Calorie Counters - Daily check in: were you under your calories today??

Pages : [1] 2 3

skelley331
12-27-2013, 10:37 AM
I tried to post but it said we exceeded the 500 post limit and to start a new thread! Hope everyone is okay that I started a new one.:carrot:

CalCounter1003
12-27-2013, 11:09 AM
Thanks Skelley!
Just a few leftovers left at my house, but I think I'm done with eating them.
Yesterday we had a leftover dinner but I didn't eat to the point of misery, as I did on Christmas. But I still ate a lot. One interesting thing is I decided to try to put it in MFP. And although I was at approx 2000 calories it said in 5 weeks I would weigh 3 pounds less if I ate like this every day. This was a lesson for me because in the past I would just say to myself. Ok I blew it so just finish off all sweets in the house, and in fact buy more because the new diet will start in a few days. But this showed me I can eat a lot some days and it isn't going to ruin the diet. I have been exercising more, walking an extra mile, and just generally active. I'm off work next week so I will keep up the extra exercising next week as well!

SeeMyFeet
12-27-2013, 12:40 PM
Awwwww...you'd think we could start a new thread on Jan 1! Oh well...

1382 cals yesterday. Late night cheese&grapes snack was not a good idea, since I wasn't that hungry anyway. 26day and 7day cal averages both around 1250.

...plugging along...

skinnyki
12-27-2013, 02:35 PM
Hi all! Welcome back Skelley! Thanks for starting new thread...that was quick. Very proud of us the thread was only a couple of months old!..

Doing ok up a couple lbs I knw it is water weight due to Tom. .hated it!

Anyways back to the cal counting I didnt count yesterday either and I demolished the left overs I didnt give away..now they are all gone and I can start all over! Order Chinese food tonight but it will all be with in my calorie allotment.

Changergirl
12-27-2013, 07:03 PM
Hey Everyone. Hope you all had a great holiday. Christmas is always a bit tough living in Korea and away from all my family and friends. I'm glad I've got my husband here. And chocolate, way too much chocolate. I was over Xmas Eve and Xmas but have done well since.

I'm excited because I got my Fitbit Force. It's quite depressing to see how little I move some days. It's definitely going to be a motivator to get me back exercising and finally lose these last 10 pounds, hopefully!

skelley331
12-27-2013, 10:07 PM
Hello everyone!
Seemyfeet we could probably start a new thread on jan 1st if everyone wants too! I'm ready for jan 1st so I can really get serious and back on track, the holidays have totally screwed with me, I have been tracking calories but I've been way over and now at night it seems like all I want to do is binge! ice cream, chips, chocolate!! YIKES!

today has been good
Fitbit stats:
5,275 steps
2.33 miles
1,807 calories burned since midnight last night
1,182 calories eaten
67 oz water drank

I'm trying to do lower carbs, I think carbs are my trigger foods!

Changergirl
12-28-2013, 10:18 PM
skelley331- I'm with you on the night eating. I do so well during the day, I plan everything out and pretty much eat it to a tee, then I get home and there's extra chocolate and snacks leftover from xmas and I can't help myself but eat some. It's worse on the weekend when I have access to them all day! Good for you on figuring out trigger foods. I try to pretend I don't have any, clearly a lie…it's all about chocolate. Up until a month ago I was fine with a proper serving of chocolate, 28 grams, now it's never enough and it causes me to go back for seconds and even thirds. Unfortunately my husband bought me a ton for xmas so there's lots of temptation.

My goal for the next bit is exercise. I really haven't done any set exercise since July which is terrible. However I now have no idea how much I should be eating. I think I'm going to take the next week or two to determine how much I should be eating. I was losing at 1570 doing no exercise at all. The last three days according to my new FitBit I've burned between 2100-2200 calories. On Xmas, when I never left the house it told me 1854. I'm not sure if this means I should be eating 200-300 more calories to account for exercise or if I should try to stick with 1570 but not beat myself up if I'm hungry and decide to eat more.

I'll still be checking in here, but I'm not sure if I'll be under my calories because I don't know what my calories are!!! Yesterday I was at 1652. It could have been lower since it included chocolate, wine and a hot chocolate.

CalCounter1003
12-29-2013, 12:06 AM
ChangerGirl,
Hope you like your Fitbit! I got the fitbit one and am really loving it. I have my goal set at 10,000 steps and find myself walking more and exercising more with it. I haven't quite figured out how it works if you do something like spinning, but all I do are the Walk at Home DVDs which are basically steps anyway. I have to input the specific exercise I do in MFP with the calories I estimate which is way more than the fitbit says I did. Maybe I shouldn't input the exercise and calories. Idk! I am not eating the extra calories it says I burned by just sitting around.

Still lots of chocolate sitting around my house as well. I hit a new low this am and was shocked! Especially to have it happen after the extras I've been eating but as I learned earlier this month if I mix up my foods and calories my body responds.

skelley331
12-29-2013, 12:24 PM
skelley331- I'm with you on the night eating. I do so well during the day, I plan everything out and pretty much eat it to a tee, then I get home and there's extra chocolate and snacks leftover from xmas and I can't help myself but eat some. It's worse on the weekend when I have access to them all day! Good for you on figuring out trigger foods. I try to pretend I don't have any, clearly a lie…it's all about chocolate. Up until a month ago I was fine with a proper serving of chocolate, 28 grams, now it's never enough and it causes me to go back for seconds and even thirds. Unfortunately my husband bought me a ton for xmas so there's lots of temptation.

My goal for the next bit is exercise. I really haven't done any set exercise since July which is terrible. However I now have no idea how much I should be eating. I think I'm going to take the next week or two to determine how much I should be eating. I was losing at 1570 doing no exercise at all. The last three days according to my new FitBit I've burned between 2100-2200 calories. On Xmas, when I never left the house it told me 1854. I'm not sure if this means I should be eating 200-300 more calories to account for exercise or if I should try to stick with 1570 but not beat myself up if I'm hungry and decide to eat more.

I'll still be checking in here, but I'm not sure if I'll be under my calories because I don't know what my calories are!!! Yesterday I was at 1652. It could have been lower since it included chocolate, wine and a hot chocolate.

Changergirl: I'm glad you accepted my invite on myfitnesspal, as far as the calories burned 1854 you said showed when you never left the house on xmas day, the fitbit flex band I wear 24/7 except when showering starts from midnight to midnight and it calculates the calories burned while resting and daily activities! I love how my flex band calculates my calories I can eat as the day goes on , I have it set for calories in calories out! I was doing so great before the holidays so my true goal is to start back on 1/1/14 and get these last 15 lbs off hopefully for good.:carrot:

skelley331
12-29-2013, 12:44 PM
ChangerGirl,
Hope you like your Fitbit! I got the fitbit one and am really loving it. I have my goal set at 10,000 steps and find myself walking more and exercising more with it. I haven't quite figured out how it works if you do something like spinning, but all I do are the Walk at Home DVDs which are basically steps anyway. I have to input the specific exercise I do in MFP with the calories I estimate which is way more than the fitbit says I did. Maybe I shouldn't input the exercise and calories. Idk! I am not eating the extra calories it says I burned by just sitting around.

Still lots of chocolate sitting around my house as well. I hit a new low this am and was shocked! Especially to have it happen after the extras I've been eating but as I learned earlier this month if I mix up my foods and calories my body responds.

can add me as a friend on fitbit: here is my user name http://www.fitbit.com/user/285HVL

SeeMyFeet
12-29-2013, 02:18 PM
Morning all!

I've been hearing cardinals outside my window in the morning. Will Spring be here soon?

Way to go with the exercise ladies! I'm not there yet--I decided to forget about exercise until I lose some more lbs, and I'm focusing on diet to get me there. Doesn't keep me from lifting a dumbbell or two, doing planks and (attempting) the hula hoop. Hopefully, by Spring, I will have worked my way up to daily exercise.

...but that won't happen at the rate I'm going! Calories have been above 1300 the past 5 days. Ugh. I did so well over the holidays, don't know why I'm being so bad now. Average over the past 7 days is 1350--not too bad, but I don't lose when cals are this high. The bratty half of my brain seems to be winning these days. I'm eating healthy, but especially yesterday, more carbs than usual.

Time to put the brat in time-out! Let's plug along, ladies! Keep going!

Llilith
12-29-2013, 04:37 PM
Hi everyone! A little bird told me this was an active thread! *waves to SeeMyFeet*

I aim for 1200 calories per day, and usually I come in a bit under. Yesterday was a challenging day - like most of this week has been. I was 550 calories over. :(

I think participating in this thread could help me stay accountable, so here I am!

What do you all use for tracking? I use the loseit app, which I love because of all the great features (even in the free version). Th recipe builder part is really good, and I love that it is seamless between my phone, ipad, and computer.

CalCounter1003
12-29-2013, 07:19 PM
can add me as a friend on fitbit: here is my user name http://www.fitbit.com/user/285HVL

Ok, just did it!

CalCounter1003
12-29-2013, 07:21 PM
Hi everyone! A little bird told me this was an active thread! *waves to SeeMyFeet*

I aim for 1200 calories per day, and usually I come in a bit under. Yesterday was a challenging day - like most of this week has been. I was 550 calories over. :(

I think participating in this thread could help me stay accountable, so here I am!

What do you all use for tracking? I use the loseit app, which I love because of all the great features (even in the free version). Th recipe builder part is really good, and I love that it is seamless between my phone, ipad, and computer.
Welcome Lilith!
I use MFP. I love it and use the free version too. That's cool about the recipe builder on loseIt. I don't know if MFP has that but I've done great with it so don't want to change now.

Changergirl
12-30-2013, 12:30 AM
SeeMyFeet- I'd say what you're doing is exercising!! I know I'd count it as it at least. I definitely focused on dropping weight before exercising as well. I originally lost 40 pounds in 6 months on diet alone. I started exercising and lost nothing over the course of 2 months. It really discouraged me so I figured I'd go back to just diet until I was more comfortable at my weight and I am now so that's why I'm starting to exercise again.

Llilith- Hello and welcome! This group is definitely active and it helps me stay accountable. Like quite a few people on here I use MFP and have for just over a year now. I love it but I've heard great things about Loseit too. I think it's all about finding what works for you.

I want to thank everyone in here who have added me on MFP. I know it's going to make me much more accountable as you guys can actually see what I'm eating. I'm really liking the Fitbit and I know it'll take me a bit to get used to it.

CalCounter1003- what I've started doing is any exercise that the fitbit won't count, aka spinning I'll input into MFP. If it is a walking or running based activity I'll log it but put it in with 1 calorie so I can keep track of minutes but not have it count twice, once from FB and once from MFP. I don't know if that's how I'm supposed to do it but it makes sense to me. As I said it's going to take a bit to figure out all the kinks.

skelley331- what you said about fitbit makes sense. And I think taking off a couple days or even a week or two isn't going to ruin your diet. It took a lot longer than a week to gain all the weight originally right?

And for what I came here for...I ended yesterday at 1587. Which is great and I managed to avoid most of the sweets in the house which is even better.

Changergirl
12-30-2013, 12:32 AM
Anyone else on here with a fitbit can add me too,

http://www.fitbit.com/user/296GV6

SeeMyFeet
12-30-2013, 04:27 PM
Hey Lilleth...you found the thread! Glad you're here...I need help counting!

I haven't counted calories from yesterday...not sure I remember everything. Let's just say...not the best day for me. Not a Move-The-Comfy-Chair-In-Front-Of-The-Refrigerator Day, more like a nibble-too-much-and-not-move-around-enough day.

Buttttt....I will add it all up, take my lumps, smack myself on the cheeks a few times, and get back to work.

I don't use MFP, loseit, or fitbit (sounds like something you put in your horse's mouth to help it lose weight). I use an Excel spreadsheet and scribble things down on my Note during the day. Old fashioned, I guess.

I should look into MFP. Sounds like everyone can see your meal plans? I could use some more :kickbutt:

skelley331
12-30-2013, 07:44 PM
Yesterday ended not so good:
2,066 steps
1,670 calories burned
1,469 calories eaten
299 calories over
only 16 oz water

But today I'm back on track for good, I'm even going to stay on track new years eve! I've got to make this my way of eating for life!!!

:carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:

Bobbolink
12-30-2013, 10:22 PM
What is MFP?

Changergirl
12-31-2013, 01:03 AM
MFP is My Fitness Pal. It's a website that you can use to keep track of calories, like an online food diary. There's also a forum and challenges and similar stuff that you'll find here. A lot of people don't find it as supportive as 3FC is. I primarily use it to track calories but have started to sign up for challenges as I'm finding 3FC to be less active than it used to be.

SeeMyFeet- it's up to you whether your diary either food or exercise is open or not. You can set it to complete private so you're the only one who can see it, you can set it so that only your friends can see it or you can have it open so that anyone can see it. It's entirely up to you. I've got a bunch of excel files too, including one for my diet, however I like it because it's got a huge database of food. If you're not entirely sure of the calorie content of an item it likely has it. It even has a ton of the Korean food that I eat on a regular basis that I wouldn't be able to guess what the nutritional content was.

I finished yesterday at 1652 and according to fitbit I burned 2224. I'd like to keep my difference above 500 so I hit that goal. I'm going to try and stick to a healthy diet today however I know I'm going to have an extra drink or two tonight, hopefully I don't do too much damage!

Hope everyone has a great New Years Eve.

CalCounter1003
12-31-2013, 01:14 AM
Changer girl, good idea on listing it with one calorie.
When I add the exercise and put the time I did it then it subtracts out the fitbit calories, which are always less. I'm still playing with it.

Been doing pretty well with sticking to calories. We are having a little get together for New Year's Eve so I'll be on my feet all night, and will have champagne and cheese, crackers, etc.

Happy New Year!

skelley331
12-31-2013, 08:59 AM
Back on track yesterday!!! It paid off I lost 1.6 lbs :carrot:
Fitbit stats:
6,340 steps
2.8 miles
1,967 calories burned
961 calories eaten (did low carb all day yesterday)
67 oz water

SeeMyFeet
12-31-2013, 10:39 AM
Congrats on the loss Skelley! woohoo!

My my...it's here...the last day of the year...how'd that happen?

Well it hasn't been the best week for me. Average of 1500cals for the past 7 days. ouch! But the 30day average is still in the 1200s. With rain in Philadelphia.

New Year's Resolution Day. I feel should make a looooong list. I will make time today for serious reflection on last year's resolutions and make some resolutions that I will be sure to keep. (I do have several unbroken from last year!)

skelley331
12-31-2013, 04:31 PM
Thanks seemyfeet:
You are so right, another year almost gone!
So far today I'm doing great, saving up for my new years eve night out!
Nothing fancy just going to some friends house to celebrate their daughters 13th birthday! Hang with other friends! Plan to be good! tomorrow is my start day to finally get to my goal!

Be safe tonight Happy New Year!

CalCounter1003
12-31-2013, 05:19 PM
Yay Skelley! :carrot:
You will be in the 160s next week!

Have a safe New Year's Eve everyone and Happy New Year! Maybe we will get some new calorie counters tomorrow!

skinnyki
01-01-2014, 11:32 AM
Happy New Year everyone! Looking forward to losing in this new year and getting ready for Spring/Summer. Im glad and proud of myself for starting this journey in September 13. Now I have a slight advantage than the people who are just starting today. I feel blessed and excited to see what the new year will bring.

No weight loss or gain stead consistent thru the Holidays. So I really couldn't ask for anything more. I was able to indulge a little in the Holiday treats but just didnt go overboard. Is time now to add some exercising and weights into the mix now. Heres to a blessed and healthy year everyone. :carrot::carrot:

CalCounter1003
01-01-2014, 12:48 PM
Went overboard last night with champagne, cheese, crackers, chips, brownies and more. I wasn't exactly sure how to even input into MFP, so I just put in some of it. I was up 1.5 lbs from yesterday but I know it's just a temporary gain because I didn't eat 4500 calories over! Feels good to realize that instead of getting mad and throwing in the towel.

SeeMyFeet
01-01-2014, 01:20 PM
:newyear: WooHoo!! 2014, Babee!!

This will be the Best YEAR EVER for me!! Why? 'cause it's all up to me. How I feel about the upcoming year is all in my head--how I handle things, how I do things, how I react to things. It's all up to me. I'm not dependent on anyone for income, for career choice, for my cleanliness standards, for what I put in my mouth or how sedentary I am. It's all up to me. And I'ma gonna get *things* done!

(Hey....it's Jan 1.....gotta expect a little muscle flexing, especially on a site like this!)

Calories yesterday: 730. Yummy salads. (Obviously, I stayed away from the FireWater :carrot:) But feeling a bit of misery....tried adding psyllium.....major mistake....

:newyear: again! I'm so happy about the New Year--an umblemished page, a fresh start. Let's do good, ladees!

skelley331
01-01-2014, 08:05 PM
Hey everyone! So relieved it's the new year and I have high hopes for myself! Looking forward to seeing all of our success together!
fitbit stats from new years eve:
5,012 steps
2.22 miles
1,921 calories burned
1,651 calories eaten
230 calories over (not too bad) still on track for the week though to get my 3500 deficit!

Llilith
01-02-2014, 11:06 AM
942 calories yesterday. I aim for 1200 but I was trying to atone for my sins on NY Eve LOL.

kaarin
01-02-2014, 11:14 AM
Hello. I was on 3FC a couple of years ago and lost almost 50 lbs with the IP diet. Unfortunately (as happens so often) a lot of the weight has slowly returned. I have learned a lot about health, nutrition and the right way to it - now I just have to DO it (again). :) My plan is to count calories, but also focus on lower carbs and more protein - just not as drastic as on the IP diet. My biggest challenge is that I really enjoy relaxing after work with a glass of wine. So, for at least the month of January, NO wine. My daily calorie goal is 1200, though I'm aiming for lower at about 1000.
I came back to 3FC as i found it really helped me keep focused the last time I was on this journey. I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you. Have a great day! :D

Naomi1
01-02-2014, 12:50 PM
Hi,

I'm new here. Starting calorie counting today. At 600 calories already and it's not even 11am. I almost said "screw it," but didn't. Figure I can have 400 for lunch and 500 for dinner. Trying to stick to 1500 a day. I'm also going to start a modern dance class on sunday to get my exercise in. The class is multiple times a week.

Naomi1
01-02-2014, 12:53 PM
Hi Kaarin, what is the IP diet? I can't eat less than 1500 or I feel like I'm starving. I tried 1200, but always end up eating more out of hunger.

SeeMyFeet
01-02-2014, 01:27 PM
:welcome2: Naaomi1 and Kaarin! and HNY !!
(IP is ideal protein--there's a big thread devoted to it here on 3FC)

890 calories yesterday, but probably an overestimate because I fined myself too much for nibbling while cooking! I made The Best pork medallions with mustard sauce and capers yesterday, but limited myself to only one--and lots of veggies. I felt like the family dog...looking at and drooling over the mashed potatoes (I make the BEST mashed potatoes). I wanted to jump on the table. But I stayed strong!

32 day average around 1250. 7 day average 1300. And it's snowing in Chicago.

Love this guy-->:carrot:

CalCounter1003
01-02-2014, 03:23 PM
Hi,

I'm new here. Starting calorie counting today. At 600 calories already and it's not even 11am. I almost said "screw it," but didn't. Figure I can have 400 for lunch and 500 for dinner. Trying to stick to 1500 a day. I'm also going to start a modern dance class on sunday to get my exercise in. The class is multiple times a week.

Welcome! I'm glad you didn't give up! Even if you go over 1500 you can still lose!
I was amazed to see that on some days over Christmas holidays I had more than 2000 and when I input it in MFP, it said I would still weigh less in 5 weeks. It's just slower if you eat more, but you will still lose. That sounds great on taking a modern dance class.

skinnyki
01-02-2014, 08:13 PM
Hello all welcome newcomers!
Struggling to stay within my cal range today been snacking more than normal but I will stay..baked tilapia and green beans for dinner.

Changergirl
01-02-2014, 08:14 PM
I tried to post yesterday but the computer I was on kept freezing. Looks like we've got a couple new members since then which is awesome. More people=more accountability.

kaarin - good luck with the switch from IP to CC. I've heard great things about IP while you're on it, but I feel it's the same as any low carb diet, once you get off of it the weight seems to come back. I've seen it happen multiple times with my mom. That's why I like CC because it's more of a lifestyle change, something that I'll never get off so I don't have to worry about regaining as long as I stick to it.

Naomi1 - 1500 calories seems like a very reasonable goal. I've lost all my weight between 1550-1650. It's defintiely the slow and steady approach but I've never once been hungry and felt the need to cheat. Though I have gone over more times than I can count just not to the point that I need to binge like I used to when I tried lower calorie diets.

After consulting a couple TDEE calculators I think I'm going to up my goal to anywhere between 1599-1799 as long as I continue to exercise at the same rate that I have been. I've been burning between 2200 and 2350 this week so it's around a 500 calorie deficit. I'll see how it goes for the next little bit, though I only have a week before I go on vacation. I'm hoping that's enough time to see if it works for me.

I was at 1,693 Tuesday, 1792 Wednesday and 1585 yesterday.

kaarin
01-02-2014, 10:20 PM
Hi Naomi1 - always nice to have someone else start the same time as you. :)
Thanks for the welcome SeeMyFeet, skinnyki and Changergirl. I agree, IP is just too extreme (and expensive) but I did learn a lot about protein vs carbs etc. I am a strong believer that it's NOT fat, but carbs, that is the true evil for healthy weight. Especially the highly processed stuff. Naomi, I also find that if you're eating more carbs, you get hungrier much faster.
I use My Fitness Pal - it's such a great app and easy to use. They have a huge data base of foods. But I think this forum is better for support and accountability.
Today I have 690 calories left for dinner, so I should be good! :carrot:

Paisleymama
01-03-2014, 02:24 AM
Hi all, I'm back!
After a holiday season filled with goodies and taking a break I'm ready to get back into the routine and kick those lbs!
I'm not weighing in for a week or two, not sure yet. I know I must have gained some but I want to lose the water weight and get on track before I allow the scale to discourage me.

Logging in breakfast and lunch for now, trying to keep those as healthy as possible until I can get dinners sorted out, it's hard cooking 3 different meals and I've been slipping.

Loumomoffour
01-03-2014, 10:18 AM
Good Morning,

I'm a calorie counter that never seems to get past lunch time. I use Mynetdiary on my phone which I like and I'm used to. I also have tried journaling (writing down what I eat and how I'm feeling) but again I don't seem to get past 3pm. I'm hoping that support from this forum will help. I've been trying to lose the same 10 lbs for years. I am a mild binge eater which drives me crazy. I am working on it and it seems to be getting better.
Here's to a full day of tracking my calories, I'm aiming for 1500.

Wishing you all a successful calorie counting day.

Lou

SeeMyFeet
01-03-2014, 01:34 PM
Hey Paisleymamma and welcome Loumomoffour!

Yeah, the mornings are easy. If things fall apart, it's generally during late afternoons/evenings--mostly late evenings for me. The key for me is lists and planning how to keep busy--whether it's work work, house work, knitting/crafts. I just need to plan ahead, getting things together in the morning or late evening. I found these short workout videos on youtube--FitnessBlenders. Some are as short as 10 min. I have them loaded on the TV, and they've helped.

Calories yesterday: 865. 33 day average 1250. 7day average 1227. Yay! And some downward movement on the scale the past few days! Whoopee!

JenVitz
01-03-2014, 05:10 PM
Hey everyone,
I would love to join this thread if there is still room for other Calorie Counter.
I use MFP to keep track. I am trying to lose my last 15lbs. I am in a challenge to lose 8 lbs in 8 weeks, which should be doable. I am just looking for some support and motivation.

skelley331
01-03-2014, 05:53 PM
Hey everyone,
I would love to join this thread if there is still room for other Calorie Counter.
I use MFP to keep track. I am trying to lose my last 15lbs. I am in a challenge to lose 8 lbs in 8 weeks, which should be doable. I am just looking for some support and motivation.

Welcom JenVitz: Sure anyone can join here! I'm in the same boat as you I'm trying to lose 15lbs I've gained after reaching my goal! I'm great during the day it's evenings that are bad! So welcome! I joined a challenge on Myfitnesspal called Life's New Journey for January 2014, my goal for this one is to lose 1lb a week, more would be a plus but I'm starting out slow. :carrot:

kaarin
01-03-2014, 11:04 PM
Hi Loumomofour and JenVitz! I'm just a day in too. :) Welcome!
Well, it's Friday after one H___ of a day at work. Bad news, I owe my son $20 as I'm having a glass of wine. :( He bet me that I couldn't go the whole month of January without a glass. Guess he was right (since it's only the 3rd...)
However, good news is I'm still well within my calorie range for today. Had to miss lunch as it was crazy at work, but have eaten raw veggies and dip with the wine while waiting for hubby to get home. Dinner will be healthy and within calories, so I don't feel too guilty.
Hope you all have a great weekend!

CalCounter1003
01-04-2014, 12:43 AM
Welcome everyone! Great to see so many people here!
I'm still on break from teaching but we go back Monday. :( I'll be back more on a routine when that happens, but I've somehow managed to do okay over the break. :)

There is a nice story here -- http://www.huffingtonpost.com/peg-bradford/how-a-pedometer-and-faceb_b_4532064.html?utm_hp_ref=good-news-- about someone who basically added a lot of walking and a Facebook group to lose and maintain weight. She said she is walking between 20-30,000 steps a day. I thought I was doing good going over 10k a day! This is the first time I've added exercise to my life and I'm just walking more and doing Leslie Sansone DVDs. It really is helping me. If you can just add a few minutes of walking to your day, it will help!

SeeMyFeet
01-04-2014, 03:14 PM
Hey all,

Did you change your photo already Kaarin? Welcome JenVitz! Wow, Vancouver Island AND Washington. I love it out there! I'd love to move to Vancouver.

CalCounter....do me a favor and keep up the exercise/walking reminders.

Calories pretty good yesterday. 955cals for the day. 1241cals for the past 34 days. 1163cals for the past 7 days. And a frigid cold front dipping down into most of the US. Get out your electric blankets, folks!

merstopher
01-04-2014, 03:39 PM
I am new to 3FC and MFP (I posted in introduction section)

I guess because I am a large guy my MFP daily goal is 2530 cal (based on sedentary with weight loss goal). I started the day I found the app Jan 1... But my day was already done and I had consumed 6894 cal!! The 5 week prediction was not good!

But last 2 days just under my 2530 cal eating wise, and 1000 cal burned in pool/gym

Today 306.5 from 309.5 jan 1! I know some of that will be water but still encouraging, and counting with MFP is really quite easy! I actually (so far) like to try to eat enough healthy food not to get hungry during the day, leaving myself some room for a post-workout evening reward (a supper I enjoy). So not interested in the before bed junk food now (my normal vice) because I don't want to ruin my MFP day!

Oh the beauty of accountability... :dizzy:

kaarin
01-04-2014, 04:17 PM
Hi merstopher! Yes, accountability is good. Also, checking in here helps keeps me focused on my goal. Strength in numbers and all that. :)
That wicked wine did put me over my calorie goal yesterday - 1365. I am determined to be better today!
I have a question. Does anyone out there have a favourite website for quick and easy diet recipes for dinner? Baked chicken breast, broccoli and cauliflower and salad gets old pretty fast! Hubby and I both work and don't get home usually until closer to 6:00, so I'm looking for something that's easy to through together, but healthy and relatively low calorie count.

Oh, and yes SeeMyFeet, I wanted to put up a more recent pic. The other one was from when I was on 3FC almost 3 years ago.

Changergirl
01-04-2014, 11:37 PM
Welcome to all the new newbies! Hopefully you find this place helpful.

JenVitz- I'm also trying to lose my last 10. I'm finding these much more difficult than the first 45 were.

merstopher- good on you for actually figuring out how much you were eating before starting. I really wish I had the courage to input the amount of food I used to eat, I know it wouldn't have been pretty.

I finished yesterday at 1705. I'm pretty pleased with it because I was tempted to eat more throughout the day but decided against it.

edoetsch1
01-05-2014, 01:02 AM
Hi everyone! I have been back on MFP for about a week, but also need more of a social accountability also so I thought I would hop on in here :) My calorie goal at this time is 1800 which so far I have been sticking well with. I currently quit my job because I could not physically handle the walking and lifting, so losing this weight is a must for me so I can get back to a job I love.

Loumomoffour
01-05-2014, 11:48 AM
Good Morning,
So far I've been doing pretty good with the calorie counting, not great but good. The kids go back to school Tomorrow so I hope that I can get back on a schedule. My main problem is snacking and not knowing what to eat. I've always been a snacker, a couple of crackers with butter here and a piece of bread there ect...no real meals just lots of snacks.
So my goal for this week will be to cut out the snacking and log everything I eat into my phone.
Lou

SeeMyFeet
01-05-2014, 12:38 PM
Hey all,

Quick drive-by today for accountability purposes. 886cals yesterday. 1231cals average over 35 days. 1059cals average over 7 days. And it's snowing again!

Yay! I've kept the numbers nice and low. Had a 4 day losing streak (longest ever), followed by a 1lb gain today :dizzy:. Gonna keep plugging.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend, all.

kaarin
01-05-2014, 01:03 PM
I got on the scale this morning and I am down 4 lbs since Thursday, which is great! :carrot: I know this is a lot of water loss but I am on track for over 5 lbs in my first week. After that I'll be satisfied with 2 lbs per week.
The weekend has been a little tough. Not with food, but that darn wine. You guys are going to think I'm a real heavy drinker :o but there is no question that I relate a glass of wine with relaxing.
Yesterday was "take down Christmas" day. I worked my butt off packing everything away and then house cleaning. My diet day had been going really well until about 4:00, but then I was done my work and had 2 glasses of wine while reading my book.
My calorie count for the day was almost 1500 :( I'm hoping that the extra physical activity in the afternoon was enough to cover the extra.
Today I'm going to start a fitness regime. I got an xbox 360 with kinect for Christmas so its time to start using it!
No one has replied with any favourite recipe websites. I found some good recipes right here on 3FC, but would like to explore some more.
Have a great Sunday everyone! :)

merstopher
01-05-2014, 01:36 PM
Ugg.... This is my first Sunday here and using MFP... Sundays will have to be a bit of a "cheat" day for me I guess... Every Sunday I go to my "home group" AA meeting over breakfast (Kaarin I was a very heavy drinker near the end of my drinking days ;) ) and certainly won't be giving that up (the meeting I mean). But I just logged the breakfast food and ate 1500 calories!

I might need a new strategy for next weekend... Maybe order something instead of the buffet.

Problem is I have a date tonight, and we are probably doing the tasting menu at a very nice restaurant... Maybe I will be over my 2500 cal today. Not going to order just a salad on a first date... Didn't Seinfeld do that?

BUT in a few minutes I am going to the gym, maybe I will do an extra half hour of cardio. Might not be enough but can't hurt.

Live and learn, need to plan better next time.

At least there is no question about (no) wine calories for me tonight! ;). I would have had a lot of problems (read not possible) to stop at two glasses Kaarin, so I consider you lucky for that.

CalCounter1003
01-05-2014, 06:08 PM
I got on the scale this morning and I am down 4 lbs since Thursday, which is great! :carrot: I know this is a lot of water loss but I am on track for over 5 lbs in my first week. After that I'll be satisfied with 2 lbs per week.
The weekend has been a little tough. Not with food, but that darn wine. You guys are going to think I'm a real heavy drinker :o but there is no question that I relate a glass of wine with relaxing.
Yesterday was "take down Christmas" day. I worked my butt off packing everything away and then house cleaning. My diet day had been going really well until about 4:00, but then I was done my work and had 2 glasses of wine while reading my book.
My calorie count for the day was almost 1500 :( I'm hoping that the extra physical activity in the afternoon was enough to cover the extra.
Today I'm going to start a fitness regime. I got an xbox 360 with kinect for Christmas so its time to start using it!
No one has replied with any favourite recipe websites. I found some good recipes right here on 3FC, but would like to explore some more.
Have a great Sunday everyone! :)

Kaarin,
I wonder if you can just plan on allowing yourself a glass of wine each night? I don't know the calories on it but I'm the same with desserts. I must have dessert at night! So I just cut elsewhere to have the dessert each night. If you constantly feel like you are being deprived, you might give up. The best thing to do with the the wine (or anything we feel we must have) is to not do something while enjoying it. Just sit and drink the wine and enjoy it. You know how it is when you watch TV or do something while eating... at least with me ... 10x as much will be gone because you aren't thinking. So drink your wine and thoroughly enjoy it while doing nothing else. It is very hard to do! I've been trying. Normally I'm on my ipad during breakfast or the TV is on. If you are only eating or drinking you will be ready for it to end because we all multi-task so much.

As far as websites, I don't have any good suggestions but what I did was bought a crock pot book called which has lower calorie options. I have found several things in there and on Sundays I make 2 meals in both of my crock pots. Then during the week they are ready to go - just heat them up! It makes it so much easier. It is just DH and I at home now - well, my DD goes back to college in two weeks so then it will just be the two of us. With her here, I can't repeat the meals as much as I do with just us!

Good luck!

kaarin
01-05-2014, 10:21 PM
Hi Sharon,
I'm not giving up. I've done this before so I know how it goes. I'm actually happy with today. Did almost an hour with Kinect games (dancing and an Adventures game) and a 1/2 hour walk with hubby on a beautiful day here on Vancouver Island.
I've got the calorie room for wine, but it's just that often the wine will start cravings for other nibbles, and then I'm screwed! :D
My plan is to keep the work week "wine free" and then indulge a little on weekends so that I don't feel deprived. It's all about balance, isn't it? :)

Changergirl
01-05-2014, 11:52 PM
Loumomoffour-Snacking was definitely a problem of mind. I felt like I used to snack because I had nothing else to do. I don't have a ton of hobbies or things I do to keep busy so I'd usually turn to food. I used to paint my nails so I couldn't eat and by the time they dried I forgot that that was my plan. I've also found drinking tea helps. I'm putting something in my mouth it's just calorie free and healthy!

kaarin - wine has been a big part of my diet and I'm almost down 50 pounds so if it fits I wouldn't worry about it. I do try and limit myself to one glass so I don't want to snack later. I am a big believer in not excluding things from your diet that you love as I constantly fear I'm just going to have a giant binge later.

merstopher- I hope your date went well and you enjoyed yourself and didn't worry too much about food choices. Buffets are something I avoid now, mainly because I can't get my moneys worth anymore!! Is there anyway you can try and make healthier food choices. Maybe you can go in with a plan and only eat whats on it. Certainly easier said than done.

I'm really excited that over the last week I've lost 1.5 pounds while averaging 1684 calories a day. It makes me really happy that I don't have to sacrafice calories as long as I'm walking at least 50 minutes a day and doing 3- 25 minute cardio sessions a week. I think this should be sustainable. Though I'll be happy losing half that.

edoetsch1
01-06-2014, 12:19 AM
1318/1800 calories for today. Stayed under goal which I am happy about. My weakness is late night when everyone else is sleeping and I find myself bored. I know I am hungry its just breaking that habit.

SeeMyFeet
01-06-2014, 08:26 AM
1265 calories yesterday. 200 expensive calories from 2 inch cubes of cheese. Average for 36 days 1232calories. Average for 7 days 990 calories. Getting mighty frustrated.....

skinnyki
01-06-2014, 10:12 AM
Hello all im back I think I do better when I come here and account for my calories. Not losing and eating way more calories..sort of like maintenance calories maybe a little less. Just stopping by will post cal intake later.

kaarin
01-06-2014, 11:18 AM
Good Morning,
So far I've been doing pretty good with the calorie counting, not great but good. The kids go back to school Tomorrow so I hope that I can get back on a schedule. My main problem is snacking and not knowing what to eat. I've always been a snacker, a couple of crackers with butter here and a piece of bread there ect...no real meals just lots of snacks.
So my goal for this week will be to cut out the snacking and log everything I eat into my phone.
Lou

I've found that if I have a pile of cut up veggies ready to go, that really helps with what to snack on. My favourites are cucumber, radishes and peppers. With a little bit of Ranch calorie wise dressing, I find it quite satisfying. I absolutely LOVE cheese, but that is such a spend of calories for so little.

Robsia
01-06-2014, 12:58 PM
Hi

I'm new to the thread, although not new to the forum, by any means.

In 2006/7 I lost 84 lb. Sadly, some of it has crept back on again, mostly over the last couple of years. I've always done calorie counting, as I know it works to lose the weight, just need to get some strategies for keeping it off once it's gone.

So can I join in here for accountability? I really want to do it this year, properly this time. I lost 25 lb last spring down to 147, and got back into all my cute summer stuff, but here we are a-bloody-gain!

Cals yesterday were 1606 which is pretty high, but my average since I started again, over the last four days is 1324.

My calorie 'envelope' is between 1100-1500. I try to keep it as close to 1200 as I can, but I don't panic if it gets near to the 1500 a couple of times a week. It gives me a little treat room. But I do want to keep my average below 1300 if possible.

I've got the calorie room for wine, but it's just that often the wine will start cravings for other nibbles, and then I'm screwed! :D

I know how that feels. One of my weaknesses over the last few months has been vodka. I like to mix up a tall glass of peach squash (condensed fruit juice - very common in the UK) with sparkling lemonade and a couple of measures of vodka. A couple of those in the evening and I'm very chilled but I have abstained since I started my diet. I still had some left over from Xmas so I figured last night I'd have one. The peach squash and lemonade are both sugar-free so the only cals are in the vodka. But one turned into two, and next thing I was scoffing down the nibbles.

So I really need accountability.

Kilketay
01-06-2014, 04:34 PM
I met my calorie goal yesterday (1650 cal - my goal is 1500-1900) - despite going out to eat, which is a huge challenge for me. I'm on track for today (921 cal at 2pm, planning a 600 cal dinner). Yay me!

skelley331
01-06-2014, 04:41 PM
Well I haven't been doing so good since Christmas and new years, my goal was to start on 1/1/14 but we've been swamped by winter storm and haven't been able to get out of the house for two days, no excuse but just sayin, I go back to work tomorrow so I'm going to get back in my routine again and get serious!

:carrot::carrot:

CalCounter1003
01-06-2014, 08:27 PM
This is a cookbook I have been using a lot the past few months. http://www.amazon.com/Fix-It-Forget-It-Lightly-Revised-Updated/dp/156148718X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1389050322&sr=8-1&keywords=fix+it+and+forget+it+lightly+cookbook

I have found some great recipes in it. It says there are 600 recipes but I've only made about ten of them....over and over! The only thing with crock pot recipes is it will say something like serves 8 and give you the calories but it isn't realistic to divide a crock pot meal into eight servings if there are just two of us at home, so I just scoop out what looks reasonable. My DD is still home from college and she has enjoyed these meals I've made also. She's 6'2" and weighs less than me so isn't watching her weight, but she still thinks they are good! Of course, after dorm eating, any home cooking is good!
I know a website is easier for some people, but I can't seem to organize recipes that way. I lose the website even if I bookmark them! Anyway, I make two meals on Sunday and freeze half of them. Then I will pull them out two weeks later to have some variety. It makes the week so much easier.

Today was the first day back to school. I was dreading it but it was fine. Kids were so tired they just sat and listened, lol. By Friday we will all be asleep in class. I am way under my calorie goal because it was so busy I didn't have time to snack, so I'm going to do that now!

So glad to see lots of new and returning people on the site that are calorie counters. I just think calorie counting is so great! As I said in an earlier post, that was the first type of diet I ever did many years ago and why I left it and tried 50 other weird diets is beyond me!

SeeMyFeet
01-07-2014, 09:22 AM
Welcome back, Robsia!
Hello Kilketay! and Great Job!
Yep, it's back to the ole routine! I hear ya skelley! Typing while bleary-eyed and running around like a racehorse this AM.
I will have a look at the cookbook, CalCounter...I use the Crock a lot, too.

1382 calories yesterday--on plan. 37day average: 1236. 7 day average: 996. And blistering cold.

Over the past 37 days, I have lost maybe 1 lb. Ugh. Still experimenting. I have a new strategy. I'll let you know if it works.

Robsia
01-07-2014, 09:38 AM
Cals yesterday were 1184 - yay.

Steps were my best ever since I downloaded a pedometer app called Pacer and started tracking them: 13725

I find it quite easy to get my steps up as I walk the dog every morning and do between 2-2.5 miles then I do a 'bedroom' version of C25K - walking and jogging up and down. i watch an episode of Star Trek as I do it, so I extend the whole thing to 45 minutes. I'm only on Week 1 - but it's only been a few days.

I'm doing all the right things but after a good initial drop, my weight's been stalled for a few days. Hoping for a dip sometime soon. Are you listening, scales?

kaarin
01-07-2014, 10:14 AM
Good morning everyone!

Welcome back to 3FC Robsia! I know those scales will cooperate for you soon! :)
I was a little over my goal yesterday at 1375 (weekly Rotary lunch). I must be extra good today as my 1 week weigh-in is tomorrow and I want to be down 5+ lbs.
I got a new toy yesterday - a fitbit flex. It's a wristband that tracks steps, distance, calories as well as your sleep patterns. It automatically syncs to iPhone and computer to tell you how you're doing, and talks to MFP too. Just another tool I'm hoping will keep me focused. I tried that Pacer app Robsia, but you have to have your iPhone on you at all times and it chews through my battery.
SeeMyFeet, we've been watching the news here and can't believe the weather you're having. Keep warm! I believe it's supposed to get better within the next few days.
Happy Tuesday everyone!

skinnyki
01-07-2014, 10:21 PM
Stayed within calories today whoo hoo

CalCounter1003
01-07-2014, 10:47 PM
I'm in range today but have been really hungry all day.

I had a huge box of store-bought fancy Belgium cookies that was given to us. It was almost half gone and I kept looking at it in the pantry. So today I brought into one of my classes. It's a HS class of mostly boys and they ate them up quickly! So that temptation is gone! Now the teachers with daughters are trying to sell Girl Scout cookies. It just never stops! :D

I think that ChangerGirl mentioned drinking hot tea. I have really gotten into that the past two weeks. My DD started drinking hot green tea, which I never liked but I decided to try it with her since she's home and it has really helped me not eat snacks. At first I had to add honey or a cube of sugar but now I just have it plain. Now I found a Good Earth tea called Sweet and Spicy - wow, it's good. My DD said "this has to have sugar in it, it's so sweet!" So then I looked it up on their website and it says no sugar but the teas do have 5 or less calories. Well... I'm not counting that!

SeeMyFeet - I know that feels discouraging to only be down a pound after 37 days but think about how many pounds most of the US gained during that 37 days! And you didn't gain any, and lost 1. It will come... you might have to calories to trick your body if you are always eating around the same number.

Robsia - That's great that you found an app to do your steps. I have a FitBit One that I just got a few weeks ago and I LOVE it! It really motivates me to walk more! I only have a little dog right not and he's not into walking too much but I hope to get a big dog again soon - lost our Golden Retriever to cancer a year ago. I want another one, but DH wants a Doberman... IDK.

Kaarin- I love my FitBit too! It's so motivating! I have it in MFP as well. I always override the exercise I do (which is a walking DVD) and type in the calories into MFP though because Fitbit gives me not as many as I claim I burn. I've been losing with those #s so I'm sticking with it!

SkinnyKi - Yay!
Skelley - Glad you are back!

Hello to everyone else! I'm just replying to the last few posts!

SeeMyFeet
01-08-2014, 09:24 AM
Morning all!

Last night was another red-knuckle night! I kept the calories low: 810 --maybe a little more...I'll have to re-think. 38da average: 1225. 7da average: 1007.

Scale budged a smidgeon today. Thanks CalCounter, but the holidays are not my downfall....last year, my downfall was from Jan through Aug....which scares me....I want to, and have to, lose this weight.

kaarin
01-08-2014, 10:33 AM
Good morning!
I stayed within my calories yesterday - 1108. According to the scale this morning I am down exactly 5 lbs since Jan 1. I'll take it! I retain water easily, so I know that's a lot of water loss but that's okay. Now the goal is 2 lbs a week.
SeeMyFeet - I think CalCounter is right, all of a sudden the scale will move. What kind of exercise/activity do you do? I find if I get active I see results.
CalCounter - on the activity theme, boy, my fitbit shows that I need to work on this!!! Not even 5000 steps my first day. :( I know that I work at a desk job, but I thought with the amount I have to get up to go get files, photocopy etc, it might be a bit more. I AM motivated though! I am not counting the calories burned that fitbit gives to MFP either. I'll only do that if I've gone on a special walk or done extra exercise etc.
Have a great day everyone!

edoetsch1
01-08-2014, 11:49 AM
Day 10: 1518/1800 calories yesterday. :carrot:
Late night was a struggle. Wanted to snack out of boredom but was able to keep it under control.

NewKate2014
01-08-2014, 01:29 PM
Hi all! I'm Kate, I've been looking for a calorie counter thread! :)
Currently eating between 1200-1500kcal per day, the closer to 1200 the better.
Looking for calorie accountability and this looks like the place to be, nice to meet you all!

K

SW(1.1.2014) 191.1
CW 188.8
GW 140

Silverfire
01-08-2014, 01:33 PM
I went over my calories by 8 yesterday :( I had a sliver of costco tuxido cake that just pushed me over the edge. Otherwise I would have been under by 250!

Selina
01-08-2014, 01:57 PM
I ate 1250 calories. While this is great, I ate awful food and am completely unhappy. Frozen pizza, white bread and feta cheese. Just awful stuff. Doubling the exercises tomorrow.

Munchy
01-08-2014, 02:00 PM
I really would like to figure out my gym time. I used to run and weight train in college and it was the only time that I've ever been close to in shape! I find it really hard to work out to a tape, but it may be one of my only options for now. My work schedule just intensified and I don't think I have enough time to work out at the gym before picking up the little one as I would sometimes do before.

Anyway, my meal plan today is:

Jan 8, 2014
B: Hot tea w/lemon and agave (30), 1 cup mushroom soup (130) = 160
S: None = 0
L: 1 cup spicy blue cheese tomato soup (118) = 118
S: Baby carrots/cucumbers (50) w/ light ranch (80) = 130
D: Buffalo chicken sausage (70), mushrooms, onion (30), potato (165), neufchatel/franks sauce (45) = 310
S: ½ bottle champagne (250) = 250
TOTAL: 968

Glad to see everyone again!

Robsia
01-08-2014, 04:22 PM
Welcome NewKate2014 - I'm like you - I try to keep my calorie range between 1200-1500, but as close to 1200 as I can.

Yesterday was a good day, 1254 calories and 14478 steps.

Today is looking good, 1206 calories so far if I can keep the snack monster away, and 13657 steps so far, although I doubt there'll be much more after now as it's 8.20 pm. Maybe a couple of hundred or so till bedtime.

skelley331
01-08-2014, 05:24 PM
Well I haven't posted for a few days, I've had a hard time staying within my calorie goals for some reason! I've been eating from boredom from being stuck in the house due to winter storm yuk :devil:

Yesterday was a good day:
3,323 steps
1.47 miles
1,791 calories burned
1,140 calories eaten
151 calories left (so I was under)
67 fl oz water

:carrot::carrot::carrot:

Changergirl
01-08-2014, 09:12 PM
Wow, this place has gotten busy which is great.

I've been eating a bit too much for my liking recently. I'm going on a 2.5 week holiday on Sunday and I think I'm already in vacation mode. Tomorrow's my husband's 30th b-day as well so I knew the bad food was going to start a couple days before we left so I really should have been doing better to stay on track this week. I'm currently 'deskwarming' at school which means the kids and most of the teachers/staff are on vacation but I get to come to work and sit on my butt all day and do nothing. There's quite a few snacks being served as well which I normally would avoid but can't because there's so few of us here to eat them.

I probably won't check in here until I get back the end of January so hopefully you all are still here and have stuck on plan much better than I will have.

CalCounter1003
01-08-2014, 10:57 PM
Changer girl, have a great time on holiday! Whenever I go on vacation I do that same thing...start my holiday eating days before we leave. You probably won't gain while you are away because you will be busy all day! I love teaching, but it's quite fun when the kids aren't there! :).

Skelley, that is totally understandable being trapped at home, but glad you had a good day!

edoetsch1
01-08-2014, 11:31 PM
Day 11: 1238/1800
Had a great day today! I feel as if my entire day is revolved around eating though. Always trying to think of what the next meal/snack will be and how many calories it will be. Hopefully as time goes on my mind will not be obsessing over this at all times :)

Paisleymama
01-09-2014, 12:54 AM
Ugh, I'm still trying to climb back on the wagon.
You'll see a lot more posts from me as I try and keep up my daily accountability once again.

Yesterday was ok, ate around 1300-1400cals BUT my food choices haven't been very good. I need to work on that. I also need to get back to exercising regularly. It's so easy to slip and I have 0 motivation at the moment. I need a good kick up the butt!

Weighing in on Monday, so scared to see what the scale reads.

Robsia
01-09-2014, 06:07 AM
Wednesday stats:
Calories: 1305 (7da also 1305)
Steps: 14311
Miles: 6.08

It's starting to come down. Had a cracking start - lost 3.2 in three days, then it stalled for a few days, now today and yesterday I've seen a 0.2 drop both mornings. It's slow, but I'll take it.

SeeMyFeet
01-09-2014, 09:24 AM
Hello all and welcome newbies!

867cals yesterday. 39day average=1219. 7day average = 1021. No budge on the scale.

Ugh! just Ugh!

Paisleymama
01-09-2014, 10:45 AM
See my Feet - That's so disappointing :( Are you eating enough?

Hi and welcome, Robisa. A loss is a loss, better than a gain!

kaarin
01-09-2014, 10:53 AM
Wow, this place has gotten busy which is great.

I've been eating a bit too much for my liking recently. I'm going on a 2.5 week holiday on Sunday and I think I'm already in vacation mode. Tomorrow's my husband's 30th b-day as well so I knew the bad food was going to start a couple days before we left so I really should have been doing better to stay on track this week. I'm currently 'deskwarming' at school which means the kids and most of the teachers/staff are on vacation but I get to come to work and sit on my butt all day and do nothing. There's quite a few snacks being served as well which I normally would avoid but can't because there's so few of us here to eat them.

I probably won't check in here until I get back the end of January so hopefully you all are still here and have stuck on plan much better than I will have.
Have a great vacation!
I agree its great to see so many people here. The more the merrier!
Yesterday was not a great day for me. Calories were only 1245, but work was crazy and I missed lunch altogether and didn't get home until almost 7:00. Since my calorie intake was so low I decided it was a good enough excuse to have a few glasses of wine to unwind. :(
Also, still under 5000 steps for the day. I'm disappointed in myself because it's not just about the calories and weight loss for me, I want to get into healthier habits. Oh well, I guess awareness is the first step...
Today will be better! Have a great day everyone!

skelley331
01-09-2014, 12:07 PM
Changer girl, have a great time on holiday! Whenever I go on vacation I do that same thing...start my holiday eating days before we leave. You probably won't gain while you are away because you will be busy all day! I love teaching, but it's quite fun when the kids aren't there! :).

Skelley, that is totally understandable being trapped at home, but glad you had a good day!

Thanks CalCounter, you are doing so good!

skelley331
01-09-2014, 12:10 PM
Had another good day yesterday Yahoo!!!
4,170 steps
1.84 miles
1,866 calories burned
1,335 calories eaten
fitbit says I Nailed it!!!! :carrot::carrot:
75 oz water

CalCounter1003
01-09-2014, 08:52 PM
Day 11: 1238/1800
Had a great day today! I feel as if my entire day is revolved around eating though. Always trying to think of what the next meal/snack will be and how many calories it will be. Hopefully as time goes on my mind will not be obsessing over this at all times :)

I think you kind of have to be that way to really stick to it at first! But then you will get into routines and you will not have to think about everything. I like to talk about it on here but I do not talk about my dieting with people unless they ask me and even then I don't say a lot other than to say what diet I'm doing. I just don't like it when someone talks endlessly about all of that, so I don't want to do that!
I find if I keep myself busy I will not have time to think about it as much. Because I agree it's just too much for the brain sometimes. In the summer when I wasn't teaching I was reading, doing cross stitch and painting my nails just to do things that kept my hands and brain busy! Now that schools in, and I teach full time and at a college in the evening, I don't have time for hobbies!

edoetsch1
01-10-2014, 12:36 AM
Day 12: 2085/1800
Went over today but I am ok with that. I have been under calorie all week so I wont let this affect me. Tomorrow is a new day :)

SeeMyFeet
01-10-2014, 09:34 AM
Good attitude, edoetsh1! (and you didn't go over by much!!)

A broccoliful day yesterday. yum yum

855cals yesterday. 40 day average: 1209. 7day average: 1020. Annnnd the scale didn't budge. At all. Operation Infinite Patience is still underway.

Silverfire
01-10-2014, 09:43 AM
1280/1600 :)

I made Bacon Potato Corn Chowder for supper last night. With all this cold weather I have been craving something hearty. So good, and only about 350 cal's for a big bowl!

kaarin
01-10-2014, 11:25 AM
I think you kind of have to be that way to really stick to it at first! But then you will get into routines and you will not have to think about everything. I like to talk about it on here but I do not talk about my dieting with people unless they ask me and even then I don't say a lot other than to say what diet I'm doing. I just don't like it when someone talks endlessly about all of that, so I don't want to do that!
I find if I keep myself busy I will not have time to think about it as much. Because I agree it's just too much for the brain sometimes. In the summer when I wasn't teaching I was reading, doing cross stitch and painting my nails just to do things that kept my hands and brain busy! Now that schools in, and I teach full time and at a college in the evening, I don't have time for hobbies!

I totally agree that you have to be a little obsessed with this at first. I find coming on here everyday, thinking about dieting a lot during the day, logging into MFP with everything, all this helps to keep me focused on my goal of losing weight. I also try to visualize where I will be in a month, 2 months etc. What clothes will I be wearing? It all helps to build new, good habits. Once the pounds start coming off consistently, I think that will be motivation in itself.
I've decided that Friday morning is going to be my regular weigh-in morning (better than Monday morning!). I was happy to see the scale nudge down a little from Wednesday. Now I'm going to try and stay off the scale until next Friday.
Yesterday was a pretty good day. Not enough steps, but under 1200 calories.

edoetsch1
01-11-2014, 12:05 AM
Day 13: 1013/1800
Didnt get out of bed till 11am today so I was lower than normal due to not eating breakfast. I am finding that I am not as hungry during the day, but still fighting the late night temptations. Been trying to stick with pop corn at night with some different flavorings.

Robsia
01-11-2014, 12:18 PM
Hi

I had a good day yesterday - even had enough cals left over for a couple of my tall peach/vodka cocktails and DIDN'T nibble after.

I had a banging headache this morning though so I suffered for it, which is odd, because I've had more in the past and not felt a thing. Maybe it's because I've been eating far less so the alcohol had a worse effect, I don't know. But once I let the dog in I just took some painkillers and went back to bed and slept an couple more hours while the painkillers kicked in.

Also dropped a pound overnight this morning so I'm happy.

Cals yesterday: 1332
7da: 1288
Average since start: also 1288 (freaky as it's 10 days!)
Steps yesterday: 11577

SeeMyFeet
01-11-2014, 02:32 PM
Wow! Everyone is doing so well!

But we're all in danger, because you uttered the "Foods That Must Not Be Named": bacon, potato, corn, vodka, popcorn...I think I'll cast a protective spell around my mouth. ;)

Good day yesterday. 732cals. 41day average=1198. 7da average=988. And the scale registered a 3lb loss, so I'm back to my ticker weight. Fi-nuh-lee.
:broc:
The plan is to increase calories for the next few days, but I'm kinda scared. I just don't have any faith that I've hit on the right plan for my stubborn bod.

edoetsch1
01-12-2014, 12:09 AM
Day #14: 1309/1800
Working on portion's and adding more fruits and vegetables this week as my goal.
1443 is my weekly average, which I am very happy with!

SeeMyFeet
01-12-2014, 01:00 PM
It is so inspiring to see all the motivation here!

My weekly average weight loss plot is in a downward trend that appears to be consistent. I am so relieved....Happy dance! Happy dance!...yet fearful that it won't stay that way. Plug along. Plug along.

Yesterday was an Up day. (I'm trying a version of calorie cycling.) 1550cals. 42day average = 1206. 7day average=1083.

I'm surprised the scale didn't jump up 10lb because I ate Bread yesterday!! (shudder!) I cooked a turkey breast, so I'll have a high protein day today, and stay away from the cooked-up carbs.

Today is Portions Day for me, too, Edoetsch. I measured my cereal (All Bran buds) into small containers and portioned out my daily vitamins. This afternoon, I'll mix up salads for the week (or at least the next few days). My latest new snack food is low-cal peach Activiaaaaaaah! yogurt. Yummy and only 60cals. I like to eat the same things every day so I can calorie count easier, but I do get taste bud fatigue, and things go out of season. My snacks have included flatbread/hummus (gave up bread), pistachios (tired of them), grapes (out of season), and now clementines--which will be out of season soon. Looking forward to something new. Any other healthy, fewer-than-60cal, low carb snack ideas?

edoetsch1
01-12-2014, 02:00 PM
Today is Portions Day for me, too, Edoetsch. I measured my cereal (All Bran buds) into small containers and portioned out my daily vitamins. This afternoon, I'll mix up salads for the week (or at least the next few days). My latest new snack food is low-cal peach Activiaaaaaaah! yogurt. Yummy and only 60cals. I like to eat the same things every day so I can calorie count easier, but I do get taste bud fatigue, and things go out of season. My snacks have included flatbread/hummus (gave up bread), pistachios (tired of them), grapes (out of season), and now clementines--which will be out of season soon. Looking forward to something new. Any other healthy, fewer-than-60cal, low carb snack ideas?

I am the same way with eating the same kind of foods every day. I have been working on a box of clementines for 2 weeks now. Switched over to strawberries this week. My daughter has a metabolic illness called PKU which requires me to weigh all her food to figure out phenylaline so the weighing and measuring should be very easy for me.

Silverfire
01-12-2014, 02:15 PM
It was my birthday yesterday so I didn't track anything. Beer, cheesecake, chips and dips! I did manage to show some restraint with the chips and dip and didn't just eat it ALL :)

CalCounter1003
01-12-2014, 11:26 PM
Happy Birthday Silverfire! Good for you for enjoying the day!
Yay, SeeMyFeet! Sounds like you are on a down trend line.

I was a little over today. Tried a recipe that was for chicken bruschetta. It had a baguette mentioned in the ingredients but I don't think the bread was counted in the calories. I ate more than 1/4 of the bread! But I'm okay with it, I've been doing well with calories and exercise. Oh well, it was fun to try something different and I will make it again! Here it is:
http://www.loseweightbyeating.com/week-night-bruschetta-chicken-379-calories/

Decided I am going to adjust my goal again. I started with a goal of 165, then when I got close decided I should try to get a normal bmi. So I set it at 155. I'm only half pound a way from there! That is a 24 bmi which is the highest normal weight bmi. Now I think I may go to 150 so I can be 23 bmi. Haven't been this low since prior to kids, which was 23 years ago!

Paisleymama
01-12-2014, 11:40 PM
Today is day 1 of counting ALL calories again, including dinner.
At the end of the week I will weigh in and I really hope to start exercising again next week, I'm in a lot of pain at the moment and just can't which is totally throwing me off.

You'll all have to scream at me if I don't log in every day now!

ETA - I decided I should weigh in so I could be realistic and to my surprise, I'd lost another 5lbs! Take that, holidays!

SeeMyFeet
01-13-2014, 09:27 AM
Whoa! Paisleymama! You're almost in Wonderland! Good luck with the counting....we'll see you back tomorrow! How did i not notice that CalCounter was such a skinnyminny? Must be a wonderful feeling. Happy Birthday Silverfire...I don't use the calendar function, so i don't notice these things. We have one in my family today.

Yesterday 1289cals (a planned up day). 43day average=1208 7day average=1086. The last 2 up days have put me 3.5lb above my ticker. I'm trying to be patient...sticking to the plan...we'll see if it takes the usual 1-2 weeks to get this back off.

Silverfire
01-13-2014, 09:46 AM
Thanks CalCounter1003 :)

Alas, in an effort to use the rest of the chips and cheese up I made nachos for dinner and had some pop. Over by 200, could be worse. Today at the gym will make up for it!

skelley331
01-13-2014, 10:39 AM
Happy Birthday Silverfire! Good for you for enjoying the day!
Yay, SeeMyFeet! Sounds like you are on a down trend line.

I was a little over today. Tried a recipe that was for chicken bruschetta. It had a baguette mentioned in the ingredients but I don't think the bread was counted in the calories. I ate more than 1/4 of the bread! But I'm okay with it, I've been doing well with calories and exercise. Oh well, it was fun to try something different and I will make it again! Here it is:
http://www.loseweightbyeating.com/week-night-bruschetta-chicken-379-calories/

Decided I am going to adjust my goal again. I started with a goal of 165, then when I got close decided I should try to get a normal bmi. So I set it at 155. I'm only half pound a way from there! That is a 24 bmi which is the highest normal weight bmi. Now I think I may go to 150 so I can be 23 bmi. Haven't been this low since prior to kids, which was 23 years ago!

Wow CalCounter1003: You are doing amazing, I just can't seem to stay in control, but I will one day! Congrats on your progress!:carrot:

kaarin
01-13-2014, 10:52 AM
Good morning everyone! Great to catch up with everyone's progress over the last few days. So much good news - it's SO motivating! I was over my calories both Saturday and Sunday, but kept it below 1400 each day. Of course it was the wine that put me over. :^: It's the start of a new week and I'm going to try again to be very good, at least until Friday! I'm not weighing myself again until Friday morning, so we'll see how I do.
I got to almost 6000 steps yesterday - still a looooonnnggg way from 10000!!! Not sure if I'll ever get there but I'll keep trying.
Have a great week!

Robsia
01-13-2014, 02:56 PM
I had a BAAAD day yesterday.

It started well. I had a very late breakfast so I decided I would skip lunch as my parents were coming round and I was doing a roast chicken dinner.

But firstly, by the time I was preparing dinner, I felt like gnawing my fingers off I was so hungry and I found myself grabbing lumps of grated mozzarella out of the fridge as I prepared dinner.

Secondly. My mother has this habit of annoying me. Not intentionally but she just rubs me up the wrong way. I had a bottle of wine left over from Christmas so I decided to open it and have a glass as I was making dinner, to take to edge off her being, well, just her!

Thirdly. I CANNOT resist chicken skin. Nobody else likes it, so add that to the gnawing hunger and I found myself eating pretty much the entire chicken skin as I was carving the bird.

Then, a glass of wine turned into half a bottle, which turned into a bottle, then the nibble cravings kicked in. So, added to my planned calories, I had an entire bottle of sparkling white wine, far too much crispy roast chicken skin and nibbles on top. I've estimated 2000 calories, but it's probably more. I don't know.

So, yes the scale was up this morning. But today is a new day. Back on track.

Also I've had some nasty hip/back pain over the last couple of days so I haven't been doing my C25K and my steps are down, 8213 yesterday and 8117 the day before. But my average is still over 10K - 11598, so that's good.

1056 calories so far today.

7da: 1348
Average since beginning: 1338

edoetsch1
01-13-2014, 03:12 PM
Day 15: 1,722/1800
Today was a rough one. Was home all day & wanted to snack! Plus husband made dinner so it was higher in calories than I would have made. Stilled stayed with in goal though, so I guess I am good!

CalCounter1003
01-13-2014, 07:54 PM
Robsia,
Even if you had 3000 calories yesterday, which I doubt, remember one pound is 3500 calories. So you didn't really gain a pound! Scale may show up two or three but it's just temporary, And now that you are back on track it will go back down and that little spike might actually help you!

I had to laugh at the chicken skin.

I have the same problem with not my mom but my MIL!

Eydawn
01-13-2014, 08:00 PM
Robsia-

Oh honey... I hear you on the bottle of wine and the mom thing. ;-) Made me laugh out loud. Remember that fluctuations day to day are generally fluid retention related... it's overall trends that matter.

Today has been an OK day for me! Have bronchitis though... so not much is appealing. Bleh. Tea, ramen, coffee... eyah, that's really been it. About to make peach glazed chicken thighs, quinoa and parmesan roasted cauliflower for dinner tho. That should be some good nutrients... and keep me under my count.

Hope everyone is doing well! Trying not to blow away here, crazy winds today. Howling outside... so gloomy!

Paisleymama
01-13-2014, 11:29 PM
Look, I'm checking in as promised! One step in the right direction :)
Yesterday was acceptable, around 1200 cals but still not wonderful food choices.

I have today planned out but I'm stumped for dinner. It's so annoying cooking 3 separate meals all the time.

Seemyfeet - YES :D I am so excited. I hope those few extra pounds don't stick around too long!

Silverfire - Happy Birthday!

Kaarin - 1400 is great, don't sweat it :) I started at 1200 but I upped it to 1350 and still losing.

Robisa - I tend to keep a drink of some sort with me in the kitchen while I cook. I was baking the kids cookies in the afternoon and I wanted to eat the batter SO BAD. & I hear you on chicken skin, it's the best part.

edoetsch1 - Sorry yesterday was rough for you :( Tomorrow will be better & you still did great

Eydawn - Feel better soon

Navywife12
01-13-2014, 11:38 PM
Hello! My daily is 1360. I had 2 huge workouts today that totaled 1800 extra cals to add, but I stuck to my original count and ate 1340. Now hopefully my legs allow me to get out of bed in the morning lol
BUT according to MFP if I do this everyday I can weigh 200lbs! Lol so not going to happen!

edoetsch1
01-14-2014, 01:53 AM
Day 16: 1,441/1800
Today was much easier! I was able to keep myself busy so I didnt think about snacking. I did realize that I am not eating enough foods with iron and calcium though. That is going to be new goal for the week is to get those 2 things added more in to my food choices.

SeeMyFeet
01-14-2014, 09:33 AM
Ohhhh please keep the cold winds, Eydawn.....or at least warm them up for us! And, yes, feel better soon.

Glad you're back Paisleymama! Are you posting over in the two-teens? It's pretty lively these days, too.

I baked a turkey breast over the weekend, on a day when I felt like eating everything. Fortunately, it was an Up day, so I nibbled a little bit on the crispy, salty skin without any guilt.....Then when I made the turkey broth, I included some of the skin. When I filtered it out and saw how fatty and flaccid the skin looks after rehydration, I began to think twice about eating that stuff! Bleah!.....just sayin'

Welcome Navywife! Good work!

I'm taking iron supplements, Edoetsch, and I seem to feel better when I do, but I really need to have my levels checked. Most people do not need iron supplements and too much iron can be bad as well.

Cals yesterday: 880. 44day average=1201. 7day average=1014. I will be tweaking a calorie cycle schedule for a while, but it looks like this is working for now! Happy Dance! Happy Dance!

Robsia
01-14-2014, 01:30 PM
I baked a turkey breast over the weekend, on a day when I felt like eating everything. Fortunately, it was an Up day, so I nibbled a little bit on the crispy, salty skin without any guilt.....Then when I made the turkey broth, I included some of the skin. When I filtered it out and saw how fatty and flaccid the skin looks after rehydration, I began to think twice about eating that stuff! Bleah!.....just sayin'

I wouldn't eat turkey skin - that's just nasty. I love chicken skin so much that I did try turkey skin once to see if it was as nice - it wasn't. Icky!!

Silverfire
01-14-2014, 02:17 PM
1268 Yesterday! Right on plan! Woot

CalCounter1003
01-14-2014, 06:15 PM
Wow, as soon as I lower my goal the next day I am up 2.5 pounds! I think this is turning out to be a monthly thing even though I don't have TOM anymore. 52 years young, but it stopped 6 years ago with a surgery -- so I think I still have the monthly issues, just no mess. :) I never track when weight goes up so I need to write it down so I can look next month. Or I suppose I could check the past posts in here! But I'm not too worried because it seems like it goes up like that (with no correlation to over eating) and then it goes down lower afterwards.

PaiseleyMama - Yay for posting again! I can't imagine making 3 meals x 3 a day! That would wear me out -- well... actually I can imagine because I did it when my kids were younger. DH will eat anything so I'm lucky there. He just goes with the flow of whatever weird diet I am on or whatever I make. (or we go out!)

NavyWife - yes, I love the little MFP notice about what you will weigh in 5 weeks! Even when I have over eaten by a ton of calories it still says I will weigh less. Great job on exercise!

edoetsch1 - yay on keeping busy and not thinking about what you are eating! It's kind of like if you go on vacation and do a lot of sight seeing and walking around. Sure, you think about your meals but not obsessively. You just fit the meal into the day and not have the whole day planned around the meal.

SeeMyFeet - so glad to hear the calorie cycling is working! I make a chicken crock pot meal every week or two and after Thanksgiving I made it with leftover turkey and broth. I was SHOCKED at the amount of fat when I took it out of the fridge. It was like a whole inch layer of fat! The chicken is never that way.

Kaarin - regarding the steps - I have my goal for 10,000. So one night we got home late and I had about 9100 or so. I just started walking from one side of the house to the other (over and over) and I hit the 10k pretty quickly. I was amazed. I started doing it as a joke because my son was ahead of me on his FitBit and then I saw how fast it went so kept going.

Did anyone see the news about the FitBit Force and Flex causing rashes for some people? Yikes! I have the One myself but I have never had sensitive skin. I got my son the Force for Christmas so hope he doesn't get a rash!

diamond_girl
01-14-2014, 08:19 PM
Okay if I join you? Today I'm finished with 1352 Calories. I also did 30 minutes on the treadmill and arms today.

Angela

CalCounter1003
01-14-2014, 08:46 PM
Absolutely! :welcome2:

kaarin
01-14-2014, 11:08 PM
I love reading everyones posts! I guess that's why we're all here. Congratulations to everyone's success' and hang in there for those with little slips.
Robsia, I loved your post! :D Isn't it true how stuff can just escalate like that? As I've said (many times) wine is my downfall, my happy place. But to replace it (or at least cut back) I pour myself some sparkling water into a wine glass (the wine glass is important) and add a little Crystal Lite for colour. I guess I'm trying to trick my brain into thinking it's wine and then I can relax. Silly really, the things we do! :^:
Today is a good day. I just filled in my dinner menu onto MFP and am only up to 828 calories, so I may just have that glass of wine with dinner! :carrot:

edoetsch1
01-14-2014, 11:16 PM
Day 17: 1,487/1800
WOW! I have made in 17 days!!! :woohoo:
Today I added some lean meat & broccoli to my dinner meal in effort to add some nutrients I feel I was lacking. Forgot now much I actually liked broccoli. Shopping for meat today was quite fun.. standing there trying to figure what meat was the best choice. People probably thought I was pretty weird picking up all the packages and examining them all!

Paisleymama
01-15-2014, 12:14 AM
Hit -20 lbs today! Ok, I'm rounding up by .3lbs haha 1/3 of the way to my short term goal.
Yesterday was good, 1248 cals. It feels good to be back on track after the holidays.

Navywife12 - Great job!
edoetsch1 - It's great you're looking at what you're eating and making good changes for your health. Congrats on sticking with it. 21 days creates a habit :)
SeeMyFeet - Just posting here at the moment but I will check out the group for inspiration! Glad your calorie cycling is working. I tend to go that way unintentionally.
Silverfire - Well done!
Calcounter - I have days with fluctuations. I don't record that weight, wait a couple of days and weigh in again. I've usually made a loss by then.
Diamond_Girl - Welcome to the group :)
Kaarin - Enjoy the drink!

SeeMyFeet
01-15-2014, 09:30 AM
Yesterday was good, calorie-wise, but the scale jumped up. I'm trying to be patient.

When I make chicken or turkey stock, I refrigerate first so I can skim off any fat. I do that for any stock, except vegetable. Some days, I wanna be vegetarian.

What's today, girls?

Silverfire
01-15-2014, 10:44 AM
Ugh Nachos for dinner was a bad choice, however, I logged them and was on the high end at just over 1600. Could have been worse. Tonight is job #2 and lots of running around, I should work off those nachos. Plus, bringing water and a snack so I am not tempted to have dry ribs and pop!

BettyBooty
01-15-2014, 12:47 PM
I was under by 5 calories yesterday, but dinner was cheese pizza which is not exactly the healthiest option.

Tonight my husband has physical therapy so I have no idea what will be for dinner. Maybe soup and a salad.

diamond_girl
01-15-2014, 09:33 PM
1485 Calories for today. So I was under my 1500 daily goal.

edoetsch1
01-16-2014, 12:22 AM
Day 18: 1,590/1800 :)
A successful day :)

Paisleymama
01-16-2014, 02:40 AM
I hovered around 1200ish but had a hungry day. I hate when that happens.
I feel a bit lighter but I'm not going to weigh in. It's interesting, I can't wait to see how I feel in the middle of a normal BMI. I've noticed minor changes in how my clothes are fitting. I guess thats the positive AND negative of being tall. It takes a long time to show. I carry a lot of weight in my thighs and butt, I don't think that's going anywhere fast.

Also, DH has inadvertently lost 15lbs since I started. I could curse him, haha. He has been eating a modified version of what I do for the most part, though some nights he doesn't feel like it and I have to sit through the smell of his calorie laden dinner. It's good though, I'm excited to see where we both are once I reach my goal.

SeeMyFeet - Sorry the scale jumped up, it might just be water weight from the salt in the stock?

Silverfire - Count it as an up day and move on :) There's always tomorrow to make a better choice.

diamond_girl & edoetsch1- well done!

BettyBooty - Good job staying in your range, even with the pizza. You sound like me, when I eat alone it's verrry boring. Last night was baked beans and cauliflower mash. How interesting :p

Robsia
01-16-2014, 05:54 AM
Okay - I finally finished that Christmas bottle of baileys so there is now ZERO alcohol in the house at all. Back to eating clean. I am back to my pre-naughty weight and have been mostly good, except for the Baileys (I know!) all week.

Paisleymama - I wish we could "inadvertently" lose 15 lbs without even trying!!

I am starting some new work tomorrow, only for a few weeks though, but I'll be out of the house, walking a lot, so my steps should be good. Need to think of some healthy packed lunches to take.

Cals yesterday: 1214
7da: 1348 (plus a bottle of baileys :o)
Average since start: 1320

Paisleymama
01-16-2014, 06:33 AM
I haven't had baileys in such a long time, Robisa! Yummo. My weakness is Malibu but I haven't had a drink since November.

Quick question: Is it possible to reach anywhere near your goal weight with just calorie counting? I am in a rut with exercise, I have a few things working against me at the moment and I haven't been able to do it in about a month. I am more active around the home and sticking to my calorie allowance.
I am not a fan of exercise really, I know I should do it and I know I need to get back into the habit but I just thought I'd throw the question out there.

Robsia
01-16-2014, 07:01 AM
When I first lost weight, I went from 213 to 144 with hardly any exercise. I did do a DVD workout for a few weeks at the beginning, but not that much during the course of the weight loss.

Then when I hit 144 I decided to start the C25K. I only lost 4 lbs during those 9 weeks, but I dropped an entire dress size and my body totally changed shape, becoming far more defined and muscular. I think I lost a lot more than 4 lbs of fat during those 9 weeks but I gained muscle to replace it.

However, I think if I had tried to start that earlier, I would have found it more difficult, just lugging that weight around with me. I know some people run when they are heavier, but I'm not sure I would have stuck to it.

So, for sheer fat loss, yes it is possible to lose weight without exercise, but a hardcore exercise such as running does help you to look better.

diamond_girl
01-16-2014, 08:44 AM
mmm, Malibu Coconut Rum and pineapple juice.... Yummy!

BettyBooty
01-16-2014, 08:56 AM
I was over by about 100 calories yesterday. :-(

Silverfire
01-16-2014, 09:13 AM
I was over a bit yesterday I think... Not really sure as I hard a hard time guestimating the unplanned work food. I was going to stop at subway on the way to work and pick up a turkey sub for dinner before work, so I wouldn't have to eat work food. Alas, the 100+km/hr winds yesterday caused the power to go out and subway was closed. I didn't have time to go anywhere else, so I just went to work. As soon as I came in the door, there was one of my co-workers. Munching on some dry ribs. I DID NOT want to have those!! They make me so bloated and gassy! Anyway, found out that the event that I was working was catered and had real food so had a chicken breast, some veggies and orzo salad... No idea the calories, but I do know that they tend to load EVERYTHING in butter! So, thinking I went over.

Totally made up for it in the 12,000 steps for the day I'd say ;)

SeeMyFeet
01-16-2014, 10:16 AM
My, you guys set such a high standard for yourselves! Way to plug along, edoetsch!

I'm finding it impossible to fit exercise in as well, paisleymama. I'm running around from 6am to 11:30pm with kids and work, and still not getting everything done. I'm more worried about asthma and RA right now, so I'm not beating myself up too much about exercise. Still, I found some good 10min videos, so there's really no excuse. Broth? I make that for family cooking....pasta dishes and all....which I don't eat. Plus I don't add salt to the broth anyway. I keep thinking I should make some good low calorie soups, but i never get time. Wow, we have lots in common...similar ht and wt...Oh, and my husband is a skinny-butt, too!....Oh! and his high calorie eating annoys me tooOOooo! haha

OK ladees, I'm doing so well with calories, I'm starting to worry that they're too low. 7day average=990. 46day average=1185. Average for the month of Jan=1000. Today was supposed to be a low cal day, but maybe I'll make it an Up day. I'll see how much energy I have today and let that be the deciding factor.

Paisleymama
01-16-2014, 11:13 AM
Thanks for sharing your thoughts! I am going to wait for a while to do anything too physical. I was going well with the bike but I can't support the weight on my shoulder at the moment. I guess I will do what I can for now and once I'm at a more ideal weight, pull out the big guns. I would definitely like some tone and definition as well as muscle strength.

How neat would it be if we reached goal weights around the same time, Seemyfeet? Though your goal is a bit less than mine. I have a thick bone structure, very curvy. I don't even know if 145 is possible! My hubby isn't small at all though, - 6'2 & 250lbs . He needs to replace some of the fat with some muscle and he'll be home and hosed. Having kids made us a bit soft around the edges, especially me :p

Munchy
01-16-2014, 02:29 PM
I'm getting so frustrated lately. I know my calories are always on point, but I just want to lose these 10 lbs - why is it so hard for me to get my body moving? It's been about 10 years since I lost the "last 10lbs" and felt genuinely good. At that time I was in college and had two hours a day to run and lift (plus I hardly ate anything).

I need to kick my own @ss. I constantly complain and feel bad and don't do anything about it. Just eating well doesn't do anything for my weight/shape!

Tomorrow morning I will try my hardest to get started on a morning video (which I severely dislike). Then I may have a child free night free to go to the gym. I just need to DO IT! :(

CalCounter1003
01-16-2014, 08:03 PM
Munchy-
I would try to find a video you do like. I would not be able to stick to anything I hated. And certainly not get up early for it! Maybe you should just try some easier ones on youtube and find one that isn't too bad. Doing something often that isn't as strenuous, is much better than doing one you hate infrequently. Not that I claim to be an expert in exercise since I only started on it this diet.

Paisley - I have lost weight many times without exercise, so I know it can be done. But this time I am exercising and the weight is coming off faster and ... the biggest shock of all ... I am actually looking forward to it and hate when I miss a day. I'm just doing a walking DVD. Sounds really lame, but I love it.

SeeMyFeet - I think your calories are too low, but again, I'm no expert! I know every one's body is different so I can't really say how yours will do but I know I can't do less than 1200. I just get too hungry and weak. The first day back at school this semester I was so busy I was around 1000 and the next morning I was so weak when I went to do my simple little walking DVD I was afraid I would pass out. I made it through but I realized I can't eat that little. It could have been psychological because at the end of the day MyFitnessPal gave me the warning that if I eat too few I'll go into starvation mode and my metabolism will slow down. Only seen that twice and both times I felt like going out for ice cream ... all in the interest of health. :)

edoetsch1 - way to go! One day at a time!

diamond_girl
01-16-2014, 10:07 PM
1547 for me today, I little over my 1500, but I don't eat back my exercise so I guess that's an excuse :/

diamond_girl
01-16-2014, 10:15 PM
SeeMyFeet, I think your calories are too low also. Try upping them to a minimum of 1200 (if you need to get to 1200 Almonds are a healthy way) and see if that works. I'm no expert, but everywhere I've read it says to never go below 1200 calories a day.

edoetsch1
01-16-2014, 11:38 PM
Day 19: 1202/1800
Anyone have any recommendations on any sites that have easy healthy recipes? Would like to start cooking/baking more but seems everything I find is complex or asks for ingredients that are hard to find in my small town.

paisleymama: I have not been exercising at all but can feel a huge difference in the way I feel. I need to lose quite a bit more before I even think about adding it.

SeeMyFeet: I too would try adding some more calories. Maybe your metabolism needs a shake up.

Paisleymama
01-17-2014, 02:18 AM
Good day again but low at 983. I will be making up for it today as it's friday night, my "cheat dinner" night. I made a simple, yet tasty grilled chicken breast with pesto and sprinkled with parmesan. It was SO GOOD and only added up to 300 calories.

Munchy - Sorry things have hit a stand still for you. They always say those last 10lbs are the hardest. I hope you can find your motivation soon!

Calcounter - I liked when I got into the routine, I did genuinely want to do it. Now I'm just back to square 1. I really need to sort myself out. Do you mind sharing the name of the DVD? I have a few but they're too high intensity. I guess I could do the wii fit.

Diamond_Girl - Well done, 47 over isn't worrisome :) Your post on the last page made me want to kick back with a drink. I wonder how many cals a shot of malibu is... Just checked, not too shabby! 25ml is 51 cals, I might get that friday night drink after all!

Seemyfeet - I only throw in 1 odd day here and there of under 1200 and it's not intentional. I tend to sit between 1100-1350 throughout the week, mostly around the 1200 mark. I get hungry and tired and generally crabby.

edoetsch1 - I like modifying weight watchers recipes. A lot of the time, the main part of the meal works for most of my family members and I have my sides for the week premade in the fridge, which at the moment is primarily cauliflower mash. I'm a sucker for mashed potatoes and it's a great substitute.

CalCounter1003
01-17-2014, 07:38 AM
Paisley, I do the Leslie Sansone DVDs. There's a fitness videos discussion on here where we post the ones we do. I have seven of them, and mix them up although I love the latest one, Walk to the Party Hits. Three miles. I started with just one mile in July and jumped up to three quickly. Now I walk with 2 lb weights on each hand. At first it felt like I wasn't really doing anything because it is very easy but that was ok, because I hadn't done anything in so long. Also if you don't like those, get a FitBit! I love mine!

Today I hit the 155 goal I had, but I've lowered it to 150. Very grateful to all of you on here who are so supportive and express so many of the feelings I have! When I went to update my ticker it already said 155 so I must have updated it wrong last time! Today are my MIL and FIL birthdays so Thai food out and cake at my house after. My DD is making a Pillsbury Funfetti cake. I looked at the box and icing and was shocked at how much one piece is, or 1/8. We use to cans of icing. 767, jeez, it's not worth that! I had her make a cake because normally we buy a fancy cake at a bakery and I thought this would be lower cal. Oh well, I'm going to just go over today but right back tomorrow. Of course last year eating a 1/8 piece would have been the warmup.

kaarin
01-17-2014, 10:40 AM
Good morning everyone!
CalCounter, congrats on hitting your 150 goal!
When it comes to exercise vs dieting, I believe when you're quite a bit heavier it's all about the calories. Exercise is always good, but if you don't cut back the calories the weight just won't come off. However, as a person loses the weight and gets closer to their goal, the exercise becomes all that much more important. That is probably why you're stalled Munchy.
For me, I just want to try to getting my steps up through walking and use my Kinect more regularly. Soon it will be gardening season, and that always helps me because I'm a little obsessed with gardening. :D
SeeMyFeet, I have to agree that I think your calories are too low. Maybe your metabolism has slowed right down and that's why the scale isn't moving?
Well, it was weigh in for me this morning and I'm down a pound. I'll take it, but it's not the two pounds I was hoping for. All my own doing of course. Yesterday was not a good day. Work was busy, skipped lunch, dinner was veggies and dip (that parts not too bad), rice crackers and philly smoked salmon spread and a WHOLE bottle of wine! :( Then, just to top it all off, a little piece of nanaimo bar for desert. Calories 1548. On the positive side, I had fun! I had a friend over and I was showing her how to use her new iPhone.
Oh well, today's a new day! Have a good one!

Munchy
01-17-2014, 10:40 AM
I don't know that I'd call it a stall, but more where my body wants to be (but not my mind!). I've stayed at the same weight since college with the exception of that one year where I worked out HARD and it came off in just a few months. It eventually crept back on when I graduated and stopped running and lifting so much. Years later, I got pregnant and GAINED then lost it all in a year. Here I am 5 years later with these same 10 lbs that I can't stand.

I have a bunch of leslie sansone, some beach body videos, a bunch of jillian michael's videos, etc. I just hate them! :)

I honestly don't mind going to the gym. I like it, and I like the environment because I get very little alone time, but my gym is part of my work benefits and has no childcare. I sometimes am able to work through lunch and leave around 5 in order to work out quickly - 15 minutes or so of cardio/warmup/stretching and 30 of weight training so that I can run to pick up my daughter at 6.

Now that I got a promotion (yay!) it's much more difficult for me to get out by 5. As a single mom, it's tough for me.

I feel like I spend every weekend doing yard work, cleaning, laundry, errands, batch/freezer cooking, etc just so I don't need to do anything during the week - there is no more time I can shave off of my day. I have the best routine going. I just need to add in the physical. I hate feeling like I don't want to get dressed in the morning because I don't want to feel how tight my pants may be, or I don't have anything that "looks good."

I did tell my little one that once the days get a little longer, I expect her to come out and walk with me. She was so excited and added in that we'd be walking to the park :)

SeeMyFeet
01-17-2014, 11:49 AM
Here ya go, Munchy: :kickbutt: I need a few of those myself!

Had breakfast yesterday, but then work was so crazy and stressful, I didn't get a chance to eat until 6pm. So calories were low again. Thanks for the concern, guys. I've had a year long, frustrating time with losing weight, and I'm experimenting again: this time with calorie cycling. I've read the research on the timing of metabolic slowdown with caloric restriction, and I'm trying to schedule the Up days to prevent that. And I've given up alcohol 100%. (NY resolution) Gotta figure out how the ole bod is reacting. Today is a scheduled Up day. I'm feeling fine--tired today, but that's more related to lack of sleep and major stress. And I'm good about taking vitamins (NY resolution). I know I'm WAY overdue for a checkup, but I want to try something Extreme for a long time before I go to a physician complaining about being unable to lose weight. I get stressed just imagining the questions related to whether I know how to count or whether I'm mindlessly nibbling while not paying attention. I've been yelled at by enough webpages already! ha

Well, paisleymama, if you can get me there faster, that would be great! I don't know if I'm considered all that curvy. (I do have one big curve at the posterior end. ha) I'm a pear, with a narrow ribcage and waist. Otherwise medium boned with big feet and hands. My highest pre-preg weight was 137 and I wore a size 14 pants then. There are women here who weigh 160 or more and wear a 14--I don't know where they shop!! I don't really pay attention to the goal weight I put down....seems like I'll never get there. I'm trying to get to the two-teens over on that thread. Don't you post over there sometimes?

misspriss78
01-17-2014, 05:44 PM
Hello All,

I've been lurking on this thread for a while. I think I did post in the December thread a few times but I would fall off the wagon and stop posting.

I don't plan on giving up on myself this time and Im here for support and encouragement, of course I will give the same in return:)

This isn't my first time on the band wagon though, back in 2005 -2007 I lost 112lbs by counting calories and exercising like a mad women. I kept it off for over 6yrs before I let life squeeze a wedge between me and my healthy habits. Im learning those healthy habits again and taking baby steps toward a new me.

Ive got my calories set at 1700 a day and I workout at least 4 days a week.

I look forward to getting to know you all:)

skelley331
01-17-2014, 09:27 PM
Here ya go, Munchy: :kickbutt: I need a few of those myself!

Had breakfast yesterday, but then work was so crazy and stressful, I didn't get a chance to eat until 6pm. So calories were low again. Thanks for the concern, guys. I've had a year long, frustrating time with losing weight, and I'm experimenting again: this time with calorie cycling. I've read the research on the timing of metabolic slowdown with caloric restriction, and I'm trying to schedule the Up days to prevent that. And I've given up alcohol 100%. (NY resolution) Gotta figure out how the ole bod is reacting. Today is a scheduled Up day. I'm feeling fine--tired today, but that's more related to lack of sleep and major stress. And I'm good about taking vitamins (NY resolution). I know I'm WAY overdue for a checkup, but I want to try something Extreme for a long time before I go to a physician complaining about being unable to lose weight. I get stressed just imagining the questions related to whether I know how to count or whether I'm mindlessly nibbling while not paying attention. I've been yelled at by enough webpages already! ha

Well, paisleymama, if you can get me there faster, that would be great! I don't know if I'm considered all that curvy. (I do have one big curve at the posterior end. ha) I'm a pear, with a narrow ribcage and waist. Otherwise medium boned with big feet and hands. My highest pre-preg weight was 137 and I wore a size 14 pants then. There are women here who weigh 160 or more and wear a 14--I don't know where they shop!! I don't really pay attention to the goal weight I put down....seems like I'll never get there. I'm trying to get to the two-teens over on that thread. Don't you post over there sometimes?

Seemyfeet:
I'm 5'7 and 58 yrs old and at 170 I'm wearing 10/12 pants, at 160 I wear a size 8/10 depending on the brand, I'm a hour glass shape but at my age I tend to gain all my weight in the mid section so that's been my biggest problem.

skelley331
01-17-2014, 09:29 PM
I don't know that I'd call it a stall, but more where my body wants to be (but not my mind!). I've stayed at the same weight since college with the exception of that one year where I worked out HARD and it came off in just a few months. It eventually crept back on when I graduated and stopped running and lifting so much. Years later, I got pregnant and GAINED then lost it all in a year. Here I am 5 years later with these same 10 lbs that I can't stand.

I have a bunch of leslie sansone, some beach body videos, a bunch of jillian michael's videos, etc. I just hate them! :)

I honestly don't mind going to the gym. I like it, and I like the environment because I get very little alone time, but my gym is part of my work benefits and has no childcare. I sometimes am able to work through lunch and leave around 5 in order to work out quickly - 15 minutes or so of cardio/warmup/stretching and 30 of weight training so that I can run to pick up my daughter at 6.

Now that I got a promotion (yay!) it's much more difficult for me to get out by 5. As a single mom, it's tough for me.

I feel like I spend every weekend doing yard work, cleaning, laundry, errands, batch/freezer cooking, etc just so I don't need to do anything during the week - there is no more time I can shave off of my day. I have the best routine going. I just need to add in the physical. I hate feeling like I don't want to get dressed in the morning because I don't want to feel how tight my pants may be, or I don't have anything that "looks good."

I did tell my little one that once the days get a little longer, I expect her to come out and walk with me. She was so excited and added in that we'd be walking to the park :)

Munchy how tall are you? I don't exercise either, I get all my workouts doing house work and yard work, etc. I have about 3 Leslie Sansone DVD's and I just can't do them anymore

skelley331
01-17-2014, 09:31 PM
Paisley, I do the Leslie Sansone DVDs. There's a fitness videos discussion on here where we post the ones we do. I have seven of them, and mix them up although I love the latest one, Walk to the Party Hits. Three miles. I started with just one mile in July and jumped up to three quickly. Now I walk with 2 lb weights on each hand. At first it felt like I wasn't really doing anything because it is very easy but that was ok, because I hadn't done anything in so long. Also if you don't like those, get a FitBit! I love mine!

Today I hit the 155 goal I had, but I've lowered it to 150. Very grateful to all of you on here who are so supportive and express so many of the feelings I have! When I went to update my ticker it already said 155 so I must have updated it wrong last time! Today are my MIL and FIL birthdays so Thai food out and cake at my house after. My DD is making a Pillsbury Funfetti cake. I looked at the box and icing and was shocked at how much one piece is, or 1/8. We use to cans of icing. 767, jeez, it's not worth that! I had her make a cake because normally we buy a fancy cake at a bakery and I thought this would be lower cal. Oh well, I'm going to just go over today but right back tomorrow. Of course last year eating a 1/8 piece would have been the warmup.

congrats on the 155 goal!! I weigh in tomorrow and I'm so hoping to be out of the 170's, I should be ive done really well this week. :carrot:

skelley331
01-17-2014, 09:34 PM
I've a had great week and great day today!! I weigh in tomorrow and I'm so hoping to be out of the 170's, i'll post results tomorrow, here are my stats from today:
Fitbit stats:
4,313 steps
1.91 miles
1,648 burned calories
1,086 calories eaten
50 fl oz water

:carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:

edoetsch1
01-17-2014, 10:12 PM
Day 20: 1,345/1800
I have not weighed myself in 20 days, but can sure tell the difference in the way my clothes are fitting. I used to weigh myself at work, but now that I am not working I may just break down and buy a new scale. I am still to heavy for the one I have here. Or I may just keep chugging along till I surprise myself by being able to weigh in on the one I got. (it starts at 450)

CalCounter1003
01-17-2014, 10:33 PM
Welcome MissPriss! Glad to have you!

Yay Skelley!!!

Yay Edoetsch! That's a great feeling when your clothes start getting loose! I think chugging along is a great idea! Keep up the great job! :)

Paisleymama
01-18-2014, 03:25 AM
I think I stayed under or just on yesterday after all. Our plans got foiled so we ended up baking some things up in the oven for dinner.

Calcounter - Thanks for sharing. Congrats on 155!!!
Kaarin - A loss is a loss! Some weeks are slower for me than others, I lost 1lb a week over the holidays and I was happy with that. Try upping your activity a little, it might help.

Munchy - That is hard but it sounds like you're doing a great job. Congrats on the promotion! My daughter loves my exercise bike & my son likes to swing off the handlebars haha. Playing at the park can be serious business. I hadn't tried to do the monkey bars in years & when I did recently, I thought my arms were doing to rip out of their sockets!

Seemyfeet - Umm....are we the same person? Seriously. I was just at my physicians in August giving him a rundown on what was going on & my inability to lose weight. I did weight watchers for 6 months and lost a whopping 6lbs. I did C25K for 3 months along with calorie counting - again, nothing. I was very frustrated and my weight kept increasing. That's when he prescribed me duromine, it had been 3 years of consistent effort with no results. It didn't work for me in the way it does for most people, I never felt the extra energy or the decreased appetite but something gave because the scale started moving again, at a normal pace though, nothing serious. I did stop taking them because I didn't see the point in taking something so strong when I wasn't getting the intended result. I have had problems with my thyroid in the past which caused me to gain a lot and my body grabs at carbs big time. Even though it's within a normal range, it's not normal for me and it makes me feel run down a lot of the time.

I'm somewhere between pear and hourglass I think. I wear a size 14 at the moment. I am an endomorph which also explains a lot. I haven't posted in that group yet but I will go check it out now - ETA, can't find it. Could you possibly link it, please? :)

misspriss78 - Hi and welcome. You can do it!

diamond_girl
01-18-2014, 07:55 AM
1566 Calories yesterday, but I also had to shovel snow for 70 minutes (and my back is protesting today) Hopefully I'll be able to use the treadmill today. Also it's my youngest sons birthday party today. Cupcakes in stead of cake make the portion sizing easier ;)

skelley331
01-18-2014, 08:54 AM
Well I weighed in today and guess what? I'm out of the 170's
CW: 169 :yay::yay:

SeeMyFeet
01-18-2014, 12:22 PM
Oh Skelley, what a great feeling to be in a new decade! Hope to do that soon. You lost 112 lb MissPriss? Bless. Your. Heart. (Great southern name, BTW!) Start posting on here and show us how it's done!

OK...I gotta say....this is driving me crazy! Do you guys wear paint-on pants? Goodness gracious, I can't be THAT out-of-proportion! There are not many places for me to shop nearby that carry pants that are long enough for me. My current set of "work" pants (black, of course) are from JC Penny and they are size 22W. (Yes, the dreaded "Women's" section! And haute couture fashion, I know!) I'm happy to say they're finally getting loose. If I lose a few more lbs, I'll have to take them in or toss them. Please tell me this is size inflation!

Goodness Paisleymama, I hope you don't have the difficulties I've had! I signed up on this forum a year ahead of you, and look how little I've lost. I've never been a junk food/fast food eater and, true confession (don't hate me), I lost my sweet tooth after having kids, so eliminating categories of food and avoiding sweets is not a problem for me. (I rarely encounter sweets, actually.) AND I DO COUNT EVERYTHING!! (Golly, DH almost lost his head this morning for asking that one!) Hence the very low cal experiment. SOMEthing has got to help get this fat off!

I didn't get my calories as high as planned yesterday (busy work day with no lunch). Average for January about 1060/day, with no beverage alcohol. And I've lost 2.8 lb in 2.5 weeks. I would think this amount of weight loss could be achieved with a 1200-1400 calorie diet.

.....whatever it takes, ladies, whatever it takes....

CalCounter1003
01-18-2014, 12:43 PM
SeeMyFeet. Too funny that your DS almost lost his head. He'll learn that is not something you ask someone trying to lose weight like my DH learned 30 years ago when he had the nerve to ask if I should eat an ice cream cookie sandwich. Surprised we were able to reproduce after that. We still laugh about how I reacted to that question bc it's out of character for me. :devil: After that, as I have gone up and down, many times, he has never once questioned what I've eaten at least out loud.

I actually had to google paint on pants. Never heard of them. No chance of me wearing that, still trying to figure out why I am buying jeans with holes in them for DD.

Yay Skelley!!! So great when you go down another digit and it's not the last digit!!

DD left this am to fly back to college this morning :( always bittersweet. I can't believe I lost about 3 pounds the month she was home!

Have a good weekend everyone! If you do that trick about parking in a far away spot you will burn a few more calories and you will be leaving it for someone else! Might seem like a little but it adds up!

Munchy
01-18-2014, 01:04 PM
Munchy how tall are you? I don't exercise either, I get all my workouts doing house work and yard work, etc. I have about 3 Leslie Sansone DVD's and I just can't do them anymore

I'm only 5 feet tall, so I'm in an upper normal BMI. I could safely lose another 10-15 lbs. I'm definitely not one of those tiny short women and never have been - I'm built more curvy (37-25-37 measurements). I just want to have thinner arms and legs and those are the hardest places for me to lose. My stomach has a lot of definition, but wearing anything with less than a 3/4 sleeve makes me feel self-conscious. Drives me insane!

SeeMyFeet
01-18-2014, 01:56 PM
whoops: I meant DH (I think of him as "Dear Spouse" or "Trophy Husband"), not my Dear Son. As obnoxious as he might be sometimes (teenagers!), I would not take off the laddies head! (TH, on the other hand, has been warned! REPEATEDLY! not to ask any questions about my dietary habits.) Our poor, poor spouses! ha

buying jeans with holes haha...& paint on pants....I was reading this thread over breakfast with the TH, and I explained to him the intricacies of women's pant sizes. When I compared some of my weights/sizes with your weights/sizes he asked: "what do they do, paint them on?" Made me feel better!

misspriss78
01-18-2014, 08:58 PM
Hello again

Thanks for the welcomes :)

Todays calories are right at 1700. I worked today but managed to get in a 60 min workout afterwards. I did 30 mins of weight lifting and 30 mins of turbo jam:carrot:

skelley331 - congratulations for seeing the 160's!! Thats fabulous.

Paisleymama
01-19-2014, 05:15 AM
Downing my 2nd cup of (black) coffee. Dragging big time today.
Yesterday was fine. I didn't add up all my calories because I am pretty relaxed with the weekends. I tend to eat the same foods all the time anyway so it doesn't make much difference. I had my usual breakfast, green smoothie for lunch and popcorn & a brownie for dinner. Yep, salted movie popcorn. DH and I went to see Wolf of Wall st. I'd say I ended at 1500ish, 200 over my usual goal but fine for an up day.

Diamond_girl - My arms would be killing me!

Seemyfeet - I hear you. I really do. I started in November 2009. The lowest I've gotten since is 180

CalCounter1003 - Sorry to hear your daughter has left again. Gosh, I get sad just thinking about mine going off without me. They really grow so fast.

Munchy - I'm stuck in sleeves, too. And pants. It sucks.

misspriss78 - Great work!

edoetsch1
01-19-2014, 10:18 AM
Day 21: 1,927/1800
A little over yesterday. Went to Ruby Tuesdays for dinner and although my entree petite sirloin w/ spaghetti squash was only 379cal, those dang freshly warm croutons, and honey mustard dressing got me at the salad bar. Who would have thought the salad bar would be my danger zone! I am quite proud that I was able to control my self by not having a snack later in the night since I was already over calories.

kaarin
01-19-2014, 12:11 PM
Good morning! Yesterday I was over at 1505 calories, but I did over 6000 steps and a TON of housework, so I'm hoping I burned off the extra 300 with that effort.

I was just watching a promotional video on a diet supplement called Leptiburn. It talked about the importance of a hormone called Leptin, which regulates your metabolism. Apparently when we diet our leptin levels get low. This is from a review that I read:

"What’s great about this supplement is that increases the amount of leptin (because your levels plummet while dieting) and makes your body sensitive (respond appropriately) at the same time. Leptiburn promises to keep your body optimized for maximum fat loss throughout the entire weight loss process."

I know my metabolism probably is about as fast as a turtle after years of being overweight and not getting enough exercise. I was wondering if any of you have looked at trying a product like this? I'm always skeptical of anything that claims to be a "magic bullet". Thoughts?

Robsia
01-19-2014, 03:39 PM
Had a good weekend. Lost 2.6 lb in two days, which was awesome. My weight had been the same for about 6 days before hand, but two overnight whooshes one after the other were very welcome.

Cals yesterday: 1301
Steps yesterday: 9970 (4.21 miles)
7da: 1324
Average since 1/1/14: 1296

merstopher
01-19-2014, 04:25 PM
Hi all! I may start posting here. I did post in introductions my very first post on this site if you are interested in the background of what got me here ;)

I have been calorie counting since jan 1st... Not a NY resolution, just coincidence that that was the day I stepped on the scale and went WTF?! After my *new* larger pants were getting tighter.

Down 3 lbs this week, despite having a cold, being over calories and nursing a volleyball injury (me vs bleachers) so happy!

This week will be better.

And I broke 300... Yay! :carrot:

Will post my progress with you guys this week :)

CalCounter1003
01-19-2014, 04:52 PM
Great news on the weight losses Robsia and Merstopher! And anyone else I missed! It's so exciting that everyone is starting out the year losing, even if it is slow!

SeeMyFeet - That makes sense it was your DH! I wouldn't yell at my kids for doing that either! LOL

Kaarin - I don't try any of those types of things, as tempting as they are. It just seems like a few years later they find out there is a problem with them. So I just stay away. Someone in my family got extremely sick from "FenFen", not sure if that's the spelling, about 15 or 20 years ago and that was a lesson to me that there is no shortcut worth it. She did lose, but about 6 months or a year later had lung problems, so scary.

SeeMyFeet
01-19-2014, 07:06 PM
Oh...I meant to ask how old your daughter is Edoetsch?

We had a birthday boy this week, too, DiamondGirl. Starting to get weepy at the thought of my babies leaving home!

Don't worry about my DH either, calcounter. I'm not a screamer IRL. My head explodes a lot, though.

I agree with CalCounter, Kaarin. I don't know that product and I don't want to look it up and give their website traffic. I would bet money that the product has not been proven to increase leptin levels. Even if it could, increasing leptin levels (by direct injection of the protein into the bloodstream) has been shown to improve weight loss only in rare individuals who are genetically deficient for leptin. I would save my money--spend it on salad (yum!).

I had an out-of-town work meeting yesterday and again had difficulty getting in enough calories to make an Up day. Woke up feeling like crap today. Probably a combination of trying to get sick, major work stress, calories too low, and not enough sleep. Took some medication, had a nap, and got some more calories in. I think it's working--I absolutely cannot afford to get sick.

Gonna have some more juice to feed my groggy brain and my Fourth (!) cup of coffee.

edoetsch1
01-19-2014, 08:06 PM

She just turned 9. Meals at our house can be a little challenging. My daughter is on a VERY low restricted protein diet, and I am trying to eat more healthy proteins. The one bonus is that her diet requires a lot of fruits and vegetables so we always have plenty of them in the house.

apo9
01-19-2014, 08:07 PM
Wow..I am quite excited to join all you wonderful people.After lurking for 2 months I finally signed up.That took quite a bit of effort cause I am not a tech wizard but here I am.I am very impressed with everyone and their efforts to lose weight.While I lurked I counted calories and kept them to under 1000 every day except a few.My weight dropped from 160 to 145 lb.I am still trying to lose at least 5 more pounds.Three things helped keep me on track and they were whey protein powder,counting calories and drinking lots of water.The whey helped me with the hunger pangs.

edoetsch1
01-19-2014, 10:09 PM
Day 22: 1218/1800
Tried turkey meatballs tonight for the 1st time and they were delicious! So many foods I am tying and learning I like. I told my DH that I may want to try fish again. I have not had any kind of fish since I was a child. I hated it then, so never tried it again as a adult. Any recommendations on kind and how to cook it?

Robsia & merstopher: Awesome job on your weight loss!

SeeMyFeet: Hope you are starting to feel better! Being sick sucks!

apo9: Welcome to the group! Glad you decided to stop lurking and post :) The support here is great!

diamond_girl
01-20-2014, 09:32 AM
I was at 1582 yesterday total snack binge. My weigh in today put me at 157, but I am leary of my non digital scale and I think I'm going to get a digital to be more accurate. My fear is that my scale now is off that when I weigh myself my weight will shoot up and I'll be disappointed and give up. I know, I know, I still lost the original weight, but it will me that I weighed more to start and that I am farther away from my goal then I originally planned. sigh... But this scale now is just bubkiss.

kaarin
01-20-2014, 11:04 AM

I agree with CalCounter, Kaarin. I don't know that product and I don't want to look it up and give their website traffic. I would bet money that the product has not been proven to increase leptin levels. Even if it could, increasing leptin levels (by direct injection of the protein into the bloodstream) has been shown to improve weight loss only in rare individuals who are genetically deficient for leptin. I would save my money--spend it on salad (yum!).

Gonna have some more juice to feed my groggy brain and my Fourth (!) cup of coffee.

Good morning! Thanks for the feedback on the supplement. I think you're right, best to stick to real food! :) However, I have been doing some research on leptin and leptin resistance and it certainly does make sense to be aware of how it can affect you and your weight loss success. SeeMyFeet, after reading up on it I'm even more convinced that your plateau may be because of too few calories so I think it's smart you're doing the "cycling" thing.
Yesterday started out really well. I didn't get outside for my walk, but went of the treadmill instead, so I did get to over 6000 steps. Still a long ways from 10000! However, when I went to the fridge for a glass of water in the evening I saw a box of chocolate covered almonds that had been in my stocking at Christmas and I swear it called out my name!!! :o An extra 400 calories I wasn't counting on counting. Oh well, it's gone now and won't tempt me again. Today is going to be GREAT!

NewKate2014
01-20-2014, 01:24 PM
Hey all,
Haven't posted in a week because I've been so busy with it being my boyfriends birthday. A trip to Edinburgh and three nights of dining out, drinking and partying I really fell off the bandwagon but hey ho ... Monday and I'm right back on it.
I was all ready to go running after work tonight but I've lost my shin sleeves (I get brutal shin splints) so I couldn't go .. turned the place upside down but got so frustrated I gave up looking and decided to do some work stuff instead to calm myself down.

Weetabix breakfast, soup lunch and fish for dinner tonight.
:)
Hope you're all having a great day x

SeeMyFeet
01-20-2014, 01:37 PM
Yes, Kaarin, metabolism/weight loss is complicated isn't it? I'm trying to avoid the slow-down that has been observed after a few days of caloric restriction. Still trying to figure out the right cycle for me--and my schedule/daily activities keep getting in the way. I'm also increasing fiber. Fiber has proven benefits, that include providing a beneficial environment in the gut that favors those bacteria that can promote weight loss. Bran buds for breakfast!

Here's to a new scale diamond girl! :cheers:

Fi-nuh-lee got more calories in. 1482 cals yesterday. (Hey, I should have eaten 10 more and started a journey to a new world.) Still at 1000 for the monthly and weekly averages. Weight went up 2lb. Grrrr. I should have another Up day, but I'm scared...my weekly average weight loss plot is flattening. Gosh, I want this weight off sooo bad.

misspriss78
01-20-2014, 07:29 PM
Hello everybody :)

Just checking in with a really good day. 30 minute power walk and my calories are close to 1700 so yay me! :carrot:

Welcome to everybody new, im a newbie too :)

Good luck to everybody and have a great day. I will check back in tomorrow with personals

Mission Fat to Fab
01-20-2014, 08:02 PM
I measure my food and use the Fat Secret app to calculate my calories and i seem to be eating under 900 calories every single day. i'm not losing any weight either so it's just massively annoying. I eat 4 meals a day with 200g of protein with each meal and lots of vegetables but I don't eat any fruit and snack on just a small handful of nuts. i struggle to get it to 1000 calories though. What am I doing wrong here?

edoetsch1
01-20-2014, 08:11 PM
I measure my food and use the Fat Secret app to calculate my calories and i seem to be eating under 900 calories every single day. i'm not losing any weight either so it's just massively annoying. I eat 4 meals a day with 200g of protein with each meal and lots of vegetables but I don't eat any fruit and snack on just a small handful of nuts. i struggle to get it to 1000 calories though. What am I doing wrong here?

what are some of the things you are eating? 200g of protein each meal?

edoetsch1
01-20-2014, 09:47 PM
Day 23: 1435/1800
Today I made pumpkin muffins and OH MY!! They are fabulous! 143 calories each. I have been busy finding recipes on pinterest that I can not wait to try more of! I also broke down and ordered a new scale. Should be here tomorrow :) Can not wait to see what/if I have lost over these last 3 weeks.

Paisleymama
01-21-2014, 01:46 AM
Low day yesterday - 1027. I made a really nice carrot and coriander soup and had it with a parmesan grilled sandwich made with thin, whole wheat bread. All I wanted was junk yesterday so I tried to steer clear of the kitchen as much as possible. I weighed myself in the morning, no loss, no gain.

edoetsch1 - Good job! I can't do seafood. It's just gross. Every now and then I force myself to down some tuna but it tastes like cat food. I have a lot of bad childhood memories involving seafood dishes, just can't get over it!
& pumpkin muffins, YUM!
kaarin - I've never taken it & don't know much about it
Robisa - That's great :D
merstopher - Welcome to the group and congrats on the loss
SeeMyFeet - I hope you feel better soon
apo9 - Hi and welcome to the group
diamond_girl - I weigh on my wii fit. It's the only thing I use it for! I like that it tracks my progress, BMI etc... I'm not even sure how accurate it is BUT I do know that from whatever weight I started, I'm down 20lbs.
NewKate2014 - Sorry you couldn't find your shin sleeves, I hope they turn up soon!
misspriss78 - Great work!
Mission Fat to Fab - Up your healthy fats and protein. I used to struggle with the same thing when I started out. I couldn't fill the calories in a healthy way. I add coconut oil to my smoothies, throw in a hard boiled egg or extra chicken on low days to meet the minimum. My green smoothie, which has spinach, fenugreek, raspberries, strawberries and apple is just under 200 cals. It's a good gap filler, too.

diamond_girl
01-21-2014, 06:56 AM
1175 in for yesterday. My new scale says I weigh 163.2 and I knew my old scale was off (just didn't feel that weight) so I'm still considered overweight. I've reduced my calories to 1200 a day (from 1500). I'm so depressed, but I knew my old scale was off (it wasn't digital and I could only really guess where that line matched up, plus it was off by 6 pounds) sigh...

Robsia
01-21-2014, 07:16 AM
Morning calorie counters.

Well, I started my new temp job last night. Lots of walking, lots of carrying, and my pedometer knocked up 15817 by midnight, and I was working till 1.30. I've already got 3970 for today already and I have only had breakfast.

Added to that, I dropped another 1.2 lb overnight.

The only problem is, because I'm working nights, my mum is here to look after the kids during the evening and take them to school. I got home at 2.30 am and by the time I had sent off my reports and got ready for bed it was 2.45. I'm sleeping downstairs on the sofa bed and mum is in my bed, and when the heating came on in the morning at 6.30, the radiator in the dining room where I was sleeping started making little noises, enough to wake me up. Then mum and the girls got up and I could tell they were trying hard to be quiet, but I only dozed till they left for school at 8.30, and then I lay there for an hour trying to get back to sleep before finally giving up and getting up at 9.30.

So I got less than four hours good sleep last night, and tonight I will be working longer, probably till about 4am. It's going to be a hard few weeks - I just hope I sleep better tonight.

Cals yesterday: 1248
Steps yesterday: 15817
7da: 1212
Average since 1/1: 1289

Mission Fat to Fab
01-21-2014, 07:26 AM
what are some of the things you are eating? 200g of protein each meal?

200g of lean protein so chicken breast, turkey breast, pork loin, lamb shoulder (which seems to take it up to 1000 calories because lamb is fattier), salmon, cod, sea bass etc.

I have an appointment with an endocrinologist again soon and he wants me to target 1200-1300 calories a day and i'm struggling to get to that amount.

Silverfire
01-21-2014, 09:08 AM
Hi all!

Friday was a wash with pizza for dinner. Worked my @ss off Saturday night, 10 hour shift, 14,000 steps. Did pretty good for food. Had Pita Pit before and after work (Under 400 cal per) But had some pretty heavily mayo loaded broccoli salad at break time. Ended up 200 under. Monday was bang on, 100 cals left. Hoping not to break the chain today :) Happy Tuesday!

SeeMyFeet
01-21-2014, 09:22 AM
Diamondgirl and silverfire: sounds like we have similar schedules! Although i'm doing my best to get to bed earlier, 'cause no matter what, I have to be up at 6:30 to get kids off to school. Early am is the only time i have for housework/bill paying some days.

Thanks for the well-wishes...I'm turning this "sickness" around. It feels like it would turn into a head cold, if i would let it! The extra sleep on Sun helped knock it down.

I estimate 937 cals yesterday. I'll try something different and list yesterday's menu: B: 1/2 C Bran buds w/ 1T Blackstrap molasses, coffee, 8oz choc milk w/ vitamins; L: salad (in 5C container--lettuce, ~1/8C red pepper, 3 slices tomato, 1 boiled egg, 1 sardine, 1 T low cal Ranch); S: 200cal olives D: 1C beef both soup using homemade stock.

1005cals for the month. 986 cals for the week. my 2lb gain from yesterday stuck today, and it looks like I'm in another stall.

kaarin
01-21-2014, 10:18 AM
Good morning!
Had a great day yesterday with calories at 1113 and no wine!!! :D
Oh what a lovely problem to have, trying to figure out how to get in enough calories! SeeMyFeet and Mission, don't you have some favourite, but somewhat nutritious, foods that you can add into your diet? For me that would be cheese, any kind of cheese!
Robsia, congratulations on your great progress! I hope you get some good sleep soon though. Not enough can affect your weight loss.
Tonight a client has invite me for dinner and his wife is an excellent cook. It will be east indian food, so I'm not sure how this is going to go from a calorie counting point of view. I'll have to make sure I save up my calories for tonight to some degree.
Hope you all have a wonderful day! :)

kaarin
01-21-2014, 10:21 AM
1175 in for yesterday. My new scale says I weigh 163.2 and I knew my old scale was off (just didn't feel that weight) so I'm still considered overweight. I've reduced my calories to 1200 a day (from 1500). I'm so depressed, but I knew my old scale was off (it wasn't digital and I could only really guess where that line matched up, plus it was off by 6 pounds) sigh...

You shouldn't be depressed. Even though I know how this dieting thing can wreak havoc on the mind. You've still lost the same amount of weight, had the same degree of success. Plus your picture looks FANTASTIC! :hug:

NewKate2014
01-21-2014, 05:47 PM
I'm a bit annoyed with myself today .. I weighed in this morning and I'm now 4lbs down so far in January (which is pretty poor for 21 days but with my trip to Edinburgh I've just accepted it..) but I was really pleased with not gaining during that time.

Then I went and ruined it this evening picking at my cake and icing mixes (I'm a mega keen baker!) when making cake for a bake sale at work tomorrow...

Such an idiot!

Need to refocus still. I was really good all day .. Need to find a way to control myself in the evenings, any ideas?

K x

SW 191.4
CW 187.4
GW 140

CalCounter1003
01-21-2014, 05:58 PM

So sorry and I completely understand. But as Kaarin said you still did lose the same amount of weight. Yes, now you have six more to go than you thought, but losing is easier than maintaining, IMHO, so now you get more of the easier part! Also, your attitude and feeling was you were in a normal range so just because you are slightly over doesn't mean you don't still look great. The pants you've been wearing are still fitting even though you are six pounds more with that stupid new scale!

I have a similar issue in that I'm not quite sure I am 5'7 anymore. I think I have shrunk. If I'm 5'6" ( or less, eek!) then I'm not normal either but gosh I sure feel it compared to where I was. That's one reason why I lowered by my goal to 150 because then when I reach the 150, and I'm brave enough to measure my height I will still be normal.

edoetsch1
01-22-2014, 12:35 AM
Day 24: 1655/1800
So bummed out that my scale did not come today due to Monday being a holiday. But it will be here tomorrow, so I will look at it as a Birthday gift. Turning the big 35 tomorrow. Sad to think how many years of my life I have missed out on because of my weight. This is my year though! By my 36th, I will be healthy enough to enjoy it!

Silverfire
01-22-2014, 09:07 AM
:woohoo: Right on plan, no junk and 154 under. Rocked the gym yesterday and the scale showed me a really good number this morning. 261.8! That makes my hopes of 250's by Feb that much closer :)

diamond_girl
01-22-2014, 09:20 AM
1185 for yesterday! I will do this!!

SeeMyFeet
01-22-2014, 10:08 AM
Lots of work, struggles, and frustration goin' on here. We can do it ladeeees!!

Is everybody getting a new scale!? Think I'll stick with my oldie. Only measures to the 0.5 lb, but seems pretty accurate--matches the numbers at the physician's office anyway. I've become a scale addict, measuring in the am AND before I go to bed. Used to be much higher at night than am, but nowadays the numbers are about the same. (sometimes higher in the am!?!?!?!?!)

I stick with the same low cal, healthy snack for a while, then switch to something else. Was grapes, then clementines, now it's low-cal peach Activiaaaaaah yogurt. But for some reason, I'm limiting myself to one yogurt per day. Only 60 cals, so I can afford more. I'm trying to think of something a bit more filling, but still very low cal, for evening snack. I stared at cheese last night, but I knew I wouldn't limit myself, and at 100cals per cube, I would hate myself in the morning.

794cals yesterday. This head cold is trying to come back, and I'm more concerned about sleep than food. Hoping to get away from work at a reasonable hour. The scale dipped down! Yay! I think I'm 0.5 below my ticker, but only after my 4th weigh-in (after drying my hair, ha!).

kaarin
01-22-2014, 10:25 AM
Down a pound to 216 even this morning! Today is not my regular weigh-in day but thought I'd check on my progress before Friday, especially when I don't really have a good idea of how many calories I ate for dinner last night.
I was invite to a clients and they served traditional east indian. We had curried chicken, a rice dish, a bean and lentil chill type of thing (called dal), a type of homemade pita bread called roti and salad. I did search indian on MFP and came up with what I think were some of these dishes, but not sure. All of it was homemade and delicious. I missed lunch again yesterday (not on purpose), so I think I was pretty close to my goal of 1200 even though I did have two glasses of wine.
Today I want to mirror Monday and be within my 1200, NO wine, and LOTS of steps! Really hoping to hit 215 for Friday morning.
Next month we're flying into Calgary to spend a long weekend at Lake Louise. This is in order to meet up with some old friends from Ontario who we haven't seen in 8 years. I can't wait. I know I can't get to onederland by then, but I'd sure love to be well under 210. My onederland goal is for when we go to Florida the end of March.
Have a happy hump day everyone! :)

NewKate2014
01-22-2014, 03:01 PM
silver fire great job!
see my feet I love activia yoghurt!
kaarin Indian food can be a really tricky one so you did really well!! Dhal and roti are so good and dhal especially can be really nutritious (depending on the recipe obviously).

I've had an ok day, more calories than I wanted but I made lots of good choices throughout the day, about to sit down with my boyfriend to watch a movie and I'm gonna brush my teeth first to tell my mouth it's time to switch off!

Found my shin sleeves so I can get back to running this weekend, can't wait actually!

Hope you're all having a good day :-) x

NewKate2014
01-22-2014, 03:02 PM
Oh and HAPPY BIRTHDAY for tomorrow Edoetsch!! Have a great day!!

CalCounter1003
01-22-2014, 04:11 PM
The scale dipped down! Yay! I think I'm 0.5 below my ticker, but only after my 4th weigh-in (after drying my hair, ha!).

Lol, I would never step on a scale with wet hair! Or jewelry.

When going to the doctors office (please don't tell me I'm alone here), I don't care how it looks or what the temp is outside, whatever weighs the least that I can fit into, is what I'm wearing. I've never actually weighed the clothes to see which weighs less but if I had a scale that would do that, I'd be tempted!

Another reason to walk, the hazards of sitting! Eeeeek, I'm in one of those bad positions right now. http://apps.washingtonpost.com/g/page/national/the-health-hazards-of-sitting/750/

SeeMyFeet
01-23-2014, 01:15 AM
:bday2you:Edoetsch! You changed your ticker, didn't you??? Got your new scale??

Is it just me, or does everyone else read NewKate's posts with a Scottish accent? Just me? Figures. Love Scotland. Hubs would love to live there. Oh, i meant to ask...your BF got a week long birthday celebration?? Must be Special!!! ooooolala

y'know, CalCounter, that's not the first time I've noticed that I weigh less with wet hair. The scale must need warming up. Or I'm washing some heavy bugs outta my hair. ha.

Today: 1270calories. Calories bumped up due to too much coffee....with half-n-half....not a good expenditure of calories.

edoetsch1
01-23-2014, 07:14 AM
Day 25: 1,556/1800

Thank you everyone for the Birthday wishes! Was a nice day. DH made me dinner. He was super sweet and went on my pinterest and picked a recipe from my "low calorie meals I want to try" board. :)

SeeMyFeet: Isure did get my new scale! Down 9.6lbs. So glad I now weigh in on the same scale weekly.

diamond_girl
01-23-2014, 08:05 AM
First off HAPPY BIRTHDAY for tomorrow Edoetsch!

Thanks for all the support, I could only get on here quickly yesterday to post my calories. Silly children hog the computer. I wish 3fatchicks had an app. I do like the new scale because it's digital and I can actually see the exact number. I'm waiting to schedule my doctors appointment until it show me in "normal" range. There's no way I want overweight written in my chart. My lady doctor lets me get away with not weighing in, but a regular doctor won't.
My picture is OLD, it's when I reached my goal that first time in 2005. I'm keeping it there to help me along.

Calories for yesterday were 1183. Chugging along, but so very afraid to go over that 1200 mark. Before I used to have a "fat" day where the boys and I would hit McDonalds for lunch, I wonder if that actually helps because you never get into that "Starvation Mode" were you bodies metabolism slows down. Silly body, that's not what I want.

Angela

NewKate2014
01-23-2014, 03:02 PM
seemyfeet I'm sorry to ruin the illusion but I'm actually English!! I've lived in Scotland for 5 years now but my accent has only changed a wee bit. :-P and yeah my bf (Ross, solid Scottish name, and is IS Scottish!) got two weekends of fun.. Lucky boy :-P
Edoetsch I love the recipes on pintrest... Infact I love everything about pintrest!! Any recommendations?

I've had a good day, currently at Ross' parents house dog sitting and it's taking all my strength to stay away from the lemon torte that's in the fridge!! Luckily (luckily?!) I have sore wisdom teeth so it's putting me off eating/drinking.

Not exactly sure of my calories today as we had moussaka for dinner here (laden with calories!!) but I'd guess around 1350.
Over the weekend I'm gonna try to stay under 1200, I really want another pound gone by Sunday!

SW 191.4
CW 187.4
GW 140

As I write this I keep thinking that maybe 150 is a more realistic goal for me... More thought required!

Kx

merstopher
01-23-2014, 07:11 PM
Hi all,

Only my second post in this thread! I guess I am lucky because I am a big (tall) guy and have been eating close to 2500 cal/day (MFP recommendation) and exercising quite a bit to boot... Since jan 1 losing just under 1/2 lb/day. Hoping it continues!

Newkate - moussaka... Blek! Bad memories from childhood. I hate eggplant for some reason. ;)

I don't have to worry about wet hair lol... I wish!

CalCounter1003
01-23-2014, 07:52 PM
Then I went and ruined it this evening picking at my cake and icing mixes (I'm a mega keen baker!) when making cake for a bake sale at work tomorrow...

Such an idiot!

Need to refocus still. I was really good all day .. Need to find a way to control myself in the evenings, any ideas?

No you aren't an idiot! You are human and icing and dough are pretty tempting!
What I find works to avoid snacking is by staying busy. Especially where you have to keep your hands clean, like knitting, cross stitching, organizing things like photos (if you own any) or one drawer or closet each might. Learn to do something new, with the exception of baking even better than you already do! ;)

I've read all the Alexander McCall Smith books that take place in Edinburgh and always wanted to visit there. One day I will!

SweetCurves32
01-23-2014, 08:10 PM
Back for the first time in a long time! I was 112 calories under my 1350 limit.

diamond_girl
01-23-2014, 08:25 PM
1168 Calories for today.

CalCounter1003
01-23-2014, 10:37 PM
Here is a little article on the benefits of walking! Even if you go slow and start with a little bit, it will help. Soon you will be walking miles! You don't have to be a speed walker or anything, just walk normally!

https://www.linkedin.com/today/post/article/20140115205125-33236097-why-walking-should-be-your-new-habit?_mSplash=1

I've been right around 1300 all week but been doing 3 mile walks so that still puts me under. No scale movement this week but if I can do 1/2 even every other week, that's fine for the last 5. I'm repeating meals too much! Same lunch all week. I need to mix it up and same dinner 3 nights in a row. It just doesn't bore me, and makes the counting so easy! But I've learned the last few months I lose much better if I mix it up!

Loving my FitBit One! For me it does make me take stairs more and walk more.

Paisleymama
01-24-2014, 12:29 AM
I've sort of hit a rough patch. I think I'm self sabotaging.
My body looks pretty good at the moment and all of a sudden, I'm happy with how I look and I'm less inclined to be thin. I carry the weight pretty well and fit into regular clothing. Not sure what to do... I think I'm going to try and slow down the loss to give my skin a break. I DO want to lose the weight for health reasons, I know I weigh too much and it isn't good.

That being said, I have, more or less, stayed within my calorie range. Haven't logged onto MFP for a couple of days but I am pretty repetitive with my foods so I know what's in most things and I measure out of habit.

Diamond_girl - Don't let it get you down, you've got this!

Robisa - that sounds super stressful. I hope you find your groove with your new routine soon.

Silverfire - Keep at it, you're doing great

kaarin - Well done! Indian food is so, so bad for you unless it's altered to make healthy. Lots of carbs, ghee, nuts, cream. I love it though, I have to make sure I portion control the curry and no butter naan or rice.

NewKate2014 - I hear you. I'd like to think I'm a pretty awesome baker, it's one of my few skills. I had some friends over for morning tea yesterday and it was totally my downfall. Everyone else felt pretty guilty, too, but it was worth it.

edoetsch1 - Happy Birthday!!! Glad it was a good one

Seemyfeet - No new scale here, either. Wii fit from day 1 so that's what I'm sticking with. I'm concentrating on lbs lost, then ultimately I'll switch up scales and find my "true" weight.

mstopher - That's awesome! My husband is 6"2 and 250lbs, he loses much easier than I do and his calorie allowance is around the same amount, even though he's not actively trying to lose weight at the moment & I doubt he's looking at the cals. I just remember from setting up MFP for him.

SweetCurves32 - Welcome back!

CalCounter1003
01-24-2014, 08:34 AM
Nice surprise that I was down 1 pound this AM, after posting last night that I was the same all week.

PaisleyMama - I know exactly what you mean. That didn't happen to me this diet, but all previous diets I would get around 170-175 and feel pretty good. I would fit into a 14 which I am okay with and even though that was still overweight, I just couldn't keep going. When I started this diet in July my goal was 165 but I really didn't think I would get below the 170 because I hadn't been there is over 24 years (pre-kids). I have no idea why this time I got below the 172 and now even lower. I'm still in shock myself over it. Sometimes something just clicks in the brain, or it is the right time in our lives, not sure. But you know your body best and if you think you need to slow down, you are probably right.

Sorry - don't have time to get out individual shouts. But I love reading the losses and how everyone is dealing with the daily struggles! It would be fun on Feb 1st to add up all that was lost by this group in the month of January. :)

SeeMyFeet
01-24-2014, 09:36 AM
Well, Paisleymama, I was thinking the same thing just a few minutes ago while getting dressed in the bathroom with a big mirror. I don't look obese! But standing next to a slim person, I'm sure the difference would be dramatic. However, I KNOW I'm overweight. I have had issues with asthma, RA, sleeping, moving, etc that have improved since I've lost weight. And I know there are major health crises in my future if I don't get this flub off--diabetes, cancer, heart disease, etc etc. Don't give up Paisleymama! We're not there yet!

OK...I was wrong...I'm on a weight loss trend this month!! Two days in a row of losses that put me in new territory. Lowest numbers of the year! Woohoo. Calories are staying around 1000. I can manage that, so I'll stay there and see what happens to the wt loss curves.

Happy Friday, all!

edoetsch1
01-24-2014, 10:01 AM
Day 26: 1,682/2000
I decided to play around with my calorie goal some. When I was at 1800 I hovered around 1400-1500 a day. Maybe at 2000, I will bring up my daily to 1700-1800. Will see how the week goes.

misspriss78
01-24-2014, 10:03 AM
Just wanted to pop in here and say im still doing really well. I wish I had more time for personals.

Yesterday was 1440 calories and a 45 minute step aerobics workout.
Today will be slightly higher calories, around 1600 and I already did a full body free weights workout following a dvd ( Cathe Friedrich Power Hour).

Congrats to those losing GOOD FOR YOU!

have a great day :)

kaarin
01-24-2014, 10:32 AM
Nice surprise that I was down 1 pound this AM, after posting last night that I was the same all week.

PaisleyMama - I know exactly what you mean. That didn't happen to me this diet, but all previous diets I would get around 170-175 and feel pretty good. I would fit into a 14 which I am okay with and even though that was still overweight, I just couldn't keep going. When I started this diet in July my goal was 165 but I really didn't think I would get below the 170 because I hadn't been there is over 24 years (pre-kids). I have no idea why this time I got below the 172 and now even lower. I'm still in shock myself over it. Sometimes something just clicks in the brain, or it is the right time in our lives, not sure. But you know your body best and if you think you need to slow down, you are probably right.

Good morning! Good news is I'm down another pound this morning, my official weigh-in morning. Bad news it was a rough day yesterday - my 22 yr old son was in a car accident. It wasn't a bad one and thankfully he's okay. Very hard on a mom's nerves.
I understand what you mean as well about becoming "comfortable" with your weight and slacking off the dieting. This happened to me last time 3 years ago. I had lost about 50 lbs and was down to 185 wearing size 14. If I had stayed there I would have been okay with that I think, but my problem was that it slowly started to come back. I really hadn't made all the lifestyle changes I needed to make to keep it off. I'm hoping this time with taking it off more slowly and going all the way to my goal, it will ingrain those good habits into my life.
It's supposed to be a beautiful weekend here on the west coast so my goal is to get plenty of walking in. Have a great day everyone - TGIF!

Silverfire
01-24-2014, 11:04 AM
Yesterday was a bust. I stayed up too late, and I think that one of my biggest binge triggers is tiredness. I was trying to stay up and wait for my BF to come home from work and I ended up eating WAY WAY too many dried cranberries and a toasted kaiser bun with too much butter :( Pushed me over by 600 calories or so. The scale was kind enough to stay the same this morning though. I'm going to try for better today!

NewKate2014
01-24-2014, 05:38 PM
calcounter good ideas for keeping my mind off the sweet stuff in the evenings, prior to christmas I was busy stitching christmas decorations so I'll have to find something similar that I enjoy.. I think I'll raid Pinterest for crafty ideas :-) and definitely go to Edinburgh !! It's totally beautiful. If you get the chance download the film "sunshine on leith" it came out this year and it shows Edinburgh in its true light!!

merstopher I love aubergines (as we call them!.. I always thought eggplant was one of my favourite UK/USA translations.. Just makes me think of a tree sprouting eggs!!)

Where about's are you guys all from?

I had a pretty good day calorie wise, (I keep saying that! I need to be saying I had a REALLY good day!) I'm gonna go for a run tomorrow, my first of the YEAR! Now I have found my shin sleeves I should be able to run with a reasonably low risk of my shin splints stopping me again. Really looking forward to it and I know from past experience that I've always struggled losing weight nevermind how little I eat, for me exercise is the only thing that drops the number on the scale.

I'm so glad it's the weekend - turning my alarm off feels so good!! Sleeeeepy!
:-) Kx

diamond_girl
01-24-2014, 08:51 PM
1188 for calories today! I'm going with Dory's attitude. "Just keep swimming" It's hard for me because every time I tell someone I'm counting calories I get the old "what, you don't need to lose weight" um, yes I do, muffin tops rolls and legs rubbing together say that I do, PLUS I feel so large. I'm the one that looks in the mirror in the am and sees what my winter wardrobe hides from you. I wonder if they think they are being complimentary? IDK. I guess I think to much.

long winded rant over...

edoetsch1
01-24-2014, 09:28 PM
Day 27: 1820/2000
Treated myself to a small chocolate shake from McDonald's today. And was surprised at now satisfied I was with a small, since a month ago it would have been a super size. Even planed my calories around it. Also got my hot air popcorn machine delivered. Figured it was a healthier option than the microwaved kind or using oil on the stove. Making small changes here and it seems to be working well.

diamond_girl
01-24-2014, 09:38 PM
I do that edoetsch1. I know that I'm going to indulge so I plan the rest of the day around it. Then I get the nom nom and still stay within my calories.

NewKate2014
01-25-2014, 08:57 AM
Morning all!!
I'm feeling mega perky this morning lol. Went for a run first thing, went around 4.5km. It was really hard going because I am so out of the habit but I'm looking forward to going 3 times a week again :-)
I'm also another 1.6lbs down this morning! Woohoo! 185.8lbs. That's 5.6lbs gone since the start of January. I'd really like to have met my mini goal of 7lbs lost by the end of the month.

Going out tonight for a burns night supper - haggis, neeps and tatties!! (That's haggis, turnip and potatoes to you non-Scottish folk lol) so I will be going for mimimum potion size, skipping on the alcohol and making up for it over the rest of today same as you guys diamondgirl and edoetsch :-)

Hope you all have a great day!

SeeMyFeet
01-25-2014, 12:33 PM
oh my! newkate! I would have to pack a basket for that supper!

Eggplants are pretty plants, and I love the color. Even better than the "egg"plant is the brain tree: http://www.sierrapotomac.org/W_Needham/Osage_Orange_041114.htm (osage orange tree). The fruit looks like greenish brains!

Still keeping calories around 1000-1100. And the slope on my excel graph is going steadily downward, so I'm loathe to change anything.

Keep swimmin' everybody!

CalCounter1003
01-25-2014, 03:42 PM
Edoetsch - That's what I LOVE about calorie counting! We can choose to have something like a shake and just adjust the rest of the food. Also, if you overeat one day, it's not like you are really going to gain a pound unless you ate 3500 calories over what you burned! I have been on so many diets with weird restrictions. Even though I did South Beach (several times!) I always thought it was ridiculous I could eat a bunch of meat and not an apple. And a year ago I was doing the 17 Day Diet and there was this rule that you couldn't eat any of your few tiny carbs after 2pm. So teaching all day, of course, I would forget to eat before 2! So when the kids left at 3, I'd eat the apple, or whatever and feel like I blew the diet! You are doing great! :hug:

Kaarin - Sorry about your son and thank goodness he was okay! My kids are 23 and 20, and my DD, 20, had a small wreck the week of her HS graduation. She was okay except for being sore, but it was SO scary to get that call. DD lives in NYC now and although I worry about her, because we never stop worrying, I don't have to worry about her getting in a car accident (unless she's in a cab I suppose - which she can't afford!!). When my DS was in college he had a car with him and it was just a constant worry. You are lucky like me to be in an area where the whether is nice so get your walking in! :carrot:

Silverfire & everyone else! Regarding you eating because you stayed up late... I am listening to WillPower (http://www.amazon.com/Willpower-Rediscovering-Greatest-Human-Strength/dp/0143122231) . I guess it was a best seller but I had never heard of it. I like to listen to books in the car on the way to school and so does my DH. He listened to it and gave it to me. Anyway, there is a section on how when we lack sleep our will power is diminished! That is SO me. Also a big section on PMS and what that does to us. I know it's just these author's opinion and research but it is very interesting. I only get 5-6 hours a sleep during the school year M-F and then I sleep a lot on the weekends. I am going to really try to get to bed earlier this week! During the summer, I naturally stay up until 1am or later and sleep in. My poor DH gets up and gets out while I sleep through it all. One small advantage of teaching! Anyway, I'm only 1/3rd through the book but it is quite interesting and my DH says there is a section on dieting. A lot of it is stuff we already knew but there are some enlightening things brought up.

NewKate - I'll look for that movie! Love foreign films! Haggis - doesn't sound good to me but the junk we eat in America probably doesn't sound good to you! :D

Diamond-Girl - yes what is the deal with people telling us what we should weigh! I am having that start to happen to me now. I NEVER tell anyone that they don't need to lose more. I just say "you look great". I have several teachers I work with who keep commenting on my weight and it is a little bit uncomfortable. I think they mean well, but I want to just be invisible. I'm doing it just for me to be healthy and feel good. When they say something I usually dismiss it except for to say "thanks I feel great". I think I am just more sensitive to the comments because I have been dieting for more than half my life! :(

SeeMyFeet- Great that the scale is moving! So glad!!! I know you were frustrated for a while. It will come off! I don't think I want one of those fruits.

Merstopher - awesome job losing 1/2 a pound a day! You are lucky to be tall! My DS is 6'7" and my DD is 6'2"! DH is 6'4", although I think he has shrunk because my DD is just about even with him.

My scale actually said I was down another pound today but I think it was because I slept SO late. So I'm not recording it. Plus, it is impossible (for me at this point) to go down a pound Friday and then Saturday. Today is DD's birthday and he wanted a carrot cake from a local bakery. I tried to look up the calories and it said about 700 per slice. I'll eat a piece because we have this silly rule that you have to eat birthday cake for good luck. It's not my rule, it's my MIL's rule and she is a food pusher so I think that's why she made it up. She means well... but you know how it is! She's great though! Carrot cake doesn't temp me, I only like CHOCOLATE desserts! :D

Have a great weekend everyone! Walk a little bit! Just one mile will help! :carrot:

FatAbbi
01-25-2014, 04:34 PM
I have just started calorie counting day 8 today.

Cal/carb/protein/fat
1311/128/63.5/57.7
1266/99.5/54/65.7
884/101.7/36.1/92.2
1093/113/43/44
835/106/31.5/30.4
1332/116.8/61.9/53.7
1179/145.4/58.7/42.4

I am obsessing on labels and find myself stopping from eating if I have to write it down. Portion control is harder than I thought. 50lbs to go. I will do this!

diamond_girl
01-25-2014, 07:33 PM
1398 today, but I shoveled snow for 170 minutes (OMG, my shirt was soaked under my jacket and sweatshirt) The stupid snow was drifting so there were places that had almost a foot of snow. I have a two car drive with a rear entry garage that has a huge parking pad. I thought I would never be done. LOL afterwards I soaked in the bath with Epson salts.

CalCounter: OMG 700 for a slice. I don't like carrot cake, but what in the world so they put in there??
Kate: Haggis? is that an acquired taste?
Abbi: what were you doing before you started calorie counting?

FatAbbi
01-25-2014, 08:28 PM
I did medifast for 55 out of the 79, and straight Atkins fir the other 24.

MarliQQ
01-25-2014, 09:53 PM
Just now discovering this thread, but counting calories has done well for me in the past two months. I started out the month at 1650cals, bumped up to 1750 mid-month, and I am back down to 1500cals until I lose my next 5lbs, and then after that will go back up much slower this time. Yeah I do a lot of jumping around :D. But it appears to work for me right now--I'll tell you when it doesn't ;). Today I was able to stay under 1500cals, I even indulged a bit, we had takeout from a local Jamaican restaurant. I am currently as of today at 229.1 and really hoping I see below that tomorrow :carrot:.

FatAbbi
01-26-2014, 11:10 AM
It's time consuming but seems to keep me focus.

Robsia
01-26-2014, 12:06 PM
I'm so annoyed - had a fantastic few days where I seemed to lose a pound every day, but now it's stalled and I've been the same weight for 4 days. Just gotta keep on plugging. I know it'll drop soon - I've been super good.

Cals yesterday: 982
7da: 1129
Average since 1/1/14: 1249
Steps yesterday: 8329 (weekends are always less as I don't work and I don't take the girls to school)
7da steps: 13725

edoetsch1
01-26-2014, 01:01 PM
Day 28: 1,641/2000
A great day yesterday!

SeeMyFeet
01-26-2014, 01:45 PM
Edoetsch, grrrrrrl, you are doing so well! I see you changed you're ticker again....isn't that the funnest thing to do!?!

Welcome Fattabbi! You've picked some regimes that I would find HARD! But you can't argue with success!

Mornin' MarilQQ! I'll keep looking at that 1lb of yellow, waxy fat on your avatar (and avoid looking at the word: "snickers").

Yesterdays calories 1037
7 day average: 1096
Jan average: 1025
56day average:1163........hmmmmm creeping up a bit

edoetsch1
01-26-2014, 03:58 PM
Edoetsch, grrrrrrl, you are doing so well! I see you changed you're ticker again....isn't that the funnest thing to do!?!

Thank You!!!
I did! I decided that my weigh in's will be on Sundays. I do like watching that ticker go down!

FatAbbi
01-26-2014, 11:00 PM
Weightloss has been the most difficult thing ever for me. I love food and eating. I love the social part of it and the emotional bandaid. I have had lots of therapy while doing this which for me, is why I have successful this time.

diamond_girl
01-27-2014, 07:21 AM
1407 for me yesterday, but I stopped my emotional eating there. Didn't open the boys box of twinkies and hunker down over them. So that's good. Also the scale says I'm at 160.4 so I lost 2.8 lbs this week. Always a good way to keep me from over eating. Great job on the loss Edoetsch. I understand the emotional bandaide Abbi.

Paisleymama
01-27-2014, 08:44 AM
Although I haven't been super good, I'm down another 2lbs from my weigh in 8 days ago. I have been conscious of what I'm eating for the most part, I'm in my little rut so what's in the fridge is usually healthy.

Sorry for the drive by posting today. I just wanted to say I'm not giving up! Just being a little looser than I was for the first 20lbs. I know I shouldn't be and I need to try harder. I'm just SO drained. 3 hours sleep each night for the last...I don't know how long.

I'm 1/3 of the way there, I can do this two more times.

Silverfire
01-27-2014, 09:17 AM
Ugh. Friday and Saturday were pretty not good. Costco Poutine on Friday, Mud Pie on Saturday. Sunday was right on plan though, and I have most of the rest of the week planned out so I should be good to go!

kaarin
01-27-2014, 10:19 AM
Congratulations on all the success' out there! :bravo:
Silverfire, I can relate. Yesterday was not the best day for me either - had a few too many glasses of wine PLUS a piece of cheesecake for desert. I was at almost 1700 calories for the day.
However, Saturday was GREAT! I did almost 9000 steps. DH and I went on a long walk as it was such a beautiful day. Also, yesterday I didn't do as many steps but did work out in my garden a bit and cleaned up one flowerbed. My tulips are up about 4 inches!
I'm going to be VERY good today to make up for that cheesecake.

edoetsch1
01-27-2014, 11:41 AM
Day 29: 1,577/2000
Calorie counting is now becoming very routine for me. I love all the new recipes I am trying. My fitness pal has been huge in helping me figure out calories in recipes. Tonight its shredded BBQ Chicken! :)

SeeMyFeet
01-27-2014, 11:44 AM
1227 cals for me yesterday. Made pork chop medallions with garlic/tomato/caper sauce. My DS ate Four! (but they were small cuts) And I ate 2 with veggies. That was all i had for dinner, but a bit late in the day, so the weigh-in this morning was up.

My trajectory right now calculates to a 1lb loss every 5 days, or 1.4lb per week. It's consuming a lot of brain power to lose at this fairly low rate....I hope hope hope I can keep it up for as long as I need to....One week at a time.

I hear ya on the lack of sleep, Paisleymama. I'm usually struggling for sleep for the first three quarters of the year.....not so much this weekend because I went on strike (to help improve my head cold). My weekend routine helped me feel better, but also made me severely dread Munday.

Let's get through this week together, ladeeees!!

NewKate2014
01-27-2014, 04:04 PM
Hey all, sorry for going AWOL over the weekend, I was mega busy!
Had a pretty good weekend, after running Saturday morning I kept on calorie track all weekend including eating out! (Minus the haggis which yeah diamond girl is definitely an acquired taste!)
Today I ran 4.5k after work (-533kcal according to mapmyrun, not sure I trust it on its calorie burn to be honest, anyone have an opinion?) and I'm at just over 1200 kcal on my intake.
Not going to run tomorrow but I'll run on Wednesday :-) trying to stick to just Monday, Wednesday, Saturday at the moment and I'll up that later on.

Weigh in tomorrow morning, really hoping for a loss!

seemyfeet going slow will definitely be worth it!

Edoetsch BBQ chicken sounds awwwweesome!

Have a great day all!

CalCounter1003
01-27-2014, 10:10 PM
Diamond girl, wow 2.8 in a week is great! Great job ignoring the twinkees. Those wouldn't tempt me at all, but chocolate, eeek!

Edeotisch, my spell checker keeps fixing your name on my iPad, so ignore any weird spellings! It's awesome that you are in a calorie counting routine and finding new recipes! Although I'm sort of in a little rut on making the same things right now, they are all new as of when I started this journey in July. MyFitnessPal is great and although it feels like overkill somedays to list everything it is so helpful. Even when I go over by a lot I list it on MFP because it will still show that you will have a loss in five weeks.

Silverfire, I had never heard of that Costco food. Looked it up, oh my, sounds dangerous. I stay away from their snack bar because when I gained 20 pounds in a few months last year I had started eating those vanilla bars with chocolate on them from Costco. Can't even imagine the calories on those! Although that was just a sliver of what I was eating. :o.

Paisley, yay! You can do it! That sounds like a good way to look at your journey, you are 1/3 there, even further actually! And if you are starting to feel good now, imagine how the next few pounds will feel.

Abbi, I think most of us can relate to those feelings. When I'm on a gaining spree I know exactly what I'm doing. I had some major stress the beginning of last year and in 2011 and I knew I was eating out of stress which wasn't solving a single thing. But I didn't have any other coping mechanisms. I am using walking to cope now. One day at a time!

Even though I'm trying to not have artificial sweeteners the one thing I am enjoying is a diet hot chocolate, 25 cals and I usually put in a little sugar free whip cream. That along with hot tea, is helping curb my appetite. I've found some great teas that I don't need to add anything to. Today was good for me but I need to mix up my meals more. Having said that I pretty much have the week planned out and it's the same almost as last week, oops.

Paisleymama
01-28-2014, 02:23 AM
The lack of sleep came to bite me in the @$$ this morning. We were all late and now it's thrown the day off. Tonight's dinner is steak and vegetables. I'm a big fan of light cuts of red meat so it's a good day. Lots of boiled eggs, carrots & fruit in the fridge. Off to make my smoothie shortly. I logged into MFP this morning as well.

Silverfire - Glad you've got your plan for the week, it's always easier not having to guess or think about what you're eating.

kaarin - Good job on the activity! I love tulips, I wish I had a garden to work in!

edoetsch1 - Sounds yummy! I have shredded chicken nearly every day, haha. I do the weight watchers version, cook up 8 breasts and I'm good to go.

SeeMyFeet - Well done! I only lose 1-2lbs a week but it all adds up!

NewKate2014 - I love my polar watch, it's nice to get some accuracy. Though I wouldn't mind a fitbit. Do you have anything with a heart rate monitor?

CalCounter1003 - I try not to artificially sweeten as well but I DO have a diet coke or two a day. Eventually I will cut that out but it's amazing how sweet natural items taste after a while. Some things are super sweet to me now and my DH says I'm crazy!

NewKate2014
01-28-2014, 03:57 AM
paisley no I haven't got a heartrate monitor, that would be a good addition to my kit though. What's a polar watch?

I feel a bit disappointed today, I though I might be 0.5lb down this morning but I was 0.2lb up!! I know numbers aren't everything but it's still disappointing. Just got into work and thought I'd check in with you guys because I'm feeling really stressed! I'm a teacher, currently in my "probationary year" (first year of teaching in Scotland) and I'm being observed by the headteacher this morning. I normally don't feel stressed by the HT but today I do! I think it's because I hope she might offer me a job at the end of the year lol.

Anyway, I'll check in again tonight when hopefully I feel a little less antsy!!

Have a great day all!

diamond_girl
01-28-2014, 07:35 AM
Good Luck Kate, I'm sure you'll do GREAT!! I was at 1156 for calories, under yay! This weekend is going to be a calorie filled weekend. Night out, birthday cake (again) etc. So my goal is to be low low low for the week to make up for it.

SeeMyFeet
01-28-2014, 09:27 AM
miscalculated a bit for Sunday. Monday was around 1000cal--high fiber cereal, salads, yogurt, apple&low cal cheese snack. I think I might be seeing a regular pattern to the daily weigh-ins. Wouldn't predictability be nice? I may be losing slowly, but it's taking all the energy I can muster!

Good luck, Kate! It can be unnerving to have someone look over your shoulder. Just show those babies some love! (no matter how old they are!)

Silverfire
01-28-2014, 09:32 AM
Nailed it! 200 under and worked hard at the gym. Woo! Only questionable food item was a slice of toast with a bit of cinnamon and sugar sprinkled on top...

edoetsch1
01-28-2014, 10:49 AM
Day 30: 1,531/2000
Good luck Kate! You will do just great! Everyone is doing awesome! Reached a NSV today by logging food for 30 days in a row :) New goal is to log for another 30!

NewKate2014
01-28-2014, 05:48 PM
My observation went well thanks everyone! And I was good with my calories today even though I was baking! So two achievements today.

diamond nights out are a pain for calorie counting, are you staying off alcohol or are you working it into your plan?
seemyfeet I can't believe how unpredictable my losses are.. Hoping to see a bit more consistency soon!
silver nice one busting the cals at the gym, what sort of training are you doing?
Edoetsch well done with the logging!! I've been logging around 5 days of the week, need to go back to doing the full 7!!

I'm exhausted - off to bed!!

Thanks again for the support everyone!

diamond_girl
01-28-2014, 08:57 PM
No alcohol for me, I hate drinking my calories. LOL I'll be able to drink again once I've lost the weight. Really, those drink calories add up!

edoetsch1
01-29-2014, 12:06 AM
Day 31: 1895/2000
Hope everyone had a great day!

Paisleymama
01-29-2014, 06:38 AM
Looks like I'll be at about 1300 cals after dinner. I'm tired and cranky, it's hard to stay within the range at the moment. I feel like I need to eat more to compensate for the lack of sleep but I also don't want to bust my calories. Ugh. I've got to do some food prep but no time so choices are a bit limited. I logged in housework yesterday, out of curiosity, and it's amazing what it actually can add up to! I won't be logging it as real exercise but it was interesting, I've done 3-4hrs worth of continuous, moderate cleaning today so hopefully I can justify hitting 1300 instead of 1200. I'm just soooo tired :(

NewKate2014 - That's nothing, don't sweat it! You could have peed a little more and lost it :) Here's a link to the POLAR WATCH (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Polar-Heart-Monitor-Sports-Watch/dp/B005O9JJVI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1390991627&sr=8-1&keywords=polar+watch) I like mine, I know that my burned calories are accurate.

diamond_girl - Well done! Weekends are always a bust for me.

SeeMyFeet - I hope your hard work pays off with a big loss! I know what you mean, it can get exhausting.

Silverfire & edoetsch1- Right on!

diamond_girl
01-29-2014, 07:52 AM
1083 calories for me last night. I had a late dinner due to the boys having a late drum lesson and me deciding that if I didn't do the 30 minutes on the treadmill right when I got home, I wasn't going to get them done at all. So the calories I had set aside for evening snacks didn't happen.

Paisleymama: I'm sorry your not getting the sleep you need. I hope what ever is causing it ends soon.

Have a good day everyone.