Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2014, 10:26 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

Good Morning Everyone

I will enjoy this water weight loss as long as it lasts.
My experience has shown that this fast weight loss rate will not and can not continue.

One for each pound lost

12/30/13 296 lbs
12/31/13 285 lbs
1/1/14 282 lbs
1/2/14 280 lbs
1/3/14 278 lbs

1/2/2014 Yesterday's Food

1,171 calories - daily goal is 1,650
169 carbs - daily goal is 227
26 fat - daily goal is 55
65 protein - daily goal is 62
1,787 sodium - daily goal is 2,500
35 fiber - daily goal is 29

Last edited by Larry H; 01-03-2014 at 10:35 AM.
Old 01-03-2014, 11:00 AM   #32  
Starting Over Again

S/C/G: 195/195/150

Height: 5'5"

Yesterday's Calories: 1754
Today's Weight: 175.2

Off to do some cooking. Making turkey, ranch, and swiss pinwheels and hard caramel apple cider. I have a party tonight and I won't be home again until tomorrow evening.
Old 01-03-2014, 01:18 PM   #33  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

im feeling much better today but still with a cold lingering on....yesterday I had moments of such exhaustion that I felt weak....it was weird...even last night every time I got up to go to the bathroom i'd lay down and just feel soooo weak...but I slept really good and the kids slept in too so I feel closer to normal today

i'm going to the gym this morning for a "half workout"...I don't want to push my body too much right away especially with this weakness lingering so i'm going to do exactly HALF of what I normally do lol

and then my teenager comes in this afternoon!! yay!! in fact what woke me up this morning was his dad calling to tell me his flight had left their town
Old 01-03-2014, 01:33 PM   #34  

Height: 5'2"

Hi everyone! I had a good day yesterday, even though I ate 1600 calories -- 100 calories more than my target.

01/02/13 Exercise, I did one hour of upper body weight training (Cathe Friedrich's STS - Meso Cyle 1/Week 1/Disc 2 - Back & Triceps).

Breakfast: 300 calories. Smoothie with 2 tablespoons flaxseed, 2 cups kale, 1 turmeric root, 4 baby carrots, 1/2lemon, tablespoon acai powder and tablespoon of cinnamon powder. 300 calories. P.S. Yes, my breakfast smoothie tastes dreadful. My husband insisted we drink these smoothies each morning after he spent $400 on a BlendTech in 2008. I'm used to them now. I always had colds before 2008 but since drinking the morning smoothies, I seldom get sick. It's my lucky talisman.

Lunch: 600 calories. 2 cups of steamed broccoli with food court bourbon chicken.

Dinner: 700 calories. Chicken breast (thick piece the size of my palm) w/ melted provolone cheese and a tbspn of hickory BBQ sauce. For dessert, I had a 100-calorie bag of microwave popcorn and 1/2 cup of blueberries. I also had couple glasses of diet tonic water with ice & 2 slices of fresh lime.

Weight: I got on the scale yesterday morning after weight training and weighed 4 pounds more than I did this morning. So I really don't know what I truly weigh today. I usually have to go by how my clothes fit (or don't fit). The charts say I should weigh 115 lbs. for my size but, if I go below 125, my body gets so scary skinny & bony that, historically, people start routinely pushing eating disorder clinic pamphlets on me. So I've learned to ignore the "experts" and just listen to my body -- and third-party comments!

Kelijpa, thanks for your warm welcome. It's good to know we're the same age and in this together. Congrats on the first 5K of the year! I'm glad your husband in on the mend .... 8 degrees in PA! Yikes!

Alaskanlaughter, I hope you and your children are feeling better.

Ian, I'm glad your wife is better. I'm impressed that you got a great workout in in the midst of all that. Good for you!

Waves to Inkrid!

Novangel, good luck with Jillian (and running). I really enjoyed her Body Revolution series and may have to pull it out again for 2014.

Larry, congrats on your weight loss, water weight or not! You deserve to enjoy every good feeling!

Psyche, your turkey, ranch & swiss pinwheels served with hard caramel apple cider sounds delicious.

Diana, thanks for posting your meals. I'm always looking for ideas! I may have to try the Artisan Salmon meal soon ....
Old 01-03-2014, 01:47 PM   #35  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

misha we are slowly feeling better

in our house right now I have my niece age 21, my teenager age 16, my little son age 7 and my niece's daughter age 3...and quite often other kids visiting or hanging out as well
Old 01-03-2014, 05:23 PM   #36  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

I agree Diana with the mental aspect, today was like a normal Friday (except for the snow and frigid cold) I started my exercise program again and I feel so much better.

Alaskan glad to hear you're feeling better, take care.

Misha I used to have a smoothie for breakfast, it was tasty though, , unsweet vanilla almond milk, kale, baby spinach, wheat germ, banana and peanut butter, I love it, DH not so much, he calls it a green nightmare, lol,we have the Ninja, it works great. I weigh myself very day, at the same time in my morning routine, weight fluctuations from morning to night, after having a coffee, after working out, can drive you crazy, I only compare week to week.

Larry you are doing great!

Best to all

Last edited by kelijpa; 01-03-2014 at 05:55 PM.
Old 01-03-2014, 06:28 PM   #37  
California licensed CPA!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'8

Diana - thanks for thinking of me! the appointment went fine, but as usual they don't tell you anything at all. Gotta wait for the doc, I guess. She did look like she was measuring the diameter of something dark and round...who knows.

Hey all fish eaters...it's time to stop! There is so much radiation coming overseas from Fukushima, and it's been found in ALL seafood. It isn't safe anymore...sorry

Ok I bought a drink mix called Raw Fit and it's EXPENSIVE, but it's all raw and vegan and there's 28 grams of protein in it, it also helps with appetite. Had it this morning and wasn't hungry until after 10! Plus, it goes great in almond milk!

B - Raw fit mixed w/almond milk
S - 1 slice Ezekiel bread with 1/4 avocado
L - half of a mushroom stuffed chicken breast and about 5 asparagus
S - fuji apple and 6 almonds

I'm still ok and not too hungry! Gotta go buy a new laptop tonight...my power jack port is broken. laptop is only 3 years old, but why waste time and money sending it out? Need new one NOW. School starts Tuesday!

Anyway happy new year everyone!!!
Old 01-03-2014, 07:18 PM   #38  
Warrior Princess

Alaskan, if you feel weak don't push.. I know you feel guilt but the gym isn't going anywhere. You'll be back at it in no time. I loathe being sick.

Misha, I am a Jillian fanatic too. I did 30 Day Shred and Ripped in 30 last year and now I am starting all over again. I lost some (ok, probably all) of the tone she gave me because I have been doing nothing but running for months on end. She works wonders but is brutal on the thighs.

Quote:
Hey all fish eaters...it's time to stop! There is so much radiation coming overseas from Fukushima, and it's been found in ALL seafood. It isn't safe anymore...sorry
Really?
Old 01-03-2014, 07:38 PM   #39  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

Down 1.6lbs today to 165.4lbs. I'll try to drink more water, else I think the cycle will continue.

Breakfast: 1/2 cup Oats with 1 cup non-fat milk, 1 dried apricot, vanilla and cinnamon, 1 teaspoon honey, 1 coffee, milk, no sugar.

Lunch: Albacore tuna, kippers, sardines, lunch herring, 10 anchovies, 2 scrambled eggs, pickled garlic, tabasco sauce, hemp seed, 4 olives, kimchi, blueberries, tomato, seaweed, mushrooms, red onion, kidney beans, spinach, lentils, 1 chestnut.

Dinner: Beer (Clown Shoes Galactica).

Exercise: Ran 10k.
Old 01-03-2014, 09:23 PM   #40  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

Larry Good job staying within your goal range. How is your DW?

Psychic Have fun at the party! Hmm, "hard caramel apple cider" sounds delish! Enjoy!

Alaskanlaughter Take it easy and don't push too hard.

Misha Does your DH still drink the smoothies? My DH gets on a kick and then will drop it like a hot potato. I tried an Asian Salmon Artisan Bistro meal today. It was very good, too.

Kelijpa Good job starting back with your exercise program. Is your DH doing the exercise, too?

Syckgirlsfv Hopefully you will get the info/results quickly. Did you get the new laptop? Does it have Windows 8?

Novangel
Is work still busy or did it calm down some?

Ian Good job on the 1.6 pounds! Hopefully the extra water will help. If not, at least it won't hurt anything.
Old 01-03-2014, 09:26 PM   #41  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

It might hurt the water bill Diana.
Old 01-03-2014, 09:31 PM   #42  
Trying to live below 200

Total Approx 1475 Calories +

Breakfast (395 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin 130 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch 430 calories
Artisan Bistro Sesame Ginger Wild Salmon Bowl 270 Calories
Roasted cauliflower 80 calories
Apple 80 calories

Dinner (650 Calories)
Chicken salad wrap 400 calories
Steamed veggies 150 calories
fruit cup 100 calories

Exercise:
earlier in the day: The Yoga Solution With Tara Stiles / Yoga for Holiday Meal Digestion
War 3 w/#1 hand weights
Lindsay Brin's 10 Minute Hiit Cardio
Old 01-03-2014, 09:33 PM   #43  
Trying to live below 200

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanG View Post
It might hurt the water bill Diana.
Ha Ha Well, don't drink that much! Or if you are like me, before I found out about the angioedema, I would drink extra water to help "flush" my system. Since I was having a reaction the extra water would just hang around on top of what I already had. Talk about miserable!
Old 01-03-2014, 10:23 PM   #44  

Height: 5'2"

Friday, January 3, 2014: 1700 calories
Exercise: 1 hour hatha yoga class with DH
Breakfast: 300 calories / 3 tablespoons peanut butter. (DH made the breakfast smoothie today. After he left for work, I had to throw it down the sink because it was so bad tasting. I was running late so I improvised a quick breakfast with some p.b. instead.)
Lunch: 600 calories 2 cups steamed brocolli & food court bourbon chicken.
Mid-afternoon stress weakness:75 calories/ 3 Werners candies -- 75 calories that ultimately didn't satisfy
Late afternoon: 200 calories Hungry at office with 1-2 hours to go, so I ate an emergency package of oatmeal with a little creamer.
Dinner: 525 calories 3 London broil strips (250), tablespoon horseradish sauce (50), large serving of brussel sprouts in light butter sauce (200), tablespoon chunky applesauce (25) for "dessert"

Alaskanlaughter, I'm glad everyone is feeling better.

Kelijpa, your "green nightmare" sounds rather good! ... I'm going to adopt your idea to look at the weight from a weekly, rather than a daily, perspective, too.

Syckgirlsfv, I'm sorry you're in waiting mode on the test results. Hang in there! Thanks for mentioning the Fukushima radiation claims, too. I'll have to read more about that ... Your Raw Fit mix sounds great!

Novaangle, Jillian certainly does tone things up, doesn't she? Running does, too! I ran for years, and nothing worked better on my lower body. I may take it up again in 2014.

Ian, I like your dinner ...

Diana, it's crazy, but I'm more like your DH! My DH is the one who wants to drink smoothies each workday morning. I would probably skip smoothies altogether if I hadn't seen clear benefits. I prefer Cheerios, ha! .... Thanks for mentioning the other salmon dinner, too. I'm putting both Artisans on my grocery list.
Old 01-03-2014, 11:15 PM   #45  
California licensed CPA!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'8

Diana got such an amazing laptop! Toshiba Satellite Ultrabook, touchscreen, and yes it has windows 8, which I happen to love already! It's so cool, maybe a little more involved at first because you have to learn how to navigate it, but I am used to iPhones and iPads, so all the apps and stuff are very friendly to me. I love how you can just start typing something you want to find on the start screen and it just finds it for you!

Novangel sadly, yes...but they're trying to cover it up like they always do by saying it isn't that bad. The blue fin have been coming up radioactive along with all other seafood. Radioactive waste has been pouring in to the ocean on a daily basis for over a year now! And NOBODY has bothered to really try to contain it. Thanks, Japan!

Misha the waiting game does suck, but I'm not overly concerned yet!
Closed Thread