Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2013, 12:10 PM   #1  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

Default 300+ Getting Fit After 40 #316

WELCOME TO December!

This group is for those dealing with the challenges of being fit when you have a significant amount of weight to lose which becomes harder after age 40. If you're an old or new friend and not over 40 and feel this is the place to post, jump right in!
Old 12-01-2013, 12:14 PM   #2  

I'm going to do my best this month to end the year on a successful note. I've been dithering and it's time to buckle down and get through the holidays with a smile because I've planned ahead and said "NO!!!!" every time I had too.

Hope everyone has enjoyed their Thanksgiving!
Old 12-01-2013, 03:39 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Welcome to December! Wish I had said NO like Judy. I am ready to hit this hard.

On a positive note - I made it to the pool the past two days - that felt so good!
Old 12-01-2013, 05:45 PM   #4  

Carol, I worded it incorrectly. I'm "going" to say NO because I haven't been.
Old 12-02-2013, 06:27 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

I need to make some changes too. When I lost all the weight, I used to say "I'm not saying NO to the food, I'm saying YES to me." Need that attitude again.
Old 12-02-2013, 06:29 AM   #6  

Height: 5'7"

IM ready to say NO also!! Starts NOW!!! Not after breakfast or tomorrow. I will try to record my food today also.
Water water water has to go into me today!! I drank 2 diet drinks over the weekend and we all know that they are bad and my kidneys always make me pay for drinking them.
Old 12-02-2013, 06:56 AM   #7  

I thought I had been mindful over the holiday - the scale disagreed. We go on vacation on the 14th - I need to work as hard as I know I can to see what can be accomplished by then! POP menu planned today and a trip to the pool tonight.
Old 12-02-2013, 08:09 AM   #8  

Yesterday was POP! It was a battle but I won.

Heather , I'm saving this "I'm not saying NO to the food, I'm saying YES to me." from your post to my weight loss quotes list. Great attitude!

It's going to be a quiet day for me ........ I hope!
Old 12-02-2013, 08:03 PM   #9  
aka Valerie

S/C/G: 350/345/195

HERE YOU ARE!!!! I FOUND you! Wow it's great to see more old friends here!

I wish I could get to a pool, but you'd probably never get me back out again. It would be WONderful!

I had a good day, but of course the week one cravings and December temptations haven't had a chance to gang up on me yet. Right now I've let myself go so badly that I can't begin to do the things I love. I can't stand or walk long enough to even go to a Christmas bazarre. But I spent some time visualizing the way it was, the way I want it to be again - back on a horse, light in the stirrups, not afraid anymore.

One day at a time, and tomorrow my body is likely to notice the disappearance of pecan pie from my blood stream. Tank goodness for... yogurt.
Old 12-03-2013, 06:36 AM   #10  

Oh, Val!!!! So good to see you!!!!! You and I need to resurrect that exercise thread!! Well, let's not worry about it yet. I'm just glad to see you!!!!

I made a vow not to eat any sweets yesterday ... and then broke it last night. Going to try again today.
Old 12-03-2013, 06:54 AM   #11  

Heather - you made it to evening - for me that was a baby step.

Val - I knew you'd find us! Let's do this!

POP day yesterday and made it to the pool last night. Menu is planned for the day - hoping I can resurrect some veggies that were bought for a previous POP menu.
Old 12-03-2013, 10:30 PM   #12  
aka Valerie

S/C/G: 350/345/195

Heather, your halo's on crooked too??? Well, think of the damage that you DIDN'T do, and know that you're back in the race!

My department at work is notorious for excessive food celebrations, and the food table is RIGHT in front of my desk where not only are the goodies sitting, but people come by all day grazing and commenting on the yumminess. I had yogurt and milk this morning instead and defied the donuts and cake. I had a good lunch and tried to ignore the pies, chips and candies. Eventually the Christmas cookies won out, and after declaring the first one a mistake.... I ate a second.

But I didn't snack on that stuff all day, and when I went through the Dunkin Donut drive-thru tonight for coffee, I didn't break down and have a donut then, either. That's an overall change for the better, and you know what??? IT DIDN'T KILL ME. So I'm calling it a good day, just not a perfect day.

But tomorrow, NOOOOOOOO Cookies. I'll think about at exercise thread instead!

Last edited by NoLifeWithoutHorses; 12-03-2013 at 10:32 PM.
Old 12-04-2013, 06:35 AM   #13  

Morning! I did it! A day without sweets!! First time in a long while.

Sadly, hubby came back from Chicago with Garrett's popcorn, the Chicago mix, which is a combo of cheese and caramel popcorn. DIVINE. I will have some. But maybe we will give some away too.

Yes, we have to think about the positives!! Thanks, ladies!!
Old 12-04-2013, 06:59 AM   #14  

Height: 5'7"

I had an unexpected visit from my youngest grandchild. She was potty training and needed a little tlc. She did great to not be 2 and had no accidents. I am not use to kids round the clock so by last night I was worn out. LOl Its yet another sign of being out of shape.

I stuck with my eating plan pretty close. I have to learn to throw away most of the bun again. We had burgers on monday night. Last night hubby picked up chicken taco salads. I was to tired to cook. Tonight we will eat at church and I know its chili and IM not a huge chili fan so it should be an ok night.

Exercise?? I think I have forgotten how! I need to set a few small goals and start with them. Hubby feels so much better when he exercises and it helps with depression more than anything else.
Old 12-04-2013, 07:03 AM   #15  

Love the energy and things we are doing for ourselves here. Let's keep it up. I had a POP day yesterday but only tracked calories in my head. Think I can lose 50 lbs by next weeks vacation so I don't worry about the plane seat?

Let's do this!
Closed Thread