Weight Loss Support - Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - January 2014 - Everyone Welcome!

WahineByTheSea
01-16-2014, 07:04 PM
WahineByTheSea Hi and Welcome to the check-in! :welcome:

Thanks!

Breakfast: Oatmeal with fruit. So yummy. 350 calories
Lunch: Fruit and bran muffin. 400 calories
Snack: Cookies. :o 300 calories at least
Dinner: Nacho Ordinary Taco Salad (Looneyspoons) 450 calories
Total: 1500

Ugh. Would have been OK if I could have resisted the cookies . . . .

Hello everyone,
Today I have been angry all day and that is pissing me off.

Me too! Is it something about the weather? Daylight length?

Of course, I've also been starving all week . . . maybe that has something to do with it . . . :)

Larry H
01-16-2014, 07:06 PM
Good Evening

Starting this week I have am only weighing once a week! I was getting very compulsive about weighing. I found myself on the scales 3 or 4 times a day and this is not good behavior for me. I still have the urge to check my weight several times a day but I know that if I resist, I will eventually adapt to a new more healthy habit.

I never thought that I would say this, but I have been uncomfortably full in the evenings. I am going to have to reduce what I eat for my dinner. Many of you know that I have been experimenting with a combination of calorie counting and Volumetrics. Breakfast is normally skipped, Lunch is a controlled calorie meat, starch and veggy. Dinner I switch to Volumetrics which entails eating a lot of low calorie density food. Last night I had a large onion boiled in sodium free chicken broth to which I added a whole can of no salt added green beans, a whole can of no salt added mushrooms and some hot chili sauce. I also had two raw medium size Granny Smith apples. All this dinner food added up to 354 calories and 190 mg sodium. I ended the day at 1,065 calories which is way under my 1,440 goal. But as I said I was uncomfortable and did not want to eat any more. I may have to add breakfast or increase my lunch calories.

Locke
01-16-2014, 07:36 PM
First check in here for me. My only exercise is walking for half an hour twice daily for my commute to work. At this point I'm fine doing that five days a week because of my joints; as I continue losing I'll start getting more active. Here's my menu:

B: 2 boiled eggs, peanut butter on whole wheat toast
S: Mixed nuts
L: salad with cottage cheese
D: Chicken breast + hasselback potato

roadbikerchick
01-16-2014, 10:09 PM
Hi everyone!

Long, long day. Have a headache. I'm checking in, then I'm checking out for the night.

Kelijpa: congrats on the .4. :carrot: Hope the work lunch went well
Diana: you're so consistent. Great job! :cheer2:
Shanhat: hope you can get your iphone back :(
shr1nk1ngme: congrats on the whoosh! :carrot:
alaskanlaughter: I'm with you on the low carbs. I just can't do it without feeling like I'm starving.
Lala: sorry to hear you're having an off day. hope tomorrow is better
Larry: congrats on 37 years! :carrot:
Wahinebythesea: overall, sounds like you had a good day as far as your food goes. the odd extra won't ruin your weight, as long as you're basically consistent. :D
Locke: :welcome:

Scale down 1.6 since yesterday. However, I've been very hungry today. Ate almost 2200 calories. We'll see what the scale does tomorrow.

Good night. :)

kelijpa
01-16-2014, 10:17 PM
Hi Diana, lunch went well, went with my original plan, my first portobello mushroom sandwich, I really liked it, not sure why I never had one before, DH made soup for dinner so looks like a decent day.

B- cream of wheat, unsweet van almond milk, poached egg
L- portobello mushroom sandwich, waffle cut sweet potato fries
S- apple, 1/2 large orange
D- Italian bean soup
E- 60 minutes 14.6 miles exercise bike

Ian congrats on the egg cooker, I love eggs! Hope you're having a great time, I beg that first beer tasted pretty good :D

Larry I can so relate to the scale thing, I've done that, weighing multiple times a day! I started weighing myself before bed, so I stopped that last night...

Hi roadbikerchick I often have a hungry day after a drop, hope your headache is gone by morning!
Hope everyone's having a great night :sunny:

Diana3271
01-16-2014, 10:37 PM
Lala I hope tomorrow is a better day for you. :hug:

Wahinebythesea You had a good day, calorie wise.

Larry Keep tweaking things so your plan works for you.

Locke Hi and Welcome to the check-in! :welcome2:

Roadbikerchick I hope you feel better in the morning. Rest well.

Kelijpa Good job on your day! :carrot:

Diana3271
01-16-2014, 10:41 PM
Hi Everyone! :wave:

Well, I felt like crap all day and have had to take Advil several times! I hope I feel better tomorrow. Not sure what's up with TTOM but it's definitely on. Maybe the increase in thyroid meds has caused things to get a little chaotic. Tomorrow is my early day. I have to get up an hour earlier than normal. I will probably be a miserable human being tomorrow. :lol:

Total Approx 1580 Calories + :coffee:

Breakfast (395 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin 130 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (385 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 100 calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 calories
Honey mustard/Lettuce 25 calories
Oikos Strawberry Greek Yogurt 4 ounce container 100 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (800 Calories)
Baked chicken 300 calories
green beans 100 calories
cabbage 100 calories
turnip greens 100 calories
2 oranges 200 calories

Exercise:
Jackie Warner Power Circuit Training (lower body premix) w/10's
30 Minute walk with Leslie

kelijpa
01-17-2014, 09:40 AM
Diana hope today is better for you, mine have been varying from bad to normal. Now I seem to be having some hormone swings after instead of before, weirdness, for awhile I thought I was going through "a change" but as I lost weight and got healthier I went back to kind of regular. Maybe this is the calm before the storm, I feel like I need to learn more about what's ahead. Anyway, hope you're feeling better soon.

Down 0.3 today, 0.4 lost for the week, have to be happy with that, balances out the big loss the week before and kept that off.

Today is my looser day, still keeping an eye on things but not as strict.

Have a good day everyone :sunny:

Diana3271
01-17-2014, 10:18 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! :wave: TGIF! Seriously! TGIF! I don't think I could stand another day! :lol:

I had TTOM cramps all night. The smoke/co2 detector started chirping. Cody went spastic over the noise and was growling and snarling all night. I had to get up an hour earlier and I was already exhausted from the drama last night. I tried to get on my computer this morning and had drama with that. I had 2 programs trying to update at the same time so that was a mess with me trying to get on at the same time. So I think I have everything straight and have put out all the fires and drama. At least I didn't have to deal with all of that on a Monday. :rofl: I'm trying to be positive, here. ;)

My weight stayed the same: 164

Have a great Friday and start to your weekend!

traveling michele
01-17-2014, 11:34 AM
Wow Diana! Sounds like you'll need a nap today!
And yes, TGIF!!

Rest of yesterday:

Snacks at work: cherry tomatoes, cherries, pistachios

Lunch: flat-out wrap with tunafish, tomatoes

Pre-workout snack: cottage cheese and grapes

Workout: 105 minutes Bikram Yoga

Dinner: Grilled chicken and roasted veggies

Dessert: 90 calorie fiberone bar

Weight today: 130.4 (up .8- not sure why and not happy! I had a small number of pistachios yesterday which is out of the norm for me and maybe they were extra salty)

Breakfast: oatmeal with fruit.

I skipped my Starbucks Latte that I sometimes treat myself with on Friday as I have to weigh in tomorrow at Weight Watchers and I certainly don't want to be up further. Will have to be an angel today and pray for a miracle.

alaskanlaughter
01-17-2014, 12:09 PM
good morning! it will be a busy day...between work i need to take the kids to get their birth certificates, IDs, and other paperwork done which is a big thing of hauling everyone around and supervising it...then I work all afternoon and then pick up teenager and BIL after work so i really won't be sitting down til almost 7 p.m....

ironic that my gym "rest days" are because my schedule is too busy to get to the gym :) not exactly a "rest"

Radiojane
01-17-2014, 12:20 PM
Windows are leaking. All over new hardwood. That was a great surprise to come home to! Work is super stressful.

Up .3 today. TOM should be within the next two weeks

Yesterday calories out: 378 25 minute swim
Yesterday calories in: 2200 (YIKES) Lunch was catered for a meeting. It was carbohydrate central. Pizza and poutine. Seriously.
Small spinach salad for supper.

laciemn
01-17-2014, 05:42 PM
Behold my excellent student diet (sarcasm lol) :

Breakfast : Chicken & cheese Sandwich (350)
Lunch : Sandwich (350)
Snack : Iced coffee with about 3 tbsp cream and 1 tbsp of sugar (around 100?)
Snack : Yoohoo and small portion of fries (about 10? Pilfered off another's plate) (around 250 calories?)

Edit: Had dinner
Can of tuna with dill relish, slice of white bread, 5 crackers 250 calories

For the future, today I had too much bread and dairy. 550 calories came from bread out of 1200. 200 also came from cheese! I need some veggies pronto.

alaskanlaughter
01-17-2014, 06:31 PM
ive had a surprisingly healthy day of eating so far...i worked 7-8 a.m. and ran errands from 8:45-12:45 and got back to work at 1 p.m. and i'm here until 6 p.m. when I leave to go pick up other people and then head home...despite temptations i've stuck to my planned eating today...

Syckgirlsfv
01-17-2014, 07:04 PM
happy Friday all! gorgeous weather here in So Cal...:sunny::sunny::sunny:it's 86 degrees and sunny/blue skies. WEIRD, but awesome! I can't remember it ever being like this halfway through January! :dizzy:

Still need to get back on track with the gym and all, but not totally better from the cold I got. Only now DH has it pretty bad this morning, and he NEVER gets sick! Poor man is not well today, so we are just staying home and watching movies, having pizza, and resting tonight. School tomorrow for me...I sure get a lot of walking in there! :running: it's such a huge campus! At least there's that.

B - gala apple w/2 tbsp peanut butter
L - low carb high fiber wrap w/refried beans, slice of Jarlsberg light swiss
S - steamed broccoli, 6 almonds

that's it! Good thing since we're having pizza tonight! :jeno: and there will also be wine later...

have a great weekend!

alaskanlaughter
01-17-2014, 07:16 PM
pizza sounds sooo good! i'm going to be EXHAUSTED by the time i get done with my day lol

Diana3271
01-17-2014, 10:29 PM

Kelijpa Good job on the .4! How is your DH doing with the program?

Traveling Michele Good luck with your weigh in tomorrow.

Alaskanlaughter Good job on having a healthy day of eating.

Radiojane I hope you can get the windows fixed pronto. In the mean time I hope the rain stops.

Laciemn Keep working on things. Do you live at home or on campus?

Syckgirlsfv I remember you said your DH was having some liver issues. How is he doing?

Diana3271
01-17-2014, 10:32 PM
Total Approx 1380 Calories + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (385 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner 600 calories
Grilled salmon 300 calories
broccoli 300 calories

Exercise:
War 4 w/#1 weighted gloves

Syckgirlsfv
01-17-2014, 10:50 PM
Diana thanks for asking :) he's ok, he hasn't been back for tests yet but he cut his drinking back a lot. He has fat on his liver, but it's correctable if he watches his fatty food and alcohol consumption. I forgot to answer you on the Omaha steaks...I think that it's fine, but I told DH we need to cut back on the pre-cooked things because of the sodium. We'll just be ordering the raw meat from now on and some cordon bleus to have once in a while. I think my body is just going through some weird phase and it may take me a while to get regulated back to the way I should be. I know I can't have gained 7 pounds of fat in a 3 day time frame, so something's keeping the water hanging around. I'll figure it out! I guess stress from school doesn't help :/

we had grilled chicken club pizza from Papa John's tonight...so far I have eaten 2 pieces. DELICIOUS!

Lala165
01-17-2014, 10:53 PM
Hello everyone,
Don't know why I was in an angry mood yesterday but today is much better. Started my meal planning 2 weeks ago and today I weighed myself and I have lost 13 pounds :) Today I ate:

coffee with 2% milk
honey almond bran cereal with 2% milk

banana
water 32oz
orange

whole wheat pita with grilled vegetables
plain unsweetened iced tea

2 slices of pizza and side of greek salad zero cal cherry flavored seltzer

Larry H
01-17-2014, 11:04 PM
Today went well, day one of the breakfast experiment. I ate Fiber One with 2% milk. Haddock with coleslaw and beans for lunch. A mixed green salad topped with tuna this evening. 1274 calories and a whopping 67 grams of fiber.

WahineByTheSea
01-17-2014, 11:22 PM
Hi Everyone!

Not hungry today! :carrot: I've eaten my healthy stuff and I'm not gnawing on the furniture.

Breakfast: A heaping bowl of oatmeal and a sprinkling of brown sugar 400
Lunch: Coffee (busy day!)
Dinner: Halibut with acorn squash and brussel sprouts (my favourite vegetables) 800 calories
Snack: Apple pear 100 calories

IanG
01-18-2014, 12:51 AM
Had a big night out last night. The bar bill came to $1,065. I was almost falling asleep in the taxi on the way home. Got to bed and passed out. I took the day off work today for a pampering. Went to the gym, then had a massage, facial, manicure and pedicure and have just got back from taking the wife out for dinner.

Down 1.8lbs to 170.0lbs.

Breakfast: 1/4 cup steelcut oats with 3/4 cup non-fat milk, 1 dried apricot, vanilla and cinnamon, 1 teaspoon honey, 1 coffee, milk, no sugar. Kippers. Sardines.

Lunch: Kippers.

Dinner: Mussels for appetizer. Crab cakes with potato, brocolli and spinach. Had some bread as well. Hopefully the scale will not punish me.

Exercise: Did 1 hour weight training followed immediately by a 5k run.

Let the celebrations continue!

Diana3271
01-18-2014, 10:02 AM
Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night I added on: Restorative Poses for Relaxation from Yoga for Stress Relief

TTOM is kicking my butt!

Calories for yesterday: 1380 + :coffee
Weigh In: 163.8
Down: .2

I have been bouncing around with 163.8 and 164 for about a week now.

Enjoy your Saturday!

novangel
01-18-2014, 12:34 PM
I took a break Thursday and had plans to workout Friday which didn't happen. I had too much going on yesterday plus I was very busy at work. I was wiped by 6pm.

BUT...I am done. No more playing around. I have to get serious again because I am not happy with being a mushy thin. I have my wedding in a year. Enough.

I have problems with feeling very lethargic but a lot of the time when I'm working out consistently I have more energy. It's just getting going again after TOM is always an uphill battle. I hate TOM...and winter.

BBL.

shr1nk1ngme
01-18-2014, 02:21 PM
happy Friday all! gorgeous weather here in So Cal...:sunny::sunny::sunny:it's 86 degrees and sunny/blue skies. WEIRD, but awesome! I can't remember it ever being like this halfway through January! :dizzy:

I am in SoCal too. Last night my son went to a beach bonfire. What strange weather this is for January!

But, while I am enjoying the lovely weather, I am worried because my garden is dry, dry, dry. I depend on the winter rains to make my kale, chard, peas, and lettuce thrive. Also, I am praying for rain or we are going to end up with wildfires in January/February. Unheard of.

kelijpa
01-18-2014, 05:54 PM
Hi all,

Just got my exercise in, going to the neighbor's for dinner, have no idea what's in store.

B- egg scramble, pepperoni, provolone
L- clams broiled, butter, delicious!!
S- port wine cheese, ritz crackers

See you tomorrow, good night all :sunny:

laciemn
01-18-2014, 06:55 PM
kelijpa - Those eggs sound really good!
Diana - TTOM is a PITA. Hang in there. I live at home 3 roommates.
Ian - Dude, 1.8 lbs after drinking, that's awesome.

Breakfast : Trail mix and Tampico punch 200 cals.

Lunch : Tin tuna and slice of white bread 200 cals.

Snack : Crackers, grilled chicken and cheddar cheese. 250 cals.

Other : 2 glasses of wine (200 cals).

traveling michele
01-18-2014, 07:26 PM
Ian...that's a big bar bill! How many people was that?

Yesterday: snacks at work: cherries and cherry tomatoes

Lunch: tuna fish in a 100 calorie flat out wrap

Snack preworkout: cottage cheese and grapes

Exercise: 105 minutes bikram yoga, 150 kettlebell swings

Dinner: grilled chicken and green beans

Dessert: none

Today's weigh in: 129.6 (down .8) but still up at my official weight watchers weigh in from last month

Breakfast out with a friend: I ordered the kid sized omelette with egg whites, feta cheese, mushrooms and sundried tomatoes. Yum! Had a piece of dry whole wheat toast and fruit with it.

Exercise: 100 minutes bikram yoga

Lunch: acai bowl

Tonight will be another challenge. I'm going to a Mexican restaurant with a meetup group. I've never net any of them and I'm hoping that my nerves don't trigger my eating. They are meeting late for me so my plan is to eat a light meal before going and hopefully just order soup. I will not have any alcohol or chips!

novangel
01-18-2014, 08:45 PM
Got in one hour at the gym, ran 4 miles then worked on arms/abs. :carrot:

IanG
01-18-2014, 09:09 PM
That was for 20 people Michele.

Up 1.8lbs again to 171.8lbs. I hope I am done with gains.

Breakfast: 1/4 cup steelcut oats with 3/4 cup non-fat milk, 1 dried apricot, vanilla and cinnamon, 1 teaspoon honey, 1 coffee, milk, no sugar. Kippers. Sardines.

Lunch: Crabcake, smoked sturgeon, baby prawns, cockles, 2 eggs scrambled, 3 quails eggs, lunch herring, pickled garlic, tabasco sauce, hemp seed, 3 olives, 3 prunes, kimchi, blueberries, tomato, seaweed, mushrooms, red onion, kidney beans, spinach, lentils.

Dinner: Nothing.

Exercise: Did 1 hour weight training followed immediately by a 5k run.

alaskanlaughter
01-18-2014, 10:58 PM
I got to sleep in and went to the gym....busy with errands and laundry today....I had a few more carbs than normal today, a donut with my son and 2 cookies at a boy scout meeting...but i'm still doing much better with keeping carbs lower....I average 100-140 carbs per day and that's manageable...it keeps me paying attention to what I choose to eat but not being restricted in food choices enough to trigger a major overeating episode...

Diana3271
01-18-2014, 11:29 PM

I hope you had a great day!

Syckgirlsfv I totally hear you about going through a weird phase! Hang in there!

Lala Congrats on the 13 pounds! That is awesome! :carrot:

Larry Good job experimenting to find what works best for you! :carrot:

Wahinebythesea Sounds like you had a great day! Not gnawing on the furniture is a good thing! I have been there myself! ;)

Ian Glad your big day was a good one!

Novangel Great job at the gym! :carrot:

Shr1nk1ngme I hope you get some rain for your garden.

Kelijpa Enjoy your dinner!

Laciemn Can you eat at the college cafeteria? I know some of them have salad bars. That might be an easy way to get some extra veggies.

Traveling Michele Enjoy the Mexican dinner. Make the best choices you can.

Alaskanlaughter Sounds like you had a good day! :carrot:

Diana3271
01-18-2014, 11:33 PM
Total Approx 1485 Calories + :coffee:
Saturday is normally a higher calorie day. I did well today and enjoyed my food. TTOM is still going on but I feel a lot better today.

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (350 Calories)
Artisan Bistro salmon dinner 280 calories
Roasted cauliflower 70 calories

Dinner (740 Calories)
Chicken Bog (chicken and rice cooked with onions and peppers) 400 calories
cabbage 100 calories
2 Garden lites chocolate muffins 240 calories

Exercise:
Early in the day: Twists from Rodney Yee's AM Yoga for Your Week
KCM's 30 MTF Start Here Cardio Sculpt and Upper Body Weights w/8's & 10's
TF Fire 30 w#1 hand weights

kelijpa
01-18-2014, 11:47 PM
Dinner was good, but probably not the best for me, but yummy and over with, so whatever the scale says is whatever it says, tomorrow is a juice/veg day so that should knock off the bloat I'm feeling already.

laciemn the eggs were good!

Best to all :sunny:

Diana3271
01-19-2014, 09:44 AM
Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night I added on: Yoga Now's 10 Minute PM De-stressor w/Rodney Yee

Calories for yesterday: 1485 + :coffee:
Weigh In: 163.6 (TTOM)

TTOM is still going on but I feel better. I hope when it ends this time, it's gone until next month. I am so tired of this bloated PMS feeling.

Have a great day!

kelijpa
01-19-2014, 10:56 AM
Good morning all up 2.2 to 162.3 amazing what one meal can do. It is an inspiration to stick with the healthier stuff. If I ate like that all the time, I would quickly undo all the good work I've done to get where I am. Not an option.

Hope everyone has a great day, best to all :sunny:

novangel
01-19-2014, 11:13 AM
Good morning! :coffee:

Got up early and took a shower right away. I noticed that showering immediately helps me to feel less lethargic otherwise I bum around half the day and can't get going. Regardless, I have to leave for work soon so I have to move my @ss anyway.

I was looking at the resort for the 100th time that we want to have the ceremony at (I have been dreaming of Turks and Caicos island since I first saw it in a travel mag in the mid-90's!) and man, it is expensive. With that said we will get A LOT of bang for our buck so it's worth it. I Just wish I could teleport there to avoid flying. :^:

Ok, time to get ready for work. I will report back later.

Larry H
01-19-2014, 11:33 AM
Fun day yesterday, The East West Shrine Football Game tailgate party lasted from 11:00 AM until 4:30 PM, I was serving pulled pork the entire time. I saw a large number of my friends that had come to the game from all over the USA and Canada. It was especially nice to see so many old friends come though the food line from the Buffalo, NY area where I used to call home. It was sunny, but cold and windy in the parking lot where this was held. 49 degrees which is figid fo Florida. I heard once that you burn calories when shivering in the cold. It this is true I must have burned through a lot. The preparation prior to starting at 11 AM involved a lot of walking and carrying items. I walked about two hours. I have no idea of how far I walked because it all was in the general area of the event. As I said , I had a fun day and I have already signed up for next years game. The East beat the West 23 to 10. I finished the day at 1,408 calories which was just within my goal. My Sodium was a little high at 3,203 due to the BBQ at the tailgate party.

IanG - Glad you had a good time out.

alaskanlaughter - Good job managing your carbs!! I have just recently started to look at carbs. I am trying to limit simple carbs and increase complex carbs.

Diana - If you are anything like me, I will bet that at one point in your life you would not have considered 1485 calories as a "higher calorie day" :D It is great to see the change in our thinking.

kelijpa - Does your plan include days with just juice and veggy's ?

novangel - Hi

mamakat
01-19-2014, 04:12 PM
Hello to All.

Been busy but staying active and eating right. As of today, I'm down to 190, but it won't count until tomorrow. I missed three days of working out, but I did get two long walks in so hopefully it will work out.

I had extensive testing on Friday (yikes was it painful) but good news/bad news situation. I DO NOT have MD!!!! My muscles, along with my nervous system are fine...that is awesome. What's not awesome is that there is pain and he did find something...he's assuming a pinched nerve due to a slipped disc which he will recommend pain relief for if surgery isn't needed. I go for an MRI next Thursday. Either way, it looks like I am in the all clear of disease, it's about time, I hear something like that. I hope I don't have to ever go through those tests again, though...yikes.

I hope everyone is doing well. I can't spend too much time on the computers during the weekend...kids won't allow it. LOL. I'll try catching up tomorrow.

OthelloLove
01-19-2014, 04:24 PM
Ate clean all day today. Feeling great. Worried because I'm drinking tons of water but nothing is coming out. I think tomorrow's weigh in will be scary, will probably stay that way for a couple of days before balancing out. Stay strong everyone!

Lala165
01-19-2014, 05:48 PM
Busy weekend but I feel I did pretty good with navigating through parties and hanging out with friends however I could have adhered more to my meal plan and drink more water.

Coffee 2% milk
Honey almond Bran cereal with 2% milk

steamed broccoli, cauliflower, carrots with avocado and almonds nuts with red wine vinegarette
cherry flavored zero cal seltzer

small dinner roll with 1 small piece kielbasa and mustard

handful of m & ms
1 piece fish
coleslaw half cup

ReillyJ
01-19-2014, 05:51 PM
Going to watch the Seahawks WIN here in a couple hours :D and fighting the urge to snack through it which i never do!

IanG
01-19-2014, 08:10 PM
I am glad everyone is doing mostly well.

Up 0.6lbs to 172.4lbs. I have seen the bottom and I am on my way to riding this baby to the top again!

My problem is I can't eat less with all the workouts I am doing. And I think that is adding muscle or fat but I can't work out which yet.

Breakfast: 1/4 cup steelcut oats with 3/4 cup non-fat milk, 1 dried apricot, vanilla and cinnamon, 1 teaspoon honey, 1 coffee, milk, no sugar. Kippers.

Lunch: Smoked chinook salmon, jumbo lump crab, clams, 2 eggs scrambled, 3 quails eggs, lunch herring, pickled garlic, tabasco sauce, hemp seed, 3 olives, 3 prunes, kimchi, blueberries, tomato, seaweed, mushrooms, red onion, kidney beans, spinach, lentils.

Dinner: Nothing.

Exercise: Ran 10k.

kelijpa
01-19-2014, 08:37 PM
Larry my/our plan includes a treat day followed usually by a juice/veg day, always adjustable, today DH felt a little under the weather so we didn't juice for breakfast, we make our own juice. Because of the way he felt we ended up splitting a meat sandwich so it wasn't a veg day either, but still lower calorie. My plan continuously evolves. For awhile I was following a 5:2, 5 regular days with 2 fast days, but my fast days were juice/veg, it's just an easy way for me to snap back on plan. I need my treats and need a little extra discipline after, now it seems like one day is working. I love veggies and fruit, but also love meat so couldn't ever go completely vegetarian, but can go a few days.

Sounds like your day was lots of fun! haven't made pulled pork in awhile, that might have to be my treat next weekend :D

kelijpa
01-19-2014, 08:43 PM
mamkat congrats on the diagnosis or lack of, glad to hear you don't have MD!

traveling michele
01-19-2014, 09:33 PM
Mamkat... Congrats on the good medical news!

I stuck mostly to plan at the Mexican restaurant. No chips or alcohol. I had chicken tortilla soup which was quite salty. I also had a small salad with the dressing on the side. Considering the late time of the meal (approx 9:30 before our food came) and the sodium, I wasn't surprised to see the scale up today.

Today's weight: 130.4 back up .8 again I think

Breakfast: oatmeal with fruit, Starbucks nonfat latte

Snack: weight watchers snack 80 calories

Snack: cottage cheese and grapes

Trying to figure out dinner now and whether or not to do another workout. I'm very tired due to my unusual late night and still having to get up early.

Diana3271
01-19-2014, 10:29 PM

Kelijpa I do that same thing with an off plan or higher calorie meal. It's truly amazing. Also I think it's proof that you normally eat cleaner/better in your daily life.

Novangel Was the travel agent much help with your plans?

Larry I hear you on the lower calorie/higher calorie ranges. Things are very different now. Good job with the BBQ. Sounds like you had a fun day.

Mamakat Good news! I am so happy for you! :hug: I have always admired your strength. I hope you have a great week.

OthelloLove Hi and welcome to the check-in! :welcome2:

Lala Good job dealing with the extra activities. The fun times can be tough when it come to weight loss.

ReillyJ Enjoy the game.

Ian Keep working to figure things out. It will pay off. I am in a similar situation, although I don't workout out as hard as you. I don't feel that I can lower my calories anymore. For me it's a wait and see.

Traveling Michele You did a great job at the Mexican restaurant!

Diana3271
01-19-2014, 10:35 PM
Total approx 1235 Calories + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (600 Calories)
Grilled salmon 300 calories
dinner roll 150 calories
steamed broccoli 150 calories

Dinner (240 calories)
DH stopped at the gas station and brought us "something" home. Oh joy, right? So my dinner was a new Butterfinger peanut butter cup candy. Oh freakin' joy! NOT! I ate it and didn't dare go near the kitchen. I didn't want it to trigger any bad behavior. I nicely warned him not to do that on a regular basis. 240 calories

Exercise:
KCM's 30 MTF Start Here Lower Body Minimizer w/10's
TF Fire 45

alaskanlaughter
01-19-2014, 11:00 PM
I had a harder weight workout this morning and I'm feeling it tonight!!...did laundry today and errands...made a delicious black bean soup in the crockpot that I've been wanting to try...our dishwasher is leaking all over the place so DH is looking at that...nothing much else going on here....we both have the day off tomorrow and then I have jury duty on Tuesday *sigh* I REALLYYYY need to be at work but have no choice....wondering what's the best way to get the judge or whoever to send me home without having to serve on a jury

OthelloLove
01-19-2014, 11:07 PM
Update: what I said about the water not leaving my body? I lied. I so, so lied. Lol

laciemn
01-19-2014, 11:40 PM
Diana...I wish we had a salad bar! They sell some pretty basic salads for about $4. It's a good amount of salad, but it's cheaper to bring my own stuff.

Went shopping today! Bought some bananas, pineapples, lettuce, spinach aaand..more tuna.

Breakfast : 2 scrambled eggs with cheese and peppers, picante sauce, piece of toast and 1 glass of Tampico 420 calories.

Lunch : Canned salmon and a slice of bread. 220 calories.

Snack : Modelo 145 calories.

Dinner : Grilled pork chop, one cup roasted potatoes and salad with a tbsp light Italian dressing. 430 calories. My favorite meal of the week for sure!

Notes : Both breakfast and dinner made me a little sleepy. Maybe the fat?

IanG
01-19-2014, 11:49 PM
Well, I did my numbers. For the first time. They look pretty good. I assumed a 'bad' day and 'moderate' activity. I should be slowly losing with 2200 calories. Any thoughts? I am thinking the eggs might need to go. Or perhaps the lentils, prunes and blueberries.

Breakfast Fat Calories Protein Carbs
oats 2.5 150 4 27
milk 0 67.5 6 9.75
dried apricot 0 16 0 4.4
honey 0 21 0 5.666666667
Coffee 0 90 9 13
Kippers 12 162 14 0
Another coffee 0 90 9 13

Lunch
2 eggs 14 182 12 2
quails eggs 3 42 3.6 0
salmon 21 189 30 0
crab 1 120 26 0
clams 0.75 67 12 0
hemp seed 4 60 3 1
lunch mackeral 4.5 60 3.5 2
anchovies 4.1 111 17 0
Honey 0 64 0.1 17
Garlic 0 40 1.6 8
Olives 0.9 12 0 0.6
Prunes 0 69 0.6 18
Blueberries 0.5 85 1.1 21
Tomato 0.1 11 0.6 2.4
Mushroom 0 2 0.1 0.4
Red onion 0 8 0.2 1.8
Kidney beans 0.2 28 2 5
Spinach 0.1 3.5 0.45 0.6
Lentils 0.2 84 6.2 14
Kimchi 0 70 7 7

Beer 0 300 0 26
Total 68.85 2204 169.05 199.6166667
Weight 172
Low High
Carbs target 344 516
Calories 2408 2752
Protein 172 215
Fat 51.6 68.8

Diana3271
01-20-2014, 08:15 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! :wave:

Last night I added on: Restorative Poses for Relaxation from Yoga for Stress Relief

Calories for yesterday: 1235 + :coffee:
Weigh In: 163.2
Down: .4

Have a great start to your week!

kelijpa
01-20-2014, 10:11 AM
Good morning all! OthelloLove like you I had a release last night, I think I got up 3 times, lol, but it was good, got rid of what I was retaining, back down to 158.9, so back to Friday's weight.

Yesterday
B- coffee w/creamer (140)
L- avocado w/salsa (285)
D- 1/2 large sausage sandwich (801)
S- chai latte w/spiced rum (346)
E- 4 mile walk @ rail trail (-356)
64 oz. water

Those numbers are according to MFP, I was 124 under for the day.

Ian if it were me I would probably try removing the regular eggs, or removing the eggs every other say and the other stuff the other days so you're still getting variety and different nutrients while lowering the calories. I like to vary somewhat, but could easily eat the same thing every day, DH not so much, which is good.

By the way Diana he is doing good with the program, he lost 2 last week.

Hope everyone Has a good day : sunny:

“If you can’t fly then run, if you can’t run then walk, if you can’t walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward.” Martin Luther King Jr.

roadbikerchick
01-20-2014, 10:23 AM
Good morning, everyone :coffee:

I've been gone since Friday, from here, that is. I felt irritated and deprived, and last night I ate a lot. Not a true binge, but waaay off plan. All the weight I've lost since the New Year is back, and then some. I'm up four pounds from the weight I was only four days ago. I'm so mad at myself.

I know there's no way all that weight is fat. Only thing to do is to get back to it and do what I need to.

I need to find some motivation.

I'll try to post some greetings later. Right now I'm just kinda miserable.

See you.

Larry H
01-20-2014, 11:03 AM
Good Morning all :coffee:

No weight loss this week. :( It is disappointing to say the least.

This is a list of my daily calories for the last two weeks. Maybe I need to incorporate some very low calorie days into my plan.

Calories 1/6/14 - 1/12/14

Mon 1,251
Tue 1,463
Wed 822
Thu 1,342
Fri 1,218
Sat 892
Sun 1,175
4 pound loss :carrot:

Calories 1/13/14 - 1/19/14

Mon 1,387
Tue 1,335
Wed 1,065
Thu 1,391
Fri 1,274
Sat 1,408
Sun 1,171
No loss :(

alaskanlaughter
01-20-2014, 02:01 PM
last night while taking kids home, one of the kids got the truck's tailgate off its hinges....while attempting to fix it in the dark, the whole tailgate dropped off the truck and onto my knee, slamming into it really hard...I could barely walk last night....it's slightly better today but still difficulty walking...I don't think i'm making it to the gym today because I cant do anything with weights on my lower body right now...ughhh

IanG
01-20-2014, 03:11 PM
Up 0.2lbs today to 172.6lbs. My calories today should be 1600-1900 depending on whether I drink a beer. Kelijpa, I did ditch the eggs today, also the prunes but will try as you say.

Fish oil 4.5 40 0 0
oats 2.5 150 4 27
milk 0 67.5 6 9.75
dried apricot 0 16 0 4.4
honey 0 21 0 5.666666667
Coffee 0 90 9 13
Kippers 12 162 14 0

Lunch
quails eggs 3 42 3.6 0
Sardines 5 182.5 32.5 0
Mussels 8 150 22 0
Prawns 2 80 16 0
hemp seed 4 60 3 1
lunch herring 4.5 60 3.5 2
anchovies 4.1 111 17 0
Honey 0 64 0.1 17
Garlic 0 40 1.6 8
Olives 1.8 21 0.3 1.5
Tomato 0.1 11 0.6 2.4
Mushroom 0 2 0.1 0.4
Red onion 0 8 0.2 1.8
Kidney beans 0.125 17.5 1.25 3.125
Spinach 0.1 3.5 0.45 0.6
Lentils 0.125 52.5 3.875 8.75
Kimchi 0 70 7 7

Beer (optional) 0 300 0 26

Total 52.35 1906.5 147.175 160.3916667
Weight 172.6

Low/High Targets based on weight
Carbs 345.2 517.8
Calories 2416.4 2761.6
Protein 155.34 207.12
Fat 51.78 86.3
20% less calories to cut 1933.12

Exercise: Did 1 hour weight training and ran 5k.

Kat117
01-20-2014, 03:52 PM
Hi all - I would love to join this thread. I find the daily accountability is extremely helpful at keeping me in check. I also find the companionship of being with others going through the same battle is helpful. Many helping hands makes the work less difficult.

My weekly weigh in was 188.8 - down 9.2 pounds - first week of doing the Atkins diet.

Radiojane
01-20-2014, 03:52 PM
Alaskan ouch! that really sucks! Hope it feels better soon!

Just came back from a good swim. Didn't track yesterday, was at a nephew's birthday party all day.

Today's out: 270+ Walking the dog

Today's in: 1000:
Isofemme shake
salad with small amount of diced chicken & italian dressing
Supper will be steamed salmon and some cooked greens.

Weight is down .1 from yesterday.

Have a great day everyone!

OthelloLove
01-20-2014, 04:11 PM
I'm right on plan today-no temptations. Had egg whites and chicken chorizo for breakfast, burger patty and salad for lunch. The last time I did LC, I think I had way too many eggs and my calories were too high. Trying to supplement with egg whites at least 50% of the time in order to keep the calories reasonable. Eggs are my "go to" food.

Found out my balsamic vinegar has 1g carbs per serving. It tricked me! I don't use much, but will monitor carefully until I buy a new one. I'm craving some more salad now....

OthelloLove
01-20-2014, 04:14 PM
Roadbikerchick- you're here, you're accountable. Thats most important. Don't be mad at yourself, get back up on the horse. We're here for ya!

alaskanlaughter
01-20-2014, 05:04 PM
im able to walk today although it hurts to bend my knee or straighten it....it was just because it fell directly on the kneecap bone...no cushioning from muscle or fat :( man does that hurt....it also fell slightly on my other leg above the knee but doesn't hurt there because it's all fat/muscle there, not bone...

Chardonnay
01-20-2014, 05:10 PM
Oh gosh Alaskanlaughter, I hope you heal quickly. I've felt that kneecap bone pain when I got sidelined by a little brat on a snowboard when I was learning how to downhill ski. He was in the wrong lane and lost control, his snowboard smacked right into my right kneecap...first and last ski session lol...now I have trouble with it now and then, but we find ways to work through the pain!

Today is my day off from the gym, but I did a 45 minute yoga class this morning at home.

Lala165
01-20-2014, 06:00 PM
Hello everyone,
Glad to hear the news Mamakat!
Today I decided to address my compulsive overeating mentality by attending a 12 step program. It was a very welcoming experience and kept my meal program on track!

honey almond bran flakes with 2%milk
coffee with 2% milk
water16 oz

fish on whole wheat flatbread/bleu cheese dressing
orange
12 oz water

2 slices pork roast, carrots and onions(boiled)
cherry flavored zero cal seltzer

Chardonnay
01-20-2014, 06:12 PM
Hello everyone,
Glad to hear the news Mamakat!
Today I decided to address my compulsive overeating mentality by attending a 12 step program. It was a very welcoming experience and kept my meal program on track!

I think that's a good thing, sometimes we just need a little grounding! :)

laciemn
01-20-2014, 07:47 PM
Orthello - Chicken chorizo!? That sounds great, did you buy or make it?

Ian, do you use excel to keep track of all those numbers or MFP?

Breakfast : Poached jumbo egg, 2 Maria cookies, glass of Tampico punch. 205 calories.

Snack : Apple. 120 calories.

Lunch : Tinned tuna w/1 tsp of light blue cheese dressing, crackers, 1/2 oz of cheddar cheese. 250 calories.

Dinner : Glass of red wine, 1 Maria cookie, 1 poached egg and a slice of toast. 305 calories.

Note : My breakfast poached egg was perfect, but I burned my toast. My dinner poached egg was overcooked but the toast was fine. CAN'T WIN.

IanG
01-20-2014, 08:11 PM
I am using Excel laciemn and Google.

Fortunately, the main source of variation in my diet is fish and those numbers are often on the side of a can! But I have just started counting.

roadbikerchick
01-20-2014, 08:12 PM
Hi everyone!

IanG: Itís so individual, the amounts of food we need, that is. Iíd suggest using the numbers as a guideline, and experiment from there. Good luck! :D
Diana: again, good job. You are so consistent. :cheer2:
Kelijpa: congrats on the whoosh! :banana:
Alaskanlaughter: Ouch! Hope you feel like yourself real soon. :hug::getwell:
Kat117: :welcome:
Radiojane: good job on the workout. Keep it up :carrot:
Lala: Glad to hear about the 12 steps. It can be so motivating, knowing that other people are there for us. :D

And a huge :thanks: to Othellolove for the encouragement. I needed that. :hug:
Today has been a good day so far. I did a workout that was a combination of indoor cycling and weights. I burned about 600 calories. Iíve eaten about 1600 calories today, but that number may go up a little.

Chat later.

kelijpa
01-20-2014, 09:59 PM
Hi all, really low calorie day today, just the way it happened, will balance it out tomorrow.

Alaskan sorry to hear about your injury, sounds painful.

roadbikerchick glad to hear your day got better.

Ian good luck with your experimenting.

Lala congrats on taking that first step, I went years ago, best of luck.

Lacie your egg and toast sounds like something that would happen to me, I'm still working on timing for poaching in the micro, I wish I had written it down when I got it right...lol

Larry sometimes a maintain is a win!

:wave: Diana

traveling michele
01-20-2014, 11:06 PM
Hi all!

I left off with dinner last night which ended up being grilled fish and veggies

Dessert: 90 cal fiber one bar

Today's weight: 129.6 (I keep going up and down. I need to see if I can keep moving downward somehow)

Breakfast: oatmeal and fruit

Dentist appt then I treated myself to a Starbucks nonfat latte

Snack before workout of string cheese and grapes

Late lunch of veggie burger and veggies

Decided to take advantage of having a day off so I got a second workout in

Snack before this workout: few spoonfuls of cottage cheese

Exercise: 65 minutes body pump class. Going to be sore tomorrow!

Dinner: fish and veggies

Dessert: 90 calorie fiber one bar

Diana3271
01-20-2014, 11:12 PM

Kelijpa Tell your DH he's gets a big thumbs up from us! :bravo:

Roadbikerchick Just get right back on track. Keep trying and do the best you can. You can do it. The gain is mostly water weight. Hang in there until it passes.

Larry I see you have an average loss of 2 pounds per week. That's great! :carrot:

Alaskanlaughter Sorry to hear about the injury. I hope it doesn't hold you back for long.

Ian What did you decide on the beer?

Kat Hi and Welcome to the check-in! :welcome2: Congrats on your weight loss so far. :carrot:

Radiojane How is the job? I think you mentioned that the company was being sold or the management group was changing.

OthelloLove Good job on your day! I hope it continued that way!

Chardonnay Hi and Welcome to the check-in. :welcome2:

Lala Good job taking those steps in a positive direction. I have issues when I go off plan and do best sticking to my plan 100%.

Laciemn Sounds too familiar! I made biscuits for DH yesterday and burned the bottoms. I also burned my English muffins. I never do that. :lol:

Traveling Michele Another good day for you! :bravo:

Diana3271
01-20-2014, 11:14 PM

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (385 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (600 Calories)
Grilled chicken 400 calories
2 orders steamed veggies 200 calories

Exercise:
Exercise TF Fire 60

alaskanlaughter
01-20-2014, 11:25 PM
my knee is healing surprisingly quickly....I am almost back to walking normally although there is lingering pain on the bone itself...on the other hand I've had the urge to eat ALL DAY LONG....I wouldn't be surprised if it was connected to my body repairing itself...not sure...did house chores and errands today....my car is AGAIN having issues...ughhhh

Paulitens
01-20-2014, 11:27 PM
Breakfast:
16 oz of water
About 1 pint worth of water of mate, an Argentinian herbal tea (I'm Argentinian).
Protein shake.
Lunch:
2 cups of green veggies
Half a head of green lettuce
Homemade onion dressing (It consists of white onions and a bit of olive oil and sea salt, really easy and OH, SO YUMMY!)
Protein shake
16 ounces of water.
Afternoon snack:
16 ounces of water
Half a protein bar
Dinner
5 ounce chicken breast seasoned with sea salt
Half a head of green lettuce seasoned with my onion dressing.
16 ounces of water.

I've been very full all day. As a matter of fact, I didn't really need that half a protein bar; I only had it because I was feeling crummy and had a chocolate craving but I still did it within the parameters of the IP protocol. :) I'm feeling very proud of myself and motivated.

novangel
01-21-2014, 01:34 AM
Diana, I haven't gone to see the travel agent yet. We will soon. We got some bad news financially so now we're second guessing everything but I'm sure we will still go along as planned. To top everything off I opened my mouth to the salon owner tonight about some issues we're having that seemed to have backfired judging by her very irritated reaction. I have a feeling there's drama pending that is going to blow wide open in the next few days and I'm going to be the center of it. I can't win.

Exercise tonight: Jack Sh*t :mad:

Alaskan, I hope your knee gets better soon.

Start over tomorrow.... Goodnight.

alaskanlaughter
01-21-2014, 01:58 AM
I don't have any real explanation except perhaps my body is healing my injured knee but I have eaten like CRAZY today!!! not a stomach-growling hunger but more of a primal urge to eat...it's hard to explain...

I had 2 eggs with cheese, 2 coffees, protein bar, whip cream with dates and nuts (an old treat), 2 bowls of homemade black bean soup, a glass of chocolate milk, a saucer of rice and chicken, and a tiny bowl of cereal....OMG(!!!) it's like I've been eating all day long AND i'm still not full

on the other hand, my knee has gone from only walking with a crutch last night to being nearly healed and pain-free today...wow!

Diana3271
01-21-2014, 08:23 AM

Last night I added on: Lullaby with the Breath from Gael Chiarella's PM Yoga Meditations

Calories for yesterday: 1380 + :coffee:
Weigh In: 163 (TTOM?)

I am hoping yesterday was my last day of TTOM. We'' see.

Paulitens Hi and Welcome to the check-in! :welcome2:

Have a great day!

traveling michele
01-21-2014, 11:13 AM
Novangel-- hope you're feeling better today.

Hello to everyone else.

Today's weigh in: 130 (up .4 but I'm usually up after body pump which I did last night)

Radiojane
01-21-2014, 12:24 PM
Down .4 this morning.

I ended up eating too much last night, including a piece of cake I didn't need. I forgot how hard it is to willpower through the first part of ketosis. Calories still ended up under 1500, and I did 2 miles in addition to my swim.

It's storming like crazy here today so I doubt that I'll get to the pool. I'm going to try and get a few more mall laps in today, once my fitbit is charged.

Diana We still don't know one way or another what is happening with my job. Luckily my bf has received a promotion with a substantial raise, so should something happen I have a cushion while I look for something else.

Calypso214
01-21-2014, 12:40 PM
I'm a newbie to the site and to the thread...and already it's helping seeing that so many if you have the same issues as I with food and exercising. I have 100 lbs to Lise...down 6 last week...making 94 more to go. But, this time around I am determined to make it a lifestyle change...and not my usual "quick fix." Any tips/ fabulous recipes gratefully received! :-)

novangel
01-21-2014, 12:42 PM
Wow, this thread has really picked up speed the past few weeks. :)

I didn't sleep well last night but I'm going to try my best to do Jillian since I won't be able to get back to the gym until Thursday. Wish it was nice weather so I could run outside. Almost time for new shoes too I think.

BBL.

IanG
01-21-2014, 01:21 PM
Down 1.6lbs today to 171.0lbs. No beer last night Diana, but I will budget for it every day "just in case". Can't hurt. I did less exercise today because it it is a snow day so I lowered my calories to 1400-1700.

Fish oil 4.5 40 0 0
oats 2.5 150 4 27
milk 0 67.5 6 9.75
dried apricot 0 16 0 4.4
honey 0 21 0 5.666666667
Coffee 0 90 9 13
Kippers 12 162 14 0

Lunch
quails eggs 3 42 3.6 0
Sardines 5 182.5 32.5 0
Crab 1 120 26 0
Prawns 2 80 16 0
anchovies 4.1 111 17 0
Honey 0 64 0.1 17
Olives 1.8 21 0.3 1.5
Tomato 0.1 11 0.6 2.4
Mushroom 0 2 0.1 0.4
Red onion 0 8 0.2 1.8
Kidney beans 0.125 17.5 1.25 3.125
Spinach 0.1 3.5 0.45 0.6
Lentils 0.125 52.5 3.875 8.75
Kimchi 0 70 7 7

Beer 0 300 0 26
Total 36.85 1716.5 143.075 149.3916667
Weight 171

Low High
Carbs target 342 513
Calories 2394 2736
Protein 153.9 205.2
Fat 51.3 85.5
20% less calories 1915.2

Exercise: Ran 4 miles.

Syckgirlsfv
01-21-2014, 06:46 PM
hi all...Monday again :( I've not been doing the things I should, of course, and now I'm pissed off that I have allowed a gain of 10 pounds! most of it water, I do know...but I haven't been giving it much of a chance to come off lately. I had way too many shots on Sunday night! I always gain like 4 pounds of water afterwards...does this happen to any of you?:?::?::?::?:

anyway. FOOD:

B - gala apple/peanut butter
L - salad: romaine, energy nut mix, half an avocado, balsamic vinaigrette
no snacks
Dinner is unsure as I have school tonight, but I'm keeping it light. I was thinking a turkey burger with some sauteed zoodles on top and light swiss. IF i have the time to fix it, but it shouldn't take long. So far 650 cals today - I need to change up my dressing, I think. I ran out of the light stuff.

DH and I have come to the conclusion that since we moved a year and a half ago, getting to the gym is just a drag, and we don't go as much because of it. We used to walk when we lived 2 blocks away from the old gym, but this gym is not walkable, and it makes us hate to go. SO - we've ordered an adjustable weight bench that has a preacher station, some dumbbells, and some push up bars. We're already doing squats at home, and decided to just do the rest there, too. Much more likely to walk out back and lift some weights than to go to the gym! I think we also get frustrated because the gym is too crowded and we can't just walk in and get what we want. We still have 9 months left at the gym, so we'll try to go at least one or two times a week for cardio...but with school I am limited on what nights I can do it. Otherwise, we can still go for walks or ride our bikes for cardio.

laciemn
01-21-2014, 07:39 PM
Wow, what a day. Didn't really sleep last night, woke up late and finally met my scary but mysterious economics professor.

Breakfast : Good ole fashioned nothing.

Lunch : Chicken and swiss sandwich with buffalo sauce. 230 calories.

Snack : Celery with peanut butter and carrots with hummus. 250 calories.

Other : 2 x glasses of wine 270 calories.

Dinner : Crab stir fry 250 calories.

Lala165
01-21-2014, 08:04 PM
Hello everyone and welcome Paulitens,
Today I felt good mentally and physically and had no cravings! Today the snow is coming down and that usually means I am bored and when I am bored I eat but not today

1/21/14
gluten free rice chex 1 cup
1/2 cup 2% milk
large coffee with cream

provolone cheese melted on whole wheat flat bread
shredded raw cabbage with mayo and red wine vinegar
zero cal cherry flavored seltzer

1 chicken cutlet breaded with egg/ breadcrumbs fried and then topped with mozzarella cheese
1 cup whole wheat penne pasta
1/4 cup tomato sauce

roadbikerchick
01-21-2014, 08:04 PM
Hi everyone!

The scale was down 1.8 pounds this morning, so I'm feeling a little better about things. I've eaten about 1890 calories today, and I still need to work out. A lot of people might question my high calorie intake. However, I'm a true believer in slow weight loss. when I eat too much less, I get wild cravings that I can't control, and I eat my face off later. Also, I work out a lot, and if I want benefits to my bike training, I can't cut calories too severely.

TravellingMichelle: sounds like youíre doing well.
Diana3271: thanks, think Iím back on track now.
Alaskanlaughter: glad to hear youíre recovering, but, oh, too bad about the car.
Novangel: I hope it goes okay at work tomorrow. Itís so unpredictable how people will react to our stories.
Paulitens: I love your byline, ďsomewhere over the rainbow.Ē Iím guessing thatís warmer than here Ė weíre in a deep freeze again.
Calypso: :welcome:
Radiojane: itíll be nice to know, one way or another, about your job. Congrats on the .4 down.
Syckgirls: like others said to meÖdonít give up, just dust yourself off, and make a new start. You can do it!

Chat later!

kelijpa
01-21-2014, 08:32 PM
roadbikerchick reading your post I realize I'm a page behind! Will have to go back and read...congrats on the loss!

calypso welcome!!

Back to normal today, feeling good
L- spring mix, Italian, Bolthouse dressing, smoked oysters
S- banana
D- cod, tilapia, mixed vegetables
E- walk at work 32 mins, exercise bike 30 mins

MFP says 1572

Hope everyone's having a great day :sunny:

novangel
01-21-2014, 10:27 PM
I did Jillian 30DS Level 1...still a doozy. I'm telling you ladies if you want a DVD that will whip you into shape this is it. I swear by Jillian. I'm back to using 5p hand weights, working back up to the 10p again. My upper arms are my nemesis. She had them looking good but I stopped her DVD's completely when I started jogging and the jiggle came back. :/

I can barely keep up with this thread anymore so HELLO to everyone. :)

I'm super tired so I'm heading to bed early.

Diana3271
01-21-2014, 10:53 PM

We just got home and I need to get ready for bed. This will be a quick post for me.

Syckgirlsfv I retain a lot of water when I consume any alcohol, wine included. Also, it seems like it messes with my metabolism. Not sure why I have those issues with it. It takes forever for things to get regulated afterward.

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (385 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (600 calories)
Green beans 100 calories
Steamed oysters 500 calories (not sure of the calories. I ate only plain steamed oysters, no sauce)

Exercise:
KCM's 30 MTF Start Here Cardio Sculpt and Upper Body Weights w/8's & 10's
TF Fire 30 w/#1 hand weights

Radiojane
01-21-2014, 11:44 PM
TOM hit with a vengeance today so no exercise. I feel like crap.

Calories in:1211
Bacon
Eggs
Cheddar cheese
Broccoli
Kale
Pork rib
One square dark chocolate

CoolMom75
01-21-2014, 11:53 PM
Poking my head in and looking around...

It's fun to see what everyone is eating and also typical that we tend to eat the same things every day, creatures of habit. I will start posting this week to see if I can improve. I am doing 5:2, LoseIt and focus on whole foods, with as much homemade as possible.

Today was a fast day with just a breakfast:

Homemade slice of toasted bread
Goat cheese
Sautťed cabbage
Leftover cashew salmon
Coffee with milk and 1tbs creamer
400 calories total.

My breakfast M.O. Lately has been "egg on toast" with goat cheese and some type of veg, all piled up together. I swap out the protein if I have leftovers from dinner. Yum, yum!

Paulitens
01-21-2014, 11:53 PM
Hi everyone!

The scale was down 1.8 pounds this morning, so I'm feeling a little better about things. I've eaten about 1890 calories today, and I still need to work out. A lot of people might question my high calorie intake. However, I'm a true believer in slow weight loss. when I eat too much less, I get wild cravings that I can't control, and I eat my face off later. Also, I work out a lot, and if I want benefits to my bike training, I can't cut calories too severely.

TravellingMichelle: sounds like youíre doing well.
Diana3271: thanks, think Iím back on track now.
Alaskanlaughter: glad to hear youíre recovering, but, oh, too bad about the car.
Novangel: I hope it goes okay at work tomorrow. Itís so unpredictable how people will react to our stories.
Paulitens: I love your byline, ďsomewhere over the rainbow.Ē Iím guessing thatís warmer than here Ė weíre in a deep freeze again.
Calypso: :welcome:
Radiojane: itíll be nice to know, one way or another, about your job. Congrats on the .4 down.
Syckgirls: like others said to meÖdonít give up, just dust yourself off, and make a new start. You can do it!

Chat later!

Thank you for the warm welcome! You got that right--I hail from Texas. I miss the cold weather dearly, though!!:(

Paulitens
01-22-2014, 12:11 AM
Hello everyone and welcome Paulitens,
Today I felt good mentally and physically and had no cravings! Today the snow is coming down and that usually means I am bored and when I am bored I eat but not today

1/21/14
gluten free rice chex 1 cup
1/2 cup 2% milk
large coffee with cream

provolone cheese melted on whole wheat flat bread
shredded raw cabbage with mayo and red wine vinegar

1 chicken cutlet breaded with egg/ breadcrumbs fried and then topped with mozzarella cheese
1 cup whole wheat penne pasta
1/4 cup tomato sauce

Thank you, Lala and everyone else!

Today I continued strong with the Ideal protein diet. I am so full after dinner that I feel I must b doing something wrong. Crazy, isn't it?

Here's what I had today:

Breakfast- 16 oz water, 1 pint worth of water for my mate herbal tea (which I just learned has some carbs in it so I might have to go easy on it), one protein shake.

Lunch- Protein shake,16 oz water, and a salad consisting of 1/2 cupsliced cucumbers, 1/2 cup broccoli florets, 1/2 cup sliced celery, 1/2 cup baby spinach, and 2 cups of green lettuce, dressed with blended onions with a pinch of salt and 1/2 t of olive oil. I had the same salad for dinner, plus 5 oz of chicken seasoned with sea salt and a tad of olive oil. And had my third bottle of water. :)

Snacks- I nibbled on half a protein bar throughout the day, and finished my day with another protein shake and more water.

I also set my desktop background with pictures of my former, skinny me, for motivation. I feel great, I am not hungry at all, just lightheaded and making a conscious effort not to lick off spoons, or snack on foods I give my daughter to eat, or eat bad stuff just because it is laying around. I feel very accomplished and looking forward to my next official weight in (because I am checking my weight compulsively but I know it doesn't really count, hehehe!)

Diana3271
01-22-2014, 08:21 AM

CoolMom75 Hi and Welcome to the check-in! :welcome2:

Last night I added on: Short Rest from Yoga for Stress Relief

I have had a significant gain since yesterday. I know it's from the salt in the oysters but it is still frustrating. I literally only ate a serving of green beans and steamed oysters. No sauce or anything. The oysters were not steamed in a broth or anything. Plain steamed. UGH! The good news is that I think TTOM is over. Hopefully it will stay away for a while this time.

Weigh In: 165.8
Up: 2.8 pounds :mad:

Have a great day!

roadbikerchick
01-22-2014, 08:40 AM

I can only post briefly, but I just wanted to share that I lost another pound of that weight I put on over the weekend. So I'm down to 158.6. That's three pounds of water weight gone since Monday. What a relief. I've got another half pound to go to meet my first mini-goal of 2 1/2 pounds. Baby steps, I know.

Diana: I can really relate to your frustration over water retention. You are so consistent with eating well, so it has to come off soon. Hang in there! :cheer2:

I have to get ready for work. I plan to post more later.

Have a great day! :sunny:

shr1nk1ngme
01-22-2014, 10:58 AM
I am shaking things up today, since I have had no weight change in four days and I can feel my body becoming complacent with my diet & exercise routine.

So today my diet will be almost entirely vegetables with a protein shake after my workout.

It will be too warm for me to go walking while it is daylight (it's going to be near 90į today) and I have Bible class tonight so to shake things up I am planning 60 -70 minute indoor workout between Spanish class and grocery shopping. I plan to do some floor exercises (abs) this afternoon, bosu squats, an arm workout, and a half hour of flow yoga.

[Edit] It turned out to be not as hot as I was expecting, but I still hate walking in blazing sun so I am working out inside today.

traveling michele
01-22-2014, 11:33 AM
I may need to shake things up too.
My weight is up .2 today to 130.2

Breakfast today was oatmeal and fruit

Radiojane
01-22-2014, 11:40 AM
I stepped on the scale this morning and lost 5 pounds. Then I stepped on it again and lost 37. Time to go get another battery (and of course it's a coin battery - not one I have around the house.

Started my day with mall laps again. I'm moving more, but I just don't have it in me yet to get up and swim at 6 am when it's 40 below.

IanG
01-22-2014, 11:49 AM
I had to go to work today through the snow so with an early start I forgot to weigh myself. Haven't done that in ages. So I am calling it no change at 171.0lbs. Calories will be 1400-1700 today.

Fat Calories Protein Carbs
Breakfast
Fish oil 5 40 0 0
oats 3 150 4 27
milk 0 68 6 10
dried apricot 0 16 0 4
honey 0 21 0 6
Coffee 0 90 9 13
Kippers 12 162 14 0
Another coffee 0 90 9 13

Lunch
quails eggs 3 42 4 0
Cod 3 171 39 0
Clams 1 67 12 0
Prawns 2 80 16 0
anchovies 4 111 17 0
Honey 0 64 0 17
Olives 2 21 0 2
Blueberries 1 85 1 21
Tomato 0 11 1 2
Mushroom 0 2 0 0
Red onion 0 8 0 2
Kidney beans 0 18 1 3
Spinach 0 4 0 1
Lentils 0 53 4 9
Kimchi 0 70 7 7

Beer 0 300 0 26
Total 35 1742 145 162
Weight 171

Targets based on weight Low High
Fat 51 86
Calories 2394 2736
Protein 154 205
Carbs target 342 513
Fat based on 20-30% caloric intake 39 58
20% less calories to cut 1915

Exercise: Did 50 minutes of weight training before lunch. Will either run 10k or do 50 minutes of spinning before lunch depending on what friends want to do.

PS I have found a great cure for constipation. The prunes have gone (to cut calories) but I am taking a very strong fish oil supplement and this seems to work very well!

Syckgirlsfv
01-22-2014, 12:26 PM
hi everyone!!! :wave::wave::wave:

I'm a little less pissed off today...Roadbikerchick you're right of course and I WILL pick myself up, dust my self off, and give back those pounds!

I hope to keep to eating the way I have the last few days - last night before school I had an all breast-meat turkey burger (no bun, just the meat) from Costco with melted light Jarlsberg and sauteed zoodles on top...it was awesome! I didn't eat anything else the whole night, not even when I got home from school. Just my glass of wine and bed! :cheers:

I'm feeling really good lately - got energy and everything. I have been drinking this coffee that's healthy and has Ganoderma Lucida...and it's delicious, too! I think it's what has me feeling so good :D

Okay TODAY:
B - 2 hard-boiled eggs
L - high fiber low carb wrap w/ tuna, light mayo, and romaine lettuce
S - cubed watermelon

Dinner - I have some fresh spinach ravioli and some pesto sauce I might fix - maybe some chicken breast with it. That will be all. :dizzy::dizzy::dizzy:

novangel
01-22-2014, 01:06 PM
Diana, I am always fighting water weight too...I'm so sensitive and it's a PITA.

Syckgirlsfv
01-22-2014, 02:22 PM
I just have to share our crazy January weather with you all...

CoolMom75
01-22-2014, 05:11 PM
Weighed in at 179 today.

Working through a sautťed cabbage stashed in the fridge:
Breakfast:
bowl of the cabbage,
two eggs with goats cheese,
Two bacon,
Coffee with milk

Lunch:
Homemade pizza (ww crust, topped with mozzarella, more of the cabbage and thinly sliced red potato) 1.5 slices. Oh and a homemade bťchamel sauce instead of the usual tomato. Naughty!!!

Dinner:
Another 1.5 slices of the pizza. I'm glad that's gone!
Popsicle

Total cals today: 1305

Locke
01-22-2014, 05:39 PM
Hey all. I'm going strong in week two of intuitive eating. Here's my menu for today:

B- Turkey sausage, peppers, two scrambled eggs. Side of steamed vegetables
S- Mixed nuts
L- Tuna salad, hearts of romaine, grape tomatoes
S- Black coffee
D- Whole wheat pita pocket stuffed with sauteed ground beef, cabbage, and onion. (My family's version of bierocks)

CoolMom75
01-22-2014, 06:05 PM
D- Whole wheat pita pocket stuffed with sauteed ground beef, cabbage, and onion. (My family's version of bierocks)

I had to look that up. Looks yummy! A German hot pocket. :D

alaskanlaughter
01-22-2014, 06:07 PM
its been busy!....my car is going in the shop on saturday and is unable to drive right now, pretty sure the alternator is out...worked yesterday, went to federal jury duty and got myself dismissed yay! :) and went to my evening class...today im at work all day due to not having a car...worked, walked to the store, and am at work until 6 p.m....may hit the gym after work depending on how much energy i have...still working to lower carbs

Lala165
01-22-2014, 07:41 PM
Hello everyone,
It may not seem like the best menu but the fact we had 8 inches of snow and I usually kill the boredom by eating I think I did ok.
1/21/14
honey almond bran cereal with 1/2 banana
1/4 cup 2% milk
coffee with 2% milk

1 cabbage roll
homemade whole wheat pita chips (10) with salsa
5 green olives

pulled pork sandwich on whole wheat bun
10 tater tots with ketchup

cherry flavored seltzer

arerefngela
01-22-2014, 07:47 PM
Today I did pretty good.

Protein Shake

Nature's Bounty Chocolate Complete Protein 2 scoops
Vitacost Whole Food Shake 2 scoops
1 tsp Spirulina
1 tsp Maca
2 Acai Berry Capsules - I open and pour in the powder
2 cups soy milk
2 cups water

I had that for breakfast and lunch, keeps me full for 5-6 hour at a time.

Don't know what I'm going to have for dinner yet.

I found out today that I lost 13 pounds since Jan 1st 2014 - without eating perfect or working out but that is my overall goal, eat better, exercise and think positive.

laciemn
01-22-2014, 08:37 PM
Everyone's food looks so light today! Diana, don't be discouraged! I'm sure it'll go down tomorrow.

I made some make-ahead meals for the week. I also froze some bananas and kiwi for smoothies and pickled some jalapenos for sandwiches. I made some breakfast bowls I'm really excited to try, and some bacon-avocado-tomato wraps.

Breakfast : Tampico (60) 1 slice of bacon (80) and yoohoo (100).

Lunch : Chicken / swiss / buffalo sauce sandwich (250). Small apple (100).

Dinner : Bacon and avocado salad, no dressing, (150) , 1/2 half a banana (60 calories).

Caffeine: I've decided to start logging my caffeine consumption, since I want to quit. I resisted my morning coffee but caved to a diet mountain dew later. Hopefully I won't be awake all night!

noshoes
01-22-2014, 08:46 PM
Fruit salad for breakfast (melon, grapes, blueberries, mango). Lime water.

Banana for snack
Raw bar

kelijpa
01-22-2014, 09:44 PM
Hi everyone, good day today, on plan, resisted the urge to snack, the cold made me feel hungry for some reason, can't wait til the arctic vortex leaves for good.

B- cream of wheat, unsweet van almond milk, 2 eggs
L- spring mix, Italian, salsa ranch, salmon
S- 1/2 banana, pistachios
D- spring mix, power greens, sunflower kernels, salad topper, oiive oil, balsamic vinegar and salsa ranch
E- 30 min walk at work

MFP says 1352

Larry H
01-22-2014, 10:21 PM
My calories today were within plan at 1647 but my sodium was high today at 5168. :dizzy: It is days like today that make me glad I stopped weighing daily. I will be up tomorrow for sure with water retention.

My exercise is going to take a huge jump starting tomorrow, I am building a large BBQ pit at the Shriner's Club. This will involve carrying and placing 96 concrete blocks. That will be 4,320 pounds of weight that I will be handling. This may require a couple of days to complete. I am tired already just thinking about it. :D

Diana3271
01-22-2014, 11:01 PM

Another incredibly busy day for me. I will be glad when I get caught up with everything. I'm getting ready to have to start with month end stuff again. :yikes: I will be doing a lot better once all of the regular stuff is done and the taxes are at the CPA's office. I will try to get back to personals tomorrow.

noshoes Hi and welcome to the check-in! :welcome2:

Total approx 1380 calories + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (385 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (600 calories)
Grilled chicken breast 400 calories
2 orders steamed veggies 200 calories

Exercise:
TF Fire 45 EZ

alaskanlaughter
01-23-2014, 01:25 AM
its been a long day.....I worked from 7 a.m. til 6 p.m. with only two breaks of about 15 minutes each...then I came home, cooked dinner, went to the gym and put the littlest one in bed...i'm exhausted :(

Diana3271
01-23-2014, 08:22 AM

Last night I added on: Rest from Sara Ivanhoe's Taste

Weigh In: 165.4

Have a great day!

roadbikerchick
01-23-2014, 08:36 AM

Sounds like many people have been very busy. I have been, too. Long work hours, and people - my adult kids - dropping by when I get home. I hope I'll be able to post more when I get home today, but we'll see.

Scale says 157.8 this morning, down from that spike of 161.4 on Monday. Thanks to all who encouraged me to keep on going. :D My total calories yesterday on MFP were 1778. That's a good day for me.

I'm heading off to ride my bike indoors for an hour, then run errands, then go to work until 8 pm.

Have a great day, everyone!

novangel
01-23-2014, 11:18 AM
I overdosed on pasta last night. Guilty.

I have to run errands and then get to the gym or break out Jillian. I feel awful.

Radiojane
01-23-2014, 11:40 AM
Novangel Pasta is the worst drug out there. Pasta is my kryptonite. Totally feel ya!

Well I finally got the batteries into my scale so I could weigh this morning. I've got about 5 pounds of water weight off. No easy feat with TOM here. I have the beginnings of a chest infection, so I didn't want to be out in the really cold air at all yesterday. The good news is my hardwood is finally done (just waiting on baseboards and transition pieces), so I can "move back in" to my living room and get a little more at home yoga in. This week has sucked for exercise!

Yesterday calories in:1716 (I was good all day but ravenous at about 9pm)

poached chicken breast with Jalepeno Monterey jack cheese slice
Steamed asparagus
baked Tilapia
cooked greens
Broccoli
Cheddar cheese
Salted dark chocolate
Leftover pork rib

Exercise: 1 mile (5 mall laps)

Weight change: 3.5 (no weigh in yesterday)

traveling michele
01-23-2014, 11:48 AM
I'm discouraged as my weight is going the wrong direction so I thought about not posting but that doesn't really help.

Yesterday's food:
Snacks were too many because I have a late lunch on Wed. and I get so hungry-- I need to reevaluate this-- snacks were grapes, cherry tomatoes, 100 calorie graze snack, mini bell peppers
Lunch: tuna wrap and string cheese
Snack: grapes and cottage cheese
Dinner: veggie patty and a soup I made with beans, tomatoes, corn, etc. (used mostly low sodium cans but still the sodium may be partially to blame)
Dessert: none

Weigh in today: 131.2 (up 1 pound)

alaskanlaughter
01-23-2014, 12:16 PM
i didn't sleep good last night but i can rest a little later this morning...i do not have a car today, it goes into the shop on saturday...my exercise today will be walking home from work soon and then walking back to work later today and over for some coffee...its about 3 miles total...in the wind and rain unfortunately but it's alaska and that's about the only weather we get unless it's snowing

tonight directly after work i have a cub scout meeting...and after that i am going out to dinner with DH for our anniversary...i will not make it to the gym today

Syckgirlsfv
01-23-2014, 12:20 PM
hey all :D

I'm seeing the water come off now, since I've been eating pretty clean. I guess that's just the way it's going to be for me now...if I eat certain things the waters jumps. I'm going to stay away from hard liquor completely for a while - wine still doesn't affect me the way the booze does! :dizzy::dizzy:

Last night I had the spinach/ricotta ravioli, but decided to forgo the pesto because it had a lot of calories and sodium. I just used a little bit of butter and we had chicken breasts with dijon and herbs baked in the oven. Very good, and almost a pound of water gone this morning :D Still have 8 pounds to go to be where I was in July, though.

oh, and DH and I did 6 sets of 20 squats (rapid rate) in a 10 minute time frame...I can't tell you how crazy that is! Toward the end my legs are practically jello, and after I sit down for a few minutes, my legs practically go out from under me when I get back up! Some of our weights are arriving today, and the bench should be delivered tomorrow :D

B - 0% Greek yogurt w/almonds, honey, and pumpkin pie spice
L - salad: romaine lettuce, chopped baby bella mushrooms, energy mix, balsamic vinaigrette
S - Gala apple
D - maybe a repeat of the other night, since I have school, which was an all breast meat turkey patty with sauteed zoodles and light Jarlsberg on top. Wine at bedtime :cheers:

We are still having crazy weather...even for Southern Cali! It's been upper 70's and low to mid 80's for the past few weeks now, with this weekend pegged at 77. Next week Tuesday shows 84...WTH? I was born here, and I can't ever remember this kind of weather halfway through January...I'm wonder if we'll even see winter this year! :beach:

Psychic
01-23-2014, 01:05 PM
I've been really busy and unable to post. Still working on getting back on track, but I have been going to the gym. I've been to the gym twice in the last week. I'm going again today.

Yesterday's Calories: 1596
Today's Weight: 174.6 (Slowly getting it back down)

B - String Cheese + Ensure Butter Pecan (330)
S - Pretzels + Fruit Gummies (130)
L - Easy Microwave Fries (340)
S - Chipped Ham (50)
D - Chicken Cordon Blue + Seasoned Fries (400)
S - Dried Beef + Colby Cheese + Sweet Potato Chips (346)

Not the healthiest day, but my calories weren't bad.

IanG
01-23-2014, 02:56 PM
Down 0.6lbs today to 170.4lbs.

Calories will be in the range 1500-1800.

Breakfast
Fish oil 5 40 0 0
oats 3 150 4 27
milk 0 68 6 10
dried apricot 0 16 0 4
honey 0 21 0 6
Coffee 0 90 9 13
Kippers 12 162 14 0
Another coffee 0 90 9 13

Lunch
quails eggs 3 42 4 0
Halibut 4.8 249 36 0
Sardines 5 183 33 0
anchovies 4 111 17 0
Honey 0 64 0 17
Olives 2 21 0 2
Tomato 0 11 1 2
Mushroom 0 2 0 0
Red onion 0 8 0 2
Kidney beans 0 18 1 3
Spinach 0 4 0 1
Lentils 0 53 4 9
Kimchi 0 70 7 7

Beer 0 300 0 26
Total 38 1771 145 141
Weight 170.4

Fat 51 85
Calories 2386 2726
Protein 153 204
Carbs target 341 511
Fat based on 20-30% caloric intake 39 59
20% less calories to cut 1908

Exercise: Did 1 hour of boxing before work. Did 50 minutes weight training before lunch.

CoolMom75
01-23-2014, 03:03 PM
179.2 pounds today. My second day in the new decade. Yay!

Today is my second fast day of the 5:2 so just breakfast:

Pile of cabbage (finally all gone)
2 eggs with goats cheese
Coffee with milk

Total cals 433.

Syckgirlsfv
01-23-2014, 04:07 PM
oops, forgot to add a slice of Havarti cheese to my prior post...in my salad. YUM :cheese:

AND! I think I forgot to post my latest VEGAS countdown!!!!! I have exactly one week in between my Spring and Summer quarters at CSULA, so I have booked a 2 night stay in an MGM Grand spa suite in June that week! They also gave me 2 free show tickets :p We were able to choose from a couple Cirque du Soleil shows, Blue Man Group, Jabbawockeez, and a magic show - I wanted to see Jabbawockeez or Blue Man Group, but DH didn't. He wanted to see KA, which is a Cirque show that we saw 3 years ago...but it was amazing so I agreed. YAY!!! :carrot::carrot::carrot:

Paulitens
01-23-2014, 04:18 PM
I didn't do my accountability post yesterday, but if you've read my other accountability posts, I ate exactly the same. LOL. I need to buy myself a variety of meats because eating chicken for dinner will get old soon. :P

ReillyJ
01-23-2014, 04:31 PM
B - 0% Greek yogurt w/almonds, honey, and pumpkin pie spice
L - salad: romaine lettuce, chopped baby bella mushrooms, energy mix, balsamic vinaigrette
S - Gala apple
D - maybe a repeat of the other night, since I have school, which was an all breast meat turkey patty with sauteed zoodles and light Jarlsberg on top. Wine at bedtime :cheers:

I need to try pumpkin spice in my yogurt! i usually do a lot of cinnamon

novangel
01-23-2014, 05:36 PM
RadioJane, I don't eat pasta often but when I do.....well, you know the rest. :^:

I got in 3 miles on the treadmill before I had to get my son off the bus. I ran 100 errands today and still didn't get everything done that I wanted to do. My nail appointment can wait but I need new front tires and I want to get to a travel agent soon before I lose my nerve to fly.

I might actually go for doubly duty and get in Jillian too before bed.

Off to make dinner.

alaskanlaughter
01-23-2014, 05:57 PM
i walked 30 minutes home from work this morning in the rain and 45 minutes to work this afternoon because i walked farther to get some coffee....the times are based on the minutes of music listened to on my phone...i wasn't walking particularly fast because i'm wearing winter boots but that will count as my workout for the day

after work i have a cub scout meeting and directly after that i'm going to dinner with DH and after that, it will be time to do bedtimes etc for the little kids and then it's like 9 p.m. by the time they are asleep and i'll be exhausted...

my mom actually suggested that i rent a car while my car is waiting to be fixed...somehow that never even occurred to me LOL...DH and I are sharing his truck and i've been walking alot and borrowing rides from coworkers like for tomorrow's meeting...along the lines of "if you want me at the meeting, someone please come pick me up" lol and they're nice and so they will....almost everything i do is within a 4-mile radius or maybe 5 miles so i could walk if i needed to, with the exception of having to transport alot of food for my program

WahineByTheSea
01-23-2014, 08:44 PM
Breakfast
1 cup of Cheerios and 1 cup of milk 1% - 250 calories

Lunch
Panfried swordfish and rice 200 calories

Dinner
A metric tonne of veggies, 1 cup of basmati rice and 1 serving of low-fat (but still delicious) Butter chicken 600 calories

Snack
Assorted fruit 200 calories

Exercise
Very brisk walk through a frozen wasteland - 40 minutes

Larry H
01-23-2014, 09:49 PM
A metric tonne of veggies

Made me laugh, I feel like this sometimes :D

roadbikerchick
01-23-2014, 09:56 PM
Hello, everyone!

Alaskanlaughter: hmm, walking versus getting rides Ė real advantages to both. At least youíre getting lots of exercise. Oh, and Happy Anniversary!
Novangel: Great job on the workouts :carrot:
Coolmom: congrats on the 170s :carrot:
Syckgirls: Vegas sounds lovely right nowÖActually, so does Southern CaliforniaÖ :sunny:
Psychic: glad to see you back. What I like about this forum is that I can post when I need to, or when Iím able, and when Iím not, thatís okay too.
TravelingMichele: Those fluctuations are almost always fluid. I find posting helps when Iím doing well, because the thought of others seeing how Iím doing is motivating. However, I also find posting helps when I blew it, because of the encouragement. Keep going, your weight will head the right direction eventually. ;)

Wahinebythesea: I can relate to the frozen wasteland - I'm living in one, too!

So, I did my bike workout this morning (about 420 calories) and MFP says my calories for today are 1572. Iíll see if I can stick with that for the rest of the day. Iíve been motivating myself by reading studies about excess weight and dieting Ė what works, what doesnít, etc. Reading that stuff actually boosts my motivation. As soon as Iím done this post, Iíll be reading about the relationship between TV viewing and excess calorie consumption. :dizzy:

Have a good night!

Pattience
01-23-2014, 10:12 PM
Hello I'd like to join in too. I always like being in a communal blog, especially one that shares its food.

I have a big bandage on my right ring finger and it makes typing certain letters really unpleasant. Its my excuse for mistakes. Ok now i'm not making anyÖ

Actually my finger wins - its too sore to continue typing after all. That means i can't tell you about my beautiful lentil salad i just ate for lunch.

kelijpa
01-23-2014, 10:28 PM
Quick post, will have to catch up tomorrow

L- spring mix, Italian, balsamic, salsa ranch, salmon
S- orange, pistachios
D- McD's sweet chili grilled chicken wrap
S- unsalted sunflower kernels, frangelico
E- 31 min walk at work

laciemn
01-23-2014, 10:33 PM
Haha I ate kind of terribly today. I forgot my lunch and had a meeting and it went downhill from there.

Breakfast bowl (300 calories)

Lunch : Cookie, 3/4 Hershey Bar (250)

Snack : Cupcake (150 calories)

Snack : 6 Triscuits with cucumber, tomato and hummus (130 calories - try the roasted red pepper triscuits! they are really tasty!)

Dinner : A big serving of chicken pie, salad with Italian dressing and small dinner roll (600 calories?)

I really have no idea how many calories was in the chicken pie, but it didn't look that unhealthy? Who knows!

Diana3271
01-23-2014, 10:43 PM

Great job checking in and being accountable, everyone! I will try to get back to personals tomorrow or this weekend. I have been really busy at work. It does sound like a lot of us are busy right now.

Pattience Hi and welcome to the check-in! :welcome2:

I hope I didn't miss welcoming anyone! If I did, please consider yourself welcomed! :D :welcome3:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (385 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (600 Calories)
Grilled salmon 400 calories
2 orders steamed broccoli 200 calories

Exercise:
TF Fire 55 EZ
KCM's 30 MTF Start Here Cardio Sculpt and Legs w/8's & 12's

HuggerBunny
01-24-2014, 02:44 AM
Here's what I had today.

Breakfast:
-light yogurt, Orange Creme flavor (not bad)

Lunch:
-4 deviled egg halves, so basically 2 eggs plus some mayo, mustard, and spices
-tangerine

Dinner:
-a breast from the basil lime chicken I roasted
-salad made of shredded cabbage, shredded carrots, chopped broccoli, chopped cauliflower, vinegar, and some herbs (I made a giant bowl to keep in the fridge so will be having this every day for a while!)

Later I might have a cup of chocolate milk made with low sugar Quik or a small piece of chocolate. I've been wanting chocolate milk all day.

Edit: Instead of the chocolate milk or the piece of chocolate, I had a lemon Oreo. Yum!

Lala165
01-24-2014, 07:30 AM
Hello,
Yesterday was a totally hectic day and did not post, but I did have coffee with 2% milk and banana
2 tablespoon of potato salad and pulled pork on whole wheat flatbread
5oz steak with baked sweet potato and lima beans
3 graham crackers with peanut butter
hot tea with whole milk

Psychic
01-24-2014, 08:46 AM
Yesterday's Calories: 1455
Today's Weight: 175.2

B - Chocolate Belvita + Coffee w/ Splenda & Creamer (366)
S - Nutrigrain Chocolatey Toffee Crunch Bar (190)
L - LC Monterey Jack Jalepeno Stuffed Poppers (190)
S - Muller Frut-Up Strawberry Yogurt (140)
D - Whole Wheat Bread w/ Chipped Ham & Swiss (658)
S - Light String Cheese + Dried Beef (75)
Exercise: 10 Min Elliptical (-100) + 5 Min Treadmill (-25) + 10 Min Strength (-39)

My net calories were good yesterday. My legs are a bit sore today though. I think I overdid it with the leg work yesterday.

Diana3271
01-24-2014, 08:48 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! :wave: TGIF! :yay:

Looking forward to a couple days off! I think I am still going into work this weekend to get some stuff done.

Any fun plans for the weekend?

Last night I added on: Lunar Meditation from Shiva Rea Yoga in Greece

Weigh In: 164.4
Down: 1 pound

Have a great day!

Inkrid
01-24-2014, 09:12 AM
Hi There! Back after a short absence..

OK, every week am shaking things up a little. Since the New Year did Paleo ~ meat, veggies and nuts. Last week did Raw Vegan ~ fruits, veggies and nuts. I did lose weight, but not as much as you might think. DH thinks my clothes are fitting better, and I myself notice am less "lumpy". Yay! That could be due to just not eating sugar the past few weeks, but I'll take it!

I ordered two books on eating through the seasons. One is based on Chinese medicine/wisdom and the other is more how to cleanse/detox. Both have recipes. They're not Diet books, but look fascinating!

I will give reviews when I get/try them!!

Syckgirlsfv
01-24-2014, 12:26 PM
quick post -

had turkey burger, no bun, zoodles, light swiss for dinner as planned last night. But I was hungry when I got home from school so I had some popcorn.

another pound of water...GONE :cp: LOL only 7 more to go! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Ok today's menu looks like this:

B - high fiber cereal in unsweetened almond milk
L - Salad: romaine lettuce, baby bella mushrooms, energy mix, balsamic vinaigrette
S - gala apple
D - not sure yet - need to study for a midterm tomorrow so I want to stay home for dinner. Maybe some zoodles with pesto sauce and I don't know what else! we'll see...

Radiojane
01-24-2014, 12:28 PM
Good morning!

Down .6 this morning.

Yesterday calories in:1244
Leftover pork ribs
broccoli
Green beans
Hamburger patty in a lettuce leaf with a slice of havarti
Roasted broccoli

Since discovering my stones were uric acid based, I've decreased my red meat intake. Man did that hamburger taste good!

kelijpa
01-24-2014, 07:50 PM
Weekly weigh-in today, down 3 to 155.7, treat day today, it was a good week. Have to go away for work next week, could be a challenge, but I've been there before and was able to work my program.

B- out at diner, been a long time, corned beef hash, poached eggs, rye toast
L- split pea soup
D- ham, sandwich pepperoni, spring mix, grape tomatoes in whole wheat wrap w/mayo, Italian dressing
S- 1/2 milk choc bar, 1/2 dark choc bar split w/DH, plan chai latte later
E- 60 mins exercise bike 15 miles

Doesn't seem so bad now that I wrote it out. Hope everyone's doing well

Thanks for being here for me, after posting I felt I should exercise so I went down on the bike, thanks!!!
:sunny:

laciemn
01-24-2014, 08:30 PM
Breakfast : breakfast bowl and tampico punch 360

Lunch : bacon / avocado / tomato wrap 280

Snack :1 cupcake 150

Lunch again? : bacon / avocado / tomato wrap + tampico punch 340

Snack : 1 oz beef jerky 80

Dinner : Tuna / crackers / cheese 280

Total : 1490. That's more than usual. I'm definitely going to eat lighter this weekend.

Caffeine : I had chamomile and jasmine tea, but I don't think it has very little caffeine. So, although I exceeded my calories, I did manage without coffee.

CoolMom75
01-24-2014, 09:45 PM
Dinner:
-a breast from the basil lime chicken I roasted
-salad made of shredded cabbage, shredded carrots, chopped broccoli, chopped cauliflower, vinegar, and some herbs (I made a giant bowl to keep in the fridge so will be having this every day for a while!)

Huggerbunny, That's exactly what I do for salads. I get a box of organic veg delivered and I process it all in one day for convenience eating the rest of the week. I find the salad keeps really well in a large ziplock in the fridge. I poach a bunch of chicken and slice that up to keep in the fridge too.

Last week I roasted a giant pan of veg: beets, potatoes, squash, carrots, broccoli, etc and ate bowls of that all week. mmm! It's great having it for filler for sandwiched or eggs.

CoolMom75
01-24-2014, 09:50 PM
Down a little more to 178.8 today. I think I may have graduated to the 170s for real!

Breakfast:

a couple protein pancakes, with a smear of sour cream and siracha (I'm not a sweet tooth lol)
Sauteed spinach
two bacon
coffee with milk

Lunch:

smoothie with,
banana
apple
spinach
honey yogurt

Total cals so far 859.

Dinner will be a chicken soup

IanG
01-24-2014, 09:54 PM
No change today at 170.4lbs.

I went well off plan today with calories probably in excess of 3000-4000.

Those of you that know me also know that my diet makes way for one thing: good company.

Breakfast was as usual.

But I hosted a fish picnic for lunch with friends. We had everything: white wine, port, bagels, bread, cream cheese, salmon, trout, crab, clams, salad, olives, anchovies, cockles, mussels, octopus, quails eggs, dessert...the works.

I ate a lot, but the conversation was good. And I did not lose weight to sit idle at parties.

So there it is. Probably a gain tomorrow. And if there is a loss, I am sure it will be followed by a gain.

So back to work tomorrow with a trip to the gym and back OP.

Exercise today: Ran 10k before work. Did 1 hour weight training before the picnic.

Larry H
01-24-2014, 10:19 PM
Today's Food total was 1,244 calories :D

Breakfast
Banana - Medium Size (6.5oz), 1 Banana
105 Calories

Lunch
Chicken Breast, No Bone - Grilled, Roasted, No Skin, 4 oz.
Borden American Singles - Cheese Slices, 1 slice
String Beans - Green String Beans Steamed , 0.5 cup (125g)
Potato - Mashed Potatos 2% Milk and Margarine, 0.5 cup cooked
283 Calories

Dinner
Libby's - Naturals - Cut Green Beans No Salt - No Sugar Added, 1 3/4 Cup
Del Monte - Whole Kernal Corn - No Salt Added, 1 3/4 cup
Progresso Light Chicken Noodle Soup, 2 cup
680 Calories

Snacks
Apple - Granny Smith, Raw - Medium, 2 medium apple (154g)
176 Calories

Syckgirlsfv
01-24-2014, 11:40 PM
been studying tonight - dinner was a teriyaki marinated pork tenderloin with fresh steamed broccoli and jasmine rice. DELISH. Will have my 2 glasses of wine as usual, and I still have maybe 130 calories to play with. My daily goal right now is 1320. I may have a little dark chocolate for dessert :)

Diana3271
01-25-2014, 12:17 AM
Hi Everyone!

Great job checking in! Looks like everyone is doing really well. Keep up the great work. If you are struggling today, hang in there. Tomorrow is a new day. Get right back in the saddle. :hug:

It's late and I just got home from the grocery store.

Total Approx 1430 Calories + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (385 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (650 Calories)
Pasta e Fagioli 130 calories
Grilled salmon/broccoli 520 calories

Exercise:
Turbo Kick Round 32

Diana3271
01-25-2014, 09:53 AM

Last night I added on: Letting Go and Completing Your Day from Gael Chiarella's PM Yoga Meditations

Calories for yesterday: 1430 + :coffee:
Weigh In: 164

Have a great Saturday!

kelijpa
01-25-2014, 10:03 AM
Good morning all, up 2.5 after my planned off-plan day, I think it was probably breakfast sodium causing the up, not worried about it, it's the usual weekend upswing, actually I was happy not to jump back up to the 160's.

Starting off low carb, egg, cheese, meat scramble, did my exercises early, wanted to make sure I got them in, just need to do my cardio.

We're picking up new glass for the wood stove today, it'll be nice to have that in, especially with the coldness not leaving, the wood stove keeps the basement nice and warm which keeps the floor not as cold up here. :D

Ian you have a good attitude, sounds like you had a great picnic. You'll knock that right off.

I noticed even on my off food days I'm still exercising and when i have an off exercise day I 'm eating less, so finding a balance.

novangel
01-25-2014, 11:45 AM
Ian, as much as you run and lift I wouldn't even worry about eating 3k in cals once in a while. Athletes eat 3,000-4,000 cals a day on purpose and remain very fit. Michael Phelps ate 12,000 a day! Also it's not like you were chowing on fried chicken. I think overdosing on seafood is fine as long as a person is very active. Nothing wrong with dessert once a week either. Just my 2 cents.

Happy Saturday, all...gonna be another cold one all the way into next week, and probably into the week after next. This is really becoming a royal PITA. Monday morning is supposed to be -35 with wind chill and they're talking about closing school again. It's almost impossible to get anything done when it's like this and then I'm stuck in the house with cabin fever. I will live this summer to the absolute fullest! Mark my words!

I will at the very least go to the store/bank and then either stop at the gym (depending) or Jillian. I will report back later. Hope all is well.

Syckgirlsfv
01-25-2014, 12:10 PM
I have a few minutes before I have to leave for school, so GOOD MORNING!!! :wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave:

I'm boiling eggs as I type...I plan on having 2 of them with mustard, and some turkey bacon for breakfast before I go. :dizzy:

Last night I had about 1/3 of a dark chocolate almond bar and it was FAB. I was a little hungry still, so I had some popcorn, and I still stayed under calories. I've decided to stock up on popcorn, because it is a satisfying snack and is low cal. There is this microwave kind at World Market called Bacon Pop, which I can't find anywhere else, and it really taste bacony! LOVE it!!!:cp:

Everyone have a great day! It's going to be 81 here today:sunny::sunny:
I'm wondering when (and if) we'll see winter!

Locke
01-25-2014, 01:14 PM
Today was weigh day and I lost three pounds. Yippee! I've been eating low carbohydrate and loving it. Here's today's plan:

E: take the dog on a walk to the park
B: skip, big dinner last night and still full
L: tuna salad, lettuce, tomatoes
D: Pork chop and green beans

Radiojane
01-25-2014, 01:53 PM
down 3.1 today. TOM officially gone

yesterday calories in 1200
poached chicken breast
Monterey Jack cheese
baby kale salad
baked sole
green beans

exercise: 1 mile walk

Eydawn
01-25-2014, 02:04 PM
Hi folks. Sorry it's been a few days. Got knocked down with the flu, which turned into bronchitis. Taking prednisone and back on the calorie counting app... hoping the steroids don't poof me too bad! Hate 'em, but I wasn't gonna kick this without a dose pack...

Weight not too bad, 201.6 (considering I haven't tracked the whole time I've been sick).

Today so far: Special K cinnamon pecan (yum!) with 1% milk, coffee with half and half and LOTS OF WATER.... (stupid steroids)

Plan for lunch/dinner: Make some home made chicken soup now that I've actually got the energy to move...

Hope everyone's weekend goes well!

IanG
01-25-2014, 02:13 PM
Thanks kelijpa and novangel.

Up 1.4lbs today to 171.6lbs. I hope I am done with the gains.

Back OP today eating the leftovers from yesterday but measured out this time.

Calories should be in the range 1400-1700 today.

Breakfast
Fish oil 5 40 0 0
oats 3 150 4 27
milk 0 68 6 10
dried apricot 0 16 0 4
honey 0 21 0 6
Coffee 0 90 9 13
Kippers 12 162 14 0
Another coffee 0 90 9 13

Lunch
quails eggs 3 42 4 0
Fresh Smoked trout 8 180 28 0
crab 1 120 26 0
anchovies 4 111 17 0
Honey 0 64 0 17
Olives 2 30 0 2
Tomato 0 11 1 2
Mushroom 0 2 0 0
Red onion 0 8 0 2
Kidney beans 0 18 1 3
Spinach 0 4 0 1
Lentils 0 53 4 9
Kimchi 0 70 7 7

Beer 0 300 0 26
Total 37 1648 130 141
Weight 171.6

Fat 51 86
Calories 2402 2746
Protein 154 206
Carbs target 343 515
Fat based on 20-30% caloric intake 37 55
20% less calories to cut 1922

Exercise: Did 1 hour weight training followed immediately by a 5k run around an indoor track.

alaskanlaughter
01-25-2014, 04:48 PM
it's sunny!!!! I haven't seen clear skies since a cold snap before thanksgiving!!...literally

doing a bunch of family stuff and errands today...hope to make it to the gym today but maybe not...my car is at the dealership and I hope it gets permanently fixed today or early next week....

novangel
01-25-2014, 04:54 PM
Everyone have a great day! It's going to be 81 here today:sunny::sunny: I'm wondering when (and if) we'll see winter!

You can have ours!!

I just ate a quick lunch and now I'm off to the gym since BF is hogging the bedroom doing guitar surgery. I don't like exercising in the living room it's asking to get interrupted.

It's not too bad outside yet but I'm still dreading Monday morning. BBL. :carrot:

Lala165
01-25-2014, 07:33 PM
Hi everyone,
today I kept busy, spent three hours at Guitar center shopping with my son for his latest treasure. I almost remember what it feels like to be 16 again.LOL

water 16 oz
honey almond bran cereal with 2%milk
coffee with 2% milk

zero cal orange flavored seltzer sodium free
latte lite with caramel and skim milk

2 slices of oven baked turkey breast on whole wheat pita bread

1 cup popcorn

cavatelli and broccoli steamed in garlic and chicken broth and seasoned with salt pepper and parmesan cheese

also I started exercise for obese beginners, exercising from the chair.

laciemn
01-25-2014, 07:53 PM
B : Skipped
S : Chamomile tea with cantaloupe (50)
L : Grilled cheese and tomato soup (460)
S : Beef jerky (100)
S : Tea and cantaloupe (50)
D : Tuna, crackers and Tampico (300)

Weight : 160.5 lbs (-4.5 lbs)(it's been a while since I weighed).

Ian : Despite the setback, that picnic does sound fab. I've never eaten most of it, but I do love seafood.

Syckgirlfy : That dinner sounds awesome! Much better than mine, haha.

CoolMom75
01-25-2014, 08:06 PM
No change in my weight today.

Breakfast:

Two leftover protein pancakes with a smear of goat cheese and siracha,
Coffee with milk

Lunch:

Leftover chicken & lime soup,
4 smallish meatballs

Dinner:
1/2 cup of the ww macaroni with red sauce my daughter left.
Cottage cheese and pineapple chunks.

Total cals 1123, and I desperately need to do some grocery shopping tonight. The last of my veg is an acorn squash, sweet potatoes, carrots and parsnips. Ugh! I'm going to roast it all cubed with olive oil and salt. I'll eat it but I'm not a sweet tooth and it will be too much! I wonder how I can cut the sweetness...maybe some crumbled feta. The trials of getting a mystery box of veg every week.

Rode my cargo bike, with toddler on the back, to the park and back.

novangel
01-25-2014, 08:12 PM
Got in almost an hour of jogging at the gym. :carrot:

School is canceled for Monday, I don't see myself going back to the gym till Tuesday once Antarctica leaves. :/

GN.

alaskanlaughter
01-25-2014, 08:38 PM
I toyed with the idea of going for a run this afternoon outside....it's clear and sunny and only mildly cold, in the low 40s....my running shoes are very old but I was going to try it....however it's getting dark and I still haven't gone out there....and i'm still busy...*sigh*

alaskanlaughter
01-25-2014, 08:44 PM
my car is FINALLY getting completely diagnosed and fixed :D sadly it's expensive but not nearly as expensive as buying a new car....the ECG valve is stuck open causing the idle issues, my alternator is toast, a spark plug wire is bad and my heater blower motor is failing....all that will be replaced during next week and I should have a perfectly good working vehicle again....and I won't even TELL you how much this is costing up here in Alaska with no road system *cryyyy*

one more week without a vehicle....but it's a less busy week than last week was...

kelijpa
01-25-2014, 09:13 PM
Locke congrats on the loss, your post made me want some tuna :lol:

eyDawn hope you're feeling better soon, being pig sick stinks

Congrats on getting your car fixed Alaskan it stings when you have to bite the bullet, can't imagine your cost, glad you got to see the sun!

Syckgirlsfv your 81 was 18 here, lol, it got up over 20 so we hiked in the snow in our woods with the dog, he was so happy to get a long walk in, poor little guy's been without a long walk for a few days, it was a tough one, but felt good to be outside.

Novangel I'm with you, no complaining about the heat this summer! We're supposed to get below zero, too, wind chill is a drag...

RadioJane I love reading your food, sounds so good, congrats on your loss.

:wave: Hi Diana!. Hi Larry

Today wasn't too bad, for lunch we had pizza and antipasto and had the leftovers for dinner, so calling that a win, in the old days we would have had pizza and wings, ate the whole thing and had something else for dinner...

Planning on having a little drink, so I'm about 300 over for the day with that, we got the new glass for the woodstove, installed a new gasket, then went for a hike came back and hauled some wood, so I'm enjoying that drink :lol:

Hope everyone's having a great weekend, sorry anyone I missed :sunny:

Diana3271
01-25-2014, 09:56 PM

I made vegetable beef stew for dinner. It's almost 9 PM and I am waiting for DH to get home. He and the "little beast" went duck hunting today. I have already spoke with DH and he said the "little beast" did a great job retrieving the ducks. The ducks are probably almost as big as the little one. :lol: DH also said that the little one had a lot of fun today. :D

kelijpa Good job getting your workout in early and enjoying the food in moderation.

Novangel I wish I could send you some of our temps. To me they are cold but it would be a heat wave for you. Yesterday the high was in the 30's, today was 60. The air is very dry right now. It has sucked all the moisture out of my skin. Great job on the workout!

Syckgirlsfv Enjoy those warm temps!

Locke Congrats on the 3 pounds! :carrot:

Radiojane Great job on your weigh in! Keep up the great work!

Eydawn I hope you continue to improve and feel better. There are a lot of people sick right now.

Ian Not a bad weigh in! Are you having the beer on some days?

Alaskanlaughter I'm glad you are getting your car repaired. Any news from the police about the phone calls?

Lala Congrats on starting the exercise program!

Laciemn Congrats on the 4.5 pounds! :carrot:

Coolmom Could you toss the roasted veggies in balsamic vinegar? Would that help with the sweetness?

Diana3271
01-25-2014, 10:40 PM
Total Approx 1565 Calories + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (350 Calories)
Artisan Bistro Salmon Dinner 280 calories
Roasted cauliflower 70 calories

Dinner (820 Calories)
Vegetable Beef stew 600 calories
Cafe Latte yogurt (130 cal) topped with crushed almond biscotti 90 calories (total 220 Calories)

Exercise:
KCM's 30 MTF Start Here Cardio Sculpt and Upper Body Weights w/8's and 12's
Turbo Kick - Turbo Sport

alaskanlaughter
01-25-2014, 11:50 PM
Diana I thought I posted the results of that investigation but I probably didn't, being such a busy week for me and all...car troubles, federal jury duty, annual licensing inspection at work etc

the search warrants turned up the name of the guy and he admitted owning the phone....he's in his early 20s and his girlfriend's son goes to my school....the little boy used to attend my program and was in the classrooms of the teachers he's also been calling....he claims to have been drunk the whole time *eye roll*

and I KNOW HIM...I just didn't connect who he was to the name the officers gave me...I've let him IN THE BUILDING numerous times to pick up his stepson and he's never said a single word to me in person...I've also seen him walking so often in the area of my school that I assumed they still lived in the area but it turns out they don't even live around there anymore

weirddddd and definitely creepy....the police charged him with harassment and also told him not to come around the building anymore and to stop the phone calls....they left the phone trace on the lines for awhile longer just to make sure

CoolMom75
01-25-2014, 11:52 PM
I tasted my roasted root veg out of the oven and it is good! Not too sweet like I feared. I am debating having cocktails tonight and adding another 300 cals. I miss fancy drinks so much! Maybe I'll work it in for tomorrow night's Downton Abbey and Sherlock episodes. :D

Diana3271
01-26-2014, 09:13 AM

Last night I added on: Twists section from Yoga Zone's Yoga for a Strong and Healthy Back

Calories for yesterday: 1565 + :coffee:
Weigh In: 164.6
Up : .6 --- > I think I am up because we ate so late last night.

Have a great day!

IanG
01-26-2014, 11:18 AM
Down 0.4lbs today to 171.2lbs.

Calories today will be about 1700.

Breakfast
Fish oil 5 40 0 0
oats 3 150 4 27
milk 0 68 6 10
dried apricot 0 16 0 4
honey 0 21 0 6
Coffee 0 90 9 13
Smoked herring 16 173.6 20 0
Another coffee 0 90 9 13

Lunch
quails eggs 3 42 4 0
Fresh Smoked trout 8 180 28 0
crab 1 120 26 0
anchovies 4 111 17 0
Honey 0 64 0 17
Olives 2 30 0 2
Tomato 0 11 1 2
Mushroom 0 2 0 0
Red onion 0 8 0 2
Kidney beans 0 18 1 3
Spinach 0 4 0 1
Lentils 0 53 4 9
Kimchi 0 70 7 7

Beer 0 300 0 26
Total 41 1660 136 141
Weight 171.2

Fat 51 86
Calories 2397 2739
Protein 154 205
Carbs target 342 514
Fat based on 20-30% caloric intake 37 55
20% less calories to cut 1917

Exercise: Hope to do 1 hour of weight training followed by a 5k run.

traveling michele
01-26-2014, 11:56 AM
Diana, what kind of doggie is the little beast?

I decided to start calorie counting. Yesterday was the first day. Today I'm down 2 pounds! If only it stayed this easy. I also worked out for 2.5 hours so I can't repeat that every day!

Today's weight: 128.4

shr1nk1ngme
01-26-2014, 12:46 PM
Well, my little whoosh was nice but here I am two days later and now my weight is up .2 to 157.2. So I think the mid-upper 150's is definitely a set point for me and my "new normal" is going to be a loss of 1 pound every four days. ...Which will put me off my goal date but I suppose I can live with it as long as the weight keeps coming off. I knew it would slow down eventually.

CoolMom75
01-26-2014, 01:52 PM
178 today. That's down .8.

Breakfast:

Bowl of roasted veg (squash, sweet potato, red potato, carrots and parsnips),
sprinkle of feta
Sprinkle of cashews
Coffee with milk
Cod liver oil

Holy smokes that was 628 cals just for breakfast.

Eydawn
01-26-2014, 02:55 PM
Hey folks! Yesterday went pretty well.

Man, thank God for steroids. Today I feel almost normal. Still coughing, but I can take almost full breaths again and didn't need a nebulizer yesterday. Whew! I don't have time for this crap. Flu season is really busy at the hospital (gee, wonder where I picked it up) and they were calling me yesterday to come work... stuck to my guns and said no.

Ended up making different dinner than I originally planned, did poached eggs in spicy tomato sauce (so easy! Jar of marinara, about 2 tbsp of sambal olek chili paste, water- cook that down in a skillet so it gets nice and thick and then crack the eggs in). Side of quinoa and roasted parmesan cauliflower and garlic toast for my hubby and brother. Came in under my calories!

Plan for today: Had lots of coffee for breakfast, gonna get late brunch with the hubs and go clothes shopping (eep.) Not sure about dinner yet but I'm sure I'll come up with something healthy...

Hope everyone's Sunday goes fantastic.

CoolMom75
01-26-2014, 03:00 PM
Hey folks! Yesterday went pretty well.

Man, thank God for steroids. Today I feel almost normal. Still coughing, but I can take almost full breaths again and didn't need a nebulizer yesterday. Whew! I don't have time for this crap. Flu season is really busy at the hospital (gee, wonder where I picked it up) and they were calling me yesterday to come work... stuck to my guns and said no.

Ended up making different dinner than I originally planned, did poached eggs in spicy tomato sauce (so easy! Jar of marinara, about 2 tbsp of sambal olek chili paste, water- cook that down in a skillet so it gets nice and thick and then crack the eggs in). Side of quinoa and roasted parmesan cauliflower and garlic toast for my hubby and brother. Came in under my calories!

Plan for today: Had lots of coffee for breakfast, gonna get late brunch with the hubs and go clothes shopping (eep.) Not sure about dinner yet but I'm sure I'll come up with something healthy...

Hope everyone's Sunday goes fantastic.

I'm glad you're feeling better! I work in Home Health and it seems crazy how many people have been battling the same thing. I've been kicking them back to the hospital left and right.

Lala165
01-26-2014, 06:41 PM
Hello Hope everyone is doing good today! Today was my second day of exercise and I don't know if its better to eat first or exercise before I eat so I opted for exercise first.
1/26/14

30 minute exercise routine from launchpad series

water 16 oz
1 scrambled egg and 1 slice rye toast with 1/2 tsp butter
coffee with 2% milk x 2

water 12 oz
latte lite caramel with skim milk

homemade pizza ( whole wheat pita bread with tomato sauce and mozzarella cheese) baked in toaster oven

1 cup plain fat free yogurt with drizzle of honey and cinnamon and 10 almonds

hamburger patty on whole wheat bun with ketchup, pickle, cheddar cheese
2 tablespoon corn
handful of frozen french fries
lemon lime zero cal seltzer

Marniadec
01-26-2014, 07:22 PM
I was supposed to post here to stay accountable but I kept overeating and then I kept avoiding the forum. I don't cook and I rarely order takeout but I go to the grocery store every day and I always buy junk. I still get terrified at the idea of gaining even more weight but at the same time, I really don't care. I tell myself that if I start going through the motions, eventually I'll get into it. But then it's like I don't have the energy for any of it... So, what do I do?

kelijpa
01-26-2014, 08:00 PM
Marniadec just keep trying, looks like you've made great progress, maybe you could try just limiting what you call junk to every other day to start to wean yourself off. Best of luck to you.

Alaskan that is creepy, glad you're safe and they were able to I'd him.

eyDawn Ended up making different dinner than I originally planned, did poached eggs in spicy tomato sauce (so easy! Jar of marinara, about 2 tbsp of sambal olek chili paste, water- cook that down in a skillet so it gets nice and thick and then crack the eggs in). Side of quinoa and roasted parmesan cauliflower and garlic toast for my hubby and brother. Came in under my calories! that sounds awesome, can't wait to try it!

Had a good day today, fighting an allergic reaction to something, I'm suspecting some lotion that has SPF in it, just itchy on part of my neck and earlobes, it's not horrible, at first I thought I was imagining it, but now I can see a little redness.

Low cal day today, typical Sunday, up 0.8 to 159, at about 800 or so for the day, was over about 350 yesterday, so balancing :D

B- coffee w/creamer and a latte
L - low sodium v8
D- power greens, iceberg, grape tomatoes, mushrooms, sunflower kernels, Italian
S- chai latte w/honey bourbon
E- 1.7 miles in the snow with the little dog.

Diana I bet your little guy loved his adventure!!
Hi Ian nice to see a drop, interesting reading, your food data.

laciemn
01-26-2014, 08:47 PM
Marniadec : Just post here every day! That way, you know you will have to share with everyone if you mess up! You'll never get called out, but you know you'll have to actually write it all out!

Breakfast : Cantaloupe and punch (110)
Lunch : Salmon, crackers and punch (320)
Snack : Beef jerky (80)
Snack : Moscato 2 glasses (240)
Dinner : Banana protein smoothie (290)
Caffeine : Had a 20 oz Diet Mountain Dew.

Diana3271
01-26-2014, 09:55 PM

Can you believe this is the last week of the month? Let's make the most of it!

Alaskanlaughter I didn't see your update on that. Maybe I missed it. I'm glad the police got it all figured out. People are really weird. You never know what's going on in someone's head. I hope your car gets fixed this week.

CoolMom I'm glad the veggies were good. Great job on the .8!

Ian Good job on the .4! Looks like everything is starting to settle back down for you.

Traveling MicheleCongrats on the 2 pounds! :carrot: Our little one is a Boykin Spainiel. On the first he will be 8 months. Here's what Boykin's look like: http://www.lilypadboykins.com/PHOTOS.html They look cute but they are evil little things. :rofl:

Shr1nk1ngme Nothing wrong with losing 1-2 pounds per week. Keep up the great work.

Eydawn I'm glad to hear you are feeling better. Good thing you stayed home. I'm sure the rest helped, too.

Lala Good job on your day! :carrot:

Marniadec Hi :wave: It's good to see you. Make small changes and adjust as you go along. Maybe you can plan your meal before you get in the store. Buy exactly what you plan and leave without looking at anything else.

Kelijpa DH and the little one went hunting again today. They got up at 4 AM. DH said the little one didn't even want to get up this morning. I slept in the other room since I didn't want to be disturbed with their nonsense. :lol: Anyways, DH went to bed at 7 PM and Cody is sleeping by my feet right now. :rofl:

Laciemn I like Moscato, too. ;)

Diana3271
01-26-2014, 09:59 PM
My calories are a little lower today than normal Approx 1070 Calories + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (500 Calories)
Chicken salad wrap 400 calories
fruit cup 100 calories

Dinner (175 Calories)
Toasted English muffin topped with cinnamon, pumpkin butter and ricotta cheese 175 Calories

Exercise:
KCM's 30 MTF Start Here Lower Body Minimizer w/12's
TF Fire 60

novangel
01-27-2014, 12:24 AM
Alaskan, I'm glad everything is solved. What a creep.

I went back to the gym today to get in another 5k before I'm trapped in the house for the next two days...well, except for work. I can't imagine anyone coming in tomorrow for a haircut so we'll see.

Night!

alaskanlaughter
01-27-2014, 12:36 AM
ive somehow managed to come in way under carbs today, sitting right now at 1265 calories and 84 carbs....my goals being under 1500 calories and under 150 carbs...I feel best this way AND don't feel so deprived that I will promptly overeat anything in sight....at this level of carbs etc I can have a piece of bread, or a scoop of rice, or pasta without going past my limit BUT I can't have a ton of any of that....so I feel okay with that...

I haven't weighed myself in ages but with how my clothes fit (and they are form-fitting clothes for the most part) i'm staying within the right range, 180s-190s....I totally quit weighing after starting serious weight training because the mental aspect of that was super stressful :( i'd like to start dropping more weight though and really fighting for that goal of 150....

i'm not sure how that will look on me though, or if I need to up my goal...I still have a tummy but when I stand up straight it's a pooch but not a BELLY....my butt is rounder from weight training but less fat on it from what I can feel....my thighs are smaller too and have a lot of loose skin(?) on the inner thighs that feels really strange, maybe it's loose fat(?)

up north where I used to live there was a series of HUGE avalanches over the only road leading out of town, creating a dammed up river and they don't expect the road to open until next week

google "avalanche keystone canyon valdez" and you can see some amazing pictures of what Mother Nature is capable of....it happened in the appropriately named Snowslide Gulch right outside the canyon walls

CoolMom75
01-27-2014, 01:16 AM
Finished out the day at 1692 cals

Lunch:
Mug of my leftover chicken & lime soup

Dinner:
Bowl of my mixed roasted root veg
Sprinkle of feta
Two bacon
Mixed drink with pineapple juice.
A cookie! Hubby made some and I succumbed to one.

HuggerBunny
01-27-2014, 06:00 AM
This is what I had today:

Breakfast:
1 scrambled egg
pear

Lunch:
2 homemade peanut butter protein balls

Snack:
pudding made of 1/4 avocado, a banana, and cocoa powder tossed in the food processor (yum!)

Dinner:
leftover roasted basil lime chicken
salad made of broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, carrots, white vinegar, and spices

kelijpa
01-27-2014, 07:12 AM
Good morning all, back down to 156.3, amazing how that water jumps the scale up. Getting ready for my trip, this will be a bit of a challenge, out of my normal routine totally. But I know there's an exercise room at the hotel and a whole foods store a few blocks away, so it's doable, just will be a challenge.

Diana the Boykin looks like a dark brown version of our little flippy dog, he's black and white, shelter dog, they called him cocker spaniel mix, I think he's mixed with a hound, he howls like a beagle sometimes, so cute!

L- whole wheat tortilla, ham, sandwich pepperoni (making and taking for the ride)
S- banana, low sodium v8 didn't have the v8 today
D- plan some kind of salad, had one stuffed pepper, carrots, 1/4 c rice pilaf and salad
E- plan to get on the treadmill when I get to the hotel, did treadmill for 55 mins, managed to jog for 26, not bad for not doing it for some time

The drive up here was horrid, snow squalls most of the way, I almost turned around, feel like this week could be a challenge, and a gads, no scale in the fitness room, no scale!!

Hope everyone has a great day!
:sunny:

Diana3271
01-27-2014, 08:46 AM

Last night I added on:
7 Minute Premix from Strong Knees
Tamilee Webb's Total Stretch for Beginners (standing)

Calories for yesterday: 1070 + :coffee:
Weigh In: 164.2

Have a great start to your week!

Larry H
01-27-2014, 09:35 AM
I had a good day yesterday. I stayed under goal with 1,247 calories total. This was hard as I cooked brunch for fifty people yesterday at the Shriner's club at a fund raiser. This included some of my favorite foods such as biscuits and sausage gravy, french toast, pancakes, home fries, bacon and sausage patties, eggs, Ham, Chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy and green beans. This is only a partial list.

I would have normally pigged out but I was able to control my choices and my portion size this time. :carrot:

IanG
01-27-2014, 10:53 AM
Good work Larry. I am up 0.8lbs today to 172.0lbs. Don't know why. It could be the kippers. I have some fresh ones and they are salty.

Calories will be about 1800 today. I have found a great deal on canned salmon. The calories are a little higher but it was such a good price that I could not say no! So I will be eating salmon every other day for quite some time to come.

Breakfast
Fish oil 5 40 0 0
oats 3 150 4 27
milk 0 68 6 10
dried apricot 0 16 0 4
honey 0 21 0 6
Coffee 0 90 9 13
Smoked herring 20 217 25 0
Another coffee 0 90 9 13

Lunch
quails eggs 3 42 4 0
Vital choice canned sockeye 16 340 48 0
Prawns 2 80 16 0
anchovies 4 111 17 0
Honey 0 64 0 17
Olives 2 30 0 2
Tomato 0 11 1 2
Mushroom 0 2 0 0
Red onion 0 8 0 2
Kidney beans 0 18 1 3
Spinach 0 4 0 1
Lentils 0 53 4 9
Kimchi 0 70 7 7

Beer 0 300 0 26
Total 54 1823 151 141
Weight 172.0

Fat 52 86
Calories 2408 2752
Protein 155 206
Carbs target 344 516
Fat based on 20-30% caloric intake 41 61
20% less calories to cut 1926

Exercise: Did 1 hour weight training before work. Will do 1 hour spinning class before lunch.

novangel
01-27-2014, 11:18 AM
The owner called and said to open the shop at 11am since she feels nobody will come out too early for a haircut in this cold...Mondays are slow as it is.

I was looking at weather history and the last time there was a winter this extreme the summer after was very hot. I will take it!! Last year we were wearing jackets at night in August, I knew we were in for a doozy winter. I totally called it.

So...when I get home tonight I will probably pop in Jillian, I need a break from running today.

BBL!

Radiojane
01-27-2014, 12:06 PM
Marniadec The fact that you are posting here tells me that you WANT to do this! start with small steps. One less snack. One walk. whatever works. Eventually you'll build up momentum.

Alaskanlaughter I googled the avalanche. That is crazy!

Novangel What are the temps like there? We went from 39F (which is insanely warm for January) to -41 and a foot of snow in the space of 8 hours this weekend. We've actually had more 40 below days than anything else!

I am up just under two pounds today because we ate at a friend's last night and it kicked me out of keto. I'm not particularly upset. It could have been far worse, and I'm still within my calories. We had insanely high winds and blizzard conditions throughout the weekend, so I've been cooped up inside trying to put my house back together after the living room reno.

Yesterday calories in: 1550
Egg salad on baby kale
old cheddar cheese
roast chicken with stuffing
green beans
stuffed baked potato
homemade ice cream cake

CoolMom75
01-27-2014, 02:17 PM
Way to go Larry! That sounds tough.

Today is a fresh new LoseIt week and it's going to be another good one. Fast day-

Breakfast:
Egg on toast with
Goat cheese,
Root veg mix
Coffee with milk
Cod liver oil

Finishing out the day at 481 cals.

Syckgirlsfv
01-27-2014, 04:48 PM
quick post!

had a little more wine than usual this weekend, but NO liquor. So I'm not kicking myself with a huge water gain today!

B - high fiber cereal / unsweetened almond milk
L - avocado burrito from El Pollo Loco...they say it's 490 calories, but I have a hard time understanding HOW. So good! Sodium is high so I may be annoyed later on but I didn't bring lunch today and was starving...
D - not sure, maybe pork chops and broccoli, and maybe quinoa.

Lala165
01-27-2014, 06:36 PM
hello everyone,

water 16 oz

coffee with 2% milk x 2
1 cup plain fat free yogurt with drizzle of honey and cinnamon and 10 almonds

16 oz water
corn muffin and 16 oz coffee

chicken pot pie with instant mashed potato (1/2 cup)
orange flavored zero cal seltzer

WahineByTheSea
01-27-2014, 08:04 PM
I don't cook and I rarely order takeout but I go to the grocery store every day and I always buy junk.

It sounds simple, but I do grocery shopping just after I've eaten a big meal. I don't buy as much junk if I'm full.

Still stuck on my plateau. Going to try a quasi-fast day to see if I can get the scale moving again.

Breakfast - Oatmeal 200 calories
Lunch - Muffin and fruit 300 calories
Dinner - Lots of vegetables and red pepper fish 350

novangel
01-27-2014, 08:48 PM
Novangel What are the temps like there? We went from 39F (which is insanely warm for January) to -41 and a foot of snow in the space of 8 hours this weekend. We've actually had more 40 below days than anything else

This winter is similar to Canada. There was only one freak day that hit 50F a few days after Christmas. Right now it's about -40 with wind chill, Jan 6th it was -50 which I have never experienced in my 39 years. Lake Michigan is frozen. Lots of snow. Temps hanging around 2F for weeks now. Hate it.

This year broke the all-time record I believe.

Is it May yet?? :)

roadbikerchick
01-27-2014, 09:36 PM
Hi everyone!

I haven't posted for awhile. The weekend was not too bad. My weight has held steady all weekend at 157.2. Well, ok.

Today my calorie intake was about 1900 calories, and my workout burned about 600 calories. I'm okay with that, too. I'm really hoping the scale budges below 157 tomorrow. We'll see.

Kelijpa: good luck on the trip. We're here for you! Just think how proud you'll be when you come back, and you've basically stuck to the plan.

Larry: congrats on the willpower

IanG: you work out a lot. Are you possibly gaining muscle?

Radiojane: stay with your plan. You've done so well, especially considering you were eating at friends. Keep it up.

Hi to everyone I missed. I've got some reading to do to catch up on posts.

Have a great evening!

Diana3271
01-27-2014, 11:27 PM
Hi Everyone!

Today was a rough day. The weather officials are saying we are suppose to have some really bad weather around here. We are suppose to have an ice storm and snow. They are saying we will have a lot of power outages. DH has been trying to find a safe indoor propane heater. Of course everyone is sold out. We will order what we need tomorrow so we will be prepared in case we are faced with this again. He has been on edge and frantic all day. This is not like him. He really stressed me. Unfortunately, I fed on that, literally. :mad: I ate approx 1000 calories of junk. I did count the calories, so I know what I ate. The good thing is that I stopped at that. I could have easily eaten more. I wonder if I stopped because I was counting the calories? The bad thing is that I took my frustrations out with eating. Of course eating like that doesn't solve anything and I'm disappointed in myself.

Novangel Did you have much business today?

Alaskanlaughter Good job with your carbs! :carrot:

CoolMom Good job on your day yesterday! How did you feel today with the fast?

Huggerbunny I recently read about people making desserts with avocado. Interesting.

Kelijpa I'm not sure if you will check back in. Good luck with your trip. I hope you can make it all work out for you.

Larry Great job staying in control! :carrot:

Ian How was the spinning class? Congrats on finding such a good deal on salmon.

Radiojane Sounds like you did the best you could with eating away from home. Your calories were good.

Syckgirlsfv Good job with your day.

Lala It doesn't seem like you had much food today. Good job on the exercise! :carrot:

Wahinebythesea The red pepper fish sounds great!

Roadbikerchick Good luck on your weigh in tomorrow.

Diana3271
01-27-2014, 11:31 PM
Total Approx 2380 Calories + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (385 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Junk (1000 calories)

Dinner (600 calories)
Grilled Salmon 400 calories
steamed veggies 200 calories

Exercise:
TF Fire Starter
TF Fire 30

laciemn
01-27-2014, 11:51 PM
Aw, Diana, don't worry. We all let food get the best of us every now and then. Also, Larry, you are a stronger person than I! That food sounds way too delicious, especially home cooked!

Triscuits, hummus and peppers (180)
2 Aldi chicken sausages (180)
Peanut butter and banana sandwich (370)
Glass of Hi-C punch (120)
Taco Bell gordita & nachos (580)
Diet Mountain dew
Coffee

I feel the need to vent some excuses. I've been slipping back into relying on caffeine because I felt incredibly tired at around 12 pm and still had classes til 4, then volunteering until 9. I was out around dinner time, which isn't usual, and my friend wanted to go to Taco Bell. Not that bad as far as calories, but the sodium is also high (dying of thirst here). We ate at around 6 and I'm a little bit hungry now, but really have no excuse to have any more calories today.

I have been exercising a bit over the past week, doing planks and crunches and stuff. Not enough to actually burn calories but maybe get it slightly better shape.

CoolMom75
01-28-2014, 12:23 AM
You guys are doing so good with exercise! I'm a lump on a log who loves to bike ride and hike but doesn't get out to do either very often.

Diana- I'm sorry about the extra stress. Keeping track definitely slows me down for the next meal, if not the slip up. Maybe you could look into a woodstove. We love having one.

Laciemn- My eyes went right to the Taco Bell. Lol it's a trigger food I have to stay away from. I know I'm about to start heading in the wrong direction if taco bell is involved. It's so damn good!

I had a rough patch taking care of dinner for the kids. I wanted to eat so bad! But I powered through and got myself some tea. Two cups in and I think I'm going to make it.

alaskanlaughter
01-28-2014, 01:03 AM
I was able to get to the gym today so I did a weight workout....busy with work today and normal home things...started TOM and did eat a lot of sugary cereal but I counted it all and still somehow stayed within range..which is odd and now I wonder if I counted wrong...anyhow it seems once a month at TOM I eat everything sugary...like one afternoon of craziness and then i'm all back to normal for the rest of TOM...weird...I really didn't eat much today beyond that...

novangel
01-28-2014, 01:52 AM
Diana, you almost never go off plan so don't feel bad. Give yourself a break. I screw up at least twice a week, how I'm still 138-139p is a miracle.

People actually came out for a haircut but we closed early before the temp dropped even more.

No exercise tonight. I'm super cranky from PMS. :devil:

Marniadec
01-28-2014, 04:18 AM
I'm always full when I go grocery shopping, I always have a list, etc. I've just gotten addicted to cheetos. I eat more than 1000 calories worth of cheetos and chocolate every single day. Yesterday, I managed to only eat 370 calories of pure crap, though!

And I would've stayed at 1700 calories, had it not been for my dad. I've been sleeping during the day for the past few days but he doesn't know it. About an hour after I had dinner today, he woke up and made me eat breakfast. He wants me to eat healthy so I won't die like my brother did, even though my brother's death had nothing to do with his eating habits. I think that we've all developed some form of OCD.

So, anyway here's what I ate:

Breakfast: Croissant filled with cherry jelly, coffee.
Lunch: Pasta with tomato sauce, mushrooms and green bell pepper, salad, tirosalata.
Snack: Cheetos, bounty.
Dinner: Same as lunch.
Second breakfast: Huge bowl of cereal, a banana, a tangerine and an apple.

HuggerBunny
01-28-2014, 05:42 AM
This is what I had today.

Breakfast: quesadilla w/ low carb tortilla, cheddar, and a tangerine
Lunch: light raspberry yogurt
Dinner: ginger ale and saltine crackers (I was feeling quite ill and for some reason this helps me feel better)

The ginger ale and saltine crackers are not things I would have on a regular day, but like I said, really wasn't feeling well. They did their magic and now I feel better, though, so it was worth it :)

roadbikerchick
01-28-2014, 07:41 AM
Good morning everyone! :coffee:

Woohoo! The scale is down to 156.4 today. I hope it stays there.

Diana: you are so consistent, like others have said. I think the tracking probably helped you stop. Thatís how it works for me. In the big picture, one off day doesnít make that big a difference. Youíre here, and youíre accountable, thatís what counts.

Laciemn: Itís so hard not to hit the caffeine when our days get busy. I hope you get a chance to rest soon. Good job on doing well while eating out.

Novangel: hope the PMS eases soon.

Huggerbunny: Get well soon!

Marniadec: Youíve come most of the way in your weight loss journey. Iím sure you know how to brush yourself off after an off-plan day, and get back on track. Iím sorry to learn about your brother. My heart goes out to you.

Alaskanlaughter: I remember craving sweets and chocolate right before TOM. Good job staying on track.

Itís bitterly cold here -22C or -8 F. Wind chill warnings are in effect. Itís been the coldest winter in 20 years. *Sigh* Weíve had no warnings about an ice storm or power outages, though, so Iím glad for that. Diana, I hope you find a heater AND I hope you don't need it. :sunny:

Iíll check in later. Have a great day!

Diana3271
01-28-2014, 08:21 AM

Last night I added on: Short Rest from AM PM Yoga for Beginners

Thank you for all the support. I think all of that was a build up. I have mentioned about our good friend having cancer in the past. He was put back in the hospital on Sunday. The poor man has it rough for the last year. I feel like I have been reliving everything that I went through with my Mom and Dad. It's all a growing experience. I need to try to focus on the good and positive. I can't fix everything, although in my heart and mind I try. It is what it is and I need to just let go some times. I can't carry the world on my shoulders. If I can learn to let things go I think things will be better with my angioedema. I have been having regular flare ups again. Today is a new day and I'm back on the old wagon again. :sunny:

Calories for yesterday: 2380 + :coffee:
Weigh In: 165.2
Up: 1 pound

Have a great day!

IanG
01-28-2014, 10:51 AM
Up a whopping 1.6lbs to 173.6lbs. I hope it is muscle roadbikerchick! My computer at home also has a bug. I will need to fix that tonight which will be a real hassle.

Calories today will be about 1800. I was feeling tired so had some extra kippers!

Breakfast
Fish oil 5 40 0 0
oats 3 150 4 27
milk 0 68 6 10
dried apricot 0 16 0 4
honey 0 21 0 6
Coffee 0 90 9 13
Smoked herring 18 191 22 0
Another coffee 0 90 9 13

Lunch
quails eggs 3 42 4 0
Sardines 5 183 33 0
Mussels 8 150 22 0
Polar Kippers 12 162 14 0
anchovies 2 65 10 0
Honey 0 64 0 17
Olives 2 30 0 2
Tomato 0 11 1 2
Mushroom 0 2 0 0
Red onion 0 8 0 2
Kidney beans 0 18 1 3
Spinach 0 4 0 1
Lentils 0 53 4 9
Kimchi 0 70 7 7

Beer 0 300 0 26
Total 57 1825 146 141
Weight 173.6

Fat 52 87
Calories 2430 2778
Protein 156 208
Carbs target 347 521
20% less calories to cut 1944

Exercise: Did 1 hour boxing before work. Will hopefully run 10k before lunch.

Radiojane
01-28-2014, 11:20 AM
Diana Knowing that you were eating out of frustration is a HUGE victory in any case. I'm sorry about your friend.

Novangel Yeah - that's exactly our weather this year. Except we get a lot of -50 days this winter. This is bitter, even for us.

Well, completely by accident, I did my first 24 hour fast! I usually eat between noon and 8 pm, but my lunch got pushed until 3, and I didn't feel particularly hungry. When I got home I decided I could make it until 7 pm. I kept my fluids up the whole time, and ate a reasonable meal. I felt fine, and this morning I had lost all the water from the day before plus another 1.2 pounds.

Yesterday calories in: 862
Kale greens cooked in olive oil
steamed green beans
aged cheddar cheese
Steelhead trout with mayo and dill

Yesterday calories out: 350
25 Minute swim

I'm on my way home to continue putting my house back in one piece. Looking forward to seeing an old friend tonight too. Have a great day everyone!

CoolMom75
01-28-2014, 11:54 AM
Radiojane, that meal sounds so yummy! I fast twice a week and that woosh and appetite re-set is nice. It's not cool having to deal with food for the kids during a fast though.

177.6 today.

I still have to roast my next round of veg and don't have time before an appointment this morning. A failure to plan is a plan to fail, as they say...

Breakfast:
A leftover chicken drumstick (fried!)
Mandarin orange
Coffee with milk

Total cals 511

Thank goodness I entered foods for a calorie check before eating anymore. Fried chicken from the store is a lot different than my poached stuff. I know this, of course, but dang! Half my calories on such a tiny quantity of food. :(

15 bean soup in the crockpot for dinner tonight.

Lala165
01-28-2014, 06:15 PM
Hello everyone,
Diana, everyone is entitled to a bad day the fact you recognized it, is a success in itself.
Yesterday I did not eat much food which can be as bad as eating too much. Circumstances came up and I just missed lunch. Today I tried to get all my nutrition in:

water 16 oz

coffee with 2% milk x 2
1 cup of corn flakes , 1 medium size banana, 1/2cup 2% milk

spring mix salad with sliced raw onion, carrots, cucumber, sprinkle of feta cheese and cubed beets homemade honey mustard dressing(spicy brown mustard, honey and 2%milk)

6 oz Pork chop baked in oven
1/2 cup sauerkraut with diced apple with brown sugar
1/2 cup beets and remaining salad from lunch
boiled spinach

Diana3271
01-28-2014, 07:03 PM

We closed early and we are home. The weather hasn't gotten bad, yet. DH still wants to go out to eat. Go figure, right? He is sitting in the recliner watching a movie. It seems so weird to be home this early. We normally get home around 9 PM. Gotta love being self employed. :lol: Thank you again for the support. :grouphug:

Laciemn Good job keeping your calories in check. There are quite a few short cardio workouts that you can find on youtube. You might be able to incorporate those in with your regular workout routine.

Coolmom Good job holding strong and drinking the tea. I am drinking a cup of decaf coffee right now. I was feeling hungry but DH isn't ready to eat, yet. I think just sitting here makes me hungry. :lol: I have already put up all the dishes and clothes. I totally understand about fried vs grilled/poached, etc. I am a volume eater so that's the reason I eat grilled/steamed foods.

Alaskanlaughter Good job with the workout and still logging your food.

Novangel Hang in there with PMS. I worry about the extra calories because of my thyroid/meds being off. I think that's what happened during the holidays. Although I didn't eat a lot of off plan meals, I did gain weight from what I did have. I will be glad when it all gets regulated. Before my thyroid/meds got out of whack I could eat higher calorie and it wouldn't affect my weight. What happened with the drama at work last week?

Marniadec Good job yesterday. Keep working on things. Take it one day at a time or even one meal at a time. :hug:

Huggerbunny I'm glad you are feeling better and not coming down with something.

Roadbikerchick Congrats on your weigh in! I hope we don't lose power. Us Southerners are not used to this Winter weather. ;)

Ian I wonder if the gain is from the oats? Keep working it.

Radiojane Enjoy the time with your friend. Your foods sound great. Good job losing the water weight.

Lala Good job on your food and exercise. :carrot:

laciemn
01-28-2014, 07:36 PM
2 scrambled eggs with wilted salad greens and peppers (205)
4 oz grilled chicken (201)
Triscuits with hummus (200)
Banana (130)
Cantaloupe (35)
Grilled cheese with tomato soup and crackers (420)

:1185

Did much better today! I've used 1/2 tbsp of butter with my eggs and grilled cheese.

Thanks Diane! I might try it another day. My shoulders / back are actually quite painful from something I did.

Coolmom, I did actually feel guilty about the Taco Bell. It was admittedly quite tasty, but I didn't really want to eat it all, but I did anyway because it seemed appropriate. I really have an innate instinct to finish my food, which is not bad when I make my own small meals, not good in other situations though!

Roadbikerchick : Drinking coffee or diet sodas has always been a major thing for me. This is the best effort I've done in a while. I have at least reduced my coffee thus far, and I only had a tiny little cup today.

Diana3271
01-28-2014, 08:53 PM

Well, Jim Cantori is in town. That's never a good sign. :rofl:

Laciemn Good job on your day.

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (385 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (600 calories)
I have had a couple cups of plain decaf coffee no cream or sugar
Grilled salmon 400 calories
2 servings steamed broccoli 200 calories

Exercise:
KCM's 30 MTF Start Here Cardio Sculpt and Upper Body Weights w/8's & 12's
TJ Cardio Mix 3 w/weighted gloves

HuggerBunny
01-28-2014, 09:26 PM
Diana, looks like you had a good day! Way to get back on track :D I hope you're feeling a bit less stressed!

CoolMom75
01-28-2014, 10:19 PM
Laciemn, I'm a plate cleaner too. "Power through!" Is what my brothers always joke about.

Lunch was:
Pineapple and cottage cheese
Cod liver oil

Dinner:
15 bean soup with Italian sausage
A bowl of roasted root veg

Total cals 1033
Surprisingly satisfied but I'll probably get hungry once more and have another small mug of the soup.

Larry H
01-28-2014, 10:34 PM
Good evening all

I had only 1,105 calories today which is well under my 1,730 goal.:D This was an unusual day for me. I woke up at noon. Normally I am an early riser. My body must have needed a rest. ;)

Lunch was at a Chinese Buffet which is one of my favorite foods but I was able to limit myself to 900 calories.:D

Dinner consisted of two large Honeycrisp apples.

I went grocery shopping at Publix today and I found they have Chicken and Beef cooking stock with no added salt. It is low calorie, only 20 per cupful and only 125 mg sodium. I will begin using this in recipes that call for broth or bouillon. It should greatly help my sodium consumption.:carrot:

roadbikerchick
01-28-2014, 11:00 PM
Hi everyone!

Diana: We northerners arenít used to this winter weather, either. I googled Jim Cantori. Lol. If heís there, your weather *must* be bad. And look at you, right back on track with eating again! I'm sorry to hear about your, friend, too.
Laciemn: looks like you had a good day, food plan wise. I hope it was good in every other way, too
IanG: Iím the IT person in our household, and fixing a computer bug is *not* my idea of a fun evening. Hope it goes well.
Radiojane: congratulations on the weight drop. I donít know if ever, in my entire life, Iíve gone without food for 24 hours, and done it easily. Maybe when I was sick. :dizzy:

I had an okay day today. I ate about 1990 calories and did strength training (225 calories burned). Not fantastic, but not a weight gain day. Iíll take that.

I'll check in tomorrow. Good night, all!

kelijpa
01-28-2014, 11:25 PM
Hi everyone!
Today was a challenge, but it seemed to go ok, visited with a friend at her house, she made pizza, they're going out for drinks tomorrow, I'm going to skip that, especially after she said the place had great chips...really proud of ,yes elf, exercise wise, when I got back to the hotel I went down on the treadmill and jogged for 30 minutes, still feels weird not being able to weigh-in...

B- oatmeal, raisins, walnuts, fruit cup
L- southwest grilled chicken wrap
S- orange, 1 dove cookies and cream thing
E - 2.72 miles 40 minutes treadmill

Thanks roadbikerchick and Diana for the encouragement, it's definitely not easy when you're out of your element, making the best of it :sunny:
D- homemade frozen pizza

alaskanlaughter
01-29-2014, 12:28 AM
it was a busy stressful day :( finances suckkkkk

I had a good solid weight workout...the ab machine is broken at the gym so i'm just skipping that part for the moment, it will be fixed soon

did much better focusing back on lower-carb food choices...ending the day at 1490 calories and 106 carbs although I will have a few bites of dark choc later

Marniadec
01-29-2014, 12:30 AM
Posting quickly again because I went out, it was a friend's birthday and I'm drunk. I haven't gotten drunk since I drank five glasses of vodka, thinking it was water when I was 15. I was probably hammered after the first sip, so I couldn't tell.

Breakfast: Coffee.
Lunch: Avgolemono soup with chicken, salad, tirosalata.
Snack: Cheetos and greek candy bar-like thing. Of course.
Dinner: Mpifteki giaourtlou. It's a burger, tzatziki-like sauce, chopped tomatoes and onions, served on pita with friench fries. I only had half of it and some salad. I was doing pretty well. But then I also had a glass of white wine, a glass of rose wine, a shot of tsipouro (google says that it's a pomace brandy), three shots of rakomelo (hot raki, honey and cinnamon) and a tiny slice of *delicious* birthday cake which was inspired by a popular candy bar and accompanied by ice cream. So, I'm at 2600 calories. I'd be at 1600 calories if I didn't drink.

Edit: I didn't eat the soup, which I'd forgotten about. And the rakomelo does have 231 calories per cup but I had 3 tablespoons of it, not three glasses. So, I'm at 1732 calories because I had a second cup of coffee.

Diana3271
01-29-2014, 08:27 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! :snow4:

We still have power! :carrot: We probably won't open the shop today. We will try to go there to check on things, though.

Last night I added on: Unwinding Muscle Tension from AM PM Yoga for Beginners

Weigh In: 165.6
Up: .4

Have a great day!

IanG
01-29-2014, 11:18 AM
Tough evening last night. But managed to reinstall everything on my home laptop from scratch. I ran the battery too low, it tried to hibernate and would not reboot even with all the recovery options. It's back now. I hate the way computers do that every now and again. It ruins my day.

Down 1.6lbs today to 172lbs. Having a rough day at work. Argued with a senior colleague. Oops. Calories will be about 1800 for the day.

Breakfast
Fish oil 5 40 0 0
oats 3 150 4 27
milk 0 68 6 10
dried apricot 0 16 0 4
honey 0 21 0 6
Coffee 0 90 9 13
Smoked herring 20 217 25 0
Another coffee 0 90 9 13

Lunch
quails eggs 3 42 4 0
Vital choice canned sockeye 16 340 48 0
Cockles 1 50 8 4
Prawns 2 80 16 0
anchovies 2 65 10 0
Honey 0 64 0 17
Olives 2 30 0 2
Tomato 0 11 1 2
Mushroom 0 2 0 0
Red onion 0 8 0 2
Kidney beans 0 18 1 3
Spinach 0 4 0 1
Lentils 0 53 4 9
Kimchi 0 70 7 7

Beer 0 300 0 26
Total 54 1827 152 145
Weight 172

Fat 52 86
Calories 2408 2752
Protein 155 206
Carbs target 344 516
20% less calories to cut 1926

Exercise: Ran 5k before work. Will do 1 hour weight training before lunch.

traveling michele
01-29-2014, 11:21 AM
Posting quickly again because I went out, it was a friend's birthday and I'm drunk. I haven't gotten drunk since I drank five glasses of vodka, thinking it was water when I was 15. I was probably hammered after the first sip, so I couldn't tell.

Breakfast: Coffee.
Lunch: Avgolemono soup with chicken, salad, tirosalata.
Snack: Cheetos and greek candy bar-like thing. Of course.
Dinner: Mpifteki giaourtlou. It's a burger, tzatziki-like sauce, chopped tomatoes and onions, served on pita with friench fries. I only had half of it and some salad. I was doing pretty well. But then I also had a glass of white wine, a glass of rose wine, a shot of tsipouro (google says that it's a pomace brandy), three shots of rakomelo (hot raki, honey and cinnamon) and a tiny slice of *delicious* birthday cake which was inspired by a popular candy bar and accompanied by ice cream. So, I'm at 2600 calories. I'd be at 1600 calories if I didn't drink.

Edit: I didn't eat the soup, which I'd forgotten about. And the rakomelo does have 231 calories per cup but I had 3 tablespoons of it, not three glasses. So, I'm at 1732 calories because I had a second cup of coffee.

That's the most coherent "drunk" post I've ever read. For a moment when I read Mpitfeki giarourtiou I thought your drunk self had hit the wrong keys!:o You did great with the food all things considered!

I haven't posted in a few days. I started calorie counting on Saturday and saw an initial whoosh of 2 pounds but I've rebounded slightly since then. I'm trying to tell my tummy that I'm not really hungry as it gets used to fewer calories.

Weigh in today: 128.6 (down .2)

Breakfast: oatmeal with fruit (370 calories)

CoolMom75
01-29-2014, 12:28 PM
Up a smidge to 178.2. Yesterdays cals finished out at 1233.

Breakfast:
Egg on toast with
A sprinkle of feta
Siracha
Roasted root vegetable mix
Coffee with milk

Total so far 415

laciemn
01-29-2014, 02:04 PM
I weighed in and this time, I am legitimately excited! Classes were cancelled today, and thus my Calc test and Bio quiz will be put off until Monday. HAH!

Weight : 157.5 (-3.0 lbs)

Today, I had a large brunch and a cup of coffee.

2 poached eggs (180)
1 toast (70)
1 chicken sausage (90)
glass of Tampico (60)
:400

Radiojane
01-29-2014, 05:07 PM
missed checking in yesterday because i took a day off to put my house back together after renovating.

down 1.8 this morning

calories in today 618+ supper which will be around 500.

chicken breast
cheddar cheese
broccoli
hamburger patty
lettuce
onion
kale
mayo.

back to putting my house in order. have a great day everyone!

Syckgirlsfv
01-29-2014, 05:23 PM
hey all! missed yesterday, been so busy with trying to review/process/print and mail out over 2400 tax letters for our members! Thank God it's over! Now the phone calls will start coming in...LOL :rofl:

BTW it's still in the 70's here...been very warm. Supposed to cool off and go in to the 60's later this week. BRRRR :brr:

I've been feeling overwhelmed lately with all the stuff I have to do for school right now, so I took tomorrow off and I'm going to campus to work on a Quckbooks project. I'll finish it up easily and it's due tomorrow night. Got one CIS assignment done today and just have one more to do by Friday. Got this!
:book2:

YESTERDAY -
B - 0% greek yogurt/15 almonds/honey/pumpkin pie spice
L - salad: romaine, mushrooms, energy nut mix, light blue cheese
D - sirloin wrapped in a low carb high fiber wrap w/jarlsberg light and Grey Poupon
S - cheddar chipotle flavored pretzel chips
wine

TODAY -
B - 0% Greek Yogurt/15 almonds/honey/pumpkin pie spice
L - salad: romaine, mushrooms, energy nut mix, light blue cheese
D - will have: chicken cordon bleu, and zoodles sauteed in coconut oil
if snack I'll have an apple
I also bought a Duck Dynasty candy bar (chocolate) from the college bookstore yesterday but didn't open it -DH and I will have a little tonight. I always buy one when I go there to support them.
WINE :cheers:

alaskanlaughter
01-29-2014, 05:26 PM
does anyone else get an upset stomach during an intense TOM? typically now i get about 2 months at TOM time (one week off my BCP) with no bleeding etc (sorry TMI) and then i get the next month at TOM where it's very heavy, upset stomach, cramps, aching muscles, the whole works...and then it repeats with 2 months at TOM with nothing to show...i dont know if it's the BCPs, although I've switched a few times and it made no difference, or if it's the weight loss, or the exercise or what....

and my assistant manager is in the hospital with pneumonia :( i feel so bad for her

Lala165
01-29-2014, 05:44 PM
Hello everyone,
Today I felt on top of the world which is saying a lot because I am afraid of heights! But the fact I have been taking care of my health and have been exercising may be the reason. Today I actually shoveled the snow from my driveway instead of passing the responsibility to my son (he was happy)

E: shoveled snow plus
Launchpad series exercise episode 5 (30 mins)

water 16 oz

B: coffee with 2% milk x 2
1 cup of raisin bran, 1/2cup 2% milk , 1 apple with peanut butter

16 oz water

L: sauteed in lemon infused olive oil imitation crabmeat, onions, cucumbers, shredded cabbage with salt/pepper

D: grilled cheese on rye (2 slices of provolone) tastes like butter (70cal)
mixed spring mix salad with beets and homemade honey mustard dressing

alaskanlaughter
01-29-2014, 06:16 PM
i actually wrote out what i typically eat while i was on another thread so i thought i'd post it here because i never really do

8:30 a.m. - 2 fried eggs with a slice of cheese
10:30 a.m. - gym weight workout
11:30 a.m. - protein bar with low sugar and high protein
noon - tall skinny mocha with sugar free flavor
sometime in the afternoon i can choose between these that i have at work: cottage cheese, lettuce, tuna and mayo, dill pickles, greek yogurt, small piece chocolate...i choose what i want when i'm hungry and TRYYYYY not to eat anything that i'm serving to the kids because it's cr*p
7 p.m. - dinner for me is whatever meat i'm cooking for the family plus a steamer bag of veggies or sauteed cabbage...avoid the starches like the family's mashed potatoes or rice
evening - spoon of peanut butter OR a piece of dark chocolate...tea if i'm still super hungry

and some days after weight training, I AM SUPER HUNGRY grrrr

laciemn
01-29-2014, 08:44 PM
In addition to breakfast, I had:

Banana (110)
Peanut butter and banana sandwich (370)
Tuna with pickles and crackers (170)

: about 1100 cals. I might have a cookie later if I get hungry.

kelijpa
01-29-2014, 09:29 PM
Ooh, peanut butter and banana sandwich, might have to make one of those tomorrow...

Not sure what my weight is, I did happen upon a scale at work today, 163 right after eating, with clothes and shoes, so feel like I'm doing ok.

B- scrambled eggs w/salsa, banana
L- veggie wrap,wheat
S- orange
D- salad, lettuce, tomato, broccoli w/Caesar dressing, mixed vegetables with light ranch dressing (they had perogies that were dry and hard, proud of myself for not eating the thing after a taste) glass of white wine
S- light yogurt
E- 4.23 miles, 65 minutes treadmill

Hope everyone is doing well, heading home tomorrow, so might not get in exercise, we'll see.

Syckgirlsfv
01-29-2014, 09:47 PM
so I didn't get a chance to have a snack, apple remains on my desk at work! Cordon Bleus in the oven, just need to spiralize the zucchini (zoodles). I may snack Baconpop later if I get hungry, but I am having a piece of chocolate. Just a square ;)

DH and I did 6 reps of 20-25 squats at a rapid pace for 10 minutes...we almost have our weight set complete! Just waiting on the quarters :D

kelijpa
01-29-2014, 10:25 PM
Diana glad you didn't lose power! Stay safe and warm!

Diana3271
01-29-2014, 10:36 PM

I think our area fared very well with the ice/snow storm. We were blessed. Atlanta looked like a total nightmare! We never lost power and we didn't get snowed in. We went to the shop to check on things. We didn't leave the house until the afternoon, though. We still have some snow and icicles hanging everywhere. This weekend is suppose to be around 70*. How crazy is that?

HuggerBunny Hi :wave: I do feel better today, thank you. I think the day off helped, too.

CoolMom & Laciemn I am also a plate cleaner. That's how I was raised. I couldn't imagine leaving food on my plate unless it inedible. :lol:

Larry I missed eating my apple today, since I wasn't at work. That's where I keep them. Good job on your day and for seeking out the healthy alternatives.

Alaskanlaughter Sorry about the extra stress. Good job keeping the carbs in check. I don't get the upset stomach with TTOM. I just have severe cramps, moodiness and it's extremely heavy.

Marniadec Good job counting your calories and keeping track of your day.

Ian Good job with the computer stuff. I am not a techie. Unfortunately, I am the techie when it comes to our computers. :lol: Congrats on the 1.6 pounds.

Traveling Michele Good job with the .2.

Roadbikerchick Good job on your day and for maintaining.

Kelijpa Good job getting your exercise and for stacking on track while away. Have a safe trip back home.

Laciemn Great job on the 3 pounds! :carrot:

Radiojane I know you will enjoy your house and renovations once you get everything sorted out. It's all a lot of work.

Syckfirlsfv Sending you good luck with your school work. You can do it!

Lala Congrats on your NSV! :carrot: Those are the things that make weight loss so rewarding. It's great to be able to get into cute clothes, but when the weight loss improves your daily life it is just awesome! :bravo:

Diana3271
01-29-2014, 10:41 PM
Total Approx 1370 calories + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
Roasted cauliflower 150 calories
Toasted English muffin topped w/cinnamon, pumpkin butter, and ricotta cheese 225 calories

Dinner (600 calories)
Broiled salmon filet 200 calories
Asparagus 100 calories
English muffin topped w/cinnamon, pumpkin butter, and ricotta cheese (more ricotta than earlier) 300 calories

Exercise:
TF Fire 55 EZ w/#1 hand weights
TJ 20 Minute Workout w/#1 hand weights

roadbikerchick
01-29-2014, 11:13 PM
Hi everyone!

I only have time for a quick check-in. Weight is up by .2 to 156.6. Total calories were 1865 for today. I did an indoor bike ride that burned about 400 calories. So a good day for me.

I hope everyone is having a good day. I hope to post a longer post tomorrow.

PS: I just heard that South Carolina has declared a state of emergency. Diana3271, I hope you're keeping safe and warm.

CoolMom75
01-30-2014, 12:14 AM
Finished off the day great with just under 1200. Stupid LoseIt says my cals should be 1117...at my weight?? I guess I'm going to be seeing a little red on my chart each day from here on out because that is just too few calories.

Lunch:
15 bean and sausage soup
Cod liver oil

Dinner:
Two protein pancakes
2 bacon
Applesauce
Hardy greens mix, wilted

Diana3271
01-30-2014, 08:22 AM

Last night I added on: Short Rest from AM PM Yoga for Beginners

The last few days, I can tell my edema is flaring a little more than normal. I held steady with my weight this morning, so that's a good thing.

Calories for yesterday: 1370 + :coffee:
Weigh In: 165.6
No Change

roadbikerchick My immediate area seems OK. I think everything is on a delayed opening. Schools are closed for another day.

Coolmom I would definitely keep the calories a little higher than the Lose it site says. Keep up the great work!

Have a great day!

traveling michele
01-30-2014, 11:26 AM
Cool mom-- are you using the Lose it app/website? I just started using it on Saturday. How long have you been using it? Have you had good results? Any tips for a beginner? I'm liking it so far!
It says I'm supposed to eat 1530 calories a day but I'm not eating near that. I'm eating closer to 1300 plus I'm exercising and I'm not adding those calories back.

My weight is down another .2 back to my low on Sunday of 128.4. Saturday is going to be a big challenge for me and I'm afraid any losses I make this week will be wiped out then. I'm taking my dh to Napa and we are doing a Foodie walking tour where we get to sample things at each restaurant. Sounds yummy and I don't want to be a weirdo and not try things-- it's for his birthday. So.... my thought is that I'll try not to be a pig and eat everything! If I don't like something, I won't eat it, or I'll just take a nibble. I also plan on bringing a big water with me to drink.

IanG
01-30-2014, 11:43 AM
Up 0.8lbs today to 172.8lbs.

Had a hard time working out today at my first work out. I just seemed low on energy. So I have had a snack before my lunch time run (a tin of shrimp). I hope that will keep me going even though it is extra calories. Calories will be about 1900 today.

Breakfast
Fish oil 5 40 0 0
oats 3 150 4 27
milk 0 68 6 10
dried apricot 0 16 0 4
honey 0 21 0 6
Coffee 0 90 9 13
Polar Kippers 12 162 14 0
Another coffee 0 90 9 13

Lunch
quails eggs 3 42 4 0
Skipanon Smoked steelhead 21 315 36 6
crab 1 120 26 0
Clams in water 1 67 12 0
Prawns 2 80 16 0
anchovies 2 65 10 0
Honey 0 64 0 17
Olives 2 30 0 2
Tomato 0 11 1 2
Mushroom 0 2 0 0
Red onion 0 8 0 2
Kidney beans 0 18 1 3
Spinach 0 4 0 1
Lentils 0 53 4 9
Kimchi 0 70 7 7

Beer 0 300 0 26
Total 51 1884 159 147
Weight 172.8

Fat 52 86
Calories 2419 2765
Protein 156 207
Carbs target 346 518
Fat based on 20-30% caloric intake 42 63
20% less calories to cut 1935

Exercise: Did 1 hour boxing before work. Will try to run 10K before lunch.

alaskanlaughter
01-30-2014, 12:21 PM
i am exhausted and frustrated :( we are low on food, we are low on money, my car is in for repairs that we can't afford and bills are high....this WAS NOT happening before all these other people started living with us....*sigh* my house is a constant wreck, not because they are out to make a mess but simply because no one picks up anything....they cook all day long and leave the kitchen a mess that DH tries to clean before i get home from work :( their bedroom is a mess because they won't pick up anything properly....they use up things and don't replace the food and don't tell me we are out of it...i go to cook something or DH goes to make something and it's just GONE, every last bit of it....i've had to designate one drawer in the refrigerator for my two sons' school lunches or they will eat every single convenient food and leave none for them...yogurts, applesauce, lunchables, anything convenient.....i bought TWO entire things of bread from costco on saturday...it's thursday morning and every single slice is gone...no sandwiches in the school lunches now :( i bought an entire thing of Costco oranges, every single one gone....no fruit for school lunches now :(....i actually HID the last slices of bread so my teenager could have a sandwich...several weeks ago i bought a big jar of pickles so i could take some to work....bought on saturday, entire jar gone by monday, none for my lunches...so this weekend all the food i bought for work, i took straight to work and put away....

yesterday my little son left his blue sweater on the couch that he wears every day...today it's missing and i can't find it anywhere....last night the dog peed in the hallway....this morning ALL of the mop pads (swiffer-type) that i use to clean are gone....i dont' know HOW they could be gone, as no one else cleans anything but they are missing and now I had to leave the house with wet dog pee in the hall....

i don't know if it's sheer laziness or what...but i REFUSE to follow around grown kids and tell them every single thing they need to do....i try on the weekends but I have to follow them constantly and make sure they're doing it or they'll literally just sit down in their room and stare at it instead of cleaning it...

ughhhh i'm just exhausted and broke and don't have the time to keep doing this, running to the store because they used up stuff and didn't replace it or tell me etc....

Syckgirlsfv
01-30-2014, 12:54 PM
Alaskanlaughter I'm sorry you're dealing with this! That totally SUCKS. Have you told them this is not acceptable? They sound very unappreciative and entitlement minded.

I'm home today so that I can go to the college and work on a project using Quickbooks on the campus computers...just had coffee so far :p

Got to sleep in until 8:00 which is always PROPER :dizzy::dizzy::dizzy:

It's finally cooling down here, for today anyway...the high will be 63 and it's a bit cloudy. Everyone have a nice day! I don't know what I am going to eat yet!