Weight Loss Support - The NEW Getting out of the 170's thread

Pages : [1] 2 3

shr1nk1ngme
12-10-2013, 05:06 PM
There was a very slow-moving 170's thread in the 100 Pound Club and another thread a tiny bit livelier in the 30-somethings forum. But a few of the 170's fit neither category, so it was suggested that we all meet out here in the general weight loss support area so no one feels like they don't belong.

So, calling all 170's!

Today I weighed in at 174.6. Halfway there! I wanna be out of the 170's by Christmas.

How about you?

Savemykissesx
12-10-2013, 08:26 PM
shr1nk1ngme - Good to see you here! Glad you opened a new thread, I hope it's a hit and that everyone finds it. I just simply love the idea of working through these 'decades' together with support for one another. <3

I would love to be out of the 170's TOMORROW. But I know that's not going to happen. I weighed in this morning at 178.4 which is one pound down from yesterday (yay) I am hoping tomorrow is pretty for me, too. I woke up this morning with my TOM so I wasn't thinking my scale would be happy with me this morning even though I stayed on plan for my diet yesterday. And it was :] I guess I need to stay positive. I am hoping for something good tomorrow morning.

My biggest problem is I get let down and disappointed when the scale doesn't budge LOWER than before. :| I just got to learn to keep at it.

love2b150
12-10-2013, 10:27 PM
shr1nk1ngme thanks again :) I PM'd a moderator so we shall see what happens with the old threads. I also put this link at the end of the old threads.

Danielle I did the same thing. I hit 178.6 TOM arrived. I was on plan and today 177.6. I feel a little more bloated than yesterday and I had more carbs than yesterday. I made some chili that was supposed to be low carb but those beans are a killer regardless. :) I use to get disappointed by the scale but I have truly learned that tomorrow is another day to get it right. So I just hope for better the next day :hug:

Hope we all have lower numbers tomorrow :crossed:

Savemykissesx
12-10-2013, 10:30 PM
Rennie - Good luck on the scale tomorrow, I'll let you all know how my morning goes. I am hoping I have a lower number tomorrow, too but we shall see. I keep trying to make myself wake up early in the morning to walk on the treadmill but am unsure if this week will be that kind of a week. :|

love2b150
12-10-2013, 11:20 PM
Thanks Danielle and back at cha' :crossed: I know what you mean … with TOM the scale is quite unpredictable :D

shr1nkingme, I just re-read your post. WOW 174 you go girl :high: You will definitely be out of here by Christmas :high: I'm so jealous … no I'm not, yeah I am :D but I'm happy for you also … Keep up the good work :)

shr1nk1ngme
12-11-2013, 12:25 AM
I don't know. I just got back from a my Spanish class party at a Mexican restaurant. I ordered a vegetarian salad and they put greasy fried onions and fried green peppers all over it. Who puts greasy fried stuff all over a salad? Ugh! I really only ate about half of it, but it wasn't on plan and now I have no good way to calculate the calories/carbs. In my software I entered a half cup each of onions and bell peppers along with a tablespoon of butter. Hopefully that at least approximates what I ate tonight.

Now I have to modify the rest of my food today to compensate. And I was so looking forward to indulging in a diet cocoa, but now I think I will pass. :(

gymrat05
12-11-2013, 01:39 AM
Oh I'll join you guys! I'm hovering between high 170s and low 180s right now and the 170s are my nemesis. I'm dying to be back in the 160s.

hamlette
12-11-2013, 02:23 AM
Hello everyone!!! I'll be joining you guys today as well :) after a long brutal battle with the 180's i weighed in at 178.6 today, as ive been in the 170's for two days in a row so im officially moving in here,,,, i hope the 170's are not as cruel as the 180's were,,, i battled some major craving issues and made some bad food choices in the 180's... good luck to us all!!!

SparklyBunny
12-11-2013, 04:09 AM
Today I weighed in at 174.6. Halfway there! I wanna be out of the 170's by Christmas.

How about you?

Exactly the same as you :-) 174.6 this morning.

Though even if I'd manage to be out of the 170's by Christmas, I'll most definitely be back after Christmas. My body can put on water weight like a huge sponge. I mean, I could even be back at 180's after Christmas! That's how much water weight I can carry :-)

I'm hoping that I'll be in the 160's by January 1st and stay there. I was in 160's last year for a short while, but haven't been able to stay there for prolonged time in years, so 170's is where I keep gaining and losing. So getting out of the 170's and staying out would be the first true achievement for me (when it comes to managing weight that is :-))

Savemykissesx
12-11-2013, 11:37 AM
I was thinking today that I would love to be out of the 170's by New years. I haven't seen the 160's in a very long time.

Welcome aboard everyone, so happy to see everyone joining in here! YAY!

This morning I surprisingly weighed in at 177.6, I am hoping I keep going down this week, but I think that's the problem with weighing daily. O.O You always have a few days where you get disappointed, but just got to keep on track! (thats me trying to motivate myself, haha)

IanG
12-11-2013, 11:40 AM
The 170s are so frickin' tough. I have been bouncing out of the 160s back into the 170s for months. I wanna stay in the 160s. And I am going to b!tch about it here until I do!

Savemykissesx
12-11-2013, 11:54 AM
Welcome Ian, we will totally listen to your complaining about it. I can't wait to get down to the 160's, so I hear ya!

love2b150
12-11-2013, 11:56 AM
shr1nk1ngme I'm sorry about the salad and the grease, hopefully your weigh in today will be good despite that. And at lease you added it in the best you could. You tried :hug: Do you like Coke Zero? No sodium or anything there. I prefer Pepsi Max but if all they have is Coke Zero I'll get it … that's when I want a soda which is not very often. Let us know what the scale said :crossed: for a good weigh in :)

gymrat :welcome: to the thread … I've been in the 170's only since Sunday, (I hope) I am safely here for awhile no more 180's. :)

hamlette I'm right here with ya' hoping to not have the same issues I had in the 180's either :) We can do this :high: no more 180's :goodluck: to you also :)

SparklyBunny :welcome: to the thread. I got down to 165 on 9/27/10 and have not seen that number since. So like you I would love to get out of here but I know it won't be by January. For one I'm not disciplined enough for that but I am going to try to stick around here through the holiday for sure :) We can do it, no more 180's :high:

Danielle motivate away, whatever works :hug: we're the same weight now. Let that be your motivation (that's what I use to do with the people I started on 3FC with). I would try to keep up and go beyond what a member or more were and I did well with that moivation until I got to 165 then I think I got too comfortable with the way I looked and decided I could eat what I want, not so of course and look at me now :) How long do you think it will take to get to 169? Are you counting calories? exercising? Let's see if we can set a goal together.

ok no change in weight today 177.6 I really want to see 175 and I think I will really feel like I'm in the 170's. Anything about that just seems to close to 180 and I'm afraid of the bounce back. Danielle, I'm waiting on you … :D

Ian :welcome: to the thread :) Diana is the GREATEST isn't she. :) oh and Sum also :)

shr1nk1ngme
12-11-2013, 03:18 PM
:welcome2:
Welcome everyone. So nice to see some new peeps in the 170's with us!

I weighed in at 173.6 this morning. Keep sending those happy thoughts my way, I think they are working! :coolsnow:

At least now I know a little bit of fried onion and peppers on a salad doesn't always hurt. ... And yes, I had my diet cocoa anyway! :coffee2:

gymrat05
12-11-2013, 04:04 PM
I weighed in this afternoon at 181.2. Granted, I'm feeling bloaty and it *was* the afternoon...and I'm sleep deprived because I'm in exams right now...

But still, I'm mopey. Lol.

Savemykissesx
12-11-2013, 04:41 PM
shr1nk1ngme - I am so happy for you to get lower, but we will miss you here! I'll have to rush my way out of the 170's so I can join you in the 160's thread next! :] I hope your salad was yummy AND also your diet cocoa. :]

Rennie - Hi! I actually really really like that idea! We can each be a motivator to one another. I am really hoping to be atleast 170 by new years - but I'm unsure if I am going to have the discipline enough to do that. We shall see. When do you think you'll be around 169?
I am not exactly counting calories - I read Dolvett Quince's book "3121 diet" (the trainer on "The Biggest Loser) it's new, and he kind of lays out how you should plan your meals and even gives you examples of meal plans for 21 days and some of his recipes that he recommends, etc. But basically he lays out how to choose smart protein, smart carbs and smart fibers to eat per meal and also the best part about it is that it includes two cheat days in the week. (which I am hoping I don't go too crazy. Tomorrow is my first official cheat day - I just started monday!) It goes 3 clean days, 1 cheat day, 2 clean days and 1 cheat day. I am planning on going to bagel world for lunch and am also planning on bringing myself some veggies for a side instead of chips, but will also be eating my bagel sandwich prob for lunch & dinner along with a salad at dinner. Instead of eating a bag of chips and the full bagel sandwich for lunch and just eating way too much (oh yeah and NO soda!) He also has his own workout that he wants you to follow - but I have a very hard time with it. It hurtsssss, and I know thats a good thing, but OW. I hate squats and lunges so badly. So as of right now I don't exactly have exercises in plan but yesterday I did do my treadmill half-heartedly for 25 to 30 minutes, and the night before I did a weird dance routine for 30ish minutes. :\ What about you? What do you do for exercise?

Right now I'm participating in the '21 day challenge' which is to continue one thing for 21 days straight. And my challenge is drinking at LEAST 90oz of water a day.. today is day 3... man is that hard! Do you have a hard time getting enough oz of water in?

Also totally know how you feel about not really feeling there until you hit 175... I'm there with you! I am hoping this goes fast before I lose my motivation.
:wave: Hi to everyone else out here, too! :hug:

TrayTeam
12-11-2013, 04:58 PM
I think I'll jump in as part of the "b!tch about the 160s" segment of this thread.

I struggled with 170s and got out and am holding steady at about 164, but I would like to move on to b!tching about the 150s now.

Edit: oh hi censoring, let me adjust the cursing better.

love2b150
12-11-2013, 11:52 PM
shr1nk1ngme you are shrinking :D :yay: you :high:

gymrat get your water in and flush that bloatedness <--- is that a word, :shrug: flush it away :)

Danielle, I think it will take a ton of discipline for ME to get to 169. I did it before (got to 165) by walking 3 miles a day and eating right. I drank only water ate 6 meals a day and I did it in 3.5 months. That was 3 years ago and I didn't know I was diabetic. My church does a fast at the beginning of the year and last year I gave up bread, rice, potatoes, junk and sweets. I have already done thata with the way I am eating now except I'll have my first cheat day on Saturday. Your plan sounds good keep us posted as to how it goes. I don't know if I could eat a whole bagel. I think it would cause me to binge. I'm gonna do healthy toast with breakfast, probably a snack bag of chips with lunch and a burrito with a low carb tortilla on my cheat day. So it still shouldn't be too bad. Oh and a half slice of my bosses pound cake :drool: I'll whine on Sunday and pick myself back up on Monday :D We were going to the gym faithfully but we haven't been this week yet. Hoping to go tomorrow. I only walk on the treadmill. I'm trying to do 5-6 miles in an hour, right now I only make it to 4. I know if we would consistantly go I could do it eventually :). I don't like squats or crunches which is what I need to do for sure. I am good about my water when I'm home. When I have to go out it doesn't happen. I mainly drink water so it's not a problem for me. A 20oz soda will last me 3 days (my kids usually get to it before I finish) they always say it's been in the fridge too long :D. I just started drinking green tea again, thanks to a friend on another thread. I don't know if it helps or not but it's a change. We're gonna do this and hopefully move on together. :hug:

gretel
12-12-2013, 07:16 AM
I'm hopping in from the 30-somethings thread. 177.2 today! only a 0.2 pound loss this week. Still, better than nothing. We had a cookie swap party on Saturday and I'm sure that had something to do with it. My goal is to get to 174 before the end of the year so I can do a happy dance for being out of the obese BMI range and into the overweight. I am starting week 3 of Ripped in 30 tonight and I think it's still very possible to lose the 3 pounds yet this year.

love2b150
12-12-2013, 09:29 AM
Hi Lucas, Nice NSV :) good job on the loose jeans :high: I'm right there with ya :) What are your stats? If you don't mind sharing.

gretel I'm right here with ya. My goal is to get to 175/174 by Christmas or the New Year. Idk which one I just want to be well into the 170's not the high end of the decade. I'm going to the gym today and I usually have a good drop after a brisk 4 mile walk so that should give me a good start. We can do this :)

weigh in today 177.4

shr1nk1ngme
12-12-2013, 10:28 AM
...only a 0.2 pound loss this week. Still, better than nothing. We had a cookie swap party on Saturday and I'm sure that had something to do with it.

I know, right? Who invented those? None of my social groups has started up a Christmas cookie exchange, thank God. I'd have to decline and they would probably think I was being rude. But come on, they can't really expect me to bake a million cookies and sample theirs if I am trying to lose 70 pounds, can they? Ugh.

gretel
12-12-2013, 11:57 AM
This was the way to do a calorie conscious cookie swap though. There were 8 participants and we each brought 2 dozen cookies. So we got like 3 cookies from each person. It was amazing!

Savemykissesx
12-12-2013, 12:55 PM
I just wanted to say that all I did was walk on my treadmill for 2.25 miles last night and this morning when I did my weigh in I was down to 176, I am inching closer to the 175.. what I really want to see is 174, then I'll feel even better.. heck to see 170 would be real nice! ;] my whole weight loss struggle so far has basically been in the 170's... when I stepped on the scale back in September and I was 181 thats when I started, then I weighed myself a little more recently after my sprained ankle and was 184 I was like "you've got to be kidding me" because I always told myself I'd never be in the 180's and it was a heartbreak, and thats when I knew I had to make some serious changes for the better. So as you all can imagine, and as you are all probably experiencing too, I just can't wait to be out of the 170's and I really hope I don't get like you were Rennie and feel comfortable with how I look at 160 and then end up losing my motivation [I only say this because I can see this happening to me, too]. I really think me getting in atleast 90oz of water is what is being a major contributor to this whole thing right about now, and that just gives me more motivation to drink it up! <3

It'll only get better once I get serious about exercising more and everything.

Today is my first 'cheat' day on my new diet I started this week. I am hoping for a good outcome tomorrow, and still a little nervous. :| We will see, hope you all are doing well here in the 170's!!

love2b150
12-12-2013, 01:57 PM
Danielle stay positive, you'll be fine :hug:

Savemykissesx
12-12-2013, 02:16 PM
Well I'm not necessarily being negative or not positive I'm just speaking how I feel/see. ;] I am staying positive in the fact that I'm keeping it up... but if I was to honestly be negative that would mean I'd be so down in the dumps and I wouldn't be keeping it up, that's for sure. I'd be right back to square one. I can't wait to physically see a difference. Tonight I need to do measurements so I know where I am in the 'beginning' of my weight loss journey.

For lunch I had some steamfresh snap peas and my half of my delicious bagel world sandwich - I am looking forward to tonight's half for dinner with my salad :D

shr1nk1ngme
12-12-2013, 09:01 PM
Aww, Danielle, so sorry you are struggling! Once you start to see a difference it will give you the oomph you need to stay on track, but waiting for that first little taste of success, whether you are just starting, whether you are starting back up, or breaking through a plateau, can be sooo hard. Hang in there. It will come. :hug:

love2b150
12-12-2013, 11:53 PM
Danielle, I'm sorry I didn't mean it to sound like you were being negative. But I know how easy it is to get discouraged on these journeys, we can talk ourselves into things also and one small derailment can lead to a gain that totally throws us off. I'll be more careful with my words.

I need to take my measurements also. I keep forgetting and when I don't get enough sleep for some reason I have in my mind that they won't be right. But I really want to see because I know there is a change.

shr1nkingme hope you had a good day :)

Gwendolyn213
12-13-2013, 02:31 AM
Hello! Long time lurker, first time poster. I maintained this past year at around 173, then in October slowly inched up to a high of 178, got up the initiative to try to lose again, and weighed in today at 170.4. If I see the 160's by New Years I will be SO happy! I changed my eating strategy and focus on getting more protein and am eating frozen steamed veggies and spinach (better than before - no veggies, lol). Tracking in MFP.

Trying to be more active to lift my spirits! The holidays can be tricky for me. Will keep y'all in the loop! Good luck to everyone! :carrot:

SparklyBunny
12-13-2013, 05:39 AM
I "officially" weigh in on Mondays. It's not like I have a ceremony or anything, but that's when I write down the current situation in my spreadsheet :-) Anyway, I did step on the scale this morning, and the current high protein diet seems to be doing wonders. I was at 172.4lbs.

I'm really skeptical about me going through the 170's this fast though (I started at 180.2 on Nov 25th). Obviously there's a lot of water weight, so I'll be back the moment I eat a carb. I'm just thinking that if the 170's are this "easy", then the 160's are probably going to be a pain.

I have been going back and forth in the 170's and I think my setpoint is somewhere in the upper end of 170's. So my body will probably want to drift back there if I don't pay attention. Then again, I'm doing my 6 month project, so I will be consciously working on my body composition. Hopefully the setpoint will be lower after that as well. Not that I actually really care about what I weigh, but I do want to fit in the same clothes for a few years after reaching my goal :-)

love2b150
12-13-2013, 12:37 PM
:welcome: to the thread Gwendolyn … you'll be out of here in a blink. :)

SparklyBunny nice weigh in :)

weigh in this morning down .6 to 176.8

Savemykissesx
12-13-2013, 12:45 PM
With my cheat day yesterday I ended up weighing in this morning at 176.8, I'm still really happy about this. I only gained .8lbs and that's with the yummy stuff I ate and also with no exercise! <3 I am pretty positive.. the only thing I'm kind of in a slump about is just trying to get myself into some kind of workout routine. :|

I definitely agree - I think I keep putting off taking my measurements because I mean really, how embarrassing is that to do? But I have to do it so that I know and I can see the progress that way - eeeh. This weekend it'll have to be done!

P.S Rennie we're at the same amount again :P Funny!!

Savemykissesx
12-13-2013, 12:49 PM
Sparklybunny - Congrats on your amazing weigh-in! I have tried in the past to weigh in only once a week, but I find myself weighing in everyday and so far it's getting me motivated to keep eating right as I'm seeing the numbers go down.

Gwendolyn - Welcome, so happy to have you here with us! Look forward to supporting you even though it looks like you won't be on this thread very long because I am sure you'll be getting down to the 160's very soon. :] Your plan sounds good! The frozen steamed veggies are so convienant :D

love2b150
12-13-2013, 12:49 PM
ok I took my measurements awhile back not sure when exactly but I think it was in July since that is the sheet in my bathroom that it is recorded on with June. My measurements are down a bit from that time …

41.5 - 37.0 ~~~~~~ 2 inches above belly button (waist?) -4.5
48.0 - 45.5 ~~~~~~ hips -2.5
37.0 - 34.0 ~~~~~~ under breast -3.0

love2b150
12-13-2013, 12:51 PM
:yay: Danielle :) my cheat day is tomorrow and I so don't want to blow it with a pound or two gain :crossed: you did great :)

gymrat05
12-13-2013, 02:38 PM
Weighed in at 181.2 today. Exactly the same as last week. (Don't kick me ouuuuut...*Cries*).

Anyway, I'm bloated this week and I know it and I have been super stressed out. Hoping things will resolve by next week. Tonight I'm having wine.

RedSavvy10
12-13-2013, 05:38 PM
Hi there! I'm new (again) here! I went to the doctors a few days ago and was 178! I haven't been in the 170s since highschool! And I can't remember the last time I was under 172 so I'm really looking forward to this! :)

shr1nk1ngme
12-13-2013, 06:52 PM
175.2 this morning. ??? !!! ???

I am getting soooo frustrated this week. I have been 100% on plan and I am suddenly stalled. I am still in the induction phase this go-around and only in my third week of weight loss. I didn't think it was possible to have a week long stall in the third week.

To remedy this, I am adding JUDDD (a type of intermittent fasting) into the mix starting with a DD today. I will be giving JUDDD about two/three weeks and if it doesn't work, I will have to try an Atkins Fat Fast. Ugh. I was really looking forward to some hefty success at the beginning to sustain me when things leveled off in three months. Not three WEEKS. Grrrr.

love2b150
12-13-2013, 09:47 PM
gymrat bloats go away thank goodness so you'll be back in the 170's in a couple of days :)

RedSavvy welcome :)

shr1nk1ngme sorry about the stall :hug: Best of luck with your new plans. Where did you get your avatar and your signature ladies from? I'd like to see what that looks like for me.

shr1nk1ngme
12-14-2013, 12:01 AM
I used model my diet dot com.

SparklyBunny
12-14-2013, 05:45 AM
@shr1nk1ngme: I did Lyle McDonald's Rapid Fat Loss 1,5 years ago and actually did phenomenally well. It still was incredibly gruesome diet where I basically ate around 700kcal every day of mostly protein with trace amounts of fat and carbs. There was a structured refeed as well, but the point is that it was a very tough diet with very rapid results. Still, like clockwork, every month (I did this for several weeks) I would stall 1,5weeks. I mean I was on a very, very strict plan and the weight would not change *at all* for 1,5 weeks. I pressed on and then learned that that's just what happened to me during certain time of the month. It wasn't during my period or just before it, but it was just something that made my body to hold onto water for a while. Every month.

So, it's perfectly possible to be stuck for a week after just three weeks. The slightly ironic twist is that stressing about it will make your body hold onto water even more. So relax :-)

love2b150
12-14-2013, 12:45 PM
thanks shr1nk1ngme :)

shr1nk1ngme
12-14-2013, 01:08 PM
You're welcome! :)

Back to my low of 173.6 after a DD (Down Day) yesterday on JUDDD. Plus I threw in some mild exercise. Going to do the exercise again today (walking the dog, with hills, for an hour). But today is an up day (higher calories). Hopefully my weight won't be up again tomorrow...

<edit> I really need to walk the dog more. She is getting old and she benefits from the exercise at least as much as I do, if not more. I will let her health be my motivation when my own weight loss is not motivation enough. </edit>

Savemykissesx
12-14-2013, 02:21 PM
Great job shr1nk1ngme I wish my dogs could motivate me but what always unmotivates me is how cold it is outside ... brrr ! We are supposed to be getting a crazy snowstorm here tonight. O.O We will see how that goes....

I weighed myself this morning and am proud to say I'm still at 176... I was 176.8 yesterday and was 176.2 today, I'm happy about this considering the no exercising. I am going to try to get some exercise in tonight and tomorrow, if not tonight definitely tomorrow. I just love relaxing (clearly). So far I've lost 3lbs since Monday, which is awesome.

Rennie good luck today on your cheat day - I'm thinking of you!!

shr1nk1ngme
12-14-2013, 04:36 PM
Three pounds since Monday is... AMAAAAZING!

:cheer3::cheer2::cheer::congrat::queen::congrat: :cheer: :cheer2::cheer3:

So sorry about the weather. Everybody in the US is having an early winter this year except for us in SoCal. Here it is 70 degrees today and will get down to around 45 at night.:beach:

carebearx3
12-14-2013, 05:58 PM
Can I join?? I have been stalled in the mid 170s for months! I am finally down to 173.6 but am really stress eating today. Why is a mother only as happy as her least unhappy kid?? My senior found out he got deferred to his first choice college and it has been a tough day! :-/

love2b150
12-14-2013, 10:44 PM
shr1nk1ngme I got to see what I'd look like with the model but I don't know how to change it or add it to anything but it was nice to see. :) You are really doing well on this journey. Keep up the good work :high:

Danielle we were the same again :yay: I like having someone to keep up with though I'm sure I will be trying to catch up with you after my cheat day today :) Keep up the good work :high: Congratulations on the 3lbs gone, way to go :)

carebear :welcome: to the thread :) Sorry about the deferment :hug: Congratulations on your weight loss so far. Keep up the good work :high:

I was 176.2 this morning also :) LOL I can't count I need to go back and edit all of my post because I said I was only .4 down, hehehe, silly me :)
My cheat day was pretty good, I hope I didn't overdo it with the carbs and sodium and the 622 calorie burn on the treadmill helps :crossed:

Savemykissesx
12-15-2013, 10:31 AM
Hi girls! I weighed in at 175.4 today, that's 4lbs down since last monday!! I am excited. Today is my cheat day though & I am planning on eating a delicious soup with some bread for lunch. O.O Let's hope I don't kill my losing streak, but I am going to pick the smaller soup instead of the medium I usually get, and I am only going to eat half the bread, not the whole roll. And I WILL NOT grab the delicious cookie, or maybe I will but I'll split it in half for my boyfriend and I. <3 This is from my favorite farmer's marker by my work, :] I will have self control here.

Carebear - Everyone is welcome, including you! Welcome to the 170's where we are all trying to get the heck out of here! Congrats on being down to 173.6 -- Great JOB! Keep it up, and if you slipped a little just get back on it! :]

Shr1nk1ngme - I have been pretty excited about losing this much weight since monday, very excited about it actually! Four pounds? Man.. this can't be real life, but it IS my first week, so I am hoping that it doesn't make me get my hopes way too high, you know? Tomorrow is my exact week since it all started, O.O scary to think of - I got to keep this up! I hope everythings going well on your end!!! And this snow is awesome. I can't wait til I feel pretty enough to go shopping again and then I can get some stuff and maybe next year I'll do some sledding. :| Maybe I'll just suck it up and do it this year anyways. My weight is always holding me back from everything I want to do and I'm truthfully sick of it.

Rennie - dying to hear how you weighed in this morning. :D I also like to have someone to kind of work with together - so I am hoping you stick with me through this journey it's definitely what I need! I am trying to reach 135 but will probably want 130ish in the long run. We'll see once we get there [because WE will get there!]

love2b150
12-15-2013, 12:17 PM
Danielle I weighed in at 177.2 so now I have to catch up to you :) it's gonna be hard because tomorrow you'll weigh 174 … keep it going you are doing extremely well :cheer:, I'm happy for you :hug: I will definitely stick with you. We can be texting buddies if you want just PM and let me know. I have had a few friends from 3FC do it with me and something will derail them and they'll stop, some even stop posting :( I keep hoping they'll start texting again. I PM and text periodically but no reply :(. It's such a great thing to have someone to text when you're about to fall off the wagon. :)

shr1nk1ngme
12-15-2013, 02:05 PM
Still at 173.6 this morning and a little bit nervous since today is an Up Day. Today I will eating all my Up Day calories with a much more careful eye on my carbs than before. I expect to see better results on the scale Tuesday morning, after Monday's Down Day. Especially since I have been doing some (gentle) exercise every single day.

More intense exercise will come later. When I am closer to my goal weight I plan to start to increase my calories/protein/fat for muscle building. Then I will start weight training again in earnest.

Gwendolyn213
12-15-2013, 03:21 PM
So frustrated! Up 3 darn pounds to 173.4. And nowhere near my monthly cycle. This has happened all year, I get within .5 of leaving the 170's only to pop back up to the 173 mark.

I'm actually not that bummed, slow and steady will eventually come through. Anyone have the old body hangs on to weight for what seems like forever then one day you lose like 2-3 pounds? My entire weight loss has been that way.

Will need to post daily to keep me going through the holidays, lol! I love reading everyone's posts and thank you for the welcomes :D.

hamlette
12-15-2013, 07:43 PM
hello everyone!!! back after my brother in law's wedding and stayed steadily at 178 lbs during the 3 day wedding festivities :) really proud of myself,,,will be back on track with food and exercise from tmrw!!! the wedding was a completely different story,,, many relatives were shocked into silence when they saw me, and im really not exaggerating,, people kept coming up to me during the wedding and told me how great i looked,, i have never received so many compliments in my life,, it was very overwhelming but im very happy .. all this attention and admiration from friends and family (some of whom had last seen me at 239 lbs) was amazing and a great motivator,,,, gives me more reason to continue my progress,, here's to losing weight and never finding it again!!! :)

shr1nk1ngme
12-15-2013, 09:18 PM
Hamlette, you have achieved sooo much! Congratulations and keep enjoying those compliments. You have earned them!

The "never finding it again" bit is the part I have trouble with. :-/

carebearx3
12-15-2013, 09:40 PM
Nothing like a 7 pound stress gain to make me realize why I gave up stress eating. My son will get to a college....may not be his first choice but he will get a full ride somewhere. Back on plan today and walked 5 miles. Ive got this!!

love2b150
12-15-2013, 11:46 PM
shr1nk1ngme :crossed: for a good weigh in tomorrow :)

Gwendolyn sorry about the up :hug:

hamlette I love that "here's to losing weight and never finding it again!!!"

carebear that's great :) Great job on the walk :high:

shr1nk1ngme
12-16-2013, 10:31 AM
Thanks for those positive thoughts! Even after an Up Day, I weighed in at 172.4 this morning. Which means that JUDDD is already working! Yay can't wait to see tomorrow's weigh-in since today's a Down Day.

For several days now, I have been really strict about my carbs, keeping them at Atkins induction level (<15 a day), and it seems that is what works for me. Which makes me sad, since that means I can't eat a lot of veggies or beans. I still have some, but I have to carefully measure what I eat to keep the overall carbs down. I also had to take the soy milk out of my tea (just having it with Torani sf syrup now) and eliminate my daily Swiss Miss Diet Cocoa and my occasional Medifast packet (too many carbs for Induction).

I just have to remind myself that this part is temporary and later when I am established in ketosis I will be able to have reasonable portions of beans and vegetables again.

On the bright side, I have been having a bit of cheese every day and that, along with my GG's Scandinavian Crispbread, has kept me feeling full.

I ordered a blood sugar/ketone monitor and strips; they should be arriving any day now. That will be helpful, too, to see whether I am really in ketosis.

love2b150
12-16-2013, 11:09 AM
shr1nk1ngme you're doing wonderfully, and glad your plan is working for you :high: LOL on the cocoa verses cola :D I think sometimes my eyes see what they want ;)

I am up .2 to 177.4 I don't think I am going to see 175 before Christmas not at this rate anyway but it's not the 180's :D

have a great day everyone :hug:

Gwendolyn213
12-16-2013, 01:41 PM
Rennie, thanks for the hugs!

shr1nk1ngme, I think you and I are linked, I also weighed in at 172.4 today.

Danielle, keep up the great work!

Everyone else, hello! I am on an ipad so I can't scroll back properly to see any responses, and I have a very limited short term memory :?:.

Anyhow, woke up and weighed in, then chugged water. I ate well yesterday, and took my dog for a walk. I'm trying a new thing for exercise, which is to just move around for a good 1/2 hour to an hour and not put pressure on myself. I've always put to much pressure on myself and end up stopping because I don't meet my goals. I go to the gym with my dad (who, at age 69 can do 20 pull-ups and 50 push-ups and bicycles 30-60 miles a few days a week), and do some weight work with him 1-2 times a week. I am a recovering agoraphobic after an assault 5 years ago, so getting out is a big deal for me. :o I gained 86 pounds after that.

Anyhow, enough about me, again, it is a pleasure to be a part of this thread and I look forward to many more posts! Hoping today is a good day for all. :)

jitterfish
12-16-2013, 03:05 PM
Reporting in to the new awesome thread :) Weighed in at 176.4lb, which is 80kg and yayyayyay it means I am no longer obese, I'm just fat -LOL-

Savemykissesx
12-16-2013, 03:11 PM
Gwendolyn - MY GOSH. With that kind of thing happening to you I applaud you for walking out the door - I'm not sure how I'd handle something like that & it's good to see you're able to get out there and continue to live your life even if it took you a little time to do so. Good for you! I'm rooting for you! & I am also trying to keep up the great work, you do the same! P.S I love dogs - what do you have?! Well I love animals in general. I have six cats and 2 dogs. :] and I also foster animals so I currently have 3 foster cats and a foster dog, too.

Rennie - I sent you a message ! :] Look forward to chatting more with you. Keep working on it! And you're right atleast it's not 180!

Shr1nk1ngme - 172.4 wow! I can't wait til I'm there! Great job and I'm glad that you're plan is working out for you even on your UP days. :p I've never heard of JUDDD?

I basically purchased Dolvett Quince's new book 3121 diet and have been following that aside from the work outs :crazy: because gosh I have a hard time working out :| but his meal plans are basically made up of a smart protein a smart carb and a smart fiber and that's what I've been following, along with two snacks a day & having 2 cheat days a week.. it's been working out so far for me, and I'm just trying to be smarter about NOT overeating and eating the correct things, too.

I haven't ever heard of something like not eating veggies :( I always thought you want to eat a ton of veggies & fruits.

Hamlette - I ALSO love that "heres to losing it and never finding it again" I think we're all right there with you.

I am not quite at the 174 I was hoping for this morning, hopefully tomorrow morning though! I am currently at 175.8 so I gained a .4 on my cheat day yesterday - which is nooothing. I was so expecting that. :] Here's to another day!

jitterfish
12-16-2013, 03:35 PM
[savemykisses] cheat days are awesome, except for me I find it hard to reign in just how much I cheat -LOL- I'm getting better now, but wonder how is it that "normal" people can do it, why not me!

shr1nk1ngme
12-16-2013, 03:45 PM
JUDDD is a technique of calorie cycling. You can implement it on almost any plan. Basically you have one very low calorie day (almost a fast) followed by a day of big (but measured) eating. The calories can average out to whatever you choose.

For example if you are on a plan that calls for 1500 calories a day, you might eat 500 calories on a down day and then have 2500 on an up day. It allows you to keep your caloric average low and keeps your body from adjusting to your diet by constantly changing the caloric intake from one day to the next. You never go into starvation mode and you lose weight faster. That's the theory, at least.

You can plan for office parties or dinner with friends because the up day calories are pretty high. You just plan to have a down day afterward. The cycle is every other day, but sometimes you can shift your days around to accommodate your social/Holiday calendar.

There are other details such as resveratrol and carnitine supplementation, exact ratios of up-day to down-day calories (induction is 5:1). And that's JUDDD.

My plan calls for a lot less calories, so my down days are about 350 calories (prety much a fast) and my up days are about 1650 for an average of 1000 calories a day.

On Atkins (low-carb) induction you are limited in veggies and fruits because they are high in carbs. You are supposed to eat vegetables but you have to carefully measure them to make sure you stay within your carb limit. Once you are established and steadily losing 2 - 2.5 pounds a week you start to add non-starchy (mostly leafy & cruciferous) vegetables back in more and more until you find your tipping point (where you stall). Certain high carb veggies (tomatoes, carrots, winter squash) are quite limited until you reach your goal. Most fruit is allowed in limited quantities only in maintenance.

carebearx3
12-16-2013, 04:30 PM
177.2 today so moving back down! Got in a workout at the gym and went for a cold, brisk 5 mile walk this afternoon! Things are definitely better today! :-)

shr1nk1ngme
12-16-2013, 09:35 PM
I keep looking for the "like" button. I wish we could star our favorite posts!

love2b150
12-17-2013, 12:30 AM
Gwendolyn, I'm sorry to hear about your past but so glad you are now able to move forward, :yay: YOU :hug: I like hugs :)

jitterfish, congrats on the new BMI category :high:

Danielle not a bad up at all after a cheat. :high: I still need to catch up to you though ;)

shr1nk1ngme I like your plan. Sounds like what I'm doing by accident except I can't get (haven't done) a really high day without it being full of not so good carbs :shrug: It would be nice to have a like button on here :)

carebear, way to go :high:

All of you are gonna be leaving me if I don't get my act together in this decade … sad for me but happy for ALL of you. Keep up the great work :high:

My day today was low calorie and high carb, not on plan at all. BUT I have everything all prepared to get back on track tomorrow, so all I have to do is heat and eat :D Hoping for a better remainder of the week :crossed:

B ~ banana, green tea
L ~ low carb tortilla shell, fiesta blend cheese, Pico de Gallo, salsa, steak, onion/green pepper
S ~ s/f gelatin, 10 Nilla wafers, 1 Graham cracker
D ~ no sugar added grapefruit

jitterfish
12-17-2013, 04:12 AM
shr1nk1ngme do you find yourself hungry on your low calorie days or does it all sort of even out?

love2b I wouldn't worry, I'm going to be in the 170s awhile! After so long losing weight its coming off very slowly now. Just as long as I keep going down or staying the same though, the rate doesn't matter.

love2b150
12-17-2013, 11:37 AM
jitterfish :)

I'm back to my pre-cheat day weight of 176.8 still hoping to see 175 before Christmas :crossed:

shr1nk1ngme
12-17-2013, 12:21 PM
shr1nk1ngme do you find yourself hungry on your low calorie days or does it all sort of even out?

I am definitely hungry on the low calorie days. I take my morning supplements with sugar free jell-o (amazing how filling jell-o is!) I also drink a huge glass of psyllium husks in Crystal Light in the morning and that helps keep me full until the afternoon. In the afternoon I have some GG's Scandinavian Crispbread crackers (they are almost 100% fiber so they have almost no carbs/calories) with Laughing Cow Light cheese wedges. I eat tons of celery with a small amount of cream cheese. I have learned to love raw vegetables and I snack on (small amounts of) broccoli florets, lettuce, spinach, and kale. I drink absolute LOADS of herbal, caffeine free, organic tea all day long.

Then for supper I have an egg, another crispbread with a cheese wedge, as much vegetable broth with celery as I can eat, and some nuts for a late night snack. I always buy nuts "in-the-shell" so I don't lose control. Give me a bag of shell-less nuts and I am in trouble.

I don't care what the "experts" say, I have to do what works best for ME. I eat most of my calories in the evening because that it the time I am most likely to cheat. So I save most of my eating for then because it keeps me on plan.

Still at 172.4 after a down-day yesterday.

gymrat05
12-17-2013, 01:15 PM
I had a baaaad night last night. I went on a crazy binge and ate so much sugar for no particularly reason. I made myself log it into MFP this morning so I actually had to acknowledge how extreme of a binge it was. Calorically, it wasn't obscene, probably about 2300 calories, but just unnecessary and way too much sugar. Such an unbalanced day. I know I'm PMS-ing, but still.

There's this company I have been following for a while (the founder did his undergrad and PhD in exercise nutrition at my university and the company participated at a seminar I attended in March). It's called Precision Nutrition. They have a coaching program which is fairly pricey (though, they coach you for a full year), but they also sell a system (just a bunch of books and manuals) for a much more reasonable price. It was half price this weekend and I ordered it. The program seems very behaviourally based and focuses on achieving small goals over time to get big results. I'm excited to receive it because you also get access to their forums and workouts. I looove programs. I love having a set plan of things to do/follow. I feel like it keeps me accountable.

I'm studying for my last exam right now so I'm totally burned out. I worked out last night but missed Sunday due to studying and last week was not a good week. I can't wait until I can relax a bit.

jitterfish
12-17-2013, 03:36 PM
shr1nk I agree with you mostly. Yes the experts are experts so they know their stuff, but every body is different and if it works for you and you're not experiencing any unhealthy side effects then I say do it. Most of the experts have never had a weight problem themselves, so in that respect WE are the experts!

gym PMS and TOM are so evil. I always gain one or both weeks and its hard to deny the body when those cravings hit (at least they aren't as bad as pregnancy cravings!). Good on you for owning it and MFPing it! Accountability is so important. What exam do you have?

As for me, down a bit more today meaning I just hit my second Xmas goal of reaching the 70s decade (I'm a metric girl). I'm not too sure where to from here, its hard to set real goals knowing Xmas is next week -LOL- But I just joined a challenge that is due to end April 21 so that should help keep me focussed. Plus I guess my next mini goal should be 78kg (172lb) because then its 55kg (121lb) lost.

gymrat05
12-17-2013, 04:23 PM
@jitterfish - Ugh, no kidding! TOM sucks. My exam is in advanced food science. I'm studying to be a Registered Dietitian actually.

Congrats on being a down a bit more and meeting your goal! Whenever I'm losing I'm always only down a bit at a time but it adds up eventually!

Savemykissesx
12-17-2013, 05:04 PM
carebear - That is so inspirational to me! I really really need to get back into an exercise routine. :| I'm horrible and struggling with this right now. But a 5mile walk in this weather? Maybe it's not as bad where you are as it is where I am.. If you don't mind me asking; where are you from? I am in Massachusetts and we just had a snow storm and we're getting another today actually O.O I keep trying to talk myself into taking my bigger dog for a walk since he'd be able to handle the cold better than my little dog - but I'm just SO not motivated to be out in the freezing cold. I keep saying this - but maybe tonight I'll take a snowy walk.. it's just so icey out now. :| He needs it though, he's so energetic and needs to get his energy out.

Rennie - You better get your bum in gear and move on w/ me because we both need to support one another, though we can do that no matter what. :D I'm here for you. How is it going today?

Shr1nk1ngme - I could NOT handle that, I don't think.. but it's a similar idea to what I'm doing (KIND OF) the whole reason we eat clean and then have a cheat day is to trick our body into not knowing how much calorie intake we will have, etc. I'm glad it seems to be working for you. I would prob. not be so happy on my low calorie days. :| I'd maybe even go crazy.

Jitter - You are SO close to your goal, how exciting is that! I can't wait 'til I can say that, too! Just keep on trucking!!!!

I am at 175.2 today.. REALLY. Because I am dying to see the 174.... grrr. It's okay, and totally expected as I'm not doing much exercising.

I'm so bummed because a physical therapy office brought us some delicious cookies and of course I caved and ate one. :| MAN OH MAN. Cookies will always be the death of me! I swear of it.
Tomorrow we're having a holiday brunch in the office and we're all bringing in delicious meals to eat. I just have to remember NOT to over eat but I am going to have this as my cheat day instead of thursday. It's going to be a hard day for me tomorrow with all the sweets and everything :\

shr1nk1ngme
12-17-2013, 06:43 PM
I would prob. not be so happy on my low calorie days. :| I'd maybe even go crazy.

The only time it's a real problem is if I've finished all my allotted calories too early and then I have to go to bed with a growling stomach; I can't sleep like that.

Oh, and also when I weigh the morning after a down day and there is no weight change. It's like, how can there NOT be a weight change after a 350 calorie day? But sometimes there isn't. Our bodies are weird like that. It can be very discouraging to "starve" all day, telling yourself it will be worth it, only to see no results on the scale in the morning. That happened THIS morning. The temptation then becomes to have a second down day just to "make" the scale go down, out of fear if I have an up day the scale will go back up. But that it dangerous territory: I have no desire to become anorexic on top of everything else. So today has to be an up day no matter what the scale said this morning.

jitterfish
12-17-2013, 09:44 PM
Its interesting how the scale can "betray" us sometimes. You're doing great, staying on plan but the scale doesn't budge or even goes up. I tried the no scale thing because I got frustrated, but I like the instant gratification of the scale -LOL- And even weirder how sometimes on a bad day you get on and have lost weight, that idea of the refeed days I guess.

gym that is awesome, I've thought of that as a career change if I ever decided to make the move (currently teach bio at college, so know a bit about nutrition and it is fascinating and so complex).

shr1nk how long have you been doing fast cycling? Do you think you can maintain it to the end of your weight loss journey?

savemykisses yes it is so close, but soooo far! And that is my modest goal, I'll still technically be overweight at goal but when I set it it seemed even getting in to ONEderland would be impossible. So once I reach that goal I'll probably set it lower. But I am going to talk to my Dr about it, I saw a nutritionist last year who said 160lb should be my goal and while still that would be techincally overweight, it takes in to account my actual body (muscle mass and excess skin). But that was a year ago, so once I hit my goal I'll get an expert to advise me again. And remember, a few cookies won't make all the weight come back on, you have to live in moderation and say yes sometimes and try not to feel too guilty.

love2b150
12-17-2013, 10:30 PM
shr1nk1ngme, I noticed that about gelatin also, but it doesn't last long ;) I looked up your crispbread, I will have to order them online in order to try them. I love your plan, keep doing what you're doing :high: shr1nk1ngme, when I have low calories days (not on purpose) I have wondered why the scale doesn't go down. :shrug: Very true ---> The temptation then becomes to have a second down day just to "make" the scale go down, out of fear if I have an up day the scale will go back up.

gymrat, MFP will definitely put things in perspective for ya ;) Love your field of study.

jitterfish, I agree we are the experts when it comes to what works for us and it definitely takes a ton of piecing together :) Congratulations on reaching your second Christmas goal. I've made one of my goals also that was to get into the 170's the second is to get to 175-174 before Christmas, not sure that will happen. :) Good for you on joining the April Challenge. :congrat: on your weight loss so far :cheer: Telling myself this would have made me go get that cake and ice cream :D ---> And remember, a few cookies won't make all the weight come back on, you have to live in moderation and say yes sometimes and try not to feel too guilty. I did consider this and (I would have only had a slice tonight but still) not a good thing for me to have in my head, lol ;)

Thanks Danielle :hug:, I'm trying to catch you but you are just moving through the decade too fast for me :D I did well today and then the kids had snack. I ate 29 cheese Nips, not on my menu today of course but the scale said 178.8 when I got home before dinner so hopefully I won't have a gain from my unplanned snack :crossed: I got all of my water in today and 4 cups of tea, pu'erh and green. I'll bet if you go for your walk you would see 173-174. I wanted to go the gym this evening but when I get in late after highway driving with the crazies in the dark I don't want to go back out (the boys like to go with me). I'm sorry about the cookies you had to face :hug: I had this burning desire for Food Lion bday cake and vanilla ice cream and I almost stopped to get it. I had long conversation in my head about why I shouldn't take the detour to go buy something that has absolutely no nutritional value to me at all. I think I am even gonna skip my cheat day this Saturday so that I can enjoy all of the goodies at my cousins on Christmas eve. Wow I turned this into a book. Are you sure you wanna be texting buddies with me, lol :D

I'm glad you all are here, it's nice to be in this decade with each of you :hug:

shr1nk1ngme
12-18-2013, 11:28 AM
I looked up your crispbread, I will have to order them online in order to try them.

They are not very tasty (imagine a grape-nuts flavored cracker) and they are very dry. But they are just about 100% fiber, very low calorie/carb, and they make a great vehicle for a Laughing Cow light cheese wedge, hummus, a little PB2 (low-cal peanut butter), or a spoonful of Walden Farms strawberry spread. I find they keep me "regular" and are filling at the same time.

shr1nk how long have you been doing fast cycling? Do you think you can maintain it to the end of your weight loss journey

I have done it before, when I lost 65 pounds in 2010. It was very effective; I did it for about six months last time. I would say it is a great temporary strategy but I would not recommend it for maintenance. This time, it has been only since Nov 20th that I have been on the weight control wagon. I started fast-cycling six days ago and already I am seeing HUGE losses compared to my third week stall on regular Atkins.

---------

171.0 this morning. I may be leaving this thread soon! :cry:

love2b150
12-18-2013, 11:39 AM
shr1nk1ngme, I had some Passover crisp once that I can't seem to find that were tasteless but they worked as a filler. I would spread the same things you mentioned above on them to make them edible :). I am willing to try anything healthy at this point.

Hooray for YOU and Danielle, both of you will be moving to the 160's soon, :congrat: The only way for me to join you sooner than later is to get to the gym more often :) just need the money and gas to do it :)

tadaponce
12-18-2013, 11:59 AM
Hi there! I would like join in, if that ok :)

I started my weight loss journey in July...have lost a little over 50 pounds. I find that it's getting harder and harder to loose...especially with Thanksgiving and Christmas! haha! It is so hard to battle all the fatty holiday treats! On top of Christmas we have multiple family birthdays where there will be plenty of food and cake so it's just gonna be a loooong couple weeks haha!

Well as of today I weighed in at 178.6...feels like I have been stuck between 178-179 for forever...but I'm trying to just happy that I'm not be gaining. Well nice to "meet" you all and I look forward to working towards the 160's with yall! :)

Gwendolyn213
12-18-2013, 12:41 PM
Welcome Tadaponce!

Hey guys, sorry I missed yesterday, had an awful headache that made it hard to look at a screen. Weighed in at 173 today. I am thinking of lowering my caloric intake to 1300 or so (net), as what I am currently doing seems not to want to work! Will post more later as headache still going. :hug: to all!

Danielle - I have a collie who looks like Lassie! She is 3 and is my best friend, follows me everywhere :)

Gym - I didn't eat so well yesterday as I didn't feel well. I can relate!

Rennie - doesn't look like I'll be leaving the thread for awhile!

Gwen

love2b150
12-18-2013, 01:37 PM
tadaponce :welcome: to the thread and the decade. It seemed that way for me also with 178-179 now I'm stuck at 176.8-177.4. Not much further along but I believe this is where I'll be through December for sure :dizzy:

Gwen sorry about the headaches, hope it goes away soon :hug: I think it may just be low calories and water weight for you. The scale will move back down for you when you feel better, I'm sure :)

Savemykissesx
12-18-2013, 02:31 PM
Jitterfish good luck with whatever you decide to choose with your goal weight, I'm sure it's amazing to see all your hard work paying off and it's probably feeling good to be healthy!!!

Rennie - I think you're smart for deciding to skip your cheat day so you could snack a little on your christmas celebrations, I'm going to try my hardest to be good. This is why I think I'll be in this decade for longer than you think ;]

Gwendolyn - Collies are gorgeous! I understand what you say when you say they're your best friends! My two dogs are attached at my hip for the most part.

I weighed in this morning at 174.0 !!! I couldn't even believe it <3 but today is major cheat day, so we'll see where I end up this morning. Though I did wake up and do 10 mins on the treadmill then two minutes of squats and lunges, and then another 10 mins on the treadmill. :] And am planning on getting something done this evening when I go home, too. So we'll see.. I'm almost too afraid to weigh in tomorrow morning. I'll scream if I'm back at 176. :| oooor worse!

love2b150
12-19-2013, 12:38 AM
Danielle I think today I had one of my worse eating days in a long while, worse than Thanksgiving. I have been wanting birthday cake and ice cream, so tonight after church I went to Food Lion and I got it. The whole family sat down like it was someone's birthday and we had cake and ice cream. Earlier I had a bunch of mini vanilla wafers and then after the cake I ate some hot cheeto fries (only what one of the boys left in the bag) he should have ate that little bit :D.
I'm not expecting a loss at all … possibly a two pound up. But I will go to the gym with one of my sons who's out of school for winter break so I will work it off … prayerfully :)

gretel
12-19-2013, 08:35 AM
My weekly weigh in was 177.0. That's only 0.2 pounds since last week, but better than nothing. I just have to work harder this week.

Savemykissesx
12-19-2013, 10:44 AM
Rennie, you got it! I am glad you enjoyed your cake and icecream and hope you atleast enjoyed it smartly (if that's a word) I had two brownies and another cookie yesterday - it's so hard with all this holiday celebrating. I am promising myself that I'll do better for christmas, I swear I will! How'd you do this morning for your weigh in?

I weighed in this morning at 174.8 so only .8 more than yesterday which isn't bad AT ALL considering all I ate, but I did do TWO separate work outs yesterday. I did my little workout in the morning and then I looked up on youtube a bootcamp class and did 30 mins of that, it was pretty interesting and I was proud of myself for sticking with it, haha. You should check out some of them if you can't get yourself to the gym.

I am debating on joining work out world here, where they actually have classes, but I feel like I need a buddy - someone to come with me, you know?

love2b150
12-20-2013, 12:19 AM
gretel you're right it's better than nothing or better than me going backwards. Keep up the good work, your efforts will pay off :)

Danielle I don't know if I enjoyed it smartly or not :D. I honestly don't think eating it at all was smart but I wanted it and my brain wouldn't allow me to stop thinking about it. I even nibbled on a piece today but my son actually finished it. … I also ate 3 shortbread cookies so I have got to get a grip on this for the better before it grips me any tighter. I have decided no more cheats until Christmas eve at my cousins house and I am going to have to think sensibly then. HOW ON EARTH CAN I GET TO 175 BEFORE CHRISTMAS IF I HAVE NO CONTROL? 175 isn't hiding from me, I'm running from it … full throttle, smh :shrug: I was up .6 to 177.6 this morning. But I did get to go to the gym this evening and burned 612 calories, during my 4.16 mile walk. So maybe that will give me a no gain instead of an up on the scale :crossed: Danielle I don't like the stuff on tv/dvd, I get bored with it fast and it's probably because I want someone to do it with me :D. My 9 year old tries but she is just as uncoordinated as her Mommy ;) so she has me cracking up watching her try to do the moves. The funny thing is she can dance unlike me but she just can't watch someone do something and keep it going, idk. I'll get it together … I hope I can make tomorrow a great day :crossed:

hhm6
12-20-2013, 01:14 AM
Wow, I'm so happy to see this thread on here!!

I've been off 3fc for a really long time and apparently have gained 8lbs since then =( sad, I told myself I would be at least 165 by my bday which is next Friday and now I won't, but I'm trying to focus on getting these 8lbs off.

I feel like I'm always "starting over", what plan/calorie limit do you guys stay on? I did Dukan and lost a lot of weight, but I'm so sick of it that I can't seem to go back on it 100% so I'm wasting food, money and time when I could be doing something more productive.

Any advice? You guys are so motivating on here! These threads are what keep me going :)

shr1nk1ngme
12-20-2013, 02:09 AM
I do best on a modified Atkins plan, with alternate day calorie cycling. I don't have to buy any "special" foods, but I find I do have a few favorite items which help me stay on plan. Overall it's a lot more affordable than the plans where you have to buy their food.

Gwendolyn213
12-20-2013, 02:22 AM
Heya Hhm6,

Welcome! I don't follow an eating plan really, I did an Advocare 24 day challenge (my stepsister sells for them). I don't buy into the supplement thing at all, but for me it was a nice way to get back into eating right. For myself based on age/weight I have a goal of net 1300 calories a day, meaning I eat back calories I've burned after exercising. I also have a thyroid issue and some other medical stuff so that is taken into account. I've only been back myself since November 4th. I do like Advocare's smoothies in the AM, but a smoothie with a
Protein powder is just as good. So, I'm not advocating any particular program.

Basically I try to get a good protein in AM with fruit (berries) and almond milk. Snacks are in season fruit in the AM. Loving cuties right now! Then for lunch a protein and veggies, if I am being good, lol. Then for dinner protein and more veggies and small serving of quinoa. Cut out all soda, most dairy (but I eat Greek Yogurt sometimes), and....sugar. Failing at the sugar bit as I do like Swiss Miss Hot Cocoa in the evening. Also include Olive Oil most days or Coconut Oil if I need a treat. I drink a lot of water but I put Mio in it which is prob just as bad as soda.

However, I have plateaued, today weighed in at 172.2. Most likely due to my current obsession with no eating a proper lunch and going for cinnamon chex. *shakes fist at evil Chex*.

I can empathize with the eating bad thing. Earlier this month I bought a huge bag of gluten free candy (my mom has celiac and I live with her so I eat GF to support her, she is very susceptible to any cross contamination, so that makes it a bit easier not to buy cakes and stuff). Anyhow I ate the whole flippin bag in two days. I recorded it! But that likely caught up with me.

My sis in law announced today she has lost 50 pounds in 18 months! Yay! I am so happy for her but in a small horrible way I am jealous. She has a pretty perfect life. Sigh, I hate envy. It is so wrong! My brother and her have a McMansion and two adorable kids, tons of income, and loads of friends. I have, errr, well, I have a dog! Lol!

*edited* I do need to add that she is one of my favorite people in the world and she is truly an awesome person, and naturally she has problems, and she has been through a lot of horrible things! I would feel bad not saying this.

Anyhow this post was meant for all, please pardon my rambling.

Gwen

Kitcherella
12-20-2013, 04:45 AM
Hi all :wave:
I am so happy to be here in 170s. Today the scale showed 178.5 which is sooo great. I hope that by January 9th I will lose 3-4 pounds. That is my two year anniversary and it will be great to be able to say 'I have lost 65 pounds'.
Have a nice weekend!

RedSavvy10
12-20-2013, 06:54 AM
Down to 175.7 :). So happy! I hope I can keep this going through Christmas!

love2b150
12-20-2013, 10:11 AM
hhm :welcome: back and :welcome: to the thread :) I did Dukan a while back, it does work but I couldn't stick with it. I ended up just like I am now not wanting anything that I had to eat or had prepared :( I'm with you on feeling like I'm always starting over. They great thing is we all have each other to do it with :) again Welcome back :hug:

shr1nk1ngme cycle counting is great and it definitely works. When I did it I didn't know I was diabetic so it was much easier. The extra carbs make it easy to have the higher calorie days. I'd like to see your menu's doing it with Atkins. Do share :)

Gwen, your plan sounds great also :). I think we all have a little envy in us (at least you admit it) :hug: I admire all that have achieved their goals and are in maintainance mode. I code be there also if I tried harder. We are gonna be the person to envy some day :) Oh I think Mio is better no sugar and calories right?, so not a lot of empty nothings going into your body making numbers go up :D It's a water treat :)

Kitcherella, I'm :cheer: for ya, I believe you can do it :)

Nice weigh in RedSavvy :)

down .4 to 177.2. I have been really bad the last two days so I am hoping that I stay focused and have some control over my mouth today. :crossed: I'm so glad you all are here and doing well. Keep up the good work :hug:

Savemykissesx
12-20-2013, 11:25 AM
I need my focus back, that is all. It's SO hard with all of this holiday food hanging around from the celebration on wednesday. I am literally going off the diet wagon and it's driving me insane. The cookies, the brownies, uggggh. The yummy cheesy dip for nachos... my head is just spinning. but I AM going to get back on it. I weighed in this morning back at 175. :| and yes I am beating myself up about it. This week just isn't going as good as last week but I'm totally not eating on plan like I was last week either. :( I am really just beating myself up today.

I had a half of a bagel this morning (not on plan -again) and for lunch I am hoping I can stick to my plan of my taco-less salad. I may end up eating at my desk alone just to avoid all of the temptation. I also was horrible yesterday and didn't drink my 96oz of water I've been doing for the last 10 days... :(

love2b150
12-20-2013, 11:31 AM
Danielle I am right here with you. I am down .4 to 177.2. And for breakfast I had an apple, cup cooked oat bran and spicy homemade sausage. I am on my second bottle of water. I also had a cup of coffee. Not sure why I drink the coffee all I do is run to the bathroom after I'm done. We will get through this day Danielle :hug:

shr1nk1ngme
12-20-2013, 09:12 PM
Yeah! Got my blood test kit today and ran a random ketone & glucose test. Non-fasting, my glucose was 89. Awesomeness! And also non-fasting, my ketones were 1.3. Not as high as I'd like them, (I want to be between 1.5 - 3) but again I wasn't fasting. Gonna re-test in the morning for a better idea of how I'm doing.

Had a huge eating day yesterday so I didn't weigh in this morning (didn't want to discourage myself). But I will be weighing again tomorrow and since today is a down-day I expect to see a nice loss on the scale.

gymrat05
12-21-2013, 02:11 AM
TOM started today and I weighed in (I always weigh in Friday mornings officially) at 180.2. So hoping that means I'll be OUT of the 180s permanently when TOM is over. I usually gain a couple of pounds of water.

shr1nk1ngme
12-21-2013, 12:30 PM
Well this morning's weigh-in was 169.8. So I will give it a few days and if it sticks, I will have to move to a different thread. But it's been great and I'll see you all there.

Everyone is trying SO hard, I know you'll be in the 160's thread in no time.

love2b150
12-21-2013, 01:29 PM
:woohoo: 169 shr1nk1ngme I am so happy for you :high:, nice results on the test :)

gymrat you're doing great :) TOM is a bummer!

I am up 1.6lbs today to 178.8. We got home late (after 10) and my son made ⅓ lb burgers and it took forever for them to cook (it seemed) I had planned to eat just the burger but that didn't happen. (I didn't get a burger at all last night) My other son made fries so guess what I ate? He over salted them and I know this up is mostly sodium so it should be gone in a couple of days :)

AmyAmy
12-22-2013, 08:54 PM
Hi guys! I think I need to join this thread. I was on the website a lot last year and lost quite a bit of weight, but due to medication I've put it all back on again and am the heaviest I've ever been. The holidays have been tough but I'm planning to stick with it.

love2b150
12-22-2013, 11:09 PM
:welcome: back Amy :)

I am not doing well at all, lots going on, too many things to focus on and my weight was up to 180.0 this morning. Gonna try to get it together to stay in this decade but if not I'll go back to the 180's thread.

gymrat05
12-23-2013, 12:03 AM
Congrats shr1nk1ngme !!! Great Christmas present!

Kat117
12-23-2013, 01:02 PM
returning back to 3fc. Battled my way down to 165 - to bounce back up to 189. down at 178 right now.

shr1nk1ngme
12-24-2013, 12:19 AM
Stuck at 169.5 right now so I am not sure if I will bounce back into this group or not. I love you all but I am trying really hard not to bounce back here... :)

AmyAmy
12-24-2013, 01:57 AM
love2b150 Thanks for the welcome. I know how you feel. My diet's been terrible. It's so hard around Christmas with all the food. I'm sure it'll come off. Just keep trying.

Kat117 Hi Kat! I've recently returned too with the same thing happening to you. We can get back down to our weights!

shr1nk1ngme Congrats! Hope it keeps coming off!

So, I started off strong yesterday, but gave in because I stupidly decided that there was no way I would be able to resist the junk and I may as well wait till after Christmas before I start dieting. And then this morning I just gave in straight away and had chocolate for breakfast. Halfway through the day I decided to get back on track as I don't want to gain any more weight. On the plus side my weight has gone up or down.

Kitcherella
12-25-2013, 04:11 AM
Merry Christmas to all!
:tree:

shr1nk1ngme
12-26-2013, 01:11 PM
Not weighing in today. I'll let you know tomorrow if I'll be re-joining this thread. lol

love2b150
12-26-2013, 01:33 PM
Hope all that celebrate Christmas has a Very Merry Christmas … Happy Holidays to ALL :hug:

gymrat :wave:

Kat :welcome: to the thread :)

shr1nk1ngme I'm sure you'll be moving through the 160's with ease once you break the plateau :hug:

Amy good job on catching yourself :high:

Kitcherella Merry Christmas to you :santa:

I'm still not in this thread but by number only ;) weighed in today at 180.2 but that will change today … because I WILL NOT EAT ANY BREAD OR SWEETS AT ALL … I am making this promise to myself and I will take it one day at a time. I will get back to my ticker weight :)

Have a great day EVERYONE :hug:

tadaponce
12-26-2013, 07:38 PM
Hello all! Well my Christmas turned into a Christmas "week" and I ended up gaining 6lb (I'm sure a lot is water weight) So I am up to 182 as of this morning..(I lost 3lb of water weight in just one day..crazy!!) So I'm confident that I'll be back down under 180 in another day or two :dizzy: I love the holidays but I'm glad to be back on plan and have found my motivation!!! Here we go!! :carrot:

love2b150
12-27-2013, 02:01 AM
I'm still not in this thread but by number only ;) weighed in today at 180.2 but that will change today because I WILL NOT EAT ANY BREAD OR SWEETS AT ALL I am making this promise to myself and I will take it one day at a time. I will get back to my ticker weight :)

Well I lied to myself. I ran into a Popeye's and it took total control. I ate most of a large red beans and rice and a biscuit. So I don't expect to see 170 anything tomorrow :nono:

hamlette
12-27-2013, 08:55 AM
hello guyz, im back,,, with a 5 lb gain :( the wedding festivities and after dinners and everyone's admiration got the better of me and i cheated like anything,, im 183 lbs, but not leaving this thread and hoping i can get back on track right now and back to my ticker weight and lower,,, ive really been off track and feel guilty :( but it begins from today,,, back on plan!!

tadaponce
12-27-2013, 11:37 AM
hamlette: Don't worry about the weight gain! It's probably mostly water weight anyway!

I gained 6lb back and have already lost 5 in only TWO days! That's a crazy amount of water weight, just from a couple days of eating off plan due to the holidays! I am a firm believer in not always believing the scale...it's amazing how much water weight the body can hold on to!!

So this morning, I am back down to 180.2...hoping to take off the remainding bit of added water weight today and be back down to 179 tomorrow! Let's do this thing!!! :carrot:

hamlette
12-27-2013, 12:09 PM
Thanks for the encouragement tadaponce ,, its just that i ate a lot for 10 days straight so im ashamed of myself,,, that shows that i still need to work on creating better long term eating habits,,, its a bit depressing that i binged the moment the wedding was over,, but i shall despair no more!! like you said, let's do this thing! and soldier on :)

tadaponce
12-27-2013, 12:32 PM
hamlette: Keep in touch! Seems like we are pretty close in our weight loss journey (starting weight & current weight) We can do this!! :carrot:

love2b150
12-27-2013, 02:58 PM
Welcome back hamlette :)

weight up .2 this morning to 180.4. I plan to hit the treadmill today so that should help some as long as I can maintain some control afterwards

Have a great day Everyone :hug:

gymrat05
12-28-2013, 02:24 AM
179.4 today! Back in this thread officially (thankfully!).

love2b150
12-28-2013, 11:04 AM
gymrat me too :D :yay: for US :)

I weighed in at 180.2 then 180.4 and today 178.4 thanks to my friend Mr. Treadmill and lots of water :yay:
I need to lose one more pound to get to my ticker weight :crossed:

gymrat05
12-28-2013, 10:58 PM
Nice job love2b150!

I had a treadmill workout today. I'm changing up my workouts a big and doing pretty much straight weights 3 days a week and cardio 2-3 days. It's nice to break things up this way for a difference. And so far my results are going the right way ! (And I have not been eating great at all over the holidays!)

love2b150
12-29-2013, 12:32 AM
Thanks gymrat, :) me neither, smh. My eating has been so off up until yesterday. I did pretty well today also so hopefully the scale will be nice to me in the morning also :)

4 mile treadmill walk today burn 597 caloriesm but I didn't get all of my water in today …. not even close, smh

tadaponce
12-30-2013, 08:35 PM
How is everyone doing today?

Well weigh in day..and I'm at 179.2. Not too bad...I ate horrible over Christmas so I forgave myself and worked it off! 1lb to go until I'm back @ my ticker weight. I'm sure I will have another (small) bump in the road tomorrow night as it's New Years Eve....and well, who doesn't enjoy a little junk food and a drink or two. lol It's ok...I figure if I'm out of the 170s by the end of January then I'll be happy...but it's gonna take a lot of work. But hey..I have gotten this far! :D

gymrat05
12-30-2013, 09:26 PM
178.6 today. Feeling bloated, but happy with the number!

love2b150
12-30-2013, 10:58 PM
tadaponce, I'm doing ok :) got my fingers crossed that I hit my Thanksgiving/Christmas/New Years Eve goal of 175. I so want to see that number again. It's been a long time. You've done great :high: I'd like to be out of the 170's by the end of January but it's gonna take a ton of discipline and I can barely claim a little discipline ;) I finally got back to my ticker weight but as usual I screw up and it doesn't stick. I don't know when I am gonna admit to myself that carbs crave carbs. ok enough of my rant :( I hope we all have a nice weigh in on the first :crossed:

gymrat I've felt bloated off and on here lately. This morning I thought what if I could stick a pin in the balloon and let it out, lol :) Gotta find the funny in this journey ;)

weighed in at 176.6 this morning up .2 from yesterday thanks to all of the mess I ate yesterday, smh.

Better weigh in tomorrow I hope …

love2b150
12-31-2013, 07:32 AM
gymrat, I am definitely bloated this morning, smh. :( Hope our water weight goes away for tomorrow's weigh in :)

I'm up today 1.2lb to 177.8, but for the month I have loss 5.6lbs

Happy New Year Everyone :hug:

gymrat05
01-01-2014, 02:07 PM
I don't know what I'm doing, but I'm pretty much losing a little every day now. Normally I try really hard not to weigh in every day but I'm just amazed the number is going the way it is!

178.2 today (and I checked this *after* I'd eaten breakfast and had coffee so it might even be lower than that). I might check again after I workout because I find that when I don't have time to weigh in in the morning if I do so immediately after a sweaty workout the number is more or less the same.

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!

love2b150
01-01-2014, 02:51 PM
HAPPY NEW YEAR

179 this morning after eating Waffle House early early this morning up 1.2 from yesterday

PUPMOM5
01-01-2014, 03:18 PM
I'm retaining quite a bit of water today, but yesterday I was at 174.6. I am super hopeful that I might be in the 160s by Feb!

bethFromDayton
01-01-2014, 04:35 PM
I've bounced in and out of the 170s since September--and I want to stay in the 170s for a while--and never go about 180 again.

love2b150
01-01-2014, 06:27 PM
Beth, I'm too close to 180 so I'm with you :)

JenteIsving
01-02-2014, 04:45 AM
Happy New Year everyone!

I've been crazy busy those past couple of months - and since it seems that I can only focus on one project at a time, I've been in the 170s for... oh, ages! At least it feels like it's been that long.
So, my new goal for a brand-new year: learn how to "multitask" ;)
(Oh, yeah, and improve my English ;) )

That being said - I'd love to join you guys for (hopefully only) a little while.

hamlette
01-02-2014, 06:10 AM
181 lbs today!! come onnnn ticker weight!!!! glad to see that everyone is doing well,,, will be posting here more regularly from today since im done with all the guests and hosting :)

love2b150
01-02-2014, 07:33 PM
JenteIsving :welcome: to the thread :) Hope you move to the new decade soon :crossed:

hamlette I'm right here with you, weighing in at 180.4 today

bethFromDayton
01-02-2014, 10:33 PM
I've been weighing at in at 178.x the last few days--I really want to stay here--and that means really controlling myself this weekend when I'll have a houseful of people and food.

gymrat05
01-03-2014, 12:53 PM
So I think I've found the magic pill for weight loss!!! - Apparently it's a glass of wine every other night on vacation.

No, seriously, last night I had some wine and ate chips, chips. I never eat chips. I never buy chips but I did yesterday…

Weighed myself this morning feeling like for sure it would be up. 177.0. I lost 2.4lbs this week. W.T.F. It's both hilarious and confusing!

PUPMOM5
01-03-2014, 01:59 PM
My sodium bloat is gone now - back to 174.6. School/work starts again after next week and I worry if my exercise regimen will suffer once all the insanity comes back into my life. I've already started to plan out my obligations and see where I might be able to fit in gym time. :-/

love2b150
01-03-2014, 06:42 PM
Beth with you on control I need to keep the control so I can keep the scale moving. I want to be out of this decade once and for all, but not in the 180's ;)

gymrat good job on the 2.4lbs gone :high: maybe the wine kills the sodium :)

PUPMOM5 nice weigh in glad the sodium is gone :high:

I am down 3lbs of water to 177.4 … shows me what I can do if I just eat right :)

gymrat05
01-04-2014, 12:51 AM
love2b150 - Hahahah. I like that theory! Yay for losing water!

love2b150
01-04-2014, 01:06 AM
Thanks gymrat :)

SparklyBunny
01-04-2014, 06:29 AM
OK, so after a ton of Christmas eating I got as high as 184lbs (from 172-ish), which was simultaneously hilarious and scary. Just shows how much my body can fluctuate. Now I'm back to 175lbs. TOM is paying a visit, so I'm not sure how much that is affecting currently. Now I just don't feel like eating at all, so the other day, I didn't. I just literally stopped eating and then fasted for something like 40h. I must point out that it's not a punishment type of torturous thing for me. I just literally got fed up with food :-)

I knew this would happen, so it's not so shocking, but now I just have to actually start working after the holidays if I want to reach my goal before the summer.

love2b150
01-04-2014, 10:55 AM
SparklyBunny you fasted for 40 hours? I think that's great. I am fasting from a ton of things but not a whole fast so I applaud you.

I am down two more pounds of water … I have finally reached my pre-Thanksgiving goal and my pre-Christmas goal, which was to see 175 prior to the holidays This morning I weighed in at 175.4 … so happy to know my scale can show that number. TOM has come to visit me also but I think most of my bloat is gone since I spotted for 3 days before today

tadaponce
01-04-2014, 05:30 PM
Awesome job ladies! This morning I was 177.2...so I'm sure that I will be to my goal for the week of 176 by Monday (weigh in day) I have to say that it has been a challenge getting back in the swing of things...after not exercising for like a month..I am proud to say that I jogged 2 miles both yesterday and the day before yesterday. So I'm making progress again...just need to keep plugging along. Only 7 pounds left until my goal...but I think that I may change my goal to 160....I don't know, I'm undecided still. We'll see! Haha! :carrot:

love2b150
01-04-2014, 10:12 PM
Nice work tadaponce :high:

I'm making progress also, I hope to keep it going :) I have 6lbs to go to meet my next goal. We can do this :)

gymrat05
01-05-2014, 03:52 PM
178.0 today, was 179.2 yesterday (definitely sodium bloat coupled with not feeling great).

Today is my last day of vacation officially so I went out with a bang and tried the McDonald's poutine (that I've been craving for the last two weeks). Starting my new plan tomorrow.

love2b150
01-05-2014, 09:25 PM
gymrat good job on the 1.2lbs down :high:

I was down 1lb to 174.4 this morning

PostWeddingsmallsize
01-06-2014, 12:23 AM
173 after getting well I hope to knock out of the 170s within a month of working out again.

hamlette
01-06-2014, 11:40 AM
I keep saying I've started eating clean but get off track the next instant :( today was a successful on plan day thank goodness!! Still in the 180's.... going for a walk right now... Hopefully no other slip ups will happen

gymrat05
01-06-2014, 03:42 PM
177.6 today (and that's after I ate poutine with 1000+mg of sodium in it.) I'm on a different scale now, so I think I might actually be a bit lower than this because I usually weigh a little heavier on the scale at my apartment than on on the scale at my parents' house.

It's bitterly cold here and I don't think I'll be making it to the gym. Instead I will unpack my room and get myself ready for school tomorrow. I need a few groceries as well. I've relaxed a lot over Christmas and skipping the gym more than once or twice a week isn't tragic in my mind anymore. So I think that's good. I'm starting my new program today which is lots of baby steps being added together so it's nothing to strenuous right now.

Feeling good! I'm actually starting to imagine I *could* hit the 160s again. I've been in the 170s - and climbing - since September 2012, so being back in the 160s would be so sweet.

jitterfish
01-07-2014, 04:27 AM
Up and down, up and down, shesh losing weight sucks! Still, its dropping slowly so that is what I'm focused on. 175.4lb today. But I have a week of cakes and cookies ahead, give me strength!

love2b150
01-07-2014, 07:23 AM
172.6 this morning

gymrat05
01-08-2014, 03:51 PM
Back up to 179 today. Feeling *really* bloated and uncomfortable.

Edit: Just discovered a ton of extra sodium I've had in my diet the last few days. Grrr. That explains the bloat.

bethFromDayton
01-10-2014, 09:17 PM
I'm back into the 179.x range--this time, I am going to stay here. I don't have any challenges coming up for the next 2 weeks, so I just need to stay the course, and I'll be fine--and hopefully, permanently into the 170s, with the 180s far far far behind.

I'm concentrating on my next mini goal of 175 lbs--for some reason, that seems like a meaningful number to me!

love2b150
01-10-2014, 10:37 PM

jitterfish
01-13-2014, 03:37 AM
Glad to see we're all still here after the holiday period! I'm off on another holiday at the end of the week so have to try and stay on track while away argh! Hopefully I'll walk every day but while nice in theory the reality is usually that I get too lazy and eat too much -LOL-

173.7lb today, nice to be on the lower end of the 170s!

love2b150
01-13-2014, 07:44 AM
172.2 new low (this go around) I so want to see 170. Everytime I get close I go back up … let's hope I can make it this time :)

bethFromDayton
01-13-2014, 08:36 PM
Way to go jitterfish and love2b150--it's so encouraging to see people fighting their way OUT of the 170s!

I think I'm really finally here for good--I don't ever want to go above 180 again in my entire life ever ever ever ever again.

178.2 isn't as low as you two are, but I'm getting there!

Kitcherella
01-14-2014, 03:10 AM
:wave: Hello! I lost the holiday weight and I am back. Today 178.5 :cb:

love2b150
01-14-2014, 07:44 AM
thanks Beth, you can do it and you will :) because if I can we all can, I am a piece of work :dizzy:

Kitcherella way to go :)

new low 171.8

bethFromDayton
01-14-2014, 01:19 PM
I hit a new low this morning--176.4! I love visits from the whoosh fairy!

I'm trying to focus on today but I'm doing that "if I lose 2 lbs a week. I can weigh 150 by our cruise in May" thing--like that ever works. I do have a more realistic goal of 160 by then--and that would be amazing.

gymrat05
01-14-2014, 02:00 PM
Congrats everyone on the great weigh ins!

I want a visit from the Woosh Fairy!

tadaponce
01-14-2014, 02:47 PM
Hello all! It's been about a week since my last check in. This morning I was 177.4...annoying! I have been stuck at this number forever! It feels like the 170's are gonna last forever lol! Gonna be more disciplined in my diet and exercise and hope for the best. Gotta stay positive and know that these small "stalls" don't last forever and the scale will move eventually. ;)

Kitcherella
01-15-2014, 05:00 AM
the whoosh fairy is here too Beth 177 today! I am sending her your way Gymrat
:congrat: on the low love2b150

gymrat05
01-15-2014, 05:03 PM
Thanks Kitcherella! I'm bloated and whiney and hungry. BAH. No weight today, it's not worth the aggravation.

hhm6
01-15-2014, 05:57 PM
My ticker is off (I was 169 before the holidays!!!) I'm struggling to get back to that number and I don't know why but it is HARD!

I was 174 today though, so a lb lower than yesterday! It's something right? I think I need to be more active on this thread so I keep the motivation going. You guys are doing so great!!!

skutumpah
01-15-2014, 07:12 PM
I'm back in the 170s . . . barely! I'm with you Beth. 180s never ever ever ever ever again!:p

clare1991
01-16-2014, 03:27 PM
just signed up to this website because I have decided this is going to the year I get back to my ideal weight got a long way to go at 178 but ill start by aiming to be 169 by first of march.

love2b150
01-16-2014, 10:15 PM
Beth I think 150-160 is very doable by May :) I hope to be there also :)

gymrat I'd like a visit from the whoosh fairy also, or even a new lower number on the scale would be nice at this point :) I've been bloated also :(

tadaponce, good for you on the positivity :)

thanks Kitcherella :) good job on the whoosh :)

hhm, I did well on Dukan but couldn't stick with it … hope it's working well for you :) and a pound is something, keep up the good work :)

skutumpah, barely is still here, way to go :)

clare :wel3fc: and to the thread :)

172.2 for the second day

hhm6
01-17-2014, 05:50 PM
Beth I think 150-160 is very doable by May :) I hope to be there also :)

gymrat I'd like a visit from the whoosh fairy also, or even a new lower number on the scale would be nice at this point :) I've been bloated also :(

tadaponce, good for you on the positivity :)

thanks Kitcherella :) good job on the whoosh :)

hhm, I did well on Dukan but couldn't stick with it hope it's working well for you :) and a pound is something, keep up the good work :)

skutumpah, barely is still here, way to go :)

clare :wel3fc: and to the thread :)

172.2 for the second day

I've made some major adjustments to the diet, it isn't 100% Dukan, but I lost my first 30lbs from it! So far it's ok though, was 173 today!! =)

love2b150
01-17-2014, 06:44 PM
hhm it worked for me while I was doing it, so I would love to hear how you've tweaked it … if you don't want to share on the thread, feel free to PM me, thanks :)

I'm down .2 to 172

tadaponce
01-17-2014, 06:48 PM
Think I need to up my protein...but so hungry lately without a real reason why. Good news is I was down to 175.6 today...so we're getting somwhere! (although I was 174.8 the day before..I hate water weight!) So I'm hoping to be down to 174.0 by weigh in on Monday..we shall see! Good work everyone!! Hope yall have a great weekend!!!

love2b150
01-17-2014, 10:41 PM
tadaponce, I know what you mean by water weight. I have seen 171.8 twice and each time I think I'm doing well and will possibly move down to the next decade, here comes the water. I hope we all move to the next decade before February :crossed: Hope you have a great weekend also :)

bethFromDayton
01-17-2014, 10:52 PM
Hey everyone!

I'm hanging out at 177 -- a few ounces above, a few ounces below. I'm doing well food-wise, but need to work on getting some exercise. (I hate winter)

My husband was folding clothes the other day and my jeans were mixed in with his--he thought they were our daughter's--he's not used to my pants being that size! (daughter's are smaller than mine, though)

love2b150
01-17-2014, 11:35 PM
Beth, that's a great NSV, :high: I would have been grinning from ear to ear :)

hhm6
01-18-2014, 04:20 AM
hhm it worked for me while I was doing it, so I would love to hear how you've tweaked it if you don't want to share on the thread, feel free to PM me, thanks :)

I'm down .2 to 172

Of course! To be honest, I felt like Dukan was VERY strict with their limits on what I could eat (and how I could eat), so basically when I started I did the all protein phase to boost your weight loss, I would do it 4 day intervals. I actually did this quite a few times maybe 4x while I was on Dukan. For the next phase, I ate clean (veggies and protein) but I allowed myself to have sauces like siriracha and blue agave honey on cottage cheese. For me personally, having those little condiments (even though they're calorie packed) really really helped me curb cravings for things like brownies/cake/anything sugar loaded. So I managed to stay on the diet for a while longer, I felt like it was better than going cold turkey. I also ran a mile a day for about 2 months. So you can see it's no really Dukan (I did eat oat bran daily though actually sometimes it was 2x day). There was a point where I was losing continuously that I almost became obsessed with eating healthy, then came October =(

I'm having a rough start this time again, I always hate restarting though. I feel the need to hide snacks, and I also find myself saying "well with how i eat (on dukan) this brownie still keeps me under my calorie limit, so its ok" and then it begins this awful cycle. Did you follow the diet well when you were on it? I feel like I should try it the real way but going cold turkey seems SO hard now!! I feel like I got to a comfort zone, got cocky, now it's coming back to haunt me.

Anyway, sorry for the novel!! I get carried away sometimes in posts! Would love to hear how you did on Dukan!!

love2b150
01-18-2014, 09:44 AM
hhm I am a chatter box so talk/chat away :). I followed it to the letter in the beginning which was really hard because I don't like a lot of things. Then when I started to tweak it (like you) ... adding a thing or two to help me through it the thread I was on had one post-er that thought it was her job to critique every thing I did like she had all of the answers … so when I left the thread I kind of gave it up and didn't look back. I always do really well when I restart, it's sticking with it once I lose like 10-12lbs that I've had a hard time doing. So I know what you mean about getting cocky, I've done that more times than I care to count. :dizzy: We started going to the gym on 10/13 and I weighed 190.8 today I weigh 172.2 so down 18.6 but I chalk that up to not eating any breads, rice, potatoes, sweets and pasta at all. Are you hiding the snacks so that you don't eat them or hiding them because you want them out of sight? I think I am almost out of the snacking stage this time. The only thing that I want is potato chips but they aren't allowed because I am not allowing myself to have snacks. Now I did have some Cosmos creation cinnamon crunch that my son-in-law gave me. They are a snack but they don't leave you wanting more (craving). Non-GMO corn, gluten free, with all natural ingredients that we can pronounce (read that on the bag) :D

bethFromDayton
01-18-2014, 04:11 PM
Another visit from the whoosh fairy (which [TMI] corresponds to the bathroom).

I was 175.0 this morning--and it is very exciting for me to start seeing the scale head downwards again after being hovering around 178-183 since mid August!

love2b150
01-18-2014, 04:26 PM
Beth great job and not TMI, it is what it is :)

gymrat05
01-18-2014, 07:43 PM
TOM showed up a little early. 177.6 today and *wicked* cramps.

love2b150
01-18-2014, 09:55 PM
gymrat sorry about the cramps hope you don't have them long :hug:

gymrat05
01-19-2014, 12:07 PM
Thanks love2b. I usually get them pretty badly for the first few days thanks to my PCOS. Happy to see the water weight come down though. I was like *why* am I so bloated?

hhm6
01-19-2014, 03:40 PM
hhm I am a chatter box so talk/chat away :). I followed it to the letter in the beginning which was really hard because I don't like a lot of things. Then when I started to tweak it (like you) ... adding a thing or two to help me through it the thread I was on had one post-er that thought it was her job to critique every thing I did like she had all of the answers so when I left the thread I kind of gave it up and didn't look back. I always do really well when I restart, it's sticking with it once I lose like 10-12lbs that I've had a hard time doing. So I know what you mean about getting cocky, I've done that more times than I care to count. :dizzy: We started going to the gym on 10/13 and I weighed 190.8 today I weigh 172.2 so down 18.6 but I chalk that up to not eating any breads, rice, potatoes, sweets and pasta at all. Are you hiding the snacks so that you don't eat them or hiding them because you want them out of sight? I think I am almost out of the snacking stage this time. The only thing that I want is potato chips but they aren't allowed because I am not allowing myself to have snacks. Now I did have some Cosmos creation cinnamon crunch that my son-in-law gave me. They are a snack but they don't leave you wanting more (craving). Non-GMO corn, gluten free, with all natural ingredients that we can pronounce (read that on the bag) :D

Oh I don't like like when post-ers do that! It's always discouraging, and in the end you have to do what works for you! But that's great that you followed so diligently, even at the start I was tweeking it! I am a little discouraged though, right now I feel as almost my body is used to eating the "dukan" way, but who knows! I have a wedding to go to in April and I have a lot of relatives in the motherland who say hurtful things about my weight, I'm using that as motivation to get me through this, but still something is clearly lacking this time :(

Oh and I always hide snacks so my family doesn't see that I'm eating them. I know it's awful!! I really need to change those habits!

love2b150
01-19-2014, 09:33 PM
hhm, I find that with family the ones that always have a comment about my weight don't look the best themselves. The bulk of my friends are over-weight also, when I go on my weight loss journeys they have been my biggest cheerleaders, next to my virtual friends here on 3FC. No one can beat the people I've befriended on here. You all are the greatest. :hug: I have five children so I think I have reason to be flabby (though I could have gotten it together before it got this bad) but I never had an issue with my weight until some life changing, eye opening things happened in my life. Now I want better for me and so far 2013 has been the first year that I had been about 85% dedicated. I am hoping to make 2014 the year to Get it right. Get the weight off. Get off the medication for diabetes and feel good in my own body overall. I know I can do it, I just HAVE to STAY focused. No one can do it but me. I need to tell myself this and believe it. I use to tell the family to watch me if I went into the kitchen and into the pantry now I don't need them to, I am watching myself. I know if I eat in secret it will be a all out binge and I will give up. For me all it takes is one time and then it will happen the next day and so on. So I applaud you, though not good, if you can eat a snack in secret and not fall off the wagon give yourself a pat on the back. That is a plus in my book :) Your body may be use to it, maybe shake things up a little and add something every 3 or 4 days and see what happens. Maybe just add that secret snack and count it in and see how you fair. I know I did calorie cycling for a bit and it definitely worked. It was hard however to eat all of the calories on the high days but I got as close as I could. You'll figure it out :)

gymrat05
01-21-2014, 01:30 AM
177.2 today. This bloating crisis seems to have ended…for this month.

love2b150
01-21-2014, 09:01 PM
gymrat glad the bloating is over :yay: Nice weigh in :) I had to get something to relieve mine along with the gas and constipation. So I should be fine for a while :)

CoolMom75
01-22-2014, 03:08 PM
It took some searching but I finally found the 170s thread. :D

I'm 179 today and will probably still float up to 180 a time or two this week but I am determined to be done with the 180s. Over the holidays I lost some focus and white-knuckled my way back but it doesn't feel so difficult now. Progress should pick back up now!

love2b150
01-22-2014, 07:14 PM
Zoe :welcome: to the new decade :)

I weighed in at 169.8 this morning. I doubt if it will stick though. My calorie were short by almost 500 yesterday … I had stomach issues and didn't eat anything last night. I just drank water and green tea so I expect a gain tomorrow. It was great seeing that 6 though :D

gymrat05
01-23-2014, 03:15 PM
Official weigh in tomorrow. Hoping to be under 177!

CoolMom75
01-23-2014, 06:26 PM
179.2 today, so my second day in the 170s. Today is also a fast day (doing 5:2) so there's no turning back now!

love2b150
01-23-2014, 10:41 PM
gymrat :crossed: for ya :)

Zoe good job on day two :high:

My 160's didn't stick. I was up .6 this morning to 170.4 … If I have a good weigh in tomorrow I'll change my ticker :crossed:

CoolMom75
01-23-2014, 10:54 PM
My 160's didn't stick. I was up .6 this morning to 170.4 If I have a good weigh in tomorrow I'll change my ticker :crossed:

Fingers crossed for you! You'll be out of here just when I arrived. Hopefully i can meet you in the 160s soon.

love2b150
01-24-2014, 07:48 AM
Thanks Zoe :)

I am down .4 to 170.0. We will definitely see each other in the next decade :)

Looking4PotOfGold
01-24-2014, 04:11 PM
Wow - I was away from posting for a long while!

Christmas was very tough for me... it started with treats in my office that were too good to resist! Than I went on an all inclusive trip to mexico for a week where I definitely ate my fair share....

Surprisingly I only gained 2 lbs throughout the whole season and I have since lost the weight and am back on track!

I felt like Christmas was a hurdle... I think I always knew that I wouldn't be able to say no to all the goodies, nor did I want too...

Now that Christmas is over, I finally feel like the halfway point of my journey is behind me and there is a clear path to the end of my journey -- summer. As it is now, my new adjusted goal date is June 11th, 2014. Which gives me about a month extra before my next vacation - VEGAS!!

... all I have to say is that I had a great Christmas, those white chocolate almond covered sour cherry cookies were worth it! lol, but what is more satisfying is the feeling that I have because I am back on track!

Thanks for starting the new 170's thread! I have read your posts and they are inspiring! :carrot:

love2b150
01-24-2014, 08:22 PM
:welcome: back Looking4

gymrat05
01-25-2014, 08:38 PM
176.2. Woooohoooo.

love2b150
01-25-2014, 08:40 PM
gymrat :yay: YOU :high:

CoolMom75
01-26-2014, 02:41 PM
178 today. My weight is creeping in the right direction.

Looking4, the holidays were a hurdle for a lot of us. All of my 3FC threads got quiet. It was kinda funny actually to know I wasn't alone. Yay for being back on track!

hamlette
01-27-2014, 03:08 AM
Finally back to my ticker weight after a month of struggling with food. .. ive lost my regain, can't believe it. ... soooooooooooo happy :D only downwards from here now!!!!

love2b150
01-29-2014, 07:34 PM
Zoe creeping is good, slow and steady :)

hamlette :yay: for you :)

hamlette
01-30-2014, 12:37 PM
Thank you love2be150!!! :)

hamlette
02-04-2014, 08:05 AM
Down to 176.4... it's our wedding anniversary today so we are going to our favorite restaurant. .. water weight will be all over the place tomorrow but im not going to bother about that and just make sensible choices and enjoy myself today :D

hhm6
02-04-2014, 05:14 PM
175 today-no loss but no gain so that's good!

love2b150
02-04-2014, 10:18 PM
I have been in the 160's for a few days and today I weighed in at 170.4, I have got to get it together

hamlette
02-05-2014, 04:38 PM
Had a lovely anniversary dinner yesterday but paying the price today :( severe stomach cramps and nausea all day. Feel like crap. Heavy outside food does not agree with my stomach any more plus my stomsch has shrunk and the portions were huge. Feel awful. Back on track frm today. Perhaps cheating has stopped agreeing with me.

hhm6
02-05-2014, 06:29 PM
174 today!! 1lb gone! Yay!! I want to invest in a digital scale so I can have decimal numbers like some of you guys =)

hhm6
02-06-2014, 05:21 PM
sad I was back up at 175 today, and I ate so well!!! :( Work with me scale! I just have to say the 170s have been the hardest number range to get out of, I remember seeing 169 months ago, but I cut my calories severely and worked out like I was getting paid for it. It was unrealistic to keep up with and everything (and holidays) so it bounced back. :(

Looking4PotOfGold
02-07-2014, 11:11 AM
I just have to say the 170s have been the hardest number range to get out of

I completely agree! I am still hovering at the same weight... no movement for this girl.

I was doing well... for about a week... than I got stressed out and hurt my neck etc. I've come up with every excuse in the rule book! At this point I am happy that I am not moving up...

I'm not too sure what my new strategy will be. I seem to be getting comfortable at my current weight. I definitely know I want to loose more, so I just have to keep plugging away at this. I do think this decade is really hard to get out of, because I feel comfortable at this weight... I feel "normal" size... I can shop at regular clothing stores and things look great! So that translates into less discipline with my weight loss. ...

I seem to do better when I find time to get on the treadmill. I was running 5k three times a week. Lately I have only been doing my run once every two weeks.... so needless to say, I cannot run 5 k in the same time that I used to be able too. My fastest time was in October. That was also the last time I was able to run outside. I absolutely hate the cold... it has been in the -40 degree Celsius range (with windchill) pretty much since Christmas... there were a couple freak days where it was near zero... but it was too muddy and snowy to run outside on those days.

So, I guess my strategy for this weekend will be to take back some control and say No a little more often than I have been. Also, I want to go for a run tomorrow morning.

I'll try to be better at posting too.. haha.. I just hope I am not an empty promise girl this week!

Best of luck to the rest of you this weekend :)

hamlette
02-07-2014, 02:09 PM
I've been struggling in the 170's as well.... went upto 178 due to all that salt from restaurant food... down to 177 today but again stuffed myself with crisps, soda, cheesecake and Ice Cream. .... I don't know why I keep sabotaging my efforts..... im going to weigh in on 1st March now. .. the fact that I know I won't be using a scale and the only way to know I'm doing well is by tracking my food intake might just keep me in check. .... good luck to you all!!!!

hhm6
02-07-2014, 05:54 PM
Glad I'm not alone here, I was 173 today!! I usually don't change my ticker unless I've seen the number two days straight (make sure it's not a fluke)

So I'm excited! but scared it's just water weight. It's def motivation to not get off plan though!

I am still not comfortable at my weight :( I've lost 25 lbs but still haven't gone down a size, people don't really "see" the difference yet, everything fits the same!! (wahhh!!! I hate that!) maybe a tad bit loose but nothing shopping worthy. Honestly clothes are the most exciting thing for me, I've always dressed kind of boring since clothes made for larger girls are such ugly patterns, or if they're nice they're more expensive than what i can afford.

LOL, sorry for the mini rant above! But man the 170s are really kicking my butt!! Hope everyone has a good week, I'm hoping to be EXTREMELY diligent this weekend. I had a pattern of restarting every weekend, I'm making all my meals tonight and freezing them so I don't have to look for them, or have time to ponder cheating vs staying on plan!

love2b150
02-11-2014, 09:20 PM
well my 160's didn't last but it was good to see them :) I have weighed in at 171.8 for two days ... I have got to get a grip before I end up back at the high end of 190, :nono:

jaimie1980
02-12-2014, 10:18 PM
178.6 today. Been jumping in and out of the 170's for a bit now. Hope to be out of them by end of March. Glad to have found a more active 170's thread! Ya!!

PaulaH
02-13-2014, 06:08 PM
Something told me to get on the scale today ~ugh~ 172. I had been maintaining in the low to mid 160's for all of last year, until holidays. Now I've go to get rid of these 10 lbs.

thirti4thirty
02-14-2014, 12:23 AM
Hi there!
176 as of today. I'll be in this thread till next month.

DLS1
02-14-2014, 09:33 AM
I must admit I've only just gotten into the 170's today, and I'm thrilled to bits:D. 178.2 :carrot: Every weight "decade" is a milestone for me.:)

hhm6
02-14-2014, 05:11 PM
175 today-so annoyed with this number, just leave me already!! Happy Friday everyone =)

Looking4PotOfGold
02-14-2014, 06:46 PM
I've lost 25 lbs but still haven't gone down a size, people don't really "see" the difference yet, everything fits the same!!

I lost a total of 30 lbs before anyone mentioned anything to me ...lol so you are 5 lbs away I promise!

So I am still in the same spot I was last week, maybe even up a pound. I am fooling myself thinking that if I don't "officially" get weighed in, than I didn't actually put on anything extra... than I try real hard for a few days and get back to my starting point, than I go in to the clinic to weigh in. Basically all this has left me in is the same place I was last week. Wash, rinse, repeat cycle so to speak... lol.

Ahhh.. motivation where are you??

thirti4thirty
02-15-2014, 02:52 AM
175 today. It's a total YAY!!!! I've been waiting for it for so long.
I use a scale that shows weight in Kg, so that means that in kilos I'm changing "decades". I was in the 80s and now I'm in the 70s.
It also marks my 10th pound lost. YAY!!! :cp::cp::cp:
I'm so happy.
However I have a social gathering this weekend and there will be family, friends and food. How I'm going to manage in order to keep myself in check.
"Food for thought". lol
HAVE A NICE WEEKEND Y'ALL!!!!
DETERMINED NOT TO GAIN ANYTHING BACK:jig:

thirti4thirty
02-18-2014, 08:40 AM
Seems like there isn't a lot of 170ers.
Anyway, I managed through the deadly combo weekend. I didn't gain, I lost. 174.8 day. YAY!!!

donijo23
02-18-2014, 11:27 AM
I finally get to be a member of this thread!!! Weighed in today at WW!!!!! :dance:

02/04/14: 186.6
02/11/14: 181.2 -5.4lbs
02/18/14: 178.6 -2.6lbs

:df:

thirti4thirty
02-18-2014, 12:59 PM
Welcome Donijo. Well done!

donijo23
02-18-2014, 02:27 PM
Thank you! I am so happy! :df:

CoolMom75
02-18-2014, 03:02 PM
Unbelievably, I am still creeping in the high 170s and even staying on plan, a stressful work weekend and starting weight lifting has bumped me up to 180 with water retention. Fingers crossed the weight training will be the boost I need.

toodles11
02-20-2014, 12:38 AM
I have been stuck in the high 170s since November. I totally acknowledge that it's my fault. I will lose 3-4lbs, get lazy with my diet & exercise, gain it back, lose it, gain it, and continue in this cycle where I stay the same weight for months on end while half-assing my effort when if I would just stay dedicated I could make some awesome progress.

I am really REALLY WANTING to get out of the 170s by April 1.

thirti4thirty
02-20-2014, 05:51 AM
173.9 this morning. PURE BLISS:dance::dance::dance:

hhm6
02-20-2014, 03:58 PM
173.9 this morning. PURE BLISS:dance::dance::dance:

woot!! I can't wait to see 173 anything!!! Was 174 today after a week!! I've been eating really clean too, hope it pays off!!

skutumpah
02-20-2014, 04:25 PM
After a challenging Valentine's weekend, I am back on track and weighing in at 174. I was at 171 before Valentine's . . . but I'm not discouraged! Just need to keep the sweets to a minimum, and be more mindful about them. So toodles, your scenario is sounding familiar to me.

I've started following some healthy recipe/fitness Instagram accounts, because I love Instagram and check it all too often. Trying to avoid body-shaming ones--keeping to the positive! We'll see if it helps me keep my focus.

gymrat05
02-20-2014, 08:11 PM
175.4 after workout today after a crazy couple of weeks.

hhm6
02-21-2014, 04:13 PM
174 again today, second day in a row, soooo that means ticker gets changed finally!!

love2b150
02-22-2014, 08:19 PM
thanks to my screw up and still eating like it's my daughters birthday I am back to 171 today, smh. I had been in the high 160's for 9 days but couldn't get away from 168-169. I'm hoping to kick myself back into gear and be back in the 160's soon :crossed:

Mad Donnelly
02-23-2014, 03:11 AM
Zoomed from 179 to 175 pretty quickly, so I can't complain. But I was really hoping to zip the whole way through pretty quickly also. Anything starting with a 1 and a 6 would be awesome.

Been low carbing since October, running since middle of January, and weight lifting for 2 weeks. I feel like I'm not losing anything in my belly. Maybe a half an inch but I'm not confident I'm measuring consistently. I've been so determined and haven't eaten off plan, but this week is kicking my tush.

thirti4thirty
02-23-2014, 04:56 AM
173.5 today. I'm okay with that, given how much I pigged out for the past 2 days.

thirti4thirty
02-24-2014, 03:10 AM
172.6 today. I'm grateful. Perseverance pays. Imma be changing decades pretty soon.:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

hhm6
02-24-2014, 03:47 PM
171 today!!!!! I'm so excited!! I could almost *feel* it today, my stomach seemed more flat (still not flat by any means!) but def smaller, ahh!!

I hope it sticks around tomorrow because then I get to change my ticker!!!

skutumpah
02-24-2014, 10:37 PM
170 today! Can't wait to see you all in the 160s!

gymrat05
02-24-2014, 11:58 PM
Wow, so many of you are closing in on the 160s! Congrats! The 170s are **** for me.

hhm6
02-25-2014, 12:35 AM
Wow, so many of you are closing in on the 160s! Congrats! The 170s are **** for me.

Gymrat- the 170s seriously kicked my butt!!! I'm so over them!! I still don't know if i'm going to leave it soon, I ALWAYS get close and them BAM it shoots up. I hope it doesn't this time though.

Good luck everyone!!! as long as it's not a gain it's good news to me :carrot:

qtee
02-25-2014, 09:27 AM
This morning I weighed in at 173.9..this is the lowest that I've been since having children 18 years ago.. Before I had my son I weighed between 130-140..after he was born, my lowest was 175 my highest was 206..I'm excited..

hhm6
02-25-2014, 04:20 PM
This morning I weighed in at 173.9..this is the lowest that I've been since having children 18 years ago.. Before I had my son I weighed between 130-140..after he was born, my lowest was 175 my highest was 206..I'm excited..

Omg that's so exciting gtee!!! 160 is my lowest recorded weight (when I was 16 and got my driver's license!) so I can't weight to be less than that!!

I was 171 again today, so I'm finally going to change my ticker!! Can't wait to be out of the 170s, they have NOT been good to me!

thirti4thirty
02-26-2014, 03:45 AM
This morning I weighed in at 173.9..this is the lowest that I've been since having children 18 years ago.. Before I had my son I weighed between 130-140..after he was born, my lowest was 175 my highest was 206..I'm excited.. :bravo::bravo::bravo: qtee. You did a tremendous job!!

172.4 today, despite TOM. BLISS!

TheFinalFifteen
02-26-2014, 12:53 PM
When one door closes another one opens .... I finally dared to cruise this thread as I weighed in this morning at 179 :-) Looks like as all of your graduates move on, I am settling in for a nice visit :)

Congrats to everyone who has found so much success here! I look forward to passing through!

hhm6
02-26-2014, 04:14 PM
OMG, 170 today!!! Praying it sticks around tomorrow. I'm a little sniffly so I don't think I can get in my usual workout routine, but hopefully a short walk or something!!

thirti4thirty
02-27-2014, 03:58 AM
When one door closes another one opens .... I finally dared to cruise this thread as I weighed in this morning at 179 :-) Looks like as all of your graduates move on, I am settling in for a nice visit :)

Congrats to everyone who has found so much success here! I look forward to passing through!

Congrats and welcome!!!

hhm6 You're leaving our circle soon. Congrats on that!!!

Today it's a whooping 171.9 for ME (With TOM still in!)! YAY!!!:yay::yay::yay:

tefrey
02-27-2014, 11:25 AM
177 ... so close to my next milestone of out of obese. But I am running now, more each week, and I think I am putting on some muscle. I am aso ifting weights, doing yoga, and other workout classes. I definitely look more toned ... even if the scale is moving slowly these days.

CoolMom75
02-27-2014, 02:30 PM
177 ... so close to my next milestone of out of obese. But I am running now, more each week, and I think I am putting on some muscle. I am aso ifting weights, doing yoga, and other workout classes. I definitely look more toned ... even if the scale is moving slowly these days.

That's wonderful Tefrey! I'm excited to get out of "obese" range too. I have started lifting weights and am curious how you are liking yoga? Every time I have tried it I feel my bulk gets in the way of fully participating. My stomach, specifically. But then I see people I know talking about going to yoga and they are bigger so wth is my problem? LOL Pilates was fun and kicked my butt back in the day.

Eta my update! I saw 175 again but am 176.6 today. I looked over my weight loss history and am averaging 10 pounds every THREE months. Painfully slow but consistent. I finally started the weight lifting I had been thinking about for months, two weeks ago. Too soon to see if weight loss speeds up as a result. Fingers crossed!

hhm6
02-27-2014, 05:05 PM
170 again today!!! I haven't been this weight since the end of last year!! I've got a nasty cold though, so no exercise until then, have to be really careful with calories.

Thanks thirty!!!! The 170s have NOT been nice to me, so I will really thankful if I get it off soon!

Looking4PotOfGold
02-28-2014, 11:15 AM
Hi all,

I started the insanity workout program last Saturday and today is my first rest day. I am so proud that I finished the first week of training and I didn't skip a beat. I really enjoy the workouts because I can do them at home and they are not too too bad. I've done my fair share of circuit training, and I must admit that I really do like the insanity workouts, the time seems to fly by.

So, since I've been rocking the workouts, I convinced myself that it would be ok to eat off program... I had cookies, pizza, ribs, chocolate bars, a big cinnamon bun, a piece of fatty bacon and the list goes on... now that I am typing all the bad food I ate in the last week, I really feel embarrassed by how much I went overboard.

So you are probably wondering what my weigh-in on Wednesday was like.... I went up 4 lbs... :( I was devastated. I heard somewhere that loosing weight is 70% what you eat, 20% how much exercise you do, and 10% genetics...
I learned my lesson the hard way. I started a 2 day kick start program yesterday and will be weighing in again tonight.

I want my work-outs to count for something... I want them to complement my diet and bring me strength. I am determined to finish the insanity program, and I need to find the same determination to eat on program. I hope that the 4 lb jump in the scale will always be in the back of my mind as a reminder.

... Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend :)

hhm6
02-28-2014, 04:03 PM
Hi all,

I started the insanity workout program last Saturday and today is my first rest day. I am so proud that I finished the first week of training and I didn't skip a beat. I really enjoy the workouts because I can do them at home and they are not too too bad. I've done my fair share of circuit training, and I must admit that I really do like the insanity workouts, the time seems to fly by.

So, since I've been rocking the workouts, I convinced myself that it would be ok to eat off program... I had cookies, pizza, ribs, chocolate bars, a big cinnamon bun, a piece of fatty bacon and the list goes on... now that I am typing all the bad food I ate in the last week, I really feel embarrassed by how much I went overboard.

So you are probably wondering what my weigh-in on Wednesday was like.... I went up 4 lbs... :( I was devastated. I heard somewhere that loosing weight is 70% what you eat, 20% how much exercise you do, and 10% genetics...
I learned my lesson the hard way. I started a 2 day kick start program yesterday and will be weighing in again tonight.

I want my work-outs to count for something... I want them to complement my diet and bring me strength. I am determined to finish the insanity program, and I need to find the same determination to eat on program. I hope that the 4 lb jump in the scale will always be in the back of my mind as a reminder.

... Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend :)

I have been there too!! It's rough, but maybe a portion of those 4 lbs is water weight?? Are you sore from Insanity? Kudos to you btw!! I did it for two days, and never went back, mostly because it really really hurt my knees, but I love the momentum it had!! Keeps it interesting!

I weighed in today at 170lbs again, hopefully it drops but this week was the first time in months that I saw a whoosh happen!

thirti4thirty
03-01-2014, 03:13 AM
171.5 this morning. TOM still around and doesn't want to leave! I'm still losing though.

thirti4thirty
03-02-2014, 05:00 AM
171.0 this morning!! I'm satisfied.

donijo23
03-02-2014, 10:51 AM
So worried that my week in the hospital hurt me weight wise :(
I have decided that even if I weigh in at the 180's I am going to stay here because I know I will be back! I guess I will know Tuesday.

:bravo:Congratulations to all those that are losing!

02/25/14: not able to weigh in this week
03/04/14:

thirti4thirty
03-03-2014, 03:49 AM
Who weighed in at 170.6 this morning? IT'S ME!
Who WILL be leaving this board soon? STILL ME!
Wot wot wot!:cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

hhm6
03-03-2014, 02:10 PM
So worried that my week in the hospital hurt me weight wise :(
I have decided that even if I weigh in at the 180's I am going to stay here because I know I will be back! I guess I will know Tuesday.

:bravo:Congratulations to all those that are losing!

03/04/14:

It's always hard when you get sick :( But important thing is that you're feeling better. I always stick around these threads even if I gain (it makes me feel better) so I totally get you!!

Who weighed in at 170.6 this morning? IT'S ME!
Who WILL be leaving this board soon? STILL ME!
Wot wot wot!:cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

Yayy!!! You're doing amazing!!

I weighed 171 today, but I ate crap yesterday but not enough to gain weight, so I'm assuming it's some water weight from the carbs and sugar I had. I went to a family party this weekend and had so many people tell me I lost weight! It was so awesome, definitely getting the push I need to get this weight off, it usually never happens with my extended family :carrot:

Hopefully it goes away tomorrow, 160s I need to see you soon!!

Looking4PotOfGold
03-03-2014, 02:11 PM
hhm6 - Thanks for the support :)

My weigh in on Friday night went well.. lost 2.6 of those lbs... so still slightly up. Someone in the insanity forum posted that your muscles will retain water after working out for awhile... so maybe that was part of the cause.

I do like the insanity workouts!... I did miss two days though :( Sunday and this morning... I was feeling a little overwhelmed with work + babysitting my 1 yr old nephew (who is on a screaming bender). Plus my DH (.. I know this means partner, but I actually can't figure out what the acronym means.. haha) rented movies last night. So I chose to have a 7 hour sleep instead of a 6 hour sleep.. that is why I missed this morning.

I love the program though, and will not make a habit of this.

Ciao for now :)

hhm6
03-04-2014, 03:21 AM
hhm6 - Thanks for the support :)

My weigh in on Friday night went well.. lost 2.6 of those lbs... so still slightly up. Someone in the insanity forum posted that your muscles will retain water after working out for awhile... so maybe that was part of the cause.

I do like the insanity workouts!... I did miss two days though :( Sunday and this morning... I was feeling a little overwhelmed with work + babysitting my 1 yr old nephew (who is on a screaming bender). Plus my DH (.. I know this means partner, but I actually can't figure out what the acronym means.. haha) rented movies last night. So I chose to have a 7 hour sleep instead of a 6 hour sleep.. that is why I missed this morning.

I love the program though, and will not make a habit of this.

Ciao for now :)

Haha I think it's "dear husband"? I had to look it up because until 3fc, I never heard of the dh acronym lol!

I'm glad it went down! and you are correct! Everytime I take a long break from exercise and get back on it, it takes a few days for my weight to come down, but that's ok with me, as long as it isn't fat weight lol.

I'm so bad today I was starving while I was at the store today, and of course while I'm waiting in line I see the hostess section and it was cupcakes, twinkies, and swiss rolls, I ended up buying the twinkies since it had the lowest calories (and i stayed within my calorie limit) but i just know im going to have some water retention now!! I always do when I eat refined sugar the day before UGHHH why!!!

It didn't even taste good, I wasn't satisfied, so annoying. OK rant over!! What do you guys eat to satisfy a sweet tooth? I can't eat fruit, it does nothing for me and 90% I get weird allergic reactions to it (mouth feels like it's getting smaller/or tongue getting bigger lol) so I keep away from fruit. I need to get this under control.

thirti4thirty
03-04-2014, 03:46 AM
Haha I think it's "dear husband"? I had to look it up because until 3fc, I never heard of the dh acronym lol!

I'm glad it went down! and you are correct! Everytime I take a long break from exercise and get back on it, it takes a few days for my weight to come down, but that's ok with me, as long as it isn't fat weight lol.

I'm so bad today I was starving while I was at the store today, and of course while I'm waiting in line I see the hostess section and it was cupcakes, twinkies, and swiss rolls, I ended up buying the twinkies since it had the lowest calories (and i stayed within my calorie limit) but i just know im going to have some water retention now!! I always do when I eat refined sugar the day before UGHHH why!!!

It didn't even taste good, I wasn't satisfied, so annoying. OK rant over!! What do you guys eat to satisfy a sweet tooth? I can't eat fruit, it does nothing for me and 90% I get weird allergic reactions to it (mouth feels like it's getting smaller/or tongue getting bigger lol) so I keep away from fruit. I need to get this under control.
Oops sorry! haha, at least you now know that next time twinkies won't help your sweet tooth. Fortunately for me I get my sweet tooth crisis only occasionally (especially right before TOM). Fruit juices and sweet beverage do. At times I binge on chocolatey biscuits too. Once in a month won't kill. lol
So so so weighing in at 171.2 this morning :stress::stress: But hey it's perfectly deserved. I pigged yesterday, ate and ate fried food and starchy carbs. hmmm! I gotta be careful today. I'm going to be very active. I want to get to the 160s!!!!

donijo23
03-04-2014, 11:18 AM
I was so worried that I had gained due to being in the hospital...
I went to WW to weigh in and I lost 2.4 lbs!!!! Not only that but I hit 5% of my goal weight!!!!!!! :dance:

I'm so excited! I am still having a hard time fitting in exercise when I am working, so I have decided to just give my self more more things to do when I am at home (yard work and extra house stuff) to get me off my tush.

03/04/14: 176.2 -2.4lbs

:df: