Looking Good, Feeling Great - So...what do you NEVER want to wear again?

pixelllate
12-27-2013, 12:58 PM
The earlier post about "goal weight clothes" inspired me. :lol:
Any fat or in-between weight clothes you never want to touch again (once you no longer need them)?

Mine are...safety pins. I've had lots of financial issues/major scares (low salary, NYC), and watch every dollar. Hate spending on "interim-weight clothes" but once I get past the 50 lb mark...its inevitable. I also use safety pins as I continue to lose to hold my pants to my shirt and when I use the bathroom, I have to undo the pins and THEN go and put them back on again. Oh geez, I'm blushing as I write this.

Sports bras - they are the cheapest comfiest way "intimate wear" that I can wear as long as I am 20-30 lbs range. A cheaper improperly fitting regular bra is a huge no-no, and my old "goal weight bras" are collecting dust in the closet. Can't wait to pull those out.

PJs - I had pretty cute PJs, but I had regained so much weight, who knew - former "loose PJs" would no longer even go up my thigh. I just stick with my OK ones for now.

Ultra-Control to the MAX control top tights - I haven't bothered to try those on in awhile no matter what size I'm at - and I don't mind "light control" but the super powerful ones make me feel like a sausage! :D

Also, the SPACE that "in between weight" clothes take up in my tiny standing closet! I can't wait to redump these clothes and finally get more room.

shr1nk1ngme
12-27-2013, 01:58 PM
Wearing panty hose under my pants even on blistering hot summer days to hold my thigh fat in? Yeah, I won't be missing that.

Tunics! That is to say, I like wearing tunics but I hate the fact that I HAVE to wear them. Someday I will be able to wear a tunic because I chose to and not because I had no choice.

Heels! Weirdly (most overweight people look forward to wearing heels) I have forced myself to wear super high heels because it makes me look taller, and thus, skinnier (a trick I learned from another overweight girlfriend of mine who always looks fabulous even though she is the same height/weight as me). Again, I will still wear them sometimes, but I will also look awesome in flats/low heels. So I won't HAVE to wear 6" platform heels to look 20 pounds lighter.

Super-reinforced, mega-support underwire bras with five hooks in the back and two inch wide shoulder straps. I will always need a little extra support because even at a normal weight I am bustier than many women. But I will not need the uber bra any more.

Dottington
12-27-2013, 02:14 PM
shr1nk1ngme omg I can totally relate to most of yours haha! I always wore heels to help me look slimmer. People would always ask why I had to wear heels all the time and couldn't just wear flats and I was always too ashamed to tell them the truth :o I'm finally starting to feel ok enough with my body to not always wear heels, but I'd really love to be able to put on jeans and a pair of flats and feel confident.

Constantly wearing tights/panty hose to make my chubby legs look better. I will be so happy to no longer always be searching for a pair of tights that don't have a run in them :dizzy:

This one is weird, but kind of goes with the heels one. I always dress up a lot to "make up" for being heavy. I know its strange, but I always am overdressed. People think I'm really into fashion, but really I don't feel secure enough to get away with wearing jeans and t-shirt(I don't even own a t-shirt...). I've started to dress down a little(but it's still pretty dressed up for most people) on the weekends. Idk, I would love to be able to not wake up at 5:30 to get super fancy just to go to class :p

thewalrus0
12-27-2013, 02:21 PM
Ok well I really hate my arms so if a shirt has shorter sleeves and shows the backs of my elbow I will wear an overshirt/jacket type deal even if it's hot out to cover my arms. I'm excited to just wear a t-shirt by itself or a shorter sleeved blouse.

I also avoid skirts and dresses because my legs are the biggest part of me, as I'm pear shaped, and so I often pass on cute dresses because I don't want to show my legs.

I also sweat quite a bit and I know some of it is just genetics. I mean, I don't sweat profusely everywhere, just my armpits, which is normal, I know, but I sweat when I go anywhere to do anything, even if it's not strenuous. I'm just hoping at a more normal weight with some cardio and muscle strength that maybe my sweating will be less pronounced and I can actually wear COLORS in my shirts instead of just black or a black jacket because I'm hiding my armpits that might show a sweat stain.

I like wearing black sometimes but I don't want to be forced to do it. :(

Riddy
12-28-2013, 09:24 AM
I was very excited the day I took the last batch of clothes to the consignment store that were from Lane Bryant. I never want to see one of their tags in my clothes again!

sheramama
12-28-2013, 12:07 PM
Anything oversized. Which is what I turned back to once I gained weight again. It was my fall back. My family has been begging me to get rid of my huge pj pants.

Melonlefey
12-28-2013, 11:31 PM
At the end of my first year at college there was a donations truck outside the dorms that I went and donated all of my "fat" clothes to. Lots of oversized printed Ts and baggy jeans. So I agree with sheramama, I'm done wearing oversized clothes.

Jacqui_D
12-29-2013, 10:59 AM
Men's t-shirts, which are not tapered at the waist to hide my belly and have longer sleeves to hide my upper arms. I am finally starting to wear women's t-shirts again and I eventually want to rid my wardrobe of men's t-shirts completely.

happybug
12-31-2013, 02:28 AM
Fat tops, those flowy blouses that I wore to try to hide my fat stomach.

pixelllate
12-31-2013, 10:00 AM

LMAO the dreaded KAFTAN top! I had a top like that until I saw a coworker wear the same thing...but for maternity wear - after several months into pregnancy. It's been collecting dust ever since...I just couldn't put it on hahahah

shr1nk1ngme
12-31-2013, 12:14 PM
LMAO the dreaded KAFTAN top! I had a top like that until I saw a coworker wear the same thing...but for maternity wear - after several months into pregnancy. It's been collecting dust ever since...I just couldn't put it on hahahah

You just reminded me: maternity wear! Surely I am NOT the only 3fc-er who sometimes shops in the maternity section and then cuts off the tags so DH won't see? I like maternity styles not because they are bigger around the middle (in fact these days they make them really clingy around the middle to show off the baby belly). Instead I like them because I like tunic length tops (tees, sweaters, tanks) but I don't like them to be too tunic-y. ...Just long enough to cover up the crotch area of my jeans and not ride up. I can only find long length tops in maternity these days, since they make the torso so much longer. Wider is helpful too but, ironically, that is hard to find in maternity wear these days. Really looking forward to not needing to do this any more...

ReillyJ
01-01-2014, 04:59 AM
i never want to wear the "X" sizes again!

Finch13
01-01-2014, 07:28 AM
No more daggy track pants and fat day man t-shirts!!

JenteIsving
01-02-2014, 06:10 AM
Tunics! That is to say, I like wearing tunics but I hate the fact that I HAVE to wear them. Someday I will be able to wear a tunic because I chose to and not because I had no choice.

^ This.

Also, I never want to wear jeans with holes in them again - holes in that area where my thighs used to oh so elegantly rub together ;)
On the same note, I never want to have to wear some sort of shorts (you know, the kind that others wear to the gym... :o ) under my skirts again because otherwise the dreaded chub rub will probably set my legs on fire or something.
Man, I can't even put into words how happy I am that those days seem to be gone! Hopefully for good. :^:

levoguette
01-02-2014, 06:39 AM
Ok well I really hate my arms so if a shirt has shorter sleeves and shows the backs of my elbow I will wear an overshirt/jacket type deal even if it's hot out to cover my arms. I'm excited to just wear a t-shirt by itself or a shorter sleeved blouse.

I also avoid skirts and dresses because my legs are the biggest part of me, as I'm pear shaped, and so I often pass on cute dresses because I don't want to show my legs.

This is exactly like me!! I hate feeling like I have to cover up my legs and I hate wearing pants to events I SHOULD have worn a skirt of dress to. I also won't wear shorts or capris because of the same reason. The only thing I wear is long pants.
I hate to admit this, but it makes me so sad inside to see someone who is overweight with great legs to show off. I'm sure I would look and feel all sexy and leggy and so much more feminine if I didn't have my dreaded "thunder thighs" (and calves) to constantly hide. :(

I always feel like I have to wear separates because of my horrible muffin top. It's not induced by wearing pants, I just permanently have a muffin top, no matter what I wear. If I wear a dress, I have this sort of indentation between my muffin top my waist and my lower stomach that looks terrible! In addition to wearing sweaters to cover up my arms, I also wear them to hide the same muffin top.

fincafrin
01-02-2014, 06:42 AM
Fat Clothes Never again !!!!

Track suit bottoms sweat shirts and elasticated waists ..yuk

and big coats and blouson jackets ...

When i am at goal weight never ever again

kimchi
01-04-2014, 10:24 PM
The one pair of work pants and pair of casual jeans I've been wearing for the past three months because NONE OF MY OLD PANTS FIT. :(

Elladorine
01-05-2014, 01:48 PM
Elastic-waisted jeans.

Fat Knickers
01-05-2014, 04:13 PM
Fat knickers :D

TooWicky
01-05-2014, 07:41 PM
Apple shape here... I will not miss all the empire waist tops I have had to wear for almost 15 years!! They kind of remind me of maternity wear, but then again, that's kind of like what my apple shape resembled.

Diamondonalandmine
01-05-2014, 08:36 PM
Yes, no more big girl clothes or X sizes or only stuff from +size stores.
Or big mom jeans that hit just under the ribcage:( cant hide how high they go and I was always scared thinking "OH gawd, can everyone see my jeans hit the middle of my back???"

JennyT
01-05-2014, 09:53 PM
I want to wear layering tops because they are trendy, not to cover up a potential butt crack incident when I bend over!! Capri pants because I want to - not because I am embarrassed to wear shorts.. Also the army issue bras, heavy duty straps and hooks....bring on the cute bras!!

watchoutforthatcar
01-06-2014, 04:52 PM
Anything from Lane Bryant. Their clothes are over priced and yuck. Just with getting down into the 200s it's becoming increasingly easier to find clothes that I actually want to wear vs. what I have to wear. I never want to go in a store again and think to myself that I have to get this specific shirt because it fits.

Lunula
01-09-2014, 06:01 PM
I never want to go in a store again and think to myself that I have to get this specific shirt because it fits.
This.

Seriously, my entire wardrobe used to be necessity, not because I liked any of it. Did it "fit" (at least my definition of fit) and was it "not atrocious?" Those were my only deciding factors. NEVER want to go there again.

Munchy
01-10-2014, 08:15 AM
shr1nk1ngme omg I can totally relate to most of yours haha! I always wore heels to help me look slimmer. People would always ask why I had to wear heels all the time and couldn't just wear flats and I was always too ashamed to tell them the truth :o I'm finally starting to feel ok enough with my body to not always wear heels, but I'd really love to be able to put on jeans and a pair of flats and feel confident.

Constantly wearing tights/panty hose to make my chubby legs look better. I will be so happy to no longer always be searching for a pair of tights that don't have a run in them :dizzy:

This one is weird, but kind of goes with the heels one. I always dress up a lot to "make up" for being heavy. I know its strange, but I always am overdressed. People think I'm really into fashion, but really I don't feel secure enough to get away with wearing jeans and t-shirt(I don't even own a t-shirt...). I've started to dress down a little(but it's still pretty dressed up for most people) on the weekends. Idk, I would love to be able to not wake up at 5:30 to get super fancy just to go to class :p

This is me! I remember the one time I was pretty fit and I rocked jeans and fitted tees.

Roo2
01-10-2014, 08:19 AM
My hubby's sweatpants

Silverfire
01-10-2014, 09:35 AM
My goal is to never again wear anything with an X in front of it. (XS will never happen in a bajillion years so no worries there ;) )

watchoutforthatcar
01-10-2014, 10:34 AM
Silverfire that's a good one! I just want to get out of the plus size section of stores period. People always compliment on how I dress because I actually make an effort and I do find cute clothes, but I want a bigger variety of places to shop and things to buy.

pixelllate
01-10-2014, 11:36 AM

AHHH this is what I do with a dreaded color...Fuchsia. I'm not really into jewel tones, but I wear them because they are a distraction. With my hair/skin type, magenta/fuchsia is the txtbook "most flattering" bright color, but I don't like the color at all.

Silverfire
01-10-2014, 11:44 AM
Silverfire that's a good one! I just want to get out of the plus size section of stores period. People always compliment on how I dress because I actually make an effort and I do find cute clothes, but I want a bigger variety of places to shop and things to buy.
Agreed!!! Plus size shopping can be fairly limiting not to mention EXPENSIVE (at least where I am!) I want to be able to shop (in-store) at old navy and buy 7 dollar tees and the like!

All4Me&You&Our3
01-14-2014, 05:38 PM
No more plus sizes!

grinchygirl
01-14-2014, 08:12 PM
Bras larger than an F cup....also Bra extenders!

I don't think I'll ever be smaller than a DD....but I'd like to get down to almost department store!

Munchy
01-15-2014, 10:30 AM
Bras larger than an F cup....also Bra extenders!

I don't think I'll ever be smaller than a DD....but I'd like to get down to almost department store!

You may still have the same problem in the future :( I wear a 32DDD and it's really hard to find in the stores. I pretty much have to go to Nordstrom ($$$$$$) and then try to order the same brand/style online - it's such a pain.

HelloNurse
01-19-2014, 03:03 PM
A tankini. I want be confident in a beautiful, body conscious one piece!

I am not a bikini girl, I like to play rough in the water and I was never an hourglass, so I looked better in a racer back that emphasizes my strong and shapely shoulders, preferably with higher cut leg holes to emphasize how long my legs are for my height. A skirt-bottomed tankini has no resemblance whatsoever to my favorite swimsuits, and it is just like hanging a sign on your back that screams "I HATE MY BODY!" to the world.

Paulitens
01-20-2014, 11:08 PM
I want to ditch:
A) Loose tops. I have resorted to loose tops because I carry most of my weight there and I don't like all the bulging. Well, lo and behold, loose tops hide the bulges but don't make my top look any slimmer. I don't like wearing loose tops and I'll ditch them as soon as my tummy is gone.
B) Bras that can fit the groceries for the whole month in them. LOL. As I said, I carry most of my weight on my top, which includes the boobage, hahaha! Seriously, it's like all my weight goes there, to my belly, my back, and my double chin. What the heck, Mother Nature!? So... yeah... losing that weight "there" will be priceless. :)

LadyPetite
02-17-2014, 04:23 PM
Oversized stuff... sweatpants in public (except for emergencies, right now, it's the only thing I feel comfortable wearing). What fits right now are stuff that's 2X in shirts, but since I'm so short, it looks just awful on me.

monmis12
02-18-2014, 08:40 AM
At my highest in college, I had very few clothes that fit. I was at college in a small town and with no car. If I was to go shopping for more clothes, It would have been at least a few hour drive.... So, I had maybe 4-5 pairs of pants with only 1 pair fitting and the rest being a few size smaller. They were jeans and kinda a dyed green jean. Very obvious and distinct. Anyways, I know it must have been obvious I wore the same clothes over and over again:(

I really wished I had kept some of my biggest clothes. I did keep some khakis that I student taught in. Size 26/28 pants... I wear a 10/12. I would love to have kept this shirt that was totally not my style but there were not many choices. It had a built in necklace. I hated it the whole time I wore it.

My style is classic/basic... Dark colored dress pants. Solid color sweaters or argyle sweaters. Boat neck cut shirts, striped shirts, etc... When I was at my biggest, I was at the mercy of what fit!

thisisart
02-18-2014, 08:55 AM
^
Also, I never want to wear jeans with holes in them again - holes in that area where my thighs used to oh so elegantly rub together

I totally agree with this! My goal outfit is jeans and a t-shirt, but I am so sick of all of the pairs of pants I have with thigh rub holes.

thirti4thirty
02-18-2014, 09:03 AM
NONE OF MY CURRENT CLOTHES! The mere sight of them reminds me of how big I am. I mean come on. I love dresses. I remove them and then ask myself: Do I actually FILL that dress? The answer is obvious. They,re even tight most of the time. Then I get traumatized.
I've not always been big. As a child I was bony and tiny. Somehow. having outfits that are small and "narrow" stayed in my mental perception as "my clothes". I can't wait till the day I'll wear "normal" size clothes again. I just can't.

vealcalf2000
02-18-2014, 09:10 AM
Men's clothing. I often shop for shirts in the men's section because I'm tall, have a large belly, and men's shirts are longer and cover that area. LOL let's just ignore the fact that those rounded necks are constructed for a man's neck and chest (not a woman's) and that is super unflattering! Let's also ignore the fact that boxy style does nothing for my curves and makes me look larger than I am! I can't wait to shed that wooby!

bubblybee
02-18-2014, 09:42 PM
I think I'd be happy to just not feel like I have to wear all my clothing super baggy. I know I'm making myself look even larger than I am, that's been pointed out to me dozens of times. But I feel so self-conscious and fidgety in anything remotely close to my size and/or tailored. I'd honestly rather look a little worse but feel better than look a little better but feel so anxious!

projectjudi
03-12-2014, 12:06 AM
What Bee said

Miss V
03-12-2014, 12:35 AM
Most of mine have already been said, but mainly anything from the (limited) plus size sections. Oh! And granny panties!! I want to wear cute panties and not have to worry about weird panty lines.

Waterbunny77
03-12-2014, 10:36 PM
Size 18 jeans, which I'm currently wearing now :^:

Girl4him
03-13-2014, 12:08 AM
Having lost 55 pounds, I no longer wear the men's tee shirts!! so unflattering! I am able to wear a regular xlarge (ladies). Makes me content for now, till more weight comes off. Never will wear a xs! but don't want to wear any x sizes once I get to goal. I've gone from a size 22 to 16. finally got into some of my old pretty but smaller bras! feeling like a woman now. taking it one day at a time!

TamTam
03-22-2014, 02:14 PM
Absolutely NOTHING with an "X" in the size!!! :(

mam1958
03-22-2014, 11:39 PM
No more men's t-shirts. Elastic waist pants.

I also have this shirt we call the button shirt (niece 2 yrs at the time named it) that I have worn for over 8 years. So over wearing it but it is very warm and so comfortable.

When I hit my goal I will burn it.....

ghost
03-30-2014, 09:21 PM
Hoodies. I wear them every single day to hide my belly and muffin top. I will have a hoodie bonfire some day.

Chubbie Chick
04-10-2014, 12:33 AM
I don't ever want to wear the clothes it seems I have been wearing FOREVER because I don't want to buy new clothes "until I lose this weight."

TirAsleen
04-10-2014, 12:49 AM
No XL or paddle pushers.

SunnyMathChick
04-19-2014, 06:09 PM
I want to stop wearing clothes that are too tight.

I want to be done with layering, not for fashion, but to conceal bulges.

stunningsparkle
04-24-2014, 02:22 PM
Wearing panty hose under my pants even on blistering hot summer days to hold my thigh fat in? Yeah, I won't be missing that.

THIS! I wear those stupid shape things under my dresses. My belly is just a little bit bigger than my boobs, firm, and rounded. AKA I look preggo even though I'm not. The "squisher" flattens it out so I can just look fat and not pregnant

TheSatinPumpkin
04-24-2014, 05:26 PM
no more being restricted to my old 6-7xl sweatpants that was my only piece of casual wear.

Sorrow
04-24-2014, 06:15 PM
those horribly stretchbanded jeans. never again!

angie828
04-26-2014, 01:22 PM
I have never worn elastic jeans and would never allow myself to wear them. I just see them as fat jeans and can not handle it.

Sum38
04-26-2014, 01:27 PM

^^^^
This.

I looked preggo :(

littleflip66
05-08-2014, 01:59 AM
It's been said, but I never want to wear anything with "X" in the size ever, ever again.

Except for my Derek Jeter jersey. It doesn't matter that it's an XL, I'll wear it for the rest of my days.

sonickel77
06-02-2014, 09:09 AM
size 18 and 20 black tracksuit pants.
I've been wearing them almost everyday for the past 2 years because nothing else will fit.....

Brandnewday
06-06-2014, 01:16 PM
My black clothes, period! I wear mostly black because it's "slimming" ha ha ha. I would love to shop in the non-plus sized departments and choose the lovely colors that I love but don't have the confidence to wear.

While I love the comfort, I want to ditch yoga pants as my all-purpose wear.

Lecomtes
06-06-2014, 03:41 PM
While I love the comfort, I want to ditch yoga pants as my all-purpose wear.

Yup, me too, me too.

sonickel77
06-22-2014, 06:02 AM
also, my men's size 2XL black hoodies, one with space invaders all over the front of it.

When I'm thin, I'll get a fitted ladies Tshirt with space invaders on it instead. :)

Claygirl1518
07-07-2014, 11:29 AM
I never want to wear my plus size clothes again. I just recently got out of them (now in 16s) I also never want to wear things with an x in them again! (still in those)

Mostly though, I want to wear all the beautiful clothes I have that don't fit! I have nice things, and it makes me sad to see them just hanging there. Yesterday I took out all the clothes that are too small, put them in the guest room closet, and put in nice things that do fit me right now. I find that it helps me with my motivation to feel good about what I put on my body, and wear things that fit. When I wear something too tight the "why bother" voice wakes up and talks to me. So, I wear what fits, until it doesn't! Hopefully I will be out of the 16s in a couple months.

Marina Brasil
07-29-2014, 10:05 PM
What a great thread!

Never want to wear again:

- Huuuuuge shapelles dresses - I use dresses because they fit my weird belly and pants don't. People have asked me if i wear dresses all the time because of religious reasons and that scared the s*** out of me because i'm not a tradicional or really religious person nor my religion requires me to use dresses all the time (and if it didn't i wouldn't). I'm actually a pretty open minded and polemic person, so it's shocking that some people view me as traditional because of my baggy dresses!

- Huuuge awful bras - It doesn't matter how much i spend, i can never get a bra that feels comfortable and looks flattering. Heck, if it kinda fits, i'll buy it! Currently, all my bras hate me!

- Shoes that are one size bigger than the lenght of my feet - Fat feet. Need to say more?

- Granny panties - I've just bought some cool XL panties, so i might be getting rid of the granny ones after all!

- Strange party dresses - Why is it that formal dresses in plus sizes are frequently hideous? I hate not beeing able to get a nice formal party dress to attend weddings.

What i long to buy are jeans, trousers and nice tailored blazers. My body now has a strange shape that makes it almost impossible for me to use pants.... and i miss pants soooooo much!

milliej
08-08-2014, 02:20 PM
I was very excited the day I took the last batch of clothes to the consignment store that were from Lane Bryant. I never want to see one of their tags in my clothes again!

I agree I agree I agree. I have stopped shopping there but this have clothes from there. Never want to "have" to shop there again

skittlesfirehawk
08-08-2014, 04:32 PM
never again plus size.I never want to walk into a store and go oh nothing here will fit me.

ReillyJ
08-08-2014, 04:41 PM
3x. never again

BamaGalRN
08-08-2014, 05:00 PM
I always joke that in the "women's" size clothes the "w" stands for wide. LOL I never wanna wear a 14-16-18 WIDE again! My huge goal is to be able to order my critical care scrubs with out the X's. My scrubs from 1st semester are 2X's. I would love to graduate just in a large!

MaryBB
08-17-2014, 05:17 PM
Great thread!

BamaGalRN - I agree 100% no more "W's".

nishita
08-23-2014, 01:52 AM
No more elasticated waist trousers.

thechemistmommy
09-08-2014, 01:49 PM
The one pair of work pants and pair of casual jeans I've been wearing for the past three months because NONE OF MY OLD PANTS FIT. :(

OMG ^^^ This. I finally did get to go shopping last week for new pants, but for almost six months, I have been wearing the same pair of pants to work every day! DH had no idea and asked me one day why I was so obsessed with that pair of pants :p

TheSatinPumpkin
09-08-2014, 03:09 PM
6XL sweatpants. Had a single pair of sweatpants that was my only casual wear outside of work. Even wore it through the 100+ AZ summer seasons. never again.

Firecracker777
09-08-2014, 04:50 PM
I cant wait to start wearing dresses and skirts without leggings!!

Pebbles1964
09-09-2014, 11:56 AM
Never again do I want to wear a swim dress or a "blouson" top swim suit or swim shorts! I will wear a nice pretty/sexy/attractive two piece or one piece again.

izzyboomama
11-08-2014, 05:12 PM
Super-reinforced, mega-support underwire bras with five hooks in the back and two inch wide shoulder straps. I will always need a little extra support because even at a normal weight I am bustier than many women. But I will not need the uber bra any more.

This! I'm already planning all the soft bralettes I will buy!

I'm sick and tired of buying over-priced, ill fitting clothes in awful patterns and styles. *cough*LaneBryant*cough*.
I'm 28 years old, I really don't want to look like I'm 40.

Rin
11-08-2014, 06:04 PM
This is exactly like me!! I hate feeling like I have to cover up my legs and I hate wearing pants to events I SHOULD have worn a skirt of dress to. I also won't wear shorts or capris because of the same reason. The only thing I wear is long pants.
I hate to admit this, but it makes me so sad inside to see someone who is overweight with great legs to show off. I'm sure I would look and feel all sexy and leggy and so much more feminine if I didn't have my dreaded "thunder thighs" (and calves) to constantly hide. :(

I always feel like I have to wear separates because of my horrible muffin top. It's not induced by wearing pants, I just permanently have a muffin top, no matter what I wear. If I wear a dress, I have this sort of indentation between my muffin top my waist and my lower stomach that looks terrible! In addition to wearing sweaters to cover up my arms, I also wear them to hide the same muffin top.

Wow, I do the same thing! lol And I never wear just a tank top or anything with anything more than my elbow exposed because I hate my arms. Even in the summer if I am dying because of the heat, I will still wear some kind of overshirt. I hate it! I also love shorts and skirts and cute dresses, but I never ever show my legs. Can't wait to wear what I want! And not have to be melting from the heat in the summer because I have to cover everything up!

faiora
11-09-2014, 06:01 AM
I NEVER AGAIN want to wear those stretchy jeans that last like 6 months before the crotch wears out. I mean yeah, I know stuff won't wear out as much when I'm thinner, but I want REAL JEANS goshdarnit.

I'm not even that much of a jeans wearer. >.> Maybe I can find some nice sturdy khakis or something. Linen pants! I love linen. But it seems like EVERYTHING made for plus sizes is STRETCHY and I HATE SYNTHETICS.

I feel emotional about this. Can you tell?

izzyboomama
11-11-2014, 12:28 PM
I NEVER AGAIN want to wear those stretchy jeans that last like 6 months before the crotch wears out. I mean yeah, I know stuff won't wear out as much when I'm thinner, but I want REAL JEANS goshdarnit.

I'm not even that much of a jeans wearer. >.> Maybe I can find some nice sturdy khakis or something. Linen pants! I love linen. But it seems like EVERYTHING made for plus sizes is STRETCHY and I HATE SYNTHETICS.

I feel emotional about this. Can you tell?

I feel you Faiora! I would love to have a couple pairs of nice, billowy linen pants when I reach goal.

ANTICAKECHICK
11-11-2014, 03:11 PM
Super Spanx.
A girdle, fine. Super Spanx- NEVER. AGAIN. For SO many reasons.
For 1- stuffing ALLLL this into the stupid thing takes me like ten minutes and stuff keeps spilling out all over the place while I'm trying to pull it up… it's just… no.
For 2- my thighs rub together and have rubbed a neat hole in the fabric. So now I have two "bubbles" of fat thigh that ooze out the holes and rub together and I end up with the worst owies…
So yeah. Spanx. Never want to wear that devil's handiwork again. Ever. Never ever.

Control top panty hose go into the same category of evil as the Spanx.

Bras that could double as bowling ball bags. Where you can fit a whole head or two in each cup- and your mother announces suck at the store when you take her shopping with you. I'd like to have my man undress me without getting lost in all the hooks on the back so much that I just have to do it myself.

Anything that looks like it could also be used as the fabric covering of a tent or makeshift shelter in the event of an emergency.

And while this isn't clothing related- I'd like to NOT have to put deodorant between and under my boobs.

Yeah.

Beka
11-22-2014, 10:47 AM
Haha! This thread is great!

I never want to wear men's sweatshirts again! Unless of course it's my hubby's sweatshirt and I'm cuddling into it ONLY bc I forgot mine...

I DO like men's t-shirts to wear around the house or as PJs bc they are comfy and not so form-fitted, but it's nice to be able to go and buy a men's size small or medium, not the 2x sizes I used to buy!

My style is definitely casual... So I will always be running around in jeans, t-shirts, and hoodies, but I can wear cuter women's styles now!

I'm an RDH... It's been nice to be able to get rid of all of my big 2x unisex "tent" scrubs and get the cuter, tapered-waist women's scrubs that actually show off my figure! My most recent purchase was a medium... JUNIOR FIT!!! That just blew my mind! Lol!

jiffypop
11-30-2014, 11:19 AM
clothes with gussets

freelancemomma
12-04-2014, 08:59 AM
Sweatpants.

F.