20-Somethings - Losing it in 2014 Challenge!

View Full Version : Losing it in 2014 Challenge!

jayohwhy
12-26-2013, 06:09 PM
Hi everyone! I'm a regainer who is looking to lose the weight for good. Instead of rushing it, I've decided to give myself a year to lose the 64 lbs I would like to lose.

Would anyone else like to join me? Perhaps we can check in and give eachother support.

Starting weight: 178
Goal weight: 115

OhThePlaces
12-26-2013, 06:29 PM
I'm a regainer too. I was at goal (128) this time last year, and I've put on 30 lbs. I've discovered that I'm a great loser, but an even better gainer. Hoping to learn how to lose and maintain this year. :)

LittleKitty
12-26-2013, 06:34 PM
I am also a regainer. I am going on a Caribbean cruise in either April or May with my husband's whole family. I would love to be down to my goal weight of 128by then and maintaining.

Current: 142
Goal: 128

dizzydolly
12-26-2013, 06:42 PM
ive been gaining and losing and regaining most of my life but heho , fresh new start for 2014 , less food , less laziness , less excuses , resulting in a slimmer , fitter , happier me :)

Meeel4121
12-26-2013, 07:08 PM
I'm a another regainer.

2013 was a stressful year for me. I've regained 7kg from a 15kg loss due to stress eating, injury and an overseas holiday. Christmas was just another layer of icing on a very delicious cake :-)

Hoping to lose 5kg before I start full time work in Feb (eek!) and a min 10kg before my university graduation in May. Ambitious, I know. But I need a kick up the butt, because I'm having trouble getting my head in the game.

amerrylife
12-26-2013, 08:20 PM
I regained a bit too last year. I'd love to finally get to my goal in 2014. It's long overdue if I'm honest with myself.

I'm starting at around 210 and want to get to 155 next year, which will be 100 lbs from my highest weight ever.

Melonlefey
12-26-2013, 08:32 PM
I regained a bit this last semester (it was a stressful semester), and I'm hoping to lose as much as I can before Spring Break this year, and I would REALLY like to finally get to goal this year. I'm totally on board :)

Starting: 180 lbs Goal: 145 lbs

Weight down
12-26-2013, 08:40 PM
I have gained 15 pounds that must come off! My son is getting married in June! I want to get back to where I was for the wedding and also for myself!

seaurchin
12-26-2013, 10:00 PM
My weight has continued to go downwards in the last four years. However, it has been, it seems, forever slow. I want to finally reach goal weight by the end of 2014.

Starting Weight: 185
Goal Weight end of 2014: 130.

Challenge 1: Valentines Day -10 lbs --remained the same at 185
Challenge 2: July 4th - 20 lbs
Challenge 3: September Labor Day -10 lbs
Challenge 4: Halloween -10 lbs
Challenge 5: New year's Even total weight loss of -40

jayohwhy
12-27-2013, 03:49 PM
I've discovered that I'm a great loser, but an even better gainer.

hi! I've found that compared to how easy it is for me to gain, I'm a terrible loser!

I am going on a Caribbean cruise in either April or May with my husband's whole family.

Hi! I think you can totally make your goal. My birthday is in may so I'd love to have made some progress by then too!

ive been gaining and losing and regaining most of my life but heho , fresh new start for 2014

right! time to start fresh. I'm trying to get down about where I am but instead focus on healthy habits.

Ambitious, I know. But I need a kick up the butt, because I'm having trouble getting my head in the game.
I'm totally with you on that, I'm trying to get my motivation back instead of feeling like a failure

I regained a bit too last year. I'd love to finally get to my goal in 2014. It's long overdue if I'm honest with myself.

the 100 goal is totally on my list too. we can do it!

I regained a bit this last semester (it was a stressful semester), and I'm hoping to lose as much as I can before Spring Break this year, and I would REALLY like to finally get to goal this year. I'm totally on board :)

nice to have you! i think it's way more motivating to be able to support each other

I have gained 15 pounds that must come off! My son is getting married in June! I want to get back to where I was for the wedding and also for myself!

wow, congrats to your son! We are all in this with you-- definitely doable!

My weight has continued to go downwards in the last four years. However, it has been, it seems, forever slow. I want to finally reach goal weight by the end of 2014.

yeah! let's do this! Let's get to goal! :cheer3::cheer3:

Psychic
12-28-2013, 09:25 PM
Start Weight: 195
Current Weight: 173
Goal Weight: 150

I would like to lose the last 23 (or more) pounds this year. That is exactly the same amount I lost this year. I need to get back on the wagon, track my calories, and start going to the gym more.

Challenge #1: 165 by March 12th (my birthday)

Sakai
12-30-2013, 01:30 PM
the start of 2013 was great! I lost lots of weight. But in June I fell off my wagon and got ran right over. in these last 6 months I've gained just over 20 pounds. So I would love to start off the new year by dropping those 20 pounds and then keep going. My man and I got tickets for christmas to visit family in Atlanta at the end of May. I've never been so far East and my man has never been on a plane, so we're super excited.
Starting at 245
Atlanta trip in May: 225
2014 goal: 200
Goal weight :180

SallyLa
12-30-2013, 02:21 PM
I would love to join your guys challenge.

In 2012 I lost my job due to panic disorder and had a year of depression eating which spiked my weight up to 194.

In 2013 I managed to get down to 165.

In 2014 my goal is to get down to 125 (Mostly muscle) so that I can regain my life and my confidence.

I tried dieting with friends but they all dropped off the wagon, and I really do better with friends.

Feel free to email me/message me and if we get to know each other I would love to text so that we can keep an eye on each other! Man that sounded creepy...I meant more of a motivational set lol

levoguette
12-30-2013, 03:02 PM
Hello all! I would love to join in!

I'm currently in my early 20s and in college, which does not make dieting easy, considering I have to figure out dorm friendly diet food or eat from a meal plan!
In June 2013, I officially started my weight loss. Six months later I am 50lbs down, although with the holidays I've been jumping between 2-3 lbs on the scale. My dream ultimate goal weight is 130-135 or just having flat abs, whichever comes first. :lol: But I know that to reach that I would have to probably maintain a very strict workout schedule, which I know is not in the cards for me right now considering school. So for 2014, I would really hope to reach my more realistic/attainable goal weight which is 160.

SW: 230 / GW: 160

empresslotus
12-31-2013, 06:24 PM
So here I am again….this has ben a life long thing loss weight, gain weight, lose weight…..I will be 40 next November and my goal is to be in the best shape of my life. I workout but I over eat and even binge at times. I'm ready to be in control of this aspect of my life for good. The last few weeks I have totally been stress eating. I was doing so good but my self sabotage runs so deeps as soon as I see progress, I do something to throw it off, namely emotional eating.

I was thinking about joining weight watchers but honestly, I can do what weight watchers does….using my fitness pal..right? What I really want to join it for is the support groups. So needless to say, it is not off the table. But I'm hoping to just find a group of cool chicks, who we can work together to keep each other fabulous!!

I generally, do low carb….but recently it's been lots of holiday sweets. I leave for Hawaii in four days so, Its too late to use that as an excuse to get it together…..anyways…out with the old and in with the new!! I hope you will join me!!

Current weight: 185
Goal: 160 for good!!!!

empresslotus
12-31-2013, 06:32 PM
I will totally join you!

EmL314
01-01-2014, 05:31 AM
Hi everyone!

Wow, first post! I'd love to join this challenge. After peaking at 260 pounds in high school, I reached my goal weight of 140 pounds in grad school. After grad school, I joined the Peace Corps. I'm currently serving in a small village in sub-Saharan Africa. Due to several factors, including the fact that the food choices here are extremely limited, it's WAY too hot to exercise from 5:30am-12am, and the death of an immediate family member during my service (which resulted in depression-induced binging), I re-gained a lot of weight.

I'm currently at 189 pounds. By the end of 2014 I'd like to at least be at the weight I was when I first began my Peace Corps service in June 2012: 148 pounds.

Good luck everyone!

Changergirl
01-01-2014, 06:20 AM
I don't have a ton of weight to lose but I'd like to join this too. I want to make sure I'm staying accountable even after I hit my goal.

The first half of 2014 is going to rough on my weight wise. I'll be travelling for a full 3 months and I know it'll make losing weight difficult. So even though I only have 10 pounds to lose I may be re-losing some of it once I'm home for good in July.

Hopefully this will keep me accountable for the whole year.

Quiet Ballerina
01-01-2014, 03:19 PM
I've regained too. Need the accountability of 3FC so I'm hoping this thread stays strong! :)

My goal weight is tentative -- it's been quite a while since I saw anything close to that -- and I'll have to check in tomorrow with my starting weight. I think my happy little carrots are going to have to disappear. :(

Excited for the new year and new goals!

hawksgal12
01-01-2014, 04:17 PM
I'm in! I have to drop a whole person (180 pounds) to reach my goal weight! I really like the idea of mini goals and having a support group to keep me accountable!

Starting weight 320
First mini goal 295
Goal weight 140

MrsDeenz
01-01-2014, 09:15 PM
I'd love to join in. I'd like to lose about 50 lbs or so overall. This time next year, I want to be at goal weight. :)

OhThePlaces
01-01-2014, 09:36 PM
Hard to believe it's 2014...I hope everyone had a great New Year's Day! I got back home today after over a week of vacation out of town. It feels good to be back in my own environment and able to grocery shop. I will weigh in tomorrow to get an official (re)starting weight... Not gonna lie, I'm nervous because it won't be pretty!

On a good note, I made good food choices today (a huge green smoothie for breakfast, turkey toast and a pear for lunch, and veggies and pasta for dinner, with some fruit and yogurt for snacks) and walked on the treadmill for 45 minutes this evening (3 miles). I also met my Fitbit daily goal of 10,000 steps.

Deana509
01-01-2014, 11:42 PM
I would like to join!

Current Weight: 266.8
Goal Weight: 170

3LMCM
01-01-2014, 11:48 PM
I'm so there with you guys in this one. I'm a regainer as well. :(

I was at my lightest back in March of 2013/176. I remember posting it on Facebook and bragging to everyone about my success…

Months later….
I'm at 197. It sucks.

Let's make 2014 a year of success and reach our goals together!

Quiet Ballerina
01-02-2014, 08:03 PM
Well, *sad trombone* I was correct -- goodbye (for now) to my happy dancing carrots. I hope to see them again very soon!

jayohwhy
01-03-2014, 05:44 AM
Wow! It's so encouraging to be in this together with you guys!

Just got back from a Vegas vacation with the husband and I tried to count calories, plus, we walked lots, according to my fitbit.

I've tried everything. This time I read the book "French women don't get fat" and am going to follow the tips and "plan" in there. I'm excited because so many of the things she said in there made sense and I would love to incorporate not just weight loss but good habits...

Daimere
01-03-2014, 06:40 AM
I'm in.

My goal is to get as close to 175 as possible. So that's about 50 pounds. So around a pound a week. I'm 26, just divorced, work as a CNA.

ralucax
01-03-2014, 07:02 PM
Hey everyone ! Happy new year ! I need to lose 40+ pounds by the end of the year.
I also need to be less lazy and not eat after 8pm.
We´re gonna make it ! I know it ! I´ve been struggling with my weight my whole life, but 2014 it´s my year haha. I mean .. it ends in 4, like my age : 24.
I read all of your stories, good luck everyone :)

lisa4621
01-03-2014, 07:48 PM
I want to lose 36lbs (minimum) in 2014.

SW (1st Jan 14) = 156lbs
CW (28th Oct 14) = 140lbs

lbs lost in 2014 =

NewKate2014
01-04-2014, 01:15 PM
I'm in!

Currently 191, aiming for 140. Aim for January is to hit: 183.

2014 is going to be the year to get my confidence back!!

Kate.

Quiet Ballerina
01-04-2014, 03:37 PM
How's everyone doing so far?

I'm excited because so far my weight is slowly going down each day. Down almost a pound in two days!

amerrylife
01-04-2014, 06:26 PM

I'm excited because so far my weight is slowly going down each day. Down almost a pound in two days!

That's great!

I'm doing well too. Slowly losing so far this month. Today I worked out at the gym and walked my dog and ate well so I'm hoping for continued losses. :)

NewKate2014
01-05-2014, 05:40 AM

Feeling good so far! Keeping a detailed food journal is enlightening and really motivating!
Anyone else keeping a food journal?

Just weighed in and I'm 1lb down! Woohoo! First lb GONE!!

Changergirl
01-05-2014, 08:30 PM
Hey everyone. Glad a few of us are losing weight already! I got a FitBit for xmas, it pretty much tracks your activity level for the day and it really is motivating me to move more. I was not moving to pathetic levels! So I decided to make sure I'm walking more, I'm trying to get at least 6km in a day which usually has me burning about 2200 calories a day. I'm trying to lose my weight slowly (1/2 pound a week) so I've up my calories to 1700 a day. Surprisingly since New Years I've already lost a pound. I hope it continues.

NewKate2014- I use MFP to track my calories so I guess it's a food journal. I love it because it really keeps my portions in check.

jayohwhy
01-05-2014, 10:32 PM
Hi everyone! I'm on my third day of following french women don't get fat and joined a challenge on diet bet. I'm really excited and motivated to try something new. Yesterday I went without snacking and actually sat down and had dinner instead of watching tv or doing something else at the same time, and i realized that i enjoyed my food more and ate less. I'm hoping this changes something because technically i've been counting calories and/or doing weight watchers for a year with no results. :(

ohtheplaces and changergirl- I have a fitbit too! i got that and the aria wifi scale for christmas. I feel like its a good reminder to move more and i like how this fitbit is easily used as a watch which makes me leave it on my wrist.

newkate- congrats on the first lb lost! I know it will be the first of many!

I'm trying to keep the motivation to cut my portion sizes. That I can eat anything, but it's really about adjusting the portion so that i can enjoy a little but but don't have to eat everything…

Quiet Ballerina
01-06-2014, 12:49 PM
Saw a slight rise yesterday, but it dipped back down today. :carrot:
Started this month at 170.6 and I'm currently 169.2 (ticker doesn't do decimals). Not sure if I'll have an official weekly weigh-in day like Monday -- for January I'm weighing in every day but not updating my ticker as often.

newkate not keeping much of a food journal for now. But I am planning out my meals. (Lunch this week? Soup and salad just about every day.)

changergirl I need to break out my fitbit again! Those sound like good goals.

jayohwhy you're so much better than me! I'm terrible about doing other things while I eat. Reading, TV, surfing on my cell phone....I'm awful.
Maybe I should start small and aim for one meal per day with no distractions. Or maybe one full day per week. :)

NewKate2014
01-06-2014, 03:45 PM
How's everyone doing today?

I'm feeling good, sticking to between 1200-1400 kcal per day and i'm already feeling used to the deficit. :)

Back to work today and keeping busy makes it so much easier.

K x

jayohwhy
01-06-2014, 07:18 PM
How's everyone doing today?

I'm also back to work today, and am glad for it. I am trying to drink more water and eat breakfast in the morning. It seems more luxurious to wake up early and eat a sit down breakfast than have to scarf things down during my lunch break while I'm working at the same time. However, today, I ended up having to pack my breakfast and bring it to work because the person I carpool with came early. However, after eating breakfast, I had a snack at lunch (nuts and yogurt) and am waiting to have a real dinner when I get home and not have to rush. I also drank water instead of my usual mid-day coffee.

Saw a slight rise yesterday, but it dipped back down today. :carrot:
jayohwhy you're so much better than me! I'm terrible about doing other things while I eat. Reading, TV, surfing on my cell phone....I'm awful.
Maybe I should start small and aim for one meal per day with no distractions. Or maybe one full day per week. :)

congrats on being down! It's an adjustment for me to eat without distractions. I find myself having to adjust my meal times to times where I am less busy. However, since I'm working on having scheduled mealtimes instead of waiting until I'm ravenous and eating everything, it works out.

I'm scared that the scale is never going to show my progress. :( I'm trying to monitor myself really closely since I know that when I get lax on accountability that's when I just fall back into bad habits. I have rid my house of my "trigger foods" that I tend to mindlessly snack on and have only left high quality/ healthy choices for when I'm hungry. This morning the scale showed nothing, but I'm going to give myself a couple of weeks before I really expect to be down some weight.

jayohwhy
01-07-2014, 11:58 AM
Good morning everyone!

Yesterday I was on track. Ate breakfast, had a snack for lunch (yogurt and nuts) and then sat down to a (pretty clean) dinner of quinoa, sesame chicken, and roasted cauliflower with kalamata vinaigrette (all made from scratch).

today has been good so far. woke up early enough to have breakfast at home and now I'm ready for the day. the scale still isn't registering a loss and I'm trying not to obsess!

SallyLa
01-07-2014, 08:30 PM
Hi everyone just checking in.

I went to a weightloss clinic at a nearby hospital and he set me up on a loose mediterranean style diet and gave me some supplements to balance out some of my womanly hormones lol. I have to go in for some testing and what not but I am actually pretty excited.

Today was pretty bad for sugar...I just felt like I needed it. One of the things I think is that I don't have anyone to talk to about my weightloss and food control...my boyfriend eats whatever he wants and my parents are eating well but huge portions.

I've lost around a pound so far, but on my days off it is much harder to stay on track...

Quiet Ballerina
01-08-2014, 10:34 AM
Yikes. Yesterday was not a good day for me. I think my monthly "friend" is coming soon because all I want is salt and carbs. The scale was not happy with me this morning.

NewKate2014
01-08-2014, 01:01 PM
Today at work there was CAKE EVERYWHERE! and guess what?
I didn't touch a thing!! Feeling really uninterested in sugary foods which is really unlike me .. I'm a teacher and the staff room always seems to have chocolates, cakes and things (people's birthdays, gifts from parents etc) and I can never resist, being stressed and then being faced with the junk food is so hard normally, but today I wasn't even tempted by a tiny slice of malteaser tray bake which is a total weakness!

And I got on the scales this morning and I'm another lb down! woohoooo!

However - I am feeling mega hungry after work so I've got a milky cup of tea
in hand and I'm gonna chill for a bit before my boyfriend gets home from work.

Hope you're all having a good day!!
xx

SW 191.1
CW 188.8
GW 140

amerrylife
01-08-2014, 05:29 PM
I'm starting at around 210 and want to get to 155 next year, which will be 100 lbs from my highest weight ever.

Christmas was rough and by Jan 1 I weighed 215.

The first week of Jan was good though and I dropped 6 pounds by stopping the crazy overeating and eating out. Overall I'm really excited to be under 210 again!

Quiet Ballerina
01-08-2014, 11:27 PM
NewKate That is so, so great! I have a hard time resisting sweets at work too. The other day I had a cookie that didn't even taste that good. :( Such a waste of calories.

This cold weather is such a bummer. When it was nicer I would go walking for a couple of miles a day easily! Now I just want to stay indoors.

amerrylife Great job on the loss so far! Very exciting for sure!!

Dollfaise
01-10-2014, 09:46 AM
Starting weight: 181
Current weight: 135.6
Goal weight: 120

jayohwhy
01-11-2014, 12:07 AM
Greg job guys! It's been a weird week for me. I was skeptical that following French women don't get fat would help me lose weight, but I'm down 2 lbs this week. I have some family stress that has taken my appetite, so I'm not sure how that will translate in the long run...

levoguette
01-11-2014, 01:49 PM
After a little detour, I am finally back at my starting weight of 230. Hopefully I'll see the 220s soon and won't revisit the 230s! Not sure how possible that will be considering I am going out to eat out tonight but hopefully it won't affect too much. I lose most efficiently when balancing out my carbs with protein (IR diet), but since I live in a dorm, the protein options are limited. Any ideas what are good protein options that are dorm/microwave friendly in terms of prep and cooking? Possible even no-cooking-needed protein options?

Glad to see that so many have been successful so far! Congrats to those and to the others who may still be struggling to get the holiday weight off, hang in there!! You'll be back down soon enough!

Quiet Ballerina
01-12-2014, 11:45 PM
For no cooking or low cooking protein, I'd go with beans, nuts, cheese sticks, eggs.

I've been bad. Terrible, actually. Pretty sure I weigh more than my ticker's high. Yuck. But tomorrow is a new day. I made some soup tonight and I'm going to try and do better.

Created a new goal sheet with my rewards for when I get to certain weights (most of which are jewelry that I want on etsy) and I really need to do better. Sigh.

Hope everyone is doing well.

amerrylife
01-13-2014, 05:51 PM
Last couple of days have been bad, it's that time of the month and my weight is all over the place and UP. It's unfortunate and I feel pretty crappy but I'm taking it one hour at a time today. Lots of movement, meals with protein, and lots of drinking water!

Hope everyone else is having a great monday!

jayohwhy
01-13-2014, 07:07 PM
Hi everyone, my life has been crazy the last few days with a lot of family drama.. the up side is that I havent had appetite for days, but the down side is that I have insanely bad stomach pain.. :X

Quiet Ballerina
01-13-2014, 11:14 PM
Last couple of days have been bad, it's that time of the month and my weight is all over the place and UP. It's unfortunate and I feel pretty crappy but I'm taking it one hour at a time today. Lots of movement, meals with protein, and lots of drinking water!

Hope everyone else is having a great monday!

Right there with ya. I haven't even gotten on the scale. I am bloated and miserable and I know it'll be a horror show.

MrsDeenz
01-14-2014, 12:41 PM
I've been stuck in the 200s since the beginning of the month, was my TOM the past few days, but I jumped on the scale this morning and finally found myself back in Onederland (even if it's BARELY there). Hoping I don't see those 2's again anytime soon..

lilsquirrel
01-16-2014, 08:49 AM
Hi guys! Hope I'm not too late to join in.

Another serial regainer here :( I was doing well after last summer, until my dog passed away whilst I was at university - and then I ballooned to my highest ever weight :(

Exams are over now and I'm falling back into a routine. Trying out slimfast this time round (it was on a really good deal - buy 1 get 2 free) and then once those tubs are done with, work back onto healthy 3 meals a day.

SW (15/01/14): 215.6lbs
Summer solstice (21/06/14) GW: 185lbs
UGW: 165lbs

clare1991
01-16-2014, 03:37 PM
sounds good i'm 178 aiming to get back to the weight I was 2 years which was 148 by June.

OhThePlaces
01-16-2014, 07:07 PM
Kate, I'm also a teacher and I know what you mean about the sweet treats in the teacher's lounge!

I've been MIA, but things are going well! I'm back at work, so life is crazy again after a 3 week Christmas break. I've realized that if I want time to exercise, I'll have to make the time. I've been waking up at 4:15 am to go to the gym. Thankfully it's just 2 miles away. I work out (cardio) for an hour, then rush home and shower, get my two preschoolers up and ready, then out the door by 7 for school!

I'm calorie counting (and incorporating a big green smoothie for lunch) and I'm feeling energized and great. Of course I'm in bed and exhausted by 9pm!

I weighed in yesterday at 152.2. I'm anxious to break back into the 140s since I'm coming back down from a 25 lb gain last year.

I hope you all are having a great week.

LilDazed
01-17-2014, 10:25 AM
I regain weight pretty quickly if I don't stay on top of it. Funny, I actually tend to eat more when I'm in a good mood, rather than when I'm depressed. So parties always results in....too many glasses of wine! =P

But this year is gonna be a big change! Gonna tone up and be as happy as I am on the outside as I am on the inside.

angienofrills
01-17-2014, 05:21 PM
I'm a retainer too! I thought I was a complete freak for gaining 25 lbs in 7 months! But it's really good to see other people are in the same position!

I was down to 175 in the summer and am now at 200lbs! A combination of travelling, new relationship and working/living in France surrounded by cheese and bread has not helped!

Now for the change.....10lbs off by the time I start back at work April 1st is my first goal. From then on I'll be on my feet, in the sun so not wanting to eat too much heavy foods and hopefully having done c25k over the next 2 months I will be comfortable to go running a few times a week in between my hours (living and working on a boat!). Let the changes commence!

OhThePlaces
01-17-2014, 06:34 PM
Angie, I'll be starting c25k in a couple of weeks. I completed it in the summer of '11 (when I lost all my weight the first time) and was amazed that I could actually jog for 30-40 minutes without stopping. Now I'm lucky to run for 3 minutes straight!

Happy Friday! The weekends are always the toughest for me to stay on track.

jayohwhy
01-20-2014, 12:01 AM
hi everyone! its been a crazy two weeks. my grandma passed away on saturday morning and I've been struggling with maintaining good eating habits. I'm committed to trying to cut down my portions, drink more water and eat breakfast, and i've seen some good results but not as fast as i want, especially because an uncle who i've only seen twice in my life came to town and decided to say hello by shaming me about how much weight i've gained back. :( i was nice in my reply but it hurt and kept me from eating lunch (which is why we were in the same place).

NewKate2014
01-20-2014, 01:28 PM
hi everyone! its been a crazy two weeks. my grandma passed away on saturday morning

So sorry to hear about your Grandma, it must be a tough time, but I hope you have loads of support around you.

I haven't posted in over week because I've been so busy with it being my boyfriends birthday. A trip to Edinburgh and three nights of dining out, drinking and partying I really fell off the bandwagon but hey ho ... Monday and I'm right back on it.
I was all ready to go running after work tonight but I've lost my shin sleeves (I get brutal shin splints) so I couldn't go .. turned the place upside down but got so frustrated I gave up looking and decided to do some work stuff instead to calm myself down.

Weetabix breakfast, soup lunch and fish for dinner tonight. :)
K x

NewKate2014
01-20-2014, 01:33 PM
hi everyone! its been a crazy two weeks. my grandma passed away on saturday morning

So sorry to hear about your Grandma, it must be a tough time, but I hope you have loads of support around you.

I haven't posted in over week because I've been so busy with it being my boyfriends birthday. A trip to Edinburgh and three nights of dining out, drinking and partying I really fell off the bandwagon but hey ho ... Monday and I'm right back on it.
I was all ready to go running after work tonight but I've lost my shin sleeves (I get brutal shin splints) so I couldn't go .. turned the place upside down but got so frustrated I gave up looking and decided to do some work stuff instead to calm myself down.

Weetabix breakfast, soup lunch and fish for dinner tonight and I'll be weighing in in the morning :)
K x

AAD
01-20-2014, 06:38 PM
I want to lose 36lbs (minimum) in 2014. 231-36=195

SW (1st Jan 14) = 231 lbs
1/20 = 223.1
31st Jan =
29th Feb =
31st Mar =
30th Apr =
31st May =
30th Jun =
31st Jul =
31st Aug =
30th Sep =
31st Oct =
30th Nov =
31st Dec =

lbs lost in 2014 = 7.9

NewKate2014
01-21-2014, 05:45 PM
ADD great progress!
I'm a bit annoyed with myself today .. I weighed in this morning and I'm now 4lbs down so far in January (which is pretty poor for 21 days but with my trip to Edinburgh I've just accepted it..) but I was really pleased with not gaining during that time.

Then I went and ruined it this evening picking at my cake and icing mixes (I'm a mega keen baker!) when making cake for a bake sale at work tomorrow...

Such an idiot!

Need to refocus still. I was really good all day .. Need to find a way to control myself in the evenings, any ideas?

K x

SW 191.4
CW 187.4
GW 140

NewKate2014
01-22-2014, 03:04 PM
I've had an ok day, more calories than I wanted but I made lots of good choices throughout the day, about to sit down with my boyfriend to watch a movie and I'm gonna brush my teeth first to tell my mouth it's time to switch off!

Found my shin sleeves so I can get back to running this weekend, can't wait actually!

Hope you're all having a good day :-) x

Colleensuzanne
01-22-2014, 03:20 PM
I'm new to the forums and after snooping around for a few days I decided to sign up! I would like to join the challenge as well!!

A few months ago I was on weight watchers and lost 20lbs but then gained back 5lbs. Just couldn't stick with it! I'm a horrible yo-yo dieter, hate working out and have very little motivation when it comes to taking care of myself. I'm hoping to change that this year! I started on Medifast 5 days ago and so far so good!

My ultimate goal is to lose 70lbs by my 10 year HS reunion, which will be in June 2015... Of course losing it faster and MAINTAINING till the reunion would be even more awesome!! Good luck to everyone! Lets do this!

Starting Weight: 220
Medifast Starting Weight: 205
Current Weight: 201.5
Goal Weight: 135

sweetpeony
01-23-2014, 11:45 AM
I am definitely joining in here. This is going to be the year that i finally take control of my weight!

Current weight: 256lbs
Goal weight by December 31st, 2014: 156lbs
Total weight loss: 100lbs (2lbs / week) It is ambitious, but doable
Starting Jan 23: 256lbs
Jan 31:
Feb 28:
Mar 31:
April 30:
May 31:
June 30:
July 31:
Aug 31:
Sept 30:
Oct 31:
Nov 30:
Dec 31:

jayohwhy
01-23-2014, 12:55 PM
Hi friends! It's 23 days into the month and I'm down about 2 lbs. I wish it would go faster and I am trying to be mindful of my eating and listening to my body (thanks to Jelbb's book recommendation). I'm hoping this year it's not a diet but a lifestyle change..

NewKate2014
01-23-2014, 04:58 PM
Hi ColleenSuzanne and sweetpeony and welcome!

I had a pretty good day, I'm pleased with my little achievements of will power this week, saying NO can feel really good sometimes, especially when at work people say "oh you're so good!" when they're all filling up on chocolates and biscuits (lots of them are super slim so they can get away with it!)

I really want to have shaken another pound by Sunday...

SW 191.4
CW 187.4
GW 140

Colleensuzanne
01-24-2014, 02:01 PM
Weighed in at 200.8 this morning!! Hoping to be out of the 200 club by the end of this weekend :D I'm already starting to see the difference in how my clothes fit and I feel amazing! Not bad for only a week into the medifast program.

SW: 205
CW: 200.8
GW: 135

NewKate2014
01-25-2014, 09:10 AM
Nice work ColleenSuzanne!! I'm also down this morning to 185.8!
I went for a run this morning too so I'm feeling good!!

Have a great day all!

AAD
01-26-2014, 03:14 PM

1/20 = 223.1
1/26 = 221
31st Jan =
29th Feb =
31st Mar =
30th Apr =
31st May =
30th Jun =
31st Jul =
31st Aug =
30th Sep =
31st Oct =
30th Nov =
31st Dec =

lbs lost in 2014 = 10

Thanks, Kate! You're so sweet! You're doing very well too!

Hi Colleen, welcome and good luck!

Sweetpeony, I love your name! And I bet it suits you, you look like such a sweetie!

Joy, I know the frustration when it seems too slow ... but it is in the right direction and that's what counts! Love ya!

amerrylife
01-26-2014, 05:30 PM
I lost 8 pounds in the beginning of the month when I started up but now I've kinda stalled. It's a bit frustrating to see the same number day after day and see no progress. I'm hoping to lose at least a pound or two in this last week of january so I feel like I did a bit more this month.

levoguette
01-26-2014, 06:07 PM
Thought I would go ahead and update! I hope everyone has been doing well! I've been so busy I've barely had time to log in.
Anyway...
SW: 230 / CW: 224.7 / GW: 160

It's great to finally see some progress! Although I'm worried I haven't been eaten as healthily as I could be. :(

OhThePlaces
01-26-2014, 07:10 PM
Happy Sunday, everyone!

Amerrylife, I'm in the same boat. What stinks even more is that I'm in a Biggest Loser contest at work, and after being on my best behavior all week, I lost a whopping .4 lb. I'm just trying to focus on how much better I FEEL... Even if I don't look it yet. ;)

I'm hoping for a whoosh this week. I'm currently holding steady at 150. We're heading across the country to visit my in-laws in mid March, and most of them haven't seen me in a couple of years ( when I was nearly 20 lbs smaller) so I'm really hoping to be a lot closer by then!

EnglishMcTeach
01-26-2014, 08:40 PM
I'll join in!

Starting=234

Goal= anywhere between 160-175

NewKate2014
01-27-2014, 04:10 PM
I've had a pretty good few days, I'm hoping for a loss when I get on the scales in the morning! Went running on Saturday and again today, 4.5km/5km. Feels good to be working out again :-)

Have a great day!

Chelainabear
01-28-2014, 04:15 PM
I'd like to take part in this, too.

I have reached my all-life high of around 250-260 (i don't have a scale, so I'm going off my last doctor's visit) but I want to get down to 150. I don't know if that'll happen in a year, but it's my long term goal. We can do this :)

mizzaquarius
01-28-2014, 04:52 PM
Hey there guys~

I started my weight loss journey on 1/2/14 with Weight Watchers! So far my results couldn't be better, but I have to keep my head out of the equation. My head likes to try to kick me off my tracks and tell me to just stop this nonsense already. I am listening to my heart. I need this... I have needed to do this an actually ENJOY the journey. I have found that instagram is a great way for me to stay motivated. I take pictures of the food I am going to eat, and then post it with the points value and I use #toshasweightlossjourney as on of my hash tags, so that I can go back to look under that hashtag and find all the recipes that I made and look at my own journey. Plus I am getting tons of support from people watching my journey. It is really inspiring. I will enjoy the journey to get there and I will stay on track!!

Starting weight on 1/2/14 : 187.6
Heaviest weight (sometime in 2012): 190.4
1/9/14: First LOSS and it was AMAZING!! 182.4:flame:
1/16/14: 181.2
1/23/14: 179.6

I am hoping for another 1 lb lost this week.

I started back doing roller derby, AWESOME exercise and totally fun, and I think that has really pushed me along!!:running:

I am going to Vegas this week, and I have shopped with my companions for EVERYONE to stay on track, and more importantly ME to stay on track!

I'm going to do this this time! No excuses... just keep pushing.

dehtripper
01-28-2014, 05:18 PM
Hey there guys~

I started my weight loss journey on 1/2/14 with Weight Watchers! So far my results couldn't be better, but I have to keep my head out of the equation. My head likes to try to kick me off my tracks and tell me to just stop this nonsense already. I am listening to my head. I will stay on track!

Starting weight on 1/2/14 : 187.6
Heaviest weight (sometime in 2012): 190.4
1/9/14: First LOSS and it was AMAZING!! 182.4:flame:
1/16/14: 181.2
1/23/14: 179.6

I am hoping for another 1 lb lost this week.

I started back doing roller derby, AWESOME exercise and totally fun, and I think that has really pushed me along!!:running:

I am going to Vegas this week, and I have shopped with my companions for EVERYONE to stay on track, and more importantly ME to stay on track!

I'm going to do this this time! No excuses... just keep pushing.

Hey! I haven't officially joined this thread... But noticed you do derby too! It's nice to see other skaters on here. Congrats on the great start on the 2014 too by the way :)

mizzaquarius
01-28-2014, 06:30 PM
;)Hey Dehtripper!

Thank you! Where do you skate? Or what team! Such great exercise, and I see you've lost a ton of weight - great accomplishment with that! I know what perseverance and work that it takes! That's amazing. You are going to be my new inspiration!

Thanks my new friend!

:hug:
:congrat:

jayohwhy
01-29-2014, 04:26 PM
Hi friends! This week is recovery from an emotionally draining week last week. I'm bummed because I'm starting this week exactly at the same weight I ended up at on the 1st of January. I read the "naturally thin" book and it's definitely life changing. I'm hoping that rewiring my brain will be the kick start that I need.

Avezy44
01-29-2014, 05:07 PM
I'm a regainer as well!

I would love to lose 100 pounds before 2015! That's a pretty lofty goal but I am hoping to do it :)

dehtripper
01-30-2014, 10:23 AM
;)Hey Dehtripper!

Thank you! Where do you skate? Or what team! Such great exercise, and I see you've lost a ton of weight - great accomplishment with that! I know what perseverance and work that it takes! That's amazing. You are going to be my new inspiration!

Thanks my new friend!

:hug:
:congrat:

Wow, its kind of a neat role reversal to be the one inspiring. I just play in Atlantic Canada. Nothing huge, but I love it. Gotta say, my game has improved a TONNE as the weight's come off (I was gaining during my first couple seasons). I'm still readjusting my hitting styles but even my 5min lap count has gone up by ~5 in the past season. Happy weight loss and skating!!!

AAD
02-01-2014, 12:39 AM

1/20 = 223.1
1/26 = 221
31st Jan = 217.9 Loss for month: -13.1
29th Feb =
31st Mar =
30th Apr =
31st May =
30th Jun =
31st Jul =
31st Aug =
30th Sep =
31st Oct =
30th Nov =
31st Dec =

lbs lost in 2014 = 13.1

NewKate2014
02-01-2014, 05:26 AM
Morning all, now it's finally February I have my loss for January which sits at 8.4lbs :)
Buzzing this morning!!

AAD
02-01-2014, 08:27 PM

1/20 = 223.1
1/26 = 221
2/1 = 217.3
29th Feb =
31st Mar =
30th Apr =
31st May =
30th Jun =
31st Jul =
31st Aug =
30th Sep =
31st Oct =
30th Nov =
31st Dec =

lbs lost in 2014 = 13.7

jayohwhy
02-03-2014, 01:19 PM
lbs lost in 2014 = 13.7
Amazing loss!!

Morning all, now it's finally February I have my loss for January which sits at 8.4lbs :)
Buzzing this morning!!

Great loss!!

Congrats, you guys!

lilmisschattabox
02-04-2014, 06:06 AM
I'd like to join. I'm at my highest I've ever been and it's just not going anywhere - no matter how many times I try, I keep falling off the wagon! My 30th birthday is at the end of the year and I'd like to be a healthy weight going into my 30s.

I've started logging my food with MFP so I can make sure I'm not going over my allocated food allowances and I also do better when I'm on 3FC, so here I am back again.

Current weight 81.5k/179lbg and goal weight is 65kg/143lb.

Not perfect food choices today, but I was under my calorie allowance. I also went for a run/walk - Couch to 5k Week 1, Day 1.

AAD
02-07-2014, 03:48 PM

1/20 = 223.1
1/26 = 221
2/1 = 217.3
2/7 = 216.9 Loss for week: -1
29th Feb =
31st Mar =
30th Apr =
31st May =
30th Jun =
31st Jul =
31st Aug =
30th Sep =
31st Oct =
30th Nov =
31st Dec =

lbs lost in 2014 = 14.7

kabaker
02-08-2014, 12:50 AM
Hi! I am a regainer, I lost a lot of weight a few years ago and have slowly put it back on. I never hit my goal and I am so ready to do it this year!

Current weight: 193
Goal: 150

SucreSucre
02-10-2014, 06:27 PM
Hello, I'd like to join. I am a regainer as well...I lost weight last year and then realized a dream of moving to New York and all the happy hours and great food got to me (and my wallet and my waist line lol).

By December 31, 2014? I want to lose around 25% of my starting weight, so that would bring mt to Onderland, or just below, to 198 :)

Though, I am shooting for 3%-5% each month, I have almost hit 3% for February, so if I keep going in this vein, I will actually have lost 30%-40% by December 31st, but of course, putting in room for plateauing and such.

AAD
02-13-2014, 03:28 PM

1/20 = 223.1
1/26 = 221
2/1 = 217.3
2/13 = 216.9
29th Feb =
31st Mar =
30th Apr =
31st May =
30th Jun =
31st Jul =
31st Aug =
30th Sep =
31st Oct =
30th Nov =
31st Dec =

lbs lost in 2014 = 14.7

literacyqueen
02-13-2014, 03:32 PM
This quote is so inspirational.

AAD
02-19-2014, 06:00 PM

1/20 = 223.1
1/26 = 221
2/1 = 217.3
2/13 = 216.9
2/19 = 216.9
2/24 = 216.8
28th Feb = 216.7 Loss for week: -.1 Loss for month: -.6
3/1 = 216.7
31st Mar =
30th Apr =
31st May =
30th Jun =
31st Jul =
31st Aug =
30th Sep =
31st Oct =
30th Nov =
31st Dec =

lbs lost in 2014 = 14.2

lilmisschattabox
03-02-2014, 04:06 AM
Feb loss: 2.7kg/6lb and around 3-4cm (a bit over an inch) in measurements wise :) it's happening! How did everyone else do?

So SW for March is: 78.2kg/172lb

AAD
03-05-2014, 04:38 PM

1/20 = 223.1
1/26 = 221
2/1 = 217.3
2/13 = 216.9
2/19 = 216.9
2/24 = 216.8
3/1 = 216.7
3/5 = 216.7
31st Mar =
30th Apr =
31st May =
30th Jun =
31st Jul =
31st Aug =
30th Sep =
31st Oct =
30th Nov =
31st Dec =

lbs lost in 2014 = 14.3

Veela
03-06-2014, 04:01 AM
I haven't been on this forum in a long time. But I am also a chronic re-gainer. Although I am dedicating this year to my weight-loss I plan to hit my final weight before the end of the year. I hit my highest weight of 172lbs almost exactly a year ago. I managed to lose 10lbs by the end of the summer of 2013 but I have put back on 8lbs.

My sister is getting married the weekend before my 30th birthday this September . I really want to be at my goal weight for the wedding and my birthday. I also have a non-scale related goal. I already have my MOH dress and really want to have to have it taken in when I have my dress fitting in July or August.

My goal is to get to 130lbs by the end of July to make sure the dress fits for the wedding (wouldn't want it falling off of me).

I really want this year to be different I really want my 30s to start of right and on a healthy track. This year has to be the year I commit to my happiness! I want to hit the ground running and make sure I not only make it to 130lbs but also invest time this year to learning to maintaining the changes I am making.

MrsDeenz
03-08-2014, 11:15 AM
Jumping in here a little late.. I want to lose a total of 50 lbs. I'll be happy to lose any weight this year since I've been trying to lose weight for years but always fall off the wagon.

SW (Feb. 7) - 203.6 lbs

2/07 - 203.6
2/28 - 195.6
Loss for the month: -8.0 lbs

3/01 - 192.6
3/31 - 185.8
Loss for the month: -9.8 lbs

4/01 - 185.0
4/30 -
Loss for the month:

5/01 -
5/31 -
Loss for the month:

6/01 -
6/30 -
Loss for the month:

7/01 -
7/31 -
Loss for the month:

8/01 -
8/31 -
Loss for the month:

9/01 -
9/30 -
Loss for the month:

10/01 -
10/31 -
Loss for the month:

11/01 -
11/30 -
Loss for the month:

12/01 -
12/31 -
Loss for the month:

Total Loss in 2014: -17.8 lbs

AAD
03-11-2014, 01:17 AM

1/20 = 223.1
1/26 = 221
2/1 = 217.3
2/13 = 216.9
2/19 = 216.9
2/24 = 216.8
3/1 = 216.7
3/5 = 216.7
3/10 = 216.6
3/17 = 216.5
3/23 = 216.4
3/30 = 216.1
31st Mar = 216.1
4/6 = 215.8
4/14 = 215.6 Loss for week: -.2
4/21 = 215.4 Loss for week: -.2
4/26 = 215.2
5/4 = 214.8
5/9 = 214.6
5/16 = 214.2
5/19 = 214
5/26 = 213.6
6/1 = 213.3
6/6 = 213
6/13 = 212.6
6/19 = 212.1
6/25 = 211.7
2 Jul = 211.2
31st Aug =
30th Sep =
31st Oct =
30th Nov =
31st Dec =

lbs lost in 2014 = 19

MrsDeenz
04-08-2014, 10:19 AM
Bump. I wish we could keep all the challenges pinned until they're finished. I'm having a hard time remembering what I joined.. :^:

AAD
07-09-2014, 08:00 PM

1/20 = 223.1
1/26 = 221
2/1 = 217.3
2/19 = 216.9
2/24 = 216.8
3/1 = 216.7