40-Somethings - Christmas Eve Challenge

Pages : [1] 2

View Full Version : Christmas Eve Challenge

Sum38
11-27-2013, 09:38 AM
Congratulations on your decision to get serious about weight loss!!

State your goal and track it daily or weekly till Christmas Eve with a supportive and upbeat group.

Everyone welcome!!

Sum38
11-27-2013, 09:41 AM
My goal is to be lighter than I am today. This challenge is just about 5 weeks long, therefore I challenge myself to drop 5 pounds through diet and exercise.

I challenge myself to eat better; less sweets or added sugar. I know it is hard during this Holiday season, that is why it is called a challenge :D

SW 154
GW 149

living the lifestyle
11-27-2013, 10:07 AM
Count me in. My goal actually is to be in the 150's by the end of the year. It will be a very difficult goal to achieve with all the holidays, but I am going to give it my best shot. These next 3/4 weeks between Christmas and New Year are going to be the make it / break it point for me in achieving this goal.

newleaf123
11-27-2013, 11:18 AM
I'm in. I challenge myself to weigh less on Christmas Eve than I do on Thanksgiving Day. That will motivate me to get on the scale tomorrow; I'm dreading it!

Sum38
11-27-2013, 12:02 PM
I just made a pumpkin log for the Thanksgiving dinner; I had to try it out because it is gluten free and sometimes GF products come out as meh (this one included :()... so I sampled the edges. One slice has 32g of sugar :eek: so there went today's living "sugar free".

This season is going to be challenging.....next I am off to make some peppermint bark,ugh.

Sum38
11-27-2013, 12:05 PM
living the lifestyle I feel that if I manage to maintain or drop a few pounds during these next upcoming weeks, it is a win. I am trying to push for 5 pound loss, but it may be a tall order.

Heidi When I stepped on that scale today and it made really sad. I was way below 150 less than a month ago....I am hoping that checking here each day will keep me in check.

Cattails
11-27-2013, 01:27 PM
Hello!

My goal is to stay below 120 throughout the holidays. Last year I managed to find 5 lbs. at this time of the year and I don't want to see that again!

Strength in numbers, hm? :grouphug:

Zumbachica
11-27-2013, 07:25 PM
HI all...my goal is to finally get to an even 140 lbs. I plan on taking baby steps to clean up my eating. Hopefully my move will be over in a few weeks and I can start my new life and have a new body to go with the new life :)

I will log on here often, if not every day, and confess my poor choices to you all...I need to be held accountable.

Lets do this!

Sum38
11-27-2013, 07:27 PM
That is my plan as well; the good, the bad and the ugly :D

wantochange
11-27-2013, 09:58 PM
I'm in also. I started the SBD this week (not totally perfect but I'm trying). I hurt my ankle so no major exercising for me for a bit until I can walk without pain, but I'll push through.

Good luck to everyone!!! :cheer2:

158 today - 140 is my goal

Sum38
11-28-2013, 07:23 AM
Cattails You are where I want to be!! Under 120 sounds devine!!

wantochange I love SBD, I use their cookbook all the time and I naturally follow SBD on most days (when I am OP).

Sum38
11-28-2013, 07:33 AM
My day was pretty good, except for the pumpkin roll slice I consumed. I did a double work out day; walk and weight lifting. I lifted heavy and my muscles are sore today.

Weight fluctuated a bit, nothing drastic.

Meals
B ~ Green Tea
L ~ Pork tenderloin, small amount of mashed potatoes, carrots
D ~ Tilapia, rice, butternut squash, ceasar salad
S ~ Pumpkin log, apple, string cheese
Total calories 1600

Exercise
4.2 mile walk
Weight lifting 40 min (circuit)

Weight
154.6 up 0.6 :(

envelope
11-28-2013, 07:54 AM
I would like to be at least 5 lbs less than I weigh today on Christmas Eve.
SW: 197.8
GW: 192.8

Sum38
11-28-2013, 08:31 AM
:welcome3: envelope You and I have the same goal :)

Sum38
11-29-2013, 09:54 AM
I did not count calories yesterday. Scale is up a bit after a feast.

How did you do?

newleaf123
11-29-2013, 11:37 AM
I'm in. I challenge myself to weigh less on Christmas Eve than I do on Thanksgiving Day. That will motivate me to get on the scale tomorrow; I'm dreading it!

Okay, so I got on the scale yesterday morning as planned. A very unhappy 162. But, I decided not to let it get in the way of enjoying Thanksgiving, which we hold at our house, I put so much effort into, and is really a lovely affair.

Imagine my surprise when I literally forced myself onto the scale this AM, and it was 161. Phew! 10 pounds higher than where I want to be, but I will get back there. We have a big Chanukah celebration on Sunday, and then that's it for me until Christmas. So there are a few weeks in there where I can really focus my attention.

envelope
11-29-2013, 05:21 PM
Sum38 - I estimated calories for yesterday. Back to counting today.
Newleaf123 - Sounds like you have a great plan!

I am not up as much as I thought I would be, which is nice.
I put in triple time on the treadmill yesterday and double time today.
Heading out a little later to celebrate my Annv. at a new restaurant. I will be looking for healthy choices.

Chubby mum
11-29-2013, 08:14 PM
I'm in! I'd like to lose about 6 pounds to get me to 75kg which psychologically feels better than being in the high 70s. Maybe a bit unrealistic but I'll try. My running is going quite well-I can feel my fitness and muscle tone improving and with some meal planning effort my eating should stay ok.

I've lost two pounds this week but I know a pound a week is a bit more realistic.

It's raining now, the big girls are at swimming and the babies are asleep so I might channel my inner domestic goddess and use up the ripe bananas in some baking. Newleaf, you sound like a fantastic cook! I do it because I have to but I don't particularly like it.

Sum38
11-30-2013, 08:39 AM
You can do it Chubby mum, it is only 1 1/2 pounds per week.

envelope I hope you had a nice anniversary dinner. Happy anniversary! How long have you been married?

Heidi So sorry about your crummy weigh-in. We can do this! Both of us have gained weight quite fast, so hopefully it will come off equally fast. :hug:

Sum38
11-30-2013, 08:48 AM
I think I ate a little bit more than I intended to at last night's party. I made this really yummy buffalo chicken dip and I totally indulged on it. It was made with cream cheese, bleu cheese, bleu cheese dressing, pepper jack cheese :o Scale crept up another 0.6 pounds.

I made my menu for the week, and plugged everything into MFP and I am ready to face this upcoming week.

My goal is to be at 153.6 pounds (-2) by Friday. I am sure I have some bloat to drop.

Plan for today

Meals
B ~ Green Tea
L ~ Salad w/feta, avocado, tomato and onion. Italian dressing.
D ~ Salmon, rice and asparagus
S ~ TBD

Exercise
Rake leaves
Walk 4.2 miles
Weight lift 45 min

Weight
Up 0.6 lbs

envelope
11-30-2013, 01:59 PM
Sum38 - We ended up switching our dinner plans until tonight. We have been married 16 years. Your buffalo chicken dip sounds devine.

Sum38
12-01-2013, 08:43 AM
We went out for sushi last night; therefore no loss for me. Luckily the number on my scale stayed the same.

Today I am meeting MIL for shopping, but I think I will decline lunch afterwards, need to get OP (home cooked meals).

Yesterday's

Meals
B ~ Green Tea
L ~ Jambalaya, Buffalo chicken dip and celery
D ~ Sushi
S ~ Salty licorice
Total cals 1600

Exercise
None

Weight this a.m.

Cattails
12-01-2013, 05:50 PM
Welcome to December!

So far, so good: I'm holding my own (weight) despite two full Thanksgiving feasts (one was two weeks before the true day), my fridge packed full of leftovers the past two weeks, and my birthday. Win! This month, though...December is the real beast when it comes to cookie exchanges and treats. Everything in moderation - stay strong, ladies!

justsayno
12-01-2013, 09:29 PM
I'm in. I was on the Thanksgiving challenge right at the end, weight wise I did okay, I lost one pound over the Thanksgiving weekend. I failed miserably at coming to the forum & checking in or anything else.

Shay

shr1nk1ngme
12-01-2013, 09:41 PM
My goal is to stay on plan this month. I want to make progress (even if it's just a small amount) so I can go into the new year with a positive outlook.

Sum38
12-02-2013, 03:08 AM
I woke up at 2 am and can't get back to sleep :no: It will be a long day.

My day was "so-so", I ate healthy but too much. No weigh in this morning for me.

Today I vow to eat less and get with the program :D

Meals
B ~ Green Tea
L ~ Buffalo chicken dip, hamburger w/lettuce and tomato, no bun
D ~ Salmon, rice, asparagus and ceasar salad
S ~ apples w/pb

Exercise
4.5 mile walk
45 min weigh lifting (circuit)

Sum38
12-02-2013, 03:16 AM
:welcome3: shr1nk1ngme Staying OP sounds like a good plan.

Glad to have you here on this challenge too justsayno. Congrats on your pound loss! -- I am totally addicted to 3FC :D It keeps me accountable. So I hope to see you here more often!!

Happy birthday Cattails! Sounds like you have wonderful willpower! -- This year I am not participating any cookie exchanges. I love the parties, but hate the outcome :rofl:

love2b150
12-02-2013, 01:02 PM
Sum I love it when you post your meals. I really want to follow your meal plans and see how I fair. You are a lot lighter than me so I'm wondering if I could even handle just green tea for breakfast and not pig out for lunch? hummm :)

I'm in ... I weighed 183.2 this morning

I am still trying to get under 180.4 which has been my low for the year. I really want to see 177 but I don't think that is realistic by the new year or is it? What do you all think?

Sum38
12-02-2013, 03:47 PM
Rennie I hate breakfast. It is the most revolting thing :D That is why I don't usually eat it.

I eat lunch when I get hungry; sometimes as early as 10:30.

envelope
12-02-2013, 08:57 PM
Rennie - I would love to lose about the same amount and make it into the 180s before New Year. I am not sure it is realistic, but I am going to try and be proud of myself for whatever progress I make.
I am currently 196.8 and my official goal for this challenge is to be 192.8 by Christmas Eve

Zumbachica
12-02-2013, 09:15 PM
I haven't been on the scale for a week but will weigh in tomorrow....the more I ignore the scale the higher it is going to get....have to face the music. I have been eating horribly....I don't know what I want to do now to lose weight..i don't know which diet to follow.....which road to take to reach my goal....I feel lost.

newleaf123
12-02-2013, 09:17 PM
Ugh, didn't even bother with the scale today.

B: cappuccino & a persimmon (new fruit for me, yum!)

L: steel-cut oats with raspberries mixed in

D: Thanksgiving leftovers, 3 chocolates

S: turkey pate, cheese, crackers

love2b150
12-02-2013, 11:18 PM
Sum, some morning I feel that way about breakfast but I have to take metformin twice a day. So I try to take it first thing otherwise I forget and miss the dose. But maybe on those days that I don't feel like eating I'll wait till around 11 something because that's when the kids eat where I work, unless they continue to cut my hours then it won't matter. I can set my phone to remember.

envelope, I'm gonna try to lose as much as I can. My church does a fast at the beginning of the year for 30 days (not a total fast unless you want to) you just give up something that would typically be hard for you. This past January I gave up all sweets, bread, potatoes and rice. So I guess I gave up carbs/starches. It was hard in the beginning cooking for the family and not eating but it did get easier. I loss 2.4lbs. I need to go back and check to see what I did in June because I loss 4.4lbs. I started going to the gym in October so I loss 4.2lbs. I have tried to cut the carbs/starches myself (alone) but I am not loyal to myself so it doesn't work.

I'm gonna shoot for 6lbs and try to keep it off. My sons bday is 12/31 and my daughter is 1/7. I hope to be in the 170's be at least one of their birthdays. Our church fast will probably start on 12/29 so no cake for me starting that day for 30 days. That's a good thing.

envelope we can do it :)

Zumba my friend that's how I feel most days. Thanksgiving didn't go as well for me as I thought it would food wise but the scale isn't bad at all. However, I know had I not eaten all of the carbs I constantly ate over those 4 days, I believe the scale would be lower. We'll figure it out :hug:

Heidi new day tomorrow :hug:

soon2beskinnyCarma
12-02-2013, 11:45 PM
I would like to join in. I need to reel in the stress eating and move on.
Goal is to be 197 by Christmas Eve. That is almost 8 lbs less than the weigh in this morning. I need to get back to exercising.
Quick update on my MIL Hospice nurse thinks it will be a week and she will be gone. Her pain is under control for the most part. She is on a dilaudid drip. I am going to record all my food tomorrow and drink all my water and hopefully go for a walk.
Love to all and many thanks for the hugs and prayers.
Carma

Zumbachica
12-03-2013, 08:36 AM
Carma...I pray that your MIL passes quickly and without pain to be in peace and pain free place.

Sum38
12-03-2013, 08:49 AM
I actually ate breakfast, ladies :D -- I took DH to the airport and I had some time to kill before I could get into the Finnish Center, so I went to Bob Evans and had an omelet. I was so full all day that I did not eat another thing, except an evening snack.

My activity level was super low.

Meals
B ~ Bob Evan Border scrambler omelet, hashbrowns and decaf coffee w/cream
L ~ None
D ~ None
S ~ Apple w/pb

Exercise
None

Weight

Sum38
12-03-2013, 08:49 AM
Carma, Sending you strength during this difficult time! :hug:

Sum38
12-03-2013, 08:57 AM
Zumba Your feelings are shared by me as well! I wish I had never gotten big, why did I not catch myself when I started gaining....it would be so easy to worry about a few pounds, now I have 30 to drop. It feels like such a huge and depressing task. -- I have never tried WW or other diet plans, except Nutrisystem which was a huge failure for me. ( I did not know about my celiac and NS is mostly wheat... I was so sick on it). -- Anyways I don't know if it would be time to look into some sort of a plan. I simply can not do it just calorie counting. Or would I just waste more money and still over eat??

newleaf123
12-03-2013, 09:53 AM
Okay, ladies. We can do this!! Introspection is good. Tweaking is good. Even doing a soul-searching overhaul is good. I vow not to get depressed over where I'm at, and to continue to attack with vigor.

I think my "eating events" are over for a few weeks. Thanksgiving is behind us. Chanukah is largely behind us. I have thrown away most of the leftovers, other than some pumpkin pie for my boys, and a plate of dinner food I saved for DH. Everything else is gone or in the freezer; no more for me. Next "event" is dinner out on 12/21. So... I have 2 good weeks ahead of me and I plan to make them so.

I'm not feeling 100% right now, both my DS are a little under the weather. But I'm trying to rally my slight lack of appetite to work in my favor.

Today so far, just cappuccino. It's 9:52AM. Off to run errands.

love2b150
12-03-2013, 11:14 AM
Carma, sorry to hear about your MIL, I pray for strength and peace during this time. Blessings :hug:

WOW Sum I need your small stomach or your intuitive eating smarts :D

Heidi, Hope you and your sons are feeling better soon :hug: I won't let where I am get to me either. Gotta fight on as an old friend would say. :)

I was down .8 this morning so that's a plus. Hope to keep it going :)

Mrs Snark
12-03-2013, 12:45 PM
Oops, I posted in wrong place.

As you were.

newleaf123
12-03-2013, 01:20 PM
Carma, I'm so sorry about your MIL's suffering :hug:

B: cappuccino
S: persimmon, 10 raspberries
L: bowl of spicy fennel & bean stew; salad of arugula, kale, mushrooms, tomato, broccoli, blackberries, and oil & vinegar

newleaf123
12-03-2013, 03:26 PM
Okay, so now I'm up to:

L: bowl of spicy fennel & bean stew; salad of arugula, kale, mushrooms, tomato, broccoli, blackberries, and oil & vinegar
S: Chobani yogurt, 2 handfuls of peanut butter stuffed pretzels

soon2beskinnyCarma
12-03-2013, 08:49 PM
Exercise check. Water check. Calorie count check. Stick within my calories for the day. Well 3 out of 4 isn't bad.

Sorry your son's are sick Heidi. Thanks for the pep talk I needed that.
I am going to look for the December chat to fill in more of my day.

newleaf123
12-04-2013, 06:05 AM
Sw 162
Cw 159.5

So I ended up with an okay, not great, food day.

S: Chobani yogurt, 2 handfuls of peanut butter stuffed pretzels
D: same salad as lunch, but swap blackberries for blueberries and add havarti cheese. Also 2 handfuls of those pretzels again.
S: 2 squares of fudge

I didn't really want the fudge, but it's part of our Chanukah tradition and last night was our last night to all be together. I really don't want to give up the tradition... So now it is behind us until next year. Scale was down from yesterday so it's all good.

Also went for a few-mile walk.

Sum38
12-04-2013, 07:20 AM
My day as well, was an okay day, not great. Today I am planning on fasting dill dinner (24 h fast).

Meals
B ~ Green Tea
L ~ Hamburger, no bun w/ tomato, lettuce, bleu cheese
D ~ Chili w/cheese, some grilled chicken pieces, tomato salad
S ~ Buffalo chicken dip, cheese

Exercise
3.5 mile walk

Weight

newleaf123
12-04-2013, 08:09 AM
Wow, sum, on the fast; I hope it works for you. I love that we all have such different approaches... This is such an individualized process.

B: slice of raisin toast, persimmon, cappuccino

Sum38
12-04-2013, 08:14 AM
I am eating too much and fast usually cuts the bad cycle. -- I skip bfast anyways and today I am volunteering at the FCA, therefore I usually don't have time for lunch. I tossed some chicken, veggies and salsa in a crockpot and by the time I get home, I'll be ravished but dinner will be ready. I'll call the kids and get the water boiling for the rice and voila, dinner will be on the table within minutes.

I feel all bloated and yucky from my feast yesterday....

newleaf123
12-04-2013, 08:29 AM
Sum, sounds like a good plan! (although not one I could adhere to) I saw your post from the other day, where you said we had both put on weight so quickly. So true... I do hope it comes off easily, also. It's frightening to me, just how quickly the weight can pile back on. I experienced all those same feelings that I did when I was 205 pounds -- which primarily is all sorts of shades of sadness. So... good motivation to turn things around. Now I've played with putting weight back on and I DIDN'T LIKE IT. Need to hold onto this memory...

newleaf123
12-04-2013, 04:14 PM
So far...

L: salad of arugula, kale, tomato, mushroom, broccoli, oil & vinegar; squash - fava bean soup; handful of peanut butter filled pretzels
S: banana, 2 sugar free popsicles (15 cal each), handful of peanut butter filled pretzels

There was an article in yesterday's Wall Street Journal about intermittent fasting, the 5-2 diet, etc. I guess it's gone mainstream!

Mrs Snark
12-04-2013, 05:26 PM
It would probably help me to post my meals, I was doing that in the daily thread but I got a little obsessed with other people's food. But since we have fewer people on this thread, what the heck, I'll try! Ya'll have inspired me with your accountability!

B: Iced coffee, natural applesauce, oatmeal.
L: 2 Ezekiel toast with guac, red bell pepper and tomato on top; big ruby red grapefruit.
D: Frozen meal (kofta curry/jasmine rice/chana masala); taboule; frozen banana with natural PB.

Sum38
12-04-2013, 05:37 PM
24h fast completed. And it was not bad at all. I was so busy at the FCA that I did not have any time to think about food. I kept drinking my green tea all day long and that kept me full. I think I may turn this into a weekly thing; every Wednesday I shall fast. I have done a lot of reading about fasting and it supposingly is very good for one's digestive system and giving it a small break. -- Heidi, interesting about WSJ having an article about it. -- I naturally follow IF and I have apprx. 6h eating window.

newleaf123
12-04-2013, 08:31 PM
Ended the day with:

L: salad of arugula, kale, tomato, mushroom, broccoli, oil & vinegar; squash - fava bean soup; handful of peanut butter filled pretzels
S: banana, 2 sugar free popsicles (15 cal each), handful of peanut butter filled pretzels
D: another salad like the one at lunch, and a thin slice of 8-grain hearty bread (110 cal) with homemade spicy bean spread on it.

E: 30 min walk on treadmill. Nothing fancy, but I never got outside today like I wanted.

Zumbachica
12-04-2013, 09:21 PM
Hi everyone..i think want to do the intermittent fasting thing, although i really need to read up on it to do it correctly. the last time i tried it , i felt it was working....and i didn't feel hungry....

justsayno
12-04-2013, 10:46 PM
Looks like everyone kind of has a plan, I'm still working on that. I really have 2 goals for this month. 1) Ask for exercise equipment for Christmas. (My husband isn't thrilled with giving me that kind of present), but I think he is going for it because I told him I could give him a list of stuff I want from the Clinique counter, which colognes I am running low on & show him pictures of what & how I want my kitchen remodeled. 2) I want to lose 7 pounds by the end of the month, so I guess that would be 4 or 5 pounds by Christmas Eve.

Shay

idahogirl4
12-05-2013, 03:20 AM
My goal this month is to lose 5 pounds by Christmas. I am hoping for more like 7.5, but 5 seems reasonable. I am doing Ideal Protein, so I am hopeful it will work. The holidays present so many temptations for me. I am getting better at my impulsiveness in eating, which is a plus.

Mrs Snark
12-05-2013, 05:50 AM
Shay -- oooo yes, scare him with into giving exercise equipment with the threat of a kitchen remodel! This made me laugh because I gently used the same tactic at my other house to get all sorts of other projects done.

Sum - Glad your fast went well. I don't purposely do IF, though it sometimes happens naturally that I end up fasting from 6 pm to noon the next day, since I am not always hungry in the morning -- so a 12 hour window is relatively common for me. I've very occasionally done a 6pm to 6pm fast, when I knew I wanted to spend a day's worth of calories in one meal. It felt ok and I didn't go overboard eating that dinner or the next day. Not something I commonly do though, but maybe I should look into the research.

Idahogirl - Welcome! I'm not that familiar with IP -- is it a low-card type pogram?

Heidi - I'm not sure I've ever eaten a persimmon. How is that possible?

Zumbachica - If you decide to try IF again let us know how you feel!

Sum38
12-05-2013, 06:45 AM
Meals
B ~ Green tea
L ~ None
D ~ Chicken drumsticks, big salad w/bleu cheese, tomato, cucumber and onion.
S ~ Apple

Exercise
None; felt crummy

Weight

newleaf123
12-05-2013, 07:55 AM
:welcome:

Welcome to shay & IdahoGirl!! You must have jumped in while my attention was on Thanksgiving. The more the merrier!

MrsSnark I had never had a persimmon, either. They just looked so pretty at Costco, I figured that I would buy them and figure them out when I got home... Turns out, they are wonderful. Who knew??

Weight down again this AM. 158.8. It's nice to feel in control again...

Sum38
12-05-2013, 08:23 AM
Welcome shay & IdahoGirl!

Sum38
12-05-2013, 08:31 AM
So I maintained another week; I must do better. I must adhere to my meal plans!! I spent all this time logging my food into MFP in advance and I did not even follow it. -- I am making my meal plan for the upcoming weekend, and I will adhere to it. -- It does not help that I am feeling a bit crummy. My back hurts, and I feel lethargic. I have felt off for a few days. No signs of cold etc.

I am glad that my lunch date with a friend turned into a coffee date, no extra calories there!

newleaf123
12-05-2013, 08:55 AM
Sum, I've swung towards coffee dates, too. And then, since I've already had my wonderful cappuccino at home, I just get plain tea of some sort. I hear you on the frustration... sorry you're not feeling well. I haven't been top notch either this week. There seems to be a lot going around. DH's pilot had to get off the plane before take-off yesterday because he felt sick, and then they had to sit around for 60 minutes for a new pilot to arrive.

justsayno
12-05-2013, 11:37 AM
I plan out everything, kind of a pain to everyone around me, which makes me think there is something wrong with them.

Yesterday was a good day, so while having a good day & having a good food day also, I decided to plan what I am wearing for Christmas. Yes everyone quit laughing I am that bad.

We are having the family here at my house. Even if I am not happy with my weight I still want to always look nice & put together. I tried on the pants that I want to wear & they do fit, 5 pounds will make a big difference & picked out the shoes & a sweater that is just a little snug on my arms & shoulders. Hoping this really motivates me to stick within my points & drop the 5 pounds. I am waiting for another good day or days & I will plan out the outfits for the other events that I am going to this month. I am sure within the next few days I will have several outfits put together, hung up in the closet with all the ironing, accessories & everything ready to just grab it and get ready.

Anybody else got any other ideas to help everybody stick with it until Christmas Eve? I can also use more ideas otherwise my husband will start being afraid to enter the closet.

Mrs Snark
12-05-2013, 12:13 PM
justsayno -- oh honey, I'm not laughing. I not only plan my outfits out way ahead of time, I take pictures of myself in them to see how they will look in photos! Particularly for family get-togethers since that is when we take most of our group photos -- I want to make sure I'm not wearing something I thought was cute but that photographs horribly (because that has happened to me before -- I'm talking to YOU cute black shirt that became see-through during flash photography -- never again).

justsayno
12-05-2013, 12:37 PM
Great idea on taking pictures of them ahead of time. I won't have an issue with see thru on the Christmas outfit, but hey it is something else I can obsess over. Yes people do get camera happy on the holidays.

newleaf123
12-05-2013, 07:17 PM
B: cappuccino & persimmon (only 1 left!)

L: big salad of kale, tomato, mushroom, broccoli, and a heaping tbs of my white bean spread, with olive oil & balsamic

S: peanut butter banana protein shake

S: handful of nuts, sliced bell pepper

D: quinoa with roasted beets & chicken, mixed up with some olive oil & balsamic; puffed spelt (!!) with sour dried cherries and wasabi peas

Skipped the fudge that my boys enjoyed after the spelt.

newleaf123
12-06-2013, 06:51 AM
SW 161.x
CW 156.9

Yay!! I feel like I've come down off a precipice, and it feels good to get back to my old ways with food. I've got some beans simmering on the stove, gearing up to make my final pumpkin soup of the season, later today, or maybe tomorrow.

Sum38
12-06-2013, 07:13 AM
Congrats Heidi!! Your weight is coming down nicely.

I maintained this week, I wanted to drop 2 pounds but being sick and inactive; it just did not happen. There is always next week :)

Meals
B ~ Green Tea
L ~ Tomato/avocado salad, cheese
D ~ Big salad with chicken, bleu cheese and tomato with dressing.
S ~ Cheese

Exercise
None, sick

Weight
up 0.6 lbs

newleaf123
12-06-2013, 07:34 AM
sum, next week indeed. Slow and steady. I'm really trying not to make the highs really high emotionally since it always makes the lows really low. I'm trying to dampen the whole emotional piece. It seems like you've got that balance too. We will get there...

Sum38
12-06-2013, 07:48 AM
Today is Finnish Independence Day (96 years) and FCA is having a party. I plan on enjoying all yummy foods from home, in moderation, and not to fret my weight.

newleaf123
12-06-2013, 08:24 AM
Ooh, sounds nice, sum!! Enjoy!

newleaf123
12-06-2013, 11:00 AM
I hope you guys don't mind me posting my food throughout the day. I don't plan in advance, and I can't be bothered to write it down in 2 places... and I find that as the day goes on, I forget what I ate earlier!

B: cappuccino, sausage frittata

S: puffed spelt with dried cherries & wasabi peas

Sum38
12-06-2013, 12:44 PM
Post it away Heidi! I enjoy reading how one's day is going.

I am feeling totally yucky and have zero appetite. I am not forcing it...how often do I skip meals?? :D

newleaf123
12-06-2013, 01:28 PM
Okay, now I'm up to...

B: cappuccino, sausage frittata, persimmon

L: quinoa with 2 spoonfuls of white bean spread mixed in, with roasted beets on top; handful of dried cherries, bowl of raspberries

Mrs Snark
12-06-2013, 02:51 PM
For yesterday:

B: Iced coffee.
L: Giant black bean burrito in whole wheat tortilla with veggies and guac and sriracha.
D: Sunshine burger in cabbage leaf, lentil salad, ruby red grapefruit, 2 TBS nat pb licked off spoon for dessert.

envelope
12-06-2013, 04:52 PM
sum, next week indeed. Slow and steady. I'm really trying not to make the highs really high emotionally since it always makes the lows really low. I'm trying to dampen the whole emotional piece. It seems like you've got that balance too. We will get there...

I am trying to dampen the emotional piece too. This week I had a 2 pound loss show up in one day. Instead of enjoying the loss, I immediately thought oh great this means I'm going to end up having a stall for a while. Silly how our minds animation play with our brains.

Sum- I hope you feel better for your party

Mrs Snark
12-06-2013, 04:53 PM
For today...

B: Iced coffee, oatmeal with cinnamon, apple.

L: Giant black bean burrito in whole wheat tortilla with veggies and guac and sriracha.

D: Whole bag of sugar snap peas with evoo and garlic, whole wheat pitqa stuffed with hummus and veggies.

newleaf123
12-06-2013, 09:18 PM
Ended up eating way too much...

B: cappuccino, sausage frittata, persimmon

L: quinoa with 2 spoonfuls of white bean spread mixed in, with roasted beets on top; handful of dried cherries, bowl of raspberries

D: pumpkin and anasazi bean soup, stalk of celery, 5 crackers --> and this is where I should have stopped. Continued on with raspberries, dried cherries, caramel corn.

love2b150
12-07-2013, 09:15 AM
On Dec. 2nd ..

I'm in ... I weighed 183.2 this morning

I am still trying to get under 180.4 which has been my low for the year. I really want to see 177 but I don't think that is realistic by the new year or is it?

well I weighed in at 180.8 up only .4 from my ticker weight. I am so hoping to see 170 something in the morning … oh boy wouldn't that make my weekend :D

Happy Saturday to You ALL :hug:

Sum38
12-07-2013, 09:59 AM
My evening was wonderful. A really nice guest speaker.

I did not eat all day, because I had no appetite. Hunger strucked around 4 pm, but I had nothing to eat (available at the FCA) until 6:30 pm... I sort of over indulged on goodies, but it was worth it. :)

B ~ Green Tea
L ~ None
D ~ Beef stew, potatoes, baked salmon, rutabaga casserole, carrot casserole, smoked salmon, potato salad, salad and a gluten free pastry for dessert. :drool:

Exercise
3.5 mile walk

Weight

newleaf123
12-07-2013, 11:04 AM
sum that sounds like a wonderful feast! I. Sure it's wonderful to be amongst the food and tradition of your childhood...

love2befingers crossed for you!!

L: salad of lettuce, tomato, broccoli, red pepper, persimmon (bought more!),and roasted pumpkin seeds from last night's soup's pumpkin.

love2b150
12-07-2013, 12:36 PM
Sum yum on your dinner :drool:

Thanks Heidi :)

newleaf123
12-07-2013, 04:45 PM

L: salad of lettuce, tomato, broccoli, red pepper, persimmon (bought more!),and roasted pumpkin seeds from last night's soup's pumpkin.

S: banana slice atop of almond butter, drizzled with honey

S: bowl of homemade cream of mushroom soup

Mrs Snark
12-07-2013, 05:33 PM
love2b150 -- sending you good vibes you hit 170-something in the morning!!

For today...

B: Iced coffee, ezekiel toast with nat pb.

D: Bacardi and diet coke (x 2) whole bag of sugar snap peas with evoo and garlic, sunshine burger patty with tomato and onion on top.

love2b150
12-07-2013, 06:52 PM
Thanks Mrs. Snark do you count calories? If so do you know how many calories are in your black bean burrito? Sounds good :drool:

Went to the gym finally … really working hard on that 170 :crossed:

Mrs Snark
12-08-2013, 06:50 AM
Lovetobe150 -- no I don't count calories. But let's see, I use a whole can of beans in my burrito, so that has to be like 350ish calories right there. The current tortillas I'm eating are whole wheat and 100 cals (but I also often eat white tortillas that more like 180 or 200 cals). Guacamole -- maybe a couple hundred more? Then cabbage, mushrooms, zuchinni, onions, pepper, and tomatoes -- as much as I can fit in this sucker...

So maybe 700ish calories or more? It tends to be my biggest meal of the day.

I eat this thing like a giant soft taco, because I stuff it so full it can't be wrapped like a regular burrito.

love2b150
12-08-2013, 08:47 AM
Thanks Mrs. Snark, I think I have some tortilla that may be 80 or 90. They taste like chalk but that's ok :). I know I can't eat a can of beans and I'd probably have to add a little brown or wild rice just to see it :D the kid in me. I'm sure gonna try it. I know it's filling so it would be a great lunch and then I could have a supper light dinner :)

Well all of your wishes and good vibes paid off. 178.2 this morning. My first little whoosh this time around 2.6lbs down. I hope I can keep this going. Thanks Ladies :hug:

Mrs Snark
12-08-2013, 09:01 AM
:cheer2: Congratulations Rennie :cheer2:

Mrs Snark
12-08-2013, 09:07 AM
Well, I didn't end up having two drinks last night, I only had one. Such moderation, I'm so proud!

I watched a ton of football and it looks like my alma mater (Florida State) is going to the BCS National Championship game, so exciting!

Meal plan for today:

B: E toast with nat PB, iced coffee.
L: black bean burrito.
D: wilted spinach in evoo, and something unidentified as of yet, maybe a pita pizza.

Sum38
12-08-2013, 09:33 AM
Meals
B ~ Green Tea
L ~ Salad w/porkloin, bleu cheese, tomato, onion and dressing
D ~ Swedish meatballs, potatoes, broccoli
S ~ Apple w/PB

Exercise
4.5 mile walk

Weight

Sum38
12-08-2013, 10:13 AM
:woohoo: Rennie :woohoo:

:congrat:

Sum38
12-08-2013, 10:19 AM
I have stalled out. I need to take a look at my eating.... I will cut out the bleu cheese today (even if I only use 1/4 cup :() I know I had a big meal a few days ago, but for the most part I have been pretty good and scale is not budging and I feel "fat". I feel the extra weight on my belly.

This upcoming week I am committing to doing two step aerobic classes, to mix things up a bit. I think my walking is not cutting it anymore; my body is so used to it and thinks it is just an everyday occurence. My gym offeres all these classes and I think it is time for me to take advantage of them :)

So my plan for the week is to walk each day, 2 step aerobic classes and weight lifting 3 x. -- I get tired after writing my plan out :rofl:

newleaf123
12-08-2013, 10:32 AM

S: banana slice atop of almond butter, drizzled with honey

S: bowl of homemade cream of mushroom soup

D: homemade curried rice noodles with stir fried chicken, tofu, broccoli, green beans, tomatoes, and red peppers; small brownie

S: 2 gin & tonics

157.0 this AM

newleaf123
12-08-2013, 10:38 AM
Hooray, love2b I'm so happy for you!

Your plan sounds good, sum. Tiring,but good.

Good job on the moderation, MrsSnark!

I am so impressed by you guys, planning your meals out. I just can't do it. Last night at 5:30 I still didn't know what the dinner plan was going to be, and at 6:30 I whipped together a pretty good meal, I thought. Those rice noodles had been staring at me in an intimidating fashion for a long time... Glad I finally used them.

Have a great day, everyone!

love2b150
12-08-2013, 11:21 AM
Thanks Mrs Snark :) … :yay: on moderation :) and on your team going to the championship. :)

Thanks Sum :) that's what happened to me 3 years ago. I use to walk outdoors faithfully and when I got to 165 that was it. I hope that I do better this go around and that it is my last go around. Our bodies are so interesting. It's weird how the doctors tell you to walk 20-30 minutes after each meal and it does help in the beginning then you stall. Walk for an hour or more it helps then you stall. It's so discouraging at times … I hadn't walked since Monday, yesterday was the first time I had done any exercise and look at the results. I also had less carbs. But I'm sure adding those extra in you'll see movement the first day :) Keep up the great work Sum :hug:

Thanks Heidi :) I only plan my meals (when I do it :D) during the week and that is because of work. But my hours have been cut drastically so that has thrown me for a loop. I am really winging it and trying my best to do right. We went grocery shopping so that will help ;)

envelope
12-08-2013, 12:09 PM
Mrs. Snark - I eat something similar in a bowl, without the tortilla. Sometimes I add brwn rice, sometimes it's just black beans, pico, guac, roasted peppers, guac, and maybe some colby jack.

Rennie - so excited for you!

Sum - your meals look delicious too!

Newleaf- I usually am last minute with my meals too.

newleaf123
12-08-2013, 01:00 PM
Ok, my earlier post this AM was the culmination of yesterday's food. Here is the start of today.

L: salad of lettuce, tomato, broccoli, red pepper, roasted beets, blackberries, oil & vinegar; cup of pumpkin and Anasazi bean soup

love2b150
12-08-2013, 04:34 PM
Thanks envelope :hug:

You all have given me a great idea for an early dinner. I'm gonna use the low carb tortilla, add black beans, salsa, cheese with some beef stir fry I made for the family. I need to add it up on MFP. Sounds really good. :drool:

newleaf123
12-08-2013, 08:38 PM

L: salad of lettuce, tomato, broccoli, red pepper, roasted beets, blackberries, oil & vinegar; cup of pumpkin and Anasazi bean soup

S: persimmon, puffed spelt, wasabi peas, too many dried cherries

D: 2 poached eggs, home fries, 3 1/2 pieces of bacon, pineapple, banana

Sum38
12-09-2013, 07:05 AM
I had a craving for hotdogs...I know they are gross and totally bad for you, but I had to have one (two :o) yesterday :D

I can not go for my daily walk today, because I will arrive back home too late from the FCA, and it will be too dark outside to go for a walk. I think I will do an extra gym day, perhaps elliptical or treadmill to make up for the walk.

Meals
B ~ None
L ~ 2 hotdogs with condiments
D ~ Porkloin, potatoes, baby carrots and mango
S ~ Apple w/pb
Total cals 1350

Exercise
Weight Lifting 45 min (circuit)

Weight

newleaf123
12-09-2013, 08:17 AM
158.4 this AM, which is much better than last Monday, which was 162, so I'll take it.

B: steel-cut oats with mashed banana, cappuccino

love2b150
12-09-2013, 09:40 AM
Sum I had a craving for hotdogs yesterday after church. My son said but we don't have any buns so he didn't make them. That was my save on the dogs, because I was too lazy to get up and make them :D

Heidi, way to go Lady :high:

I'm up .4 this morning to 178.6, TOM has arrived and I have cramps. I am so ready for this time in my life to be over. I don't have cramps all of the time but when I do, oh my goodness it's rough. I was also just on 16 days ago. smh

NSV yesterday once again another pair of slacks too big. Today I have on a blouse that buttons all the way down the front with a little room to spare. I couldn't wear this blouse for a long time so I'm proud of me. I was gonna take my measurements this morning but I'll wait 5 days now then do it. Hopefully I'll go down another few pounds to 175 by Christmas :crossed:

Have a great day Ladies :hug:

newleaf123
12-09-2013, 10:05 AM
You are doing great, Rennie!! I'm so happy for you! Sorry to read of your cramps... :(

newleaf123
12-09-2013, 11:02 AM

S: roasted pumpkin seeds

Leeh
12-09-2013, 11:36 AM
I didn't set myself a Christmas eve goal but I would like to go to bed below 200. I went to bed at 200,8 and woke up at 198,2. I need to see little numbers but I want to be 100% in the 100's.

love2b150
12-09-2013, 11:42 AM
Leeh, claim it. :carrot: I wake up 3lbs less than what the scale says when I went to bed (unless I've had too much sodium or TOM shows up). I'd say it's time to claim ONEDERLAND :high: Good job :)

newleaf123
12-09-2013, 01:17 PM
Sounds like a great goal, leeh!

L: mushroom soup, tomatoes & celery dipped in spicy white bean dip, persimmon

newleaf123
12-09-2013, 04:07 PM

S: havarti cheese

Mrs Snark
12-09-2013, 04:12 PM
Today is shaping up thusly:

B:iced coffee, natural applesauce, ezekiel toast with natural pb.

L: mattar tofu forzen meal (with basmatic rice and lentil dal), whole wheat pita topped with roasted garlic hummus, onion, and red bell pepper.

D: big ole black bean burrito in whole wheat tortilla with guac, veggies, sriracha (from my dwindling supply).

Mrs Snark
12-09-2013, 04:12 PM
Leeh -- that's an excellent goal, and congrats on already breaking into ONEderland!

newleaf123
12-09-2013, 07:36 PM

S: havarti cheese

D: ground lamb patty, sautéed kale, homefries

Cattails
12-09-2013, 08:45 PM
I really need to be more sociable here. Gratz, Rennie, on the too-big pants, and sorry about the cramps, hope they pass soon. Leeh, yay on Onederland! Morning weighing is the only one that counts in my book. :) Good going, Heidi, nice to see the numbers moving in the right direction! And your kitty looks a lot like mine. Sum, your plan looks good - I'm all for mixing things up. I have several workouts that I mix-and-match according to what I feel like doing. (I think I have my body totally confused.) Mrs. Snark, that black bean burrito looks great! And those Pyrs...wow, absolutely gorgeous.

So far I'm doing okay. I was sad but not surprised to see my scale reading 120 a few days ago; every time I have a lot of soup, it shows. Washed it out by the next day, whew.

I like seeing what everybody is eating, although sometimes it makes me hungry! Guess I'll add my foods as well.

B: plain low-fat yogurt with chia seeds, wheat germ and dried cherries, coffee

S: 2 tablespoons of sunflower seeds/pumpkin seeds/almonds/cranberries/mini choc chips

L: salad with tequila lime chicken, grilled onions and peppers, kidney beans and salsa, more coffee

D: small caesar salad, french onion soup, braised spinach, roasted baby potatoes, slice of carrot raisin bread, another coffee

S: 3 choc filled pirouette wafers, 1 ounce of dark chocolate with almonds - one more coffee - does this seem like a lot of coffee?? LOL

love2b150
12-09-2013, 08:57 PM
Mrs Snark that burrito makes me hungry everytime I read it :drool:

Thanks Cattails I love your spirit :) I keep thinking I'm too old to still be having cramps ;)

OK I'll join you all with meal post …

B - 2 boiled eggs with margarine and green tea
L - 1.5 turnips and ham
S - pistachios, sunflower seed kernels, cashews
D - chicken thigh, 1.5 cups chicken broth (from the chicken my son cooked) green tea

only 4 bottles of water I need to get in 2 more before bed

envelope
12-09-2013, 09:23 PM
I went straight to my son's hockey game after work and was starving. I thought of you all when I stopped at Chipolte and had a burrito bowl. Black beans, grilled peppers and onions, double scoop of pico, cheese and guac. YUM!

newleaf123
12-09-2013, 09:48 PM
Rennie how are you prepAring your turnips? I have a few in my fridge, waiting to inspire me...

catTails, wow! Other than what we call the milkshake spots on our cat's nose, our 2 cats could be identical!

love2b150
12-09-2013, 10:07 PM
envelope oh my goodness :drool:, you're killing me :D

Heidi I am a plain person. I just boil them like potatoes and eat them. I want to try frying them like home fried potatoes. I read that they are really good with onion. My Mom adds bacon fat (grease), pepper and sugar to hers. When I saw her do that I just about gagged :barf: there are somethings that you should never see people prepare and that was one of them. :) The funny thing is I loved the taste but I can't put that stuff in mine.

love2b150
12-10-2013, 07:54 AM
I am still trying to get under 180.4 which has been my low for the year. I really want to see 177 but I don't think that is realistic by the new year or is it? What do you all think?

Ladies I did it … 177.6 this morning :carrot: now let's get to 175 before Christmas :D

Have a great day eveyone :hug:

Mrs Snark
12-10-2013, 09:13 AM
WHOO HOO Rennie! How exciting is that! With weeks to spare YOU DID IT!

Great job, very inspiring!

:bravo:

newleaf123
12-10-2013, 09:18 AM
Great job, Rennie!! You are doing so well; here's to a great rest of the month!!

newleaf123
12-10-2013, 10:32 AM
B: cappuccino, steel cut oats with unsweetened apple butter mixed in

S: roasted pumpkin seeds, smoothie made from 0% Greek yogurt! frozen banana, frozen persimmon

mezmerelda
12-10-2013, 10:48 AM
B: One of my favorites today, as I'm already sick of eggs. Silken tofu run through the blender w/a little stevia, vanilla, cinnamon and ginger. Then I heat it up slightly in the micro when I get to work so it's not cold. Yum.

S: String cheese and celery.

love2b150
12-10-2013, 11:06 AM
mezmerelda your breakfast reminds me of when I was on the Dukan diet. I use to bake eggs, with cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla, flaxseed and splenda, they weren't that bad. I think they were mini quiche. I may do that again :) Thanks for the reminder :)

Thanks Michelle and look at you :) I want to add a new avatar but I don't like the way I look right now. My hair is at an in between lengths stage and I just don't like it plus due to all of the sweating I'm wearing it natural. It's ok but not pretty :D

Thanks Heidi :) I'm trying :)

So far today

B ~ turnips and green tea
S ~ Colby Jack cheese stick

Sum38
12-10-2013, 11:28 AM
Yesterday ended up being my fast day (not by choice). I was at the FCA and simply, again, had no time to go out and get something to eat. -- I need to remember to pack my lunch on non fasting days.

I don't drink caffeinated drinks at all, and I accidentally drank some real coffee on an empty stomach. I was shaking so badly, I thought my legs would give in. Amazing how caffeine affects people.

Meals
B ~ Green Tea
L ~ None
D ~ Big Mac in a bowl
S ~ Cheese and apple

Exercise
None

Weight

mezmerelda
12-10-2013, 11:32 AM
I've made something similar w/the Flax, but I'm out. Love the texture it gives.

love2b150
12-10-2013, 11:33 AM
Sum caffeine does that to my Mom also. I love coffee but I can't drink it, decaf or regular on an empty stomach. It makes me so sick to my stomach it's crazy.

love2b150
12-10-2013, 11:36 AM
I've made something similar w/the Flax, but I'm out. Love the texture it gives.

I have the Bob's Red Mill which is quite gritty I guess you could say or crunchy but I found some milled golden flaxseed by WildRoots. It's really good and blends very well.

Cattails
12-10-2013, 07:54 PM
Good going, Rennie!! You're doing awesome!

I like flaxseed for the omega 3s, but I've been eating chia seeds instead for a while now. They don't have to be ground up and they have an amusing crunch. And for a while there, it seemed like every time I ate them, I lost a bit more weight! Probably just coincidence, but whatever. :)

Cattails
12-10-2013, 07:56 PM
B: oatmeal with banana, raisins and walnuts and coffee

L: chips and guacamole; lentil stew with salsa and sriracha - more coffee

D: hamburger patty with Jarlsberg cheese, grilled onions and mushrooms; green salad with kidney beans; handful of potato chips

S: 1 ounce dark chocolate and coffee

love2b150
12-10-2013, 10:30 PM
Thanks Cattails … did the chia seeds seem to help with weight loss? I think the guy at GNC was telling me something like that but I'm not sure. I was gonna buy the chews but they're a little pricey. I don't like sesame seeds so not sure how I will like the chia seeds on/in something. So the chews will have to do.

B ~ turnips and green tea
L ~ Chili, Colby Jack cheese stick
S ~ ham, pistachios
D ~ Cole slaw, green tea

carbs are 29g higher than yesterday so I don't know what the scale will say. Wishing us all :goodluck: on the scale in the morning :crossed:

love2b150
12-10-2013, 10:45 PM
ok I may be repeating myself but not sure ...

on 12/2 I weighed 183.2

I WAS trying to get under 180.4 which WAS my low for the year. I WANTED to see 177 but I DIDN'T think that WAS realistic by the new year but today I weighed in at 177.6 that's 5.6 down

So now I need to set a new goal for the challenge right? or should I just say that my goal was achieved? Input Ladies please, thank you …

Cattails
12-10-2013, 11:25 PM
Rennie, the chia seeds seemed to help with weight loss, but I don't know if they really do. They add texture and fiber which helps keep you feeling more full, so that's helpful in keeping calories down. And they are supposed to help hydrate your body too, another good thing in numerous ways. The shell on the seeds is very delicate and kind of pops in your mouth, and if you let them sit in any kind of moisture, each seed forms a gel-like coating, so one way to eat them is put a tablespoon in some juice for a sort of tapioca. Is it the texture of sesame seeds that you don't like, or the taste? Chia seeds don't have much of a taste. Try em and see!

As for your goal-setting, I'd say whatever suits you: maintain at 177 for the rest of the month or work towards your next goal. But stay with us here, okay? I'd miss your posts if you didn't!

Here's my :crossed: for tomorrow's weigh-in!

Leeh
12-11-2013, 08:30 AM
I put chia, hemp and flax in my smoothies. I find it to be my best bet at having breakfast. I have never been a big fan of breakfast food. Eggs are hit and miss with me and I am not a huge fan of breads or cereals. In the past I would just not eat breakfast and then over eat later on in the day. Now it is about keeping my eating on an even keel.

I find it so astonishing how at 45 I am yet again trying to learn behaviours that others take for granted. I am just glad I have managed to drill the importance of eating properly into my kids.

newleaf123
12-11-2013, 08:41 AM
Rennie I would stick with goal achieved!! And keep going!!

Sum sorry to read about your shakes! Green tea has caffeine, unless it specifically is decaffeinated... it is made from the same leaves as black tea, but they are just processed differently (less processing) (all just FYI, maybe you already know this, but since you said you don't drink any caffeinated beverages, I thought I would point that out)

MrsSnark love your new avatar!!

CatTails I get so confused when I see your avatar, it looks so much like my sweetie LOL cute!

:wave: to everyone

Terrible food day yesterday. Ugh. 158.4 this AM. Stress. Needed to chew. Knew better, but ignored the super-ego and went with the id. Moving on.

B: cappuccino, 1/2 of a pear

Leeh
12-11-2013, 08:58 AM
Rennie I would stick with goal achieved!! And keep going!!

Sum sorry to read about your shakes! Green tea has caffeine, unless it specifically is decaffeinated... it is made from the same leaves as black tea, but they are just processed differently (less processing) (all just FYI, maybe you already know this, but since you said you don't drink any caffeinated beverages, I thought I would point that out)

MrsSnark love your new avatar!!

CatTails I get so confused when I see your avatar, it looks so much like my sweetie LOL cute!

:wave: to everyone

Terrible food day yesterday. Ugh. 158.4 this AM. Stress. Needed to chew. Knew better, but ignored the super-ego and went with the id. Moving on.

Yep dust it off and move on :)

Is there a time of day that is worse for you than others? I really struggle with the mid afternoon.

Sum38
12-11-2013, 09:05 AM
Heidi I drink decaf green tea. Occasionally at sushi place I get a regular cup.

I did not log my food, I kinda grazed all day. I think I will start logging them, like you ladies do, throughout the day as I eat them, that was I will remember what I ate and perhaps it would keep me more accountable.

So...

Breakfast ~ Green Tea

Mrs Snark
12-11-2013, 10:10 AM
Sigh, yesterday was not great day for me, I ate bread, bread, and more bread as lunch/dinner -- what a terrible idea. And that's why I don't generally keep rye bread in the house.

Yesterday:

B: iced coffee, ezekiel toast with natural pb, natural applesauce

L/D: toasted rye bread with daiya cheese, onion, and vegenaise on top (broiled til it was all melty and irresistible)

Let's hope I manage better today.

Today:

B: Iced coffee, grapefruit

L: (planned) black bean burrito in all its glory

D: (planned) split pea soup and giant salad of goodies with light balsamic dressing

Mrs Snark
12-11-2013, 10:13 AM
I find it so astonishing how at 45 I am yet again trying to learn behaviours that others take for granted. I am just glad I have managed to drill the importance of eating properly into my kids.

Ditto for me, at 46. It does seem funny to not have this all sorted at this point in life. But at least we're working on it, I could still be living in denial!

Sum38
12-11-2013, 11:16 AM
B ~ Green Tea
L ~ Tomato/cucumber/feta salad with Italian dressing
S ~ Trail Mix

love2b150
12-11-2013, 11:30 AM
Aw Cattails thanks :hug: It's the texture of the sesame seeds that crunching throws me off, I don't eat strawberries for the same reason. Weird I know :dizzy:

Leeh eggs are a hit or miss with me also. I wonder why that is? **just figured out (because when I belch, I can taste them over and over :barf:) I love cereal but if any of you know me from pass years, I have a horrible issue with frosted flakes and corn pops. They set me off like you wouldn't believe and it is all down hill from there. LOL on learned behaviours … I think we all live and learn ;)

Thanks Heidi :) sorry about the stress, hoping for better :hug:

Sum, I'm following you faithfully the last few days on the green tea in the morning. So far so good :) I want a cup of coffee but sometimes it makes my stomach queasy :(

weight stayed the same this morning 177.6 … 175 is never gonna show up unless I hit the gym.

B ~ low sodium chicken broth and green tea
L ~ egg salad, water
S ~ pistachios

newleaf123
12-11-2013, 12:36 PM
I am sure you will manage better today, MrsSnark

S: persimmon
L: salad of arugula, tomato, red pepper, broccoli, scoop of black bean spread; bowl of pumpkin Anasazi bean stew

love2b150
12-11-2013, 12:54 PM
Michelle I'm sorry I updated from page 9 and didn't read this one. I'm sorry about the bread monster. But that's me also that's why I don't touch it at all because I have no discipline unless it that healthy bread :)

Mrs Snark
12-11-2013, 06:31 PM
Rennie -- thanks! I'm right there with you regarding the lack of bread discipline. If I had made that same item on top of ezekiel bread I would have eaten a reasonable amount instead of the bread fest I ended up with.

I'm not sure how many times I'm going to have to learn this lesson. Many, many times apparently.

newleaf123
12-11-2013, 07:11 PM
S: persimmon
L: salad of arugula, tomato, red pepper, broccoli, scoop of black bean spread; bowl of pumpkin Anasazi bean stew
S: roasted pumpkin seeds, raw nuts
D: salad of the usual stuff plus 1/4 apple and a bit of chicken; handful of nuts

love2b150
12-11-2013, 10:16 PM
Michelle I wonder if the discipline comes with the healthy stuff because it is a better filler or just isn't as good. I know it just isn't as good so that wasn't smart to say but why can I only eat a slice or two of that and be done? But I can make white toast and eat 6 slices or pb&j and eat 3 sandwiches (at least I use to be able to do that) I don't know if I could now or not without feeling sick. I guess I may have grown up a little, :lol:

B ~ low sodium chicken broth and green tea
L ~ egg salad, Jif natural peanut butter, water
S ~ pistachios, ham, Colby Jack stick
D ~ chocolate protein shake made with water, green tea

Cattails
12-12-2013, 02:11 AM
I remember years ago when my mom gave me a bread maker for Christmas - omg, did I make bread! It was best right out of the machine, and I ate and ate until I eventually noticed how much weight I'd put on and put the thing away. Bread is a real pothole for a lot of us!

Rennie, if you don't like the texture of sesame seeds (and strawberry seeds!), you probably won't like chia. No worries, we all have our particularities, thank goodness there are so many foods to choose from. ;)

Today wasn't the greatest eating day for me - DH brought in takeout food and then took me out to dinner later. Oh well, tomorrow's another day - oops, tomorrow is my eldest DS's birthday and there will be cake!

B: yogurt with chia, banana and dried cherries, coffee
L: chicken chow mein, kung pau veggies
S: banana, coffee
D: chips and salsa, 1/2 a tamale, one soft carnitas taco, a few bites of chicken enchilada, a little rice and refried beans
S: one ounce dark chocolate, coffee

envelope
12-12-2013, 05:14 AM
I have to get ready to go, but I am so excited I had to quickly post!
191.2 Even if I have a stall for a bit, I know I am going to make it to the 180s for Christmas Eve.

Leeh
12-12-2013, 05:49 AM
Yay for you, envelope!

I am up today. I didn't drink enough water yesterday and I got into the vanilla fudge I had made (this is me being stupid- don't make it if you can't leave it alone) the fudge then set off a decision to eat too many potatoes at supper. Now I am "renewed" this morning and vowing to be good. It will be a better day. I am a bit on a downer because I let something work related fester and I tend to self-destruct.
Deep breath and reboot.
Have a good day, everyone :)

newleaf123
12-12-2013, 06:51 AM
Morning, everyone! :coffee:

envelope, awesome job!! Your goal is within reach!

leeh new day today; glad to hear you are shaking it off and moving on...

catTails happy birthday to your son!

Here, I buckled down and stayed out of the kitchen yesterday. Weight dropped; 157.5 this AM. Happy for that! On a lark, I did a little surfing last night, which surprisingly brought my attn to something that brought on stress (happy stuff, but still stress), but my will to stay out of the kitchen remained. So that was good!

Leeh
12-12-2013, 07:15 AM
Morning, everyone! :coffee:

envelope, awesome job!! Your goal is within reach!

leeh new day today; glad to hear you are shaking it off and moving on...

catTails happy birthday to your son!

Here, I buckled down and stayed out of the kitchen yesterday. Weight dropped; 157.5 this AM. Happy for that! On a lark, I did a little surfing last night, which surprisingly brought my attn to something that brought on stress (happy stuff, but still stress), but my will to stay out of the kitchen remained. So that was good!

I admit my US geography isn't great but surfing and Pittsburgh don't compute. :p It is freezing here- like brutal deep freeze people die kind of freezing.

newleaf123
12-12-2013, 07:31 AM
leeh ahhh, good old WEB surfing... Are you in the 'burgh too? Awfully bitter this AM. Felt bad sending my son to the bus at 6:35... The next one is getting driven at 7:45, since he needs to bring his cello to school.

:yikes:

Leeh
12-12-2013, 07:48 AM
Nope I am about 8 hours north east of you in Canada. I just sent my 16 year old daughter off to school bundled up like Nanook of the North mumbling to herself about why can't we live in Hawaii.

newleaf123
12-12-2013, 07:49 AM
It's a good question. Why can't we???

Leeh
12-12-2013, 08:15 AM
It's a good question. Why can't we???

On days like this I do start job searching for warmer climates. I guess the ages of my children now means that if I move I will be splitting up the family. The boys will continue their studies here and I could move my daughter with us since she is still in high school. I really should have looked at this more seriously about 10 years ago.

love2b150
12-12-2013, 08:23 AM
Thanks Cattails for the heads up on the chia seeds. I will definitely get the chews :) Your meals don't sound bad but I know with take out the sodium is a killer :(.

:woohoo: envelope you go girl :high: I'm happy for you :hug:

Leeh, :hug: hoping for a much better day today :hug:

Heidi, good job on staying out of the kitchen :high:

weigh in .2 down to 177.4. I so want to get down to and under 175 before Christmas. I just want to be well into the 170's so if I mess up I have a little play room.

Leeh
12-12-2013, 08:25 AM
the 170s sound so daunting to me at the moment. You know only 2 years ago I was there. Now I need to start all over.

Today's breakfast

45mls of hot cereal (oat bran) 5 almonds, 15 mls blueberries, black hot tea

newleaf123
12-12-2013, 08:34 AM
Moving to a warmer climate is out for us right now, too. So, for the time being I have to just visit my parents, who relocated to FL a few years ago...

love2b150
12-12-2013, 08:35 AM
Leeh 3 years ago I was 15lbs from my user name goal (love to be 150) I hit 165 and got totally big headed, liked the way I looked and bam here I am again. But I won't let that happen this go around. I am determined to kick diabetes. I want this weight off. No more meds. I pray that I keep this mindset ;)

newleaf123
12-12-2013, 08:35 AM
Rennie, you are rocking! You are so in the groove right now! I'm sure you will get down to / below 175 in 2 weeks, at the rate you are going! It's great when everything comes together like that...

Revisit on my goal: It was simply to weigh less on Christmas Eve morning than I did on Thanksgiving morning. I've got this one in the bag... I don't remember the exact number off the top of my head, and can't go back and look it up now, but I think it was 162. This AM I was 157, and I really see very little (one dinner out) to derail me between now and then.

ETA: Okay, yeah -- the start was 162. I've got this. :carrot:

Leeh
12-12-2013, 08:57 AM
Leeh 3 years ago I was 15lbs from my user name goal (love to be 150) I hit 165 and got totally big headed, liked the way I looked and bam here I am again. But I won't let that happen this go around. I am determined to kick diabetes. I want this weight off. No more meds. I pray that I keep this mindset ;)

I guess it shows that there is more going on in our heads than just the eating control. I was really doing fine and then I slipped, saw no change, slipped some more and then before I knew it I was right back where I started.

Rennie, you are rocking! You are so in the groove right now! I'm sure you will get down to / below 175 in 2 weeks, at the rate you are going! It's great when everything comes together like that...

Revisit on my goal: It was simply to weigh less on Christmas Eve morning than I did on Thanksgiving morning. I've got this one in the bag... I don't remember the exact number off the top of my head, and can't go back and look it up now, but I think it was 162. This AM I was 157, and I really see very little (one dinner out) to derail me between now and then.

ETA: Okay, yeah -- the start was 162. I've got this. :carrot:

You do!

I don't have a ticker yet but do you feel the visual accountability keeps you honest?

love2b150
12-12-2013, 09:13 AM
Thanks Heidi :)

here are my stats

11/26 ~ 184.2
11/28 ~ 183.6 <--- Thanksgiving

so in looking at this I would love to be less than 175 by Christmas Day :crossed:

Leeh, I don't think the ticker does anything for me unless I lower it because as long as it sits in the same spot it irritates me. So I'd say it's a win lose thing :D

I post my weight regardless of what it is, so no the ticker doesn't keep me honest. The friends that I have made in the last 3 years are so supportive. I believe you ALL are the ones that keep me true to ME. :hug:

newleaf123
12-12-2013, 10:06 AM
I think that the ticker is fun, and I do like having something to move down as I track my downward progress. But I don't think it helps keep me honest, per se. What helps keep me honest is knowing that I'm doing this for myself, and that the only person I'm cheating by not being honest is *me*.

The tickers that I like most are the GOAL MET ones; those keep me motivated. I've met my goals and don't want to retract.

love2b150
12-12-2013, 10:40 AM
What helps keep me honest is knowing that I'm doing this for myself, and that the only person I'm cheating by not being honest is *me*.

I agree :D

Sum38
12-12-2013, 10:45 AM
Rennie that is AWESOME about hitting your goal early...now see how low can you go and you have some extra wiggle room for Christmas!

newleaf123
12-12-2013, 11:00 AM

Rennie, I went back and looked -- this is what you originally wrote. You have accomplished so much!!

And looking back made me want to send a shout out to:
livingTheLifestyle, wantToChange, chubbyMummy, justSayNo, shrinkingMe, soon2beSkinnyCarma, and idahoGirl4

If you're out there, I'd love to hear how you are doing against your challenge. It's a busy time of year, but I find that I'm much more successful when I'm logging in and participating. Everyone's different, though, so I just wanted to reach out and say hi, and offer some encouragement to your goals.

love2b150
12-12-2013, 01:07 PM
thanks Heidi :hug:

newleaf123
12-12-2013, 01:49 PM
B: cappuccino, steel cut oats with mashed banana
S: handful of nuts, persimmon (last one!)
L: bowl of pumpkin anasazi bean stew, handful of nuts

mezmerelda
12-12-2013, 04:10 PM
B: still on tofu blended w/spices and stevia but tomorrow needs a change
S: low fat string cheese and celery
L: salad w/lean meat, light cheese, egg and no dressing (good thing I don't like dressing)
S: sugar free jello - I needed something sweet today to avoid the holiday mess

Mrs Snark
12-12-2013, 05:18 PM
B: Iced coffee, ezekiel toast with nat pb

L: Greek pita pizzas (pita loaf split in half and toasted and topped with smashed chickpeas and lots of veggies) and tomato soup

D: (planned) Bacardi and diet coke (1 or maybe 2), sugar snap peas in evoo, sunshine patty in cabbage

Cattails
12-12-2013, 05:18 PM
Way to go, Rennie! You are so going to get 175 or under for Christmas! I hear you on the 'big head;' 12 years ago I got down to 131 and just ate up the attention I got, and then I don't know what happened...it was like I lost the weight for everybody else and not for me? Without the constant attention, my weight lost its importance, I guess. This time it's all for me, I don't care what anybody else says or thinks. :D

In regards to tickers, I love them! I love watching my maintenance one - I want to see it go to a year and then two and so on!

I'm in the middle of making a birthday cake but keeping with my usual foods and ignoring the leftover enchilada in the fridge. The only indulgence today (besides my usual dark chocolate) will be a small piece of the cake - yep, I can do it.

B: yogurt with chia and dried cherries
L: salad with kidney beans, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds and feta

envelope
12-12-2013, 08:25 PM
A few years ago I made it down to the 160's. Then I let life get in the way, had some medical issues, and the next thing I new I was in the 200's.

Well, that's all over and I am heading back down!!!

191.2 :D

newleaf123
12-12-2013, 09:20 PM
S: handful of nuts, persimmon (last one!)
L: bowl of pumpkin anasazi bean stew, handful of nuts
S: roasted pumpkin seeds, banana, crackers with spicy black bean dip
D: tiny amount of mac & cheese, salad, dried apricots

justsayno
12-12-2013, 09:26 PM
So much going on & people in and out of my house for Christmas, planning, parties & just hanging out. I haven't been real consistent on weighing every week on the same day of each week. I am down another pound so that is 2 towards my goal of 5 lbs. by Christmas & 7 lbs. by New Years. Slowly trying to get there.

Sunday I am cutting out the rest of the dairy in my diet & will then be strictly vegetarian, hoping that I can drop some more weight once that happens (have been vegetarian for a while but allowed dairy). Dairy seems to be causing a lot of bloating lately, so far I have cut out most dairy & kind of looking forward to Sunday.

Do you guys think it helps to post your menus or what you have eaten for the day? Just curious, thinking that it might help me.

Chubby mum
12-12-2013, 10:13 PM
I keep meaning to reply properly with personals but am beginning to appreciate that with 4 kids including a toddler and a baby it'll never happen!

So much for my 6 pound loss - so far I've lost nothing! I really thought there'd be a 2 pound loss this week because I've eaten and run well and my post preggy fat clothes are looser but I'm exactly the same as two weeks ago. I did check my weight loss record from after my third baby and noticed a pattern of pretty much no loss for three weeks then a loss of about a kilo so I'm not too discouraged.
If there's no shift next week I'll try something new. I'm definitely eating more than most of you but with the breastfeeding I'm hungry.

DH is bringing pizza home tonight which is our about once a month takeaway treat - he's been working late this week and I am sooo over cooking with the baby in the sling and the toddler crawling into the pots and pans cupboard. I only cook because I have to at the best of times. I'll probably have some but make sure I run up a nice big hill tomorrow morning.

Hope everyone is well, it's getting a bit stormy here. I love summer storms.

love2b150
12-12-2013, 10:28 PM
Thanks Sum, I so want to know how LOW I can go????? You know I was thinking Christmas was gonna be a breeze but my cousin is having our annual Christmas swap at her house again and last year there was so much food and she makes the best desserts. SOOOO SUM I do need wiggle room. ;) I'll have to take my laptop so that if I decide to do something stupid I can get on here. I hate posting from my tablet, it doesn't give me the subscribed threads tab :shrug: Thanks for the reminder/heads up Sum :hug:

Thanks Cattails … yeah it's a VICTORY and A PLEASURE to watch the maintainance one I'm sure. One day I'll get there :) I'm happy for you :)

envelope you, Sum and I were on a thread together years ago. Your user name is easy to remember and Sum I remember because of the two "ii"'s in your name :D. I remember our victories :carrot: we will celebrate again and go beyond before :) Heidi I think I remember your user name from a thread in 2010 also. I lived on 3FC then. I was a SAHM so I totally lived on here ;)

justsayno, good job on your weigh loss so far :high: I think it helps to post MY meals because if I'm eating too little/much or if one of my friends here can help me better my daily intake, I'm all for their advice. It just helps me to hear what they think without being put down :)

B ~ chili, fiesta cheese, green tea
L ~ Colby Jack cheese stick, ham, Gala apple, peanut butter
S ~ peanut block
D ~ Cole slaw, green tea

I got all of my water in today :yay: and I went to the gym finally. I did my 4 miles and burned 591 calories. Ladies I actually tried to run again but I couldn't hold out for long but I can say I tried. The guy that cleans the machines said I need to get up to 7 miles in an hour. I thought is he crazy :D I still pushing for 5 miles then 6 :)

love2b150
12-12-2013, 10:36 PM
Chubby mum, boy do I remember those days. Two of our five are 14 months apart. Post when you can of course. Hope the scale moves for you soon. And boy wouldn't I love to have a summer storm right now. I almost miss my daughter bus this morning scraping ice off the window :)

Cattails
12-13-2013, 03:06 AM
I feel like such a wimp compared to you 'northerners': I cry when it gets to the 30's here! LOL A summer storm does sound nice about now.

Heidi, I'll have to look for another picture for my avatar just for you! :D Funny that we both put our tuxedo kitties on about the same time. Your menu with the pumpkin anasazi bean stew keeps catching my eye, think I'll make some for my MIL. She likes anasazi beans more than I do. It'd be good with sweet potato in place of pumpkin, don't you think? I don't feel like cooking a pumpkin. :p

Great job, justsayno, and here's hoping your dietary changes make you feel better. I find posting my foods here definitely makes a difference; today I was tempted by a couple of things but I thought "nope, I already said I wasn't going to have anything out of the ordinary other than birthday cake", so I didn't.

Rennie, you are doing fantastic. Do as much as you can and maybe a bit more than you think you can; nobody else knows what your limits are like you do. Every little bit counts!

My food day went pretty well; don't think I went overboard really. And now I have a big old pot of minestrone in my fridge - yay! Good stuff.

B: yogurt with chia and dried cherries, coffee
L: salad with kidney beans, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, and feta
S: nibbles of veggies while preparing minestrone, 4 pirouette wafer cookies, coffee
D: steak, half a twice-baked potato, two steak fries, two bowls (!) of minestrone, slice of birthday cake, coffee

Skipping the dark choc tonight, too full from the above. :T

newleaf123
12-13-2013, 07:04 AM
So glad you checked in chubbyMummy and justSayNo. Yes, putting my food up here helps hold me accountable. I don't post it when I go off track; posting helps me stay on track. I also forget what I eat, and seeing it in writing helps me maintain that mental balance of whether I'm eating too much. Plus, I like getting ideas from other peoples menus, and hope that I can give other people ideas, too.

catTails I have a photo I mind from when my cat was thin; I'll try to look for it and post it. Very svelte when we first rescued him. Now we've fattened him up :(

Rennie, we may have crossed paths in 2010. I had surgery, I remember, in April that year, and started to go quiet after our trip to Alaska in July. Right around when the weight started creeping on. Hmmmm, correlation?

Doing well here. Having some happy stress, but stress none the less, and I've been managing it without food the last couple of days. Little victories, right? Have a holiday party to go to tonight that came out of nowhere. It doubles as a part time job interview (!!) and I'm so glad to have slimmed down. Shopping for it yesterday was a comparative breeze. Still not quite sure what I will wear, but I'm working on it.

Sum38
12-13-2013, 07:44 AM
justsayno Writing down my meals keeps me accountable, I did not log my food yesterday; and I ate way too much :( So back to logging today. Plus I love seeing what others are eating. For instance, Heidi has been eating persimmons, and I decided to pick a few of them up and try some. Peer pressure :)

Post a picture what you are thinking about wearing Heidi. Congrats on your job interview!!! -- BTW, I love your avi!!

Cattails We are having a heatwave, 22F this am :D -- We will actually get to go and take our walk today, yay!

Rennie You are on a roll girlfriend! So proud of you!

CM Summer storm sounds wonderful, we are getting a winter storm :D -- Don't worry about personals, just keep posting! -- My two kids are a year and a half apart; I remember those days. And now I have all the time in the world. To be honest; I was far more productive back then. Perhaps because I had so little time, now it is easier to push things "later"....lol

envelope Less than 5 years ago I was 120 pounds. Then I got "sick" and I say "sick" because I was misdiagnosed for years -- doctors said I had lupus, and fed me mega dozes of prednisone, when in reality I simply had Celiac and grain free diet was all it took to cure me. Anohow, I gained 40 pounds...so I am with you...we can do this, one pound at a time.

mezmerelda Your day looked very nice!

Michelle I gave up drinking during this weightloss journey. But I don't think it is making any difference what comes to dropping pounds. -- I feel better though. -- The only thing it is helping me with is; I got the munchies when I had a little alcohol. Do you get them? -- Anycase your meal made me crave for a glass of wine :) :) No, I did not have any.

Sorry if I missed anyone else :wave: to you!!!

newleaf123
12-13-2013, 07:55 AM
For sum
This lace shirt with wide black trousers
http://richmedia.channeladvisor.com/ImageDelivery/imageService?profileId=52000653&itemID=319902&swatchID=5476&recipeName=pdlg485x503
with this floral belt
http://s7ondemand7.scene7.com/is/image/NewYorkCompany/09485571_006?$cat$

black pumps, black tights, and assorted simple diamond and pearl jewelry.

I looked online and found photos from last year's holiday party. It's a non-profit organization with senior executives of major corporations on the board, and people seemed to just come in their office attire, since it's a cocktail party after work. I figured that this would be put together but not fancy. Don't want to over-do it.

newleaf123
12-13-2013, 08:00 AM
And catTails, I'm sure the soup would be good with sweet potatoes! Cooking the pumpkin was not too difficult; just cut it up, pulled the seeds out, peeled it, and cut into 1" chunks, then into the pot it went. Well, I guess that's a lot of steps, especially since then it led to roasting the seeds.

Did I mention our dishwasher is broken? Of course, I found this out after it was full and I already had a ton of dishes in the sink waiting to go in for the next load... ugh.

Sum38
12-13-2013, 08:18 AM
I did not have the best of days yesterday. First day of TOM and I wanted (and did) eat anything and everything at sight. I even ate chocolate :o I did not log any of it....darn TOM!

I did not bother stepping on the scale this morning, either. I am sure it would be around 156 lbs and I was not mentally ready to see that number.

Plan for today:

B ~ Green Tea
L ~ Salad w/ tomato, cucumber, onion, feta, avocado and chicken. Dressing.
D ~ Filet Mignon, potato, asparagus
S ~ TBD

Sum38
12-13-2013, 08:24 AM
Heidi That outfit sounds pretty and appropriate!

justsayno
12-13-2013, 10:43 AM
I probably shouldn't have stepped on the scale this morning but I did. I don't want to get in the habit of thinking I have to weigh everyday or every couple of days. I am down another pound today though, so 2 more before Christmas.

Chubby mum - I wish it was Summer here. Sunny warm Florida is not always sunny and warm. I love Summer storms too.

Rennie - I like your idea of posting if you do or want to do something stupid over the holidays. I may have to do that too. We are having Christmas at my house again this year so I will have some control over the food but I really love the desserts & my daughter is tiny & I know she will bring lots of my favorites.

Cattails - I am a wimp too, if it gets below 70 degrees I am just miserable. Oh & if it rains & is cold at the same time I just want to hibernate.

Heidi - That lace shirt is pretty, I think the whole outfit sound good.

Sum - Sorry you were having an eat anything and everything in sight day. I hate those! I try not to keep any junk food or chocolate in the house, it is hard though with kids coming by all the time.

Thank you all for your responses about posting your foods. I want to survive this weekend's party & plan out my foods for next week & see if I can do a little better if I am organized a bit more.

Shay

love2b150
12-13-2013, 11:22 AM
Thanks Cattails, I am sure gonna keep trying and though I feel good while I'm doing it (for the most part) when that hours is up I just want to drop to the floor :lol: I am exhausted. I found that if I put a towel over the timer I do better also. I move it to check my heart rate. I'd love some potatoes but I think they may be a trigger food for me, like crackers and cereal so I will probably stay clear. :) I have two bdays coming up one on 12/31 (son) and then seven days later 1/7 (daughter). I may be able to pass on the cake for my daughter she only likes the icing my son likes chocolate bday cake with white icing and the icing is my trigger. So may be cup cakes for him. I won't take the icing off of a cupcake but I will eat the edges from a sheet cake :D

Heidi sorry about the stress :hug: and have fun at the party and good luck on the interview :) Heidi I like the outfit/idea. I can't wait to wear something like that when I get slim. :)

Thanks Sum :hug:

way to go Shay :high: nice weigh in so it was worth it :) My oldest daughter probably weighs 120 if that and my Mom weighs less than her. My daughters is my biggest cheerleaders. The oldest is proud of me when I hit a new low, She makes me feel like the daughter when I tell her about it (that 's good, keep going, you can do it) :D and my youngest, when I get on myself about being fat she says, "but you're getting skinny". I think to myself yeah right, maybe in a few years :D but I love their encouragement.

ok another new low just barely though 176.8, down .6 from yesterday. I have 1.8 to go to see 175.

I took my measurements awhile back not sure when exactly but I think it was in July since that is the sheet in my bathroom that it is recorded on with June. My measurements are down a bit from that time …

41.5 - 37.0 ~~~~~~ 2 inches above belly button -4.5
48.0 - 45.5 ~~~~~~ hips -2.5
37.0 - 34.0 ~~~~~~ under breast -3.0

newleaf123
12-13-2013, 11:55 AM
L: bowl of pumpkin anasazi bean stew (only 1 bowl left, finally!), grape tomatoes, crackers with spicy black bean dip

Chubby mum
12-13-2013, 05:56 PM
Hello TOM! Seems unfair as fully demand breastfeeding and he's not three months yet but I'm sort of relieved. Yesterday I was irritable and snippy with the girls and thought I felt premenstrual but figured it was unlikely. I'm pleased it was just hormonal and not "me".

Any chance that accounted for my weight not moving or am I grasping at straws?

Sum38
12-13-2013, 08:26 PM
B ~ Green Tea
L ~ Filet mignon salad w/ tomatoes and feta cheese.
D ~ Just a little bit of salmon and rice
S ~ Crackers w/ cream cheese and smoked salmon

Exercise
3.5 mile walk
60 minute step aerobic class...boy I am going to be sore :exercise:

love2b150
12-13-2013, 08:38 PM
Chubby TOM has got us all, mine is just about gone YAY :)

Sum your meals look so good, I use to buy the salmon cream cheese spread but found myself just eating it so I stopped. I need to go back and check the calorie and carb count on it maybe it can be a treat if I discipline myself :D

4 miles on the treadmill for me this evening. I hope it helps to see my 175 in the morning :)

newleaf123
12-13-2013, 10:20 PM
L: bowl of pumpkin anasazi bean stew (only 1 bowl left, finally!), grape tomatoes, crackers with spicy black bean dip
S: gingerbread cookie whichever as tasteless. What a waste of 210 calories!
D: final bowl of pumpkin Anasazi bean stew, roasted turnips on a bed of arugula

Sum38
12-14-2013, 08:37 AM
Survived my step aerobic class, barely. I was really tired after the class. -- It was a lot easier to hop around when I was 30 pounds lighter. I felt like an elephant :(

Plan for today

B ~ GF English Muffin, two over easy eggs, 2 oz salmon, green tea
L ~ Salad w/ grilled chicken, feta, tomato, avocado and dressing
D ~ Filet mignon, potato, asparagus
S ~ TBD

Weight this am

Yesterday's exercise
3.5 mile walk (58 min)
step aerobics (60 min)

Sum38
12-14-2013, 08:52 AM
Rennie, I love smoked salmon I usually buy it from Sam's during my shopping trip there and it won't last very long :) I have never had salmon cream cheese spread, I would probably gobble it all up in one sitting :no: -- I actually love all fish, I could eat fish every day, multiple times per day.

newleaf123
12-14-2013, 09:15 AM
I had that once in a blue moon alignment last night, where I weighed less at bedtime than I did that AM. So... I was looking forward to getting on the scale this AM.

SW: 162
CW: 154.5

I'm so happy that I stared down that 162 number and took action. My goal for this challenge was to weigh less on Christmas Eve than I did on Thanksgiving Day.

Mrs Snark
12-14-2013, 10:35 AM
This weekend is flying by, so much to do! So of course my husband decided to rearrange all our furniture in the living room and Florida room this morning, my heart is still palpitating. And no, the rooms don't look good, but I've agreed to live with it a while to see if it "grows on me".

Gah, the compromises we make in marriage!

Oh my, ya'll have been chatty! I'll have to catch up tomorrow when the darling husband goes out to watch football with the guys!

Until then I'm sending everyone a big HUG!!!!

Yesterday:
B: Iced coffee, apple, toast with avocado on top.

L: big black bean burrito with all the fixins!

D: 2 glasses of wine (big glasses), pita bread, hummus, veggie salad, and lentil salad.

love2b150
12-14-2013, 11:41 AM
Sum I love fish also. I may just buy some salmon and steam with some asparagus and a couple of new potatoes that sounds so good :drool: Yeah that shread is made by Philadelphia cream cheese, it's so good. :D

Heidi good for you. :high: That hasn't happened to me in forever just like the whoosh fairy has come to visit me either. I'm glad you're able to enjoy that "blue moon" moment :) Congrats on making your Christmas goal :yay:

I so want to go shopping for that blouse you had, but I need to get this belly down. I read yesterday on a 3FC thread that going gluten free helps with belly fat. I may try it for a week or two ;)

Michelle, oh the compromises :D huh! Enjoy your day and breathe :hug:

Down .6 to 176.2 … 175 is really really hiding from me …. whyyyyyy?

Have a great day ALL :hug:

newleaf123
12-14-2013, 01:57 PM
rennie if you have a LOFT near you, you should go get it. It's on sale, marked down to $29, and then 40% off of that, so $17.99. I actually ended up not wearing it last night, and went in today to exchange for navy color.

newleaf123
12-14-2013, 02:43 PM
L: cup of homemade mushroom soup
S: banana sliced over warmed almond butter, drizzled with honey

Sum38
12-14-2013, 05:27 PM
Heidi Woot on your new low! It is coming down fast, nice!!

Sum38
12-14-2013, 05:30 PM
I ate breakfast :eek: I was actually hungry. Then in return I was still full at lunch and skipped it. I had a snack and now I am ready for my dinner :drool: So my day is going very well :) If I just avoid evening snacking, I am golden for the day.

B ~ GF English Muffin, two over easy eggs, 2 oz salmon, green tea
L ~ None
D ~ Filet mignon, potato, asparagus
S ~ Cheese

newleaf123
12-14-2013, 05:47 PM
S: asst veggies, cheese, salami, black bean dip appetizer

Just found out we are going to the neighbors tonight, which means plentiful food & drink. Skipping dinner as a result. Will try to have restraint over food, and switch to tea after 2 drinks.

newleaf123
12-14-2013, 07:13 PM
Scratch that; I decided to have a little dinner after all. Just some raw veggies, that made up part of the meal that I made for the family. Also, I remembered that the man next door is on some sort of diet so maybe there will be less food than usual...

S: asst veggies, cheese, salami, black bean dip appetizer
D: raw broccoli, celery, tomatoes, sugar snap peas

Leeh
12-14-2013, 07:22 PM
I made this for supper tonight I really recommend it. (http://uktv.co.uk/food/recipe/aid/658233) I love cooking food that is enjoyed by the whole family instead of having to give myself something else.

Cattails
12-14-2013, 09:18 PM
Ha, Sum, you're too funny - 22 degrees?! I wouldn't emerge from my cocoon of blankets!

Heidi, gratz on the scale success! And kudos for catching the upswing before it got overwhelming, that's a huge achievement.

And gratz to you, justsayno, on a loss! You've got this!

Hope everybody is having a terrific weekend. :)

Cattails
12-14-2013, 09:23 PM
Yesterday was a kind of a junk day - went to the movies and indulged. The Hobbit was lots of fun though!

Today's food so far:

B: yogurt with chia and banana, tea
S: little bit of sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds
L: wonton soup, bbq pork chow mein (too much!), and mu shu pork, tea
D: probably some steamed broccoli
S: 1 ounce of dark chocolate

Still ignoring the birthday cake in the fridge; it'll be gone soon enough with my four guys here!

love2b150
12-14-2013, 09:27 PM
Heidi, there are a few. I will definitely go try it on to make sure it looks appropriate on me :)

Sum I've still gotta get the salmon maybe tomorrow :)

Leeh, your dinner sounds really good. I have yet to try to cook lamb.

Cattails you have four boys?

today was my cheat day

B - egg, Pico de Gallo, cheddar cheese, bacon, biscuit, grits, green tea
L - frosted flakes, 1% milk, ruffles cheddar and sour cream chips, green grapes
D - low carb shake at the gym
I just finished some Au Gratin/scallop potatoes and corn, green tea

went to the gym burned 622 calories on the treadmill

I am hoping for NO GAIN in the morning. :crossed: I am surely not expecting a loss. :)

Cattails
12-15-2013, 01:32 AM
Rennie, I have three sons (all bigger than me now) and a husband; leftovers don't stand a chance. :D I'm pulling for a good number for you in the morning!

Today's actual food:

B: yogurt with chia and banana, tea
S: little bit of sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds
L: wonton soup, bbq pork chow mein (too much!), and mu shu pork, tea
D: salad with kidney beans, edamame, and feta, coffee
S: 1 ounce of dark chocolate

Sum38
12-15-2013, 08:46 AM
Second time doing my step aerobic class; I am still very sore from Friday's class, I don't know how I am going to manage :D

Wish me luck :)

Plan for today

Meals
Bfast ~ None
Lunch ~ Salad w/ grilled chicken, tomato, onion, avocado, feta and dressing
Dinner ~ Chicken cooked with pineapple, rice and broccoli
Snacks ~ TBD

Exercise
Step aerobics 60 min
Walk 60 min

Weight this am

Mrs Snark
12-15-2013, 09:37 AM
Sum, I used to live in fear of the booze munchies but somehow I don't have the issue any more as long as I have good food planned. Maybe drinking on the weekend is what is keeping me from losing more like I'd like to, so I'll have to consider giving it up, though I really don't want to.

Heidi, pretty clothes, love them !

newleaf123
12-15-2013, 10:46 AM
leeh the moussaka recipe looks great! I'm the only one who will eat aubergines, though. sum, what ever became of your eggplant in the morning? I remember when you were on that yummy kick!

Thanks for the compliments, catTails & Michelle!

So I managed well last night. 2 glasses of wine, a couple nibbles of cheese, and salted cashews. Scale was up 0.3 this AM, so that's a win. I noticed that fresh-out-of-the-wash pants are fitting better again.

And for today...

Sum38
12-15-2013, 11:46 AM
Heidi, I should go back to eating eggplants in the morning, somehow I was able to stomach them. But once again, I did not have any bfast; it is nearly noon and I am just starting to feel hunger.

I did my second step aerobic class and felt like an elephant :) I had these perky ladies with trim bodies up on front and all of us "bigger" and slower ladies were fighting for the back row spot...lol -- I am going to keep going though; I sweat a lot and that is a good thing!! Perhaps I will get to be one of those perky and fit ladies at some point! :) :)

newleaf123
12-15-2013, 12:34 PM
Good for you sum, shaking things up with the step aerobics. I'm sure with all that sweating, you will see some results.

L: steel cut oats with mashed banana, roasted beets with olive oil & balsamic vinegar (lunch was a fridge clean out LOL)

envelope
12-15-2013, 01:51 PM
I am having a very low energy day, and unfortunately I have a lot of running around with kids sports. Hoping I am not getting sick.

newleaf123
12-15-2013, 04:36 PM
I hope you get your energy back, envelope! There's a lot going around...

L: steel cut oats with mashed banana, roasted beets with olive oil & balsamic vinegar
S: used celery to finish off the spicy black bean dip; tasted the roasted red pepper dip I made to replace it.
S: handful of nuts

newleaf123
12-15-2013, 07:22 PM
L: steel cut oats with mashed banana, roasted beets with olive oil & balsamic vinegar
S: used celery to finish off the spicy black bean dip; tasted the roasted red pepper dip I made to replace it.
S: handful of nuts, 3 peanut butter filled pretzel nuggets
D: Ethiopian lentil stew over brown rice, 2 was a crackers, 2 small pieces of soprasetta, piece of fudge

Sum38
12-15-2013, 09:27 PM
A strange food day for me. I was not very hungry today until 3 pm.

B ~ Green Tea
L ~ Yogurt
D ~ Chicken with pesto sauce, rice and broccoli
S ~ Cheese and crackers, trail mix

Exercise
Hike through a foot of snow 3.5 miles (70 min) ~ that was tough
Step aerobics 60 min with DOMS ~ hurt like heck at first

Tomorrow I am off to the FCA; need to pack my lunch :)

love2b150
12-15-2013, 10:36 PM
Thanks Cattails :) … left overs in here only get eaten if I take them out. They will never go back for them, it drives me nuts. My husband is 6'6 so our sons 12, 14, 16 year olds are all taller than me. Our youngest daughter is 9 and she's almost as tall as I am :) Our oldest just informed me that she is taller than I am also ;) I know her little 120lb self is thinner than me :D

:goodluck: Sum sorry about the soreness :hug: Sum I wasn't really hungry today either, no dinner for me today. I eat breakfast to take my medicine. … You are on your way to a perky and fit :high:

Michelle, give it a shot and see what your weigh is :)

Heidi that's a nice NSV with the pants. :high: I have on some old Khaki's that I haven't worn since August 2012 and they have room in the belly area and I need on a belt :)

Weigh in this morning up one pound to 177.2 not bad … and for some reason I wasn't really hungry today.

B ~ eggs, with Pico de Gallo, and cheddar, green tea
L ~ gyro meat on a low carb tortilla with lettuce and cucumber sauce
S ~ 3 crunchy monkey bread balls my son made
D ~ too late to eat anything and I'm not hungry anyway so why be miserable?

newleaf123
12-16-2013, 06:01 AM
Really happy this morning, with my weight at 154.9. On Friday it was 156.2. I can't remember the last time I weighed less on Monday than I did on Friday. It's been a long time...

Excellent pants NSV for you, too, rennie!

Hope you aren't too sore today, sum. You've really been working it. I was thinking last night, your commitment is really inspiring!

Sum38
12-16-2013, 06:43 AM
Plan for today

B ~ Green Tea
L ~ Salad w/grilled chicken, feta, tomato and avocado. Dressing. ~ Packing lunch
D ~ Pork Loin, lots of vegetables
S ~ TBD

Exercise
Rest Day

Weight

Sum38
12-16-2013, 07:15 AM
Rennie I decided some time ago that I am not going to eat when I am not hungry. I think in the past I ate dinners with family and I simply was not hungry and it brought on the pounds. Nice NSV about your pants and needing a belt.

Heidi Thanks.... I just hope this is the mojo I have been looking for. I completely lost it in November. How did your interview go? Congrats on your new low after the weekend. You'll be back at 149 in no time :)

envelope I hope you are not getting sick!! 'This the season :(

I am taking a rest day today, my muscles need it plus I'll be at the FCA all day. IF, and only IF I have some energy left by the time I get home, I may go swimming later on....but that is a big IF...lol -- I am packing lunch that way I won't have another day where I skipped lunch.

I feel optimistic that my scale will start showing me some love soon :) :) Patience!

Leeh
12-16-2013, 08:26 AM
198.0 this morning after a bit of a rough weekend. I went shopping downtown with my daughter and we had lunch out. We did a nice sushi place instead of the regular all you can eat one so portion control was key. Yesterday was a party at my uncle's and I had to avoid the food area. There was nothing that was sensible- creamy salads, rich cheeses, buttery crackers, desserts etc.

My 16 year old (who is thin) said "I know you think you are fat, mom but you are the thinnest of your relatives" It really shows how bad family habits can follow you through life. So much of our traditions are centered around food.

newleaf123
12-16-2013, 08:34 AM
Thanks for asking, sum. The interview went really well, and she should be deciding the middle of this week. I *think* I've got the job, unless she decides that she is too uncomfortable hiring someone with a lot more experience than she has... So, we'll see. I remember when I was her age (26?) it was really intimidating to interview people with so much more experience than I had...

Leeh, your daughter sounds like a sweetheart...

B: cappuccino, 1/2 of a small apple, steel cut oats with unsweetened apple butter mixed in

Leeh
12-16-2013, 09:30 AM
Thanks for asking, sum. The interview went really well, and she should be deciding the middle of this week. I *think* I've got the job, unless she decides that she is too uncomfortable hiring someone with a lot more experience than she has... So, we'll see. I remember when I was her age (26?) it was really intimidating to interview people with so much more experience than I had...

Leeh, your daughter sounds like a sweetheart...

B: cappuccino, 1/2 of a small apple, steel cut oats with unsweetened apple butter mixed in

She can be pretty bold. I have spent almost all her life yoyo-ing. I hate that about our relationship. do you have this ad campaign in the US? (http://www.marketingmag.ca/news/marketer-news/multi-grain-cheerios-talks-to-women-about-dieting-90411)

love2b150
12-16-2013, 10:50 AM
envelope I'm sorry I did it again with catching up on one page and not coming to the last page :dizzy: Hope your energy level is better today and the you're not getting sick :hug:

:drool: Heidi I haven't had Ethiopian food since I lived in Washington. Oh how I miss being able to go out and get whatever I had a taste for :) :woohoo: Heidi, you are in full swing here keep it going you'll be 150 before you know it :high: Thanks on the pants. I'm happy myself. Since the scale isn't cooperating the pants made me feel better :)

Thanks Sum :) … I remember doing what felt like a hike with 2 of the kids and my Mom's husband one year in the snow. Oh my goodness was it a workout and all because we wanted to go to Wendy's. LOL we sure burned the calories off afterwards getting back home :) LOL I hope my scale starts showing me some love soon :crossed: for both of us :)

Leeh thank goodness for our children and their gentleness and kindness. :) My families gatherings are also all centered around food. And none of them worry about weight, only me. I so want the flat belly that they have. They always show me that they can pinch a little skin … I'm like please when you can grab a roll then you can pull up your top and show me …

… eventhough I felt lighter this morning I was up .2 to 177.4. You all send your :goodvibes: this way, I sure need them :)

Leeh
12-16-2013, 10:54 AM
envelope I'm sorry I did it again with catching up on one page and not coming to the last page :dizzy: Hope your energy level is better today and the you're not getting sick :hug:

:drool: Heidi I haven't had Ethiopian food since I lived in Washington. Oh how I miss being able to go out and get whatever I had a taste for :) :woohoo: Heidi, you are in full swing here keep it going you'll be 150 before you know it :high: Thanks on the pants. I'm happy myself. Since the scale isn't cooperating the pants made me feel better :)

Thanks Sum :) … I remember doing what felt like a hike with 2 of the kids and my Mom's husband one year in the snow. Oh my goodness was it a workout and all because we wanted to go to Wendy's. LOL we sure burned the calories off afterwards getting back home :) LOL I hope my scale starts showing me some love soon :crossed: for both of us :)

Leeh thank goodness for our children and their gentleness and kindness. :) My families gatherings are also all centered around food. And none of them worry about weight, only me. I so want the flat belly that they have. They always show me that they can pinch a little skin … I'm like please when you can grab a roll then you can pull up your top and show me …

… eventhough I felt lighter this morning I was up .2 to 177.4. You all send your :goodvibes: this way, I sure need them :)
It is a challenge to live with people who either don't battle with weight or don't have food issues. My husband, for example doesn't really enjoy food. He is an eat to live person and it really makes me frustrated at times but I secretly wish that, I too had that gene. Where he will be happy with one tiny piece of quality chocolate I am glad to scarf down a Kit Kat.

love2b150
12-16-2013, 11:14 AM
Leeh, I know what you mean. Our oldest daugher is 20 and thin, she eats what she wants. Our oldest son is 16, 6'1 and 243lbs. He is trying to get his weight under control but every now and then he will scarf down a ton of crap and he is always cooking and trying something new (which Mommy will always have to sample ;)) the other 3 are all thin and tall like Daddy. When we go to family functions I watch the women in my family eat a little of this and that and maybe that's why they look like they d, idk. I was always the (pile my plate up eat till I'm stuffed person), not to mention eat all day. I don't do that now. I actually recognize when I'm full and stop eating. I also try not to get more than I think I can eat. My husband is trying to gain about 20lbs and he just can't seem to do it. I could gain 20 pounds easily at the blink of an eye I know. PS I love Kit Kats and Reeces too, king size ;) I've got to control my eating if I don't it will be back to where it was and I don't want that to happen.

Leeh
12-16-2013, 11:28 AM
I do think understanding when you have had enough and not eating more just because it tastes good is a big step. My youngest sister is Celine Dion thin and she just eats anything she wants but small portions of it. When we eat at a restaurant she always either orders off the kids menu or asks for a take out box right away and scoops half her meal out to eat another day. I'd be the person who would eat everything until there is either nothing left or too little to put aside for another meal so I just finish it.

I am not a big bread or cereal fan but give me a plate of potatoes or rice and I am a happy woman.

newleaf123
12-16-2013, 11:57 AM
L: roasted Brussel sprouts, salad with a scoop of red pepper spread on top

newleaf123
12-16-2013, 04:10 PM
S: banana sliced over warmed almond butter and drizzled with honey; 5 dried apricots

Sum38
12-16-2013, 05:14 PM
I stuck to my plan :) I don't feel like going swimming, as expected. I am always so tired after the FCA.
My muscles are feeling better, they will be ready for Wednesday's step class torture.

We are supposed to get upto 3 inches of snow tonight; I am looking forward to my morning walk/hike through snowy woods. Rennie it is a lot of work :)

B ~ Green Tea
L ~ Salad w/grilled chicken, feta, tomato and avocado. Dressing.
D ~ Pork Loin, lots of vegetables
S ~ a few pieces of chocolate :o

Cattails
12-16-2013, 08:34 PM
I do think understanding when you have had enough and not eating more just because it tastes good is a big step. My youngest sister is Celine Dion thin and she just eats anything she wants but small portions of it. When we eat at a restaurant she always either orders off the kids menu or asks for a take out box right away and scoops half her meal out to eat another day. I'd be the person who would eat everything until there is either nothing left or too little to put aside for another meal so I just finish it.

I think this is key to controlling your intake; it sure is for me. I used to seriously stuff myself but the past year and a half, I've been trying to be really mindful of how my body feels, eating what I really want to eat and stopping when I am starting to feel full. I always have enough for at least two more meals at home when we go out to eat! :p I was thinking about this recently and realized that I used to have a lot of anxiety about food, feeling like if I didn't eat it all right here and now, I wouldn't get to have it later. (The effect of growing up with hungry brothers?) I've reset that attitude and gotten much more relaxed - if there's something I want later, I mark it for myself and my guys leave it for me. It felt selfish at first but it's really made me happier, which in turn makes things more pleasant for everyone around here. ;)

Sum, your snow hikes sound very vigorous and quite wonderful! I'm sure that your efforts will show on the scale very shortly.

Heidi, woo-hoo on the job - hope that works out for you! Mm, your apple butter entries have got me jealous; do you have a brand that you can recommend? I really ought to make some myself with our late apples... lazy me.

I like your new picture. :)

Rennie! :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

envelope, hope you're feeling all right!

newleaf123
12-16-2013, 09:42 PM
S: banana sliced over warmed almond butter and drizzled with honey; 5 dried apricots
D: small amt of whole wheat pasta, a bit of sauce, 2 meatballs; whole wheat pita bread with olive oil warmed under the broiler YUM, red pepper spread

catTails the apple butter is from a local orchard, their in house brand. I like that you can get it with no sugar.

sum glad you had a good day

leeh I try to pay attention, too, re not going back for more just because it tastes good. I'd say I'm successful maybe 50% of the time. It's a work in progress...

love2b150
12-16-2013, 11:08 PM
Leeh I have learned to get a take out container at the beginning also. I too am one that wants to and will finish all of my food if it is in front of me. So if I get the container early and divide it I don't feel obligated to finish it right then. When I first heard about doing that I thought it was the dumbest thing but it works for me :) On the bread and cereal. I can eat about 6 slices of white bread and a half of a box of frosted flakes, corn pops or froot loops :drool: at least I use to be able to. I steer clear of those things and mashed potatoes :drool: I drool alot can you tell :D

Sum my kids would love some snow. Where we use to live the schools were closed two days last week due to snow, the kids said, "See Mommy!" like I could snap my fingers and we would go back :shrug: They were out of school so much in 2010-2011 it drove me nuts :dizzy: We couldn't get out to go any where and it didn't matter because the trucks couldn't get in so we were all stir crazy :) Oh Sum I found some smoked peppercorn salmon at Walmart this evening. That's on my menu for tomorrow. I need to figure out where I can buy this white miso so I can make this sauce I had over salmon once.

Thanks Cattails :), LOL your house too … guys, smh. I have to mark my stuff also or they will make it disappear :)

Heidi what is red pepper spread, I keep thinking hummus :)

My calories low, carbs high today but tomorrow back on track. I have everything planned out so no excuses I cooked it all this evening so tomorrow I can heat and eat :D

B ~ banana, green tea
L ~ low carb tortilla shell, fiesta blend cheese, Pico de Gallo, salsa, steak, onion/green pepper
S ~ s/f gelatin, 10 Nilla wafers, 1 Graham cracker
D ~ no sugar added grapefruit

Cattails
12-17-2013, 12:15 AM
I'll have to look around for some apple butter. Unsweetened is a definite plus to me as well. I want to taste good apples, not sugar.

B: scrambled eggs with salsa, coffee
L: chips and salsa, two soft chicken tacos, 1/4 of a tamale
S: 5 pirouette cookies, plain popcorn, coffee
D: green beans and onion sauteed with almonds, one apple and 2 tsp. peanut butter
S: one ounce dark chocolate

newleaf123
12-17-2013, 05:53 AM
rennie, yes, the red pepper spread is sort of like hummus but not with chick peas. I roasted a red pepper, and then combined it with garlic, lemon juice, and a can of Northern(white) beans. When it seemed too thin, I added tahini (all in the food processor)

Sum38
12-17-2013, 07:01 AM
Hallelujah.... I finally broke 155, after 3 weeks of seeing it daily, not by much, but I broke it :woohoo: -- I feel thinner, so maybe there is a whoosh in my future. I would really like to get below my starting weight ASAP :)

Plan for today:

Meals :hungry:
B ~ Green Tea
L ~ Sushi
D ~ Left overs; pesto chicken and/or porkloin, lots of veggies
S ~ TBD

Exercise :lifter:
3-5 mile hike through snow
45 minutes of weight lifting

Weight :goodscale

love2b150
12-17-2013, 10:16 AM
Heidi that sounds really good :)

Sum good job :high: I'm happy for you :)

I'm back to my pre-cheat day weight of 176.8. I have my meals all planned out for the day so I should do fine. Hopefully I can see 175 this week :crossed:

Leeh
12-17-2013, 10:37 AM
175 sounds so good. I think that will be my March Break goal at this rate.

love2b150
12-17-2013, 10:58 AM
Leeh I don't know where I'd like to be by March but I do know that I'd like to be in a comfortable size 10 by Summer :D I'll say for March I'd like to have a BMI that is in the overweight range :)

Cattails
12-17-2013, 08:27 PM
All right, Sum!! :high:

Heidi, that spread sounds yummy. You like it over salad?

:crossed: for you, Rennie!

Today is a really happy day for me: look at my maintenance ticker! It's been six months since I reached my goal of 128 lbs., and I haven't been near it since!

love2b150
12-17-2013, 09:42 PM
Thanks Cattails :)

I can only hope that I have the success that you have achieved. :congrat:
Wow 128 (I'm dreaming :)) …

newleaf123
12-18-2013, 07:45 AM
Yay sum!!

catTails It isn't that I particularly like it over salad, but it makes it an easy day to eat it. I just take a spoonful and drop it in the middle, then dip the salad veggies in it while I eat. I tend to be low on protein, so it's a good way to get some in.

Ugh, bad day yesterday, food wise. Say no more. Back on track today.

Leeh
12-18-2013, 07:52 AM
197.0 this morning. Woot! I am passing a kidney stone so I have been feeling unwell for a week so I guess I got the push I needed to get a bit more firmly into the 190s instead of the hover I was doing.

For breakfast today I am having a smoothie with yoghurt, banana, cherries and peaches- no chia, flax or hemp today.

newleaf123
12-18-2013, 08:16 AM
Leeh, sorry to hear of your kidney stone... I've heard those are soooo painful! But glad to see you are doing well weightwise... silver lining!

Sum38
12-18-2013, 08:30 AM
Well my visit to 154's was a short one. I bet my sushi lunch is to blame.

Yesterday:

Meals

B ~ Green Tea
L ~ Sushi, salad and miso soup
D ~ Pesto chicken, salad and lots of veggies
S ~ A few pieces of chocolate

Exercise
Hike for 4.5 miles
Weight Lifting 45 min

Weight this am

newleaf123
12-18-2013, 08:41 AM
Not good news for me sum, since I am meeting a friend for a sushi lunch today! Although... I do think its the miso soup, rather than the sushi... that and the soy sauce. Regardless, I know you will be back down again soon!

Sum38
12-18-2013, 09:19 AM
Yep I think it is the soup and I love lots of soy sauce with my sushi. I am really swollen this morning. - Have fun with your friend Heidi.

Leeh So sorry about your kidney stones, those can be a real bugger! I had them when I was proggo with my DD and I was in so much pain.

Sum38
12-18-2013, 09:27 AM
It is Wednesday which means my fast day. I have switched to Hibiscus Tea during the day, it is more palatable than Green Tea. So I will be drinking a ton of that today. - I am still quite full from yesterday, I think I had too much to eat for dinner.

Plan for today

Meals :hun:
B ~ Green Tea
L ~ None
D ~ Left over porkloin, potatoes, lots of veggies
S ~ TBD

Exercise :exercise:
3.5 mile hike (60 min)
step aerobics (60 min)

newleaf123
12-18-2013, 07:49 PM
B: steel cut oats with mashed banana, cappuccino
S: Apple
L: miso soup, salmon roll, tuna roll, cucumber roll
S: Chobani lime yogurt, candy cane, jelly beans
D: edamame with lemon pepper

Sum38
12-19-2013, 07:04 AM
Come on scale!!! DROP! Please dear Whoosh Fairy, visit my house; I have been a good girl!

I had my fast day yesterday. I fasted till 4:30 pm and had a huge salad. My total calories for the day ended up around 1200 cals. I did 2 different exercises; waded through a foot of snow (hike) and step aerobics. My legs are sore today; I am hoping that the number on my scale is due to a water retention because my muscles are being repaired.

Yesterday

Meals :hungry:
B ~ Green Tea
L ~ Hibiscus Tea
D ~ Salad with bleu cheese, avocado, tomato, onion and grilled chicken. Dressing.
S ~ Cream cheese and crackers, apple with pb

Exercise :exercise:
3.5 mile hike (60 min)
Step Aerobics (60 min)

newleaf123
12-19-2013, 09:03 AM
B: cappuccino, 7grain hot cereal with unsweetened apple butter
L: (planned) apple, carrot, pepper slices

newleaf123
12-19-2013, 04:47 PM
B: cappuccino, 7grain hot cereal with unsweetened apple butter