Weight Loss Support - Getting out of the 160's - all ages/diets

Pages : 1 [2] 3

thirti4thirty
03-31-2014, 07:04 AM
So today I'm back to 164.2 I was expecting something like that. Lady scale is reacting to stubborn me!
But I walked sooo much this morning. I must have walked 10 miles! lol

love2b: Congrats on going to the gym to kick the cake's ***! lol
hhm: I know that all too well. I'm still in my TOM. So y'day I had a bottle of coke, 2 twix doubles, and another dessert. I ate the whole day cos I was with my sis and she helped spoil my day diet-wise!
I kinda want to blame it on TOM cos if I were not in it maybe the sweet tooth wouldn't have been so strong and I might have been able to refuse some of the temptations.
But well, the past is past. Right? So I guess it's just temporary. Just stay on the wagon and find a way to burning it.

For y'all my 160's peeps, I'm reposting this thread I made this morning. I'm simply too happy and feeling in the mood to share my happiness!
Have a nice day y'all

:dancer:Do you know that rare feeling when you wake up feeling energized and ready to walk the whole earth? When you're so happy that your body feels too small to contain your happiness?:dancer:
:dancer:Today for me is one of those. :dancer:
:dancer:I love rain, and it's raining:dancer:
:dancer:I love nature, and I had a 2 hrs walk in gorgeous breathtaking weather.:dancer:
:dancer:I had some problems at work.
I found solutions to them.:dancer:
:dancer:Only one question on my mind this morning::dancer:
:dancer:Why me? Why does God love ME so much?:dancer:
:dancer:Why does he bless me so much?:dancer:
:dancer:To whom much is given, much is expected in return.:dancer:
:dancer:I will stay faithful to you, God.:dancer:
:dancer:Just give me strength, please.:dancer:
:dancer::dancer:MORE DAYS LIKE THIS, PLEASE!:dancer::dancer:
:dancer::dancer::dancer:I love MYSELF!:dancer::dancer::dancer:

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::w oohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woo hoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::wooho o::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Sometime ago I made a post about how I was able to bend over and buckle my sandals.
A few days ago I made a post upon losing 20 lbs for the first time in my whole entire life.
So I didn't have such a great weekend. But I swear the joy I feel this morning, the scale can't take away from me. I'm so full of joy.
Y'day when I was wearing my sandals, I kept looking for a whole above the usual one I was using and was quite upset that I couldn't find it. But I was so much in a hurry that I didn't give it much thought.
Today, I had a two hours walk at my workplace. It's huge! I kept going up and down hills, houses, beautiful trees. I didn't want to stop. I stopped only out of exhaustion. But while I was walking, I noticed with great joy that my shoes (work shoes) were falling off me. Seriously?! Have I dropped a shoe size? YES!
My body is too small to contain the joyful feeling right now! I might explode:lol::lol::lol:

love2b150
03-31-2014, 07:38 AM
Thanks hhm :), had I not been diligent on MFP yesterday I would have totally been screwed today. I have a friend from home (VA) that I had to text yesterday because I had messed up, that's how bad I felt yesterday. A road trip weight is water ... so get your water in and that ugly "7" will be gone :hug: Don't be mad you had a good time right? It has taken me years to get to where I am now. Years ago I was happily married with a bunch of young children and honestly didn't think much about the way I looked because my husband didn't and still doesn't complain/talk about my weight. If I'm happy he's happy. But I had to do better at this weight loss thing for me and WANT this for me. Personally I believe it's just age for me. There are so many things in life that I saw for myself by the time I reached this age and I haven't achieved any and this one I can do with will power and effort so this will be my first accomplishment :) You've got this so don't get too mad at yourself :hug: And IE really works. I did it for years but didn't know it and doing it the right way (with the right foods) is even better ;)

Thanks thirti4thirty :) Remember that's just water weight and I'm sure the walking will pay off on the scale in the morning :) and on your POST to GOD be the GLORY FOREVER. I know that joy all too well ... I have my times but the spirit of the Lord is with me, He is my strength and His mercy endures. At the end of my emails says "BE BLESSED AND REMEMBER TO BE A BLESSING" You have and will definitely bless others with your post. God Bless You ... Keep that JOY my Sister :hug: Oh and on the sandals what a great NSV :)

New Low TODAY 162.6 ... I am very Happy with me :)

LiannaKole
03-31-2014, 09:13 AM
Congrats to those of you who are going lower! :) :cp:

And to those of you retaining water weight, I am right there with you. I'm 166.4 today, which logically makes no sense because I ate well yesterday. But I used to get very hung up on fluctuations, and I'm working on not doing that. I can't control a lot of the water weight my body has - it'll let it go when it's good and ready. :dunno:

But, something nice happened the other day. I went to visit my mom and she and my sister hung out for a while, which was great. But she went to get her wedding ring and engagement ring cleaned, and had me hold them while she signed something. I used to try them on when I was a kid, but they stopped fitting me when I was a teen and haven fitted since. So I didn't even think about it and tried one on. It fit. Not only that, it was a little bit loose. The other one too. Which is WEIRD, because my mom is much shorter and smaller than me, and she's never resized any of her rings. Don't know why it happened, but it's cool that they fit now!

love2b150
03-31-2014, 12:12 PM
LiannaKole, water weight is a beast on this journey :) The good thing is it usually does go as quickly as it came as long as we do as we're supposed to :) so your eating well yesterday will certainly reward you :) That's great about your Mom's wedding rings :) I just told my husband that I have to be careful now at church if I lift my hands my ring is so loose it may fly off. :) I'm not gonna have it resized, I'll just use a guard.

My little one told me this morning while waiting for her bus that she thinks I am losing weight too fast (she's 10). She said, "because if you keep losing weight you're gonna have to buy all new clothes!) her bus came so I'll have to ask her to finish what she was saying this evening. Kids are funny :D

Oh went to the gym did 2.62 miles burn 325 calories, feeling good :)

hhm6
03-31-2014, 05:20 PM
Yikes 172 this morning!! Not happy with that, but it feels like a fluke?

I still didn't get another scale. I have been eating well today though! and I've drank a lot of water, time to get a good workout in and keep up with it!

I've started IE this time, so I hope this will be easier. I don't know why calorie counting has been so tiresome lately =(

Love2b- yayy for that low!! I am excited for you!! You're making great progress!! Aww and thanks for that perspective! I always wish I started weight loss when I was younger, but I guess I should be glad I'm starting now! I went to my doctor and she told me the lowest recorded weight she has for me in high school was 163! I am 5 lbs away from that! Can't wait to get there!

love2b150
03-31-2014, 05:27 PM
hhm, I forgot about the your needing/wanting a new scale. But that's great on having 5lbs to go :) You'll be there soon :)

Syckgirlsfv
03-31-2014, 06:50 PM
:wave:hi ladies:wave:

I've not been on here much in the last couple weeks, because I have been BAD and not really making any progress due to water weight I keep picking up! :o

Beer, shots, and pizza on Friday night gave me a few pounds of it! AND, TOM is hanging around, so I am still at 165 (once the other 2 water pounds leaves). I have to admit, and this is what I always do so it's no surprise, that I've not been trying very hard lately. I tend to do that once in a while and it sucks, but it's my own fault. I'm actually eating well, but then I'll do something dumb like drink booze, which always puts 3 pounds of water on me AND messes up my digestive system for a few days. The result is extra water until the next weekend...which is what I did two weeks ago so it didn't help that I did it again this weekend! :rolleyes: Regardless, I've been getting my cardio at least, and some weights! We walked 4 miles on Saturday (to eat Japanese food of all things...oops) and rode bikes 11 miles yesterday. Going to do a long walk tonight, too. The water will be gone and I've started trying harder to go below 165 as of today. I've got VEGAS in 77 days!!!:carrot::carrot::carrot:

love2b150
03-31-2014, 06:58 PM
Syckgirlsfv, you've dusted off and are back on the wagon and that's what matters :) You've got this :)

Syckgirlsfv
03-31-2014, 07:06 PM
love2b150 - thanks! you rock :D We are around the same weight - let's do this thing!!!!! On to the 150's thread by they end of April at least!

love2b150
03-31-2014, 07:38 PM
Syckgirlsfv, let's do this :high:

thirti4thirty
04-01-2014, 05:00 AM
New low: :sunny:162.9:sunny: It appeared 3 times and it even gave me 162.4 once. I'm gonna try n maintain it by walking a lot today too.

Y'day after my post, I had another 2 hours walk. This morning my hips are so sore and yet it's so sweet to feel the sore. lol

Also my BMI is now 29.9. So I'm no longer obese.

love2b150
04-01-2014, 08:25 AM
New low: :sunny:162.9:sunny: It appeared 3 times and it even gave me 162.4 once. I'm gonna try n maintain it by walking a lot today too.

Y'day after my post, I had another 2 hours walk. This morning my hips are so sore and yet it's so sweet to feel the sore. lol

Also my BMI is now 29.9. So I'm no longer obese.

:congrat: thirti4thity :high: I told you that you would pass me :)

I had my usual beginning of the month gain and weighed in .6 higher than yesterday at 163.2. So now I have 3.2 pounds to lose till my birthday. :) Oh and I finally got 8 hours of sleep but still woke up tired, :dizzy:

LiannaKole
04-01-2014, 09:11 AM
165.6 today. Hopefully my weight keeps going down for another couple days before it stalls again. Fingers crossed!

---

thirti4thirty: CONGRATS on not being obese any more! :yay:

Syckgirlsfv: I figure getting off track isn't so bad as staying off track. Welcome back! :)

love2b150: I've found with sleep that 8 hours suits me best (sadly - I was hoping I needed only like 5), and that I get less tired if I get 8 hrs regularly. One night doesn't cut it. Maybe it's the same for you? :shrug:

hhm6
04-01-2014, 04:17 PM
Ok ladies,

I need advice on something a little TMI, lol.

Do you guys get extremely bloated after eating veggies?! My stomach is like out 3 more inches than it needs to be right now! I'm eating a lot of veggies and keeping my carbs below 80g so I imagine it's water weight/gas from veggies?

Sorry this is really embarrassing to ask!!

Thirty- you go girl!!! Do you log your calories too?! or what do you eat? I feel like I need to switch up my routine or something, I was 172 today!!! why, WHY?!

but I ate well yesterday, here's hoping it's water and it goes away!

love2b150
04-01-2014, 05:10 PM
LiannaKole :crossed: that all of our weights keep going down and definitely no stalls/plateaus :) I had only been getting 5.5 hours of sleep a night for weeks and I think it must have caught up with me finally last night. I was exhausted. Sadly I still woke up this morning wanting a nap after I took my son to the bus stop. I usually lay on the sofa for 35-40 minutes until I have to wake my daughter up when I don't get enough sleep :) So I guess you're right one night isn't going to cut it :)

hhm, not TMI at all and I have the same issue since going low carb. Literally everything seems to give me gas. My middle son always seems to be near when I need to expel it. :lol3: My stomach just rolls you can hear it some days. I told my husband it must have something to do with losing weight. I have never heard those sounds before or experienced this much gas :D I bought some gas relief pills that I chew when I have to go out.

hhm6
04-02-2014, 04:09 AM
LiannaKole :crossed: that all of our weights keep going down and definitely no stalls/plateaus :) I had only been getting 5.5 hours of sleep a night for weeks and I think it must have caught up with me finally last night. I was exhausted. Sadly I still woke up this morning wanting a nap after I took my son to the bus stop. I usually lay on the sofa for 35-40 minutes until I have to wake my daughter up when I don't get enough sleep :) So I guess you're right one night isn't going to cut it :)

hhm, not TMI at all and I have the same issue since going low carb. Literally everything seems to give me gas. My middle son always seems to be near when I need to expel it. :lol3: My stomach just rolls you can hear it some days. I told my husband it must have something to do with losing weight. I have never heard those sounds before or experienced this much gas :D I bought some gas relief pills that I chew when I have to go out.

Hahaha literally burst out laughing reading this haha! I'm so glad I'm not alone here! Like where is it coming from?! Problem with mine is that it lasts ALL day! I might look into a pill or something, this is NOT fun lol.

thirti4thirty
04-02-2014, 05:03 AM
Ok ladies,

I need advice on something a little TMI, lol.

Do you guys get extremely bloated after eating veggies?! My stomach is like out 3 more inches than it needs to be right now! I'm eating a lot of veggies and keeping my carbs below 80g so I imagine it's water weight/gas from veggies?

Sorry this is really embarrassing to ask!!

Thirty- you go girl!!! Do you log your calories too?! or what do you eat? I feel like I need to switch up my routine or something, I was 172 today!!! why, WHY?!

but I ate well yesterday, here's hoping it's water and it goes away!

I don't count calories. All I have been doing these days is...eat whatever I want, in reasonable amounts. If I don't I make it a point to burn whatever I eat by WALKING. I've also been drinking a lot. No restriction concerning food and no number counting! I get tired of that quite quickly! Y'day for instance I had a plate of heavy starchy carb and an oily sauce cos I felt like eating that. But I made sure I had an hour walk back home, so today it's a drop instead of a gain.
Thanks liannakole and love2b! You're doing well too. For the gas have you tried drinking lots of water? Love2b: that is just temporary. the .6 will leave with no problem.
So today, it's 162.7 :) :)

thirti4thirty
04-02-2014, 05:08 AM
I forgot to add that I live in a super hilly area so an hour walk is huge exercise! lol

LiannaKole
04-02-2014, 09:35 AM
Still 165.6 today.

I am SO SORE today. There was a free sample workout class yesterday, and I'm basically dying today. I mean, it was a good workout for sure, but I feel like I got hit by a bus. I used way more muscles than I'm used to, and there are definitely some new ones hurting. Lol!
---

hhm6: In general, I don't get bloated at all after eating veggies (unless I eat a lot of garlic, onions, or cabbage - basically anything rich in sulfur). Then I get gassy all right. Do you eat a lot of those? When I do get gas, I basically have to just wait for it to leave. I don't think water helps me. Sleeping on my left side does sometimes, though (makes it easier to pass it).

love2b150
04-02-2014, 10:18 AM
hhm, :lol: mine is all day also, that's why I bought the gas relief tabs. :)

Thanks thirti4thirty and good job on the .2 down :), I drink enough water to float away so I don't know why I have so much gas. I also drink about 4 cups of green tea. I'm up .4 today but I know that's sodium. I cooked bacon and sausage last night so I would have it ready this morning and ate 2.5 pieces :D I wish I could walk outside around here. Too many loose dogs for me but I told my son yesterday that I may come check out where the people are walking around the school. I see a lot of women walking alone so I may just strike up a conversation with one and see if I can join then while I'm not working and then I'll already be at the school when my son is done. I don't like walking alone unless I'm on a treadmill :)

LiannaKole, if you can keep up the routine you learned yesterday that would be great get all of those muscles toned (I need to do that also). Too much flab now for sure and I know in the next 30lbs or so it's gonna look worse.

as I said above up .4 to 163.6 but we are going to the gym and I will burn some calories and get rid of this sodium bloat ... here's to a better weigh in tomorrow :D

thirti4thirty
04-02-2014, 10:45 AM
love2b: I love to walk with other people too, but that's a luxury I don't always get. So I got really good earphones and stunning music for myself and that's my companion. There's nothing like walking alone and listening to good music!(When there's no one to walk with) LOL

Lianna: I feel you on that one. You won't even feel like getting out of bed! Lol. May be you should have done some thorough stretching before going to bed y'day.

hhm6
04-02-2014, 05:26 PM

Thanks for the replies love2b and everyone else!

Today it has gone down quite a bit, but the scale showed 173 today =(, I really feel like it's a fluke though!!

Thirty-after I read your response I increased the incline on my treadmill and it was SO MUCH HARDER. Omg. But it felt great!! I love the way you're going about the "diet". I loathe measuring and counting everything but it gives me control lol, and I have free time now since finals are over.

I'm trying to lower my carbs today and increase my fats, I keep hearing about this ketosis thing, and I kinda want to give it a go, anyone here have luck with it?!

Syckgirlsfv
04-02-2014, 06:35 PM
:wave:hi ladies! all but one pound of water left...should be gone tomorrow. I really need to get back on the downward spiral PAST the water! I've been eating kale salad all week that I got from Costco and I love it. I think it helps my digestive system :D I am hungry right now and it's snack time - I'm going to go pop some microwave popcorn in the warming kitchen...when I get home DH and I are doing squats. We do 6 sets of at least 20 reps in rapid succession and it's a KILLER :lifter::wl:

love2b150
04-02-2014, 07:08 PM
Syckgirlsfv, yay on the pound left :high: feels good I'm sure. I need to get on a downward spiral quickly also instead of the up and up :) We will soon :crossed: Squats, way to go :high:

thirti4thrity, I'm gonna get out there one day ;)

hhm, that's one crazy scale you have! I do the intervals on the treadmill it's like going up and down different hills I love it and the burn is much better. When it goes down to 3.0 I raise it. It just feels better :) I also have to measure and count or I overeat. Thanks goodness for MFP :)

I hope to see a better number on the scale tomorrow for sure :crossed:

thirti4thirty
04-03-2014, 05:27 AM
164.0 this morning!:dizzy::dizzy::dizzy:

I know it's mostly water weight. But the main reason is that I have been constipated for days. Sunday was the last time I visited the loo :o:o:o It's not normal because I've been drinking loads of water and yet I understand it some way because I've been having starchy carbs throughout the week.

I've started my day eating fruits but I'm gonna pass by the pharmacy today to see if they'll give me something to help with the stinky situation.

love2b150
04-03-2014, 07:13 AM
thirti4thirty, hope you get some relief :hug: I'm irregular so that's normal for me. I don't go for days or a week at a time :( I need more fruit and fiber for sure I suppose :)

only down .2 to 163.4 ... not enough rest/sleep better lunch tomorrow :)

LiannaKole
04-03-2014, 09:57 AM
166 AGAIN today. Seriously, I'm tired of the 60s now. But It wasn't an unexpected weigh in. My muscles are sore and my TOM surprised me today.

love2b, it was a fun routine! I often go through a bunch of routines because I get bored with just one. Which is irritating, but true. I'm sore again today, but I just tell myself it's my muscles growing. :yes:

thirti4thirty: I definitely should have stretched! I did a bit, but not nearly enough. I did stretch properly after yesterday's workout, and I am still sore this morning (oh yes I am), but I'm not in as much pain as yesterday. Yay! :D

Syckgirlsfv: I'm right with you on the water weight. Won't let me go. Of course, I'm not helping much... That kale salad sounded delicious. Love kale. I could eat it all the time. <3

love2b150
04-03-2014, 11:59 AM
LiannaKole I am tired of the 160's also. Usually the goal I plan for myself doesn't happen when I want so maybe in May I'll hit 159-160. I don't see it happening by my birthday as I'd like, so oh well :) Sore muscles just prove you've put in the work and it will pay off. Keep up the great work :high:

Syckgirlsfv
04-03-2014, 01:11 PM
LiannaKole the kale salad I got at Costco - here's what's in it:
Broccoli, Brussels Sprouts, Green Cabbage, Kale, Chicory - it comes with a really good poppy seed dressing and dried cranberries/pumpkin seeds. I love it! I usually only like Kale if it's cooked in soup, but the salad mix is awesome.

My last water pound loves me too much to leave yet...in fact I am up a couple ounces today :( whatever...I ate pretty good yesterday. Greek yogurt, popcorn, broccoli cheese stuffed chicken breast (it was breaded though), steamed cauliflower. Snacks were just a couple pieces of dark chocolate super fruits, 4 cashew clusters, and a couple pretzel chips. The human body can be so weird.

PostWeddingsmallsize
04-03-2014, 05:53 PM
Hey all,
No loss this week but I fit back into my old jeans. So after I get paid at midnight well see how much money is left to go shopping. :)

hhm6
04-04-2014, 03:35 AM
Ugh, was upto 175 today (literally wanted to cry when I saw this number) and I'm so so bloated. Not sure what's happening with me! TMI, but I'm totally taking some probiotics to see if this bloated-ness goes away, so over this weight gain!!

I also cheated today so that's no good, but is it bad that it was soo satisfying? But I wanted cry a bit afterwards, stupid 175!!

:( What do you guys do to get rid of water weight? Drink more water?! I find it hard to believe these 7lbs in a week is water but we'll see. I haven't been eating extra calories at all, and my cheat today were two donuts, max 700 cals (350 each) but MFP calculated them to be 290, but still can't lead to 7lbs?!!! what the heck?!

I'm so upset with my weight. 3 weeks until this wedding and I'm going up :(

Ok, sob story over!! thanks for letting me vent ladies! :hug:

LiannaKole
04-04-2014, 09:31 AM
166.6 today. I ate well yesterday and everything. But I am on TOM. Often I see a drop afterward. Hopefully I will this time, too.

I've essentially been around 166 for weeks now. That's always frustrating and scary for me. I'm still afraid that someday my weight loss will just stop with no logical explanation, no matter what I do or don't do. Logically, this is ridiculous - it's never happened and won't happen. But it still worries me. So, this is the time when I sit myself down and say, "Honey, your body is adjusting to losing weight. Be patient, stick with it, and it'll come off. I promise. Just trust me, it'll all be fine." (Yes, I'm my own life coach ;)).

Syckgirlsfv
04-04-2014, 12:49 PM
hhm6 - that happens to me, too sometimes. It sucks! I have 2 pounds of water right now, and I think it's because I ate a LOT of cauliflower the last few days (it bloats because of the high fiber) and also maybe a little too much sodium. Hormones can be the reason, too...they're such *****es! :dizzy:
Try dandelion root - it's a natural diuretic. I have the tea and I also usually take a capsule each day but I ran out. And yes, drink more water! Also a few good cardio sessions where you sweat a lot works. Sometimes you just have to give it time.

love2b150
04-04-2014, 04:06 PM
Syckgirlsfv, the popcorn always messes me up. Everytime I eat it I'm up water weight :( but oh how I love it :) Is dandalion root a supplement or tea?

PostWedding so you've loss some inches :high: Nice NSV :) The number on the scale will definitely follow, keep up the good work :)

hhm, :hug: read my post below I did horribly yesterday :(. If it's gas I say go to Walmart or whatever pharmacy and get some gas relief tablets/chewables. If it's water weight you can take water pills. I hope something gives you relief :hug:

LiannaKole, I love the way your life coach talks ;) I need to hear that some days also. I just told a friend that I have been at 163 point something for 8 days now. I did see 162.6 one day and it quickly went back. I will not let 163 capture my thoughts. I will do better and stay OP :) So keep talking to me LIFE COACH it helps :hug:

Well bad me did horribly yesterday, I was over in calories by 1193 and carbs by 244. MFP surely puts things into perspective for ya ;). I didn't do any exercise either. Just spent the better part of the day with my thin wanting to stop every where to eat daughter yesterday :) We had a good time but goodness I couldn't do that everyday. I drank a nice warm glass of prune juice before bed because my stomach was a mess. Thank goodness it does help me :) Weigh in today was 163.8 up .4 from yesterday which would have been way worse if not for that fiber :D

ETA: I did make it to the gym today burned 504 calories so feeling good. My oldest doesn't have football practice today so he wants to go to the gym the evening. What is you alls take on working out (which for me is more walking) twice in one day? I do brisk up hill walking. I haven't done it in 4 years and before it was counter active use to give me an up on the scale most times.

Syckgirlsfv
04-04-2014, 04:20 PM
Dandelion root comes in both...tea and also supplement form. I like to use the capsules but when I run out I drink the tea until I get more :D

love2b150
04-04-2014, 04:32 PM
ok thanks I'll look into it :)

hhm6
04-04-2014, 04:37 PM
Thanks ladies!!!

I did go and buy some gas relief tablets, omg I feel like the weight of the world is off my shoulders! Man, this is what I get for eating healthy?! sheesh!

I have the same effect from cauliflower, do all vegetables do this? I boil and clean them well before I eat, oy.

I weighed 168 again today =) I am relieved! I hope it goes down though!! Apart from my cheat yesterday I'm doing pretty well eating wise, but I guess something is keeping me in the 160s still.

I will look into dandelion root too! I've been drinking bittermelon tea too! My mom drinks it since she's diabetic, I think it's supposed to help with lowering blood sugar levels? Either way, the less pills the better!

thirti4thirty
04-04-2014, 04:38 PM
Trashy day today...
I ate and ate and ate
cheese and sugar bbbrrrrrrrr
I gave up weighing this morning though. See ya tomorrow missy scaley!
hhm6 To crack those stubborn lbs may be you should try changing something drastically. May be your diet or your workout.

love2b150
04-04-2014, 04:46 PM
thirti4thirty sorry about your day :hug:

hhm, glad you feel better :hug: I need to look into bitter melon if it helps with sugar readings :)

Syckgirlsfv
04-04-2014, 05:37 PM
I get this dandelion tea from Amazon.com - it's Organic Roasted Dandelion Root by Traditional Medicinals and it's very roasty...almost like coffee! Except it's caffeine free ;) the box says that it 'gets the juices flowing, gently stimulates the liver and supports healthy digestion'

it's slightly bitter and some people actually use it in place of coffee...it's so similar. I like it straight or with a little honey, but with creamer it would be almost just like coffee :D

love2b150
04-04-2014, 05:57 PM
humm, I wonder if I can by it in the organic section of the grocery store. I will definitely look :)

hhm6
04-05-2014, 04:41 AM
Love2b-My mom heard about it from a friend who refused to take metformin to reduce her sugar levels, and it works great for her! My mom likes it too, doesn't taste great, but she likes it and drinks it religiously now!

She usually buys them at any asian supermarket, I have yet to see them at local chain stores like Target or Walmart.

I didn't exercise today, but I did clean the house and walk around TJmaxxx for awhile (if those even count!) lol I bought two pairs of new jeans since my old ones were so gross lol. A little sad that I'm still a size 12!!!

thirti4thirty
04-05-2014, 04:45 AM
It was a weekend of absolute FREEDOM and therefore ABSOLUTE GAIN. I did walk a bit, but I ate KFC and pizza and a whole carton of pineapple drink so today it's a 165.7:p
I need to make this post to remind myself that it's the end of the break and there's NO GOING BACK!
It's going to be difficult cos I have tons of work to do and I'm under a lot of stress but I shall be faithful to my body and my vows.
Enjoy your weekend y'all!

hhm6
04-05-2014, 04:53 AM
It was a weekend of absolute FREEDOM and therefore ABSOLUTE GAIN. I did walk a bit, but I ate KFC and pizza and a whole carton of pineapple drink so today it's a 165.7:p
I need to make this post to remind myself that it's the end of the break and there's NO GOING BACK!
It's going to be difficult cos I have tons of work to do and I'm under a lot of stress but I shall be faithful to my body and my vows.
Enjoy your weekend y'all!

Oh man this was me a few days ago! I'm sure a portion is water weight! it'll go down, you're doing so well thirty!!

Good luck with everything! I know having work and stress doesn't help with weight loss, but you know what you're doing! :)

LiannaKole
04-05-2014, 12:42 PM
Gotta write quick - have to go in like two seconds. 166.6 again (naturally). At least it's not going up. The glass is half full, people. ;)

love2b150
04-05-2014, 12:58 PM
hhm if it will get me off metformin I will drink it religiously also, believe me.

thirti4thirty, pick your head up (I know you will) :hug:, you've got this and that water will go away. I did the same thing with burger king and little caesar's pizza ... but it's a new day and we will pull through :hug: We just need to find a rhythm to all of this and we will :hug:

Lianna, yes the glass is half full :)

ok be back later ... here's a :hug: for everyone ... I love hugs, they make me smile :hug:

Syckgirlsfv
04-05-2014, 01:31 PM
just want to say good morning ladies! :wave: sunny and gorgeous already and it's only 9:30 - birds are chirping, sun is out...it's going to be in the 90's this coming week! :sunny::sunny::sunny:

had my coffee and getting ready to go get the oil changed in my truck - maybe a tire rotation, too. Probably take a long bike ride with DH later :bike2:

hope you all have an awesome day!

thirti4thirty
04-05-2014, 02:53 PM
Thanks for your messages, hhm6 and love2b150!
I was going to indulge in another pizza or other fatty foods. When I was getting ready to go out, I put on a top that used to be so tight on me which has become so lose, same for the skirt I wore. And yet they were so loose on me. I looked so flat!
I stopped and thought: Oh no! No going back possible. I love what I'm seeing so much!!!
Not talking about my earings! They've become just too gorgeous now that I have a neck!
All smiles! Had some fruit today. Might be walking home tonight...
We can

love2b150
04-05-2014, 10:28 PM
Syckgirlsfv, the sound of a wonderful day, enjoy :)

thirti4thirty, I love your post ... :)

weigh in this morning down .6 to 163.2 but I had an interesting eating day again. we stayed out too long and I tried to burn it off at the gym but only got in a burn of 260 calories before they closed ...

B ~ Atkins chocolate shake, ½ cup cream of chicken soup w/real chicken
S ~ whopper malted eggs, banana
L ~ Atkins chocolate peanut butter bar
S ~ ¼ of a pack of cheese/pb cracker so one cracker, (I forgot my almond butter/polaner s/f grape on a slice of s/f nature's own)
D ~ little pieces of orange chicken b4 the sauce was put on it, egg roll no duck sauce and 1.5 grapefruit

and about 12+ cups of water

thirti4thirty
04-06-2014, 07:07 AM
Oh wow, that's a great loss, love2b150. Congrats on that!
It's 165.3 this morning. At least I'm down .4
I'm going to continue making efforts.
This morning, I was pondering over the fact that in my last 3 diets, I ALWAYS stop around 72 kg. Before pigging this past week, I was weighing in at 73.8 kg. I do not think this is a coincidence. I had not thought about it before. But now I'm sure that this is a mental barrier that I'm gonna have to take down.
So I'm going to be VERY DISCIPLINE TO EXPEL THE NEXT 5 KILOS (10 POUNDS).
I'm gonna break the number 7!!!
So help me God!

love2b150
04-06-2014, 07:34 PM
Thanks thirti4thirty :) Good job on the .4 down :high: I am with you on the mental barrier. I got to 165 years ago and just stopped. I was determined not to do that this time and I haven't. We can get passed our barriers ... WE HAVE TO in order to see the true victory at the end :hug:

I had a great weigh in today. Down 1.2 to 162.0. this is my new low this go around. If it sticks tomorrow I will change my ticker tomorrow. Monday's will be my official ticker change day since it's the weigh in day for most of my challenges also :) I made it to the gym, 3.02 miles burn 374. I am feeling good :)

love2b150
04-06-2014, 07:49 PM
Oh I found the Traditional Medicinals organic Roasted Dandelion Root tea at one of the Walmart's here and the Kroger near the gym carries it for $4.59. I had a cup not bad plain. Thanks for the tip :)

hhm6
04-07-2014, 03:36 AM
Thought I saw 167 this weekend!! Which is rare~ but omg so amazing if it's true!

I went and bought new clothes this weekend, so much fun! I went to Ross and TJmaxx so I got some things for cheap (found express jeans there for $20!) I went to walmart twice this weekend and both times I forgot to go check the scales. oy!

Btw, I have another tmi question! (sorry not sure what's up with these questions of mine lately) but do you guys have problems going to the bathroom when you're dieting/eating healthy? I don't have any regularity and I feel like I always need a laxative or fiber supplement. I don't want to get dependent on these! :(

I promise that is my last TMI question!! Hope you all had a great weekend!

Love2b-Yayyy on that new low!!! :carrot:

thirti4thirty
04-07-2014, 05:59 AM
Did I say "very disciplined"? ===> I had 2 burgers y'day
But I know what triggered that and I've found a remedy to it.

Still down to 165.1 this morning.

April...bring it on!

love2b and hhm: congrats on your respective losses! Sounds refreshing and encouraging!

love2b150
04-07-2014, 10:44 AM
Thanks hhm :), good for you on seeing 167 :) LOL, the questions are fine trust me, never TMI :). I unfortunately can't answer that question because I have always been irregular so I just go when I go. Or drink some prune juice to get things moving. You may want to check our how much fiber you're getting. I think more roughage would help though it doesn't help me.

Thanks thirti4thirty :), nice weigh in :high: I'm having a burger today (my plan for lunch) but without the bun, just cheese, lettuce and tomato. I may even make some oopsie bread to have it on or not :)

Well I'm :mad: I was hoping to see 161 point something and I maintained :( still 162.

thirti4thirty
04-07-2014, 01:20 PM
Did I say "remedy"? I just had a bowl of banana split.

What's wrong with me?!?

I was doing sooo well! Or did I overdo it?

Crossing my fingers for tomorrow's weigh in!

love2b150
04-07-2014, 02:10 PM
thirti4thirty, I am thinking the same thing ... today I have had, an egg roll, two slices of wheat s/f toast with polaner s/f jam, 29 cheese nips, 7 Takis, 2 grapefruits ... not exactly good eats :(

hhm6
04-07-2014, 05:51 PM
LOL! I had a spoon of macaroni and cheese today! Thankfully just a spoon. I felt like I just had to have it, good thing I did, now it's out of my system!

I was 167 again today!!yay for ticker change!!

thank you thirty and love2b!! Btw love2b, what is oopsie bread?!

love2b150
04-07-2014, 06:40 PM
Thanks hhm I forgot I said I was gonna change my ticker on Monday's. :) Even though trust me tomorrow it will be completely wrong. Great NSV with the mac n cheese. :) I have had a feast today.

... it's a make shift/fake you out bread

Oopsie Rolls (Gluten-Free Buns)
3 large eggs
pinch of cream of tartar (1/8 tsp)
3 ounces cream cheese (Do not soften)

Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
Separate the eggs and add cream cheese to the yolks. Use a mixer to combine the ingredients together. In a separate bowl, whip egg whites and cream of tartar until stiff (if you’re using the same mixer, mix the whites first and then the yolk mixture). Using a spatula, gradually fold the egg yolk mixture into the white mixture, being careful not to break down the whites. Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick spray and spoon the mixture onto the sheet, making 6 mounds. Flatten each mound slightly.

Bake about 30 minutes (You want them slightly softer, not crumbly). Let cool on the sheet for a few minutes, and then remove to a rack and allow them to cool. Store in a loosely open sack and allow to rest on the counter before use (otherwise they might be too moist). Can be frozen. You can also toast them after refrigeration.

thirti4thirty
04-08-2014, 05:19 AM
Yayyy hhm6! Congrats on that!
Still at 165.1 this morning. After the whole box of banana split, I was expecting something higher. I'm gonna try and do some walking today.
hhm6 I feel you on that one. This month I had to get the customary pizza, burger and banana split gelatto out of my system. And now I'm feeling just fine, despite the gaining back.....hihihihi

love2b150
04-08-2014, 08:40 AM
thirti4thirty glad the banana split didn't do you in :high:

My junk food didn't do me in either so I'm going to take that as fair warning ... it gave me a break with the help of the treadmill and I am only up .2 to 162.2. I can live with that :)

hhm6
04-08-2014, 04:01 PM
love2b- that bread sounds so good!! especially the cream cheese!! I'm a sucker for anything with cream cheese!

I'm pretty sure I was 167.5-168 today but I'm counting it as 167 because I woke up soo soo bloated! I ate some vanilla cookies last night after doing so well during the day (UGH!~!!!) but let's pray it's water weight!

I didn't eat very well today! My mom was making some chicken nuggets and homemade potato wedges and I totally caved. At least they weren't fried? All oven baked with olive oil (yeah right--I shouldn't even try to justify this!)

I need to spend some quality time on the treadmill today for sure!!

Thanks thirty!! We're doing pretty well guys!! I just checked my previous posts and one month ago today I was 169, so a 2lb loss! Not the greatest, but not a gain is good right?!

love2b150
04-08-2014, 06:50 PM
hhm, it's not bad you taste more egg than anything, I think. But it serves it's purpose, 92 calories, 2 carbs, 5 protein for two pieces. And not a gain is great :)

love2b150
04-09-2014, 06:08 PM
I had a bad bad afternoon :( so I'm admitting

I HAVE AN EATING DISORDER
WHEN I TRY TO EAT RIGHT
I EAT WRONG
EVEN WHEN I PLAN IT SOMETIMES I STILL DO WRONG
TODAY STARTED OUT WELL AND I BLEW IT
IT ALL WENT WRONG :(

How on earth do you blow your own birthday present? Tell me that isn't just plain stupid :mad: I am so disappointed in myself. :( I think I am actually losing control of the late afternoon/evenings, smh.

Syckgirlsfv
04-09-2014, 06:26 PM
hi ladies :wave:

been so busy since school started again last week - still plugging along at 165. BUT it's because I've been pretty lackadaisical with everything...I realize that I have been doing things I shouldn't for my diet more often than not lately. SO, I have gone back to being strict with me! :o I even stopped my nightly glass (well, 2 glasses that fit in one glass) of wine - the first two nights I did without were school nights, which is a big challenge for me because it's hard to fall asleep quickly after a long night of class. BUT I DID IT! :dizzy::dizzy::dizzy:

I've been paying attention to sugar intake, as well. Very low. Dropped 2 pounds of water since Monday, so it's going to work but I just have to keep going, instead of slacking off again once I'm back to 165 like I've been doing. I simply MUST get back out of the 160's again!!! And I'm going to this time, no ands, ifs, or buts!!! Hope you are all doing well!

hhm6
04-10-2014, 12:50 AM
I had a bad bad afternoon :( so I'm admitting

I HAVE AN EATING DISORDER
WHEN I TRY TO EAT RIGHT
I EAT WRONG
EVEN WHEN I PLAN IT SOMETIMES I STILL DO WRONG
TODAY STARTED OUT WELL AND I BLEW IT
IT ALL WENT WRONG :(

How on earth do you blow your own birthday present? Tell me that isn't just plain stupid :mad: I am so disappointed in myself. :( I think I am actually losing control of the late afternoon/evenings, smh.

Love2b!! :hug: Don't worry! You are not alone here! Two weeks ago I went to target and bought the 12 packs of little debbie and sara lee snacks and ate them ALL in 2 nights!! It happens, I think sometimes it's our brains wanting to break free of all the restrictions we put on ourselves.

My hardest problem is also the evenings so now I've been brushing my teeth right after dinner so the taste is out of my mouth. It helps a little!! Or can you keep a diet soda around? Sometimes the carbonation helps me feel less hungry (and no cals/sugar!)

Don't beat yourself, you've gotten so far, if anything you gain some water weight but it will go down!! :hug:

hi ladies :wave:

been so busy since school started again last week - still plugging along at 165. BUT it's because I've been pretty lackadaisical with everything...I realize that I have been doing things I shouldn't for my diet more often than not lately. SO, I have gone back to being strict with me! :o I even stopped my nightly glass (well, 2 glasses that fit in one glass) of wine - the first two nights I did without were school nights, which is a big challenge for me because it's hard to fall asleep quickly after a long night of class. BUT I DID IT! :dizzy::dizzy::dizzy:

I've been paying attention to sugar intake, as well. Very low. Dropped 2 pounds of water since Monday, so it's going to work but I just have to keep going, instead of slacking off again once I'm back to 165 like I've been doing. I simply MUST get back out of the 160's again!!! And I'm going to this time, no ands, ifs, or buts!!! Hope you are all doing well!

Sugar is huge for me! Although I feel like sometimes I count my carbs more carefully than sugar (like rather have my 20g of carbs come from sugar vs fiber lol- horrible logic i know!)

Still 167 today!

thirti4thirty
04-10-2014, 07:00 AM
165.1 here. I'm with you on this one, love2b. But please let's not give up hope. I'm planning to tell my therapist about this on friday, our next session. I don't know where the problem is coming from again.
I had another full bowl of banana split and I've just ordered a fully loaded burger for home delivery. Y'day I also had a huge bowl of rice and fish.
I'm disoriented. But I know I have to get back onto the wagon. Let's do this step by step.

hhm6
04-10-2014, 06:32 PM
It's official. I can't bake when I'm dieting!! I ate two of everything I baked today (brownies, cookies, baked mac and cheese!) ugh, I actually feel reaaally sleepy now too which is so weird, like if I were to nap it would be amazing, ugh so sluggish.

I was 167 this morning. I'm sure the +100g carbs I had in one sitting will come back to haunt me tomorrow morning =(

Hope everyone is doing well! These bad days don't define us!! :hug:

MM2014
04-10-2014, 06:37 PM
Hi everyone I'm new to this site I'v just found it as I'm lying in bed crying my eyes out... I'v just gotten my hair done by the sister in law who is a twig person and insists she has to lose weight I have been feeling crappy now for a few years and have just never been able to get rid of my weight but the last week or so I'v just hot rock bottom and she pushed me over the edge tonight, sorry to have a rant but I see the inspiration and the support here and I'm just hoping I can get some I'm really at the end of my shock now with using my mouth and stomach as a bin bag!! I'v never ever ever felt so low so here I am looking for real people with the same real problems!

Syckgirlsfv
04-10-2014, 07:18 PM
Welcome, MM2014 don't worry, you're in good company here :D

I'm down .2 today - not much but better than up. My 3rd night in a row without wine was last night, and I'm doing well with it! Lifted heavy last night - 5 sets of machine flys, 5 sets of machine delt rows, and 3 sets machine chest presses. From there I did 30 minutes uphill at a 12% incline on the treadmill, at 4 mph. This is what I'm talking about!!! I AM BACK! ha ha! School has kept me from getting to the gym very much for the last few years...but I think I've got a better handle on it now. Plus the fact that I'm taking 2 classes instead of 3 this quarter - 3 is just too much while working full time!

Either going out on a bike ride with DH tonight, or a walk. We'll decide when I get home from work ;)

LiannaKole
04-10-2014, 09:32 PM
I'm still alive, I swear. And my weight hasn't really budged. I'm dealing with some time-consuming, stressful personal situations. I've managed not to lean on food for support so far...at least not much. My weight's 166.2.

Hope everyone's doing well!

And welcome, MM2014!

love2b150
04-10-2014, 10:17 PM
Thanks hhm :hug: I got back on the wagon this morning and actually dropped that .6 that I was up. Not sure how other than that fact that I drank a cup of prune juice before church and finally went to the bathroom when we got home. I hate being irregular. I think that's why my stomach is always so gassy, idk :?: The more weight I lose I can actually hear my stomach digesting food. It's weird, loud and annoying when I'm out. I can't buy cupcakes. I'll eat them before I get home :(. Then I'm upset. So I literally stare them down in the store but I don't dare touch them or apple pies :). There's a store that we shop at that sells individual pies 2 for a $1. Are they crazy? and they are at the register. If I get them they are gone before I get home. :( On the diet soda, it can take me a month or more to drink a 20oz soda. I don't think about them after I take a swallow. I'll put it in the refrigerator and one of my boys will ask me if I ever plan to finish it ;)

Thanks thirti4thirty :hug: today was better. I didn't crave anything and didn't eat anything off point ... one day at a time and definitely step by step. :hug: My son-in-law wants to take me out to eat for my birthday this weekend since his Mother will be in town. He and my daughter have been talking about it for two weeks now. I will have to definitely plan accordingly. I still have a goal to make by Monday and I intend on doing it (or get as close to it as I can). Honestly I feel at this point, if I see 160 or even 161 at least I will know I can get there. Now if it doesn't stick after Monday, I don't care because when I see a number it does come back. I know I'm rambling but I really want to see a number below 162 ..... pleaseeeeeeeeee :) So yes step by step we will get out of the 160's :hug:

MM2014 :hug: please don't cry and don't let thin people bring you down :hug: don't listen to anything she says about weight, drives me nuts also when they talk about losing weight. They haven't got a clue. My daughter has a little pouch she may weigh 120. I told her to do some crunches and stop eating junk and cooking at midnight. She thought that was funny. She is very supportive of me and is really happy when I reach a new low, but still shows me her pouch from time to time :) Do you have a plan in mind that you'd like to try? I say try because we've all tried many things until we find what works and you will figure it out :hug: I hope you stick around and post as often as you can. We'll pick you up even if we are falling we have each others backs for sure :hug:

Syckgirlsfv, good job on the .2 I like the .2 they add up ;) You've got your mojo back Lady :high: Way to go! :carrot: and Good for you with the wine :high: I use to have a glass (same size as yours) ;) every evening. I stopped like you cold turkey along with smoking a pack of cigarettes a days in 2004 and I have never looked back. You go Girl :high:

Well as I said above today has been a good day ... I am happy. Hope I have another good day tomorrow. I HOPE WE ALL DO ... Ladies we have got to get out of the 160's ... at least by the end of April (we can try :hug:) and we may succeed, if not out of the 16's hopefully we'll be close enough to the end of them to see the 150's by mid May, before June :crossed: We can do this, We will do this :hug:

Mad Donnelly
04-11-2014, 12:43 AM
Unless I get a major whoosh, I am probably here to stay for the month. I have probably slowed down to about 5 pounds a month. BUT still losing overall. Still running, still doing everything basically on plan (not perfect but no slip ups where I was out of control). Won't lie, tho, I know slower is better but I want it a little faster than 5 a month.

love2b150
04-11-2014, 08:59 AM
Unless I get a major whoosh, I am probably here to stay for the month. I have probably slowed down to about 5 pounds a month. BUT still losing overall. Still running, still doing everything basically on plan (not perfect but no slip ups where I was out of control). Won't lie, tho, I know slower is better but I want it a little faster than 5 a month.

Great job on the no slip ups wish I could say the same :high: and I think we all wish this weight would come off faster :D but they say slow and steady. So I TRY to keep that in mind ;) it would be nice to lose like 10lbs in a week (but then we may have to go to the doctor to see what's wrong so maybe not) but it was a nice thought :)

I am down .4 to 161.8. New low so my wish came true. Now to keep it going :crossed: My calories were low yesterday so I need to be good today. My daughter, her husband and his Mother want to take me out to eat tomorrow so I'm thinking I should just low carb/calorie today also. Thoughts/comments :)

thirti4thirty
04-11-2014, 12:20 PM
165.7 today...

Syckgirlsfv
04-11-2014, 12:35 PM
up that .2 today...probably because I am mid-cycle and usually carry more water at that time (TMI, sorry, LOL) and I ate a little popcorn last night so maybe the salt. Kept calories below goal again AND burned of 320 walking 3.5 miles with DH. Going to dinner with our Pastor and his wife tonight - seafood joint. I think it's one of those all you can eat sushi, which usually I love sushi, but I have stopped eating fish since Fukushima. oh well, one night won't kill me I hope!

love2b150
04-11-2014, 12:48 PM
New low today 161.8 down .4 ... feeling happy :)

thirti4thirty
04-11-2014, 04:12 PM
love2b::bravo:
That's good news and so encouraging for me.
Continue, girl!!!

Mad Donnelly
04-11-2014, 05:07 PM
My calories were low yesterday so I need to be good today. My daughter, her husband and his Mother want to take me out to eat tomorrow so I'm thinking I should just low carb/calorie today also. Thoughts/comments :)
Absolutely when you know you have something coming up, some "preemptive" extra care is great if you can. And really hit the water, too. If not, then the day after. For me, it all depends how I'm feeling. Some days I can totally fast, for example, and others, nothing doing. But I can't really plan ahead for that. I just have to see. Man, I'd love to be nearly out of the 160s. I already know when I first see that "5" I am going to jump for joy.

Mad Donnelly
04-11-2014, 05:10 PM
Syckgirlsfv, "VEGAS countdown - spa suite at the MGM Grand June 16th - 18th, 2014!!!!". This is a great motivating goal. Mine is beach time 3 weeks before that and I'd like to have that extra 3 weeks. BUT I know while at the beach, I am gonna spend every moment I can on my feet on the beach running and walking so it won't derail me.

And I actually weigh today what my thingie over there says I do.

Syckgirlsfv
04-11-2014, 05:53 PM
Love2b150 good going! you'll likely leave the 160s well before I do!! But I WILL leave them. :kickbutt: I was 158 in July before I went to Vegas for our anniversary - 8 pounds from goal. Unfortunately all the booze and food put water on me in the amount of 7 pounds, and I just didn't address it immediately and the pounds became actual weight. and so the cycle continues...

Mad Donnelly Vegas is always my motivator! I'm always counting down to one Vegas trip or another :carrot: We always at least go in the summer, and it's all about the pool so I wear board shorts and a bikini top so I can't have a bunch of pudge around my middle. On a positive note, my mid-section isn't my problem. It's the back of my hips and my outer thighs...I'm thicker on the bottom. When I weigh closer to 150 it's awesome, but when I'm over 160 I don't like the curves as much because they are where the weight goes...

just walked 2 and 1/2 miles during lunch and burned 200 calories so I'm ahead of the game for sushi :D

love2b150
04-11-2014, 10:32 PM
Thanks thirti4thirty :) I hope it's encouragement for me also ;)

Mad Donnelly, you're gonna JUMP FOR JOY, huh I'm gonna jump, shout, scream, faint. LOL I think I'll be in shock ;) Hoping for a nice whoosh for ya :crossed:

Thanks Syckgirlsfv :) I got a book from the library called 8 minutes in the morning to a flat belly by Jorge Cruise. I am gonna give it a shot. My belly is horrible, just pure flab. So I hope I can stick to this sense it is only 8 minutes and see some improvement :)

Let's all shoot for 156, 157, 158 the week before your vacation. We have plenty of time and we can do it :) Deal (lets shake on it :D)

hhm6
04-11-2014, 11:19 PM
Yayy love2b:hug: happy to read your post!!!

Syckgirl- I just noticed your Vegas and Glendale location (hope that's not creepy!) Both places I miss so much!! I used to hang out in Americana all the time and I lived in Vegas for 2 years, miss them loads now, what a great goal to work towards!!!

So guys, the wedding I have to attend is coming up!! I'm so afraid I'll gain weight on the plane and once i get there, but we can be optimistic right??!

AND OMG~!! My weight today almost looked like 165 but I logged it in as 166 (just in case!) but if course when to walgreens to pick up meds and bought those russel stover eggs, ugh they had to make new flavors!! anyway, a good 450 cals went to that.

I just want to make it through the weekend without hitting 168!! (or eating high calorie junk!)

Have a good weekend everyone!!

Mad Donnelly
04-12-2014, 12:23 AM
Yay, I hit a new number tonight! I would love to be out of the 160s this month but it's not gonna happen. 6 more pounds in less than 20 days.

On a positive note, my mid-section isn't my problem.
Wish that wasn't my problem. It's the area that most vexes me. Arrrgggg

Syckgirlsfv
04-12-2014, 02:23 AM
hhm6 how funny you used to live here! Where do you live now? I lived on Colorado and Glendale Avenue for 10 years, so we went to the Americana a lot. We moved almost 2 years ago to the edge of Glendale where it boarders Burbank, near the Equestrian center. LOVE it so much!!!!! Horses are always around, walking down the streets, even on my street. It's amazing and so much less crowded than South Glendale. But my church is over by Americana and we still go to The Cheesecake Factory there a lot. I used to actually be able to walk out my driveway and up the ramp in to Jon's market :D and my mother in law still lives there because it's her property we lived on.

ok love2b150 - DEAL! I am going to aim lower, though...give me 155!!!!! yeehaw!

love2b150
04-12-2014, 11:07 AM
Happy Saturday :wave:

Thanks hhm :) hhm, do you remember str1nk1ngme? She was here with us in Dec or Jan. I don't remember when you joined the thread. I just have in my mind that everyone has been here as long as I have (sorry if that sounds mean, it's not meant to be) but we build good relationships often on 3FC so it just seems like we've been friends forever. :hug: But she does JUDDD. The Johnson Up Down Day Diet. She is now in the 130's. You can try to do that until the Wedding. I got a book from the library by the same author alternate day diet by James B Johnson. Remember the bad days I had this week well I used those as my up calorie days and I have had two down calorie days. Today I am going to hang out with my daughter and her MIL and I know that there will a restaurant involved so this will probably be a higher calorie up day. All that said, the scale has been moving for me and I have not been exactly following a great nutrition plan. And TOM is starting also. Look it up and give it a shot. :hug: ... If you have more of those eggs, throw them out, you can do this. I know you can. :hug: Think of that beautiful dress (I know it's not a called a dress) I would love to wear it. :) You're gonna look great in it, but NO eggs :) hhm I have been text buddies for support to anyone that wants to do it. I'll PM you my number it is up to you whether you want to text when you are not having a great moment or if you had a great NSV ... :hug:

Mad Donnelly, Congrats on the NEW number :high: LOL It's by June 9th one week before Syckgirlsfv leaves for vacation, not by the end of April. We'd have to starve ourselves LOL :)

Syckgirlsfv, wow, on you and hhm :)

So our thread goals so far are to see the numbers 159, 158, 157, 156, 155 a week before Vegas Monday, June 9th ;) I hope we all give it a shot ... it will be fun. Plus we have a wedding to attend soon. Maybe if we all think as if we are going to these different events/ running into family members we haven't seen or old friends we haven't seen that would give us a little more of a push. Just a thought (because it only works for me sometimes :D) I have a cookout to attend on May 10th at a former employers house. I know she'll be shocked to see me 30 plus pounds down so I definitely want to do this :)

That's 7 weeks from Monday. WE CAN DO THIS :carrot:

Syckgirlsfv = 155
love2b150 = 156
hhm =
thirti4thirty =
Mad Donnelly =

am I forgetting anyone?

Ok down .6 to 161.2 but today is a gonna be a big calorie day so not expecting to see that or lower tomorrow. But it's good to see today. ;)

Mad Donnelly
04-12-2014, 01:19 PM
Mad Donnelly, Congrats on the NEW number :high: LOL It's by June 9th one week before Syckgirlsfv leaves for vacation, not by the end of April. We'd have to starve ourselves LOL :)

Oh, no, that's just MY pipedream to be 159 by end of April. My motivator is the beach by the end of May but I have no set goal per se for then. I had thought 15 overall was doable but not now. I'm lucky if I lose 9 by then because I'd need some major wooshes. BUT that gives me 43 days or so to reach into the 150s.

Syckgirlsfv
04-12-2014, 01:39 PM
alright, this is what I like to see! :cp::cp: all this motivation starts becoming contagious and soon we're all off and running! YES! We CAN do it! I"m down the .2 I was up yesterday plus another .2 - down .4 today.

166.2 - almost back to 165 and then I want to kick it up another notch so I'll probably do SBD phase 1. I haven't had wine in 5 days and I'm not wanting it, still. I had told myself I could have a glass last night and a glass tonight, but I actually don't feel like it. That's a HUGE NSV for me! :spin:

I'm having my Ganolife hazelnut cappuccino (120 calories) and soon I'll have breakfast, probably eggs and toast, and DH and I are going to do a long bike ride on Chandler bike path. From our house it's an 11 mile round trip ride :D

Everyone have a great day! :goodvibes
:dust:

Syckgirlsfv
04-13-2014, 01:18 PM
this morning I am a whole pound down!

the no wine is working and I don't even have any desire to drink it. OR booze. I also just started taking some Garcinia Cambogia and I take green coffee bean and cordyceps, too. But I think it's the absence of alcohol mostly, and my appetite is a bit less, too. This time I'm not going to get too overly confident and **** up...I'll keep on going until I hit 155 :D

thirti4thirty
04-13-2014, 02:58 PM
Nothing much on my side, folks.
I'm just FIGHTING MY DEMONS...I don't want to start mentioning the nonsense I've bee swallowing these past days, for fear of triggering some other member. I'm going to avoid weighing myself for a while while I keep myself under some kind of control.

SENDING YOUR WAY AND MY WAY SOME MUCH NEEDED :dust::dust:

love2b150
04-13-2014, 05:02 PM
Ladies I had a bunch of calories/carbs/sodium yesterday and that didn't include my cake. So with that said my birthday goal is not going to happen. But it's ok, I know I can never reward myself the way I want because I don't have the discipline to do so but I will starting on Tuesday for sure.

I am up 1.6 this morning to 162.8 and there is no telling what the scale will read mañana so it is what it is :) But we will do this and we/I can

hhm6
04-13-2014, 07:13 PM
Oy, I did some MAJOR carb damage today and I still have to get dinner with a friend for her bday tonight.

I will check in tomorrow with weigh in news, purposely not checking because I don't want to get discouraged :(

Hope you all are having a wonderful weekend!!

Syckgirlsfv
04-14-2014, 02:59 PM
165 this morning, even.

Hoping for something in the 164 range tomorrow :D

hhm6
04-14-2014, 04:00 PM
hhm6 how funny you used to live here! Where do you live now? I lived on Colorado and Glendale Avenue for 10 years, so we went to the Americana a lot. We moved almost 2 years ago to the edge of Glendale where it boarders Burbank, near the Equestrian center. LOVE it so much!!!!! Horses are always around, walking down the streets, even on my street. It's amazing and so much less crowded than South Glendale. But my church is over by Americana and we still go to The Cheesecake Factory there a lot. I used to actually be able to walk out my driveway and up the ramp in to Jon's market :D and my mother in law still lives there because it's her property we lived on.

ok love2b150 - DEAL! I am going to aim lower, though...give me 155!!!!! yeehaw!

I live in Santa Clarita now! (aka old people town!) haha but it's nice and quiet here :) I do miss Americana! and Porto's but I guess I should be staying away anyway now haha.

Happy Saturday :wave:

Thanks hhm :) hhm, do you remember str1nk1ngme? She was here with us in Dec or Jan. I don't remember when you joined the thread. I just have in my mind that everyone has been here as long as I have (sorry if that sounds mean, it's not meant to be) but we build good relationships often on 3FC so it just seems like we've been friends forever. :hug: But she does JUDDD. The Johnson Up Down Day Diet. She is now in the 130's. You can try to do that until the Wedding. I got a book from the library by the same author alternate day diet by James B Johnson. Remember the bad days I had this week well I used those as my up calorie days and I have had two down calorie days. Today I am going to hang out with my daughter and her MIL and I know that there will a restaurant involved so this will probably be a higher calorie up day. All that said, the scale has been moving for me and I have not been exactly following a great nutrition plan. And TOM is starting also. Look it up and give it a shot. :hug: ... If you have more of those eggs, throw them out, you can do this. I know you can. :hug: Think of that beautiful dress (I know it's not a called a dress) I would love to wear it. :) You're gonna look great in it, but NO eggs :) hhm I have been text buddies for support to anyone that wants to do it. I'll PM you my number it is up to you whether you want to text when you are not having a great moment or if you had a great NSV ... :hug:

Syckgirlsfv, wow, on you and hhm :)

So our thread goals so far are to see the numbers 159, 158, 157, 156, 155 a week before Vegas Monday, June 9th ;) I hope we all give it a shot ... it will be fun. Plus we have a wedding to attend soon. Maybe if we all think as if we are going to these different events/ running into family members we haven't seen or old friends we haven't seen that would give us a little more of a push. Just a thought (because it only works for me sometimes :D) I have a cookout to attend on May 10th at a former employers house. I know she'll be shocked to see me 30 plus pounds down so I definitely want to do this :)

That's 7 weeks from Monday. WE CAN DO THIS :carrot:

Syckgirlsfv = 155
love2b150 = 156
hhm =
thirti4thirty =
Mad Donnelly =

am I forgetting anyone?

Ok down .6 to 161.2 but today is a gonna be a big calorie day so not expecting to see that or lower tomorrow. But it's good to see today. ;)

Hi love2b!! Yes I do remember! I wonder where she went? There are so many people that I see and then never see after a few posts :( Hopefully they come back!!

Oh and I messaged you back about being text buddies! (I have a crap phone right now) but I'm upgrading in a few months so for sure then!! :)

At this point, I'm going to aim for 159! But I'm leaving the country in 2 weeks and my diet and everything will be out the window (YOU GUYS!! I'm going to get so fat!~!! ugh!) I also get anxiety thinking that I have to see my ex-bf's family there, oy not fun.

I was 167 today, a lb up but it was expected had loads of fried food and ice cream yesterday :( Hopefully it goes down!! Happy monday guys!

Syckgirlsfv
04-14-2014, 05:54 PM
ooh, where are you going, hhm? Also, I want to know what you thought about living in Vegas when you were there. Did you hate it compared to here, or was it good? I'm asking because I'm tired of the houses here costing 800K that cost 200K there...and gas prices, state taxes...yada yada yada... My husband is afraid it will be boring and he'll hate it because there won't be anything to do!

Syckgirlsfv
04-14-2014, 05:56 PM
oh, and looking again at how much time I actually have until Vegas, 63 days, I may be a little over ambitious with the 155! But I'm still going to try. :)

hhm6
04-15-2014, 02:52 AM
ooh, where are you going, hhm? Also, I want to know what you thought about living in Vegas when you were there. Did you hate it compared to here, or was it good? I'm asking because I'm tired of the houses here costing 800K that cost 200K there...and gas prices, state taxes...yada yada yada... My husband is afraid it will be boring and he'll hate it because there won't be anything to do!

I'm going to the Maldives! :)

I loved living in Vegas, I actually lived in a city called Green Valley Ranch, it's beautiful over there! It looks less like the desert and more of a town, still nice casinos if you don't want to go to the strip. I also loved that even though you're all the way out in NV, there are always visitors! I also loved how cheap living there was! I had a super nice apartment and was paying less than $800 a month, which would never happen living in California (I mean even dumpy city areas are horrendously expensive!)

I really do miss it! The only thing that was a bit costly was utilities but it balances out with lower rent. Oh and homes are gorgeous!! and much cheaper, Glendale is a nice area, but I could never afford to live there!!

Just to give you an idea,

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/277-Goldstar-St-Henderson-NV-89012/118199316_zpid/

I mean I (personally) think this house is gorgeous! It would easily be $700+ in california! saddd!!!

I swear living in California sometimes makes me sad! haha but then I can't complain because we have the sun around all the time!

Syckgirlsfv
04-15-2014, 01:50 PM
hhm I know! i watch that show Flipping Vegas, and it always pisses me off how cheap the houses they sell are...and they're amazing. I want to finish my BS here, and hopefully make my way out there someday. But DH isn't sure because he is a valley boy through and through...grew up in Glendale. I am from Orange County myself - Huntington Beach. We'll see. We pay 1450 per month for our 1 bedroom, 1000 sq. ft house over by the Equestrian center - it's not a bad price for the fact that we have a laundry room in the house, a fireplace, off-street parking, and all hardwood oak floors. But we could get a mortgage for less than that out there!!!! Good think I love the area I live in, because I hated South Glendale. Too crowded.

Syckgirlsfv
04-15-2014, 01:53 PM
something is working!

164.2 this morning...whatever! I guess the no alcohol is it! But I'm taking Garcina Cambogia, too...just started it a few days ago. I guess I will keep doing what I'm doing!!! :dizzy::dizzy::dizzy:

LOVED watching the blood moon from my driveway last night...awesome!

love2b150
04-15-2014, 02:47 PM
hhm, she's in the 130's threads so she will definitely not come back to hand with us ;) I'm happy for her and I need to now get on the ball or I'll be in the 160's forever and ever.

Syckgirlsfv, nothing beats a failure but a try and we can all try ... I sure am gone try. I want to at least be 160/159 by Mother's Day :)

Missed the blood moon thanks to rain and it being late. I weighed in a 162.4 yesterday, up 2.4 from where I wanted to be but when you feed your body crap that is what you get crappy weigh-ins. Today I a at 163 even but we are going to hit the gym so I should see a better number tomorrow to kick/get my butt in gear :D

Syckgirlsfv = 155
love2b150 = 156
hhm = 159
thirti4thirty =
Mad Donnelly =

hhm6
04-16-2014, 02:03 AM
Omg wow, the 130s!!! She's doing great!

I didn't know why I was craving sugar so much today but I found out it's TOM again for me :( so not planning on the scale doing me any favors these next few days. Must make sure not to give in to sugar!!!!!

I went to target today and had a box of little debbie swiss rolls in my cart, then decided to take them out and buy a single again, but the price different was $0.50 so I took them both to the counter since I couldn't make up my mind, and then finally when it was my turn I asked the cashier take them out :( I made such unnecessary work for them!!

I also have an issue with a guy in my life and I don't know why it's wrecking havoc on my diet I feel :( WHY must everything affect my weight loss?! It's like every single problem either makes me eat more/break my diet. I wish I could be one of those people who just loses their appetite instead.

Sorry for the vent ladies, I need these next few days to just pass. :(

hhm6
04-16-2014, 02:06 AM
hhm I know! i watch that show Flipping Vegas, and it always pisses me off how cheap the houses they sell are...and they're amazing. I want to finish my BS here, and hopefully make my way out there someday. But DH isn't sure because he is a valley boy through and through...grew up in Glendale. I am from Orange County myself - Huntington Beach. We'll see. We pay 1450 per month for our 1 bedroom, 1000 sq. ft house over by the Equestrian center - it's not a bad price for the fact that we have a laundry room in the house, a fireplace, off-street parking, and all hardwood oak floors. But we could get a mortgage for less than that out there!!!! Good think I love the area I live in, because I hated South Glendale. Too crowded.

Aw yeah, that's understandable! There is no place like CA! I love Socal (I lived in SF for a couple months-HATED IT!) but Vegas was nice! I'm hoping to move back there someday too (if I can!) and yeah that's a nice deal there! I know what you mean though. I have yet to invest in any real estate but having a nice house for the price to rent an apartment has many perks! (well minus those taxes lol)

Syckgirlsfv
04-16-2014, 03:17 PM
Morning! Down .2 this morning to 164 even. still plugging along :D

love2b150
04-16-2014, 05:18 PM
hhm, sorry about the guy issues and TOM is visiting again. TOM just left me. But I am wrecking havoc on my own diet. I need to gain control again and I just can't seem to get a grip. Good job on the Little Debbie's :high:

Syckgirlsfv, we are neck and neck, I'm at 164 today also.

I need a plan. I don't know what to do to get back on plan. I did very well today then that last piece of birthday cake was sitting there, no one wanted to eat it because my daughter took most of the icing off of it so I ate it. The good news is it is all gone now. So just maybe tomorrow I can eat like I am supposed to.

Syckgirlsfv
04-16-2014, 05:43 PM
Have you thought about an appetite suppressant? Green coffee bean seems to help and so does garcinia cambogia - I find it much easier if I'm not that hungry, otherwise I'm thinking about food. I don't usually resort to them, but this is a different game now that I'm in my 40's!

love2b150
04-16-2014, 11:02 PM
Have you thought about an appetite suppressant? Green coffee bean seems to help and so does garcinia cambogia - I find it much easier if I'm not that hungry, otherwise I'm thinking about food. I don't usually resort to them, but this is a different game now that I'm in my 40's!

I have the green tea and it doesn't work for me as far as suppressing my appetite. It does give me energy though. I recently read about the gardenia cambogia. I don't want to spend the money on something else that doesn't work. I wish I had the money to go to a weight loss doctor because the adipex that they gave me worked for the first two weeks then that didn't work as well either. If I could just get back to no carbs/low carbs I can do this again. I just have to get my head back to the beginning of this year. I'm gonna start tomorrow. I am promising myself :) And I hit 48 on Monday so I'm with you there ;)

Syckgirlsfv
04-17-2014, 02:38 PM
love2b150 I've always heard that Hoodia is a great appetite suppressant, but haven't tried it. I am thinking of trying it in the future, should the other 2 things stop working :dizzy:

164.0 on the scale this morning, no change. FINE! LOL...I dropped 2 pounds in less than a week, and I know better than to expect to see a loss EVERY day, but I can't help wanting to. At least there is no gain :p

after today my weekend begins! took tomorrow off to visit my sis at my mom's - she's here from France for a few days and is flying back on Saturday, so I took the day off to go have a pre-Easter/Good Friday meal with everyone. Off to Huntington Beach in the morning! :D:D:D I love it there, because I grew up there between the ages of 1 and 20.

Today after work I'm going to the gym, though, to do shoulders, arms, and cardio. :lifter:

love2b150
04-17-2014, 03:30 PM
ha Syckgirlsfv I am still at 164 also :) I haven't tried that one either. Go you on the working out this evening :high: Have a good time :)

TOM is officially gone and today is gonna be super low calorie. So I expect to be back to the losing tomorrow. Just gotta get my head fully into the game :)

Joan
04-18-2014, 06:04 AM
So I've been good for a few weeks, rewarded with a solid 162. Sometimes the scale even teases me with a 159 wink. Oh, I want the 150s so bad. But it's here at the precipice that I usually blow it!

JenteIsving
04-18-2014, 08:39 AM
Hey ladies!

I'm still alive and still around, just crazy busy :dizzy:
But still sticking with the program. And guess what - as of today (or possibly yesterday, I even forgot to weigh in :o ) I'm down to 160.9.

So, what did I miss? Did you girls start a challenge? :carrot:

Mad Donnelly
04-18-2014, 11:21 AM
I'm doing okay (except for the wine and kahlua coffee I had last night) but I'm bummed because I am worried about fitting into my new jeans by the end of May. There is no way I lose even 5 pounds this month. I wanted to be at least close to 159 by May 1.

It's Friday, I feel awful, I haven't eaten yet, I didn't get up and go to the gym early. So today is going to be a fast and then gym later.

love2b150
04-18-2014, 01:14 PM
Happy Good Friday :hug:

LOL Joan, the lowest I've seen is 161.2 and sure enough like you ---> it's here at the precipice that I usually blow it! You are so close, you can do it. I'll bet it's super exciting to see the 150's on the scale. I can't wait :) Keep up the good work :high:

JenteIsving, good to see you :hug: :woohoo: on that scale number, sniff sniff you're gonna leave me but I am so happy for you :high: We want to be down to the mid 150's by June 9th.

If I ever make it out of the 160's this is the 150's thread I book marked :) http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/291513-getting-out-150s-all-ages-diets-welcome.html. I hope to meet you there :)

Mad Donnelly I secretly want to be 159 by May 1st also. But every time I even give it thought the numbers go back up. You're not gonna do a complete fast and then go to the gym are you?

Well I loss 1.4lbs of water weight, down to 162.6. Looks better in my eyes and makes my mind feel better :)

Syckgirlsfv
04-18-2014, 01:43 PM
Happy Good Friday! Going down to Huntington Beach today to see my Mom, and my sis who is flying back to France tomorrow.

163.8 today! I haven't seen that number since I came back from Vegas in JULY! Of course, when I left FOR Vegas I was 158. This time I'm going to get right back on track the minute we come home so that I don't just gain it all back as water and keep it on as fat later like I did then.

Everyone have a great weekend, and a blessed Easter!

hhm6
04-18-2014, 04:17 PM
Hey ladies!

TOM is slowly going away...thank goodness!

Yesterday my scale said 170...(wanted to chuck it out the window but then I remembered all the easter candy I ate :dizzy:) Anyways, so today was 169, I think water weight may slowly be going down. I leave in a week and I would love to be 165 by then!!

I guess we'll see. On another note, all easter goodies are out of my house finally!! :)

tadaponce
04-18-2014, 07:03 PM
Hello there ladies! Well, I have been MIA for the past couple of weeks. Just needed to take a BREAK! haha! Well I did well overall...just gained a couple pounds during my break which I am completely fine with. So this morning I weighed in at 168.0..hoping to drop a pound of two of water weight by Monday's "offical" weigh in day.

It's always hard jumpin back on the horse...but it's time and I think I'm ready to get back to work! :carrot:

love2b150
04-18-2014, 09:38 PM
Have fun Syckgirlsfv :) Happy Easter, blessing to you and yours also :hug:

hhm, I finished the last of my malted milk eggs last evening. Those things are my weakness, like candy corn in the fall. If it is here I'm gonna eat it :D Glad TOM is leaving and the water weight will leave also :)

tadaponce good to see you :)

I was doing really well today and then my son made biscuits. I was only gonna eat the top off one biscuit (which I did cut the thin layer off) because I like the hard tops. Then my other son dropped the top to his biscuit in a pot of baked beans and he doesn't eat beans so I ate it. No I didn't have to but too late I did so now I have to add that to my calorie/carb count :(

DLS1
04-19-2014, 07:22 AM
I'm soooooooooo excited I made it here :) FINALLY

Joan
04-19-2014, 12:43 PM
Thanks love2b150 - I'm 161.5 today. Oh lordy lordy I wanna be solidly in the 150s!

Mind you, in my youth that would've been an unspeakably fat weight in my mind. Now I DREAM of being there! :-)

love2b150
04-19-2014, 02:15 PM
DLS, :welcome: to the thread and the new decade :) glad to have you :)

LOL Joan in my youth that would have been a bad number also, but at 48 it will be a blessing :)

Weight stayed the same but I am a firm believer that sleep helps when we take the time to do it. I didn't get enough sleep and the scale just evened out, LOL. Better luck tomorrow :crossed: Today was the day for the 5K walk in memory of a student (scholar). I haven't walked a trail in forever. Oh my goodness, the hills tore my thighs up, smh. My son kept saying let's sprint. I'm thinking do you want me to have a heart attack? He's telling me breathe in through your nose and out of your mouth. I'm thinking shut up, lol. But he does lift and condition and train for football, but he's 16. My thighs were killing me by the time I got out of the shower so I took some ibuprofen. OK I'm finished. Today's gonna be a good day

Syckgirlsfv
04-19-2014, 02:39 PM
163.8 again today...I'm sitting here at a tire shop getting my tires rotated, and they ask me if I knew 3 of the lugs on one wheel were broken off! OF COURSE I DIDNT! Jerks - they are the only ones ever to do my tires! It's unsafe and now it will take a few hours to fix and I'm stuck here :'(

love2b150
04-19-2014, 05:59 PM
Syckgirlsfv, Sorry about the tire lugs and having to wait :hug:

Syckgirlsfv
04-19-2014, 07:21 PM
love2be150 thanks! it's all fixed...I swear, they showed me the lugs and they weren't even stripped, and they think they just broke off by themselves. Whatever the case, they sent my truck across the street to have 4 of them fixed, and it didn't cost me anything :D so all done! I was feeling some shaking in my steering wheel just very recently (like the last few days) when accelerating around curves and thought something was amiss - although they said it had nothing to do with it. Interesting that on my way home today the shaking is GONE. I know my truck. I take VERY good care of it. These people! I'm just glad they always rotate the tires for free and that they at least felt responsible enough to fix the lugs for me! ;)

TOM is looming...and I'm hoping that means another surge downward in a day or 2. I am finishing my business management paper right now and it's giving me a headache :headache: - downing a cup of coffee should take care of that! everyone have a great day :dizzy:

Syckgirlsfv
04-20-2014, 12:53 PM
from another forum...I don't have much time this morning :D

Happy Easter everyone! Just have a little time before church to post - up .4 today but I guess that's not bad considering I had pizza last night and TOM has decided to hang out.

Not sure what the day's food will bring but I do know we will be bbqing later today as usual. Chicken breast and the usual steaks. I'll steam broccoli and bake some shoestring fries. I will also see if DH wants to go to the gym and maybe do some machine cardio. Need to drop this little bit of water! I ate 2 miniature robin's eggs last night (the candy coated malt balls) which used to be my Easter poison, but I didn't like them much! They were too sweet. AND! I haven't had alcohol in 2 weeks!

It is BEAUTIFUL outside! going to be 79 degrees and it's already sunny and 60 at 8:48 in the a.m. What an appropriate day to celebrate the resurrection of my dear Lord and Savior! Have a BLESSED day all!!!

thirti4thirty
04-20-2014, 02:06 PM
HI y'all!

Been away for a few days, spending some time with family.

Weight loss wise, I'm disgusted in my own self. I'm destroying my efforts with all my heart (and my tongue). Every thing is being swallowed: sodas, chocolate, starchy carbs...in HUGE amounts...hungry or not.

I haven't weighed in days...let's see how I fare tomorrow! Can't wait...
Can't wait to get back on track...by hook or by crook!

love2b150
04-20-2014, 03:44 PM
Happy Resurrection Sunday ... Blessings to ALL :grouphug:

Syckgirlsfv I copy and paste my original post most times :) since I have different friends on each thread :) Enjoy your weekend :hug:

thirti4thirty, I've had a few or more joyous food days so no worries. I have decided today is gonna be my last official cheat/eat what I please day. I am gonna get it all out or uh um in :D.

I will weigh in tomorrow and whatever the scale says I am giving myself 3 weeks to get down to 155 some kind of way. I know that is a BIG number considering today I weighed in at 163 up .4 from yesterday, but no big deal. Tomorrow is a new day and I am starting fresh. With a goal in mind (not that I haven't always had one but I have really really been slacking off. So let's enjoy our day Ladies and we will start anew in the a.m.

Happy Day :hug:

thirti4thirty
04-21-2014, 05:32 AM
Weighed in at 167.7 this morning.

I want to stabilize at 163.0 by the end of the month. That makes it 4.7 lbs to lose within 10 days.

Befriending my scale again...I have to get rid of this out of my system before TOM comes and messes it all up again.

Will be updating my ticker back way...

:crossed::crossed::crossed: WISH ME LUCK, FOLKS!:crossed::crossed::crossed:

Syckgirlsfv
04-21-2014, 01:23 PM
morning ladies! :wave: paid holiday today and then it's back to work tomorrow. I slept in until 8:30 and it was FABULOUS :p

I'm up still and not sure why - it has to be a combo of TOM and the absolutely terrible food that my mother in law gave us yesterday when we stopped by with Easter flowers. No disrespect intended...she's 83, but we are talking sodium bombs all the way around! Processed ham, some cheesy pasta thing out of a box that tasted like it was supposed to be a nacho flavor or something, white bread oven rolls, canned yams (yuck), and canned corn. I had a small amount of the pasta (to be polite), 2 small slices of that ham (salt city!), a tablespoon of corn, and one of the white bread rolls...it was pretty awful. It made me feel bad for her, that she eats like that. I'm used to good, fresh, homemade meals (made my me) and so is DH. It's funny how that happens...packaged food out of boxes and cans, when you're used to homemade stuff, just seems so gross. I guess you don't notice it if that's what you eat all the time, and if she's eating like that on a regular basis, that sucks! She never was a healthy eater, though. Oh well.

beautiful day, sky is blue, sun is shining, and birds are singing! have a good one! :dizzy::dizzy::dizzy:

love2b150
04-21-2014, 03:03 PM
thirti4thirty here's to new starts :) I'm with you :)

Syckgirlsfv, enjoy your day :) It is funny how that happens :) and also when someone tells you how to cook your food when you know yours is better than and healthier than theirs :D that was my conversation yesterday with a family member :)

Weighed in at 163.8. My goal is to lose the 3.8 by the end of the month or sooner (water weight I'm sure) and then see 155 by mid May. I have pushed my time up from the June deadline because I am seeing someone that I have not seen since the beginning of January and this is my new incentive :)

Syckgirlsfv
04-21-2014, 03:13 PM
ok love2b150 you're on with the 160 by end of April! You're right where I am, and I'd like to do it, too! Ready, set....GO!!! ;)

love2b150
04-21-2014, 06:07 PM
We've got this I know we can get out of here by the end of the month. New decade here we come :high:

love2b150
04-21-2014, 10:51 PM
Fresh New Start

04/21 ~ 163.8 (+0.8)
04/22 ~ 163.0 (-0.8)
04/23 ~
04/24 ~
04/25 ~
04/26 ~
04/27 ~
04/28 ~
04/29 ~
04/30 ~ Goal 160.0

thirti4thirty
04-22-2014, 04:56 AM
Love2b: Wishing you luck with your get it right journey!

I can't really weigh in this morning because I ate as soon as I got up.

Yesterday I tried to behave, I got it...let's say...50%

Hoping to do better today even though I woke up with WICKED CRAVINGS!

That why I ate so early...to fill myself with something light/healthy.

Will be weighing in tomorrow, but then my stomach has gone down a lil bit.

GOOD DAY TO Y'ALL!

thirti4thirty
04-22-2014, 05:48 AM
So after making the previous post, I had a huge P;);)P (sorry about this) and decided it would compensate for my eating this morning. So I decided to go for a weigh in and I'm down .6!

So I'm logging in today at 167.1 and yes...Now I'm joining in you on the restart journey, love2b (Not sure though, cos I can feel TOM knocking at the door.)

I was ready to log the new weight in when I discovered that I had my weigh in wrong y'day!!! My scale shows the weight in kg and I do an online conversion to get lbs for the sake of 3fc. So I went back to update the post up there...and my ticker :(

I'VE PUT ON 5 LBS! :stars::stars::stars:

NEW RESTART

04/21 > 167.7
04/22 > 167.1
04/23 >
04/24 >
04/25 >
04/26 >
04/27 >
04/28 >
04/29 >
04/30 > Goal 163

JenteIsving
04-22-2014, 09:54 AM
Girls, Girls, Girls! They are REAL! They are out there! They are not just some legend that people tell around a campfire. The 150s. I've seen them. I've touched them. I have BEEN there!
For all of two hours :D
And then Easter happened. Or rather, my mom's infamous Easter Brunch happened that kind of sort of turned into a "Let's eat all day long" binge fest, just like it does every year. For the whole entire family, skinny and not-so-skinny-yet, not just me ;)
Thanks to my brother's two kindergarten aged little ones, though, and my other brothers' and my... um... let's call it playful minds and just being big kids in general, we played some soccer, we played some tag and we did some pointless running around in the garden. Just because of the kids, of course :D
Oh yeah, and there was a more civilized, leisurely stroll with everyone, including the grandparents. Less noisy, too :D
And yesterday... more of the same, only with fewer people.

All this is to say - at least there was some physical activity to go along with all the food ;)

Maybe that helped (along with the few low-calorie days beforehand) to minimize the expected "damage": I weighed in at 160.8 this morning.

However, it just dawned on me (fairly late, as usual) that I have some not so minor events coming up this summer - starting with a friend's birthday in late May... so maybe I should get really, like REALLY, focused already. As in, starting today.

Your journey sounds good, Rennie and thirty. I'll secretly try to follow you (since I don't seem to do all to well with "official" challenges *sigh*).

And just so you know, even if I should make it out of here before any of you - I won't leave :devil:
I'm not leaving here without you guys :hug:

love2b150
04-22-2014, 11:15 AM
Thanks thirti4thirty :) nice weigh in ... I need to have a huge p;);)p or at least a good one. I am so bloated. You've put on 5lbs but it's coming off so that's a plus :high:

Fresh New Start

04/21 ~ 163.8 (+0.8)
04/22 ~ 163.0 (-0.8)
04/23 ~
04/24 ~
04/25 ~
04/26 ~
04/27 ~
04/28 ~
04/29 ~
04/30 ~ Goal 160.0

love2b150
04-22-2014, 11:29 AM
JenteIsving I am so happy for you. :) So glad to know the 150's are real, though I am truly starting to wonder if they will ever be real for me. Seeing the 150's is my DREAM ... and every time I get close I screw up. I am hoping to keep my focus on this GET IT RIGHT journey. :crossed: And when you see that next decade you can come back to visit us and say hello and give us incentive :hug: ... but do go over dancing :carrot:

Syckgirlsfv
04-22-2014, 12:56 PM
back down to 163.8 this morning...before bathroom time (TMI, I know) so really it's less but I'm not going to start going around doing all this weird calculating - I'll stick to what the scale says in the morning!

4/21 - 165.4
4/22 - 163.8
4/23 -
4/24
4/25
4/26
4/27
4/28
4/29
4/30 - GOAL of 160

see how evil that crazy boxed and canned food was?!?! 165.4 yesterday!!! ACK! Glad to be back down :D

love2b150
04-22-2014, 01:39 PM
Syckgirlsfv, Nice whoosh, way to go :high: I'd love to have a nice whoosh :)

hhm6
04-22-2014, 04:05 PM
Hi ladies!!!

Been so busy packing but logged it at 166 this morning!! I would love to see 160 by the end of this month, but it seems highly unlikely since I'm going to be traveling soon!

I need to get to the 162-163 region, I'm still fairly close to the 170s!!! gahh

love2b150
04-22-2014, 04:48 PM
hhm, you are closer to the middle and going in the right direction :) I forget ... are you gonna be checking in while you're traveling?

tadaponce
04-22-2014, 04:58 PM
Ok, I have to confess...I actually kicked the scale this morning. LMAO!!

Ooooo geez, but seriously...yesterday I weighed in at 166.0 and had a good eating day (stayed within my calories) and today's weight was 167.6!!! GRRRR!! Ok, so I am blaming it all on soy sauce that I had in my mixed veggies and chicken I had at lunch....and all the salt I put in my sauteed zucchini lastnight cuz how in the world would I have gained almost 2lb otherwise.

Sooooo I was really proud because I came in to work today, in a really crappy mood and totally ticked off....and what do you know, someone brought in a dozen fresh glazed doughnuts. Instead of saying screw it and eating one (or three?) I resisted the urge and had my banana and yogurt for breakfast instead. haha! Go me!

love2b150
04-22-2014, 05:56 PM
tadaponce, that is a definite GO :high: I'm really bloated today also. I took a look at MFP and everything was full of sodium so water water water for me :)

thirti4thirty
04-23-2014, 09:49 AM
A quick one to say I had a 0.6 loss today too!
Was craving rice, but the loss has motivated me to do well today. I'm bloated too cos TOM's knocking at the door but well...

NEW RESTART

04/21 > 167.7
04/22 > 167.1
04/23 > 166.6
04/24 >
04/25 >
04/26 >
04/27 >
04/28 >
04/29 >
04/30 > Goal 163

Mad Donnelly
04-23-2014, 10:17 AM
Mad Donnelly I secretly want to be 159 by May 1st also. But every time I even give it thought the numbers go back up. You're not gonna do a complete fast and then go to the gym are you?
I am just seeing this. I can't remember what I did Friday, but I would have broken the fast before I went.

I have been hovering at 166-170 for far too long. I always tell other people it takes as long as it takes; but when it's you, you get darn tired of seeing the same or bigger numbers. Anyway, today I saw 166 again. My little "stall" or body reset of whatever it is is over. I can feel it. So 7 days and if I'm 164 by then and comfortably into my new jeans, I'll be thrilled.

Syckgirlsfv
04-23-2014, 12:27 PM
down another .2. SLOW going...for now. TOM is just about over so I think I should be able to move on down the scale! We'll see.

4/21 - 165.4
4/22 - 163.8
4/23 - 163.6
4/24
4/25
4/26
4/27
4/28
4/29
4/30 - GOAL of 160

love2b150
04-23-2014, 01:50 PM
thirti4thirty good job on the .6 down :high:, sorry about the bloat :hug: And good for you on saying no to the rice :high:

Mad Donnelly, LOL I can't remember what I've done on pass days either if I don't answer right away (drives my husband nuts, cause if I'm gonna tell hime something and he doesn't answer the phone I forget by the time he calls me back, LOL) ;) but glad you would have broken the fast :) Good job on the weigh in today :high: ... :crossed: that you get into those jeans by the end of the month :) Yay for the reset :)

Syckgirlsfv, when I was seeing the periodic whooshes it would always be slow going afterwards ... good job on the .2 :high:

Fresh New Start

04/21 ~ 163.8 (+0.8)
04/22 ~ 163.0 (-0.8)
04/23 ~ 162.0 (-1.0)
04/24 ~
04/25 ~
04/26 ~
04/27 ~
04/28 ~
04/29 ~
04/30 ~ Goal 160.0

Syckgirlsfv
04-23-2014, 02:52 PM
I feel thinner lately, anyway! My jeans fit better. AND I successfully avoided the 2 big boxes of donuts our Exec. Director brought in this morning to celebrate not only a co-worker's bday, but the end of Passover! Didn't even want them...sugar bombs. YUCK. :D

love2b150
04-23-2014, 03:16 PM
Syckgirlsfv, way to go :high: we are gonna make our goals :carrot: I love the thinner feeling :) YAY on the doughnuts, you are the second person I have heard say that this week. You all are good. I probably would have had one ;)

Syckgirlsfv
04-24-2014, 01:24 PM
morning all! getting ready to go to a staff appreciation breakfast - I hope it's not too salty or I'll have a water gain. I'm exactly the same as yesterday on the scale, no change - probably because we stopped at Baskin Robbins on our walk last night and I had a junior scoop of Nutty Coconut. WORTH IT! LOL.

Lunch - deli turkey/lite swiss/baby spinach in low carb wrap. I post breakfast after. It's almost Friday!

4/21 - 165.4
4/22 - 163.8
4/23 - 163.6
4/24 - 163.6
4/25
4/26
4/27
4/28
4/29
4/30 - GOAL of 160

Syckgirlsfv
04-25-2014, 12:40 PM
up .6...argh! damn that sodium bloat. :mad:

it's fine, it'll go away. here's the damage:

4/21 - 165.4
4/22 - 163.8
4/23 - 163.6
4/24 - 163.6
4/25 - 164.2
4/26
4/27
4/28
4/29
4/30 - GOAL of 160

thirti4thirty
04-25-2014, 04:42 PM
Hi y'all gals
I've just had what is probably the most hectic week I've had this year...
So tired, down, bloated and with TOM...
Haven't updated in 3 days. Normal...
Been leaving home super early, way before my daily weighing time so can't log the weights I've been getting.
So tired
Have stayed on track though...Going strong...:tired::tired::tired::tired::tired::tired ::tired::tired::tired::tired::tired:

love2b150
04-26-2014, 12:34 AM
Syckgirlsfv, enjoy your treats, I sure am :) You're right it's water it will go away :)

thirti4thirty, I hope you are able to relax and get some rest this weekend :hug:

I am craving salty and spicy :( and this evening I want something sweet. At first I couldn't find anything then I discovered a box of yellow cake mix. I made a third of it with an egg, coconut oil and 60% cocoa. I have no idea what it is going to taste like and though it's late I do plan to have a piece.

Fresh New Start

04/21 ~ 163.8 (+0.8)
04/22 ~ 163.0 (-0.8)
04/23 ~ 162.0 (-1.0)
04/24 ~ 162.6 (+0.6)
04/25 ~ 162.8 (+0.2)
04/26 ~
04/27 ~
04/28 ~
04/29 ~
04/30 ~ Goal 160.0

thirti4thirty
04-26-2014, 05:24 AM
I Woke up this morning feeling much better. I'm more optimistic and I really think I can make my goal for this month.

NEW RESTART

04/21 > 167.7
04/22 > 167.1
04/23 >
04/24 >
04/25 >
04/26 >165.7
04/27 >
04/28 >
04/29 >
04/30 > Goal 163

love2b150
04-26-2014, 10:47 AM
thirti4thirty, that's great :) and a great weigh in also :high:

Hoping to pull myself totally in and make this a good day. The scale has been climbing. I checked my stats and I was 163.2 at the beginning of the month so I must be below that at the end. That will be my motivation. I can't totally mess up my birthday month by not being good :D

Fresh New Start

04/21 ~ 163.8 (+0.8)
04/22 ~ 163.0 (-0.8)
04/23 ~ 162.0 (-1.0)
04/24 ~ 162.6 (+0.6)
04/25 ~ 162.8 (+0.2)
04/26 ~ 163.6 (+0.8)
04/27 ~
04/28 ~
04/29 ~
04/30 ~ Goal 160.0

Syckgirlsfv
04-26-2014, 12:40 PM
Morning! down almost a pound this morning...of course I was up .6 yesterday but it still equals a loss :p

I made sauerkraut in my pressure cooker last night with boneless beef ribs and served it over some mashed potatoes I mashed myself. SO GOOD. I was a little concerned for sodium, but since sauerkraut is pickled it didn't affect me. I didn't check the label.

4/21 - 165.4
4/22 - 163.8
4/23 - 163.6
4/24 - 163.6
4/25 - 164.2
4/26 - 163.4
4/27
4/28
4/29
4/30 - GOAL of 160

Mad Donnelly
04-26-2014, 08:45 PM
Wooshing this week. Now, that's only 3 pounds total for the month. I'd be thrilled for a whoosh next week of 2 pounds. Then I'd just need another woosh of 3 to get out of the 160s and 7 more for the month. I dunno how I'mma do that, but I am determined to make next month better than this month's so far 3 pounds.

love2b150
04-27-2014, 12:40 AM
Syckgirlsfv good job on the pound :high:

Mad Donnelly yay for whooshes :high: you never know ... the body is full of surprises :)

I am gonna have a huge gain tomorrow. I ate everything today but the kitchen sink :( tomorrow will be a better day ... I am promising myself.

thirti4thirty
04-27-2014, 05:49 AM
Syckgirlsfv I ate everything today but the kitchen sink :(

LOL! But hey...sometimes there are surprises. There were a few times I binged only to have a loss the following day...Go figure why! Anyway, you'll lose it fast again. Sending loads of :dust: your way for today.

Slowly getting towards my goal for the month. Keeping firmly my eyes on it. Weekend of REST.

NEW RESTART

04/21 > 167.7
04/22 > 167.1
04/23 >
04/24 >
04/25 >
04/26 > 165.7
04/27 > 165.1
04/28 >
04/29 >
04/30 > Goal 163

Syckgirlsfv
04-27-2014, 01:20 PM
morning! down .4 to a "new" low (since I came back from Vegas last July!)

]4/21 - 165.4
4/22 - 163.8
4/23 - 163.6
4/24 - 163.6
4/25 - 164.2
4/26 - 163.4
4/27 - 163.0
4/28
4/29
4/30 - GOAL of 160

I didn't do any exercise yesterday, either. DH simply did not want to, he wanted to take a day off. Which is good, as you are supposed to do that. I went in to L.A. last night to meet my classmates from accounting to work on our homework and start working on the framework for our group project. We went to the Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf - one I've never been to. I liked it because it has a big outdoor patio with free wifi and LOTS of parking. Parking is a huge plus in L.A.!!! It's only 6 miles from my house so that was also better than going to campus, which is 12.5 miles one way. Campus is only open until 2 on Saturdays anyway.

3 days until the month is over! I may not hit 160 but I'm gonna try like **** :D If not, I hope to be at least another pound closer. I'll reset my goal on May 1st in any case. I will not stop trying!

Mad Donnelly
04-27-2014, 02:17 PM
So I am determined to lose 2 more this week.

And then on to a whopping 10 for May. I dunno how. I'm just going to make my body do it at least for just this month. Then if it wants to slow back down to a pound a week, fine. But in May, I'm seeing the 150s.

love2b150
04-27-2014, 02:35 PM
Thanks thirti4thirty for the :dust:, I would have been shocked :) ... I need a bathroom visit for sure. The prune juice isn't working this go around :?:

Syckgirlsfv, nice weigh in and congrats on your new low :high: Feels good :carrot: 3days until the month is over! I may not hit 160 ... If not, I hope to be at least another pound closer. I will not stop trying! <--- I am with you ... WE WILL NOT BE DEFEATED :)

Mad Donnelly, I am with you also --->... in May, I'm seeing the 150s ... WE WILL DO THIS

... and it looks like we are all determined to do it together ... I love it :hug:

I've had a gain everyday since the 24th. I am up 2.6lbs total but I am gonna do the 5:2 diet today and see if I can get the scale to move down. :) Hope it works so I can see a loss by the end of April :crossed:

Fresh New Start

04/21 ~ 163.8 (+0.8)
04/22 ~ 163.0 (-0.8)
04/23 ~ 162.0 (-1.0)
04/24 ~ 162.6 (+0.6)
04/25 ~ 162.8 (+0.2)
04/26 ~ 163.6 (+0.8)
04/27 ~ 164.6 (+1.0)
04/28 ~
04/29 ~
04/30 ~ Goal 160.0

Syckgirlsfv
04-27-2014, 06:30 PM
love2b what is the 5:2 diet? sounds interesting, maybe I'll google it!

love2b150
04-27-2014, 10:04 PM
Syckgirlsfv, it's when you eat your regular calories for 5 days and for 2 alternate days you eat 500 calories. The recipes are pretty good, and Jacqueline Whitehart is the author of the book. I need to read up on it also. I don't know how I came up on it but since I have pigged out this past week I figure eating low cal/carb today would help. Hope it does :) I also went to the gym finally so that should help also :)

thirti4thirty
04-28-2014, 05:54 AM
So, I had a wonderful day y'day until evening. I ate grilled pork and kilos of peanuts. No wonder I woke up this morning with a +.4 I was just dyiiiiiiiiiing to have that grilled pork. I was keeping so much focus on that 163 and I thought I was going to be stronger than my craving! But once again FOOD WON :(.
I have loads of cleaning and a long journey to do today. Let's hope I'll be able to burn some of it and stay on track.

NEW RESTART

04/21 > 167.7
04/22 > 167.1
04/23 >
04/24 >
04/25 >
04/26 > 165.7
04/27 > 165.1
04/28 > 165.5:(:(:(
04/29 >
04/30 > Goal 163

thirti4thirty
04-28-2014, 07:37 AM
Another week starting. STRESSED BEYOND MEASURE. I've started the day eating anyhow to respond to stress and impromptu problems assailing me left, right, up and down. God, please give me the strength to go through this day.
Sometimes I feel like I NEED TO MOVE TO ANOTHER PLANET ALTOGETHER TO BE ABLE TO LOSE WEIGHT! UGH!!!!!!

love2b150
04-28-2014, 09:24 AM
thirti4thirty, food wins with me most of the time also. :hug: but keep smiling and know that it's water :)

My eating plan and treadmill time yesterday worked.

Fresh New Start

04/21 ~ 163.8 (+0.8)
04/22 ~ 163.0 (-0.8)
04/23 ~ 162.0 (-1.0)
04/24 ~ 162.6 (+0.6)
04/25 ~ 162.8 (+0.2)
04/26 ~ 163.6 (+0.8)
04/27 ~ 164.6 (+1.0)
04/28 ~ 162.0 (-2.6)
04/29 ~
04/30 ~ Goal 160.0

thirti4thirty
04-28-2014, 10:38 AM
WOW love2b! How I wish I were you right now! LOL
After eating like a pig the first half of the day, I'm drinking loads of water now. Let's see if that works for tomorow, the last but one day to the end of the restart challenge!

love2b150
04-28-2014, 10:45 AM
thirti4thirty, give that 5:2 diet a shot tomorrow. It definitely worked. I talked to a lady that does a fast each week and she doesn't recommend I do it again today but it did work. I ate 539 calories, 33 carbs and 60 protein. Today I will eat my norm of 1338 and hopefully my body will cooperate on the 30th.

Syckgirlsfv
04-28-2014, 12:35 PM
up .4...no real reason for it. Just hormones I guess. No reason to panic ;) I did walk 5 miles yesterday with the DH, so even though I burned around 450+ calories the water might be in my muscles a little. I'll live. :D
4/21 - 165.4
4/22 - 163.8
4/23 - 163.6
4/24 - 163.6
4/25 - 164.2
4/26 - 163.4
4/27 - 163.0
4/28 - 163.4
4/29
4/30 - GOAL of 160

love2b150
04-28-2014, 01:31 PM
Syckgirlsfv I love your attitude :)

thirti4thirty
04-28-2014, 03:45 PM
thirti4thirty, give that 5:2 diet a shot tomorrow. It definitely worked. I talked to a lady that does a fast each week and she doesn't recommend I do it again today but it did work. I ate 539 calories, 33 carbs and 60 protein. Today I will eat my norm of 1338 and hopefully my body will cooperate on the 30th.

I'll try that.:dizzy:

love2b150
04-28-2014, 04:22 PM
thirti4thirty let me know how it works for you. I can't find all of the particulars on it but it did get the ball rolling again for me. Let's hope I can keep it going. I tend to start something and then give up :( I hope the boys want to go to the gym tonight. I will be able to do a little more hopefully by Wednesday :)

thirti4thirty
04-29-2014, 05:50 AM
Love2b check your inbox:)

A quick one to say that the scale has agreed to go down a lil bit. Better than nothing...I'm gonna trynna lose the rest today. Wish me LUCK!

hhm6 where are you?

NEW RESTART

04/21 > 167.7
04/22 > 167.1
04/23 >
04/24 >
04/25 >
04/26 > 165.7
04/27 > 165.1
04/28 > 165.5:(:(:(
04/29 > 164.9
04/30 > Goal 163

love2b150
04-29-2014, 07:50 AM
thirti4thirty, I did :) You have 1.9 to go to make it to your 4/30 goal and I have 1.6 to make my 4/30 goal. CAN we DO IT? YES we CAN! We have to be totally OP today and have to think about how happy our hearts, minds and bodies will feeling in the morning :hug: I believe hhm is traveling, she may not have access to the internet ... can't wait till she returns :)

We went to the gym. I only did 34 minutes instead of my normal 61-65 but it still helped. :) I am down .4 to 161.6 and I am excited. Now what will be even more exciting is if that scale says 160 in the morning, it will be my present for the end of the month :crossed:

Fresh New Start

04/21 ~ 163.8 (+0.8)
04/22 ~ 163.0 (-0.8)
04/23 ~ 162.0 (-1.0)
04/24 ~ 162.6 (+0.6)
04/25 ~ 162.8 (+0.2)
04/26 ~ 163.6 (+0.8)
04/27 ~ 164.6 (+1.0)
04/28 ~ 162.0 (-2.6)
04/29 ~ 161.6 (-0.4)
04/30 ~ Goal 160.0

Syckgirlsfv
04-29-2014, 11:52 AM
well, seeing as it's the 29th and I'm mid-cycle (I always carry extra water when I'm fertile / ovulating) this ain't gonna happen. I really don't care, though...this happens every month and I'm not eating too much, or too much of anything. So I know it's hormones and will just have to wait it out. Should only be a couple days. I'm up a little again today, and again with no reason. So it's cool...I still have 6 1/2 weeks to Vegas, and though it doesn't seem likely I'll make 150, I will still try like **** and aim for it! 155 would still be lovely :D I'm 5'8 and look pretty slim at 155 because I have a lot of muscle.

4/21 - 165.4
4/22 - 163.8
4/23 - 163.6
4/24 - 163.6
4/25 - 164.2
4/26 - 163.4
4/27 - 163.0
4/28 - 163.4
4/29 - 163.8
4/30 -

love2b150
04-29-2014, 02:34 PM
Syckgirlsfv YOU/we will will make it to the 150's by Vegas, I'm sure of it. :) I was 162.6 on 3/30 it took me a month to get to 161.6 and with the way the body works that may not stick but I still of course like seeing it. :) As your signature says ... I'm sure you look pretty great now :D

Syckgirlsfv
04-29-2014, 05:00 PM
love2b150 - that's right, we'll get there! I'm fairly certain I'm already back down (TMI but I was a little constipated the last 2 days and since I got to work this morning the issue has resolved itself. I now know where the extra ounces were)

I looked at MFP and over the last 2 months have only lost 2 1/2 pounds :chin:
When I got married, I had lost 17 pounds doing SBD. I was weighing in at 148 and then the day we went to Vegas (yes, married there :D) I was 155 that morning due to alcohol consumption. I even saw 145 for a couple days like a month before. I guess because when I drink, I DRINK :rofl: That's why I decided to stop for a while, and even though I've only lost 2 pounds it's only been a few weeks so I assume it will get better. But in my 30s (35 when we got married) a 2 month time period would be like, 10 - 15 pounds lost. ARGH! LOL, we women are just SO lucky that not only do we gain weight more easily as we age, but we are hungrier in general! :drool:

love2b150
04-29-2014, 11:13 PM
Syckgirlsfv LOL, well good for you on getting relief. :) I wish I could say that. I have major issues in that area. I was a pregnant cow when we got married :) went to the JOP in a moo moo and some shorts :) I was 32. Ha at least you thought about losing weight I didn't think about it until 4 years ago :D

thirti4thirty
04-30-2014, 06:09 AM
Big disappointment this morning as I'm forced to realize that I'm going to end the month 2 lbs away from my goal weight for the month but HEY! I'm coming from far!!!

One big victory is that I this month I fell, binged beyond reason and then I WAS ABLE TO GO BACK TO HEALTHY HABITS. Which for me is much more significant than the number of the scale.

I'd have loved to make it to goal weight for the month though. This is the first time I'm not making it.

Yet yesterday I walked and walked...and I'm gonna do the same today too!

I know it might be due to a water retention something and also because of tommy TOM.

Let's see how all this goes tomorrow morning for the final weigh in.

love2b150
04-30-2014, 06:57 AM
thirti4thirty, :yay: on pulling yourself back in that's great :) Love your attitude :high:

Fresh New Start

04/21 ~ 163.8 (+0.8)
04/22 ~ 163.0 (-0.8)
04/23 ~ 162.0 (-1.0)
04/24 ~ 162.6 (+0.6)
04/25 ~ 162.8 (+0.2)
04/26 ~ 163.6 (+0.8)
04/27 ~ 164.6 (+1.0)
04/28 ~ 162.0 (-2.6)
04/29 ~ 161.6 (-0.4)
04/30 ~ 160.8 (-0.8)

Goal 160.0 only .8 from goal maybe tomorrow :crossed:

thirti4thirty
04-30-2014, 10:13 AM
Love2b: go, go, go gurl!!! .8 you can do it and you will do it. Here's some cheering just for you!
:cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer2::cheer2::cheer3::chee r3::cheer::cheer::cheer:

love2b150
04-30-2014, 10:17 AM
Thanks thirti4thity :hug:

I checked my stats from January 1, 2013 till now ...

In 2013 I loss 19.4lbs

So far this year I have loss 18.2lbs ... this is very encouraging. If I can lose 2lbs a month for the next 8 months I will weigh 144.8lbs by December 31st ... now tell me that's not exciting :)

thirti4thirty
04-30-2014, 10:19 AM
Love2b:

:cheer::cheer::cheer:

go, go, go gurl!!! .8 you can do it and you will do it. Here's some cheering just for you!

lucindaarrowspark
04-30-2014, 10:28 AM
thirty4thirty, you and I have similar stats. I only started recording my weights after losing an initial 15 pounds.
I hit rock bottom when I was uncharacteristically mean and snotty to a woman I knew back when she and I had infants. I projected my self loathing onto her, just b/c she managed to stay slim. After the party,(New Years), I looked at my bloated unrecognizable self in the mirror and knew I needed to clean up my inner life, rid myself of my food addictions and own my self defeating behaviors.

Syckgirlsfv
04-30-2014, 12:33 PM
morning! I did not hit goal, but I knew that 10 days wasn't enough to get me to 160. I'd have to starve and I don't like starving!

4/21 - 165.4
4/22 - 163.8
4/23 - 163.6
4/24 - 163.6
4/25 - 164.2
4/26 - 163.4
4/27 - 163.0
4/28 - 163.4
4/29 - 163.8
4/30 - 163.0

But, I DID lose 2.4 pounds in 10 days! :D

It's good to remember, also, that in July of last year I got down to 158, went to Vegas, and came back 167. Didn't address that situation and went up to 172. Then, December last year, lost 7 pounds and was 165 when I went to Vegas on December 16th and came back at 172! :cry: So since then, I've lost almost 10 pounds. Not ideal, but also just doing my usual try one week and then blow it on alcohol. I didn't really start getting serious about it again until, you guessed it, 10 days ago! I haven't had a drink of booze, beer, wine, etc...in over 3 weeks. And if I have to I'll go low carb again and do SBD because when I am super fed up and can't take it any more that is what works. So today I'll be thankful for 163 and start a new goal :dizzy:

START:

4/30/14 - 163
5/1/14 -
5/2/14 -
5/3/14 -
5/4/14 -
5/5/14 -
5/6/14 -
5/7/14 -
5/8/14 -
5/9/14 -
5/10/14 -
5/11/14 -
5/12/14 -
5/13/14 - GOAL of 158

thirti4thirty
04-30-2014, 12:49 PM
thirty4thirty, you and I have similar stats. I only started recording my weights after losing an initial 15 pounds.
I hit rock bottom when I was uncharacteristically mean and snotty to a woman I knew back when she and I had infants. I projected my self loathing onto her, just b/c she managed to stay slim. After the party,(New Years), I looked at my bloated unrecognizable self in the mirror and knew I needed to clean up my inner life, rid myself of my food addictions and own my self defeating behaviors.

That's an interesting story, lucinda. You have come a long long way!
Happy to find a "body twin minus 30 lbs" on the 160's forum!!!
Have you been able to maintain ( I can see you are below your ultimate goal)?

love2b: sorry for double posting lol even though too much cheering is only good hehe

Syckgirlsfv: I'll join you on this new start. But I'll begin tomorrow.

5/1/14 -
5/2/14 -
5/3/14 -
5/4/14 -
5/5/14 -
5/6/14 -
5/7/14 -
5/8/14 -
5/9/14 -
5/10/14 -
5/11/14 -
5/12/14 -
5/13/14 - 160

love2b150
04-30-2014, 01:23 PM
Thanks again thirti4thirty :hug: Don't be sorry I appreciate your cheering me on. I know we will all see the 150's in May. I don't want to be on that thread alone :(

Syckgirlsfv, you did great those 10 days :high: And :congrat: on 3 weeks with out any spirits. I did that in 2004 and never looked back. Red wine was my drink of choice or an occasional gin and tonic :). Thanks for starting the new goal :)

I think we've all done great. We are still here. We didn't get upset and leave. :) Which is what I've done in the past.

I'm in also :), I'm gonna shoot for 2.8lbs. I have a cook out to attend with some former co-workers on the 10th so that will be incentive. I can't wait to see their faces. I always talked about losing weight when we worked together but I fell off the wagon more than I stayed on.

START:

04/30 - 160.8
05/01 -
05/02 -
05/03 -
05/04 -
05/05 -
05/06 -
05/07 -
05/08 -
05/09 -
05/10 -
05/11 -
05/12 -
05/13 - GOAL 156

hamlette
04-30-2014, 02:12 PM
Hello everyone. . 170.2 today. Hoping to join you all in a few days :D

love2b150
04-30-2014, 02:20 PM
Hi hamlette good to see you :)

hiddenstar
04-30-2014, 04:30 PM
Love2b150, syckgirlsfv, and thirti4thirty - I have been your secret stalker for the last few weeks. Been secretly cheering you on and hoping for your success in reaching the 150's. I found it both encouraging to see others struggle like me plus I know that I can make it if you 3 can.

So I hope that I can join you for May and get out of the 160s forever. About 1.5 years ago, I started my life change. I dropped 30 pounds in about 3 months, very easily. Then got stuck at 163. After a few months of no change, I got depressed and started eating a lot. Went back up to 170.

This February, I got my head together and fixed my lifestyle. I started the stronglifts lifting program. I will have completed week 12 on Friday. I like how I got stronger but the weight didn't move very much. I am now going to reduce some of the lifting and get back to focusing on more cardio. I am currently 164 and am 44 years old.

I have a family reunion in July which is one of my incentives cuz I know lots of pictures will be taken. But I feel that I have started making permanent changes. However the last 6 weeks, I have been bouncing between 164 and 169. It's like my body wants to stay in the 160s.

love2b150
04-30-2014, 04:44 PM
hiddenstar :welcome: to the thread :) We have a bit in common. I loss 30lbs in 3.5 months in 2010, my low was 165. I got comfortable and the weight came back. This January I got myself together with the help of my church and here I am. I'm 48 and it seems to me that the 160's are just like the 180's they just love me :) but we will get out of here :)

Glad to have you. Are you gonna join our 5/13 fun goal?

Syckgirlsfv
04-30-2014, 05:25 PM
:welcome3:

always nice to see new people! It sure helps to have people with common goals to talk to :D Here's to all of us getting to switch over to the 150's thread! Come on 150's!:devil:

I think 2 weeks is realistic for a 5 pound loss - maybe a little on the high side but hey, it won't happen if we don't try. My eating has been pretty clean lately - I had some chicken street tacos (frozen from Costco) the other night before school and I didn't like them! I'm sure because I am eating about 98% non-junk now and no alcohol. I say 98% because I still have a daily one-piece-of-candy habit. As in one small piece; lately it's been a Reese's peanut butter egg. But they're almost gone! :D

Just had a big kale salad with organic chicken breast - yum! it's become my fav lunch.

Mad Donnelly
05-01-2014, 01:42 AM
Okay, 1 more down for a weeklong whoosh of 3. Total loss for the month: 4

I'll take it but May has got to improve.

I'm going into the 150s in May!

HungryInNewZealand
05-01-2014, 03:12 AM
Hope to join the club soon. Will keep an eye on this thread

hamlette
05-01-2014, 06:57 AM
Ok!!! I saw 169.6sooner than I thought I would!!!! And keeping my weight loss history in mind I'm confident that this will stick Sooooo Id like to say hello to everyone here!! Hopefully, we'll be able to say good bye to the 160's soon enough. Oh and Ive reached my 70 lbs lost target as well!!! Can't wait for my next mini goal reward which is getting my hair coloured when I reach 160 lbs :D

love2b150
05-01-2014, 11:04 AM
Syckgirlsfv, 5lbs is doable :) I am afraid to get my hopes up and the scale goes back up deep into the 160's so I'm a :chicken: and I am aiming low :) I'm gonna make tacos soon :) You're good, I'm gonna call your one Reece's an NSV because I CAN NOT eat just one. I buy the king pack I eat the king pack. I buy a bag of mini's and eat them until I'm a tad nauseous ;) no control with them or kitkats :)

Mad Donnelly that's great ... a pound per week, way to go :high:

HungryInNewZealand we'll be glad to have you :)

:woohoo: hamlette way to go :high:

START:

04/30 - 160.8
05/01 - 159.8 hope I can keep this going :crossed:
05/02 -
05/03 -
05/04 -
05/05 -
05/06 -
05/07 -
05/08 -
05/09 -
05/10 -
05/11 -
05/12 -
05/13 - GOAL 156

Syckgirlsfv
05-01-2014, 12:28 PM
way to go love2b150! I am down .6 today, which is a new low since July of last year :dizzy:

4/30/14 - 163
5/1/14 - 162.4
5/2/14 -
5/3/14 -
5/4/14 -
5/5/14 -
5/6/14 -
5/7/14 -
5/8/14 -
5/9/14 -
5/10/14 -
5/11/14 -
5/12/14 -
5/13/14 - GOAL of 158

love2b150
05-01-2014, 01:20 PM
Thanks Syckgirlsfv :) Great job on the .6 ... 150's here we come. (I'm not there yet because I always screw up after a low) I'm not gonna leave you all ... my plan is to take all of you with me into the next decade :hug: Some of us have been here long enough. I have been here since January. :dizzy:

JenteIsving are you on travel also, missing you and hhm :hug:

Hope I can change my ticker for the better on Monday :crossed:

hiddenstar
05-01-2014, 01:33 PM
Ok, i'm joining in for the challenge. I'm so happy that I'm starting at 164. It's so much up and down. At least this is my lowest so far.

I also have another goal. Went to store today to use up gift card. Really didn't need anything, plus hate to buy new clothes that won't (hopefully) fit me much longer. So I bought a pair of jeans 1-size too small. The good news was I was able to zip them up but they are very tight. I never did something like this. My goal is to fit comfortably in them by end of may.

Syckgirlsfv - congrats on your new low. :cp:

Love2b150 - awesome news about hitting 159. Just breaking past 160 is huge. :carrot:

START:

05/01 - 164
05/02 -
05/03 -
05/04 -
05/05 -
05/06 -
05/07 -
05/08 -
05/09 -
05/10 - danger day family graduation party
05/11 -
05/12 -
05/13 - 159

love2b150
05-01-2014, 05:20 PM
Thanks hiddenstar :), I think doing it together makes it fun :) Congratulations on the low :high: exciting :carrot: I want to buy a pair of jeans the next size down also. And just try them on each week until they fit :) ha I have a brunch at church on the morning of the 10th and a cookout that afternoon/evening that will have excellent down home cooking all the way to the pound cake. I may fast the day before :) We can do it :)

Ok Syckgirlsfv, I changed by goal to 156, I hope I'm not crying at the end because I gone the wrong way :D

Syckgirlsfv
05-01-2014, 07:37 PM
I have a pair of jeans in a size 8 that I would love to wear! I've been a size 10 forever...gains, losses, all in a size 10 - they just fit differently in the 150's. But I do want to be a solid size 8 so I will just keep on keepin' on. We all will! :p

Going out to dinner tomorrow night with the pastor's wife and some other church ladies - we are going to see the movie God is NOT Dead at 8:00 pm. We may very likely eat at the Cheesecake Factory like we did last time we went to a movie so I pray Dear Lord please keep me in check and don't let me eat too terribly :D

love2b150
05-02-2014, 09:30 AM
Syckgirlsfv, you'll fit comfortably in those 8's in no time. :) I so want buy a pair just to look at because I sure can't fit them now :D My Pastor said that's a very good movie. I'm hoping we get see it next week. Cheeseacke Factory, yum :)

04/30 - 160.8
05/01 - 159.8 (-1.0)
05/02 - 159.6 (-0.2)
05/03 -
05/04 -
05/05 -
05/06 -
05/07 -
05/08 -
05/09 -
05/10 -
05/11 -
05/12 -
05/13 - GOAL 156

hiddenstar
05-02-2014, 04:31 PM
Lol. My pair of jeans are a size 8 also. It would be fun to reach that together. I plan to try them on every Saturday.

Cheesecake factory sounds dangerous and so yummy. There portions are so large. Have you gone to their website and checked calories on different meals. I found that helps me.

Yay I had another drop. I sure hope this continues cuz I lost nothing in April.

Today, I went to gym. Did some weights then did the elliptical for 45 mins. Came home ate lunch and mowed the yard. Hopefully, that was enough exercise to keep the body losing.

START:

05/01 - 164
05/02 - 163.8
05/03 -
05/04 -
05/05 -
05/06 -
05/07 -
05/08 -
05/09 -
05/11 -
05/12 -
05/13 - 159

Syckgirlsfv
05-02-2014, 05:00 PM
Love2b YAY again for you! good job on more loss!
hiddenstar wow but you are 2 inches taller than me...you will look positively SKINNY in those 8's! :D

The danger for me at Cheesecake Factory is never food...I eat off of the skinnylicious menu always. Everything is under 600 calories. The danger is the CHEESECAKE:dizzy::dizzy::dizzy: S'mores is my fav, along with banana cream and peanut butter chocolate. The good thing is that I get it to go and split it with DH when I get home. He thinks I'm being nice but really it's for my benefit! :devil: LOL I would still share with him anyway. :p

My lunch is a potato (baked) with cottage cheese in it. That's it. I'm preparing for later :cool:

]4/30/14 - 163
5/1/14 - 162.4
5/2/14 - 162.6 (up .2 but still in the 162 range!)
5/3/14 -
5/4/14 -
5/5/14 -
5/6/14 -
5/7/14 -
5/8/14 -
5/9/14 -
5/10/14 -
5/11/14 -
5/12/14 -
5/13/14 -[/FONT] GOAL of 158

PostWeddingsmallsize
05-02-2014, 05:36 PM
Hey all.
Posting a loss in this week which is great. Going to be getting serious about a fitness routine here shortly

hiddenstar
05-02-2014, 06:26 PM
Ahhhh!!! :hungry: Your really testing my will power. Banana cream and peanut butter choc are my favs. Your lucky to be able to share with dh. My dh is diabetic with very little willpower. So whenever there is a sugary dessert. My kids and i need to eat it up fast or hide it before he finds it.

Syckgirlsfv
05-02-2014, 07:02 PM
Postweddingsmallsize - I love your avatar...I actually have and wear those exact shoes! Mine are a bit dirtier than your picture now, but I love them :D I have them in red, too ;)

love2b150
05-03-2014, 01:46 AM
hiddenstar and Syckgirlsfv, I'll let you know when I purchase a pair. I'm probably going to the thrift store to get them.

their portions are big. The last time I went I shared with my daughter and her husband and the food in the one we went to wasn't that great, the seasoning was off. I don't eat cheesecake so that's not a problem and I drank 3 of glasses of water so I did well :D

hiddenstar I always counted mowing the lawn as a workout. It was surely enough cardio for me :)

Syckgirlsfv, .2 is water as you well know :) it'll be gone at the blink of an eye :)

Good to see you PostWedding :)

I walked around the mall with my children then we went to McDonald's and I had a cone. I have been bloated all day, which doesn't feel good at all. I hope the cone doesn't do me in. :crossed: I get so worried when I eat Off Plan late :(

hiddenstar
05-03-2014, 11:00 AM
So how was the movie. Is it worth seeing?

START:

05/01 - 164
05/02 - 163.8
05/03 - 163.6
05/04 -
05/05 -
05/06 -
05/07 -
05/08 -
05/09 -
05/11 -
05/12 -
05/13 - 159

love2b150
05-03-2014, 11:24 AM
hiddenstar good job on the .2 :)

Well just as I all way do I am up 2lbs ... I didn't over eat but I didn't do any real cardio IMO but mapmywalk gave my mall walking a burn so I took it. I was quite bloated yesterday and the night before and I'm still bloated. I am not sure if TOM is coming or not I never know. :shrug:

04/30 - 160.8 (-0.8)
05/01 - 159.8 (-1.0)
05/02 - 159.6 (-0.2)
05/03 - 161.6 (+2.0)
05/04 -
05/05 -
05/06 -
05/07 -
05/08 -
05/09 -
05/10 -
05/11 -
05/12 -
05/13 - GOAL 156

Syckgirlsfv
05-03-2014, 01:13 PM
The movie was beyond good, it was FABULOUS! Loved it! Go see! :)
no change in the scale today, which is actually a victory since I ate out. Didn't go to Cheesecake Factory (too crowded at 8:00 pm!) but went to a very nice Mexican restaurant called Frida - and I had a chicken tostada salad which was SO GOOD. I was sure the scale would be up and that I would be crushed - but NO :dance: So today I'll either go to the gym or do a long walk or ride, but I also have to study for my midterms and I 'should' clean the house a little...:book2:

4/30/14 - 163
5/1/14 - 162.4
5/3/14 - 162.6
5/4/14 -
5/5/14 -
5/6/14 -
5/7/14 -
5/8/14 -
5/9/14 -
5/10/14 -
5/11/14 -
5/12/14 -
5/13/14 - GOAL of 158

hiddenstar
05-04-2014, 09:24 AM
Syckgirlsfv - glad to hear movie was good and that you did well eating at Cheesecake factory.

I did not have as much luck. Dh took me to Texas roadhouse last night. I kept my eating within calories - had a 6 oz sirloin. But they probably use alot of salt. I felt dehydrated afterwards and started drinking lots of water. So even though discouraging, i'm sure it's water weight.

On the one good side, I take my measurement every few weeks. My thighs are down .5 inches.

05/01 - 164
05/02 - 163.8
05/03 - 163.6
05/04 - 165.4
05/05 -
05/06 -
05/07 -
05/08 -
05/09 -
05/11 -
05/12 -
05/13 - 159

hamlette
05-04-2014, 11:34 AM
168.8 today :D

aaaaaanddddddddddd,, A month or two ago i had a huge fight with my husband because he wld always bring me food gifts and id ruin my plan for the day. i posted this on 3FC and got really good advice on how to deal with the issue. i sat down with my husband and had a talk with him about this issue. He said he understood. And guess what people,, he just came back from a trip last night and did not bring me food related gifts, rather, HE GOT ME A FITBIT FLEX!!!!!!!! im sooooooooooooo happy and excited and cannot wait to use my new fitness band..i just set it up and will be tracking my steps and all other activities... he really understands my struggles now and supports me a lot,,, thank you all for the great advice i always get from 3 Fat Chicks!!! love you guys!!!

Syckgirlsfv
05-04-2014, 12:43 PM
hamlette please let me know how you like it and if it works...I've been thinking of getting one ;)

4/30/14 - 163
5/1/14 - 162.4
5/3/14 - 162.6
5/4/14 -162.2
5/5/14 -
5/6/14 -
5/7/14 -
5/8/14 -
5/9/14 -
5/10/14 -
5/11/14 -
5/12/14 -
5/13/14 - GOAL of 158

love2b150
05-04-2014, 07:21 PM
I thought I posted here yesterday ...

Syckgirlsfv, glad to hear everything went well on your outing :) and no change on the was a great thing also after eating out ... :high: good job on the .4 today :)

hiddenstar, I'm dealing with water weight right now also, so annoying whether we know it's gonna go away or not ;) thank goodness for measurements. I'm going to take mine when I get rid of this bloat :)

Wow hamlette that's great ... that made my day :hug: I wish my husband would get that hint. I've been saying it for almost a 1.5 years :D. I should just buy my own when I have/get the money huh :)

Had a couple of off days and only did walking in the mall both days and the app I was using wasn't tracking correctly so I went back to Nike+ ... hoping to see a nice weigh in tomorrow

04/30 - 160.8 (-0.8)
05/01 - 159.8 (-1.0)
05/02 - 159.6 (-0.2)
05/03 - 161.6 (+2.0)
05/04 - 161.8 (+0.2)
05/05 -
05/06 -
05/07 -
05/08 -
05/09 -
05/10 -
05/11 -
05/12 -
05/13 - GOAL 156

thirti4thirty
05-05-2014, 07:11 AM
Love2b150, syckgirlsfv, and thirti4thirty - I have been your secret stalker for the last few weeks. Been secretly cheering you on and hoping for your success in reaching the 150's. I found it both encouraging to see others struggle like me plus I know that I can make it if you 3 can.

So I hope that I can join you for May and get out of the 160s forever. About 1.5 years ago, I started my life change. I dropped 30 pounds in about 3 months, very easily. Then got stuck at 163. After a few months of no change, I got depressed and started eating a lot. Went back up to 170.

This February, I got my head together and fixed my lifestyle. I started the stronglifts lifting program. I will have completed week 12 on Friday. I like how I got stronger but the weight didn't move very much. I am now going to reduce some of the lifting and get back to focusing on more cardio. I am currently 164 and am 44 years old.

I have a family reunion in July which is one of my incentives cuz I know lots of pictures will be taken. But I feel that I have started making permanent changes. However the last 6 weeks, I have been bouncing between 164 and 169. It's like my body wants to stay in the 160s.

:welcome::welcome: hiddenstar! Congrats on making it here!

Wow, I haven't been here in like a a weeeeeek!

Spent the holidays with family. It was a lot of FUN and I'm back with a 2 lbs courtesy of family. I hope it's water weight though. Planning on having some good grilled fish and gallons of water today.

Love2b Your progress is A-MA-ZING!:encore::encore::encore: Keep it up and leave our board! (lol, yes, I'm kicking your butt outta here!)

Anyone heard from hhm6? Gurl, whatever that's going on come back and help me do some damage control!

Starting off with a whopping 166.8 but so proud of myself for salivating so much over grilled fish.

Paulitens
05-05-2014, 10:14 AM
I'm 174.2 today and I'm starting to look forward to join you, ladies!! It will be in about three weeks but hey, I need a goal, amirite? ;)

Syckgirlsfv
05-05-2014, 01:42 PM
ok, down another .6 this morning. I did have a couple shots yesterday, and I didn't even really enjoy them :mad: so I hope they don't play with the numbers on my scale later!

4/30/14 - 163
5/1/14 - 162.4
5/3/14 - 162.6
5/4/14 -162.2
5/5/14 - 161.6
5/6/14 -
5/7/14 -
5/8/14 -
5/9/14 -
5/10/14 -
5/11/14 -
5/12/14 -
5/13/14 - GOAL of 158

love2b150
05-05-2014, 02:38 PM
Thanks thirti4thirty :), I was trying but my body and mind aren't cooperating :rofl: I remember hhm saying she was going to do some traveling, abroad I think. Since she hasn't post-ed I'm thinking she doesn't have internet access. Good job on the fish :) ... LOL I would have eaten it ;).My son fries fish and I eat that too ;)

Paulitens good to see you :) We did that body twin thread and then I didn't know what we supposed to do afterwards :) And yes you-r-rite :D

Syckgirlsfv good job on the .6 down :)

I'm down .6. I'm a little shocked since I decided to eat crackers after 11 last night but it's all good I'm happy :) TOM is coming so I may go up before I go down again

04/30 - 160.8 (-0.8)
05/01 - 159.8 (-1.0)
05/02 - 159.6 (-0.2)
05/03 - 161.6 (+2.0)
05/04 - 161.8 (+0.2)
05/05 - 161.2 (-0.6)
05/06 -
05/07 -
05/08 -
05/09 -
05/10 -
05/11 -
05/12 -
05/13 - GOAL 156

Mad Donnelly
05-05-2014, 03:06 PM
I WANT OUTTA HERE! (no offense, ladies. hee hee)

hiddenstar
05-05-2014, 03:11 PM
Was pushing the water yesterday. Probably got good work out walking back and forth from bathroom. :D Family had pizza yesterday (my weakness) but I was prepared. I bought a lean cuisine pizza and I limited myself to that so I couldn't go over calories.

Thirti4thirty - Thanks for the welcome. Wonder were you went.

DH is having knee surgery tomorrow. I bought some healthy snacks for waiting. Will have to try extra hard to stay motivated.

05/01 - 164
05/02 - 163.8
05/03 - 163.6
05/04 - 165.4
05/05 - 165.0
05/06 -
05/07 -
05/08 -
05/09 -
05/11 -
05/12 -
05/13 - 159

love2b150
05-05-2014, 05:55 PM
Mad Donnelly, so do I, so no offense taken. I've just got to control myself in order to do it :)

Good job on the .4 down hiddenstar :) Hope your husbands surgery goes well :hug:

I once again started out well and then this afternoon blew it.

I just made the best one minute muffin ever :D

1/4 cup flaxseed meal
1/4 tsp baking powder
1 egg
1/2 tsp Coconut oil (gonna use Promise Light the next time)
1/2 tsp cherry gelatin

I sprayed the cup with bakers joy before baking. They can be cut into two to four pieces. I put cool whip on each piece and it was delicious :drool:

CrabNebula
05-06-2014, 12:35 AM
My goal was 165 for a couple of family events. I am excited to show them my weight loss in a few weeks because I haven't seen them in 3 years. I may have been even fatter than 222 then, but I didn't ever weigh myself because I was in denial/scared. I don't even know the last time they saw me under 180. Maybe when I was 12?!

I reached 165 on Saturday, but apparently I am still losing weight because I am 164 today. I seriously doubt it, but I am trying to see if I can get to 159 in three weeks. In reality, anything under 165 though is icing on the cake.

I discovered a few days ago I have almost no summer clothes. I lost around nearly 60lbs since last summer and everything is huge. I also have to go dress shopping. I am not sure of my size (14?), so should be interesting. I also just realized I will need a new swimsuit. I don't think my 20 will fit anymore.

Lots of well wishes for all the other posters wishing to get out of the 160s!

thirti4thirty
05-06-2014, 11:14 AM
CrabNebulaThat's such a good progress! I'm aiming at a 60 lbs loss too, but I can't for the life of me get out of the first 20 lbs. I hope you'll reach your goal and that your family will be surprised by your efforts.

I'm weighing in today at :spin:166.0 :spin:That's a good loss I hope it continues like that. I have made a vow with myself, to be "serious" for the next 20 lbs. Let's see how it goes.

Syckgirlsfv
05-06-2014, 12:15 PM
up a little today - TOM showed up 9 days early :-|

4/30/14 - 163
5/1/14 - 162.4
5/3/14 - 162.6
5/4/14 -162.2
5/5/14 - 161.6
5/6/14 - 162.4
5/7/14 -
5/8/14 -
5/9/14 -
5/10/14 -
5/11/14 -
5/12/14 -
5/13/14 - GOAL of 158

love2b150
05-06-2014, 02:43 PM
I am up 2.8lbs since yesterday, weighing in at 164.0. I know it's water so I'm not worried. I am up 4.2lbs from my low still not worried. I have a better mind set for some reason this go around. Including today I have had four totally off plan days. My carbs have been really high these days. So once I get that under control I'll be fine. TOM showed up for one day and then gone. I am not understanding this stage of life with my body. But this happened last year in August so it is what it is :) maybe I'm about to go through menopause :D I plan to go to the gym this afternoon to help with the up and start tomorrow fresh with low carb low cal :)

love2b150
05-06-2014, 08:43 PM
made it to the gym burn 569, 4.11 miles ... scale looks good right now hope the morning brings a smile :D

thirti4thirty
05-07-2014, 05:24 AM
love2b150 wot wot wot!! U're not joking, girl.

Weighing in today at :spin:165.7:spin: HAPPY. Hard work proving rewarding. I hope to have a good day today too.

love2b150
05-07-2014, 07:01 AM
love2b150 wot wot wot!! U're not joking, girl.

Weighing in today at :spin:165.7:spin: HAPPY. Hard work proving rewarding. I hope to have a good day today too.

Nice weigh in thirti4thirty :high:, we can do what we put our minds to :high:

Honestly that 164.0 was plain ugly. I had to work it out before it got worse :) No excuses today, I will get back to the 150's before my outings this weekend. I need to show myself that I have some discipline :)

04/30 - 160.8 (-0.8)
05/01 - 159.8 (-1.0)
05/02 - 159.6 (-0.2)
05/03 - 161.6 (+2.0)
05/04 - 161.8 (+0.2)
05/05 - 161.2 (-0.6)
05/06 - 164.0 (+2.8)
05/07 - 160.0 (-4.0) first whoosh :)
05/08 -
05/09 -
05/10 -
05/11 -
05/12 -
05/13 - GOAL 156

Syckgirlsfv
05-07-2014, 12:33 PM
4/30/14 - 163
5/1/14 - 162.4
5/3/14 - 162.6
5/4/14 -162.2
5/5/14 - 161.6
5/6/14 - 162.4
5/7/14 - 162.2
5/8/14 -
5/9/14 -
5/10/14 -
5/11/14 -
5/12/14 -
5/13/14 - GOAL of 158

hiddenstar
05-08-2014, 01:38 AM
Just wanted to say a quick hi before heading off to bed. Dh surgery went well and I'm playing nurse a lot. I was 164 this morning so dropped a little but forgot how many tenths. Hopefully, I will start returning to normal schedule soon.

love2b150
05-08-2014, 10:58 AM
Hi hiddenstar, glad your husbands surgery went well, praying for a speedy recovery and you schedule gets back to normal soon :hug: Yay on the scale drop :high:

I was gonna eat a baked potato last night after church but I didn't. I made it then wrapped it and put it in the fridge. Instead I ate crustless pepperoni pizza and a grapefruit. Going to a movie today so I hope the popcorn doesn't mess me up since I'm eating it early in the day, have a pass that gives popcorn and a drink. One of my evening weaknesses was/is popcorn and it use to get me every time with the water gain on the scale. Hoping to keep the numbers going down the rest of the week :crossed:

04/30 - 160.8 (-0.8)
05/01 - 159.8 (-1.0)
05/02 - 159.6 (-0.2)
05/03 - 161.6 (+2.0)
05/04 - 161.8 (+0.2)
05/05 - 161.2 (-0.6)
05/06 - 164.0 (+2.8)
05/08 - 159.4 (-0.6) <-- new low
05/09 -
05/10 -
05/11 -
05/12 -
05/13 - GOAL 156

mamaboo3
05-08-2014, 12:41 PM
Good morning everyone! I am brand new to this site. I have been trying to get out of the 160's for probably 6 yrs now and am starting to think its my weight for ever. :-(
i have three boys ages 6-1/2, 11-1/2 & 15-1/2. I am married to my high-school sweet heart 16 years this month.
I love to walk with my podcasts, but am not structured enough yet to go to the gym. I have a membership but you know how that goes...one day!
so my two biggest problem areas are my inner thighs (ough, they are wiggly, jiggly and i dread bathing suits, shorts and even jeans) I mentioned my three kids, two were natural and the last was a c-section. So its flabby, saggy, fatty, droopy and i swear I think AAA used the "yellow highlighter" on my tummy to mark the driving directions from the north east to the south east where i currently call home. (no really, stretch marks that have stretch marks they are so bad!) so in short, I am really looking for some ideas on how to tone these two areas and while ii know the stretch marks are there to stay id really like to firm up these areas as much as possible. I know there are the lunges, squats, etc. but Im wondering if any of you out there in cyber world have tried a move, activity, etc that you found really works and swear by. I might want to mention i have exercise induced asthma which prevents me from jogging, running, elliptical and things of that nature where i am expending energy in that manner. Ive tried desperately to get up to 8 minutes of jogging and that took months..Just not in the cars for me and I'm ok with that.
anyhow, thank you all so much for the time you took to read this and I am really hoping i find some KIND, encouraging people from all walks of life to help me in this journey.
May God bless you all and remember "ALL things are possible through Him!"
Blessings y'all
🙏💜🐾

Syckgirlsfv
05-08-2014, 02:03 PM
mamaboo3 Phil 4:13 :D:D:D

4/30/14 - 163
5/1/14 - 162.4
5/3/14 - 162.6
5/4/14 -162.2
5/5/14 - 161.6
5/6/14 - 162.4
5/7/14 - 162.2
5/8/14 - 161.4 (new low since July 2013)
5/9/14 -
5/10/14 -
5/11/14 -
5/12/14 -
5/13/14 - GOAL of 158

things have resumed a downward trend...my midsection is looking fit and trim again! I can see my ribs :p:cool: I'll be looking good in Vegas for pool season! :carrot::beach:

thirti4thirty
05-08-2014, 02:14 PM
WELCOME, mamaboo3, and loads of :dust: for you on this journey. You're not that far from the 150's and I hope you'll make it through. I feel you on the inner thigh problem. I don't know if this will help you, or if it's possible for you, but what I do is to WALK A LOT. At the beginning it was difficult because of the friction, but now I'm oh so totally fine. My thighs don't rub so much anymore.

Love2b: Congrats on your new low, and congrats for resisting the potatoe y'day. So inspiring. I really wish you efforts pay off!

Today I weighed in at exactly the same weighed in y'day:165.7 BUT I'm expecting something different because I've been constipated for 4 days and I unloaded today :devil::devil::devil: so I'm hoping to see something lower tomorrow!

hiddenstar
05-09-2014, 12:03 AM
Looks like I'm getting back to where I was which is a plus. Tomorrow, I'm going to go to the gym. I'm really nervous about the family party cuz of all the food. Don't want to go back up. But it seems like my trend to go up on weekends.

Thirti4thirty - tmi but funny. Hope you get a good number

05/01 - 164
05/02 - 163.8
05/03 - 163.6
05/04 - 165.4
05/05 - 165.0
05/06 -
05/07 - 164
05/08 - 163.8
05/09 -
05/11 -
05/12 -
05/13 - 159

love2b150
05-09-2014, 09:15 AM
mamaboo :welcome: to the thread :) I have the same issues, thighs :) and belly - Mom of five, 2 girls (21 & 10) 3 boys 16.5, 15, 13) :) I know that there are toning exercises that we can do but I have yet to start them. I just walk. Blessings to you also :hug:

Syckgirlsfv you are doing great, scale is moving steadily and seeing your ribs is wonderful. You go GIRL :high: I'm happy for you :hug:

Thanks thirti4thirty :hug: Sorry about the constipation. I'm not regular so it's a norm for me. Glad you finally went :) and I hope the scale will show you a great number :crossed:

hiddenstar I was thinking the same thing yesterday ... I think we'll make good choices tomorrow but we should definitely eat clean today so we have some wiggle room for tomorrow :)

My numbers are getting back to where they were and holding since TOM showed up for real this time ;)

04/30 - 160.8 (-0.8)
05/01 - 159.8 (-1.0)
05/02 - 159.6 (-0.2)
05/03 - 161.6 (+2.0)
05/04 - 161.8 (+0.2)
05/05 - 161.2 (-0.6)
05/06 - 164.0 (+2.8)
05/09 - 159.4 (N/C)
05/10 -
05/11 -
05/12 -
05/13 - GOAL 156

Syckgirlsfv
05-09-2014, 12:06 PM
love2b thank you :cp: you seem to be doing quite well yourself! Still out of the 160's...go YOU! :carrot::carrot::carrot:

I'll get there - I calculated my BMI and it's 24, so I am not (technically) overweight. That somehow doesn't help. :o Have you cut certain things out of your diet? I have been eating more veggies and less bread, pasta, rice, etc...in the end this is what always works for me. I didn't exercise yesterday and this morning the scale has not moved. Better than going the wrong way, right?

4/30/14 - 163
5/1/14 - 162.4
5/3/14 - 162.6
5/4/14 -162.2
5/5/14 - 161.6
5/6/14 - 162.4
5/7/14 - 162.2
5/9/14 - 161.4 (no change)
5/10/14 -
5/11/14 -
5/12/14 -
5/13/14 - GOAL of 158

love2b150
05-09-2014, 01:16 PM
Thanks Syckgirlsfv :), I cut all of those things out also, but then I had four binge like days in a row, really high carbs. I find that when I eat horribly and then eat right the scale moves. I don't want to get in the habit of doing that and I'm not doing it purposely now. But when the scale number gets too high it makes do right for a couple of days. Plus TOM has me craving everything today my husband hasn't let for work yet so that's keeping me at bay with the eating. I hope I can be loyal to myself after 2pm :crossed: I have a brunch at church and a cookout at a great cooks house tomorrow so the 150's will likely be gone by the end of the challenge I have to weigh in on Monday. I just told my husband it would be so nice to finally see 150 after four years of actually trying to eat right. I've also been trying to hit the gym daily, but I won't make it today so I've got to stay OP.

thirti4thirty
05-09-2014, 02:05 PM
Love2b: You're doing such a great job! Congrats on maintaining yourself in the 150's. Have you joined the 150's thread already?

SO...My prediction worked and today I'm weighing in at 164.6; SUCH A RELIEF! That's a -1.1

But it seems as if I'm messing it up all over again. I had to come back home to family AGAIN and as usual this is being a problem. I'm doing lots of walking though, hope that helps.

thirti4thirty
05-09-2014, 02:17 PM
Plus...I've not been updating my daily weigh in... Such a disorganized life right now! I have to get serious again. I just realized that my monthly goal is 157 for MAY!

So I'm adding my monthly ticker like I used to help keep myself focused.

hiddenstar
05-09-2014, 03:48 PM
A new low today. And got a decent work out at gym today. Still taking care of dh but he starting to move a lot more. I'm really struggling trying to decide if I should have cake tomorrow at party. Part of me wants to relax and enjoy. The other part really would like to get to my goals. Plus, I know Tom is going to start really soon.

Love2b150 - congrats on seeing 150's again. I'm so jealous. You must be so happy to see that in the morning.

Syckgirlsfv - I just like you for bmi not overweight but at the top of the range. Last I checked I was 24.5. I haven't cut any food but I seem to be eating less breads. I keep hearing protein is good for muscles and making you feel full longer. So I try to eat more of that. I do love my cheeses.

Thirti4thirty - I understand the disorganized feeling. My nephew is graduating from college. I live closest to the college so everyone is gathering at my house for party. So on top of dh surgery, I've had guests start arriving yesterday. I so want to get back to normal routine.

05/01 - 164
05/02 - 163.8
05/03 - 163.6
05/04 - 165.4
05/05 - 165.0
05/06 -
05/07 - 164
05/08 - 163.8
05/09 - 163.2
05/11 -
05/12 -
05/13 - 159

love2b150
05-09-2014, 06:05 PM
thirti4thirty, thanks for the good cheer :hug: I don't think I am doing well at all. I think I am just inching by and if I don't reign it in I'm gonna fall back. I post there but haven't officially joined. Until I can get lower than 159 I will stay here. Great job on the 1.1 GONE :high: Walking helps :) It sure does help me :) We have 22 days left in this month to reach our 150 something goals we can do :dust:

hiddenstar, good job on the workout :high: Glad to hear your husband is doing well :) I will have cake tomorrow and who knows what else. I am soooo trying to be good today :) :hug: on the jealous part :D, makes me smile :hug: I wish I actually felt like I was really in the 150's. I am on the edge which is too close to 160 ... It is a joy to see it on the scale but at the same time it's also disappointing since it's not moving any lower :) I'd would like to see 158 just once ;)

Mad Donnelly
05-10-2014, 12:19 AM
I've been trying to have nothing but protein smoothies but it's not really working out. I still need to have that tactile sensation of something solid so I've been snacking a bit also.

The weird thing is I've been holding steady at 165. So up 2 pounds from my low, but what's odd is it's staying there for 2 days. I never do that. I always bounce around. I am hoping that means I'm in for a big whoosh and the smoothies are doing the trick.

Syckgirlsfv
05-10-2014, 01:31 PM
well alright, alright, alright! here we go! Down .6 today :carrot:

4/30/14 - 163
5/1/14 - 162.4
5/3/14 - 162.6
5/4/14 -162.2
5/5/14 - 161.6
5/6/14 - 162.4
5/7/14 - 162.2
5/9/14 - 161.4 (no change)
5/10/14 - 160.8 (new post July low!) :p:cool:
5/11/14 -
5/12/14 -
5/13/14 - GOAL of 158

love2b150
05-10-2014, 04:01 PM
Mad Donnelly, I'm stuck also. I hope you have a nice whoosh soon :crossed: How long have you been drinking the smoothies? and what are you putting in them?

Syckgirlsfv, keep up the great work :high:

159.4 again. Maybe today with the brunch (which I didn't over do it) and the cookout later the higher calories intake will make for a better weigh in on Monday. It sometimes helps.

Have a great day everyone :)

thirti4thirty
05-10-2014, 05:10 PM
Catastrophic family reunion weekend: I bet I'm gonna be up 2 lbs tomorrow and I swear I'm going to avoid my family altogether FOR THE REST OF THE MONTH!:mad:

hamlette
05-10-2014, 05:42 PM
Sorry haven't been around much. Had a planned cheat day on Tuesday which resulted in a really bad case of food poisoning and *TMI* diarrhea .... couldn't eat anything for 3 days and I felt so weak I cld barely go to the bathroom at the end of the third day. Anywho, I'm alright now and back on track today. Weight is still the same with just a .2 lb loss. I'm actually scared of having a cheat meal or for that matter a cheat day. I ate from outside which probably caused the food poisoning. But things are fine now . Hope everyone's doing well

hiddenstar
05-10-2014, 10:26 PM
Catastrophic family reunion weekend: I bet I'm gonna be up 2 lbs tomorrow and I swear I'm going to avoid my family altogether FOR THE REST OF THE MONTH!:mad:

I so wish that i could do that. I probably would have been at my goal ages ago. I did bad today. Tom showed up and i gave into temptation from all the goodies at family party.

love2b150
05-11-2014, 11:57 PM
Happy Mother's Day to ALL of the MOMS :hug:

thirti4thirty hope your weigh in wasn't bad :hug:

hamlette sorry about the food poisoning, so glad you are better :hug:

hiddenstar, TOM showed up for me also and I have eaten everything that I have wanted :)

04/30 - 160.8 (-0.8)
05/01 - 159.8 (-1.0)
05/02 - 159.6 (-0.2)
05/03 - 161.6 (+2.0)
05/04 - 161.8 (+0.2)
05/05 - 161.2 (-0.6)
05/06 - 164.0 (+2.8)
05/09 - 159.4 (N/C)
05/10 - 159.4 (N/C)
05/11 - 161.4 (+2.0)