Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2003, 05:08 PM   #1  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Default Low-Carb Summer Sizzle #47

Well starting up this thread to be the focus of the weight loss:

Although today was not the ideal of OPness I need to get this shook so I do not fall in to the typical pitfalls of falling down.

Shake off where I am and get back OP!!
Old 07-07-2003, 11:44 PM   #2  
Squishy mom, not 4 long!

Hello Ladies! I have wonderful news to report but also questions. Today was an awesome day for me...I was totally on plan! NO CARBS...well that is if a lemon is not a carb. I am not sure but I ate a lemon to settle my sweet tooth. I don't know what to eat for my sweet tooth. Yesterday I tried really hard but failed miserably and I figured well let's just try again. This was what I ate today.

Breakfast: 2 chicken fajita taquitos without the tortillas and a bottle of water.

Lunch: 2 hamburger patties NO buns with cheese with a diet coke

Dinner: 6 swedish meatballs, diet coke, and a lemon for my evening snack.

However I know my meals look pretty pathetic I was never hungry and it was only until the evening that my sweet tooth started to crave attention. I need to know more specifics about the No carb aspect of this plan. I know Sue is a book of information but I welcome anyone who has knowledge to step up to the plate and help me out here. Sue...I am going to do this with you. Everyday I plan to chart my food intake here on this thread and every Friday or whatever you would like I will post my losses. Keyword...LOSSES...because I plan to lose!

FYI...I have made a promise to myself. Not many of you know me personally but just to set this up right I will give you some insight. I am nowhere near the type to be so gungho on "name brands". I mean they are nice and I don't knock them or people choose them over Wal Mart or Target. I myself am a Wal Mart girl. But only because I have 4 children and feel my hard earned money can be wisely spent elsewhere so I don't spend on myself as my DH says I so deserve. Anyway the promise I have made to myself is that if I drop the needed weight that will get me into a size 14 I will go out and treat myself to one Tommy outfit set...the jeans and the shirt maybe the shoes but I am really a Sketchers girl when it comes to shoes. But it will only happen if I get to a size 14. I am currently fitting snuggly into a size 18 reg that is a Wal Mart brand jean. I don't know for sure if Tommy sizes run smaller but I won't follow through on my promise until I am able to fit into a 14 Tommy size. I wonder if they make in Womens sizes...I swear I am clueless when it comes to brand names.

Anyway...I am with you Sue and we are going to do it. Tomorrow I will post my food intake. Talk to you all later.

Hugs & Smiles, Kina

Last edited by Kina; 07-07-2003 at 11:48 PM.
Old 07-08-2003, 06:11 AM   #3  
Work in Progress

Morning all, still having computer problems hope to be solved today. Plan wise I am poor. still investigating the south beach diet woe. Planning and stress are still my daily battles.

Sue how are you doing? new job and all?? I am sure you are doing a terrific job!

Kina, OP food wise too?? way to go girl!!! Sounds like your "prise " is a deserved one!

Melody how are you doing in this heat?

Pam you are so misssed!
Old 07-10-2003, 05:20 AM   #4  
Work in Progress

Good morning all,
My computer problems seem to be solved for the moment. Nothing really new to report. Not OP, not exerciseing, paying for a gym membership and not going,not getting my water in.

How is everyone else?
Old 07-10-2003, 07:17 PM   #5  
Squishy mom, not 4 long!

Day Four! Woohoo! I have not slipped yet. Anytime I feel my sweet tooth coming on I quickly run for the pickle jar. I have prepared myself eggs and sausages every morning, the past few days. I have eaten taco salads without all the fattening carbs. Chicken wings my favorite! The other evening my parents brought over pizza, my biggest pitfall. Would you believe I had the willpower of an OX. Woohoo! I just scrapped off the cheese and pepperoni and ate that. I had to do it in order to kill the craving...otherwise I was liable to pig out on pizza. I don't know if I am doing this diet right but I have been doing really good staying away from the carbs.

I hope everyone else is having success. I have not weighed myself again. Perhaps this weekend. Talk to you all later.
Old 07-12-2003, 06:25 AM   #6  
Work in Progress

Way to go Kina!! you continue to be the OP goddess!
Remember your water. I am planning on checking out the south beach diet book tday at walmart. I am hoping that shakes me lose here/
Going to a wedding today church only.
Still not addressing things here.

How is everyone else doing??
Old 07-12-2003, 10:08 AM   #7  
Squishy mom, not 4 long!

I have heard about that South Beach Diet. I don't know nothing more than the title and that it's a low carb diet. I am going to go out to our Half Price Bookstore out here and see if I could find that book or Atkins book at reasonable price...rather than the original. So I will look.

Anyway Day 5 has come and gone and I did quite well. I think I should give up the diet soda for a while. I started drinking these carbonated flavored water, from Wal Mart, they are good. They don't have any carbs but I think they are equivalent to drinking diet soda. I don't know. Anyway I think I am going to start buying those and give up the diet soda and see if that will move things along a little more.

Okay well I had better get going. I can't say that I am exercising but I am doing a lot of house cleaning. Take care all and I hope to hear from you on the lighter side.

Hugs & Smiles, Kina
Old 07-13-2003, 12:22 PM   #8  
Squishy mom, not 4 long!

Exclamation Weigh In Day

Well (drum roll please)! I didn't expect such great losses but here it is last Saturday I was at 208! This morning I am at 201.5! I feel so good because I had the biggest willpower since the dawn of time. Let me tell you. Yesterday we went to celebrate at a family gathering. My cousin, who is in the Marines, will be shipping off on Wednesday for a year and a half. So we had this big gathering. I was to bring mexican rice for enchiladas. I knew going there would mean there wouldn't be anything for me to eat. Well they did have carne guisada (meat with gravy) so because I was hungry I chose to eat that along with avocado and cheese. I ate two small bowls of that. And ugh!...let me not forget to mention the desserts! I was offered over and over the desserts and I declined every time. I did good. When I got home I was hungry but instead of caving I stirred up some Crystal Light and drank a few glasses of that. It paid off this morning !

So anyway I hope the rest of you are doing well. I hope to see you on the board Sue, Melody. Pat did you have success in finding that SB diet book?

Hugs & Smiles, Kina
Old 07-14-2003, 05:49 AM   #9  
Work in Progress

Way to go Kina!!!! That is an awesome loss and great willpower!!
Wal mart didn't have the book so I am still in limbo.
NOthing really to report.
But I must say you are the OP goddess!
Old 07-16-2003, 05:44 AM   #10  
Work in Progress

Hey everyone, how goes it? Was doing better yesterday but let stress take over by the end of the day and had ice cream
Just bought a lo carb cook book on e-bay. so I am hoping to be inspired. I know that bordom was a problem w/that woe.
How is everyone else?
Old 07-16-2003, 10:18 AM   #11  
Squishy mom, not 4 long!

Hi Pat. I am doing pretty good. Yesterday I was showing a gain but it went away. I think I was showing a gain because the day before that I wasn't at all hungry so I didn't eat for most of the day...I think my body went into starvation mode and held on to all the water I drank. I will learn from that mistake. Then the pitfall came yesterday...DH brought home sweetbread from the bakery. Mind you, he has been on this diet before so he knows the rules. Well I did really good on saying no just looking at them. By the end of the night when everyone was asleep and I was surfing the web I ate 2 cookies! I know I shouldn't have, my tummy did not like it.

Fortunately for me this morning those extra pounds that were on the scale are no longer there. I am a scale-a-holic. But I don't let any other day count except for weigh day. I think that is fair.

I was at Wal Mart the other day and didn't think about looking for that book. Well rightfully so we had a hurricane headed our way and I was there to buy canned goods and all that jazz. We were very fortunate that Claudette missed us just by a few towns. I am in Corpus and the hurricane hit in Port OConnor just north of us. I am getting a lot of rain now and expect much flooding in many areas. But luckily we were missed by the worst of it.

Well i better get my day started. I don't want any slips today. Talk to you all later. Sue I hope you are doing well and have great things to say when you come back to us.

Hugs & Smiles, Kina
Old 07-19-2003, 11:26 AM   #12  
Trying to find my way.

Hi girls sorry I have been so tired and brain fried that i did not do much of any thing o n the puter. DD is still in germany and having the time of her life!! needing more cash!! thank god they have western union. but other than that i was not the greatest last week with some huge falls at the endof the week. I am OP again day 6 I went all the way up to 215+ and that i knew was water weight but really!! so any ways I am still working on it. the new job is going good. I am trying really hard to get it right. I do nto want to fail but that also is spilling over into the home life. i am not so grumpy and can actually focus on my self. and start to get the house in order with out stressing my self out totally!!!

Kina I am so proud of you. I plan on when i get to a 12 to get my belly button pierced. (I think or I may chicken out) I just may have to get me some nice clohtes with this new job I am having to go and buy new ones as it is not needed but I feel better when i look good. many girls wear their scrubs anyways but I would rather dress. so I went to the thrifty shopper and got some great clothes. I am becoming a clothes a holic!! so go girl if tommy tickles your fancy then go for it girl but would you rather set aside 50$ for every size dropped and then having a walmars shopping spree??? so how was the rain??? I was thinking of you hearing that.

Pat you seen to be coasting along. SBD is doing great things for some gals. i knowyou can do great. just for the first weeks as you alow your body to be cleaned out you do a atkins like induction so ifyou are egar to start then just jump in. HHHMMMM I think i have a link. let me see if i can see it.
Old 07-19-2003, 11:27 AM   #13  
Trying to find my way.

http://www.prevention.com/cda/featur...0,5345,00.html
here it is Pat.
Old 07-19-2003, 12:14 PM   #14  
Squishy mom, not 4 long!

Sue I am so happy to see your post. Thanks for the encouraging words. Yes, you are right I would rather spend all the loot on lots of clothes at Wal Mart than one Tommy outfit. Lately I have been spending on clothes for myself. Since the few pounds I have lost I have been feeling more girlie...I guess. I don't know but I want clothes that make me feel more femine. I am tired of wearing frumpy clothes. I want to look like a girl not like a girl in guys clothes. So this past weekend I went and bought myself some cute sandals and a couple of nice blouses. I know I am cheating I said I would splurge on myself once I got to size 14 but I think I need to make myself feel good now so that I can continue on this woe with LC's. I don't know what do you all think? I found this grand site that focuses on LC diets only and I have become a member to the forum there and I have found it to be most encouraging.

I have to admit I have cheated a few times this week. I am not talking about big cheats either but you know they add up in the end. But I have found that I get the best results if I stick to the plan. So that is what I plan to do this week. I will be happy to see that I was able to maintain my weight for this week if nothing more. But I am going to do my darndest to see a loss next Sunday's weigh in.

Well I will check back in with you ladies and I hope to hear from you all more often...Sue. Pat I have been wanting ice cream badly...so maybe my cravings went over the computer lines to you. Sorry I will try to keep my urges to a minimum. LOL

Hugs & Smiles, Kina
Old 07-20-2003, 06:53 AM   #15  
Work in Progress

Good morning you guys!
Nice to see your posts.
Well I am doing teh mental stuff getting ready to commit to myself again. I found the book at Borders but I hate to pay full price for it. So anyway....
Do you guys ever watch the show "what not to where"? It is on TLC and BBC America. I like it because they dress everyone, not just skinny people. Man A good fitting outfit vs a sack can make all teh difference. I have been buying clothes with COLOR! lately.
I have gained 20# since this time last year. UGH I worked so hard to get ot off and now I have to do it again.
This month's Oprah mag is dedicated to weight loss . Some good articles in it.

Again I fall into teh stress eating and poor planning catagory.
This week I will plan and organize better.

Sue I am glad you are enjoying and doing well with your new job. Dressing up is cool. I know that it is easy for me to say that you probably will make a mistake, But I too worry about that . Lets just ask that when we do, that it will be a small one. I have a great boss. Who could never be as hard on me as I am on myself.

Kina you go girl!!!! you have been doing awesome. I know that is what is frustrating . The carbs never taste as good as you remember and they make you sick And yet I go back again and again. SHopping is good. How did you fair with teh weather??

Well girls I am shooting for a more focused week. I shopped yesterday and will be better prepared
Closed Thread