Weight Loss Support - Getting out of the 160's - all ages/diets

Pages : [1] 2 3

shr1nk1ngme
12-21-2013, 11:41 AM
Anybody else wanna join me? There is a thread in the 20-somethings and another in the 30-somethings, but I'll bet there are LOTS of us in ALL age/diet categories who need to encourage one another for this ten pound hurdle.

Calling the 20-somethings and 30-somethings, too! There aren't enough of us to hide in the age specific threads. C'mon everyone, let's come out and play together. :gossip:

This morning I weighed in at 169.8, so it remains to be seen if it will stick. But I rarely bounce back up the scale so, here I am. Anybody else?

amandie
12-21-2013, 11:06 PM
Hi! I'm in. I have been eating and drinking my way up to nearly 170. This thread might be the kick in the pants I need! I last weighed in at 168.7.

Joan
12-22-2013, 10:16 AM
Ooh, this might be the place for me.

I'm a lifelong skinny person who blimped out in my late 40s. So I'm appalled to be in the 160s, but these days it's my skinny weight! At highest I was 183-85.

I do Zumba, and try to eat well but reasonably carefully. Still, I cannot now get out of this particular "decade." I'm at the age where 150 would be a very happy weight for me, but I'm beginning to wonder if this is IT.

gardenerjoy
12-22-2013, 06:45 PM
This could be fun! My official goal is to maintain below 170. But I keep having trouble with that in the summer time. I'm starting to think I would do better if the low end of my maintenance range were 160 instead of 165. But I have no idea if I can get down there. It would be fun to try and get there early in the year to see if I can really stay below 170 for a whole year. So, I'll shoot for 159.9. Today's morning weight was 166.7.

DiamondBill
12-22-2013, 06:59 PM
Looks like fun...

gardenerjoy
12-23-2013, 09:38 AM
My weight is up today, but I had soy sauce with supper last night so that's not unexpected. How is everyone else doing?

veggiedawg
12-23-2013, 10:37 AM
I'll be joining you too. I'm dying to get under 160lbs. I've been hovering around 165-169lbs for months.

Also, I'm feeling flabby because I can't get out to walk the same. (snowy/no sidewalks)

I hope all of you are having a good eating day!

amandie
12-23-2013, 11:20 AM
I'm up right now, 171 thanks to sodium bombs I've been having all weekend. I hope everyone had a good weekend!

shr1nk1ngme
12-23-2013, 11:17 PM
Staying on plan, holding steady at 169.5. Crossing my fingers that I don't go back into the 170's over the next few days...

Syckgirlsfv
12-24-2013, 12:02 PM
ooh, me me me! :D I went from 174 (highest ever besides pregnancy) down to 158, and then I went to Vegas in July. Came back 167! THEN, got back to around 163 and then all of a sudden BOOM! UP to 167 again! wtf?:?::?::?:

Just got back from Vegas again last week, and I left here weighing 165 (I knew I was in trouble) and came back 171!!!!!!!! ARGH!!!! You can't gain fat in 3 days time! But water weight is one of my biggest enemies. I can literally carry 10 pounds of it. So this morning is a tiny bit better than when I got back on the 19th. 168. I still have 10 pounds to get back to where I was, and most of that (at least half of it anyway) is water, I am sure.

I'm a size 10 jeans no matter what - the only way I can wear my size 8s is when I weigh around 155 or less.

So here's to getting out of the $@#@$@# 160's! :dizzy::dizzy::dizzy:

gardenerjoy
12-24-2013, 03:41 PM
I'm down today to 166.2. We'll see how I fare with the next 24 hours -- another meal with soy sauce (healthy, though!) and then the main Christmas event at the in-laws.

shr1nk1ngme
12-24-2013, 06:04 PM
Do you use low sodium soy sauce? That might help a tiny little bit...

shr1nk1ngme
12-24-2013, 06:17 PM
169.2 this morning. W00t! Still not "safely" below 170 but I've held my own below 170 for three days in a row and I'm inching ever so slowly downward, so I am happy. Today is a down-day (I'm on low-carb plus JUDDD/intermittent fasting) so tomorrow morning hopefully it'll be lower. We're having a quiet family evening tonight with no foodie events, so as long as I can stay away from all the food I pre-prepared for tomorrow, I should be OK. I'm even gonna walk the dog for an hour.

All our food prep, cleaning, and wrapping is DONE! Except for tomorrow morning, when I have to set out all the breakfast foods/snacks, start the Tofurky in the crockpot, and pop all the side dishes into the oven, I am freeeeee!!!:beach:

Oops I just remembered I have to put away a mountain of clean clothes on the bed in the bedroom. :rolleyes: Shoulda known better...

Becky Quilts
12-26-2013, 10:27 AM
Thanks for sending me the link, ShrinkingMe! I had bubbled back up to 167 ish just before Christmas, I am giving myself a few days of clean eating before hopping back on the scale. I have been hung up in the 160's for a loooong time, and am ready to see 150's!

Syckgirlsfv
12-26-2013, 11:01 AM
167 this morning...water slowly coming off, but I did have a couple shots last night so I may retain more today. I'm still holding on to about 5 or 6 pounds of it! SUCKS. I was in the 150s back in May, and I fully intend to not only get back in to them, but actually weigh 150 to 154 again. It's where I am most comfortable...

30togo
12-30-2013, 07:47 AM
Hi...I would like to join! Right now, I weight 167 lbs. Just joined the gym last month and planning on working out at least 5 days a week after the holidays!

gardenerjoy
12-30-2013, 11:42 AM
I'm down to 165.8, down 0.9 lbs since December 22. With both Christmas Dinner and a fabulous meal out in there, I'm pleased with that.

Rasagolla
12-30-2013, 12:27 PM
Hello all
Love to join in. Was in the daily accountability forum and tried to rejoin but then saw this thread.
Yes I was at 159 when I quit because with exercise and portion control I was getting no weight loss, but after quitting I am back to 163.4!! Hopefully I can get back to where I was at 159 and then go to my goal of 145- if ever!

Has anyone heard of the cereal diet. Has it worked for anyone?

veggiedawg
12-30-2013, 12:52 PM
I'm down to 165.8, down 0.9 lbs since December 22. With both Christmas Dinner and a fabulous meal out in there, I'm pleased with that.
:carrot: That's AWESOME!

Has anyone heard of the cereal diet. Has it worked for anyone?

Never heard of it. But, it must be high fibre cereal, right?

My scale says 167lbs this morning. Not too bad. I've been sick so, I guess my 'feel better' combo of soup and Christmas cookies hasn't hurt me. LOL

I'm hoping to get closer to my goal of losing 27lbs this coming year. It feels like so much. Baby steps, baby steps, baby steps.

Syckgirlsfv
12-30-2013, 01:11 PM
I went up to 168 - holding so much water right now it's annoying. TOM is late, but I have an ultrasound (well, 2 of them, one pelvic and one abdominal) on Thursday because doc thinks I may have a cyst on my ovary or something. This could be the reason for the water retention...I haven't been doing cardio, either, which usually keeps water off pretty good. But I haven't been motivated to exercise lately, which is not normal. bleh.

vix
12-30-2013, 03:36 PM
Thanks for the invite to this link, such a great idea as I'm sure we all go through the same things with weight loss, regardless of age.

I did actually dip my toe in the 150s before Christmas but now I'm back to 160.5, so time to apply myself again!!

shr1nk1ngme
12-30-2013, 04:19 PM
I am stuck at 167.6 for the past few days. Didn't weigh in this morning since yesterday was an Up Day (I am on JUDDD/Intermittent Fasting). Hopefully, after a Down Day today, tomorrow morning I will weigh in at 166.something...

Becky Quilts
12-30-2013, 07:30 PM
Hi Peeps! Sorry I haven't been around - with holidays and two birthdays this time of year, it can get crazy around these parts!

I have been 100% off plan, hahaha, with all this going on. BUT have been trying to not go too crazy. I was due to host Christmas meal for my family and a handful of others but everything fell apart and we ended up with 2 guests instead of 18. My family is coming over on the 1st instead, it's going to be low key Chili and corn bread instead of the full Christmas spread (which for us looks much like Thanksgiving).

Oh yeah, and the tummy flu went through the house. O.o It's been a ride! :)

Sycgirlsfv, hope everything pulls through clear for you.

Looking forward to the journey!

Syckgirlsfv
12-30-2013, 10:07 PM
Becky Quilts - thank you!

shr1nk1ngme
12-31-2013, 09:15 PM
My weight went down to 166.4 after a DownDay yesterday. Today's an UpDay so I am eating to my heart's content (well, almost). Tomorrow's another DownDay.

No big plans tonight. Jut staying in with DH and DD. DH says he's not even planning to stay awake until midnight, so it's really just surfing the net and being generally low-key. :comp:

I think I'm going to go walk the dog.
:newyear:

gardenerjoy
01-01-2014, 10:52 AM
Happy New Year, everyone! I'm looking to see a number below 160 in 2014! I've been stuck at the same weight for three days, 165.8. My goal is to get that down a pound in January, which will match my lowest weight in all of 2013.

Rasagolla
01-01-2014, 11:32 PM
Happy New Year!
Cheering for you gardnerjoy! Thank you for your response veggiedawg. The splurges during NY party got me:( this morning weight is 166.8��
Ran 3 miles and trying to be good today with eating. Hopefully the sodium will go away and the 5 pound weight gain from mid- Dec to now will be managed.

shr1nk1ngme
01-02-2014, 01:06 AM
Well, most of my fitness plans fell through today. But tonight I walked two miles with 22 pounds of weights, so it wasn't a total wash.

It was a DownDay so I hardly ate anything all day.

Tomorrow is an UpDay. More food, more exercise. Let's do this!

gardenerjoy
01-02-2014, 09:33 AM
Woohoo! I got a drop this morning. Nice to see that early in the New Year. From 165.8 to 165.2. More than half-way to my goal for the month. But I lose in fits and starts, so it doesn't mean I'll meet my goal tomorrow.

shr1nk1ngme
01-02-2014, 12:05 PM
Way to go Gardenerjoy! Maintenance requires constant vigilance. You have been succeeding at it so I should probably pick your brain for tips. I always reach my goal but then I fail to maintain.

BTW we should talk gardening sometime. I am a very serious gardener and I love talking about my plants.

Weighed in today at 165.4. I am so happy I could do a happy dance! Hold on....

:dancer: OK, just did my happy dance.

MeganTheMushroom
01-03-2014, 12:24 PM
I would love to join!
I just entered into the 160s when I got home for winter break! 3 weeks in now, and I'm at 167 :)
I'm hoping to be at 165 before I get back to school (2 weeks), and then continue from there.

vix
01-03-2014, 12:36 PM
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!

I'm back to weighing in on Fridays as that's when I started so I feel more at home weighing in at the end of the week, my idea is that it gives me a boost over the weekend which keeps me away from bad things!

So I'm officially 159 today but I'll stick around here to make sure it's for keeps.

Have a great weekend everyone!!

veggiedawg
01-03-2014, 01:25 PM
[QUOTE=vix;4910049]
So I'm officially 159 today but I'll stick around here to make sure it's for keeps. [QUOTE]

:D Wow! That's great!

Meganthemushroom--good luck on your goal! I'm betting you succeed :)

Speaking of gardening, I just received a seed catalogue in the mail. Time to start planning for spring! Shr1nk1ngme, do you grow mostly vegetables or flowers?

Not too much report here. I'm still in holiday mode as my kids are still home from school. Trying to get back to exercising and tracking my foods...

Hope everyone is having a good eating/exercising day!

shr1nk1ngme
01-03-2014, 03:49 PM
I grow nearly 100% edible plants. I have a few herbs such as feverfew, echinacea, and calendula whose function is medicinal. Anything ornamental in my garden was planted there before I decided on a sustainable/self sufficient lifestyle.

shr1nk1ngme
01-04-2014, 01:09 PM
Vix sorry to see you go, but sooo happy that you are in the next decade now. Hope you hold on to your victory!

Gardenerjoy How's the maintenance going?

Welcome Megan! Hoping you will meet your mini goal and better.

--

My weigh in was 163.8 this morning. w00t! I am just in shock at how much more effective low carb is when combined with JUDDD. These results have made a believer out of me. And to think I was stalling on low carb, and I was eating less calories than I am now... JUDDD is my new best friend.

veggiedawg
01-04-2014, 02:05 PM
Vix
My weigh in was 163.8 this morning. w00t!.... JUDDD is my new best friend.

:carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot: Way to lose!!!

Ok, I must ask-what is JUDDD?

And, seeing that you are in California, when you plant something such as a tomato plant--does it just keep on producing through out the year(s)? How often are you actually putting seed in the ground? Curious.

Last night was our family take-out night. I need to work on this. It's too easy to eat more that I (in my head) wish to. Darn you pizza!

shr1nk1ngme
01-04-2014, 05:01 PM
...Seeing that you are in California, when you plant something such as a tomato plant--does it just keep on producing through out the year(s)? How often are you actually putting seed in the ground? Curious.

I plant my tomatoes in mid-spring when it is consistently warm. Tomatoes like to produce in the hottest summer heat so I get a huge crop in late July/August/September and then they taper off. Determinate varieties die after their first fruiting, indeterminate varieties will continue to grow and fruit as the season progresses but the fruit is lesser as it gets cooler. I pull out all of my tomatoes, zucchini, cucumbers, etc. in October and start prepping for the "winter" planting. In winter I plant chard, kale, peas, beets, and lettuce (among others).

So I plant all spring long depending on the plant (some like to start after the last frost, others do better when it gets a little warmer) and then I plant again in Oct/Nov/Dec.

Some plants I grow from seed and for others I buy plants from the nursery because I am lazy. lol

Ok, I must ask-what is JUDDD?

In addition to being a low-carb vegetarian, I am on a plan called JUDDD. "Johnson Up Day, Down Day Diet". You can Google it but I'm not sure I'm allowed to post the link here.

JUDDD is basically calorie cycling/intermittent fasting. You eat extremely low calories one day: it's a near-fast. Then the next day you eat a bazillion calories. For example, if my consumption is 400 on down days and 2000 on up days, it will average out to 1200 calories a day, but the cycling of fasting/feasting keeps the body from adjusting to a dietary set point.

Also I don't have to go on and on feeling deprived. If I have a difficult DownDay, I just remind myself that I can eat tons of food tomorrow. UpDay is coming! It works extremely well for me. When I eat 1200 calories a day I am just hungry all the time. On JUDDD I am only hungry every other day, even though the average is the same. Plus, I find that fasting has other benefits.

IMO JUDDD is best for low-carb because eating 2000+ calories on an UpDay, if carbs are involved, would put a huge stress on your insulin response. However, according to the author, the plan is designed to be useful for almost any diet/way of eating.

kk2323
01-04-2014, 10:03 PM
Hey all! Joining in to offer and also request support. Emotions plus old habits landed me at 167.4 from somewhere around 145 at the end of June 2013, so I have to get back on track. Good luck to all!

veggiedawg
01-05-2014, 05:03 PM
Welcome kk2323! Are you on any certain diet? (low carb/calorie counting/etc?) Your avatar is so sweet! I love the smiles!

shr1nk1ngme: I read a little about the JUDDD. Those down days must be tough! Do you use meal replacements then? Any favourites?

Thanks for describing your gardening. I didn't realise you actually have 'seasons' where you are. Oh, I would love to be able to grow greens all year long. ((sigh)) I buy a lot of bagged salads...

It's going to be another carb heavy dinner here. DH is craving fresh pasta. I didn't have any carbs for lunch to try to balance it all out.

Have a great day ladies!

MeganTheMushroom
01-05-2014, 05:23 PM
Oh wow wow!
I overate on friday- big meals, lots of (salty, no-nutrient) snacks, and ice cream.
But Saturday and today were great! I visited a good friend in the city, and didn't wind up eating much when I was with him but we did a lot of walking and I got to spend the night with him which was great :)
When I got home, I weighed in and was at 165!
One more week before I head up to northern vermont for skiing (so I will be super active) and then back to school. Is it bad that I'm more excited for the semester than for skiing? :p

shr1nk1ngme
01-06-2014, 12:52 PM
No weight change to report today. :( It's soooo hard after a brutal DownDay to see no resultant loss on the scale the next morning. But I had a lot of vegetable broth late last night and it was really salty so that's probably why.

Today is an UpDay so I am eating loads of calories. Looove up days!

shr1nk1ngme: I read a little about the JUDDD. Those down days must be tough! Do you use meal replacements then? Any favourites?

No I don't do any meal replacements. I treat a DownDay like an almost-fast. I usually have coffee with soy milk for breakfast, a hard boiled egg, a cup of vegetable broth, and a GG's Scandinavian crispbread with Walden Farms strawberry jelly for lunch and then for supper I have 1/3 cup egg beaters scrambled, another cup of broth, and a sugar-free jell-o for dessert. I go SUPER low on my down days (160 calories) so I can eat like mad on my up days.

I make sure I take my vitamins every day, but especially on DownDays ~ and like many low-carbers I have to supplement fiber and potassium. I use "No-Salt" on everthing because it's basically pure potassium and it helps me make up the lack without having to take too many potassium pills. No-Salt brand salt substitute has more potassium than any other brand. I also take psyllium husks on down day (basically Metamucil) to keep things, ummmm, moving along. If the works get gummed up, that can significantly impact the scale. and skew my fat loss estimate.

vix
01-06-2014, 02:36 PM
Thanks for the congratz veggiedawg and shr1nk1ngme - I'll stick around this week yet, don't want to get carried away and have to come back with my tail (or should that be scale?) between my legs!

This JUDDD thing sounds interesting...But 160 calories in a day sounds super low, have you ever fainted or felt faint? I know I feel a little faint if I don't eat every four hours or so, I really don't think I could do that so well done to you for making it work for you!!

shr1nk1ngme
01-06-2014, 02:57 PM
Thanks for the congratz veggiedawg and shr1nk1ngme - I'll stick around this week yet, don't want to get carried away and have to come back with my tail (or should that be scale?) between my legs!

This JUDDD thing sounds interesting...But 160 calories in a day sounds super low, have you ever fainted or felt faint? I know I feel a little faint if I don't eat every four hours or so, I really don't think I could do that so well done to you for making it work for you!!

My blood sugar is very stable because I have been low carbing for so long. I never get blood sugar spikes or drops: one of the advantages of long-term low-carbing. So I don't get faint just from a one day fast; my fasting blood sugar is usually about 85. When I start to feel unbearably ravenous, that's when I eat my HB egg, nice and slowly, with my bran cracker and broth, and I am just fine. The lower you go on your DD's, the more you can eat on your UpDays and the faster you lose weight, as long as you eat all the way up to the UpDay calories and don't try to cut back on UpDays, it all averages out. However, most JUDDDers stick with 350 - 400 on their DD's, and lower their UpDays commensurately.

You can visit the official JUDDD web site and check out the "How to do the Diet" page. There is a calculator about halfway down that page which most people who do JUDDD use to calculate their calories. I have been doing it a long time now so I feel more comfortable tweaking it.

shr1nk1ngme
01-08-2014, 10:26 AM
Yeah down another pound (took me four days, but I'll take it whenever I can get it! Slow and steady wins the race, they say!

Today's an UpDay but I am going to be running around all day so I think all of my calories will be after 4 PM today.

How is everyone else doing?

vix
01-08-2014, 01:00 PM
Well done shr1nk1ngme! So what do you eat on your up days? Is it anything goes or does it still have to be healthy?

I've never tried to cut out carbs, in fact I have a baked potato for lunch almost every day now I'm trying to eat healthier. Some people say they're bad but I've read they're full of resistant starch plus I combine it with olive oil and oily fish so apparently that makes them lower GI...I don't know if any of this is true but I definitely have less hunger in the afternoon and I'm able to stick to my 1200 a day and lose weight so it seems to be working for me - that's the main thing right?!

See you Friday for my weigh-in!!

shr1nk1ngme
01-08-2014, 03:56 PM
Well done shr1nk1ngme! So what do you eat on your up days? Is it anything goes or does it still have to be healthy?

No, I am very particular about my UpDays because I have to make sure my nutrition is excellent so I can sustain myself healthily on my fasting days. So everything is weighed, measured, and entered into FitDay to make sure I am getting 100% RDA/DV of every nutrient. I firmly believe in low-carb, so I strive for a ketogenic diet. My calories are roughly 47% fat, 43% protein, and 10% carbs.

Here's a typical UpDay:

Vitamins, minerals, & supplements
2 cups coffee with soy milk

Breakfast:
Hard boiled egg
Flaxseed One Minute Muffin topped with 2 tbsp sour cream and a sprinkle of truvia, pumpkin pie spice
GG's Scandinavian crispbread
1 oz Monterey jack cheese

Lunch:
Morningstar Griller's Prime burger topped with vegenaise &
1 cup of alfalfa sprouts
Brussels sprouts with 1 oz melted Monterey jack cheese
GG's Scandinavian crispbread with 1 oz cream cheese
Vegetable broth with sliced celery

Dinner:
3/4 cup (huge) Egg beaters omelette with broccoli

Dessert:
2 homemade low-carb chocolate chip cookies (to DIE for)

Snacks (as needed, but I usually save them all for nighttime because that's when I'm most hungry)
walnuts
hazelnuts
almonds
Brazil nuts
Sugar-free jell-o
Celery sticks with 1 oz cream cheese
Vegetable broth

shr1nk1ngme
01-08-2014, 03:58 PM

No, I am very particular about my UpDays because I have to make sure my nutrition is excellent so I can sustain myself healthily on my fasting days. So everything is weighed, measured, and entered into FitDay to make sure I am getting 100% RDA/DV of every nutrient. I firmly believe in low-carb, so I strive for a ketogenic diet. My calories are roughly 47% fat, 43% protein, and 10% carbs.

Here's a typical UpDay:

Vitamins, minerals, & supplements
2 cups coffee with soy milk

Breakfast:
Hard boiled egg
Flaxseed One Minute Muffin topped with 2 tbsp sour cream and a sprinkle of truvia, pumpkin pie spice
GG's Scandinavian crispbread
1 oz Monterey jack cheese

Lunch:
Morningstar Griller's Prime burger topped with vegenaise &
1 cup of alfalfa sprouts
GG's Scandinavian crispbread with 1 oz cream cheese

Dinner:
3/4 cup (huge) Egg beaters omelette with spinach
Broccoli with 1 oz melted Monterey jack cheese

Dessert:
2 homemade low-carb chocolate chip cookies (to DIE for)

Snacks (as needed, but I usually save them all for nighttime because that's when I'm most hungry)
walnuts
hazelnuts
almonds
Brazil nuts
Sugar-free jell-o
Celery sticks with 1 oz cream cheese
Vegetable broth

Edit: Last night I ran out of time so I couldn't get all my nuts eaten before bed ( I buy nuts-in-the-shell and crack them one at a time to slow myself down). But I know that under-eating calories on an UpDay slows down weight loss. So yes, I knew I had to eat MORE calories, and fast. So I ate two more low-carb cookies. It felt so decadent! I love JUDDD. On how many diets are you concerned that you aren't eating enough calories, and as a result have to force down more cookies? lol

vix
01-10-2014, 12:08 PM
Last night I ran out of time so I couldn't get all my nuts eaten before bed ( I buy nuts-in-the-shell and crack them one at a time to slow myself down). But I know that under-eating calories on an UpDay slows down weight loss. So yes, I knew I had to eat MORE calories, and fast. So I ate two more low-carb cookies. It felt so decadent! I love JUDDD. On how many diets are you concerned that you aren't eating enough calories, and as a result have to force down more cookies? lol

Hahahaha! That's true!!

Wow to your daily diet, you sound so much more organized than me!!!

Today I weighed in at 157.2!!! So after waiting to see if it stuck I guess I'm out of this thread and on down to the 150s.

Have a great weekend everyone!!

shr1nk1ngme
01-11-2014, 12:34 PM
Today I finally fit into a pair of jeans in the next size down! I am so happy I could do my happy dance. Hold on...
OK, just went and did my happy dance. http://images.lowcarbfriends.com/lcf/bbs/images/smilies/kicking.gif

DownDay today. Yeah! Now I am feeling more motivated than ever.

veggiedawg
01-11-2014, 12:53 PM
Congrats ladies on your weight loss!!!

My scale is going the wrong way this week...hope to have a better days coming! I'll do some happy dancing for you though--burn some more calories! LOL

shr1nk1ngme
01-14-2014, 09:45 AM
161.0 Today. Won't be long now...:carrot:

LiannaKole
01-14-2014, 09:42 PM
Yes! A 160s thread! I tried to join this in the 20s section, but the place was DEAD. And I can only keep up a conversation with myself for so long. :)

I'm so, so tired of the 160s. I'm ready for the 50s!

Weighed in at 165.2 today. Nearly halfway there! Although I was dehydrated yesterday, so I expect an uptick. Oh well. Water weight happens.

---

shr1nk1ngme: Congrats on dropping a pants size! I love it when that happens! Although it takes me literally 40 lbs to drop a size (from 210 to 165, I'm down ONE size).

LiannaKole
01-15-2014, 08:17 AM
No change today, but not a surprise.

I was glancing through the thread last night - lots of different diets here. It's cool to read about. A common one looked like low carb. I tried that once, but it didn't work for me for long. Eating carbs never bothered me except when they were too processed or sugary (white bread, white crackers, muffins, etc.).

And I think I just realized that with my current eating method that my blood sugar is more stable - I can go longer times without food if needed and not feel faint or ravenous, and I lose a lot of the urgency to eat. It's nice. :)

How's everyone else doing?

shr1nk1ngme
01-15-2014, 09:14 AM
Welcome! :)

It sounds like you are probably already eating a low glycemic impact diet, with plenty of complex carbs. This works for a lot of people! It's perfect because on such a diet you don't have to eliminate whole classes of foods, you just have to eat whole foods and avoid processed/refined ones.

If you ever have issues with blood sugar then I would definitely consider looking closely at your carbohydrate consumption. But otherwise, if you have stable blood sugar and are losing weight steadily, more power to you!

I gained all this weight eating too many beans. Yes, beans. Even carbohydrate from BEANS makes me fat. I have to really watch my carbs. Every single person is different, depending on their insulin response and their bodies' efficiency at making fat cells.

Congrats on achieving stable blood sugar! It really is quite an accomplishment in this world we live in, of metabolic syndrome and processed foods. :carrot:

I am not a diabetic but at my last doctor's visit my blood sugar was 99. This raised the alarm for me, as anything 100+ is defined as type 2 diabetes. So I went back on low-carb, started exercising again, and I purchased a glucose/ketone monitor. I test myself every few days to see how I'm doing; my fasting glucose is back down to 85 (perfect) and my ketones hover around 1.6. The ketones are a bit low for someone on a low-carb diet; I had been hoping for something closer to 2.0-2.5 but no matter how few carbs I eat I can't seem to get more ketosis. My liver must be very, very good at producing glycogen. Which means I have to be careful about overeating protein (always an issue with low-carb) because even protein can be converted to sugar, and then to fat, if I eat too much of it. And it also means that if I under-eat, my body will happily and efficiently cannibalize its own muscle tissue. It's a fine balance, this weight-loss thing. For me, anyway.

shr1nk1ngme
01-15-2014, 09:22 AM
... it takes me literally 40 lbs to drop a size (from 210 to 165, I'm down ONE size).

oh. my. gosh.

I would have despaired! How long did it take you to earn that ONE size? You must have amazing will power! Getting back into my old clothes is one of my biggest motivations. I can't imagine having to wait that long; I might have given up.

shanhat81
01-15-2014, 10:32 AM
shr1nk1ngme: Congrats on dropping a pants size! I love it when that happens! Although it takes me literally 40 lbs to drop a size (from 210 to 165, I'm down ONE size).

This sounds like me. Takes forever to drop a size. I was 210 at my biggest and didn't see any drop until I was under 170. Annoying!

veggiedawg
01-15-2014, 10:56 AM
Hey ladies,

I need to break up with this 167. LOL

I bought some protein powder on the weekend to make smoothies with. I'm trying to give myself a more filling snack at 2pm so I don't go crazy and lose my willpower after dinner.

Hope you all are having a good eating day! :)

Becky Quilts
01-15-2014, 01:59 PM
Counting the calories. Yesterday was a great day, now to keep on in the groove!

WTG ladies - keep on going!

shanhat81
01-15-2014, 03:50 PM
I snuck a weigh-in this morning (I was resolved to wait til Friday but I cracked like an egg) and was pleased to see 163.5. Hopefully I can hold there until I'm actually allowed to count it!

shr1nk1ngme
01-16-2014, 09:30 AM
Ooooo this morning's weigh-in was 159.8. :broc:

I weigh in every two days or so, so when I weigh again on Saturday, if the new weight "sticks" I'll move down to a 150's thread. Hope you ladies get through this decade quickly and can join us in the 150's soon.

veggiedawg
01-16-2014, 09:51 AM
Oh My Gosh! I had to go back and calculate how long this thread has been going...
Shr1nk1ngMe--You lost 10lbs in 4 weeks! (((insert applause!)))

Now, that's hardcore! LOL

shr1nk1ngme
01-16-2014, 02:15 PM
Thanks! I keep being amazed at how well vegetarian/low carb/JUDDD is working for me.

I am sure I will slow down/stall as I get closer to goal. But for now I am really enjoying the weight coming off pretty consistently.

love2b150
01-25-2014, 01:31 PM
Hi All, I weighed in at 169.8 on Wednesday bounced back up and weighed in this morning at 169.6. I got down to 165 on 9/24/2010 and that was the lowest I had been in forever. I hope to stay in this decade and finally see the 150's after four years of trying.

Best of Luck to US ALL :)

love2b150
01-25-2014, 01:52 PM
Welcome! :)

gained all this weight eating too many beans. Yes, beans. Even carbohydrate from BEANS makes me fat. I have to really watch my carbs. Every single person is different, depending on their insulin response and their bodies' efficiency at making fat cells.

I am not a diabetic but at my last doctor's visit my blood sugar was 99. This raised the alarm for me, as anything 100+ is defined as type 2 diabetes. So I went back on low-carb, started exercising again, and I purchased a glucose/ketone monitor. I test myself every few days to see how I'm doing; my fasting glucose is back down to 85 (perfect) and my ketones hover around 1.6. The ketones are a bit low for someone on a low-carb diet; I had been hoping for something closer to 2.0-2.5 but no matter how few carbs I eat I can't seem to get more ketosis. My liver must be very, very good at producing glycogen. Which means I have to be careful about overeating protein (always an issue with low-carb) because even protein can be converted to sugar, and then to fat, if I eat too much of it. And it also means that if I under-eat, my body will happily and efficiently cannibalize its own muscle tissue. It's a fine balance, this weight-loss thing. For me, anyway.

shr1nk1ngme, thanks for the info, you are a wealth of information :)

love2b150
01-25-2014, 02:11 PM
in fact I have a baked potato for lunch almost every day now I'm trying to eat healthier. Some people say they're bad but I've read they're full of resistant starch plus I combine it with olive oil and oily fish so apparently that makes them lower GI...I don't know if any of this is true but I definitely have less hunger in the afternoon and I'm able to stick to my 1200 a day and lose weight so it seems to be working for me - that's the main thing right?!

wow vix that's interesting about a baked potato … :)

I have cut out white potatoes, bread, sweets, pasta, rice until February 2nd. I don't know what I'll add back in yet. I have lost 9.6lbs since January first not counting the January 2nd weigh in at 180.4, that would bring my loss for the month to 10.8 so far. So it's helping me. :)

shr1nk1ngme, I am happy to report my blood sugars are getting better as I go also. :) Oh and I see you are leaving … :congrat: on the new decade :carrot:

shr1nk1ngme
01-25-2014, 06:07 PM
shr1nk1ngme, I am happy to report my blood sugars are getting better as I go also. :) Oh and I see you are leaving … :congrat: on the new decade :carrot:

I still come in here to look around. You folks are going to catch up to me when I hit my next stall. :)

My blood sugar stabilized almost right away, as soon as I stopped eating carbs. Now that I am eating less than 20 carbs a day my blood sugar is consistently in the "normal" range (85-95).

What I am trying for now is a lower blood sugar level (I'd prefer 80-90) and a consistent ketone level of 1.6 -3.0. (I have been testing too low for ketones.) I figured out I was eating too much protein so I took some protein out and added more FAT to my diet for a week. It broke my mini-stall so now we'll see in another week how it goes. I really want to see some blood ketones!

love2b150
01-25-2014, 06:43 PM
Wow 20 carbs a day, I'm sure that will do it. Good work :)

love2b150
01-26-2014, 07:04 PM
day two in this decade

down .4 to 169.2 :)

MeganTheMushroom
01-26-2014, 10:03 PM
Vacation and then coming back to school made my diet and work out routine really rocky.
I'm trying to get things back together, but I've gained a couple pounds.
I'm at 165 now. Hopefully I can keep up exercising during the semester and keep from binging

madeleine1
01-27-2014, 05:09 PM
I am at 163! 17 pounds down ( just posted my pictures in the mini goal album because I got in my jeans)
but I want OUT of the 160's!! I cannot wait to see that scale at 159! I have been sick all week so no exercise, just trying to lay off as many carbs..
the hardest part for me is alcohol! I enjoy a beverage with friends.

Syckgirlsfv
01-27-2014, 05:30 PM
hi everyone...I'm at 167. I was down to 158 in July and then I went to Vegas - came back at 167 after only 3 days there! Then I got back down to 161, then 164...went to Vegas last month weighing 165 and came back 172! WTF??? IT's the booze...I can't drink that much except for wine anymore or this is what happens. I was able to keep to just wine this weekend, and my food choices are much better again. SO. We'll see what happens, cuz I'm going back to Vegas in June ;)

today I had the following:
breakfast - high fiber cereal with unsweetened almond milk
Lunch - El Pollo Loco - avocado burrito that is supposed to be 490 calories, but I don't know how that is! PLUS, they are supposed to use a wheat tortilla, and this one was white. They screwed up :( We'll see what the sodium from it does to me on the scale in the morning!

love2b150
01-29-2014, 05:29 PM
weighed in today at 169 I want to be 167 by February 1st. I got to the gym today so I feel good. Hoping the scale will reward me in the morning :) I have decided that for the next two days I am going to do Atkins induction and see if that will help also. I already have my meals for tomorrow logged into MFP the calories are low and the carbs are great (shr1nk1ngme they are at 22 for the day :))... I hope I won't be hungry :)

shr1nk1ngme
01-29-2014, 05:48 PM
I already have my meals for tomorrow logged into MFP the calories are low and the carbs are great (shr1nk1ngme they are at 22 for the day :))... I hope I won't be hungry :)

22 is awesome! As long as you are eating adequate protein, fiber, and a little bit of (good) fat, you should be OK as far as hunger goes.

I, personally, am RAVENOUS today. Sometimes my DownDays can be SOOOO hard. I'd better see a result on the scale tomorrow morning.

love2b150
01-29-2014, 06:01 PM
me too shr1nk1ngme :crossed: for both of us :)

Syckgirlsfv
01-30-2014, 11:48 AM
hanging in at 167...it was 167.5 and now it's 167. Slowly going back down...I'm ok with that. Just have to be diligent and NO liquor! Even one shot or 2 throws me off :(

love2b150
01-30-2014, 08:35 PM
weigh in today 168.8 down .2 from yesterday ... my goal is to weigh in at 167 on 2/1. I am did Atkins induction today and will do the same tomorrow and maybe through the weekend. We shall see :)

love2b150
02-13-2014, 09:16 PM
Well after weighing in at 170 something for about a week I got to see 169.8 again. Didn't have an OP day so not sure what tomorrows weigh in will be :)

kimmieval
02-13-2014, 10:28 PM
This forum gave me the support I needed in 2010 to lose over 42 lbs. I went from 172 to 128 and kept off 30-35 lbs until last year when I had to start taking prednisone (steroids) and cymbalta. My weight shot up and since then I have been finding it difficult to stabilize my weight. I do have health issues but nothing that explains gaining 4 lbs in one week.
My hope is to do what worked the last time and move from my current 165 lbs to 135 lbs within 6 months by counting calories and upping my exercise.

love2b150
02-15-2014, 11:36 AM
Hi kimmieval, I did really well in 2010 also but now back to trying to get to my low which wasn't as great as yours to would love to get into the 130's. I only got down to 165. I'm trying to get back there now and of course under :). I count calories on MFP but my main focus is low carb. If I can keep the carbs out of my mouth I do fine, but I worry because often times the protein makes me full and my calories are too low. I'm a daily weigher and I have now been going between 168-170 for all of February. I'm a little lost as to what to do to get the scale to continue to move. I wish you much success. Do you still have your plan from 2010? Are you gonna follow that? Do share if you don't mind. I could sure use the help :D

Weigh in today 169.6 up .6 from yesterday after eating 247 carbs last evening, smh.

love2b150
02-16-2014, 03:36 PM
168.4 this morning down 1.2 from yesterday ... please let me see 167 :crossed:

TrayTeam
02-20-2014, 06:52 PM
Bumping this up. I'm at 161.4, so I'm close, but I need that extra push into the 150s. These 160s are lingering longer than they should.

love2b150
02-21-2014, 05:29 PM
TrayTeam, :congrat: you'll be out of here in no time :high:

love2b150
02-23-2014, 09:40 PM
Well after weighing in at 171.0 yesterday, I weighed in at 168.8 this morning ... I sure hope I can get a move on things and get under 165 soon :crossed:

TrayTeam
02-24-2014, 03:35 PM
Thanks love2b150! Looks like you're making good progress too!

Today I was at 160.6...I can feel the 150s just around the corner.

love2b150
02-24-2014, 05:44 PM
Thanks TrayTeam :) the 150's are just around the corner for you ... ahhhhh a new decade :carrot:

I was at 168.2 this morning that's the lowest I've been in 2.5 years I believe ... I'm happy :)

TrayTeam
02-25-2014, 02:11 PM
160.2 now! Inches away from the 150s.

I'm currently doing this with diet alone, but I think when I reach and remain in the 150s, exercise is going to have to come back into my life.

love2b150
02-25-2014, 07:13 PM
TrayTeam :congrat: on the weigh in :) I am gonna be here alone when you leave :( ... what eating plan are you following? anything specific? I think I am at a stall and with TOM you really never know :)

TrayTeam
02-25-2014, 08:25 PM
Thanks!

I'm doing a combination of overall healthy things. I'm watching my calorie intake with MFP (keeping around or under 1400) and eating as little processed foods as possible. Lots of veggies!

It seems to be working, but it's a slow pace. Stupid patience.

Hopefully your stall will end soon! What are you following for weight loss?

love2b150
02-25-2014, 08:32 PM
Thanks :) I'm just low carbing as much as possible. I found out recently as in last week that I can't allow myself to eat carbs. A snack bag of chips sets me off. If I eat sweets I want more. The only thing I seem to control is fries. I eat a 8-10 with ketchup and I am done (the ones that my son makes). I'm trying to maintain some control but it does get harder with each day it seems. I was going to the gym but haven't been in awhile. I know that would make a big difference :)

TrayTeam
02-27-2014, 01:43 PM
Well I'm stuck at 160.2. Maybe we'll both join the 150's thread at the same time!

Patience is key. I just have to look at the NSV and how I feel to keep me on going.

love2b150
02-27-2014, 04:45 PM
TrayTeam, add more water in one day or maybe a few extra calories and surprise your body and see what happens that may get the scale to move ... or give it a few days doing what you know works and something has got to move. I surely don't want you to be stuck in the decade only for a .2 that would drive me nuts :) I think if I were you I may even do all of my water, a protein shake for breakfast, salad and protein for lunch, and then another protein shake for dinner. I'll bet that scale would move then ;)

I was 166.2 yesterday a new low this time around, but I'm up .4 today to 166.6. I am going to the gym this evening but don't know how well I will do since I haven't been in 26 days. But I am hoping to see 165 which will be my lowest weight in 3.5 years. That would be a great way to finish the month off :)

:crossed: that we both see a new LOWER number in the morning :crossed:

TrayTeam
03-01-2014, 02:43 PM
Thanks love2b150! All good advice that I intend to use in the next few days.

Yesterday I gave blood, and I was worried, because the last time I did I was 20 pounds heavier. I came out fine, but made sure that I was well hydrated and also ate enough to compensate.

So I remain here, at 160.4 today.

I bet 165 is going to arrive soon for you!

So

love2b150
03-01-2014, 08:38 PM
TrayTeam, glad you felt fine after donating blood. :) I actually weighed in this morning at 165.6 :) I am only .6 away from my low on 9/24/10 of 165. :)
I have decided that I want to be 156 by my birthday on 4/14. So I have 44 days to get there :) Wish me luck :) Your 160 makes me smile, I can't wait to get close to that number :)

love2b150
03-02-2014, 02:48 PM
165 this morning :)

WahineByTheSea
03-02-2014, 03:49 PM
165 this morning :)

Congrats on reaching your "low"!

:carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

thirti4thirty
03-02-2014, 04:11 PM
Lurking and bookmarking. Imma be joining you guys soon! Wish me luck!

love2b150
03-02-2014, 04:51 PM
WahineByTheSea thank you my friend :)

thirty4thirty, I can't wait to bookmark my spot in the next decade :) Good going you'll be here in a blink :) hoping for a good whoosh for ya :crossed:

TrayTeam
03-03-2014, 01:51 PM
Congratulations love2b150!

The weekend got the best of me, and I'm currently at 162.2. It's ok, Just have to hop right back on and get this weight off.

love2b150
03-03-2014, 02:05 PM
Thanks TrayTeam :) Sorry about the up but you won't be here long :hug: It's just water :)

I am happy to report a drop of .2 to 164.8 :)

hhm6
03-03-2014, 03:08 PM
love2b150 there you are!!! I was around the 170s thread and saw that you moved here, and wow you're so well!!

I hope I can pass the brick wall of the 170s this time!! I want to be here so badly!!

love2b150
03-03-2014, 03:18 PM
Thanks hhm Good to see you :), and thanks for thinking of me :) well you've marked your spot in this decade, just claim it, you are in :hug: I am hoping to keep this going because this is where I messed up big time in 2010. I don't want to stay here too long so I booked marked a spot in an old thread for the 150's ... hoping to revamp it by the time I get there so I'm not alone :) I am claiming it by my birthday in April :) My new challenge is to get to 156 by 4/14. I have two ladies joining me on the Slow Carb thread that I post on ... feel free to join in :) the more the merrier :)

love2b150
03-04-2014, 10:10 AM
up today 1.6 to 166.4 :(

hhm6
03-04-2014, 12:36 PM
Officially joining this thread!!! 169 today!! I usually make sure I see the number two days in a row, but I'm so happy to be out of the 170s!!!

love2b150-maybe water fluctuations?! It'll go down, don't worry!!

love2b150
03-04-2014, 01:18 PM
:cheer: hhm :cheer: Welcome to the new decade :high:

Thanks ... and I hope to wash it out soon :) I just ate 1.5 apples with cinnamon and the carb count said 34 for each apple. I wanted something sweet and figured that was the best way to go. Hope I didn't just blow my day. They also have 5g of fiber. I'm sure I'll eat the other half at some point today :)

JenteIsving
03-04-2014, 03:37 PM
Hi there! :wave:

I've been absent from the boards for a couple of months... and somehow must have managed to get down to 165.5 during that time. Although I'm back up to 165.9 today, but then again the month started with a birthday party and a semi-scheduled girls' night out (well, I guess we all know how these things go ;) )...
So anyway, I'd love to join you all for a (hopefully little) while :D

My new challenge is to get to 156 by 4/14 ... feel free to join in :) the more the merrier :)

Sounds good! Although I'll admit I'd be more than happy if I could make it down to 159.9 till then. For some reason my pace seems to have slowed down a bit... (or am I just getting a teensy bit impatient? :o )

love2b150
03-04-2014, 05:02 PM
Hi JenteIsving :congrat: on your weight loss so far and to be absent and come back with a loss says you've learned a lot, keep up the good work :high: I'd be happy honestly to get to 159-160 at this rate. It seems like the lower I get the more I sabotage things. I just want to give myself a little smile for my birthday. :)

hhm6
03-04-2014, 05:18 PM
Love2b150-Thank you!!! Can I join your plan to be 156 by the 4/14?!! That's an awesome goal!!

I haven't eaten off plan yet today, I did have hot chocolate though (to curb my sugar craving) so that was good but I hope the scale is nice to me tomorrow. I slowly feel an obsession with the scale happening LOL.

kk2323
03-05-2014, 12:22 PM
Hi All!

I think I might have posted here once earlier in the thread, but I'm checking in again. 161.5 today - hoping to get out of the 160s this month. Fingers crossed! It seems like anytime I even have a bite of something off plan, I gain, so I've definitely been struggling. Hoping that some camaraderie in this post helps!

:)

hhm6
03-05-2014, 03:01 PM
kk2323- you're so close!!!! way to go girl!

I was 169 again tosay! No gain so I'm ok!

love2b150
03-05-2014, 05:15 PM
hhm you certainly may join me :hug: I did well today and eventhough I messed up yesterday with my carbs I was still rewarded for some reason ... not complaining :D

Hi kk, you might as well do what I did and bookmark your spot in the 150's thread ... I just wanted to see what it felt like ;) and you will know soon :yay:, way to go :high:

I am a pound down from yesterday not sure how but I will take it :) 165.4 this morning ... hoping to see lower in the morning :crossed:

TrayTeam
03-05-2014, 06:45 PM
I'm hanging in there at 161.8 today!

Good luck everyone!

love2b150
03-05-2014, 09:19 PM
TrayTeam, hoping for a nice whoosh for ya :crossed:

JenteIsving
03-06-2014, 11:51 AM
Hi JenteIsving :congrat: on your weight loss so far and to be absent and come back with a loss says you've learned a lot, keep up the good work :high: I'd be happy honestly to get to 159-160 at this rate. It seems like the lower I get the more I sabotage things. I just want to give myself a little smile for my birthday. :)

Thank you!
Oooh, being in the mid-150s would be such an awesome birthday present. I'm rooting for you!
(... and I'll secretly try to follow you to that "Out of the 150s" thread ;) )

kk2323 and TrayTeam: Whoa, 161. Sooo close. Fingers crossed for both of you!

As for me, my ticker is not lying anymore :D
I'm back down to 165.5 (with a fleeting glimpse of 165.4 this morning).

TrayTeam
03-06-2014, 12:36 PM
Hanging steady at 161! I had a nice run this morning, think I'll add a few more calories in and just drink a ton of water.

Let's do this kk2323, JenteIsving, hhm6 and love2b150!

hhm6
03-06-2014, 01:17 PM
Can I just say how much I love the energy in this thread??!

At 169 again today! Not gonna lie thought it would a bit down but it's not, went to sleep so hungry last night because I had no healthy options to eat :(

JenteIsving
03-06-2014, 02:07 PM
At 169 again today! Not gonna lie thought it would a bit down but it's not, went to sleep so hungry last night because I had no healthy options to eat :(

*Hugs* :hug:
That s*cks. But at least it isn't up, right (cold comfort, I know :^: )?

TrayTeam is right, though: we got this. And we WILL move down to those 150's. :cool:

:hug:

hhm6
03-06-2014, 02:56 PM
*Hugs* :hug:
That s*cks. But at least it isn't up, right (cold comfort, I know :^: )?

TrayTeam is right, though: we got this. And we WILL move down to those 150's. :cool:

:hug:

Ha!! Yes definitely!!

Random question, do you guys ever wake up feeling like you're thinner or weigh less? I can't tell if it's my stomach growls that make me feel this way (in the morning) but sometimes I swear I feel lighter, today was one of those days but no movement lol. It's ok though! Slow and steady wins the race :)

JenteIsving
03-06-2014, 03:25 PM
Random question, do you guys ever wake up feeling like you're thinner or weigh less?

:D I'd never have thought I'd publicly admit to this, but then again I always thought I was the only one who gets this feeling: YES :D
I sometimes have this late at night, just before drifting off to sleep. There are moments when I could *swear* certain body parts are getting thinner. As in, "hey, I can feel I'm losing weight in this or that part of my body right now".
Other days, I wake up feeling a bit lighter in general. (Sadly, the scale doesn't always agree with my feelings ;) )
I don't know if that's just me being tired combined with an overactive imagination and a healthy dose of wishful thinking or what, but it floats my boat :D

Arwen17
03-06-2014, 04:21 PM
I'm so ready to get out of the 160's. I've been trapped here for two months and counting. Come on, little needle, I know you can hit 159 on the scale. You're so close.

hhm6
03-07-2014, 10:47 AM
:D I'd never have thought I'd publicly admit to this, but then again I always thought I was the only one who gets this feeling: YES :D
I sometimes have this late at night, just before drifting off to sleep. There are moments when I could *swear* certain body parts are getting thinner. As in, "hey, I can feel I'm losing weight in this or that part of my body right now".
Other days, I wake up feeling a bit lighter in general. (Sadly, the scale doesn't always agree with my feelings ;) )
I don't know if that's just me being tired combined with an overactive imagination and a healthy dose of wishful thinking or what, but it floats my boat :D

Haha that's awesome!! I felt the same today but no loss boooo! Still 169!! I don't have a digital scale though so I can't tell if I'm losing decimal places lol. I love the feeling though!

I'm so ready to get out of the 160's. I've been trapped here for two months and counting. Come on, little needle, I know you can hit 159 on the scale. You're so close.

That was me in the 170s!! I hope 160s aren't the same :(

love2b150
03-07-2014, 01:07 PM
Thanks Jentelsving for rooting for me :) I sure hope I can get even close to 160 by then. Congrats on your weight loss, you are doing great :) I can't wait to get close to the 150's. I agree ---> I don't know if that's just me being tired combined with an overactive imagination and a healthy dose of wishful thinking or what, but it floats my boat :)

TrayTeam hope your run paid off :crossed: You are so close to the 150's ... I want to be like you :)

hhm way to go on going to bed verses eating :high: and the energy in this thread is great, we are quite supportive of one another and it does make a great difference when everyone is positive and not critiquing all that is done ... thank you all for your support :hug: It's funny when I wake up feeling lighter the scale never rewards me but my glucose meter does :) Some mornings my stomach even looks better also but again not on the scale.

Arwen has your weight been the same for two months or has it fluctuated? Which plan are you following? Hope you get out of here soon :hug: Just noticing your join date. :congrat: on your weight loss do far :high: Keep up the good work :) How long has it taken you to lose the weight you've loss?

well I am up 1.4 to 166.8 ... I ate fries with ketchup and cake batter and a few chips yesterday so I expected it. I still haven't added all of it to MFP yet. Today I am trying the military 3 day diet. I saw it on MFP and figured why not. I've tried every other thing I've seen that I can afford. It has some weird combinations which a lot of people complained about but again that's what makes us all different. It's only 3 days and what didn't work for some may work for others. I had my first slice of bread in about 10 weeks and surprisingly I didn't want another slice. I ate a slice of toast 1/2 cup grapefruit and 2 tbsp of pb and a cup of tea and I am fine. Lunch is supposed to be 1/2 cup tuna, slice of toast, tea. Dinner 3 ozs of ham, 1 cup green beans1/2 banana, 1 apple, 1 cup vanilla ice cream.
I'll let you know how I do ... that's if I don't end up eating extras :) I should do fine in the a.m.

hhm6
03-07-2014, 03:12 PM
Thanks love2b150!!!

It was soo hard to sleep like that, I woke up with a headache too =(

I'm so sad that I'm sick again, twice this month already. I don't think I can work out. Have you guys noticed patterns in your weight loss? I feel like some weeks I stay 175 and then randomly drop to 170, but I'M SO IMPATIENT this time!! I have to wear a saree for a wedding (it shows so much skin) so as long as I go down in inches, I'll be ok, but I hope it translates on the scale too!! I've been eating very clean too. ay.

love2b150
03-07-2014, 04:11 PM
hhm, sorry you aren't feeling well :hug: Where are you? Is it the weather thats constantly changing or a bug? It's been freezing here today it's just above freezing and tomorrow it's supposed to be 67, Sunday 69 and Monday in the 70's. I haven't noticed any type of pattern only because I never follow anything long enough to get into a routine. Except in January when I did the consecration with my church. I think you posted a picture of the saree you are wearing (I think it's nice) I would love to just try one on. If I lose a few pounds of water weight doing this you can always give this a shot, can't hurt :)

hhm6
03-07-2014, 05:06 PM
Love2b150, I'm in California, so I have no reason to complain about weather lol! I think it's just a bug going around right now =(

What diet are you on now? I've been drinking water like crazy, and it helps curb cravings sometimes, but I keep running to the bathroom!! I don't know how people drink so much water on a regular basis lol, unless our bodies get used to it?

Haha sarees are really pretty, but omg they're a nightmare to put on and take off!! I just see old photos of me in a saree and I cringe because of all my lumps and bumps everywhere. I swear my stomach feels flatter today, I was so expecting to see 168, guess it'll come later!

JenteIsving
03-07-2014, 07:10 PM
Just a quick report before I'm off to bed:

I am having a big, moist chocolate cake right now. You know the kind I'm talking about. That slice of heaven on a plate. The kind they serve in cafés in Vienna and Paris. One slice? Tosh!, I say. Make that two or three!
And what's a good chocolate cake without a steaming cup of hot chocolate to go with it? Nothing. So I am having that too!
And I'm not having any regrets whatsoever. Ha! And I won't gain a single ounce on it, ha ha!
You know why?
Because I'm having all of that in the form of scented candles. Chocolate cake scented candles and hot chocolate scented candles :D

Seriously, though, I had some massive chocolate cravings this evening - and weirdly enough, the candles really do seem to help. So I'm sitting here, drinking my cup of white tea like the good girl that I am, and let the candles take care of the cravings :D
Is there really something to it, or am I just weird?

Apart from that bizarre discovery... nothing new. Not down, not up. So I guess that's good news, hm? At least not bad news ;)

Hey Rennie, let's just say we ALL make it to the 150's thread for your birthday - can we have a cyber birthday party then? Over there? :)
I'll bring the cake-candles :D

hhm - Feel better soon! :hug:

love2b150
03-07-2014, 07:43 PM
hhm,I hope you feel better soon, try increasing your vitamin C. I use to work at a day care so I take a vitamin C supplement daily out of habit. Plus I have 4 children that are still in school (two of them always have colds) and it takes me forever to get rid of a cold, sucks. It takes a while but your body does eventually get use to the water :) Today, tomorrow and Sunday I am following the Military 3 day diet. I saw it on MFP and decided why not. Dinner was much more food than I am use to eating so that took a while to eat. After that it says to go back to a 1500 calorie diet for 4 days. I don't eat that much normally so I'll have to look up some meal plans. I hear you on the lumps and bumps ... I call them rolls which I truly hope get smaller. I NEED new bras and the ones I tried on had so much fat hanging in the back it looked horrible. I just need to wait until I get some money and go to VS and buy good bras.

Jentesving, I was wondering why you were going to bed so early but you are in Germany. My sister in law use to live in Germany I remember her postings on FB now :) I'm gonna have to try that with the candles. I wonder if it will just make my greedy behind more hungry :dizzy: That would be a great birthday party ... we wouldn't gain an ounce :D But your cake made me think of this big slab of cake that you can get at Harris Teeter :drool: it is heavenly :) I have an NSV ... my son made cupcakes yesterday and I got the bowl afterwards (yes I'm a big kid) but I have not had one cupcake, isn't that great :) Rest well my friend :)

:carrot: 150's HERE WE COME :carrot:

TrayTeam
03-07-2014, 07:47 PM
Thanks love2b150! I am at 160.8 today, but I feel great, so I just have to focus on that. Another run in the morning for me! A lot of people recently have commented on how great and healthy I look, so I think that's what keeps me going through this stall.

Good luck on the military 3 day diet!

May the 150s arrive for us all soon.

love2b150
03-07-2014, 07:51 PM
TrayTeam, that's a pound down right :woohoo: I'm so happy for you :hug: Good job on your runs, keep up the great work :high:

hhm6
03-07-2014, 08:32 PM
Just a quick report before I'm off to bed:

I am having a big, moist chocolate cake right now. You know the kind I'm talking about. That slice of heaven on a plate. The kind they serve in cafés in Vienna and Paris. One slice? Tosh!, I say. Make that two or three!
And what's a good chocolate cake without a steaming cup of hot chocolate to go with it? Nothing. So I am having that too!
And I'm not having any regrets whatsoever. Ha! And I won't gain a single ounce on it, ha ha!
You know why?
Because I'm having all of that in the form of scented candles. Chocolate cake scented candles and hot chocolate scented candles :D

Seriously, though, I had some massive chocolate cravings this evening - and weirdly enough, the candles really do seem to help. So I'm sitting here, drinking my cup of white tea like the good girl that I am, and let the candles take care of the cravings :D
Is there really something to it, or am I just weird?

Apart from that bizarre discovery... nothing new. Not down, not up. So I guess that's good news, hm? At least not bad news ;)

Hey Rennie, let's just say we ALL make it to the 150's thread for your birthday - can we have a cyber birthday party then? Over there? :)
I'll bring the cake-candles :D

hhm - Feel better soon! :hug:

Thank you!! I love the beginning of your post haha! I totally thought you were indulging in cake! (Chocolate + cake =my ultimate weakness!!!) I haven't had any in awhile though :carrot:

hhm,I hope you feel better soon, try increasing your vitamin C. I use to work at a day care so I take a vitamin C supplement daily out of habit. Plus I have 4 children that are still in school (two of them always have colds) and it takes me forever to get rid of a cold, sucks. It takes a while but your body does eventually get use to the water :) Today, tomorrow and Sunday I am following the Military 3 day diet. I saw it on MFP and decided why not. Dinner was much more food than I am use to eating so that took a while to eat. After that it says to go back to a 1500 calorie diet for 4 days. I don't eat that much normally so I'll have to look up some meal plans. I hear you on the lumps and bumps ... I call them rolls which I truly hope get smaller. I NEED new bras and the ones I tried on had so much fat hanging in the back it looked horrible. I just need to wait until I get some money and go to VS and buy good bras.

Jentesving, I was wondering why you were going to bed so early but you are in Germany. My sister in law use to live in Germany I remember her postings on FB now :) I'm gonna have to try that with the candles. I wonder if it will just make my greedy behind more hungry :dizzy: That would be a great birthday party ... we wouldn't gain an ounce :D But your cake made me think of this big slab of cake that you can get at Harris Teeter :drool: it is heavenly :) I have an NSV ... my son made cupcakes yesterday and I got the bowl afterwards (yes I'm a big kid) but I have not had one cupcake, isn't that great :) Rest well my friend :)

:carrot: 150's HERE WE COME :carrot:

So funny, my mom just told me to take some vitamin c too!! I hope it goes away soon, I hate not being able to work out, I always feels like a slip. I'm going to have to check up on this Military diet! I'm actually eating 1200 right now purely out of veggies/protein/fruits, and I feel great so far, just hope I can keep up with it. There's always a point where I get bored of everything I eat!

Omg yes I need new bras too. I can't seem to fit well in anything at VS, and they're so darn expensive!! I did find some Maidenform at Ross the other day and I stupidly didn't buy them!! I also would like new clothes but I haven't gone down a size yet, I can still fit into my 200lbs clothes, ughh I bet it's because I'm short.

Thanks love2b150! I am at 160.8 today, but I feel great, so I just have to focus on that. Another run in the morning for me! A lot of people recently have commented on how great and healthy I look, so I think that's what keeps me going through this stall.

Good luck on the military 3 day diet!

May the 150s arrive for us all soon.

Wooot!! You're so so close!!! TrayTeam-so since you're a runner! How do run? I mean do you try to get in 2 miles, or 200 calories, or 1 hour? I do this run/walk combo for 1 hr, but people always tell me I should go by mileage (like aim to reach 3 miles/day) does it matter at all?

I hope we all get to the 150s soon!!

love2b150
03-07-2014, 09:33 PM
hhm yes she had me also on the cake and chocolate candle :D I get bored with my foods also ... and funny that I never want what I have so this military diet with it's crazy combinations makes me happy for now :) Are you on MFP? I can add you to see my menu's which rarely reach my calorie limit but if I'm not hungry I'm not going to eat. So I'll do IE along with everything else I do :) I couldn't find any at Ross or Marshall's that didn't have the back fat hanging, ewww :) When I get on the treadmill that's my goal is 4 miles which I can walk in an hour unless I am being a baby, then I slow down and talk myself out of the inclines :)

me too on the 150's ... gotta keep telling myself that :)

Here's my menu

MILITARY 3 DAY DIET

DAY 1:
Breakfast
1/2 Grapefruit
1 Slice of Toast
2 Tablespoons of Peanut Butter
1 cup Coffee or Tea (with caffeine)
Lunch
1/2 Cup of Tuna
1 Slice of Toast
1 cup Coffee or Tea (with caffeine)
Dinner
3 ounces of any type of meat
1 cup of green beans
1/2 banana
1 small apple
1 cup of vanilla ice cream

DAY 2
Breakfast
1 egg
1 slice of toast
1/2 banana
Lunch
1 cup of cottage cheese
1 hard boiled egg
5 saltine crackers
Dinner
2 hot dogs (without bun)
1 cup of broccoli
1/2 cup of carrots
1/2 banana
1/2 cup of vanilla ice cream

DAY 3
Breakfast
5 saltine crackers
1 slice of cheddar cheese
1 small apple
Lunch
1 hard boiled egg (or cooked however you like)
1 slice of toast
Dinner
1 cup of tuna
1/2 banana
1 cup of vanilla ice cream

hhm6
03-08-2014, 01:41 AM
Omg love2b150!! Kudos to you for doing that diet!!!

I think I would be a very cranky person eating those foods lol! Mostly grapefruit, tuna, and vanilla ice cream lol but I looked it up and wow 10lbs a week! (or so they say) I would happy with any loss a week, this week I've gone down a lb I hope next week brings on more!

I'm actually going out to town this week to visit a school I'll be attending in the summer! Excited but scared the road trip will leave me with a ton of water weight from all the salty/carby snacks!!

love2b150
03-08-2014, 02:24 PM
hhm, have a safe trip :) Pack some veggies, fruit and deli meat for the trip ... I doubt it if I'll lose 10lbs. I followed it to the T yesterday but not today so we shall see. My son was invited to a cookout with a college bound program he is in (it's for the family) so we shall see how I do there.

B ~ NONE
S ~ unplanned chips while chauffeuring the children around
L ~ 6 unsalted rounds, extra sharp cheddar, salsa, 80/20 taco meat, grape fruit with juice, cake batter
D ~

hhm6
03-10-2014, 12:57 AM
Thanks love2b150!!

I just got back!! I did awful =( I don't know why I can't stick to my good foods when I'm on a car ride. I think it's because I took incredibly boring food (celery sticks!!!)

Everyone else was muching on the fun stuff, and so I indulged in a bit, but the meals were the hardest. I probably ate enough carbs for the week! so scared to weigh in tomorrow. Way to throw away 2 weeks of effort ugh, so mad at myself. But good thing is, I don't think I ate enough to gain actual weight, maybe some water retention or so? I think I'm under stress, finding housing for grad school was so hard, and time consuming (and expensive!!) :(

so so scared to weigh in tomorrow, praying I am not back in the dreaded 170s, but I have a feeling I will be =(

hhm6
03-10-2014, 01:25 AM
Omg...just weighed myself and I am 172!!!! criesss!

Tomorrow, new day, new game plan! fingers crossed it's water weight from salt. I know I couldn't have eaten 3500+ extra cals =( ugh, what a rollercoaster. Sorry for the late night ramblings!! Hope everyone had a good weekend! I'm off to bed!

Arwen17
03-10-2014, 10:36 AM
Arwen has your weight been the same for two months or has it fluctuated? Which plan are you following? Hope you get out of here soon :hug: Just noticing your join date. :congrat: on your weight loss do far :high: Keep up the good work :) How long has it taken you to lose the weight you've loss?

I've been losing since September, so about 8-10lbs a month by losing 2lbs a week until I hit 165lbs. I'm currently losing 1lb a week steadily now. I dropped to 159 today! woot!

JenteIsving
03-10-2014, 01:07 PM
I am at 160.8 today, but I feel great, so I just have to focus on that. Another run in the morning for me!

TrayTeam? Are you still with us - or are you already in that glorious 150's thread? ;)

Soooo close, not even one measly pound! :carrot:
So you are leaving us any day now :hug:

Arwen Congrats! :carrot:

JenteIsving
03-10-2014, 01:20 PM
I have an NSV ... my son made cupcakes yesterday and I got the bowl afterwards (yes I'm a big kid) but I have not had one cupcake, isn't that great :)

YAY! Good job!
But, um, you mean... that's even possible? Having freshly baked cupcakes right in front of you and not take any? Isn't that against the laws of physics or nature or something? :D
Seriously, that's an awesome NSV! Precisely because cupcakes (and brownies and muffins and... ) are sooo hard to resist.

By the way, how is the military diet coming along? It sounds... military ;)
At the moment, though, I'm kinda tempted to try it. I'm a bit scared I hit another plateau, so maybe it wouldn't hurt to mix things up? Just a little, for a little while? I don't know...

JenteIsving
03-10-2014, 01:31 PM
Omg...just weighed myself and I am 172!!!! criesss!

Tomorrow, new day, new game plan! fingers crossed it's water weight from salt. I know I couldn't have eaten 3500+ extra cals =( ugh, what a rollercoaster. Sorry for the late night ramblings!! Hope everyone had a good weekend! I'm off to bed!

:hug: *Hugs*
Okay, now that sucks. Royally. :hug:
Fingers crossed that it's just water weight.
Ramble away, though. I mean, where else if not here, hm? :hug:

How was your trip in general, though? Did you bring back any other, more pleasant souvenirs? ;)
I hope you had fun! :hug:

hhm6
03-10-2014, 03:00 PM
:hug: *Hugs*
Okay, now that sucks. Royally. :hug:
Fingers crossed that it's just water weight.
Ramble away, though. I mean, where else if not here, hm? :hug:

How was your trip in general, though? Did you bring back any other, more pleasant souvenirs? ;)
I hope you had fun! :hug:

My trip went well! No souvenirs since they always end up collecting dust on my shelf lol, but good trip besides the food and dieting!!

Weighed in today at 170, devastated, but MUCH better than 172, I'm hoping it goes down more tomorrow, going back to clean eating today =) I refuse to change my ticker or go back to the 170s thread :(

TrayTeam
03-10-2014, 03:39 PM
Still here! Still at 160.4!

Granted, I had a few french fries last night, so I have a feeling I'm full of sodium. But I can continue this 160s party with everyone!

hhm6
03-10-2014, 05:02 PM
Still here! Still at 160.4!

Granted, I had a few french fries last night, so I have a feeling I'm full of sodium. But I can continue this 160s party with everyone!

You're soo close!!! What's your current diet plan if you don't mind me asking? I'm sure some of that weight is water retention, anything fried +potato always leaves me with a higher weight!!

So excited for you!!! I can't wait to be out of the 160s, even though I'm technically at 170 today, UGH.

love2b150
03-11-2014, 03:48 PM
whew you all have been busy ...

hhm, car rides are the worse especially if you have to drive. It's just easy to stick your hand in a bag and eat and not worry about what drops (or is that just me :D) Your up is just water. Just get your water in to get it out :hug: I'm always rambling, ramble away :hug:

Arwen, :congrat: on seeing 159 oh my goodness I can't wait :) Which diet are you using? How often do you exercise? I need some help here :D

JenteIsving I think it is because I already had my fix with the cake batter which I love. I will actually open a box of cake mix and pour a cup out a measured cup and add water if I want something really sweet. SAD I know. I didn't even finish the day our OP. My daughter came over and said she and her husband were going to iHop when he got off and I went. I had 3 regular pancakes with regular syrup. I think I was up 1.6lbs the next morning, smh. I may try it again without the toast and crackers. I am giving them up again (no pasta unless it is Shirataki, no rice, no bread, no junk) I hope to follow through with no mishaps. I want to be where Arwen is :D

TrayTeam, the French fry monster gets you too :) Glad you're still here with us but want you to get to the next decade also :)

I am at 166.8 today ... I have ate off plan for so many days it's just plain crazy :dizzy: today is my first OP day. I did have a half of cup of grits over my eggs for breakfast. Not OP but not a lot and not bad bad for me. I'm gonna post my meals again

B ~ 1.5 eggs, w/ cheese, turkey ham, .5 cup grits
L ~ tuna w/miracle whip, relish, taco meat, salsa over sharp cheddar
D ~ ?

03/11 ~
03/12 ~
03/13 ~
03/14 ~
03/15 ~
03/16 ~
03/17 ~

TOTAL =

love2b150
03-12-2014, 09:30 AM
03/11 ~ 166.8
03/12 ~ 165.2 (-1.6)
03/13 ~
03/14 ~
03/15 ~
03/16 ~
03/17 ~

TOTAL =

Had a good OP day yesterday so I'm happy. Hope you all had a good day also and will have an even better day today :hug:

hhm6
03-12-2014, 03:03 PM
You were right love2b150!!!! Btw nice loss!!!

I think today I was 168.5!!! I really need a digital scale, it's so hard to read the little ticks on my scale!! Any recommendations?

I worked out really hard yesterday, it felt amazing!! I don't want to overdo and burn out though by doing it continuously.

Hope everyone is doing well!

love2b150
03-12-2014, 03:41 PM
hhm I just went to Walmart and stepped on a bunch of scales :) that was four years ago. It tells the BMI and gives you a history of the last 10 weigh ins if you save them. When I got this scale I weighed 202lbs. It's a Health O Meter and up to four can record their weight.

thirti4thirty
03-13-2014, 07:37 AM
Knock knock here!
New gurl on the 160's block!! I'm on cloud 9 :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9: . My weight is starting with 16!!!Hurray hurray hurray!
I weighed in at 169.0 this morning.
160's BRING IT ON!

PostWeddingsmallsize
03-13-2014, 12:16 PM
I've been at 169ish for a month now. Once my medical thing is cleared up I hope to start sliding down to 160. In the mean time I'll hang out here and try not to go up to the 170s again.

hhm6
03-13-2014, 02:35 PM
Thanks love2b150!! I will have to check some out, my weight said 168-169 today again, so I'm going to say I'm 168.5. I've been feeling thinner lately, but the numbers just aren't showing up on the scale :( I also want a new scale though, reading between ticks is annoying, and when I sway to the side it moves lol

Yeah thirty!!! Welcome!!!

Postwedding- I hope you're feeling better! The 170s were like that for me, it took me forever to get out of there.

love2b150
03-13-2014, 03:04 PM
03/11 ~ 166.8
03/12 ~ 165.2 (-1.6)
03/13 ~ 164.8 (-0.4)
03/14 ~
03/15 ~
03/16 ~
03/17 ~

TOTAL =

:carrot: thirty4thirty I am so happy for you :carrot:, I remember the first time I saw the 16 I actually rubbed my eyes after blinking them a few times. But I am a multiple weigher when I get up on time :D I have to see the number a few times ;)

Postwedding :hug: I think the 160's are just as difficult as the 170's, I managed to get to where I am only by cutting out everything that I love. Hope things get better soon.

hhm, put the scale on another hard surface and see how it registers. I had to do that in our other house. I use to weigh with it against the wall but the numbers would constantly change so I moved it. No issues. I even have a place here that I place it. I can't wait for you to get a digital scale though :hug:

I am down .4 to 164.8 which was my low on March 8th so goal is to get below that this week :crossed: need to keep my carbs low today ;)

hhm6
03-13-2014, 03:12 PM
Thanks love2b150!! I'm totally going to step on all the scales at walmart haha. The thing is I've trying to weigh myself in the same spot everyday, around the same time, just to be consistent. I might try moving it around to see though! I want to see more of a loss!!! :(:(:(

Btw, how low do you keep your carbs? and I'm on MFP! I remember you asked me and I forgot to tell you, my username is hhm6 on there =) I keep my carbs under 100g (not purposely) I just checked my mfp and it's been consistently low since i've starting eating more veggies.

love2b150
03-13-2014, 03:44 PM
hhm, I sent a friend request, I read 50-100g to lose weight on a diabetic site. So I try to get there and not go above. My days either go one way or the other. They are rarely balanced for a few days to a week, smh. I weigh as soon as I go to the bathroom in the early morning. If I don't get 7-8 hours of sleep the scale is usually not going to give me a good number so those days I try to wait unless I'm hungry then I just hop on the scale and take whatever it says :)

hhm6
03-13-2014, 04:06 PM
yayy just accepted!!

oh cool ok! How long does it take you to see a whossh? I feel like I'm always 179-179-179 then become 177. It's be a lot nicer to see daily losses, even if they're little!

love2b150
03-13-2014, 04:40 PM
hhm I have not had one on this journey yet :( four years ago I had them often but this go around not so lucky. It has taken me 15 months to lose 30lbs this go around. In 2010 I loss 30lbs in 3.5 months just walking 3+ miles 5 to 6 days a week, eating frozen meals HC, LC, SO and a salad for dinner (can't remember what I ate for breakfast and lunch) and only counting calories. If I had a whoosh now you would probably hear me scream (shout with joy) where ever you are :D If you go to http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/208509-nova-girls-were-doing-together-11.html you can see what I've done over the years. It's an old thread that I started with a friend, she left and I kept it going, it's like my blog or something, idk :) I was just reading some of my older post. My calories have never been high unless I have a binge day. I may try a few of those meals and see how I do :)

tadaponce
03-13-2014, 05:39 PM
Hello ladies! I spoke with many of you on the "getting out of the 170s thread" ...I have been maintaining @ 170-175 since December and kicking it back into weight loss mode to loose another 10lb! My next goal is to see 159!! Woopt woopt!! Weight loss is getting harder and harder the light I get...so it can get really frutrating at times. The 170s seemed to last FOREVER (before I decided to maintain)

Well glad to be here...I was 169.6 this Monday and hoping to be 168 by this Monday's weekly weigh in. Hoping to not get frustrated or annoyed with the scale before then lol!!

love2b150
03-13-2014, 06:33 PM
tadaponce :welcome: to the new decade :high: I feel the same way about 165-167. Today is the second time I have been at my low of 164.8. I see it then bounce up. My goal is to see 156 by my birthday 4/14. I did think it was doable when I first said it but since my mishaps with food I'm not so sure. Best of luck to you on your next goal :crossed:

tadaponce
03-14-2014, 12:17 AM
I am having such a horrible time getting back into exercising mode. I have been running throughout my weight last journey which I really love but I think that I need start more strength training in order to start toning up..one problem: I hate it!! lol uhhhhhh!

Ok so what are you doing for exercise? How long each day and how many days a week?

Before now I had been doing 2-3 miles a day 4 days a week religiously. :-) Debating on giving up the strength training and going back to what I like...what to do?! :-D

hhm6
03-14-2014, 01:53 AM
I work out 4-5 days a week (5 if i'm being really good!) I basically do a very slow run/job cycle on the treadmill for about an hr, then do some squats, lunges, and arm exercises with 5lb dumbells I have at home. I don't have a lot or anything fancy to work with so I keep it simple.

I say do what you like! More likely to stick to it that's why :) but you could always add strength training too? I've heard that gives more "physical weight loss", what do you do for strength training?

My HRM monitor says I burn about 400-500 cals in an hr
(my elliptical would read 600!) so now I know i'm burning less but working out is so hard for after a break, ugh it takes all the effort in the world to put on my workout clothes. I am unbelievably lazy sometimes!

Love2b150-I will def check that out later! On my phone at the moment and it's laggin!

thirti4thirty
03-14-2014, 03:18 AM
Hello ladies! I spoke with many of you on the "getting out of the 170s thread" ...I have been maintaining @ 170-175 since December and kicking it back into weight loss mode to loose another 10lb! My next goal is to see 159!! Woopt woopt!! Weight loss is getting harder and harder the light I get...so it can get really frutrating at times. The 170s seemed to last FOREVER (before I decided to maintain)

Well glad to be here...I was 169.6 this Monday and hoping to be 168 by this Monday's weekly weigh in. Hoping to not get frustrated or annoyed with the scale before then lol!!

This! The 170's didn't give me such a rough time, but then when I got towards the end it became another story altogether! I'm happy that I'm through

Thanks, hhm6 and love2b150! Good to see you here!
Today I'm in at :sunny:168.8:sunny:! It's really important for me to take my time and write this here because I'm going to spend this weekend with family and y'all know what that means.
Wish me luck.

hhm6
03-14-2014, 03:59 AM
This! The 170's didn't give me such a rough time, but then when I got towards the end it became another story altogether! I'm happy that I'm through

Thanks, hhm6 and love2b150! Good to see you here!
Today I'm in at :sunny:168.8:sunny:! It's really important for me to take my time and write this here because I'm going to spend this weekend with family and y'all know what that means.
Wish me luck.

Good luck girl!!! I totally know what you mean!! haha :hug:

love2b150
03-14-2014, 09:00 AM
tadaponce I only walk 3-4 miles on the treadmill. Whatever I can do in an hour, when I can. I'd like to do it 5 days a week but that hasn't happened in a few weeks or more. I need to do some major toning though. That's what I miss about going to Curves that circuit got everything in shape and only 30 minutes. It is worth it. I'll have to check into cost again. :)

thirty4thirty, it either means good eats or you'll endure the dreaded weight loss questions ... either way good luck. My Mom will be here tomorrow and she has always talked about my weight so it will be interesting to see what she has to say this go around. I told her I had loss 30lbs since December, she said oh you are skinny. Well we know that's a joke and coming from someone that weighs about 108 doesn't make me smile. Now my daughter weighs 120 and I love her compliments. They are sincere. :) She said last weekend oh mom I can see your butt, I thought that was funny since it's flat. Maybe the inclined walking is giving it a lift ;)

hhm I am lazy when it comes to working out most of the time, but once I get in the vehicle I'm good :) I like to see if I can keep up with the person next to me (if they are walking) I can't jog/run for long. I get winded really fast and then I can't get my heart rate to go down ... feels like it's coming out of my chest :(

down another .4 to 164.4

hhm6
03-14-2014, 02:32 PM
168 today! Yay! 8 more lbs to be the lowest weight I've been as an adult!!

Good job love2b150! a loss is a loss! :carrot:

love2b150
03-14-2014, 03:14 PM
hhm :yay: YOU :) What kind of scale did you get?

Syckgirlsfv
03-14-2014, 03:33 PM
hi ladies! :wave::wave::wave:

I don't come on much, as weight loss is sloooooooooooow. But, when I lose too quickly it tends to come back, so oh well. I last posted at 167, and here I am like 3 weeks later at 165.2. ALMOST to 164. I am hoping to be back under 160 by the time I hit Vegas again, which will be June 16th :D Spa suite at the MGM Grand this time, with 2 free tickets to KA. CANNOT wait!~!!!:carrot::carrot::carrot:

hhm6
03-14-2014, 03:35 PM
It's the same scale love2b! The tick just seemed more towards 168 today haha

hhm6
03-14-2014, 03:36 PM
hi ladies! :wave::wave::wave:

I don't come on much, as weight loss is sloooooooooooow. But, when I lose too quickly it tends to come back, so oh well. I last posted at 167, and here I am like 3 weeks later at 165.2. ALMOST to 164. I am hoping to be back under 160 by the time I hit Vegas again, which will be June 16th :D Spa suite at the MGM Grand this time, with 2 free tickets to KA. CANNOT wait!~!!!:carrot::carrot::carrot:

Woot!! that's amazing! I used to live in Vegas, loved it there!! You can totally do it!

love2b150
03-14-2014, 06:05 PM
Syckgirlsfv nice weigh in :high: That is definitely doable :crossed:

hhm ok I thought I had read you got a new scale :dizzy: maybe I just want you to have a new scale :hug:

JenteIsving
03-14-2014, 07:33 PM
Hey ladies!

Remember me? ;)
I'm crazy busy these days, however this is not likely to change anytime soon and I don't want to go MIA again. So here I am, dog-tired (it's past midnight), but posting.

First off, welcome to all of our newcomers! :wave:

As for me, my body seems to be convinced that 165.5 is the bestest number in the whole wide world - maybe that's why it has such a hard time letting it go and finally move on to... oh, I don't know, 165.0 would be nice ;)
I've been a good girl, though (weeeell, mostly. To the best of my ability :D ), so I hope it's just a matter of "patience, grasshopper, patience". Right? Right?
On the other hand, I had a NSV yesterday. One that kind of scares me, to be honest. You know those special "plus size stores"? Where the smallest size is a 12? (Just picture the European equivalent of Lane Bryant, Torrid and the like)
It's offical: I can no longer shop there.
A couple of weeks ago, I had finally accepted that I needed to buy some new clothes (mainly because I have no desire to repeat my experience from last July which I usually just refer to as "The Incident": I lost my pants in public. Thank goodness there was no-one around to witness... well, you know :D ). Anyways, I ordered a couple of pants and shirts in their smallest size - and I had to send each and every one of them back. All of them were too big. So I then ordered some pants and shirts from a "regular size store", and with the way that "vanity sizing" goes here, I thought I'd need a size 12 for sure. Then a friend of mine butted in and persuaded me to go for a 10. "Just for fun". Yeah, right, as if... But, I did. Just to humor her.
Long story short - I'm apparently now a "regular size" 10 :faint:
And for some reason this scares me. A lot. Now is that silly or what?
Oh well, I guess that gives me something to ponder, hm?

(See, that's why I shouldn't post late at night ;) )

love2b150
03-14-2014, 09:55 PM
Jentelsving I think that is great, way to go :high: I still have a pretty nice size stomach though well hidden in my clothes it is there. I think I will need to definitely lose 10lbs more in order to fit into a size 10, even comfortable size 12. I have quite a few 12's from when I loss weight before and they do fit fine as long as I don't eat or drink anything ;) So :yay: for you on the size 10's

Rest well :)

Joan
03-16-2014, 02:57 PM
Glad to see this thread still going. I am still stuck in the stupid 60s, wondering if I'll ever get out. I Zumba hard 3-4 times a week, and do eat healthy/organic, just a little too much.
I hate that I'm really going to have to cut back significantly if I want to really LOSE as opposed to stay right where I am.

hhm6
03-16-2014, 03:36 PM
Glad to see this thread still going. I am still stuck in the stupid 60s, wondering if I'll ever get out. I Zumba hard 3-4 times a week, and do eat healthy/organic, just a little too much.
I hate that I'm really going to have to cut back significantly if I want to really LOSE as opposed to stay right where I am.

I hate that too!! I feel like my diet has become super healthy, and I'm probably losing an oz a week!! ugh, frustrating!

How long have you been in the 160s? the 170s were brutal for me, I swear it's my "comfy" region, so I'm doing anything I can to not get back there!!

I was 168 today! I had a cheat meal yesterday though, surprised I'm not higher today!

tadaponce
03-16-2014, 05:46 PM
Tomorrow is weigh in day!!! (for me anyway) Woopt Woopt!!! Keep it up ladies...let's ROCK THIS WEEKEND!!! :carrot:

hhm6
03-16-2014, 06:00 PM
Omg tadponce!!!

your ticker says 10lbs to go to goal!!! So excited for you! :carrot:

tadaponce
03-16-2014, 07:48 PM
Omg tadponce!!!

your ticker says 10lbs to go to goal!!! So excited for you! :carrot:

Awww thank you!!! Haha!! Knowing me..when I get to that point, my goal weight will change again....my first and original goal was to make it to 199 and then from there I changed it to 170lb....and well, now it's to make it to 159. lol!! I'll see how I feel when I get there...I think that I would be happy to maintain around 155-159 for good. I'm 5'6 and have a larger frame...so I think that weight would look good on me. We'll see lol! :dizzy:

love2b150
03-16-2014, 08:02 PM
Joan, I thought that the 170's were but the 160's aren't much easier. I don't know what to do to shake things up and get the scale moving again :(

hhm, that means your cheat wasn't too bad :)

tadaponce I'm excited for you :) Hope your weigh in is great :crossed:

I'm going in the wrong direction again as usual up .8 to 165.4

LiannaKole
03-16-2014, 09:45 PM
Okay, I am starting a 21 week thing to get down to a normal weight. I have been off the wagon and trudging behind it for a while now (I was on track, then I had some major upheaval in my life with caring for a sick relative who is basically poison). I'm ready to jump back on.

I weighed in at 171.4 today, but I didn't see a 170s thread here, so I figured I'd hang out until I'm back in the 160s (which shouldn't be long). I'm normally in the 160s range and don't deviate outside of it - I went over the 170 line with the circumstances I mentioned.

The 160s are my quicksand. I get sucked back into them all the time. I'm hoping this thread, chatting with you awesome people, and some other things I'm going to do are going to help me haul @ss out of there! (Toward the 150s, just to be clear ;) ).

---

So, question: how do you guys deal with cravings for crap that take up all your mental power and last for several days in a row? I'm always doing great until those hit. Anyone have anything that's their go-to? :)

love2b150
03-16-2014, 10:04 PM
LiannaKole, :welcome: to the thread. :) My only thing to do is stay away from carbs (that I like) once I start I can't stop, so I just don't at least try not to and most of the time I succeed.

thirti4thirty
03-17-2014, 04:39 AM
Hi y'all! Hope you had a great weekend!
I'm weighing in today at 168.4 pounds and I'm super extra happy and eternally grateful. I was expecting to see a sharp raise, but it is a lost rather!
I binged on saturday, with family. But fortunately for me, I walked a lot also. Refusing to take cars. I believe that helped.

love2b150: Yeah right! My mum noticed my weight loss and she was super happy about it. My sister too! My mum says she's inspired by my new walking routines and that I know how to take care of myself. Mommy's daughter is proud.
lol!
Welcome and :goodluck: to the newcomers. Have a fruitful week y'all :hug:

love2b150
03-17-2014, 09:21 AM
thirty4thirty we had great NSV's this weekend :high: I'm proud also. :)

However, I have gained 2.4lbs of water in 3 days. Weigh in this morning 167 even. I don't know what's wrong with me sometimes. :dizzy: As of today I have 7lbs to lose by my birthday next month :) Now that will take a miracle. I have also decided that I will fast every Tuesday from dinner to dinner. I will try with green tea and water, but if I don't feel right I may have to drink some broth to keep my blood sugar in check.

zeropain
03-17-2014, 10:31 AM
I,ve decided that weight loss does not have to be a life sentence..I changed my eating habits and started eating mainly fresh unprocessed foods..i have not excluded any food type but i have made sure that the foods i eat are predominantly free of processing. To my amazement i have lost 10lbs in one month and feel full of energy. I am more active and the aches and pains have been reduced to a bare minimum. My goal is to continue and see where this journey will lead to...
I will keep you posted..and remember keep smiling!!:):)

hhm6
03-17-2014, 12:59 PM
Ugh I was 170 again today!! But I ate bad carbs yesterday and granola bars, here's hoping its water weight!! :(

love2b150
03-17-2014, 03:18 PM
zeropain :wel3fc: and congrats on the 10LBS GONE :high: Do share your highest weight, current weight and goal weight please. I'd love hear :)

hhm one day ... you know it's water weight :hug: I'm hoping today is a better day than the last few days for sure. It's crazy how a few items can just wreck that number on the scale. Thank goodness we know it won't last long :)

hhm6
03-17-2014, 03:27 PM
You're right love2b!

I didn't eat well this morning either! I made cookies for st.pattys day and ate 4 of them, already 300 cals I didn't need. plus chicken nuggets, I swear food for kids always ruins me lol.

I need to learn self control, one of these days.

Hope everyone is having a good Monday!!

love2b150
03-17-2014, 04:53 PM
I made some cabbage today. I put too much red pepper in it and it's spicy now, just imagine how spicy it will get in a few day, smh. I am going to make more oopsie bread with my daughter today and she wants to make creamed spinach, yum :) I'd like to figure out how to make flourless cookies or something of the like ;)

tadaponce
03-17-2014, 08:01 PM
Keep it up ladies!!!! We can do this!!!

Weigh in went well today!! 166.2!! Get my 2 mile run in first thing this morning...had some smoked pulled pork BBQ for dinner with a couple spoonfuls of mashed potatoes. Under my calories bank for the day and feeling satisfied!!

Keep your heads up!! We all WILL see 159 sooon!!!!

hhm6
03-17-2014, 08:12 PM

Weigh in went well today!! 166.2!! Get my 2 mile run in first thing this morning...had some smoked pulled pork BBQ for dinner with a couple spoonfuls of mashed potatoes. Under my calories bank for the day and feeling satisfied!!

Omg inspiration right here!! Do you run your two miles? I'm doing awful today!! I keep eating these cookies and carbs, I'm usually all veggies during the week, ugh!! How many cals do you try to keep under a day?!

I'm so annoyed with myself today!! C'mon hhm6! get with it already!!!

tadaponce
03-17-2014, 08:18 PM
Just keep swimmin!!! Get rid of the carbs-to family, friends or the trash! Take control...and remember a bad day does NOT have to become a bad week ;-D (I just need to remember this when I'm having a bad day lol)

love2b150
03-17-2014, 09:03 PM

tadaponce I love the happy in your post :carrot: Great job :high: and we will ALL see 159 :)

Omg inspiration right here!! Do you run your two miles? I'm doing awful today!! I keep eating these cookies and carbs, I'm usually all veggies during the week, ugh!! How many cals do you try to keep under a day?!

I'm so annoyed with myself today!! C'mon hhm6! get with it already!!!

hhm Don't be annoyed it's one day ... try drinking water the remainder of the evening and put the cookies away (out of sight) spray some lysol or something get the good smell out, brush your teeth (I've never done that but I hear it works) you can do it :hug:

... today has been a pretty good day for me. I ate OP other than some cheese balls with my little one, I went to the gym walked 3.61 miles burned 447 calories. I made two batches of oopsie bread. One to use as a snack with my jello, sweetened cream cheese and one to use for sandwiches and whatnots. I also made some cabbage but I put a tad too much red pepper in it and it is hot, whew. But I made it so I will eat it. I also cooked some spinach because my baby wanted creamed spinach, I didn't cream mine it's plain and I got all of my water in and 4 cups of green tea.

Hope the scale goes back down in the next few days. I will be so happy :) I was gonna try to go to Curves to see what there new JM thing is about and how much it cost (saw the commercial) tomorrow but the weather is getting back and I don't drive on ice :nono:. I use to go to Curves and loved how it toned my body, I lose inches very well there ;)

hhm6
03-17-2014, 11:42 PM
I made some cabbage today. I put too much red pepper in it and it's spicy now, just imagine how spicy it will get in a few day, smh. I am going to make more oopsie bread with my daughter today and she wants to make creamed spinach, yum :) I'd like to figure out how to make flourless cookies or something of the like ;)

tadaponce I love the happy in your post :carrot: Great job :high: and we will ALL see 159 :)

hhm Don't be annoyed it's one day ... try drinking water the remainder of the evening and put the cookies away (out of sight) spray some lysol or something get the good smell out, brush your teeth (I've never done that but I hear it works) you can do it :hug:

... today has been a pretty good day for me. I ate OP other than some cheese balls with my little one, I went to the gym walked 3.61 miles burned 447 calories. I made two batches of oopsie bread. One to use as a snack with my jello, sweetened cream cheese and one to use for sandwiches and whatnots. I also made some cabbage but I put a tad too much red pepper in it and it is hot, whew. But I made it so I will eat it. I also cooked some spinach because my baby wanted creamed spinach, I didn't cream mine it's plain and I got all of my water in and 4 cups of green tea.

Hope the scale goes back down in the next few days. I will be so happy :) I was gonna try to go to Curves to see what there new JM thing is about and how much it cost (saw the commercial) tomorrow but the weather is getting back and I don't drive on ice :nono:. I use to go to Curves and loved how it toned my body, I lose inches very well there ;)

Thanks love2b150! And good for you for staying on plan!! I realize my TOM is near, so maybe that's why I'm eating junk?! The cravings seem so bad this go around, and my weight is up, :shrug:

Btw how do you make your cabbage? I've been cutting my up, adding chicken with some dressing, it's soo good! But getting bored of it lately. I have never been to curves, is it a diet plan? or more of a gym? I would love for inches to go away rather than a lower number on the scale sadly none have changed on mine yet. Now that I know it's TOM time, I shouldn't be too surprised if the scale is up again tomorrow.

Btw I've heard spice is good for weight loss :)

thirti4thirty
03-18-2014, 07:43 AM
Thanks love2b150! And good for you for staying on plan!! I realize my TOM is near, so maybe that's why I'm eating junk?! The cravings seem so bad this go around, and my weight is up, :shrug:

Btw how do you make your cabbage? I've been cutting my up, adding chicken with some dressing, it's soo good! But getting bored of it lately. I have never been to curves, is it a diet plan? or more of a gym? I would love for inches to go away rather than a lower number on the scale sadly none have changed on mine yet. Now that I know it's TOM time, I shouldn't be too surprised if the scale is up again tomorrow.

Btw I've heard spice is good for weight loss :)

Oww guys! I'd love to receive cabbage recipes too. I was made to hate it completely but I wouldn't say no to yummy recipes!
I'm weighing in today at :sunny: 167.9 :sunny:!!! It came 3 times and it even gave me a lower figure but I prefer to keep this one just in case :^:
Yet I ruined it this morning (not feeling guilty about it though cause I'm going to WALK home to burn it) That will be about 4 miles.
I'm really proud of myself to say the least. I'll be hitting the 20 lbs milestone in a few days and I've NEVER done that before.
HUGS TO Y'ALL AND KEEP GOING!

hhm6
03-18-2014, 01:14 PM
Oww guys! I'd love to receive cabbage recipes too. I was made to hate it completely but I wouldn't say no to yummy recipes!
I'm weighing in today at :sunny: 167.9 :sunny:!!! It came 3 times and it even gave me a lower figure but I prefer to keep this one just in case :^:
Yet I ruined it this morning (not feeling guilty about it though cause I'm going to WALK home to burn it) That will be about 4 miles.
I'm really proud of myself to say the least. I'll be hitting the 20 lbs milestone in a few days and I've NEVER done that before.
HUGS TO Y'ALL AND KEEP GOING!

Yayyyy!!! You're doing so well!! the 20 lb mark was big for me too! You should totally take pics every 10 lbs, its amazing to see the results that way.

So its TOM for me so I'm at 170 again today ugh. Going to try my best to stay on plan, I can't tell if I'm craving sugar or if it's just psychological lol.

love2b150
03-18-2014, 10:28 PM
hhm, I never know when TOM is coming if it comes at all. I'll be 48 next month and since August I have been hit or miss and then it's lighter and shorter days, so hope that means it's leaving soon :crossed: For my cabbage I used two cups of low sodium chicken broth, green pepper, onion and red pepper. I turned it on low and when I started to smell the peppers really well I turned it off. Curves is like a gym but a circuit. You go around in 30 minutes and everything uses self resistance (I think that's what they call it.) And it works. I don't think I'm going to be able to do it. We can't afford another expense and I have a feeling it's more than my hubby will want to fork out with me not working so it's ok. I need to learn how to use the machines at the gym anyway :) Really on the spice? I just heard that carrots turn into sugar. I didn't know that either (I don't like them anyway but figured I'd try them and ate them with some spinach dip). But I don't need anything that I don't like anyway to elevate my sugar so I won't eat them :D It's cravings just don't cave in :)

thirty4thirty :yay: on the 167 :high: I do that also (take the higher number). When I was younger I hated cabbage so I would put ketchup on it. It makes it sweet and it's so good. I will put it on there sometimes now as a treat :)

I had a really OP day. I only had 18 carbs, 1284. I walked 2.77 miles, burned 350 calories and I am feeling good. I think the oopsie bread is my new go to food. It is very versatile and I am coming to love it :) We will do this :hug:

thirti4thirty
03-19-2014, 04:16 AM
Yayyyy!!! You're doing so well!! the 20 lb mark was big for me too! You should totally take pics every 10 lbs, its amazing to see the results that way.

So its TOM for me so I'm at 170 again today ugh. Going to try my best to stay on plan, I can't tell if I'm craving sugar or if it's just psychological lol.

Actually I'll be doing it every 20 lbs. I saw your pics on the other thread. That's fantastic!!

Love2b150 Thanks for that recipe! I'll consider that for snack as well. Thanks for the great tips girls.
Today I'm weighing in at 167.1
I'm happy. I was at an event y'day and ate a lot of oily foods. I had to walk home to burn that. lol I ended up walking halfway bcos the sun was scorching and I truly got exhausted. I also did a lot of housework bcos I'm expecting a guest. So all the moving around is what helped me. I'm excited. I want to see 166 tomorrow so I'm going to walk about a lot today too!

:hug::high::high::high:

LiannaKole
03-19-2014, 09:27 AM
Well, my weight hit 167.5 today just as I noticed the 170s thread here (I hadn't seen one before). Oh well. I'm here now!

Finally ditched some water weight, which is nice. Feels better, too. Now to keep on going and work on the fat. ;)

I was very nauseous/crampy around the stomach (upper abdomen) area yesterday. Very unpleasant. I got hungry, but food made it worse. And it gave me headaches. No idea what that was, but I hope it's over now!
---

hhm6: my weight goes up and/or stalls at my TOM too. But then a few days later it all drops off, sometimes with a net loss, which is nice. The hard part is being reasonable about the carby cravings I get the week before.

thirti4thirty
03-19-2014, 10:53 AM
hhm6: my weight goes up and/or stalls at my TOM too. But then a few days later it all drops off, sometimes with a net loss, which is nice. The hard part is being reasonable about the carby cravings I get the week before.
It's my situation too!
Welcome Lianna!

tadaponce
03-19-2014, 11:04 AM
So up 0.5lb today...oh well! Goal is still get to 2 Ln off this week and I still have 5 days to do it...so I'll just keep working on it!!!! Hope y'all have a fantastic day!!!

hhm6
03-19-2014, 01:12 PM
Love2b ill find a link where I read that :)! Back at 168 today!!

JenteIsving
03-19-2014, 07:26 PM
Hi there!

I've been trying to read up on what happened here those past few days... no chance, you guys are chatty ;)
Just kidding, I'm glad this thread is so active! :)

All this talk about cabbage made me buy some red cabbage today :D
I'm just not sure what to do with it, yet. The traditional thing would be to use it as a side dish with potato dumplings or bread dumplings... maybe not the best idea. Ah, we'll see, I'll come up with something :D

Other than that... do you know any carousel horses who could use a break? I could totally fill in for them. I'm feeling like one anyway: my weight's been going up and down and up and down... and it's all Tom's fault! :mad:
Tom came by for a visit, and whenever Tom shows up my food choices... aren't necessarily ideal. This time Tom brought a friend: the Easter Bunny of Doom. Mint chocolate. It snuck up on me and I... I... I couldn't help it...

Or in other words: it's TOM and I ate the whole darn thing :^:
Oh well, lesson learnt. I can't have mint chocolate in the house.

That was three days ago. Since then, I got up every morning at five (I'm so not a morning person, takes me forever to be able to do... anything at all) to get in some extra minutes (okay, half an hour) of exercise. That's okay, though, I meant to try and do just that anyway, so I figured now is as good a time as any. But, gosh, why does the morning always have to come that early? :dizzy:

And on that note - I'm off to bed. Good night everyone!

Ah, not yet.
Just wanted to add: I've also read about that spice thing hhm mentioned. I just can't remember where or what exactly was said. I only remember that it's supposed to help with weight loss. That was good enough for me, seeing as I like spicy food anyway :D

Oh, and while we are at it, has anyone heard that white tea is said to help with weight loss/"protect" the skin during weight loss? Is there any truth to it or is it just a myth?

Okay, *now* I'm off to bed. No, really. Good night! ;)

hhm6
03-20-2014, 01:52 AM
Hi there!

I've been trying to read up on what happened here those past few days... no chance, you guys are chatty ;)
Just kidding, I'm glad this thread is so active! :)

All this talk about cabbage made me buy some red cabbage today :D
I'm just not sure what to do with it, yet. The traditional thing would be to use it as a side dish with potato dumplings or bread dumplings... maybe not the best idea. Ah, we'll see, I'll come up with something :D

Other than that... do you know any carousel horses who could use a break? I could totally fill in for them. I'm feeling like one anyway: my weight's been going up and down and up and down... and it's all Tom's fault! :mad:
Tom came by for a visit, and whenever Tom shows up my food choices... aren't necessarily ideal. This time Tom brought a friend: the Easter Bunny of Doom. Mint chocolate. It snuck up on me and I... I... I couldn't help it...

Or in other words: it's TOM and I ate the whole darn thing :^:
Oh well, lesson learnt. I can't have mint chocolate in the house.

That was three days ago. Since then, I got up every morning at five (I'm so not a morning person, takes me forever to be able to do... anything at all) to get in some extra minutes (okay, half an hour) of exercise. That's okay, though, I meant to try and do just that anyway, so I figured now is as good a time as any. But, gosh, why does the morning always have to come that early? :dizzy:

And on that note - I'm off to bed. Good night everyone!

Ah, not yet.
Just wanted to add: I've also read about that spice thing hhm mentioned. I just can't remember where or what exactly was said. I only remember that it's supposed to help with weight loss. That was good enough for me, seeing as I like spicy food anyway :D

Oh, and while we are at it, has anyone heard that white tea is said to help with weight loss/"protect" the skin during weight loss? Is there any truth to it or is it just a myth?

Okay, *now* I'm off to bed. No, really. Good night! ;)

TOM right here too!!! I have been eating horribly today. I just crave sugar and carbs. I ate lunch well, walked 2 miles, ate dinner, then I went and got a mcflurry, now came home and had a sweet coffee drink, UGHHH why!! the mcflurry alone is 610 calories according to MFP. Seriously? What the heck is in this stuff?! I would have eaten 6 of those 100 calorie brownies instead, so annoyed.

I can't wait until TOM is over.

Btw here is the article, not scientific by any means but thought I would share! http://www.fitday.com/fitness-articles/fitness/weight-loss/how-spicy-foods-can-speed-up-your-metabolism.html

thirti4thirty
03-20-2014, 08:46 AM
TOM right here too!!! I have been eating horribly today. I just crave sugar and carbs. I ate lunch well, walked 2 miles, ate dinner, then I went and got a mcflurry, now came home and had a sweet coffee drink, UGHHH why!! the mcflurry alone is 610 calories according to MFP. Seriously? What the heck is in this stuff?! I would have eaten 6 of those 100 calorie brownies instead, so annoyed.

I can't wait until TOM is over.

Btw here is the article, not scientific by any means but thought I would share! http://www.fitday.com/fitness-articles/fitness/weight-loss/how-spicy-foods-can-speed-up-your-metabolism.html
I know that feeling. Cravings of sugary food and feeling heavy and bloated! UGH! I haven't had it this month yet. It seems like a monthly monster especially when I'm dieting.
JenteIsving:welcome:
Today I'm in at :dance:166.6!!! :dance:
For once I feel I deserved it. I had a soda y'day plus a buttery pie but I made sure I walked and walked and walked y'day. I walked everywhere! I must have done about 6 miles. My body was sweetly sour at the end of the day and I slept like an angel! lol

thirti4thirty
03-21-2014, 04:46 AM
166.4 lbs today!

LiannaKole
03-21-2014, 08:58 AM
167 today! I think part of my fairly rapid loss is because I was above where I normally am for a few weeks (water weight, too) and because I'm still getting over that stomach bug (so I eat a bit less). I'll take it, though. :)

My new exercise plan got derailed because I wrenched something in my neck. It hurts to breath too deeply, never mind lift weight or walk briskly (or slowly, for that matter). I'll have to sit tight until it gets a bit better. When this happens I tend to push myself and then the muscle gets re-injured, rinse and repeat. So this time I'm trying to wait and see. Hopefully it works.
---
JenteIsving: Welcome to the thread! I'm brand new, too! And yeah, I couldn't keep up either. :) I agree on TOM and cravings - when they hit, I want salty, sugary, carby stuff. Which is hard to manage sometimes (most times). I'm trying to figure out a system for it, since it's going to be happening for a very long time yet. No dice so far...

Syckgirlsfv
03-21-2014, 01:16 PM
happy Friday and first day of spring! I know I come on here very sporadically, but I am so busy! Accounting final last night and my brain hurts...off today so going to take a bike ride with DH, a long one.

165 today. I'm up and down a pound but hoping to break through to 164 soon - this sucks! I'm 43 and the scale doesn't do what I say anymore! BOO. The path we are going to ride on is quite a few miles so that will help. I've been getting back in to fitting exercise in lately, but it's still hard working full time and college full time, too. Later tonight I'll do some chest here at home with my push-up bars. Unless I decide to it the gym and do flies, we'll see!!!

LiannaKole
03-22-2014, 10:41 AM
166 today! I'm trying to stay the course the get out of the effing 60s. I've far overstayed my welcome and I'm ready to move on!

Syckgirlsfv: Congrats on finishing your final! I hope the bike ride helped with your fried brain! (Or at least my brain felt fried when I took my accounting finals...). For me, the scale rarely does what I say (and I'm in my 20s). But I've been tracking it and when I stay on plan, it does this thing where it drops for a few days in a row, then stays still or even goes up a couple pounds for a few days, then repeat. The result is a net loss, so that works. No idea why it does that, though. :shrug:

Syckgirlsfv
03-22-2014, 12:15 PM
LiannaKole the scale is the same with me! It used to just go down continuously...but after 40 it just started laughing at me. LOL. It seems that now 165 is my new norm, and then when I hit 164 it will go up to 165 a few times and then stay down...but that's only if I continue to be good. And my brain was absolutely fried after that final!!! ;) Bike ride did wonders :D

SO, still 165 today, but I did have two shots of tequila last night and snacked a little, too. Took my CIS final this morning, easy-peazy, had a slice of light swiss between two pieces of sourdough toast with a tiny bit of light mayo and some grey poupon beforehand. Going to do our taxes today (RAWR) and then DH wants to go to lunch to celebrate the end of my Winter quarter. HA! Spring quarter starts in a week!

thirti4thirty
03-23-2014, 04:39 AM
166.4 but really surprised about it cos I've been partying with friends for a few days now. I hope it won't come back to haunt me!
Enjoy your Sunday y'all!
love2b150 were are youuuuuuuuuuuuu?? You're missing!

JenteIsving
03-23-2014, 06:42 AM
Thanks ladies! I've been a member of this thread for a while, though (just not reporting as regularly as I'd like to and probably should) :D
For the past eight pages or so. And for the past eight or so pages, my weight has always, always, always been 165.5. I had seriously started to doubt that there are any other numbers out there, or even known to mankind or something :D

Buuut then, this morning *big drum roll everybody* the scale read 163.2 - every single time I stepped on it (and trust me, I did. Like ten times in a row. Does that count as some form of step aerobics?) :D

LiannaKole
03-23-2014, 12:05 PM
Still 166 today.

Anyone have any common diet advice they ignore?

I have one. You know how everyone says that if you really chew your food and eat slowly that you'll get fuller faster and be less hungry? Well, that doesn't work for me. I tried it and every time I was hungrier faster. And I enjoyed my meals less (not much flavor after you've chewed the crap out of the food).

I do fine if I eat at a slower pace (like 20 minutes for a medium meal), but the super chewing thing doesn't help me at all.

tadaponce
03-23-2014, 09:39 PM
Confession time....I have been binging for the past few days. I think I have averaged 3500+ calories each day. I don't know why I have gone out it my way to eat so poorly this weekend but it's gotten out of control. Gonna pass on weighing in tomorrow...instead my plan of attack will be to get back on the horse tomorrow...get back on plan and exercise daily. I plan on my next weigh in to be April 1st and my goal will be a 165 weigh in. I'm sure over the past couple days I have gained about 2lb of actual weight gain...just gonna focus on getting back on track. I hate skipping a weigh in but I know that I'm going to see an inaccurate number due to a bunch of water retention (I can tell cuz my wedding ring is tight..and wasn't before) feel bloated and blahhhhh. Oooo why do we do this to ourselves. :-/ I haven't had this happen since Christmas time and it just sucks. Need more self control!

Good luck this week ladies!! Keep up the great work!!

love2b150
03-23-2014, 10:37 PM
hhm, I meant to commit, or I may have, idk … you look great :) Keep up the great work :) Sugar and carbs have been my downfall this go around also. And nothing is sweet enough :shrug: McFlurry? = all of that delicious cream :)

JenteIsving, the only thing I know to do with red cabbage is to put it in a salad and I usually pick it out of a bag salad ;) I'm in the same situation with you regarding the up and down, up and down :( Good job on getting up early to workout :high: I couldn't do it if I tried. I lay in the bed until the last minute :). TOM came to visit here also, so not good. Not sure if that was my true reason for poor eating some days or not :shrug: … :congrat: on 163 :high: I long to see that number :) I'm very happy for you :)

thirti4thirty good job on the 166 :high: and good job on all of the walking :) Thanks for thinking of me :hug: … I've been getting in late, reading some but too tired to post :) I'm hoping to post everyday these last days of March. I need the accountability and I MUST get under 165.6 in order to show any loss for March. Today I weighed in at 167.2 the same as the day before yesterday, smh. Just back and forth same crazy number :(

LiannaKole, nice weigh in :high: hope your neck is feeling better, definitely sit tight for a while :hug: Lianna, that is how I use to lose. It was drop when I did right and then I'd stay at that weight for a moment then it would drop again :). I miss that :)

Syckgirlsvf, LOL on the scale not doing what you want ;) I'm 47 (48 on 4/14) and the scale definitely doesn't move like it use to 4 years ago. It gets harder and harder :( You have a ton on your plate so be proud of whatever you do. I :cp: YOU :) Celebrate you deserve it :) 164 has been my low for this month also. Everytime I see it, it's like my body says NOPE you can't go any lower and just like you … I bounce back up. WE WILL DO THIS :high:

tadaponce, I say go ahead and weigh in. You know that it's water weight and when you see that number drop at the next way in you will know that you have regained the control that you know is and has been there. We have our times. I surely do and I have no idea on earth why I eat like I do sometimes. I have even had a great breakfast and lunch and then ruin the entire day with dinner. Who does that? I DO!!!! but I still have hope that I will reach 160-159 by my birthday. I have no idea how but one has got to have hope. WE CAN DO THIS :hug:

it is what it is for me … weight 167.2 tomorrow will probably be worse because I wanted bread and caved in. So tomorrow's eating and the remainder of the week will be OP and I will weigh in better (lower than 167.2) on 3/31 :crossed:

Syckgirlsfv
03-23-2014, 11:49 PM
love2b150 thank you for the kind words! I can't imagine it getting harder, though...argh! My daughter was born on 4/14, too. 1991 - she's going to be 23, and yesterday she was only like, 2. LOL. Have a great evening!

thirti4thirty
03-24-2014, 04:20 AM
166.0 this morning :D.
Y'day I had such a good day, I even saw something far lower than that and then I blew it with pork khebab late at night.
I gotta be a little wiser today to drop it off.
Good week to y'all.
love2b150 you have a week to drop 2 lbs then. Cheering you up! U can do it!:cheer2::cheer3::cheer2:

love2b150
03-24-2014, 04:44 PM
Syckgirlsfv … Happy Birthday to US :) I know what you mean regarding your daughters age. My daughter turned 21 in February and it's hard to even see her as a married woman (two years in June). Time goes so fast.

Thanks thirti4thirty :)

down .4 to 166.8 after only 5.5 hours of sleep. I had a rumbly stomach so I went back to bed after I got my daughter on the bus. Went to the bathroom and saw 165.4 so I should see a good number tomorrow if I stay OP today :crossed:

Today's recorded weight it 166.8

thirti4thirty
03-25-2014, 04:14 AM
:sunny:165.5:sunny:
I'm elated! First 20 lbs gone, 1/3 of the journey complete!

love2b150
03-25-2014, 06:02 AM
thirti4thirty :congrat: on 20LBS GONE :high: and the time you posted shows here as my bday 4:14am so that makes me :) also ;) … Keep up the good work my friend :)

I got my 165.4 today so I'm happy also … hope to get back to my low of 164 tomorrow :crossed:

thirti4thirty
03-25-2014, 07:14 AM
Thanks deary! Let's do this together.

And enjoy your SPECIAL DAY!!!

PostWeddingsmallsize
03-25-2014, 04:31 PM
Thanks guys I'm better now. My medical thing is over even though I hurt my finger I can still work out, I did today and found myself at 168. I'm hoping by the end of next week that I am 167 at least. Joined the bikini challenge here too. Super excited about committing to this once and for all.

hhm6
03-25-2014, 04:41 PM
Hi Everyone!!!

I miss you guys!! It's finals week for me so I haven't been checking 3fc too often! Not doing so well diet wise, going between 168-169 still.

Thirty- Girl, you are doing amazing!! What plan are you on?! I don't know why I'm stuck! I'm around 1200 and I'm exercising, not sure what gives.

In a few days I need to back on my game with everything!! exactly 30 days until my cousin's wedding so I need to get it together!!

Hope everyone is doing well!!!

love2b150
03-25-2014, 05:38 PM
thirti4thirty, we will do this together :hug:

PostWedding, Welcome Back :) and good job on the weigh in and good for you on joining the challenge. :) I don't believe I will ever wear a bikini :D

hhm good luck on your finals :)

thirti4thirty
03-26-2014, 04:20 AM
165.7 today. I couldn't resist some rice craving y'night. Gotta walk it off today.
hhm6:: I'm on my own plan. I try to eat only when I'm hungry and eat only the amount that will just fill me. For exercise, I've been walking around everywhere.

LiannaKole
03-26-2014, 08:25 AM
I'm at 169.5 today. I had Chinese food and a dessert out with friends last night. Overate only a little bit, which is actually a step forward for me (I used to always way overeat if I got takeout). Feel thirsty and everything this morning (it was very salty food). Water retention for sure. Ugh, I hate that. I never even noticed it when I was at my high weight. But I feel it all over now. I'm sure it's way worse at lower weights.

JenteIsving
03-26-2014, 09:35 AM
Anyone have any common diet advice they ignore?

I have one. You know how everyone says that if you really chew your food and eat slowly that you'll get fuller faster and be less hungry? Well, that doesn't work for me. I tried it and every time I was hungrier faster. And I enjoyed my meals less (not much flavor after you've chewed the crap out of the food).

I do fine if I eat at a slower pace (like 20 minutes for a medium meal), but the super chewing thing doesn't help me at all.

Ha! Same here! I tried that "chewing trick" in the past, I chewed every bite about 30 times (if I recall correctly, that was the number "everyone" told me about), but... I don't know, it just didn't work for me. Like you said, I enjoyed my meals less and truth be told, it kind of made eating stressful for me (wow, that sounds silly). So yeah, not my thing I guess.

The slower pace, though, and "staying in the moment" while eating (turns out that used to be a problem for me), those seem to work fine for me, so that's what I've been trying to do on this journey. And I'm pretty sure I subconsciously chew my food more often in the process, so maybe it's just the conscious effort part that doesn't work out for me? I don't know.

By the way, congrats on your NSV of "overeating only a little bit"! :)
I'm the same as you when it comes to takeout, so I'd totally count that as an NSV! After all, it is a step in the right direction.

thirti4thirty
03-26-2014, 10:21 AM
TOM came in this morning. I guess that explains all the irrational night cravings this week. Can't wait for it to leave!

JenteIsving
03-26-2014, 10:48 AM
hhm - Good luck on your finals! :hug:

Thirty - Congrats on those 20 pounds gone!
Looks like we are on a similiar plan, eating-wise. :)

love2b150 - Yay, 165.4! :)
So what do you say, the 150's by your birthday? I'm still rooting for you :carrot:

As for me, I weighed in at 162.2 this morning. I have a feeling this might just be a fluke, but I'll take it and I'll be all thin and sassy, even if it's just for today :D
(And I'll totally refuse to change my ticker back up tomorrow if it turns out to be indeed just a fluke :p )

Other than that, those early birds? Not my flock. At all. No more morning exercise for me. I mean I tried, I swear I did, for one entire week. But... I just can't. So new game plan - I'll fly with the night owls and try to get some extra exercise in in the evening. We'll see how that goes :D

LiannaKole
03-26-2014, 03:56 PM
JenteIsving: Thanks! It's a nice NSV. The behavioral ones are probably my favorite ones, since they seem harder to attain (at least for me). I still get a hit or miss pattern with overeating triggers, but I'm trying to make it more hits than misses. :)

And congrats on the weigh in! And on being thin and sassy! ;)

Exercise in the morning can be... interesting. I used to go to a gym (before I moved) that had a good morning crowd. Left you alone, not annoying or loud. I mentally prefer exercising in the morning to get it over with, but physically it's easier for me at night (but it irritates me because I want to be done with the day and relax). Hopefully the night owls are a better fit for you. Good luck! :)

tancil
03-26-2014, 04:16 PM
I just got out of the 260's! Lol :)

love2b150
03-26-2014, 11:08 PM
thirti4thirty that .2 is a little water ... you'll have a better weigh in tomorrow without the rice ;) You do the intuitive eating plan ... eat when hungry, there are tons of threads on 3FC about it :) Keep up the good work :) Yep TOM is definitely the blame on the cravings, got to me too this month, smh :)

LiannaKole the feeling thirsty is from the sodium in the Asian Cuisine :) get your water in and wash it all away in a few days :) I think bloating feels bad at any weight :dizzy: Great NSV on not overeating, way to go :high:

Thanks JenteIsving :) I would love that as a bday present, one can hope ;) and :yay: for you on the 162, that is exciting to me. I'm happy for you :hug: I like exercising in the evening better. Once I add up my food on MFP I get to see all of the mess I need to burn off :)

:wel3fc: tancil :yay: on getting out of the 260's and on the the new decade :) Keep up the good work :)

I weighed in this morning at 165.0 down .4 from yesterday. I had a good day, fasted as best I could and stayed OP, though what I ate was quite carby I feel good. I went back to sleep after putting my daughter on the bus and decided to see what I weighed then. The scale read 163.8, boy do I long to see that number. Hopefully it's coming :crossed:

thirti4thirty
03-27-2014, 05:49 AM
Hi y'all!
Making this post in a great hurry! Will come back for more comments/details.
I weighed in this morning at 165.5 again.
TOMMY TOM and RICEY RICE :) Feeling pretty bad because of TOM ugh!
love2b: That's great! Congrats!

love2b150
03-27-2014, 05:58 AM
thirti4thrity you have things in the bag, way to go :)

DRUM ROLL ... Reached a new low this morning 163.8 saw it twice :carrot:

I'm not changing my ticker until I know it will stick ... I tend to change it and bounce up a few so I'll look at it as it is for the moment ;)

LiannaKole
03-27-2014, 09:13 AM
love2b150: Congrat on your new low! That's awesome!

tancil: Yay! You're out of the 260s! Hopefully I follow your lead soon and leave the 60s behind! :)

---

166.5 this morning. Shed some of the water weight, which is nice. Hopefully that sticks. I feel less bloated, which is always nice. :yes:

hhm6
03-27-2014, 04:56 PM
thirti4thrity you have things in the bag, way to go :)

DRUM ROLL ... Reached a new low this morning 163.8 saw it twice :carrot:

I'm not changing my ticker until I know it will stick ... I tend to change it and bounce up a few so I'll look at it as it is for the moment ;)

YAYY!!

I'm the same way, never change my ticker unless I see it two days in a row!! but wow :carrot: go you!!

So I am finally done with finals!! Yay! But my diet took a hit, lots of coffee with sugar, carbs, and almost no calorie counting =(

Time to get back on it today!! I also haven't weighed myself so lord know what I weigh now!!!

Thirty- thanks a great way to diet!! I bet it's easier than keeping yourself restricted. Sugar is KILLING ME! I need cut it out cold turkey, but I always find myself craving/eating it!!

love2b150
03-27-2014, 05:23 PM
Thanks LiannaKole :) good job on shedding the water weight :high:

Thanks hhm :), when I drink coffee I use the coffee mate sugar free creamers. They are sweet enough for me. If I don't have the sugar free creamer I use splenda and only a half of a pack. A whole packet is too sweet in a travel mug for me. And I use a teaspoon and a half of honey in my travel mug of tea now. I didn't realize how many calories a serving of sugar had until I read it one day. I still love it though it's not good for me ... I just don't use it in much of anything anymore. You know what I've been doing when I want sugar at night/in the evening. My husband has a candy stash of Dove chocolate. I eat one and I am done. I just let it melt :) or drink some water with some apple cider vinegar, that'll curve that taste for sure ;)

Changing my ticker is like a jinx. Whenever I change it, it says :nono: and my weight goes the wrong way :(

love2b150
03-28-2014, 06:08 AM
Happy Friday Everyone :wave:

Another low since the 163 stuck and I am 163.6 down .2 from yesterday :) I am still sleep deprived and it's my fault :( I really must go to bed earlier. I have would probably seen 162 had I got 2.5 more hours of sleep. argh ...

Have a great day everyone :)

LiannaKole
03-28-2014, 08:45 AM
love2b150: Yeah, I hate going without sleep. It throws me way off. But yay! :yay: You have a new new low!
As far as tickers go, I usually change mine at the end of the week no matter what my weight is. Unless I forget (which happens quite a bit)...

hhm6: Finals are a force to be reckoned with. I'm just glad you made it out alive! (;))
---

165.5 today. And sorry, this is a bit of a longer post.

I came THIS CLOSE to throwing in the towel and giving up, eating crap. I have no idea why. I wasn't sad or stressed or hungry. But I wanted crappy food, and I wanted a lot of it. I had visions of cookies and fries dancing in my head. So I ran away from the food, brushed my teeth for good measure, hunkered down and tried to stay busy for the last hour before bedtime. It worked...this time.

I don't know why I get slammed by cravings sometimes. It's always happened to me (and is almost completely responsible for most of my falls off the wagon). I can go a couple weeks without a craving (though usually less) and then they strike hard. Sometimes I can't focus on anything else at all, sometimes they last for more than one day (I'm glad they were gone when I woke up today).

They're different from stress cravings (which I can often talk myself out of by dealing with the stress). I eat 95% whole foods, and a large variety. I'm not starving myself by any means. I've never been able to figure out where these things come from. So I try to deal with the cravings - almost nothing works. Not eating, not not-eating, not exercise, not distraction. I just have to hold out until they go away. I'm still searching for a better solution to this.

End of rant.

love2b150
03-28-2014, 09:30 AM
... And sorry, this is a bit of a longer post.

I came THIS CLOSE to throwing in the towel and giving up, eating crap. I have no idea why. I wasn't sad or stressed or hungry. But I wanted crappy food, and I wanted a lot of it. I had visions of cookies and fries dancing in my head. So I ran away from the food, brushed my teeth for good measure, hunkered down and tried to stay busy for the last hour before bedtime. It worked...this time.

I don't know why I get slammed by cravings sometimes. It's always happened to me (and is almost completely responsible for most of my falls off the wagon). I can go a couple weeks without a craving (though usually less) and then they strike hard. Sometimes I can't focus on anything else at all, sometimes they last for more than one day (I'm glad they were gone when I woke up today).

... cravings - almost nothing works. Not eating, not not-eating, not exercise, not distraction. I just have to hold out until they go away. I'm still searching for a better solution to this.

End of rant.

Thanks and not a rant at all. We support each other and you spoke about me to the T. I was trying to do the Tim Ferriss Slow Carb 4-hour body and I can't do a cheat day. I tried just doing a cheat meal and that doesn't work either. When I want junk I want junk and nothing helps until I get exactly what I want (most times I don't know) it's just something. I can smell foods out of the clear blue sky and practically taste them. The only thing I have been able to stay away from is rice. I have not had any rice in almost 4 months. I think I have had 6 pieces of bread in almost 4 months (4 of them rolls of some kind). I have had cake (kids bday's and ate a small piece with them daily until it was gone) We have a birthday here every month from Dec-April and then two more in Oct and I make the cake. I have had 2 cup cakes at a function and 3 cookies. (My confession :)) So I think I am doing pretty good with the cravings. I am trying to control what I put in my mouth and not allow it to control me, because carbs do have the control when I'm not careful. I'll bet you have done better than you think you're doing. :hug:

thirti4thirty
03-28-2014, 11:33 AM
:sunny:164.4:sunny: This morning!!!:dance::dance::dance:
Tom's still around though.
This is a high risk weekend for me cos I'm seriously FRUSTRATED about a few things and I have TONS AND TONS of work to do!
I'm praying for strength so I can stay afloat.
About the ticker issue: I'm guilty!!!!lol
I change my ticker as soon as I drop cos it's a motivation and a strong reminder that I'm not allowed to go back.
lianna, hhm, love2b, tancil and all!: Congrats to all of us for our progress this week right?:bravo::bravo::bravo:
Have a nice weekend y'all!
BTW: I noticed various "Getting out of the 150's" threads floating around. Which one are you guys going to join when you graduate from here;)?

PostWeddingsmallsize
03-28-2014, 02:14 PM
Down another pound this week. It's been a crazy month so I'm happy for the loss. Keep on trucking through and avoid going back up.

love2b150
03-28-2014, 05:05 PM
Thanks thirti4thirty :), Way to go on the 164, oh my goodness you are gonna leave us soon :high: Keep doing what you're doing it is definitely working :) I say pray through the frustration, whatever it is :hug: Now that's a good reason to change your ticker (a reminder not to go back) but I declare everytime I change mine my wieght goes back up, idk why :shrug:

The thread below is the one I bookmarked/subscribed to because it said all diets and ages welcome. :) So I hope we all end up there TOGETHER :)

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/291513-getting-out-150s-all-ages-diets-welcome.html

PostWedding good job on the pound :high:

thirti4thirty
03-29-2014, 04:12 AM
164.6 today OOPSIE!lol
love2b: thanks for the link! You're gonna leave before me!

love2b150
03-29-2014, 09:53 AM
thirti4thirty, I wouldn't say that because you never know on this journey. I've done ok the past three days but that doesn't mean that I will continue. I have a gathering to go to at church this morning and hopefully they won't have any munchies since I am not very disciplined away from home. :) Your .2 is a little water, you'll be back down tomorrow :)

I'm down .4 to 163.2. I was a little surprised since I ate some chicken around 10pm last night ... but the body did good. Maybe it's all of the water I drank, :shrug: I just hope it keeps going :)

love2b150
03-29-2014, 10:06 AM
oh and I will change my ticker on 4/1 ... hopefully for the better :)

LiannaKole
03-29-2014, 11:04 AM
166 today. Ate fine yesterday, just the weekly fluctuations at play. Can't wait to see a drop (eventually).
---

love2b150: Thanks. It's nice to know that others know what I'm talking about. I don't know what it is that causes those cravings, but I hope I can figure out ways to reliably combat them. I appreciated your reply a lot. :hug:
And congrats on your loss!

PostWeddingsmallsize: Congrats! And I hope next month calms down a bit for you. :)

love2b150
03-29-2014, 05:10 PM
Thanks LiannaKole :), I don't know what causes them either. I guess it's just being human and being so use to eating those things. If we were never introduced to those foods we wouldn't want them and eating them whenever we wanted didn't help. So we taste them without them even being there :shrug: I just had to endure the kids eating toast with jelly and Ramen noodles ... oh the smells are mouth watering :drool: but I just ignored them :) We can do it and we will. We've got to focus on our goal and prayerfully that will help pull us through :hug:

I got to go the gym to burn off the chicken that I ate this morning. Had a gathering at church and for breakfast was chicken biscuits (I brought the biscuit home) I ate the chicken (pretty salty) so I've got to get my water in and a bowl of fruit. I had a low carb chocolate protein shake at the gym for lunch and I am feeling good. Got on the elliptical for 20 minutes not long but enough for me and I did a two mile uphill walk. Gotta stay focused the rest of the day so I don't blow it :)

thirti4thirty
03-30-2014, 04:34 AM
:sunny::sunny::sunny:163.5:sunny::sunny::sunny: Today!!!!
Wot wot wot!!!!
I'm oh so happy! The weekend is proving better that I imagined. But it hasn't ended yet.
I'm planning to have to rice today too. I'll make sure I walk as much as I can.
Enjoy your SUNDAY y'all!:hug::hug::hug:

Mad Donnelly
03-30-2014, 06:51 AM
Well, I had wanted to lose 3 more pounds till next weekend which is not going to happen. I did lose 2 of the 5 so that's good. And possibly I can lose one more. But I've been kind of pigging out this week on nuts and cream cheese (I low carb) so my water weight is up.

I haven't run since Monday except for a little treadmill on Thursday. Valid excuses: sick 3 days, HEAVY rain 2 days. But I will still shed the water weight quickly as I re-increase my water intake.

I'd really like to reinvigorate everything and push out of the 160s by April. I think I can JUST squeak into the 150s while still being in April. I have a pair of jeans with my name written on that should fit by the time I shed the 160s.

So this week will be run, run, run and classes when I can. Maybe some fast days just to detox. I haven't really been offtrack, but I will re-dedicate just the same as we go into a new month.

LiannaKole
03-30-2014, 09:28 AM
Still 166 (my body seems to like that number lately). Hopefully that'll go down - I'm planning to do a lot of walking next week.

love2b150
03-30-2014, 01:31 PM
thirti4thirty way to go, you are gonna make me work :lol: I'm gonna have to step up my workouts and eating to keep up with you :) Thank you for the push :)

Mad Donnelly, I definitely think that you can have a nice whoosh between now and Tuesday, running and water will definitely make it happen, best of luck to you :)

LiannaKole I got stuck at 167 and it seemed like it took forever for it to leave. It took some low calorie days and lots of water to get the scale to move, not to mention NO carbs.

Well thanks to Takis last night I was up .2 this morning to 163.4 so thirti4thirty I am right here with you. Like I said you are gonna make me work, LOL. I've got to keep up because tomorrow you'll be 162 and I'll :cry: actually I'll celebrate and push on :)

skittlesfirehawk
03-30-2014, 01:46 PM
166 today. Ate fine yesterday, just the weekly fluctuations at play. Can't wait to see a drop (eventually).
---

love2b150: Thanks. It's nice to know that others know what I'm talking about. I don't know what it is that causes those cravings, but I hope I can figure out ways to reliably combat them. I appreciated your reply a lot. :hug:
And congrats on your loss!

PostWeddingsmallsize: Congrats! And I hope next month calms down a bit for you. :)

im 166 today too

thirti4thirty
03-30-2014, 03:26 PM
lol love2b. You won't need to! I didn't go easy on the rice and unfortunately for me, after that I had family over and ate and ate again. Was planning to go out walk it off this evening but ended up chatting with a friend for hours!
Feeling bad now and shyly awaiting lady scale's wrath tomorrow!

love2b150
03-30-2014, 06:53 PM
skittlesfirehawk, :welcome: to the thread :)

thirti4thirty, I was feeling bad also :hug: see my post below from my daily weigh in thread. Not sure where you are but are you able to get maybe a 20 minute walk in before it gets dark out? :crossed: and double :crossed: that we don't have disappointing weigh-ins in the morning :hug:

I did horribly today ... I came home from church and got into those Takis, and then ate cake with icing. I also ate some things that weren't bad but when you add up the bad things it's like wow, WHY DID I DO THAT? :?: My sons had been saying since this morning they wanted to go to the gym so we went at the last minute. I got in a 41 minute power walk, 2.44 miles calorie burn was 325 so that helped with the cake at least.

I have to get it right or I will blow my end of the month. It's bad enough that I typically weigh less the last day of a month and then the first day of the new month I am up, WHY IS THAT??? :dizzy:

hhm6
03-31-2014, 01:36 AM
Hi guys!!

love2b-You are so diligent on MFP it's amazing!! I need to be on top of my game more!!

thirty-CONGRATS!! lower 160s!!! you're doing amazing!!

I just came back from a road trip so SF and am bloated and cranky today. I'm so mad at myself for not being better at this weight loss thing. I swear I make it harder than it needs to be. Back at 170 today, but at least I know why?

The carb cravings have been through the roof. I want everything I usually don't even like (saltine crackers...like really? REALLY?!)

Tomorrow is a new day so here's hoping it works out! I'm going to give this intuitive eating a go and see how it works. Hope everyone had a good weekend!