Weight Watchers - December WW Chat

View Full Version : December WW Chat

DrivenByAmbition
12-01-2013, 09:53 AM
Happy December...

Sadly I just remembered it's the first. These holidays have me all messed up. :) Here's to a new month.

SarainMN
12-01-2013, 10:42 AM
ready to hit December with full force!!!!
I slacked off the last half of Nov...but I'm ready!

DrivenByAmbition
12-03-2013, 07:37 AM
Seems a bit quiet here. I. Still going strong, on plan. :)

SarainMN
12-03-2013, 09:57 AM
good for you Driven!!!

I'm trying!! I've been sick but still getting to the gym! I'm hoping to break even this week and get on it next week :)

calee
12-03-2013, 10:21 AM
Are you all counting points? I find myself tracking calories/carbs more than points. I may need to switch to points as my weight has been up a bit in the last year. I do go to weekly meetings.

Becky Quilts
12-03-2013, 11:24 AM
Hi, everyone! I've been reading for a day or two. I became a WW Life member after baby #1 but I've been stalled on my weight loss after baby #2. I need to find some kind of support, mind if I stop in!

Yesterday was well on-track until after supper. I even made it through spaghetti night! But then the night time carbs started calling me from the cupboards and I caved.

I work... and made it out of the house with a cooler full of veggies and good protein. Hopefully I can keep on track all day instead of most of the day!

(I need to update my ticker, I am up a bit.)

junebug44
12-03-2013, 12:08 PM
I start WW (again) today! I'm nervous but really excited to get started. You mind if I join you ladies?

PUPMOM5
12-03-2013, 01:37 PM
Welcome!

This is finals week and my husband's thesis is due next week, so it's been insane here. Still trying to make time for an hour of walking most days.

DrivenByAmbition
12-03-2013, 07:25 PM
Welcome everyone! We are here for support. Many of us have had much success. I try to post daily, which helps me stay accountable.

DrivenByAmbition
12-03-2013, 07:26 PM
Welcome!

This is finals week and my husband's thesis is due next week, so it's been insane here.

I bet it has been. How did you reward yourself for reaching your milestone :) ?

DrivenByAmbition
12-04-2013, 08:20 AM
Good morning! It's hump day! (: ready for the weekend already! On plan, though I have put a hurting on my weeklies. Weigh in will be Friday, staying with daily points Til then!

PUPMOM5
12-04-2013, 09:06 AM
By eating a bunch at Thanksgiving? LOL. I haven't rewarded myself yet, I've been too busy, but I do plan to get a very daring haircut soon!

claustin
12-04-2013, 11:37 AM
Hello Everyone! Just wondering if I can join the group? I have done WW last year and lost 15lbs (all I needed to get to goal) but then put it back on over the year and in April I did Ideal Protein and lost 25lbs in 5 weeks. I didn't phase off at all, just quit, and ended up 36lbs heavier over the summer. I have tried to do IP again for the past 2 months but I keep having "cheats" and ruining a full week of eating (which is expensive) I thought I would try WW again and eat some real food lol I started yesterday and had a wonderful OP day. It was so good to eat fruit and not feel like I was cheating :) I have 25lbs to lose to get back to goal and I'm looking forward to doing it in a healthy eating (no dieting) kind of way :) I love WW!!

Anyway, thanks for listening! Hope its ok for me to join ;)

junebug44
12-04-2013, 11:55 AM
Good morning :) My first official meeting back with WW went really well. I even managed to lose over 2.4 pounds from the week before according to their scales so I'll take it! I'm really liking the online tracking and think that will be really helpful.

DrivenByAmbition
12-04-2013, 04:10 PM
Welcome Claustin. WW is a good choice when you want more flexibility to eat what you want, utilizing portion control.

Good morning Junebugg, glad you are journeying with us.

DrivenByAmbition
12-04-2013, 04:30 PM
At times I miss weighing daily, but I think this is better for me to wait until weigh in day. I'm committing to this a month.

abinks
12-04-2013, 04:50 PM
Joining the party?

I am still a little weary of the meetings and actually becoming a MEMBER. In addition to getting healthy, I need to be budget conscious too! (newly wed here).

I decided this week to try tracking what I eat, to see if it is something that fits my lifestyle and if it actually helps. My mother in law dragged me to the weekly meeting in our office building today, I definitely see how the support is nice, but what other benefits do you (paying members) see?

Can I do it without the cost? I have my 13 weeks charted out to reach my goal, but is tracking what I eat and counting my points enough?

My goal is to actually stick with my point allotment (23 a day right now), for the entire month. Even if I don't lose weight, portion control is something I really need a swift kick in the butt to learn!

Anyway, I am mostly here for motivation, accountability and encouragement. Hope that's okay!

DrivenByAmbition
12-04-2013, 05:10 PM
Are you doing an older version of weight watchers? Momentum? If you are doing 13 weeks, it shouldn't be too costly. Then you can achieve life time status. You may want to visit a meeting again and talk to a leader.

I use my weeklies. I eat at least half, close to all some weeks. Sometimes you have to experiment.

PUPMOM5
12-04-2013, 06:01 PM
abinks, the lowest you can go daily point-wise in the current WW is 26 - so I'm not sure if you're looking at an older version or not, but it would be harder to follow because the points values of food have changed. You are more than welcome, of course!

I'm not meeting my daily step goals so far, thanks to tension migraines. Hoping to go to the gym tonight - the walking should help my back. I'm in the home stretch at work/school.

DrivenByAmbition
12-04-2013, 08:38 PM
I'm not sure who is online and who is going to meetings, but is there a major plan change in the works?

DrivenByAmbition
12-04-2013, 08:38 PM
I'm not meeting my daily step goals so far, thanks to tension migraines. Hoping to go to the gym tonight - the walking should help my back. I'm in the home stretch at work/school.

I've been having many migraines lately. My body can't take the changes of weather here lately.

abinks
12-05-2013, 11:37 AM
I'm not sure who is online and who is going to meetings, but is there a major plan change in the works?

I went to a meeting yesterday with my mother-in-law to try it out. She really wants me to actually join.

Anyway, the meeting leader said that next week would be a good week to join because they will be introducing a new change to the program. He has been doing what ever the change is since November and said he likes it.

abinks
12-05-2013, 11:42 AM
abinks, the lowest you can go daily point-wise in the current WW is 26 - so I'm not sure if you're looking at an older version or not, but it would be harder to follow because the points values of food have changed. You are more than welcome, of course!

Yep, thanks guys! My mom (in law, I'll just call her mom as that's really what she is to me) noticed that too when I told her what my point allotment was. I recalculated and I am at 28 right now. Thank goodness I had only done one day when I recalculated. Turns out that on Tuesday with the old plan I had used 24 of my 23 points, and when I recalculated I used 29 of my 28. Funny how that works. Anyway... 49 extra points seems like so much. I think I will try to just use them as I go over if I go over only a point or two.

Yesterday I used 30 of my 28 points. (Now I have used 3 of my 49 extra points for the week). Silly thing? What pushed me over... a york peppermint patty. Oh well, they are delicious.

Also, thanks for letting me in guys!

DrivenByAmbition
12-05-2013, 04:55 PM
I went to a meeting yesterday with my mother-in-law to try it out. She really wants me to actually join.

Anyway, the meeting leader said that next week would be a good week to join because they will be introducing a new change to the program. He has been doing what ever the change is since November and said he likes it.

I don't like changes... :( Hope it isn't big.

Becky Quilts
12-05-2013, 08:53 PM

Good to hear he likes it. I fell off the wagon about the time PP came out; I had Points after Dear Son was born. I can't imagine they'd roll something new on PP since it was such a big change.

Going to weigh in tomorrow at noon; then it officially starts, eek! I find meetings to be key to my success... the trick is going to be finding a good meeting. Online accountability only seems to do so much. Maybe after a month or two I'll be sailing along and will be able to back off meetings a bit... with your guys' help, I hope! It can get so expensive.

Have a good night! I'll let you know how tomorrow goes!

DrivenByAmbition
12-05-2013, 08:54 PM
I need to head to the gym, just not feeling too great. About to head there anyways. Hope everyone had a great Thursday.

PUPMOM5
12-06-2013, 01:25 PM
Lots of stress in our house as my husband finishes his thesis (which I'm editing) and I finish my own papers and grade. Not much in the smart way of eating, but not going bananas either. We had pizza last night so I don't expect a loss tomorrow. I am working on staying around 179/180 until next week, when I can focus on me again!

Koshka
12-07-2013, 04:39 AM
From what I can figure out they have a new start for the first 2 weeks of the program called Simple Start. It is a simplified version of Simply Filling (if you are a WW member you can download the Simple Start App). They tell you sample meals and give you specific foods to eat (most but not all of the Power Foods) and give you specific indulgences you eat each day using up to 7 pp a day. So, it is Simply Filling lite - less foods and instead of 49 WP for anything it is 7 points a day for specific indulgences. The app does say that you can do the full Simply Filling option or can count Points Plus. To me reading the descriptions of each - if I was a new member - I would clearly choose Simply Filling as they make it sound much more desirable than Points Plus tracking.

I don't think there will be many changes to the overall program except I have the sense that WW wants leaders to emphasize and promote Simply Filling. One of the criticisms that WW gets is that it is too complicated and people don't like measuring stuff and tracking.

Also, supposedly in the guidelines instead of advocating at least 5 fruits/vegetables it will advocate 5 fruits/vegetables.

DrivenByAmbition
12-07-2013, 11:05 AM
Thanks for the heads up.

TOM made it's appearance after that horrific weigh in. And of course I ate a big meal last night, but still have some weeklies to play with. Hoping to be leveled out by Friday.

Have a great weekend!

claustin
12-07-2013, 01:32 PM
Well I haven't been doing well this week ggrr. I am driving myself nuts! I do good for a day or two then sabotage myself and binge eat. I managed to eat all my weekend points and my daily points in one day!!!! What is wrong with me!??! Anyway, its a new day. New start. I will get this under control! Food will not own me!!!

Becky Quilts
12-07-2013, 02:23 PM
Koshka, thanks for sharing!
I found it eye opening when I started measuring portions; portion creep is a problem for me. If people can make Simply Filling work, all the more power to them.
We went out for lunch today, kind of a normal Saturday thing for us. I didn't blow up my plan for the day :) so that's a big win for me! Even when DH ordered the pretzel-nacho cheese appetizer. This is what I love about WW: flexibility!

PupMom, good luck with your stretch, here!
DrivenByAmbition, good for your getting out to the gym! I need to move more, sometimes the hardest part is just getting out of the door. I just finished my TOM, isn't it stinky what it does to the scale? :p

Have a good weekend, everyone!

EasySpirit
12-07-2013, 03:04 PM
I am doing WW online; I bought the three month package. I really enjoy tracking the points online, and I have lost 10 pounds in six weeks. I would prefer not to continue after the three months because of the cost. Is there a website that has a similar way to keep track of WW points?

Thanks.

DrivenByAmbition
12-08-2013, 09:14 AM
Had a rough weekend with TOM, but back on plan today.

PUPMOM5
12-08-2013, 10:44 AM
claustin, the important thing is to forgive yourself (it happens, it gets easier) and move on right away. Every day is a new day. :)

abinks
12-08-2013, 10:53 AM
... What or who is TOM?

Today is the start of day 6, and so far I am really liking keeping track of my points. It really makes me think about portion control, and only eating when I NEED to eat, not when I WANT to eat. I have always had a hard time knowing when to stop eating, and simply eating out of boredom.

Day 4 and 5 were a bit of a bummer for me though. I killed my 49 points (which I had been using only as a buffer for a point or two a day). I know I only have today and tomorrow left, but I don't think the practice of eating them all in two days is very good. I still have like 18 left, but still, once I started binge eating, it was hard to stop. It does feel good though that I was able to indulge in some things and still stay on my total weekly points.

What are some practices you use with your 49 points? Do you find it better to spread them out? Or do you use them as "weekend indulgences"?

DrivenByAmbition
12-08-2013, 11:09 AM
TOM- time of month

lazylioness
12-08-2013, 11:50 AM
... What or who is TOM?

Today is the start of day 6, and so far I am really liking keeping track of my points. It really makes me think about portion control, and only eating when I NEED to eat, not when I WANT to eat. I have always had a hard time knowing when to stop eating, and simply eating out of boredom.

Day 4 and 5 were a bit of a bummer for me though. I killed my 49 points (which I had been using only as a buffer for a point or two a day). I know I only have today and tomorrow left, but I don't think the practice of eating theim all in two days is very good. I still have like 18 left, but still, once I started binge eating, it was hard to stop. It does feel good though that I was able to indulge in some things and still stay on my total weekly points.

What are some practices you use with your 49 points? Do you find it better to spread them out? Or do you use them as "weekend indulgences"?

I don't use them personally. I usually have enough AP during the week that if I need 1-2 points that's where they come from.

Lindy87
12-08-2013, 11:55 AM
I have been losing and gaining the same 4-5 lbs forever. I need to get my butt in gear. The girl who weighs me in said that starting this week they should be starting next years program. Looking forward to going to my Monday night meeting and starting fresh. Hoping it gets me through the holidays craziness.

claustin
12-08-2013, 12:41 PM
Had a much better day yesterday. I have a nagging headache but I think its just the carb/sugar detox. Hoping today will be better regarding the headache, food wise I have everything planned out. Trying to get in 10 glasses of water to help flush everything out.

I am looking forward to Tuesday and a new set of points lol I need to start fresh and start jogging again! This week has been a total disaster and I am ready to be done with it! Looking forward to getting back into a normal routine! I have 2 girls (6&4) and this past week they had school concerts, were sick, up all night, my 4yo had her birthday party....It feels like this week has been going on for a month or more! Something every day/night. This week coming up looks more slow and relaxed.

Anyway, I hope you all enjoy your sunday!

abinks
12-09-2013, 11:05 AM
Today is my last day of Week 1. I am very happy that I have stuck with it the entire week! (Baby steps).

I have a feeling I won't have lost any weight this first week, but I think I have maintained, which is good.

This week my goal is to be smarter about my weekly points. Also, I need to start getting active. Right now I want to FOCUS on my eating habits, but I need to start getting into the habit of fitting in activity where I can. We have a walking track on the top floor of the building I work in, which can be really nice for a brisk walk on a 10 or 15 minute break. But lately I just haven't had the time (or motivation).

What keeps you motivated to exercise? What kind of things do you do that are simple and easy ways to stay active?

Becky Quilts
12-09-2013, 02:21 PM
claustin - Glad to hear it is going better for you! I have those high-point days sometimes too. >blush< I think what helped me was being able to acknowledge it and work through it... totally get those feelings of frustration though! Hang in there, you're almost there!

EasySpirit - congrats on a great start! I use a mobile app called iTrackBites. For a while there I used a small notebook and pencil. Websites I've used have been calorie counting, maybe someone else can help with one that tracks. They won't call it Points or PointsPlus, as WW keeps an eye out to protect their TradeMarks.

abinks - Boredom eating is a hurdle for me, too. If I can get OUT of the kitchen and get my hands busy with something else that helps. Or if I'm at work, keeping the drink filled and my gum handy. For a time I would even set a timer for 3 hours... just to have an additional mental check.
- Don't worry about burning through your weekly points, that is what they are there for! To me, those points give me SANITY on those days! Seriously - I would have been totally off the wagon so many times over... but those points give flexibility that is important. As to how I spread them out... it varies. Right now, getting back on program, I am using them as a safety net for when I go over. So it ends up being a few here, a few there (and a lot last night when DH ordered Papa John's, lol!) When I was really in a good rhythm, they would get used on weekends or evening that I needed a bedtime snack. This time of year, when you know Christmas or Thanksgiving meals are coming, it gives me a way to balance the huge meal out with the rest of the week, and stay on track to lose. They are totally there to take or leave as you see fit!
-I like running. Our gym membership has a lot of free classes available. YouTube has some nice yoga videos. Try something new, you may like it. For me I can run every time and love it. My sister likes to do something different most days - she thrives on variety. I've done Dance Dance Revolution a few times to get an extra few points in to balance the day.

As for me... I'm hanging in there for the most part. I'm on day 3 and have 17 WP left, that means I need to get out and move. ;) I've been honest with my tracking which is hard sometimes, but I really want to get this going. I've been fighting this last 5-10 for at least a year. DD is 2.5 now, time to get it off! :)

Can I be honest for a minute? My Goal has been 164, which is the very top end of my weight range for my height rounded up. (heh.) I'd like to move closer to the middle though, but for some reason it is stuck in my head that is an unrealistic goal. I have the body fat to lose (currently ~27%+) , I think it is a healthy goal. So, how do I get my head wrapped around this? I think it's been part of my plateu that happens when I get to 162 and can't push into the 150's.

abinks
12-09-2013, 03:18 PM
Can I be honest for a minute? My Goal has been 164, which is the very top end of my weight range for my height rounded up. (heh.) I'd like to move closer to the middle though, but for some reason it is stuck in my head that is an unrealistic goal. I have the body fat to lose (currently ~27%+) , I think it is a healthy goal. So, how do I get my head wrapped around this? I think it's been part of my plateu that happens when I get to 162 and can't push into the 150's.

I am 5'8" as well. My goal is 145 (just about smack in the middle for my age/height) but go through days where I think is totally unrealistic. I was 145 at 22 which was just 3 years ago, but my body has changed a lot in more ways that just weight, so maybe that's not where my body really belongs. It is however, when I felt that I looked and felt the best about myself. Being that this is past year is the heaviest I have ever been, I have never actually TRIED to lose weight, so I am just setting my sights on something that would really make me happy about myself. Ultimately if I see 155-160 and plateau I will be comfortable saying that is my healthy weight. At the end of the day, how do YOU feel?

EasySpirit
12-09-2013, 03:36 PM
Thank you, Betsy! I will try that. I really only use WW for the point tracking, so I am not sure it is worth the money. Of course, I could start to read the articles, hints, etc., but I prefer to spend my time on 3fc.

abinks
12-10-2013, 02:02 PM
Made it through week 1 with 2 points to spare. The great thing? I didn't feel hungry all week. I felt satisfied, and my stomach (which is usually my biggest enemy) only bothered me one night.

Even though I didn't lose this week, I feel happy to have made it through and I already feel like I am changing my thinking about food and portions.

What are your successes for the week? I may be the only one who happens to start on a Tuesday.

claustin
12-10-2013, 03:41 PM
Well today starts a new week for me. Glad to be at a fresh blank slate! I did manage to maintain this past week, even with all the binge eating. Having a wonderful OP day today. Going for a walk now to get in some activity (even though I have been on my feet all morning i'm looking forward to my walk)

DrivenByAmbition
12-10-2013, 04:10 PM
Just stressed and don't know why I can't get back on track. Was a blah weekend. I just don't even know why I'm having such a hard time.

lazylioness
12-10-2013, 05:37 PM
I have that trouble too sometimes. This last month has been particularly hard.

Work is annoying, I am at the office too much so I cannot dedicate to the gym like I need to, and unfortunately, if I miss too many days in a row...I have a really hard time getting back. I almost want to forget the gym for the rest of the month, and start fresh after the crazy schedule dies down.

DrivenByAmbition
12-11-2013, 05:06 AM
I'm going to try to just eat my daily points until weigh in, and really plan out my next few weeks. I know I can do this, but for some reason I have a gain, like because of TOM and it just ruins my progress because I feel the program is not working...

Thing is I know it works. I'm just very stressed, ugh.

abinks
12-11-2013, 10:49 AM
Yesterday I ate only 23 of my 28 daily points. 1) I wasn't hungry for more, and 2) I fell asleep early so I didn't have an after dinner snack. Is this okay?

I am trying to evenly distribute my points throughout the day so I don't blow over my points when I get home after work. Do you guys have an average points value per each meal?

lazylioness
12-11-2013, 03:04 PM
Yes, once in a while is not bad. I find that if I do that too many times in a week I actually stop losing.

claustin
12-12-2013, 05:18 PM
DrivenbyAmbition Sorry to hear you are struggling. I have been like that for the past 3 months! I do good for a week then binge on the weekend (and not necessarily junk, just over eating) then get down/depressed and quit and eat mcdonalds then feel even more down. Then I get in the "enough is enough" mood and "start fresh" and last a day or two and start the cycle all over again. I have a couple friends who are saying the same thing and they aren't even trying to diet or loose weight. I think its the time of the year and the stress from it all. I know I am soooo ready for next week to come! My girls are finished school on Thursday for Christmas break and its going to be a much needed break. Try not to be too hard on yourself and just take it one feeling, one meal, one hour at a time. I think sometimes we do this to ourselves so our brain can have that reboot that it needs. You know the program works, you know eating this way is way healthier for you, so just try to tell yourself its a walk not a run, a marathon not a race. Im hear if you ever need to vent - one struggler to another! :hug:

claustin
12-12-2013, 05:23 PM
I have been doing good so far this week. I ate my Daily's Tuesday and went for a 30min walk. Wends I had a brutal day. I ate my daily's and 10 of my weekend points but I walked for an hour and felt better. I now have 19 weekend points I am trying not to use this week!! That's my weekly goal for this week. So far today I have been doing great.

Anyway thanks for listening. It helps me vent my days and makes me feel accountable to someone other then myself. Hope you all are doing great today

tryinagain2013
12-14-2013, 06:44 PM
Hi.
I am looking for the original program for the 123 success program from 1996-97 I lost 65 in 3 mos on that plan and it was easy to remember.
I have found food point lists and cookbooks on amazon and ebay, but nothing that says the part about "you can have this many points a day" that's what I desperately need. But I need the formula from the 123 success program. Hoping that you can help so I can get restarted right away. Hello and thanks! :carrot:

Jacqui_D
12-14-2013, 10:35 PM
Hi tryinagain2013, I don't know if this article might help you or not, but I thought I'd post it just in case. It's called "5 'Old' Weight Watchers Resources (NOT PointsPlus)": http://ronisweigh.com/2011/06/5-old-weight-watchers-resources-not-pointsplus.html. It mentions that some of these resources have points calculators. I wish you luck on finding what you're looking for!

lazylioness
12-15-2013, 10:52 AM
Well we are half way through December!

I am finding it impossible right now to work out. Just absolutely impossible. But I decided to be ok with it until the 1st. Work will quiet down, holidays are ove and I can really focus on training and toning up this flab!!

claustin
12-15-2013, 02:01 PM
I am having a hard time exercising as well but I don't stop during the day lol its Christmas! Busy busy! with shopping, cleaning, baking, ect I am ok with not getting in "exercise". Just wish there was a way I could keep track of my daily movements and incorporate them in WW some how. Like shopping should be a option haha or pushing a cart! I live in Alberta, Canada and we have at least 2 feet of snow and always 3-4 inches in the driveways so pushing a heavy grocery cart thru it is definitely a work out ;)

DrivenByAmbition
12-15-2013, 04:55 PM
I'm having trouble with both tracking and exercising. Recommitting tomorrow. My weightloss is shot for this week. I'm going to really keep at it.

EasySpirit
12-15-2013, 04:57 PM
I had my annual physical nine days ago; the doctor was pleased with my stats, but told me that I am very lucky that I am on no medications and have no joint issues at my weight. '

Since then, I have been eating everything in sight and drinking beer and wine. I can't seem to stop. One minute I am disgusted with myself, the next minute I am wondering if I have the ingredients to make fudge.

Anyone have any ideas to help me get back on track? I lost ten pounds the first six weeks of WW, stayed the same last week, and will not get weighed this week. I know it will be a gain that will make me worse.

jnesbit
12-15-2013, 06:06 PM
This is my first post, but I'm here to celebrate achieving 50 pounds lost this week! I have been very successful with WW so far, and my total loss to date is 51.2!

Keep trucking through December fellow WWers! Pretty soon everyone will be putting away the truffles and pulling out the treadmills with us. January can't get here soon enough!

Becky Quilts
12-16-2013, 11:41 AM
I had my annual physical nine days ago; the doctor was pleased with my stats, but told me that I am very lucky that I am on no medications and have no joint issues at my weight. '

Since then, I have been eating everything in sight and drinking beer and wine. I can't seem to stop. One minute I am disgusted with myself, the next minute I am wondering if I have the ingredients to make fudge.

Anyone have any ideas to help me get back on track? I lost ten pounds the first six weeks of WW, stayed the same last week, and will not get weighed this week. I know it will be a gain that will make me worse.

First of all, hugs! Sounds like there's a lot going on in your heart. Would it help to sit down and write out what's running around in your mind? Give yourself some space to pause, feel, and acknowledge what's going on.

It sounds to me like you're doing all the right things, and you're moving in the right direction... give yourself credit because it's due. Don't beat yourself up for the extra mug of suds, it's water under the bridge. You can decide what to eat and drink next, though, so just do your best for one decision: the next one. Then repeat.

For me, when I'm gnoshing through the cupboards it's one of three things: emotional eating, bored eating, or I haven't had enough protein (or water... I guess that's 4). If you can pause and think through what your own triggers are, or at least make the choice a conscious one (because really, sometimes the Christmas cookie *IS* worth it!) then that can help. Make sure you sit down at the table, put the cookie on a plate, have a glass of water (or milk) with it, and take your time to enjoy each bite. :)

I bought I new cross stitch to try to keep my hands busy through the holidays. I'm hoping that helps me.

Hope this helps! Hang in there, take it one step at a time and you'll make it. :hug:

Becky Quilts
12-16-2013, 12:34 PM
Hi tryinagain2013, I don't know if this article might help you or not, but I thought I'd post it just in case. It's called "5 'Old' Weight Watchers Resources (NOT PointsPlus)": http://ronisweigh.com/2011/06/5-old-weight-watchers-resources-not-pointsplus.html. It mentions that some of these resources have points calculators. I wish you luck on finding what you're looking for!

I *love* Roni's Weigh! I've followed her blog for years. She's kind of grown beyond WW, but she's great about keeping her archives when at all possible.

Well we are half way through December!

I am finding it impossible right now to work out. Just absolutely impossible. But I decided to be ok with it until the 1st. Work will quiet down, holidays are ove and I can really focus on training and toning up this flab!!

YES, omigosh, yes! I enjoy running. I have done it twice since Thanksgiving, how bad is that?? It's just so crazy around here, it seems. Glad WW doesn't depend on the EP... although some weeks my eating does, haha. But yes, it is hard to keep exercise worked in right now.

I am having a hard time exercising as well but I don't stop during the day lol its Christmas! Busy busy! with shopping, cleaning, baking, ect I am ok with not getting in "exercise". Just wish there was a way I could keep track of my daily movements and incorporate them in WW some how. Like shopping should be a option haha or pushing a cart! I live in Alberta, Canada and we have at least 2 feet of snow and always 3-4 inches in the driveways so pushing a heavy grocery cart thru it is definitely a work out ;)

Sounds like a workout! Have you ever tried snowshoeing? I had a roomie in college that was nuts about it.

This is my first post, but I'm here to celebrate achieving 50 pounds lost this week! I have been very successful with WW so far, and my total loss to date is 51.2!

Keep trucking through December fellow WWers! Pretty soon everyone will be putting away the truffles and pulling out the treadmills with us. January can't get here soon enough!

Woohoo! Congratulations! and Welcome! My first trip through WW I made Lifetime, between having two kids. I've since had a 2nd baby, and am back. Have you always been on PointsPlus, do you go do meetings at all?

As for me, Saturday was a points-fest, and yesterday not so bad (3wp). Going home for lunch, so today should go well. I just need to get some more movement squeezed in!

ladynredd
12-16-2013, 02:47 PM
Decided what I had been doing wasn't working so have rejoined, today is Day 2. Feeling good about taking action on my decision.

claustin
12-16-2013, 03:25 PM
Good day fellow WWers! Hope your all having a fantastic Monday!

Yesterday was the first day we weren't "in the deep freeze", for 2-3 weeks we have been at -40 (with the windchill) but yesterday it warmed up to -11. I spent 2 hours shoveling snow out of my driveway, then helped my girls build a snowman :) It was a great day! Saturday me and my sister and our girls went to my moms house and decorated for Christmas. It was an overall wonderful weekend! I have managed to stay on track and still have over half my weekend points left (which was my goal for this week). I am looking forward to my weigh in tomorrow. It will be my first official one on WW.

Becky Quilts I have never been snowshoeing. Well I guess I cant say never, we had to do it in school one year. I am not a fan of winter. I do not like the cold at all and snow makes me mad lol so I tend to stay inside. My husband lives out doors all year round, he is an avid hunter, trapper, fisher, ect. He is looking at getting a pair of snowshoes for checking his traps and whatever, so you never know, it could turn into a family thing ;)

EasySpirit Hunny don't be to hard on yourself! We all get in that 'funk' every once in a while. Eventually you will become determined to do what you need to. I would try and set a goal, a start date to really actually commit to. Like after Christmas when the stress and madness dies down and life goes back to somewhat normalcy. I have to keep telling myself that one healthy meal isn't going to make me lose 1lbs just like one treat isn't going to make me gain 1 pound. Try not to focus so much on the negative eating and praise yourself up for the good things you do for yourself. We are all in the same boat, we all struggle, just remember its one day at a time, one meal at a time, one feeling at a time! Good Luck to You!

lazylioness
12-16-2013, 06:50 PM
Hello everyone!

Today was office pot luck! UGH. I had already decided that I was going to enjoy...but I am not enjoying the aftermath!

Why do we do this? Eat so we feel sick??? This is not fun and while the food was good, none of it was good enough to warrant feeling like this!

Blech!

Happy Monday! The holidays are almost over and I can recommit to gym and me time!

EasySpirit
12-16-2013, 07:33 PM
Thanks so much for the encouragement, Becky and Claustin. I had a great eating day yesterday, not as good, but not terrible, today.

I need to gather my thoughts as you suggested and move forward. I also need to find some things to do that I enjoy.

I will be happy when the holidays are over; mine are never easy. I go to a sister's house where I sit and watch her, her husband, three sons and three grandchildren have a wonderful holiday. I bring each one a rather expensive gift card or gift, along with a bottle of wine, a dessert and shrimp cocktail. I always get - an article of clothing that does not fit, a candle (which I cannot burn due to sinus issues,) a box of pears, cookies and a Christmas ornament ( I have not put up a tree in years.)

One year I actually heard one nephew say to his wife, "Didn't you get my aunt anything? You know she is always here!" and the wife replied, "You didn't put her on the list - - I bought for everyone you listed." A week later I got a gift card in the mail with a note saying I had left it at my sister's house.

Needless to say I will be happy when it is over with.

DrivenByAmbition
12-16-2013, 09:42 PM
Back on track. Today went good with points. Used only daily point. Going to try a different way than I did before. Would like to lose 10-15 lbs by Feb.

abinks
12-17-2013, 12:16 PM
For me, when I'm gnoshing through the cupboards it's one of three things: emotional eating, bored eating, or I haven't had enough protein (or water... I guess that's 4). If you can pause and think through what your own triggers are, or at least make the choice a conscious one (because really, sometimes the Christmas cookie *IS* worth it!) then that can help. Make sure you sit down at the table, put the cookie on a plate, have a glass of water (or milk) with it, and take your time to enjoy each bite. :)

This really resonated with me. I struggled a bit with feeling hungry this past week. But I ate my points, had 21 weekly points left over, and lost 2 pounds. I really need to assess my "hunger" and its causes. On Saturday in particular, I was not feeling well, and felt really hungry, and my husband said "how much water have you had today", and I realized... none. That's all I needed to pick me up.

As for me this past week was a success:
1) Had points left over at the end of the week
2) Lost two pounds!
3) Went to dinner at my favorite restaurant, made a good healthy choice (instead of pizza or eggplant manicotti I had a salmon Caesar salad!)
4) I enjoyed every bite of that salmon Caesar salad because I SLOWED DOWN to eat it

Today is the start of week 3 for me, let's hope I can keep the momentum going through Christmas!

claustin
12-17-2013, 03:29 PM
Hello!

I am having a wonderful day today. Its a bit busy and we are in a Heavy snowfall warning (its blowing and snowy - not nice) buts its still a great day!!

I had my weigh in this morning...... I am down 2.2lbs! Yay!! 3lbs and I'll be in the 140's and at my Christmas goal :) I am excited today (if you couldn't tell lol)

Hope you all are having a fantastic day

abinks
12-18-2013, 04:46 PM
I know a lot of you have mentioned the new changes to the program, and concerns about that... I got work from my mom-in-law that it basically does away with tracking and points altogether. Has anyone received this new info at their meetings?

On a completely unrelated note... We just had our work holiday luncheon today. While I totally BUSTED my daily points, I feel like I did a really good job or portion control and eating slowly. And I didn't go back for seconds (or thirds) and only chose deserts that had fruit in them (so it's still pie, but its better than a bunch of cookies and chocolate right???). Also, I take comfort in knowing that it's these kind of occasions that your extra points are there for (right?).

Koshka
12-19-2013, 05:17 AM
No it does not do away with tracking and points.

There is new 2 week start for new members called Simple Start. It is similar to Simply Filling. You get a limited choice of foods and can spend 7 points a day on specified indulgences. This lasts for 2 weeks.

I do think they plan to emphasize Simply Filling more. Lots of people don't like to track everything they eat and think that tracking all their points is too difficult.

However, everyone has the option to use Points Plus or Simply Filling - which is exactly the same as it was. There is no change.

ladynredd
12-19-2013, 09:11 AM
Today starts day 5 for me. I feel like I'm doing well, no major challenges except eating all my points! In fact I've been a few points under every day -- I just don't WANT more food! A couple days I've had to go back after dinner (normally, when I'm done with dinner I am DONE) and have a handful of nuts in order to bring my points up ... will be interesting to see what the scale says Sunday morning.

Went Christmas caroling yesterday for the first time in years. In high school and college I sang in choirs and acapella chamber music groups, and when DH & I would go to the spa in our little community we would sing together because the acoustics were good but the last couple years he hasn't wanted to go and I haven't been singing much. I was shocked to find my middle range is basically gone. Guess I'll have to start consciously singing a couple times a week or I'll lose it altogether.

We had fun though. They had a parade of decorated golf carts and the people we sang to were those who have been ill recently or who are moving out of the community soon. One lady was so touched she cried. Three of the households brought out cookies (which I passed on) and it did help generate some Christmas spirit.

Other than that, no news to report ... still awaiting birth of grandchild #4, Dylan Thomas, scheduled to make his appearance on the 23rd ...

FluffyGirl79
12-20-2013, 03:50 PM
Gonna hang out here if that's ok! Happy to have a place for help and some WW tips and conversation! :)

FluffyGirl79
12-20-2013, 03:51 PM
By the way..just finished week 1 with no loss...but I didn't use my activity points or my weeklies....wondering if that will make a diff?

ladynredd
12-20-2013, 06:51 PM
Welcome, FluffyGirl! This is my first week back on WW. Why wait for New Year's?

It's been quiet here the last week, I imagine everyone is rushing around getting ready for Christmas.

Koshka
12-21-2013, 03:12 AM
In general, calories still count. So if you eat your activity points and your weekly points you will lose at a slower rate. You will usually still lose, just not as quickly. I personally don't eat my activity points but eat some of my weekly points (usually about half of them).

As you get closer to your goal weight it gets harder to lose though. My DH is 9 pounds from goal and is losing very slowly.

On doing week 1, did you do it points plus or did you do simple start?

If you did points plus did you weigh foods? It helps early on especially to weight food to make sure of serving size.

Also, how many fruits/veggie servings were you eating. Some people go overboard on fruit and don't lose as a result.

Becky Quilts
12-30-2013, 08:59 PM
I feel like I'm living a bad country song. My Christmas dinner for 22 turned into dinner for 6. The stomach flu went through my house and I ended up in the ER with my 2.5 year old daughter (tonsils out the 20th and wouldn't hold water down). Hubby brought home two birthday cakes - one for me, one for my son - a day early we we've had 3 days for 2 birthdays.... it's been a ride.

But life is good. Just not...really... on plan right now. Haha. Everyone is healthy and cosy right now, and the snow falling outside looks as if it's straight out of a movie. :)

I don't think I've gone back over 170, but I haven't weighed in a while.

How are you ladies doing? :) Any good Christmas presents? My husband found some very cozy pajamas for me this year.