South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2013, 07:00 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Wintry Wednesday SBD Chatters, 12/11

Good morning! It's a very frigid 7* outside and I am very thankful that we have heat. I got home from a lovely weekend in Cape May on Monday night to no water, phone, internet, and TV. It seems the watermain on our street broke again and somehow it affected our FIOS. I stayed the night, but took off yesterday shortly after 6am for farm before the snowstorm and had planned to spend the rest of the week there, but Jake called shortly after lunch to tell me our water was back on and Verizon promised we'd have internet by the end of the day, so I'm back home again.

We got about 4" of snow yesterday, which makes for a very pretty landscape, and the kids had a fun Snow Day. This morning I have to watch out for the dreaded black ice on my drive to work, and getting up our street will be a challenge with the street all buckled, but at least the snowplow was finally able to get down it.
Old 12-11-2013, 07:04 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks! Like Cottage, I am back as well. I know everything was covered in snow when I flew back in yesterday, but I *think* that happened on Monday. My DD had a two hour delay Monday for icy roads, while DS and I played in the ocean and had a round of mini golf! We had 80+ degree weather while down there and came back to 24 or something like that. Good thing I like snow .

Now, back to the grind, my traveling is done for a while. I need to get my butt in gear for Christmas and DD's birthday (which is the 22nd). I got in late enough last night that I didn't bother making my menu, but I am determined to eat well and clean out that nasty stuff. So, it's phase I with fruit (and wine!) for a while.
Old 12-11-2013, 07:29 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Ick! What a mess, Linda! You must be fuming after going through the mess last summer.

Welcome back, Tammy. It sounds like Florida was a good break before Old Man Winter really sets in. (By the way, wine IS a fruit, right?)

This morning I hope to get to town in search of my elusive chicken livers. I want to make my pate to try out on the DWARPs when book club meets here tomorrow night. Snow and snow squalls are predicted for later today so I'll do it this a.m. There is nothing more terrifying than driving in a white out! My rental car has all weather rather than snow tires so I'll be extra cautious.

I'll spend the afternoon playing with my new Kitchen Aid. I am going to make and preform cookies to freeze on sheets. Then I can just pop them into the oven for a quick bake as the inevitable visitors arrive. There's nothing more welcoming than the smell of cookies baking!

"It's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas!"
Old 12-11-2013, 08:27 AM   #4  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Cottage what a mess to come home to, glad everything is starting to come back on.

Tywnn all of my friends from Florida keep posting their weather on FB, trying to make us jealous lol.

Ruth have fun playing with your Kitchen Aid.

Last night, I wrapped some more gifts that came in the mail. Today is freezing and is supposed to get down to 0 tonight. Tonight on the way home need to stop at the grocery store and exchange one gift at Kohl's (somehow I ordered and received the wrong pattern).

Stay warm everyone.
Old 12-11-2013, 09:02 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning hick fly by before class. Boy was it cold here yesterday. At least today is indoors
Old 12-11-2013, 09:34 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 175/166/135

Height: 5'3

Good Morning!

Well it is cold here too - we got a bit of snow overnight but nothing too significant.....the temperature this morning is hovering around -16.....yuck!!!

Today is the dreaded Christmas lunch at work and my first true foray into the real world....I have been so in control of my diet and of every single piece of food that I have put into my mouth in the past two weeks....to hand that over to a buffet!! This is scary! I am going to try to stick to just turkey and salad....fingers crossed!! lol

Well I hope you are all staying warm!!

Happy Hump Day!

Samm
Old 12-11-2013, 10:06 AM   #7  

S/C/G: maintaining

Brrr - cold here too. Yesterday I wrapped. I am happily soooo close to being done with holiday shopping. I work the closing shift tonight. My mom has minor surgery this morning so I'm waiting to hear if she wants me to visit this afternoon.

Have a great day.
Old 12-11-2013, 01:53 PM   #8  

Height: 5' 5"

Happy Wednesday!

It's too cold here. Way too cold for humans to live! (-40 c this morning with the windchill). I'm fantasizing about our trip to Mexico way more than I should be.

Other than the cold, all is good. I am really happy I switched to SBD from Ideal protein. I feel so much better, I'm still losing weight, I'm getting over being afraid of eating healthy foods, and best of all- my hypoglycemia is totally in check! Happy with life! (but not the weather)
Old 12-11-2013, 07:15 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Awesome news for you, Cindy!!
Old 12-11-2013, 08:09 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 241/219/165

Height: 5 feet, 3 inches

Hi all!

Just stopping in to say hello! It's freezing here and looks like more snow is due for Saturday. Looks like my weekend exercise will be shoveling!

Old 12-11-2013, 10:32 PM   #11  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

we made it through Hump Day!
Closed Thread