Metabolic Research Center - MRC December 2013

View Full Version : MRC December 2013

MarleneV
12-01-2013, 01:02 AM
Hi everyone,

Starting a new December thread. Let's help each other get through the holidays and get 2014 off to a good start!

Maybe it will help if each of us picks one thing we are really going to concentrate on doing well this month? It could be exercise, avoiding a particular food, drinking all your water...

I have to decide what my thing will be. Tomorrow we drive back home, so will have lots of time to think about it

patzi
12-01-2013, 08:36 AM
Wishing everyone a great month..

I ate at friend's for Thanksgiving.. I am on maintenance and I had glass of wine and I ate LOTS of white meat turkey, no gravy, sweet potatoes, green beans and
lots of salad..There was a dish of roasted veggies and I had plenty of that. I had a small piece of apple pie, no icecream that was offered and coffee.

So I will see Tuesday how I made out. I enjoyed myself and did not feel left out because I did not eat a piece of all the desserts, stuffing, etc.. I really was full and happy. This is the new me since starting MRC.

Friday I went back and was eating healthy to my standards.

Hope y'all are having a great holiday weekend.

Marleney I am going to concentrate on not eating after 9:00PM.. Does not work for me when I do. I am good if I have a cocoa at night, but anything else, seems to stay with me weight wise in morning, so that is my goal.

Patzi

aschooley29
12-01-2013, 07:25 PM
Hi everyone,

Starting a new December thread. Let's help each other get through the holidays and get 2014 off to a good start!

Maybe it will help if each of us picks one thing we are really going to concentrate on doing well this month? It could be exercise, avoiding a particular food, drinking all your water...

I have to decide what my thing will be. Tomorrow we drive back home, so will have lots of time to think about it

My goal is just to stick to plan, including drinking enough water. I know this is two things but they go together. I weigh in in the morning, I am really hoping that I did not gain any after my Thanksgiving day indiscretions.

MarleneV
12-02-2013, 12:00 AM
Good job Patzi! It's all about getting to the point (in maintenance) where we can enjoy food but not overdo it, I think. Sounds as if you did just that. Like your one thing plan for the month.

Aschooley, if you do those 2 things, you should have a good month. No mater tomorrow's result, remember it is just a step on the journey.

My one thing for the month is that I will exercise every day (except tonight as we just got home). Either walk our long walk around the neighborhood or do at least one 20 minute session on our hybrid trainer.

Lady67
12-02-2013, 10:27 AM
Water is not an issue for me. I average 112 ounces a day.

What will be my problem this month is the home-made Christmas goodies that everyone brings in. And... the ones that I will make and take to my parents house. (they no longer do any baking) So, my goal is to stay away from all of the goodies!!!

BTW, with weigh-in last week, I lost 5 lbs!!! This takes me to a total of 50 lbs. 35 more lbs til I reach goal!

aschooley29
12-02-2013, 10:34 AM
Well I weighed in. I am not happy to post that I have gained 2 pounds :( :(

How can one screw up cause such bad results :?:

I now have 12 pounds to lose to reach my Christmas goal of 30 pounds.

aschooley29
12-02-2013, 10:38 AM
Water is not an issue for me. I average 112 ounces a day.

What will be my problem this month is the home-made Christmas goodies that everyone brings in. And... the ones that I will make and take to my parents house. (they no longer do any baking) So, my goal is to stay away from all of the goodies!!!

BTW, with weigh-in last week, I lost 5 lbs!!! This takes me to a total of 50 lbs. 35 more lbs til I reach goal!

Way to go on the 50 pounds!!! That is awesome!! :carrot:

Sophie1210
12-02-2013, 03:04 PM
I did this program twice in the past, but always ended up quitting because ultimately I couldn't stay on program. I got to the point where I was choking down food and trying not to gag I was so sick of it. However, it's the only thing that's worked for me to lose weight, so I thought I would try again. I found out about the Menus Made Easy program which they didn't have last time. Hopefully, that one will be easier for me to stick with. I turn 30 in 6 weeks so I'm hoping to lose at least 10 pounds if not more before then. I really don't want to struggle with my weight for the next decade of my life like I have for the past decade.

aschooley29
12-02-2013, 04:27 PM
I did this program twice in the past, but always ended up quitting because ultimately I couldn't stay on program. I got to the point where I was choking down food and trying not to gag I was so sick of it. However, it's the only thing that's worked for me to lose weight, so I thought I would try again. I found out about the Menus Made Easy program which they didn't have last time. Hopefully, that one will be easier for me to stick with. I turn 30 in 6 weeks so I'm hoping to lose at least 10 pounds if not more before then. I really don't want to struggle with my weight for the next decade of my life like I have for the past decade.

Welcome to the group!! You can definitely lose 10 pounds in 6 weeks!! :)

MarleneV
12-03-2013, 01:04 AM
Aschooley, it happens... Just go forward from here. I know you can do this.

Lady, WTG on hitting 50 lbs gone! That is great! You have picked a good thing to concentrate on this month, that will be hard.

I did 20 minutes on the elliptical tonight. It was nice enough out that we could have walked, but husband had some work to do. Tough day eating-wise. At work, I had to move into another office, we were moving several of us around. So, we ordered in pizza. This is only the second time I've had pizza since starting MRC in July 2012. Had thin crust, one was Meditranian, with spinach, feta, black olives, and tomatoes. The other had chicken, spinach and tomatoes. I had 2 small pieces and salad. Problem was, not enough protein, so I was hungry not long after. Had an orange. Then a pink lemonade shake. My husband called & said we could meet for dinner, but it was going to be after 6:30. I decided to have a 3rd piece of the pizza, again, it wasn't a normal size slice, really a half slice. Still hungry when it was finally time for dinner, had a beef fajita salad, and flour tortillas. Then I wasn't feeling too well... Think I overdid the carbs. Tomorrow will be much better.

MarleneV
12-03-2013, 01:12 AM

Sophie,
Welcome! Check out the recipes sticky for some ideas too. I think you could lose the 10 as well in the 6 weeks.

I'm turning 49 in February, and struggled with weight since I was in college. Up & down, more times than I could tell you(and mostly up). Did Weight Watchers at least 4 times... I started MRC in July 2012, and know that I can live on this program. The food choices are things that I would normally choose, except the carbs. Since I've reduced the carbs, I feel so much better! Today I had a high carb day, and know that the reason I didn't feel well this evening was it was too much! Anyway, starting at 30 would be so much better, the key is keeping up with it.

patzi
12-03-2013, 01:36 PM
I had maintenance weigh in today and I maintained, 5 pounds under goal. I am being very careful now as I have two Christmas parties coming up and there is Xmas.. So I am happy where I am.

Congrats to all those that lost weight, and welcome back Sophie.. You are right this program works if one works with it.. It is a great programs .

Patzi

MarleneV
12-03-2013, 09:24 PM
I had maintenance weigh in today and I maintained, 5 pounds under goal. I am being very careful now as I have two Christmas parties coming up and there is Xmas.. So I am happy where I am.

Patzi

WTG Patzi!

jmgirl
12-04-2013, 09:07 AM
Last week only down .6:( they immediately started me on green menu....i wasn't getting enough food.....Now i need to work on water...terrible at it....i weigh in today and according to scale at home down 2-3....We will see

R2BH
12-04-2013, 12:01 PM
Hello everyone,
Just started on Saturday and am really excited! I'm going to be focusing on following the plan and trying to get everything under control. I've been trying to get the whole supplement, HSN thing under control. I've seen some of the other threads, but some of the stuff posted I can no longer find available online. I'm having to take 4 HNS's a day and it's getting so EXPENSIVE!

aschooley29
12-04-2013, 07:50 PM
Welcome to the group R2BH!! I was told to take 4 a day also, but I told my counselor I could not afford it. She said to try 3 a day, and I have been losing just fine with three a day. I only use a 4th if I am really hungry. It has only happened twice. Talk to your counselor to see what she thinks.

jmgirl-- I am also really bad at drinking my water. Anyone have any suggestions?

Good job Patzi!!

Marlene- I have a recipe for a pizza that has a cauliflower crust. I made it last night, it was really good. I can give it to you if you wish. I know it would not have helped in your work situation, but it is a good substitute for real pizza at home.

MarleneV
12-05-2013, 12:23 AM
I used 4 HNS per day, but I agree with trying 3. I don't have them often now, just when I can't grab another snack and need something.

On the water, try putting fruit slices in it. Or for some of the water, try the water flavor drops. You can't use it for all of the water, but I think for 32 oz. eventually you get used to it. I rarely drink anything else now, even when we go out.

Aschooley, send that to me. I don't like cauliflower (or most cooked veggies), but I've heard so much about it, I should give it a try.

MarleneV
12-05-2013, 12:40 AM
Rough week here... pizza the other day. Yesterday was good. This evening was a party. I took colored peppers & cucumber strips with low-fat sour cream ranch dip. But had tortilla chips with those. I was still hungry, (it was all just snacky stuff), so we went to Taco Cabana. It seems like every time my order is not exactly correct. I don't want the shell, or the rice... Got both this time. Left most of the rice and the bowl for my husband to eat. Had an orange when we got home, and a cup of tea. Didn't get to walk or do the trainer... But since I did both yesterday, I'm calling that good.

Next two days should be good days, but have a party on Sat. I'm taking a salad to share, and I think I'm going to take a Baggie with chicken for me so I know I can have something. The cookies & cake didn't tempt me tonight, but I didn't do well with the chips. So I'm worried about that for Sat.

Did have a cool thing happen this evening- we also ran to Home Depot for something my husband needed. Another couple we know from our kids school activity happened to walk down our aisle and stopped to chat. We haven't seen them since last fall since our daughter changed activities. Anyway, the wife asked how much weight I had lost, and was amazed (and very complimentary). She had seen my daughter & I at Panerna a few weeks ago and was going to say hi, but wasn't sure it was me, and I obviously didn't see her or have it click in my head who she was. I just love when that happens. It will happen at the party Sat night, so that may be enough to keep me away from those chips. I might take some fruit too...

jmgirl
12-05-2013, 04:36 PM
Well down 2.8 this week!!

aschooley29
12-05-2013, 05:03 PM

Way to go!!

Lady67
12-05-2013, 05:11 PM
Hello everyone,
Just started on Saturday and am really excited! I'm going to be focusing on following the plan and trying to get everything under control. I've been trying to get the whole supplement, HSN thing under control. I've seen some of the other threads, but some of the stuff posted I can no longer find available online. I'm having to take 4 HNS's a day and it's getting so EXPENSIVE!

Just so you know, at the very beginning I only did 3 HNS and the Total Women's oil and I was losing 3 lbs a week. I am on Meta-balance and that is the max HNS we do. I did lately start taking the cortitrim, but I went over 4 months w/o taking it, and still do not take other supplements.

There are some places online where you can purchase some similar substitutes if you desire to.

Lady67
12-05-2013, 05:12 PM

:congrat: Very cool :D

loki
12-05-2013, 08:05 PM
Well I weighed in. I am not happy to post that I have gained 2 pounds :( :(

How can one screw up cause such bad results :?:

I now have 12 pounds to lose to reach my Christmas goal of 30 pounds.

My goal is also to lose 30 by Christmas. I think I have about 8 lbs to go....won't know for sure till I weigh in tomorrow!

aschooley29
12-06-2013, 10:59 AM
My goal is also to lose 30 by Christmas. I think I have about 8 lbs to go....won't know for sure till I weigh in tomorrow!

We can do it!!

Lady67
12-06-2013, 03:36 PM
Well, I gained 2 lbs. It does not surprise me as I did taste 3 pies on Thanksgiving ANDI have had a nasty cold all week and am eating cough drops, and cough syrup.

I am now on antibiotics, and am hoping this next week I will loose those 3 plus.

aschooley29
12-08-2013, 11:57 AM
Well, I gained 2 lbs. It does not surprise me as I did taste 3 pies on Thanksgiving ANDI have had a nasty cold all week and am eating cough drops, and cough syrup.

I am now on antibiotics, and am hoping this next week I will loose those 3 plus.

I also gained 2 lbs over Thanksgiving. Put it behind you and start a new, that is what I am trying to do. ;)

MarleneV
12-08-2013, 01:27 PM
Wondering where everyone is...

It has been really cold (for here) the past few days. I skipped 2 days on the elliptical (BAD!), but did get in yesterday as well as this morning. Also added in some crunch type exercises from when I was doing PT and some light weight work.

Went to a party last night, it was a pitch-in, so I took salad so there was something I could have. They had chicken, and venison (he got 2 weeks ago, so it was fresh!), so that was good. Also nibbled on some veggies. Had a few (4 or 5) crackers with some cheese. 2 small bowls of chili and a glass of wine. Should have stopped at 1 bowl of chili... And had 1/2 of a homemade choc chip cookie.

Weigh-in this am was 127.0, so that's up 1 from my current preferred 124-126 range. Should be able to get back down in a day or so.

DD is baking cookies today though. Hope I can keep out of those...

aschooley29
12-08-2013, 02:55 PM
You always do so good Marlene. I hope I can do as good as you. Did you ever post before and after photos? I would like to see them. If you do not want to post them I understand.

I have been good with my exercise for two days now. I just need to keep it up. I helped my daughter make some really yummy looking peppermint dipped chocolate cookies, the family loved them. I was able to resist and not eat any. I ate a HNS choco pudding instead.

KelSlo74
12-08-2013, 05:47 PM
This is going to be my first week OP, I get measured tomorrow, hoping I have agood report on my weigh in next monday!

patzi
12-08-2013, 05:51 PM
Hello all.. I want to congratulate all those who are hanging in there and saying no to foods not on program.. I know how hard it is..

Well, last night I had party #1. This was a sit down dinner with a cocktail hour.. For cocktail hour, I ate only protein .. I had shrimp and chicken on skewer... Rest of stuff was so yummy , but I stayed away from it..Had a glass of wine. I called the restaurant ahead of time to see if I could have fish or chicken baked or broiled on the fish and that was no problem as there were three different choices.I had fish without the creme sauce, steamed veggies and a large salad with oil and vinegar. I did not have another glass of wine, as I wanted the freedom of a dessert or after dinner drink. For dessert I had a fruit bowl with a dollop of sherbert that was very good. The desserts were to die for and on a cart that was brought around and I had a bit of a hard time with this, but talked myself out of it. This is what got me in trouble in the past, and a taste of this , a taste of that, all adds up to weight on me.

I am telling you what I had because, even though I am on maintenance, I do watch what I eat as I know my trigger points. For you struggling, it can be done. You have to have made up your mind that you can do it and the program will work for you.. I gained two pounds from last night, but I will go back on program for a couple of days and get it off.. Mercy me, I have another party next week. Difficult time of year for all of us. I did not feel cheated, that is something this program has taught me. I can never go back to the way things were. I ate, I was full , and there you go..

Congrats to all those that lost and all those that stayed on program. Be proud of yourself. I know it is an on going challenge, but trust me it is worth it.

Patzi

patzi
12-08-2013, 05:53 PM
re: HNS , I buy some that are compatible from Diet Direct when on sale.. They have the powdered and all the gel type ones. Being on maintenance I stopped taking them, except when I have gained a few pounds and go back on program to take the pounds off. I can't recall who asked a question relative to HNS.

Patzi

MarleneV
12-09-2013, 12:35 AM
You always do so good Marlene. I hope I can do as good as you. Did you ever post before and after photos? I would like to see them. If you do not want to post them I understand.

I have been good with my exercise for two days now. I just need to keep it up. I helped my daughter make some really yummy looking peppermint dipped chocolate cookies, the family loved them. I was able to resist and not eat any. I ate a HNS choco pudding instead.

I haven't posted before & after photos, I'll find some and post. I certainly have a lot.

Part of why I do well is that I check in here, and post. It helps me keep on track.

I stayed out of her cookies too. It helped that I did the workout, then got my shower after posting earlier. By the time I finally got downstairs, she was finishing them up and wrapping up to take to school tomorrow. So I didn't have to actually look at them... Good choice on the pudding, Aschooley!

MarleneV
12-09-2013, 12:37 AM
This is going to be my first week OP, I get measured tomorrow, hoping I have agood report on my weigh in next monday!

Welcome, Kelly! Let us know if you have questions!

Good luck with your first week!

MarleneV
12-09-2013, 12:39 AM
Patzi,

Thanks for sharing your experience too. It helps me along, and should give hope to those not yet on maintenance that it is possible, when they read of the successes we have.

If you are like me, it helps to have to be accountable to the group too!

Marlene

aschooley29
12-09-2013, 11:10 AM
Patzi,

Thanks for sharing your experience too. It helps me along, and should give hope to those not yet on maintenance that it is possible, when they read of the successes we have.

If you are like me, it helps to have to be accountable to the group too!

Marlene

Marlene is exactly right, Thank you Patzi!!

I weighed in this morning, Happy to announce that I lost 4 pounds!!! :carrot: :carrot:
8 pounds to my 30 lb goal. I do not think I will get there by Christmas but definitely by New Years!!

aschooley29
12-09-2013, 11:16 AM
This is going to be my first week OP, I get measured tomorrow, hoping I have a good report on my weigh in next Monday!

Welcome to the group!! This group has helped me so much and we can help you too. Good luck on your journey.

Lady67
12-09-2013, 11:40 AM
I also gained 2 lbs over Thanksgiving. Put it behind you and start a new, that is what I am trying to do. ;)

Thank you. :)

So far so good. I have not stepped on scale even at home so I have no idea where I am. Tho I am finding it difficult to eat period while being sick. I hope that does not put me in a tail spin either!

Happy Monday everyone!

KelSlo74
12-09-2013, 08:52 PM
Thanks aschooley29, MarleneV ♥
Happy to report I lost 5 lbs on pre conditioning, soo happy, however, I have 2 parties this fri and sunday..boy my timing for starting stinks? I have chosen to start on the 4 week, dip my toes in the water and see how it goes plan, from there I will choose the 17 week plan..the menus I got where the green, for the month.My question is would it be ok to alter my choices like turkey for chicken or green beans for mushrooms, etc?
And one more, the longer programs, how do they vary? I saw posts on different colored menus.

MarleneV
12-10-2013, 12:32 AM
Marlene is exactly right, Thank you Patzi!!

I weighed in this morning, Happy to announce that I lost 4 pounds!!! :carrot: :carrot:
8 pounds to my 30 lb goal. I do not think I will get there by Christmas but definitely by New Years!!

Woo hoo! WTG aschooley!

MarleneV
12-10-2013, 12:37 AM
Thank you. :)

So far so good. I have not stepped on scale even at home so I have no idea where I am. Tho I am finding it difficult to eat period while being sick. I hope that does not put me in a tail spin either!

Happy Monday everyone!

Lady, being sick doesn't help. If you have several days before weigh in, maybe call your center & ask for suggestions, or if it is in the next 24 hours, ask while you are there. Maybe it would be ok to have an extra HNS soup or drink if you just can't eat.

MarleneV
12-10-2013, 12:47 AM
Happy to report I lost 5 lbs on pre conditioning, soo happy, however, I have 2 parties this fri and sunday..boy my timing for starting stinks? I have chosen to start on the 4 week, dip my toes in the water and see how it goes plan, from there I will choose the 17 week plan..the menus I got where the green, for the month.My question is would it be ok to alter my choices like turkey for chicken or green beans for mushrooms, etc?
And one more, the longer programs, how do they vary? I saw posts on different colored menus.

Good going on the 5, that's a great start.

Ah, the green menu... That is pretty much it, assuming that is the same one that we've all done. Turkey is usable for chicken, white fishes, venison, and others. I like bison, you'll want to get the bison sirloin if you want to try this. Bison counts like chicken. The ground you buy in a grocery or Costco has added fat, but if you can buy from a farmers market, ask them, because the stuff from my local farmers market doesn't have extra fat in it.

I don't have my menu handy to answer about the green beans, but I think those are more starchy, and so not on the green menu. I dislike most cooked veggies & live on salad (even now on maintenance), so someone else may know the answer to that off the top.

For those who are interested, maintenance adds some foods and some servings of different categories. Honestly, I tend to eat mostly the same stuff, because I like it and it is easy.

Lady67
12-10-2013, 10:34 AM
Lady, being sick doesn't help. If you have several days before weigh in, maybe call your center & ask for suggestions, or if it is in the next 24 hours, ask while you are there. Maybe it would be ok to have an extra HNS soup or drink if you just can't eat.

Thanks for the suggestion. I weigh in Thursday night. I will give them a call today and see what they say.

I did step on the scale at home this am tho, and am happy to report I seem to have lost the 2 lbs I gained on Thanksgiving!!! At least I think I have. I don't count it until it is official on the MRC scale.

Lady67
12-10-2013, 10:36 AM

wohooo!!! congrats on the 5 lbs!!! :carrot::carrot:

I can't make suggestions on the plan as I am doing meta-balance instead of meta-slim. Good luck, and remember at parties, you can always take along some munchies of your own. raw veggies are wonderful for this! (or many places will have a relish tray with raw veggies)

MarleneV
12-12-2013, 12:30 AM
Thanks for the suggestion. I weigh in Thursday night. I will give them a call today and see what they say.

I did step on the scale at home this am tho, and am happy to report I seem to have lost the 2 lbs I gained on Thanksgiving!!! At least I think I have. I don't count it until it is official on the MRC scale.

How did your weigh in go?

Hope you are feeling better too!

aschooley29
12-12-2013, 06:36 PM
I am so excited. I have always wanted get clothes from a store here near me. They only carry sizes up to 14, XL. and the XL is hard to come by. I tried on two pairs of jeans and they fit!!! I was a size 20. I am wearing a 14!!! I can hardly believe it. WOOT, WOOT!!

Sophie1210
12-12-2013, 11:29 PM
I got my menus today for the menus made easy. It's based on 1550 calories/day and it looks awesome! There's a sheet for B/L/D and a snack and it has options in every category. Lots of options for everything which is exciting because that was my problem before with not enough. I have 3 meals a week where I can substitute something like a grilled cheese sandwich or lean cuisine. They told me I won't lose as quickly on this program, but I will lose. I don't care how slow it is as long as it's a program I can stick with.

MarleneV
12-13-2013, 12:43 AM
I am so excited. I have always wanted get clothes from a store here near me. They only carry sizes up to 14, XL. and the XL is hard to come by. I tried on two pairs of jeans and they fit!!! I was a size 20. I am wearing a 14!!! I can hardly believe it. WOOT, WOOT!!

That's so neat! WOOT WOOT FOR YOU!

aschooley29
12-13-2013, 10:44 AM
I got my menus today for the menus made easy. It's based on 1550 calories/day and it looks awesome! There's a sheet for B/L/D and a snack and it has options in every category. Lots of options for everything which is exciting because that was my problem before with not enough. I have 3 meals a week where I can substitute something like a grilled cheese sandwich or lean cuisine. They told me I won't lose as quickly on this program, but I will lose. I don't care how slow it is as long as it's a program I can stick with.

you can do it!! Losing slowly is the best way to be able to keep it off. You are making a great choice!!:carrot:

aschooley29
12-13-2013, 10:44 AM
Thanks Marlene!!

Lady67
12-14-2013, 12:02 AM
How did your weigh in go?

Hope you are feeling better too!

Thanks Marlene :)

It is slow - but yeah I am feeling better :) Antibiotics are wonderful things when you have a bacterial infection!

I lost the 2 lbs I gained over thanksgiving AND one more !!

Plus I had my measurements taken. total 51 lbs and 64.25 inches!!! woot!

Have a great evening everyone.;

MarleneV
12-14-2013, 12:43 PM
Thanks Marlene :)

It is slow - but yeah I am feeling better :) Antibiotics are wonderful things when you have a bacterial infection!

I lost the 2 lbs I gained over thanksgiving AND one more !!

Plus I had my measurements taken. total 51 lbs and 64.25 inches!!! woot!

Have a great evening everyone.;

Good Job!

Kgirlslim
12-15-2013, 08:48 AM
Brand new to the program. Starting the Menu's today. So excited to find this site for all the questions I may have as I travel this journey

Lady67
12-15-2013, 08:50 AM
Brand new to the program. Starting the Menu's today. So excited to find this site for all the questions I may have as I travel this journey

WElcome to 3Fatchicks/MRC!!!

The people on this site are wonderful and very helpful!

Kgirlslim
12-15-2013, 09:02 AM
Thanks Lady67

aschooley29
12-15-2013, 09:08 PM

Welcome to the site. It has been a lifeline for me. Good luck on your journey!!

MarleneV
12-16-2013, 01:03 AM
Welcome to our newbies! Glad to have you along.

Hope that everyone has a good week. Keep your minds on your goal!

I've been up a little. Still under my goal, but a little higher than I'd like, and this week is going to be challenging every evening. I have a car club meeting Mon., a board meeting Tues., networking Wed., party Thurs. Friends want to get together on the weekend too.... I'm going to be very careful at work, and try to stay under control in the evenings. Then the next week is Christmas...

Yikes! At least DH & oldest daughter leave on 12/26 for Europe trip, and the younger daughter is almost never home. So, I'll be really good without anyone to cater to beside myself! depending on where I am, I might go on green menu & HSN for a week or two to get back down.

Lady67
12-16-2013, 09:17 AM
Welcome to our newbies! Glad to have you along.

Hope that everyone has a good week. Keep your minds on your goal!

I've been up a little. Still under my goal, but a little higher than I'd like, and this week is going to be challenging every evening. I have a car club meeting Mon., a board meeting Tues., networking Wed., party Thurs. Friends want to get together on the weekend too.... I'm going to be very careful at work, and try to stay under control in the evenings. Then the next week is Christmas...

Yikes! At least DH & oldest daughter leave on 12/26 for Europe trip, and the younger daughter is almost never home. So, I'll be really good without anyone to cater to beside myself! depending on where I am, I might go on green menu & HSN for a week or two to get back down.

I have no doubt that you will once again lose what you have gained. :) You are focused on your goal. Relax and enjoy your holiday with the kids. You are so correct, it will be very easy once the oldest leaves for Europe and you can cook what you need, and not what they want!

patzi
12-17-2013, 01:40 PM
Aschooley.... Congrats on the drop size.. That is fantastic. Very happy for you.

Kgirlslim.. Welcome to the site.. Glad to have you. Wish you all the luck in your new challenge.

Well, ladies, I had told you I had my second party of the month last week. I I went on scale next morning and gained 2 1/2 pounds.. I went on one day of Meta Slim, and the rest of week on green menu, and I had maintenance weigh in this morning and I maintained and am still 5 pounds under goal.. I knew I had to take the weight off, as I have another party for New Years.

This party was also formal, but we had choices of dinner.. I picked the roasted chicken dinner, had no bread,no potatoes , had a glass of wine, plenty of veggies and salad. I did not have the soup as it was creme based. For the cocktail hour, I had some cheese, fruit, and some shrimp kebob.
For dessert, had an after dinner drink, and fruit medley. There were Christmas cookies, candy, and all kinds of luscious festive desserts, but I stayed away from them.

So , one can have a good time on maintenance as long as they eat sensibly and know that the weight has to come off if goes on.. I know my weight gain the following morning was a lot from salt, and the sugar in the after dinner drink, probably and my eating too much fruit is not good for me, especially at night, I gain weight when I do that. I am better with protein.

Wishing you all a great weight loss this week.

Patzi

FetchLizzie
12-17-2013, 02:56 PM
Hello everyone!

It's been a while since I posted. Rejoined MRC just before Thanksgiving and have been doing pretty well even with all of the temptations around this time of the year.

I weighed in yesterday and am down 10 pounds since my start!

I have been lurking and all of your posts are so helpful and inspiring!

finale
12-17-2013, 03:18 PM
Congrats way to go...Lady67

Lady67
12-17-2013, 04:11 PM
Thanks finale :D one day at a time!

FetchLizzie -- Congratulations! that's excellent!

patzi - I admire your ability to stick with everything. Knowing you can enjoy things - understanding that you may gain, but then must get right on the wagon and get it back off. That is inspiring for many many of us. Thank you.

Happy Tuesday everyone!

JenB72
12-17-2013, 10:42 PM
Hi, everyone! I just survived the two most stressful months at work that I've had in I don't know how long. Not only did I survive, but I kept my eye on the target and kept losing weight. I'm now down 35 pounds! Only 10.5 to go. I hope everyone is having a great holiday season. Just stay focused and you can make it through this time. Just think of every pound lost at this time of year as a present to youself. ;)

:present: :present: :present: :present: :present: :present: :present:

jmgirl
12-18-2013, 04:51 PM
We'll down another pound this week for a total of 10....slow loss BUT I got measured today and down 25.75 inches....I'll take that...going to try and take diff supplements this next month to shake it up a bit

aschooley29
12-19-2013, 10:33 AM
Hi, everyone! I just survived the two most stressful months at work that I've had in I don't know how long. Not only did I survive, but I kept my eye on the target and kept losing weight. I'm now down 35 pounds! Only 10.5 to go. I hope everyone is having a great holiday season. Just stay focused and you can make it through this time. Just think of every pound lost at this time of year as a present to yourself. ;)

I love the way you think!! I hope we can all give ourselves many many presents this Christmas!! Congrats on the 35 lbs!! Losing during stress is very impressive!:carrot:

aschooley29
12-19-2013, 10:35 AM
You are doing great jmgirl!! Keep it up!!

MarleneV
12-20-2013, 12:48 AM

kgirlslim, how has it been going? Hope well, let us know!

MarleneV
12-20-2013, 12:50 AM

Sophie, hope it's going well for you too! Let us know.

MarleneV
12-20-2013, 12:54 AM
Hi, everyone! I just survived the two most stressful months at work that I've had in I don't know how long. Not only did I survive, but I kept my eye on the target and kept losing weight. I'm now down 35 pounds! Only 10.5 to go. I hope everyone is having a great holiday season. Just stay focused and you can make it through this time. Just think of every pound lost at this time of year as a present to youself. ;)

Jen, congrats on getting through the stress. I have a lot of stress at work too, we have very busy times throughout the year with multiple projects & deadlines. Keeping on plan with focus on the target works! Good luck getting at last 10.5 gone. We know you can do it!

MarleneV
12-20-2013, 12:58 AM
We'll down another pound this week for a total of 10....slow loss BUT I got measured today and down 25.75 inches....I'll take that...going to try and take diff supplements this next month to shake it up a bit

Keep at it jmgirl. Every bit off either pounds or inches is one step closer to goal. If you find that you tend to eat a lot of the same things, maybe try to change that up a little. I would sometimes eat a turkey burger for breakfast for several days, and it would get things moving.

MarleneV
12-20-2013, 01:07 AM
My week got changed up some, didn't go to the party we were planning on attending tonight, but went to a women's wine networking event last night and have a different party tomorrow night.

The wine event was SO fun, because I hadn't seen some of the ladies there in a while. The owner of the wine bar asked what I did with the rest of me. :))
Another lady that I've met at several different things & hung out with at some conferences actually introduced herself to me... And was completely shocked that she already knew me. Now, I will say that I haven't seen some of them since before I started MRC over a year ago. I just stopped going to those type of events because I wasn't going to drink or eat, and didn't trust myself. I had one glass of wine last night & really enjoyed it, turned down pizza, and had a great time.

Plan for tomorrow is to go for dinner before we go to the party, so I won't be tempted to eat junk. Then Saturday dinner with friends, I'm going to take a big salad and they eat semi-paleo, so I'll be fine there.

JenB72
12-20-2013, 02:27 PM
MarleneV, that is awesome!!! Must have been a great feeling.

I weighed in yesterday...only 10 to go now!!!!

aschooley29
12-20-2013, 02:57 PM
Had a very bad food day yesterday. I did a lot of baking for our neighbors and for a party we are going to this weekend. I tasted one of the goodies. And that led to another and another. Then I got a package from my husband's boss filled with the most delicious truffles!! I ate way too many!! I will not let this hamper my weight loss. That is the promise to myself. I started anew today.

MarleneV
12-21-2013, 10:20 AM
MarleneV, that is awesome!!! Must have been a great feeling.

I weighed in yesterday...only 10 to go now!!!!

It was Jen!

Congrats on hitting 10 to go. :carrot:

MarleneV
12-21-2013, 10:22 AM
Had a very bad food day yesterday. I did a lot of baking for our neighbors and for a party we are going to this weekend. I tasted one of the goodies. And that led to another and another. Then I got a package from my husband's boss filled with the most delicious truffles!! I ate way too many!! I will not let this hamper my weight loss. That is the promise to myself. I started anew today.

Aschooley, that happens... Best thing is that you got right back to it and didn't let it derail you.

MarleneV
12-21-2013, 10:27 AM
Yesterday ended up being a good day... Had our Rotary Club white elephant party at lunch. I always get a salad and eat only 2-3 chips (Mexican restaurant). There were cookies, and I had only a small part of one that had to be very low cal. Then for the evening party, we did go to dinner before the party, so I wasn't hungry at all when we got to the party. Had one small cup of wine, and they had cheese cubes and veggies, so I had some of those, stayed away from cookies, crackers & stuff like that.

patzi
12-22-2013, 09:23 AM
For two days I have been trying to write a message and can't finish due to pop ups on this site.. Anyone else have this problem.. I tried two different browsers and still the same.. This ad comes across the message so I can't finish it..If I click on ad, I lose it...

Patzi.

MarleneV
12-22-2013, 07:16 PM
For two days I have been trying to write a message and can't finish due to pop ups on this site.. Anyone else have this problem.. I tried two different browsers and still the same.. This ad comes across the message so I can't finish it..If I click on ad, I lose it...

Patzi.

No, not having that problem here. Sorry, not any help...

aschooley29
12-23-2013, 11:26 AM

Patzi.

I am not having that problem. It might be a bug in your computer.

I weighed in today. I lost 4 lbs. Super excited. I am not sure how I lost that weight when I had a bad eating day this week. I was expecting to go up or stay the same.

MarleneV
12-23-2013, 09:00 PM
I weighed in today. I lost 4 lbs. Super excited. I am not sure how I lost that weight when I had a bad eating day this week. I was expecting to go up or stay the same.

WTG! :carrot::carrot::jig::jig:

patzi
12-24-2013, 01:28 PM
I am not having that problem. It might be a bug in your computer.

This is fantastic.. Way to go...

Patzi

patzi
12-24-2013, 01:48 PM
I had maintenance weigh in this morning and I stayed the same, still 5 pounds under goal..

Patzi

aschooley29
12-26-2013, 10:31 AM
Merry Christmas Ladies!!

Lady67
12-26-2013, 04:00 PM
Merry Christmas Ladies!!

:) Merry Christmas to you......

Merry Christmas everyone! I hope that your holiday is filled with happiness and joy!

discoverjoy
12-27-2013, 11:24 AM
Hello all! I am back OP. I don't know what I weigh, but I am sure it would make me cry for at least 20 minutes or so.

Regardless, I'm back, and I'm sticking to plan for 90 days. I'm on Day 2. Just going straight to green menu. I may decide, after new years, to trickle back through, yellow, blue, green, but green is a good way to get my brain back to MRC thinking.

I read that habits are formed by repetition, and that poor diet is a habit. So, 90 days ought to get me my cute body, and get me back to treating myself like a queen.

I need your support DESPERATELY!!!! There are no centers where I live, UNFORTUNATELY.

Thanks!

JOY

MarleneV
12-28-2013, 01:17 AM
Hello all! I am back OP. I don't know what I weigh, but I am sure it would make me cry for at least 20 minutes or so.

Regardless, I'm back, and I'm sticking to plan for 90 days. I'm on Day 2. Just going straight to green menu. I may decide, after new years, to trickle back through, yellow, blue, green, but green is a good way to get my brain back to MRC thinking.

I read that habits are formed by repetition, and that poor diet is a habit. So, 90 days ought to get me my cute body, and get me back to treating myself like a queen.

I need your support DESPERATELY!!!! There are no centers where I live, UNFORTUNATELY.

Thanks!

JOY

WELCOME! We'll do what we can. :hug:

MarleneV
12-29-2013, 10:46 PM
I posted a thread with my before & after pic that Aschooley asked a while back if I could post. Just mentioning it here in case you miss it. It is still under the MRC group.

patzi
12-30-2013, 09:32 AM
Re: Maintenance Weigh in.. I am going to take a break this week.. I will go a week from Tuesday. Tomorrow is last party, thank goodness. My scale says I am still under goal, so hope I can keep it there next week.

Patzi

aschooley29
01-01-2014, 05:54 PM

Thanks!

JOY

Welcome Joy,

I am also not near a center. We can support each other. The ladies on here have been wonderful.