Support Groups - Worldly Chicks Remembering Melody at Christmas

Pages : 1 [2]

annie175
12-31-2013, 09:27 AM
Happy New Years Eve Day! I ring in the new year at around 9:30 and go to bed. haha

Working till noon today then out of here. I am going to make stuffed cabbage rolls in the crocker tomorrow then my bro and SIL are coming over around 1:00 for yummies. Not sure what else I am going to serve with them but sure to come up with something.

Not doing personals today, too many irons in the fire, security is here and the painters are here finishing up the other suite we are expanding into. I am chief bottle washer for this shindig. I want them to be done by noon so I can leave. Friday evening we move so it will be a late nite of work for me. bleh.

HAPPY HAPPY NEW YEAR.....Let this be a safe, healthy, happy, prosperus year for all of us worldlie chickies. Hugs and love to you lovely ladies and thank you for making me a part of your lives. xoxoxo Annie

Laura705
12-31-2013, 12:08 PM
Arrgh, just lost my post! Not gonna re-write it.

Happy New Year to Shad - did you stay up to ring in 2014? :newyear:

Wishing the rest of the Worldlies a Happy New Year, with mucho health & happiness in 2014. :newyear:

happy2bme
12-31-2013, 12:14 PM
My last Mel Moment for the thread -

WISHING ALL OF US A VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR FILLED WITH LOTS OF HAPPINESS, GOOD HEALTH AND LOVE. :grouphug:

I HAD TO POST THAT BEFORE I ANSWERED THE DOOR. SEEMS LIKE NEW YEARS EVE IS BEGINNING EARLY AND A TENANTS SON IS DRUNK ALREADY :faint: BABIES, DRUNKS, WOUNDED ANIMALS AND SICK PEOPLE LOVE ME :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

HAVE A GREAT DAY. I INTEND TO SPEND MINE WITH HARRISON FORD...HOPE HE TREATS ME BETTER THAN ALL HIS WIVES!!!

http://i347.photobucket.com/albums/p464/arpatyarn/happynewyear.gif

Goodbye my dear friend, I am sure going to miss you and your humor. Where ever you are now, they are lucky you landed there. Keep on spreading your special kind of love - I am honored to have been a part of your life. :hug:

Thank you too to all the chicks who participated in the Mellie Moments. :grouphug:

happy2bme
12-31-2013, 12:35 PM
Good chilly morning on this New Year's Eve,

It was minus 21 degrees this morning at 8:30 which is pretty darn cold for the morning when the sun is already up. It was chilly in the house too although much warmer in the back half where the bedroom is - and the place I would not have minded being on the cooler side. I'm just glad we have heat and no reason to go out.

Michelle - you certainly are the queen of the wild ride when it comes to jobs. What an interesting turn of events. But didn't you say that the SJ office was closed for 2 weeks over the holidays? Who was there to negotiate the new offer? Glad it all worked out the way you wanted it to.

Annie - hope you get out of the office early and good to hear that C is having a "clean run" that has to put your mind at ease - for the moment. Send some cabbage rolls over to my sister please - she LOVES them.

Ceejay - hope you don't get sick from the popcorn. That was something my Mom loved and was her biggest regret to have to give up for the diverticulitis. I guess having a tummy ache is the best motivator to turn one's eating plan around - but hey, that food still sounds good in our head no matter how much we tell ourselves we shouldn't have it, right?

Shaddie - you're almost close to ringing in the New Year. Make sure it's a good one - some of the chicks can use some good vibes.

Laura - sorry you lost your post. Re: grating the citrus rind, if you don't already have one, look at getting a micro plane. I have a couple of them - differerent sizes for grating zest, cheese, etc. I love them and so does everyone who has tried them. You can get them anywhere in the housewares section.

Susie - do you have any plans for tonight? Did you decide on anything with DH's ablation?

As for me, I am in the mood to bring some organization into my life this New Year. Also intend to focus hard on the eating and exercising. First I have to take care of this vertigo which is getting worse. Now even slight head movements get me wobbly. I have an appointment with the physical therapist January 16 to see if we can get these crystals back where they belong.

I am also going to be backing off the computer for a while. I spend entirely too much time on here and once I get on, it's hard to get off so I am better off staying away in the first place. It also is not doing me any good with my neck pain. I'm realizing now that part of the reason I felt so good at my sister's was that I was not sitting for hours hunched over a keyboard. And I'm headed right back to where I was earlier with the neck and back pain which means it's time to get in front of it and change some things up. So I'll be posting less frequently and am debating about shutting down my Facebook account also.

I wish each and every one of you a very happy and healthy new year. May we achieve the dreams and goals we set for ourselves.

Love to all of you :grouphug: :newyear:

annie175
12-31-2013, 01:06 PM
HEY HAPPY....before you go, could you or SHADDIE start the new thread for January? I really do not have any suggestions.

diyana
12-31-2013, 04:24 PM
A quick post just to answer Happy's question: yes, the office is closed for the New Year, the Director of Marketing, HR, VP of Sales and Marketing and the CEO/President all communicated via email to work out the offer. Then they emailed the offer to me. I felt bad making them "work" on their 2 weeks off...but I'm glad they thought highly enough of me to do so and to make me a great offer.

Happy New Year to all my friends! I'm feeling very positive and optimistic about 2014. I wish us all great health and lots and lots of happiness. :D

I don't have any plans this evening, so I'll probably be back online.

Love and hugs,

ceejay52
12-31-2013, 04:41 PM
Happy
Don't stay away from the computer all together. I've made that resolution last year. I do limit my time so I can get more things done.
Hope you feel better soon. Yes, an unhappy tummy makes one think twice about certain things. The only way to keep up with the nieces and nephews is through FB but even they are not posting as often as I like.

Laura
Understand about not doing a re-write.

Annie
Glad C is doing better.

-------
Wishing all the worldlies a very Happy New Year.
I too have some things on the agenda that I want to get done in 2014. I'm getting more and more organized on a weekly basis. This year I want to paint in the living room and bathroom and get it ready for my move in 2015. I am going to plead with the landlord on getting at least new linoleum. He'll have to replace it when I move anyway.

Shad
12-31-2013, 07:03 PM
Don't post here anymore - click http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/290194-worldly-chicks-remembering-melody-christmas-7.html

MyChoice2bfit
12-31-2013, 07:10 PM
I saw that Shad said not to post here anymore but I wanted to say Happy New Year to everyone. You have all been so lovely and inviting to me since I joined the thread. I'm looking forward to 2014 with all of you!

I'll find the new thread too and post there!

happy2bme
12-31-2013, 09:32 PM
WAIT, WAIT, WAIT - Shad's been hitting the bottle (after all it is the New Year on her side of the pond) and she posted the wrong link.

So if you want to play the movie Groundhog Day and keep going back to December, click Shad's link.

Otherwise click this one To take you to the January Worldies New Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/291063-worldlies-january-janus-god-new-year-good-intentions.html)