal although much less sleep than normal...little niece threw another huge fit at bedtime, screaming and crying for her mom who wasn't home....when her mom did come home around 9 p.m. she continued to cry for a long time, just too wound up to fall asleep...then she has difficulty falling asleep with her mom in her bedroom and it winds her up...her mom said she fell asleep closer to midnight and by then, the rest of us were in bed....she's been with us for 6 weeks(?) now, maybe a bit longer, and has NEVER been able to really fall asleep at night...partly a new environment and partly because her mom (our niece) isn't home on a very regular schedule *sigh*

novangel
01-07-2014, 06:49 PM
Alaskan, I hope they get to the bottom of it soon so the calls end as well as maybe get some answers. I would want to know who and why but that's just me.

I spent an hour at the gym and ran like a champion because it was very chilly in there. I hate winter but I can run WAY more efficient in colder temps. When it's swampy and 75 in there I can't stand it. I burn out real fast and feel over heated. Otherwise I love when it's 80 outdoors. :D

Hopefully they get the heat situation fixed at work. I don't want to lose money but don't want to freeze my @ss off either. :brr:

ReillyJ
01-07-2014, 08:35 PM
first time chiming in here

Think i'm going to switch up my (breakfast) one daily piece of bread (even though i LOVE seeds/nuts/whole grain healthy bread) that i have my whole egg, cheddar cheese and sugar free Jam on to one of those low carb whole grain tortilla's and see how it goes.
FAR less carbs than the bread and prolly at least 20 calories less.

roadbikerchick
01-07-2014, 09:15 PM
Hi everyone!

Had a pretty good day today. Scale is down .8 pounds. Did a workout just before supper Ė combination cardio and weights. Stayed within calorie limit today.

Novangel: I love your exercise ticker. Thatís a great idea!:D

IanG: give the no-beer approach a little more time, okay? Beer is a diuretic, and you might be experiencing water retention. :dizzy:

Inkrid: good luck saying no. :carrot:

Diana: Thanks for the encouragement. Baby steps, baby stepsÖ:hug:

Syckgirlsfv: (TMI alert!) Iím getting an ultrasound Friday for pelvic pain, just Iím past the stage of TOM pain. Hope you get some answers, and I hope itís something simple and treatable. :hug:

Everybody: Hope you had a great, on-plan day. Thanks for being there! ;););)

Diana3271
01-07-2014, 10:44 PM
Novangel I hope you can get into work tomorrow. I guess everyone could have turned their hair dryers on. :D Great job making the most of your day by getting to the gym. Good luck for tomorrow.

Syckgirlsfv Glad the ibuprofen helped and you are feeling better. At least you know it's not urgent. That's a relief.

Inkrid Good luck with your day!

Ian I think Tuesday is normally your gain day. Hopefully it will regulate and this will be your only one.

Alaskanlaughter Keep us updated. I hope the police get it figured out and soon.

ReillyJ Hi and Welcome to the check-in! :welcome: You have done a great job, so far! Are you working on maintenance now?

Roadbikerchick Good job on the .8 and your day!

Diana3271
01-07-2014, 10:46 PM

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (385 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (600 Calories)
Grilled salmon 400 calories
2 serving steamed veggies 200 calories

Exercise:
KCM's 30 MTF Start Here Cardio Sculpt and Upper Body Weights w/8's and 10's
KS Project You Long Lean

Lala165
01-07-2014, 11:13 PM
this is my third day of sticking to my dietary plan and I have struggled but remained focused and didn't cheat which is rare for me. For breakfast I had rice chex with 2% milk, orange and coffee morning snack had 2 pieces of cheese for lunch I had a sweet potato quesadilla mid day snack plain lowfat yogurt with peach for dinner I made vegetarian chili and evening snack I had 2 graham crackers with peanut butter and drank 64oz of water for the day

Larry H
01-08-2014, 12:51 AM
Busy day today, car repairs and Shriner Meetings

Today's Food "1/5/2014"

1,463 calories - daily goal is 1,650 :D
192 carbs - daily goal is 206 :D
39 fat - daily goal is 55 :D
97 protein - daily goal is 83 :(
2,321 sodium - daily goal is 2,500 :D
34 fiber - daily goal is 30 :D

alaskanlaughter
01-08-2014, 01:54 AM
Diana I haven't received a call from this guy in 4 weeks now but that also includes 2 weeks where I wasn't at work...however he seems to have turned his attention to two other teachers in the building and as recently as yesterday had placed calls asking for them

kelijpa
01-08-2014, 07:10 AM
Good morning all! Up 0.1 today, should have exhaled, lol. Happy with that. I can hear a plow or salt/cinder truck going by, it's -2 F supposed to be the end of the polar express/vortex I'm thankful it didn't come down further south or linger longer than it has. Sad when 19 degrees sounds warm...I feel so bad for people who've had this longer and more severe, can't imagine.

Plan
B - cream of wheat, choc almond milk, banana
L - spring mix, Italian, salsa ranch, avocado
S - orange, plum
D - ??
E - walk at work

Diana3271
01-08-2014, 08:23 AM

Last night I added on: Restorative Poses for Relaxation from Yoga for Stress Relief

Weigh In: 166.2
Down: 1.4 pounds

Lala165 Hi and Welcome to the check-in! :welcome2:

Have a great day!

Psychic
01-08-2014, 08:51 AM
Yesterday's Calories: 1415
Today's Weight: 177.2

B - Multigrain Flatbread w/ Ranch Dip (1.5 Tbsp), Crumbled Bacon (1Tbsp), and Swiss Cheese (2 Slices) + Ruffle Chips (1/2 serving)
L - Better Oats Blueberry Oatmeal w/ Peanut Butter (1 Tbsp)
S - Hard Caramel Cider (8 oz)
D - Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup (1 c.) + Ruffle Chips (1/2 serving)
S - 100 Calorie Popcorn + Swiss Cheese (1 Slice)

Did well with my calories yesterday, but my weight still went up. I really don't understand why my weight has been so high this week, because my calories have been below 1700 each day. At worst, those are maintenance calories.

roadbikerchick
01-08-2014, 09:51 AM
Good morning, all! :coffee:

Scale is down another .6 this morning. :carrot: I love the early, quick drops in weight. Soon the real work will begin! ;)

Lala: good for you!

Kelijpa: itís been cold here, too. -13 at its coldest. Supposed to go to 45 by Saturday. Break out the bathing suits!:^:

Larry: good job at staying on plan.:carrot:

My plan for today is to stick to 2000 calories or less. What, you might say, 2000 calories? Yes, I lose weight on that. Slowly, but I do lose. I also plan to do a one hour workout on my bike trainer. Itís a thing I mount my bike on indoors, and it allows me to ride as if Iím outdoors Ė sort of.

Iíll check in again later today. Have a great day, everyone! :cheer:

PS: thanks, Diana, for maintaining this area. Your hard work means so much!:hug:

roadbikerchick
01-08-2014, 09:53 AM
Psychic, try not to let it get you down. Your cycle can make a huge difference in how much water you retain. Tomorrow might be the day it changes. :)

Psychic
01-08-2014, 11:42 AM
Psychic, try not to let it get you down. Your cycle can make a huge difference in how much water you retain. Tomorrow might be the day it changes. :)

I am due for TOM next week, so maybe that's the issue. I usually don't retain this much water though.

By the way, I'm going to a hibachi tonight for a friend's birthday. I plan on bringing half of my dinner home with me. Research tells me that the full dinner is around 1600 calories. That includes Japanese Onion Soup, Ginger Salad, Sauteed Veggies, Lo Mein, Chicken Breast, 2 Jumbo Shrimp and Shrimp Sauce.

I knew I would be going over today, so I had a meal shake for breakfast, carrots for a snack, and I'll be having Italian Wedding Soup for lunch to minimize the damage.

IanG
01-08-2014, 12:18 PM
Holding steady at 168.0lbs. Perhaps I will see a drop tomorrow. In 2 weeks, I want to be consistently below 165 if the beer is to remain *gone*.

Lunch: Smoked trout, dungeness crab, smoked sturgeon, baby prawns, clams, 2 eggs scrambled, 3 quails eggs, pickled garlic, tabasco sauce, hemp seed, 4 olives, kimchi, blueberries, tomato, seaweed, mushrooms, red onion, kidney beans, spinach, lentils.

Exercise: Ran 10k in the morning. Did 1 hour weight lifting before lunch.

Radiojane
01-08-2014, 12:29 PM
Looks like everyone is doing well! I've been lurking a lot but I should start posting again. I did lose about 5 pounds over Christmas (and paid off the last of my non mortgage debt - who does that in December? Lol), but it's been EXTREMELY cold (like long stretches of days at -50C with the windchill), and it's affected my exercise, so I'm feeling weaker again. I did finally get to do some yoga on Monday night and I swam today.

Yesterday calories in 1117
sushi (cream cheese and salmon)
broccoli
Brussel sprouts
pork chop
cheddar cheese

No exercise just strenuous house work!

Syckgirlsfv
01-08-2014, 04:33 PM
Roadbikerchick - thank you and good luck on your ultrasound!

Diana - don't they always say it's not urgent, though...like, ok I won't die between now and Monday??:?::?::?: LOL :p

so today is good so far:

B - Raw Fit / almond milk
S - 5 wheat crackers w/gorgonzola cheese spread (somebody brought to work...I LOVE gorgonzola!)
L - Salad: romaine, ham, energy mix, goji berries, chia seeds, vinaigrette
S - I brought an orange...may or may not eat it
D - planning on cooking Omaha steaks and sauteing baby bella mushrooms to put on top, spiralizing sweet potato and frying in coconut oil, fresh steamed broccoli

gym tonight for chest/back/cario! school tomorrow night - accounting - thus, no exercise tomorrow. I've got to make up for it now!

Inkrid
01-08-2014, 04:43 PM
Had half a buttered roll this morning.

Kept myself busy.

Then went to the deli and had half of a chicken parm grinder. Gave other half to DH.

Made brownies (for the kids! ;) ) and only ate one!

Plan: Go to Church Night and have the main course so to speak, and forgo all the miscellaneous trappings.

alaskanlaughter
01-08-2014, 05:43 PM
i had a hard weight workout this morning but i have GOT to watch what i'm eating at home when the older kids bring home tons of junk food...with my niece and her bf in the house, there's starting to be an awful lot of junk food...pizza, Doritos, cake etc....and i've found myself eating bits of that...not tons, but a little...i try to make sure they are also using their food stamps to buy healthier things like milk, fruit, yogurt etc for all of us and especially her little girl

diana the police issued a search warrant today to find the name of the person that the cell phone belongs to :) maybe we'll have results soon!

im still parking in the very first visitor parking spot at the building, right below a streetlight, so i'm not walking alone with a child very far in the dark after work...since i work til 6 p.m. i'm often one of the last people leaving the building every night

novangel
01-08-2014, 06:16 PM
They finally got the heat fixed but I spent 50% of my work day feeling cold. Oh well, that's over... On to the next saga.

If anything I think I will break out Jillian tonight. BBL.

traveling michele
01-08-2014, 06:34 PM
I wandered over and found this thread-- I'd love to join you guys!

I had been happy maintaining for several years but I've had a weight creep that I can't seem to shake. Hoping some accountability helps! I haven't tracked my calories in years (I lost my weight with WW) but that may be my next step.

Breakfast--
Oatmeal (low cal, high fiber) with fruit and flax and a few slivered almonds on top, green tea

Snacks through the day--
some cherry tomatoes
some baby carrots
crunchy snack from Graze (I order snacks and they are DELISH!)-- this one was 80 calories

Lunch--
Tunafish with peppers and onions in a 60 calorie wrap (I used spices, balsamic vinegar and a small amount of nonfat greek yogurt in the tuna).
2 tomatoes

Dinner and exercise to come.....

kelijpa
01-08-2014, 07:35 PM
Plan v. Reality lol
B - cream of wheat, choc almond milk, banana
L - spring mix, Italian, salsa ranch, avocado
S - orange, plum
D - ?? Sausage and peppers, bully hill goat white wine
S- honeydew melon
E - walk at work

Just saying to DH I feel like I should go on the bike but I don't feel like it. So we were quoting that commercial where they dramatize someone's texts, he says if you go on the bike text me, I say ok, but I probably won't...but I might...lol
Those dang 2 glasses of wine put me 300 over today

Syckgirlsfv
01-08-2014, 07:42 PM
I ate my orange...and DH took some sirloin steaks out of the freezer so we'll have them with either sweet or red potato, and steamed broccoli.

I had some dandelion tea that I ordered today...it's Organic Roasted Dandelion Root made by Traditional Medicinals, VERY GOOD! kind of like coffee!
Glass of cab later...:cheers::cheers::cheers:

Lala165
01-08-2014, 08:38 PM
Today I started my day with negatives thoughts about my meal plan but I committed myself to sticking to my plan just for today and true to my word I did manage to turn those negative thoughts around. For Breakfast I had rice chex with 2% milk, orange, and coffee with milk. For lunch I had a salad with veggies and feta cheese with a homemade honey mustard dressing, 10 almonds. midday snack I had a banana and for dinner I had a whole wheat wrap with ground beef and taco seasoning with lettuce tomato and onions also fat free sour cream and shredded cheddar cheese

Diana3271
01-08-2014, 10:39 PM
Larry Another good one for you! :carrot:

Kelijpa I have tried not to complain about the cold temps since I am aware all of you are dealing with worse conditions. But, I am so cold sensitive. It is literally painful for me. I think it's because of my hypothyroidism. One day before we closed for the holidays, I had the office all nice and toasty for me. I was very comfortable. DH walked in with a customer. The customer immediately took off his jacket and said "what are you doing? cooking a roast in here?" That was so embarrassing for me. When he left DH started picking on me. I told him, at least he didn't say "what are you cooking? A pork butt?" That would have put me right over the edge.

Psychic Hang in there. It sounds like it could be hormones. Good job planning ahead for he Hibachi dinner.

Roadbikerchick Great job on the .6! Everyone's metabolism is different, isn't it? Also how we deal with sodium, additives, etc. It's amazing how are all people but still so different.

Ian Good luck. I hope you get that drop tomorrow.

Radiojane Hi :wave: It's good to see you! Congrats on the 5 pounds and paying off the debt. You did a great job during the holidays.

Syckgirlsfv Enjoy the new tea.

Inkrid Good luck avoiding the extra's.

Alaskanlaughter Good news! I hope they can resolve the situation soon.

Novangel Glad the got the heat fixed at work. I know that had to be uncomfortable.

Traveling michele Hi and welcome to the check-in! :welcome2:

Lala165 Good job sticking with your meal plan! :bravo:

kelijpa
01-08-2014, 10:41 PM
Excellent Lala, great work turning those negative thoughts into a positive day!

Diana we posted at the same time, enjoyed your story :D sometimes I get something like neuropathy in my hands, luckily not too often, it's pretty painful when it happens. It seems like now I swing back in forth between enjoying being toasty warm and feeling like it's too hot!
:sunny:

Diana3271
01-08-2014, 10:41 PM

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (385 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (600 Calories)
Grilled salmon 300 calories
3 serving steamed broccoli 300 calories

Exercise:
War 1 w/weighted gloves

kelijpa
01-09-2014, 07:03 AM
Good morning all,

Dang wine, or dang should have gone on the bike, up 0.6, still 159.7 not bad.
Plan
B- oats, soy milk, poached egg
L- spring mix, Italian, smoked oyster
S- apple, banana, toblerone mini
D- salad w/olives, pepperoni, Italian dressing, tomatoes
E - walk at work

Diana3271
01-09-2014, 08:15 AM

Last night I added on: Restful and Rejuvenating Sleep from Gael Chiarella's PM Yoga Meditations

Weigh In: 165.6 (TTOM)

Have a great day!

HuggerBunny
01-09-2014, 09:29 AM
I got out of the habit of visiting the forum every day so haven't posted in about 3 weeks, but the important part is that I stuck to plan reasonably well and lost 6 pounds in the past month, even with Christmas and all the food that entails. I earned myself another bunny for my signature and achieved my first goal of hitting 200 :)

This is what I had yesterday:

Breakfast:
-watermelon
-small slice of cheddar

Lunch:
-banana

Dinner:
-lemon rosemary roasted chicken (no skin)
-steamed carrots
-cottage cheese

Treat:
5 M&Ms

Larry H
01-09-2014, 09:46 AM
Good morning to all.

I am down 2 more pounds this morning! :D:carrot::D

I ended yesterday way under my calorie goal. :dizzy: I attended a lunch meeting with Shriners at Beef O'Bradys. I have never eaten there before and now I know that is best not to. Prior to going I printed the nutrition information from their web site. Wow!! it seems like they specialize in high calorie, high fat and sky high sodium meals. They have several items on the menu that have tens of thousands MG of sodium. I choose as carefully as I could and I selected the Grilled Shrimp Salad with ten extra grilled shrimp and fat free ranch dressing. This totaled only 565 calories but had 2,074 mg of sodium.

I made a decision to stop eating at 822 calories yesterday because I did not want to exceed my sodium intake. I was not hungry last night and I think that it was a good choice given the circumstances.

Yesterday's Food "1/8/2014"

822 calories - daily goal is 1,650
96 carbs - daily goal is 206
25 fat - daily goal is 55
58 protein - daily goal is 83
2,388 sodium - daily goal is 2,500
16 fiber - daily goal is 30

roadbikerchick
01-09-2014, 10:04 AM

I fell asleep before I posted last night.

Stayed on plan with eating. I had to cut my bike workout a bit short, so I only worked out about 45 minutes instead of an hour. I’m okay with that. Scale up .2 this morning.

Today’s a rest day in my workout cycle. If the weather forecast holds out, I’ll be riding outside by the weekend.

Diana: great job staying on plan! You are so consistent! :carrot:

Larry: congrats on the 2 pounds. 822 calories? I’d be starving!!!

Huggerbunny: nice to meet you. Good job staying on plan

Radiojane: You’ve done amazing work so far! And losing weight through the holidays…how did you do it?

I'll check in later. Have a great day!

traveling michele
01-09-2014, 11:22 AM
The rest of my day yesterday--

I forgot to account for 1/2 cup of cottage cheese at lunch.

Pre-workout snack: piece of light string cheese

Workout: 100 minutes Bikram Yoga, 15 minutes Kettlebell and foam rolling

Dinner: Alaskan cod and green beans

Dessert: small bunch of grapes

Today's weight: 131.8

Breakfast: oatmeal with flax, berries and banana

mamakat
01-09-2014, 12:37 PM
Good Morning Everyone,

Wow, it's really hard to get back in the habit of coming here every day. I use up all my alone time on me and then when the kids are home, on them which leaves internet out for most days. So, I haven't had a chance to read back post. Even now, I should be in the gym because I won't get the extra hour after school by myself since today, I will be grocery shopping for the first time in maybe 7 years...so not looking forward to that.

I have worked out Mon, Wed and will today as well. Tues are hard for me to get anything in because of a screwy schedule and like I said, once the kids are home, it's all about them. I'm down one pound so whatever I'm doing (eating properly and getting at least 1 hr workouts in) it's working.

Thanks for welcoming me back...I remember all the regulars and am glad to see some new faces. I will get back into the swing of this, but for now, whenever I'm at the computer the brain says, write and nothing more. LOL, I swear I'll forever be writing this novel (especially because I keep deleting 100k every two months...dd is calling me a perfectionist, she just wants to read the ending...which is in my head but not in print :p)

Have a wonderful and healthy day!

IanG
01-09-2014, 03:32 PM
Down 0.4lbs today at 167.6lbs. For the record, that is nowhere near enough to kill the beer. If I am not below 165 in 2 weeks, it comes straight back. But I will keep trying until then.

Lunch: Smoked tuna, smoked trout, baby prawns, clams, 2 eggs scrambled, 3 quails eggs, pickled garlic, tabasco sauce, hemp seed, 4 olives, kimchi, blueberries, tomato, seaweed, mushrooms, red onion, kidney beans, spinach, lentils.

Exercise: Did 1 hour boxing in the morning. Did a 50 minute spinning class before lunch.

Syckgirlsfv
01-09-2014, 05:00 PM
hey all! Hadn't felt like posting until now today for some reason...busy here at work. I've been reading the book for one of my classes, and it's been pissing me off so that could be it! Just so you can understand why, I'm a Christian conservative and this book is a liberal democrat's FANTASY! ARGH! Demonizing all straight, white people - especially men. Me, I could give a rat's @$$ what color you are and where your from as long as the content of your character is GOOD. Regardless, the book SUCKS. Like I should feel bad for being white, and straight, and that I should have LESS opportunity because of it! :rolleyes: ok, deep breath...moving on...

B - high fiber cereal / almond milk
S - energy nut mix
L - large baked sweet potato w/cottage cheese
D - leftover sirloin steak, mashed red potatoes, steamed broccoli

then off to school! I don't know when I'll get my gym schedule normalized again...but it's gotta be soon!

alaskanlaughter
01-09-2014, 06:36 PM
its a busy day! worked this morning and went to the gym, took niece to an appointment and back, ran an errand and went back to work...now i'm at work all afternoon and then going to two meetings back to back after work so i wont get home til closer to 9 p.m.

today also marks the 10th anniversary of managing this childcare program :D

Lala165
01-09-2014, 07:28 PM
Hello everyone,
Today I struggled with stress and emotions which normally affects my food intake but I still stayed on my meal plan I am on day 5 of my new lifestyle meal plan and today I had

coffee with 2% milk
rice chex, with 2% milk
banana and 10 almonds

water 32oz

carrots, 2 pieces cheddar cheese and almonds

crabmeat with onions and garlic sauteed in olive oil

tea with 2% milk

hamburger patty on whole wheat bun onion mushroom and low salt swiss cheese and ketchup
oven baked french fries and side salad

Diana3271
01-09-2014, 10:01 PM

Kelijpa How do you like the flavor of the Bolthouse Italian compared to your regular Italian? I saw the Italian while we were out of town but didn't buy it. I got home and looked but we don't have it. I saw the Balsamic one but didn't buy it. DH eats Thousand Island, French and Italian. Bolthouse has those flavors but they are not available here.

HuggerBunny Great job sticking to your plan and for the 6 pounds gone! :carrot:

Larry Great job on the 2 pounds and keeping things in moderation at the restaurant.

Roadbikerchick I hope you can ride outside this weekend. Here's to good weather heading your way!

traveling michele Great job on your exercise!

Mamakat Look at you and your hot self! ;) I love the longer style on you! Good job on the pound!

Ian Keep trying to reach your goal. If the beer has to go, how will you feel about that?

Syckgirlsfv Good luck with your Dr. appointment tomorrow.

Alaskanlaughter Sounds like a busy one for you.

Lala Good job not letting the stress have an impact on your eating.

Diana3271
01-09-2014, 10:03 PM

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (385 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (600 Calories)
2 servings snow peas 200 calories

Exercise:
KCM'S 30 MTF Start Here Cardio Sculpt and Legs w/8's and 10's
40 Minutes from Get Moving Walking for Weight Loss

novangel
01-09-2014, 10:20 PM
today also marks the 10th anniversary of managing this childcare program :D

Congrats. :)

Today I went to the gym. I did the elliptical and treadmill...about 50 minutes total. Tomorrow will be Jillian unless it's the "bad" TOM day. Sorry TMI.

I finally bought a new purse after looking for one for weeks on end. I've been sporting the same Jessica Simpson handbag for over 2 years so it's definitely time for a switch. I'm very picky and there hasn't been hardly anything I like online or in stores this year. I know, first world problems. Glad that's over.

roadbikerchick
01-09-2014, 11:57 PM
Hi everyone,

I stayed on plan today. Just feeling grumpy tonight...about needing to be careful what I eat, and from being tired. Should probably just tuck myself into bed.

See ya in the morning!

:wave:

alaskanlaughter
01-10-2014, 02:54 AM
I finally got home from work meetings at 9 p.m. and I made some veggies and cheese and now i'm going to bed...longggg day :)

Psychic
01-10-2014, 08:10 AM
Just a quick post today. Went over on calories yesterday, but I did do some extra walking.

Yesterday's Calories: 1902
Today's Weight: 176.2

So, I'm starting to think that maybe the first couple of days of the month were just lows for me and I gained more than I thought over the holidays. About 4 pounds, actually. Oh well. Trying to keep calories where they should be again. I'm having trouble getting back into it.

Diana3271
01-10-2014, 08:14 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! :wave: TGIF! :yay:

Last night I added on:
PM Destressor from Yoga Now
7 Minute Premix from Strong Knees

Weigh In: 164 (TTOM - I am hoping that yesterday was the last day of this)
Down: 1.6 pounds

Have a great Friday and start to your weekend!

kelijpa
01-10-2014, 10:07 AM
Down 0.6 today to 159.1 WI day so I can change my 3FC ticker, little reward :D.

Diana the balsamic vinaigrette is what I got, I enjoyed it, it has a nice tang, it doesn't wilt the greens like the regular Italian (I'm partial to Newman's) so I use 1tablespoon of reg Italian and 2 of the Bolthouse, when I have the avocado I add 2 of the salsa ranch, I love that combo.

We have 2 stores that have Bolthouse, they each carry different flavors, weird huh?! The one has a Caesar I want to try next. I'm happy to have found them, I really don't care for light dressings except wishbone light buffalo ranch, so being able to save some calories on dressing is big for me.

Tough getting back OP after the holidays, but feeling better after getting in a full week, weighing in and seeing some progress in the right direction.

Great day everyone :sunny:

Radiojane
01-10-2014, 11:16 AM
Our pool has been closed down due to staff illnesses for the past few days, and there is FINALLY some progress being made on my renos, so my exercise has been limited to walking. Thankfully, it's warmed up enough to walk.

Today up .03

Yesterday calories in: 1250
cooked greens
broccoli
Brussels sprouts
lamb chop
cheddar cheese

Exercise: 30 minute walk

traveling michele
01-10-2014, 11:39 AM
The rest of yesterday--

Snack at work-- handful of baby carrots and cherry tomatoes

Lunch-- my dd is home from college until Sunday. She brought me lunch but I didn't know what she would bring. She brought a southwest chicken salad (with dressing on the side). It was quite good but tasted salty and my rings are agreeing with me today-- plus I was dying of thirst the rest of the day!

Pre-workout snack-- light string cheese

Workout-- 100 minutes Bikram Yoga

Dinner-- I bought a trader joes cookbook (light version) and have been trying new yummy dishes. Last night I made a veggie full pasta with cannelini beans and chicken-- made sure I had the correct portion. Yummy and I have leftovers for lunch today.

Dessert-- none

Today's weight-- 131.6-- down .2

Breakfast-- usual oatmeal with fruit. Treat of Starbucks Skinny Latte for making it to Friday!

IanG
01-10-2014, 11:55 AM
Hmm. No beer and I am up 1.8 lbs to 169.4lbs. This is worrying.

Breakfast: 1/2 cup Oats with 1 cup non-fat milk, 1 dried apricot, vanilla and cinnamon, 1 teaspoon honey, 1 coffee, milk, no sugar. Kippers.

Lunch: Smoked chinook salmon, mackeral, cockles, 2 eggs scrambled, 3 quails eggs, pickled garlic, tabasco sauce, hemp seed, 4 olives, kimchi, blueberries, tomato, seaweed, mushrooms, red onion, kidney beans, spinach, lentils.

Exercise: Ran 10k in the morning. Will do 1 hour weight training before lunch.

Inkrid
01-10-2014, 11:59 AM
Living off bacon until I can get to the store (snowing now). Will make a salad for lunch. We have big new containers for our almonds. Coffee always welcome. Going to make Vegetable Coconut Stew. For the masses who "hate coconut" I will throw meat at them.

Will follow DH to the gym. Should be interesting after a long absence.

My weight hasn't gone down in months, but my pants feel looser. At that awkward size between a 12 and a 14. :D

mamakat
01-10-2014, 12:25 PM
Ian I was wondering if maybe you're holding more water now that you lowered your beer intake. Stick with the mini goal like you plan, I'm wondering if there will be a whoosh in there, somewhere this week. Wishing you lots of good luck. :)

Larry H
01-10-2014, 12:29 PM
Good morning everyone

I ended yesterday at 1,342 calories which was under my daily goal of 1,650. :D Using My Fitness Pal as a guide I have decided to lower my daily goals starting today. I also raised my weight goal slightly from 143 lbs to 155 lbs.

New Goals starting today 1/10/2014

calories - daily goal is 1,440 (210 lower)
carbs - daily goal is 180 (79 lower)
fat - daily goal is 48 (7 lower)
protein - daily goal is 72 (11 lower)
sodium - daily goal is 2,300 (200 lower)
fiber - daily goal is 30 (stays the same)

mamakat
01-10-2014, 12:31 PM
I worked out full hour on the elliptical...its a good burn, but after a while my toes go numb. I broke it up with 3 planks at 30 sec. My body is sore today. I will probably do half elli and half bike today I've got to get motivated to get out of bed first. Its so gray out. Down to 191.8 So far...not bad

I hope everyone has a wonderful and healthy day.

Syckgirlsfv
01-10-2014, 01:32 PM
morning chicks! :D:D:D

I woke up this morning with a sore throat, and am now not feeling great. I worked in the nursery during church services last Sunday and the 2 year old twins were all snotty...I'm sure they did this to me :rolleyes: Guess normalizing my gym schedule isn't going to happen just yet! I have class tomorrow morning, too...9 am. Looks like a Netflix night!

B - high fiber cereal / almond milk 2 Omaha precooked bacon slices
L - salad: romaine, energy mix, bacon (ran out of meat to use in salad)
D - something quick and dirty...PIZZA! I'm planning to lay on the couch, eat pizza, and watch Netflix. Need to be ok for school tomorrow, and then hopefully the gym. If I'm not feeling better, I will try to go on Sunday after church. We'll see...

mamakat
01-10-2014, 02:45 PM
Diana thanks for the nice comment, yes, it seems to be the consensus (at least on facebook) this is the IT wig. But I am never satisfied with just one look. I decided to wear a wig all winter, even in the house, to get everyone used to seeing me with long hair, then go bald in the summer LOL, I love screwing with peoples' minds. My pharmacist loves the wig but says it's not quite me...lately it's been pink and white and even pink with squiggly black streaks. I grew it out to a pixie cut, can you believe it? Then a guy I literally hate complimented me...that's my downfall, I can't have someone I hate like my hair...it's always been the way. I even told DH, so and so said he liked my hair...DH said, well thanks to him, you'll be shaving it off tomorrow. I lasted 2 weeks then saw so and so again and just got the ickies. LOL. I must always be in control and now I'm incognito :D

I did 60 mins, both machines, not near the calorie burn, but I had to push myself to get the 370 that I did burn. I'm dragging today.

Lala165
01-10-2014, 07:52 PM
Hello Everyone,
It was a crazy day today! My best friend fell down her front steps due to icy conditions and hurt herself badly, that made me want to overeat but I didn't. My sister called me because she was under the weather and feeling depressed and that made me want to eat but I didn't. I worried myself sick about my son on the school bus with the icy roads. My emotions were all over the place but I kept on my plan.
this is what I ate: coffee with 2% milk
1 egg scrambled in coconut oil, half cup of plain yogurt with 1 peach half
coconut water

salad with tomato and feta cheese with homemade honey mustard vinegarette
10 boiled shrimp zero cal cherry flavored seltzer

4 green olives
lite latte with skim milk

2 slices of pizza zero cal lemon lime flavored seltzer
2 green olives
16 oz of water (could have done better with the water(

Diana3271
01-10-2014, 11:22 PM

We just got home and it's after 10! I am tired and will catch up with everyone tomorrow.

Total Approx 1500 Calories + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (385 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Snack 120 calories
Too much time between lunch and dinner. I was starved out! As my Daddy would say. :rofl: DH and I shared an Alt bar 120 calories

Dinner (600 Calories)
2 servings steamed veggies 200 calories

Exercise:
War 2 w/#1 hand weights

Diana3271
01-11-2014, 09:10 AM

Last night I added on: Tamilee Webb's Total Stretch for Beginners (standing)

Calories for yesterday: 1500 + :coffee:
Weigh In: 163.2
Down: .8

Have a great Saturday!

kelijpa
01-11-2014, 10:57 AM
Good morning all, yesterday was planned off plan food day after weekly weigh-in. We did make it to the rail trail and kept a pretty good pace so happy to only be up 0.9 today.

Rainy, foggy and windy today, so probably not a lot of outside activities, snow almost gone again. Plan on staying on plan til supper, DH wants 5guys, so there may be some fries consumed???I'm good with it if I do my exercises and eat well otherwise. Tomorrow back to the regular plan.

I feel so bad for the people without water in West VA, I can't imagine trying to get through that.

traveling michele
01-11-2014, 11:16 AM
Happy Saturday!

The rest of yesterday:

Snacks at work: few baby carrots and a handful of cherries

Lunch: leftovers of veggies with pasta

Pre workout snack: light string cheese

Workout: 105 minutes bikram yoga

Dinner: dd wanted to go to a Benihana type place. We ended up having to wait so dinner was quite late. I made as good of choices as possible by ordering tofu and veggies. No fried rice for me either. I know the sodium was still sky high though.

Today's weight: 132.0 up .4

Breakfast:
Oatmeal with fruit

Inkrid
01-11-2014, 01:35 PM
Made scrambled eggs with leeks and bacon on top this AM.

This PM reheated a coconut veggie soup seasoned with turmeric with steak thrown in. Family doesn't trust it. It is, however, amazing, so more for me!!

Plan on having peanut butter with fruit/veggies or chocolate for snack.

Am thawing out fish in refrigerator so I can cook that for dinner with a salad.

Will forgo my visiting mother's donuts.

Forgot to drink my water. Still time.

novangel
01-11-2014, 05:24 PM
Meh...today is the "bad" TOM day so no exercise. I have wicked fatigue that kept me in bed until 10am, I never sleep that late. I hate TOM. :rollpin:

Tonight we have a post-holiday, casual dinner party with BF's band mates. I'm going to eat something at home before we go because I heard it's going to be pizza, italian beef, and desserts. Not really something I want to indulge in at 8pm so I won't go there starving....plus I'm not a fan of horrid indigestion at bedtime. I have to work in the AM too so I will have to cut out early.

My plan is Jillian tomorrow night. :strong:

Have a good weekend!

IanG
01-11-2014, 07:23 PM
Down 0.2lbs to 169.2lbs. Very disappointing.

Breakfast: 1/4 cup steelcut oats with 3/4 cup non-fat milk, 1 dried apricot, vanilla and cinnamon, 1 teaspoon honey, 1 coffee, milk, no sugar. Kippers. Sardines.

Lunch: Smoked salmon, dungeness crab, cockles, 2 eggs scrambled, 3 quails eggs, lunch herring, pickled garlic, tabasco sauce, hemp seed, 3 olives, 3 prunes, kimchi, blueberries, tomato, seaweed, mushrooms, red onion, kidney beans, spinach, lentils.

Exercise: Ran 10k in the morning.

IdealProteinNewbie
01-11-2014, 09:07 PM
Ian: Do you think perhaps you aren't eating enough to fuel all of your physical activity?

Maybe if cutting out the beer doesn't help try eating a sensible dinner (lean meat and veggie) for awhile to see if it helps?

alaskanlaughter
01-11-2014, 09:59 PM
i'm still here :) been a very busy few days...yesterday I was busy from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. and I've been busy with errands today too...I don't know how those people do it who work 12-hour shifts like nurses etc...it would KILL me

I was going to go to the gym! I really was :D and as I was pulling into the gym parking lot, my teenager called from Saturday school where his project partner failed to show up, he didn't want to do the work himself and threw a huge fit about the whole assignment *sigh* and by the time I dealt with that, the time for the gym had passed and I had other things going on...oh well

later after that I started feeling exhausted too...don't know what's up with that...I still feel like I could use a nap lol

both little kids are spending the night at their cousins' house....I don't know what i'm going to do with myself LOL

IanG
01-11-2014, 10:02 PM
Thanks IdealProteinNewbie. I am eating like a horse (well, more like a sea lion) at the moment to fuel my exercise.

24 ounces of fish alone today!

It must either be water or waste. I guess we'll find out.

Larry H
01-11-2014, 10:24 PM
Food today 1/11/2014

My weight is the same today

Lunch
Bread - Whole-wheat, 2 slice
Great Value 97% Fat Free, Ham, 2 slice
Kraft Singles American Cheese 1 Slice
Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup, 1 cup

Dinner
Del Monte - Canned Cut Green Beans No Salt Added 1 3/4 cup
Del Monte - Whole Kernal Corn - No Salt Added, 1 3/4 cup
Glory Foods - Sensibly Seasoned Lower Sodium Tomatoes, Okra & Corn, 1 1/2 cup

Snacks
Granny Smith, Raw - 1

892 calories - daily goal is 1,440
135 carbs - daily goal is 180
19 fat - daily goal is 48
33 protein - daily goal is 72
1,928 sodium - daily goal is 2,300
25 fiber - daily goal is 30

Diana3271
01-12-2014, 12:19 AM

Kelijpa I just heard about the water situation. It's awful. It's not like they can even boil it so they can use it. Enjoy the dinner out.

Traveling Michele Good job on the choices and keeping things in moderation.

Inkrid Did you stay strong against the donuts?

Novangel Enjoy the party tonight.

Ian I see beer in your future. ;) It's amazing how different we all are.

Idealproteinnewbie Hi and welcome to the check-in! :welcome2:

Alaskanlaughter Did you get to relax a little more since the kids were away?

Larry Hi :wave:

Diana3271
01-12-2014, 12:29 AM
I had a weird day. I felt like I was having a panic attack all day or possibly an angioedema flare up. Right now I feel like it has passed, or at least the worst of it. Not sure what was going on. Who knows with me. :lol: I think I'm always on the brink of something. I guess it could also be hormonal. No sense in leaving that one out. ;)

Total Approx 1470 calories + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (300 Calories)
Artisan Bistro Salmon Dinner 280 calories
asparagus 20 calories

Snack :o (200 calories)
2 grapefruits 200 calories

Dinner 575 calories
Orzo 100 calories
chicken 110 calories
asparagus 60 calories
Kalamata olives 30 calories
feta cheese 35 calories
2 garden lights banana chocolate chip muffs 240 calories

Exercise:
I did a lot of work around the house today, on my hands and knees scrubbing the bathroom floor, etc. I didn't get a chance to go to the shop to workout but I did do a workout from Comcast OnDemand. Tomorrow I will do my upper body workout as well as the lower body workout.

Steady State Cardio from Comcast onDemand (40 Minutes)

roadbikerchick
01-12-2014, 09:21 AM

I havenít checked in for a couple of days. Friday night I was just hungry, and I ate, and I went totally off plan. Saturday there was a medical emergency with my father-in-law, so that threw the day off with going to the hospital. (Heís fine now, btw.) My eating was really weird yesterday, but below my calorie goal, and I was still able to work out for 40 minutes. My weight was up again .8, so my first week back has not been all that great. I guess I should look on the bright side and say that at least Iíve gone down Ĺ a pound. I just need to be more consistent.

Diana: :cheer: to the champion on-plan woman!
Alaskanlaughter: life just happens sometimes, especially with kids. I hope today goes a little more smoothly :)
Novangel: I hope you got through the party well. Good plan for avoiding temptation/indigestion! :carrot:
Lala: congratulations on resisting the urge to eat during all that stress. :cheer:

Iím really getting interested in living more simply, so today I might do some purging. After I do my exercise, of course. Have a great day, everyone! :D

Inkrid
01-12-2014, 09:38 AM
Panic attacks are the worst, Diana, esp. if you don't know what triggered them!!

Mom brought donuts AND chocolate covered almonds! (I got beat, but not by a lot).

Then, DD's friend brought over her new Vitamix to make something/show off. After using half our fruits and veggies DH now wants one! LOL

So ate all the "right" foods, but felt like stomach was going to explode!! Then was hungry at 3 AM!!

Today: Bacon, coffee

Planned: Tomato and Avocado lunch, a crab spread with veggies for snack.

Will get meats and veggies from store.

Diana3271
01-12-2014, 10:10 AM

Calories for yesterday: 1470 + :coffee:
Weigh In: 163.8
Up: .6

Have a great day!

IanG
01-12-2014, 10:16 AM
Thanks Diana. I see beer in my future too.

Up 0.2lbs to 169.4lbs. Disaster.

But I will keep at this though, at least until Thursday when I am going out for my birthday drinks with colleagues.

On the plus side, I am getting earlier nights and feeling more energized in the mornings. But my deal was with the scale. So....we'll see.

Breakfast: 1/4 cup steelcut oats with 3/4 cup non-fat milk, 1 dried apricot, vanilla and cinnamon, 1 teaspoon honey, 1 coffee, milk, no sugar. Kippers.

Lunch: Smoked trout, jumbo lump crab, mackeral, 2 eggs scrambled, 3 quails eggs, lunch herring, pickled garlic, tabasco sauce, hemp seed, 3 olives, 3 prunes, kimchi, blueberries, tomato, seaweed, mushrooms, red onion, kidney beans, spinach, lentils.

Exercise: Did 1 hour weight training.

shanhat81
01-12-2014, 11:19 AM
Hey Ian, you and I are practically neighbors! DC area :)

I'm excited to join this thread after being absent from 3FC b/c of various issues.

Food today:

Breakfast -- 3 egg whites, 2 wedges of Laughing Cow, .5 cup frozen veg, 2 tsp EVOO, .5 cup pico, 2 pieces of soy bacon (this stuff is like crack)

Lunch -- Greek yogurt with fresh blueberries (yay for sales!) and cinnamon. Salad with kale, spinach, broccoli (my fave), and Trader Joe's 8 veggie blend. I have a balsamic vingear sprayer.

Dinner -- This recipe from Crockpot365. (I don't use the cream cheese b/c my husband thinks it's gross.) http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/2012/01/honey-beans-and-spinach-slow-cooker.html I'll make some couscous on the side.

Snacks -- WW ice cream bar, clementines, apples.

WW Points Value: 26.

Exercise -- I'm fairly under the weather, but I'm going to walk my errands. That'll give me 2 miles and some fresh air.

kelijpa
01-12-2014, 05:42 PM
Diana great job doing the on demand workout, yesterday I tried jumping rope while DH was on the bike, feeling that today, funny, when I was walking the dog I kept thinking my legs were sore from the bike yesterday, I tried some intervals, totally forgot about the jump rope until just now...

I went through my closet and dresser and got rid of a few things, felt good trying some things on, things are fitting better, made myself get rid of some things that were too big, that's hard for me sometimes.

Ian hope you can work the beer back in. Glad you are giving it time, though. I am reminded of a long ago conversation with my doctor, he said your body reacts differently than you expect to big changes in your diet, even healthy ones, at the time I had cut out a lot of bad food and sweets, candy, etc. from my diet and my face was breaking out worse with the good food.

We ate at Uno last night instead of 5guys, I had a black bean burger with cheese and mushrooms, delicious but very messy, I said to DH, this is definitely not first date food! No surprise I'm up 2 today, having a really good day today, so expecting that to drop right off.

alaskanlaughter
01-12-2014, 06:45 PM
I was able to spend most of the evening yesterday sitting down, reading and watching a show with DH....however little niece didn't spend the whole night....around 11 p.m. she started crying and needed to go home :( but it was a good try though...my younger son is still over at his cousins and they'll be here any minute for niece's birthday party

it's snowing and slushing today...we have several inches of slush already on the ground and more expected tonight...and the roads aren't plowed whatsoever

novangel
01-12-2014, 08:01 PM
The party was nice but we wound up staying later than planned. Then I couldn't fall asleep until almost 3am when I had to be up for work today. We were super busy so I made good $$ at least. I felt fine all day but now I am getting very sleepy.

The plan is Jillian...I'm in the middle of taking down the Christmas tree (finally!) so I will play it by ear.

I'm already daydreaming about summer festivals. :cloud9:

Diana3271
01-12-2014, 11:08 PM

Roadbikerchick A half a pound is a half a pound. They all add up. At least you are back at it. :bravo:

Inkrid I felt kinda weird today, too, but not like yesterday. I'm not sure what was going on. Crazy body and crazy head. ;) I hope you had a good day.

Ian I know! Your body is feeling stressed from not having it's daily beer! :D You body is rebelling! :D

Shanhat81 HI and Welcome to the check-in! :welcome2:

Kelijpa Love jumping rope! That's a great workout. It does a great job on your core, too. Good job fitting in the smaller sizes. It's fun shopping in your own closet.

Alaskanlaughter Be careful on your way to work tomorrow. It sounds like it could be a rough ride in.

Novangel Did you workout with Jillian today?

Diana3271
01-12-2014, 11:11 PM
Total Approx 1395 Calories + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (350 Calories)
Artisan Bistro salmon dinner 280 calories
Roasted cauliflower 70 calories

Dinner (650 Calories)
Chicken salad wrap 400 calories
Steamed veggies 150 calories
fruit cup 100 calories

Exercise:
KCM's 30 MTF Start Here Cardio Sculpt and Upper Body Weights w/8's & 10's
Crunchless Abs High Intensity Cardio Sculpting

alaskanlaughter
01-12-2014, 11:32 PM
Diana we will be careful...we have a big 4wd truck and a little car which works sporadically at the moment LOL...DH works downtown, about 10miles away so he takes the car mostly for good gas mileage and I use the truck....but on bad weather days he takes the truck for safety on the freeway....my work is only about a mile or 1.5-mile distance away and I really could walk to work any time I choose....I do that if the weather is bad enough that my car won't make it out of our unplowed subdivision....however if I can, I will drive because I run numerous errands All The Time and after work, have to get home with at least one child lol

traveling michele
01-13-2014, 12:33 AM
Ian... I'm curious why you don't eat dinner? I'd never survive!

The rest of Saturday for me:

Exercise at the gym:
15 minutes foam rolling and stretching, 452 ft rope pull, 65 minutes spin class

Snack: light string cheese

Lunch: acai bowl

Dinner: veggie burger, mixed veggies

Dessert: none

Sunday: weight 131.2, down .8

Breakfast: oatmeal and fruit

Exercise: 100 minutes bikram yoga

Post workout snack: light string cheese

Lunch: acai bowl

Snack: few spoonfuls of light cottage cheese, handful of grapes

Decided to do a second bikram yoga class today! 110 minutes this time as class went long due to the instructor needing to help several new students.

Dinner: veggie burger, Brussels sprouts

Dessert: 90 calorie fiber one bar

Marniadec
01-13-2014, 04:02 AM
Hi, guys. I want to join again. Late as usual. :p I hate admitting this but two months ago I lost my brother to a misdiagnosis. He was 22. That is all...

Anyway, since then, I've been a mess, obviously. Among other things, I've been stressed and anxious to the max and it's exhausting. It caused me to break out in hives and to gain 11 lbs. I've started to think that I'll go back to where I was and it terrifies me. And thinking that I'll use my brother's death as an excuse just disgusts me. I want to lose all the weight I've gained and then some but if I just manage to not gain any more weight, that will be fine, too.

Here's what I ate today:

Breakfast: tomato soup with pasta and beef in it and a bit of feta cheese. Also, petit fours, I think that's what they're called.
Lunch: A few crackers with peanut butter and chocolate spread. I don't even know what I'm doing.
Dinner: Ramen noodles with an egg and soy sauce and cereal a bit later.
I also had three different kinds of coffee and I'll have a cup of chamomile tea, too. So, I'm at 2200 calories today.

kelijpa
01-13-2014, 06:52 AM
Marniadec so sorry about your brother. It's good to start out keeping track of what you're eating, once you know where you're at you can make adjustments. I only say this because you are worried about using your brother's death as an excuse, consider honoring his memory with your healthy lifestyle. :hug:

Plan
B - oats, poached egg
L - spring mix, Italian, Bolthouse salsa ranch, avocado
S - 2 bananas
D - salad?
E - walk at work

Back to 159.2 got rid of the bloat, now to work on getting off the next pound...

Hope everyone has a great day!
:sunny:

roadbikerchick
01-13-2014, 08:23 AM

So I tracked my food intake yesterday, and thought I was on plan at about 2000 calories, then I realized I forgot ricotta cheese with my breakfast, and that put me 150 calories over. Rats!

Scale is down again, so my weight loss for the first week has been 1.4 pounds. Now I have to focus on that next pound, like Kelijpa.

Marniadec: Iím so sorry to hear about your brother. There are just no words. :hug:

Diana: I totally missed the part about panic attacks yesterday. I hope youíre feeling better now. :hug:

Ian: I notice you eat a lot of seafood, and very few carbs. How does that work for you?

I was really wanting to bike outside this past weekend, but I didn't get to, for a number of reasons. I want to "catch up" on my work outs. Today I'm planning on biking to work, and biking on my lunch hour. To work takes about 20 minutes, and I can fit in about 45 minutes on my lunch hour. To and from work plus lunch hour will be 85 minutes. Temperature right now is 2 Celsius, 36 F, and it's supposed to go to 5 C, 41 F, with no precipitation. :cool: I'll let you know. :D

Have a great, on-plan day! :D

Iíll check in later. Have a great day!

Diana3271
01-13-2014, 08:43 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! :wave: Where did the weekend go? :tired:

Marniadec Hi and welcome back. I am so sorry for your loss and that you are going through all of that. :hug:

Last night I added on: Restorative Poses for Relaxation from Yoga for Stress Relief

I thought it was a panic attack but I think it's the angioedema. It has kinda been brewing. It's ongoing but it does peak at times and that's what I have going on now. I have felt little itchy spots (hives) but they haven't completely developed since I take the antihistamines. Not going to let it get me down. Just keep moving forward.

Calories for yesterday: 1395 + :coffee:
Weigh In: 164
Up: .2

Enjoy your day!

traveling michele
01-13-2014, 11:31 AM
Diana-- what is angioedema?

Marniadec-- I'm so sorry for your loss. My own daughter just turned 23 and I can't imagine losing her. The fact that you're thinking about your weight and starting to track your foods is an excellent sign. Take baby steps.

Today's weight: 129.6 (down 1.6!)-- probably due mainly to my double bikram yoga classes yesterday. Hopefully I can continue downwards and not have a bounce back.

Breakfast: oatmeal with fruit

IanG
01-13-2014, 12:04 PM
Utterly distraught. No beer and up 0.6lbs to 170lbs. 170 really is a red line for me. I have added prunes to my diet to keep me regular. I think constipation was messing with the scale. So far, the prunes are doing well. Perhaps the weight gain is muscle gain? I just do not know.

Traveling Michele. Not eating dinner is very symbolic for me. It's how I started my diet and weightloss journey. So I stick with it, even though I could bring dinner back. I use a lot of symbolism on my weightloss journey to keep me focused. Like my wristwatch. I let it flop around my wrist as I have not had it adjusted from when I was 281lbs. It's a reminder of where I have come from.

roadbikerchick. I love seafood. I used to eat teeny weeny salads but got bored with the usual choice of protein at the salad bar (chicken, tuna, egg). So I decided to use more of my own seafood. I then started to notice that seafood has a lot of protein (which fuels my workouts and helps me build muscle) but not many calories. The bottom line is that I can eat a lot of delicious seafood, not get hungry and (on some days) lose weight. So all I eat now is fish with salads and oats for breakfast. I have tried to cut carbs as these seemed to stall my weightloss when I had too many.

Anyway:

Breakfast: 1/4 cup steelcut oats with 3/4 cup non-fat milk, 1 dried apricot, vanilla and cinnamon, 1 teaspoon honey, 1 coffee, milk, no sugar. Mackeral.

Lunch: Smoked trout, jumbo lump crab, salted cod, 2 eggs scrambled, 3 quails eggs, lunch herring, pickled garlic, tabasco sauce, hemp seed, 3 olives, 3 prunes, kimchi, blueberries, tomato, seaweed, mushrooms, red onion, kidney beans, spinach, lentils.

Exercise: Did 1 hour weight training. Will run 5k before lunch outside with a friend. Can't wait.

mamakat
01-13-2014, 12:26 PM
Monday Morning WI: 1.8 down. I saw a full 4 down but must be carrying more water than yesterday, today. Down is down and today is beautiful, so I will not be missing out a chance to walk a very long walk.

Ian I love the symbolism thing. I have the original green outfit that got me on this track. I went to Niagra Falls with my family, and not being one to take pictures neck down, they got a few beauts of me (NOT). I never realized how awful I looked, not just fat but unhealthy and very unhappy. I took during pics with the outfit after I lost 100lbs...what a major difference. I even smiled while my granny panties were showing (then I tossed those out, never to be worn again :p). I also have hoodies and t-shirts (I'm Fat Let's Party) that used to fit like they should, now I can wear them as night gowns, down to my knees. I wear them all and they always make me feel accomplished...symbolism is good.

Well, I got up and dressed for the gym so I need to go change for the walk. I didn't get any exercise done this weekend, except for cleaning three huge rat cages. I'm actually sore in the upper body from that :p It's been awhile, yuck. The sun is so pretty, I'm gonna head for the beach!

Have a wonderful and healthy day!

alaskanlaughter
01-13-2014, 03:04 PM
i'm battling some new form of exhaustion...it's very strange...i'm utterly TIRED all the time and i'm not normally like that...i'm busy, of course, but ive never been so TIRED through my daily schedule...I was exhausted all weekend and, even after several nights of good, sound sleep, i'm just as tired today....not quite sure what to make of that...i'd really like a nap but that will put me too far behind schedule for the gym so i'm going to the gym today....I've been consciously working on lowering my carbs in addition to keeping calories on track...i'm not aiming for anything (not low carb, not slow carb) but just to get carbs a little lower but this nagging exhaustion started before that

novangel
01-13-2014, 03:15 PM
Ian, take photos and measurements. I highly doubt you're gaining fat weight. If your pants feel the same then try not to obsess about the number. 170 at your height isn't bad if you're lifting. Constipation can be a real pain though...no pun intended. I deal with that all the time.

Alaskan, I'm always tired too I'm sure it's my medication so there's not much I can do. The more I workout the more energy I develop though.

Diana, I didn't do jack last night except remove any and all evidence of the Holidays. :)

Larry H
01-13-2014, 03:32 PM
i'm battling some new form of exhaustion...it's very strange...i'm utterly TIRED all the time and i'm not normally like that...i'm busy, of course, but ive never been so TIRED through my daily schedule...I was exhausted all weekend and, even after several nights of good, sound sleep, i'm just as tired today....not quite sure what to make of that...i'd really like a nap.

Alaskan I went through this same thing for about 6 months. I slept soundly all night and when I got up in the morning I was exhausted. I could barely keep my eyes open. My doctor found out that I was anemic as verified by blood tests. Now I am no longer anemic and I am no longer tired. Everyone is different so yours may be something else. It would not hurt to discuss your tiredness with your doctor. It would be reassuring to rule out a medical problem.

alaskanlaughter
01-13-2014, 04:43 PM

Alaskan I went through this same thing for about 6 months. I slept soundly all night and when I got up in the morning I was exhausted. I could barely keep my eyes open. My doctor found out that I was anemic as verified by blood tests. Now I am no longer anemic and I am no longer tired. Everyone is different so yours may be something else. It would not hurt to discuss your tiredness with your doctor. It would be reassuring to rule out a medical problem.

I just had that thought right before I checked back in and saw your post! :) I have been almost-anemic or something like that before....I also wondered if it's related to the lack of sunshine around here...it's been cloudy here for at least a couple months and I can't remember the last day of sunshine we had....it's daylight but not sunny...vitamin D? not sure...maybe i'll take an iron tab and a vit D tab today :) thanks!

Syckgirlsfv
01-13-2014, 05:21 PM
just a quick drive-by! Gotta leave soon for my doc appointment - the one where I see what the results of the ultra sound are. Not to mention I've come down with a cold or something...lovely! :( So I guess I STILL can't get back on track with the gym! :mad: I only have Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays available now for exercising, and now this. At least I can have the doc check that out while I'm there today, and if he hears anything in my chest give me some meds or something.

So far today:
B - 0% greek yogurt w/almonds, honey, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla
S - gala apple
L - salad: romaine lettuce with energy mix and goji berries. and balsamic vinaigrette. Not much...I'm sure I will be hungry soon!

today is DH's birthday, so I want to bake him some cupcakes or something. I think I may fix him some Omaha Steaks chicken fried chicken, mushroom gravy, red potatoes, and broccoli. Not too sure, though...I was also thinking of zoodles with ground beef and spaghetti sauce. I'll figure it out!

Inkrid
01-13-2014, 05:53 PM
Sending Blessings to Everyone!

Breakfast ~ Greek Yogurt

Lunch ~ Finishing off that Veggie Coconut Thai Stew!!

Snack ~ Peanut Butter on Dark Chocolate

Planned Dinner ~ Beef and Veggie Stir Fry

Still Quaffing Water!

Eydawn
01-13-2014, 07:23 PM
S'pose I'd better introduce myself before posting ;-) I'm Wendy, a nurse in Colorado. I've been on 3FC off and on for a couple years. Gained more than I wanted, back on the calorie counting track, doing quite nicely so far and using LoseIt to help me track.

Today: Coffee with half and half, ramen, seaweed snack, hot tea and 2 pieces Terry's chocolate orange. (I think I have bronchitis... not much appealing... planning on cooking a good dinner of peach glazed chicken thighs, quinoa and parmesan roasted cauliflower though.)

IanG- I'd love to see a pic of your main meal with everything you list. I'm having trouble imagining what it looks like and it seems so intriguing! Only if pics are OK by you... I know some are sensitive about posting pics of food. I would also not panic... if you're mildly constipated, that can mess with weight on the scale pretty significantly. ;) Hang in there. Hope everyone has a great week!

Syckgirlsfv
01-13-2014, 07:58 PM
45596Just want to share with everyone the kind of weather we have in So Cal right now...

roadbikerchick
01-13-2014, 10:26 PM
Good evening!

Well, I did it. I biked to work, during my lunch hour and home from work. Total of 85 minutes biking and 840 calories burned. I love my bike!!! Calories were too high today Ė 2200. Iím hoping that the exercise will offset it.

Syckgirlsfv: So Cal sounds beautiful! Only about 40 degrees today here. I hope all went well at the doctorís today. ;)

Ian: thanks for sharing. Sounds like itís working for you, because youíve lost so much weight! Please donít get discouraged now Ė youíve done so much already. :carrot:

Eydawn: :welcome3:

Inkrid: Do you find that drinking a lot of water helps?

See you all in the morning. Have a good night.

saraphin
01-13-2014, 10:34 PM
oh gosh so many people … wow cool. but i'm not up to reading everything right now so i'll just check in…hope you are all doing okay, love
saraphin
ps ive been doingwellwith my weight-loss
not well health-wise but the heatwave will break eventually and i'll be better.. a lot of people suffer more in this heat today is 41degrees,,,…that's celcius for all you imperialists out there!

kelijpa
01-13-2014, 10:45 PM
ian I was wondering if you had a way of measuring your body fat as you are at a pretty high level of exercising, which is great. So, beer has something of a diuretic effect, so maybe you're retaining some water? Do you notice rings tighter, if you wear them, I can usually tell by my socks, if the imprint of my sock is left on my foot, I'm holding water. Don't let negativity seep in, you're doing fantastic, we have to change things up from time to time and adjust, you needed to see the effect of your beer.

Best of luck to you :sunny:

Diana3271
01-13-2014, 10:47 PM

Tonight we went to Applebee's. They have a new salmon dinner on their under 550 menu. The flavors were very good but the salmon was waaaaay too salty for me. I asked the waitress if any modifications could be made for the next time. She said that their proteins come in 2 different ways. One is seasoned and the other isn't, for people on restricted diets. If we go back I will order the salmon plain. I think I would enjoy that a lot better. It was so salty that it burned my mouth.

Traveling Michele Keep up the great work! I tested positive for the IgE receptor antibody (angioedema). Before I was diagnosed, I thought I had a food allergy. My mouth would break out, my face and body would swell, I would break out in hives and I can have bouts of shortness of breath (like this weekend I thought I was having a panic attack, sometimes I don't realize that I'm having a more acute angioedema flare up until after the effect.) The shortness of breath/breathing issue is a milder form of anaphylactic shock. I have had bouts of severe abdominal cramping, etc. I think the death of my Dad made this whole thing surface. I didn't have problems with this prior to my Dad's cancer diagnosis. I lost both of my parents and my dog within a 5 year period of time. I just haven't bounced back from all of that and the angioedema keeps flaring up. I have to take daily antihistamines to control the symptoms. Before my diagnosis, I would wake up in the morning and my face would be so swollen that I didn't even resemble myself. I have forgotten to take my meds and woke the next day to a 3 pound gain. I googled angioedema and clicked on pictures. This will give you an idea of the swelling: http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images;_ylt=A0oG7n7qodRSICMAj4pXNyoA?p=angioedema&fr=mcafee&fr2=piv-web There is one picture of a person with one eye swollen and the other is normal. I have done that before, too. Really weird stuff. The Dr's have said that it normally resolves itself in time. I sure hope it does.

Kelijpa Congrats on getting back to the 150's. :carrot:

Roadbikerchick Congrats on the 1.4 pounds for the week! Brr! Those are cold temps! I wouldn't be doing any bike riding. :brr:

Ian How does your body feel? Do you feel bloated or out of sorts in any way? It's amazing what stopping the one beer has done.

Mamakat Congrats on the 1.8 pounds! :carrot: Did you get that walk in?

Alaskanlaughter Maybe it's time for a visit to the Dr. It may be a simple diagnosis and you will be feeling better in no time.

Novangel Have you made any more wedding plans?

Syckgirlsfv Enjoy those temps! I hope your Dr. appointment went well and they got it all figured out.

Inkrid I could use that peanut butter on dark chocolate! :drool: Sounds great! It would just lead me down a dark path, though. Enjoy a piece for me, too.

Eydawn Hi and welcome to the check-in! :welcome2:

Diana3271
01-13-2014, 10:50 PM
Ok, so I was making my post and there are 3 more posts! :rofl: I can't keep up! ;)

Diana3271
01-13-2014, 10:52 PM
Total Approx 1330 calories + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (385 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (550 Calories)
Applebee's under 550 Salmon Dinner 550 calories

Exercise:
KCM'S 30 MTF Start Here Lower Body Minimizer
Crunchless Abs Cardio Core Sculpting

HuggerBunny
01-14-2014, 04:40 AM
Today's food was not exactly well balanced, it ended up being an odd day. No veggies, just fruit.

Breakfast:
-string cheese
-2 tablespoons peanut butter

Lunch:
-Larabar

Dinner:
-2 bites of steak
-2 bologna wraps- a slice of turkey bologna, half a slice of cheddar, and mustard (was trying to go for a breadless sandwich, this ended up being pretty bad- somehow the cheese and bologna flavors canceled each other out and it was terribly bland except for the mustard)
-fresh pineapple, strawberries, and blueberries (about 1 1/2 servings fruit total)

kelijpa
01-14-2014, 06:56 AM
Good morning all,up 0.3 to 159.5. Going to try and get in a little more cardio.

B- cream of wheat, unsweet van almond milk, egg
L- spring mix, Italian, Bolthouse avocado
S- apple, banana
D- ?tilapia, veg
E- walk at work, ?bike?

Diana3271
01-14-2014, 08:47 AM

I really expected a gain from all the sodium in my meal last night along with the edema that I have going on. I stayed the same, so I'm grateful for that. My face was obviously swollen this morning.

Calories for yesterday: 1330 + :coffee:
Weigh In: 164
No Change

Have a great day!

roadbikerchick
01-14-2014, 08:49 AM

Scale is down .2 to 158.6. Still, I need to be stricter with myself, so today I'm going to write out what I've eaten at the end of the day. I'll be honest - I'm embarrassed because I eat so much, especially compared to many people here. I just hate feeling hungry! But that's the price...

Diana: I remember from years back the trouble you had with different reactions that looked like allergies. So now you have a diagnosis. I hope that helps. :hug:

Saraphin: 41 degrees! hot! I'm from Canada, so we use Celsius, but when I was little we used Fahrenheit. It was up to 7 degrees here yesterday, and felt like spring. The birds were active, and the breeze felt warm. But 41 degrees? I'd be hibernating inside. ;)

Just realized the time. Gotta get ready for work. See you all, and have a great day.;)

traveling michele
01-14-2014, 11:27 AM
Diana-- thanks for taking the time to explain. I sure hope it does resolve for you. Good that you didn't have a gain.

Rest of yesterday for me:

Snacks: cherries, cherry tomatoes, sugar snap peas (some were before lunch, some with lunch)

Lunch: 60 calorie wrap with plain grilled chicken and a smidge of tapenade

Snack: few spoonfuls of cottage cheese and a handful of grapes

Exercise: 100 minutes Bikram Yoga

Dinner: veggie burger, green beans

Today's weight: 129.6 (unchanged)

shanhat81
01-14-2014, 11:40 AM
I basically didn't get out of bed yday except to go to the doctor, but happily, I'm a lot better today.

Food:

Breakfast: Banana, two hard-boiled eggs (Points: 4)
Lunch: Flatout pizza (Flatout Light, 0.25 cup mozzarella cheese, 0.5 cup sauce, 13 veggie pepperoni slices), 2 cups salad, 1 T salad dressing (Points: 8)
Dinner: Veggie stir fry with 0.5 cups brown rice (Points: 7)
Snacks: WW ice cream, clementines, apple, 2 wedges Laughing Cow (Points: 5)

Points: 24. I'll find 2 more somewhere, I'm sure. :) Maybe I'll have some Greek yogurt too.

mamakat
01-14-2014, 11:44 AM
Good Morning Diana,

Yes, I got the walk in and built up some more blisters, but no rain and bright sun, it was wonderful. And this morning, I lost a full pound...I can't wait till I can walk every day again...every day, but Tues...I hate Tues.

I hope everyone has a wonderful and healthy day.

novangel
01-14-2014, 12:38 PM
So I was being lazy last night and did zero exercise. Tonight it will happen. I hate when illness or TOM throws me off, it's so hard to keep momentum!

Diana, no plans made yet we need to go see a travel agent on my day off. Once we can get the airline/hotel/protocol figured out then we will know a date. After that then everything else can fall into place.

Syckgirlsfv
01-14-2014, 01:11 PM
:D morning everyone :D these temperatures are crazy right now...it's not usual. Today the high is going to be 84, and Thursday shows 88. :sunny::sunny::sunny::sunny::sunny::sunny:

Doctor went fine...there is nothing wrong with me apparently. no idea why the water gains so I guess I just have to figure it out and eat cleaner. But I'm fine! :carrot::carrot::carrot: I do have a small cyst on my ovary but doc said no big deal...it's only 1.3 cm.

B - 0% greek yogurt w/almonds, honey, pumpkin pie spice.
S - gala apple
L - brought my salad, but just found out it's our staff appreciation lunch today. not sure what is on the menu...
D - maybe a turkey bacon, lettuce, tomato on sourdough - school tonight so gotta eat fast!

have a nice day all :dizzy:

Radiojane
01-14-2014, 01:46 PM
My sciatica flared again. Which is a perfect indicator of how LAZY I've been lately. Ugh! Work is still a little crazy but I'll try to check in more!

Yesterday calories in:1880
bison sausage
cooked greens
cheddar cheese
tomato
roast duck
pate on crackers
baby potatoes.

Not on plan at all. No more of that today!

IanG
01-14-2014, 02:51 PM
I feel no different Diana. I am getting more sleep and feel more energized in the morning but other than that, no real difference.

But up another 2.6lbs today to 172.6lbs. This is ridiculuous. That's over a 7 pound gain since giving up beer!

Anyway:

Breakfast: 1/4 cup steelcut oats with 3/4 cup non-fat milk, 1 dried apricot, vanilla and cinnamon, 1 teaspoon honey, 1 coffee, milk, no sugar. Kippers.

Lunch: Smoked salmon, jumbo lump crab, baby prawns, 2 eggs scrambled, 3 quails eggs, lunch herring, pickled garlic, tabasco sauce, hemp seed, 3 olives, 3 prunes, kimchi, blueberries, tomato, seaweed, mushrooms, red onion, kidney beans, spinach, lentils.

Exercise: Did 1 hour boxing. Ran 10k before lunch.

I'd best drop tomorrow. I have reduced my portion sizes today.

Eydawn
01-14-2014, 03:44 PM
IanG- perhaps your body needed the carbohydrates from the beer, since you're so low on readily available carbs... with all the running, you need that quick fuel- I wonder if your body is hanging on to something because there's not enough quick carbs? Just a thought. Also wondering what your body fat percentage is looking like...

Radiojane- sciatica, OUCH. That's no bueno. I hear you on not moving as much causing that little monster to show up.

Not too much going on here... last day off before back to work (had a good stretch of 4 off, lovely since I've been fighting a respiratory bug.) Back to the grind... flu season has been BONKERS! I thought end of year elective surgery rush was bad... now everyone's on isolation! Boo...

Planning to hit the gym and do a BodyPump class. First time in several months! Gonna have to remember to take it super easy.

Weigh in... back down to 200.6 (kind of fluxing across that 200 mark right now.)

Breakfast: home-made turkey bacon breakfast burrito (391 cal), coffee and creamer.

Post gym plan: Protein berry spinach smoothie

Dinner: ?? Depends on if I'm hungry before my choir rehearsal or not... few different options.

Hope everyone has a good Tuesday!

IanG
01-14-2014, 04:19 PM
I'm guessing it's either water or muscle.

The three prunes I eat everyday seem to have dealt with the constipation issue. I have substituted tea for beer, so together with peeing less my fluids are definitely up in the evening.

If it is muscle then I am in trouble since I do like having the scale to guide me.

Syckgirlsfv
01-14-2014, 05:46 PM
so lunch was a nice surprise! It was a baked potato bar - so I had a baked potato w/a very small amount of chili, sour cream, and cheese. YUM! Also a small cornbread muffin, and a small pumpkin muffin. I had some kale salad, too...I much rather eat kale cooked :p

I forgot to post last night's dinner in my earlier post - hubby's bday dinner! We were good - I cooked Omaha Steaks chicken fried chicken (baked) with cream of mushroom concentrate for gravy, and fresh steamed broccoli.

Then I sliced up sourdough baguette (maybe 4 small slices each) and spread Foie gras that I've been saving for over a year on it! DELICIOUS! In case some of you don't know, that is goose liver pate from France - my sister brings it over here for me when she visits.

We split a chocolate cupcake from the grocery store bakery as his bday treat. Also a few shots of vodka. Considering I barely ate anything all day yesterday, it was not bad for being a birthday day! :hat:

alaskanlaughter
01-14-2014, 06:00 PM
we are swimming in flood-stage rains today :D fun fun....creeks are at flood levels and we have gotten almost 3 inches of rain since yesterday....on the other hand, you dont have to shovel rain out of the driveway :)

i had a good weight workout this morning and am working on keeping carbs lower...i have a class right after work so i wont be home until later in the evening...busy busy!

Lala165
01-14-2014, 06:42 PM
I haven't posted my accountability since Friday. Not because I wasn't accountable but because my computer broke down and just got repaired today. I did keep track the on paper but I will only post todays and start from that point. Today I had:

large coffee with skim milk
waffle with peanut butter
1 cup pineapples

water 32 oz
veggie plate with dip

cabbage roll and sauerkraut and apple

2 turkey sausage with onion/green peppers and tomato sauce on 1/2 of whole wheat pita bread
sliced pan fried potato
water

kelijpa
01-14-2014, 09:11 PM
Good job keeping track without the computer, Lala!

Managed to stick to the plan
D- tilapia, cod, baked beans
E- walk at work, 39 mins 2 miles, exercise bike 30 mins 8 miles

RadioJane there's a section in Health magazine this month on lower back pain and some stretches and exercises and things to do to prevent it, I remember reading about sciatica, best of luck to you, sounds painful.

AlaskanLaughter stay dry!

Diana3271
01-14-2014, 10:45 PM

We just got home so this will be a quick post.

Syckgirlsfv I'm glad to hear there was nothing serious going on. I know that's a relief for you.

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (385 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (600 Calories)
Grilled Salmon 400 calories
2 orders steamed broccoli 200 calories

Exercise:
Jackie Warner Power Circuit Training Upper Body Premix w/8's & 10's
Prevention Walk Your Way Slim

novangel
01-15-2014, 12:37 AM
I got in Jillian 30DS and now I'm freaking starving and it's 10:35pm. :/ I'll have to snack on something and go to bed. I swear exercise only makes me eat more but I have to do it for tone and my sanity. Catch 22.

Goodnight, all. :)

Larry H
01-15-2014, 01:22 AM
I had a good on plan day today. I had my first visit to a new cardiologist today. I like him. My blood pressure was 106/50 which is normal for me. He took an EKG which was also normal.

Totals
Calories 1,335 Daily Goal 1,440 :)
Carbs 196 Daily Goal 180 :(
Fat 29 Daily Goal 48 :D
Protein 90 Daily Goal 72 :(
Sodium 862 Daily Goal 2,300 :D:carrot::D
Fiber 34 Daily Goal 30 :D

kelijpa
01-15-2014, 06:34 AM
Good morning all down 0.1 good thing I got on the bike I guess

Larry glad you like your new cardio and that your results are in your normal range.

Plan
B- cream of wheat, unsweet van almond milk, egg
L- spring mix, dressing, avocado
S- apple, banana
D- salad
E- walk, bike

Going away lunch for coworker tomorrow, plan is portabella sandwich, sweet potato fries, unless i switch to some kind of salad, will check the menu again today.

Diana3271
01-15-2014, 08:51 AM

Last night I added on: Yoga Now's 10 Minute PM De-stressor w/Rodney Yee

I'm not sure what's going on with TTOM. It's trying to start again. :mad:

Weigh In: 163.8
Down: .2

Have a great day!

shanhat81
01-15-2014, 11:18 AM
Good morning!

I have no idea what to make for dinner tonight -- have to go to the store, my least favorite chore ever. I might be uninspired and get a rotisserie chicken.

IanG
01-15-2014, 11:33 AM
It's my birthday today, so I have a few fun days lined up.

Today will be a quiet one opening presents with my wife and kids when I get home after work. Nice. :) I am hoping this will be the best birthday I have had in years. More on that in the coming days...

Down 0.2lbs to 172.4lbs. Doesn't really count.

Anyway:

Lunch: Smoked Latvian sprats, baby prawns, cockles, small beets, 2 eggs scrambled, 3 quails eggs, lunch herring, pickled garlic, tabasco sauce, hemp seed, 3 olives, 3 prunes, kimchi, blueberries, tomato, seaweed, mushrooms, red onion, kidney beans, spinach, lentils.

Exercise: Did 1 hour weight training before work. Will do 1 hour spinning before lunch.

Big exercise day tomorrow with lots of drinking tomorrow night, so early night today. Tomorrow I will be up at 4.30am for boxing and probably in bed well after midnight after all the drinking. Long day.

traveling michele
01-15-2014, 11:33 AM
Larry-- sounds like you had a great check up!
Hello to everyone else.

The rest of my day yesterday:

Snacks at work: cherries, cherry tomatoes, 100 calorie graze snack

Lunch: 60 calorie wrap with grilled chicken, sugar snap peas

Pre-workout snack: cottage cheese and grapes

Workout: 100 minutes bikram yoga-- I think I pulled something in my neck/shoulder and it was hurting quite a bit during and after class. It is still twinging this morning though not as much.

Dinner: grilled chicken and broccoli

Today's weigh in: 129.8 (up .2)

traveling michele
01-15-2014, 11:34 AM
Happy Birthday Ian! I hope it is your best year yet-- now I'm curious....

mamakat
01-15-2014, 02:25 PM
Happy Birthday Ian, I hope it's the best year ever, you've worked hard this past year, that's for sure.

Diana3271
01-15-2014, 03:41 PM

Novangel Good job getting that workout in! I heard Jillian is coming out with a new program. I need to find out more about it, though.

Larry Glad your Dr. visit went well.

Kelijpa Good job seeking out the best options for the lunch out.

Shanhat81 I love grocery shopping but hate clothes shopping. Nothing wrong with a rotisserie chicken.

Ian :celebrate: :bday2you::celebrate: Enjoy the double celebration!

Traveling michele Great job on your day. I have never done that type of yoga, but it sounds intense.

Mamakat HI :wave: I hope you are having a great day!

traveling michele
01-15-2014, 05:39 PM
Traveling michele Great job on your day. I have never done that type of yoga, but it sounds intense.

Thanks-- it is super intense. I've been doing it almost three years and I'm hooked! I do it most days now and have to force myself to do other forms of exercise. They say you can burn upwards of 1000 calories in one class. I've worn a heart rate monitor a few times and I haven't burned that much, but I've burned around 600!

Syckgirlsfv
01-15-2014, 06:20 PM
hi guys! I spent the morning waiting for our IT department to finish hooking up my new computer..so I've been away!

I am feeling better today, didn't get very sick which is awesome so I am going to try to do some kind of exercise after work. My weight is just not budging right now...may have to give it a nudge by doing SBD phase 1...that usually works! But it's hard. I love sourdough bread. :dizzy:

B - 2 eggs, laughing cow light wedge, low carb high fiber tortilla - 255
L - salad: romaine lettuce, half an avocado, energy mix, bacon, vinaigrette - 422
S - I had a small biscuit type cookie with chocolate on it. - 85
D - bacon wrapped filet mignon (Omaha steaks), steamed broccoli, red potatoes (may make potato salad out of it) - 489
WINE - 200

total for the day should end around 1450. Not sure if that's good anymore. I know that 1200 is just not enough food!:?:

WahineByTheSea
01-15-2014, 06:21 PM
Lunch: Smoked Latvian sprats, baby prawns, cockles, small beets, 2 eggs scrambled, 3 quails eggs, lunch herring, pickled garlic, tabasco sauce, hemp seed, 3 olives, 3 prunes, kimchi, blueberries, tomato, seaweed, mushrooms, red onion, kidney beans, spinach, lentils.

That sounds so wonderful!

alaskanlaughter
01-15-2014, 06:35 PM
ian happy birthday!!

we got almost 4 inches of rain over monday-tuesday but it's slowed down now...mudslides and avalanches but not in our immediate area...the winds took out an entire boat dock in one of the villages and now the state ferry can't dock there until it's fixed...

the iron tab and vitamin D tab that i took on monday seemed to help with the energy levels and i've felt fine every since then

did a hard weight workout today and pressed the highest weights possible on the leg press machine - 390 pounds(!!)....right now i'm doing sets of 12 reps at 310, 330, 350, and a set of 10 at 370 pounds and just pushed 2 at 390 to see if i could do it...it's possible :D not doable yet but definitely able to do it once or twice

Radiojane
01-15-2014, 06:41 PM
Ian Happy birthday. Have a good day.

Wind warning, which is sucky because the temperature is so nice. Still, might be too windy to take the dog out for very long.

My fitbit came today, it's supposed to motivate me more. I'm also doing the 100 days of activity challenge.

Today calories in:1100
duck breast meat
brussell sprouts
cheddar cheese
cucumber
onion
tomato
bison sausage
Lutefisk

Calories out: 350 20 minute extreme yoga break

kelijpa
01-15-2014, 07:20 PM
Happy birthday Ian! :bday2: hope you get all you're wishing for!

Good day today, going to go downstairs and do my exercises, I actually had to yell at myself (in my head of course) to get my butt up and go for a walk, I was glad after that I did, just can't believe I had to force myself to start, I think it might be because I have to walk inside,it's kind of boring.

Salad for dinner, have been good about getting in my water, so hopeful to get that pound off this week, that's my goal for the next 11 weeks, just one pound a week...

Lala165
01-15-2014, 08:01 PM
Happy Birthday [B]Ian

Today I could have done much better with drinking my water and putting myself first instead of catering to others needs. todays meals:
coffee with 2% milk
1 cup honeydew melon
honey almond bran cereal with 2% milk

water 12 oz
1/2 cup plain yogurt with 1 peach half

1/2 whole wheat pita bread with 1 slice of oven roasted turkey, 1 slice provolone
cheese and 1 small avocado sliced

Whole wheat tortilla wrap with refried beans and taco seasoning
lettuce tomato onion and fat free sour cream and shredded cheddar cheese

1 fudgesicle 100 calories

roadbikerchick
01-15-2014, 08:35 PM
Hi all!

Didn't post yesterday. I've been working a lot, and I went to visit my daughter out of town. By the time I got back I could hardly keep my eyes open. Anyhoo...

Last time I posted I said I'd post what I'd eaten during the day, so here goes.

Breakfast: 1/2 cup oats (made into oatmeal) with one large apple, and one cup 1 percent milk

Morning snack: cherries with no-fat yogurt

Lunch: one slice vegetarian pizza, 3 cups spring greens, no dressing, 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds, 2 oz BBQ pork

Afternoon snack: 2 1/2 oz. whole wheat bread with 2 oz ham and 1 tsp mustard

Dinner: one cup tortellini with 1/2 cup sauce, 1/2 cup low fat ice cream with 1 tbsp ganache and 1 tsp crushed candy cane.

total: 1842 calories

so now everybody else gets to feel better and say, well, at least I didn't eat as much as her! ;)

Plan to bike one hour indoors on my trainer tonight.

Ian::bday2you:

mamakat: I'm amazed every time I see your picture. You look fan-tab-u-lous! :carrot:

Lala Looks like you did really well with your food today. :carrot: keep it up.

Radiojane All the best on the activity challenge. :cheer2: I'd like to hear how you like the fitbit.

Alaskanlaughter oooh, you go girl! Show those weights who's boss! I'm glad to hear you're feeling more energetic, too. :cheer2:

To everyone else - have a great, on-plan day.

Talk later!

Larry H
01-15-2014, 09:00 PM
Ian Happy Birthday:woo::bday2you:

IanG
01-15-2014, 09:02 PM
Thanks everyone for the warm birthday wishes. I will update you on my presents once I have opened them!

Tonight, I am staying in with the family.

Tomorrow, drinks with colleagues.

Friday, spa then dinner with wife.

Tuesday, fish picnic.

So lots is planned with difficult food choices to navigate. You'll hear about it all here!

novangel
01-15-2014, 09:26 PM
Happy Birthday, Ian. :carrot:

Diana, I didn't know she had a new program coming out...I'm still trying to master 30DS and Ripped in 30. :o I never bought Body Revolution so I will have to see what she plans to put out next. I love Jillian even though she's mean. :p

3 miles on the treadmill...I ran like a champ too for as hot and crowded as it was in there. I'll be happy when people start to taper off as selfish as that sounds. Just being honest.

Tomorrow is my day off so plenty of time to exercise as well as run errands. I have Dr. appts to make and have to start looking to see a travel agent.

Have a great night, everyone!

Diana3271
01-15-2014, 09:45 PM
Traveling Michele That's a great calorie burn! :carrot:

Syckgirlsfv Hang in there with your weight. I'm sure things will start regulating. I wonder if you are having issues with with something in the Omaha products? Maybe they are higher in sodium or maybe MSG?

WahineByTheSea Hi and Welcome to the check-in! :welcome:

Alaskanlaughter I'm glad to hear the supplements have helped and you are feeling better! :carrot:

Radiojane I had Brussels sprouts too. I need to google lutefish since I don't have a clue what that is. :D I just googled it. Did you have dried cod?

Kelijpa That's what you call kicking your own butt! Good job getting that workout in.

Lala I think you did well today. :carrot:

Roadbikerchick Enjoy your workout!

Ian Enjoy your evening and have fun! Hmm, what are you having done at the spa? DH and I had massages when we went on our cruise. I have wanted to get another one but haven't gotten around to it.

Novangel Good job on the treadmill! Enjoy your day off! I hope your Dr. appointment goes well.

Diana3271
01-15-2014, 09:48 PM

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (385 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (600 Calories)
Grilled chicken breast 400 calories
2 servings steamed brussels sprouts 200 calories

Exercise:
Billy Blanks Tae Bo Live Extreme w/#1 hand weights

roadbikerchick
01-15-2014, 11:32 PM
okay, did the workout. 515 calories burned.

kelijpa
01-16-2014, 07:14 AM
Good morning all, down 0.4, 159.0, worried about today's work lunch, but realize it's only one meal, mostly worried about the sodium, oh well, happy that's my only worry so far today.

B- cream of wheat, unsweet van almond milk, poached egg
L- portabella sandwich or salad
S- apple
D- maybe my normal lunch
E- walk at work, bike

Have a great day everyone! :sunny:

Diana3271
01-16-2014, 08:22 AM

Weigh In: 164 (TTOM is still messing with me :mad:)
Up: .2

Have a great day!

shanhat81
01-16-2014, 09:47 AM
Good morning!

I'm off to argue with the post office today. I had to ship my iPhone back and it looks like someone stole the package. AARGH.

Food today:

Breakfast -- Jamba smoothie, two hard boiled eggs -- if I have to go to the freaking post office, I am going next door for a smoothie. Sliced tomato salad with balsamic vingear. (PP: 9)

Lunch -- Smashed banana oatmeal (it's from this blog I follow -- Fannetastic Food -- one mashed-up banana, cinnamon, steel-cut oats, and 0.5 cups skim milk). Topped with fresh blueberries (PP: 6)

Dinner -- Mexican Casserole (peppers, mushrooms, onions, corn, salsa, black beans, lowfat cheese, and corn tortillas) (PP: 7)

Snacks -- Skinny Cow ice cream bar, apple, clementines, and I need more salad in there, too (PP: 4)

I'm holding at 163.5, so I'm hopeful I'll be there tomorrow.

shr1nk1ngme
01-16-2014, 10:48 AM
Had a little visit from the whoosh fairy last night. I usually lose about a half pound every weigh-in, but this time I suddenly lost more than a pound between weigh-ins. Yeah!
This morning's weight is 159.8. I weigh every other day, so in two days when I weigh myself, if it sticks I will be able to say I am solidly in the 150's! :broc:

It's an UpDay and I am super busy today. I don't see how I will manage to eat all the food I have planned with my schedule. On the other hand, I love that I have to worry about forcing myself to eat more food on UpDays instead of forcing myself to eat less. I am really appreciating JUDDD. UpDays make the difficult DownDays completely worth it. Not to mention the weight loss - JUDDD works!

traveling michele
01-16-2014, 11:21 AM
Good morning all.

Yesterday for me:

Snacks at work: cherry tomatoes, 100 calorie graze snack

Lunch: 60 calorie wrap with grilled chicken, roma tomatoes

Pre-workout snack: cottage cheese and grapes

Workout: 100 minutes Bikram yoga, 20 minutes Kettlebell exercises

Dinner: grilled chicken and roasted potatoes and onions

Today's weight: 129.6 (down the .2 I was up yesterday so basically not moving)

Breakfast:
Oatmeal with fruit

alaskanlaughter
01-16-2014, 02:21 PM
it's a rest day from the gym today because I have way too many things going on this morning to fit in the gym time as well....i'm also starvinggggg....I always feel less hungry when I eat more carbs, oddly enough, like I get full and when I lower my carbs I constantly deal with hunger and end up going over the calories that i'm aiming for...not terribly bad but still it SUCKS to be hungry :(

i'm not aiming for a low-carb diet or anything...just working on taking out the higher carb choices in my menu and turning my focus back to protein....ive been under 130 carbs lately per day and yesterday was under 100....when I lower my carbs ALOT, and try to get under 50, I end up feeling deprived and it's short order until a major overeating episode :( so i'm trying for a balance here

one thing that I struggle with when I try to drop my carbs too low is that I don't like meat, eggs or cheese and that's a lot of what i'm faced with when I try to eat much lower carbs....I can do it for awhile....but eventually get sick of the thought and start eating more carbs again

IanG
01-16-2014, 03:10 PM
Long day today. Woke up at 4.45am to walk to work to go boxing (couldn't drive as will be having drinks after work). I am also trying to squeeze in 3 trips to the gym. Have not done that in a while.

Down 0.6lbs to 171.8lbs.

One of my birthday gifts was an egg cooker so I will be boiling and poaching eggs in my office.

Lunch: Smoked chinook salmon, baby prawns, kippers, sardines, dungeness crab, iceberg lettuce, 4 poached eggs, carrot, mushroom, black beans, green pepper, olives, brocolli, cauliflower, tomato, tabasco sauce, strawberries.

Dinner: Out for beers with colleagues after work.

Exercise: Did 1 hour boxing before work. Did 1 hour weight training before lunch. Will aim to run 10k before going out with colleagues after work.

Long day. But fun.

Larry H
01-16-2014, 05:32 PM
Long day today. Woke up at 4.45am to walk to work to go boxing (couldn't drive as will be having drinks after work). I am also trying to squeeze in 3 trips to the gym. Have not done that in a while.

Ian I congratulate you on your responsible thinking :bravo: Way back when I was drinking I never made the responsible choice. I always joked that I was too drunk to walk.:D It was just pure luck that I never got a DUI but I sure deserved one on many occasions. I quit drinking totally on July 12,1976, that's 37 years sober now. Enjoy yourself and continue that great thinking.

laciemn
01-16-2014, 06:14 PM
`Hi guys, haven't been on board lately. Yesterday, I had scrambled eggs with peppers, 2 apples, a yoohoo, and 2 servings of stir fry with imitation crab and rice.

Today, I've had 3 pieces of bacon, 2 bananas, and 1 piece of string cheese. The plan is to have two glasses of wine and some tuna and crackers later.

Diana3271
01-16-2014, 06:35 PM

TTOM has been kicking my butt today. I feel like crap and like a big toad frog.

Roadbikerchick Good job getting your workout in!

Kelijpa Good job on the .4. I hope your lunch went well.

Shahat I hope you can get to the bottom of the lost phone. I have been expecting some mail (from several sources) and it's late. Not sure what's up with the post office, but it's not good.

Shr1nk1ngme Congrats on the 150's! :carrot:

Traveling Michele Good job on your day! Keep working it!

Alaskanlaughter It's always a struggle to keep everything at a good level and find something that works for you. Keep trying you will find that happy medium.

Ian Have fun tonight! Congrats on the .6!

Laciemn Hi :wave: It's nice to see you again.

Lala165
01-16-2014, 06:47 PM
Hello everyone,
Today I have been angry all day and that is pissing me off. Today I had coffee with 2% milk
1 cup Honeydew Melon
1 cup honey almond bran flakes with 2% milk
1 spring roll and 4 steamed dumplings
24 oz water

The poor meal plan is either a result of my mood or my mood is the result of my poor meal plan. Hope tomorrow is better :(