Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2003, 09:54 AM   #1  
GmaTo8

Thumbs down ~July Jaded Ladies #3

Welcome everyone,

We are a group of women who support each other through all of life's ups and downs, not just weight loss.

Won't you join us?

Jana

Last edited by Jana; 07-07-2003 at 10:08 AM.
Old 07-07-2003, 10:04 AM   #2  
GmaTo8

Default Here we go!!

Hi ladies,

Wow - just as I was trying to start a new thread, I got disconnected. Arrggg!! Living in the boonies is sometimes a pain in the patooty! The cable company stopped the line about 3/4 mile up the road. Wah!

Angie - I belonged to TOPS for about 2 weeks eons ago. There were about 10 members and 80% of them were over 60 years old. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but I just didn't fit in. Plus, they kept arguing about piddly stuff. But it's different at each town, so I say Give it a Try!

Cristi - Attitude is everything, isn't it? Wonder why we feel so in control now, as opposed to a few months ago? Oh well, whatever it is, I like it!

Hi to the others!

I bought the book Thin for Life by Anne Fletcher. It is about people who have lost weight and kept it off - how they lost it, and especially how they maintained. Very interesting...

Gotta sort laundry, bbl,
Jana
Old 07-07-2003, 10:47 AM   #3  

Good morning ladies!

Sorry I neglected everyone over the long weekend. My nephew came up Friday afternoon, I made homemade pizza on the grill with my baking stone, this is the first time I've tried that, if you have one I would highly suggest it. YUMMY Then Saturday we had to go to a birthday party for my SIL, given by her daughter at the campground where they keep their camper. Of couse no one could give us good directions, they didn't know road names or the name of the campgrounds. We drove around for 4 & 1/2 hours before we found it. I was ready to go home after the first hour, but not the hubby. Turns out if they had given us acurate directions, we were 20 minutes from home.

Jana, congrats on the weightloss!!!!!!!! I feel the same as everyone else, this is finally thime I take the weight off and keep it off.

Michelle, I'm glad your puppy is getting along with your other dog.

Glad everyone had a great holiday. Mel
Old 07-07-2003, 03:15 PM   #4  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Angry Hiya ladies

I am very surprised and happy at the same time. I changed my weigh in day to Friday because it seems whenever there is messing up to do I do it on the weekends, well, when my hubby is home because we tend to be out and about so we end up at the fast food places. Since the 4th I have been quite the little or so I thought. It didn't just stop on Friday it continued through Sunday, double So even though I changed my weigh in day and I never get on the scales more than once a week I felt the urge to see the damage done over the weekend and guess what? no change at all, which is good considering it is the week before TOM. I did not gain even an ounce so I am very pleased, although surprised. Seems every time I think I do bad it's not as bad as it seems. However, I won't be doing that often. I am back on track today and am hoping for at least a 1 pound loss this Friday but I will take what I get as long as it is not a gain. I should clarify pigging out for me, it is not that I continuosly eat throughout the day but eating the wrong foods such as fast food.

Oh my gosh Mel you are definitely persistent or hubby is! Birthday party or not I think I would have given up after an hour of trying to find them. I can't even imagine driving around for 4 1/2 hours! I hope it was worth it and wasn't over by the time you found them. I have never had homemade pizza on a grill, that sounds delicious.

Jana, hope your trip to see bil was fine and he is in better spirits. Of course I know whow hard it is to be in good spirits when your are in the hospital hurt and in pain. That's funny you said that Jana about TOPS and the little old ladies. Everyone I have ever known , which was only 4, who joined TOPS and went to the first meeting didn't go back because they too said it was nothing but little old grannies in their 60's and they felt really out of place. Too you never know until you go so go for it Angie.

I don't know why I feel more in control this time about losing this weight. It's like something clicked inside Jana and I KNOW this time will be the LAST time. I like it too!

Hi to EVERYONE else. Hope EVERYONE is having a great Monday! Take care.

Last edited by FrouFrou; 07-07-2003 at 10:21 PM.
Old 07-07-2003, 09:06 PM   #5  
soontobethin

Ladies,
sounds like everyone had a good holiday weekend. I think everyone over ate, that's what happens during a long weekend. My family and I went on a float trip friday, and had a cook out that night I went to Silver Dollar City with my mom on Sunday and ate WAAAAAAAay too much good food. I haven't done that in a long time though. Jana, congrats on the weight loss and let me know if that book is any good. I have read a couple of weight loss books, and got lost in the process. I am hoping to be at my goal weight by November. I know, I know, right before the Holidays, but my brother is getting married in December, so I gotta look good for the wedding
Ricci
Old 07-07-2003, 10:24 PM   #6  
One day at a time

Ricci, sounds like you had a fun 4th. I absolutely LOVE Silver Dollar City. I haven't been to Branson in three years but am hoping to make it back soon. I hope you had a funnel cake for me! Those things are to die for!

Anyway, just wanted to stop in with a quick Hi ladies. See ya tomorrow.
Old 07-07-2003, 11:29 PM   #7  

Well...
I just spent the last 20 minutes typing up a post, only to have it mysteriously disappear when I hit the tab button!!!???

I am too hot and too irked to type it all out again.
Ill try again tomorrow when my midol kicks in.

I hope everyones doing well.

Michelle
Old 07-08-2003, 08:57 AM   #8  
GmaTo8

Good morning oh Jaded ones,

Mel - Yikes, I bet you were fit to be tied by the time you actually found the party. At least you had fun with your nephew, huh? Pizza on the grill is a new one to me - sounds de-lish!!!

Cristi - I agree, maintenance is a lot better than a gain! I w-i on Sundays and used my banked points then. We always have a big homecooked Sunday dinner w/dessert. It's amazing some of the stuff I have been giving the fam, and they don't know it's lite.

Ricci - yes, the book it very good! I am almost finished with it, and I know I will be using it for reference along the way. You could look it up at the library and see if you actually want to buy it.

Michelle - oh you menstrual case you, I hate it when the posts get lost in cyberspace!! Here hoping you get some turbo-Midol, lol. Snuggle with the puppy today and that will make you feel better. PMS = pass my shotgun, right??

Carree - how are you? Come out and play!

Kat - ok, it's time to come home and visit your JL homies!

I am so glad that we're all on the same page about losing the weight. Did I tell you what my next reward is? It's a 14 k gold diamond and ruby bracelet, very understated, not gawdy at all. The stones are manmade - so it wasn't very expensive - but it LOOKS expensive. It is for when I reach 25 pounds - 4 3/4 pounds away. It's just lying in my undie's drawer, waiting for me.....

Today my plans are uncertain. I SHOULD be cleaning, but I think DH and I are going shopping for wainscoting for the living room. I want to put a real rich oak in there, to match the rest of the wood, and then I have already bought some border with birdhouses and clay pots on them. Since I live in the country, I think that would look okay.

Have a good day, JLs, and I'll try to check in later,
Jana
Old 07-08-2003, 09:46 PM   #9  

Hello everyone!

Rain rain, go away!!

Jana, yes, I was ready to beat every one of my in laws by the time we got there, if I had been driving we wouldn't have searched for more than an hour. I told them the next time they try to give us directions, get road names, or better yet, don't give me directions, just give me the name of where I'm supposed to be going and I'll look it up on the internet. We had fun with my nephew, but our fireworks were rained out.

Michelle, you poor thing! I feel for you, I used to have terrible PMS and cramps, I finally found a dr willing to give me a hysterectomy. After 8 years of suffering, finally somebody that listened. I had my tubes tied about 14 years ago because DH and I din't want kids, but all the drs before were afraid I would change my mind and get it reversed. Not me!!!!!!!!

Every one else, come out, come out wherever you are!

DH and I are going out to eat wth my mother tomorrow evening, a liitle late, but for my b-day. Hope every one has a great night and an even better hump day! Mel
Old 07-09-2003, 07:49 AM   #10  
GmaTo8

Good morning ladies,

Mel - have fun with your mom tonight. Do you live in the same town as her?

To my buddy in Nebraska - if you find this, please jump in and introduce yourself!

Hump day already! Where is the time flying? Well, I sure didn't get much done yesterday. Remember when I said I got John Grisham's new book King of Torts? Therein lies the culprit. I can barely put it down to do the necessities around the house. Any other JG fans in the group?

Gotta go have some coffee with DH....

BBL,
Jana
Old 07-09-2003, 11:01 AM   #11  

Hi everyone...its me...the doormat.
I really have to learn to say no.
I have not had a day since Saturday that I havent had someone elses kid with me. The rotten nephew has shown up all by himself everyday, and spent the days hanging out on my couch watching tv, and eating all my food. The neighbors kid has been here almost everyday too. Plus I had to watch one of my SILs sons all day yesterday...while I worked!!!! I had to take him with me while I filled the vending machines. Last week she made me take two of her kids.
Somebody please teach me to say no. I want some time to myself. The neighbor has asked me to watch her kid EVERYDAY next week. The nephew just showed up again about a half hour ago, and parked his scrawny butt on my couch for the day.
How can I make him go home without seeming mean???
GRRRRRRRRRRRR!
I feel like the neighborhood drop in center. Nobody ever asks me first..everyone just drops on by. Short of locking my door and pretending not to be home, theres nothing I can do.

Im sorry Im so grumpy. All I want to do is have a bit of time to myself. I want to do some training with my pup, have nice bath and read my book for a while.
Dont get me wrong I love kids. I just dont like being a forced babysitter. I think that because I dont work full time, people think I have nothing better to do.

Plus I have cramps that would kill a small farm animal!

Ok, Ill stop whining now.

Ive been slacking off on pretty much every part of my plan. We have only been to the gym once in the last five or six day. The food hasnt been too bad. I ate a bit of junk, but in small amounts, so that was not too bad. But I always feel bad about everything I eat if Im not backing it up with some serious exercise. We were supposed to go early this morning, but the hubby turned off the alarm clock, and went straight back to sleep.
So I think Ill have to fit in a nice long walk with the puppies sometime today, and hopefully we'll make it into the gym tonight.

Jana..I really am a menstrual case!! You were right, puppy cuddles make everything seem better. She is a real cuddler too.
I read the firm when it first came out..and loved it, but havent read anything else by him since. My hubby loves his stuff and has read a few.

Mel...I guess you must have been very certain about the kids thing. My sister is the same way. She says she never wants kids, and I believe her. Although she has never mentioned the thought of a hysterectomy. It must be wonderful to not have the visit every month. No cramps, no mess...and cheaper too! I wonder how much Ive spent on supplies in my lifetime??

Hello to everyone else! I hope your all having a good week so far. I promise Ill come back later tonight or tomorrow in a much better mood.

Michelle
Old 07-09-2003, 03:11 PM   #12  
One day at a time

Angry Hi ladies

Michelle, I don't know what you can do other than to be blunt and just tell everyone no. Tell them you need some alone time and they can come over another time. The first time you say no is always the hardest but after you've said it a few times it gets easier. You can't always be there for everyone else. I had a friend that was always wanting favors and I always did them because she was my friend and we were close, still are. But it got to the point that I felt she was using me, she didn't think she was but it felt like it to me only because I had asked for a couple of favors in return and they couldn't do it but wanted me to continue doing for them. I don't mind doing favors but when someone is constantly asking for favors it gets old. I just had to start telling her no and pretty soon she quit asking. Hope the cramping gets better. I hate pms/cramping. Before I started this weight loss journey I had them bad also. But since walking and exercising and eating right (most of the time) it has been so much better. I am amazed at the difference.

Jana, I am a big fan of John Grisham, among others but don't have that book. I LOVE to read. That bracelet sounds gorgeous, I love rubies, and diamonds of course! What lady doesn't love diamonds? I have been thinking and thinking of what will be my little reward but I honestly don't know what I really want. Your border sounds nice. I too love the country style and actually have a bird border for my bathroom when ever we move. We are currently looking for a house to buy. Of course by the time we find what we are looking for I will probably change my mind about the border.

I have been doing pretty good staying OP with the eating and exercising/walking the last few days. I just hope it shows on the scale Friday, the dreaded weigh in.

Hi to everyone I missed. Hope everyone is having a great day.
Old 07-09-2003, 04:03 PM   #13  
Fit and Feisty

Default Michelle

Dear Michelle,

I actually feel pain reading your post. Honey, you need to ask yourself, "What do I fear?" In my case, it was rejection. I was afraid if I said, "No" no one would like me or I would lose my "friends."

Revelation: They are NOT FRIENDS! And even if they are blood relatives, when you need something, they WON'T BE THERE FOR YOU!

I had to learn to think enough of myself not to care whether anyone liked me or not. Funny thing, was....when I finally did...everyone likes me now. I guess I had to learn how to like myself enough not to settle.

Michelle, you ARE SO WORTH IT!

Love,
carree
Old 07-09-2003, 08:21 PM   #14  
GmaTo8

Hello Jaded Ones,

Michelle - in the words of Barbara Bush - (or was it Nancy Reagan??) JUST SAY NO!!!! People can take advantage of you only as long as you let them. I can see the footprints on your back all the way here in Indiana! Ya just gotta stop being a doormat, sweetie. And you don't even have to have an excuse - just say no. I think your DH should handle the sil since it's HIS family, though. Anyway, while you are crampy, don't worry too much about losing the weight, but maybe you could try to maintain.

Cristi - The bracelet I bought came from K-mart - originally $89.00 plus tax, and with the 60% off, it was around $35 including the tax. They have some very nice things there, if you don't mind buying at Kmart. I doesn't bother me in the least to get a bargain. But just think what you want that is a special treat - then go for it!

Carree - that was very sound advice you gave our buddy Michelle.

I have had the munchies today and opened a can of green beans, ate those, then got some cabbage right out of the garden, lol. I am going to have to work into my points a 3 Musketeer bar - 6 points! It makes me drool to think about it! And I would rather work it in soon, then binge later.

I got some bad news today. I have 4 living sisters, and one of them has a hubby who found out today that he has last-stage bladder and prostate cancer. They are going to Indy to try to shrink the tumors, but it doesn't look good. Those of you who pray - would you add strength for them to your list? They are going to need lots and lots of strength to get through this.

Better run,
Jana
Old 07-09-2003, 08:49 PM   #15  

Thought I'd take you up on the invitation, Jana. Thanks so much!

Hope you all like images.....I like using them. I'm home a lot & it gives me something to do/play with.

I've lost 20 lbs since April 23rd.....& need to lose about that much more. The dreaded last half! Not on any special kind of diet...just day by day.

As you can see, I like angels. I've been collecting angels for my house, car, etc., for 10 years now. Married 35 yrs, mother of 4, grandmother of 11 (yes...11) Of course, I don't look it.hehe

Look forward to posting with you ladies. Have a good evening.
Closed Thread