Weight Loss Support - Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - December 2013 - Everyone Welcome!

Diana3271
11-30-2013, 11:33 AM
Hello Everyone! :wave: Welcome to the Check-In! Let's make it a great month!

I want to welcome everyone to the Daily Accountability Check-In. Our goal is to stay accountable and on track by posting our daily food and exercise choices. All food and exercise programs are welcome. Consistency is the key to reaching our weight loss goals.

Introduce yourself or jump right in and tell us what you have been doing.

:cheer2: Here's to the start of a great month! :cheer2:

Skinnygirldreams
11-30-2013, 01:42 PM
Hey! I just started back with 3fc after a slippery slope down hill the last 4 months. Starting over! I work today and tomorrow 7a-730p. So my goal is to keep under my 1600 calories and get my steps in at work. my goal is 7-10k. :)

novangel
11-30-2013, 03:38 PM
Wow! December already??

I guess that means it's time to get moving. I've been very lethargic and sleeping quite a bit lately but last week I couldn't sleep for anything, seems my body is trying to play catch up and losing. :^:

Most of you already know me; running and Jillian Michaels obsessed along with everything in moderation diet. Maintaining 140p since April.

In totally unrelated news:
Syckgirls, We're discussing a trip to Vegas the last weekend of Feb but my fear of flying.... :( That seems too soon, I feel like I need 6 months to mentally prepare but that weekend is a very ideal time for us to go. I don't know what to do! This stupid fear is really harboring my life. :rollpin: Edited to add: We'd also be staying at the Bellagio. Fountain view. :D

Radiojane
11-30-2013, 05:39 PM
I'm also thinking vegas for next year. My bf is turning 30 in March so a trip would be a combined Christmas/ birthday gift.

I did 45 minutes in the pool today, longest since I've been sick. Feeling it now, but I'm sure I'll have my strength back soon. Water weight is coming off nicely too!

IanG
11-30-2013, 10:01 PM
kelijpa...it's a big salad. It's evolved as a mix of foods I think are very good for me. They don't really go together well e.g. blueberries and anchovies. But they have done nice things for my body, especially skin and hair. So it's all mixed up and I eat it all at once.

Down 0.4lbs today.

Breakfast: Baked oats with honey, apple sauce, raisins, cinnamon with blueberry greek yoghurt. 1 coffee, milk, no sugar.

Lunch: Sardines, pan-seared scallops, salted cod, salted pollock, rainbow trout, 10 anchovies, cod liver, seaweed, argula, blueberries, blackberries, red onion, mushrooms, spinach, lentils, sweetcorn, black beans, kimchi, olive hummus, french onion dip, 4 olives, tomato, hemp seed, pickled hot garlic.

Dinner: Will drink beer (Green Flash Imperial IPA).

Exercise: Ran 10k. And joined a weekend gym. It's getting too cold to run outside now!

OATS!

Diana3271
11-30-2013, 10:32 PM
Hi Everyone! :wave:

I had a freakin' awesome meal tonight! :drool:

Unfortunately, TTOM hung on for another day. Just barely, though. Two freakin' weeks and I am so over it.

Total Approx 1580 Calories + :coffee:

Breakfast (395 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin 130 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (260 calories)
Plain Greek Yogurt 260 Calories

Dinner (925 Calories)
Salad w/Bolthouse Ranch 100 calories
Roasted potatoes, carrots, parsnips, red bell peppers, onions w/thyme and rosemary 200 calories
sugar snap peas 100 calories
Grilled lobster tail 125 calories
Grilled scallops 200 calories
Garden lites pumpkin souffle 200 calories

Exercise:
4 Mile outdoor walk

Diana3271
11-30-2013, 10:53 PM
Fluffypuppy Things really slow down as you get close to goal. In fact, it can take months to lose 1 or 2 pounds. Keep things in moderation and keep working your plan. You can do it.

Radiojane I'm glad to hear that you are feeling better. Did they change your antibiotic again or did it finally start working for you?

Inkrid Did the family take care of the leftovers?

Kelijpa How was the neighborhood get together?

Pluckypear I hope you get a great tree tomorrow!

Skinnygirldreams Hi and Welcome to the check-in! :welcome2:

Novangel I hope you can make that trip to Vegas! I would love to go one day, too.

Ian Good job on the .4!

We have started making our Christmas plans. We got the OK to stay at a friends vacation home (must be nice, right? ;)) At least we get to borrow it for a week. They actually like people to go up there so someone can keep an eye on things and restock the house with goods. We normally go there every year but didn't last year because we went on a cruise. We will be staying at a place called Conastee Falls in Brevard, NC.
http://www.connesteefalls.com/
http://connesteefalls.com/ConnesteeFalls-Parks.php
We are going here for Christmas:
http://www.groveparkinn.com/accommodations
We will eat at their restaurant on Christmas day:
http://www.groveparkinn.com/media/1759082/blue_ridge-christmas_day_buffet_2013_11.11.13.pdf

alaskanlaughter
11-30-2013, 10:57 PM
my alarm didn't go off this morning so I got up an hour past what I had planned on....I had a very quick workout at the gym...then I took grandma to the airport and, after a two-hour process, found out that the plane wasn't flying to the village after all...the weather was horrid and the plane was having mechanical issues and flying straight to the big city Anchorage...so after all that I took everyone back home again and we'll rinse n repeat for tomorrow morning and see if the flight goes to the village

lots of snow and ice today...driving was horrible, going very slow in 4wd in the truck but I got everything done....bills, recycling, getting myself back on track...one more day and I feel like I need a vacation from this holiday lol

I forgot to eat anything until 1 p.m. and that was only a cup of coffee...I was literally too busy to eat lol...then I went to a work potluck thing and had a few things to eat, none of it very healthy....and tonight I had two small plates of Asian food, mostly rice...calories seem to calculate out to be within reason but I feel crappy....

i'm exhausted, sore, tired and stressed....I have a 3-bedroom house and we have 6 people living here including 4 kids ages 21, 16, 7 and 3, only two of those are ours lol....there is an explosion of Black Friday shopping and luggage strewn around my son's room, the living room and throughout the laundry room....I've taken out more garbage in one weekend than I accumulate in an entire week...and I've been running around nonstop going since last Tuesday....once everyone leaves tomorrow, I then have to clean up and straighten the whole house, do grocery shopping, move a heavy hydraulic lift recliner, do all the laundry and organize clothes for the 3-year old who came to us to live with absolutely nothing

pluckypear
12-01-2013, 12:34 AM
It will officially be December here in about half an hour. But I will post here anyway. :)

Diana Wow the inn looks like a lovely place to be for Christmas. Will you stay overnight or are you going there for dinner?
Enjoy your holiday. When will you go?

Good night all.

kathydee
12-01-2013, 01:54 AM
The scale is not being kind to me lately, last time joining this thread really helped. So will finish up this herbal tea, keep the refrig shut for tonight and start new tomorrow.

At least I managed to get out and explore a new running loop today. 2.6 miles at a near 11 minute/mile pace. Tomorrow will start with a morning weigh in & food accountability.

Inkrid
12-01-2013, 07:55 AM
I see light at the end of the refrigerator! Family has eaten half the leftovers!! YAY!

Yesterday I had eggs, leftover glazed carrots, milk, picked at some turkey, had a few nuts, and DH made turkey soup. Cheated and had a roll. DH took half and then started eating ice cream. I casually left the room when that came out! LOL

kelijpa
12-01-2013, 09:20 AM
Good morning and happy December.

The get together went well, I stuck with my plan, up 1.1 about as expected.

Back OP today, this is my plan for Dec. occasional off plan followed by right back on plan. Hopefully will get a good outside walk in today, a little milder, almost 30 already!

Best to all :sunny:

Diana3271
12-01-2013, 09:56 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! :wave:

Last night I added on:
7 Minute Premix from Strong Knees
Restorative Poses from Yoga for Stress Relief

Calories from yesterday: 1580 + :coffee:
Weigh In: 165.6
Down: .4

Have a great Sunday!

kathydee
12-01-2013, 10:22 AM
Good Morning!

Will make this a better day. Up 8-9 lbs from the wt I like - sigh. Oh well, time to get back to it.

Bkfast is:
1 bowl healthy cereal 2% milk
Tea without sweetener

Going out today so will try to make a tuna sandwich for lunch and avoid the fast food

GMNEVO
12-01-2013, 11:30 AM
December is here!!!!! 2 more months before my goal date Jan 29th my bday! and I have 16.2 lbs to go to meet goal, its looking totally doable!!. Last week went a lot better than expected I believe the fear to gain kept me on check and I actually lost more weight last week than any other week of the month! Me 1 holidays 0! I updated my siggy and added some additional cheerleaders :) almost out of the 240's! Hope everyone has an excellent month lets doo thiiiiisss! I got myself a new camera for black friday so I can't wait to look hot to take awesome pics with my new equipment.

alaskanlaughter
12-01-2013, 01:26 PM
good morning! its clear and cold here and flights are running on time! after I get them to the airport I have a lot of cleaning and organizing to do plus laundry and grocery shopping....i'm looking forward to getting my house back and the kids on a schedule, including Lexus who is 3 and didn't fall asleep until she cried herself to sleep with me at 10 p.m.

pluckypear
12-01-2013, 04:00 PM
Good Morning!

I had an off plan day yesterday. I had a binge. All carbs. I did not WI this morning but will tomorrow. I woke up late but had a great sleep.

Food
2 cups coffee with cream-2
1 cup organic blueberries
Splash of unseetened almond milk

Tin of wild salmon-7
1 tbsp. Mayo-3
Red onion slices
3 cups organic raw baby kale
Lemon squeezed on salad

kelijpa
12-01-2013, 05:45 PM
OP so far

B- honey nut Cheerios medley, unsweetened van almond milk
L- 3 leftover wings, ranch, smoked oysters, triscuit brown rice crackers
D- broccoli, quinoa and pepper jack cheese
S- pumpkin pie, whip cream (that's the end of that yay!)

E- 5k snow hike, 80 mins.

Radiojane
12-01-2013, 06:09 PM
Diana they took me off them. I really think they misdiagnosed me and I passed another stone. Thanks for the good wishes!

I'm down 1.7 today, leaving me with just 1.5 to get back to my previous low. Getting the water off feels so much better.

Yesterday calories in:1140
Roast beef
Broccoli
Hamburger patty
Green beans
Cream cheese
Oysters
Crackers

Yesterday calories out:750
45 minute swim

Rasagolla
12-01-2013, 07:19 PM
Hello everyone
It is great to see everyone again!
I have been off this since June - busy with work- and frustrated that I did not lose weight- but back here because i gained 4 pounds! Thanksgiving feasts and leftovers did not help at all!! Hope to be accountable starting now:)
Planning on a bowl of cereal for dessert and slimfasts until Tues night (there is a dinner party on Tues night) so I need to lose all the junk weight I have gained over the Thanksgiving weekend!

IanG
12-01-2013, 09:16 PM
Down 0.6lbs.

Glad to see you enjoyed the lobster and scallops Diana!

Breakfast: Oats with non-fat milk, maple syrup, raisins and cinnamon. 1 coffee, milk, no sugar.

Lunch: Kippers, lobster, salted cod, rainbow trout, 10 anchovies, cod liver, seaweed, blueberries, blackberries, red onion, mushrooms, spinach, lentils, sweetcorn, kidney beans, kimchi, spicy hummus, french onion dip, 3 olives stuffed with almonds, tomato, pickled hot garlic.

Exercise: Did 1 hour of weight training at my weekend gym. Raked leaves.

OATS!

Diana3271
12-01-2013, 09:33 PM

Alaskanlaughter I know you will be glad for things to get back to normal.

Pluckypear We are only going there for dinner. We are staying about 45 minutes away. The earliest reservation for dinner that we could get was 3:30. They are having a gingerbread house contest and other Christmas events. I can see us getting there early and really enjoying the Inn and grounds. Even just sitting around drinking a hot toddy among the festivities sounds fun. We are leaving the Saturday before Christmas.

Kathydee Welcome back! :welcome2:

Inkrid Good job staying strong against the ice cream. I know it was tough. I got myself some healthy take out tonight. DH requested Taco Bell! I had to smell that all the way home in the car!

Kelijpa Good job with the get together and the snow hike! The snow hike sounds tough!

GMNEVO Keep up the great work! :carrot:

Radiojane I'm glad you are feeling better. We need Dr's but they can also be frustrating! Good job on the 1.7 pounds!

Rasogolla Welcome back! :welcome2:

Ian Good job on your weekend workout! Do you know anyone at the new gym? Great job on the .6!

Diana3271
12-01-2013, 09:45 PM
Ok, so an observation from Thanksgiving this year vs. last year. I actually ate less food than I did last year. I had more alcohol, but I think my overall calories were less this year. I also had the Greek food the day before Thanksgiving this year. The observation is that I had a larger gain this year than I did last year. Not sure if the alcohol made the gain worse for me or what it was. Maybe my metabolism is slower this year than last year. Not sure if it would be that much slower. Doesn't really make sense. Maybe it was the 2 days in a row of off plan foods. Maybe it was because of TTOM. :dunno: Not really sure why my gain was higher this year, but it was. I am back on plan, so that's all that matters.

Total Approx 1345 Calories + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (350 Calories)
Wild Salmon Dinner from Trader Joe's (this one was very good) 350 calories

Dinner (600 calories)
Chicken salad wrap 400 calories
steamed veggies 100 calories
fruit cup 100 calories

Exercise
KCM'S 30 MTF Start Here Cardio Sculpt and Leg Work premix w/#8's
Lindsay Brin's 10 Minute Hiit Cardio

pluckypear
12-01-2013, 11:53 PM
Remaining Food

1 organic macintosh apple
2 ounces low fat mozzarella cheese-4

2 more coffee with cream-2
gardein vegetarian crispy mandarin chicken-12
sauce-2
2 cups of cabbage
olive oil-1
red onion

chocolate dark-4

black tea
granola bar-3

Good night.

alaskanlaughter
12-01-2013, 11:57 PM
correction: my car runs for my husband....it does NOT run for me....I have no idea why BUT it runs more consistently than before, however is flashing a check engine light....it has an appointment for next Saturday at the dealership and DH will drive it until then

Fluffypuppy
12-02-2013, 12:11 AM
Whew what a busy day! Made reeds 11:30-1:15 (the bane of the oboist) groomed two dog grooming clients 1:30-5, taught a piano lesson 6-7:30, talked on the phone 8-9:30. Barely had time to eat which is the only way I don't think about food. Total 1000 cals so far and will probably end day at 1100. Down 1.2lbs this morning so .2 below new set point of 144 that I can't get past.

Radiojane
12-02-2013, 01:28 AM
TMI alert: mystery solved. Passed a stone this evening. All that worry for nothing. Wish I'd listened to my gut. Probably would have passed it sooner.

Dinner at in laws was salty, so probably a gain tomorrow. Did 40 minutes in the pool so 680 cals burned. Calories were 710 plus whatever dinner was.

kathydee
12-02-2013, 06:24 AM
Good morning. Yesterday wasn't bad

Bkfast
1 bowl healthy cereal, 2% milk
Lunch 1 tuna sandwich, brown bread & a tomato
managed to avoid the snacks
Dinner - not low cal but not a binge either
veggies/chicken/low portion asian noodles in a stir fry of thai red curry paste/coconut milk
Nibbled ona few carrots
1 beer (not low cal)

Will work on healthier food selection, just happy to avoid the junk & not overeat for now.

Today
Bkfast
Bowl of cereal
black tea, no sweetner

Diana3271
12-02-2013, 08:02 AM

Last night I added on:
Cleanse from Sara Ivanhoe's Taste
Short Rest from AM PM Yoga for Beginners

Calories for yesterday: 1345 + :coffee:
Weigh in: 162.8
Down: 2.8 pounds

Have a great day!

Inkrid
12-02-2013, 08:08 AM
Went to visit my Dad... and had leftovers. When will they end?? Now we are down to the green bean casserole and the turkey soup in our house. The kids and I played Poker/Texas Hold 'Em with gummi bears as chips/$$. Even though I lost, you can guess what happened. ^_^;

kelijpa
12-02-2013, 08:59 AM
Managed to resist the urge to snack, snack, snack last night. Lost the pound I was up from the wings, Inkrid, we're down to some mashed potatoes, rutabaga and teeny bit of stuffing, either me or the chickens will eat, just decided they're getting the stuffing! DH is with his dad for a couple nights, so the snack monster came to visit...urg...

Ian- I'm going out to shovel snow, congrats on having leaves to rake!!

Diana- I would say the Greek food and TTOM...but you're absolutely right getting back OP is the key!

Alaskan- best of luck with that car...

Radiojane- glad you're feeling better.

Inkrid
12-02-2013, 09:01 AM
keligpa, the mashed potatoes are the first to go in my house! LOL

IanG
12-02-2013, 03:18 PM
Thanks Diana. I do not know anyone at the gym yet, but I am sure I will meet a few new faces!

Down 0.6lbs.

Breakfast: Oats with non-fat milk, maple syrup, dried apricots and cinnamon. 1 coffee, milk, no sugar.

Lunch: Kippers, lobster, salted cod, rainbow trout, 10 anchovies, cod liver, seaweed, blueberries, blackberries, red onion, mushrooms, spinach, lentils, sweetcorn, kidney beans, kimchi, spicy hummus, tsatsiki, 3 olives stuffed with almonds, tomato.

Exercise: Ran 10k before work. Did 1 hour of weight training after lunch.

OATS!

shr1nk1ngme
12-02-2013, 05:01 PM
Staying on plan so far with food but I don't have time to go to the gym today. Praying I have the energy to walk the dog tonight.

Radiojane
12-02-2013, 06:36 PM
Dinner at my inlaw's last night put me up 2.6, but I was expecting it. Today I've only had lunch - 500 calorie salad with shrimp, boiled egg and cottage cheese. Lots of water. Don't know what supper will be yet, but I wasn't sure if I'd get any other chance than right now to check in. 30 minute swim at lunch, so 580 calories burned. Was going to walk the dog, but it's blizzarding, so will concentrate on getting a little more house stuff done before work goes nuts.

kathydee
12-02-2013, 07:20 PM
Day two, just trying to break the cycle.

Started out ok, rode bike to/from work = total 5 miles

1 bowl of healthy cereal, 2% milk, black tea unsweetened
I have a bad habit of skipping lunch so ate an apple
later got hungry (surprise) and ate a second apple

Arrive home around 4pm hungry - not sure what to eat, wanting to go to the gym so started the grazing

a few bites of left over baked chicken
a cup of 2% milk
1/2 banana
two raw stalks from a bock choy
All healthy
but lazy and binge are setting in &the gym is getting less attractive than the snack food.

Breaking the cycle - Off off to the gym for a hour free wt work out

Back home for chicken & veggies stir fry, possibly a few noodles & beer.

Just happy to break the grazing cycle this week & get back to something that resembles moderate meals

Thanks for being here

kelijpa
12-02-2013, 08:13 PM
B- Cheerios medley, unsweet van almond milk
L- broccoli, quinoa, pepper jack leftover
D- homemade split pea soup
S- Irish cream...

E- snow shoveling, spreading sand up and down the driveway, 1 mile snow hike with the little dog

It felt really good to be able to deal with the bags of sand and ice melt without hurting myself :D

PintSizedTerror
12-02-2013, 08:41 PM
Today wasn't good as far as healthy eating goes. Still stayed within calories. I had a Squirt soda (pop), a small handful of Boy Scout cheddar popcorn, a 1 1/2 inch long piece of smoked turkey sausage, 1 cup of macaroni with butternut squash and cheddar cheese, 3 one-quarter inch thick slices of deer sausage with 3 crackers.

Happygal73
12-02-2013, 09:07 PM
I can't believe it is December already. The last few days have been crazy! I have tried to stay on target with food and exercise…its been hard. This week I am back on the wagon!

Breakfast Egg white omelet with 2 slices turkey bacon
Lunch Cheese and crackers and grapes
Dinner Spinach salad with leftover turkey

30 min on bike
20 min on treadmill.

Take care everyone!!

IanG
12-02-2013, 09:55 PM
And good work on the shoveling snow kelijpa!

The only thing worse is shoveling snow AND the leaves you forgot to rake!

Or the heavy wet snow. That makes people have heart attacks!

Diana3271
12-02-2013, 10:35 PM

Pluckypear Did you get the Christmas tree yesterday?

Alaskanlaughter That's funny that your car prefers your DH. :lol: I hope they can get it figured out at the dealership.

Fluffypuppy Good job on the 1.2 pounds!

Radiojane I hope you are feeling better by now. I have never had to deal with kidney stones or anything like that. I hear they are painful.

Kathydee Keep working it and tweaking things as you go along. :carrot:

Inkrid Hopefully the leftovers are gone by now. ;)

Kelijpa Good job on the pound!

Ian It will be fun getting to know the new people and ones that can challenge you. Good job on the .6.

Shr1nk1ngme Were you able to get that walk in?

PintSizedTerror Good job staying within your calories! :carrot:

Happygal Good job getting back on track. It can be really hard, especially with the holidays.

Diana3271
12-02-2013, 10:38 PM
Will I bounce back up some since I had such a large drop overnight? This is the way it normally happens. We'll see.

Total Approx 1380 Calories + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (385 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 100 calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 calories
Honey mustard/Lettuce 25 calories
Oikos Strawberry Greek Yogurt 4 ounce container 100 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (600 Calories)
Grilled Salmon 400 calories
2 orders steamed broccoli 200 calories

Exercise:
TF Fire 60

Zima
12-02-2013, 10:51 PM
Hi, Everyone! After a horrible weekend of overeating and not working out because of being sick, I am back on track today!

Food: 1,340 Calories

Exercise: 10:00 AM- Full Body Sculpt Class = 1 hour

10:20 PM: I held plank for 3 min and 10 seconds.

I hope everyone is having a great December so far ;)

alaskanlaughter
12-03-2013, 01:54 AM
ian all we ever get up here is wet heavy snow because it's almost always snow mixed with rain ugh

it was an exhausting day....I ate well except for a treat at the end of the day...I had a moderate dinner...I didn't count calories because i'm trying to work on carbs vs protein and counting all that on paper would drive me nuts and using an app is frustrating....gym today, lots of errands, a full day of work and then taking teenager home from his volunteer work and little son to soccer practice...put little girl into bed and hope she stays there AND goes to sleep lol....its 9 p.m. and I might be done for the day :)

kathydee
12-03-2013, 06:46 AM
Morning everyone.

Ok, last night was a bit sloppy, need to set firmer boundaries around meals, ate a bit too much dinner, then grazed a bit on veggies, I didn't need that much food. Progress not perfection. Today is a new day. At least the scale looks stable and is not going up.

Rode 5 miles on the bike yesterday and did an hour workout at the gym.

Breakfast
Bowl healthy cereal 2% milk, black tea

kelijpa
12-03-2013, 07:44 AM
B- better oats instant steel cut oats with flax, unsweet van almond milk
L- spring mix, Italian dressing, salmon pouch
S- banana, maybe pack of peanuts

Not sure about dinner yet, maybe rotisserie chicken, maybe tilapia, depends if I get my lazy butt to go to work today, have to go out and check if the driveway is icy...

Plan on walking at work if I go in. If not walk the road and maybe exercise bike.

Hope eveyone has a great day! :sunny:

Inkrid
12-03-2013, 07:58 AM
OK, it is now December! Leftovers gone, now working on the ham my Dad sent! This week I've been really good about my diet, but tend to fail in the late PM. :( I haven't peeked at the scale, but I'm hoping that me being mostly good hasn't made it go up... Today is my Nutri-Blast day. Warned DH I am eating Raw today to "ReSet", as it were. Wish me luck, with no weird snacking choices!

Diana3271
12-03-2013, 08:17 AM

Last night I added on: Restorative Poses for Relaxation from Yoga for Stress Relief

Calories for yesterday: 1380 + :coffee:
Weigh In: 161.8
Down: 1 pound

Enjoy your day!

HuggerBunny
12-03-2013, 08:36 AM
Haven't checked in for a couple of days! Here's what I had today:

Brunch:
-last of the leftover turkey
-peas

Dinner:
-3 eggs
-3 Clementine tangerines (little ones)

Snack:
-an Oreo cookie

pluckypear
12-03-2013, 10:14 AM
Good Morning!

Diana Yes I did my mini tree. :)It is up and decorated and smells so lovely. I want to finish my Christmas shopping this week and send out my Christmas cards.

I am hovering around the same weight for a few weeks. Not sure why.

Food

No coffee-stress test today
1 cup unsweetened almond milk-1
1 banana
1 cup frozen mango

2 boiled eggs-4
1 English muffin-3
2 slices veggie bacon-1
red onion slices
grey poupon mustard

I will make coffee when I get home later today. I have some spicy lentil soup I can have for lunch and will make shrimp for dinner.

Have a good day all.

IanG
12-03-2013, 02:44 PM
Up 0.6lbs today.

And my word I ate a lot of fish today.

Breakfast: Oats with non-fat milk, maple syrup, dried apricots and cinnamon. 1 coffee, milk, no sugar.

Lunch: Kippers, sardines, mackeral, mussels, salted cod, rainbow trout, 6 anchovies, cod liver, seaweed, blueberries, blackberries, red onion, mushrooms, spinach, lentils, sweetcorn, kidney beans, kimchi, spicy hummus, tsatsiki, guacamole, 3 olives stuffed with almonds, tomato, hemp seed, pickled garlic, beets and pickled brussels sprouts.

Exercise: Did 1 hour of boxing before work. Ran 10k before lunch.

Syckgirlsfv
12-03-2013, 03:30 PM
Syckgirls, We're discussing a trip to Vegas the last weekend of Feb but my fear of flying.... :( That seems too soon, I feel like I need 6 months to mentally prepare but that weekend is a very ideal time for us to go. I don't know what to do! This stupid fear is really harboring my life. :rollpin: Edited to add: We'd also be staying at the Bellagio. Fountain view. :D

yay for you! Don't let the fear stop you...you will be fine :D I'll let you know how Bellagio is since I'll be there in just 13 days! wow! Time is flying...finals are next week and then I'm on my favorite road trip!

I'm having issues...the water weight doesn't seem to want to leave me :( i had an annual exam last week and there is something that is making my pelvic area swollen (I knew this as I've been complaining about it) and I'm being sent to a gyno - I also have to go to a follow up Friday for my blood work. I hope nothing too serious is going on!:?:

Leeh
12-03-2013, 03:38 PM
Hi there.
I had hot cereal (oat bran) with 30g of frozen blueberries for breakfast
A crumpet and omelette for lunch

I will be having Spanish chicken for supper

Syckgirlsfv
12-03-2013, 04:36 PM
so ok...I said this already in my previous post, but I'm still retaining a large amount of water and I can't understand why. At least 6 pounds, maybe 5 but it's messing with my head. :( I'm eating well and I've been running on the treadmill, too...to no avail. Hoping things will right themselves soon!

B - high fiber cereal w/almond milk
S - trader joe's pumpkin muffin (made from pumpkin bread/muffin mix)
L - sprouted organic tofu w/jarlsberg light and avocado salsa

so far that's 582 calories and I'm not sure about dinner, but going to the gym after work to do chest/back/legs and if I have time before DH is done with his workout I'll do some treadmill.

I've also got a little baggie with a serving of Costco Energy Mix (pumpkin seeds, dry roasted edamame, almonds, dried cranberries) that is another 130 calories bringing the day to 712. I think I can safely end the day around 1300, not taking in to account the calories I'll burn at the gym. I'll have a small glass of wine, probably...

Inkrid
12-03-2013, 07:54 PM
Had an amazing NSV!! My DS is in that awkward phase between the voice change and driving. Mom is NOT COOL, but still needed for $$ and rides. He sees me with my green drink and asks snarkily, "So how much weight have you lost?!" I answer, "7 pounds since Oct. 1st/." His eyes bug out of his head and he yells smiling, "Way to go Mom!!!!" and gives me a high 5! :)

Also found treasures at the health food store: Komabachu (sp?), a certain tea drink that's supposed to be really good for you, and Triple Fiber Powder! (You know I'm over 40 to be excited about colon health LOL).

Inkrid
12-03-2013, 07:57 PM
Skygirl sometimes you have to drink water to release water. Maybe up your water intake and see if that helps?

novangel
12-03-2013, 09:16 PM
I went to the gym last night for an hour..tonight I ate Chinese for the first time in over a year. :^: I feel kind of miserable. Oh well, it's the only meal I ate today.

Still thinking about Vegas... and airplanes. :yikes:

Diana3271
12-03-2013, 09:38 PM

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (385 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (600 Calories)

Exercise:
KCM'S 30 MTF Start Here Cardio Sculpt and Upper Body Weights w/#8's
LM Live Combat 30 w/#1's

Diana3271
12-03-2013, 10:04 PM

I have been thinking about my plan for when we go out of town for the Christmas holiday. I'm not worried about Christmas day. I will eat off plan that one day. I'm trying to figure out what I will have for breakfast. I normally eat a big omelet with a lot of veggies. I probably don't want to go through all of that every morning. It would be easier to make an "egg McDiana Muffin". It will probably be around the same calories. We will leave the house for the day right before lunch. We can share some type of sandwich, etc for lunch. The main goal will be to share something. We will probably eat dinner early since we have to drive back up the mountain. The weather tends to change very quickly and we will want to get back before it gets too late. I like to get OCD with my foods, LOL. I'm thinking I need to focus on one thing and that will be to eat grilled seafood. That will keep the calories lower and keep me focused. Maybe DH and I can share a starch (baked potato/sweet potato) and I still keep my focus on steamed veggies as much as possible. IF we have a dessert we will need to share it, no individual desserts for each of us. I am going to work on this plan in my head. I will probably be limited with my workouts. I tend not to want to workout when we go up there. Maybe I will take my #8's and plan to continue with my regular rotation. Maybe I should take some longer cardio and focus on burning extra calories with the cardio. Lot's to think about. I'm wanting to have a plan so it doesn't end up being a disaster. Obviously, my body isn't reacting to things the way it did when I first got to my goal weight.

Zima I'm sorry you have not been feeling well. I hope today was a better day for you.

Kathydee Keep working on things. I like "progress not perfection". :bravo:

Kelijpa Did you make it into work today? What kind of work do you do?

Inkrid Congrats on your NSV! :carrot:

HuggerBunny How is your bunny doing?

Pluckypear We have already started getting Christmas cards! I haven't even thought about any of that, yet. :lol: No coffee = failed stress test for me. :lol: I would be totally stressed! :lol: I hope your test went well.

Ian Since you eat such a variety, what is your favorite seafood? Did you cook the rainbow trout?

Syckgirlsfv When is your gyno appointment? I hope there is nothing serious wrong. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers that they figure things out and it's nothing serious.

Leeh Hi and welcome to the check-in! :welcome2: Spanish chicken sounds delish!

Novangel Sorry the Chinese food didn't sit well. Good job at the gym!

pluckypear
12-03-2013, 11:07 PM
Remaining Food

Healthy Planet spicy lentil soup-11
1 ounce mozzarella skim milk cheese-3
large skinny latte-4

thin crust artichoke pizza-15
1/2 cucumber
hummus-2

herbal tea with lemon
3 cookies-4

I was within points.

Activity-1/2 hour of moderate paced walking plus my stress test tread mill stuff

Diana My test seemed to go well. My GP will get sent the results in a couple of weeks. My BP was good and they were surprised how fast I could go on the treadmill. Of course I am sure they are fat biased. But other then waiting long periods of time between scans etc. it was fine. Thanks for asking.

Syckgirlsfv
12-03-2013, 11:36 PM
Inkrid I drink a lot of water...thanks for the suggestion though!

Diana I'm going to my regular doc on friday to discuss my blood work...I'm pretty sure my cholesterol is up because I haven't been watching it and that runs in my family. Not sure what else it could be, my blood pressure has always been amazingly low. Even at 43 it's 105/70. Gyno appointment is the 27th - there is some kind of instrument with a microscope on it that my doctor doesn't have, and it's needed to see inside why it's swollen, like maybe endometriosis. He also said he would put in for a pelvic ultrasound, but he isn't going to authorize it until he knows for sure if I need to do it. It's just weird that I can't shake the water like I always do! And it has to be water, because I gained 6 pounds in 3 days! :(

ok well dinner was good and healthy. :hun: Cooked boneless pork chops from Omaha, steamed fresh broccoli, and made some of that vermicelli I love (the one made from peas and green beans):D

Before that I did chest and then did some cardio on the skytrainer...burned over 400 calories :exercise:

have a nice night everyone!

Zima
12-03-2013, 11:46 PM
Diana- Thank you. You're so sweet to reply to everyone on here :)

Food: 1,400 Calories

Exercise: Denise Austin Pilates Ab and Back Workout

kathydee
12-04-2013, 12:43 AM
Hi, long day at work didn't make it home till 8pm

Bkfast 1 bowl healthy cereal, 2% milk
snack 1 apple, lunch 1 apple
nothing till 8pm (not so good)
a few carrots to hold off starvation, a sip or two of milk - grazing style
went to the grocery store
stir fry 1 large chicken breast (didn't need that much) - veggies (kale/mushroom/tomato) - no sauce
a beer

Scale will go down at this rate but I need to eat healthier
Bought some lunch meat, so will start including lunch soon

5 mile bike to work and back - no gym

Night everyone.

Diana3271
12-04-2013, 08:27 AM

Last night I added on:
Cleanse from Sara Ivanhoe's Taste
Tamilee Webb's Total Body Stretch (standing)

Weigh In: 161.2
Down: .6

Have a great day!

pluckypear
12-04-2013, 10:58 AM
Good Morning!

Food

2 cups of coffee with cream-2
1 English muffin-3
low fat mozzarella cheese-3
2 slices veggie bacon-1
spinach leaves, red onion slices

fibre 1 granola bar-2

I am going to make lazy cabbage roll casserole today to have for meals:
cabbage, red onions, plain tomato sauce, spices, garlic, organic ground chicken (low fat) and mozzarella cheese.

Have a good day.

Leeh
12-04-2013, 11:04 AM
For breakfast this morning I had a yoghurt, keifer, banana, strawberry, cherry, peach, flax and chia smoothie. and a cup of hot tea.

Syckgirlsfv
12-04-2013, 12:00 PM
feeling a little better this morning...down a pound of water at least :D I just hope it continues!:dizzy: I did a good job watching my sodium intake yesterday and I think that helped. That, plus the half hour on the skytrainer!

Today on the menu:

B - trader joe's high fiber cereal, unsweetened almond milk
S1 - fresh steamed broccoli, laughing cow wedge
L - 2 slices low sodium Ezekiel bread, half an avocado, romaine lettuce, jarlsberg lite swiss
S2 - 1/4 cup energy mix (pumpkin seeds, roasted edamame, dried cranberries, pomegranate seeds, almonds)

plans for dinner: thinking top serloin from Omaha Steaks, baked red potato, sauteed mushrooms

will try to get to the gym for cardio :woops:

I try to get a day off the gym here and there, but school has kept me from going more than not! So I feel like I need to go to continue to try to shed this water weight...

Have a great day everyone! :p

IanG
12-04-2013, 12:26 PM
Thanks Diana. My favorite fish has to be fresh lobster. A close second are canned, gourmet fish products from Spain and Portugal such as sardines and squid. I try to buy these when I travel. But they are not cheap...in many cases over twenty bucks for a 6 ounce can!!!!!

My must-have fish however are anchovies. I try to eat 10 of them (20 fillets) a day. I buy the canned, salted ones (which come in 2.2lbs) and then wash and fillet them as needed. Washing them really reduces the sodium and when you eat so many it's much more cost effective than buying them in oil. I like going to Europe because you can buy anchovies fresh there. Yum. Which reminds me, I am going to Turkey again next week.

Down 0.6lbs today.

Lunch: Smoked salmon, dungeness crab, kippers, salted cod, cod liver, seaweed, blueberries, blackberries, red onion, mushrooms, spinach, lentils, sweetcorn, kidney beans, kimchi, spicy hummus, guacamole, 3 olives stuffed with almonds, tomato, hemp seed, pickled garlic and beets.

Exercise: Did 1 hour of weight training before work. Ran 10k before lunch.

alaskanlaughter
12-04-2013, 12:28 PM
the week has gone back to my usual routine of work, more work, gym and then work til 6 p.m. with things to get done in the evenings...eating was way over yesterday due to chocolate :( i had a chocolate meltdown last night and it might be related to TOM...TOM started this week and i haven't had an actual TOM since mid-august most likely due to starting weight training at that time...my body reacts by not giving me a TOM as scheduled....have meetings this morning and then the gym

still getting the obscene phone calls and the police department is putting now for a search warrant to see the phone records at the phone company

Leeh
12-04-2013, 12:37 PM
kind of overdid lunch
1 Cup of mashed potatoes with milk and butter
6 porcupine balls (beef with onion and rice cooked in tomato soup)

Syckgirlsfv
12-04-2013, 02:29 PM
kind of overdid lunch
1 Cup of mashed potatoes with milk and butter
6 porcupine balls (beef with onion and rice cooked in tomato soup)

that sounds good, though! I picture them made with ground turkey...do you make them yourself?

tyla
12-04-2013, 03:06 PM
Hi Diana and Everyone!
I hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving. :thanks1: And now we're getting ready for a new Holiday... Christmas. :santa: I'm back to post my accountability and exercise, which really seems to help us all. Thank you for this thread, Diana.

Exercise: 10 minutes Pilates, 35 minutes aerobics
Breakfast: scramble eggs (egg beaters) with spinach, dried tomatoes and bacon bits
banana, soy sausage
Lunch: mushrooms, soy patty, bread, pear, pecans
Dinner: cup of corn soup, oatmeal, coconut water, almonds

kelijpa
12-04-2013, 03:13 PM
B- Cheerios medley, unsweet vanilla almond milk
L/D- tossed salad and veggie burger (at hospital. Cafe DH having outpatient adenoid surgery) potato chips (about 10)
S- banana, 4 clementines

Diana I did not make it to work yesterday, got showered and dressed, made my lunch and everything like I was going, but something held me back, just didn't trust the driveway and icy road, I usually try to listen to my intuition. I work in an office on the computer monitoring deliveries and schedules, about as exciting as it sounds...lol...actually it is interesting at times learning about the manufacturing and design processes plus I work with a great group of people. That's a plus for sure.

Hope everyone has a good day, hope to get on the exercise bike later, he's supposed to get out around 3:30 or so, thinking good thoughts...

:sunny:

Leeh
12-04-2013, 03:39 PM
that sounds good, though! I picture them made with ground turkey...do you make them yourself?

yes I make pretty well everything from scratch. I am home all day so there isn't any reason not to. I have a meeting for school council tonight so I will just go super light on supper.

Radiojane
12-04-2013, 06:26 PM
Yesterday was break day from exercise, mostly because I needed that hour to go 10% off grocery shopping. I'm short on time for the next two weeks.

Eating is not perfect, and thus the weight loss is slow. I'm well within calories, but too high in carbs and salt.

Today - 45 minute swim
Calories - 650 + another 500 at supper

novangel
12-04-2013, 07:44 PM
Syckgirl, good luck at the gyno I hope it's not Endo. I'm sure my cholesterol isn't great either it was down 45 points last time we checked, I'm curious what it will be when I retest in Feb. Mine is genetic too but stress makes it MUCH worse...you're a student so that probably doesn't help. Still pondering Vegas and crashing airplanes. :/

Alaskan, it's crazy that you're still getting obscene calls. I had a much older (and very bitter) woman cyber bullying me on FB to the point that I had to report her. I'm shocked that anyone can act that way especially someone that old, it was kind of scary the level of anger she was displaying. You'd think we're still in HS. :no:

Diana, thank you for the consistent words of encouragement for everyone. You keep a lot of people going. :)

Ian, ....You are a machine, plain and simple. I have been running over a year and still can't make it past 4 miles which takes me about 45-50 minutes. I always feel like I am going to die of a heart attack but that is probably my anxiety.

A co-worker called in sick so I got out of work late. BF has band practice so I have to stay home with Jillian. :lifter:

kelijpa
12-04-2013, 09:24 PM
Didn't get to exercise, poor DH didn't react too well to coming off the anesthesia, but is doing well now that we're home, his pain is tolerable, much better than expected, so glad of that.

Had a celebratory, relaxation Irish cream, so today I was over on calories about what I was under yesterday so counting it a win.

OP tomorrow! So relieved...

saraphin
12-04-2013, 09:33 PM
hello people. i'm very new here and i want to share that i have lost 15 kilo's using OPTIFAST, in 12 weeks. i have been reading and enjoying your posts. i hope to stay here for a while and maybe make some new friends. i am lurking anyway, waiting for m,y 20 day 'probationary time"' lol

saraphin
12-04-2013, 09:39 PM
ok i have just read that i nered to write 3 more posts so i can include my ticker….number 23:)

saraphin
12-04-2013, 09:40 PM
:carrot:number24

saraphin
12-04-2013, 09:40 PM
and finally number 25!!!!! yah for me :-)

saraphin
12-04-2013, 09:43 PM
hi everyone, this is my 26th post so i am now allowed to post my ticker….yeah! and i'll stick around and get to know people if you'll have me. :dizzy:

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-chicks/chick01/kg/100/58/85.4/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

saraphin
12-04-2013, 09:45 PM
so much fun…i'm singing (in the rain), i'm going to create some more tickers…bye for now xxx

saraphin
12-04-2013, 09:55 PM
url=http://www.3fatchicks.com/] http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-chicks/chick01/kg/100/58/85.4/.png [/url]

hey everyone, can you tell me how you manage to post more than one ticker in a post? thanx.

Diana3271
12-04-2013, 10:03 PM

Pluckypear I'm glad your test went well. I had very good endurance when I was at a heavier weight. Most people never realized that I was as heavy as I was. Good job staying within your points. I have heard of the lazy cabbage rolls, but have never made them. Did they turn out well?

Syckgirlsfv I hope they can get it all figured out quickly. Are you in any pain? Good job on your day.

Ian I enjoy lobster, too. :drool: Ok, so, other people go to Europe and bring back souvenirs. You go and bring back canned fish? :D

Alaskanlaughter Sorry to hear the phone calls have continued. I hope the police can find the person doing this to you. :hug:

Zima Another good day for you! :carrot:

Kathydee Good job on the 5 miles on the bike!

Leeh Good job on your day, so far.

Tyla Glad to see you back. I hope you had a nice Thanksgiving.

Kelijpa Your job does sound interesting. I hope your DH's surgery was a success and he is recovering comfortably. ETA: I see he didn't do well with the anesthesia. I hope he is doing better.

Radiojane I know this is your busy time at work! Hang in there.

Novangel Did you get that workout in with Jillian?

Saraphin Hi and Welcome to the check-in! :welcome2: Congrats on your weight loss, so far. (and the new ticker! :carrot:)

Diana3271
12-04-2013, 10:08 PM

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (385 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (600 Calories)
2 orders snow peas 200 calories

Exercise:
Andrea Metcalf Quick Fit Cardio

Syckgirlsfv
12-04-2013, 10:08 PM
so DH got some filet mignons out of the freezer instead of top serloin...they were fantastic grilled up with sauteed mushrooms on top and baked red potatoes! And, of course, A-1.

did not get to exercise...needed to have a day off. I'll be running around campus tomorrow night anyway!

saraphin
12-04-2013, 10:33 PM
hi everyone, i need to know what is DH …is it dear husband? and what are the other short cuts please? thanx so much. i don't want to be a complete boob but i guess we are when we are new to things! i know afk and bfn and of course lol but that's it. :hug:

url=http://www.3fatchicks.com/] http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-chicks/chick01/kg/100/58/85.4/.png [/url]

Zima
12-04-2013, 11:40 PM
Lots of exercise today!

Calories: 1,300

Exercise:

10 am- Full Body Sculpt Class = 1 hour
11 am- Yoga Class = 1 hour
6:00 PM- 1 hour of rollerskating

Zima
12-05-2013, 12:07 AM
hi everyone, i need to know what is DH …is it dear husband? and what are the other short cuts please? thanx so much. i don't want to be a complete boob but i guess we are when we are new to things! i know afk and bfn and of course lol but that's it. :hug:

DH is dear husband.

kathydee
12-05-2013, 12:37 AM
A quick check in before bed, almost forgot

Weird food day.

1 bowl healthy cereal, 2% milk, plain black chai

forgot to bring lunch to work, no real option to eat so had to do the besti could at the vending machine
1 granola bar
1 apple breakfast bar
diet coke

Came home hungry and grazed but on healthy food
managed to graze what basically accounted to large veggie salad with extra turkey lunch meat on top. Also drank a cup or so milk
and later a beer

Scale is going down, look forward to food stabilizing. Going away for an adventurous very challenging weekend, less control of food

biked 5 miles

alaskanlaughter
12-05-2013, 12:43 AM
im always hungry in the afternoon after weight training around 11 a.m....tried to stick to healthy foods and did pretty well...still haven't gotten the secret down to not overeating all afternoon :( had a moderate dinner and some homemade bon bons that my mom sent me....i'm full and exhausted

HuggerBunny
12-05-2013, 05:56 AM
Today was super stressful and I tend not to eat much when I'm stressed. Dinner was really weird, I was scrounging based on what we have in the house. Normally I would not pair quesadillas with brussels sprouts! Both were really good though :) Here's what I had:

Breakfast:
-3 eggs

Dinner:
-quesadilla made with a low carb tortilla, cheddar, and homemade peperoncini beef from the freezer
-brussels sprouts with a little butter

Inkrid
12-05-2013, 07:55 AM
Yesterday was filled with white bread, the deli, D&D, and Church Night. A great day, but not a great day for diets. LOL ~ Rising like a Phoenix here..

Diana3271
12-05-2013, 08:16 AM
Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night I added on: Letting Go of the Day from Yoga for Stress Relief

Weigh In: 160.8

Have a great day.

Leeh
12-05-2013, 08:20 AM
-.5 (will use pounds as that seems to be the unit of choice here, although I measure in KGs)
Sipping on my yoghurt, keifer, banana, cherry, peach, strawberry, chia and flax smoothie

kelijpa
12-05-2013, 09:12 AM
diana, love the sound of "letting go of the day"

Didn't get loads of sleep last night, but DH is doing better.
Did good even with no exercise yesterday, stayed at 159. All our snow melted, kind of unbelievable, but definitely not complaining.

B- scrambled eggs
L- spring mix, dressing, salmon or smoked oysters
D- ??

Definitely will get a walk in today with the little dog.

Have a great day everyone!

Syckgirlsfv
12-05-2013, 01:36 PM
morning everybody :wave::wave::wave:

one more pound of water gone - 4 to go! I think keeping the sodium down might be helping...not to mention I'm eating healthy foods only.

Diana and Novangel thanks for your concern :D there is no pain but what I was noticing over the last few weeks is swelling/bloating in my lower abdomen/pelvic region. Doctor tomorrow for blood work follow up!

I'm keeping on trend with the good foods...

B - trader joe's high fiber cereal w/unsweetened almond milk
S1 - mini babybel light
L - organic sprouted tofu w/avocado salsa and a slice of jarlsberg light swiss
S2 - costco energy mix (nuts/seeds/dried cranberries)

I have school tonight, so I'm going to have some of the leftover organic ground turkey in mexican sauce I made the other night - I'll make a soft taco out of it:p

tyla
12-05-2013, 03:36 PM
I'm eating so much better now that I've decided to get my act together after Thanksgiving. I've decided to go vegan and see how that works. So far I don't mind it. My hubby and I are doing it together. I also exercised this morning. Diana, we went out to dinner on Thanksgiving (our relatives are in another state). We had a nice time. Lots of Christmas décor there already. And it was sunny outside. Today it's pretty cold for us in the West. I believe we woke up at 28 degrees, something we're not used to here. :lol:

Exercise: 10 min Pilates, 35 minutes aerobic DVD
Breakfast: oatmeal, coffee & milk, banana, slice of bread
Lunch: soy patty, broccoli, orange, few nuts
Dinner: scrambled eggs with mushrooms and tomatoes, pumpkin, almonds

IanG
12-05-2013, 04:11 PM
Thanks Novangel. I do like running. My secret for going the distance is just to run a lot (like daily) and to always try to go a little further or faster until I can find a new normal.

Down 0.4lbs today.

Breakfast: Poached egg on top of oats with non-fat milk, maple syrup, dried apricots and cinnamon. 1 coffee, milk, no sugar.

Lunch: Tuna, clams, shrimp, kippers, sardines, salted cod, cod liver, seaweed, blueberries, blackberries, red onion, mushrooms, spinach, lentils, kimchi, spicy hummus, french onion dip, 4 olives stuffed with almonds, tomato and beets.

Exercise: Did 1 hour of boxing before work. Ran 4 miles outside with a colleague before lunch.

I fly to Turkey tomorrow. I hope I can get a run in before I go.

Syckgirlsfv
12-05-2013, 04:26 PM
Breakfast: Poached egg on top of oats with non-fat milk, maple syrup, dried apricots and cinnamon. 1 coffee, milk, no sugar.

Ian what happened to your mushroom sandwiches??? I had to do a double take when I saw you've been having oats! :D

What do you do for work, if you don't mind my asking? I just wonder who keeps sending you to Turkey! that's cool. :smoking:

Syckgirlsfv
12-05-2013, 04:31 PM
so I realized I forgot my slice of light Swiss today, and I cannot eat tofu with only salsa! :no:

I decided to go down the hill instead and go to Whole Foods - they have a salad bar so it seemed like a good day to try it! Let me tell you...everything in the salad bar, and it's a LOT of stuff, is organic! SCORE!!! :carrot::carrot::carrot:

I made a salad with mostly romaine, a little spinach, grilled chicken, julienne zucchini, green onions, dried cranberries, blue cheese, and an avocado vinaigrette. I am still smiling from that salad! :T:T:T it was amazing...and cost me just under $7. I saw a sign that says it's 6.49/pound on Wednesdays...I'll be going back! the regular price is $8.49/pound. great deal. :dizzy:

have a great day, all!

Munchy
12-05-2013, 04:35 PM
Today was super stressful and I tend not to eat much when I'm stressed. Dinner was really weird, I was scrounging based on what we have in the house. Normally I would not pair quesadillas with brussels sprouts! Both were really good though :) Here's what I had:

Breakfast:
-3 eggs

Dinner:
-quesadilla made with a low carb tortilla, cheddar, and homemade peperoncini beef from the freezer
-brussels sprouts with a little butter

I think quesadillas work with almost everything!

This looks awesome!
Brussels Sprout Black Bean Brie Quesadilla (http://foodiesnpup.blogspot.com/2013/03/brussels-sprout-black-bean-brie.html)

kelijpa
12-05-2013, 05:51 PM
D- I made a cream of mushroom, burger and green bean soup for DH and ate some of that, it was pretty good
S- sf/ff chocolate cook & serve pudding, made with almond milk, with whipped topping...awwwesomme
E- plan to bike as it is raining...boohoo

Ian, now I want your breakfast!! I will have to try the poached eggs over oats, sounds great. I had spring mix with smoked oysters and Italian dressing for lunch, a very bare version of your salad...haha

Munchy, that quesadilla does sound awesome!

alaskanlaughter
12-05-2013, 06:34 PM
i was up late last night with a bunch of drama :( nothing that we caused but it affected us anyhow...i'm exhausted, probably dehydrated and have a splitting headache today which is unusual...plus my ears are still hurting...it's not an ear infection (yet) and i'm taking medication to try and prevent that

i did my usual workout at the gym but my headache really interfered with it, which is VERY unusual...i never get headaches...and after every set on every machine my head was just throbbing and i felt like laying down and passing out....i did my entire workout and by the end felt very marginally better but it was rough...

i got a christmas box of presents from my mom last night which included her homemade fruitcake (for DH because i dont like fruitcake) and a big bag of homemade bonbons....i really have to watch myself around those because i could seriously eat the entire bag in one sitting...i know it's a once a year treat but still....i can't dive into it headfirst, u know?

saraphin
12-05-2013, 07:06 PM
hi alaskanlaughter and everyone else here!
i am interested in posting how i've been doing too, as well as in saying hi …i'm new here!
alasakanlaughter i am interested in your xmas bonbon issue. i also have a once-a-year treat in my cupboard that was sent to me and my husband. home-made nougat. o gosh the best you've eaten, really! and i must avoid it, like you!. we have to put it away and ignore the thing lol http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-chicks/chick01/lb/100/58/85.4/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

saraphin
12-05-2013, 07:11 PM
:dizzy::dizzy::dizzy:

kelijpa, that food sounds fattening, CREAM of mushroom soup, and CHOCOLATE PUDDING? um….hello?

what diet is this? because i think i'll come over to your place! lol (except i would need to take an international flight!)

teasing….

xxx saraphin

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-chicks/chick01/lb/100/58/85.4/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

saraphin
12-05-2013, 07:13 PM
I think quesadillas work with almost everything!

This looks awesome!
Brussels Sprout Black Bean Brie Quesadilla (http://foodiesnpup.blogspot.com/2013/03/brussels-sprout-black-bean-brie.html)

hi munchy

can you tell me please, what is quesadilla? i thought i knew food but i have never heard of this. :carrot::carrot::carrot:

novangel
12-05-2013, 07:24 PM
4 miles at the gym. :woops:

I can't imagine being very productive this weekend, my BF has shows both Friday and Saturday night. Friday night we will easily be out until 3am. :tired: Saturday's show is (thankfully) not nearly as late and closer to home, I may even drive myself so I can cut out even earlier. I work Sunday...I will be like a zombie.

I'm going to eat dinner soon and into bed by 9pm. Getting older is awesome. Oh, and TOM is showing up early again. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Inkrid
12-05-2013, 07:25 PM
Today was a little better ~ Had Greek Yogurt, the rest of the Turkey soup, and Pizza Night. Had the odd cup of coffee and (God help me) snacks. No sugar though!!

DH hit the nail on the head: "You cheat when I'm away.. You miss me!!" (Cue: "Awww!")

EDIT: Cheat on My DIET ^

Happygal73
12-05-2013, 08:33 PM
Hello all!

Hope everyone is doing well. Its been a busy week. Lots of stuff going on at work and hubbys car broke down so we have had only one car this week. Finally got it back this evening.
Weight is down just a little bit this week. I have worked out at the gym twice.

Take care everyone!!

IanG
12-05-2013, 08:56 PM
Thanks Syckgirlsfv. I am an economist so I do quite a lot of traveling for work. Regarding the mushrooms on toast, I had become so focused on getting my lunch right that I completely forgot about breakfast. Then I read up on oats and they sounded perfect for me now my exercise regime has stepped up.

And kelijpa, what an awesome lunch! Although sounds like a small one.

Diana3271
12-05-2013, 10:47 PM

I got home a little late tonight. Tomorrow is my early day, so I should be going to bed early. It's too late for that. :rofl: I will catch up with everyone tomorrow.

Ian Stay safe in your travels. Check in when you can, so we know you arrived safely. Enjoy all the fresh seafood! :drool:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (385 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (600 Calories)

Exercise:
KCM'S 30 MTF Start Here Cardio Sculpt and Leg Work w/#8's
TF Hiit 25

HuggerBunny
12-05-2013, 10:57 PM
Today was absolutely awful, one of the worst days of my life- culmination of stress and arriving at a heartbreaking, possibly dream-shattering decision. I ate a can of tuna and 2 Clementines though.

Radiojane
12-05-2013, 11:15 PM
huggerbunny I want to say something helpful, but "hang in there" doesn't seem to match up to dream shattering. I hope your decision leads to better things.

I'm not losing anything again. DOMS is pretty bad this week. Did 45 minutes at the pool yesterday and 30 today. It's -38C with the windchill, so no dog walks.

Haven't tracked calories but roughly 1400 today.

Zima
12-05-2013, 11:43 PM
Inkrid- For some reason, I didn't think of food when I read "You cheat when I'm away. You miss me!" I had to read it again and again like "Wtf?" But then I got that it was about your diet LOL!

Food: 1,500 Calories

Exercise: Get Some Fitness Boot Camp Class = 1 hour

alaskanlaughter
12-06-2013, 02:05 AM
huggerbunny I hope that the decisions are something to be at peace about and that the stress will let off (((hugs)))

it was a busy day and busy evening....not nearly as bad as yesterday though...tomorrow is Friday yay!!

my splitting headache has subsided...I think my afternoon coffee helped and it hasn't come back

on the other hand, the two that we've taken in (niece and her toddler) both have scabies :( so they are on medication and we have to wash everything they've been wearing in hot water including bedding....the doctor told them that if we aren't showing symptoms, then we likely won't get it and our things aren't mixed with theirs really (laundry, bedding) ....I hope not :(

on the up side, DH thinks my car is fixed and I drove it tonight and it ran correctly for the first time in weeks....a very low idle but it DOES idle and that's the part we couldn't fix....he's certain it's the idle air control valve and it needs replacing, which is something we can do

saraphin
12-06-2013, 04:17 AM
huggerbunny, i can only surmise that you have decided to end a relationship of sorts. i hope you are sleepoing ok. that's the main thing. and here's you, dieting as well! well done, make sure you remember to eat, what with all this emotional turmoil going on!

thinking of you, from saraphin. :hug:

i'm glad your car is idling - that is a positive thing, alaskangirl (i'm sorry but WE know who i mean - i mean YOU! lol. please forgive me, my manners. i forget your name! but not your problems :dizzy:... it seems like the kids and car are under your control now so that's good.

hi everyone else, i figured out that it must now be LATE thursday night for you, where we have already had friday!:dizzy::dizzy::dizzy:

Diana3271
12-06-2013, 07:12 AM
Good Morning, Everyone1 :wave: TGIF! :dance:

Today is my early day. :tired: I am so not a morning person. :tired: Especially when I don't get into bed early enough. :tired:

Last night I added on: Cleanse, Work, and Rest from Sara Ivanhoe's Taste

Weigh In: 160.6
Down: .2

HuggerBunny I am so sorry to hear that you are going through a stressful time. :hug: Please take care of yourself. Know we are thinking about you and wish you the very best. :hug:

Ian Have a safe trip.

Enjoy your Friday and start to the weekend!

HuggerBunny
12-06-2013, 09:29 AM
Sorry to people who referenced me, I wasn't trying to be vague and dramatic, just didn't want to force my issues on you all but wanted to offer some kind of explanation (I was stressed) for why I ate very little yesterday.

I suppose it is relevant to this forum though since my #1 motivator for losing weight is so that my body can be in the right condition to have a baby. My doctor specifically told me that because of my age and what's been going on (fertility issues), if my husband and I want a baby (which we definitely DO, pretty much more than anything), we need to try ASAP, like in the next 6 months. Time's been ticking away though and it's now the next 5 months. She gave us a 50% chance of success if it happens soon, but that chance goes way down if we wait. Because of money and the astronomical price of health care, I've come to the conclusion that it would be irresponsible and selfish to try to have a baby until my current medical bills from my recent totally unexpected surgery are paid off. That will take right on about 2 years. In 2 years though, my chance to have a baby could be completely gone. This decision is what I describe as heartbreaking and potentially dream shattering.

I've wanted to be a mom since I was a little kid and have never swayed on that decision, my college degree is in elementary education and right now I work with special needs children. I absolutely love kids. Knowing it may never happen and intentionally "wasting" our chance to have it happen is extremely upsetting to me. My decision isn't final- my husband really wants to try to have a baby, no matter what it will cost us, and we're looking into other health insurance options that might make the cost a little more bearable when tacked on top of the medical bills we're already paying.

Sorry about this post, it's completely off topic :( I tend to be a really optimistic, even keeled person who is not prone to freaking out, so how I'm doing right now is rather out of character. Will it maybe be a little on topic if I say I plan to have peanut butter and Clementines for breakfast?

Munchy
12-06-2013, 10:13 AM
hi munchy

can you tell me please, what is quesadilla? i thought i knew food but i have never heard of this. :carrot::carrot::carrot:

It's basically a tortilla (corn or flour) "sandwich" with cheese and fillings, made crispy in a pan.

LINK (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quesadilla)

My daughter probably eats black bean and cheese quesadillas 2-3 times a week for lunch or dinner. I like mine with chicken and plenty of chopped mushrooms, spinach, peppers, and scallions - and lots of jalapenos :)

It's a great quick meal, and can be very low calorie if you know what to pick. High fiber/low calorie flour tortillas folded in half or using two small corn tortillas can run you around 100 calories. Depending on fillings, it can be pretty healthy if you don't use too much cheese!

:D

Syckgirlsfv
12-06-2013, 01:58 PM
Huggerbunny - I'm very sorry to hear about your difficult situation. I don't presume to know how it feels, and I don't know where you are at spiritually, but prayer is the most powerful tool there is and I will pray for wisdom and strength for you. :hug: Everything WILL be ok.

I have to leave work early today to go to my doctor for that follow up visit he requested. Something in my blood work he wants to talk to me about - hopefully it's just my cholesterol. It would suck if it were a blood sugar or liver issue :(

Today is a toss-up but here's what I have with me today:

S1 - organic banana
L - organic sprouted tofu w/jarlsberg light and avocado salsa
S2 - raw almonds (if I get hungry, I may not have time for them()

Dinner - I am either going to put the spinach and feta pizza I have from Trader Joe's in the oven, or I'll make something from Omaha Steaks. We just got these filet mignon spring rolls that I'm dying to try! Maybe a little high calorie but I plan to go do cardio when I'm done at the doc's.

Have a great day! VEGAS IN 10 DAYS!

tyla
12-06-2013, 02:28 PM
Huggerbunny, I'm so sorry you're going through these issues. I hope God blesses you with a baby. Have you tried meditation to help with stress? Maybe that will help. Have you gone to an acupuncturist? I've heard that might help, too. Just suggestions. All the best to you!

Alaskalaughter, how is your situation with that creepy guy? Has all been settled? I give you a lot of credit for dealing with this problem and staying in control with food.

Seraphin, welcome! Do you live in Australia? How is the weather there now?

Diana, I hope your day is a good one without lots of stress. TGIF!!

I'm doing pretty well with this vegan diet and I also exercised today. The weather is still 28 degrees this morning, which is kind of exciting and rather cold for us here in the SW - since we usually experience weather around 100 degrees! But not complaining. I feel very bad for the people living in Minnesota or other places with below 0 degree weather.

Exercise: 10 minutes of Pilates, 30 minutes of an aerobics DVD
Breakfast: oatmeal, coconut water, coffee, spinach, bread
Lunch: pumpkin, soy patty, almonds
Dinner: eggs with mushrooms and tomatoes, broccoli, cracker, banana

Have a great weekend, everyone!

kelijpa
12-06-2013, 02:47 PM
HuggerBunny you're in my thoughts and prayers, sorry you have the added pressure of timing, the decision itself is hard enough. Best wishes to you and your DH.

Ian safe travels, I tried an egg, poached but a little too cooked, in the oats, excellent, looking forward to trying again, really held me over, too. I liked the oyster salad so much I had it again today.

Syckgrlsfv best of luck with your drs. appt. I wish we had a a Trader Joe's and Whole Foods close enough to shop. Have a great trip, it's coming fast!

Got in a mile and a half walk while getting my oil changed, so that's a plus.

Syckgirlsfv
12-06-2013, 02:55 PM
[B]Syckgrlsfv best of luck with your drs. appt. I wish we had a a Trader Joe's and Whole Foods close enough to shop. Have a great trip, it's coming fast!

thanks for the well wishes! I booked my trip like, 4 months ago or something like that, and with school it's gone by so fast I hardly time to think about it! :carrot::carrot::carrot:

Inkrid
12-06-2013, 04:26 PM
HuggerBunny do everything in you power to have a baby now. This way you will never have any "What If" regrets!! I've noticed that when we do our part, God/The Universe/Miracles often meets us half-way.

pluckypear
12-06-2013, 04:47 PM
Hello.

Exercise:30 minutes moderate paced walk

Food:

1 cup of oatmeal-2
1/2 banana
1 English muffin-3
veg bacon-.5
mozzarella cheese-2

banana bread-6

mushroom soup-6
cabbage, red onion-0
tomato sauce-2
1 cup fat free cottage cheese-3
2 tsp. olive oil-2

IanG
12-06-2013, 05:10 PM
Huggerbunny, if you and your husband are ready to have a baby do it now or the price will just keep going up. I do not pretend to know what your issues are but as soon as you get into donor egg or adoption territory you are looking at serious cash. If you are not at those stages yet, things are cheaper. So pay now or a lot more later. If you are at the donor egg or adoption stages, then it doesn't really matter whether you go for it now or wait a little longer. Just my 2 cents.

Down 0.6lbs today. Nice. To 168.8. Haven't seen that number for some time.

Breakfast: Oats with non-fat milk, maple syrup, a little vanilla, dried apricots and cinnamon. 1 coffee, milk, no sugar.

Lunch: Kippers, sardines, pan-seared scallops, seaweed, blueberries, blackberries, red onion, spinach, lentils, kimchi, spicy hummus, tsatsiki, 4 olives stuffed with almonds.

Dinner: Will eat and drink on the plane. It's an 11.30pm flight and I will enjoy the food. I will go for a fish option if there is one.

Exercise: Did 1 hour of weight training in the morning. Ran 6.72 miles before lunch. I really tried hard to get some good exercise in today as tomorrow will be a forced rest day due to the flight to Turkey.

alaskanlaughter
12-06-2013, 06:13 PM
the creepy caller has not called this week....frankly i'm surprised....i did talk with a police officer yesterday who is putting in the search warrant to get the phone records to trace the calls....in this small town, the officer's daughter used to go to my program and now that she's a teenager, he said he'd like to have me hire her this summer LOL....im actually very surprised that this situation hasn't thrown me for an eating loop because the caller has made sexual comments about my body

my niece didn't come home last night which stressed us out...luckily i had no mid-morning work obligations and she walked home by 9 a.m....she had fallen asleep at her boyfriend's place *sigh* but she felt really badly for not coming home to her daughter last night

i took them grocery shopping because niece has food stamps and uses that to contribute to our groceries....which i dont mind because we're pretty tight on money and if niece wasn't buying groceries for the house, she'd be blowing her food stamps on junk food and rockstars lol

tonight teenager is going to a dance....eating so far is good today....had a good weight workout and pushed it a little harder on the weight amounts

Inkrid
12-06-2013, 07:14 PM
Today had a Liver Detox drink ~ garlic, olive oil, coconut oil, ginger, lemon juice, lime juice, water and ice. Blend. I felt very spacey, loopy, and like taking a nap, and not hungry at all, so something was working. It was horrid to drink in the beginning, but then I liked it at the end! LOL.

Had Chicken Parm. with milk for lunch. Coffee.

Two illicit cookies :(

And a taco salad without the taco shell for dinner and milk

saraphin
12-06-2013, 07:14 PM
:hug:thank you munchy! tyla our weather is FINE today - beautiful spring weather. time for gardening or just enjoying the day! thanks for asking. yes, austrailia, south australia to be exact. :-)

Inkrid
12-06-2013, 07:16 PM
alaskanlaughter he knows something is in the air (his potential arrest!) so he has intuitively stopped calling. I hope he gets caught!!

saraphin
12-06-2013, 07:45 PM
hi everyone on this thread/forum. i have not eaten today yet but it will be the usual meal replacement muck optifast shake with metamucil for breakfast, optifast soup for lunch, optifast chocolate bar for afternoon snack, and low-starch vegetables for dinner. wonderful. i am actually getting tired of this. but it seems to work. just another few weeks to go. till the end of jan is my plan and then transition phase, followed by maintenance, then stabilization. apparently i have to go through all 4 phases to teach myself how to re-introduce the proper sized servings of good food into my life.

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wiawfgH/weight.png

saraphin
12-06-2013, 07:59 PM
hi again! i'm writing another message to show you my cute 3FC ticker that's in imperial measurement. (we use metric in australia if you didn't know). i am not confident that i'll lose the rest of my ugly fat (but i WON'T give up! - no way, and i already bought the stuff + a dreadmill + my husband would KILL me!) LOL.

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-chicks/chick01/lb/220/127.6/187.8/.png

HuggerBunny
12-06-2013, 10:11 PM
Thanks for the kind words, everyone. Ian, we wouldn't go into IVF or egg donation or anything and my husband unfortunately does not want to adopt, so we wouldn't be dumping tons of money into trying to conceive a baby.

This is what I had today.

Breakfast:
2 tablespoons peanut butter
2 Clementine oranges

Dinner:
2 lettuce wraps filled with turkey, tomatoes, a little cheddar, and a little dressing

Snack:
1 piece of hard candy

IanG
12-06-2013, 10:18 PM
Then you'd best get going huggerbunny! Good luck!

tarabella
12-06-2013, 11:04 PM
I'm thinking if I check in here with my food and exercise I might get to my first goal which is 63kg (138lbs approx) which would be about a 5kg/10lb weight loss. I think I can get there by mid January if I start now. My plan is to stay between 1400-1600 calories and to avoid sugar like the plague. I will also do some form of exercise everyday.

Today I walked fast for about 40 minutes and will only be slightly over my calorie goal, if for the rest of today I do not anymore sugar or snacks!

That is totally doable and I would feel really good about a reasonably successful day. Here's to baby stepping.

saraphin
12-06-2013, 11:52 PM
well done people, for being here, and limiting those calories!
tarabella where are you in rural oz? i'm here too! :)

saraphin :dizzy::dizzy::dizzy:

kelijpa
12-06-2013, 11:53 PM
B- oats, almond milk, soft boiled egg
L- spring mix, smoked oysters, Italian, crackers, pepperjackcheese
D- pierogies, sautéed onions,poached eggs
S- choc pudding (90 cal cup) whipped topping, banana

Resisted the Irish cream tonight, MFP was a good deterrent, it was telling me Irish cream every night would put me back in the 160s, so had a pretty good day for weigh-in/treat day. After my walk today run keeper told me I logged 500 miles since I started using it, pretty cool.

Good night all :sunny:

Diana3271
12-07-2013, 12:27 AM

We just got home! I got up at 5 AM this morning. It has been a long day. Today was one of those days that you get as much done as you can. You can only do so much in one day, so the rest will have to get done tomorrow. I am exhausted now! I will have to catch up with everyone tomorrow. DH was suppose to go to the farm tomorrow, but he's doing extra work at the shop to catch up. It seems like this time of year always gets hectic for us. We struggle to get everything out of the shop before we close to take our Christmas vacation.

I appreciate everyone checking in and the support you are giving each other. :grouphug: Enjoy your evening and rest well.

I normally order my dinner a certain way at the restaurant we went to. They had new people there, tonight, and I didn't feel like going through all of that with new people. I don't normally eat bread at dinner, my calories were a little higher than normal, and the sandwich had a sauce on it. Hopefully it won't have a negative impact on me.

Total Approx 1580 Calories + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (385 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (800 Calories)
Salmon Sandwich 600 calories
Steamed veggies 100 calories
fruit cup 100 calories

Exercise:
The Firm Super Cardio Sculpt w/#5's

GMNEVO
12-07-2013, 10:19 AM
I am into the 230's!!!!!!!! 239.0 this morning oo feels so good!

Diana3271
12-07-2013, 10:26 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! :wave: Happy Weekend to All!

I was able to sleep in! That's very rare for me. Although I was able to sleep in during the Thanksgiving weekend. Maybe my internal clock is getting better.

Well, I didn't have a gain from the sandwich with sauce and the higher calories last night. I am thrilled with that. I even felt heavier when I woke, so I am OK with the no change in weight for today. I have had a bit more of the angioedema going on. My mouth/lips are flared a little more than normal. Hopefully it will go back down quickly and not get worse.

Calories for yesterday: 1580 + :coffee
Weigh In: 160.6
No Change

GMNEVO Congrats on the 230's! :carrot: Keep up the great work!

Enjoy your Saturday!

Inkrid
12-07-2013, 04:14 PM
Today had "Beet Soup" ~ beet, cinnamon, lemon, olive oil, water. Blend. Eat with a spoon!

Had a chicken leg.

Two cups of coffee. Popcorn.

Plan on having ham and green beans for dinner.

saraphin
12-07-2013, 06:00 PM
because i had 1 tiny piece of nougat last night (it's sunday morning here) worth maybe 100 calories. not sure what i'll do about it yet.
i'm not supposed to skip a meal because each meal contains the righ nutrients i;m to have, but i'm so OBSESSIVE about staying on plan. grrrr:dizzy:

anyway, i'm waiting until tuesdayt to weigh-in. i don't know why for sure but i decided to weigh weekly. so that i get a clearer idea of how i'm going.

i'm one of those people that doesn't cope well with the disappointment of daily fluctuations in water weight, especially since there's no little fairy to tell you what it all means! :p:p:p

so, weekly it is. tuesdays. i'm in a 5 pound race/challenge thingy with a few dieters so that is a bit of fun and a bit motivating although i'm rock solid committed to this [program even though i'm getting sick of it.

optifast for those who don't know. meal replacements - 3 a deay, and 2 cups low-starch vegetables. lots of water. mm i'm nearly over it, i tell you. 12 weeks now. it might be nearly time to change to the next phase - transition. but i've said i'll stay with this intensive phase until january 31st. so there you are.

i think it might be like your medifast in the usa. i don't know. you have optifast but it's different to ours i think. we just buy it from the chemist or online and there's online support. that's about it.

what is everyone else's experience/knowledge of optifast if any?

it has been the ONLY thing to work for me. and it PROMISES to work! and it DOES. well SO FAR! i've lost around 30 pounds - 14 kilo's so far. i DEAPERATELY WANT TO LOSE MORE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE GOD CAN I?????:?::?:

kelijpa
12-07-2013, 08:01 PM
B- egg scramble, Colby jack cheese
L- lentil soup blended in the ninja w/smoky chipotle seasoning and hot sauce, yum
D- smoked oysters, triscuits
S- rainbow sherbet
E- snow removal

kelijpa
12-07-2013, 08:23 PM
Saraphin, you might like to check out Diet Central, there's a thread called
Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc ! There's also a medifast forum. I'm not sure if it's still the case, but years ago a guy I worked with did Optifast, it was a strictly liquid diet controlled by his doctor, you may be right about it being a totally different program here in the states than what you're doing.

Best of luck to you :sunny:

saraphin
12-07-2013, 09:28 PM
thanx kelijpa :):hug:

Sunnyserendipity
12-07-2013, 10:20 PM
Hello everyone! I hope you don't mind me awkwardly jumping in- I realize it's already a tad into December.

Sorry, I'm not very good at introductions, so hopefully this isn't too painful. I'm Erica. I'm 17 years old and in my senior year of high school. I struggle a lot with self-confidence, worth, esteem, etc and I hope that through losing weight and taking better care of myself, I can become a happier and healthier person.

I'm currently working on college and scholarship applications so that's kind of stressful and whatnot. Combined with a bit of turmoil between my parents and I, it's not the recipe for the best habits to say the least. Throughout the holidays I hope to spend some time with those I love (my family and wonderful friends) and hopefully start out 2014 strong.

Happy Holidays to you all! :hug: I don't even know how it's already December.

novangel
12-07-2013, 10:24 PM
the creepy caller has not called this week....frankly i'm surprised....i did talk with a police officer yesterday who is putting in the search warrant to get the phone records to trace the calls.

This makes me think he knows about the pending trace which makes me wonder if he's a cop...kind of an alarming thought but it's the first that came to mind.

As I assumed this has been a non-exercise weekend.

We got home at 4am after working Friday and I couldn't sleep past 9am. My @ss is literally dragging on the floor. He's got another show tonight close to home that will be over by 11pm but I can't move. I'm definitely not 23 anymore. *sigh* I miss the days when I could literally party like a rock star and waltz into work at 9am like nothing happened the night before.

Syck, 10 days till Vegas I'm so jelly! :carrot: I will get there one of these days. Now we got an invite to Arizona to visit my BF's childhood friend and we can stay at their house which would save us a huge amount of money.

Hugger, I'm sorry about your circumstances I can somewhat relate. I've had life-long dreams stolen from me too due to age/timing and lack of money. Stars never aligned. It's a tough pill to swallow sometimes but I try to think of the positives and what I do have. FWIW, my SIL and friend were both told they would NEVER be able to have any children and they both wound up having several. You just never know. Do what you feel is right for you but like the others said try now, with kids there is never a perfect time it seems. GL.

Diana3271
12-07-2013, 11:12 PM

Inkrid I hope you had a great day!

Saraphin I would also suggest to do some reading in here: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/medifast-223/ Hopefully you can find some helpful info there.

Kelijpa How much longer will you have snow? Snow removal is some serious exercise. Your DOMS will probably have DOMS tomorrow. :lol:

Sunnyserendipity Hi and welcome to the check-in. :welcome2: Good luck with your all of your collage and scholarship applications! I hope something really good comes your way.

Novangel I hear on you on not being able to do the things we used to do. I lose an hour of sleep and it about kills me. :rofl:

love2b150
12-07-2013, 11:16 PM
Diana stopping in to say HI :wave: Hope all is well. I remember your end of the year work. Don't work too hard. Take care :hug:

Diana3271
12-07-2013, 11:18 PM
Total Approx 1515 Calories + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (400 calories)
A combo of ricotta cheese, plain Greek yogurt, and diced peaches 400 calories

Dinner (720 calories)
Artisan Bistro Wild caught salmon dinner 280 calories
collard greens 100 calories
2vGarden lites Zucchini Chocolate Veggie Muffins 240 calories
While preparing DH's meal I had to taste a couple things for seasoning. 100 calories

Exercise
Rest day, since I was being lazy

Diana3271
12-07-2013, 11:19 PM
Rennie Hi :wave: Good to see you stop by! I hope you are doing well. End of year/beginning of year is always crazy. :dizzy: I'm always doing good just to keep my head above water. :lol:

saraphin
12-08-2013, 05:17 AM
yeah, like the duck on the water…looks peaceful, little feet swimming like mad...

Diana3271
12-08-2013, 10:10 AM

Last night I did Restorative Poses for Relaxation from Yoga for Stress Relief

I had an unexpected gain. My mouth feels like it's healing this morning from the angioedema. My gain is either a result of the angioedema or the dairy I had at lunch. I know I have the edema going on. I have been curious about dairy though. I was eating a large container of Greek Yogurt or Ricotta cheese for lunch on the weekends. Then I changed over to the Artisan Bistro Salmon dinners. It's all a science experiment, I guess. I'm not going to do the dairy at lunch on the weekends any more.

Calories for yesterday: 1515 + :coffee:
Up: 1.2 pounds

Enjoy your day!

Diana3271
12-08-2013, 10:13 AM
yeah, like the duck on the water…looks peaceful, little feet swimming like mad...

Been there, done that! :lol: People come in the office and ask how I'm doing. I tell them "wonderful!". :D They don't really want to hear my crap anyways. :lol: That's why when I have one of my rants, I just do it here. I can get it off my chest, I feel better, and hopefully I will keep my eating under control. ;) It's all relative.

IanG
12-08-2013, 11:48 AM
Up 0.6lbs today. I am eating like a bodybuilder at the hotel going for big breakfasts and going to supermarkets for a light lunch or dinner.

Breakfast: Oats. 1 coffee, milk, no sugar. Lots of scrambled egg. Lots of smoked salmon. Some smoked trout. Brocolli. 4 stuffed olives. Tomato.

Lunch: Skipped.

Dinner: Smoked salmon on rye. Red wine. Sardines. Cous cous. Trout.

Exercise: Ran 10k before breakfast. That was hard. Did 1 hour of weight training before dinner. That was easy.

Work tomorrow.

Inkrid
12-08-2013, 01:01 PM
My body did a 4 pound WOOOSH!! I don't know if it was the Liver Detox drink from two days ago, or what. I cheated plenty ~ LOL! When you gain/loose, is it from food eaten how many days ago??

Anyway, had a slice of ham and coffee for Breakky.

Had Tuna Salad ~ tuna, safflower mayo, celery and cranberries for lunch

Will have the rest for a snack if no one else wants it.

Bought steak and spinach for dinner, but it is the type of night (XMas Production) where DH could easily want to go out. We will see!!

Diana dairy does me no favors ~ but still love it!!

Radiojane
12-08-2013, 02:45 PM
Ok - first crazy Christmas event is over with! I was on my feet for close to six hours yesterday! I feel so much better than I did the first year I did it, and even last year though! Eating was crap though but I feel pretty confident about getting it tightened up this week.

Yesterday calories in 1740
Calories out: 500 ish (estimate based on running/walking all day).

Bagel with sausage
Cheese toast
Cheddar cheese
Cucumber.

saraphin
12-08-2013, 04:10 PM
hi people!

i'm not doing any xmas stuff yet. monday here and i don't like mondays…:(

i don't have to do ANYTHING but i woke up in terrible pain this morning, swallowed my tablets fast, then made coffee. ahhhh :)

now i'm here. DH is going to the city to do a job - an hour or so away. he'll be back before long. :hug:

today is exercise day. i am committed to doing my walk on my dreadmill (12 minutes), then my weights/strength training (15 minutes). it doesn't sound like much but for me it's good, my friends! :dizzy::dizzy::dizzy:

i hope you have a lovely day - i'm still trying to work out what time in the world it is for you…i think sunday night - maybe you are sound asleep…i don't know - i'll look it up so i know for sure! here in oz it is monday morning (early - 6.30) already, well that's in south australia, anyway. we have different time zones across the country, for thos friends who didn't already know this ;-) :p:p:p

bfn

saraphin
12-08-2013, 04:19 PM
ps just saw that usa is asleep although alaskans are enjoying sunday lunch!

love2b150
12-08-2013, 06:04 PM
Hi saraphin your post came through at 3:19pm here that's a little less than two hours ago. It's now 5:03pm in the evening on Sunday.

alaskanlaughter
12-08-2013, 06:09 PM
ps just saw that usa is asleep although alaskans are enjoying sunday lunch!

it's about 1 p.m. right now up here in Alaska....it's 28 degrees, cloudy and light snow falling....i'm doing laundry and have a pork roast in the oven slow-cooking :)

kelijpa
12-08-2013, 06:14 PM
Not my best day food-wise, but for a weekend not bad. inkrid, never thought of cranberries in tuna, sounds good.

B- oats w/unsweet van almond milk, poached egg
L- McD's bacon habanero quarter pounder, split fries with DH
S- snack size pb cup, fast break
D- clementines
E- 1.7 mile hike w/dog, exercise bike 30 mins

saraphin
12-08-2013, 06:42 PM
hi girls, alaskanlaughter, i got it right! - thanx - enjoy your meal :-)

love2be150 - rennie, i still don't know where you are, don't know where RDU, NC is …

kelijpa, diet sounds pretty nice …except i wouldn't do mcdonald's although i love it!. i'm glad you can lose with your diet…it's because of your fabulous hiking …i do NOTHING but i must CHANGE that to SOMETHINFG. oh, that's right….my alarm is going off soon, for me to dress in my dreadmill gear and GET ON MY DREADMILL FOR 12 MNINUTES as i said, it doesn't seem like much, but it's a lot for me. i'm buil;ding up. i want to run one day. but i'm only walking at number 4 atm. well that;s 4 km per hour.

we'll see. i'll increase things again soon. i only have done 12 minutes once, before it was 5, then 10. i'll do 15 minutes next at still 4 km per hour, incline number 1.

running would be 6 or 7 so i have to build up very slowly.

i have a lot of serious nberve pain down my left side from neuro-surgery, also ataxia from neuro. so it's all a personal and individual journey.

we must not compare ourselves to others.

bfn

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-chicks/chick01/kg/100/58/85.4/.png

saraphin
12-08-2013, 06:45 PM
and hi boy, of course! (i'm not sure if it is boys or boy)…hi to everyone !!!

Diana3271
12-08-2013, 10:24 PM

Ian Great job on your day! You haven't let travel get in the way of your success! Keep up the great work!

Inkrid Congrats on the 4 pounds! :carrot:

Radiojane Great job getting through that rough day!

Saraphin Good job with the workouts. Take it easy and work your way up as you get stronger and feel healthier.

Alaskanlaughter I hope you could relax a little today.

Rennie Hi :wave:

Kelijpa Good job on your weekend!

Diana3271
12-08-2013, 10:32 PM
Total Approx 1375 Calories + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (380 Calories)
Artisan Salmon Dinner 280 calories
roasted cauliflower 100 calories

Dinner (600 calories)
chicken salad wrap 400 calories
steamed veggies 100 calories
fruit cup 100 calories

Exercise: DH took Cody with him today so I had some extra time to try out some online yoga
Yoga Twist How To for Beginners: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4486vkmeh4
Yoga Detox Workout: Rainbeau Mars- BeFit Yoga: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUzEwfdXCb8
LM Sports Attack

alaskanlaughter
12-08-2013, 10:57 PM
I had a hard weight workout this morning, been upping the weights again....ate okay today but still wanting chocolate, not sure why....lots of drama today with the family who used to have niece's little girl....hopefully it's blown over for another week or so....laundry and chores are done, made a nice pork roast for dinner

kelijpa
12-08-2013, 10:57 PM
Saraphin, I try to eat healthy food most of the time, we usually have some kind of "treat" on the weekend. Knowing I can have a "treat" whatever it might be helps me avoid them on a regular basis. It's a little mind trick. That being said, eating healthier has gotten easier with practice much the same as exercise. Keep at it with your "dreadmill" it may become your best friend someday.

IanG
12-09-2013, 07:34 AM
Yes, I am a boy!

Down 2.2lbs today to 167.2lbs. Wow. It won't stick, but I'll enjoy it for the day.

I am still scoffing the smoked salmon and eggs! It's going to be one of those weeks.

Breakfast: Oats. 1 coffee, milk, no sugar. Lots of scrambled egg. Lots of smoked salmon. Some smoked trout. Lots of brocolli. 4 stuffed olives. Tomato.

Lunch: Smoked salmon on rye. Mackeral. Mixed seafood (mussels, octopus, shrimp). Anchovies.

Dinner: Red wine.

Exercise: Ran 10k before breakfast. Will do 1 hour of weight training after work.

Diana3271
12-09-2013, 08:29 AM

Last night I added on: 10 Minute PM De-Stresser from Mariel Hemmingway's and Rodney Yee's Yoga Now

I have had another gain. That's almost 2 pounds this weekend. I haven't eaten anything food wise (calories, sodium, msg) that would cause this. I don't have intense DOMS either. I think it's from the angioedema. Hopefully things will start calming down in the next couple of days. It really weird. The angioedema started flaring up during my weight loss journey. I noticed I would not lose any weight while I was having a flare up. It didn't matter if I dropped my calories, etc. So frustrating, but I could have something worse.

Calories for yesterday: 1375 + :coffee:
Weigh In: 162.4
Up: .6

Enjoy your day.

Inkrid
12-09-2013, 09:17 AM
saraphin, Ian has the happiest diet ever! A nice breakfast, a great big lunch, fish is his only meat, and a beer/wine for dinner! Also, he exercises.

kelijpa
12-09-2013, 12:07 PM
Good morning all, happy Monday! Up .5 windy cold day out there, luckily again we did not get the precipitation they were calling for.

B- eggs, cheese, sausage scramble (carefully measured portions of cheese and sausage)
L- split pea soup
S- sugar free fat free butterscotch pudding made w/unsweet almond milk (use 1/2 the milk)
D- DH is making pierogies...I see miles on the bike in my future... :D
E- 2 mile slush hike, 60 mins exercise bike

Diana sorry for your angioedema issues I can see what a challenge it would be to manage your weight if you didn't keep track like you do, knowing you haven't gone off plan and your history with it must make it somewhat easier to deal with. :hug:

Radiojane
12-09-2013, 01:46 PM
-40C again and today was the day my jeep wouldn't start. She's been good all winter. That cancelled my swim for today, but I had to walk to work so by the time I'm done shivering, it should close to even out!

Yesterday calories in 1500
Cheese
spinach salad
fish with gluten free batter
cucumber
tomato
eggs

Yesterday calories out: 250
Aerobics dvd 20 min

Inkrid
12-09-2013, 02:35 PM
Having a Nuti-Blast day, and using the old fruits and veggies in the house! Don't want to go to the store as it is still a sheet of ice outside!! Had a blend of apples, lettuce and Fiber Mix with water and ice cubes.

Syckgirlsfv
12-09-2013, 07:49 PM
Syck, 10 days till Vegas I'm so jelly! :carrot: I will get there one of these days. Now we got an invite to Arizona to visit my BF's childhood friend and we can stay at their house which would save us a huge amount of money.

now it's a week :p Arizona would be cool, you could visit the Grand Canyon, too!

I'm in the middle of my STATS final, which is due Friday by midnight (take-home test but absolutely NO easier!) and it's driving me nuts already. So far I either have a low A or a high B in that class, so I REALLY want an A on the final! ARGH! :book2: I have 2 more finals, both Thursday night, and then I'm out of school officially until January 6th! Vegas is my perfect way to celebrate :hat::hat::hat::dance::dancer::cloud9:
So far the weather is looking good :yay:

Ok enough of that...I got back 2 pounds of water after eating Panda last night! Really, I weighed 2 pounds heavier when we came home from eating! It seems to be coming off but it's been such an issue for me lately you never know.

Today's menu:
B - trader joe's high fiber cereal, unsweetened almond milk
S1 - organic Fuji apple
L - salad: romaine lettuce, energy nut mix, tofu, broccoli slaw, balsamic vinaigrette
S2 - maybe mini babybel light when I get home and just before gym
D - I defrosted 2 filet mignons from Omaha steaks and I'll bake a sweet potato and steam some fresh broccoli.
Wine at bedtime.

Hitting the gym when I get home - shoulders, arms, maybe some cardio. Have a great evening all!

kelijpa
12-09-2013, 08:06 PM
Wow RadioJane that is seriously cold!! I'm sure you burned some serious calories shivering! Wow I will not complain about the cold again...

novangel
12-09-2013, 08:44 PM
*sigh*

BF is sick and my throat feels funny since this morning so I'm afraid to push with exercise. I can't tell if I'm getting sick or not. That combined with TOM always acting crazy (thanks to IUD) occasional insomnia, anxiety and/or stress it seems like I can't ever get back on track with running for more than a week at a time. There's always something. :mad: Granted I'm fine with food and weight but I actually WANT to jog.

Also it's 0 outside so that's not helping me to leave the house. Jillian will cause too much noise, BF napping.

I want to go to the gym but again I'm afraid to push. I just dealt with a 3 week cold last month. So annoyed. /rant

Happygal73
12-09-2013, 09:02 PM
Hello all!

Here is what I ate today.
Breakfast-cereal with 1/2 banana
Lunch-veggie soup with crackers 1 cookie
Dinner-Broccoli (sp?) with leaks stir fry with a sweet potato and fat free sugar free chocolate pudding.
My weight has been going down. A new low for me 176.7.:carrot:

Take care all!!

pluckypear
12-09-2013, 09:45 PM
Hi Everybody!

The scale finally moved.
Down 1.8 since last week and that is two days in a row so I consider it official. :)

I found out my thyroid meds are too low and they will be increased but not until the end of the month. :( I hate this waiting for appointments and so forth.

Diana It sounds like Cody is back to his usual self. So glad he fully recovered.

Alaskanlaughter Did you get your truck fixed?

Food

2 hard boiled eggs-4
homemade banana bread-6

healthy planet spicy lentil soup-11
1 small apple

12 small rice crackers-2
light cream cheese-2
smoked organic salmon-3.5

skinless boneless chicken breast(little olive oil and tomato sauce)-7
1/2 head organic Napa
organic shitake mushrooms
1/2 large red onion
1 tsp. olive oil-1

black earl grey tea
frozen blueberries
cool whip-2
small piece of mint chocolate-1

Good night.

saraphin
12-09-2013, 10:36 PM
o i just wrote a big, long post and i pushed something and lost it.

the gist was, hi everyone,. and i can't post individuaslly right now (although i would like to) because i must DO something 'house-worky'.

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wOza78m/weight.png

my weight hasn't shifted! grrrr:mad::mad::mad:

bfn

Diana3271
12-09-2013, 10:47 PM

Alaskanlaughter Great job with the weights!

Ian Congrats on the 2.2 pounds! :carrot:

Kelijpa I think the angioedema has pushed me to stay on plan as much as I can. I don't have room to have an off plan eating gain when I am having the flare ups. I think it might be helping with moderation, too. I try to keep things more controlled when I do eat off plan. Did you get that slush hike in? :brr:

Radiojane Are you continuing to feel better from the stone situation?

Inkrid Good job continuing with the shakes!

Syckgirlsfv Did you get any new info from the Dr? Do you think you could be more sodium/additive sensitive than you used to be?

Novangel Feel better soon. Sending healthy thoughts your way.

Happygal Congrats on the new low! :carrot:

Pluckypear Yes, he is back to his bad puppy self. ;) Great job on the 1.8 pounds! :carrot:

Saraphin Hi :wave: back at you! :D Good luck with the house work!

Diana3271
12-09-2013, 10:49 PM

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (385 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (600 Calories)
Dusted grilled haddock 300 calories
3 orders steamed veggies 300 calories

Exercise:
War 5 w/#1 hand weights

HuggerBunny
12-10-2013, 01:36 AM
Today there was lots going on and I didn't get a chance to eat until I got home. Here's what I had:

Snack:
-small slice of cheddar cheese

Dinner:
-cup of peas
-cup of raspberries
-2 tbsp peanut butter

I was really tired and really hungry when I got home, so didn't cook anything. Thoroughly enjoyed my weird dinner though, those are 3 of my favorite foods :) I was a weird kid- my favorite food was peas!

IanG
12-10-2013, 08:09 AM
Down 0.6lbs today to 166.6lbs. This is amazing.

Not eating hummus (a daily staple with my lunch at home) has really kick-started my weight loss again, I think. If this continues, the hummus gets ditched when I am back and replaced with scrambled egg. I'll need to figure out how to make that at work though.

Breakfast: Oats. 1 coffee, milk, no sugar. Lots of scrambled egg. Lots of smoked salmon. Some smoked trout. Lots of brocolli. (I went back for thirds, that's how much I mean by lots). 4 stuffed olives. Tomato.

Lunch: Smoked salmon on rye. Mackeral. Sardines.

Exercise: Ran 10k before breakfast. Will do 1 hour of weight training after work.

Diana3271
12-10-2013, 08:18 AM

Last night I added on: Restorative Poses for Relaxation from Yoga for Stress Relief

No gain this morning, so hopefully the edema will be calming down.

Weigh In: 162.4
No Change

Have a great day!

kelijpa
12-10-2013, 08:57 AM
Diana, I did get the slush hike in, we were able to pick up the pace a little so managed to get in 2 miles before dark, then the little dog got a bath, he loves it...when it's over, not so much during, he acts like it's torture, but then he's immediately joyful when we get to the drying off...goofy thing

Also got 60 mins on the bike, so up 0.4 today, not bad I guess with the amount of butter on those pierogies...maybe I'm putting on a little muscle in the legs, I certainly can tell I did something in the quads.

DH has his follow up appt today, curious to see what they say, he seems to me to be doing very well, doing everything they told him to do.

Don't have a real plan for today yet, oats and egg for breakfast, but committed to eating as healthy as possible, this is the longest stretch I've been weighing in in the 150s, hanging on for dear life :D

Hope everyone has a good healthy day! :sunny:

pluckypear
12-10-2013, 11:20 AM
Good Morning!

I will get outside for a walk today.

Food

2 cups coffee with cream-2
smoked salmon-2
12 small rice crackers-2
light cream cheese-2

gardein veggie crispy chicken-14
tsp. olive oil-1
nappa cabbage
red onion

2 apples

I will report on dinner later but expecting to have oven roasted shrimp, more nappa and roasted butternut squash. I always save some points for a sweet with black tea in the evening. Likely it will be a small piece of dark mint chocolate.

novangel
12-10-2013, 12:30 PM
BF is still sick and I definitely have something going on in my chest. I love winter. :/

I will try to get in exercise tonight. I also don't understand TOM, its been on and off since Thurs night/Friday. 5 days already either bring it on or leave!! This is making me crabby.

alaskanlaughter
12-10-2013, 01:35 PM
did I mention that last week niece, her toddler and her bf were all diagnosed with scabies? ughhh....I spent a day or two washing all their stuff in hot water, bedding etc....none of us really have enough physical contact for it to spread to us BUT I woke up with lots of little itchy bumps that are not my normal random allergic reaction things...so now i'm already starting on washing our bedding and clothes in hot water and have a dr apt for myself this morning...i'm not even sure it's scabies but i'd rather be sure....I wont make it to the gym because the dr will take up my gym time unless I go tonight which there may not be time for also

Syckgirlsfv
12-10-2013, 02:25 PM
Diana - I did get my blood work results back, and they aren't too shabby! He said cholesterol was high, but it's only 207 and my good cholesterol is 57 (HDL). Everything else is great, except for my Bilirubin - it's high. Has something to do with liver breakdown of red blood cells or something like that.

2 more days to finals and 5 more days to VEGAS! Just have to finish that STATS final by friday midnight, too...I am READY for Vegas, I'll tell you that! :dancer::crazy:

Dinner last night was so good! had the steaks, and broccoli, but instead of sweet potato I steamed butternut squash and mashed it with mozarella cheese in it. Shoulders and arms at the gym last night, and ran/walk the treadmill for 20 minutes.
On the menu today:
S1 - 15 almonds
L - salad: romaine, chopped baby bella mushrooms, chopped bacon, chopped turkey, balsamic vinaigrette.
S2 - organic fuji apple
D - not sure which meat yet, but something from Omaha like chicken or pork. Sweet potato or leftover butternut squash mash, maybe more broccoli or salad.

We were going to do cardio tonight, but my legs are done in from running the treadmill for the last 4 days. So, we're planning on a walk down Riverside Drive where we can look at all the Christmas decorations and lights down by the equestrian center! :wreath::tree::ginger:

Diana3271
12-10-2013, 02:28 PM
Hi Everyone

Last week I had blood drawn for my thyroid labs. Today was the appointment to go over the results. If you recall, my thyroid numbers got out of range when my Mom passed away. The Dr. has had to up my Synthroid many times. The last time I went in, my weight had dropped 1 pound and my meds were regulated for the first time in almost 1 1/2 years. This time, my weight was up 2 pounds from the last. So I am basically maintaining. At the end of October, I decided to drop my calories by 100 per day. I knew I had some events coming up, the fair, DH's birthday, our anniversary, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years. My goal was to maintain during this time. It has been a real struggle just to maintain my weight while eating 100 less than what I used to lose on. I have continued to workout on a regular basis, although, I'm not working out as intense and my workouts are not as long as they used to be. I have also been using yoga to help with my stress levels. This was per the Dr's request. She was hoping that it would help with the stress which would help with the whole thyroid situation and it turn I could maintain my weight easier. So the Dr. comes in and asks how I'm feeling, etc. Then she said "we are going to have to adjust your meds". All I could think is, Oh Lord, if she lowers my meds how in the world am I going to maintain now. I am doing all the right things. I measure everything. I even dropped my calories. I am at least maintaining right now. I literally can't do any more. But I know, with my history if I don't keep trying I can easily be 400 pounds again. I guess she saw the shocked look on my face and explained that she was going to have to up my Synthroid since my numbers were out of range again. I was so relieved and then told her that I had actually lowered my calories so I could try to maintain my weight. I told her that I was probably working harder at this than she knew. She said she knew I had to be working hard since my numbers were off again and I was at least maintaining. Such a rollercoaster ride! Hopefully things will regulate sometime. Also, she asked about the angioedema. She doesn't know a lot about it, but based on what she knows, she feels that they go hand in hand. Again, hopefully things will get regulated sometime in the near future. Now I'm up to 237 mcg Synthroid daily. The pharmacist will probably do a freak out over this.

Inkrid
12-10-2013, 05:37 PM
We are praying for you Diana!

alaskanlaughter
12-10-2013, 05:59 PM
diana i hope things get smoothed out for you :)

pluckypear my car is as fixed as it's going to be at the moment...DH has narrowed the problem down to a faulty idle air control valve and it runs decently for him...the valve needs to be replaced, which is about $50 and DH's time to do it...right now he drives my car and i drive his truck because i can't afford to get stranded somewhere in a car that just won't idle well

i spent my morning at the doctor's office and then pharmacy...the dr seemed more concerned about the giant bite out of life that i seem to be taking LOL than he was about possible scabies...with working full time, two kids of my own, a house, pets and now two more people living with us that i'm essentially raising, that's alot of work...then toss in the various activities for my boys and the board/committee work that i'm part of...and apparently the doctor thinks i'm pretty busy...he asked me point blank "so what do you do to take care of yourself?" and i said "I go to the gym" which seemed to be an acceptable answer...

when i go to the gym, it's just me focused on myself :D no older kids needing rides, no teenager behind on homework, no soccer practices, no fussy bedtimes for the 3 year old...none of that...just ME :D

and apparently i have very minor scabies...so minor that he didn't even bother with a skin sample, just looked at me and heard the history of it in the house and prescribed enough medicated cream for my entire family LOL and i also have a minor ear infection that's been clearing up on its own since last week

and now i work til 6 p.m. and MIGHT go to the gym afterwards....we'll see how tired i am...plus i have an awful lot of laundry left to do *sigh*

kelijpa
12-10-2013, 06:53 PM
Diana you'll be in my thoughts and prayers, I downloaded a meditation app on my phone called take10, the idea is to get started with meditation just 10 minutes a day for 10 days, it goes on from there, but I just did the 10 days and just kind of do the steps when I'm laying in bed worrying about things when I should be getting rested, it's really helped me to be able to still my mind. I still go off on a tangent but realize it and come back to just concentrating on my breathing. I'm trying to do some yoga as well, I need to work on my flexibility...best of luck to you getting that stabilized.

Alaskan wow, like you needed another thing to deal with, i like how you say apparently the dr. thinks you're busy, to you it's normal, you're out there getting done what needs to get done! Best of luck to you, too.

PluckyPear congrats on the scale movement, your roasted shrimp and butternut squash sounds yummy!

Well DH got the splints removed from his nose, his breathing really improved, they said he's healing really well so that was good news, we were both a little keyed up not knowing how it was going to go so skipped bfast, had coffee tho!

L- Arby's Reuben sandwich
D- fish fillets w/tartar and side of applesauce
S- Irish cream
E- 2 mile snow hike with the little dog

That really doesn't look like a very healthy day...oh well, tomorrow should be better, I'm making chicken divan lite with lots of broccoli.

Ian great job with the weight loss, who would have thought hummus...I bought some chickpeas to make some, I had some jalapeño hummus from Wegman's mixed with salsa it was great, I could easily overeat on that. I learned from NewLeaf how to poach an egg in the micro, not sure about scrambling. When we were doing low carb I used to make scrambled eggs and cheese at home and bring them to work in a container and heat them up there. Best of luck to you, I'm wondering how my oats and poached eggs are going to travel tomorrow...I think they'll be good.

saraphin
12-10-2013, 07:27 PM
hi everyone, just checking in,

my weight is exactly the same. this must be the 4th plateau i've reached since i started. that's in 14.6 kilo's only. ohh 4 rocky outcrops in 14 and a half kilo's makes things no fun. grrr:(:(:(

well, i finally bit the bullet and decided to move onto the 2nd phase of my optifast diet - transition. i only replace 2 meals a day now, with their muck and for my evening meal i get to make a great and NORMAL (but low-cal of course) yummy meal. :):):)

it's to teach me the right approach to food. i must go through all 4 phases for this, according to the program, so i am following the rules because it's clinically proven to work! :carrot::carrot::carrot:

i'm allowed 1 SMALL fruit and 1 SMALL dairy a day also. yah, fruit! but don't go overboard, saraphin. :dizzy::dizzy::dizzy:

before, i was eating 5 pieces of fruit a day. WRONG. so now i know, ONE piece is right for me.

i have a planned menu to start (including DH who also wants to be healthier - he's already lost 16 kilo's in 2 years) from the 'bikini cookbook.' it's new.

i also have a diabetic recipe book that's really good and a family circle one with <400 cal recipes. :p:p:p

last night we had gorgeous white fish fillets (simply fried with a tiny bit of oil in a non-stick pan) and a fantastic salad. it was an incredible meal. DH loved it too. so we'll do THAT again!

tonight we need to eat up some of the veg in the 'fridge so i'll think up a stir-fry or soup or something i suppose. some vegetarian meal. any ideas? we eat some of those (vegetarian meals). it helps. nobody ever got fat eating vegetables! LOL.

love to all you boy and girls :hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

saraphin

Inkrid
12-10-2013, 07:30 PM
Still using up the fruits and veggies in the house for my green drinks. Apples and spinach or frozen berries and greens, both with Fiber Blend. Am still drinking my 64 oz. of water today.

saraphin
12-10-2013, 07:42 PM
oh juice! interesting idea, inkrid.

novangel
12-10-2013, 09:09 PM
Diana, I hope things level out for you. Thyroid problems are a pain. :hug:

I came home, put on my gym clothes, and then fell asleep on the couch. It's obviously not happening. BF has 101.2 fever (which is pretty high for a 40 year old) and I have been coughing all day. I guess I have to wait until I feel 100% plus I'd feel bad leaving him here. I'll just have to get back to it when I can. I can't beat myself up over it. Things just keep coming up. :shrug:

Diana3271
12-10-2013, 10:21 PM

Thank you very much for the support. It does help to be able to voice my frustrations. I am just so glad there is a reason that the whole weight thing is a lot of work. I guess it would really make me nuts if my numbers came back normal or that the meds were too high. I am hoping that the angioedema and thyroid are messing with other and I can get some relief there, too. I just wish the angioedema would go away. I know that my problems could be so much worse, so I am still grateful, however frustrated , with my little issues.

Huggerbunny You are eating what you like, so that's the main thing. My favorite veggie used to be green beans. I would literally eat a plate of them. The calories were low, so not a biggie. When I thought I had a food allergy, I thought I was allergic to legumes. I cut out all legumes, including green beans. Now when I eat green beans, I don't like their taste as well, for some reason. I must have lost my taste with them. Hmm, why doesn't that happen with the foods we crave? :rofl: Like chocolate, etc?

Ian Good job on the .6. The hummus is probably higher in calories and sodium than what you are eating in eggs. The carbs may be too high for you, too. Everyone is different. It looks like you are finding a new "sweet spot" in your weight loss.

Kelijpa I'm glad you updated about your DH. I was going to ask about him last night and then I forgot when I was making my post. I think the meditation and yoga has helped me, too. I think it's just going to take time with all that I have been through in recent years.

Pluckypear Good job on your day and for working in your evening treat.

Novangle I hope you and your BF start feeling better soon. Hang in there. You probably need the rest more than the workout right now.

Alaskanlaughter I'm glad the scabies is only a mild case. Sending you big hugs :hug: for all that you have going on. Hang in there.

Syckgirlsfv Those cholesterol numbers are not bad. Not worth taking meds for. Enjoy your evening and looking at the Christmas lights.

Inkrid Thank you. Good job with the shakes and for getting that water in.

Saraphin Good job following your plan. What did you decide to make for dinner. A stir fry sounds great!

Diana3271
12-10-2013, 10:27 PM
Total Approx 1500 Calories + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (385 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner Total Approx 720 Calories - I ordered it cooked plain, without any seasoning or oil. My calories should be lower than what I listed which come from their website.
Pasta e Fagioli 130 calories
Herb-Grilled Salmon dinner w/broccoli 590 calories

Exercise:
KCM's 30 MTF Start Here Cardio Sculpt and Upper Body Weights w/#8's
TF Fire 45 EZ

alaskanlaughter
12-10-2013, 11:54 PM
I am definitely not going to the gym tonight because I am flat out exhausted :( I barely ate today and still have numerous things to get done tonight....laundry being a big one so we can have something clean to sleep on...I get so hungry sometimes that I don't even want to eat....I might not even eat dinner....my stomach has been upset all afternoon too....if I can get the kids down earlier I can go to bed earlier too...IF the laundry is clean by then....im so tired

HuggerBunny
12-11-2013, 04:33 AM
Alaskanlaughter, will your niece and her child be with you permanently? Definitely sounds stressful on top of everything else. I will be thinking of you!

This is what I had today, again a busy day.

Lunch:
Bagel (haven't had a bagel in about 3 months, it was great! This was a treat)

Dinner:
-turkey spam and a scrambled egg
-raw baby carrots, cherry tomatoes, and cucumber wedges with a bit of caesar dressing for dipping

IanG
12-11-2013, 05:36 AM
Thanks Diana and I hope the new dose works out for you.

And Kelijpa, good luck with the hummus. I love the stuff but am unsure what impact it has had on my weightloss. I have stalled around 170 for the past few months but on this trip to Turkey where I have had to drop my hummus (I eat a tub of the Wegman's stuff a day when at home), my weight began to drop. Well, it began to drop until today that is!

Home-made stuff is the way to go through as the calories in it are a lot lower than store bought.

So I am going to watch my weight closely. If I stay under 170, the hummus gets the bullet. If I creep back to 170, I'll keep my beloved dip. That's the deal I have made with myself this week. It's a shame because I have tubs of the stuff left at home.

Up 1.8lbs today to 168.4lbs. Must be my weekly gain.

Breakfast: Oats. 1 coffee, milk, no sugar. Lots of scrambled egg. Lots of smoked salmon. Some smoked trout. Lots of brocolli. 4 stuffed olives. Tomato.

Lunch: Smoked salmon on rye. Sardines.

HuggerBunny
12-11-2013, 06:12 AM
Ian, why do you think hummus may have stalled your weight loss? That's interesting. It makes sense that different people's bodies would be susceptible to different things! Hopefully it isn't the hummus and you can keep having it. I love hummus and was actually going to make some tonight to go with raw veggies, but the main part of my dinner had plenty of protein already so I just went with a bit of dressing. Tomorrow I plan to make hummus, though :) I jokingly call my immersion blender my "hummus maker" because while I use it for many things, it's mostly used for hummus. If I just dump all the ingredients in a bowl, I can have hummus in about 2 minutes! Haven't had it since I began trying to lose weight, hopefully I'll be lucky and it won't cause issues for me.

Inkrid
12-11-2013, 08:15 AM
Was online researching and found out I really need to be taking in more nutrients. So that would be 3 -4 big Nutri-Blasts instead of 2-3. That is more produce than I normally eat, maybe that's why I've instinctively put in more spinach than apples because IRL I would never eat 3-4 apples a day LOL.

Then with my water, I will float away!!

Will somehow find a way to exercise even though it's in the teens today.

Going to the store after two days of ice and snow to restock kitchen!! OMG, variety!

P.S. Yes, I do eat Real Food, I know one person last month was concerned.

Inkrid
12-11-2013, 08:18 AM
Hummus is made with chickpeas which is a legume, probably. Legumes are good for maintaining weight. Losing with them? Harder!

Diana3271
12-11-2013, 08:22 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! :wave: Is it Friday, yet? :lol:

Last night I added on: Restful and Rejuvenating Sleep from Gael Chiarella's PM Yoga Meditations

Calories for yesterday: 1500 + :coffee:
Weigh In: 162.2

Enjoy your day!

IanG
12-11-2013, 09:42 AM
Ian, why do you think hummus may have stalled your weight loss?

Because I eat an entire 10 ounce tub a day...

I am also thinking about reducing my other carb sources which I eat in my salads: corn, black beans, kidney beans and lentils. Shame because I love these. Perhaps just the corn can go...

I have got some super-stubborn belly fat that I need to address. Then I am done.

After which I will maintain/body build.

Syckgirlsfv
12-11-2013, 12:24 PM
Guess what day it is?!?!? it's Hump Daaaaaaay! LOL love that commercial...:lol:

I'm off tomorrow to study for my Business Management final tomorrow night...I'm in good shape for finishing my Stats final today during lunch, too. It's supposed to be around 72 degrees today...yay! :beach:

I'm not much for cold weather...though what we consider cold here in So Cal, people in other parts of the country would consider lovely. Ah, well...I was born here so what can I say? :p

Ended up having a pork chop (Omaha of course), and some of the butternut squash mash for dinner - I still had some sweet potato casserole leftover that was still good, so I mixed it in to the mash and added another handful of mozzarella - DH loved it. it was YUMMY :eating2:

ok today:

B - trader joes...blah blah blah blah etc, etc, etc...
S1 - fuji apple
L - salad: romaine, turkey, bacon, baby bella mushrooms, balsamic vinaigrette
S2 - almonds if I get hungry
D - not too sure, going to a Christmas get together with the ladies from church so something quick like maybe a turkey burger or salmon.

no exercise due to gathering...

oxalis
12-11-2013, 12:45 PM
Good Morning All!

I am back! Since I last posted i've lost a couple more pounds ever so slowly, but November was the first month I stopped losing and just maintained. I'd like to drop another 5 or so, so here I am!

today's weight: 131.3 (holding on to some water weight + TOM is coming)
yesterday's exercise: 0 (but shoveled snow)
yesterday's calories: 1,450

kelijpa
12-11-2013, 06:29 PM
B- oats, poached egg
L- spring mix, salmon, Italian, yogurt dressing
D- pork chop, roasted brussel sprouts and carrots

Hope everyone's having a great day!
Might have to really talk myself into exercising tonight, some days are just like that... :sunny:

novangel
12-11-2013, 06:39 PM
Definitely sick with a chest cold. :rolleyes:

Ok, so I guess there's ONE thing I miss about dental (I bet none of us ever saw those words coming!) and that was being able to wear a mask/gloves when dealing with the public, nor did I ever have to handle any money. I had only 2-3 colds in the last 5+ years now 2 colds and pink eye since November. Can't be coincidence. I do wash my hands like crazy but I guess that's not enough. I'm going to buy some Lysol to spray around my station after every client. Enough of this crap. I lost count on how many people come in for service while sick including kids. Very inconsiderate.

I'm sure I will be MIA for a few days to deal with this and never-ending TOM. BF is still sick too.

Be back ASAP.

Inkrid
12-11-2013, 06:47 PM
I have discovered avocados for my green drinks. OMG, sooooo good!! I don't think I'll lose a lot of weight eating these, but so worth it today!

Making an Italian Meatloaf for DS's birthday. Potatoes, asparagus, CAKE.. Wish me luck!

saraphin
12-11-2013, 07:05 PM
:carrot::carrot::carrot:no carb's for 13 weeks. that's the guts of my comment. :carrot::carrot::carrot:

something happened and i lost a really long post. i can't write it again, no way! :carrot::carrot::carrot:

but optifast demands no carb's AT ALL so now i'm on the 2nd phase i can introduce 1 piece!! whoo-hoo, fruit! i'm so excited. :):):)

it sounds extrewme but it is for treatment of obesity so i need it. also it's ony temporary i keep telling myself. :dizzy::dizzy::dizzy:

i have lost 15.8 kilo's so…yah for me!!!! :hug::hug::hug:

the message is, stay away from carbohydrates. not completely., like i have had to on the beginning of this particular program, but if you drop some carb's you are bound to lose. the optifast mantra is, "if you cheat, cheat with meat".

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wiawfgH/weight.png

i hope you are all doing ok this morning…it's thursday morning here in oz, a lovely cool spring morning too. cheers. bfn

Diana3271
12-11-2013, 09:26 PM

Alaskanlaughter I hope you were able to get some rest last night.

Huggerbunny Enjoy the homemade hummus. Sounds great!

Ian Good job on keeping up with the fitness. Does the hotel have a nice gym? Are you staying at the same hotel as before?

Inkrid You are discovering all sorts of nutrient powerhouses.

Syckgrlsfv Good job on your day. Have fun at the Christmas get together.

Oxalis Welcome back! Good job on your continued weight loss! Keep up the great work!

Kelijpa Were you able to fit a workout in?

Novangel Feel better soon.

Saraphin Good job sticking with your plan! :carrot:

Diana3271
12-11-2013, 09:32 PM

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (385 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (600 Calories)
2 orders broccoli 200 calories

Exercise:
KCM's 30 MTF TLC combined workouts w/#1 hand weights

saraphin
12-11-2013, 09:38 PM
diane, fantastic meals you are having…grilled salmon, whole wheat bread and muffins (just a small serving as needed), cheese (just a little), eggs, vegetables, mmmmmm good girl, that's how it's done … here's my 3fc ticker. it's in kilo's so remember if you want to convert to pounds you just multiply by 2.2

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-chicks/chick01/kg/0/42/15.8/.png

alaskanlaughter
12-11-2013, 10:17 PM
Alaskanlaughter, will your niece and her child be with you permanently? Definitely sounds stressful on top of everything else. I will be thinking of you!

This is what I had today, again a busy day.

Lunch:
Bagel (haven't had a bagel in about 3 months, it was great! This was a treat)

Dinner:
-turkey spam and a scrambled egg
-raw baby carrots, cherry tomatoes, and cucumber wedges with a bit of caesar dressing for dipping

I'm not sure if they will be with us permanently or not...I'm not sure what direction we as a family are going...and by "family" I mean not just us but niece and her father, grandma, uncles etc...I'm not sure if the goal is simply to support them so they can function independently as a family (niece, toddler and boyfriend)...or if we're looking at eventual guardianship of the toddler so she can go do what she wants to do by herself...or what...But right now I think they'll be with us for awhile

pluckypear
12-11-2013, 10:20 PM
Hello All!

It is freezing here today.

Food

2 boiled eggs-4
1 small apple

oven roasted butternut squash

10 oven roasted shrimp-4
roasted butternut shrimp
1/2 head of napa
red onion
olive oil (3 tsp)-3

Lots of points left so had treats:
light egg nog-4
1/2 cup almond silk-1

black tea

49 pistachios-5

1 ounce dark chocolate-4

Still points left but done eating for the night.

Exercise-30 minutes walking at a moderate pace.

Good night.

alaskanlaughter
12-11-2013, 10:25 PM
the drama never ends...today the mother of the family who had been watching niece's toddler sent alot of threatening messages to my husband and flooded niece's facebook with messages constantly threatening to sue her and all sorts of stuff...in addition to all the harassing messages she sent both of them over the weekend...so finally today my husband went to the court and filed a protective order against this lady and spoke to a judge...he then went and filed a police report and this lady will be served today (probably already has) with an order that prohibits her from contacting any of us in any way including social media, email etc

ughhhh not like we don't have enough to do already...and the police officer said that all the things she's threatening to do to niece, suing etc, is totally illegal...i just hope she leaves us in peace and quiet...she IS mentally unstable but still...*sigh*

i havent eaten much today but did do a hard weight workout...my stomach is upset and maybe means i need to eat, not sure

kelijpa
12-12-2013, 07:27 AM
Good morning all, down 0.1, yay!

Diana no workout yesterday, TOM made an appearance late last night so that could explain the kind of lethargy, better than some of the mood swinging PMS I had when younger for sure. I try and take my vitamin everyday, it really seems to help with a lot of things.

So far:
B- cream if wheat, unsweet almond milk
L- spring mix, yogurt dressing, salmon
S- biscotti 160 cals. (Friend bought me...)
D- chicken divan

Did walk at work

Planning on walking at work, chicken divan lite for dinner

Diana3271
12-12-2013, 08:15 AM

Last night I added on: Short Rest from AM PM Yoga for Beginners

Enjoy your day!

Inkrid
12-12-2013, 08:54 AM
Had an Epic Fail at DS's birthday... One cheat meal, but what a cheat meal it was!! Oh well, back to the avocados..

oxalis
12-12-2013, 09:25 AM
Happy Thursday All! ♥♥♥

No change on the scale today. I was so hungry last night but managed not to eat past 5 pm.

I'm heading out to my parents house for the day, which is always a big obstacle for me diet-wise. My parents and my in-laws house; the only two places in the world I find it impossible to stay on plan. It's not like they try to make me eat poorly or there is a lot of bad food around, I just have a weird urge to eat anything and everything I see. It's obviously stress, but I haven't figured out how to combat it yet.

:wave: Diana

today's weight: 131.3 no change
yesterday's exercise: 2.75 mile run, 15 minutes on the cybex approx. 425 c. burn
yesterday's calories: 1,335

pluckypear
12-12-2013, 12:05 PM
Good Morning!!!

Exercise
1/2 hour moderate walking

Food

1 cup oatmeal made from groats-4
1 banana
1 small apple

I will have shrimp and butternut squash for lunch and not sure about dinner. Maybe eggs in purgatory http://www.nigella.com/recipes/view/eggs-in-purgatory
for dinner. Yum! And so simple.

Have a good day!

novangel
12-12-2013, 12:14 PM
Oh man, I really took a turn for the worse last night after I posted. Fever spiked to 101.7-102, now things are looking more than just a chest cold. :mad: I'm probably going to have to miss work tomorrow now too. My BF is still fighting his flu but he seems worse.. I stocked up on Lysol because I'm worried about my son getting any of this. I'm praying he doesn't. :crossed:

I don't have to worry about weight gain that's for sure but I'm probably out of the rat race for a week. This really blows.

I'll be back later.

alaskanlaughter
12-12-2013, 12:41 PM
novangel i hope you get to feeling better soon :) being sick sucksss

we got a few more inches of rain/snow last night but roads are drive-able today, much better than yesterday when no one plowed anything...still expecting alot of snow through today but maybe it won't

Health Nut
12-12-2013, 01:11 PM
I feel bad about my eating today, I guess it's not THAT bad but I am trying to stick with a certain regime/low-calorie diet and when I screw up even if by a tiny bit, I get upset. I want to never have breaks, and have consistent weight loss.. basically, THE DREAM! Winter is not making it any easier. Any of you just crave really warm things like hot chocolate with marshmallows, or an apple crisp with a scoop of vanilla ice cream? :(

I had:
- 1 granola bar, and a cup of coffee (150 calories)
- 1 big salad with chicken (No idea as I was eating out, but I guessed 450 calories)
- grilled chicken with veggies + a tub of low-fat yogurt (350 calories)
- 2 granola bars (300 calories)
- 1 granny smith apple (75 calories)

Totals to about 1350 calories which is not bad but I was aiming for 1200 AND I am still very hungry. :( These granola bars are the death of me, they added 450 calories with so little tummy filling up.

Syckgirlsfv
12-12-2013, 01:40 PM
Morning everyone!!!! :wave::wave::wave::wave::wave: It is a glorious morning here in So Cal!!! :sunny: Sunny and 70 degrees today...gotta love it! Vegas is going to be nice, too. :p

I took the day off to study for a business management final that I have tonight, so I actually got to sleep in! :coffee2:

haven't eaten yet, just coffee...but I'm thinking of making something here soon. not sure what...I am going to Costco later to pick up a bottle of something good for Vegas on Monday, and some wine for until then :dizzy: Food is literally up in the air today but I will eat healthily!

Munchy
12-12-2013, 02:07 PM
I will have shrimp and butternut squash for lunch and not sure about dinner. Maybe eggs in purgatory http://www.nigella.com/recipes/view/eggs-in-purgatory
for dinner. Yum! And so simple.

Yum! I like to add veggies (onions, peppers, mushrooms, and spinach) into my eggs in purgatory or shakshuka just to add a little more nutrition. Delicious!

Inkrid
12-12-2013, 03:05 PM
Making green drinks with a vengeance ~ first was carrots with olive oil and cinnamon.

Then was visiting people for church campaign ~ was offered coffee many times ~ drank three cups before I knew it ~ minor fail.

Came home and had drink with spinach, celery, mint, parsley, cucumber, lemon and ginger. Tasted Awesome!!

I am GRATEFUL beyond the moon that DH fixed the remote with Comcast for the new TV and now can finally do the Comcast on Demand Fitness vids!!! Essential for when I don't want to go outside in this Ice/Cold/Snow!! Did Dancing with Krista and feel Amazing!!

Drank half my water for the day!

Yay, Health!! :)

alaskanlaughter
12-12-2013, 03:20 PM
weather reports say we got between 9-15 inches of snow yesterday depending on where you live....i'd say about 9 inches here plus rain on top of that....up to 10 more inches of snow expected today...keeps us busy! ...my coworker is snowed in and wont make it to work today

kelijpa
12-12-2013, 05:10 PM
Great reading about eggs in purgatory, sunny SoCal, snowy Alaska, yummy green drinks!

Oxalis, I have the same problem at my parents, they always have stuff I shouldn't eat like Klondike bars...

Novangel hope you're feeling better soon, take care.

novangel
12-12-2013, 05:12 PM
It is a glorious morning here in So Cal!!! :sunny: Sunny and 70 degrees today...gotta love it!

Yes please!! :yes:

saraphin
12-12-2013, 05:41 PM
hi everyone, friday morning here in oz down under,

great reading this morning, thank you everyone for posting. i look forward to reading your posts each morning. i bounce out of bed, grab a coffee and head straight for the mac.

it's right next to the kitchen, in the middle of all the action, so i don't miss a thing. :):):)

so exciting, willow and molly are crunching their morning bikkuks. (german shepherd, fox terrier), now molly is killing something (her elephant, i think). :carrot::carrot::carrot:

DH has gone out to dump or collect some rubbish. i don't actually remember what he said although i went "ok darling,. be safe!" :dizzy::dizzy::dizzy:

he has a chiropractor appt. in a minute anyway…he's getting 2 freebies because he took away some of HER rubbish, too. (most of it ends up here. only kidding, only SOME of it ends up here lol)

:):):) i officially HATE my scales horrible things , i seriously want to send THOSE to the dump, no kidding.

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar007/slider-clown/lb/220./127.6/187.8/.png

i did this in pounds so you poor things can understand it. we use kilo's but the horrible result is just as bad - BACK TO WHERE I WAS FOR THE LAST @ WEEKS GRRRRGRRRR :devil::devil::devil:

alaskanlaughter
12-12-2013, 06:40 PM
the obscene caller has not called me in almost two weeks now...HOWEVER today he has called the front office SIX times and is asking to talk to various teachers in the building...the police are on it...

GobabyGoGO
12-12-2013, 08:48 PM
I'm starting back after a period of slacking and regaining :( I'm not going to exercise much today since I've been under the weather but I'm doing pretty good with my calories and drinking only water
soy burger-90x2
cheese -100
ice cream -200
ahi tuna and hummus w/pita-770 =1250

Diana3271
12-12-2013, 11:25 PM

I just got home and it's late. I will only do a couple personals. I will catch up with everyone tomorrow. What do you think happens when you have a 14 day TTOM? It starts again in 1 - 1 1/2 weeks. :mad: If it's not angioedema or thyroid issues, it's my crazy TTOM. :mad: Let the drama begin!

Alaskanlaughter I hope the police find the person or at least gets more info to work with.

Health Nut Hi and welcome to the check-in. :welcome2:

Gobabygogo Hi and welcome to the check-in. :welcome2:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (385 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (600 calories)

Exercise:
TF Fire 30

alaskanlaughter
12-12-2013, 11:40 PM
roads are a nightmare today....freezing rain on top of inches of snow and frozen slush....we all made it home safe tonight but now DH took his 4wd truck to go meet BIL at the boat dock because BIL needs to dig out - literally - his car which has been parked there for a week and then drive it home....on bald summer tires....so DH will fish him out of the ditch if he slides off....*sigh*

HuggerBunny
12-13-2013, 04:02 AM
Today I baked peanut butter cookies 3 different ways. Had to sample them all so I'd know which kind to make tomorrow (need cookies for a work function). So this is what I had today:

Breakfast:
-a scrambled egg
-a turkey sausage patty
-a serving of grapes

snack:
-3 cookies

dinner:
-a few baby carrots and a tablespoon of caesar dressing
-pizza made with a low carb tortilla, tomato sauce, half a cup of grated mozzarella, and a few slices of pepperoni (I really wanted pizza and tried toasting the tortilla on both sides under the broiler, then topped with the sauce, cheese, and pepperoni, and broiled for another minute or so- turned out great!)

Not the best day calorie wise but okay. The rest of the cookies are all going to work with my husband. It didn't occur to me until later that I could have just taken a bite of each cookie, oops! In my defense, I did plan the sampling of cookies today into this week so I didn't just freak out and go nuts eating cookies.

Health Nut
12-13-2013, 04:34 AM
Thank you Diana for the welcome!

---
I woke today and the scale said 210, WOW! Haven't seen it this low in more than a year. I am happy. Not gonna change my tracker as it could be a fluke till I make sure. :D I was stuck at 212+ for MONTHS (lack of really trying on my part), but now I am back on track. 2 pounds in a week is something to be proud about.

I just had:
cup of tea with splenda
1 slice of whole wheat toast with low-fat cream cheese

I am going to make Asian-style grilled tilapia (using splenda instead of sugar ofc), and some cauliflower "rice" for lunch! Yum yum.
Here are the recipes if you are interested:
http://www.food.com/recipe/asian-style-grilled-tilapia-192282
http://www.familyfreshmeals.com/2013/03/cauliflower-fried-rice.html (without the eggs)

Diana3271
12-13-2013, 08:19 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! :wave: TGIF! :carrot:

Last night I added on: Lullaby with the Breath from Gael Chiarella's PM Yoga Meditations

Weigh In: 161.6 (I think TTOM is starting)

Have a great day and start to your weekend!

Inkrid
12-13-2013, 08:45 AM
Lost a pound (feel like I'm not *really* losing, because gained weight around Thanksgiving).

Am now heating my veggies before blending them up for Hot Broth/Soup to drink/spoon. DH made birthday leftovers. I ate the spinach and potato.

Intentions:

Will fast this AM and have three big jugs of soup/juice this PM.

Drink tons of water. Vitamin. Continue with Comcast Fitness on Demand Dance vids.

oxalis
12-13-2013, 10:30 AM
HAPPY FRIDAY!

Yesterday at my parents wasn't so bad. I remained conscientious of my eating behavior so I think that really helped. I ate like crap (junk food) but managed to keep my calories, somewhat, in check.

today's weight: 131.1 (-.2)
yesterday's exercise: 0
yesterday's calories: 1,690

novangel
12-13-2013, 05:23 PM
What do you think happens when you have a 14 day TTOM? It starts again in 1 - 1 1/2 weeks. :mad: If it's not angioedema or thyroid issues, it's my crazy TTOM. :mad: Let the drama begin!

**TMI Warning**

Same here. I'm on day 9 of TOM and will be due again by Jan 2nd. I might have to take a month of BC pills if I can't get this straightened out with ibuprofen regimen first. I know my Paraguard IUD isn't helping because it causes pre-TOM spotting that is getting worse. TOM used to be 7 days total including the spotting, now it's about 4 days spotting and then 5 days TOM. The last few months it's been coming earlier and earlier. It's as if my cycle purposely moved itself up 2 weeks. It used to always start around the 12-15th of the month and now it has moved itself to the first of the month. :shrug: I only work with men and a woman once a week that's in her late 60's so I can't blame them.

Still dealing with the flu too. :dizzy:

zihlman
12-13-2013, 06:18 PM
Good Afternoon!!!

Today did half an hour light jogging on treadmill for my workout for the day...

Also tried a new morning smoothie for the day with a half avocado, frozen banana, cup of spinach, and handfull of frozen brocolli

It was actually pretty good!

alaskanlaughter
12-13-2013, 06:44 PM
with all this stuff going on lately i feel like i'm starting to lose weight again...i havent been eating as much and i've been too busy also...i tend to skip breakfast in the morning despite being hungry because i'm too busy now and i tend to skip my after-gym protein bar because i bought a kind that i dont like (yuck) and just have my skinny mocha...and i dont eat with the kids at work because i'm too busy now where i used to snack on what we serve for afternoon snacks....and when i cook dinner at night i take a few bites from the pan and dont really eat any of it because we are feeding 2 more adults and 1 more child so there isn't always enough...i'm just not used to cooking in such larger quantities yet and always shortchange it still....and i'm busy clear up until bedtime at which point i am too tired to eat and just collapse into bed

im still counting calories and have been at about 1200 daily instead of the normal 1500ish....im still going to the gym for hard weight workouts....i'm not sure if this stress level is good or not because i find myself not having time to do what i like...for example i COULD have baked goodies for our work meeting this morning like i wanted to but didn't because i had no time and no money

just so SO much drama going on lately....even last night just as i was finally sitting down to read a book, even more drama started :( ughhh

Syckgirlsfv
12-13-2013, 07:04 PM
afternoon all of you! Been so busy with finals yesterday and now I'm making sure everything is in order before I leave work today because I will not be back until next Thursday~!:carrot:

yes, it's about that time...Monday morning I leave for VEGAS! :dizzy::dizzy::dizzy:

it's only 66 degrees today, but still sunny! Vegas is going to be sunny and in the 60s, as well, so we got lucky. It's been in the 50s there but will be like 63 on Monday :D

Novangel feel better!

Diana isn't an unusually long T.O.M a sign of something else? I thought I read that endometriosis causes that type of thing. I'm sure you've had it checked out though!

Saraphin doggie killing something (elephant)...cute! I love when my kitties play and get all crazy :p

yesterday I went to breakfast (lunch) with DH for a study break and had an omelet with bacon, tomato, avocado, and cheese. And home potatoes...but i ate half then, and the other half just before school. got home around 9:00 pm and had a low carb wrap with turkey bacon and spinach, and some organic tortilla chips. Did quite well.

Today:
B - trader joes hfc w/almond milk
S1 - 15 almonds
L - salad: romaine, turkey, bacon, energy mix, lite vinaigrette
S2 - fuji apple, mini charleston chew
D - most likely will be chicken cordon bleu and baked red potato...broccoli. Unless DH does his usual song and dance about how he needs to get out of the house and wants to go sit down and eat somewhere!

going to run the treadmill at the gym after work with DH.