Old 12-28-2013, 05:18 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 190/162/140

Height: 5'5

Default Struggling...need help

So I made it through the holidays-Halloween, thanksgiving, Christmas staying 100% on program. Now I can think about is cheating. I've gone from 190lbs to 155 and feel great! I'm just tired of phase 1 and all the restrictions. I still have about 6-8 lbs that I want to loose. I'm not sure what to do. Help me, I don't want to gain this weight back! I've worked too hard and spent way too much money!
Coreyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 06:30 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 206/201/145

Height: 5'9

Hello!

I'm far from an expert on this but it may make sense for you to phase out to maintenance to give yourself a mental break.

That way you won't break down, binge and go off plan altogether. If you phase out you shouldn't gain anything back (except the 2 - 5lbs for glycogen storage) and then when you are ready to dive back into Phase 1 you can knock off those last few lbs easily with renewed gusto!
Sashadee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 06:43 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 190/137.5/140

Height: 5-4

Actually, the last couple of days I have been struggling and I have been strong since October. This morning I bagged up all the goodies that have been sitting around, so they are not as available and not seen. I went shopping and tried on clothes in the size I want to get to to see how much more I need to go, and it is not far, so encouraging. If I were you I would stick to it. 6-8 pounds is not too much longer, and then you can phase off and do maintenance. You can do this!
drd1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 07:23 PM   #4  
Started IP May 17, 2013

S/C/G: 287/179/150

Height: 5'7.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sashadee View Post
Hello!

I'm far from an expert on this but it may make sense for you to phase out to maintenance to give yourself a mental break.

That way you won't break down, binge and go off plan altogether. If you phase out you shouldn't gain anything back (except the 2 - 5lbs for glycogen storage) and then when you are ready to dive back into Phase 1 you can knock off those last few lbs easily with renewed gusto!
I think this is good advice. I was struggling and starting to fear 'diet burn out' so I decided to phase off with the idea in mind that I'd give my body a rest and come back to phase 1 eventually.

Turns out just moving to phase 2 did the trick. I've started to lose again. With the ok from my coach, I'll stay parked in Phase 2 for the next while.
Annik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 07:23 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sashadee View Post
Hello!

Thanks so much for taking the time to respond to me! I really appreciate it!
Old 12-28-2013, 07:26 PM   #6  
Taking it day by day!

S/C/G: 185/176/145

Height: 5'5"

Don't do it!!! It's not worth it to cheat. I have been completely honest and 100% since the middle of August and have lost 35lbs. I went through Thanksgiving completely OP and then something happened this past week. I have been struggling with feelings of boredom and not wanting to eat out of silver packages anymore. I was feeling uninspired although, I wanted to stay committed until I hit my goal (15 more lbs).

Well.. I fell off the IP wagon on Dec23 -Dec25 and rebooted on Dec26. For me, this is what I needed to have a more vivid picture of my goals and what I want. For anyone else, I would say, hold off until you reach goal and phase off properly. All this food will be there whenever you want it. To be honest, the sugar made me feel gnarly and sick to my stomach. I'm disappointed in myself although, I have learned to forgive and move forward. I too, have spent way too many $'s and I felt like I just set myself back. It's not worth it, take it from me. Stay focused on your goals and remember, one day at a time!
KareVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 07:27 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by drd1961 View Post
Actually, the last couple of days I have been struggling and I have been strong since October. This morning I bagged up all the goodies that have been sitting around, so they are not as available and not seen. I went shopping and tried on clothes in the size I want to get to to see how much more I need to go, and it is not far, so encouraging. If I were you I would stick to it. 6-8 pounds is not too much longer, and then you can phase off and do maintenance. You can do this!
Thanks for the advice! I am going to pull out some of my skinny clothes and remind myself why I'm doing this. You are right not too much more to go! Once I loose these 6-8 pounds I'll go to phase 2. Thanks again for taking the time to support me!
Old 12-28-2013, 07:31 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by KareVT View Post
Don't do it!!! It's not worth it to cheat. I have been completely honest and 100% since the middle of August and have lost 35lbs. I went through Thanksgiving completely OP and then something happened this past week. I have been struggling with feelings of boredom and not wanting to eat out of silver packages anymore. I was feeling uninspired although, I wanted to stay committed until I hit my goal (15 more lbs).

Well.. I fell off the IP wagon on Dec23 -Dec25 and rebooted on Dec26. For me, this is what I needed to have a more vivid picture of my goals and what I want. For anyone else, I would say, hold off until you reach goal and phase off properly. All this food will be there whenever you want it. To be honest, the sugar made me feel gnarly and sick to my stomach. I'm disappointed in myself although, I have learned to forgive and move forward. I too, have spent way too many $'s and I felt like I just set myself back. It's not worth it, take it from me. Stay focused on your goals and remember, one day at a time!
Thanks for the post! It's comforting to know that I'm not alone! You are right- one day at a time. I am going to continue and resist these urges! Thanks for taking the time to reply! I really appreciate the advice and support!
Old 12-28-2013, 07:43 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 190/137.5/140

Height: 5-4

YAY!! Looking forward to the day soon that you tell us you made your goal!
drd1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 08:09 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 235.6/210/160

Height: 5' 2.5"

I think it is normal to have struggles, come here and get support. Have you tried switching up your veggies? For me eating the same thing all the time can get boring and that is when I look for other things to put in my mouth. Just a thought. You are sooooo close, you can be at goal in a less then a month!!! Good luck!
want2bskinnyagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 08:16 PM   #11  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by want2bskinnyagain View Post
I think it is normal to have struggles, come here and get support. Have you tried switching up your veggies? For me eating the same thing all the time can get boring and that is when I look for other things to put in my mouth. Just a thought. You are sooooo close, you can be at goal in a less then a month!!! Good luck!
Have you looked at the recipe threads and tried some new recipes? Getting bored is certainly something that can make you lose your momentum. And I agree - you are so close to your goal, don't give up now!
Ruth Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 08:56 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 206/201/145

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coreyle View Post
Thanks so much for taking the time to respond to me! I really appreciate it!
No problem!
Sashadee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 10:10 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 153.8/142/120

Height: 5'0"

I just began my restart today. I didn't phase off properly, so it was just too easy to fall back into old habits. One thing I learned that I am definitely planning for now is to have variety and to make sure that I have special treats that are OP. I just placed a Nashua order and made sure I had all of my cravings covered, so when the munchies hit I'll be ready.
Hang in there! The last few pounds are the most difficult, but you can definitely do it.
Sansfilter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 08:03 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 160/tracker/125

Height: 5'2"

I also have days when I truly struggle. This weekend wy DH and DS went skiing and I was home alone. Boy, those cravings came back But I tried to much on boiled eggs and pickles, one extra packet, brew some fresh coffee. it was extra, but I was within ketosis. next morning I woke up, cravings were completely gone, I was ready for the OP day.
masenki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 09:04 PM   #15  

I have been struggling the last few months and with Christmas I'm up 8 pounds. I'm so disappointed with myself! I know I can get it back but still... I was trying to phase off to avoid burnout and my coach wouldn't let me. I am really struggling with my reboot too.
Smooshie76 is offline   Reply With Quote